PDA

View Full Version : Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

price
17-03-12, 20:43
Developer:

United Engineer Group

Total 843 condo units + 19 strata house units

Development:

2 Blocks of 31 storey and 2 Blocks of 30 Storey Residential Apartment & 3 Blocks of Strata Terraces

Address:

Whampoa East Road

Tenure:

99 year leasehold

Expected TOP:

11 Mar 2016

Approximate Units Size:

1 Bedroom - 452 - 936 Sqft

2 Bedroom - 699 - 882 Sqft

2+study - 785 - 1162 sqft

3 Bedroom Compact - 936 sqft

3 Bedroom - 979 - 1528 sqft

3 Bedroom Dual Key - 1033 - 1356 Sqft

4 Bedroom - 1367 - 1754

Stata Terraces - 2776 - 2851 Sqft

Land Size: 200,000 sq.ft.

Attractive multi theme-design with breathtaking Sky Gardens, pools and beautiful water features.

Location: Situated along Bendemeer Road, next to Bendemeer Primary School.

Ease of Commuting (to and fro Bendemeer):

** Minutes Drive to CBD, Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort, our ever-popular Orchard Road, to name a few.

** Brisk Access to Boon Keng MRT Station.

** A Minute Drive to PIE. Easy Access to CTE as well.

** New access tunnel towards Potong Pasir/ Hougang is now ready for use.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p_TXrGCRY1M/T2NPhYJDb6I/AAAAAAAAAEM/SO7DCaYhMkk/s1600/impression.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hW3gCxGPBwA/T2NwqkW92cI/AAAAAAAAAEY/7bqfGFTd0bI/s1600/Location%2BMap.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hOv0x8gTMDw/T2MlC2e5R_I/AAAAAAAAADY/v6HNSKEU8l4/s1600/impression2.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gP3tPA9Ch5A/T2NIIyKwEzI/AAAAAAAAAD0/r7D-BgvyKuM/s1600/impression3.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JLEScqNpCxM/T2NK9G7f7HI/AAAAAAAAAEA/LnzVTEOp4DE/s1600/impression4.jpg

8 RiverSuites Condo Facilities

2nd Storey Landscape Deck – water zone
A continuous flow of swimming pools, Jacuzzi pools, water cascade, wading pool, leisure pool
An elegant environment of landscape spaces infused with sights and sound of water.
7th Storey Garden Zone
A variety of activities nodes of children playground, , farm garden, tennis court, dining pavilion, flower field,spa pool, outdoor gym and spaces.
28th/29th Storey The Sky Zone
A premium entertainment environment with panoramic sky view for the enjoyment of every residents.

price
18-03-12, 13:28
IMO, indicative price @ $1250 psf, this is a much better buy than WT. Any opinions?

devilplate
18-03-12, 13:32
IMO, indicative price @ $1250 psf, this is a much better buy than WT. Any opinions?
From 1250psf? If 20th flr at 1250psf for 2bdr can GRAB! The view will be quite nice

hyenergix
18-03-12, 13:49

Watertown is better because your house is just above the MRT station and mall. This one you have to walk a good 10 min from MRT (due to traffic lights) as well as for your amenities. Traffic is a pain in this area and I always avoid driving along Serangoon road.

insigina
18-03-12, 14:09
Watertown is better because your house is just above the MRT station and mall. This one you have to walk a good 10 min from MRT (due to traffic lights) as well as for your amenities. Traffic is a pain in this area and I always avoid driving along Serangoon road.

I drive this stretch of road every weekday to work. Ever since the viaduct opened, traffic has been quite smooth. My concern is that city view for this development is west facing?

hyenergix
18-03-12, 15:07
I drive this stretch of road every weekday to work. Ever since the viaduct opened, traffic has been quite smooth. My concern is that city view for this development is west facing?

Prefer less walking under e sun or rain.

price
18-03-12, 23:13

Comeon, 10mins is a bit exaggerating. But say if u really take 10mins, ur end up at boon keng mrt bro. in Wartertown u may take couple of mins to the MRT but mind you ur gonna take way more than 10 mins to boon keng mrt from punggol. Punggol is far from most places and this is city fringe.

price
18-03-12, 23:15
From 1250psf? If 20th flr at 1250psf for 2bdr can GRAB! The view will be quite nice

Yea, DTZ agent told me $1250 is the average price. So i guess bigger units will be quite much lower?:beats-me-man: the floor plans looks pretty decent.

azeoprop
18-03-12, 23:28
Their bid price was 775psf ppr, selling at 1250psf can earn money meh?

:beats-me-man:

devilplate
18-03-12, 23:30
Yea, DTZ agent told me $1250 is the average price. So i guess bigger units will be quite much lower?:beats-me-man: the floor plans looks pretty decent.
Agt told me from 1200psf leh....by the time hit 20th flr, most likely 1350-1400psf for 2bdr liao....

Anyway no harm putting a chq just in case really 12xxpsf?

price
18-03-12, 23:40
Agt told me from 1200psf leh....by the time hit 20th flr, most likely 1350-1400psf for 2bdr liao....

Haha no one say i wanna get 20th floor leh. me no $$. The cheaper the better :D If the 1 bedders start from 5xxk, it'll be a sell out immediately. I really think this is a very good location from the recent launched big scale projects.

price
18-03-12, 23:42

From $1200!? For those PHs? :( then 1 bedder will be around Sky Habitat price?

alamak
19-03-12, 07:42

The development is all North-South facing of the city view.:D

hyenergix
19-03-12, 07:47
Their bid price was 775psf ppr, selling at 1250psf can earn money meh?

:beats-me-man:

At $1250 psf the developer can laugh its way to the bank.

hyenergix
19-03-12, 07:51

I tot you are not buying any more property for the time being?

alamak
19-03-12, 07:58

You must be kidding or oredi have booked a watertown unit ??

This one right in the smack of town (CBD) - can see Firework, Marina Bay Sands, CBD, Orchard Cental, ION Residence , in the vincity of Boon Keng MRT, Kallang MRT, future Geylang Bahru MRT.

If same psf as Watertown, then we can say that Watertown owners have been ripped liao.. :(

hyenergix
19-03-12, 08:10

This one right in the smack of town (CBD) - can see Firework, Marina Bay Sands, CBD, Orchard Cental, ION Residence , in the vincity of Boon Keng MRT, Kallang MRT, future Geylang Bahru MRT.

If same psf as Watertown, then we can say that Watertown owners have been ripped liao.. :(

Watertown prices are quite high for those who missed the VVIP. I prefer seamless commuting in air-con instead being exposed to the vagaries of weather. Watertown also offers a mall and a weekend getaway at the "river" and green sanctuary in the vincinity. Somehow I don't like this Boon Keng area because of years of painful traffic jams, and the memory lingers.

To add: I didn't buy Watertown, but I'm just comparing this and Watertown.

price
19-03-12, 08:34
Watertown prices are quite high for those who missed the VVIP. I prefer seamless commuting in air-con instead being exposed to the vagaries of weather. Watertown also offers a mall and a weekend getaway at the "river" and green sanctuary in the vincinity. Somehow I don't like this Boon Keng area because of years of painful traffic jams, and the memory lingers.

To add: I didn't buy Watertown, but I'm just comparing this and Watertown.

If you wanna take VVIP prices in to compare and not the overall avg price, im sure the VVIP prices here will be a good deal too :doh:

If you can't take the sun then yep, Watertown and probably only a few other condominiums are for u. But it's quite a pity cause that means you resort yourself to only a few projects in the entire Singapore.

I guess some of us are speaking from an investment / value for money point of view but the personal memories of the traffic is biased. Guess you can never live in the city then:beats-me-man:

Laguna
19-03-12, 09:40
200,000 sq ft of land packed in 843 units...

devilplate
19-03-12, 10:19
I tot you are not buying any more property for the time being?
u tink too much

devilplate
19-03-12, 10:21
just wondering y this one only 31 storey whereas dbss cityview is 40...?

absolutwild
19-03-12, 10:37
couldn't agree more... traffic here ain't that bad anyway... perhaps only occasionally.. how bad can traffic get? many places also have traffic jam everyday... at least we are VERY VERY close to town... already saved quite a bit of time from being near town... not to mention the fantastic view!

price
19-03-12, 10:47
couldn't agree more... traffic here ain't that bad anyway... perhaps only occasionally.. how bad can traffic get? many places also have traffic jam everyday... at least we are VERY VERY close to town... already saved quite a bit of time from being near town... not to mention the fantastic view!

Precisely my point. he picks on traffic and MRT. I guess only far from city places will suit him. Theres only Jurong point, compass point and Watertown then?

It takes me about 5mins to walk to the site from Boon Keng MRT. Even if it takes 10, i'm 6 mins away from Dhoby Ghaut. Watertown takes 2-3mins (Remember you're not directly above the MRT its through a underground passage way) to MRT but like nearly 30mins train ride to Dhoby.

If you wanna talk about traffic, even if i drive much slower on bendemeer/Jalan Basar road to town, I'll still be faster than from Punggol TPE/CTE/KPE

price
19-03-12, 10:49
just wondering y this one only 31 storey whereas dbss cityview is 40...?

HDB biased? give DBSS developers better plot ratio? :beats-me-man:

price
19-03-12, 11:12
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9108245/for-sale-eight-riversuites

Cheap?

hyenergix
19-03-12, 11:14
u tink too much

Looks like this will b a hot proj then :)

Akira Fudou
19-03-12, 12:23

very packed

price
19-03-12, 13:18
very packed

But very high

devilplate
19-03-12, 14:01
Looks like this will b a hot proj then :)
Dun get the wrong idea

minority
19-03-12, 14:13

WT buys love the X factor in there. Coz something special with mall + MRT + river. Never see before mah.

Frankly WT if over price at 1250-1350psf. This area is nearer to CBD is much better. Only thing is the road is quite jam during peak hours.

devilplate
19-03-12, 14:18
Do u maths....

Dbss cityview sold at how much last time.....

price
19-03-12, 14:26
The traffic is a lot better now. I'll choose a slightly busier traffic near the city than quiet traffic just because the place is far far away. Even with traffic, town is less than 15mins drive away.

devilplate
19-03-12, 14:35
Buy ulu sembawang la.....quiet and less traffic

Wakakakaka

WT whr got quiet? Just imagine the human traffic!!! No joke! Look at compass point!

insigina
19-03-12, 14:46
Heard 4 bedder is 1367 sq ft and only available in one stack and one type. Cannot choose.

alamak
19-03-12, 14:51
HDB biased? give DBSS developers better plot ratio? :beats-me-man:

THe new SER Kallang River Vista HDB just across the road is at 28th Storey highest. Guess they are keeping abt same height (30/31st) for Eight Riversuite for skyline reason. Remember during the GLS time, it was mention abt 740 units in 40+ storey high.

Anyway, good for me as 4 blocks of 40 sty in that packed land would have effectively block my entire city view entirely. He He ...

price
19-03-12, 15:00
Near City ppl complain about traffic, noise etc. Far away ppl complain too far from city and ulu :doh:

alamak
19-03-12, 15:13

Developer:

United Engineer Group

Total 843 condo units + 19 strata house units = Wow almost 900 units :(

Development:

2 Blocks of 31 storey and 2 Blocks of 30 Storey Residential Apartment & 3 Blocks of Strata Terraces

Address:

Whampoa East Road

One of the biggest if not the biggest no of units in a city area development.

I guess UE have bid high now trying to recoup back $$$. I remember GLS stated 740 + units, now almost 900 units. quite a no of 1 bedders. Quite packed for all the facilities. :tsk-tsk:

hyenergix
19-03-12, 15:15
Near City ppl complain about traffic, noise etc. Far away ppl complain too far from city and ulu :doh:

U r getting very excited about this project. If you intend to buy a unit, I suggest dun blast out here. It may result more cheques in developer's hand and increase the confidence of the developer in raising the psf. For info, I'm not interested in this project and I don't own a unit in WT.

price
19-03-12, 15:18
U r getting very excited about this project. If you intend to buy a unit, I suggest dun blast out here. It may result more cheques in developer's hand and increase the confidence of the developer in raising the psf. For info, I'm not interested in this project and I don't own a unit in WT.

No lar bro, it's cool :) just voicing my opinion. I still agree that other integrated projects got its perks and potential. Different people with various profiles and backgrounds have got different preferences and needs.

:cheers4: :cheers4:

hyenergix
19-03-12, 15:20
No lar bro, it's cool :) just voicing my opinion. I still agree that other integrated projects got its perks and potential. Different people with various profiles and backgrounds have got different preferences and needs.

:cheers4: :cheers4:

Just sharing my views. Notice the potential landed property buyers here are bashing the landed properties. This is the way to go... ;)

price
19-03-12, 15:23
Just sharing my views. Notice the potential landed property buyers here are bashing the landed properties. This is the way to go... ;)

Yep :) was just taking a comparison with prices of WT vs this. number of units just about 100 different. But WT has got like 17 pools? lol

TBH i'm biased having staying in the city fringe most of my life.

azeoprop
19-03-12, 16:44
found a site plan here.

price
19-03-12, 17:05
found a site plan here.

so small! haha.

Next to the tennis court is a school right?

Akira Fudou
19-03-12, 18:25
But very high

Thats how it get packed in a smaller land area. Whats the plot ratio?
But i like the location. price is attractive too.

price
19-03-12, 20:13
Thats how it get packed in a smaller land area. Whats the plot ratio?
But i like the location. price is attractive too.

Not sure of the plot ratio, but yea i find the price pretty attractive too if its really @ 1200 average (current market). Location is not the best but proximity to town is good.

insigina
19-03-12, 23:15
Not sure of the plot ratio, but yea i find the price pretty attractive too if its really @ 1200 average (current market). Location is not the best but proximity to town is good.

Check the site. The city facing units are North West oriented.

price
20-03-12, 09:15
Check the site. The city facing units are North West oriented.

err thats good or?

insigina
20-03-12, 09:28
err thats good or?

Depends on individual. I think many do not like a facing that is west orientated if given a choice.

carbuncle
20-03-12, 14:06
Together with the St Michaels condos and Regent Residences along main road this area becomes even more crowded. I estimate one bedder launch price from 1350psf mid floor.

price
20-03-12, 14:10
Together with the St Michaels condos and Regent Residences along main road this area becomes even more crowded. I estimate one bedder launch price from 1350psf mid floor.

Starting from 5xxk. Maybe like bartley only 2 units of 5xxk

carbuncle
20-03-12, 14:35
Starting from 5xxk. Maybe like bartley only 2 units of 5xxk
Ok. 599k lor also 5xx....

alamak
21-03-12, 10:08
Ok. 599k lor also 5xx....

Anybody know when is the launch or soft launch or VIP viewing if any ??

TIA.

price
21-03-12, 10:10
Anybody know when is the launch or soft launch or VIP viewing if any ??

TIA.

20 something April

devilplate
21-03-12, 10:12
if i am the developer, i will sell first 20 flr cheap cheap first den slowly release the upper flr and increase the price like FEO! The view is very good

SOuthbank oredi can hit 15xxpsf for their high flr 2bdr.....quantum 1.5xmil hor.....this one 16xxpsf for high flr 2bdr no problem at all if developer is FEO....wakakaka

if not, this project will suffer the same fate as bartley res.....barely 200 units sold out of 700

price
21-03-12, 10:19
if i am the developer, i will sell first 20 flr cheap cheap first den slowly release the upper flr and increase the price like FEO! The view is very good

SOuthbank oredi can hit 15xxpsf for their high flr 2bdr.....quantum 1.5xmil hor.....this one 16xxpsf for high flr 2bdr no problem at all if developer is FEO....wakakaka

if not, this project will suffer the same fate as bartley res.....barely 200 units sold out of 700

Bartley should fire their marketing team lar. Look at their ST ad today. 1 whole page of a boy taking circle line. Doesnt show facilities, the huge tree, landscaping nor anything about the project at all. Pathetic. Even China Developer riversound has better ads.

Yea FEO is good at marketing. Launch WT at 1k-1.1k psf then shoot up daily. Makes ur heart and finger itchy as if you already miss the cheap boat. :cheers5:

Ilikeu
21-03-12, 11:12
Bartley should fire their marketing team lar. Look at their ST ad today. 1 whole page of a boy taking circle line. Doesnt show facilities, the huge tree, landscaping nor anything about the project at all. Pathetic. Even China Developer riversound has better ads.

Yea FEO is good at marketing. Launch WT at 1k-1.1k psf then shoot up daily. Makes ur heart and finger itchy as if you already miss the cheap boat. :cheers5:

Bartley has (only) 2 selling points, MRT and Maris Stella, so they show a boy in school uniform in the MRT. It is a yawn.

price
21-03-12, 11:16
Bartley has (only) 2 selling points, MRT and Maris Stella, so they show a boy in school uniform in the MRT. It is a yawn.

u forgot about the tree.

Ilikeu
21-03-12, 11:39
u forgot about the tree.

I would not pay a dollar more in psf or quantum for that tree. If the tree is gone, it may actually be more sellable for the lower floor units facing the tree. That tree is blocking the view of so many units.

Noexit
26-03-12, 21:45
It will launch on July QUOTE=alamak]Anybody know when is the launch or soft launch or VIP viewing if any ??

TIA.[/QUOTE]

azeoprop
26-03-12, 22:55
Floor plans here:
http://www.8riversuites.com/

click on the site plan for the pop up.

chanbi
27-03-12, 08:55
Amazing.. Nowadays the aircon ledge is as big as the balcony or bedroom. Seriously question the rationale? A 3bedroom unit will still be using 2 compressors? What has change? I am really disappointed that KBW did not do anything about it..

price
27-03-12, 09:58
Amazing.. Nowadays the aircon ledge is as big as the balcony or bedroom. Seriously question the rationale? A 3bedroom unit will still be using 2 compressors? What has change? I am really disappointed that KBW did not do anything about it..

It's free space for the developer wat. Why not cash in and maximise profit? buyers are paying for such space anyways.

Noexit
27-03-12, 10:31
After seeing the showroom picture . Abit disappointing QUOTE=azeoprop]Floor plans here:
http://www.8riversuites.com/

click on the site plan for the pop up.[/QUOTE]

price
27-03-12, 11:16
Ya, even Malaysia's SP got nicer showroom :(

azeoprop
30-03-12, 09:13
Launch is 21st april. The 1 bedroom loft is very nice though haa haa....:rolleyes:

price
30-03-12, 09:16
Launch is 21st april. The 1 bedroom loft is very nice though haa haa....:rolleyes:
Yep, love the loft units but hopefully quantum is not sky high

devilplate
30-03-12, 09:26
Yep, love the loft units but hopefully quantum is not sky high
nice meh?

smallish unit better dun go for loft.....the staircase oredi takes up too much space making the living and dining so cramp

price
30-03-12, 09:34
nice meh?

smallish unit better dun go for loft.....the staircase oredi takes up too much space making the living and dining so cramp

Ya lar, for investment and rental should still go for the lowest quantum 1 bedder

Noexit
30-03-12, 11:27
Wow that a good points! Such concept is temporary only but after staying it, climbing the stairs will get super sianz and tiring to maintain it, jus imagine getting just a glass of water or checking on the stove.

nice meh?

carbuncle
05-04-12, 19:38
If I not wrong the 818sf included the Void airspace also....

insigina
05-04-12, 20:06
Mostly west facing leh...it will be hot!

azeoprop
10-04-12, 21:22
The 2+s and 3 bedroom layout seems quite ok, except for the ultra big a/c ledge. :beats-me-man:

ecimbew
10-04-12, 22:19
North-East (back)
South-West (front)

http://www.eight8riversuites.com/uploads/1/1/3/2/11320139/4278765.jpg

price
11-04-12, 08:37
The 2+s and 3 bedroom layout seems quite ok, except for the ultra big a/c ledge. :beats-me-man:

the 2+s, front door portion size could be used for a +1 for MM projects! hahaha and the walkway to ur bed @ the master bed room is another wastage!

azeoprop
15-04-12, 19:54
More bto around the area to be launched in May. :scared-3:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatFlatsonOffer?OpenDocument

timmy
15-04-12, 23:38
[QUOTE=azeoprop]More bto around the area to be launched in May. :scared-3:

The bto are in better locations - nearer to mrt and one near both boon keng n bendemeer station..

timmy
15-04-12, 23:42
Developer better give deep discount if it wants to move units. The hdb upgraders and young couples in the area will just go for the hdb bto flats. The investors will go for the FH ones.

price
15-04-12, 23:51
Developer better give deep discount if it wants to move units. The hdb upgraders and young couples in the area will just go for the hdb bto flats. The investors will go for the FH ones.
Hahaha what a joke. Ur really funny.

timmy
16-04-12, 14:54
Hahaha what a joke. Ur really funny.

share your take on impact of the bto flats then

price
16-04-12, 16:45

Just because BTO are coming out in the same area as this development investors will move to nearby FH? how does this gel? HDB upgraders upgrade to HDB BTO? Young couples who were eyeing on condo move to their choices to BTO? :scared-5:

price
18-04-12, 08:31
Launching soon! cant wait :D:santana:

Noexit
18-04-12, 20:36
Hope you have the unit you want . All the best

jefflee
19-04-12, 16:49
It seems that whichever apartment unit you choose, you will either get the morning sun or afternoon sun shining through your bedroom/ living room windows.

carbuncle
19-04-12, 17:13
It seems that whichever apartment unit you choose, you will either get the morning sun or afternoon sun shining through your bedroom/ living room windows.
The sun path is not fixed in a straight line throughout the year. Bit of sun is good. Inside not so damp.... This applies to everything. Anything damp inside is not good lol

speculator
19-04-12, 20:29

drove past yesterday. the show flat is ready. lighting all turned on

azeoprop
19-04-12, 20:44
Some floorplans and siteplan for your viewing. :o

maisonjai
19-04-12, 20:59
The layouts decent but the dual key's studio unit no access to washer, hand wash?

timmy
19-04-12, 23:52
Woohoo.. Ave price $1.4 to $1.5k :) for this kind of price, u can get a newly launched FH property across the road.

mantrix
20-04-12, 00:06
you can get smart suites @ aljunied FH next to Aljunied MRT for 1400+psf...last 1+1 (452 sq ft) at 633K left...:cheers2:

price
20-04-12, 00:09
This will be a complete sellout!:D :cheers2:

insigina
20-04-12, 00:14
Woohoo.. Ave price $1.4 to $1.5k :) for this kind of price, u can get a newly launched FH property across the road.

Makes Sky Habitat very competitive

hyenergix
20-04-12, 05:52
About 350 m walk to MRT or food center/market. Location is not too bad but if really $1400 psf, then it is very expensive. NE facing, so the units will be a little hot in the morning.

Noexit
20-04-12, 07:30
Agree with you .

phantom_opera
20-04-12, 09:57
There is a repricing of risk by developers ... up

Looks like CM5 only prove one thing, the property bubble is nothing to do with foreigners, at least for RCR/OCR

jefflee
20-04-12, 11:27
I was told by the DTZ agents that the average pricing is about $1250-$1300 psf.

timmy
21-04-12, 10:17
I was told by the DTZ agents that the average pricing is about $1250-$1300 psf.

That was before SH was launched. Explains why UE keeps postponing the launch. They are just waiting for the benchmark price to be set by SH.

espeyap
21-04-12, 13:18
That was before SH was launched. Explains why UE keeps postponing the launch. They are just waiting for the benchmark price to be set by SH.

3/4-May - Soft launch
5-May - for public

Pricng is around 1300 to 1400 psft.
Info from agent this morning.

fiat500
21-04-12, 13:30
3/4-May - Soft launch
5-May - for public

Most likely this 1 will not sell so well.
Too expensive.

jefflee
21-04-12, 13:58
yeah, if it is 1300-1400, will not consider to buy. just too expensive.

price
21-04-12, 15:44
Most likely this 1 will not sell so well.
Too expensive.
It will be the top project for May. :D:cheers5:

price
21-04-12, 15:49
yeah, if it is 1300-1400, will not consider to buy. just too expensive.

6mins to Orchard, <5mins walk to MRT. City Fringe. Expensive? What about SH, KR, WT???

Prices after discount are from 1kpsf - 1.2kpsf. lower than Bartley.

DC33_2008
21-04-12, 15:50
Giving a discount of 15-20% of the listed price may be attractive.
3/4-May - Soft launch
5-May - for public

timmy
21-04-12, 15:59
6mins to Orchard, <5mins walk to MRT. City Fringe. Expensive? What about SH, KR, WT???

Are u serious? Given the land price developer paid, how to sell at 1kpsf?

timmy
21-04-12, 16:16
Based on latest sales briefing, a mid-floor 3-bedder unit (L15) cost $1450 psf.

carbuncle
21-04-12, 16:30

Sounds like you buying bro? :-D

Noexit
21-04-12, 17:19
Sound like u are buying too

showa8
21-04-12, 18:09
much better location than bartley, WT, Bishan etc...at least it's within Central Region and conviently located from CBD or Town area. For your info, Central Region terminates at Woodleigh.

price
21-04-12, 19:40
Sounds like you buying bro? :-D
I wish bro. If i had more Vit M. I live near this area. Maybe my thoughts are biased. But I've been to bishan, tpy a lot all my life, I feel the convenience of D12/13 is really cool. Esp along the NEL stretch.

I'm sure this is a good buy if reasonably priced. there's a nearby DBSS which TOP not too long ago. they'll will see high profits after their MOP.

insigina
21-04-12, 20:44
I wish bro. If i had more Vit M. I live near this area. Maybe my thoughts are biased. But I've been to bishan, tpy a lot all my life, I feel the convenience of D12/13 is really cool. Esp along the NEL stretch.

I'm sure this is a good buy if reasonably priced. there's a nearby DBSS which TOP not too long ago. they'll will see high profits after their MOP.

If 1250 to 1300 is attractive. I like the location too but the 4 bedder I am keen on is almost directly facing west:doh:

aneegin
27-04-12, 21:00
So when is the launch date?

azeoprop
27-04-12, 22:40
Based on latest sales briefing, a mid-floor 3-bedder unit (L15) cost $1450 psf.

979sqft x 1450 = $1 419 550 :scared-1: :scared-1:

kane
28-04-12, 00:34
that use to be the price of a 4 bed. now can only buy 3 bed...

fclim
28-04-12, 00:48
that use to be the price of a 4 bed. now can only buy 3 bed...

That's becos 4 beds were 1450 sq ft and $979psf. Haha.

CitySq Res, FH, Mall + MRT better buy than this?:beats-me-man:

kane
28-04-12, 00:53

hahaha, good one! yeah, they just flipped it around.

jefflee
28-04-12, 00:59
3 and 4 May VVIP Launch date. 5 May public launch.

hyenergix
28-04-12, 07:11
979sqft x 1450 = $1 419 550 :scared-1: :scared-1:

There is something odd about this mini-boom of property prices bcoz it is going up too fast. Even my estimate of impact of rising COEs doesn't seem to support this kind of price. I would term it as a bubble.

kane
28-04-12, 07:18
But COE is more of an expense. And it has gone up 10x in the last few years.

showa8
28-04-12, 23:39

CitySq Res, FH, Mall + MRT better buy than this?:beats-me-man:

Getting City Square Res @ $1450psf? Then u have to turn back the clock to 2 years back, bro!:doh:

fclim
29-04-12, 01:00
Getting City Square Res @ $1450psf? Then u have to turn back the clock to 2 years back, bro!:doh:

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,250,000 840 Strata 1,489 Dec-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,748,700 1,206 Strata 1,451 Dec-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 2,000,000 1,518 Strata 1,318 Nov-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 850,000 570 Strata 1,490 Jan-12

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,700,000 1,216 Strata 1,398 Feb-12

carbuncle
29-04-12, 12:35
Site plans and layouts out in propertyguru. The 441sf looks decent. And all blocks staggered so wont look into anyone of the neighbours.

sh
29-04-12, 12:43
CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,250,000 840 Strata 1,489 Dec-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,748,700 1,206 Strata 1,451 Dec-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 2,000,000 1,518 Strata 1,318 Nov-11

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 850,000 570 Strata 1,490 Jan-12

CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES* KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,700,000 1,216 Strata 1,398 Feb-12

Thats a no brainer right? FH against LH, next to mall against far far away, next to MRT too.... At the same price, just because it's new?

fclim
29-04-12, 17:54
Thats a no brainer right? FH against LH, next to mall against far far away, next to MRT too.... At the same price, just because it's new?

So easy meh? Then you have to ask why it is not selling at a higher price than it should. Ahpunehneh?

sh
29-04-12, 18:08
So easy meh? Then you have to ask why it is not selling at a higher price than it should. Ahpunehneh?

Say what you want, ahpunehneh or otherwise. Selling at lower price has it's advantages. Rental yield is pretty good looking at property guru for a FH property. The tenants doesn't seem to mind.:)

insigina
29-04-12, 18:47
Site plans and layouts out in propertyguru. The 441sf looks decent. And all blocks staggered so wont look into anyone of the neighbours.

Make sure to avoid the front facing units unless you don't mind west sun.

Noexit
29-04-12, 23:56
Wonder any property expert here to enlighten me.

It seen like those older project last time at this area was bought last time from $400-$600/psf, if that is the case, will ppls who are interested to get a property in this area to buy those older project then this project especially those older project are now selling ard $1000-$1200/psf and mostly are freehold with so much lower in term of cost $/psf as compare to this project which is estimated to sell at $1400/psf.

Event I buy this project today at $1400/psf, in future I will had to sell at $1600/psf in order to make profit, will I had a problem selling especially of the low cost of the surrounding project especially they are freehold compare to this project which is 99 years.

Do ignore my ignorance but I am such most new house owners will have this question in mind before they decide on the purchase and I am sure everyone hope their property make $$$ too.

alamak
01-05-12, 09:40
Wonder any property expert here to enlighten me.

It seen like those older project last time at this area was bought last time from $400-$600/psf, if that is the case, will ppls who are interested to get a property in this area to buy those older project then this project especially those older project are now selling ard $1000-$1200/psf and mostly are freehold with so much lower in term of cost $/psf as compare to this project which is estimated to sell at $1400/psf.

Event I buy this project today at $1400/psf, in future I will had to sell at $1600/psf in order to make profit, will I had a problem selling especially of the low cost of the surrounding project especially they are freehold compare to this project which is 99 years.

Do ignore my ignorance but I am such most new house owners will have this question in mind before they decide on the purchase and I am sure everyone hope their property make $$$ too.

Absolutely correct !! No brainer. If gege must buy .. buy the old freehold PC at $1200 psf. Beside cheaper psf, the old layout are always better, the living space and environment not so cramp n squeezy ... all the reason being FH .. beat 99LH all the way ...

Noexit
01-05-12, 12:55
Worst of all the more i think of this project, the only good thing is just near MRT, worst of all this a big project, in future if I want to sell, I will need to fight with so many other units unlike those single storey condo/apartment, lesser units and easlier to sell too.

Absolutely correct !! No brainer. If gege must buy .. buy the old freehold PC at $1200 psf. Beside cheaper psf, the old layout are always better, the living space and environment not so cramp n squeezy ... all the reason being FH .. beat 99LH all the way ...

price
01-05-12, 13:25
Worst of all the more i think of this project, the only good thing is just near MRT, worst of all this a big project, in future if I want to sell, I will need to fight with so many other units unlike those single storey condo/apartment, lesser units and easlier to sell too.
so Riviera 38 is the best :D

Noexit
01-05-12, 13:51
I can only say there is no good or bad property. Is the price and comparsion of the surrounding project that attached the buyers and personal feeling and love for the project, else why HDB can sell up to over 900k. If that buyer is rich n love the project, any amount am sure they will be willing to pay if they love the project.

so Riviera 38 is the best :D

showa8
01-05-12, 23:06

These are very low floor units and are already a few months back. Most are large units , and check out those quantums...

fclim
02-05-12, 00:35
These are very low floor units and are already a few months back. Most are large units , and check out those quantums...

Haarlow... You said CitySq res to sell at $1450psf got to turn the clock 2 years back. I proved to you it is not so. Now you twist and turn. Admit you were wrong lah...:doh:

fclim
02-05-12, 08:46

Deleted post

carbuncle
02-05-12, 11:44
Haarlow... You said CitySq res to sell at $1450psf got to turn the clock 2 years back. I proved to you it is not so. Now you twist and turn. Admit you were wrong lah...:doh:
It is undervalued indeed!!!!!!

price
02-05-12, 11:51
It is undervalued indeed!!!!!!
it'll soar even higher after GV is complete

carbuncle
02-05-12, 12:27
it'll soar even higher after GV is complete
GV? What da?

price
02-05-12, 14:04
GV? What da?
Golden Village lor. @ City Sq :D:cheers5:

carbuncle
02-05-12, 15:04
Golden Village lor. @ City Sq :D:cheers5:
Oh is it... Show what da... Bollywood and Kollywood movies? Would be so Kool da...

price
02-05-12, 15:32
Oh is it... Show what da... Bollywood and Kollywood movies? Would be so Kool da...

deh why u talk like tat da? show hollywood movies da. no bollywood. wakakak

Noexit
03-05-12, 10:15
Wow look like this forum become CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES project liao :cheers4:

insigina
04-05-12, 10:27
Anyone know whether their preview started? How's the take-up?

price
04-05-12, 11:21
preview tmr

phantom_opera
04-05-12, 11:32
One is 8 River Suite near MRT, one is River Isles at Punggol 1.5km from MRT

Both 1br is 41sqm

One is rumored to be 800psf @ 3XXk, one is advertised to be 1400psf @ 6XXk

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9619152/for-sale-eight-riversuites

Which one would you choose? Which one makes more investment sense ...

Given unlimited money ... buy both :tongue3: :p

price
04-05-12, 11:44

Both 1br is 41sqm

City fringe 5 mins to mrt vs ulu ulu. simple choice!

carbuncle
04-05-12, 11:56

Both 1br is 41sqm

Obviously River Isles. You already win gain of few hundred psf vs other projects around. 8riversuites is future priced. Limited upside as no more new development in the area liao. Fly over also completed. Long kang also done liao. Last of the Mohicans around Bendemeer....

price
04-05-12, 12:01
Obviously River Isles. You already win gain of few hundred psf vs other projects around. 8riversuites is future priced. Limited upside as no more new development in the area liao. Fly over also completed. Long kang also done liao. Last of the Mohicans around Bendemeer....
haha but he asked which 1 will u choose if u have unlimited money.

if i had unlimited money i wont choose either :D dont need to invest in property liao. stay in GCB retire.

carbuncle
04-05-12, 12:11
haha but he asked which 1 will u choose if u have unlimited money.

if i had unlimited money i wont choose either :D dont need to invest in property liao. stay in GCB retire.
Exactly. Unlimited I will buy up one whole tower of Reflections and give all the seniors here one unit each.... Then they can talk cock in the sky garden everyday no need come here be frustrated with rude n00b DEMANDING for advice

price
04-05-12, 13:47
Exactly. Unlimited I will buy up one whole tower of Reflections and give all the seniors here one unit each.... Then they can talk cock in the sky garden everyday no need come here be frustrated with rude n00b DEMANDING for advice
haha can i have 1 penthouse? :D:spliff:

carbuncle
04-05-12, 14:16
haha can i have 1 penthouse? :D:spliff:

U wait la... DKSG boyboy first... I can offer you what is BELOW HIM... or BEHIND wakakka

fclim
04-05-12, 15:26
U wait la... DKSG boyboy first... I can offer you what is BELOW HIM... or BEHIND wakakka

It comes with a ....PRICE. whahaha...

price
04-05-12, 15:57
can lar! as long as it's free why not!? wakakkaa

phantom_opera
04-05-12, 16:48
nowadays the condo block to block distance is so near that even DBSS looks more spacious :doh:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/3/9/7/4/39747820114102_1_V550.jpg

maisonjai
04-05-12, 17:15
ATT the distance between the opposite blocks ~20m, like the TV ad tie a helium balloon & pass the chocolate over to that meimei.

jefflee
04-05-12, 21:40
Based on yesterday's preview, about 100 odd units taken up. Not sure about today though. Tomorrow will be the public launch.

maisonjai
04-05-12, 22:10
Sideliners all coming out in full force ??? :confused:

Even yowetan & redha gg to showhand liao.

dtrax
04-05-12, 22:13
all showhand riaox?

DC33_2008
05-05-12, 14:40
Any updates on this project?

timmy
05-05-12, 16:58
Any updates on this project?

Show flat was crowded this morning. According to agent, sales will likely exceed SH in the initial weekend. As of yesterday 100 plus sold.

DC33_2008
05-05-12, 17:04
What is the $psf for two bedders?
Show flat was crowded this morning. According to agent, sales will likely exceed SH in the initial weekend. As of yesterday 100 plus sold.

timmy
05-05-12, 17:51
What is the $psf for two bedders?

Around $1400 for mid floor.

carbuncle
05-05-12, 18:07
CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

timmy
05-05-12, 21:17
CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Problem is URA's index show a decline. So hard for them to justify CM.

timmy
05-05-12, 21:20
Sideliners all coming out in full force ??? :confused:

Even yowetan & redha gg to showhand liao.

Wonder if the 90 million facelift for whampoa will be a boost to prices?

maisonjai
05-05-12, 22:13
Wonder if the 90 million facelift for whampoa will be a boost to prices?
How much a makeover can boost that i am not sure but more pricey projs like SH & KR will boost others for sure. ;)

zeamybro
05-05-12, 22:55
2 of the blocks (Blk 6 and 8) are already released. I see a lot of orange stickers pasted on the units, so i guess the take up rate is pretty good.

Finishings is quite pathetic though, and city facing units kena almost direct west sun. But i love the location, very near to Boon Keng Market (with lotsa good food) + other shops, and the MRT is one stop away from City Sq and a few stops from Dhoby Ghaut =)

timmy
05-05-12, 23:45
[QUOTE=zeamybro]2 of the blocks (Blk 6 and 8) are already released. I see a lot of orange stickers pasted on the units, so i guess the take up rate is pretty good.

Finishings is quite pathetic though, and city facing units kena almost direct west sun. But i love the location, very near to Boon Keng Market (with lotsa good food) + other shops, and the MRT is one stop away from City Sq and a few stops from Dhoby Ghaut =)[/QUOTE

Actually I find the finishing not bad. Got Marble floor plus timber bedroom floor.

price
06-05-12, 11:55
Prices for 1 bedders starts from $560k, $1.2k psf Stacks 20 and 21 (Facing small pool/tennis court/multi-storey carpark).

Options are flying everywhere early morning! Nearing 200 units sold. City-View units are being snapped up quickly :scared-4:

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 11:57
Prices for 1 bedders starts from $560k, $1.2k psf Stacks 20 and 21 (Facing small pool/tennis court/multi-storey carpark).

Options are flying everywhere early morning! Nearing 200 units sold. City-View units are being snapped up quickly :scared-4:

OMG are you serious, MSCP? 1.2kpsf @ 560k is cheap but it depends on how far it is from MSCP :mad:

price
06-05-12, 12:13
OMG are you serious, MSCP? 1.2kpsf @ 560k is cheap but it depends on how far it is from MSCP :mad:

Yes, i wonder why their big signboard states priced from 598k.

Depends lar, if u are choosing those above 10 floor City view, they start from 620k ish. For me, since it's just a 1 bedder, go for the lowest quantum.

Stack 4 is not too bad since above Carpark, starts from level 7 onwards (Will over look the school and should have an unblocked view on potong pasir area). There's only 1 Stack of 1 bedders facing the city which is almost fully taken up.

price
06-05-12, 12:16
Negligible i guess? :beats-me-man: From the Show model it looks pretty near but there's actually a walding pool in between. I guess it's either get 7 floor and above or very low 2nd/3rd at least u get a decent pool view. There may be lack of sunlight though since the MSCP is blocking?:beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 12:18
Let me confirm again, this project has MSCP?? It is already jam-packed with 883 units in 200,000 sqft land ... in comparison, ATT is 300,000 sqft with around the same # of units

I cannot imagine a project 200k sqft with 883 units with MSCP occupying the precious land, the tiny pool is probably not enough for all condo residents already

How high is the MSCP? 7th floor :simmering:

The only difference between this and D Leedon is D Leedon has 4X more land, if you are paying 1400psf for high floors city view, D Leedon is 4x better :p

And lowest quantum is 598k or 560k ? This seems to be the only thing that it sells better than D Leedon :tongue3:

WT & The Hiller buyers for 1br will feel like commit suicide now since this project selling 1br at 600k only

alamak
06-05-12, 12:33
Let me confirm again, this project has MSCP?? It is already jam-packed with 883 units in 200,000 sqft land ... in comparison, ATT is 300,000 sqft with around the same # of units

I cannot imagine a project 200k sqft with 883 units with MSCP occupying the precious land, the tiny pool is probably not enough for all condo residents already

The only difference between this and D Leedon is D Leedon has 4X more land, if you are paying 1400psf for high floors city view, D Leedon is 4x better :p

And lowest quantum is 598k or 560k ? This seems to be the only thing that it sells better than D Leedon :tongue3:

WT & The Hiller buyers for 1br will feel like commit suicide now since this project selling 1br at 600k only

" WT & The Hiller buyers for 1br will feel like commit suicide now since this project selling 1br at 600k only"

Absolutely. Double commiit suicide if they think if they can rent out easily. Competitors .Same for SH too !. How to compare ? - This one right in town, can see City skyline & fireworks anytime on 4 rooftop themes, 2 MRT stop to Dhobby Ghaut. . Agent can always easily sell rental by emphasing these points.

Buyers must always do homework !!! Not just rush in & give in to agents hard selling :banghead: :banghead:

price
06-05-12, 12:35

Yes, the land area is too little for the necessary number of parking lots. Hence they have got both MSCP and basement parking.

MSCP is 6 levels, lowest during VVIP on Friday was around 540-550k all snapped up already.

Yes i dont understand how is WT/Hiller is better than this. WT maybe due to integrated proj.

There're 3 swimming pools. the tiny 1 infront of the MSCP, a 50m lap pool and some tiny kids pool or smth

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 12:36
but 600k / 441sqft is 1361psf

recently a 8@W 1br transacted at 16XXpsf for 398sqft ...

nearest possible comparison, but along NEL

carbuncle
06-05-12, 12:41

Omg this is so cheap and undervalued.... Buybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuy then we can faster have our CMCMCMCMCM the weather too hot

price
06-05-12, 12:47

Ya, people are willing to pay so much more for ready projects. :doh: 8@W is 2 stops further from town! Boonkeng is barely 6mins to Orchard.

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 12:59
Anybody knows how much is 2br 699sqft and 2+S 807sqft say like > 12th storeys ??

Very tempted to go down to have a look :hell-hath-no-fury:

ABSD absorbed??

Xan
06-05-12, 14:06
" WT & The Hiller buyers for 1br will feel like commit suicide now since this project selling 1br at 600k only"

Absolutely. Double commiit suicide if they think if they can rent out easily. Competitors .Same for SH too !. How to compare ? - This one right in town, can see City skyline & fireworks anytime on 4 rooftop themes, 2 MRT stop to Dhobby Ghaut. . Agent can always easily sell rental by emphasing these points.

Buyers must always do homework !!! Not just rush in & give in to agents hard selling :banghead: :banghead:
I really feel like comitting suicide after seeing this boon keng dev 1 bedder launch at 1360psf with living space only 441sqft with 7 mins walk to mrt expose under sun, and in boon keng this kinda old area with nothing much around in its vincinity. I regret not buyin.g 2 units in WT when launch at 10xx sqft surrounded by malls, cinema, recreation parks and mrt.

alamak
06-05-12, 14:23
I really feel like comitting suicide after seeing this boon keng dev 1 bedder launch at 1360psf with living space only 441sqft with 7 mins walk to mrt expose under sun, and in boon keng this kinda old area with nothing much around in its vincinity. I regret not buyin.g 2 units in WT when launch at 10xx sqft surrounded by malls, cinema, recreation parks and mrt.
Ha Ha ..do you think any propective tenants are williing to squeeze another half an hour, additional ten MRT stn squeeze ride ???

Xan
06-05-12, 14:39
Ha Ha ..do you think any propective tenants are williing to squeeze another half an hour, additional ten MRT stn squeeze ride ???
I just know that most people did their homework. Personal choice is based on personal needs and preference. different people has their reasons to decide whether a development got its potrntial or not. Think your statement is too judgemental. I believe no one commit suicide once their decision and analysis is made. Feel that u dont have to say until like that. One thing for sure is not everyone will want to rent boon keng this kinda area. Definitely not for me :)
Diff project will attract diff grps of buyers.

Xan
06-05-12, 14:46
If u gonna ask me, then riveria38 is a better buy than this in my personal opinion. This one is only slightly more superior in terms of location compared to R38 but R38 is a 999 yr and is cheaper. However im not going to condemn any buyers who choose to buy this as everyone are entitled to their choice and opinion.

carbuncle
06-05-12, 15:01
If u gonna ask me, then riveria38 is a better buy than this in my personal opinion. This one is only slightly more superior in terms of location compared to R38 but R38 is a 999 yr and is cheaper. However im not going to condemn any buyers who choose to buy this as everyone are entitled to their choice and opinion.
R38 is definitely super undervalued.

Xan
06-05-12, 15:09
Yes, R38 1 bedder starts from only 517k. Its definitely a good buy imo.
This also means R38 1 bedder is abt 80 to 90k cheaper comapred to this. For small quantum with a price tag of 90k diff... This is significant. Plus R38 is almost freehold

price
06-05-12, 18:17
Yes, R38 1 bedder starts from only 517k. Its definitely a good buy imo.
This also means R38 1 bedder is abt 80 to 90k cheaper comapred to this. For small quantum with a price tag of 90k diff... This is significant. Plus R38 is almost freehold

Bro Xan,

No offence but i realised 1 thing about ur arguments. You like to exaggerated things (positive or negative) to make ur own claim sound better.

350meters 7mins I guess is the max it'll take. normal speed should take about 5mins. But lets put this aside.

Indeed R38 is relatively "cheap" to compared with this. However it's probably an additional 10mins walk away. In total probably 15 or more to BK MRT. 1 bedders are for rental. how many gonna choose that much of a distance vs. 5mins?

You took 517k as the lowest quantum in that project to compare with? 80-90k = 620k? I was there at the showflat this morning and 1 bedders went as low as 560k today. On VVIP day (Friday), there were lower floors sold for 540-550k. Thats merely a 20-30k difference not 80-90:doh:

Haha but anyway, I do that too at times. to talk down something, one will exaggerate its negative points and keep the positive ones minimal. What about R38 not having full condo facilities, more than 5 Sky gardens for residents to have BBQ on 28/29th floor while admiring the city view?

Always remember when buying for own stay and investment one should take very different considerations. Your tenant don't bother whether it's 999 years or 99 years. All that matters is what is he getting for that amount of rental he is paying. If both @ 2.5k pm, which will u rent? I'd take the 1 with a huge pool, gym, sky garden, tennis court etc. Ultimately as a tenant im "paying" the maintenance fees for my landlord.

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 18:50
Went down, u must pay Absd on top of price, a 13th floor city view west sun unit is 618k plus normal stamp duty plus absd, 1400+Psf, there is another jump beyond 17 floor I was told

Don't ever think about using the facilities in this project. Once Top this will be another city sq residences full of tourists, short term stay

The layout is efficient, marble flooring at living room but bathroom is a letdown
Freebies like fridge, oven thrown in to attract investors

The Mscp is huge, make the whole project like sengkang hdb

One br loft about 1m, 700sqft 2br abt 950k

This project is purely for investors who want to manage short term leases or singles who dun care about quality of life, absolutely not for family stay

Finally we reach Hong kong standard of paxking humans

price
06-05-12, 18:56
Went down, u must pay Absd on top of price, a 13th floor city view west sun unit is 618k plus normal stamp duty plus absd, 1400+Psf, there is another jump beyond 17 floor I was told

Don't ever think about using the facilities in this project. Once Top this will be another city sq residences full of tourists, short term stay

The layout is efficient, marble flooring at living room but bathroom is a letdown
Freebies like fridge, oven thrown in to attract investors

The Mscp is huge, make the whole project like sengkang hdb

One br loft about 1m, 700sqft 2br abt 950k

This project is purely for investors who want to manage short term leases or singles who dun care about quality of life, absolutely not for family stay

Finally we reach Hong kong standard of paxking humans

Lol Seng Kang HDB. Was told developer wanna minimise the basement parking to TOP faster by building MSCP. Is that true?

Noexit
06-05-12, 19:05
Rental is part of the investment will need to take into consideration but infuture when U needed to sell will have a bigger problem as there is so many FHproject around this 99 years project consider the price of the FH project inthis area is either lower or slightly higher then this project am sure investmentwill be more interested on the FH. As such, there so many units in this projectwill post another headache to sell in future.

Bro Xan had his good view on the price and I was at the showroom too, andwhenever the buyer ask the agent ask about the high price, they will say aboutthe distance from MRT is near, but I think such is a very lousy explanation.
Best of all, I heard a auntie arguing with the agentthere saying that she just bough Regent Residence with the same level and samedistance from MRT and $/psf same for his two bedder but she is having a FH property!!!!

Bro Xan,

No offence but i realised 1 thing about ur arguments. You like to exaggerated things (positive or negative) to make ur own claim sound better.

350meters 7mins I guess is the max it'll take. normal speed should take about 5mins. But lets put this aside.

Indeed R38 is relatively "cheap" to compared with this. However it's probably an additional 10mins walk away. In total probably 15 or more to BK MRT. 1 bedders are for rental. how many gonna choose that much of a distance vs. 5mins?

You took 517k as the lowest quantum in that project to compare with? 80-90k = 620k? I was there at the showflat this morning and 1 bedders went as low as 560k today. On VVIP day (Friday), there were lower floors sold for 540-550k. Thats merely a 20-30k difference not 80-90:doh:

Haha but anyway, I do that too at times. to talk down something, one will exaggerate its negative points and keep the positive ones minimal. What about R38 not having full condo facilities, more than 5 Sky gardens for residents to have BBQ on 28/29th floor while admiring the city view?

Always remember when buying for own stay and investment one should take very different considerations. Your tenant don't bother whether it's 999 years or 99 years. All that matters is what is he getting for that amount of rental he is paying. If both @ 2.5k pm, which will u rent? I'd take the 1 with a huge pool, gym, sky garden, tennis court etc. Ultimately as a tenant im "paying" the maintenance fees for my landlord.

timmy
06-05-12, 19:05
Lol Seng Kang HDB. Was told developer wanna minimise the basement parking to TOP faster by building MSCP. Is that true?

I believe it's cos mrt tunnels running underneath.

price
06-05-12, 19:08
Rental is part of the investment will need to take into consideration but infuture when U needed to sell will have a bigger problem as there is so many FHproject around this 99 years project consider the price of the FH project inthis area is either lower or slightly higher then this project am sure investmentwill be more interested on the FH. As such, there so many units in this projectwill post another headache to sell in future.

Bro Xan had his good view on the price and I was at the showroom too, andwhenever the buyer ask the agent ask about the high price, they will say aboutthe distance from MRT is near, but I think such is a very lousy explanation.
Best of all, I heard a auntie arguing with the agentthere saying that she just bough Regent Residence with the same level and samedistance from MRT and $/psf same for his two bedder but she is having a FH property!!!!

I agree if given a choice, i'll choose RR over R38 or this. The auntie exaggerate like bro Xan here lah. RR is slightly further. But R38 is the furthest. Non of these 999/FH projects are full condo status/facilities though.

Yes indeed since all are around the 5xxk mark, FH/999 years more wu hua! :D:cheers5:

to each his own. So cheers and peaceout!

price
06-05-12, 19:10
I believe it's cos mrt tunnels running underneath.

Mrt tunnels are dug very very deep bro.

Noexit
06-05-12, 19:16
I think that auntie not exaggerating if, she is exaggerate, why the agent kept quite and never expained further to her. Think they running out reason for what i see then kept explaining to buyer about the MRT distance and good food ard this area.

I agree if given a choice, i'll choose RR over R38 or this. The auntie exaggerate like bro Xan here lah. RR is slightly further. But R38 is the furthest. Non of these 999/FH projects are full condo status/facilities though.

Yes indeed since all are around the 5xxk mark, FH/999 years more wu hua! :D:cheers5:

to each his own. So cheers and peaceout!

price
06-05-12, 19:23
I think that auntie not exaggerating if, she is exaggerate, why the agent kept quite and never expained further to her. Think they running out reason for what i see then kept explaining to buyer about the MRT distance and good food ard this area.

dude, u bought R38 right? u mean u dont know where is 8riversuites and RR? are they really of equal distance to the MRT? Be honest with urself.

Anyway dont wanna get too personal here. if u feel they are of equal distance then so be it. No point arguing about it here :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Noexit
06-05-12, 19:27
Which ever property i bought make no different to this arguement but is the distance from MRT the only important point for this project only? Anyway is up to buyer to decide after reading members comments here. I am sure these comments will benefit them with clearer understanding of what type of property they are purchasing here and the property market surrounding this project as well.

dude, u bought R38 right? u mean u dont know where is 8riversuites and RR? are they really of equal distance to the MRT? Be honest with urself.

Anyway dont wanna get too personal here. if u feel they are of equal distance then so be it. No point arguing about it here :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

price
06-05-12, 19:29
Which ever property i bought make no different to this arguement but is the distance from MRT the only important point for this project only? Anyway is up to buyer to decide after reading members comments here. I am sure these comments will benefit them with clearer understanding of what type of property they are purchasing here and the property market surrounding this project as well.

what im trying to say is that, if ur vested in this area, u should know it better than anyone who isnt.

im not here to discuss about measurements. anyway cheers and good luck to ur R38! hope it'll TOP soon! :D:D

Noexit
06-05-12, 19:33
Yup thanks. just sharing my 2cent :2cents: view on this property only lah, I did bought a few other properties in other districts and feel disappointed with this project that all.

what im trying to say is that, if ur vested in this area, u should know it better than anyone who isnt.

im not here to discuss about measurements. anyway cheers and good luck to ur R38! hope it'll TOP soon! :D:D

price
06-05-12, 19:34
http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Regent-Residences-Street-Map.jpg

In case u need to know and measure where is RR, Mar Thoma rd and Whampoa East.

price
06-05-12, 19:35
Yup thanks. just sharing my 2cent :2cents: view on this property only lah, I did bought a few other properties in other districts and feel disappointed with this project that all.

ya lar, 1.2-1.6k psf is still crazy for LH 99 years projects. but it's kinda the norm now. Look at SH and this will be cheap! haha cheers

Noexit
06-05-12, 19:41
Yup yup RR is just few steps away from Whampoa East. Anyway buyers nowadays are smart on their reserach and survery. They ever know more details before we realised it. :tongue3:

http://www.condoexpert.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Regent-Residences-Street-Map.jpg

In case u need to know and measure where is RR, Mar Thoma rd and Whampoa East.

Xan
06-05-12, 19:53
Bro Xan,

Hi Bro Price
Haha, you really so "gian" to hoot this project is it? No offence lah, sometimes when I like something, I will also be arguing my lungs out.

If given a choice, especially when both dev are quite near each other, you come and say FH vs LH got no difference? People usually pay a premium for a FH over LH. Now it is the other way when comparing 8R vs R38. Isnt this funny?

Sorry I didnt know the cheapest unit was 560k (was not in the vvvip preview, since I'm not interested in that boon keng area). Yesterday, I was driving from eminent plaza and pass by 8R, I saw the big banner stating starting from 590k. But you say this morning some agent quote you 560k, so I believe you or the banner? Most of the forumers also kenna quote 6xxk mah. So anyone can confirm this?

Anyway, chill lah, no need get so work up. This is not a bad project afterall, but just that 1300psf for me at Boon keng old estate sounds un-exciting lah. I am very familiar with the place because I go there very often, but not by choice. lol

Even if you had proven right that walking to mrt only takes 5 mins instead of 7 mins, I dont see much difference as your future possible tenant still got to walk that 5-7mins exposed under sun/rain. Esepcially when he is in his nice suit and tie, carrying a brief case walk under sun/rain for 5 or 7mins will still be very uncomfortable.

Anyway when caveat is lodge, a 8R 1 bedder will still be more expensive than a R38 1 bedder by at least 40 to 50k.
I know you are very interested in this 8R project, so guess you submitted cheque?

zeamybro
06-05-12, 19:59
The walk to mrt is almost completely sheltered walking along the void deck of Blk 34. I used to walk daily as I worked there last time. It's a v nice place

price
06-05-12, 19:59
Hi Bro Price
Haha, you really so "gian" to hoot this project is it? No offence lah, sometimes when I like something, I will also be arguing my lungs out.

If given a choice, especially when both dev are quite near each other, you come and say FH vs LH got no difference? People usually pay a premium for a FH over LH. Now it is the other way when comparing 8R vs R38. Isnt this funny?

Sorry I didnt know the cheapest unit was 560k (was not in the vvvip preview, since I'm not interested in that boon keng area). Yesterday, I was driving from eminent plaza and pass by 8R, I saw the big banner stating starting from 590k. But you say this morning some agent quote you 560k, so I believe you or the banner? Most of the forumers also kenna quote 6xxk mah. So anyone can confirm this?

Anyway, chill lah, no need get so work up. This is not a bad project afterall, but just that 1300psf for me at Boon keng old estate sounds un-exciting lah. I am very familiar with the place because I go there very often, but not by choice. lol

Even if you had proven right that walking to mrt only takes 5 mins instead of 7 mins, I dont see much difference as your future possible tenant still got to walk that 5-7mins exposed under sun/rain. Esepcially when he is in his nice suit and tie, carrying a brief case walk under sun/rain for 5 or 7mins will still be very uncomfortable.

Anyway when caveat is lodge, a 8R 1 bedder will still be more expensive than a R38 1 bedder by at least 40 to 50k.
I know you are very interested in this 8R project, so guess you submitted cheque?

No la not defending because im vested. Didnt buy this. Rather buy RR@530k than this honestly.

Arguing on facts thats all.

Xan
06-05-12, 20:05
No la not defending because im vested. Didnt buy this. Rather buy RR@530k than this honestly.

Frankly speaking, I go reccee RR, 8R, R38, because I see potential there as well.
Of coz best location is 8R (being nearest to mrt), but just buay song the rest are FH and this one LH.
Then that side not much amendities also lah. I know its near to boon keng market and there's also a boon tong kee at boon keng (but must walk), teck kee bao, the bua kua shop and the photo bridal shop. But RR like kenna squeeze in between the center.
That stretch also got one big longkang, like not very clean as well.
Boon keng is un-exciting, but near city, which is a plus. Still need to rely on transport.

Xan
06-05-12, 20:15

I am almost tempted to hoot R38 due to its price and 999yrs status. But wifey stopped me. lol.
One thing I suppose R38 better than RR is its view right? R38 offers unblocked view?

Noexit
06-05-12, 21:02
Almost completely shelter does not mean fully shelter especially there is a road needed to cross over to the project is not sheltered. Anyway that is not the main issues. Am sure there is some beauty of this project that attach its buyers.

The walk to mrt is almost completely sheltered walking along the void deck of Blk 34. I used to walk daily as I worked there last time. It's a v nice place

Xan
06-05-12, 21:05
Almost completely shelter does not mean fully shelter especially there is a road needed to cross over to the project is not sheltered. Anyway that is not the main issues. Am sure there is some beauty of this project that attach its buyers.

Is stamp duty absorbed when u buy R38?

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 21:06
market is always right ... let the market decide whether the ultimate winner is 8RS, RR or R38 ok ...

RR not sold out yet .. RR developer also a no-body??

Xan
06-05-12, 21:08
market is always right ... let the market decide whether the ultimate winner is 8RS, RR or R38 ok ...

You are in the 8R show flat today. Really the price starts from 560k? But how come banner states 590k onwards? Can Cfm?

Noexit
06-05-12, 21:09
This is the second property that i had bought in District 12, the price, layout and location is what attached me, anyway I like to find property in the reasonable residential area and etc. Anyway that my personal judgement, most important is to go to the actual site and get the feel. Another project which fetch me handsome profit, Grandeur 8, friends was laughting at me for burning money by buying a project with so many HDB around and a distance to MRT with the MRT noise along the track too.

Anyway what Ur say. :ashamed1: pal. Everyone had different judgement else why would HDB hitting 900k suddenly !

I am almost tempted to hoot R38 due to its price and 999yrs status. But wifey stopped me. lol.
One thing I suppose R38 better than RR is its view right? R38 offers unblocked view?

Xan
06-05-12, 21:11
This is the second property that i had bought in District 12, the price, layout and location is what attached me, anyway I like to find property in the reasonable residential area and etc. Anyway that my personal judgement, most important is to go to the actual site and get the feel. Another project which fetch me handsome profit, Grandeur 8, friends was laughting at me for burning money by buying a project with so many HDB around and a distance to MRT with the MRT noise along the track too.

Anyway what Ur say. :ashamed1: pal. Everyone had different judgement else why would HDB hitting 900k suddenly !

Don't worry bro, I personally think R38 can buy lah.

Noexit
06-05-12, 21:12
Anyway there is not winner or good or bad project lah. Just the holding power to wait for the right buyer with the smilar taste and judgement to buy only. Eventually after buying, owner must feel the comfort had joy for the project they pick :)

phantom_opera
06-05-12, 21:14
You are in the 8R show flat today. Really the price starts from 560k? But how come banner states 590k onwards? Can Cfm?

Possible because at 13th floor city facing it is 618k, take 6k off each floor ... the one facing north east / MSCP could be even cheaper

The MSCP completely turn me off ... at least WT. 8@W, RR, R38, Waterbank@Dakota is all basement carpark

Later this project will be known as "biggest MSCP condo of Singapore" :banghead:

showa8
06-05-12, 21:21

Check out One St Michael's, a FH projected completed in 2010 with full facilities just beside RR. The psf is very low.

Noexit
06-05-12, 21:34
Yes absorb . QUOTE=Xan]Is stamp duty absorbed when u buy R38?[/QUOTE]

ozcraze
07-05-12, 12:58

I tried seeing google map & even went to a nearby blk to chk out the possible view that the high floor 3 bedroom unit will get. But I don't seem to be able to get what the developer proclaimed -- marina financial district / flyer view.

Did I see wrongly or missed out on the angle? Any bros/sis expert in that area can comment? Tia!

alamak
07-05-12, 13:48
I tried seeing google map & even went to a nearby blk to chk out the possible view that the high floor 3 bedroom unit will get. But I don't seem to be able to get what the developer proclaimed -- marina financial district / flyer view.

Did I see wrongly or missed out on the angle? Any bros/sis expert in that area can comment? Tia!

S'pore Flyer/ Marina Bay Sands view is definitely blocked by 3 blks of 40 sty CityLights + Concourse. Should be able to see Sail, ORQ business district areas.

alamak
07-05-12, 14:02
Possible because at 13th floor city facing it is 618k, take 6k off each floor ... the one facing north east / MSCP could be even cheaper

The MSCP completely turn me off ... at least WT. 8@W, RR, R38, Waterbank@Dakota is all basement carpark

Later this project will be known as "biggest MSCP condo of Singapore" :banghead:

What's so bad about MSCP when you have 843 units ?.This is not the copycat HDB MSCP. Also the MSCP has good hanging landscrape n greenery which is done in very tasteful fashion. Sorry, I am not defending this project as I have no vested interest yet. Yes, to the few bro/sis, who qns about $560K unit, Yesterday I asked my agent n he confirm that unit still available , not sure now.

propertychap
07-05-12, 14:09
just back from the showflat. below 600K is for very low floor units.
but for investment is ok i guess. Is balestier a better location than this?

Xan
07-05-12, 14:14
just back from the showflat. below 600K is for very low floor units.
but for investment is ok i guess. Is balestier a better location than this?

So means that those 560k units are those very low floors and face MSCP?

price
07-05-12, 14:24
i dont understand why people doubt it when one says there were units for 560k?? lol:confused:

VVIP had units sold for 540k lowest. of course low floor units. cant expect high floor city view selling cheaper than low floor ones right

Xan
07-05-12, 14:36
i dont understand why people doubt it when one says there were units for 560k?? lol:confused:

VVIP had units sold for 540k lowest. of course low floor units. cant expect high floor city view selling cheaper than low floor ones right

Actually dont understand why u get so worked up when some people starts to ask in more detail and you took it so personal.
The reason why I ask is because R38 sold at 517k is a 11-15 floor. (who told you lowest floor must always be cheapest and must always launch in preview, some projects launch high floor during preview as well)

By comparing lowest R38 and 8R will give the people here a clearer picture.

If u take it so personal just because I disagree that 8R is better R38. U can ignore my post.

alamak
07-05-12, 14:44
Actually dont understand why u get so worked up when some people starts to ask in more detail and you took it so personal.
The reason why I ask is because R38 sold at 517k is a 11-15 floor. (who told you lowest floor must always be cheapest and must always launch in preview, some projects launch high floor during preview as well)

If u take it so personal just because I disagree that 8R is better R38. U can ignore my post.

I stay in the vincinity of Leicester rd. R38 is good for own stay ok lah but very difficult to convince tenants to walk the long and winding route ..day and nite ..jin jiak kan kioh ...

Xan
07-05-12, 14:46
I stay in the vincinity of Leicester rd. R38 is good for own stay ok lah but very difficult to convince tenants to walk the long and windy route ..day and nite ..jin jiak kan kioh ...

Its even more difficult to convince your future buyer to buy a LH property (8R) which is more expensive than a almost FH property (R38) when they are around that vincinity.

zeamybro
07-05-12, 14:49
I am not vested in this area as well, but just to share the amenities which could be found in the Boon Keng market vacinity:

Hawker centre with great foods, MacDonalds, KFC, UOB Bank, DSB Bank, POEMS, Watsons, 7-eleven, Bengawan Solo, Clinics, Saloon/barbers, mini-marts, medical stores, 4-D shop (LOL) and several others .... Quite a self sufficient centre :)

carbuncle
07-05-12, 14:51
I am not vested in this area as well, but just to share the amenities which could be found in the Boon Keng market vacinity:

Hawker centre with great foods, MacDonalds, KFC, UOB Bank, DSB Bank, POEMS, Watsons, 7-eleven, Bengawan Solo, Clinics, Saloon/barbers, mini-marts, medical stores, 4-D shop (LOL) and several others .... Quite a self sufficient centre :)

What a weird location to have POEMS

insigina
07-05-12, 14:58

The amenities are actually good for residents. Compared to those integrated with malls where you get expensive and lousy food court, retail shops you hardly patronize. The only "downside" to BK area is the lack of a supermarket. That would complete the list

zeamybro
07-05-12, 14:59
What a weird location to have POEMS

Uncle, initially i thought so too, but i learnt from friends that there are quite a number of units there (above the shophouses) which are rented to trading companies as offices ... i guess that also explains why the 2 banks are there

price
07-05-12, 15:02

bro when did i take it personal? haha i merely state that i did not understand. :doh: anyway i didnt say launches dun release high floor stacks.

alamak
07-05-12, 15:05
Its even more difficult to convince your future buyer to buy a LH property (8R) which is more expensive than a almost FH property (R38) when they are around that vincinity.

I understand where you are coming from. I stay in a FH and fully understand your sentiment on this issue. R38 is not too bad considering the location( dist 12 but accessibility a liitle bit of issue). Hence it is ok for own stay. But if it is for investment rental purpose, then accessibility and amenities are key consideration, never mind the LH or almost FH sentiment. There are'nt many FH or 999 LH and this always come at a premium. :D

zeamybro
07-05-12, 15:13

Bro Phantom, just a friendly correction, Waterbank@Dakota is also multi-storey carpark, in case you are keen in that project :)

MSCP for rentals shldnt be much an issue, esp for city-fringe projects which i assume most tenants would take MRT instead of driving, but for own-stay, basement carpark would definitely be better :)

carbuncle
07-05-12, 15:19
Uncle, initially i thought so too, but i learnt from friends that there are quite a number of units there (above the shophouses) which are rented to trading companies as offices ... i guess that also explains why the 2 banks are there

Ah tanks for enlightening ah boy

Xan
07-05-12, 15:20
I understand where you are coming from. I stay in a FH and fully understand your sentiment on this issue. R38 is not too bad considering the location( dist 12 but accessibility a liitle bit of issue). Hence it is ok for own stay. But if it is for investment rental purpose, then accessibility and amenities are key consideration, never mind the LH or almost FH sentiment. There are'nt many FH or 999 LH and this always come at a premium. :D

Ok, a pretty fair statement.
My take is investment or self stay always need to balance out in many aspects.
Cannot just see rental and ignore the future selling part.
Buying property is sentiment driven. Seriously like bro noexit had shared, I wouldnt be surprise those aunties/uncles starts to question for the FH/LH status. They might be your future buyers as these people are always the cash rich.

Xan
07-05-12, 15:23
Bro Phantom, just a friendly correction, Waterbank@Dakota is also multi-storey carpark, in case you are keen in that project :)

MSCP for rentals shldnt be much an issue, esp for city-fringe projects which i assume most tenants would take MRT instead of driving, but for own-stay, basement carpark would definitely be better :)

If the unit I'm going to rent faces the MSCP, I will mind honestly.
Some units in cote d'azure faces the parkway carpark is already a turn off.

zeamybro
07-05-12, 15:36
If the unit I'm going to rent faces the MSCP, I will mind honestly.
Some units in cote d'azure faces the parkway carpark is already a turn off.

Yeah me too, cant imagine staying in a unit that faces the MSCP everyday, haha.

But i guess investors who bought theseunits say at 50K cheaper, could afford to rent out at $200-300/mth cheaper, there will still be tenants who are willing to take up these units due to the proximity to the MRT/Town.

Anyway, my take is every project (or even every unit) has its own potential ie. if you buy high now, you sell high next time & if you buy low now, you sell low next time......

alamak
07-05-12, 16:01
Ok, a pretty fair statement.
My take is investment or self stay always need to balance out in many aspects.
Cannot just see rental and ignore the future selling part.
Buying property is sentiment driven. Seriously like bro noexit had shared, I wouldnt be surprise those aunties/uncles starts to question for the FH/LH status. They might be your future buyers as these people are always the cash rich.

The same cash rich uncle/aunties also will tell you " So far from main road..if no body drive me .. .MRT also so far away ...at nite or if raining ..so dark how to walk ? .. want to call taxi ..also so kan kiok ..taxi uncle also don't know where Mar Thomas Rd ?? in St Michael estate how ? how ?" They will ask this qn first before they think about the 99LH/999LH issue. Any way, I rest my case here. Cheers !!!

Xan
07-05-12, 16:42
The same cash rich uncle/aunties also will tell you " So far from main road..if no body drive me .. .MRT also so far away ...at nite or if raining ..so dark how to walk ? .. want to call taxi ..also so kan kiok ..taxi uncle also don't know where Mar Thomas Rd ?? in St Michael estate how ? how ?" They will ask this qn first before they think about the 99LH/999LH issue. Any way, I rest my case here. Cheers !!!

Yea, every project comes with some trade-off.
Anyway there is no lousy project there.
I think not many people touch the "hedge" for the same reason when it is surrounded by so many FH condos A-G. The stigma is always there.
Just trying to compare which one is more worth buying.
Shall not comment further and thanks for all the pricing info. Save my trip of going down to find out.
Cheers

dtrax
08-05-12, 09:24
UNITED Engineers is said to have sold about 200 units at its Eight Riversuites condo project in Whampoa near Boon Keng MRT Station, which previewed over the weekend, according to market reports.
Reports of the project's average price after discounts varied, with some suggesting it was around $1,300 psf, while others said it was closer to $1,400 psf. The company declined to comment.
Estimates of the number of units sold in the project, too, varied.
A UBS Investment Research report issued yesterday morning put the figure at "more than 200 units" and the average price at $1,400 psf after a 5 per cent early-bird discount.

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 09:33
Market is always right ... if really 200 units is way better than R38

Basically 8R is comparable to RR in terms of response

dtrax
08-05-12, 09:36
Market is always right ... if really 200 units is way better than R38

Basically 8R is comparable to RR in terms of response

cheap might not be gd? pple dun mind paying more for close to mrt so bo hiew R38?

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 09:39
cheap might not be gd? pple dun mind paying more for close to mrt so bo hiew R38?

Yeah ... rental is much more important ... R38 more own stay but you need 2 cars or two bikes :p

mshlin
08-05-12, 10:08
The amenities are actually good for residents. Compared to those integrated with malls where you get expensive and lousy food court, retail shops you hardly patronize. The only "downside" to BK area is the lack of a supermarket. That would complete the list

there is seng siong supermarket beside the upstream of the river. and NTUC fairprice at Kallang Bahru, downstream of the river (in the HDB estate behind the Kallang River Vista.

fclim
08-05-12, 10:19

R38 is really quite far in, along Mar Thoma Rd and next to the busy CTE slip road, without any amenities and near a temple. FH status is no longer highly featured in today's buying decisions.

ysyap
08-05-12, 10:23
The monthly maintenance fee for Eight Riversuites is relatively lower than most projects plus the proximity to MRT is ok ok and for drivers is the easy entry into PIE. Nothing else. The price for a 4 bedder is about $2mil. Can get a FH landed elsewhere. :cheers6:

insigina
08-05-12, 10:26
The monthly maintenance fee for Eight Riversuites is relatively lower than most projects plus the proximity to MRT is ok ok and for drivers is the easy entry into PIE. Nothing else. The price for a 4 bedder is about $2mil. Can get a FH landed elsewhere. :cheers6:

I was surprised the rooms are actually quite small. A single bed and you have hardly space for anything else. Also west facing:tsk-tsk:

ysyap
08-05-12, 10:31
I was surprised the rooms are actually quite small. A single bed and you have hardly space for anything else. Also west facing:tsk-tsk:Only the Master room can fit a queen size bed for 2, 3 and 4 bedders. The Junior Master for 4 bedder also can. All other room types are pathetic. Even the agent who served acknowledged that. I always believe that the house I buy must be functional. If the room is for one person, then maybe ok but if for 2 kids sharing one bedroom, then the kids can fly kite at their window already... not functional at all...

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 10:35
IMO, all the north / south facing 441sqft will be gone in 2 weeks, then followed by the 699sqft 2br @ 900+k

The rest cannot move

ysyap
08-05-12, 10:39
IMO, all the north / south facing 441sqft will be gone in 2 weeks, then followed by the 699sqft 2br @ 900+k

The rest cannot moveApparently there are still plenty of 1 and 2 bedders as of yesterday evening when I was there... $6xxk for 1 bedder and $9xx k for 2 bedders...

When agent said this project is iconic in this area coz no high rise buildings around. Further up is City View... :cheers6:

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 10:58
Apparently there are still plenty of 1 and 2 bedders as of yesterday evening when I was there... $6xxk for 1 bedder and $9xx k for 2 bedders...

When agent said this project is iconic in this area coz no high rise buildings around. Further up is City View... :cheers6:

Agent said above 17th floor, price starts to have huge jump per floor, that may deter buying for now ... the only cityview stack 1br seems like selling very well, when I was there 4-17th floors mostly sold

I was quoted 618k for 13th floor city view ... this project is ideal for B&B biz especially those lower floors facing pool / MSCP .. only 550k .. ideal for doing B&B or short term stay

ysyap
08-05-12, 11:07
Agent said above 17th floor, price starts to have huge jump per floor, that may deter buying for now ... the only cityview stack 1br seems like selling very well, when I was there 4-17th floors mostly sold

I was quoted 618k for 13th floor city view ... this project is ideal for B&B biz especially those lower floors facing pool / MSCP .. only 550k .. ideal for doing B&B or short term stayWah got $550k? Outside banner put big big $59xk!

carbuncle
08-05-12, 12:47

I was quoted 618k for 13th floor city view ... this project is ideal for B&B biz especially those lower floors facing pool / MSCP .. only 550k .. ideal for doing B&B or short term stay
Condo minimum 6 months stay otherwise is illegal.

price
08-05-12, 14:15

The rest cannot move
NS facing 1 bedders??? got meh?

price
08-05-12, 14:16
Wah got $550k? Outside banner put big big $59xk!
haha i keep posting here got 540k onwards ppl dont believe