PDA

View Full Version : Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Noexit
14-03-13, 11:14
What I could think of is nowadays ppls hardly cool at hm and want to have to make full use of the livable space. Open concept kitchen could make the whole place look bigger and only one disadvantage is still the heavy cooking would be harder here and traditional Chinese house owner might not like the concept as the door open to face stove is alway a bad fengshui. One thing that turn me off is the AC ledge is all over the whole unit which I think from outside look nice on the building facade but owners are wasting money to pay for these. I rem last time a agent told me that all the units are using a centralized air con system then in my mind why the need of AC ledge ? :doh:

I see an increasing trend of new developments with layouts where the kitchen is at the main entrance. Personally, I have no problem with it but I understand not all are like me.

Just curious why developers are increasingly adopting this design. Is it reflective of a new trend of preference, where more homebuyers are open to new living concepts? I mean, when I read renovation forum and there are discussions about premium luxury brand fridges being displayed in the living room near the door entrance, as a designer item akin to an expensive piece of furniture, it seems that the new living concept is catching on.

timmy
17-03-13, 09:38
What I could think of is nowadays ppls hardly cool at hm and want to have to make full use of the livable space. Open concept kitchen could make the whole place look bigger and only one disadvantage is still the heavy cooking would be harder here and traditional Chinese house owner might not like the concept as the door open to face stove is alway a bad fengshui. One thing that turn me off is the AC ledge is all over the whole unit which I think from outside look nice on the building facade but owners are wasting money to pay for these. I rem last time a agent told me that all the units are using a centralized air con system then in my mind why the need of AC ledge ? :doh:

Have to agree with you. Looking at Sennett's strong sales, and their use of open kitchen layout at entrance, my take is that people are becoming more accepting of this design. The AC ledge is indeed a waste of space, but most new developments have large AC ledge anyway, so buyers can only suck thumb.

timmy
17-03-13, 09:41
8RS is advertising its "2nd phase" of launch, trying to ride on the success of the Sennett. Wonder if it is enjoying any positive spillovers?

Garandbutt
26-03-13, 10:37
anyone know how's things going for 8RS? :cheers4:

Noexit
26-03-13, 15:29
455 Out of 862 sold.
About Half sold :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Garandbutt
26-03-13, 17:33
455 Out of 862 sold.
About Half sold :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

hmmmm :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

azeoprop
26-03-13, 20:52
Mainly the upper floor units with ultra high psf in the inventory. :scared-3:

KCT
28-03-13, 10:09
Found from property guru
Last 4 units of one bedroom :
#28-04
#28-14
#29-04
#29-05

Garandbutt
28-03-13, 10:37
Thanks for e update Noexit ñ KCT~!:)

KCT
28-03-13, 11:43
Mainly the upper floor units with ultra high psf in the inventory. :scared-3:
Comparing with nearby new launch ...
think 8RS price quite reasonable ,
United Engineers Developments Ltd (UE) had acquired this land parcel at the S$543 million (S$774 psf) ,
the breakeven cost should be around $1,200 psf.
There aren't many sites like this in GLS programme

timmy
29-03-13, 18:21
Comparing with nearby new launch ...
think 8RS price quite reasonable ,
United Engineers Developments Ltd (UE) had acquired this land parcel at the S$543 million (S$774 psf) ,
the breakeven cost should be around $1,200 psf.
There aren't many sites like this in GLS programme

Even Hillview Peak is priced at around same average level as 8RS. This project quite good value for money, I must say.

delirious_jeff
08-04-13, 23:19
One bedroom and two bedroom units fully sold. More tenants than owners shall be staying there

boonchiz
14-04-13, 09:52
http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/38/39/23/2013-010.jpg
http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/38/39/23/2013-011.jpg
http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/38/39/23/2013-013.jpg

angel.tan
14-04-13, 11:17
Bro,

From which building u captured those pictures? Can you see Regent Residences from there?

Noexit
14-04-13, 11:21
Bro,

From which building u captured those pictures? Can you see Regent Residences from there?

I think the direction cannot see regent residences . Block by euro Asia condo :ashamed1:

primeesense
14-04-13, 12:31
The land is flat? How come no metal things sticking out?

Noexit
14-04-13, 12:33

Maybe the construction haven't start :tongue3:

angel.tan
14-04-13, 12:47

For Bored Piles technique, you hardly see any metal things sticking out until after the construction has started. I just knew this when RR developer sent me a letter informing me that the foundation had been completed, but when I passed by the site, little things seem to have been done.

When the contractor starts digging, you will see the foundation.

Any experts here care to comment.

Noexit
14-04-13, 12:55
For Bored Piles technique, you hardly see any metal things sticking out until after the construction has started. I just knew this when RR developer sent me a letter informing me that the foundation had been completed, but when I passed by the site, little things seem to have been done.

When the contractor starts digging, you will see the foundation.

Any experts here care to comment.

I pass by on early April the construction in the basement look have progress so foundation shd be ready soon

timmy
15-04-13, 16:35
Sales picked up somewhat in march, with 33 units sold compared to 16 in feb. seems to be benefitting from launches at PP.

hovivi
17-04-13, 20:05
When can we expect the first payment? Have been waiting - neck long long..

Noexit
23-04-13, 19:58
[QUOTE=hovivi]When can we expect the first payment? Have been waiting - neck long long..[/QUOTE

1st 10 percent when foundation ready

hovivi
27-04-13, 10:30
[QUOTE=hovivi]When can we expect the first payment? Have been waiting - neck long long..[/QUOTE

1st 10 percent when foundation ready

I'm wonderin when will that be completed cos no sign of work yet...

delirious_jeff
27-04-13, 11:28
Not 80% sold yet, I think...

Estrangable
27-04-13, 12:07
Not 80% sold yet, I think...

not even 60%

delirious_jeff
27-04-13, 15:57
not even 60%

Really? Hope the developer got deep pockets and can start building

jpm77
27-04-13, 16:28
They started piling tests last year, should have completed piling works. I saw the last piling rig was demobilized, not sure whether work stopped or completed. Developer has to complete the project within 5 years from the date they got the land.

Congress
27-04-13, 16:32
8RS no basement, should be very easy to construct. Basement alone takes 6 to 9 months to build.

Garandbutt
27-04-13, 17:48
8RS no basement, should be very easy to construct. Basement alone takes 6 to 9 months to build.

8RS no basement uh?

Congress
27-04-13, 18:31
8RS no basement uh?
If I am not wrong, no basement. The whole development is raised up. Swimming pool is actually at level 2. The so called "basement" connecting all blocks is at ground level.

scenzz
02-05-13, 21:16
Visited the showflat couple of times since start of the year. Looking at couple of projects like Bartley ridge, Sennett residence, d'Nest.. And this comes out to be the top choice, Bartley ridge could be the top choice but the surrounding look pathetic.. I'm buying for own stay so amenities are key.

Main reasons:
City fringe, full of amenities, near to 2 MRT line, able to have city view for 2 bedder still available, competitive pricing.

However, what is holding us back are those Strata terrace(only one sold from cavaet) car park.. The whole project looks cramp and seems to me the developer are trying to squeeze every juice out of the project. :doh:

Sill pondering...

alamak
02-05-13, 21:54
Visited the showflat couple of times since start of the year. Looking at couple of projects like Bartley ridge, Sennett residence, d'Nest.. And this comes out to be the top choice, Bartley ridge could be the top choice but the surrounding look pathetic.. I'm buying for own stay so amenities are key.

Main reasons:
City fringe, full of amenities, near to 2 MRT line, able to have city view for 2 bedder still available, competitive pricing.

However, what is holding us back are those Strata terrace(only one sold from cavaet) car park.. The whole project looks cramp and seems to me the developer are trying to squeeze every juice out of the project. :doh:

Sill pondering...

Just buy after all your key criteria have been met. Strarta terrace and car parks ..small and trivial matter .. project look cramped (which project today look spacious ).. Don't regret if the 2 rooms sold out after you tu ..tu until you have no choice left. IMHO. :D

Dragonfly
04-05-13, 11:04
If you think it suits you, just buy.
Last year, I was looking to get a unit. Knowing 'Bartley Ridge' land was bid at a lower price compare to 8 River. I was keen to wait n see. But I was uneasy as many months down the road, either new CM or policy will be implementated. I like the amenities in 8 River so just go ahead n purchased a unit in May instead of waiting for Bartley Ridge to launch.
Is 8 River a good choice? To me it is not the best but that time was a good choice. I never regretted becoz if I have done in later....CM was introduced in Oct. Another CM was introduced in Jan this year.

Noexit
04-05-13, 11:18
[QUOTE=Dragonfly]If you think it suits you, just buy.
Last year, I was looking to get a unit. Knowing 'Bartley Ridge' land was bid at a lower price compare to 8 River. I was keen to wait n see. But I was uneasy as many months down the road, either new CM or policy will be implementated. I like the amenities in 8 River so just go ahead n purchased a unit in May instead of waiting for Bartley Ridge to launch.
Is 8 River a good choice? To me it is not the best but that time was a good choice. I never regretted becoz if I have done in later....CM was introduced in Oct. Another CM was introduced in Jan this year.[/QUOT

True , no project is perfect , as long the price reasonable and the location ok. The price within your range that ok . Now no project is cheap coz land is selling more and more expensive and the labour cost went double up .

boonchiz
26-05-13, 09:24
http://s17.postimg.org/5ftekt1gv/Camera_ZOOM_20130525175244497.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/tclcf8q7z/Camera_ZOOM_20130525175312130.jpg

jpm77
26-05-13, 11:35
http://s17.postimg.org/5ftekt1gv/Camera_ZOOM_20130525175244497.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/tclcf8q7z/Camera_ZOOM_20130525175312130.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Looks pilecap not done yet.

Autonomy
26-05-13, 13:09
According to newspaper, all one bedders are sold.

Estrangable
26-05-13, 15:09
Thanks for the photo. Looks pilecap not done yet.

how are they gg to squeeze 1k plus units into this small plot of land???

Thank god, I didn't buy this development

timmy
26-05-13, 16:31

Perhaps u like to do your homework before reporting an erroneous no. of units to mislead people?

Noexit
26-05-13, 21:49

843 unit + 19 strata house . Also a lot :)

Estrangable
26-05-13, 22:14
Perhaps u like to do your homework before reporting an erroneous no. of units to mislead people?

oops...damn, it must be so easy to mislead people. 1k or 800 plus...it doesnt negate the fact that it will be jammed and squeezed. Of cos if u fancy the development or u are vested, then u can find all sort of reasons to justify the purchase.

Clim1688
26-05-13, 23:09
Thanks for the photos
Looking forward to the construction.

Clim1688
26-05-13, 23:10
oops...damn, it must be so easy to mislead people. 1k or 800 plus...it doesnt negate the fact that it will be jammed and squeezed. Of cos if u fancy the development or u are vested, then u can find all sort of reasons to justify the purchase.

new launches are generally squeezy. If you want to throw stones can throw at any project, there are pros and cons of each of them. So which project did you buy?

timmy
27-05-13, 08:24

Same argument applies. If you are not vested in a project, u can find 1001 reasons to nick pick on it. I am not saying that 8RS is perfect in every sense, or that everyone should like the place. I just find it objectionable for someone to put in statistics that are clearly wrong. It seriously erodes the credibility of that person, and makes one wonder if the person has ulterior motives.

A separate point is that while land size matters, the plot ratio, mix of unit size, no. of MM units etc etc also matter in determining the spatial quality of a project. making a sweeping statement based on a erroneous figure dilutes the quality of discussion.

csgan97
29-05-13, 19:08
So is it good buy??

alamak
29-05-13, 22:25
So is it good buy??

Based on location alone, based on price comparison, "what do you think ?"

Everyone has his/her own answer.:tongue3:

scenzz
30-05-13, 00:15
So is it good buy??

I like the area...
If those strata houses are not there and underground car park, definitely a good buy...

csgan97
02-06-13, 07:48
Based on location alone, based on price comparison, "what do you think ?"

Everyone has his/her own answer.:tongue3:

I went there yesterday. The following are my point of view:
1) Interior quality not that good / nice as compared to other new launch
2) Price wise 1400 to 1600 per sqft for 3 / 4 bedder not that cheap (for high floor)
3) Not 1 to 1 parking as it has 862 units with only 854 parking lots (assumption where 1 bedder usually wont own a car, near mrt dont need a car and not many visitor)
4) Amenities so-so only and no shopping mall
5) swimming pool is so small then again all city fringe project swimming pool is small

Okay enough complaint. I also got something that i think its good.
1) near mrt
2) if the unit is higher than 20 floors the view will be fantastic
3) near town

Different people got different point of view. I hope i dont offence anyone here ...

Actually, i might consider the unit there but still looking around to find anything better :) ...

ecimbew
02-06-13, 10:35
So is it good buy??

You won't get cheaper psf. Just survey those new condos pricing from Potong pasir to Punggol.

i_yagami2
03-06-13, 01:05
Personally, I think this is quite a good 'black horse' project based on the following points:

Near to MRT
Near town
Not too high a PSF despite the above
Nice design
I think it's not sold out yet, imho, because of the pricing policy. ~300psf difference between units with orientation and level differences might trigger psychological barriers. Also, it could be branded in a more atas manner. Feels quite mass market

Dragonfly
05-06-13, 01:44
Nothing is perfect but these days, we can hardly find the units that are mostly unblock. It has 800+ units instead of 1000.
Any one can criticize this project or any project. However, like Timmy mentioned, get the facts right before making a comment.

Clim1688
16-06-13, 15:49
Anyone has updates on the construction or payment progress?

Ipadbee
28-06-13, 22:52
All the buyers lets join the
Facebook Page : Eight Riversuites Residents Singapore

All the inquiries, comments and info are welcome to post on this page.

mcmlxxvi
29-06-13, 07:33
This project looks super cheap now vs JGateway.

iforum
29-06-13, 07:40

Ipadbee, what is the facebook page link pls?

ecimbew
29-06-13, 09:03
This project looks super cheap now vs JGateway.

You want to come back to Kallang area meh?

Clim1688
29-06-13, 17:46
just passed by - Construction cranes are on site now.

Dragonfly
29-06-13, 17:51
Any pic? Thanks!

Dragonfly
29-06-13, 17:57

Link please. Btw, I hope this fb acct is managed by buyers instead of agents. We can discuss progress & latest update. I have another condo whereby fb acct is managed by our own purchasers. They control & limit agents, advertisement etc.

Ipadbee
29-06-13, 20:35
Ipadbee, what is the facebook page link pls?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eight-Riversuites-Residents-Singapore/153804321475212?fref=ts

Welcome all to join this page.

Ipadbee
29-06-13, 21:12
Link please. Btw, I hope this fb acct is managed by buyers instead of agents. We can discuss progress & latest update. I have another condo whereby fb acct is managed by our own purchasers. They control & limit agents, advertisement etc.

Yes, only for buyers to discuss progress and latest update.

mcmlxxvi
30-06-13, 07:34
You want to come back to Kallang area meh?

Already am.

bargain hunter
15-07-13, 13:55
17 more sold at 1377psf median in June. 318 left.

Dragonfly
20-07-13, 14:56
17 more sold at 1377psf median in June. 318 left.
Sales very slow. A good piece of land but surrounding areas have decrease the value.

clemdale24
06-08-13, 13:37
Sales very slow. A good piece of land but surrounding areas have decrease the value.

hi guys i just wanna revive a very quiet thread.

ive been looking at this development for sometime. i quite like it due to proximity to city and transport networks. nearby amenities also seem quite good, ie market, citysquare mall etc. to me the price also rather reasonable compared to more recent launches like j gateway and all those tanah merah ones. just need some very honest opinions on this project, including future potential, in terms of investment vs own stay. thanks in advance.

betterman1234
06-08-13, 14:00
If you dun mind the noise from the school behind and the smelly river, then i say go ahead with this purchase.

jeaprp
06-08-13, 14:26
If you dun mind the noise from the school behind and the smelly river, then i say go ahead with this purchase.

FYI, The river is not smelly, no need for yr N95 mask
Not so sure about the noise in school.
waiting game for buyer/Developer.
See Who blink first
:cool:

star
06-08-13, 14:30
One thing why it is moving so slow is the floor plan. A lot of space is wasted. They also market air space as square feet to sell to you.
Other than that location is good. Price is reasonable.

clemdale24
06-08-13, 16:32
One thing why it is moving so slow is the floor plan. A lot of space is wasted. They also market air space as square feet to sell to you.
Other than that location is good. Price is reasonable.

Pros (to me):
1. good location, city fringe. relatively central location means most places in singapore is equally accessible.
2. walkable to mrt. equidistant to nex mall in serangoon and dhoby gaut (city).
3. amenities. very walkable to bendemeer food centre which is where the mrt is. plenty of banks nearby. fast food like mac/ kfc also there.
4. accessible. PIE is near yet faraway enough. no PIE noise.
5. adjacent to kallang riverside where plans have been made for massive upgrading
6. old estate, on a precious piece of city fringe land (there's also a flip side. see below). lots of potential for redevelopment and upgrading and thus raising prices of homes in the area

Cons (to me):
1. In btween 2 main roads. possibly noisy, unless u get a high floor unit. in which case, the view may be very good.
2. traffic. known to be quite congested around the area.
3. old estate. many people do not like the grotty and somewhat "lower class" neighbourhood.
4. quite a crowded development with many units in a relatviely small plot of land. but then again which city fringe project isnt??

Ok ive tried to be as neutral as i possibly can. appreciate all input!

PS: btw i think being beside a school is good. at least school hours are regular, there's always going to be peace at night. besides, it's also low-rise; acting as a buffer from other tall buildings :)

ecimbew
06-08-13, 19:41

Hahaha if you say so...

jslee78
06-08-13, 21:17
site plan is too compact! space too crowded. Design lacks clarity and freshness . Multistorey car park ( like HDB development)has taken up too much valuable ground floor garden space. The terrace houses too, doesnot seem to fit into the overall planning. Development is too close to very noisy street. However, the location has great potential; one should check URA master plan, discover the enbloc potential of the surrounding FH properties and also..., the nearby old HDB blocks, which may potentially be rezoned and relocated.

iforum
06-08-13, 23:10
site plan is too compact! space too crowded. Design lacks clarity and freshness . Multistorey car park ( like HDB development)has taken up too much valuable ground floor garden space. The terrace houses too, doesnot seem to fit into the overall planning. Development is too close to very noisy street. However, the location has great potential; one should check URA master plan, discover the enbloc potential of the surrounding FH properties and also..., the nearby old HDB blocks, which may potentially be rezoned and relocated.

Land diagonally opposite Eight Riversuites has been enbloc (landed house & shop houses have moved out). Anyone has info on the plan for this piece of land? :D :beats-me-man:

ecimbew
06-08-13, 23:46
Land diagonally opposite Eight Riversuites has been enbloc (landed house & shop houses have moved out). Anyone has info on the plan for this piece of land? :D :beats-me-man:

Not for private

nav14
07-08-13, 08:06
Pros (to me):
1. good location, city fringe. relatively central location means most places in singapore is equally accessible.
2. walkable to mrt. equidistant to nex mall in serangoon and dhoby gaut (city).
3. amenities. very walkable to bendemeer food centre which is where the mrt is. plenty of banks nearby. fast food like mac/ kfc also there.
4. accessible. PIE is near yet faraway enough. no PIE noise.
5. adjacent to kallang riverside where plans have been made for massive upgrading
6. old estate, on a precious piece of city fringe land (there's also a flip side. see below). lots of potential for redevelopment and upgrading and thus raising prices of homes in the area

Cons (to me):
1. In btween 2 main roads. possibly noisy, unless u get a high floor unit. in which case, the view may be very good.
2. traffic. known to be quite congested around the area.
3. old estate. many people do not like the grotty and somewhat "lower class" neighbourhood.
4. quite a crowded development with many units in a relatviely small plot of land. but then again which city fringe project isnt??

Ok ive tried to be as neutral as i possibly can. appreciate all input!

PS: btw i think being beside a school is good. at least school hours are regular, there's always going to be peace at night. besides, it's also low-rise; acting as a buffer from other tall buildings :)

One more pro is that the maintenance fees will remain below average in view of the large number of units.

If you are ok with the cons, this is one of the best values in the market right now.

nav14
07-08-13, 08:13
One more pro is that the maintenance fees will remain below average in view of the large number of units.

If you are ok with the cons, this is one of the best values in the market right now.

Would like to add that personally the facade is going to be quite stylish and it is going to the most iconic development in that vicinity.

clemdale24
07-08-13, 11:21
Would like to add that personally the facade is going to be quite stylish and it is going to the most iconic development in that vicinity.

Are u vested nav14?

Yes I have to agree that eight riversuites will be highlight and icon of boon keng. Until the next new condo comes along haha.

up to now i feel that the pros >> cons, but if i do get a unit it will be on a high floor. just trying to get other's opinions too.

how about the land adjacent to eight riversuites? any idea what it will turn out to be? someone must have some info... shopping centre? new hdb? condo? mixed development?

Clim1688
07-08-13, 12:20
Unblocked front and back
3 mrt stops to dhoby ghaut
Near to 2 MRT stations of 2 diff lines
Mins from city
Location is a big plus
When market is slow, it will be easy to rent in my view or good to stay
Even Tanah merah is selling 1500psf, to me this project is priced very well
there are some irritations like the townhouse
Some pros more than con to me
I'm vested by the way
left mainly with large quantum bigger units

Clim1688
07-08-13, 12:23

I saw a project, upper east coast, similar Psf and maintenance is $400 per month for compact 2 bedders.. This is just 50pct of it

Imm
07-08-13, 17:05
I got a 3 bedder here few mths back despite all the cons mentioned. Some of the cons you can try to mitigate by choosing an appropriate unit.

Cons (for me) and my appropriate action:
1) Noise from School (I chose a unit that is facing opposite side; facing whampoa east slip road)
2) Noise from the Serangoon road and Bendemeer road (my unit is not at the edge of the project beside either of the 2 main roads
3) Common rooms are very small, can only fit a single bed (I went for 3 bedroom even though I only need 2 at the moment, may go for space saving design/furniture if I plan to stay there)
4) 800+ units in ~200,000 sqft area (doesn't really concern me, I stayed in condo before and seldom use the facilities much, pro is the maintenance is $100 cheaper than my previous place which was only a 1+1 bedder.)
5) Higher floors can get expensive very quickly in terms of psf (I got a low floor unit, don't really care about the view, if I need to enjoy the view I can always go to any of the 4 rooftops anytime :p

Pros:
1) Location Price Location (Sure it is not the best location but the starting psf is cheaper than many new launches that are further out which makes it value for money), city fringe and easy to go to town.
2) Proximity to MRT (~350m from boon keng mrt, lots of buses and amenities around, if need to rent out don't have to worry can rent out or not, it is just how much you can rent it out for)
3) Potential price appreciation due to enhancements/upgrades in the area (location is good but price is low due to neighbourhood, so there is always an upside when surrounding area gets upgraded)

clemdale24
07-08-13, 17:24
Thanks for your contribution.

To each his own, but for me i dont think ill mind the school behind. i like it cos its low rise, which means that either way u face the view should be decent if u get a mid-high floor unit. The thing about the units facing whampoa east road is that these units will get afternoon sun...

that being said, i must agree on 3 points u raised:
1. price - seems reasonable in comparison to tanah merah, bedok, redhill and jurong as well as many others.
2. potential price appreciation - no one knows for sure, but in an estate so old and so close to the city.. things are likely to happen. when, where, what, i only wish i knew!
3. maintenence fee - i dont know the exact amount but from what i can tell it's a lot lower than other projects.

I got a 3 bedder here few mths back despite all the cons mentioned. Some of the cons you can try to mitigate by choosing an appropriate unit.

Cons (for me) and my appropriate action:
1) Noise from School (I chose a unit that is facing opposite side; facing whampoa east slip road)
2) Noise from the Serangoon road and Bendemeer road (my unit is not at the edge of the project beside either of the 2 main roads
3) Common rooms are very small, can only fit a single bed (I went for 3 bedroom even though I only need 2 at the moment, may go for space saving design/furniture if I plan to stay there)
4) 800+ units in ~200,000 sqft area (doesn't really concern me, I stayed in condo before and seldom use the facilities much, pro is the maintenance is $100 cheaper than my previous place which was only a 1+1 bedder.)
5) Higher floors can get expensive very quickly in terms of psf (I got a low floor unit, don't really care about the view, if I need to enjoy the view I can always go to any of the 4 rooftops anytime :p

Pros:
1) Location Price Location (Sure it is not the best location but the starting psf is cheaper than many new launches that are further out which makes it value for money), city fringe and easy to go to town.
2) Proximity to MRT (~350m from boon keng mrt, lots of buses and amenities around, if need to rent out don't have to worry can rent out or not, it is just how much you can rent it out for)
3) Potential price appreciation due to enhancements/upgrades in the area (location is good but price is low due to neighbourhood, so there is always an upside when surrounding area gets upgraded)

jpm77
07-08-13, 21:57
Thanks for your contribution.

To each his own, but for me i dont think ill mind the school behind. i like it cos its low rise, which means that either way u face the view should be decent if u get a mid-high floor unit. The thing about the units facing whampoa east road is that these units will get afternoon sun...

that being said, i must agree on 3 points u raised:
1. price - seems reasonable in comparison to tanah merah, bedok, redhill and jurong as well as many others.
2. potential price appreciation - no one knows for sure, but in an estate so old and so close to the city.. things are likely to happen. when, where, what, i only wish i knew!
3. maintenence fee - i dont know the exact amount but from what i can tell it's a lot lower than other projects.
Actually if you choose mid-high units facing whampoa east in block 6, no west sun as block 10 will shade block 6. Block 6 is also away from main road noise.

Congress
08-08-13, 07:22
JTC has a master plan for the nearby Kallang ipark, go and find out if you have friend working in JTC or google it for some info. The transformation of Kallang ipark has started, Aperia, CT Hub 1 and CT Hub 2 are in good shape. From URA master plan 2008, industry buildings along Kallang river will be phased out. The land along river is eventually for residential and recreational development.

The million dollar question is when will this rejuvenation be completed.

timmy
08-08-13, 17:43
JTC has a master plan for the nearby Kallang ipark, go and find out if you have friend working in JTC or google it for some info. The transformation of Kallang ipark has started, Aperia, CT Hub 1 and CT Hub 2 are in good shape. From URA master plan 2008, industry buildings along Kallang river will be phased out. The land along river is eventually for residential and recreational development.

The million dollar question is when will this rejuvenation be completed.

Looking at the Masterplan, we can see that the plot ratio of surrounding land not max out yet. One example is Euro Asia Apartment. Once these developments get en-bloc, there will be a lift to the land value and correspondingly price levels.

angel.tan
08-08-13, 23:36
Are u vested nav14?

Yes I have to agree that eight riversuites will be highlight and icon of boon keng. Until the next new condo comes along haha.

up to now i feel that the pros >> cons, but if i do get a unit it will be on a high floor. just trying to get other's opinions too.

how about the land adjacent to eight riversuites? any idea what it will turn out to be? someone must have some info... shopping centre? new hdb? condo? mixed development?

There is a new condo under development opposite diagonally from 8RiverSuites (in front of Bendemeer Primary School). It is called Regent Residences.

angel.tan
08-08-13, 23:38
Looking at the Masterplan, we can see that the plot ratio of surrounding land not max out yet. One example is Euro Asia Apartment. Once these developments get en-bloc, there will be a lift to the land value and correspondingly price levels.

If I am not wrong, Euro-Asia tried to get en-bloc before, but was unsuccessful.

kennethtangs
09-08-13, 01:02

I get to know the enblock news is from When i go to the M66 showroom the agent whose selling M66 that time selling the project also mention that euro Asia going to en block as a selling point of M 66 Because their show room is near to euro asia .But no news of the enblock after that .

clemdale24
09-08-13, 03:29
There is a new condo under development opposite diagonally from 8RiverSuites (in front of Bendemeer Primary School). It is called Regent Residences.

I was referring to the plot diagonally opposite eight riversuites on the serangoon road side. The shophouses and landed terraces have been cleared recently. Very curious about the potential use of this piece of land. Anyone knows please share!

timmy
09-08-13, 07:35

That's because the asking price was too high. That's 3 yrs ago in 2010. The project looks really run down. At some point the owners will want to try en-bloc again, esp when they find they can't compete with 8RS and RR for tenants.

Garandbutt
09-08-13, 12:10
I was referring to the plot diagonally opposite eight riversuites on the serangoon road side. The shophouses and landed terraces have been cleared recently. Very curious about the potential use of this piece of land. Anyone knows please share!

I'm also quite curious about what's gonna happen to that area haha.:D

angel.tan
09-08-13, 12:54
I'm also quite curious about what's gonna happen to that area haha.:D

Maybe someone can enquire on the SLA site to find out who the owner of the land is. :D :)

Clim1688
11-08-13, 14:51
About west sun
I was there several times between 3-430pm
There is no west sun for ALL units
Sun hit the side wall and not into windows

clemdale24
12-08-13, 16:12
About west sun
I was there several times between 3-430pm
There is no west sun for ALL units
Sun hit the side wall and not into windows

Thanks. I went to see eight riversuites a couple of days back. Nice project.. a bit crowded but i feel the area has a lot of potential for redevelopment and upgrading.

I also walked around the bendemeer area.. looking at the adjacent plot of land. its a huge piece of land if u minus the terrace houses and shophouses. cant wait to see what it will be developed into. also, i had too much time so i walked through the one-room hdbs hahaha.. surely these hdbs will be slowly phased out and torn down sooner or later. They do not have a place in city fringe land i think. big market/ hawker and open air "mall". Bendemeer has potential for growth...

jslee78
12-08-13, 20:35
If koon keng MRT area, where 8 riversuites is located has great potential for growth. Kallang Riverside area where Citylights, Southbank and riverine by the park are located have even greater potential. Is it better to buy 8 riversuites or citylights?

iforum
12-08-13, 23:07
Another terrace house sold. :cheers3:

EIGHT RIVERSUITES WHAMPOA EAST Terrace House 12 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 1 2,932,700 2,960 Strata - 991 Jul-13

timmy
13-08-13, 00:50
If koon keng MRT area, where 8 riversuites is located has great potential for growth. Kallang Riverside area where Citylights, Southbank and riverine by the park are located have even greater potential. Is it better to buy 8 riversuites or citylights?

I think the diff in the 2 regions is the growth potential in Kallang riverside has been priced in, but the price in the boon keng / whampoa area is still undervalued relative to surrounding areas. Given sufficient time, it will play catch up with the other areas.

clemdale24
13-08-13, 02:22
I think the diff in the 2 regions is the growth potential in Kallang riverside has been priced in, but the price in the boon keng / whampoa area is still undervalued relative to surrounding areas. Given sufficient time, it will play catch up with the other areas.

Exactly my sentiments. Citylights, south bank and riverine are amazing projects. Don't get me wrong. But it's too late now. I've missed the boat for those 3. Kallang riverside has already been priced in. So bendemeer/ whampoa is next up. It's a gamble.

Noexit
15-08-13, 12:45
URA SALES IN JULY

EIGHT RIVERSUITESWHAMPOA EASTUE Development (Bendemeer) Pte LtdStrata-Landed / Non-LandedRCR8628625573050131,276 (https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/price/submitPriceDetails.action?hdl_no=C0914)991 1,529

timmy
16-08-13, 00:08
URA SALES IN JULY

EIGHT RIVERSUITESWHAMPOA EASTUE Development (Bendemeer) Pte LtdStrata-Landed / Non-LandedRCR8628625573050131,276 (https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/price/submitPriceDetails.action?hdl_no=C0914)991 1,529

65% sold to date.

cn2886
17-08-13, 10:34
understand from a friend that 2 Sundays ago, 8 Riversuites had an ad giving away $5,000 voucher (home furnishing???) :D

interestingly, it said something like Phase 2 Final Release :doh:
all stacks were released...so what is UN-release? :eek:

clemdale24
17-08-13, 11:27
understand from a friend that 2 Sundays ago, 8 Riversuites had an ad giving away $5,000 voucher (home furnishing???) :D

interestingly, it said something like Phase 2 Final Release :doh:
all stacks were released...so what is UN-release? :eek:

Lol I'm not sure it said phase 2 release/ unreleased or whatever. But the $5000 voucher is true. It see that while sales are slow, it is steady. They are moving a decent number of units per week.

Clim1688
17-08-13, 12:09
Anyone been asked for next payment yet?
I thought when piling is completed we need to pay the next 20%?
So far I only paid the first 5% at booking and 15% for exercising option and nothing else

clemdale24
18-08-13, 01:54
Anyone been asked for next payment yet?
I thought when piling is completed we need to pay the next 20%?
So far I only paid the first 5% at booking and 15% for exercising option and nothing else

Update on the site diagonally opposite eight riversuites that is apparently being cleared out:

A friend of mine recently spoke to one of the shophouse owners across the road from eight riversuites. he said that the row of shophouses has been re-acquired by the government. it has not been enbloc-ed. the government will be releasing the land for tender (together with the empty land currently/ land of the terrace houses) some time, not sure when. plot ratio 3.5, same as eight riversuites.

any new insights/ ideas with this piece of news? im actually a very young wannabe investor so i would appreciate any input u gurus may have to share!! TIA.

mcmlxxvi
18-08-13, 08:30
It simply means likely that the new project will be seeing higher bids and sale prices thus having a pull up effect on 8rs. If u want some paper profit u can get 8rs now.

hyenergix
18-08-13, 08:37
Update on the site diagonally opposite eight riversuites that is apparently being cleared out:

A friend of mine recently spoke to one of the shophouse owners across the road from eight riversuites. he said that the row of shophouses has been re-acquired by the government. it has not been enbloc-ed. the government will be releasing the land for tender (together with the empty land currently/ land of the terrace houses) some time, not sure when. plot ratio 3.5, same as eight riversuites.

any new insights/ ideas with this piece of news? im actually a very young wannabe investor so i would appreciate any input u gurus may have to share!! TIA.

Can buy small unit. Make good use of e lull. Bidadari will rejuvenate e area.

Noexit
18-08-13, 14:25
This to mean all the surrounding project will benefit from the price of this new piece of land :cool-punk-headbange best will have some change over look ard this estate :banana:

It simply means likely that the new project will be seeing higher bids and sale prices thus having a pull up effect on 8rs. If u want some paper profit u can get 8rs now.

kepah
18-08-13, 14:51
could it be a plot for EC? :doh:

Clim1688
18-08-13, 20:31
could it be a plot for EC? :doh:

Doubt so - EC are not usually located at city fringe or super near to MRT like this one

Whatever it is.. Bendemeer area and 8RS will benefit from the rejuvenation

timmy
18-08-13, 20:40
Doubt so - EC are not usually located at city fringe or super near to MRT like this one

Whatever it is.. Bendemeer area and 8RS will benefit from the rejuvenation

Hope it is a mixed development site with some commercial component. A mini mall will do wonders to the area

clemdale24
19-08-13, 08:08
Hope it is a mixed development site with some commercial component. A mini mall will do wonders to the area

Yes it will. but now that potong pasir will be having a mall, is it likely for boon keng which is one stop away to also have a mall? i would think having a supermarket, like NTUC or something, would be good enough. all boon keng lacks (in terms of amenities) now is a supermarket - it has everything else.

Autonomy
19-08-13, 09:35
Yes it will. but now that potong pasir will be having a mall, is it likely for boon keng which is one stop away to also have a mall? i would think having a supermarket, like NTUC or something, would be good enough. all boon keng lacks (in terms of amenities) now is a supermarket - it has everything else.

There is Sheng Siong...

clemdale24
19-08-13, 12:30
There is Sheng Siong...

There is? whereabouts?

Autonomy
19-08-13, 12:34
There is? whereabouts?

108 Mcnair Road.
If u walk along the park connector u will see it. Its not very far.
Just behind the new hdb under construction.

clemdale24
19-08-13, 14:22
108 Mcnair Road.
If u walk along the park connector u will see it. Its not very far.
Just behind the new hdb under construction.

Oh i see. thanks.
yes its just behind McNair Towers, the new BTO HDB being built at the moment. i havent been around there, is the shengsiong big? Still i think bendemeer would very much benefit from a shopping mall of some sort on the piece of empty land.
currently, with its mrt, hawker centre, market, banks, fast food outlets, bus stops... the only thing lacking is a mall.

Autonomy
19-08-13, 16:24
Oh i see. thanks.
yes its just behind McNair Towers, the new BTO HDB being built at the moment. i havent been around there, is the shengsiong big? Still i think bendemeer would very much benefit from a shopping mall of some sort on the piece of empty land.
currently, with its mrt, hawker centre, market, banks, fast food outlets, bus stops... the only thing lacking is a mall.

Its at the void deck type. About 4-5 shopfronts I think. All basic necessities can be found there.

timmy
20-08-13, 13:11
Its at the void deck type. About 4-5 shopfronts I think. All basic necessities can be found there.

With new developments like 8RS, regent residences and this new site coming up, the demand for basic amenities will rise and existing ones will not be sufficient. Keeping fingers crossed that the new site will allow mixed uses including commercial to cater to rising demand. N

jpm77
20-08-13, 13:27
With new developments like 8RS, regent residences and this new site coming up, the demand for basic amenities will rise and existing ones will not be sufficient. Keeping fingers crossed that the new site will allow mixed uses including commercial to cater to rising demand. N
Start writing to MP and complaining not enough amenities, maybe the new site will be mixed development, loh.

betterman1234
20-08-13, 16:02
Start writing to MP and complaining not enough amenities, maybe the new site will be mixed development, loh. I think the empty plot of land at Boon Keng MRT station exit/entrance infront of blk 6 HDB flat (boon keng road) is a better location for a small mall. It is nearer to the MRT station

clemdale24
20-08-13, 16:54
I think the empty plot of land at Boon Keng MRT station exit/entrance infront of blk 6 HDB flat (boon keng road) is a better location for a small mall. It is nearer to the MRT station

I dont think it really matters whether its at the location u mentioned or at this empty plot of land. whatever it is, wherever it may be, as long as there is a new mall in the boon keng mrt vicinity, it will do this area good.

sorry whats this land in front of blk 6 hdb currently being used for? is it a carpark? i cannot recall...

betterman1234
20-08-13, 17:30
I dont think it really matters whether its at the location u mentioned or at this empty plot of land. whatever it is, wherever it may be, as long as there is a new mall in the boon keng mrt vicinity, it will do this area good.

sorry whats this land in front of blk 6 hdb currently being used for? is it a carpark? i cannot recall...it is a big empty plot of land right across kwong Wai Shiu hospital & Nursing Home

clemdale24
22-08-13, 12:52
it is a big empty plot of land right across kwong Wai Shiu hospital & Nursing Home

I see.. i guess a mixed development with a shopping mall at the current shophouses diagonal from eight riversuites will make more sense as it is closer to the HDB/ condo estate. That plot of land u are referring to seems more on the edge of the residential area.

Clim1688
24-08-13, 14:37
it is a big empty plot of land right across kwong Wai Shiu hospital & Nursing Home

MRT track is running underneath the plot, may be difficult to develop

Ideally diagonally opp 8RS - can cater to St Michael homes too

betterman1234
25-08-13, 12:58
MRT track is running underneath the plot, may be difficult to develop

Ideally diagonally opp 8RS - can cater to St Michael homes too
The MRT track is running underneath Serangoon Road not the plot of land,
same as eight Riversuites plot of land.

Clim1688
25-08-13, 14:44
The MRT track is running underneath Serangoon Road not the plot of land,
same as eight Riversuites plot of land.

Ok but thot for 8RS it is running underneath on the ground level carpark area.. Within 8RS

clemdale24
26-08-13, 15:41
Ok but thot for 8RS it is running underneath on the ground level carpark area.. Within 8RS

how many owners of this condo are there in this forum? any updates on the progress? quite keen to see whats its turning out to be.

Imm
26-08-13, 16:17
You can join the Eight Riversuites Residents facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eight-Riversuites-Residents-Singapore/153804321475212

Lots of photo contributions on site progress

how many owners of this condo are there in this forum? any updates on the progress? quite keen to see whats its turning out to be.

iforum
27-08-13, 08:27
Is the next milestone payment 10% coming soon?

:beats-me-man:

Clim1688
27-08-13, 12:58
How much have you paid?
I have only paid the first 20pct
Thot next payment is completion of piling which I thot is done

iforum
27-08-13, 20:52
How much have you paid?
I have only paid the first 20pct
Thot next payment is completion of piling which I thot is done

first 20pct.
waiting for next payment. anybody has any info? :confused:

timmy
09-09-13, 20:39
first 20pct.
waiting for next payment. anybody has any info? :confused:

The longer the developer take, the more interest rate risk buyers are exposed to, esp for those who got floating rates and where per-payment to bank comes with penalty. Wonder why developer is dragging its feet.

iforum
10-09-13, 00:02
The longer the developer take, the more interest rate risk buyers are exposed to, esp for those who got floating rates and where per-payment to bank comes with penalty. Wonder why developer is dragging its feet.

hopefully till Jan 2014 then comes next milestone. :D

dragonkee
12-09-13, 23:46
hopefully till Jan 2014 then comes next milestone. :D

Just bought an unit here also :), my agent told me need to pay the 10% installment when bank inform me around Oct 2013.

Anyone know roughly when can move in? Usually is how many month before the official TOP (Mar 2016)?

timmy
16-09-13, 23:24
In total, 66% sold to date.

iforum
17-09-13, 09:19
Slow but steady.:santana:

clemdale24
17-09-13, 16:57
Slow but steady.:santana:

I guess you're right. Its been moving about 20 units per month, steadily.

timmy
01-10-13, 20:23
I guess you're right. Its been moving about 20 units per month, steadily.

Will the good sales at Sky Vue provide a lift to 8RS?

Noexit
01-10-13, 21:13
Will the good sales at Sky Vue provide a lift to 8RS?

No . Maybe the new project in potong pasir by CDL will bring up the sales . Launching soon wait and see hehe

clemdale24
01-10-13, 22:24
No . Maybe the new project in potong pasir by CDL will bring up the sales . Launching soon wait and see hehe

Sky vue vs 8 riversuites.. whos the winner? To be honest i expected sky vue to be cheaper. its not really that cheap - $1500psf for 1 and 2 room. looks like 8RS is still cheaper?

yes PP is having a new launch - The Venus Residences - soon. location wise, i think it sucks. nxt to expressway and a big road. any guesses whats the psf?

iwant2buyproperty
10-10-13, 18:35
Sky vue vs 8 riversuites.. whos the winner? To be honest i expected sky vue to be cheaper. its not really that cheap - $1500psf for 1 and 2 room. looks like 8RS is still cheaper?

yes PP is having a new launch - The Venus Residences - soon. location wise, i think it sucks. nxt to expressway and a big road. any guesses whats the psf?

My friend have went to The Venue show flat. his feedback is the facade is very HDB look:D.

quite unexpected from cdl..

kennethtangs
10-10-13, 19:02

Their 2 bedroom unit is big 840 sqf abt 1.2 million .

clemdale24
10-10-13, 22:22
Their 2 bedroom unit is big 840 sqf abt 1.2 million .

thats about 1400+psf right? not cheap. but not exp either. depends on facing and floor also la. but look at sky vue etc. then seems like D12/13 is cheap.

timmy
25-10-13, 23:20
thats about 1400+psf right? not cheap. but not exp either. depends on facing and floor also la. but look at sky vue etc. then seems like D12/13 is cheap.

8 units sold in September.

timmy
23-11-13, 11:58
Any views?

clemdale24
24-11-13, 10:50
Any views?

i personality think that it will benefit 8RS to a certain extent, due to its close proximity. for now, besides the new condos and HDBs in the boonkeng area, there are no new plans for a mall or a mixed development (yet). i still believe that in time to come the area will be rejuvenated and the current old (one room) hdbs will be relocated.

contrary to what many believe, i dont think that projects such as citylights and riverine will stand to benefit much from the kampong bugis plans. if anything, the area will become seriously cluttered and they will blend in to become on of the many condos there. riverine is now a stand-alone condo, very unique, and its views to the south are no doubt very good. with the built up of kampong bugis i think most of this will be lost. also, to the north of riverine, next to kallang mrt, a plot of land is currently being built a BTO project called kallang trivista. kallang is enroute to serious clutter... i think.

iforum
24-11-13, 18:28
SINGAPORE: After holding the top spot for the past two years, Singapore has fallen to third place in an annual global survey on the most desirable countries for expatriates to work and live in.

The Republic lost its crown in the HSBC survey this year - ranking behind China and Germany - amid concerns among respondents over job market security, integration with locals and the rising cost of living. The survey results were released last week.

But some expats TODAY spoke to said they had settled in well.

Client relationship director Loise Jacquette, 30, said it was not difficult for her to integrate when she relocated from France - thanks to local room-mates who introduced her to other Singaporeans and explained the cultural nuances. Making friends in Thailand was harder due to the language barrier, she said, although she does know of expats in Singapore who do not have local friends.

The cost of living is a bigger problem for her. "Rent is awfully crazy ... At the moment I'm sharing an HDB flat in Commonwealth," said Ms Jacquette, adding that the price of groceries had also increased.

The survey showed that 65 per cent of expats here said they were spending more on groceries this year, while 63 per cent pointed to the higher costs of public transport.

Education and childcare are also seen as expensive, but nearly eight in 10 appreciated Singapore's quality of education.

British media specialist Rob O'Brien, whose daughter was born last year in KK Women's and Children's Hospital, said: "Singapore is expensive, but there are ways to have children here and not blow the family budget. We couldn't send our kids to a private school but I think the quality of teaching at our local school in Boon Keng is exceptional."

Is local school in Boon Keng exceptional?

Arcachon
24-11-13, 19:00
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1675036&highlight=

iridrium
24-11-13, 23:03
i personality think that it will benefit 8RS to a certain extent, due to its close proximity. for now, besides the new condos and HDBs in the boonkeng area, there are no new plans for a mall or a mixed development (yet). i still believe that in time to come the area will be rejuvenated and the current old (one room) hdbs will be relocated.

contrary to what many believe, i dont think that projects such as citylights and riverine will stand to benefit much from the kampong bugis plans. if anything, the area will become seriously cluttered and they will blend in to become on of the many condos there. riverine is now a stand-alone condo, very unique, and its views to the south are no doubt very good. with the built up of kampong bugis i think most of this will be lost. also, to the north of riverine, next to kallang mrt, a plot of land is currently being built a BTO project called kallang trivista. kallang is enroute to serious clutter... i think.

What a whole lot of nonsense. How much boon keng will benefit will never be comparable to Kallang. It is like comparable jurong west to marina bay.

8RS itself is disadvantage by the roads surrounding the site and further added the bad design and layout. I can understand why you trying to flog a dead horse, but what I don't understand is why you need to brig down city light and riverine . The price they are commanding now is a reflection of the market sentiment and the fact that 8RS is still not sold out is a reflection of general view of the project.

People are not blind here you know.

dragonkee
25-11-13, 11:16
What a whole lot of nonsense. How much boon keng will benefit will never be comparable to Kallang. It is like comparable jurong west to marina bay.

8RS itself is disadvantage by the roads surrounding the site and further added the bad design and layout. I can understand why you trying to flog a dead horse, but what I don't understand is why you need to brig down city light and riverine . The price they are commanding now is a reflection of the market sentiment and the fact that 8RS is still not sold out is a reflection of general view of the project.

Anything wrong with the design and layout? I feel ok wa, I like to see so many water inside this project ...

clemdale24
25-11-13, 11:34

Fierce. Im not trying to pick an argument with u here. just trying to express my views in the most diplomatic way possible.

i agree that both riverine and citylights, and southbank for that matter, are very good condos. too bad i was too young to purchase any of them in the late 2000s. in other words i missed the boat - not by stupidity. these 3 condos in the lavender area are very unique, stand alone condos in that region, and no doubt rental income wise they are quite unbeatable.

So what im saying now is that, being as iconic and one-of-a-kind in the vicinity, suddenly in the span of a few years, multiple blocks of other residential housing will sprout out directly in front, or next to them. Not only will the views be obscured, blocked and immensely changed, rental competition will be fiercer. From 3 condos to choose from, there could be 7. From 7 cars on the road, there could be 10. From 2 people walking on the sidewalk, there could be 5. From 3 people in the wendy's queue, there could be 4. So overall i find it hard to understand why or how this will benefit condos in lavender now. Maybe u could argue that prices may increase. Yes they could, but in a few yrs time, those 3 condos will be old. One selling point is of course, location, which never changes, but another top selling point of those 3 condos is the view, which as mentioned before, will take a hit the moment concrete slabs are erected in close proximity to them (i think riverine will be most affected, but yet again its the only freehold one amongst the 3).

As for 8RS, well u may not like the project and its surroundings, but i dont thnk u should diss it cos its not a bad project with not a bad pricing for its location. it may not compare highly to the condos in lavender for now, thats true. but it has all the material for further appreciation in price. we can offer our opinions freely but dont diss another project for the sake of it. i never did for the lavender condos - i only praised them - but offered my honest opinions on their future.

zeamybro
25-11-13, 12:38
I personally like the 8RS project although i am not vested.

Having worked in the vicinity for several years, I got to experience and appreciate the convenience of the location. It is very convenient to travel from there to various parts of sg. Its only a couple of stops away from Dhoby Ghaut Mrt. There are plenty of amenities there. The traffic may be heavy but is actually not that bad. Traffic at balestier is much worse.

princess_morbucks
25-11-13, 12:53
I personally like the 8RS project although i am not vested.

Having worked in the vicinity for several years, I got to experience and appreciate the convenience of the location. It is very convenient to travel from there to various parts of sg. Its only a couple of stops away from Dhoby Ghaut Mrt. There are plenty of amenities there. The traffic may be heavy but is actually not that bad. Traffic at balestier is much worse.

I agree with you, zeamybro.
The location is convenient.

However it may not appeal to some as there is an industrial feel about that area.
However the layout is good.
Space is well made use of.

iridrium
25-11-13, 13:38
Fierce. Im not trying to pick an argument with u here. just trying to express my views in the most diplomatic way possible.

i agree that both riverine and citylights, and southbank for that matter, are very good condos. too bad i was too young to purchase any of them in the late 2000s. in other words i missed the boat - not by stupidity. these 3 condos in the lavender area are very unique, stand alone condos in that region, and no doubt rental income wise they are quite unbeatable.

So what im saying now is that, being as iconic and one-of-a-kind in the vicinity, suddenly in the span of a few years, multiple blocks of other residential housing will sprout out directly in front, or next to them. Not only will the views be obscured, blocked and immensely changed, rental competition will be fiercer. From 3 condos to choose from, there could be 7. From 7 cars on the road, there could be 10. From 2 people walking on the sidewalk, there could be 5. From 3 people in the wendy's queue, there could be 4. So overall i find it hard to understand why or how this will benefit condos in lavender now. Maybe u could argue that prices may increase. Yes they could, but in a few yrs time, those 3 condos will be old. One selling point is of course, location, which never changes, but another top selling point of those 3 condos is the view, which as mentioned before, will take a hit the moment concrete slabs are erected in close proximity to them (i think riverine will be most affected, but yet again its the only freehold one amongst the 3).

As for 8RS, well u may not like the project and its surroundings, but i dont thnk u should diss it cos its not a bad project with not a bad pricing for its location. it may not compare highly to the condos in lavender for now, thats true. but it has all the material for further appreciation in price. we can offer our opinions freely but dont diss another project for the sake of it. i never did for the lavender condos - i only praised them - but offered my honest opinions on their future.

There is no such thing as iconic and one of a kind, alomost every condo is one of a kind. As for the iconic one, there is only these hand. What Citylight and Riverine offers over 8RS is the basic fundamental of property, location.

I have my own opinion of this project that differs from a lot others here, but I stand by my point that the attractiveness of each property mentioned before, the market can speaks for them.

clemdale24
25-11-13, 15:58
There is no such thing as iconic and one of a kind, alomost every condo is one of a kind. As for the iconic one, there is only these hand. What Citylight and Riverine offers over 8RS is the basic fundamental of property, location.

I have my own opinion of this project that differs from a lot others here, but I stand by my point that the attractiveness of each property mentioned before, the market can speaks for them.

U seem hell bent on mentioning things just to make yourself feel better. Like i said, lavender is a good area, but to me, so is boonkeng and thus so is eight riversuites. Both are equally close to the city, both are well connected by road train and buses. Im not too sure abt lavender but boonkeng also has a hawker centre, banks etcetc.. i dont want to keep repeating this. So yes u may not like this, and u may use the market sentiments to back yourself up, but for me, unfortunately (or fortunately) i dont always trust the market. I trust what i believe. The market is always right? - sorry, this phrase doesnt work for me.

iridrium
25-11-13, 17:11
U seem hell bent on mentioning things just to make yourself feel better. Like i said, lavender is a good area, but to me, so is boonkeng and thus so is eight riversuites. Both are equally close to the city, both are well connected by road train and buses. Im not too sure abt lavender but boonkeng also has a hawker centre, banks etcetc.. i dont want to keep repeating this. So yes u may not like this, and u may use the market sentiments to back yourself up, but for me, unfortunately (or fortunately) i dont always trust the market. I trust what i believe. The market is always right? - sorry, this phrase doesnt work for me.

Ok. And your point is?

You believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe.

I grew up around boon keng, I'm pretty sure I know the area quite well.

timmy
26-11-13, 22:19
Anything wrong with the design and layout? I feel ok wa, I like to see so many water inside this project ...

Location, layout, design and price for 8RS all work to its advantage. In fact, it's sales is also not bad. 70% sold for such a large project in city fringe in a lacklustre environment is considered reasonable. Definitely got potential for upside in long run, esp when the area undergoes rejuvenation.

dragonkee
26-11-13, 22:51
Location, layout, design and price for 8RS all work to its advantage. In fact, it's sales is also not bad. 70% sold for such a large project in city fringe in a lacklustre environment is considered reasonable. Definitely got potential for upside in long run, esp when the area undergoes rejuvenation.

I agree with you that BoonKeng is undergoing rejuvenation :cutedoggy:
And hope they can do 'something' on the Kallang river :rolleyes:

clemdale24
26-11-13, 22:55
I agree with you that BoonKeng is undergoing rejuvenation :cutedoggy:
And hope they can do 'something' on the Kallang river :rolleyes:

u are both right. its the whole package u look at, not one single factor. and true that 70% sold for a large development in 1.5 yrs since launching is not bad.

dragonkee
27-11-13, 22:03
Hmm saw the promotion outside the showroom. Buy a 3 bedroom unit can get a car with special price. Just curious how much the buyer need to pay for the car, with COE? Anyone here know the details ? Can share :) thanks!

timmy
27-11-13, 22:54
Hmm saw the promotion outside the showroom. Buy a 3 bedroom unit can get a car with special price. Just curious how much the buyer need to pay for the car, with COE? Anyone here know the details ? Can share :) thanks!

Top up 10 k get a Renault fluence 1.6(A) with Coe. But not a discount. Price of car already built into higher condo price.

dragonkee
27-11-13, 23:44
Top up 10 k get a Renault fluence 1.6(A) with Coe. But not a discount. Price of car already built into higher condo price.

Thanks Timmy for the info :) Then I guess should be for those super high floor units la, e.g > 20 and the price is $$$$$$$&$$

Phew! then not so heart pain :). If the promotion is for all 3 bedroom units, then I :banghead: hahahaha

clemdale24
28-11-13, 16:20
Thanks Timmy for the info :) Then I guess should be for those super high floor units la, e.g > 20 and the price is $$$$$$$&$$

Phew! then not so heart pain :). If the promotion is for all 3 bedroom units, then I :banghead: hahahaha

which type/ floor unit did u buy?

dragonkee
28-11-13, 20:23
which type/ floor unit did u buy?

936. Mid floor. U?

derekong
28-11-13, 20:30

This is a forum of which everyone has the right to share their views. Obviously it's common there's a clash of opinions but I think you should have a better choice of words.

I do not agree 100% of what the other bro is saying but I certainly wouldn't say it's nonsense.

Both 8RS and Rivierine certainly have their upsides and everyone have their unique views. Let's respect that.

Being born around Boon Keng doesn't make a person more knowledgeable of property in that area. It's like saying I'm smarter than an investor simply becos I studied investment in school. Unfortunately it's more than that.

Let's all make this a better place and both share and respect each views.

As for the other bro, I feel that 8RS has the potential to reach the PSF of Rivierine, but once Kallang Bugis and Kallang River is fully developed, then the sky is the limit for those vested there.

Just my 2ct worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing everyone.

clemdale24
28-11-13, 21:48
Today's Straits Times reveals that the government has plans for country's first retirement village to be located in Whampoa. The village will include studio flats, with elderly friendly facilities. Whampoa was selected for its high proportion of poor elderly residents, many of whom live in 3 room flats or smaller. Discussion is ongoing and approval from the authorities are likely to be granted next year.

Any bros in here have any idea where in Whampoa this retirement village may be located? Whampoa is a medium-sized estate, stretching from Boon Keng across the CTE to Kim Keat.

Also, what would be the impact of a retirement village on the surrounding condos?

iridrium
28-11-13, 23:37
This is a forum of which everyone has the right to share their views. Obviously it's common there's a clash of opinions but I think you should have a better choice of words.

I do not agree 100% of what the other bro is saying but I certainly wouldn't say it's nonsense.

Both 8RS and Rivierine certainly have their upsides and everyone have their unique views. Let's respect that.

Being born around Boon Keng doesn't make a person more knowledgeable of property in that area. It's like saying I'm smarter than an investor simply becos I studied investment in school. Unfortunately it's more than that.

Let's all make this a better place and both share and respect each views.

As for the other bro, I feel that 8RS has the potential to reach the PSF of Rivierine, but once Kallang Bugis and Kallang River is fully developed, then the sky is the limit for those vested there.

Just my 2ct worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing everyone.

Obviously lots of newbies and some vested trying to cyber bully me? Lol. Which part of my words is a bad choice of word? Problem here is that there are too many self serving people here trying to misled people. Yes, growing up at boon keng doesn't make me a expert, but it make me know who is trying to kid who.

And it piss me off when someone does that. I won't diss a place I grew up in, had load of great memories of, but that does not make it a great place right?

To put things into context, the msg I was replying to goes like this:

Originally Posted by clemdale24

AND I still uphold my belief that 8RS will never be as good as city light or riverine. I know people here spent lots of money on unit here, but hey, it's just my 2cents worth of opinion. Peace out and happy sharing.

Sleepless
30-11-13, 14:47
Anyone has any views on this?

Today's Straits Times reveals that the government has plans for country's first retirement village to be located in Whampoa. The village will include studio flats, with elderly friendly facilities. Whampoa was selected for its high proportion of poor elderly residents, many of whom live in 3 room flats or smaller. Discussion is ongoing and approval from the authorities are likely to be granted next year.

Any bros in here have any idea where in Whampoa this retirement village may be located? Whampoa is a medium-sized estate, stretching from Boon Keng across the CTE to Kim Keat.

Also, what would be the impact of a retirement village on the surrounding condos?

timmy
30-11-13, 15:57

That means less chance for the 1 room flats there to be en-bloc.

iridrium
30-11-13, 16:04

Bishan folks goes up in arm to prevent a age home to be built because it , I quote ," affect the value of their house". So I think people won't like it.

ecimbew
30-11-13, 17:23
Why would a retirement village impact surrounding property prices?
Won't any one of you grow old? Stop being selfish. Those Bishan folks will have retribution.

iridrium
30-11-13, 17:33
Why would a retirement village impact surrounding property prices?
Won't any one of you grow old? Stop being selfish. Those Bishan folks will have retribution.

I can't agree more. But it is not how I feel matters right? I am just quoting the reaction when similar things happen elsewhere.

I just hope those selfish ass-es don't get old and lonely next time.

clemdale24
30-11-13, 17:46
I can't agree more. But it is not how I feel matters right? I am just quoting the reaction when similar things happen elsewhere.

I just hope those selfish ass-es don't get old and lonely next time.

But where in whampoa? Anyone knows?

Sleepless
30-11-13, 18:32

Not sure too......

timmy
30-11-13, 20:36

Tsao Foundation in talks with MOH, HDB to launch retirement village
Published on Nov 28, 2013

By Janice Tai

Singapore's*first HDB retirement village is likely to be located in Whampoa.

Under this retirement village model, which is common in countries such as the United States and Britain, elderly persons live within an area that has a wide range of facilities and services catered to their needs.

Tsao Foundation is in discussions with the Health Ministry and the Housing Board to set up such a retirement village at a cluster of HDB blocks in Whampoa.

Some plans include having studio apartments with features that are more suited to the elderly who are mobile. Those who need help with basic tasks like bathing or eating will be housed in a 10-room ward or a nursing home. Medical staff will be on hand to tend to their needs.

timmy
30-11-13, 20:38

By Janice Tai

Under this retirement village model, which is common in countries such as the United States and Britain, elderly persons live within an area that has a wide range of facilities and services catered to their needs.

Tsao Foundation is in discussions with the Health Ministry and the Housing Board to set up such a retirement village at a cluster of HDB blocks in Whampoa.

Some plans include having studio apartments with features that are more suited to the elderly who are mobile. Those who need help with basic tasks like bathing or eating will be housed in a 10-room ward or a nursing home. Medical staff will be on hand to tend to their needs.

Is it confirmed, or just a speculation? Thought Ura released 60 yr lease site at jalan kechil jurong for retirement housing? Wouldn't Ura want to follow thru their plans, rather than look at whampoa?

Cyberknight
30-11-13, 21:45
Whampoa is HDB type retirement homes village.

Jalan jurong Kecil is private developed retirement village 60 yrs lease.

Different masses.

clemdale24
30-11-13, 22:42
Not sure too......

Whampoa is so big.. could be anywhere i think.
could be near boonkeng mrt (where the one room flats are), or could be across the CTE on the balastier road/kim keat road side.

if new hdbs could be built on the site where the one room hdbs are, it would be v good for the surroundings..

ecimbew
30-11-13, 23:16
Published on 30 Nov, 2013

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/no-discussion-hdb-retirement-village-foundation-20131130

No discussion with HDB on retirement village: Foundation

WE REFER to Thursday's article ("First HDB retirement village on the cards").

The Tsao Foundation is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and I shared with The Straits Times the aspiration for creating a community that would enable successful ageing and ageing-in-place, and discussed a pilot scheme to enable seniors to age-in-place that we are developing in conjunction with the City For All Ages initiative and other partners in Whampoa.

In that conversation, I mentioned that such a community would - ideally - have a comprehensive slew of services integrated into HDB housing, such as assisted living facilities.

It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to participate in such a scheme in the future, and we have expressed our interest to the Ministry of Health.

I emphasised that this conversation on our possible involvement is very exploratory and far from concrete.

The Tsao Foundation is not in discussion with the HDB on setting up Singapore's "first HDB retirement village" and I apologise if it has been miscommunicated.

Mary Ann Tsao (Dr)

Chairman Tsao Foundation

By Janice Tai

timmy
01-12-13, 13:30
Published on 30 Nov, 2013

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/no-discussion-hdb-retirement-village-foundation-20131130

No discussion with HDB on retirement village: Foundation

WE REFER to Thursday's article ("First HDB retirement village on the cards").

The Tsao Foundation is celebrating its 20th anniversary, and I shared with The Straits Times the aspiration for creating a community that would enable successful ageing and ageing-in-place, and discussed a pilot scheme to enable seniors to age-in-place that we are developing in conjunction with the City For All Ages initiative and other partners in Whampoa.

In that conversation, I mentioned that such a community would - ideally - have a comprehensive slew of services integrated into HDB housing, such as assisted living facilities.

It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to participate in such a scheme in the future, and we have expressed our interest to the Ministry of Health.

I emphasised that this conversation on our possible involvement is very exploratory and far from concrete.

The Tsao Foundation is not in discussion with the HDB on setting up Singapore's "first HDB retirement village" and I apologise if it has been miscommunicated.

Mary Ann Tsao (Dr)

Chairman Tsao Foundation

This is a case of very poor reporting by ST. Publish article without checking with authorities, leading to unproductive speculation. I suspect MND must have asked Tsao to issue a clarification letter. Actually it doesn't make sense to have such a prime area reserved for retirement housing in the long run.

clemdale24
13-12-13, 09:37
This is a case of very poor reporting by ST. Publish article without checking with authorities, leading to unproductive speculation. I suspect MND must have asked Tsao to issue a clarification letter. Actually it doesn't make sense to have such a prime area reserved for retirement housing in the long run.

any updates?

timmy
16-12-13, 13:04
any updates?

9 units sold in nov.

clemdale24
16-12-13, 15:40
9 units sold in nov.

whats the total sold?

timmy
17-12-13, 19:14
whats the total sold?

596 out of 862 units sold

chrischocolates
19-12-13, 15:26
CHRISTMAS STARBUYS ! GRAB THE REASONABLE PRICES AT CITY FRINGE ! (http://www.sgpropertyagent.com.sg/8-Riversuites.html):cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy:

dragonkee
19-12-13, 23:36
CHRISTMAS STARBUYS ! GRAB THE REASONABLE PRICES AT CITY FRINGE ! (http://www.sgpropertyagent.com.sg/8-Riversuites.html):cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy::cutedoggy:

Got Xmas sales at 8rs?

csgan97
22-12-13, 17:09
I wonder why Bartley Ridge sold more units than 8 Rs ?? I thought 8 rs is better in term of location and etc ... :doh:

Originally Posted by*chantl*

As of 7th Dec, Total sales == 744/868 (85.71%)

timmy
22-12-13, 20:11
I wonder why Bartley Ridge sold more units than 8 Rs ?? I thought 8 rs is better in term of location and etc ... :doh:

Originally Posted by*chantl*

As of 7th Dec, Total sales == 744/868 (85.71%)

Bartley ridge much cheaper, psf and quantum wise.

clemdale24
22-12-13, 21:33
Bartley ridge much cheaper, psf and quantum wise.

its not mcuh cheaper la.

8rs avg price is 1300-1400, bartley ridge avg price is 1200-1300.
location wise needless to say.. uncomparable, in terms of surrounding amenities and distance from cbd.

timmy
23-12-13, 20:21
its not mcuh cheaper la.

8rs avg price is 1300-1400, bartley ridge avg price is 1200-1300.
location wise needless to say.. uncomparable, in terms of surrounding amenities and distance from cbd.

Guess the better location for 8RS justifies its higher price. As for why sales at Bartley ridge are better, is it an issue of price sensitivity of buyers in the current climate which tips the price-location trade-off in favor of price?

Stampee
24-12-13, 09:47
8RS land area is smaller and the layout of the units are very small, not able to put Queen Bed. I almost got it but settled for BR instead due to the puny room size as my parents will be moving in too.

clemdale24
24-12-13, 10:33
8RS land area is smaller and the layout of the units are very small, not able to put Queen Bed. I almost got it but settled for BR instead due to the puny room size as my parents will be moving in too.

which unit layout are u referring to exactly?

yes the land area is smaller. but its much closer to the city (although bartley is still considered city fringe). most city fringe projects are similar - look at citysquare residences, citylights etc.. similar situation. Bartley for me is too ulu. even with the bidadari overhaul, its just in a location which i deem a bit too... ulu. i need amenities/mrt, so renting out will be easier.

dragonkee
24-12-13, 19:49
which unit layout are u referring to exactly?

yes the land area is smaller. but its much closer to the city (although bartley is still considered city fringe). most city fringe projects are similar - look at citysquare residences, citylights etc.. similar situation. Bartley for me is too ulu. even with the bidadari overhaul, its just in a location which i deem a bit too... ulu. i need amenities/mrt, so renting out will be easier.

For 8RS, 936 sqf, don think all bedrooms can squeeze in queen size bed, the room a bit small..

csgan97
26-12-13, 16:36
For 8RS, 936 sqf, don think all bedrooms can squeeze in queen size bed, the room a bit small..

:eek:
Bartley Ridge:
2+Study (829-861sf) from $1,009,600
3 Bedroom (969-980sf) from $1,111,400
3+Study (1,163sf) from $1,479,700
4 Bedroom (1,302sf) from $1,553,900

:eek: are you saying all room in bartley ridge can squeeze in queen size bed? I go to the show room and the size all about the same :beats-me-man:

Greenwood
26-12-13, 17:48
:eek:
Bartley Ridge:
2+Study (829-861sf) from $1,009,600
3 Bedroom (969-980sf) from $1,111,400
3+Study (1,163sf) from $1,479,700
4 Bedroom (1,302sf) from $1,553,900

:eek: are you saying all room in bartley ridge can squeeze in queen size bed? I go to the show room and the size all about the same :beats-me-man:

Think all bedrooms at BR can fit a queen bed comfortably. You msy want to visit the showflat again to verify.

clemdale24
29-12-13, 17:43
i was thinking how to beautify the river in front of 8RS. actually building a pedestrian bridge across the river directly in btw bendemeer and serangoon roads would be nice. especially if it lies in line with the 8RS entrance. then walking to the market/ mrt.. we wouldnt need to use the traffic heavy serangoon road pedestrian walkway!

what do u guys think? dont flame me.. just a suggestion/idea.

dragonkee
30-12-13, 19:24
i was thinking how to beautify the river in front of 8RS. actually building a pedestrian bridge across the river directly in btw bendemeer and serangoon roads would be nice. especially if it lies in line with the 8RS entrance. then walking to the market/ mrt.. we wouldnt need to use the traffic heavy serangoon road pedestrian walkway!

Cannot remember where I download this picture , there is a bridge in front of the main entrance :D

but I think is someones idea only, not in the original site plan ...

clemdale24
30-12-13, 21:34
Cannot remember where I download this picture , there is a bridge in front of the main entrance :D

but I think is someones idea only, not in the original site plan ...

they should totally have kept to this idea! ok putting it aside...

seriously what do u guys think? a bridge across the whampoa river at the very entrance/exit of 8RS? definitely makes walking to the mrt slightly closer.

do u think we can suggest this to the developer? or am i being crazy..

timmy
30-12-13, 22:40
they should totally have kept to this idea! ok putting it aside...

seriously what do u guys think? a bridge across the whampoa river at the very entrance/exit of 8RS? definitely makes walking to the mrt slightly closer.

do u think we can suggest this to the developer? or am i being crazy..

Or should u be suggesting to MND, since the bridge will be considered a public infrastructure?

ecimbew
01-01-14, 20:03

Sorry to burst the bubble but the MPs at Moulmein-Kallang are not doing much to beautify the area in my opinion. Just walk around and see if roadside grass is trimmed.

clemdale24
01-01-14, 22:04
Sorry to burst the bubble but the MPs at Moulmein-Kallang are not doing much to beautify the area in my opinion. Just walk around and see if roadside grass is trimmed.

this district/ residential area is a blackhorse/underdog. its potential i believe is yet to have been realised. for now, detractors say its messy, old, low class. but what they dont see is its proximity to city, to the major expressways, to kallang waterfront, to the new sporting hub, as well as the future bidadari estate. never mind, prices for now, while not low, are acceptable compared to many new launches in punggol/ bukit panjang/ other far flung areas. one day, we shall see :D

clemdale24
03-01-14, 22:55
the hdbs in bendemeer are getting a new coat of paint. from their current beige/off-white to pure white + blue. guess its a good start to rejuvenating the estate.

iforum
04-01-14, 09:07
the hdbs in bendemeer are getting a new coat of paint. from their current beige/off-white to pure white + blue. guess its a good start to rejuvenating the estate.

Like!!! :cutedoggy:

clemdale24
12-01-14, 21:44
can visit the eight riversuites residents singapore fb page for more updates! looks like its progressing v nicely.. the faster the better. im sure with all the new projects sprouting up in boonkeng, like 8RS, bendemeer lights, mcnair towers, regent residences, riverbay, riviera 38 etc.. the area will look v different in a few years time!

Eh
15-01-14, 10:38
Saw the marketing agent set up stall at kovan outside heartland mall for this project last month or the month before that and I was thinking, sure or not? :confused:

I feel as long as those one room flats around boon Keng MRT are still around, I don't think much will change.

clemdale24
16-01-14, 22:16
Saw the marketing agent set up stall at kovan outside heartland mall for this project last month or the month before that and I was thinking, sure or not? :confused:

I feel as long as those one room flats around boon Keng MRT are still around, I don't think much will change.

each for his own, but for me having those one room hdbs there do not bother me. a good city fringe location and easy accessibility will forever remain. other aspects are fleeting.

dragonkee
06-02-14, 19:21
received letter for 2nd payment .. basement completed :D

clemdale24
07-02-14, 21:34

thats good news. cant wait to see it peek through the fencing.

Dragonfly
09-02-14, 07:25

Which block is yours? I haven't received.

dragonkee
09-02-14, 13:20
Which block is yours? I haven't received.

Mine is block 16. U? You join eight riversuites residents singapore on Facebook. Can see some progress update picture on site.

Dragonfly
09-02-14, 17:20
Mine is block 16. U? You join eight riversuites residents singapore on Facebook. Can see some progress update picture on site.
Mine is block 2. Joined fb but didn't see any latest construction update. I am still thinking they will only ask for the first 10% payment in Q3 as the construction seem slow.

angel.tan
10-02-14, 21:07
can visit the eight riversuites residents singapore fb page for more updates! looks like its progressing v nicely.. the faster the better. im sure with all the new projects sprouting up in boonkeng, like 8RS, bendemeer lights, mcnair towers, regent residences, riverbay, riviera 38 etc.. the area will look v different in a few years time!

Fully agree.

qianfugui
11-02-14, 08:56
Fully agree.
I live around the area.

Project is excellent A**** based on locality (city-fringe next to to CBD, Orchard, Kallang ), Accessibility (mrt - NEL, DTL) expressways CTE, PIE, KPE
Transport cost, travelling time to any part of island is fair and square.

Fantastic views across N S E W of Singapore. What else do you want ? Free-Hold ?

clemdale24
11-02-14, 14:23
I live around the area.

Project is excellent A**** based on locality (city-fringe next to to CBD, Orchard, Kallang ), Accessibility (mrt - NEL, DTL) expressways CTE, PIE, KPE
Transport cost, travelling time to any part of island is fair and square.

Fantastic views across N S E W of Singapore. What else do you want ? Free-Hold ?

A FH condo in this area won't be selling at this price. i think 8RS has v reasonable prices for a D12 condo. some say they think the area is old and abandoned, but one has to realise - location is forever; other aspects are fleeting.

clemdale24
11-02-14, 14:27
Just to add, recently the papers mentioned that Jalan Besar is in line to be the new Tiong Bahru. should this really happen, then boonkeng will surely benefit. look at how redhill prices have soared.. with the rise in profile of tiong bahru. so much so that is is probably on pars with TB now.

Jalan besar may seem v messy and old now (even i agree with this), but again, such aspects are temporary and may change over time. should it become developed and attract the crowds, the focus may gradually shift to boonkeng.

Dragonfly
11-02-14, 20:27
A FH condo in this area won't be selling at this price. i think 8RS has v reasonable prices for a D12 condo. some say they think the area is old and abandoned, but one has to realise - location is forever; other aspects are fleeting.

8river is a hidden gem. Despite criticism about the old estate etc, the surrounding gives a nostalgic feel. I bought it during the soft launch and I have never regretted it. That was before CM 6 or 7 & really thankful I made the decision.

timmy
16-02-14, 08:45
8river is a hidden gem. Despite criticism about the old estate etc, the surrounding gives a nostalgic feel. I bought it during the soft launch and I have never regretted it. That was before CM 6 or 7 & really thankful I made the decision.

So has prices increased since you bought at soft launch?

Dragonfly
16-02-14, 09:47
I bought it on the 2nd last day of soft launch and was told it would increase another 2-3% on official launch. Not sure how true but looking at current pricing, it is still reasonably priced. Higher pricing is because the lower floors have been taken up and left the high floors.

timmy
16-02-14, 18:19
I bought it on the 2nd last day of soft launch and was told it would increase another 2-3% on official launch. Not sure how true but looking at current pricing, it is still reasonably priced. Higher pricing is because the lower floors have been taken up and left the high floors.

So question is whether developer will cut prices to move units now. Project is already 70 percent sold. At 1,300 psf on average, I suppose likelihood of deep discount is low, especially when we compare it's price to $1400-$1500 one MRT stop away at potong pasir.

Dragonfly
16-02-14, 21:35
So question is whether developer will cut prices to move units now. Project is already 70 percent sold. At 1,300 psf on average, I suppose likelihood of deep discount is low, especially when we compare it's price to $1400-$1500 one MRT stop away at potong pasir.

If this project was sold by Far East, maybe already sold-out even if they priced it higher. Chances of UE giving deep discount is low since OCR is somewhere at $1000-1100.
If you got a unit in 8RS, hang on and lets enjoy the ride!

clemdale24
16-02-14, 23:28
If this project was sold by Far East, maybe already sold-out even if they priced it higher. Chances of UE giving deep discount is low since OCR is somewhere at $1000-1100.
If you got a unit in 8RS, hang on and lets enjoy the ride!

True. UE marketing strategy really cannot make it. if anything, that has resulted in only 70% sales so far. like u said, should fareast have been the developer 8RS would be likely fully sold, and at a much higher price, taking into account prices at potong pasir which is further away from the city.

in a way this is a good thing which means that buyers have bought at a lower price than it should be. look at OCR prices - sengkang 1000-1200psf. tanah merah 1300-1500psf. bukit panjang 1000-1100psf. kovan 1200-1300psf. and JURONG - dont have to say much more.

so this boonkeng project, at 1300-1400psf, sounds rather reasonable. as close to the city as redhill, where echelon is going for 1700-1800psf. of course i agree redhill is definitely more atas, but convenience wise they are both on par. so the 400psf difference to me, is not justified.

Dragonfly
17-02-14, 09:08
True. UE marketing strategy really cannot make it. if anything, that has resulted in only 70% sales so far. like u said, should fareast have been the developer 8RS would be likely fully sold, and at a much higher price, taking into account prices at potong pasir which is further away from the city.

in a way this is a good thing which means that buyers have bought at a lower price than it should be. look at OCR prices - sengkang 1000-1200psf. tanah merah 1300-1500psf. bukit panjang 1000-1100psf. kovan 1200-1300psf. and JURONG - dont have to say much more.

so this boonkeng project, at 1300-1400psf, sounds rather reasonable. as close to the city as redhill, where echelon is going for 1700-1800psf. of course i agree redhill is definitely more atas, but convenience wise they are both on par. so the 400psf difference to me, is not justified.

Absoutley agree. After all, it is the marketing strategy. I am surprised ppl are willing to pay for what you have mentioned above for areas in Sengkang & Bukit Panjang. When my agent asked if I am interested in Echelon, I shaked my head. That 400psf really a Big difference to me too!

Ilikeu
07-03-14, 14:04
Hi, anyone knows if the showflat is still open for viewing? and the current price for the 3 & 4 bedders?

isplash
07-03-14, 18:59
Hi, anyone knows if the showflat is still open for viewing? and the current price for the 3 & 4 bedders?

Yes is still open. Not sure about the 4 bedders but the 3 bedders are going for 1.3m onwards.

dragonkee
07-03-14, 19:05
Yes is still open. Not sure about the 4 bedders but the 3 bedders are going for 1.3m onwards.

Tot 3 bedders 936 sqf still got 1.15m if based on property guru website. But don know true or not :)

isplash
07-03-14, 19:40
Tot 3 bedders 936 sqf still got 1.15m if based on property guru website. But don know true or not :)

Not sure about that though... i am referring to 980 sqf : )

dragonkee
07-03-14, 22:47
Not sure about that though... i am referring to 980 sqf : )

Oh.... ic :)

Kenshinto80
08-03-14, 05:03
Oh.... ic :)
Stretch your budget a bit, this is a star buy with huge potential upside. Undervalued project. Can eat Boon Tong Kee everyday leh. Awesome chicken rice....oh ya...now got the curry chicken combo on offer....must try!

hyenergix
08-03-14, 05:20
Stretch your budget a bit, this is a star buy with huge potential upside. Undervalued project. Can eat Boon Tong Kee everyday leh. Awesome chicken rice....oh ya...now got the curry chicken combo on offer....must try!

I also think this is an undervalued project...

iforum
08-03-14, 10:24
buy buy buy
:jump-for-joy:

clemdale24
08-03-14, 14:56

undervalued. low key. like the forgotten middle child.
thanks to the lousy marketing by UE.

dragonkee
08-03-14, 17:09

Actually wanted to buy 980, but don like the facing (potong pasir). And 1.3m only can get low floor. So end up get the 936 ,and got 2 balcony. Like it :)

timmy
08-03-14, 22:12

What then will help this project realise its potential?

clemdale24
09-03-14, 22:36

good question timmy. i also wanna hear from the expert haha

hyenergix
09-03-14, 22:39

The surrounding is old. When they get rejuvenated. I think it will be when Bidadari is launched.

timmy
09-03-14, 23:20
The surrounding is old. When they get rejuvenated. I think it will be when Bidadari is launched.

IMHO, the following factors will help 8RS realise its value. Some factors are more immediate than the others:
- completion of sports hub
- en-bloc of the old private estates (e.g. Euro- Asia, st Francis court)
- new HDB flats at BOon keng reach 5-yr MOP
- site at serangoon road get launched
- new mrt line with bendemeer station open

clemdale24
10-03-14, 12:21
IMHO, the following factors will help 8RS realise its value. Some factors are more immediate than the others:
- completion of sports hub
- en-bloc of the old private estates (e.g. Euro- Asia, st Francis court)
- new HDB flats at BOon keng reach 5-yr MOP
- site at serangoon road get launched
- new mrt line with bendemeer station open

i like your analysis timmy. and hyenergix - thanks for your expert opinion.
in my amateur opinion, i think points no. 2/3/4/5 will have significant impact on boonkeng house prices. however, the biggest and most important factor is still the overall upgrading of the estate, ie, getting rid of the 1 room HDBs.

Imm
11-03-14, 18:57
yes getting rid of the old hdbs with ground floor retail will have one of the largest impact to 8 riversuites

As the HDBs are zoned residential with ground floor retail, if sold to private developers it will be relaunch as something similar to The Venue Residences.. perhaps at a larger scale. The price will also be higher than The Venue as it is at a better location and closer to mrt/city. 8 riversuites prices will naturally appreciate when the surroundings get enhanced and also when the new launches in close proximity are priced higher.

Imagine in future walking from 8 riversuites to Mrt is not thru the old HDB but new condo development with new retails shops... the vibe is whole lot different!

timmy
22-03-14, 19:06
yes getting rid of the old hdbs with ground floor retail will have one of the largest impact to 8 riversuites

As the HDBs are zoned residential with ground floor retail, if sold to private developers it will be relaunch as something similar to The Venue Residences.. perhaps at a larger scale. The price will also be higher than The Venue as it is at a better location and closer to mrt/city. 8 riversuites prices will naturally appreciate when the surroundings get enhanced and also when the new launches in close proximity are priced higher.

Imagine in future walking from 8 riversuites to Mrt is not thru the old HDB but new condo development with new retails shops... the vibe is whole lot different!

Just visited Lake Ville near lakeside MRT. Can't believe that the indicative price is 1,250-1350 psf for 3-bedder, almost the same as 8RS. And it is not even near to MRT (450 m). 8RS seems really undervalued.

clemdale24
22-03-14, 19:14
Just visited Lake Ville near lakeside MRT. Can't believe that the indicative price is 1,250-1350 psf for 3-bedder, almost the same as 8RS. And it is not even near to MRT (450 m). 8RS seems really undervalued.

Wow that's really expensive for lakeside, which is actually considered jurong west, not even jurong east. And yes it's pretty much the same price as eight riversuites! Location wise really it's no comparison. So either one is underpriced or the other is overpriced. Ppl don't seem to think j gateway was overpriced, so all I can say is that 8RS is underpriced. What's the price for 2 bedder btw?

timmy
22-03-14, 22:29
Wow that's really expensive for lakeside, which is actually considered jurong west, not even jurong east. And yes it's pretty much the same price as eight riversuites! Location wise really it's no comparison. So either one is underpriced or the other is overpriced. Ppl don't seem to think j gateway was overpriced, so all I can say is that 8RS is underpriced. What's the price for 2 bedder btw?

1310-1480 psf for compact and 1270-1440 psf for standard 2-bedder. Given that the development is 16 storey high, we are talking about up to 1480 for 16 floor 2-bedder at lakeville

clemdale24
23-03-14, 11:39
1310-1480 psf for compact and 1270-1440 psf for standard 2-bedder. Given that the development is 16 storey high, we are talking about up to 1480 for 16 floor 2-bedder at lakeville

one word: expensive (to me). u cannot compare boonkeng with lakeside (jurong west). property prices shouldnt be the same in these 2 areas because it simply doesnt make sense.

dragonkee
27-03-14, 10:57
......cannot upload photo :(

Noexit
27-03-14, 11:00

me too dun know y

dragonkee
27-03-14, 11:51
me too dun know y

just sent in my feedback to the webmaster. Hope got a reply from them soon how to rectify the attachment issue....:D

clemdale24
27-03-14, 22:46
just sent in my feedback to the webmaster. Hope got a reply from them soon how to rectify the attachment issue....:D

what pics are u trying to upload?

dragonkee
27-03-14, 23:19
what pics are u trying to upload?

Gif file..only allow me to enter some URL but not from my laptop hmm..u can upload?

dragonkee
29-03-14, 21:27

Finally..yeah :)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a404/Dragonkee/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdeafce72.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Dragonkee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdeafce72.jpg.html)

dragonkee
29-03-14, 21:44

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a404/Dragonkee/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdeafce72.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Dragonkee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdeafce72.jpg.html)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a404/Dragonkee/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8035a527.jpg (http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Dragonkee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8035a527.jpg.html)

Khng8
29-03-14, 23:14
It does look cramp. Or is it the angle?

clemdale24
30-03-14, 00:13
It does look cramp. Or is it the angle?

thanks dragonkee. looks like its progressive very well.
its hard to judge right now how cramp or spacious it is. one does have to keep in mind the fact that this is a city fringe project hence wont have the amount of free space that OCR projects may offer.

actually if u take the land size vs no of units, 8RS isnt as cramped as some make it out to be. others like echelon and sky habitat/sky vue have a higher no of unit:land size ratio. besides, a significant proportion of 8RS units are 1 bedrooms. in other words, unlikely to house a whole family, but rather a single person or a couple.

Noexit
30-03-14, 12:53

How u upload the picture ?

jackkel
30-03-14, 14:26
testing the image upload....

direct link (using [ img]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE [/img] ignore the space in front of the first IMG:

http://riversuites.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Overall-view-of-Eight-8-RiverSuites.jpg

using upload house
using the code from : (Image URL) To embed this image into webpages or forums, copy and paste this code:

(this is the full code minus the extra space added in front of IMG):
[ IMG]http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19204/19204370121ceceb58d9ec004b93e80b3024d131.jpg[/IMG]

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19204/19204370121ceceb58d9ec004b93e80b3024d131.jpg