PDA

View Full Version : Hearsay..Singles are allowed to buy BTO..

flagship74
26-03-12, 22:52
Hearsay...To be confirmed by KBW...Good news to all singles..bad news to all HDB sellers..:D

august
26-03-12, 22:58
hopefully private pty owner also eligible :witches-brew:

kane
26-03-12, 23:01

I wish for that too.

wannabe
26-03-12, 23:07
I wish for that too.
wah!!!!! can i buy a 5? lolx

kane
26-03-12, 23:09
wah!!!!! can i buy a 5? lolx
Don't be so greedy lah. One is good enough for me, i don't even mind buying EC or DBSS.

azeoprop
26-03-12, 23:09
What?! Now then can? I want KBW to refund my time lost in their anti singles policy! :simmering:

wannabe
26-03-12, 23:13
Don't be so greedy lah. One is good enough for me, i don't even mind buying EC or DBSS.

okok. just let me buy any type of public housing i would be overjoyed...

jwong71
26-03-12, 23:22
kbw sleeping la.. at age 35 allow to buy hdb, these singles got how many golden years then to get hitched??

at 30 yrs old single to buy a hdb, confirm can get ONS and shotgun marriage la:D

kane
26-03-12, 23:24
kbw sleeping la.. at age 35 allow to buy hdb, these singles got how many golden years then to get hitched??

at 30 yrs old single to buy a hdb, confirm can get ONS and shotgun marriage la:D

And if it results in divorce, the asset division could get messy. Better not.. Ha.

kane
26-03-12, 23:25
okok. just let me buy any type of public housing i would be overjoyed...

I would certainly eye the EC penthouse unit.

jwong71
26-03-12, 23:30
And if it results in divorce, the asset division could get messy. Better not.. Ha.

solve the housing crunch and boast up birthrate.. 1 stone hits 2 birds :D

azeoprop
26-03-12, 23:49
solve the housing crunch and boast up birthrate.. 1 stone hits 2 birds :D

Accident no problem, make new policy for each single mother to get a free 3 room hdb flat. :rolleyes:

devilplate
26-03-12, 23:49
Hearsay...To be confirmed by KBW...Good news to all singles..bad news to all HDB sellers..:D
Hinted at his blog?

devilplate
26-03-12, 23:53
Us and eu printing money....

Sg printing hdb! Wakakaka

Netizens still wana complain PR pushing up hdb resale px?

Alot more ppl eligible for bto liao.....and once they got their subsidised bto hdb....u tink they want resale px to go up or down?

Woahahahaha

ysyap
27-03-12, 07:50
Hearsay...To be confirmed by KBW...Good news to all singles..bad news to all HDB sellers..:DIf BTO supply is based on actual demands, then no good. But if BTO supply is based on population growth with a view on the HDB resale market, then HDB sellers still ok lah. :o. The projection of BTO launches KBW gave for the next 5 years is based on .....?

peterng8
27-03-12, 08:22

single buy BTO?

what is the criteria for single to apply?

than all those married couples will need to queue longer due to singles join in? or singles need to get rid of one unit if both singles get married if they have one HDB each?

than how many BTO need to be built to cater all the needs?

no need to have a family to be eligible to get a BTO? current rulings all change? HDB purpose of encouraging family setup change or encouraging more people to be single?

What is criteria for single to sell after MOP? to single or couple? in order not to be seen as money making scheme for single.

etc etc....so many questions and control needed, how high are the chances to implement this? :p :p

kane
27-03-12, 08:27
If not equally priority for singles and married couples, people will start complaining again like what you said. But of course, this move will absorb any possible oversupply down the road.

irisng
27-03-12, 08:36

It is really a good news for my brother-in-law who is already 50+, still staying with his mother and single 2nd brother in a 3 room flat. When it starts?

Allthepies
27-03-12, 08:54

yup hope all Singaporeans can buy HDB but for the purpose of own stay only.

why make it so messy:
(1) only 12k below can buy,
(2) only married couple can buy,
(3) singles need to be above 35,
(4) private owner cannot buy,
(5) Singaporeans who buy public housing can later buy private housing,
(6) Singaporeans who buy private first cannot buy public housing
(7) PR can buy public housing whether they own private properties overseas (how to check they own private properties overseas)

so many weird and contradicting rules....

:doh:

just removed all the rules and replace by 1 single rule:
HDB shall be available to all Singaporeans with the purpose of self stay!!
The subsidies depend on your income level.

irisng
27-03-12, 09:17

why make it so messy:
(7) PR can buy public housing whether they own private properties overseas (how to check they own private properties overseas)

Yup. I found it messy too. Does anybody know when is the exact date for this month BTO application?

devilplate
27-03-12, 09:30
If not equally priority for singles and married couples, people will start complaining again like what you said. But of course, this move will absorb any possible oversupply down the road.
er bro....

in the 1st plc kbw determine the supply of BTO flats leh.....y nid to create this move to absorb oversupply?????

i dun get u

price
27-03-12, 09:31
Wth!? if they allow this to happen then Singapore birthrate will continue to go down. Singapore Singaporeans are indeed going to be extinct soon. We'll be taken over by migrants and PRs

price
27-03-12, 09:33
They may reduce the age of 35 to 30 or so but removing the family nucleus rule is crazy! :doh:

If my entire family buys 1 HDB each we will have 7-8 woohoo!

devilplate
27-03-12, 09:35
Wth!? if they allow this to happen then Singapore birthrate will continue to go down. Singapore Singaporeans are indeed going to be extinct soon. We'll be taken over by migrants and PRs
anything is possible for the purpose of garnering more votes in future liao......but this move very likely to backfire and singles consists of small numbers.....and govt shd not encourage singlehood

cm5 totally caught me by surprise.....i wud nvr expect such measures coming out from MIW.....:(

devilplate
27-03-12, 09:36
They may reduce the age of 35 to 30 or so but removing the family nucleus rule is crazy! :doh:

If my entire family buys 1 HDB each we will have 7-8 woohoo!
wakakakakakakakaak nice one bro!

roly8
27-03-12, 09:55
I would certainly eye the EC penthouse unit.
why everyone aim EC?

99yr only..

care to shed some lights?

and btw, i think single must be 35 to get hdb

flagship74
27-03-12, 09:58
why everyone aim EC?

99yr only..

HDB rules keep changing, u nvr know you could buy HDB at 18..:scared-4:

ay123
27-03-12, 09:59
actually is quite fair for single to buy subsidised HDB. afterall they are singaporean and they deserve such benefit. some ppl choose to stay single but some remain single with no choice. why govt want to discrminate these group. if govt want to take care of ppl, they should make sure every singaporean are taken care of.

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:02
actually is quite fair for single to buy subsidised HDB. afterall they are singaporean and they deserve such benefit. some ppl choose to stay single but some remain single with no choice. why govt want to discrminate these group. if govt want to take care of ppl, they should make sure every singaporean are taken care of.

every sporeans shall be entitled to one HBD bto flat!!!

wakakakakakakakaka

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:04
just for discussion sake: they increase 2nd timer chances of getting bto flats rite? and u noe y many 2nd timers drooling? resale levy nvr increase much over the yrs and resale flat px had doubled since 06/07.......easy profit for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many 2nd timers super gian now....hot coffeeshop tcss topic.....free money for all 2nd timer!!!!!!!!!

roly8
27-03-12, 10:04
every sporeans shall be entitled to one HBD bto flat!!!

wakakakakakakakaka
gonna be jialat ...

housing price will drop alot, i guess..

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:06
gonna be jialat ...

housing price will drop alot, i guess..
den every sporeans will change their stance......we want more PR to buy our resale flats!!!

woahahahahhahahahahahah

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:08
just for discussion sake: they increase 2nd timer chances of getting bto flats rite? and u noe y many 2nd timers drooling? resale levy nvr increase much over the yrs and resale flat px had doubled since 06/07.......easy profit for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many 2nd timers super gian now....hot coffeeshop tcss topic.....free money for all 2nd timer!!!!!!!!!

and u noe wat the consequences 3yrs later? resale flat px will plunge.....

price
27-03-12, 10:21
wakakakakakakakaak nice one bro!
I bet devilplate bro will use all ur families' name to buy 1 each too right? hehehe. all chiong 3 bedroom liao

price
27-03-12, 10:24
why everyone aim EC?

99yr only..

ECs 99 years not good? then u want govt to build u 999 years and FH ECs issit? Seriously i do agree that singaporeans are hard to please. I really hope to see more suggestions rather than outright protests

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:26
ECs 99 years not good? then u want govt to build u 999 years and FH ECs issit? Seriously i do agree that singaporeans are hard to please. I really hope to see more suggestions rather than outright protests
bro.....u missed out all the FUN during GE!!!

price
27-03-12, 10:26

Government is allowing Singles to buy HDB wat. They give u chance up to 35 years of age to decide. Not good enough?

If before 35 u decide to stay single buy MM lor? 398k can liao. dun need subsidised flats. u get facilities summore. :cheers5:

price
27-03-12, 10:28
bro.....u missed out all the FUN during GE!!!
hahaha why leh? were u there giving suggestions? I went to quite a few opposition as well as PAP rallies leh.

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:30
hahaha why leh? were u there giving suggestions? I went to quite a few opposition as well as PAP rallies leh.
i meant the FUN over in this forum!!!

very hot debate going on for weeks!!!

special thanks to grandpa wenqing whom i believed oredi migrated to china for the yum yum cina babes liao :D

roly8
27-03-12, 10:33

if you look at buying a condo, everyone prefer a freehold meh...

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:39
why everyone aim EC?

99yr only..

mabe u will be able to answer ur own qn by looking at many of bro/sis here who r not eligible for EC

masterkey
27-03-12, 10:46
If that happens, HDB will become mass market rental land ....

price
27-03-12, 10:58
if you look at buying a condo, everyone prefer a freehold meh...

If u are asking a hypothetical question, I buy HDB i hope it's freehold. so i can pass my few hundred k HDB to the next generation :D

price
27-03-12, 11:01

special thanks to grandpa wenqing whom i believed oredi migrated to china for the yum yum cina babes liao :D

Aiya wasted, as u can see i only signed up in Jan. been reading anonymously since Nov. way after the GE. :( During GE i not eligible for loans leh. No bank wanna lend me $ no fixed salary

ysyap
27-03-12, 11:11

special thanks to grandpa wenqing whom i believed oredi migrated to china for the yum yum cina babes liao :DYou are right... Wenqing... he promised he'll leave after GE and he really is gone... Lol! :rolleyes: Missed his arguments though! :)

ysyap
27-03-12, 11:13
Aiya wasted, as u can see i only signed up in Jan. been reading anonymously since Nov. way after the GE. :( During GE i not eligible for loans leh. No bank wanna lend me $ no fixed salaryHis articles and threads are primarily found under coffeshop talk section. :)

ay123
27-03-12, 11:15

after talking so much during GE, he vanished on polling day and migrate to china wenqing. he is a hopeless man. i think now he is BASIC. another hopeless character

price
27-03-12, 11:15
His articles and threads are primarily found under coffeshop talk section. :)
thanks bro! shall go read up just for laughs :D

flagship74
27-03-12, 14:16
Reliable sauce..KBW gonna to announce soon..stay tune..:D

bigapplefan
27-03-12, 14:17

why make it so messy:

The rule that confuses me most is (5) & (6). Pple who have money to buy/upgrade to private housing later can happily keep their hdb for rental income but pple who bought private in the first place cannot buy hdb. This rule should work both ways in that if you own hdb cannot own private and vice versa and should be independent of the order in which hdb or private is purchased.

I am also wondering how do hdb check if PR have overseas properties or not? I mean come on la, i don't believe that just because they become singapore PR, they will sell off their home in their home country??? :doh:

price
27-03-12, 14:20

Then singapore property market really gonna crash. its gonna be a chain effect. more HDBs, more ppl rent out rental drop, more ppl sell, pty prices fall as well. woohoo

price
27-03-12, 14:23
The rule that confuses me most is (5) & (6). Pple who have money to buy/upgrade to private housing later can happily keep their hdb for rental income but pple who bought private in the first place cannot buy hdb. This rule should work both ways in that if you own hdb cannot own private and vice versa and should be independent of the order in which hdb or private is purchased.

I am also wondering how do hdb check if PR have overseas properties or not? I mean come on la, i don't believe that just because they become singapore PR, they will sell off their home in their home country??? :doh:

Please get the govt to change the above rules so i can still qualify for HDB when i get married :D

cheerful
27-03-12, 14:23

Simple logic ... those who bought their first HDB & benefitted fr it had made a wise CHOICE. For instance, know of some young couples chose to buy direct resale at high prices instead of waiting for a new flat in some less mature estates. It was a choice made. For those whose income exceeded, just unfortunate that they found their partners a little late (or 'unfortunate' that they earning a v decent income at young age? :P)

Some may advocate that is is unfair, but then again, those who benefitted did make a choice mah :2cents:

maisonjai
27-03-12, 20:50
If so then courting couples better hold off their weddings & both apply for BTO as single, 1 each. So resale flat price will be in dipping sauce?
wakahoohoo

price
28-03-12, 23:42
If so then courting couples better hold off their weddings & both apply for BTO as single, 1 each. So resale flat price will be in dipping sauce?
wakahoohoo
Wow thats a great idea. Summore total income below 5k got all the additional grants!

flagship74
29-03-12, 22:45
Free ID for the early bird special promotion..:D

Allthepies
29-03-12, 23:58

Yup I'm equally confused by their rules. I wrote many letters to them, no reply. Maybe if more people write in, they will start to wake up :D :D so please write to MND

Allthepies
30-03-12, 00:01
Simple logic ... those who bought their first HDB & benefitted fr it had made a wise CHOICE. For instance, know of some young couples chose to buy direct resale at high prices instead of waiting for a new flat in some less mature estates. It was a choice made. For those whose income exceeded, just unfortunate that they found their partners a little late (or 'unfortunate' that they earning a v decent income at young age? :P)

Some may advocate that is is unfair, but then again, those who benefitted did make a choice mah :2cents:

The simple logic is tat mnd make a blatant mistake and they thinking how to save their face :D :D :D

Naruto
30-03-12, 17:29

your "sauce" no update?

irisng
30-03-12, 18:08
Yesterday, my colleague told me that singles are not allowed to buy HDB leh.

Today my friend went to HDB to check with them about the purchase of the HDB flat. She wants to sell away her pc and buy HDB flat but the HDB officer told her that for her case, she can only buy from resale market and not direct from HDB because she bought a pc before (although she still has a 2nd time to buy direct from HDB). Is that true? very confusing leh, I have lost track with HDB rules and regulations already.

Another of my colleague told me that her friend sold away her 1st HDB flat many yrs back and went to stay with her parents. Now she wants to buy a flat (as a 2nd timer) direct from HDB but was told that she has to pay back the levy of about $100k+ (including past yrs interest). :doh:

ysyap
30-03-12, 22:02
Yesterday, my colleague told me that singles are not allowed to buy HDB leh.

Today my friend went to HDB to check with them about the purchase of the HDB flat. She wants to sell away her pc and buy HDB flat but the HDB officer told her that for her case, she can only buy from resale market and not direct from HDB because she bought a pc before (although she still has a 2nd time to buy direct from HDB). Is that true? very confusing leh, I have lost track with HDB rules and regulations already.

Another of my colleague told me that her friend sold away her 1st HDB flat many yrs back and went to stay with her parents. Now she wants to buy a flat (as a 2nd timer) direct from HDB but was told that she has to pay back the levy of about $100k+ (including past yrs interest). :doh:Oh now I understand... hdb don't just earn from the hdb mortgage loan interest, they also earn from all these hidden rules which suddenly appear when people seek further subsidy from them. They take from you first before they have the cash to loan you mah! :p

Arcachon
31-03-12, 02:41
Oh now I understand... hdb don't just earn from the hdb mortgage loan interest, they also earn from all these hidden rules which suddenly appear when people seek further subsidy from them. They take from you first before they have the cash to loan you mah! :p

There are time to buy and time to sell. When HDB come up with lots of things to stop you from selling you better don't sell.

Looking back, I was a bit lucky when I sell my 4 room (105 sqm) @ 285k in 1995 and buy a 5 room HDB (126 sqm) @225,600+22,560 in 1994.

After I book the 5 room, news from HDB 25% of selling price of the resale unit for 5 room if buy second direct from HDB, that is the case of (she has to pay back the levy of about $100k+ (including past yrs interest)). I pay the premium of 10% of the selling price of my 5 room.

The rule are there, buying and selling need to play by the rule. Those who choose to ignore will pay back sooner or later.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/SellFlatResalelevy?OpenDocument

5-room & Executive 25%

irisng
31-03-12, 09:53
There are time to buy and time to sell. When HDB come up with lots of things to stop you from selling you better don't sell.

Looking back, I was a bit lucky when I sell my 4 room (105 sqm) @ 285k in 1995 and buy a 5 room HDB (126 sqm) @225,600+22,560 in 1994.

After I book the 5 room, news from HDB 25% of selling price of the resale unit for 5 room if buy second direct from HDB, that is the case of (she has to pay back the levy of about $100k+ (including past yrs interest)). I pay the premium of 10% of the selling price of my 5 room.

The rule are there, buying and selling need to play by the rule. Those who choose to ignore will pay back sooner or later.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/SellFlatResalelevy?OpenDocument

5-room & Executive 25%

You are lucky but I'm not that lucky lor. I applied for my 2nd flat before HDB implemented this policy. About 5 yrs later, HDB implemented this policy and I was caught in between. At that time, there were 2 choices, either I pay the 25% levy based on my selling price or my purchase price. I chose to pay based on my selling price because my SP was lower than my purchase price. I had paid the levy of about $100k+ for the sale of my 5 room flat. :scared-3:

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:04
If indeed happen, this must be one of the most inconsistent govt agencies in the whole world...

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:06
your "sauce" no update?
Just like mcd no more the curry sauce...

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:09
Please get the govt to change the above rules so i can still qualify for HDB when i get married :D
Seriously? After staying in PC for at least few years, you can tahan back the hdb lifestyle? I dont think I can...

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:14
Government is allowing Singles to buy HDB wat. They give u chance up to 35 years of age to decide. Not good enough?

If before 35 u decide to stay single buy MM lor? 398k can liao. dun need subsidised flats. u get facilities summore. :cheers5:
With technology and more open media kids are maturing way earlier today. They should bring forward to 30yo.

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:18
anything is possible for the purpose of garnering more votes in future liao......but this move very likely to backfire and singles consists of small numbers.....and govt shd not encourage singlehood

cm5 totally caught me by surprise.....i wud nvr expect such measures coming out from MIW.....:(
Did anyone actually manage to interview LKY about the cm5 to see what is his actual thought on it? I suspect he may not be agreeable to many of the govt recent policy antics... We are soon entering the post-Lee era of chaos and erratic policy making.

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:20

Ya. Its obvious when your mum suddenly ask you how to apply on internet for it...

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:22
Good effect on lowering COE pricing as way lesser guys will need to buy car for hanky panky at Changi airport ring roads or mount faber or pasir ris farmway...

carbuncle
05-04-12, 20:26
With recent raising of income ceiling for 2rm hdb in mature estates to 5k, many singles are gonna be going for this segment rather than bto.

irisng
06-04-12, 10:59
If indeed happen, this must be one of the most inconsistent govt agencies in the whole world...

Sometimes, for certain things, you need to do trial and error, then you will know which is best suited. Of course, not all the things can afford this method lor, certain things once wrong means wrong, there is no way to turn back but there are also certain things that if you do wrongly, there is still a way to turn back.

price
06-04-12, 11:24
With recent raising of income ceiling for 2rm hdb in mature estates to 5k, many singles are gonna be going for this segment rather than bto.

When u are 35 years old, how do u purchase a 2 rm hdb? income should go way beyond 5k by then.

irisng
06-04-12, 11:41
When u are 35 years old, how do u purchase a 2 rm hdb? income should go way beyond 5k by then.

Actually not necessary, I have a few friends, age 40 and above still drawing about $1,700 to $3,000. Unless combine income, then have $5K but we are talking in term of singles.

carbuncle
06-04-12, 12:06

Wei bro... you are top x% young earner in SG la... most people or lower end income may not even hit 3k by 35yo....

You not the target segment for BTO.... don't come and fight with us hahaha... :P

price
06-04-12, 12:40
Wei bro... you are top x% young earner in SG la... most people or lower end income may not even hit 3k by 35yo....

You not the target segment for BTO.... don't come and fight with us hahaha... :P

haha no lar, just wondering, most singles should hit near or around that income. Definitely there'll be a certain % that wouldnt. anyway :cheers5: