PDA

View Full Version : How much is Pavilion Park Landed?

yowetan
03-03-12, 13:43
Hi all, as above.

Could someone shed me the new release price?

If the household income is around 10kSGD, is it possible to get Pavilion park landed?

roly8
03-03-12, 13:54
i think buttercrap got an unit there..

if you check propertyguru, the unit there range between 2.8 to 3.6million..

Rysk
03-03-12, 14:26
I tot $2.3m - $2.4m?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/pavilion-park-849/sale/1

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8431114/for-sale-pavilion-park

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8894449/for-sale-pavilion-park

yowetan
03-03-12, 14:35
I am curious in Pavilion park, and wondering if a household income of 10kSGD is possible to get and maintain such landed property.

hyenergix
03-03-12, 14:42
I am curious in Pavilion park, and wondering if a household income of 10kSGD is possible to get and maintain such landed property.

No. It will take you at least 20 years to pay off the house without the interests and maintenance costs. It is just a concrete structure... no point slaving your life away.

yowetan
03-03-12, 14:46
No. It will take you at least 20 years to pay off the house without the interests and maintenance costs. It is just a concrete structure... no point slaving your life away.

What is worth to slave for then?

My colleague has an intention of getting one, and his household income is around 10kSGD. In addition, their parents have just rented their HDB unit for 3kSGD per month with 500kSGD outstanding HDB loan.

hyenergix
03-03-12, 14:59

My colleague has an intention of getting one, and his household income is around 10kSGD. In addition, their parents have just rented their HDB unit for 3kSGD per month with 500kSGD outstanding HDB loan.

U never know when you will lose job or be forced to stop working due to health reasons. Live below your means...

roly8
03-03-12, 15:22

you mean parent have no permanent house?

howgozit
03-03-12, 15:34
too little details..... household income may be $10K but maybe holding $3m cash or other assets, how to say whether can or cannot afford.

yowetan
03-03-12, 15:34
you mean parent have no permanent house?

They are bunking together in his 3 room flat (fully paid); He has plan moving the whole family (7 members) to the landed and rent out the 3 room flat as well.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 15:59
Yowetan..... u can check ura website.
The newest phase 2G is bet 2.3-2.4 mil for inter terrace.

First you should go and have a look at the showflat and the surroundings.
If you like then, you have to arrange to see a banker to enquire about the loan.
Then you decide whether you will become the slave or the master of the house.
Then you can decide whether you want to buy.

howgozit
03-03-12, 16:20

They are bunking together in his 3 room flat (fully paid); He has plan moving the whole family (7 members) to the landed and rent out the 3 room flat as well.

The living conditions seem worse than the Bangla workers in the dormitries.... 3 generations 7 people all squeezed into a 3 room HDB flat.... all this just for what?

Actually I am quite surprised that his parents (I wonder how old they are?) still have an outstanding loan of $500k for a HDB.

These people may be losing sight of the forest for a tree. I can't help but feel that people like this are sustaining the high psf that new launches are churning out.

devilplate
03-03-12, 17:04
wow.....really stretch too max.....recession comes, rental drop and/or lose jobs den hosey liao

must haf few hundred K to ride out downturn

wind30
03-03-12, 17:07
The kids have 500k loan lah. The parents 3room is fully paid. parents stay together so will sponsor? I heard of many case where children ask parents sponsor and say stay together. After three years kick parents out.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 17:09
The kids have 500k loan lah. The parents 3room is fully paid. parents stay together so will sponsor? I heard of many case where children ask parents sponsor and say stay together. After three years kick parents out.
So if parents sponsor then the parents must include their names as co- owners .

roly8
03-03-12, 17:12

got so evil meh...:scared-5:

devilplate
03-03-12, 17:14
they may even pyscho their parents to sell their 3rm flat and den use the $ to buy the landed......later den kik them out

wind30
03-03-12, 17:14
They just sell the place and dont return the money. Use the money buy new place

devilplate
03-03-12, 17:16
if u do volunteer work...u will realise so many bastards kik their parents out

some old folks got a few kids somemore....all bochap

howgozit
03-03-12, 17:21

... the way I read it is like this leh..

1) grandparents have an outstanding $500k loan on HDB being rented out for $3k
2) TS's friend has a 3rm HDB fully paid.
3) 7 family members bunking in TS's friend 3rm HDB
4) family income $10k

Either way you read, it looks quite dicey to commit on a $2.5m property. Of course, unless like I have mentioned before they have a couple of million$ in the bank just sitting there.

devilplate
03-03-12, 17:22
... the way I read it is like this leh..

1) grandparents have an outstanding $500k loan on HDB being rented out for $3k
2) TS's friend has a 3rm HDB fully paid.
3) 7 family members bunking in TS's friend 3rm HDB
4) family income $10k

Either way you read, it looks quite dicey to commit on a $2.5m property. Of course, unless like I have mentioned before they have a couple of million$ in the bank just sitting there.
if got millions of cash den TS will not pick his fren as an example liao....zero income aso JUST BUY LAR!!! hehehe

howgozit
03-03-12, 17:34
if got millions of cash den TS will not pick his fren as an example liao....zero income aso JUST BUY LAR!!! hehehe

Ya hor......

maisonjai
03-03-12, 17:37
His colleague could be moonlighting as an agent or recently strike toto :p

roly8
03-03-12, 18:15

unbelievable ..:scared-3::scared-3:

wind30
03-03-12, 19:25

ya lor... so I always look down on people who buy house using parents money. Especially if the parents have to sell their own property to finance their children's.

Unless of course if the parents is very rich, the amount of money spent is peanuts to them, then ok lah. But if parents not rich, must dig up all their coffin money to help the children buy house..... that is really bad.

PN
03-03-12, 19:59

Just give you an idea of the monthly installment they're paying

500K HDB - assume still have 20yes left & CPF interest rate 2.6% ====> $2.6k
2.4M landed - assume 1.4% 1st yr 30yrs loan (80% LTV) ====> $6.5k
Total monthly installment for both =====> $9.1k

The rest you can compute yourself

amk
03-03-12, 20:03
How can any old folk live in this kind of tiny "landed" ? Climb up/down staircase every hour ??
To TS, you should hint to your friend, such house is not livable for his parents. No need to think about can afford or not.

roly8
03-03-12, 20:14
interest rate gonna still be < 1% after 10 yr meh? :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

yowetan
03-03-12, 20:27
The living conditions seem worse than the Bangla workers in the dormitries.... 3 generations 7 people all squeezed into a 3 room HDB flat.... all this just for what?

Actually I am quite surprised that his parents (I wonder how old they are?) still have an outstanding loan of $500k for a HDB.

These people may be losing sight of the forest for a tree. I can't help but feel that people like this are sustaining the high psf that new launches are churning out.

I understand my friend's parent sold their unit in Jurong west and upgrade to a mature estate in Tiong Bahru HDB flat, and this is why their parents paid a premium for that. This probably explains why they are still bug down by 500ksgd equivalent loan from HDB through bank loan.

Yes, my friend (01) is currently bunking in with his in-law's (02), wife's brother (01), and his wife (01) with two kids (02). This is a total of 01+02+01+01+02 = 07.

The 3 room HDB flat is around 69-70Sqm, and is fully paid of now.

His household income, combination with his wife is around 10kSGD (max).

I did asked my friend how they bunk together under one roof; he shared one room is for himself, wife and two kids; wife's brother in living room; in-laws in another room.

yowetan
03-03-12, 20:30
Just give you an idea of the monthly installment they're paying

500K HDB - assume still have 20yes left & CPF interest rate 2.6% ====> $2.6k
2.4M landed - assume 1.4% 1st yr 30yrs loan (80% LTV) ====> $6.5k
Total monthly installment for both =====> $9.1k

The rest you can compute yourself

The 500k HDB loan is currently financed with bank, not HDB loan.

HDB 3 room - what is the current market rate to rent whole unit out?

Thus, based on above computation, the monthly installation could have been much lesser?

extremme
03-03-12, 20:32
they may even pyscho their parents to sell their 3rm flat and den use the $ to buy the landed......later den kik them out
yes I heard of a. few such evil cases le rem when u r old dun ever Trf ownership of flat to children or sell them cheaply wait u dun even have a roof over ur head n no coffin money

buttercarp
03-03-12, 20:34
How can any old folk live in this kind of tiny "landed" ? Climb up/down staircase every hour ??
To TS, you should hint to your friend, such house is not livable for his parents. No need to think about can afford or not.

Pavilion park got granny room on first floor.
Also got household shelter.
Floor does not have curbs, so good for young kids and old folks.

yowetan
03-03-12, 20:37

Do you mind sharing how much you paid for such a piece?

I have never been to that place, and I certainly do not understand if it is a good deal afterall. I need to warn my friend.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 20:38
yes I heard of a. few such evil cases le rem when u r old dun ever Trf ownership of flat to children or sell them cheaply wait u dun even have a roof over ur head n no coffin money

When I got married, my parents "disowned" me.
I was not allowed to stay with them.
They also warned me not to stay with my in -laws as they said familiarity breeds contempt and it is better to be cordial but not too close to in- laws.
I intend to continue this tradition.:)

buttercarp
03-03-12, 20:41

I have never been to that place, and I certainly do not understand if it is a good deal afterall. I need to warn my friend.

You go URA and check lah.
To me it is a good deal.
I am impressed with the greenery and serenity of the environment.
Each time I enter the development, I don't feel like leaving it.

yowetan
03-03-12, 20:44
To me it is a good deal.

I will convey the message to my friend then.

I do not know what to check anyway.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 20:46
I will convey the message to my friend then.

I do not know what to check anyway.

Go to : http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

search for Pavilion Park and you will see the recent transacted price.

yowetan
03-03-12, 20:52
Go to : http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

search for Pavilion Park and you will see the recent transacted price.

Thanks for the link.

Apparently, each landed unit cost 2.4 mil.

I cannot imagine how my friend going to service the loan.

stiook
03-03-12, 21:15
Thanks for the link.

Apparently, each landed unit cost 2.4 mil.

I cannot imagine how my friend going to service the loan.

IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes...

Why want to stay in a landed which looks nice from outside but everyday so stress about every cent... cannot enjoy life... somethings gotta give - holiday, meals in restaurant etc...

unless he has some other reserve... Government already said that 10k income should stay in HDB, 12k in EC and beyond 12k then private... to stay landed.... I think must be easily above 20k... instalment pay is about 6k (at 1% interest rate)... already 30% of income...

I am truly amaze that he actually thought about it...

radha08
03-03-12, 21:18

wow bro now i see u UP...talking about volunteer work...:D

radha08
03-03-12, 21:21
They also warned me not to stay with my in -laws as they said familiarity breeds contempt and it is better to be cordial but not too close to in- laws.

wow thats very deep...but i guess every family got its own traditions...mine all under 1 roof...DOGS included...:D:D:D

radha08
03-03-12, 21:22
interest rate gonna still be < 1% after 10 yr meh? :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

go to 3% also u peng san...:D:D:D

DC33_2008
03-03-12, 21:26

Why your friend want style & may not hve good life by over-stretching. It is better to progress slowly. Buy a more affordable lower quantumn apt first & if managaeable invest in another smaller unit by using rental to pay for the mortgage. When time & opportunity are right then buy a reasonable landed property.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 21:27
wow thats very deep...but i guess every family got its own traditions...mine all under 1 roof...DOGS included...:D:D:D

No wonder you need a landed house.:)
How many dogs you have?
Some guard the front, others guard the back?:D
Landed + dogs =:sleep: :sleep: at night.

teddybear
03-03-12, 21:44
$6k instalment but they have 2 HDB flats to generate $5k income right? Remaining $1k use CPF, so still not an issue right? (even HDB flats instalments if have likely minimal).
However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than spend on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.

IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes...

Why want to stay in a landed which looks nice from outside but everyday so stress about every cent... cannot enjoy life... somethings gotta give - holiday, meals in restaurant etc...

unless he has some other reserve... Government already said that 10k income should stay in HDB, 12k in EC and beyond 12k then private... to stay landed.... I think must be easily above 20k... instalment pay is about 6k (at 1% interest rate)... already 30% of income...

I am truly amaze that he actually thought about it...

radha08
03-03-12, 21:59
How many dogs you have?

my one all useless dogs...see bangla also wag the tail...:doh:

my dog not for protection just company...mans best friend .... especially after u fight with your spouse...:D:D:D

stiook
03-03-12, 22:36
$6k instalment but they have 2 HDB flats to generate $5k income right? Remaining $1k use CPF, so still not an issue right? (even HDB flats instalments if have likely minimal).
However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.

Maybe true... have to consider how young he is... maybe only 26 and high flyer...
I am an old fart so getting more prudent since I dont expect to have the same pay in 10 yrs time...

maisonjai
04-03-12, 01:08
In addition, their parents have just rented their HDB unit for 3kSGD per month with 500kSGD outstanding HDB loan

I understand my friend's parent sold their unit in Jurong west and upgrade to a mature estate in Tiong Bahru HDB flat, and this is why their parents paid a premium for that. This probably explains why they are still bug down by 500ksgd equivalent loan from HDB through bank loan.

Yes, my friend (01) is currently bunking in with his in-law's (02), wife's brother (01), and his wife (01) with two kids (02). This is a total of 01+02+01+01+02 = 07.

The 3 room HDB flat is around 69-70Sqm, and is fully paid of now.

His household income, combination with his wife is around 10kSGD (max).

I did asked my friend how they bunk together under one roof; he shared one room is for himself, wife and two kids; wife's brother in living room; in-laws in another room.
I get confused here, if the in laws are staying with him then where his parents stay after renting out TB flat?

Putting aside TB flat, assuming ur friend took a very optimistic view
2.4m 80% 1.9mil
1.5% 30yr = 6.5k
3 rm flat rent out 2.5k
Cpf 2k
Cash top up 2k

Or ur friend has an arrangement that his parents stays in his flat, income from TB flat goes into his pocket + in-law's flat rental + cpf + topup to reach the number? If so ur friend ready geng kah liao.:not-worthy:

extremme
04-03-12, 01:09
IMO, it will be very stretched even if include rental income from HDB. Still have 2 kids... need to spend on child care, enrichment classes... ..
my kids go to very cheap neighborhood childcare n normal enrichment but because I have 2 kids, when my gal turns 3 next yr, average will be spending at least $2k plus per month on their enrichment n classes :scared-3: n mine all cheap cheap if ur friend want to send those Atas like mindchamp or Eton dun even think abt it!!

Allthepies
04-03-12, 07:38
However, frankly speaking, they should just just save more rather than spend on the landed. Private condo 3BRs will be cheaper and good enough.
pretty dangerous to depend on hdb rental to fund purchase;what if due to popular demand, hdb can no longer be rented out? or due to global recession or massive oversupply, hdb rental drop to 1k or nobody renting?

DaytonaSS
04-03-12, 08:24
bro, 10k just nice hit limit to buy HDB. Just buy HDB and stay. No need up to landed....... The head so small wanna wear so big hat very dangerous. 10k buy condo already stretch.....

"Do you also know that the average household living in 5-room and executive HDB flats makes $10,160 a month? And that those living in condos and private apartments earn an average income of $18,060 a month? Landed property dwellers make the most – at $24,039 per month on average." - extract

amk
04-03-12, 08:55

Each house is on about 1500 sqft land, with prob 500 for the car park porch. So the old folks are only restricted to live on the 1st floor room with no window, and right next to the kitchen, store room, no own toilet, all public places, etc all just about 800 sqft or less, and never go upstairs ?? In the old landed design such room is for the maid.

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 09:14
It is really pitiful to house people there. It is best to be a study room or theatre room. Some houses even got partial basement. Not very good for elderly to stay. It's closer to the feet under. :doh:
Each house is on about 1500 sqft land, with prob 500 for the car park porch. So the old folks are only restricted to live on the 1st floor room with no window, and right next to the kitchen, store room, no own toilet, all public places, etc all just about 800 sqft or less, and never go upstairs ?? In the old landed design such room is for the maid.

Rysk
04-03-12, 09:26
How many dogs you have?

I had experience it last time when I stayed landed.. but is very irritating when you can hear some dogs barking non-stop.
Of course I still preferred landed home.

roly8
04-03-12, 09:52

yea.. i find it miserable for old pple to live in this small room ..

buttercarp
04-03-12, 10:09

That's the problem with the majority of inter terraces - the small land space.
Btw Pavilion park is bigger lah. Front porch cab squeeze 2 cars.
If you wonder why the inter terrace has different land are is becoz the backyard size differ as the land is not exactly regular.
Eg if the land area is 1600 - 1700 that's quite a fair amount of space.
There are of course units with even bigger land space eg >2000 sq feet.

If TS's frens family is so big, the younger ones can be upstairs while the old ones remain on the first level.
The granny room is good size 2 people can live comfortably in it and it has windows.
There is a toilet just beside it and the toilet is pretty large.
So it is a good place if he is comfortable with the financial aspect.

stiook
04-03-12, 12:45
"Do you also know that the average household living in 5-room and executive HDB flats makes $10,160 a month? And that those living in condos and private apartments earn an average income of $18,060 a month? Landed property dwellers make the most – at $24,039 per month on average." - extract

Where is this from? I think this is more reasonable. Still have to maintain the BMW and Merc leh... it is a package lah.

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 13:06
What is the build-up area for the 1600sqft land area?
That's the problem with the majority of inter terraces - the small land space.
Btw Pavilion park is bigger lah. Front porch cab squeeze 2 cars.
If you wonder why the inter terrace has different land are is becoz the backyard size differ as the land is not exactly regular.
Eg if the land area is 1600 - 1700 that's quite a fair amount of space.
There are of course units with even bigger land space eg >2000 sq feet.

If TS's frens family is so big, the younger ones can be upstairs while the old ones remain on the first level.
The granny room is good size 2 people can live comfortably in it and it has windows.
There is a toilet just beside it and the toilet is pretty large.
So it is a good place if he is comfortable with the financial aspect.

buttercarp
04-03-12, 13:14
What is the build-up area for the 1600sqft land area?
The built up is generally the same for the newer phases - about 3000 sq ft, of which 600sq ft is the roof terrace.

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 13:20
So is 3 storeys plus terrace. Just now a group of 4 cars came around my neighbourhood to look for houses in my area. People are still willing to pay for houses at $1400psf. Sorry recent caveat lodged already $1500psf. Amazing! :doh:
The built up is generally the same for the newer phases - about 3000 sq ft, of which 600sq ft is the roof terrace.

buttercarp
04-03-12, 15:10
So is 3 storeys plus terrace. Just now a group of 4 cars came around my neighbourhood to look for houses in my area. People are still willing to pay for houses at $1400psf. Sorry recent caveat lodged already $1500psf. Amazing! :doh:

Yup... 3 storeys of livable space.
Roof terrace to me is always a wasted space.
Ya, $1500 psf is really nuts. But if people are willing to pay for that, then it will become a norm!

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 16:35
Just saw another one at $1600psf. May be it is near city-fringe and close to stns of circle line, N-E line and E-W line, schools and malls.
Yup... 3 storeys of livable space.
Roof terrace to me is always a wasted space.
Ya, $1500 psf is really nuts. But if people are willing to pay for that, then it will become a norm!

kitkit
04-03-12, 16:55
To me it is a good deal.

Wow! Looks like a nice and quiet place to stay!

samuelk
06-03-12, 20:20
I get confused here, if the in laws are staying with him then where his parents stay after renting out TB flat?

Putting aside TB flat, assuming ur friend took a very optimistic view
2.4m 80% 1.9mil
1.5% 30yr = 6.5k
3 rm flat rent out 2.5k
Cpf 2k
Cash top up 2k

Or ur friend has an arrangement that his parents stays in his flat, income from TB flat goes into his pocket + in-law's flat rental + cpf + topup to reach the number? If so ur friend ready geng kah liao.:not-worthy:

I guess the arly birds front facing units @ 1.3 - 1.8 mil were a good deaj. That were the good old days,

buttercarp
13-04-12, 22:38
Today I went to Pavilion Park to have a look at the site.
Then kaypoh and went to sales gallery.
Wow.... all of the newest phase 2G are sold out including the corner terrace with a swimming pool.
Heard from the receptionist there that there will be 2 more phases - 2i and 2j, and the prices will be higher than the present phase.

land118
13-04-12, 23:28
Wow.... all of the newest phase 2G are sold out including the corner terrace with a swimming pool.
Heard from the receptionist there that there will be 2 more phases - 2i and 2j, and the prices will be higher than the present phase.
I suppose next phase inter terrace will be priced at $2.5-2.6m ?

lajia
14-04-12, 09:20

wow...serious...i was there few weeks back and if i remember correctly, for this phase the whole row directly faced the WEST SUN and at the back is the so called HILL.

will be HOT HOT even if you on the aircon for whole day. Basically it is radiating heat at night. like that property price where got drop?? they will likely increase price for each phase...

buttercarp
14-04-12, 11:48
wow...serious...i was there few weeks back and if i remember correctly, for this phase the whole row directly faced the WEST SUN and at the back is the so called HILL.

will be HOT HOT even if you on the aircon for whole day. Basically it is radiating heat at night. like that property price where got drop?? they will likely increase price for each phase...

Yup... all sold out.
This phase although face west directly, but because of the hill behind, will not get the morning sun at all.
So it is only hot in the afternoon.
In addition, there is lots of privacy as the back is the hill and no neighbours at the back. So it is very quiet.
So maybe it could be a selling point.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 12:40
Afternoon sun is a real problem. :cool:
Yup... all sold out.
This phase although face west directly, but because of the hill behind, will not get the morning sun at all.
So it is only hot in the afternoon.
In addition, there is lots of privacy as the back is the hill and no neighbours at the back. So it is very quiet.
So maybe it could be a selling point.

buttercarp
14-04-12, 13:26
Afternoon sun is a real problem. :cool:
It is true that afternoon Sun is hot...... Just hide in aircon room. But it's not as bad as those at the other end of the development that front face east and back face west. They will have sun the whole day!

stl67
14-04-12, 14:40
It is true that afternoon Sun is hot...... Just hide in aircon room. But it's not as bad as those at the other end of the development that front face east and back face west. They will have sun the whole day!

can plant a huge tree like those with layers and layers of umbrella shape to block the sun. Quite effective because my house has got one. It shades off at least 70% of morning sun.

howgozit
14-04-12, 18:37

N or S facing is supposed to be the best followed by NE facing. E facing still better than W facing.... you'd rather dry your clothes in your yard behind rather than in the front porch.

Some people like a house where sunlight can reach most areas which a NS facing house might not be able to achieve unless its a corner terrace or semi-d.

I guess to each his own.

buttercarp
14-04-12, 22:38
N or S facing is supposed to be the best followed by NE facing. E facing still better than W facing.... you'd rather dry your clothes in your yard behind rather than in the front porch.

Some people like a house where sunlight can reach most areas which a NS facing house might not be able to achieve unless its a corner terrace or semi-d.

I guess to each his own.

Looks like I have to dry my clothes in the roof terrace in future!
Actually this phase west facing not bad afterall cos hill block off morning sun so can sleep till late:sleep: .
Then very bright as you have mentioned.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 22:40
Good exercise everyday. I have an attic space which I hardly used.
Actually this phase west facing not bad afterall cos hill block off morning sun so can sleep till late:sleep: .

wind30
15-04-12, 16:20

I think it is easier to get a curtain if you want to sleep late than to rely on the hill :)

My place facing is North facing with a 30deg towards west. During June, july, the sun changes angle so I get 60 deg (90deg is direct) afternoon sun while December I get zero afternoon sun.

Lucky my car porch is on the left side so it shields the afternoon sun from my living room almost all year round.

My in laws place has afternoon sun which hits the living room and it is REALLY warm in the afternoon. I mean unless you are going to turn on air con to cool your living room, the entire house will feel warm.

chiaberry
15-04-12, 16:54
If having a West-facing house, as long as the windows are not big and there is some shelter in the form of trees or a hill, it can still be bearable. My bedroom is West-facing but only has a small-ish window (half-height 2 panes) and there is a big rambutan tree just outside. I don't have an air-con just a stand fan. Maybe it helps that it is the last house on the road and only forest reserve beyond.

buttercarp
15-04-12, 18:33
In my present place, my room face east.
And I can't sleep till late even with dark curtains.
I have to wake up to set my air con to a lower temperature as it gets hot in the mid morning, so I seldom sleep till late.
However it is a joy to be able to see the sun upon rising.

My other rooms have windows that northwest, so I do get some afternoon sun, and again it is romantic to see the sun set everyday!
I am an aircon person, so rain or shine, cold or hot, I hide in the aircon room.
So I guess and hope it won't make a difference.

I will consider planting a tree as stl67 has suggested.
Perhaps a fan shaped banana/ palm tree parallel to the front of the house? Is that possible?

wind30
15-04-12, 18:45
If having a West-facing house, as long as the windows are not big and there is some shelter in the form of trees or a hill, it can still be bearable. My bedroom is West-facing but only has a small-ish window (half-height 2 panes) and there is a big rambutan tree just outside. I don't have an air-con just a stand fan. Maybe it helps that it is the last house on the road and only forest reserve beyond.

ya lah. if it is a small window not too bad.

My in laws place has afternoon sun hitting the living room which is full height glass sliding panels....

howgozit
15-04-12, 18:46
Landed properties owners can install louvres/shutters or slats outside the windows facing the sun. It deflects most of the heat and glare and its on the outside.

This is unlike curtains bcoz curtains are installed within the room and the rays of the sun have already entered the room/house thru' the glass of the windows and therefore it heats up the room.

buttercarp
15-04-12, 18:55
Landed properties owners can install louvres/shutters or slats outside the windows facing the sun. It deflects most of the heat and glare and its on the outside.

This is unlike curtains bcoz curtains are installed within the room and the rays of the sun have already entered the room/house thru' the glass of the windows and therefore it heats up the room.

Thanks.... Guess I have to do my homework and look out for companies which do such things. Any recommendation?

howgozit
15-04-12, 19:18
Thanks.... Guess I have to do my homework and look out for companies which do such things. Any recommendation?

You can see the what I mean by slats/shutters on the website below... scroll down on the website.
http://www.chepseng.com/default.htm

Now this was quite some time ago and there are probably many newer and better products out there, the above is just an example. Not shown on their website are the angled louvres.

Btw, I have used these guys before to install external louvred shutters. Small family business... under $1M/annum, so no GST. Now the business should be taken over by the son Max, a tall and pleasant gentleman that speaks Engkish.

But please do your own research and source the best price for yourself... I am not promoting or vouching for Chep Seng

buttercarp
15-04-12, 19:59
You can see the what I mean by slats/shutters on the website below... scroll down on the website.
http://www.chepseng.com/default.htm

Now this was quite some time ago and there are probably many newer and better products out there, the above is just an example. Not shown on their website are the angled louvres.

Btw, I have used these guys before to install external louvred shutters. Small family business... under $1M/annum, so no GST. Now the business should be taken over by the son Max, a tall and pleasant gentleman that speaks Engkish.

But please do your own research and source the best price for yourself... I am not promoting or vouching for Chep Seng

Thanks for the suggestion!
$1M / annum?
Should be $1K ?

howgozit
15-04-12, 20:32
Thanks for the suggestion!
$1M / annum?
Should be $1K ?

For GST... Chep Seng does not charge GST... suppose to be their attraction. But pls do check around for the best deals... I am not sure if they have the best product or deal bcoz small businesses may not have the economies of scale to price their products low...

buttercarp
15-04-12, 20:42
For GST... Chep Seng does not charge GST... suppose to be their attraction. But pls do check around for the best deals... I am not sure if they have the best product or deal bcoz small businesses may not have the economies of scale to price their products low...

LOL.....
Ok, I get it now.
The $1M/ annum is their company's annual turnover.
I tot you were referring to the cost of maintenance per annum.:o

lajia
24-04-12, 17:07
just received a call on this project and seems like they are launching new phase soon and with a price of at least 8% net UP from the previous net net...:doh: seems like landed is going strong. Even looking at the project, the developer also not hurry to sell at all. maybe this has been selling for the last 10yrs?? up and up and all the way...:confused:

been thru all the ups and downs and the price only one direction (in the longer aspect), in my opinion...

buttercarp
29-05-12, 10:17
Looks like prices at Pavilion Park catching up with those at Luxus Hills.

The latest phase 2I is NS facing, probably that's why.

URA website : price $2,620,000 land 1,615 sq ft price psf $ 1,623
transacted on May-12

lajia
29-05-12, 11:37

transacted on May-12

i think more upside expected...those development within a few km from the Jurong Lake district will benefit, my opinion...:o
this one just one straight road down and you will reach J-Cube. less than 8min driving i think...
landed in the vicinity is going to be strong....:D

roly8
29-05-12, 11:52
depend on what you like.

jurong too crowded... not for those who want a peaceful living environment. :o

lajia
29-05-12, 12:02
depend on what you like.

jurong too crowded... not for those who want a peaceful living environment. :o

u staying in Sembawang??:D Bedok, AMK, all even more crowded...

but true enough, i also dont like to be too near...a few km away will be fine :o

buttercarp
29-05-12, 12:33
i think more upside expected...those development within a few km from the Jurong Lake district will benefit, my opinion...:o
this one just one straight road down and you will reach J-Cube. less than 8min driving i think...
landed in the vicinity is going to be strong....:D

Yup very near JCube.
Straight wide road.

My gal is going to love it... can go to the ice skating ring every weekend!

Btw regarding pollution.... if we stay in aircon room, then are we subjected to less air pollution?

lajia
29-05-12, 13:31
Yup very near JCube.
Straight wide road.

Btw regarding pollution.... if we stay in aircon room, then are we subjected to less air pollution?

where got pollution....unless you stand at the road side all day long la...:D the psi reading for singapore in general is in good range without the fire in nearby country. if you still worry, plant more tree in your house la :doh:

:o , your aircon filter should do the job.

roly8
29-05-12, 14:19
Yup very near JCube.
Straight wide road.

air-con help to filter out the dirty air..

but if you 24/7 stay in air-con , you will feel sick the moment step into non-air con environment.. might even cause health danger..;)

Blue
29-05-12, 17:26

transacted on May-12

Wow, this is gd news for all landed owners! If Jurong can sell at $1600+psf, then elsewhere can fetch even higher. Chiong ah!!!!

Based on same psf, the semi D I bought recently, paper gain is $1.1M liao :p

wannabe
29-05-12, 17:37
Wow, this is gd news for all landed owners! If Jurong can sell at $1600+psf, then elsewhere can fetch even higher. Chiong ah!!!!

Based on same psf, the semi D I bought recently, paper gain is $1.1M liao :p

lol.... then my paper gain would be >$3m
HUAT AH!

land118
29-05-12, 17:52

Based on same psf, the semi D I bought recently, paper gain is $1.1M liao :p Huat ah! But I believe becos the land area is small & new, that's why psf is high. Perhaps, it's "Landed MM", similar to MM condo/apartment, psf always higher. :2cents:

But as long UP, happy pong peex2! :D

Blue
30-05-12, 10:06
Calling out to all landed owners:

Please DO NOT SELL your landed house CHEAP. Must hit AT LEAST $2000 LAND PSF then sell. This is what the GCBs and Sentosa Cove are commanding. You will regret if you sell too early and too cheap.

HUAT AH!!!

:cheers4:

land118
30-05-12, 11:41
Calling out to all landed owners:

Please DO NOT SELL your landed house CHEAP. Must hit AT LEAST $2000 LAND PSF then sell. This is what the GCBs and Sentosa Cove are commanding. You will regret if you sell too early and too cheap.

HUAT AH!!!

:cheers4: Huat Ah, it take 20-30 years just to reclaim land, and expensive exercise..., that's the value of land in land scarce Singapore...Not only need more FT to help build Singapore in the future but also Land ! :D :2cents:

roly8
30-05-12, 12:36
Huat Ah, it take 20-30 years just to reclaim land, and expensive exercise..., that's the value of land in land scarce Singapore...Not only need more FT to help build Singapore in the future but also Land ! :D :2cents:

build 1 way up to 200 stories... confirm HUAT!
:D

buttercarp
30-05-12, 12:42

Wah lau.... will kena altitude sickness or not?

hyenergix
30-05-12, 13:34
lol.... then my paper gain would be >$3m
HUAT AH!

On paper only. Sell already where do you want to stay? Changi beach, HDB or MM condo? :p

roly8
30-05-12, 13:52
Wah lau.... will kena altitude sickness or not?

lol~ joking la..

if you take lift to the top of the tallest building in asia (not sure which country) eg. taipei 101 ..

i am sure you do feel some pressure surrounding you..
just like taking plane.. :D

land118
30-05-12, 23:36
Not only up, can also build down...:D

samuelk
31-05-12, 13:27

transacted on May-12
heard from agent that the finishes also different.
the marble pieces are bigger as well as the bomb shelter door in some unit facing main door

Vincegoh
01-06-12, 15:45

karma will come back to haunt these imbeciles.

Vincegoh
01-06-12, 15:49

i agree with your parents.. but i will invite my parents to bunk in with me every now and then if i do own such a spacious abode with extra rooms to spare.

most parents (esp if retired) will like to spend some time with kids and grandchildren i think.. but sometimes they paiseh to express such a wish as they dun want to mafan us.. :)

curry1295
10-06-12, 09:21

i agree with your parents.. but i will invite my parents to bunk in with me every now and then if i do own such a spacious abode with extra rooms to spare.

most parents (esp if retired) will like to spend some time with kids and grandchildren i think.. but sometimes they paiseh to express such a wish as they dun want to mafan us.. :)

What is the price of the new phase now? Is there a show flat ?

wind30
10-06-12, 15:41

not really leh.. both my parents and in-laws don't want to come and stay with us for 1-2 nights although they stay like minutes away.

My parents worried my wife will not like it. My in-laws worry I will not like it or lose face to bunk in with thei daughter.

curry1295
17-06-12, 15:58
Hi,

Just went to the site today. No show flat and just a sales office structure.
Can any buyer share what made you buy this development? I noticed a new road leading out to the hdb, it seems that they are building another exit? Anyone to confirm?

buttercarp
17-06-12, 16:25
Hi,

Just went to the site today. No show flat and just a sales office structure.
Can any buyer share what made you buy this development? I noticed a new road leading out to the hdb, it seems that they are building another exit? Anyone to confirm?

Hi.... what no show flat?
They have been using the same show flat (an actual unit) for many phases.
Are all the units in Phase 2I sold out already so they close the show flat , or have they sold the show flat as well?

I bought because it is new and FH.
I can't imagine doing A&A so I have to buy new one.
I like the surrounding.
Although it is in a not well sought after area, the development has an exclusive feel.
It is close to Jurong Lake District.
It is close to NUS and NTU.
Tengah estate will be developed in the future, albeit many years later.

Apparently when I bought it last year, the agent said that there are plans to build another exit leading to the HDB, so I guess it is the one you saw.
Is it the one leading from the only corner terrace unit with the pool?

buttercarp
17-06-12, 16:35
Btw, I think the show flat was No. 4 Pavilion View.
After I reading your post, I google searched the area again.
Now they have a wider coverage of the development.
Previously google map only featured part of it.
It is really beautiful.
Each time I go there, I don't feel like leaving the place.

roly8
17-06-12, 18:09
It is really beautiful.

how come?

what is the surrounding like?

i will put pavillion park as my dream home if don't need to drive car.. :o

curry1295
17-06-12, 19:20
how come?

what is the surrounding like?

i will put pavillion park as my dream home if don't need to drive car.. :o

Roly8, How does driving a car relates to your dream home?

roly8
17-06-12, 21:27
Roly8, How does driving a car relates to your dream home?
me always take public transport one..

lazy to drive..

and pavilion park is a distance from the nearest MRT :o

buttercarp
17-06-12, 21:45

lazy to drive..

Actually with the new road to the HDB, can walk to Bukit Gombak about 1km away.

roly8
17-06-12, 21:59
Actually with the new road to the HDB, can walk to Bukit Gombak about 1km away.

ok..

thx alot.. :o

buttercarp
18-06-12, 00:32

lazy to drive..

Got a friend who is a bachelor and he owns a corner terrace and he is very succcessful in his career, but don't have driving licence. I don't think he ever took up driving lessons..... i really dunno why.
Izzit bcos of phobia of driving?

roly8
18-06-12, 09:23
Got a friend who is a bachelor and he owns a corner terrace and he is very succcessful in his career, but don't have driving licence. I don't think he ever took up driving lessons..... i really dunno why.
Izzit bcos of phobia of driving?

no idea also...

i got driving license but did not drive a car for many years already..
so, it is definitely gonna take me a while to re-gain back the driving sense.. :cool:

samuelk
18-06-12, 12:48
It is really beautiful.
I "think" next to the showroom is the showhouse. But now a little bit cutoff from the main road as you will need to enter pass the showroom before you enter. Used to be quite assesible as it was across the road.

is the prices still at 2.4 mil? Luxus hill has sky rocket to 2.9mil

Blue
18-06-12, 13:22
I "think" next to the showroom is the showhouse. But now a little bit cutoff from the main road as you will need to enter pass the showroom before you enter. Used to be quite assesible as it was across the road.

Can afford just wack. Sure make $$$ one!

lajia
18-06-12, 14:07
I bought because it is new and FH.
I can't imagine doing A&A so I have to buy new one.
I like the surrounding.
Although it is in a not well sought after area, the development has an exclusive feel.
It is close to Jurong Lake District.
It is close to NUS and NTU.
Tengah estate will be developed in the future, albeit many years later.

Apparently when I bought it last year, the agent said that there are plans to build another exit leading to the HDB, so I guess it is the one you saw.
Is it the one leading from the only corner terrace unit with the pool?

definitely good choice. my opinion.. quiet inside (provided yours is inside) and yet accessible to main road and JLD. Most singaporean want to see the JLD before they commit now. even if we know that the price might already been up but wait till 2015 onwards with JLD in place, think a lot of potential. especially landed are so limited right now.
you should have already make at least 20% on paper :p

buttercarp
18-06-12, 14:31

OMG.... really?
Luxus hills so huat ah!

Pavilion Park i think 2.6 mil.

definitely good choice. my opinion.. quiet inside (provided yours is inside) and yet accessible to main road and JLD. Most singaporean want to see the JLD before they commit now. even if we know that the price might already been up but wait till 2015 onwards with JLD in place, think a lot of potential. especially landed are so limited right now.
you should have already make at least 20% on paper :p

Hehehe...dunno how to count.

buttercarp
18-06-12, 20:42
Just went there again today.
New showflat in the process of building.
The road to HDB subjected to URA who owns that land.
Prices are 2.65 mil for inter terrace.
30 units in this phase, so far 13 units sold.

samuelk
20-06-12, 07:50
very bare . No electric gate, no alarm, no air con in the living area, bomb shelter, even letter box I side also want to save on cost. Next to the main door the sliding door not full height and the material looks filmsy.Family area too small to put a sofa :scared-4:

good thing is they change the layout from the previous phase of court yard right in the middle of the living rm.

buttercarp
20-06-12, 10:08
very bare . No electric gate, no alarm, no air con in the living area, bomb shelter, even letter box I side also want to save on cost. Next to the main door the sliding door not full height and the material looks filmsy.Family area too small to put a sofa :scared-4:

good thing is they change the layout from the previous phase of court yard right in the middle of the living rm.

Which phase is this, the newest?
I tot aircon should be in all rooms?
Mine got in living, dining, granny and all bedroom upstairs.
I agree..... Gate looks poor quality..... The see thru type.
I will be changing it to autogate with a manual door in it.

lifeline
20-06-12, 14:06

you can consider making that door with an electric lock as well.

buttercarp
29-06-12, 15:16
you can consider making that door with an electric lock as well.

What if there is a power failure?
Can the lock be opened manually?

howgozit
29-06-12, 18:21
What if there is a power failure?
Can the lock be opened manually?

There is manual overide.

But I would personally not recommend an electronic lock for the gate bcoz the lock would be exposed to the elements. From what I am reading, I am assuming you are referring to an alternative access opening on the actual main gate.

Unless you are talking about a seperate side-gate.....

buttercarp
29-06-12, 23:02
There is manual overide.

But I would personally not recommend an electronic lock for the gate bcoz the lock would be exposed to the elements. From what I am reading, I am assuming you are referring to an alternative access opening on the actual main gate.

Unless you are talking about a seperate side-gate.....

No, not side gate but a door incorporated inside the autogate, so that in case of a power failure or failed gate mechanism, I would still be able to get in.

Something like this :https://p.twimg.com/AwkNhmzCMAIKQ4J.jpg

howgozit
29-06-12, 23:12
Your autogate installers will give you a manual tool to disengage the mechanism from the motor as a contigency in case of a failure. With motor disengaged the autogate is like a normal gate.

For a built-in gate like what you illustrated below, all the more you should not have an electric lock since wiring it will be a problem and constant exposure to elements.

No, not side gate but a door incorporated inside the autogate, so that in case of a power failure or failed gate mechanism, I would still be able to get in.

buttercarp
30-06-12, 00:40
Your autogate installers will give you a manual tool to disengage the mechanism from the motor as a contigency in case of a failure. With motor disengaged the autogate is like a normal gate.

For a built-in gate like what you illustrated below, all the more you should not have an electric lock since wiring it will be a problem and constant exposure to elements.
Thanks.
I will bear that in mind.
Sigh..... It's been almost a year but they have not laid the foundation yet.
Still digging the land.

land118
30-06-12, 07:39

This type of autogate is quite common with door incorporated. Like the picture u send, most is hinge and ledge with a stainless steel lock( can buy from DIY hardware shop) for the door. From my experience, first 1-2 year, not much problem, thereafter, from time to time, need maintenance as this gate is under weather all the time. Common maintenance for motor, lever arms as sometimes, gate not open fully,etc. :2cents:

wind30
30-06-12, 11:04
mine autogate just died with my car inside the porch.

I had to unscrew the bottom metal box to manually release the catch. Not too difficult after you figure it out.

roly8
30-06-12, 13:08
i think better to have manual gate la..

auto gate only give problem in the long run..

what do you guys think?

howgozit
30-06-12, 13:29
IMHO

I think autogate is a must have for landed.

Especially on a rainy day with a full load of kids and shopping in the trunk. With an autogate you can just press the remote and the gate swings open, you back into your porch and everybody can disembark sheltered from the weather.

what do you guys think?

buttercarp
30-06-12, 13:31

what do you guys think?
If have maid then no auto gate still can. If no maid n no one to. Close it for u then so leh ceh. Just curious, how much will the autogate cost?

howgozit
30-06-12, 13:36
If have maid then no auto gate still can. If no maid n no one to. Close it for u then so leh ceh. Just curious, how much will the autogate cost?

Varies $3-5K depending (but that was long time ago, now may be more expensive or cheaper)... btw, I configured my switches so that I have the option to swing one side open while leaving the other one closed... something to consider....

ysyap
30-06-12, 14:24
If have maid then no auto gate still can. If no maid n no one to. Close it for u then so leh ceh. Just curious, how much will the autogate cost?You can consider those that are not wood based as shown in the photo but rather more open concept. I prefer to see outside my house as much as allowing outside to see into my car porch. Opening the gate would also avoid hitting people outside. My dad installed such a gate more than 10 yrs back and it cost abt $6k (I think). :)

Komo
30-06-12, 15:28
those slide type better and easier to maintain :D

ysyap
30-06-12, 15:31
those slide type better and easier to maintain :DSlide type you need space to retract the gate plus its more expensive. Well it certainly look that bit classier, I guess. :cool:

howgozit
30-06-12, 18:07
those slide type better and easier to maintain :D

Slide type is slower and prone to jams as a foreign objects can easily get lodged in the tracks.

The reason why the slide type tends to be slower is bcoz the motor is actually moving the entire weight of the gate as it rests on the its rollers. The swing gate actually requires less force bcoz the weight of the gate is levered on the hinges. Like big giant heavy doors, if hinged correctly, you don't need a lot of force to open or close it.

buttercarp
30-06-12, 21:10
mine autogate just died with my car inside the porch.

I had to unscrew the bottom metal box to manually release the catch. Not too difficult after you figure it out.

How old is your autogate?
If in a rush especially in the morning, will be terrible as kids will be late for school!

IMHO

I think autogate is a must have for landed.

Especially on a rainy day with a full load of kids and shopping in the trunk. With an autogate you can just press the remote and the gate swings open, you back into your porch and everybody can disembark sheltered from the weather.

Agree with you.
Must have autogate for landed.

You can consider those that are not wood based as shown in the photo but rather more open concept. I prefer to see outside my house as much as allowing outside to see into my car porch. Opening the gate would also avoid hitting people outside. My dad installed such a gate more than 10 yrs back and it cost abt $6k (I think). :)

I prefer it to be closed concept so I will have more privacy.
Usually it should swing inwards, right?

Wow $6k!

Varies $3-5K depending (but that was long time ago, now may be more expensive or cheaper)... btw, I configured my switches so that I have the option to swing one side open while leaving the other one closed... something to consider....

Hopefully it is cheaper now.

One more question...... how often do you need to paint the gate?
Is a dark colored gate easier to maintain than a white color one?

TIA.

ysyap
01-07-12, 07:36
I prefer it to be closed concept so I will have more privacy.
Usually it should swing inwards, right?

Wow $6k!
Gates usually swing outwards lah. :cool:

buttercarp
01-07-12, 10:23

Really ar :ashamed1: !

DC33_2008
01-07-12, 10:49
Not allow now. Dangerous to pedestrian at the pathway.

Komo
01-07-12, 11:01
inward cannot close lah after car moved in...:D
gcb then no problem:D

DC33_2008
01-07-12, 11:11
Then sliding unless also too narrow.
inward cannot close lah after car moved in...:D
gcb then no problem:D

land118
01-07-12, 11:41
Most of neighbours are swing outwards, but new rebuilt houses I see mostly sliding now..

howgozit
01-07-12, 12:49

My gate swings outward bcoz there is a gradient on my porch so can't swing inwards... but I think you have a good point, I wonder if there is a law on this? anybody?

insigina
01-07-12, 16:57

That's correct. Auto gate must swing in. If swing out, you are protruding into public property.

samuelk
01-07-12, 18:01
kerry system have the pumaentic one going at 1800. quite reasonable.

samuelk
01-07-12, 18:10
Which phase is this, the newest?
I tot aircon should be in all rooms?
Mine got in living, dining, granny and all bedroom upstairs.
I agree..... Gate looks poor quality..... The see thru type.

Some have extended the gate by removing the Pillar. It gives a grander apperance.

Parking 2 cars will be much easier.

I like what some of the owners did by changing the tiles for the pouch to black

buttercarp
01-07-12, 18:49
My gate swings outward bcoz there is a gradient on my porch so can't swing inwards... but I think you have a good point, I wonder if there is a law on this? anybody?

Actually I do not know whether there is a law forbidding the gate to swing out.
I have seen some owners putting up sign to caution pedestrians of the outward swinging gate.

Some have extended the gate by removing the Pillar. It gives a grander apperance.

Parking 2 cars will be much easier.

I like what some of the owners did by changing the tiles for the pouch to black

Yup, I intend to remove the pillar.

DC33_2008
01-07-12, 22:07
Those houses undergone A&A or Reconstruction will not be able to have swing gate outwards.
That's correct. Auto gate must swing in. If swing out, you are protruding into public property.

buttercarp
01-07-12, 22:14
Those houses undergone A&A or Reconstruction will not be able to have swing gate outwards.

So new houses can have outward swinging gate?

samuelk
08-07-12, 21:39
So new houses can have outward swinging gate?
I doubt so can swing out new or old