PDA

View Full Version : Satellite ERP coming soon

hyenergix
02-03-12, 13:12
Get ready to pay more if you stay far from city center... :scared-4:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1066660/1/.html

irisng
02-03-12, 19:20
Did anybody ever get caught with 3 gantries, total need to pay $4.80 in a single trip in just 1 morning.:simmering: Set off from home at 7.05am and still caught in the ERP due to traffic jam at the highway. BKE $0.80 (7.30am), PIE $2 (7.35am) and another one near Chinatown $2 (8am). If without traffic jam, I need not pay a single cent and can reach the office by 7.45am.

amk
02-03-12, 20:14
One more reason to stay in CCR, no need to use highway at all... Sorry can't resist :D

hyenergix
02-03-12, 20:22
Did anybody ever get caught with 3 gantries, total need to pay $4.80 in a single trip in just 1 morning.:simmering: Set off from home at 7.05am and still caught in the ERP due to traffic jam at the highway. BKE $0.80 (7.30am), PIE $2 (7.35am) and another one near Chinatown $2 (8am). If without traffic jam, I need not pay a single cent and can reach the office by 7.45am.

I wish ERP were a bit higher n less traffic jams. Time is too precious to waste during peak hours.

stiook
02-03-12, 22:31

I pay $7.50 everyday via CTE to city.... and still kena jam. :doh:

buttercarp
02-03-12, 22:37

Wah ..... and you still drive everyday?
Your heart never bleed spending that kind of money.
I always set out very early so no need to pay ERP, at most occasionally kenna 50 cents only.:)

smallant
02-03-12, 23:21
next time human traffic congestion.. tag to human... also charge .. how ? :doh: :D

devilplate
02-03-12, 23:53
Which means erp not high enuff....lets make it 50 buck at least :D

devilplate
02-03-12, 23:54
Get ready to pay more if you stay far from city center... :scared-4:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1066660/1/.html
I believe this system will be distance based cum diff rates for diff locations......ccr rates prolly average 1buck per 2km? Ocr prolly 10cts per 5km? Hehehe

Btw y suddenly bring up a 2010 article?

hyenergix
03-03-12, 06:47
I believe this system will be distance based cum diff rates for diff locations......ccr rates prolly average 1buck per 2km? Ocr prolly 10cts per 5km? Hehehe

Btw y suddenly bring up a 2010 article?

Mistake. A bit K.O. yesterday. Too much office work. No time to TCSS here. Will be taking a short break next week.

Just to point out that buying a house too far from city center is going to be very expensive in terms of cost, time and hassle next time.

Drove past Jurong East area a few days ago and there were a lot constructions. The government is really pumping in money there. That area will have localised QE effect.

roly8
03-03-12, 08:17
Drove past Jurong East area a few days ago and there were a lot constructions. The government is really pumping in money there. That area will have localised QE effect.

care to explain more?

felicia_sg
03-03-12, 08:56
ERP will never work here! Why?
Reason very simple: if I pay so much for a car (say $100k now for a Toyota Altis) + still need to pay parking, road tax, expensive car insurance every year, after sinking all these costs, you think I or anybody else will leave the car at home to rot & not use it? :doh:

I wish ERP were a bit higher n less traffic jams. Time is too precious to waste during peak hours.

DC33_2008
03-03-12, 09:16
Stay at city finge and leave house at 720am and get to office in town at 7.35am w/o paying ERP and enjoy breakfast. Better to stay near city if working in CBD.

stiook
03-03-12, 10:20
Wah ..... and you still drive everyday?
Your heart never bleed spending that kind of money.
I always set out very early so no need to pay ERP, at most occasionally kenna 50 cents only.:)

Need to detour and drop kids off to school. By the time reach gantry... It is the most expensive one. Have tried to leave home early but always difficult to deal with 2 grouchy kids in the morning.

stiook
03-03-12, 10:24
Which means erp not high enuff....lets make it 50 buck at least :D

Sounds good... I will leave my car at home then and will not complain about the ERP... Will be on another thread complaining about 800 buses and still no seats...:o

Hey... What to do, I am Singaporean.

buttercarp
03-03-12, 10:56
Need to detour and drop kids off to school. By the time reach gantry... It is the most expensive one. Have tried to leave home early but always difficult to deal with 2 grouchy kids in the morning.
My kids also grouchy. Need to drag them out of bed every morning. Told them I will deduct their pocket money if I have to pay for ERP. So far it works.:D

hyenergix
03-03-12, 14:50
care to explain more?

Quite a lot of infrastructure improvement works in that area, as well as development of land near to AYE stretch. This indicates the land near the MRT is being used up. Not so good news for those aiming for new launch at Jurong East because they are going to be very expensive. But there should still be upside because the lakeside area will develop more gradually.

howgozit
03-03-12, 15:50
Sure you will use it, but there is still a choice of time and route to avoid ERP.

ERP will never work here! Why?
Reason very simple: if I pay so much for a car (say $100k now for a Toyota Altis) + still need to pay parking, road tax, expensive car insurance every year, after sinking all these costs, you think I or anybody else will leave the car at home to rot & not use it? :doh:

irisng
05-03-12, 14:23

Wow, $7.50 per day, if presume you work 5 days a week, you will have to pay about $1,800 per year (5 days x 4 weeks x 12 months).

irisng
05-03-12, 14:42

Aiya, ERP doesn't really solve the problem also. With or without ERP, there still have accidents, thus causing traffic jam (part of the reason). Sometimes, it is not the accidents itself that caused the jam, it was those drivers who were curious/kaypo, wanted to look see look see what happened, thus slowed down their speeds, causing all the jam.

Previously, before ERP was introduced, I found that traffic was not so heavy at BKE/PIE during the time when we went to work, at about 7.15am and can reached the office by 7.45am, but now with ERP, traffic becomes heavier and heavier, need to leave the house earlier at 7.05am and still reached the office at 7.45am (if no heavy jam). The only time when there are not much traffic is during school holiday when sometimes, we can reach office at 7.35am, hurray!

howgozit
05-03-12, 18:04
Cannot compare situation before an after ERP bcoz the vehicular population was different. Don't forget there is a 3-9% vehicular growth every year from before ERP was introduced till now.

One of the supposed reason for introducing ERP was to better control traffic flow justifying a COE quota increase.

Singapore is too small, there are only so many roads that we can build to increase capacity. I think we are reaching a choke point where car population must stop growing or we'll face a gridlock every rush hour. However doing that will cause the COE to skyrocket.

Aiya, ERP doesn't really solve the problem also. With or without ERP, there still have accidents, thus causing traffic jam (part of the reason). Sometimes, it is not the accidents itself that caused the jam, it was those drivers who were curious/kaypo, wanted to look see look see what happened, thus slowed down their speeds, causing all the jam.

Previously, before ERP was introduced, I found that traffic was not so heavy at BKE/PIE during the time when we went to work, at about 7.15am and can reached the office by 7.45am, but now with ERP, traffic becomes heavier and heavier, need to leave the house earlier at 7.05am and still reached the office at 7.45am (if no heavy jam). The only time when there are not much traffic is during school holiday when sometimes, we can reach office at 7.35am, hurray!

ysyap
05-03-12, 19:49
Wow, $7.50 per day, if presume you work 5 days a week, you will have to pay about $1,800 per year (5 days x 4 weeks x 12 months).I use KPE and still keeping my fingers crossed that ERP will not hit this innocent expressway yet... :D I once tried CTE and kana 4 gantries to my work place... no joke... I flipped!

irisng
05-03-12, 20:27
Cannot compare situation before an after ERP bcoz the vehicular population was different. Don't forget there is a 3-9% vehicular growth every year from before ERP was introduced till now.

One of the supposed reason for introducing ERP was to better control traffic flow justifying a COE quota increase.

Singapore is too small, there are only so many roads that we can build to increase capacity. I think we are reaching a choke point where car population must stop growing or we'll face a gridlock every rush hour. However doing that will cause the COE to skyrocket.

Actually, I am not comparing the "before ERP" and now. I felt the difference immediately after the ERP was implemented. It seemed that everybody was rushing to come out earlier to avoid the ERP charges. For PIE, charges is $1.00 (from 7.30am to 7.35am) and $2.00 (from 7.35am to 8.55am), 5 mins different and the amount is doubled.:doh: I have a question here, for the time 7.35am, should the ERP be $1 or $2:confused:

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 15:18
How to have life? Besides those who have to wake up to fetch kids to school. Know of someone who owns a red plate has to reach office before 7am and can only leave office after 7pm. No life?
Actually, I am not comparing the "before ERP" and now. I felt the difference immediately after the ERP was implemented. It seemed that everybody was rushing to come out earlier to avoid the ERP charges. For PIE, charges is $1.00 (from 7.30am to 7.35am) and $2.00 (from 7.35am to 8.55am), 5 mins different and the amount is doubled.:doh: I have a question here, for the time 7.35am, should the ERP be $1 or $2:confused:

irisng
11-03-12, 17:06
How to have life? Besides those who have to wake up to fetch kids to school. Know of someone who owns a red plate has to reach office before 7am and can only leave office after 7pm. No life?

Ya lor, how to have max productivity also, not enough sleep, want to have proper breakfast with family also difficult, very rush. My daughter starts work at 8.30am, she needs to wake up at 6.15am to doll herself, by 7.10am (latest), we have to set off and she reaches her office at 7.35am. Normally she will take her breakfast inside the car and bring a pack of Milo to her office to drink. And for me, it is even earlier, my office starts at 9am, by the time I reached office, it is only 7.45am (if no jam).