PDA

View Full Version : HUA SING PHONE SCAM! BEWARE

solsys
09-03-12, 14:23
Hi Guys,

:simmering:

I received a series of calls from this company 'Hua Sing' (they speak in mandarin and call was either Blocked or from Hong Kong, +852 6725 7360)

1st Call - they invite you to a charity event to lower your guard
2nd Call - they ask if you are at the event itself (which most of us won't attend coz we are busy or wondering what this dubious company is doing)
3rd Call - they claim you won a prize but weren't at the location itself to claim the prize.:eek:

They then request for your personal information so that they can verify your particulars, which I didn't.

I found them dubious and called Singapore Police Force, which they say yes, it's a SCAM and they received numerous reports on it.:scared-1:

DON'T REVEAL YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE SCUMS.:hell-hath-no-fury:

buttercarp
09-03-12, 14:37
The moment I see a China or hong Kong number I am on my guard. The moment I hear an unfamiliar person speaking in Chinese, I will respond in other languages and the party will hang up.

devilplate
09-03-12, 14:41
The moment I see a China or hong Kong number I am on my guard. The moment I hear an unfamiliar person speaking in Chinese, I will respond in other languages and the party will hang up.
Wahaha nice one sis!

ysyap
09-03-12, 14:43
This reminds me of my personal experience. Got a call from a chinese speaking operator. She asked for my time but I declined. She insisted that I give her opportunity so after declining 2 more times, I let her speak. Half way through the conversation, I cut her and said I'm not interested. Then she insisted that I must let her finish. After she finished, I said sorry I'm not interested. She scolded me and said why I didn't tell her from the beginning and insinuated that I wasted her time. Before I could scold her, she slammed the phone in my face. I don't know what hit me... :doh: Crap calls!

p3nboy
09-03-12, 15:48
after she finish her 1st sentence.
me " you call the wrong number"
she " i didnt call the wrong number"
I hang up anyway :p

mcmlxxvi
09-03-12, 16:10
Ya. I said Sorry I cant speak Chinese...

roly8
09-03-12, 16:17
can try my korean language on them..:D:D

anyway, my method is....end the call immediately before she can finish her second sentence.. :D:D

solsys
09-03-12, 18:39
Next time if I receive such calls, I will ask her if she's the prize but since she is a phone operator likely is "Laga lorry" one.

I scared I want to do gift exchange with people, people see you run away Liao....

:p

irisng
09-03-12, 20:22
Hi Guys,

:simmering:

I received a series of calls from this company 'Hua Sing' (they speak in mandarin and call was either Blocked or from Hong Kong, +852 6725 7360)

1st Call - they invite you to a charity event to lower your guard
2nd Call - they ask if you are at the event itself (which most of us won't attend coz we are busy or wondering what this dubious company is doing)
3rd Call - they claim you won a prize but weren't at the location itself to claim the prize.:eek:

They then request for your personal information so that they can verify your particulars, which I didn't.

I found them dubious and called Singapore Police Force, which they say yes, it's a SCAM and they received numerous reports on it.:scared-1:

DON'T REVEAL YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE SCUMS.:hell-hath-no-fury:

On 1st Mar, my home phone rung, it was an overseas call, luckily I have a caller ID, so I didn't pick it up. The number is 852-221-69364.

Few years back, my sister received a home call, a boy was crying and he kept calling her mummy and murmuring about something which my sister couldn't hear properly, it sounds like her son. Luckily she has a caller ID and the number appeared to be an overseas calls. She knew that it was a trap because her sons were in Singapore, she quickly hung up the phone and called her sons immediately to confirm that they were safe.

Komo
09-03-12, 20:55
just hang up any chinese call..don't give them chance.:D :D

buttercarp
09-03-12, 21:05
On 1st Mar, my home phone rung, it was an overseas call, luckily I have a caller ID, so I didn't pick it up. The number is 852-221-69364.

Few years back, my sister received a home call, a boy was crying and he kept calling her mummy and murmuring about something which my sister couldn't hear properly, it sounds like her son. Luckily she has a caller ID and the number appeared to be an overseas calls. She knew that it was a trap because her sons were in Singapore, she quickly hung up the phone and called her sons immediately to confirm that they were safe.
I got secret code with kids.
That's my way of confirming that they are who they are.

ysyap
09-03-12, 21:16
That's my way of confirming that they are who they are.Brilliant idea... ;)

darling
10-03-12, 01:24
just hang up any chinese call..don't give them chance.:D :D
Same here. As long as dun sound local Just say not interested n hang up. U hang up straight away they call again leh. :banghead:

ysyap
10-03-12, 06:27
Same here. As long as dun sound local Just say not interested n hang up. U hang up straight away they call again leh. :banghead:Sell them your product lor... tell them you are selling magnetic bed, etc, must meet up to demonstrate so arrange for a meeting time and place... Lol...think they'll hang up on you... ;)

KarenK
10-03-12, 08:45

that's a brilliant idea! must do this with my kid when he's old enough to know how to use secret code :p

I usually do not answer calls starting with +852 coz I've got nobody there except my cousin who blocks her number on her recipients' caller ID anyway.....

solsys
10-03-12, 08:48
Sell them your product lor... tell them you are selling magnetic bed, etc, must meet up to demonstrate so arrange for a meeting time and place... Lol...think they'll hang up on you... ;)

Lol, I will tell them I'm a pimp and her voice sounds good then ask her for a career switch. :old-chinese-guy:

Well, vice is better than fraud will be the noble ambition in my offer. :rolleyes:

Irritating bunch with ill intentions. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Why can't these people find a decent job like telesales, irritating as well but at least it's an honest living. :doh:

solsys
10-03-12, 08:49

Secret code is good. Must implement when my kid grow up.