PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this scam mail !!!!!

Leeds
12-03-12, 10:48
How are you Sir?

I am very pleased to write you after much consideration. My name is Musa Abdullah The only Son of late Mohammed Abdullah, from Sierra-Leone. My father was former Director of finance Sierra-Leone diamond, Gold and mining corporation, in Free Town, the economic capital of Sierra Leone before his untimely death after his business trip, My father got an accident with my mother of which my mother died instantly but my father died five days after in a private hospital in our country. On that faithful afternoon, I didn't know that my father was going to leave me after I had earlier lost my mother, but before he gave up the ghost, it was as if he knew he was going to die.

My father, oh my GOD (may his soul rest in perfect peace) before he died he called me and told me that he deposited the sum of Nine Million, United State Dollars. USD ($9,000.000.00) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank in Abidjan the economic capital of Cote d' Ivoire. That the money was meant for his diamond and Gold Company he wanted to establish in Tunisia, according to my father he deposited the money in suspense account using my name as the next of kin, He instructed me to seek for a reliable and trust worthy business partner for my life time investment abroad.

Now I have succeeded in locating the deposit documents and the bank where this money was deposited in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire. Due to political problem in my country I am now seeking for your assistance to help me transfer this money out from Cote d'Ivoire into your account abroad so that we should invest it in any meaningful and lucrative business in your country because this is my only hope in life, and now since am the only person left in my family, my uncle has seized all my late father's properties of which he want me to provide every other documents related to my late father's bank deposit I refused. Now my life is in a very big danger, for this reason I have to look for my safety and security pending my coming over to meet you immediately after the transfer to your account. I am now in Abidjan where the money was deposited. I am contacting you now based on confidence and trust I have for you to assist me In this timely project and I wait your sincere and genuine considerations to this proposal to enable me give you further information regarding this Fund and the arrangement.

"I seek your assistance in the following ways"

(1.) Provide a bank account where this money can be transferred into.
(2.) To make arrangements for me to come over to your country after the successful transferring of this money into your account, to come and further my education.
(3.) To help invest this money in a profitable business since I am only 21yrs of age and do not know much about business. And also help me sponsor the transfer of this money into your nominated bank account,

I am ready to relocate and meet with you once you accept me with all your heart. The bank requested me to appoint a representative on my behalf as trustee I have already developed confidence with you since I believe knowing you was through divine intervention, I humbly ask that you take due consideration and promise me that you will always stand by me even after receiving the money in your account. Promise me that you will keep this proposal as top secret and Confidential until this money is successfully transferred to your account.

I am willing to offer you 20% of the total fund if only you can help me, I have decided to honestly confide in you, please reply me immediately for more details.

Thanks and God bless you
Musa Abdullah.

EBD
12-03-12, 10:56
20% of 9 million is almost 2 mill man!

Go for it!

If not give me the chance as I have never heard of the nigerian 419 scam.

ok, jokes aside, it's amazing that this kind on crap can still find someone out there who is not aware of it.

buttercarp
12-03-12, 11:02
Commission from a stranger who trusts you so much to deposit money in your bank account..........
If real, also I don't want to take the chance.
Actually why does he want the bank account number?
What can he do with it?

Condo Kaiser
12-03-12, 11:05
I have helped a Nigeria prince before.... Still waiting for his vast fortunes to be transferred to my bank account... 12mil USD in total... :D :D

Anyone wants a share of my commission please post your bank account here and i will arrange for transfer... :cheers5:

I never fail to laugh when i receive such mails... sometimes they tell such an incredible story...

ysyap
12-03-12, 11:59
So where is the loophole? No use with the account number wat. Furthermore, it must be an international bank otherwise cannot transfer. Lol! :cheers1:

buttercarp
12-03-12, 12:16
My Mom in law was involved in a scam in JB.
Btw, she is educated with a diploma from UK.
She was approached by 2 young adults who claimed that she could win a car instantly if she gave them some cash.
Once you express interest you are a goner.
Cos you will be hypnotized by their persistent ways.
They made her withdraw 5K ringgit from the ATM, then took her on a round about car ride, talking and talking throughout the journey.
Finally they said that the car will be given to her in a few days time.
They called a taxi to bring her back to Singapore.
Once they left and the taxi driver spoke to her, she woke up from the spell and realized she was 5k ringgit poorer.
When asked why she fell for their trap, she said that it was out of greed and curiosity..... that made her vulnerable.
So do not express interest at all when approached.
Do not even speak to them or look them in the eye.

Leeds
12-03-12, 12:34
So where is the loophole? No use with the account number wat. Furthermore, it must be an international bank otherwise cannot transfer. Lol! :cheers1:

My guess is that if anyone respond to this email, he will follow up with more "help" first before he could transfer the money.

ysyap
12-03-12, 13:07
She was approached by 2 young adults who claimed that she could win a car instantly if she gave them some cash.
They made her withdraw 5K ringgit from the ATM, then took her on a round about car ride, talking and talking throughout the journey.
Finally they said that the car will be given to her in a few days time.
They called a taxi to bring her back to Singapore.
Once they left and the taxi driver spoke to her, she woke up from the spell and realized she was 5k ringgit poorer.
When asked why she fell for their trap, she said that it was out of greed and curiosity..... that made her vulnerable.
So do not express interest at all when approached.
Do not even speak to them or look them in the eye.The power of greed... same story with those sellers who are offered their asking price but market sentiments appear to be going up so greedy seller says no and then 1 year later still holding on to that unsold property... lol! :cheers6:

buttercarp
12-03-12, 14:07
The power of greed... same story with those sellers who are offered their asking price but market sentiments appear to be going up so greedy seller says no and then 1 year later still holding on to that unsold property... lol! :cheers6:
If only these owners are susceptible to hypnotism.........:p

EBD
12-03-12, 16:26
Commission from a stranger who trusts you so much to deposit money in your bank account..........
If real, also I don't want to take the chance.
Actually why does he want the bank account number?
What can he do with it?

They don't need your account at all.

All they want is to reel you in with greed - then say they need $10,000 to help setup transfer of 9 mill to your account.......

then got difficulty , need another $10,000 - only 20k what! Going to get nearly 2 million!

Next need another $10,000.............. lame reason......... finally realise you are donkey and have been played

howgozit
12-03-12, 17:40
In Buttercup's mum's car scam, while they were very persuasive I don't think her mum was hypnotised otherwise they would have gotten her to withdraw more money from the ATM.

More than greed, I think people are seduced by a good deal. If a stranger wants to give me something for free I would reject it immediately. However, if something was offered at a highly reduced price I think most people would be interested.

In this way, the email scams work a bit differently from the car scams and are able to entice educated people like Buttercup's mother who even studied in UK (I am guessing nursing)

ysyap
12-03-12, 17:53
If only these owners are susceptible to hypnotism.........:pIn all cases, the victims are hypnotised by their own greed. :banghead:

irisng
12-03-12, 19:11
He thinks that Singaporeans are fool. Who will dare to give their accounts to a stranger. Nothing is free in this world. I suspect that his is an illegal money because previously my company also received quite a lot of these type of letters asking us to help them to remit out the money to our accounts, if not their money will be suspended and then they will give us some commission, but don't be greed, if not might get into trouble.

buttercarp
13-03-12, 10:55
In Buttercup's mum's car scam, while they were very persuasive I don't think her mum was hypnotised otherwise they would have gotten her to withdraw more money from the ATM.

More than greed, I think people are seduced by a good deal. If a stranger wants to give me something for free I would reject it immediately. However, if something was offered at a highly reduced price I think most people would be interested.

In this way, the email scams work a bit differently from the car scams and are able to entice educated people like Buttercup's mother who even studied in UK (I am guessing nursing)

Good guess about the nursing part!
Btw that happened to my mother in- law.
My own mother is very suspicious of strangers.
My mother in-law's ATM limit was 5K ringgit.... otherwise she may have lost more.

zzz1
13-03-12, 11:23
20% of 9 million is almost 2 mill man!

Go for it!

If not give me the chance as I have never heard of the nigerian 419 scam.

ok, jokes aside, it's amazing that this kind on crap can still find someone out there who is not aware of it.
The mails are send to million of ppl via ramdon selection , it only take a few to be hooked . In Properlities , that still work. Cos we still have the one out of million who still believe.....

zzz1
13-03-12, 14:24
They made her withdraw 5K ringgit from the ATM, then took her on a round about car ride, talking and talking throughout the
e.
Consider this was a very very lucky case...ur mum in law took the car for a ride... She could have been kidnapped ..... That 5 k is a small amount ...

buttercarp
13-03-12, 14:31
Consider this was a very very lucky case...ur mum in law took the car for a ride... She could have been kidnapped ..... That 5 k is a small amount ...

Yup...... it's true.... fortunately she was not harmed.

Btw.... do you monitor your itunes store transaction closely?
My kids buy things on itunes and it is rather hard for me to keep track.

Why can't they be like android.... each time buy each time enter credit card number. That way is easier to remember what you have bought.

ysyap
13-03-12, 16:34

Why can't they be like android.... each time buy each time enter credit card number. That way is easier to remember what you have bought.If need credit card number then business will drop lor... its precisely coz of this loophole where youths will buy mindlessly that the market is targeting at... :spliff:

zzz1
13-03-12, 20:48

Why can't they be like android.... each time buy each time enter credit card number. That way is easier to remember what you have bought.
That remind me to check acc statement. My kid ever played some games and accidently bought some game credit which cost about 2-3 bux...

Yap... That suck.. Nn need credit re entry still can buy things...