PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Poo

buttercarp
28-02-12, 11:57
My opposite neighbour's aircon ledge which faces by kitchen, has lots of pigeons poo as the pigeon recently raised their offspring there.
I have informed my neighbour of the hazards of pigeon poo but she appears to be nonchalant.
I have emailed the management but other then pasting circulars on the notice board, nothing has been done.
The pigeons also perch on the unreachable areas.
I have also emailed NEA but they said it is not their problem. They will only cull crows which may pose a danger to the public.

May i know how unhealthy is pigeon poo?
What are other avenues do I have to bring this case up?

TIA.

mcmlxxvi
28-02-12, 12:04
This is indeed unsightly and poses some risk of disease, although not major. www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/epi/epi-pigeon.shtml Either you offer to clean it up or...

hopeful
28-02-12, 12:05
feed them poisoned corn.

mcmlxxvi
28-02-12, 13:05
feed them poisoned corn.
Muahaha!!!! Then got poison poo how??

maisonjai
28-02-12, 15:42
feed them poisoned corn.
That's a good one but hor if all found dead on ur ledge & one of ur neighbour happens to be a bird lover.:axekiller:

hopeful
28-02-12, 18:33
That's a good one but hor if all found dead on ur ledge & one of ur neighbour happens to be a bird lover.:axekiller:

pigeons wont die instantly. very high chance of flying elsewhere to die.
in case they died anywhere near your ledge, take action first before any bird lover complain. complain to authorities first that your neighbour is the one who killed the pigeons.
as proof, take pictures of pigeons poo on THEIR ledge before giving out poisoned bait.

tell the authorities " see the poo on their ledge, so they must be angry to poison the birds. oh the poor birds, they are so innocent and yet kena poisoned".

irisng
28-02-12, 18:34
Your management should give a warining to your neighbour, if come to a worst should impose a fine as the bird poo might cause disease spreading around your condo. This is not healthy.

My condo after change management becomes very strict. :doh: They have imposed a fine on unwanted flower pots left by the residents at the lift lobby. Photographs will be taken for those residents (house) who hang clothing on the grill (despite several circulars given to each household) and then put up the photos on the notice board to let everybody see. They are so used to taking photos on the mistakes the residents make and then put it up on the notice board, sign..... :doh: There was once a resident who took away the newspaper from the reading room, it was captured by the security camera, and the management print it out and put it on the notice board, so embarrassing.:ashamed1:

hopeful
28-02-12, 18:39
I have also emailed NEA but they said it is not their problem. They will only cull crows which may pose a danger to the public.

authorities seems not to care about possibility of bird flu anymore?

teddybear
28-02-12, 19:02
Pigeons are known to be carrier of H5N1 bird flu! Real cases reported in UK where people died from contact with poo from pigeons! Better get ride of them! :scared-2:

My opposite neighbour's aircon ledge which faces by kitchen, has lots of pigeons poo as the pigeon recently raised their offspring there.
I have informed my neighbour of the hazards of pigeon poo but she appears to be nonchalant.
I have emailed the management but other then pasting circulars on the notice board, nothing has been done.

TIA.

buttercarp
28-02-12, 19:43
I am worried cos their aircon ledge is facing my kitchen.
I can't imagine why they don't care especially if the poo is all over their air con ledge.
The pigeons perch on the unreachable parts as well.

Last time mynahs built a nest on the top of my aircon ledge and I called to pest busters who came to remove the nest and droppings and then made a net on that place so that the birds won't nest there.
But to do all this, I had to pay them out of my pocket.

august
28-02-12, 19:52

wait kena from SPCA ~

zzz1
28-02-12, 19:54

TIA.

Actually quite bad, especially facing the kitchen . The poo dried up under the condition of the ac compressor. Worst Stijl the dried poo become dust which can be easily pick uP by the compressor fan running directly into kitchen. It may rested onthe cooked food.

There are certain brain infection are associated with virus carried by air borne upon inhaled.

Better talk to mc.

buttercarp
28-02-12, 19:58
Actually quite bad, especially facing the kitchen . The poo dried up under the condition of the ac compressor. Worst Stijl the dried poo become dust which can be easily pick uP by the compressor fan running directly into kitchen. It may rested onthe cooked food.

There are certain brain infection are associated with virus carried by air borne upon inhaled.

Better talk to mc.

Ya.... after reading all your posts, I have emailed the management.
But I don't know how fast they will act.
So sian.... maybe I got to write to MP.
Do you think that will help?

maisonjai
28-02-12, 22:04
Put a Garfield there maybe tweetie birds stay away.

extremme
28-02-12, 22:20
I believe pigeon poo carry some virus that are transmitted through air n hence goby has reminded us not to feed pigeons .. maybe can google potency of pigeon poo n put dat in ur email to mc

extremme
28-02-12, 22:23
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-woman-battling-crippling-disease-caused-by-pigeon-poop/article1996988/?service=mobile

http://www.infinitehealthresources.com/Store/Resource/Article/1-10/2/1601.html

zzz1
28-02-12, 23:03
Ya.... after reading all your posts, I have emailed the management.
But I don't know how fast they will act.
So sian.... maybe I got to write to MP.
Do you think that will help?
Properly let give the mc the opportunity to act first.
Normally when I emailed to mc, I will ensured that they received my mails,

You may want talk to them if they know the intention of the mails, what their suggestion and recommendation, what actions they plan to do,. Once established , you may want to call up to follow up each and every things that they had committed.

I'm sure they will expedite if they don want to be plastered every day....

zzz1
28-02-12, 23:08
One of my Previous unit encounter the same problems. My next door informed me that the birdies every night gathered overnight..

So evey night I use bamboo stick to disturb/pook them till they don come back any more....

buttercarp
29-02-12, 07:19
One of my Previous unit encounter the same problems. My next door informed me that the birdies every night gathered overnight..

So evey night I use bamboo stick to disturb/pook them till they don come back any more....
But my neighbor don't care. Just let them nest there. The whole ledge is full of faeces. I wonder why they are not bothered. Today I must go to mgt office to bang tables liao.

price
29-02-12, 07:28
But my neighbor don't care. Just let them nest there. The whole ledge is full of faeces. I wonder why they are not bothered. Today I must go to mgt office to bang tables liao.

Jia you! :D

irisng
29-02-12, 07:34
Just like dogs, if they "urine or poo" at one place, they will always want to go back to the same place because of their smell. Maybe your neighbour should wash and clean it up thoroughly so that there won't have any more smell and try disturbing them when they landed on the a/c ledge, in this case, the pigeons might look for elsewhere .

hopeful
29-02-12, 08:12

what does the guide on strata living has to say about this?
www.bca.gov.sg/bmsm/others/strata_living.pdf

for terrace house, if pigeons like to stay in neighbour's house and poop, who do you complain?

buttercarp
29-02-12, 08:12
Just like dogs, if they "urine or poo" at one place, they will always want to go back to the same place because of their smell. Maybe your neighbour should wash and clean it up thoroughly so that there won't have any more smell and try disturbing them when they landed on the a/c ledge, in this case, the pigeons might look for elsewhere .
All this needs a professional to do n needs money. So if nothing happens, I don't think they will bother.

maisonjai
29-02-12, 09:29
For amusement
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uc55W9YrxQc/TQBIeZUyl_I/AAAAAAAABos/xiFpGJBMLaw/s1600/image001.jpg

mcmlxxvi
29-02-12, 16:13
For amusement
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uc55W9YrxQc/TQBIeZUyl_I/AAAAAAAABos/xiFpGJBMLaw/s1600/image001.jpg
I think white polo tee with lightning cum circle logo more effective...

teddybear
29-02-12, 16:43
Your neighbours are Indians? I know they like to feed pigeons. Old Chinese ladies too. don't know why? :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
29-02-12, 17:35
Your neighbours are Indians? I know they like to feed pigeons. Old Chinese ladies too. don't know why? :beats-me-man:

Middle age chinese lady.
Nice lady but probably not aware of the hazards.

irisng
29-02-12, 19:28
All this needs a professional to do n needs money. So if nothing happens, I don't think they will bother.

Don't need professional, wash and scrub it during raining day so that the lower floor will not complain about water pouring down from upstairs.:ashamed1: Is it there are always food on the A/c ledge? My mother-in-law's block used to have a lot of pigeons on the ground floor because the residents kept throwing food at them, but now can't see anymore pigeons because everybody stopped doing that oredi. :cheers4:

buttercarp
29-02-12, 19:42
Don't need professional, wash and scrub it during raining day so that the lower floor will not complain about water pouring down from upstairs.:ashamed1: Is it there are always food on the A/c ledge? My mother-in-law's block used to have a lot of pigeons on the ground floor because the residents kept throwing food at them, but now can't see anymore pigeons because everybody stopped doing that oredi. :cheers4:
The air con ledge is not exposed to rain so it is a good place for pigeons to nest. Thus it cannot be washed during a downpour. Also there are areas where it is not reachable unless you climb into the ledge. The management said they will discuss it at the next meeting. I have asked them to act as a middleman to advise my neighbour to get it cleaned up. Otherwise I think I have to ask MP to help.

zzz1
29-02-12, 23:28
The air con ledge is not exposed to rain so it is a good place for pigeons to nest. Thus it cannot be washed during a downpour. Also there are areas where it is not reachable unless you climb into the ledge. The management said they will discuss it at the next meeting. I have asked them to act as a middleman to advise my neighbour to get it cleaned up. Otherwise I think I have to ask MP to help.
Ask the condo manager what to discuss in meeting? Whether can or can not approach the unit or ? :doh:

buttercarp
29-02-12, 23:30
Ask the condo manager what to discuss in meeting? Whether can or can not approach the unit or ? :doh:

Thanks for the suggestion.
The resident committee has already spoken with management.
Now awaiting approval.

irisng
03-03-12, 12:46

Oh, what I mean is use own water and not rain water. Do the washing when it is raining heavily so that the lower floor will thought that it is rain water and not washing water, haha.

I think your neighbour didn't know of the consequences, out of kindness, she thought that it is no harm to let the pigeons have a rest place. But if she wants to let the pigeons rest at her air-con ledge, at least clear up the poo frequently lor.

I only let the birds rest on my window "ledge" during raining day, hehe.