PDA

View Full Version : Last saturday i called agent to enquire....

radha08
02-03-12, 17:24
About a 1800sqft ORIGINAL condition terrace house FHOLD in Keris Estate at east coast this is after st pat sch just before frankel turning OPPOSITE turn to dunbar walk....

I called him at 8am...he said he will make arrangement to view....ok so i thought sounds good...10am he called me sorry sir one buyer CONFIRMED deal on phone he just come down and GIVE me cheque...so i was THINKING like WTF...market for old terrace still HOT i guess that buyer flush with cash probably got backing from developer or something ike that buying to rebuild...

MORAL of story:....most of us are JUST small IKAN BILLIS...:D:D:D(no offence BRO with same nick)...in a world FULL of hungry Sharks...:scared-1:

oh buy the way its FRiday evening have fun and wake up in morning sober to look for more good DEALS...:D

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 17:33
About a 1800sqft ORIGINAL condition terrace house FHOLD in Keris Estate at east coast this is after st pat sch just before frankel turning OPPOSITE turn to dunbar walk....

I called him at 8am...he said he will make arrangement to view....ok so i thought sounds good...10am he called me sorry sir one buyer CONFIRMED deal on phone he just come down and GIVE me cheque...so i was THINKING like WTF...market for old terrace still HOT i guess that buyer flush with cash probably got backing from developer or something ike that buying to rebuild...

MORAL of story:....most of us are JUST small IKAN BILLIS...:D:D:D(no offence BRO with same nick)...in a world FULL of hungry Sharks...:scared-1:

oh buy the way its FRiday evening have fun and wake up in morning sober to look for more good DEALS...:D

no lah you are not ikan billis hor...for example some owners will use the classified to test the demand of their property. In actual fact, not selling one hor. There is one particular number in the classified that will advertise a lower price for the properties but will never pick up the call . My third eye told me this person is gathering market feedback.

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 17:35
my third eye also told me recently resale market not moving. so i dun believe this agent.

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 17:40
last time my boss told me when I was a property agent. Even during time of property softening there will be fools buying at a higher price than the market price. Thanks to him I kept that in my mind until toady.

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 17:44
take note many landed nearing 30 years or more now..... very very high costs to maintain. My estimate is more than 50% should be in this category and very eager to sell but not willing to let go at a fair price.

cl0ver
02-03-12, 18:02
i see some sentosa cove berth condo asking 1500psf now..... there are 20-30 of them....

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 18:15
Let your handsome brother work this out for you:

1800sqft terrace should be asking about S$2 million now in that area.

If I buy, I have to tear down or do a major A&A definately because of the pests that are inside dunno where.

So, let's say I don't do a tear down but a major A&A rebuilding all the pipes, wires and altering the exterior to fake modern look by hacking the walls but keep the pillars and foundations intact.

That would costs me around S$550,000 est.

That would bring the total cost of this property to S$2.55million

To cover my costs, legal processes, applications, my designers, my architects , and contractors and my own time and effort, I have to sell at S$2.85million minimum.

That is...errrrr.....way too much a not feasible venture for me liao.

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 18:20
I know why the terraces are all asking about S$2million now.My third eye told me they want to keep $500K cash, buy $800K studio for rental , and buy a $700K property (EC maybe ) for own stay.

Tio bo ? Accurate or not, your handsome brother here. WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

ikan bilis
02-03-12, 18:34
I know why the terraces are all asking about S$2million now.My third eye told me they want to keep $500K cash, buy $800K studio for rental , and buy a $700K property (EC maybe ) for own stay.

Tio bo ? Accurate or not, your handsome brother here. WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

umm... your 3rd eye needs some eye drop??... buy studio liow cannot buy EC mah.... if talking about privatised EC then will be normally >800K... if same location then EC should be more expensive than studio...

may be should ask your 3rd eye go sleep liow... take some rest ??... :sleep:

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 18:41
umm... your 3rd eye needs some eye drop??... buy studio liow cannot buy EC mah.... if talking about privatised EC then will be normally >800K... if same location then EC should be more expensive than studio...

may be should ask your 3rd eye go sleep liow... take some rest ??... :sleep:

Obviously my third eye not sleeping But your fishes all sleeping hor:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8365268/for-sale-the-rainforest

Please la...noone in this market knows better than me hor....except maybe Uncle Kwek. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ikan bilis
02-03-12, 18:44

Please la...noone in this market knows better than me hor....except maybe Uncle Kwek. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

bro... buy studio liow how to buy rainforest.... or buy rainforest liow how to buy studio...

go buy "dual-key" unit of any EC may be can lah...

devilplate
02-03-12, 18:50

buy EC liao how to buy studio?

anyway sell 2mil, keep 500k....buy1mil ocr 3bdr for stay and den buy a 700k studio take 50% loan still got spare to go holidays

blackjack21trader
02-03-12, 18:51
buy EC liao how to buy studio?

anyway sell 2mil, keep 500k....buy1mil ocr 3bdr for stay and den buy a 700k studio take 50% loan still got spare to go holidays

wahlaueh.. that's why I suspect u are my business associates hor....why let the cat out? brother devil !!!!:doh:

radha08
02-03-12, 19:12
in a strange way MOST handsome bro ur anology makes....sense...maybe owner/agent(same PERSON)...testing market.....anyway in a few weeks i shall check the caveats...THAT ONE doesnt lie...:D

blackjack21trader
03-03-12, 10:26

If I buy, I have to tear down or do a major A&A definately because of the pests that are inside dunno where.

So, let's say I don't do a tear down but a major A&A rebuilding all the pipes, wires and altering the exterior to fake modern look by hacking the walls but keep the pillars and foundations intact.

To cover my costs, legal processes, applications, my designers, my architects , and contractors and my own time and effort, I have to sell at S$2.85million minimum.

Good Luck.

dun be rash la, bro radha, read my post many times and you will get enlightened. My family business have been rebuilding landed since I was like 25 years old....the cost above is not any-o-how one hor.

DC33_2008
03-03-12, 11:15
dun be rash la, bro radha, read my post many times and you will get enlightened. My family business have been rebuilding landed since I was like 25 years old....the cost above is not any-o-how one hor.
It is abt quality of finishes & workmanship. Developer cum builder like u make a lot of §. DiReconstructed one landed property with the help of contractor friend at abt 300k including all professional fee. Still looking good. Saw a newly A& A house got crack on the way witin 6 mths. owner has a hard time chasing after to retify the problem.

radha08
03-03-12, 11:18

yup bro i realised that a few units near siglap BRAND new built by ECG...land area 1600 to 1700 asking about 3 mil....i guess those they make good money cos they must have bought land few years ago the most 1 to 1.5mil for the land...so total cost about 2.5 million...sell about 2.8 to 3 mil still make a few hundred k...but GOD bless the Buyer...unless buyer is rich with STRONG holding power...:)

buttercarp
03-03-12, 16:23
Radha08, have you seen the 3 brand new inter terrace at metropole drive.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/propertylisting/2140313/opera_estate-Terrace-ForSale
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8494800/for-sale-metropole-dr?street_id=2321

In one advertisment that i read (i can't find it now), apparently one unit sold at 2.6 mil.
Maybe you can ask for lower?
Or who knows..... mabbe by now all the 3 sold!

kane
03-03-12, 16:59
Could it be possible the agent just added your name to his prospective buyer list by one dummy ad of a previously sold property?

blackjack21trader
03-03-12, 17:59
I know many brothers and sisters aspire to be landed owners. for myself, I have seen many ups and many failed property investment. and that is why i am compelled to share with you my humble little knowledge. i was saved by SOMEONE, and I just feel a little obliged after that incident to brothers/sisters who are aspiring to be a successful property investor. I know.. there must be some ulterior motive right, you say? Of course there is, the motive is to build an awareness of my existence in the Internet so that if ever I got a chance to launch my very own project, it will be a straight ticket to success. Why ? Because after seeing Obama, I know the power of the Invisible Internet.

Now here goes:

For landed, there is such a thing called:

1) plot ratio, building height control or even special planning zones. Take note of this.

2) in the past, landed is mostly valued on the land psf only and a built up price based on condition of the building. Now currently in the landed market, you see a totally lopsided scenario whereby ran down landed asking for skyhigh price.

3) if you look at some new landed, they are building up to the max plot ratio. So, you get a huge building capitalising on a small area. This is because they want to charge you the max. psf possible.

Are the above 3 points wrong ? Of cause not. They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

1) The plot ratio/ building height is expected to increase after you stay like 20 years in them.

2) If the landed is old, then keep in mind most project costs will be overran. If you est. $200K, you better set aside $300K

3) Nothing wrong here, except what if (1) remains constant 20 years later. You have a 20 years old building built to the max. Are you sure you have maintained it well over the years?

So, be very careful when shopping for landed hor. Simply, do not be impulsive and emotional.

Good Luck. That is all I can tell you.

神龙股侠。

blackjack21trader
03-03-12, 18:13
Could it be possible the agent just added your name to his prospective buyer list by one dummy ad of a previously sold property?

why not? how do you explain getting property SMS after donkey years?

buttercarp
03-03-12, 18:27
They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

1) The plot ratio/ building height is expected to increase after you stay like 20 years in them.

2) If the landed is old, then keep in mind most project costs will be overran. If you est. $200K, you better set aside $300K

3) Nothing wrong here, except what if (1) remains constant 20 years later. You have a 20 years old building built to the max. Are you sure you have maintained it well over the years?

So, be very careful when shopping for landed hor. Simply, do not be impulsive and emotional.

神龙股侠。
Hi, you are not only handsome but kind too.:)

May I ask if build house to the maximum, after 20 years if house become old, can't we tear it down and build again?

blackjack21trader
03-03-12, 18:33
Hi, you are not only handsome but kind too.:)

May I ask if build house to the maximum, after 20 years if house become old, can't we tear it down and build again?

Of course you can, sister. Think over your question above again cos the answer is in your question. I am sure you will find the answer to your question because you are smart :)

buttercarp
03-03-12, 18:37
Of course you can, sister. Think over your question above again cos the answer is in your question. I am sure you will find the answer to your question because you are smart :)

Hi bro, in addition to being handsome and kind, you are also very articulate.
However, this not so smart sister here still liak buay kiu?:o

blackjack21trader
03-03-12, 18:40
In addition, sister buttercarp just reminded me of something. I know some rich but not yet very rich fellows are lurking in this forum. About GCB= Good Class Bungalows.

Take note that it does not mean land size is more than 20,000sqft, it is a GCB hor.

A GCB must be statutory declared by the Authorities as such. A 20,000sqft detached with swimming pool SHALL not be a GCB unless it is labelled as such in the GCB zones.

I came across one old bird agent telling me a 20,000sqft detached is a GCB which I know it is not. So thought I share share with those rich lazy bums lurking here.

So dun any-o-how hamtam hor.....WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

神龙股侠。

PS: please DO NOT Correct the agent's mistake hor. Allow the dumbs to get dumber mah.heheheheheheh

chiaberry
03-03-12, 19:26
bro blackjacktrader21:

If GCB have a lot of restrictions then why are are they in demand?

How do I check if the place I am living in is a GCB?

buttercarp
03-03-12, 19:45
bro blackjacktrader21:

If GCB have a lot of restrictions then why are are they in demand?

How do I check if the place I am living in is a GCB?

Wah sis chiaberry....u thinking of getting a GCB?
See-
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbr/pt1landedhousing-dchbr.pdf

The bungalow plots in the GCBA should have a

minimum development size of 1400mē.

GOOD CLASS BUNGALOW AREAS (GCBA)

There are 39 GCBAs comprising prime residential land safeguarded for good class bungalows.......

Good Class Bungalow Areas

The following are Good Class Bungalow Areas (GCBA)#

1 Belmont Park 21 Gallop Road / Woollerton Park

2 Bin Tong Park 22 Garlick Avenue
3 Binjai Park 23 Holland Park
4 Brizay Park 24 Holland Rise
5 Bukit Sedap 25 Kilburn Estate
6 Bukit Tunggal 26 King Albert Park
7 Caldecott Hill Estate 27 Leedon Park
8 Camden Park 28 Maryland Estate
9 Chatsworth Park 29 Nassim Road
10 Chee Hoon Avenue 30 Oei Tiong Ham Park
11 Chestnut Avenue 31 Queen Astrid Park
12 Cluny Hill 32 Raffles Park
13 Cluny Park 33 Rebecca Park
14 Cornwall Gardens 34 Ridley Park
15 Dalvey Estate 35 Ridout Park
16 Eng Neo Avenue 36 Swiss Club Road
17 Ewart Park 37 Victoria Park
18 First / Third Avenue 38 Windsor Park
19 Fort Avenue 39 White House Park
20 Fourth / Sixth Avenue

radha08
03-03-12, 21:26
Radha08, have you seen the 3 brand new inter terrace at metropole drive.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/propertylisting/2140313/opera_estate-Terrace-ForSale
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8494800/for-sale-metropole-dr?street_id=2321

In one advertisment that i read (i can't find it now), apparently one unit sold at 2.6 mil.
Maybe you can ask for lower?
Or who knows..... mabbe by now all the 3 sold!

sigh in all honesty my budget way below that...cos i dont intend to offload my crappy 4rm hdb flat to free up more cashflow....:(

buttercarp
03-03-12, 21:33
sigh in all honesty my budget way below that...cos i dont intend to offload my crappy 4rm hdb flat to free up more cashflow....:(

Then quite tough looking for FH in D15 or 16........
Unless you get the old ones and don't do any A&A.
Even then some advertise at least 2 mil.

radha08
03-03-12, 21:34
I know many brothers and sisters aspire to be landed owners. for myself, I have seen many ups and many failed property investment. and that is why i am compelled to share with you my humble little knowledge. i was saved by SOMEONE, and I just feel a little obliged after that incident to brothers/sisters who are aspiring to be a successful property investor. I know.. there must be some ulterior motive right, you say? Of course there is, the motive is to build an awareness of my existence in the Internet so that if ever I got a chance to launch my very own project, it will be a straight ticket to success. Why ? Because after seeing Obama, I know the power of the Invisible Internet.

Now here goes:

1) plot ratio, building height control or even special planning zones. Take note of this.

2) in the past, landed is mostly valued on the land psf only and a built up price based on condition of the building. Now currently in the landed market, you see a totally lopsided scenario whereby ran down landed asking for skyhigh price.

3) if you look at some new landed, they are building up to the max plot ratio. So, you get a huge building capitalising on a small area. This is because they want to charge you the max. psf possible.

Are the above 3 points wrong ? Of cause not. They are perfectly correct what. Yes, perfectly correct ONLY if :

神龙股侠。

tks bro i just came back from my evening walk after dinner and as i was walking around the estate and looking at all the houses i thought to myself...just like the fingers and toes on my hands and feet...i dont see any two houses that look alike some big some small some new some old....so every house got a story to tell....:o

a few months ago when i went for an evening walk around my condo in pasir ris looking at all the apts around me my thoughts were different...most apts looked the same and all from financial point of view would be about the same....:)

moral of story...u want to play landed you better get your act straight and know what u getting into....:)

radha08
03-03-12, 21:42

yup its tough when you want FH and decent living conditions but NOT impossible.....yup would have to an original condition or one with minimum renos...i seen a few...but i think only my dogs would be happy in there...sigh...:doh:

buttercarp
03-03-12, 21:43
moral of story...u want to play landed you better get your act straight and know what u getting into....:)

I agree with you.

Today I happened to be in Punggol and drove to the narrow strip of landed FH houses in Punggol road to take a good look at a A&A terrace house I contemplated buying exactly 1 year ago.

Then I thought to myself..........
The house surrounded by so many high rise HDB flats.
Why pay so much to live in that area?
I guess the buyer must have thought it differently as he may value convenience more than anything.

howgozit
03-03-12, 21:51
I think there are a couple of semi-ds at Greenfield Drive for sale. Pulled down and rebuilt brand new asking for $5.5m each. Highest asking so far I think is only $4.8m, I think can go lower.... good luck with your search.

tks bro i just came back from my evening walk after dinner and as i was walking around the estate and looking at all the houses i thought to myself...just like the fingers and toes on my hands and feet...i dont see any two houses that look alike some big some small some new some old....so every house got a story to tell....:o

a few months ago when i went for an evening walk around my condo in pasir ris looking at all the apts around me my thoughts were different...most apts looked the same and all from financial point of view would be about the same....:)

radha08
03-03-12, 21:54
I think there are a couple of semi-ds at Greenfield Drive for sale. Pulled down and rebuilt brand new asking for $5.5m each. Highest asking so far I think is only $4.8m, I think can go lower.... good luck with your search.

wah bro that one must kena toto first prize a few times...:D

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 09:41
May not be bad as visitors to the landed properties can park their car at the nearby open or multi-storey carparks. No blockage on the road.
I agree with you.

Today I happened to be in Punggol and drove to the narrow strip of landed FH houses in Punggol road to take a good look at a A&A terrace house I contemplated buying exactly 1 year ago.

Then I thought to myself..........
The house surrounded by so many high rise HDB flats.
Why pay so much to live in that area?
I guess the buyer must have thought it differently as he may value convenience more than anything.

blackjack21trader
04-03-12, 11:13
May not be bad as visitors to the landed properties can park their car at the nearby open or multi-storey carparks. No blockage on the road.

Good idea ! Never think of that :)

stl67
06-03-12, 08:23

the landed prices chiong so high liao.. i know because I ask a few agent to help me to look and all told me it is very difficult with my budget... i am not willing to pay >1000 psf for an old landed place in D15, D13, D19, D20 and D28...:(

buttercarp
06-03-12, 09:27
the landed prices chiong so high liao.. i know because I ask a few agent to help me to look and all told me it is very difficult with my budget... i am not willing to pay >1000 psf for an old landed place in D15, D13, D19, D20 and D28...:(

How about this one?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5087997/for-sale-new-terrace-in-upp-paya-lebar-rd

mkl22
06-03-12, 14:44

or people from HDB cheapo and park outside your place and clog up the road.

radha08
09-03-12, 08:38
How about this one?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5087997/for-sale-new-terrace-in-upp-paya-lebar-rd

i like the window grilles..real old school...;)

buttercarp
09-03-12, 09:21
i like the window grilles..real old school...;)

Yup me too.
Looks like made of steel.
Can't be cut easily- very secure!

bargain hunter
09-03-12, 10:14
could this be by roadside, that's why cheap?

How about this one?

radha08
09-03-12, 11:36
could this be by roadside, that's why cheap?

my guess is old original condition...but buyers beware tai keng paya lebar is a DENGUE hot spot are....:scared-2:

buttercarp
09-03-12, 12:24
my guess is old original condition...but buyers beware tai keng paya lebar is a DENGUE hot spot are....:scared-2:

Dengue thingy hard to say.
Siglap also on and off got , right?

ysyap
09-03-12, 12:34
How about this one?
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5087997/for-sale-new-terrace-in-upp-paya-lebar-rdThis unit has been in the market for a v long time... think I saw it some 6 months back... must be difficult to sell... :rolleyes:

buttercarp
09-03-12, 12:36
This unit has been in the market for a v long time... think I saw it some 6 months back... must be difficult to sell... :rolleyes:

Yup, I tot so too.
Was the price higher the last time?

ysyap
09-03-12, 12:37
could this be by roadside, that's why cheap?It is not cheap in this area lah.. less than 1600 sqft land area asking close to $2mil... wow... some other units with 17xx sqft land area and 24xx sqft build up only asking about $1.8mil.

ysyap
09-03-12, 12:38
Yup, I tot so too.
Was the price higher the last time?Yes, prices have gone up.. can't remember the asking back then.

radha08
09-03-12, 17:15
Dengue thingy hard to say.
Siglap also on and off got , right?

baygon/mosquito coil/off spray/ultra violet light...so far so good...:D

radha08
09-03-12, 17:16
bottomline u want DECENT LIVEABLE FH landed property...No 2 Million NO talk....:scared-4:

roly8
09-03-12, 18:10
bottomline u want DECENT LIVEABLE FH landed property...No 2 Million NO talk....:scared-4:

sad truth :o:o

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 14:23
There is someone that calls the traffic warden. They will love us as we help them to reach their quota. :D
or people from HDB cheapo and park outside your place and clog up the road.

buttercarp
10-03-12, 15:07
Passed by the narrow strip of land in punggol road today again. Noticed the corner terrace is up for sale. Looks new and should be 3 storeys high.
The place is convenient but not exclusive.

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 15:10
Is the end wall facing the west?
Passed by the narrow strip of land in punggol road today again. Noticed the corner terrace is up for sale. Looks new and should be 3 storeys high.
The place is convenient but not exclusive.

buttercarp
10-03-12, 19:29
Is the end wall facing the west?

Not sure of facing of the end wall.
OMG...... look at the price!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8293911/for-sale-punggol-road

ysyap
11-03-12, 00:23
The place is convenient but not exclusive.Check out seventeenth avenue for less convenience but more exclusivity.. :rolleyes:

kane
11-03-12, 01:12
Check out seventeenth avenue for less convenience but more exclusivity.. :rolleyes:

You need a car wherever you go for that.

blackjack21trader
11-03-12, 07:48

Now here goes:

神龙股侠。

Fellow Lion brothers and sisters here, do remember what I said previously. Look at point number 3.....now,look at the red words for a few seconds, a few mins...and...did the answer suddenly appeared to you as thus :

Answer: Most building can last a max of 50 years ( Pipes will be rusty, wires and cables covering will melt, pests living under your bathtub, etc etc) . Beyond this magic number, it will be cumbersome maintenance and costly wallets. So 25 years is usually the magic year that a building is on the verge of a major A&A.

If a landed building had been built to the maximum plot ratio, it means that once you do a tear down and rebuild it, for every level that you did not build to the previous max, it will be money lost from the price you paid for it at first since it had been built to the maximum plot ratio. ( Since the brand new landed by developers are always charged based on build-up psf, not the landed psf. )

In addition , in 20 years time, unless the plot ratio increase by a good amount, no developer/investor will want to risk buying a property built to the max. plot ratio.

The situation shall be made worse if you paid build-up psf for a ran down resale landed instead of the land psf to the resale owner !

So if as above happens, you will need to do an A&A instead. But you must re-do every single level. So if it is a 4 storey building, every level you have to repipe and recable or rehack the walls.

Just imagine, 25 years you will still be young. I am 40+ now, 25 years later, I will only be 60++ years old- still young hor ! That is the last cumbersome problem I wanna have at hand by then.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

hyenergix
11-03-12, 08:33
Fellow Lion brothers and sisters here, do remember what I said previously. Look at point number 3.....now,look at the red words for a few seconds, a few mins...and...did the answer suddenly appeared to you as thus :

Answer: Most building can last a max of 50 years ( Pipes will be rusty, wires and cables covering will melt, pests living under your bathtub, etc etc) . Beyond this magic number, it will be cumbersome maintenance and costly wallets. So 25 years is usually the magic year that a building is on the verge of a major A&A.

If a landed building had been built to the maximum plot ratio, it means that once you do a tear down and rebuild it, for every level that you did not build to the previous max, it will be money lost from the price you paid for it at first since it had been built to the maximum plot ratio. ( Since the brand new landed by developers are always charged based on build-up psf, not the landed psf. )

In addition , in 20 years time, unless the plot ratio increase by a good amount, no developer/investor will want to risk buying a property built to the max. plot ratio.

The situation shall be made worse if you paid build-up psf for a ran down resale landed instead of the land psf to the resale owner !

So if as above happens, you will need to do an A&A instead. But you must re-do every single level. So if it is a 4 storey building, every level you have to repipe and recable or rehack the walls.

Just imagine, 25 years you will still be young. I am 40+ now, 25 years later, I will only be 60++ years old- still young hor ! That is the last cumbersome problem I wanna have at hand by then.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

V true. A lot of landed will b in need of major A&A. Contractor is a good career for the next 15 years.

ysyap
11-03-12, 08:43
You need a car wherever you go for that.That's why I said less convenience... lol! ;)

buttercarp
11-03-12, 09:02
Thanks BJ21 for the advice.
You are right.....developers tend to charge build in area rather than land area.
Maybe that's why Pavilion Park is comparatively cheaper than Luxus Hills as the build in area in the former is smaller than the latter.

Check out seventeenth avenue for less convenience but more exclusivity.. :rolleyes:

Hehe......next week maybe I go recce that area when I got the time.

DC33_2008
11-03-12, 10:21
That is why investment of old landed properties have to consider all these factors before moving in.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

ysyap
11-03-12, 12:29
That is why investment of old landed properties have to consider all these factors before moving in.A 20 year old interterrace also min require $100k to $150k to do a decent renovation. If A&A it'll probably cost $500k. My uncle's place a semi D A&A cost about $900k. Its v nice but v expensive... :rolleyes:

buttercarp
11-03-12, 12:36
A 20 year old interterrace also min require $100k to $150k to do a decent renovation. If A&A it'll probably cost $500k. My uncle's place a semi D A&A cost about $900k. Its v nice but v expensive... :rolleyes:

Yup.... about that price. A colleague of mine A&A an inter terrace in Bukit Timah, build to the max on a 2000 sq ft land- cost $850K .

ysyap
11-03-12, 12:54
Yup.... about that price. A colleague of mine A&A an inter terrace in Bukit Timah, build to the max on a 2000 sq ft land- cost $850K .Contractor charge based on location... bukit timah charge higher price. If its punggol, maybe $650k... Lol! :banghead:

buttercarp
18-03-12, 17:33
Hi radha08 and all, what do you think of this house?

Terraced House For Sale - 2Sty ModernTerrace Near Siglap
S$ 2,080,002

2100 sqft / 195 sqm (built-in), 1327 sqft / 123 sqm (land)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9092265/for-sale-2sty-modernterrace-near-siglap

Land rather small but advert said that can park 2 cars.
How can that be?

land118
18-03-12, 17:41

S$ 2,080,002

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9092265/for-sale-2sty-modernterrace-near-siglap

How can that be? got a relative that stay in the area. At best park 1 car, and another just outside gate. Frontage is narrow..., festive period, visitors find it hard to park in front of house, as at best another car in front, or park at neighbours' front provided they r friendly...

Maybe 2 mini coopers..., with gate open and 1 car bonnet sticking out:D

radha08
18-03-12, 19:16

S$ 2,080,002

How can that be?

Yup i saw that one i think in opera estate a lot of small plots in that
Area 2 cars i think not possible....was supposed go view a 1800 terrace
In jln kayu today asking 1.7 mil but at the last minute agent called me
Said someone just gave a cheque..sianz i guess if its big and cheap
A lot of people waiting....

yowetan
18-03-12, 19:26
I want to get a landed at 1.5 mil and below, is it possible?

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:26

Yup i saw that one i think in opera estate a lot of small plots in that
Area 2 cars i think not possible....was supposed go view a 1800 terrace
In jln kayu today asking 1.7 mil but at the last minute agent called me
Said someone just gave a cheque..sianz i guess if its big and cheap
A lot of people waiting....

see what I meant now ? stop calling them for viewing for 1 year. that will bring the landed owners back to reality and you can catch the fish in 2013.

yowetan
18-03-12, 19:29
see what I meant now ? stop calling them for viewing for 1 year. that will bring the landed owners back to reality and you can catch the fish in 2013.

Hi, what do you mean?

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:29
Hi, what do you mean?

read from the beginning of this thread, lazy brother. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:34
Hi, what do you mean?

ok la... tell you la. here's my take. landed is moving as long as private condos in OCR are moving. if you continually call them for viewing, they will come to believe landed is hot. Even if there really isn't the same value perception as your own. Come on, 20 years old original terrace in OCR asking for S$2 million ? You think S$2million so easy to earn meh ? read my calculation for you previously.

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:35

Now here goes:

神龙股侠。

I repeat as requested.

yowetan
18-03-12, 19:39
ok la... tell you la. here's my take. landed is moving as long as private condos in OCR are moving. if you continually call them for viewing, they will come to believe landed is hot. Even if there really isn't the same value perception as your own. Come on, 20 years old original terrace in OCR asking for S$2 million ? You think S$2million so easy to earn meh ? read my calculation for you previously.

Thank you handsome.

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:42
Thank you handsome.

dun bluff la...i know u more handsome hor . WOAHAHAHAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:44

Good Luck.

bumpz up for brothers who have missed.

yowetan
18-03-12, 19:46
What if I just buy one for own stay and hedge against future inflation etc?

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:47
If you still insist on landed. Focus on good locations like Frankel , Goodman or Namly area.

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:48
What if I just buy one for own stay and hedge against future inflation etc?

Focus on good locations like Frankel , Goodman or Namly area. Min 2-way lanes outside your house. Not many landed outside got 2-way lane, but there are like millions of 1-way lanes outside most landed out there!

In addition, focus on landed which can park at least 2 cars in each house so they dun have Tom Dickson parking along the whole lane outside.

A congested lane outside the landed = bringing down the values of the area. Dun believe go...er.....er.....I cannot say here hor. But there's many whole landed estate that was built during the 70s boom and they have no parking space inside the property hor. Imagine........do they look exculsive at all.

If want to buy, buy the better ones. otherwise, dun buy hor.

:doh:

yowetan
18-03-12, 19:52
Focus on good locations like Frankel , Goodman or Namly area. Min 2-way lanes outside your house. Not many landed outside got 2-way lane, but there are like millions of 1-way lanes outside most landed out there!

In addition, focus on landed which can park at least 2 cars so they dun have Tom Dickson parking along the whole lane. :doh:

I have only 1.5 mil budget max. Is there any chance?

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 19:56

Now not yet since landed owners asking sky high prices. But I think maybe got chance in 2013 . Still, it will need A&A also. I have a budget of 2mil and can't find anything decent now hor. that is why I ask brothers here to join me in the Cold War- give them landed owners the cold shoulders la.

yowetan
18-03-12, 20:06
Now not yet since landed owners asking sky high prices. But I think maybe got chance in 2013 . Still, it will need A&A also. I have a budget of 2mil and can't find anything decent now hor. that is why I ask brothers here to join me in the Cold War- give them landed owners the cold shoulders la.

I wish your cold war will come to effect, but I doubt most home buyers know this forum.

My budget of 1.5mil is already max, and I am aspired to be a landed owner in my lifetime.

buttercarp
18-03-12, 20:16
I wish your cold war will come to effect, but I doubt most home buyers know this forum.

My budget of 1.5mil is already max, and I am aspired to be a landed owner in my lifetime.

At this point in time, 1.5 mil can only get you a LH99 landed.

yowetan
18-03-12, 21:06
At this point in time, 1.5 mil can only get you a LH99 landed.

I will stay hopeful and see if I can have a 999 or freehold landed...

ysyap
18-03-12, 21:32
At this point in time, 1.5 mil can only get you a LH99 landed.It has been like that the past 2 years already... slowly slowly, $1.5mil can only get you a small 99LH landed... unless something drastic happens to the market and I'm not referring to CM coz CM can only stabalize market, not crash market. Govt still want to be in power in next GE or even the next by election... :spliff:

yowetan
18-03-12, 21:38
It has been like that the past 2 years already... slowly slowly, $1.5mil can only get you a small 99LH landed... unless something drastic happens to the market and I'm not referring to CM coz CM can only stabalize market, not crash market. Govt still want to be in power in next GE or even the next by election... :spliff:

I cannot imagine 1.5 mil cannot get a freehold/999 lease year landed in these few years. It's unimaginable.

hyenergix
18-03-12, 21:39
I cannot imagine 1.5 mil cannot get a freehold/999 lease year landed in these few years. It's unimaginable.

Let me make your dream of a owning landed property come true:
http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/en_US/

ysyap
18-03-12, 21:42
I cannot imagine 1.5 mil cannot get a freehold/999 lease year landed in these few years. It's unimaginable.I had the same budget as you 2 years back when I started looking for a landed... found some though but conditions are so so terrible that although I can get a FH landed for $1.3mil, I need some $300k for major renovation (not A&A). Also found some v small land area FH landed but too cramp for my family. In the end, I bought a FH condo instead. :cheers1:

buttercarp
18-03-12, 21:47
I will stay hopeful and see if I can have a 999 or freehold landed...

Since you asked, I am also curious to know whether can find 999 or FH for under 1.5 mil.

Here are some.......

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8990295/for-sale-thomson-garden-area-walk-to-marymount-mrt

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9058250/for-sale-jalan-tari-zapin

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8400551/for-sale-macpherson-garden-estate

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7861919/for-sale-jalan-pintau

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9092017/for-sale-6-jalan-tari-zapin

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8630985/for-sale-jalan-gembira

yowetan
18-03-12, 21:51
I had the same budget as you 2 years back when I started looking for a landed... found some though but conditions are so so terrible that although I can get a FH landed for $1.3mil, I need some $300k for major renovation (not A&A). Also found some v small land area FH landed but too cramp for my family. In the end, I bought a FH condo instead. :cheers1:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yes, it is a goal and I am not that stubborn. Nonetheless, I shall work towards it.

yowetan
18-03-12, 21:52
Since you asked, I am also curious to know whether can find 999 or FH for under 1.5 mil.

Here are some.......

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8990295/for-sale-thomson-garden-area-walk-to-marymount-mrt

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8400551/for-sale-macpherson-garden-estate

I prefer Pavilion Park.

Do you have a good lobang for me?

hyenergix
18-03-12, 21:54

Here are some.......

A&A or re-build will really wipe off the savings. Might as well get a new FH/999LH condo with that budget for own stay and another smaller condo for rental income.

buttercarp
18-03-12, 21:58
A&A or re-build will really wipe off the savings. Might as well get a new FH/999LH condo with that budget for own stay and another smaller condo for rental income.

Wise words.......

ysyap
18-03-12, 22:11

Here are some.......

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8630985/for-sale-jalan-gembiraAs I've mentioned, most of these are v v small units... :rolleyes:

fclim
18-03-12, 22:38

If u want to buy a landed at this price, you can only get very small original condition FH ones, below 1,300 sq ft land. When u want to sell next time and people come and view ur house, the first thing they will say is 'Wah, so small'. Bcos there are much bigger other landed around.

For the same amount, if u buy 4 bedder condo, people are going to say, 'Wah, so big'. Bcos there are a lot other smaller condos around to compare.

Dun just go for any FH landed. Be the King of the Hill. Otherwise, condos will be better.

radha08
18-03-12, 22:43

yup bro in a strange way that makes sense...but its the waiting that is agony...:scared-4:

last week very free i went to drive and see all the hills...seletar hills sembawang hills teachers estate...jln kayu...hai yo....now like kena hooked to landed....:doh:

radha08
18-03-12, 22:47
I want to get a landed at 1.5 mil and below, is it possible?

bro actually that was my initial budget but after looking around...very hard to get decent FH landed....99 years a LOT...loyang villas/villa verde etc...but honestly FH way to go so now i realised at VERY least 1.7mil and above in TODAYS market but like THE MOST HANDSOME bro believe 1.5 Mil might come next year....:D

radha08
18-03-12, 22:54
If u want to buy a landed at this price, you can only get very small original condition FH ones, below 1,300 sq ft land. When u want to sell next time and people come and view ur house, the first thing they will say is 'Wah, so small'. Bcos there are much bigger other landed around.

For the same amount, if u buy 4 bedder condo, people are going to say, 'Wah, so big'. Bcos there are a lot other smaller condos around to compare.

Dun just go for any FH landed. Be the King of the Hill. Otherwise, condos will be better.

dont think of when u want to sell think of when u living there relatives/friends comes...paiseh....:eek:

radha08
18-03-12, 23:10
most handsome bro your dream house price dropping...:D:D:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9114847/for-sale-266-dunearn-road

radha08
18-03-12, 23:15
most handsome bro your dream house price dropping...:D:D:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9114847/for-sale-266-dunearn-road

but for me at that price...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8934884/for-sale-simei-gardens

gorgeous...:spliff:

ysyap
19-03-12, 06:33
$9xx psf is on the high side for landed... :rolleyes:

blackjack21trader
19-03-12, 09:05
dont think of when u want to sell think of when u living there relatives/friends comes...paiseh....:eek:

exactly....I have the same thoughts as you. paiseh hor...relatives see liao.

roly8
19-03-12, 10:03

how much psf does it float around back then?

devilplate
19-03-12, 10:25
r u sure?

luxus hill somebody say reasonable px .....LOL

proper-t
19-03-12, 10:40
Hmmm...Mkt still seems quite resilient for landed leh...just this weekend already got 2 offers for my landed. So, mebbe radha's comment about the agent not so far fetched.

The dunearn rd one I have seen before..been marketing for a long time but no takers. Along main road, noisy and looks kinda like a place of worship. Didn't have a good feel.

The simei one looks quite nice...To me, if you like it and are buying for own stay, just go for it. As far as FH/999 landed is concerned, supply is always limited.

radha08
19-03-12, 12:25
Hmmm...Mkt still seems quite resilient for landed leh...just this weekend already got 2 offers for my landed. So, mebbe radha's comment about the agent not so far fetched.

The dunearn rd one I have seen before..been marketing for a long time but no takers. Along main road, noisy and looks kinda like a place of worship. Didn't have a good feel.

The simei one looks quite nice...To me, if you like it and are buying for own stay, just go for it. As far as FH/999 landed is concerned, supply is always limited.

the dunearn road one remind me of "kung fu" pandas temple...:D :scared-1: :eek:

roly8
19-03-12, 12:28
the dunearn road one remind me of "kung fu" pandas temple...:D :scared-1: :eek:

haha!

seriously look like a temple and very no home-feel at all. hahah:D

blackjack21trader
20-03-12, 00:26
now let your handsome brother tell you why the landed prices ought to correct. For many many years even after the run up in June 2009, the landed psf is about 10% less than the price of a CCR private condo. However, there is a sudden rise in end 2010 in landed psf to a ridiculous level. Now I need 2 CCR private condoS to exchange for one landed. Now, should you guys keep feeding these greedy fellows?:hell-hath-no-fury:

if you guys are serious in wanting to own a landed as your dream property. you should really give them the cold shoulders. Stop calling the agents for the landed. That shall bring them back to reality and ask a more reasonable price.

For myself, I have absolutely abstain from calling any landed adverts. I do not even want to click the landed search function or adding to favorites in property websites as I suspect they can gather the number of clicks on popular property easily from your clicks. These agents can then feedback to the owners or themselves hor.

proper-t
20-03-12, 11:06
Haha...everyone has their own views and underlying motivations. There is a reason for the run-up which imho, may even continue unabated. The total stock of landed has not increased much over the years and as a percentage of the total stock of ALL properties has been on a decreasing trend and will continue to do so as long as gahment releases huge amounts of condo and ECs into the mkt. With compulsory land acquistion by the gahment for roads and tpt needs, (look at the recent marymount/thomson highway example), the stock may even go down more.

Since you are a trader, let me pose a simple question. Do you pay more for a rare commodity or a common one? Which would you want to acquire knowing that in the future, it would become even more of a rarity?

buttercarp
20-03-12, 11:13
Since you are a trader, let me pose a simple question. Do you pay more for a rare commodity or a common one?

The handsome bro's logic is somewhat similar to shark fins consumption and buying of ivory.

These are things that are hard to come by and people will pay alot to get it, although we can do without it.
However if we stop patronizing their sales then they will be worthless.

proper-t
20-03-12, 11:26
Point noted but your analogy is focussed on items which may be deemed undesirable (anti-shark fins or indiscriminate killing of elephants).

In our context here, we are talking abt a commodity that is desired by all and what I am highlighting is the opportunity to have a piece of land to call your own and the space to to enjoy a higher quallity of life. With SG becoming more cosmopolitan and the huge influx of foreigners competing for accomodation, the trend has been towards smaller and smaller lviing spaces not only in condos and apts but HDB as well. Is it any surprise that landed will eventually become the haven of choice that a SG citizen aspires to?

buttercarp
20-03-12, 11:31
Point noted but your analogy is focussed on items which may be deemed undesirable (anti-shark fins or indiscriminate killing of elephants).

In our context here, we are talking abt a commodity that is deisred by all and what I am highlighting is the opportunity to have a piece of land to call your own and the space to to enjoy a higher quallity of life. With SG becoming more cosmopolitan and the huge influx of foreigners competing for accomodation, the trend has been towards smaller and smaller lviing spaces not only in condos and apts but HDB as well. Is it any surprise that landed will eventually become the haven of choice that a SG citizen aspires to?

Yes, I agree with you.
Yes, I can't wait to own a FH land!

Fisherman
20-03-12, 11:32
Just like diamonds, the rarer it gets the pricier it is! Of course, this comes together with the qualities buyers associate with diamonds, i.e. the 5 Cs. Same for landed properties.......................:D

buttercarp
20-03-12, 11:34
Just like diamonds, the rarer it gets the pricier it is! Of course, this comes together with the qualities buyers associate with diamonds, i.e. the 5 Cs. Same for landed properties.......................:D

Good analogy!
So LH99 landed is zirconia?

proper-t
20-03-12, 11:36
Yes, I agree with you.
Yes, I can't wait to own a FH land!

Go for it. Hope you achieve your dream house. As SG citizens, we are somewhat fortunate that this segment of the mkt is still protected (although I don't know how long more it will be). If it was open to foreigners, I can tell you that the prices we are seeing now will be WAY different.

proper-t
20-03-12, 11:37
Good analogy!
So LH99 landed is zirconia?

Yeah..my advice, stay away from LH99 and cluster...but that is just my personal opinion.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 12:42
Radha08......
This might interest you?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9253510/for-sale-huge-inter-terrace-sembawang-hills-estate

radha08
01-04-12, 12:53
Radha08......
This might interest you?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9253510/for-sale-huge-inter-terrace-sembawang-hills-estate

tks will cx it out..:)

yowetan
01-04-12, 12:54
Why isn't anyone introducing or recommending me any landed property? I feel envious of threadstarter.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 13:15
Why isn't anyone introducing or recommending me any landed property? I feel envious of threadstarter.
Ok, Ok.... sorry left you out:o .

Cos radha08 specifically looking out for landed under 2 mil so i addressed it to him.

yowetan
01-04-12, 13:20
Ok, Ok.... sorry left you out:o .

Cos radha08 specifically looking out for landed under 2 mil so i addressed it to him.

Thanks for remembering me. However, I have a limited budget as my household income is around 7k++SGD, and an outstanding housing loan debt of 400k.

Xan
01-04-12, 14:01
Thanks for remembering me. However, I have a limited budget as my household income is around 7k++SGD, and an outstanding housing loan debt of 400k.

When you say 7k+ household income, did u include all your bonuses for the whole year? I notice there's some jobs whereby monthly income is low but a substantial amt comes from bonuses.

yowetan
01-04-12, 14:04
When you say 7k+ household income, did u include all your bonuses for the whole year? I notice there's some jobs whereby monthly income is low but a substantial amt comes from bonuses.

My bonus at best is 2 months and 1 month AWS.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 14:23

Actually when i was in that stage (minus the 400k debt. mine was 100k debt at that time), i lived in a hdb flat equivalent to a BTO, had 1 proton car and yamaha motor bike, did not go on holidays, ate at home and just concentrated on my young kids. Never thought of property at all.

However it is good to plan ahead and think far.

radha08
01-04-12, 15:07
Actually when i was in that stage (minus the 400k debt. mine was 100k debt at that time), i lived in a hdb flat equivalent to a BTO, had 1 proton car and yamaha motor bike, did not go on holidays, ate at home and just concentrated on my young kids. Never thought of property at all.

ha ha sounds like me many moons ago i had a yamaha bike and proton wira...:D

radha08
01-04-12, 15:10

i think u and me same dunno what we want....by the way as of yesterday evening i had my heart set on a ground unit at fv...blk 478 unit 01-61....size 1238sq ft...about 1.45mil....today called agent to enquire unit SOLD...:(

buttercarp
01-04-12, 15:20
i think u and me same dunno what we want....by the way as of yesterday evening i had my heart set on a ground unit at fv...blk 478 unit 01-61....size 1238sq ft...about 1.45mil....today called agent to enquire unit SOLD...:(

What is fv?
Flamingo valley?

radha08
01-04-12, 15:38
What is fv?
Flamingo valley?

yup thats it about 5 mins away from where i renting now...was thinking like landed in this are is TOTALLY out of the question so i popped in a few days ago to look see at fv...there was a ground unit at one of the blocks for sale...nice big patio privacy cos facing landed prop NOT cemetary..pricing also reasonable below 1.5mil plus my kids also like the usual condo facilities..pool etc etc...missus also quite happy cos it will be a SPANKING brand new apt...so was seriously considering that but agent told me THAT particular unit gone and for ground unit only left facing cemeatary..:scared-1:..facing tennis court and one more also facing landed but price about 1.55mil COS got slightly bigger patio....:doh:...like i said in a previous thread selling is easy but BUYING:doh::doh::doh:headache

kane
01-04-12, 15:44

It's a 2 bedder?

radha08
01-04-12, 15:46
It's a 2 bedder?

3 bedder ground unit with patio...

kane
01-04-12, 15:51
3 bedder plus pes 1200 a bit small no?

buttercarp
01-04-12, 15:53
3 bedder ground unit with patio...
TOP in 2015.
If you buy now then you will have to wait so long.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 15:54
Master bedroom looks rather small.

http://www.flamingovalley.sg/virtual-walkthrough.html

radha08
01-04-12, 15:59
Master bedroom looks rather small.

http://www.flamingovalley.sg/virtual-walkthrough.html

thats where your wrong i was also VERY suprised right now they have an ACTUAL unit...that is the showflat cos the block facing cemetary almost ready if you are in the area and free drop by look c...its actually VERY DECENT sized maybe design/layout i dunno....yup the virtual tour makes it look otherwise...;)

radha08
01-04-12, 16:00
TOP in 2015.
If you buy now then you will have to wait so long.

spend a bit on reno for my HDB and move back in for two years till fv TOP...meantime same some bullets/amo/firepower...:)

radha08
01-04-12, 16:01
thats where your wrong i was also VERY suprised right now they have an ACTUAL unit...that is the showflat cos the block facing cemetary almost ready if you are in the area and free drop by look c...its actually VERY DECENT sized maybe design/layout i dunno....yup the virtual tour makes it look otherwise...;)

radha08
01-04-12, 16:02
i see a steady stream of people moving in/out of fv...and they seem to be selling well again with the NEW actual unit thats a showflat :cool:

ysyap
01-04-12, 16:16
With that unit sold, I guess its back to square one again! :rolleyes:

Lovelle
01-04-12, 16:54

what is fv ?1.45 many options.

Lovelle
01-04-12, 16:55

why dun u look at Upp Bkt Timah, UOL project The tennary or something like that...1.6mil with 2000+ sqft

Ricade
01-04-12, 17:07
Good idea on tennery.. Or u can go for PH at punggol projects I think ard 1.5/1.6mio can get.. Or check out NV area coz relatIvely near MRT, top end 2012 (suppOsedly as per NV thread), but not sure what is NV pricing now.

Otherwise d19 4BR seems good, ard 1.1-1.3 can get decent sized efficient layout unit.

kane
01-04-12, 17:24
Yeah, your budget have plenty of options.

radha08
01-04-12, 18:36
With that unit sold, I guess its back to square one again! :rolleyes:

not the first time and wont be last time....:rolleyes:

radha08
01-04-12, 18:38
Yeah, your budget have plenty of options.

yup thats why its so difficult...:beats-me-man:

radha08
01-04-12, 18:39
Good idea on tennery.. Or u can go for PH at punggol projects I think ard 1.5/1.6mio can get.. Or check out NV area coz relatIvely near MRT, top end 2012 (suppOsedly as per NV thread), but not sure what is NV pricing now.

Otherwise d19 4BR seems good, ard 1.1-1.3 can get decent sized efficient layout unit.
actually when i first registered i wanted to have my nick as eastlover...:D:D:D

kane
01-04-12, 19:20
yup thats why its so difficult...:beats-me-man:

With your budget i rather go for size, even if it's leasehold. For landed, maybe fh and lh has some differences. But for condo, the difference is less pronounced.

Lovelle
01-04-12, 20:24

traffic jam is everywhere in the east. Though , west is less atas the jam is less terrible

TKT
01-04-12, 21:10
traffic jam is everywhere in the east. Though , west is less atas the jam is less terrible

I have to agree.
We moved from east to north-west.
Traffic jam definitely much lesser... but vehicles are also much bigger though! :banghead: have to give way!

But so far, no regrets... except maybe for some nice food found in the east.
Very happily settled. :sleep:

:47:

yowetan
01-04-12, 21:11
I want a FH or Landed, as I always believe things with leashold has an expiry date.

In Singapore, it is to my own benefit (my belief) that a landed property would be a better bet to safeguard my basic interest as a home stayer. If landed property is out of touch, it will be a FH condo then.

This is primarily reason I prioritize my ideal home purchase in following order:

1. Landed FH
2. Condo FH 2 room or above @ D10, D15, D21
3. Condo FH/999 3 room or above @ D23 or other area but not Jurong West or Bukit Panjang.
4. Condo Leasehold 103/99 with BIG SPACE 4 room or above
5. EC/HDB 5 room

ysyap
01-04-12, 21:27
I want a FH or Landed, as I always believe things with leashold has an expiry date.

In Singapore, it is to my own benefit (my belief) that a landed property would be a better bet to safeguard my basic interest as a home stayer. If landed property is out of touch, it will be a FH condo then.

This is primarily reason I prioritize my ideal home purchase in following order:

1. Landed FH
2. Condo FH 2 room or above @ D10, D15, D21
3. Condo FH/999 3 room or above @ D23 or other area but not Jurong West or Bukit Panjang.
4. Condo Leasehold 103/99 with BIG SPACE 4 room or above
5. EC/HDB 5 roomWhy are u not even considering EA? Its probably the cheapest big unit u can get? $700k for a 1500 sqft to 1800 sqft...:rolleyes:

yowetan
01-04-12, 21:31
Why are u not even considering EA? Its probably the cheapest big unit u can get? $700k for a 1500 sqft to 1800 sqft...:rolleyes:

I do thought of that, however if I am unable to afford an EC I will not push for a EA unless EA is cheaper than a 5 room HDB flat then. There has to be a level and expectation I need to go for.

I cannot simply blindly pursue a EA/EM or today's DBSS.

ysyap
01-04-12, 21:39
I do thought of that, however if I am unable to afford an EC I will not push for a EA unless EA is cheaper than a 5 room HDB flat then. There has to be a level and expectation I need to go for.

I cannot simply blindly pursue a EA/EM or today's DBSS.Well, don't quite follow but ok... Btw, an EA is generally cheaper than a 3 bedder EC. Aust V. 3 bedder cost some $7xxk but a nearby EA is probably about $6xxk. :cheers5:Also, an EA/EM has nothing to do with the DBSScheme. :cheers1:

yowetan
01-04-12, 21:42
Well, don't quite follow but ok... Btw, an EA is generally cheaper than a 3 bedder EC. Aust V. 3 bedder cost some $7xxk but a nearby EA is probably about $6xxk. :cheers5:Also, an EA/EM has nothing to do with the DBSScheme. :cheers1:

As what you have had said, you don't understand my rationale.

I can only say personal preference. I do not want a EA that is a higher grade than HDB 5 room yet they do not add any value-add (my perspective).

EC is totally different animal compared to HDB. EC will be PC in 10 years time. HDB EA/EM will always be HDB flats, just like DBSS. In short, over-rated.

stiook
01-04-12, 21:53

When i was at that stage, I dont even own a car.... but only got it after the kid came along. But we do have holidays and dine out... enjoy life a bit.

ysyap
01-04-12, 22:34
As what you have had said, you don't understand my rationale.

I can only say personal preference. I do not want a EA that is a higher grade than HDB 5 room yet they do not add any value-add (my perspective).

EC is totally different animal compared to HDB. EC will be PC in 10 years time. HDB EA/EM will always be HDB flats, just like DBSS. In short, over-rated.oic! Thx for clarifying! :cheers6: I personally enjoy EA/EM. If PC becomes too expensive, I'll just move back to my EA and not be too fearful that its too cramp! :cheers5: Its my little backdoor! ;)

yowetan
01-04-12, 22:39
oic! Thx for clarifying! :cheers6: I personally enjoy EA/EM. If PC becomes too expensive, I'll just move back to my EA and not be too fearful that its too cramp! :cheers5: Its my little backdoor! ;)

A 4/5 room HDB will be a perfect backdoor for me, so my family and myself can enjoy the rebates and perks from the government.

EA/EM/DBSS and EC should be enjoying zero rebates and perks then.

This is how sincere our government trying to help Singaporean realizing their home ownership in this nation.

ysyap
01-04-12, 22:44
A 4/5 room HDB will be a perfect backdoor for me, so my family and myself can enjoy the rebates and perks from the government.

EA/EM/DBSS and EC should be enjoying zero rebates and perks then.

This is how sincere our government trying to help Singaporean realizing their home ownership in this nation.Ever since govt is giving out ang paos according to house type, when I was staying in my EA, there is always something lah... definitely less than a 2 or 3 room flat but certainly not zero... :cheers6: Anyway its not very much. In fact, you really can't expect to live off such ang paos from our govt lah... its really nothing. Its probably all given back to all the GST payment you make in 1 month! :)

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:54
why dun u look at Upp Bkt Timah, UOL project The tennary or something like that...1.6mil with 2000+ sqft
Terrene la...

Tennary belongs to feo :p

devilplate
01-04-12, 22:57
the worse is for those who nid to use cte .....totally cmi

blackjack21trader
02-04-12, 07:10

Sister buttercarp ! you know how many years my family and I have not gone for a holiday ? ......8 years ! Not by choice but by financial commitment.

I own several private properties, and is a company director. BUT..my financial commitment does not even allow for one decent holiday except maybe go for an excursion in Sentosa.

However, the money I have saved over the years will be able to give me at least 10 years of holiday after my retirement.

So, you are not alone on this :) And you did the correct thing in managing your finances.

神龙股侠。

kane
02-04-12, 08:30
I think it's healthy to at least take some holiday from time to time. Life is unpredictable and one doesn't want to save and save only to find that one has lost the time to take the holiday due to a sudden call up by the maker.

buttercarp
02-04-12, 08:57
I think it's healthy to at least take some holiday from time to time. Life is unpredictable and one doesn't want to save and save only to find that one has lost the time to take the holiday due to a sudden call up by the maker.

It is true that we should take an occasional break.
However a break can be just lazing around the house or visiting this forum or just staring into empty space and emptying your mind.......

Especially when the kids are young, they won't remember the holidays.
Just bringing them to the playground, seaside or ball pool will satisfy their needs.

My next destination is Club Med Sahoro..... but with my new place coming up, I am quite hesitant about it.:(

chiaberry
02-04-12, 09:03
Forum-mers don't be so caught up in the rat race that you don't take some time off for yourself and your family. As the others have wisely said, you don't know when you will be called up above (or below whichever you believe in). Working in healthcare, I can vouch that many many people these days are getting cancer at a not-so-mature age and if you delay spending time with your family until you are older, you may not be in fit state of health to enjoy it.

Sis buttercarp, if you wish to go to Club Med Sahoro, better to do it earlier rather than later. It is easier to learn to ski when younger and you will be fitter too and less prone to accidents/falls. Don't go in early December, snow is unpredictable.

kane
02-04-12, 09:05
It is true that we should take an occasional break.
However a break can be just lazing around the house or visiting this forum or just staring into empty space and emptying your mind.......

Especially when the kids are young, they won't remember the holidays.
Just bringing them to the playground, seaside or ball pool will satisfy their needs.

My next destination is Club Med Sahoro..... but with my new place coming up, I am quite hesitant about it.:(

Knock on wood first but assuming 6months left, is there any place or thing that you would like to do. Try viewing it from that perspective. Money isn't everything.

buttercarp
02-04-12, 09:08
Sis buttercarp, if you wish to go to Club Med Sahoro, better to do it earlier rather than later. It is easier to learn to ski when younger and you will be fitter too and less prone to accidents/falls. Don't go in early December, snow is unpredictable.

Going in December is best for skiing:) .
But for self drive, I agree it is better to avoid that month.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 09:17
Going in December is best for skiing:) .
But for self drive, I agree it is better to avoid that month.

No in early December the snow may not be enough and they only open up a few ski lifts at the beginning of the season. Going in late December is "safer" (but more expensive). If there is closure of ski lifts, you may have to carry your skis to find a slope. Which is no joke if you are trudging in snow in heavy ski boots. Going later in the season is even better.

If going for self-drive it's probably better to avoid the snow months as it is not easy (or safe) to drive in snow and ice if you have no experience of it. Autumn or spring is good for self-drive.

kane
02-04-12, 09:17
Forum-mers don't be so caught up in the rat race that you don't take some time off for yourself and your family. As the others have wisely said, you don't know when you will be called up above (or below whichever you believe in). Working in healthcare, I can vouch that many many people these days are getting cancer at a not-so-mature age and if you delay spending time with your family until you are older, you may not be in fit state of health to enjoy it.

Agree. Do things when you're more mobile. When I see my kids enjoy themselves when on holiday. I feel my money is well spent.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 09:27
Knock on wood first but assuming 6months left, is there any place or thing that you would like to do. Try viewing it from that perspective. Money isn't everything.

From what I see (being in healthcare) if a person has 6 months left, he/she often spends it going in and out of hospital for treatment in the hope that it will buy more time. But the treatment more often than not, makes them feel so ill that they will not be in any fit state to enjoy life and in any case, their immunity is so lowered that it is not safe for them to travel to see any place or thing in case they suffer infections or other complications from their illness or its treatment.

buttercarp
02-04-12, 09:32
From what I see (being in healthcare) if a person has 6 months left, he/she often spends it going in and out of hospital for treatment in the hope that it will buy more time. But the treatment more often than not, makes them feel so ill that they will not be in any fit state to enjoy life and in any case, their immunity is so lowered that it is not safe for them to travel to see any place or thing in case they suffer infections or other complications from their illness or its treatment.

Sis chiaberry, you said you are not a nurse but you are in the healthcare sector and you are doing admin.
Let me guess.....you are a hospital administrator with a medical degree?

chiaberry
02-04-12, 09:34
Sis chiaberry, you said you are not a nurse but you are in the healthcare sector and you are doing admin.
Let me guess.....you are a hospital administrator with a medical degree?

Nope sis chiaberry very much hates doing admin. No way. LOL. Being in admin many meetings zzzzz :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

radha08
02-04-12, 12:03
Nope sis chiaberry very much hates doing admin. No way. LOL. Being in admin many meetings zzzzz :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

your a pyschologist who can read our minds...:scared-3:

kane
02-04-12, 12:07

Yes that's probably the likely scenario. So as a person goes through that phase, is there something on their mind they would like to do if they were fit enough.

ysyap
02-04-12, 12:09
Forum-mers don't be so caught up in the rat race that you don't take some time off for yourself and your family.Totally agreed! :cheers1:

ysyap
02-04-12, 12:11
Let me guess.....you are a hospital administrator with a medical degree?She is either a pharmacist or a medical surgeon! :sleep:

chiaberry
02-04-12, 12:19
your a pyschologist who can read our minds...:scared-3:

Yes I did consider a career in Psychiatry but sadly there is no lasting cure for most of the serious mental illnesses, some medications can help to control but they have side effects. Usually mental cases have very sad history, it will wear you down emotionally in the long run. Coz you really want to help and you try your best to help but in the end....the problem keep on coming back again and again. I cannot bear to go through the angst over and over again with the patients and their families. But I find it a really interesting speciality.

Actually I am not sure if one or two forum members have need of Psychiatrist or not from what I have been reading......but I am not one.:rolleyes:

buttercarp
02-04-12, 12:45
She is either a pharmacist or a medical surgeon! :sleep:

If so, then where she got time to come to tcss?
Hers is probably a desk bound bound perhaps a GP or a dietician?
Sis..... don't keep us guessing lah.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 13:08
Very obviously a desk bound job. If I were a GP it would mean I going out of business soon as I am not spending enough time seeing patients to pay my rent. :rolleyes:

buttercarp
02-04-12, 13:46
Very obviously a desk bound job. If I were a GP it would mean I going out of business soon as I am not spending enough time seeing patients to pay my rent. :rolleyes:

Ok.... you are a lab technician or a pathologist who reads slides or maybe a radiologist.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 13:54
Include in the list Palliative Medicine, Radiotherapist, Haematologist, Microbiologist, Virologist, Chemical Pathologist, Anaesthetist (got time to type in between the patients or when patient is aslp :sleep:, TCM Specialist, Geomancer/Fengshui Master/Mistress........

buttercarp
02-04-12, 14:10
Include in the list Palliative Medicine, Radiotherapist, Haematologist, Microbiologist, Virologist, Chemical Pathologist, Anaesthetist (got time to type in between the patients or when patient is aslp :sleep:, TCM Specialist, Geomancer/Fengshui Master/Mistress........

Ok lah.... i give up.
Btw i kaypoh and viewed your profile and under the gender - you put "male".

East Lover
02-04-12, 15:20
Oh?! Sorry me faster hand faster leg registered Liao :ashamed1:

ysyap
02-04-12, 18:33
Ok lah.... i give up.
Btw i kaypoh and viewed your profile and under the gender - you put "male".Now that is interesting... chiaberry a guy disguised as a gal! Hmmm.... :rolleyes: Her job sure is very interesting! :)

chiaberry
02-04-12, 20:58
Now that is interesting... chiaberry a guy disguised as a gal! Hmmm.... :rolleyes: Her job sure is very interesting! :)

Eh sorry I m not a pervert. I had trouble registering with the forum and had to register 2x. In my haste, I overlooked that I had put in the detail as male instead of female. :o

chiaberry
02-04-12, 20:59
double post

yowetan
02-04-12, 21:01
Hi chiaberry, I wish I have had the same opportunity as you to earn well in healthcare sector. Somehow, I do not have that luck.

ysyap
02-04-12, 22:00
Eh sorry I m not a pervert. I had trouble registering with the forum and had to register 2x. In my haste, I overlooked that I had put in the detail as male instead of female. :oLol... anyway, my sis-in-law is also in the healthcare but she's been moving from companies to companies, even worked in HK for 2 years... this industry is very unpredictable and very dependent on the seasons. Imagine during the SARS season and more recently the H1N1 season, the healthcare industry can really become a nightmare to work in at times! :scared-3:

chiaberry
02-04-12, 23:29
Lol... anyway, my sis-in-law is also in the healthcare but she's been moving from companies to companies, even worked in HK for 2 years... this industry is very unpredictable and very dependent on the seasons. Imagine during the SARS season and more recently the H1N1 season, the healthcare industry can really become a nightmare to work in at times! :scared-3:

Yes that's true. You need to have an affinity for it or it will be a nightmare.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 23:31
Hi chiaberry, I wish I have had the same opportunity as you to earn well in healthcare sector. Somehow, I do not have that luck.

It's also a lot of hard work and quite long hours (although I see that ppl in other professions are also having to work later and later these days).

buttercarp
03-04-12, 00:19
It's also a lot of hard work and quite long hours (although I see that ppl in other professions are also having to work later and later these days).

I can't stand hard work n long hours.
I must have quality time for myself everyday.
Maybe that's why I don't find the need to take long holidays abroad.

radha08
03-04-12, 10:29
I can't stand hard work n long hours.
I must have quality time for myself everyday.
Maybe that's why I don't find the need to take long holidays abroad.

yup thats how i feel too...i am SEMI retired...:D...cos i only work 15days a month...been doing this past 10 years as an engineer in a mfg company...12hr shift so 4 days work follow by 4days OFF...:spliff:...my neighbour think i big timer play share everytime c me at home in garden on my laptop....ha ha little do they know i just a simple JOE everday tCSS in condo forum..:D:D:D

ysyap
03-04-12, 10:46
yup thats how i feel too...i am SEMI retired...:D...cos i only work 15days a month...been doing this past 10 years as an engineer in a mfg company...12hr shift so 4 days work follow by 4days OFF...:spliff:...my neighbour think i big timer play share everytime c me at home in garden on my laptop....ha ha little do they know i just a simple JOE everday tCSS in condo forum..:D:D:DWhen they think you are playing shares and always checking the latest in the market on your laptop, you were actually tcss-ing away... Good one! :cheers5:

eng81157
03-04-12, 10:58
yup thats how i feel too...i am SEMI retired...:D...cos i only work 15days a month...been doing this past 10 years as an engineer in a mfg company...12hr shift so 4 days work follow by 4days OFF...:spliff:...my neighbour think i big timer play share everytime c me at home in garden on my laptop....ha ha little do they know i just a simple JOE everday tCSS in condo forum..:D:D:D

that doesn't sound like semi-retirement. 48hrs per week leh.....

ysyap
03-04-12, 11:12
that doesn't sound like semi-retirement. 48hrs per week leh.....He count by days; you count by hours but each returns a different conclusion on work load! :o Maybe he considers the mentality of working. He may be working full time but his mentality is totally relaxed and enjoying it! Lol!

eng81157
03-04-12, 11:15

doesn't sound like semi-retirement with 48hrs per week

eng81157
03-04-12, 11:16
He count by days; you count by hours but each returns a different conclusion on work load! :o Maybe he considers the mentality of working. He may be working full time but his mentality is totally relaxed and enjoying it! Lol!

wah.......thought engineers got to be at the beck & call to fire-fight always. but hey, i wouldn't know best since i'm not an engineer

radha08
03-04-12, 20:11
He count by days; you count by hours but each returns a different conclusion on work load! :o Maybe he considers the mentality of working. He may be working full time but his mentality is totally relaxed and enjoying it! Lol!

yup thats how i feel of course the days i work its tiring but...when i am on my 4 days off thats semi retirement...;)

radha08
03-04-12, 20:12
wah.......thought engineers got to be at the beck & call to fire-fight always. but hey, i wouldn't know best since i'm not an engineer

i am on days i am working...days i am off other clowns will be fighting the fire...:D

samuelk
03-04-12, 20:31
Lol... anyway, my sis-in-law is also in the healthcare but she's been moving from companies to companies, even worked in HK for 2 years... this industry is very unpredictable and very dependent on the seasons. Imagine during the SARS season and more recently the H1N1 season, the healthcare industry can really become a nightmare to work in at times! :scared-3:
during those period, even if u work in the Finance dept, u get a SAR bonus, and what not bonus.

Those were pretty good years if you work there. Unless u were one of the support staff as nurse, then it would be very worrying.

And I know of people who were making ends meet and when SAR happen, they were selling detergent like it was the end of the world and became millionaire.