PDA

View Full Version : COE $82k. Still cheap?

Pages : 1 [2]

price
12-05-12, 13:01
I remember it dropped to $50 dollars which i am lucky enough to bid for it..;)
Bro, Lowest COE of all time was in 2008, $2.
http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20081119-101842.html

that was when i bought mine :D :cheers5:

richwang
12-05-12, 18:21
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html

Any one has the historical data for the successful rate for COE bidding.

Here are some ratios:

A: 1.4
B: 1.5
Open: 1.5

You can see in the order book, not that many people competing.
So if the Government can increase the quota by 50%, the impact to price will be very big.

The 10 year average should be 60,000 COE per year, we are now 30,000 per year. 50% increase is still below average.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
12-05-12, 20:59

May I know what is "unused quota"?

Take Cat A for example, there are 48 unused quota to carry forward, but there are still 229 unsuccessful bid. How doesn't that work? Don't tell me LTA has a "reserved price" which they will not release COE?

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
12-05-12, 21:33
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/lta/Corporate/doc/COEQuotaAllocationRV.pdf

The monthly quota for Cat B has declined from 1099 (Apr 2010) to 699 (Feb 2012), no wonder the price has increased so much.

But somehow our minister says he didn't have the data?

Thanks,
Richard

land118
12-05-12, 21:42
Transport Minister just need to focus of 3 things:

1. Every 2 weeks monitor COE bidding
2. Every week take MRT ( can be a short trip to stay in touch with situation )
3. Every week take Public bus ( can be a short trip to start in touch with situation )

The rest his ministry and other stat board can work and ask him to review periodically.

The above 3 things if he don't solve, next GE many may just cast their frustration in the ballot. Almost all Singapore citizens have to either drive, take MRT or bus...:2cents:

ysyap
12-05-12, 21:49
I remember it dropped to $50 dollars which i am lucky enough to bid for it..;)Good job... 90s me still no license! :ashamed1:

ysyap
12-05-12, 21:52
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/lta/Corporate/doc/COEQuotaAllocationRV.pdf

The monthly quota for Cat B has declined from 1099 (Apr 2010) to 699 (Feb 2012), no wonder the price has increased so much.

But somehow our minister says he didn't have the data?

Thanks,
RichardOur dear transport minister was the same minister who was chased out of the private condo by an owner coz he was entering w/o permission. He very cute leh... proposed to LTA to delay the implementing of the vehicle ratio but not trying to solve the problem or to acknowledge that the COE system that worked back then is not being managed properly today therefore need to review... :(

ysyap
12-05-12, 21:57
Transport Minister just need to focus of 3 things:

1. Every 2 weeks monitor COE bidding
2. Every week take MRT ( can be a short trip to stay in touch with situation )
3. Every week take Public bus ( can be a short trip to start in touch with situation )

The rest his ministry and other stat board can work and ask him to review periodically.

The above 3 things if he don't solve, next GE many may just cast their frustration in the ballot. Almost all Singapore citizens have to either drive, take MRT or bus...:2cents:Totally agreed... Singapore is not so small that you can walk from Pasir Ris to work in Jurong. Modes of transportation are personal vehicle, taxi, MRT and buses.

Personal vehicle getting out of reach coz of COE prices going north.

Taxi prices also shooting up. One company rise, all other companies also rise.

MRT breaking down every other month and even more are revealed in the on-going trial. (Btw, shouldn't public transport system be controlled by govt and not be profit driven private companies? Such a model of running a business only makes sense if there are other companies in the business competing).

Bus drivers getting into problem and rubbing shoulders with the law time and again... and drivers getting lost on the road and refusing to listen to the helpful passengers???

I unerstand that there is no perfect transport system in the world but to have ALL modes of transportation in the country encountering problems in the last 5 months alone is simply inconceivable... :doh:

richwang
12-05-12, 22:08
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/lta/Corporate/doc/MVP01-3%20%28MVP%20by%20age%29.pdf

If you look at the age distribution of cars:
9 years: 11,710
8 years: 34,178
7 years: 87,554
6 years: 115,335
5 years: 105,783

The price will only start to drop 3-5 years later.

Thanks,
Richard

fclim
24-05-12, 10:21
COE prices down across all categories... So, the rush was in anticipation of August cutback in supply.

But, property prices never down leh... KBW keep saying more supply, more supply, but no effect.

hopeful
24-05-12, 11:22
are RV or mobile homes banned in Singapore?

Regulators
24-05-12, 11:24
I agree that public transport should be run by govt and why not since our govt has the means to support the transport network. I believe they simply want to privatise everything so they can sit back and remote control things, putting the blame on these private entities when things go wrong and excusing themselves for mistakes. Things go wrong in smrt so many times and the ugly woman axed herself, but how come transport minister nothing wrong? Paid millions just to carry out post damage investigation and disaster recovery, this kind of million dollar job anybody also can do.

rattydrama
24-05-12, 14:58
Cat A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) & TAXI $58,001
Cat B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) $85,216
Open Cat $86,889

ysyap
24-05-12, 18:00
Cat A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) & TAXI $58,001
Cat B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) $85,216
Open Cat $86,889Will COE price continue to head south??? Hmmm... market behavior is so unpredictable!!!

richwang
24-05-12, 21:34

Received / Successful = Ratio

A: 945/617 = 1.53
B: 482/349 = 1.38
E: 544/312 = 1.74

So there is a chance that Cat B price will come down but Open Cat E will go up (if the demand and supply trend remains.)

Thanks,
Richard

focus
24-05-12, 22:53
are RV or mobile homes banned in Singapore?

dREAM car! :)

I always have the fantasy of converting a double-deck bus into a home on wheels.
1st floor is living and dining, 2nd floor is my 2 bedrooms.

Then I will buy season parking at EastCoast Park and park at the carpark near Bedok Jetty. Got toilet and shower there.. walking distance.. hehe..

Check this out...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.155164884566081.38866.140442902704946&type=3

But of course.. another one is living on Yatch and berth at Keppel..

I think I must be a nomad in my previous life..

rattydrama
25-05-12, 00:28

So there is a chance that Cat B price will come down but Open Cat E will go up (if the demand and supply trend remains.)

Thanks,
Richard

The bidding price between cat B & C is somewhat close and usually C is higher. I suspect the bidders are all, if not mostly motor traders and there is a strange kind of competition just between few key players. I am not sure how many prospective owners will be keen to bid for 80K COE themselves.

One factor to look at is popularity of new launches. 3 series was around 120k and now 180K? So if some popular model coming along, dealers will not hesitiate to bid more and drum up full page colourful adv.

Its a No brainer to always bid higher and higher for COE since these traders have a cut in car loan...just need to convince the buyer and pass on the cost to them.

Higher the loan amount, better profit margin and book numbers are good. If not, why BMW and VW taking over the dealerships from performance motor and Eurocars..now selling Mazda & earlier China QQ equivalent?

SG is a small market but margin is huge.

In fact VW and Eurocars were entangled in legal disputes which was later settled out of court.

This is wat I observed..

rattydrama
25-05-12, 00:38
Christopher Tan
The Straits Times
Publication Date : 24-05-2012

The horrific Ferrari-taxi crash that happened two weeks ago has ignited public resentment and outrage, for obvious reasons. The party deemed at fault was driving an expensive, fast car and the victims included a cabby and his fare.

But linking the incident and its tragic consequences to a rising popularity of high-powered cars would be akin to holding gravity responsible in the cases of maids falling from high-rise buildings.

Let's be clear: The issue at hand is not one of the machine per se, but the person behind the wheel. A car need not be a 670-horsepower limited edition Italian racer to create mayhem on the road. Even the most modestly endowed vehicle can kill, given the wrong circumstances.

In the case of the Ferrari 599 GTO that slammed into the Hyundai Sonata taxi two Saturdays ago, the Ferrari was reported to be speeding and had breached a red light.

Based on video evidence captured by a camera mounted on another cab that was in the vicinity, vehicles that had the right of way then had already started crossing the major junction.

Which means that the lights in the direction of the Ferrari had turned red for at least four seconds (two seconds when lights in both directions are red, plus two seconds it usually takes for drivers in front of a queue at a junction to move off).

It was not a case of someone attempting to beat the lights in the amber phase, or even when it had just gone from amber to red.

Holding on to the four seconds theory, it can be inferred that the sports car would have been at least 220m away from the junction when the lights turned red - if it had been going at 200kmh, a speed estimated by observers.

Even if it had been going that fast, the Ferrari would have had enough distance to stop if the driver had applied the brakes when the lights turned red.

But for some reason, he did not. In fact, the video - grainy and laggy as it was - showed that the Ferrari's brake lights were not lit at the point of impact.

So, the question on some minds would be: Had he been driving a less powerful car, would the accident have happened, or would it have been so severe?

It is a big 'if'. But let us assume nothing else changes besides the car. Let us assume the car was a far more modest model, like a Volkswagen Passat.

The Passat 1.8 peaks at 220kmh. Given the relatively light traffic in the wee hours of the morning, it might have been possible for a Passat to attain 150kmh between junctions.

Now, 150kmh would still have been devastating for the cab and its occupants. Even a Toyota Corolla would have been able to exceed 100kmh quite easily under the same circumstances, driven by the same driver.

Again, 100kmh would also have caused very severe damage, bearing in mind that most cars are not engineered to withstand high-speed impacts.

In the European New Car Assessment Programme - the gold standard for safety - head-on crash tests are done at 64kmh and side-impact tests are conducted at 50kmh.

In the case of the Ferrari crash, the one fact we should not lose sight of is that the driver had ample opportunity to obey the traffic lights but for some reason did not. According to Traffic Police, the top traffic infringement here is beating the red light. And the offence is not peculiar to any make or model.

Some people argue that sports cars are capable of far higher speeds than 'normal' cars, and are also more difficult to drive. Thus, there should be a tiered licensing scheme for cars - similar to the three-tier scheme for motorbikes. It is fairly easy to make such suggestions, but much harder to measure the effectiveness of such a system, and the practicality of administering it.

Fact is, the rationale for a tiered system for bikes is stronger because bigger machines are heavier and more unwieldy. The degree of difficulty between riding a 125cc motorcycle and a 750cc one is far larger than between driving cars of different engine sizes.

Most sports cars today are fairly user-friendly. In fact, sports cars generally have better brakes, lighter bodies, sharper steering, and a more responsive chassis - all the things that allow them to avoid an accident better than the everyday family sedan.

As long as the driver acknowledges the limits of his own driving skills, and does not exceed them, a supercar is no less safe than a Volvo.

As for speed, here is another fact to consider: You do not need a very powerful car to exceed speed limits. On most city roads, the limit is 60kmh, and on highways, 90kmh.

Even at 30kmh, a collision with a pedestrian or cyclist, for instance, would be potentially fatal.

And even if you adhere to speed limits but have poor driving practices such as drink-driving, text-driving, changing lanes without signalling or looking, and ignoring stop signs, the likelihood of your maiming or killing someone is that much higher. That is just common sense.

So it boils down to responsible behaviour. Responsible behaviour rests largely with the individual. It includes not doing all the things listed above, as well as doing the following:

Not buying your loved one a high-powered car the day he secures a driving licence. Not because the car is unsafe, but because the driver simply does not have enough real-life experience on the road. Insurers levy much higher premiums on young drivers for a good reason.

Signing up for advanced or defensive driving courses, which allow you to acquaint yourself with the car you are driving, as well as manoeuvres that will help you deal with emergency situations better than the untrained driver.

Reporting unsafe driving habits. You may be accused of being nosey, but you could actually help prevent accidents.

For people who simply do not give two hoots about their own safety or the safety of others, what we need is stronger enforcement. A review of the penalty framework may be necessary, as Singapore's population continues to grow, and as more people share our limited road space.

And to boost enforcement, perhaps it is timely to review the salaries of traffic cops, explore new technologies to nab reckless drivers, or deputise ordinary motorists so that they can help in keeping our roads safe. Perhaps all of the above. The long-aborted plan to merge the Traffic Police with the Land Transport Authority to bolster enforcement capabilities can also be relooked.

As for the issue of newcomers who are unfamiliar with our roads, I ask this question: How familiar do you have to be to recognise a red light?

So, the way to tackle the problem of cars killing people would be a tougher enforcement regime and a process to instil responsible behaviour, a process that starts from the crib.

Anything else would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/home/news.php?sec=9&id=31058

richwang
30-05-12, 22:29
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1204468/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Last October, LTA had announced plans to reduce the vehicle growth rate to 0.5 per cent by this August.

But given a slowdown in the vehicle de-registrations rates in recent months, it is now looking at a more gradual cut.

The vehicle growth rate will be reduced to 1 per cent this August - and cut to 0.5 per cent from February next year.

LTA said this will mean an additional 390 COEs per month for the next six-month period from August.

LTA had also planned to claw-back about 4,800 COEs due to over-projections of vehicle deregistration numbers in the quota years 2008 and 2009.

This was supposed to be done from August this year to January 2014. The adjustments will now be deferred by a year and this will mean about 266 more COEs per month.

In all, the two measures are expected to add 656 COEs per month.

Industry players welcomed the move as this would mean more COEs in each category.

But they believed the higher supply may still be affected by lower deregistration numbers.

Cheah Kim Teck, president, Motor Traders Association, said: "The net increase, taking into account the reduced deregistration, is not going to be a lot, maybe slightly over 300 COEs a month. I would say that if the intention is to create the effect that the COE premium will come down dramatically, I don't think we should bet on that."

Others said COE prices will still remain high, especially when the vehicle growth rate of 0.5 per cent kicks in February.

Raymond Tang, honorary secretary, Singapore Vehicle Traders Association, said: "When the time comes, nearer to February, more people will rush in to buy cars and you will see the COE rising up again, so it does not help much."

Still, potential buyers can expect to see a bigger pool of COEs in categories A to D, with a smaller quota allocated for the Category E or the Open category.

Currently, 25 per cent of COEs from deregistered vehicles in each category make up the supply for the Open Category - which is usually used for luxury cars.

LTA will reduce this rate to 20 per cent from this August, and to 15 per cent from February next year.

- CNA/cc

richwang
30-05-12, 22:30
maybe government target price is S$50K - S$70K?
about 10% more supply.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
21-06-12, 20:41

Thanks,
Richard

A: 920/577 = 1.59
B: 477/346 = 1.38
E: 427/315 = 1.35

The supply of A and B has been indeed slightly reduced. E is slightly increased.

The ratio is only useful to explain what has happened, but no forecasting power so far.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
21-06-12, 20:47

Does anyone know why the quota and successful number is different?
Does LTA have a "reserved" price?

Quota Successful
A: 633 - 577 = 56
B: 349 - 346 = 3
E: 317 - 315 = 2

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
21-06-12, 20:55
The difference between quota and successful is exactly the same as Unused.

Unused: Unused Quota carried forward

But there are still hundred of bids in the queue, why there is such thing called Unused.
And it varies from 1% - 10%. Who decides this? based on what?
The COE market is indeed very thin, artificial 10% less quota can push the price up a lot.

Thanks,
Richard

ysyap
18-07-12, 19:38
Here we go again... :cool:

sh
18-07-12, 20:01
:tongue3: :scared-3: :banghead: :( :hell-hath-no-fury:

Regulators
18-07-12, 20:52
LTY is really no better compared to the ex transport chief :doh:

Laguna
18-07-12, 21:06
LTY is really no better compared to the ex transport chief :doh:

aiyo, I remembered not too long ago, he said the quota number will be more....
The only thing good is, he appeared in the newspaper whenever there is a breakdown....

zzz1
18-07-12, 21:17
aiyo, I remembered not too long ago, he said the quota number will be more....
The only thing good is, he appeared in the newspaper whenever there is a breakdown....
he is quite 'lucky'..
just take over and this thing breakdown and other things collapse

Laguna
18-07-12, 21:20
he is quite 'lucky'..
just take over and this thing breakdown and other things collapse

CPI is going up and up again

zzz1
18-07-12, 21:27
CPI is going up and up again
the last proposal to reduce the in months cut by prolonging/extending the period may in fact will drive price higher and longer...

is like killing the chicken slowly slowly.....the quicker it get over, the better it is.

i think they are one of the richest ministry..

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 21:29
Small car category reaching $68k!:scared-3:

Laguna
18-07-12, 21:34
the last proposal to reduce the in months cut by prolonging/extending the period may in fact will drive price higher and longer...

is like killing the chicken slowly slowly.....the quicker it get over, the better it is.

i think they are one of the richest ministry..

In fact, LTA is the richest, u just think of the ERP collection

buttercarp
18-07-12, 21:43
I wish the day would come when we can teleport........

phantom_opera
18-07-12, 22:09
big car will reach 140k, small car will reach 100k soon, probably signal the PEAK

radha08
18-07-12, 23:41
cov down coe up...:doh:

Regulators
18-07-12, 23:57
think majority will just drive their cars until scrap if the trend persists

big car will reach 140k, small car will reach 100k soon, probably signal the PEAK

kane
19-07-12, 00:12

Most likely.

phantom_opera
19-07-12, 07:19
no hope that inflation will subside soon with increasing COE each month ... the commercial vehicle COE also up ... taxi co will think of a way to charge u more soon

ay123
19-07-12, 09:38
why no cooling measure for COE? is really tedious for ppl who has real need for car but cant afford at current level.

phantom_opera
19-07-12, 09:53
PAP so confident about next election?? Allowing >5% inflation over so many years is NO JOKE especially after defeat at Aljunied and Hougang

ysyap
19-07-12, 10:05
PAP so confident about next election?? Allowing >5% inflation over so many years is NO JOKE especially after defeat at Aljunied and HougangThey have 4 years to right the wrong. Just bring the number down the year before GE then argue that everybody need time to bring down the inflation, blar blar blar. At least got some result to show and people will vote them again. If GE is next year, then we'll really see major overhaul to everything...:cool:

phantom_opera
19-07-12, 10:12
They have 4 years to right the wrong. Just bring the number down the year before GE then argue that everybody need time to bring down the inflation, blar blar blar. At least got some result to show and people will vote them again. If GE is next year, then we'll really see major overhaul to everything...:cool:

voters so naive?? by the time inflation will have cause damage beyond repair

politics really :beats-me-man:

zzz1
19-07-12, 13:58
In fact, LTA is the richest, u just think of the ERP collection
Yea... In graphic , is like fruit machine, every car zoom by, the coins like just slotted in... And best part , there nn pay out and only one way

zzz1
19-07-12, 14:00
I wish the day would come when we can teleport........
Ha ha ... Careful .. Don upper body port to bedok, the other port to lim chu kang...

zzz1
19-07-12, 14:03
Hard to find ppl drive a car till scrap.. Look like it will now.....

ysyap
19-07-12, 14:08
Hard to find ppl drive a car till scrap.. Look like it will now.....Car salesman eat grass... :scared-3:

zzz1
19-07-12, 14:12
Car salesman eat grass... :scared-3:
And car Machanic business bloom.. That was what my machinc told me...

buttercarp
19-07-12, 14:16
Yea... In graphic , is like fruit machine, every car zoom by, the coins like just slotted in... And best part , there nn pay out and only one way

Most mornings, I manage to siam the ERP.
Was just thinking.... why not we all wake up a bit earlier and then no need to pay ERP.
Sekali they make ERP earlier :scared-3: .
Then we wake up even earlier and earlier......

buttercarp
19-07-12, 14:19

Now can minimize depreciation in 2 ways :

Buy brand new car and change car after 1 year.

Buy old car with 1 year left and drive till scrap.

minority
19-07-12, 16:45
Take bus lor....

howgozit
19-07-12, 16:59
IMHO taxis should have a seperate quota since they are part of the public transport infrastructure.

no hope that inflation will subside soon with increasing COE each month ... the commercial vehicle COE also up ... taxi co will think of a way to charge u more soon

Vincegoh
19-07-12, 17:00

old cars with poor maintenance (cos all the $$ kenna siphoned by ERP) will lead to more breakdowns on congested roads.. lidat wad's going to happen? we wanna mimic china, bangkok and jakarta?? :scared-5:

Vincegoh
19-07-12, 17:01
Take bus lor....

should follow europe and create designated cycle lanes.. everyone cycle (motorized for longer distance) to work. :p

howgozit
19-07-12, 17:26
Haha... if the government built bicycle lanes, they may implement COE for bicycles...:D

should follow europe and create designated cycle lanes.. everyone cycle (motorized for longer distance) to work. :p

phantom_opera
19-07-12, 17:32
Haha... if the government built bicycle lanes, they may implement COE for bicycles...:D

separate bicycle lane on the sides of highway?? .. then motorbike COE will be 20X

howgozit
19-07-12, 17:57
separate bicycle lane on the sides of highway?? .. then motorbike COE will be 20X

COE for skateboards and rollerblades will be next...

zzz1
19-07-12, 18:19
Most mornings, I manage to siam the ERP.
Was just thinking.... why not we all wake up a bit earlier and then no need to pay ERP.
Sekali they make ERP earlier :scared-3: .
Then we wake up even earlier and earlier......
Skali one day all the grantry is right at the exist of the Hse carpark ...

zzz1
19-07-12, 18:26
old cars with poor maintenance (cos all the $$ kenna siphoned by ERP) will lead to more breakdowns on congested roads.. lidat wad's going to happen? we wanna mimic china, bangkok and jakarta?? :scared-5:
Yea... Did u notice jkt, Bangkok etc their sky is always very brownish ? The condo I used to stay while oversea posting, the belcony floor is very dirty even wash every day...

richwang
22-07-12, 10:28

A: 920/577 = 1.59
B: 477/346 = 1.38
E: 427/315 = 1.35

The supply of A and B has been indeed slightly reduced. E is slightly increased.

The ratio is only useful to explain what has happened, but no forecasting power so far.

Thanks,
Richard

Received / Successful = Ratio, Price
A: 911/669 = 1.36, S$68,656
B: 549/352 = 1.55, S$90,501
E: 429/306 = 1.40, S$92,700

The ratio actually shows the price for Cat A may not be sustainable.
Maybe people have already factored in the quota cut for this category.
Let's see ...

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
09-08-12, 12:21
A: 911/669 = 1.36, S$68,656
B: 549/352 = 1.55, S$90,501
E: 429/306 = 1.40, S$92,700

The ratio actually shows the price for Cat A may not be sustainable.
Maybe people have already factored in the quota cut for this category.
Let's see ...

Thanks,
Richard

A: 724/415 = 1.74, S$73,501
B: 489/345 = 1.41, S$94,502
E: 354/258 = 1.37, S$95,034

Cat A quota has cut from 669 to 415.
Assuming taxi was 25% of 669, the normal Cat A quota was 75% of 669,
669 * 75% = 501
From 501 to 415 is still a cut. No wonder price goes up.

Thanks,
Richard

Laguna
09-08-12, 15:06
car 1 of the family : 1 time of COE
car 2 of the same address : 2 times of the COE
car 3 of the same address : 3 times of the COE

sure, the price of COE will drop

Since there is first and second cherry for HDB flat, so why not COE?

price
09-08-12, 15:09

why tagged to address not IC?

So many of us here have more than 1 property.

howgozit
09-08-12, 16:39
You can have many properties but only one address on your IC. COE based on address is more fair..

why tagged to address not IC?

So many of us here have more than 1 property.

Laguna
09-08-12, 16:43
You can have many properties but only one address on your IC. COE based on address is more fair..
Not only that, many IC to one address like ah Tan

buttercarp
09-08-12, 16:47
Allow only SC to own car.
PR n foreigners can drive but they can only rent.
Cap cat A to max of $50k.
Set a minimum value for cat B at $50k.

azeoprop
09-08-12, 16:47
All cars passing the ERP gantries must be at maximum seating capacity. Those not filled up will be fined $1000 per empty seat per trip.

:rolleyes:

buttercarp
09-08-12, 16:51
All cars passing the ERP gantries must be at maximum seating capacity. Those not filled up will be fined $1000 per empty seat per trip.

:rolleyes:
Then u will have to pay for someone to fill your seat!:scared-3:

ysyap
09-08-12, 17:04
Allow only SC to own car.
PR n foreigners can drive but they can only rent.
Cap cat A to max of $50k.
Set a minimum value for cat B at $50k.U very merciless leh... PRs can be staying here for a long time. Rent till they drop dead paying? Then they pack up and go home and our lovely govt will ask you to fill their job vacancies! Not practical lah! :cool:

New categories of COE for 2nd car and luxury cars!!! :cheers1:

howgozit
09-08-12, 17:07
There is only one problem with this plan, it will create havoc in the resale market. The result is that the COE is likely to have minimal effect.

Laguna
09-08-12, 17:15
There is only one problem with this plan, it will create havoc in the resale market. The result is that the COE is likely to have minimal effect.
穷则变,变则通
additional COE be imposed upon transfer, pro-rate to the years
simple right
more income for govt

howgozit
09-08-12, 17:42
Not simple leh...

So do you mean the person buying a 2nd-hand car pay the pro-rated prevailing COE or the pro-rated original COE.

What about a person who already has 1 or 2 cars... does he pay 2times or 3 times more for a 2nd hand car..

What if the first car is a first hand car... does it make any difference?

This will also adversely impact small businesses like provision shops, aircon servicing...etc that need more than 1 vehicle... this will drive up their costs exponentially..

穷则变,变则通
additional COE be imposed upon transfer, pro-rate to the years
simple right
more income for govt

buttercarp
10-08-12, 12:31
U very merciless leh... PRs can be staying here for a long time. Rent till they drop dead paying? Then they pack up and go home and our lovely govt will ask you to fill their job vacancies! Not practical lah! :cool:

New categories of COE for 2nd car and luxury cars!!! :cheers1:

This is to encourage the PRs to take up citizenship.
The blue collared PR can ride motorbike.

ysyap
10-08-12, 13:17
This is to encourage the PRs to take up citizenship.
The blue collared PR can ride motorbike.True true but you obviously don't know the secrets of our govt sector.. my PR friends' application to be citizens for whole family of 4 kana rejected... he's already staying in S'pore for more than 10 yrs but still kana rejected. Like that not fair to PRs like him lor... he's already planned to settle down here. Parents also came to stay w him and his family. Govt rather have high flying PRs earning big bucks but may not guarantee to be loyal (flight potential is high) to be citizens than poorer RSs but have proven every intention to stay to be citizens. Totally wrong priority lah. You put in less for higher returns but potentially may end up with nothing if these high flyers fly away!!! Gambling mentality... :doh:

howgozit
10-08-12, 21:06
May I know what is your friend and his wife's nationality and educational level? And were their applications recent (ie. last 2years) and was it their first application?.... just curious... thanks!

True true but you obviously don't know the secrets of our govt sector.. my PR friends' application to be citizens for whole family of 4 kana rejected... he's already staying in S'pore for more than 10 yrs but still kana rejected. Like that not fair to PRs like him lor... he's already planned to settle down here. Parents also came to stay w him and his family. Govt rather have high flying PRs earning big bucks but may not guarantee to be loyal (flight potential is high) to be citizens than poorer RSs but have proven every intention to stay to be citizens. Totally wrong priority lah. You put in less for higher returns but potentially may end up with nothing if these high flyers fly away!!! Gambling mentality... :doh:

richwang
23-08-12, 21:28
A: 724/415 = 1.74, S$73,501
B: 489/345 = 1.41, S$94,502
E: 354/258 = 1.37, S$95,034

Cat A quota has cut from 669 to 415.
Assuming taxi was 25% of 669, the normal Cat A quota was 75% of 669,
669 * 75% = 501
From 501 to 415 is still a cut. No wonder price goes up.

Thanks,
Richard
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html

Received / Successful = Ratio, Price/PQP (3 months avg) = Price trend

A: 530/391 = 1.36, S$66,889/S$64,413 = 1.04
B: 532/351 = 1.52, S$88,002/S$87,283 = 1.01
E: 301/238 = 1.26, S$93,990/N.A

I am starting to track the Price / 3 month moving average to see a short term trend.
>1 means up trend,
<1 means down trend.
We are now more or less "flat".

Motor cycle COE price was S$1 until 2 minutes before the close.

Thanks,
Richard

phantom_opera
05-09-12, 15:53
Last 10mins .... hold your breath :p

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 05/09/2012 15:51:39.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 66,000 399 502
B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 66,000 355 404
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 57,034 183 258
D MOTORCYCLE 1 450 350
E OPEN 79,334 245 288

Regulators
05-09-12, 15:56
Think lui tuck yew should go out next election. So many transport problems since he came on. Please dont say pass down from raymond lim, if that is the case, then he did a bad job in remedying the situation

Regulators
05-09-12, 16:02
Think lui tuck yew should go out next election. So many transport problems since he came on. Please dont say pass down from raymond lim, if that is the case, then he did a bad job in remedying the situation :doh:

phantom_opera
05-09-12, 16:05
BIDDING STATUS AS AT 05/09/2012 16:03 HRS

A CAR (1600CC & BELOW) 68,000 399 518
B CAR (ABOVE 1600CC) 80,191 355 466
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 57,334 183 269
E OPEN 87,999 245 349

flat result for Cat A / C

richwang
05-09-12, 22:07
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html

Received / Successful = Ratio, Price/PQP (3 months avg) = Price trend

A: 530/391 = 1.36, S$66,889/S$64,413 = 1.04
B: 532/351 = 1.52, S$88,002/S$87,283 = 1.01
E: 301/238 = 1.26, S$93,990/N.A

Thanks,
Richard

I am now changing an angel and look at the numbers from COE seller's point of view:

Price x Successful = Total

A: S$68,000 x 391 = S$26,588,000
B: S$80,191 x 355 = S$28,467,805
C: S$57,334 x 177 = S$10,148,118
D: S$1,801 x 450 = S$810,450
E: S$87,999 x 245 = S$21,559,755
==========================
Grand Total S$87,574,128

Annualized expected COE "Income":
S$87,574,128 x 24 = S$2,101,779,072

On target with the S$2B National Budget.

Good job, Transport Minister!

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
19-09-12, 20:11
I am now changing an angel and look at the numbers from COE seller's point of view:

A: S$68,000 x 391 = S$26,588,000
B: S$80,191 x 355 = S$28,467,805
C: S$57,334 x 177 = S$10,148,118
D: S$1,801 x 450 = S$810,450
E: S$87,999 x 245 = S$21,559,755
Grand Total S$87,574,128

S$87,574,128 x 24 = S$2,101,779,072

On target with the S$2B National Budget.

Good job, Transport Minister!

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$63,000 x 402 = S$25,326,000
B: S$88,500 x 349 = S$30,886,500
C: S$57,809 x 181 = S$10,463,429
D: S$1,852 x 434 = S$803,768
E: S$89,990 x 245 = S$22,047,550
Grand Total S$89,527,247

S$89,527,247 x 24 = S$2,148,653,928

Very stable S$2B revenue.

Great job!

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
03-10-12, 21:24

Grand Total S$89,527,247

Great job!

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$69,000 x 399 = S$27,531,000
B: S$80,001 x 350 = S$28,000,350
C: S$56,001 x 185 = S$10,360,185
D: S$1,912 x 413 = S$789,656
E: S$86,889 x 242 = S$21,027,138
Grand Total S$87,708,329

S$87,708,329 x 24 = S$2,104,999,896

Once again on target with S$2B budget revenue.

If I were the Minister, maybe I will come up with even "smarter" ways to make more money:

How about 8-year COE?
... or Green COE (if you are not green, you pay even more).

What do you think?

Thanks,
Richard

kane
03-10-12, 23:45
Cat A cheong man. Cat B looks like it is meandering.

radha08
04-10-12, 00:11

Grand Total S$89,527,247

Great job!

Thanks,
Richard

world class transport system....:rolleyes:

minority
04-10-12, 02:51
dont drive lor... take taxi cheaper..

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 18:01
COE for all categories. Small car is 71k and large car is 85k:doh:

chestnut
17-10-12, 18:22

Why you :doh:.

Long long time ago, I bot my Volvo 850 T5, paid bloody 213K. We are back to those days bro. I really think once you have achieved something, you must enjoy la. Dont everytime think about leaving it for the kids. Leave them enough. Enjoy your life. You only leave once.When you die, you cannot take it with you also wat.

But if wifey disagree, my honest advise, listen to HER. Last thing you need is constant becking. Hahahahaha

kane
17-10-12, 20:48
Why you :doh:.

Long long time ago, I bot my Volvo 850 T5, paid bloody 213K. We are back to those days bro. I really think once you have achieved something, you must enjoy la. Dont everytime think about leaving it for the kids. Leave them enough. Enjoy your life. You only leave once.When you die, you cannot take it with you also wat.

But if wifey disagree, my honest advise, listen to HER. Last thing you need is constant becking. Hahahahaha

Agree on both points. Especially the second.

生不带来, 死不带去。must enjoy once a while the fruits of our labour.

chestnut
17-10-12, 20:56
Agree on both points. Especially the second.

生不带来, 死不带去。must enjoy once a while the fruits of our labour.

Bro, I score highest point in Chinese leh. I eat potatoes u know. Every time u guys come out Chinese, I need to do google translate.

I now enjoying life to the fullest. But way below my earning capacity. Spending at retirement amount. Hahaha. So retirement will have no prob.

:cheers1:

kane
17-10-12, 21:28
Some free chinese lesson here good mah. Google translator vey powerful nowadays.

chestnut
17-10-12, 21:32
Some free chinese lesson here good mah. Google translator vey powerful nowadays.

Haha. My Chinese teacher ask me to stand up to recite. I read the first word, wo (me) on the book, then I look at him. He look at me and say. Ok. Go behind the class and do your own thing, just don't disturb the others. I smile back at him and said, thanks. Real case ok. No joke.

My vocal Chinese is ok though.

kane
17-10-12, 21:35
My written chinese also give back to the teacher. Now re learning through the kids homework...

chestnut
17-10-12, 21:56
My written chinese also give back to the teacher. Now re learning through the kids homework...
Poor thing, I crossed that phase liao. Kids all big. Enjoy the ride.

Laguna
17-10-12, 22:07

compared to yesterday's price...it is ex
compare with tomorrow price : it is cheap cheap

kane
17-10-12, 22:18
Poor thing, I crossed that phase liao. Kids all big. Enjoy the ride.

Lucky you. Back to the car thing. Just change my ride early this year when coe dipped. I think when equity markets rally hard, the 100k barrier for cat b will be sliced through like a warm knife through butter.

chestnut
17-10-12, 22:28
So wats your ride. Me is250c. U must be thinking I crazy. Bloody road holding damn bad. But I bo pian. Due to certain reason not convenient to say here. Was looking at boxster 2 seater damn shiok but kana whack by wife left, right centre. Haha. Sales rep sian when heard I want to pay full. Then say please take 60 k loan. So help out la. 1 yr loan. All settled liao about 7 mths ago.
Now open top and enjoy the wind. Was thinking maybe go Ferrari for a few year. Sat in friends car, come out ear ringing. Cannot take it. Some say it is music. I tot I in Harley. Haha. Now down to earth. Next few years, will go back continental. No offense to jap or any other cars. Just my preference.

kane
17-10-12, 22:45
So wats your ride. Me is250c. U must be thinking I crazy. Bloody road holding damn bad. But I bo pian. Due to certain reason not convenient to say here. Was looking at boxster 2 seater damn shiok but kana whack by wife left, right centre. Haha. Sales rep sian when heard I want to pay full. Then say please take 60 k loan. So help out la. 1 yr loan. All settled liao about 7 mths ago.
Now open top and enjoy the wind. Was thinking maybe go Ferrari for a few year. Sat in friends car, come out ear ringing. Cannot take it. Some say it is music. I tot I in Harley. Haha. Now down to earth. Next few years, will go back continental. No offense to jap or any other cars. Just my preference.

don't laugh ah, mine's a toyota previa. haha.

richwang
17-10-12, 22:49

A: S$69,000 x 399 = S$27,531,000
B: S$80,001 x 350 = S$28,000,350
C: S$56,001 x 185 = S$10,360,185
D: S$1,912 x 413 = S$789,656
E: S$86,889 x 242 = S$21,027,138
Grand Total S$87,708,329

S$87,708,329 x 24 = S$2,104,999,896

Once again on target with S$2B budget revenue.

If I were the Minister, maybe I will come up with even "smarter" ways to make more money:

How about 8-year COE?
... or Green COE (if you are not green, you pay even more).

What do you think?

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$71,001 x 393 = S$27,903,393
B: S$85,801 x 353 = S$30,287,753
C: S$57,889 x 180 = S$10,420,020
D: S$1,920 x 463 = S$888,960
E: S$87,000 x 249 = S$21,663,000
Grand Total S$91,163,126

S$91,163,126 x 24 = S$2,187,915,024

On target with the 2B budget.

Now I know why people would say:
"It is very boring to make S$2B dollars."

Thanks,
Richard

zeamybro
17-10-12, 22:51

Chestnut... I would be damm excited if u were to own this 250c instead of the jap one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1972_Mercedes-Benz_250C.JPG

chestnut
17-10-12, 23:06
Chestnut... I would be damm excited if u were to own this 250c instead of the jap one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1972_Mercedes-Benz_250C.JPG

Haha, good one. I cannot drive that lah, I will really look my age. But I really was going for the A5 convertible. I took it around the winding road at south Buona vista and it was raining and the car was gripping to the road like glue. 4 wheel drive. I am not technical into this but I just enjoy the ride and the road holding.

chestnut
17-10-12, 23:10
don't laugh ah, mine's a toyota previa. haha.

Bro, I drove the Honda odyssey leh when my 3 kids were young and my maid needed to tag along. A car is a car.
But for me, this is the only thing I pamper myself with now. Bot enough watches already. So now I really have nothing to buy. So my expenses very low. I super low maintenance. Hahaha

kane
17-10-12, 23:15
Bro, I drove the Honda odyssey leh when my 3 kids were young and my maid needed to tag along. A car is a car.
But for me, this is the only thing I pamper myself with now. Bot enough watches already. So now I really have nothing to buy. So my expenses very low. I super low maintenance. Hahaha

looks like i'm walking the path you once took. i need all the space i can get. so the kids minibus is the only option. now i miss driving sedan cars. some day, i'll have my sedan car... then the other half can be the minibus driver.

chestnut
17-10-12, 23:30
looks like i'm walking the path you once took. i need all the space i can get. so the kids minibus is the only option. now i miss driving sedan cars. some day, i'll have my sedan car... then the other half can be the minibus driver.

Wa, u lucky, your other half can drive.

My other half got driving licence. Went to test drive car. Test drove the bm320. The was $125k. She tell me too big. I nearly fainted. She then test drove polo, say too small, I again nearly fainted. Lucky test drove Peugeot 308(premium non turbo) and say like. Choose red. Wa lao. When ever I drive the car, I scared someone come from behind and pinch my bumps.

OK, so when the girls are bigger, u spend less. Only need to take care of uni. But if u have 2 cars, be prepared to lose a pp every year. Haha, but again, I balance my life. If not my children all laughing to the bank. I better spend some of my own money.

leftfield
18-10-12, 11:54
I really think once you have achieved something, you must enjoy la. Dont everytime think about leaving it for the kids. Leave them enough. Enjoy your life. You only leave once.When you die, you cannot take it with you also wat.

Para 1 quality advice! :)

Para 2 Super quality advice!!! :D

ysyap
18-10-12, 18:51

Grand Total S$91,163,126

Thanks,
RichardNo wonder citizens are getting poorer... :(

kane
18-10-12, 21:17
Wa, u lucky, your other half can drive.

My other half got driving licence. Went to test drive car. Test drove the bm320. The was $125k. She tell me too big. I nearly fainted. She then test drove polo, say too small, I again nearly fainted. Lucky test drove Peugeot 308(premium non turbo) and say like. Choose red. Wa lao. When ever I drive the car, I scared someone come from behind and pinch my bumps.

OK, so when the girls are bigger, u spend less. Only need to take care of uni. But if u have 2 cars, be prepared to lose a pp every year. Haha, but again, I balance my life. If not my children all laughing to the bank. I better spend some of my own money.

Maybe a jetta will fit between a 320 and polo. I think because the 320's dashboard is much higher from the driver's perspective that's why your wife find it too big.

The plan is she can drive the minibus i drive the sportier sedan. Lol.

What is pp?

chestnut
19-10-12, 05:20
Maybe a jetta will fit between a 320 and polo. I think because the 320's dashboard is much higher from the driver's perspective that's why your wife find it too big.

The plan is she can drive the minibus i drive the sportier sedan. Lol.

What is pp?

pp = Patek philippe and ap = audemars piguet in the watch world.

kane
19-10-12, 06:35
Oh that. Yeah, calculated, need to spend at least $25k a year on an additional car. APs royal oak offshore are nice. Not a fan of PP's design.

chestnut
19-10-12, 06:45
Oh that. Yeah, calculated, need to spend at least $25k a year on an additional car. APs royal oak offshore are nice. Not a fan of PP's design.

I have a chrono royal oak. Now thinking of pp nautilus. But too many watches liao. By my standard, that is.my number don't exceed 1 hand.

kane
19-10-12, 08:35
3 watches for weekdays, 2 for weekends. Just nice 5. Haha.

Laguna
19-10-12, 11:18
3 watches for weekdays, 2 for weekends. Just nice 5. Haha.

still add in day watch and nite watch
so X2

chestnut
19-10-12, 11:34
still add in day watch and nite watch
so X2
Ok la, I dont have so many. My wife has more. Why? I actually got our girls to select a nice watch which they will get to wear when they work in the future. But during this time, my wife will get to wear it, so they can remember her wearing it. So 1 chose jaeger lecoultre dual time , another a zeneith chrono and the last a rolex 1/2 gold diamond and she has her own rolex which I bot for her to show her my appreciation when the 3rd kid came. I only have 3 :(. No son to hand down to. Please dont ask me to be your godpa. I have no need.

Whenever I want to buy, my wifey will tell me, who you want to give to - son-in law hah??? I will :doh:. She wins hands down.
I give in because she is my partner and we need to live happily.
Hahahaha.
Please, I not hau lian. Nothing to hau lian at all. There are so many rich people around and I feel happy when they are rich and there are some less fortunate and I do feel sad. I am just an above ave guy - in my mind, who was VERY LUCKY - right time, right place with a little bit of brain power.
I just want to leave a legacy whereby my kids can remember us. I actually like the patek slogan - real genius : “You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.”
So I think this is my philosophy for watches and houses. I think some of you will agree and some will disagree. But to each his/her own. Not 1 size fits all. Just do the things you want/like and dont be bothered with what others think. And please dont follow me. Be your own man/woman.

Laguna
19-10-12, 11:39
BTW, I did not ow a watch and did not use a watch for about 45 years...

chestnut
19-10-12, 11:44
BTW, I did not ow a watch and did not use a watch for about 45 years...

Honestly, you dont need a watch at all. Everywhere u go, there is a device that tells time. For me, the watch just shows the type of man I am. So all my watches are sports version.
AP royal oak, rolex daytona and rolex sea dweller. And of course a few others to wear for my travel to "unsafe" countries.

kane
19-10-12, 22:16
Honestly, you dont need a watch at all. Everywhere u go, there is a device that tells time. For me, the watch just shows the type of man I am. So all my watches are sports version.
AP royal oak, rolex daytona and rolex sea dweller. And of course a few others to wear for my travel to "unsafe" countries.

Rolex Daytona is just about the few watches where the shops will openly sell it at above RRP... haha.

richwang
07-11-12, 21:51

Grand Total S$91,163,126

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$77,201 x 393 = S$30,339,993
B: S$92,400 x 350 = S$32,340,000
C: S$59,111 x 180 = S$10,639,980
D: S$1,959 x 478= S$936,402
E: S$92,100 x 241 = S$22,196,100
Grand Total S$96,452,475

S$96,452,475 x 24 = S$2,314,859,400

The slightly higher number reflects the pent up demand for 3 weeks.
(Also good to have some "surplus" to justify better year end bonus).

Thanks,
Richard

Kanarazu
07-11-12, 23:17
Buying PQP 10-year COE can take loan or not?

ysyap
08-11-12, 06:09
The title of this thread should be changed to 'COE $92k, Still cheap?'. :D

kane
08-11-12, 07:16
Not cheap, but the concern is it will go higher.

buttercarp
08-11-12, 07:30
Not cheap, but the concern is it will go higher.

If it does, then it make sense to buy a brand new car, drive for 1 year then sell it. In that way, you may get to drive it for free during the 1 year!

Komo
08-11-12, 07:42
no need lah ... but now can reply "cheap already":D

kane
08-11-12, 08:01
Self fulfilling. More buy new car to sell off later, the higher the coe goes, and that makes their one year old car look more profitable.

Rysk
08-11-12, 11:11

Cheap cheap lah!!
In 2009, COE $9k.. now $90k.. up approx. $80k..
If you bought a $1m house in 2009.. now sell easily make $300k.. so what is $90k man!!

You still have balance of approx. $200k in the pocket..:D

focus
08-11-12, 11:18
Have you guys noticed something about investments.. it seems if you just follow the herd, you will always make money.. (must know when to exit- the hard part). And it does not require any analysis or deep knowledge, it is mostly what the crowds are chanting.

example, when you hear more people chanting COE cannot go lower, COE quota will be cut, you just buy and wait. Coz the disbelief, denial suddenly becomes acceptance.

then for properties, the 1st time you hear chants of inflation and Qe will make properties go higher becoming more frequent, you just buy and wait. Coz again there will be a period of disbelief and denial by people who will justify why this and that cannot happen..and sooner or later..it beomes acceptance again.

It is when most have accepted..that it becomes dangerous to hold..

So my question now...
Has high COE become accepted?
Has high property prices become accepted? (for example, i have also accepted higher property prices is here to stay.. i also not a bull person..hehe..)

:)

buttercarp
08-11-12, 11:38
COE and property are different.
If you need a car, you have to accept the COE even if you buy the cheapest possible car.

Property is different.
If you need a place to stay, you can choose something less attractive but affordable.

Shanhz
08-11-12, 12:19
If you need a car, you have to accept the COE even if you buy the cheapest possible car.

Property is different.
If you need a place to stay, you can choose something less attractive but affordable.

where got different? same same mah. see what happens if i reverse your statement.

If you need a car, you can choose something less attractive but affordable.

If you need a place to stay, you have to accept the ppty price even if you buy the cheapest possible ppty.

dun forget.. an old altis and brand new merc.. diff is only 200k max
woodlands hdb 4-rm and bishan EM... possibly 600k difference

buttercarp
08-11-12, 13:15
where got different? same same mah. see what happens if i reverse your statement.

If you need a place to stay, you have to accept the ppty price even if you buy the cheapest possible ppty.

If you need a car, you definitely need to pay COE + car price.
COE is fixed, no choice have to pay.

But if you need a place to stay, you are most likely to be able to own one.
The majority of Singaporeans own a home.
Remember, earn $1k can afford 2 rm HDB.

jeaprp
08-11-12, 14:21
If you need a car, you definitely need to pay COE + car price.
COE is fixed, no choice have to pay.

But if you need a place to stay, you are most likely to be able to own one.
The majority of Singaporeans own a home.
Remember, earn $1k can afford 2 rm HDB.

A car is more of a luxury item.
A lot of ppl take public transport:cool:

Rysk
08-11-12, 16:24

Ya! at current market.. to me is the same

Even the "less attractive but affordable" housing already increased min. $80k-$100k as compare to few year ago.. so whether is car or house.. LPPL

Unless you can find a house now at Yr2009 price..

radha08
08-11-12, 22:43

Property is different.

wise words from a wise sister...:cheers5:

radha08
08-11-12, 22:45
wise words from a wise sister...:cheers5:

oops sorry forgot to add but whatever u choose to buy car/house...please dont forget to pay tax to our wisest cheng-hu:D:D:D

tangomarine
18-11-12, 17:16
I just went to a car showroom n dealer selling car with $69 k cat a Coe.. Tell me car will transfer to me only after 6 months.. Is this how dealer are creating artificial demand and pushing up prices??

richwang
22-11-12, 19:34

A: S$77,201 x 393 = S$30,339,993
B: S$92,400 x 350 = S$32,340,000
C: S$59,111 x 180 = S$10,639,980
D: S$1,959 x 478= S$936,402
E: S$92,100 x 241 = S$22,196,100
Grand Total S$96,452,475

S$96,452,475 x 24 = S$2,314,859,400

The slightly higher number reflects the pent up demand for 3 weeks.
(Also good to have some "surplus" to justify better year end bonus).

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$77,291 x 393 = S$30,375,363
B: S$93,004 x 342 = S$31,807,368
C: S$60,235 x 177 = S$10,661,595
D: S$1,689 x 441= S$744,849
E: S$93,990 x 250 = S$23,497,500
Grand Total S$97,086,675

S$97,086,675 x 24 = S$2,330,080,200

Thanks,
Richard

buttercarp
22-11-12, 20:08
I just went to a car showroom n dealer selling car with $69 k cat a Coe.. Tell me car will transfer to me only after 6 months.. Is this how dealer are creating artificial demand and pushing up prices??

Don't really understand......
You mean there is a Cat A COE at $69K - this means the dealer got it earlier on?
So why must wait till 6 months later?

kane
22-11-12, 22:35
no stock of the car in the config chosen? dealers then to have some coe for standby.

focus
22-11-12, 23:56
You mean there is a Cat A COE at $69K - this means the dealer got it earlier on?

Probably it is the showroom car.
I got similar offer when I went to Mazda showroom when shopping around for a 7 seat mpv.
But the sales did tell me frankly you can get it cheaper if you are willing to take the showroom car.

richwang
23-11-12, 20:57
http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2010/04/bid-for-coe.html

Bid for COE

I found that a car buyer can bid for the COE and, after being successful, is given 6 months to find a car. The deposit to bid for a COE for a car is $10,000 and the balance of the COE price is payable on the purchase of a car.

buttercarp
23-11-12, 21:08
http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2010/04/bid-for-coe.html

Bid for COE

I found that a car buyer can bid for the COE and, after being successful, is given 6 months to find a car. The deposit to bid for a COE for a car is $10,000 and the balance of the COE price is payable on the purchase of a car.

Thanks, richard!
But the COE is not transferrable, right?

richwang
23-11-12, 21:20
COE is not transferable, but car is.

Of course, you'd better be a car dealer to do that.

The main challenge for a layman who has a naked COE is to attach it to a car (surprisingly car dealers are allowed NOT to honor your Entitlement)

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/forms_download0.MainPar.0011.File.tmp/M01.pdf

This is equivalent to property agent buys the property and then transfers (in a package) to you. Do you think you can ever get a good deal?

Thanks,
Richard

minority
23-11-12, 22:16
Comparing with 1994's high of 110k :beats-me-man:

dont need car dont buy....

price
23-11-12, 22:21
dont need car dont buy....
how many bros here dun drive?

azeoprop
23-11-12, 22:30

I ride my little bike only, please don't knock me down. :o

dtrax
23-11-12, 23:38
million dollar question is, when will COE price drop? 70-90k is quite carrothead ftw

cavaliver
24-11-12, 06:16

My wifey don t drive, she takes MRT to Raffles place.Me drive although I only work 4 hrs a day & my work place is 3 MRT stations away !
The older I get, the more eccentric I become... MRT too crowded :doh:

richwang
24-11-12, 21:26
million dollar question is, when will COE price drop? 70-90k is quite carrothead ftw

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP01-3-1_Cars_by_age.pdf

The COE numbers in 2005-2007 were high, so we should expect a COE price drop in 2015 (just be GE 2016?)

Thanks,
Richard

buttercarp
24-11-12, 23:45
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP01-3-1_Cars_by_age.pdf

The COE numbers in 2005-2007 were high, so we should expect a COE price drop in 2015 (just be GE 2016?)

Thanks,
Richard

Yes, yes, please drop in 2015.
That's when I will be in dire need to get one.

ClemenceLY
25-11-12, 01:27
I don't think the COE will drop substantially... If everyone is saving for the COE supply increase from 2015 to 2017, and expecting the price to drop, then you are going to see a strong pend up demand. Just like what happen to the property...

In fact, the COE may surprise everyone by increasing further during the coming years :doh:

ysyap
25-11-12, 06:32
That's when I will be in dire need to get one.Yup someone mentioned that the highest number of cars being scrapped will come in 2015 therefore the number of COE available will shoot up then. Prices will drop. Whatever, my car COE expires middle of that year too. Sigh! Don't know can or not! :scared-3:

richwang
25-11-12, 10:41
I don't think the COE will drop substantially... If everyone is saving for the COE supply increase from 2015 to 2017, and expecting the price to drop, then you are going to see a strong pend up demand. Just like what happen to the property...

In fact, the COE may surprise everyone by increasing further during the coming years :doh:
The car population is about 1M in Singapore. Most of the owners are voters. Standing from the seller's point of view (something I have been trying for a while now), I wouldn't want to take any risk to loss my selling rights. Since the market is controlled by me anyway, I will make it drop to way below everyone's expectation (so I can claim it is still market driven), that way I can keep my selling rights firm. After that, I will always have opportunity to recover my loss by selling COE at S$200K+.
Advertisement cost is always needed - even for monopoly.

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
25-11-12, 10:57
Wait for recession.

roly8
25-11-12, 10:58

me lor

unless your work require driving around la

if not, not worth owning the car :p

richwang
25-11-12, 11:10
me, taking MRT for 20 years now.
But I am seriously looking for a car (in 2015?)
The train nowadays makes breaks randomly, much like riding a bus, I think it is bad for my knees.

Thanks,
Richard

Rysk
25-11-12, 18:32

Thanks,
Richard

Never think too far.. only hope my current car won't give me any major problem & burn a big hole in my pocket before scrap in End 2016.....

whatever....COE will crash.....they can shout whatever price they want to bid.....stop buying new car.......
New car price will down >50% before 2015, stop buying new car & new car is on it's way down........:D

radha08
25-11-12, 21:57

Thanks,
Richard

yes please drop so i can extend my car...:cool:

kane
25-11-12, 22:16
Never think too far.. only hope my current car won't give me any major problem & burn a big hole in my pocket before scrap in End 2016.....

whatever....COE will crash.....they can shout whatever price they want to bid.....stop buying new car.......
New car price will down >50% before 2015, stop buying new car & new car is on it's way down........:D

I miss the words and the red font.

richwang
05-12-12, 19:45

A: S$77,291 x 393 = S$30,375,363
B: S$93,004 x 342 = S$31,807,368
C: S$60,235 x 177 = S$10,661,595
D: S$1,689 x 441= S$744,849
E: S$93,990 x 250 = S$23,497,500
Grand Total S$97,086,675

S$97,086,675 x 24 = S$2,330,080,200

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$78,523 x 378 = S$29,681,694
B: S$90,200 x 337 = S$30,397,400
C: S$63,035 x 168 = S$10,589,880
D: S$1,612 x 435= S$701,220
E: S$97,000 x 233 = S$22,601,000
Grand Total S$93,971,194

S$93,971,194 x 24 = S$2,255,308,656

Thanks,
Richard

phantom_opera
05-12-12, 19:54
the scary part is commercial vehicle COE now more than 63k

COE prices for 1,600cc cars, commercial vehicles set new records
Certificate of entitlement (COE) prices ended mostly higher at the latest tender on Wednesday, with the premium for 1,600cc cars and commercial vehicles setting new records.

azeoprop
19-12-12, 17:21

End of the world coming? :doh:

buttercarp
19-12-12, 17:34

End of the world coming? :doh:

2 more days to 21 Dec.

http://dcmf.daisypath.com/RWI8p8.png (http://daisypath.com/)

minority
19-12-12, 17:36
me, taking MRT for 20 years now.
But I am seriously looking for a car (in 2015?)
The train nowadays makes breaks randomly, much like riding a bus, I think it is bad for my knees.

Thanks,
Richard

Take taxi lor! Chauffeur u ard . Weak knees they also can have wheel chair. While ridding can surf Internet some more.

Song song

minority
19-12-12, 17:43
The higher it goes the more people want to buy. So is the nature of us True blue Singaporean. We complain , we luan kan. But the more ex the more we gian.

Laguna
19-12-12, 18:26
The higher it goes the more people want to buy. So is the nature of us True blue Singaporean. We complain , we luan kan. But the more ex the more we gian.

they are comparing the price of today to tomorrow.
everyone knows what is the price of COE tomorrow....like no tomorrow...

buttercarp
19-12-12, 18:34
Properties near MRT huat huat huat !

Laguna
19-12-12, 18:44
At this rate, inflation is going to be very high next year...
and why there is no cooling measure for COE?

hyenergix
19-12-12, 19:00
Foreigners shd pay additional levy on top of COE. Seriously.

fiat500
19-12-12, 21:05
This is the cash cow for them! They are making tonnes of $$$,why kill the golden goose?

richwang
19-12-12, 21:06

A: S$78,523 x 378 = S$29,681,694
B: S$90,200 x 337 = S$30,397,400
C: S$63,035 x 168 = S$10,589,880
D: S$1,612 x 435= S$701,220
E: S$97,000 x 233 = S$22,601,000
Grand Total S$93,971,194

S$93,971,194 x 24 = S$2,255,308,656

Thanks,
Richard

A: S$81,889 x 378 = S$30,954,042
B: S$93,501 x 360 = S$33,660,360
C: S$62,201 x 178 = S$11,071,778
D: S$1,701 x 440= S$748,440
E: S$95,990 x 241 = S$23,133,590
Grand Total S$99,568,210

S$99,568,210 x 24 = S$2,389,637,040

Exceeding the 2B budget. Bonus is coming ...

Thanks,
Richard

kane
19-12-12, 21:22
Quite shocking to see Cat A hitting $80k so soon. I was thinking we would see Cat B hitting 100k first.

hyenergix
19-12-12, 21:26
It should have hit $100k if not for the shift in taxi category and delay in COE claw-back a few months ago.

kane
19-12-12, 21:37
All those turbo charged 1.6l cars are pushing up the Cat A prices. They really should carve a separate Cat A category. Call it Cat A2 or something for those luxury turbo charged cars.

buttercarp
19-12-12, 22:28
They should have a separate 5 year COE and charge lesser, something like 99LH and FH property.

kane
20-12-12, 00:37
dangerous, people will end up overpaying for the 5 year and push the 10 year prices even higher.

minority
20-12-12, 01:11
Dump the car. Just cab, bus , train.

Simple.

Shanhz
20-12-12, 05:08

housing is very diff fr car. there will not be much bubble from car relatively as compared to housing. furthermore housing affects everyone from the poorest to the richest. cars are luxury, poorest dun even need to tink abt it whether coe $1 or $100k. politically it is less sensitive.

i think the quota reducing in feb or something. seriously need to consider selling my high cc car and downgrade to small car, save some $$$. coe high, time to downgrade. :)

ysyap
20-12-12, 06:53
Exceeding the 2B budget. Bonus is coming ...

Thanks,
RichardIts always good to have hope and optimism... don't dwell too long...

buttercarp
20-12-12, 07:24
dangerous, people will end up overpaying for the 5 year and push the 10 year prices even higher.

Allow only SC to have 10 year COE, rest get 5 year.
PR subjected to approval.

Kanarazu
20-12-12, 07:28
They should have a separate 5 year COE and charge lesser, something like 99LH and FH property.

I tend to compare a 10 year COE worth $82000 versus a LH99 condo worth $820,000. Which one is money better spent? :)

buttercarp
20-12-12, 07:45
I tend to compare a 10 year COE worth $82000 versus a LH99 condo worth $820,000. Which one is money better spent? :)

How about having the condo, letting it out to service your car loan ;) ?

kane
20-12-12, 07:50
Or you can think of it as 1 honda accord / toyota camry today equals 1 3room flat 7 to 8years ago.

Laguna
20-12-12, 07:57
COE Cooling measure:
first car : 1 unit of COE
second car: 2 units of COE
third car : 3 x COE

on a per household or address basis.

Who dare to implement this ?

Shanhz
20-12-12, 08:14

depend whether this condo is your 1st, 2nd or subsequent? i think beyond the 3rd condo, it is okay to spend some $$ to pamper yourself. can't take it with you once hand in NRIC.

buttercarp
20-12-12, 08:15
COE Cooling measure:
first car : 1 unit of COE
second car: 2 units of COE
third car : 3 x COE

on a per household or address basis.

Who dare to implement this ?

Then people will buy more property to use the address for the COE :scared-5: .

Rysk
20-12-12, 08:29
So funny..
Beginning of this thread was.. $82k still cheap for Cat B & Open Cat COE??
Now is.. $82 still cheap for Cat A COE?? :D

gymboy
20-12-12, 09:06
So funny..
Beginning of this thread was.. $82k still cheap for Cat B & Open Cat COE??
Now is.. $82 still cheap for Cat A COE?? :D

...which means there is possibility for Cat A COE to rise to today's Cat B level of $93-95K some months later. So, $82K now is still cheap! :)

Shanhz
20-12-12, 09:21
I actually got our girls to select a nice watch which they will get to wear when they work in the future. But during this time, my wife will get to wear it, so they can remember her wearing it.

bro, this is quite sweet. what was the reason for doing this?

Shanhz
20-12-12, 09:22
If it does, then it make sense to buy a brand new car, drive for 1 year then sell it. In that way, you may get to drive it for free during the 1 year!

same as ppty lor. musical chair. see which guy left holding it when it tanks. ppty better, hold for 10 years value come back. car hold for 10 years. left metal nia.

Shanhz
20-12-12, 09:25
That's when I will be in dire need to get one.

actually high COE doesn't bother me. when the time comes for renewal, just pick an older car to drive lor.

chiaberry
20-12-12, 09:51
I'm eyeing a smaller more energy efficient car. Faster build the Thomson Line. Then I won't even need the car to get to work. Can get off at the doorstep of my work place. :cool:

maisonjai
20-12-12, 12:52
bro, this is quite sweet. what was the reason for doing this?
Coz chestnut only buy FH watches, looking after for the next generation. :D

kane
20-12-12, 13:31
Your workplace is SGH?

azeoprop
20-12-12, 17:10
Yet another train disruption this afternoon.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/train-disruption-hits-north-east-line-085812303.html

:tsk-tsk:

ysyap
20-12-12, 17:27
Yup... one direction service has resumed already lah...