PDA

View Full Version : Property...EASY to sell...HARD to buy...

radha08
04-03-12, 21:28
Someone told me this long ago i kinda of disbelieved him...but now that i am
going thru it i guess its kinda true...:D

when sell you get ur price or thereabouts just let go...

when buy OMG...fh/99/hi flr/low flr/ec/small unit/big unit/ccr/ocr...so many many things to consider...

well maybe i am just fickle minded..:D

ahh....good night to all i will dream about my next property tonite...:D:D:D

ikan bilis
04-03-12, 21:35
you sold at too low price... and trying to buy at too low price...

next time try to sell & buy at much higher price...

:D

radha08
04-03-12, 21:46
you sold at too low price... and trying to buy at too low price...

next time try to sell & buy at much higher price...

almost asleep but i had to answer this one....only i will know the truth...:D

i sold HIGH now trying to buy low....:)

ysyap
04-03-12, 21:56

i sold HIGH now trying to buy low....:)So when prices are high high high, its easy to sell. But when prices are low low low, how is it easy to sell? Still dependent on market lah... ;)

buttercarp
04-03-12, 23:04

i sold HIGH now trying to buy low....:)

Everyone wants to be like you- sell high, so how to expect to buy low?

dtrax
04-03-12, 23:24
Actually with so many alluring watertown and dream a dream TV ads, it should be easy to buy, hard to sell :)

chiaberry
04-03-12, 23:48
I don't think it's really that difficult to BUY. It's because you are trying so hard to buy LOW. Actually many many people in the same boat as you.....in fact one is helping to pay my housing loan by renting my pty:D while she is waiting for the same durian as you.....

richie$$$
05-03-12, 07:29
durian harvest no come
prices r still holding
c lower resale transactions

peterng8
05-03-12, 07:38
looking ahead...more upgraders switching to EC (new ruling)....will there be impact on primary and secondary market looking ahead?:p

kane
05-03-12, 07:44
Those second timers with their deeper pockets might drive EC prices higher... That could be the unintended consequence.

peterng8
05-03-12, 07:53
Possible, and I think this action has switched the mass market to an area that garmen can somehow has more control over it as compared to PC....

the worst hit may be secondary market(mass market) as more targetted buyers from that segment have been given an option for a new and lower priced alternative....:p

devilplate
05-03-12, 08:36
EC oredi upping their px slightly oredi since income ceiling up from 10k to 12k.....

no wonder mass market resale up 1% instead of dropping.....

price
05-03-12, 08:42
I remember when Arc @ Tamp was launched, public make noise about the price and it got reduced by 100k for the bigger units. This time TWF and Trilliant bigger units are 900-1.2mil no one kpkb?

devilplate
05-03-12, 08:45
I remember when Arc @ Tamp was launched, public make noise about the price and it got reduced by 100k for the bigger units. This time TWF and Trilliant bigger units are 900-1.2mil no one kpkb?
DBSS vs EC wor

public knows DBSS is just an atas HDB BTO hor

when buy EC, u compare it wif PC

when buy DBSS u compare it with HDB

peterng8
05-03-12, 08:51
EC oredi upping their px slightly oredi since income ceiling up from 10k to 12k.....

no wonder mass market resale up 1% instead of dropping.....

I hold on to my opinion that this will not last 6 months down the road (2Q to 3Q of this year) as I always believe...:p :p

As I receive the opposite view from the ground as compared to the report mentioned( compared to the past growth..)

devilplate
05-03-12, 08:54
I hold on to my opinion that this will not last 6 months down the road (2Q to 3Q of this year) as I always believe...:p :p

As I receive the opposite view from the ground as compared to the report mentioned( compared to the past growth..)
when market eventually corrects, it cud be due to other prevailing reasons

price
05-03-12, 09:20
DBSS vs EC wor

public knows DBSS is just an atas HDB BTO hor

when buy EC, u compare it wif PC

when buy DBSS u compare it with HDB

Huh bro, i thought Arc is an EC? quite sure its an EC leh.. went there with my ex GF hahahaha that time their biggest unit was at around 900k-1mil

devilplate
05-03-12, 09:27
Huh bro, i thought Arc is an EC? quite sure its an EC leh.. went there with my ex GF hahahaha that time their biggest unit was at around 900k-1mil
er....

tot the one appear on newspaper wif many ppl kpkb was a dbss????

arc@ tampines , EC got ppl kpkb meh?

tat one ppl kpkb is centrale 8 by sim lian......dbss

price
05-03-12, 09:48
er....

tot the one appear on newspaper wif many ppl kpkb was a dbss????

arc@ tampines , EC got ppl kpkb meh?

tat one ppl kpkb is centrale 8 by sim lian......dbss

hahha seems like my news is always wrong. Need to read Mr. B's post more often :(

buttercarp
05-03-12, 09:57

Confirmed Arc@Tampines is EC.
Wah bro, at that time you tot you steady already that's why went to see?
Now become ex..... lucky you never buy, or else lose deposit!

price
05-03-12, 10:09
That's why i dont want to let marriage determine when i invest in property liao. Just chiong first. HAHA When im 30 then think again. Hopefully im still wanted

buttercarp
05-03-12, 10:25
That's why i dont want to let marriage determine when i invest in property liao. Just chiong first. HAHA When im 30 then think again. Hopefully im still wanted

Wow, you are so young and you think about property already.
Single and under 30 ..... so if you buy now will be either with parents if it is public housing, or if buy on your own will be a resale EC or a private property.

If have property and rich, should be able to find a mate at any age.

price
05-03-12, 10:42
Wow, you are so young and you think about property already.
Single and under 30 ..... so if you buy now will be either with parents if it is public housing, or if buy on your own will be a resale EC or a private property.

If have property and rich, should be able to find a mate at any age.

I bought my first PC at 24. :D Turning 25 end of this year. if things continue to be good for me, I can't buy BTO / EC when i hit 30 :( so i thought why wait?

minority
05-03-12, 10:49

when buy OMG...fh/99/hi flr/low flr/ec/small unit/big unit/ccr/ocr...so many many things to consider...

Never mess ard with ur home tat u stay in... sell or buy investment property.

peterng8
05-03-12, 11:06
when market eventually corrects, it cud be due to other prevailing reasons

all the indicative signs are there...:p :p

devilplate
05-03-12, 11:13
yes but i believe px drop if any in future are not due to more EC avail for 2nd timers :p

ikan bilis
05-03-12, 13:34

somehow hongkong side starts to have more activities... so the whole market, sgp & hk might get hot again during Apr-May... :cool:

peterng8
05-03-12, 18:10
somehow hongkong side starts to have more activities... so the whole market, sgp & hk might get hot again during Apr-May... :cool:

I doubt so for resale PC(after price hike) in mass markets as upgraders have so many choices now (more PC launched with all the rebates here and there, ECs raised to 30%, mixed devpt, more new units TOPs, just to name these few already more than enough choices for upgraders)...

buying newly launch also has its adv too as compared to resale if situation allows...and looking closer at buying new, between new PC and new EC, will there be a switching behaviour of upgrader from new PC to new EC? let wait and see....:p

radha08
05-03-12, 19:41
Everyone wants to be like you- sell high, so how to expect to buy low?

in a strange way that makes sense...;)

peterng8
06-03-12, 18:35
the game master is now KBW (action not talk) and not MBT...he is looking at the market like a hawk ..a minister who is worth every single cent he is paid for this portfolio...:p

hyenergix
06-03-12, 21:19

The demand for condo is definitely strong. What is happening now is the "government" is subsidising the middle-class the condo-style of living by offering ECs. Indirectly the existing owners of pte condos are subsidising this group of EC buyers by sacrificing the true price increase from a real demand.

Komo
06-03-12, 21:29
what if the stock market crash from here?:D :D

kane
06-03-12, 21:31
The demand for condo is definitely strong. What is happening now is the "government" is subsidising the middle-class the condo-style of living by offering ECs. Indirectly the existing owners of pte condos are subsidising this group of EC buyers by sacrificing the true price increase from a real demand.

i think it's a great time for second timers to venture to EC. it's like they give you an empty goal to score a goal. whether you eventually win the game will be down to some luck.

radha08
06-03-12, 21:35
what if the stock market crash from here?:D :D

wont crash too much money in the market...same goes for property too much money and too many people....;)

flxcat
06-03-12, 21:42
This is a good approach in achieving inclusive society. Those fortunate group gone ahead and Build their wealth already where every one help to build a stable and growing country, to help fellow Singaporeans to move forward is a fair deal. Just my own thoughts :cheers6:

howgozit
06-03-12, 22:19
I don't think it's that easy to sell now.

I think your timing was good.

dtrax
06-03-12, 22:23
I don't think it's that easy to sell now.

I think your timing was good.

I already got my next landed property liao via Sims Social Facebook Game, valuation going up by the day. No need worry cannot sell

howgozit
06-03-12, 22:29
LOL.......:)

I already got my next landed property liao via Sims Social Facebook Game, valuation going up by the day. No need worry cannot sell

hyenergix
07-03-12, 05:35

The next landed property for me to aim for is at Choa Chu Kang :scared-4:

radha08
07-03-12, 06:11

underground parking....:D:D:D:D:D:D

buttercarp
07-03-12, 07:35

Why you scared of CCK?:confused:

fclim
07-03-12, 07:38

It should be Lim Chu Kang la...Choi, choi.

kane
07-03-12, 07:40
I was surprised to see cck at first but thought maybe he was referring to those landed there which isn't too pricey.

hyenergix
07-03-12, 07:46

I will join e other world when I shift in :scared-4:

fclim
07-03-12, 07:52

Tat one is 15 years LH only. After that, must move house.

kane
07-03-12, 07:58

I think after 15yrs have to move to "condo" at mandai and live in a "bottle".

buttercarp
07-03-12, 07:59

So many people in CCK, no need to be scared lah.
Btw, why you say so ?

hyenergix
07-03-12, 08:02
I'm not sure what is at e other side...

Actually 70+ years here is v short. Not wise to slave so long for a hse tt u cannot bring along w u.

buttercarp
07-03-12, 08:05

I still dunno what you all talking about?

What so bad about CCK?

kane
07-03-12, 08:10
I'm not sure what is at e other side...

Actually 70+ years here is v short. Not wise to slave so long for a hse tt u cannot bring along w u.

Totally agree.

chiaberry
07-03-12, 08:13
Totally agree.

Me too. 30 - 40 year housing loan is too long. 20 -25 just nice.

ikan bilis
07-03-12, 10:28
bro... you sold high... damn happy with profit after that... shiok shiok waiting for crash... but fortune teller sub-standard bei zhun so no crash come for a year... now you go buy higher, take bigger loan... after that crash >30% jialat jialat then how ??.. :scared-4: :scared-3:

CCR
07-03-12, 15:52
bro... you sold high... damn happy with profit after that... shiok shiok waiting for crash... but fortune teller sub-standard bei zhun so no crash come for a year... now you go buy higher, take bigger loan... after that crash >30% jialat jialat then how ??.. :scared-4: :scared-3:

this scenario aptly describe one person....

radha08
07-03-12, 22:26

BRO because you said this i am going to keep on renting forever and ever and ever.....:doh::doh::doh:

chiaberry
08-03-12, 07:53
BRO because you said this i am going to keep on renting forever and ever and ever.....:doh::doh::doh:

Dear Bro

It is very difficult (almost impossible) to time the market correctly. A lot of it is down to luck. You could go back to yr HDB after the current lease is up and wait it out. But if prices don't go down, your money in the bank will be eroded by inflation over the years.

ysyap
08-03-12, 08:00
Dear Bro

It is very difficult (almost impossible) to time the market correctly. A lot of it is down to luck. You could go back to yr HDB after the current lease is up and wait it out. But if prices don't go down, your money in the bank will be eroded by inflation over the years.Only saving grace is when market undergo correction before lease is up so he can snatch up a good deal and move in upon lease expiry... :cheers5:

chiaberry
08-03-12, 08:20
Only saving grace is when market undergo correction before lease is up so he can snatch up a good deal and move in upon lease expiry... :cheers5:

I think resale condo got better chance of a good deal than landed. Landed in a reasonable location is still in short supply and the agents/agents contractors will snap up any gems before you can even sniff it.

radha08
08-03-12, 09:48
Dear Bro

It is very difficult (almost impossible) to time the market correctly. A lot of it is down to luck. You could go back to yr HDB after the current lease is up and wait it out. But if prices don't go down, your money in the bank will be eroded by inflation over the years.

tks bro appreciate the advice i am not trying to time the mkt...cos i know when it comes to property and stock mkt that is a recipe to disaster...NEVER think you are smarter than the MKT..thats when you end up getting burnt...

to set the record STRAIGHT...i was chased out of my EX condo by the LARGE influx of FT that moved in...it was become a NIGHTMARE to live there with all the noise and SMELL!!!...plus the fact that with previous mistakes i made i was in a STATE of NEGATIVE equity....so basically to get back on track i made a DECISION to sell realising that with my PUNY hdb apt i still have my SMALL toe in the mkt....anyway i sold and now am in a state OF positive capital MUCH more than i have been in my whole life...having tasted the sucess of POSITVE property investment i DO realise that money in the pocket/bank/under pillow will all ERODE if it is NOT managed correctly....hopefully the lessons and mistakes i have made in life have made me a WISER person and i can bring myself and my family to the next level of financial freedom thru proper capital INVESTMENT(be it thru property or other means)....

its great sharing thoughts and ideas thru a keyboard and a mouse...so whatever happens when my time is up with [email protected] may or may not move back to [email protected] at least i KNOW after my experience at CONDO@pasir ris....EXACTLY what to look for whether its in a HDB/CONDO/LANDED property....isnt that what LIFE is all about....living n learning....

CHEERS...got to cheong to SUNTEC....LEVEL 4...:D:D:D:D:D:D

gates open at 12 NOON....:D:D:D

radha08
08-03-12, 09:50
Only saving grace is when market undergo correction before lease is up so he can snatch up a good deal and move in upon lease expiry... :cheers5:

bro i been buying 4d past 20 years ONLY 1 time strike 1st prize 6491...about 15 years ago...i buy 2BIG kena $4000....

moral of story::....if i am so CHUN to time/guess the mkt every week i will kena 1st prize...:cheers5:

devilplate
08-03-12, 10:00
i got an acquaintance staying in Elias G too last time....he sold it at breakeven px after a long wait of negative equity ....well at least stay there at subsidised rate......bank interest = rental

same goes to changi green and court....1st owner finally see the light after the mrt announcement

radha08
08-03-12, 15:35
i got an acquaintance staying in Elias G too last time....he sold it at breakeven px after a long wait of negative equity ....well at least stay there at subsidised rate......bank interest = rental

same goes to changi green and court....1st owner finally see the light after the mrt announcement

its no more elias green...now called elias..BLACK...:scared-1::D:simmering:

CCR
08-03-12, 17:22
tks bro appreciate the advice i am not trying to time the mkt...cos i know when it comes to property and stock mkt that is a recipe to disaster...NEVER think you are smarter than the MKT..thats when you end up getting burnt...

to set the record STRAIGHT...i was chased out of my EX condo by the LARGE influx of FT that moved in...it was become a NIGHTMARE to live there with all the noise and SMELL!!!...plus the fact that with previous mistakes i made i was in a STATE of NEGATIVE equity....so basically to get back on track i made a DECISION to sell realising that with my PUNY hdb apt i still have my SMALL toe in the mkt....anyway i sold and now am in a state OF positive capital MUCH more than i have been in my whole life...having tasted the sucess of POSITVE property investment i DO realise that money in the pocket/bank/under pillow will all ERODE if it is NOT managed correctly....hopefully the lessons and mistakes i have made in life have made me a WISER person and i can bring
myself and my family to the next level of financial freedom thru proper capital INVESTMENT(be it thru property or other means)....

its great sharing thoughts and ideas thru a keyboard and a mouse...so whatever happens when my time is up with
[email protected] may or may not move back to [email protected] at least i KNOW after my experience at CONDO@pasir ris....EXACTLY what to look for whether its in a HDB/CONDO/LANDED property....isnt that what LIFE is all about....living n learning....

CHEERS...got to cheong to SUNTEC....LEVEL 4...:D:D:D:D:D:D

gates open at 12 NOON....:D:D:D

Appreciate your honest comments...
I am sure you will make money....

Must be able to leant from past actions and be smarter.... Cannot keep sticking to one view point.... Can country and educate Mr B and Stanlin?

buttercarp
08-03-12, 18:25
Hi radha08, have you seen this one near haig girls school?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8982625/for-sale-almost-new-terrace-near-haig-girls-school

Maybe you can go and bargain the price down?

toiletsiao
08-03-12, 18:32

u live ard the east?? u sound very familar with the projects here leh... u are right about the changi green and changi court pricing...

my parents bought a 2bedroom tower block unit in changi court(2nd owner) after their investment unit has been enbloc-ed by Capitaland for seafront@meyere=...

the price is stagnant for years... i think got reach below 500k ... after 12yrs of collecting rent... finally they see "daylight" for changi court after DTL + SUTD announcement... my mom says its an ugly duckling turn swan... i think its a good analogy ... :cheers1:

devilplate
08-03-12, 19:23
u live ard the east?? u sound very familar with the projects here leh... u are right about the changi green and changi court pricing...

my parents bought a 2bedroom tower block unit in changi court(2nd owner) after their investment unit has been enbloc-ed by Capitaland for seafront@meyere=...

the price is stagnant for years... i think got reach below 500k ... after 12yrs of collecting rent... finally they see "daylight" for changi court after DTL + SUTD announcement... my mom says its an ugly duckling turn swan... i think its a good analogy ... :cheers1:
now 2bdr almost 1kpsf liao....HUAT AGH!

devilplate
08-03-12, 19:25
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8982625/for-sale-almost-new-terrace-near-haig-girls-school

infamous everitt leh....joo chiat area....prone to flooding too.....NO-NO

buttercarp
08-03-12, 22:12
infamous everitt leh....joo chiat area....prone to flooding too.....NO-NO
Oh, really?:scared-3:
Wow bro, u expert, one look n u know. Must seek your advice in future when I am ready to buy in future.

radha08
08-03-12, 22:15

he he everrit road you know its very true the famous squabbling of the neighbours there in a few of the houses police have been called in a couple of times...actually the area is very nice by day...got a lot of good eating places and nice charm but by night its a bit of a sleaze....with stray woman from the joo chiat area lurking around...:D

recently i seen a few police signs around about case of house breaking as well as thefts hapenning in car pars there real bad publicity for the area

if they ever clean out the pubs and bars at joo chiat the are will be a gem...:rolleyes:

radha08
08-03-12, 22:16

very true ugly duckling turned swan...

buttercarp
08-03-12, 22:23
he he everrit road you know its very true the famous squabbling of the neighbours there in a few of the houses police have been called in a couple of times...actually the area is very nice by day...got a lot of good eating places and nice charm but by night its a bit of a sleaze....with stray woman from the joo chiat area lurking around...:D

recently i seen a few police signs around about case of house breaking as well as thefts hapenning in car pars there real bad publicity for the area

if they ever clean out the pubs and bars at joo chiat the are will be a gem...:rolleyes:
Yup...... The sign that says that thief at large at the junction of joo chiat road n koon seng road.
Actually so unattractive place, but owner asking so high!

radha08
09-03-12, 11:39
Yup...... The sign that says that thief at large at the junction of joo chiat road n koon seng road.
Actually so unattractive place, but owner asking so high!

what to do owner is king....:D

ikan bilis
09-03-12, 14:08

my condo estate dropped from >10 transactions/month to 7-8 transactions/month, to now 1 transaction/month...
if you buy now, you cannot sell... if nothing happens, price hold,... but not much upside...
if something big happens... haha... "got-show-see"!!... :cheers4:

meanwhile continue renting might not be a bad idea, you already got 1 hdb sitting there paying your rent.... ;)
can take sweet time hunt slowly for your shiok shiok penthouse...

radha08
09-03-12, 14:32
my condo estate dropped from >10 transactions/month to 7-8 transactions/month, to now 1 transaction/month...
if you buy now, you cannot sell... if nothing happens, price hold,... but not much upside...
if something big happens... haha... "got-show-see"!!... :cheers4:

meanwhile continue renting might not be a bad idea, you already got 1 hdb sitting there paying your rent.... ;)
can take sweet time hunt slowly for your shiok shiok penthouse...

ya thats my plan...same goes with my ex-condo...jan - NO transaction..feb - 1 transaction...last year average 2 to 3 transaction a month...seems like every one sitting on side line...:rolleyes:

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 14:11
On the contrary will ask my kids to buy HDB first as an entitlement for Singaporean when get married or reach 35. They can buy PCs later or pass on to them collect monthly passive income. I have missed the boat and will not want them to miss the boat too unless exceed HDB limits with the first job.
I bought my first PC at 24. :D Turning 25 end of this year. if things continue to be good for me, I can't buy BTO / EC when i hit 30 :( so i thought why wait?

radha08
10-03-12, 19:00
but i think the rule of dual ownership sucks...if u buy a HDB u cannot buy pc for 5 years...how to invest like that...:o

Santro
10-03-12, 21:00
I went through this one. Bought a new HDB last time and feel helpless everytime a new condo is launched. But I must admit, it was the best thing that happened to me. After 5 years more cash and CPF to go for the next property. HDB prices went up further after the MOP and I doubt any of the new HDB prices will drop lower than cost price.
So all in all, a WIN-WIN situation. :cheers1:

Komo
10-03-12, 21:05
used to be must grab hdb...nowadays...better to grab EC :D

radha08
10-03-12, 21:16
I went through this one. Bought a new HDB last time and feel helpless everytime a new condo is launched. But I must admit, it was the best thing that happened to me. After 5 years more cash and CPF to go for the next property. HDB prices went up further after the MOP and I doubt any of the new HDB prices will drop lower than cost price.
So all in all, a WIN-WIN situation. :cheers1:

ya but dont forget now not so easy 2nd property need 40% dp...:(

Santro
10-03-12, 21:28
Yes bro. I was lucky that I escaped the 40% dp.

ya but dont forget now not so easy 2nd property need 40% dp...:(

howgozit
10-03-12, 21:37

... a king... with castles in the air.

owners are still asking for sky high prices bcoz they can. I tend to think buyers have the upper hand. Other than new launches, most of the resales that I have seen are not closing as fast as they used to. many agents are getting worried about their future prospects and are planning alternative careers.

radha08
10-03-12, 21:44
Yes bro. I was lucky that I escaped the 40% dp.

yup quite impossible for average working joe to afford 2nd property now....1mil prop u need 400k cash/cpf...thats a LOT....:(

ysyap
11-03-12, 00:19
yup quite impossible for average working joe to afford 2nd property now....1mil prop u need 400k cash/cpf...thats a LOT....:(Your HDB outstanding loan amount should be less than $400k if you bought BTO at least 5 years back, paid at least 10% and serviced mortgage loan for at least 5 years already. Simply pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV lor... if you bought resale at above $600k 5 years back, then your location is too good to move... enjoy your good hdb... :cool:

radha08
11-03-12, 22:44
Your HDB outstanding loan amount should be less than $400k if you bought BTO at least 5 years back, paid at least 10% and serviced mortgage loan for at least 5 years already. Simply pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV lor... if you bought resale at above $600k 5 years back, then your location is too good to move... enjoy your good hdb... :cool:

mine cheap cheap one dont know whether good or bad...good cos can get rental income bad cos cannot cash out UNLESS i DONT want to own another hdb...cos if i cash out and buy private thats end of HDB for me cos of laws...:(

ysyap
12-03-12, 08:18
mine cheap cheap one dont know whether good or bad...good cos can get rental income bad cos cannot cash out UNLESS i DONT want to own another hdb...cos if i cash out and buy private thats end of HDB for me cos of laws...:(Since its cheap cheap, then pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV for another PC lor. Also, remember laws can change... maybe when property demand drops, these laws might be removed? Lol! :rolleyes:

minority
12-03-12, 12:45
Since its cheap cheap, then pay up the outstanding loan to enjoy 80% LTV for another PC lor. Also, remember laws can change... maybe when property demand drops, these laws might be removed? Lol! :rolleyes:

by then maybe bank pay to give away loan! 120% loan!

buttercarp
13-03-12, 10:47
Land area only 1530 sq ft, but has 7 BR (3storeys +1).:eek:
Price - $ 3,050,000 ...... in Joo Chiat.:scared-5:

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/propertylisting/1656255/Joo_Chiat-Terrace-ForSale

Wonder why owner did extensive reno 1 year ago (according to advert), now want to sell.

price
13-03-12, 11:04

Wonder why owner did extensive reno 1 year ago (according to advert), now want to sell.

wow 7 bed rooms! can these owner build up to 5 storeys?

Lovelle
13-03-12, 11:07
last 2 years this area commanding 1.5-1.8m the most.

After renovation can ask 3mil.

Astronotus oscellatus
13-03-12, 11:07

Got people like that.
Buy then A and A then sell. They know they are not going to stay for long.
Personally I find it too much of a hassle, but hey, it is another way to make a living, though with the seller's stamp duty, not worth it for the first three years now.

roly8
13-03-12, 11:36
how many storey can they build up to?

buttercarp
13-03-12, 11:41

Got height restriction that's why they build up to 3 storeys and an attic.
The attic is considered a half storey and is still within the height restricition of 3 storeys.

roly8
13-03-12, 11:46
Got height restriction that's why they build up to 3 storeys and an attic.
The attic is considered a half storey and is still within the height restricition of 3 storeys.

icic.

then they must have compromise the ceiling height for each storey..
prefer high ceiling :D

sh
13-03-12, 20:57

if 3 storey zone, can add basment, also can add attic.... so total 5 storey...

climb like hell:banghead:

buttercarp
13-03-12, 21:01
if 3 storey zone, can add basment, also can add attic.... so total 5 storey...

climb like hell:banghead:

But basement more expensive to build.
And Joo Chiat prone to flood so probably that's why they did not build basement?

radha08
13-03-12, 22:27

the only thing i can afford for this house is to buy 20big 20small 1530 4d...:D:D:D:D

chiaberry
14-03-12, 00:10
Doesn't look like it's possible to buy a decent landed for under 2 mill these days.

ysyap
14-03-12, 07:00
Doesn't look like it's possible to buy a decent landed for under 2 mill these days.What is decent? > 2400 sqft build up or > 1800 sqft land area? 3 storeys or single storey? I suspect $1.9mil can still get a pretty decent landed... :cool:

radha08
14-03-12, 08:00
What is decent? > 2400 sqft build up or > 1800 sqft land area? 3 storeys or single storey? I suspect $1.9mil can still get a pretty decent landed... :cool:

yup like the one i missed no 19 carmen terrace at opera estate...dbl storey.... land 1700sq ft...built up 2300sq ft....went to view in jan this year owner asking 2mil...was sold for $1.88 mil...i found out from the caveat...:doh:....ever since i have never seen anything as good and as cheap...:doh:

hyenergix
14-03-12, 08:38
yup like the one i missed no 19 carmen terrace at opera estate...dbl storey.... land 1700sq ft...built up 2300sq ft....went to view in jan this year owner asking 2mil...was sold for $1.88 mil...i found out from the caveat...:doh:....ever since i have never seen anything as good and as cheap...:doh:

The boat has to come back to pick up more passengers, make sure you board it the next time!

radha08
14-03-12, 09:59
The boat has to come back to pick up more passengers, make sure you board it the next time!

i also say...:D:D:D

buttercarp
14-03-12, 10:00
hi radha08..... have you seen this unit?
Seems quite reasonable, if you can negotiate for lower........

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/propertylisting/2253395/Lor_107_Changi_Road-Terrace-ForSale

radha08
14-03-12, 14:19

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/propertylisting/2253395/Lor_107_Changi_Road-Terrace-ForSale

yup this one next to great eastern building and the shophouses along changi road...happening location if u like crowds...:D and if your muslim... cross the road you can pray at the mosque...:D

sigh thats what i meant when i started this thread when you SELL all you need is 1 buyer but when you want to BUY...location/price/neighbourhood/feng shui/you like spouse dont like/spouse like you dont like/...so many many things to consider...:o

buttercarp
14-03-12, 14:53
BUY...location/price/neighbourhood/feng shui/you like spouse dont like/spouse like you dont like/...so many many things to consider...:o

Yup, agreed.
Spouse part is a big hurdle, one has to give in to the other.
Fengshui also... but if you feel comfortable then it should suit you.

wannabe
14-03-12, 17:20

19 Carmen terrace seems to be a better buy.

radha08
14-03-12, 22:51
19 Carmen terrace seems to be a better buy.

yup that was an unpolished gem i was just too blind to see at that time...:doh: