PDA

View Full Version : Advise on single HDB application

irisng
18-03-12, 14:08
Can a single man aged around 56 yrs old buys a new HDB flat? He is now staying with his mother and 2nd brother (57 yrs old) who is also single. This house is under his mother and 2nd brother's name.

Previously he bought a resale 3 room flat but sold to his 5th brother 9 yrs ago (because his 5th brother was getting married) at the same price that he bought. If he wants to apply with his mother, that means his mother's name has to be taken out from the current house, but how about his 2nd brother, can he still stayed there with a single name only.

carbuncle
18-03-12, 15:27
Can buy but if take grant or use CPF must set aside Minimum Sum I think...

buttercarp
18-03-12, 16:37
Can a single man aged around 56 yrs old buys a new HDB flat? He is now staying with his mother and 2nd brother (57 yrs old) who is also single. This house is under his mother and 2nd brother's name.

Previously he bought a resale 3 room flat but sold to his 5th brother 9 yrs ago (because his 5th brother was getting married) at the same price that he bought. If he wants to apply with his mother, that means his mother's name has to be taken out from the current house, but how about his 2nd brother, can he still stayed there with a single name only.

Since he is including his mother as the co - owner, there are a few conditions to be met.
I assume his mother is now staying in a HDB flat?
If so was this HDB flat a new or resale?
How long has his mother had the flat?
Did his mother get any grant or was it acquired via SERS ?

Please refer to this website.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat?OpenDocument#FlatFirstTimer

irisng
18-03-12, 17:00
Since he is including his mother as the co - owner, there are a few conditions to be met.
I assume his mother is now staying in a HDB flat?
If so was this HDB flat a new or resale?
How long has his mother had the flat?
Did his mother get any grant or was it acquired via SERS ?

Please refer to this website.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat?OpenDocument#FlatFirstTimer

Wow, not very sure leh. I only know that they stay there for >40 yrs. It was rental at first but later HDB decided to sell, so they buy it over. I don't think there is any subsidy during that time. So don't know whether is it considered as new flat or not?

jesico
19-03-12, 13:41
easiest way would be for them to call or email HDB to find out, give HDB the IC number the officer can advise based on their particular circumstance.

irisng
19-03-12, 18:50
easiest way would be for them to call or email HDB to find out, give HDB the IC number the officer can advise based on their particular circumstance.

Yes, thank you. I went to his place last week, heard them talking about it, so kaypo kaypo, try to seek the advise from this forum lor.:ashamed1: I realise that some of the forummers here are really very knowledgable, know a lot of things hor.:cheers1: