PDA

View Full Version : East Village @ Bedok Walk (D16, Freehold, World Class Land)

azeoprop
12-02-12, 21:38
Any comments on this holland village wannabe? Quite near to tanah merah mrt. :beats-me-man:

http://www.eastvillage.com.sg/

azeoprop
12-02-12, 21:42
The floor plan is exactly the same as Parc Rosewood! :doh:

howgozit
12-02-12, 21:50
Quite a long walk to Tanah Merah MRT

marktkt22
12-02-12, 23:02
Same developer mah

marktkt22
12-02-12, 23:12
Layout not bad , and got bomb shelter....squarish

WolleyDragon
13-02-12, 15:01
hopefully this development will change the current landscape of simpang bedok.

night-time, this area is basically a mat rock gathering place.

gn108
13-02-12, 15:06
And how will this change the feel of the place?
It'll be a mat rock bikers hang-out with a new condo in the landscape...nothing more.

hopefully this development will change the current landscape of simpang bedok.

night-time, this area is basically a mat rock gathering place.

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 15:09
And how will this change the feel of the place?
It'll be a mat rock bikers hang-out with a new condo in the landscape...nothing more.
Mat rock condo?? How about a Jo Jo Jam Studio as part of the facilities...

gn108
13-02-12, 15:13
We should be 'equal-opportunity' ...we got condos on Meyer catering to Indian, and some catering to the mei-meis, so why not to the iconic Mat Rockers? Let them have Simpang Bedok ...it was their land in the first place...motorcycles sounds or curry smells or the visual delights of the China meimei?? Take your pick.

Mat rock condo?? How about a Jo Jo Jam Studio as part of the facilities...

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 15:19
We should be 'equal-opportunity' ...we got condos on Meyer catering to Indian, and some catering to the mei-meis, so why not to the iconic Mat Rockers? Let them have Simpang Bedok ...it was their land in the first place...motorcycles sounds or curry smells or the visual delights of the China meimei?? Take your pick.
Sorry whenever i see you nick i thought i saw gnn kekeke. You seemed to be speak of little india and geylang in the latter two areas. Right? I remember once i viewed a project right on top of Muthu Curry... Really got the smell all the time man. Power... Plus unit opposite got one indian man clad only in sarong walking around in his unit... But it was really cheap. Below 1k psf for MM at race course road. Now where to find...

howgozit
13-02-12, 15:22
There is certainly potential for growth.

I think the Simpang Bedok "Shopping Centre" ie. the structure that houses Shop and Save supermart belongs to FEO. Currently about 90% of the hawker stalls above it are vacant. A major revamp which looks forthcoming will certainly transform the whole place.

Even as it is now although the whole place is generally quite run-down, there are some pretty hip restaurants in the area.

My only complaint is that the MRT is a bit far to walk. Plus there is a big Thai temple behind the plot (no offence to our Thai Buddhist memebers)

gn108
13-02-12, 15:25
Even geylang now hard to find below 1k...
Sights, smells and sounds ...all part of buying location, location, location.

Sorry whenever i see you nick i thought i saw gnn kekeke. You seemed to be speak of little india and geylang in the latter two areas. Right? I remember once i viewed a project right on top of Muthu Curry... Really got the smell all the time man. Power... Plus unit opposite got one indian man clad only in sarong walking around in his unit... But it was really cheap. Below 1k psf for MM at race course road. Now where to find...

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 15:30
Even geylang now hard to find below 1k...
Sights, smells and sounds ...all part of buying location, location, location.
Really 色香位 位置的位

TKT
13-02-12, 15:34
One of my agent friends alerted me on this project.
Last weekend went to recce as quite familiar with this area but didnt think there was a piece of land big enough to have a sizeable project like this.

Anyway, found the place.
Location-wise, it is not really accessible for MRT, nearest is Tanah Merah and that's a fine walk, I'm not sure how they claim its 10mins...maybe my walking speed is suspect.

Surrounding areas quite mature with predominantly landed, private condos, shophouses and further on, some warehouses and factories.
There's also Anglican High School up a small slope.
Lots and lots of eateries in those old shophouses, some look to have been there for ages.
Generally a pretty nice place, location-wise.

As for this project, its next to a T junction and for some units towards the inner side, they could be facing a big golden temple, think its a Thai buddhist temple (?).
This seems a pretty popular temple, so this place could get pretty congested during festivities and not much parking options.

Not sure if fengshui-wise this is a good thing as the temple is situated high ground, while the development is on lower ground sloping downwards to the main road - looks kinda 'bearing' down heavily on the development...

It's definitely a mat rock type of place, casual, laidback ambience, with lots of malay and indian muslim kinda food and especially at night, it can be quite nice and relaxing having alfresco teh tarik and rotis.

Not sure how the new development will market itself but can see that it has some potential if the developer can do a nice concept.

This place needs to a major rejuvenation as it is quite lost in the woods out there yet quaint in a nice way.

For own stay probably quite nice.
For rental, dont think it can compete with all those new condos coming up right next to Tanah Merah MRT.

For retail, think it is 50-50, depending on the pricing and how it will be marketed in future.

Anyone has idea how much asking psf for residential and commercial?

:47:

iwantgizmos
13-02-12, 15:53
There are groups of harley davidsons bikers who frequent the nearby coffeeshop...
Ppty buyers would have to live with the noise; i.e. harley davidsons revving past every night... unless you are bikes enthusiast lor...

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 16:29
There are groups of harley davidsons bikers who frequent the nearby coffeeshop...
Ppty buyers would have to live with the noise; i.e. harley davidsons revving past every night... unless you are bikes enthusiast lor...
Between kids who scream at top of their lungs for half an hour to one hour everyday and this which would you choose?

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 16:33
One of my agent friends alerted me on this project.
Last weekend went to recce as quite familiar with this area but didnt think there was a piece of land big enough to have a sizeable project like this.

It's definitely a mat rock type of place, casual, laidback ambience, with lots of malay and indian muslim kinda food and especially at night, it can be quite nice and relaxing having alfresco teh tarik and rotis.

Theres a reason why is East Village and not East Suites or Grandeur right. Village... Kampung ma. After the teh and satay just balik kampung! But oh my what a high psf kampung...

gn108
13-02-12, 16:36
Nice...:o ....

Theres a reason why is East Village and not East Suites or Grandeur right. Village... Kampung ma. After the teh and satay just balik kampung! But oh my what a high psf kampung...

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 16:39
Nice...:o ....
Looking at this thread subject... Even more obvious. Kampung... Bedok... Jalan... How more Mat can you be.

TKT
13-02-12, 16:51

Hehe, if I didnt believe otherwise, I'd thought you were doing your damnest to talk down this project, to your advantage. :D

:cheers5:

mcmlxxvi
13-02-12, 21:59
Hehe, if I didnt believe otherwise, I'd thought you were doing your damnest to talk down this project, to your advantage. :D

:cheers5:
Eh what otherwise you believing? Just giving my critical 2c worth... That being 10pct and the other 90pct is bo liao bored

azeoprop
14-02-12, 00:43
How about getting a shop unit there, would there be human traffic there to support business?

:beats-me-man:

howgozit
14-02-12, 10:30
I think it would be challenging. The shops in Simpang Bedok are'nt doing very well... many have converted to eating places instead. Even the 24hr Shop n Save business is only marginal.

How about getting a shop unit there, would there be human traffic there to support business?

:beats-me-man:

Rosy
14-02-12, 11:19
commercial psf is too high. residential is better

mcmlxxvi
14-02-12, 11:30
They should consolidate all the special or rare finds in Bedok/Changi area here... Eg botak jones from Bedok north, big ben from opera estate, jacobs grill from changi village, chin lee from Bedok north, different taste from frankel, the beef noodles from tua kong... Ye lai xiang cheng teng from Bedok road hawker, Etcetc then this will be one hard to beat foodie haven.

Rosy
14-02-12, 11:33
i find the shop space too small and longish.

howgozit
14-02-12, 11:34
They should consolidate all the special or rare finds in Bedok/Changi area here... Eg botak jones from Bedok north, big ben from opera estate, jacobs grill from changi village, chin lee from Bedok north, different taste from frankel, the beef noodles from tua kong... Ye lai xiang cheng teng from Bedok road hawker, Etcetc then this will be one hard to beat foodie haven.

That would be great !!!

Simpang Bedok if re-developed would be a great location to house all this.

mcmlxxvi
14-02-12, 11:59
That would be great !!!

Simpang Bedok if re-developed would be a great location to house all this.
Ya man. Almost salivating as i was typing...

Daniel Foo
14-02-12, 14:27
There is certainly potential for growth.

I think the Simpang Bedok "Shopping Centre" ie. the structure that houses Shop and Save supermart belongs to FEO. Currently about 90% of the hawker stalls above it are vacant. A major revamp which looks forthcoming will certainly transform the whole place.

Even as it is now although the whole place is generally quite run-down, there are some pretty hip restaurants in the area.

My only complaint is that the MRT is a bit far to walk. Plus there is a big Thai temple behind the plot (no offence to our Thai Buddhist mthey may convert members)

I agree that the Simpang "Bedok Shopping Centre" hawker stalls upstairs is not operating at its full speed. Most of the stalls there are not open or only opened half day. I suspect an upgrade of Bedok Shopping Centre is on the way or a facelift to convert this into a commercial cum residential since it is owned by FEO. The hawker stalls should have more Chinese food stalls to offset the Mat effect in the Simpang area. Something like Chomp Chomp in Serangoon Gardens or Holland V would be nice.

Also with the new East Village at Bedok development,this place may transform into the Holland Village of the East. In fact the developer, MCL is marketing East Village as the Holland Village of the East.
If you look at the spread of shops for this oproject http://www.eastvillage.com.sg/commercial.html ,it has a good spread of total 107 shops and 1 supermarket likely "Market Place" or Cold Storage which would totally change the landscape of this area and neutralize the Mat effect in that area. Let's keep our fingers crossed.:cheers4:

howgozit
14-02-12, 14:41
Actually I think the Malay prominence actually invigorated the area.... otherwise the place would have "died" a long time ago. There is an interesting mix of restaurants there. Some of the Zhi Cha that was originally operating hawker stalls above Shop n save have moved down to the shophouses below.On the Jalan Pari Burong side there is also an electic mix of restaurants and pubs

And the crowds are generally peaceful ... perhaps bcoz no alcohol is served?

One thing they have to solve is the parking though....

indomie
14-02-12, 14:58
Actually I think the Malay prominence actually invigorated the area.... otherwise the place would have "died" a long time ago. There is an interesting mix of restaurants there. Some of the Zhi Cha that was originally operating hawker stalls above Shop n save have moved down to the shophouses below.On the Jalan Pari Burong side there is also an electic mix of restaurants and pubs

And the crowds are generally peaceful ... perhaps bcoz no alcohol is served?

One thing they have to solve is the parking though....
Mat rock bunchs are pretty docile. Get your old metallica shirt out and that old tight jeans.... Deep down inside I know u wanna.

TKT
14-02-12, 14:58
I was just about to mention about parking woes but someone beat me to it! :D

Normally I skip this place for food unless off-peak periods as parking always insufficient.

howgozit
14-02-12, 15:04
Mat rock bunchs are pretty docile. Get your old metallica shirt out and that old tight jeans.... Deep down inside I know u wanna.

yah lah... got to admit I was more Mat than Beng when younger (maybe still am). Wanna puke when I hear Modern Talking.

TKT
15-02-12, 22:32
According to agent, indicative prices :

residential ... around 1100-1300psf
commercial ... around 4000-4500psf

:jaw-dropping:

I declare Singapore properties cannot invest anymore.
Come back after 2015.

mcmlxxvi
16-02-12, 11:13
I agree that the Simpang "Bedok Shopping Centre" hawker stalls upstairs is not operating at its full speed. Most of the stalls there are not open or only opened half day. I suspect an upgrade of Bedok Shopping Centre is on the way or a facelift to convert this into a commercial cum residential since it is owned by FEO. The hawker stalls should have more Chinese food stalls to offset the Mat effect in the Simpang area. Something like Chomp Chomp in Serangoon Gardens or Holland V would be nice.

Also with the new East Village at Bedok development,this place may transform into the Holland Village of the East. In fact the developer, MCL is marketing East Village as the Holland Village of the East.
If you look at the spread of shops for this oproject http://www.eastvillage.com.sg/commercial.html ,it has a good spread of total 107 shops and 1 supermarket likely "Market Place" or Cold Storage which would totally change the landscape of this area and neutralize the Mat effect in that area. Let's keep our fingers crossed.:cheers4:
107 shops is a lot...!!!!

buttercarp
16-02-12, 11:48

Come back after 2015.

Wah your jaw drop so long till going to dislocate!
Sekali, come back after 2015, jaw drop till no mouth, become a hello kitty.

GSLJ
16-02-12, 15:12

Come back after 2015.

:47:I think for residential 1100-1300 is reasonable?

This is FH right? :)

GSLJ
16-02-12, 15:16
Went to survey this area...not bad.

Nearby mostly landed homes, with many eating places and a supermarket.

Not too walkable to MRT though, quite a distance.

Daniel Foo
16-02-12, 17:37
Went to survey this area...not bad.

Nearby mostly landed homes, with many eating places and a supermarket.

Not too walkable to MRT though, quite a distance.

There is a short cut to the Tanah Merah MRT. It takes only 5-8 mins. most. You walk along the main road along the Shell petrol station direction=> walk along the landed houses, then cut through Tanah Merah Park. :spliff2:

mcmlxxvi
16-02-12, 20:43
There is a short cut to the Tanah Merah MRT. It takes only 5-8 mins. most. You walk along the main road along the Shell petrol station direction=> walk along the landed houses, then cut through Tanah Merah Park. :spliff2:
Oh!!!!!!!!

hovivi
16-02-12, 21:16
Seriously don't see why I want to go to simpang when the commercial plot beside tanah merah mrt is up and the huge bedok central development is ready.

The whole simpang place is jus inaccessible, far away fm mrt and uphill walk, the only thing that keep it going is the absence of retail centers in the area now.

Thee population density is low, how would retail survive In future I dunno. Even now you see new shops open and then closed after 6mths.. So many of them..

About the supermarket at east village.. Have you seen the size? If I recall it was 6k sq feet.. Pretty small in my view...

Montaigne
17-02-12, 13:26
I think for residential 1100-1300 is reasonable?

This is FH right? :)
I don't think this is FH. Somebody can confirm?

price
17-02-12, 13:47
I don't think this is FH. Somebody can confirm?

Definitely Freehold.

Montaigne
17-02-12, 14:32
Definitely Freehold.
Wow, cheeap then, may go down see see...

howgozit
19-02-12, 11:44
This "short cut" not very short leh... zun bo only 5-8mins?.. haha:D

easteast
19-02-12, 18:19
I think Ard 15-20 mins walk

minority
19-02-12, 18:54
Looks like another Siglap V.

minority
19-02-12, 18:56
How is this compared to optima? Or the projects behind optima? Coz at least those have bigger facility.

howgozit
19-02-12, 21:59
How is this compared to optima? Or the projects behind optima? Coz at least those have bigger facility.

IMHO, this project is in a different category as it is too far away from MRT. Like Palmwoods which is just opposite.

Daniel Foo
19-02-12, 22:22

5-8 mins. Go and take a stroll. :spliff:

fiat500
19-02-12, 22:35
this project is far from mrt,not feasible to walk to n fro everyday..
should not be marketed as being near mrt..its near though if u travel by car...

price
19-02-12, 23:20
this project is far from mrt,not feasible to walk to n fro everyday..
should not be marketed as being near mrt..its near though if u travel by car...

The short cut takes only 5-8mins. got to walk from the landed houses area

fiat500
19-02-12, 23:50
The short cut takes only 5-8mins. got to walk from the landed houses area
its more than that definitely...more like 15-20mins at normal pace.
walking through landed u have to go up n down slope,very taxing..
its too far from mrt @ d end of the day..:cheers6:

Daniel Foo
20-02-12, 00:50

Have walked and timed, 10 mins most. You must be crawling I guess....:D

fiat500
20-02-12, 02:01
Have walked and timed, 10 mins most. You must be crawling I guess....:D
ha ha..... regardless 8mins,10mins,15mins or 30mins.
every individual move at different speed..point is its a long walk coz its far! :cheers6: :cheers6:

fiat500
20-02-12, 02:21
u are absolutely right! short cut or not also not much different,u still have to walk through the neighbourhood..:scared-4:
for supermarket either sheng siong or ntuc will be interested..
marketplace or cold storage wont venture there lah! :cheers6:

price
20-02-12, 07:42

I used to stay at 1 of the semi-d just next to this development when i was a kid and i take at most 10mins to walk to the mrt station every morning.

minority
20-02-12, 08:32
Took a look at the flr plan . Really look cramp. Anyone have really see the actual size ?

Will it end up like the dungeon in Mountbatten suits or the super cramp kovan grander ?

Seriously think the developers are too much these days.

Rosy
20-02-12, 08:57
Took a look at the flr plan . Really look cramp. Anyone have really see the actual size ?

Will it end up like the dungeon in Mountbatten suits or the super cramp kovan grander ?

Seriously think the developers are too much these days.
Looks like you are new to shoebox just like me.

I had enquired some existing MM and all of them are fetching a minimum of 2.3k rental even for the smallest 3xxsqft unit.

the rental psf is simply amazing.

mcmlxxvi
20-02-12, 11:32
Looks like you are new to shoebox just like me.

I had enquired some existing MM and all of them are fetching a minimum of 2.3k rental even for the smallest 3xxsqft unit.

the rental psf is simply amazing.
There you go. As long as hdb rental dont drop, even the smallest private MM will benefit as it will surely cost above 3rm hdb rate. Note that 3rm hdb is the smallest hdb the lessee can be subletting and market rate is up to 1.8k on average and even 2k for some near city or mrt. Therefore, naturally, even the lousiest MM will rent 2k and above depending on age, facilities and of course location and nearby amenities.

fiat500
20-02-12, 13:10
I used to stay at 1 of the semi-d just next to this development when i was a kid and i take at most 10mins to walk to the mrt station every morning.
like i said,every individual move at different speed...whether 5mins or 20mins is not the issue.
bottom line is its far from the mrt station...:cheers4:

snoopy
20-02-12, 15:53
Any news if there is any commercial development beside the Tanah Merah Mrt station? According to URA master plan, there should be a plot for commercial just outside the mrt station.

howgozit
20-02-12, 17:05
OMG, there goes the neighbourhood if Sheng Shiong sets up shop there

u are absolutely right! short cut or not also not much different,u still have to walk through the neighbourhood..:scared-4:
for supermarket either sheng siong or ntuc will be interested..
marketplace or cold storage wont venture there lah! :cheers6:

Allthepies
20-02-12, 18:28
like i said,every individual move at different speed...whether 5mins or 20mins is not the issue.
bottom line is its far from the mrt station...:cheers4:
yuupy the scienitfic method is called distance, not by how fast person A or B takes. 400m or shorter will be excellent!

Spunk
27-02-12, 21:07
Hi guys. Do you think it is a good investment to pay between 560k and 600k for a MM unit of 409sqft? :beats-me-man:

I am considering to buy and as the TOP is June 2014, I am hoping to be able to rent it out soon.

Btw, launch is on 17th March.

Appreciate your expert opinions. :cheers5:

Stoney Stone Stone
27-02-12, 21:35
Hi guys. Do you think it is a good investment to pay between 560k and 600k for a MM unit of 409sqft? :beats-me-man:

I am considering to buy and as the TOP is June 2014, I am hoping to be able to rent it out soon.

My opinion is if you are buying for investment, then buy MM unit that TOP this year. Don't wait until 2014. Unless you like this ptoject. :2cents:

price
27-02-12, 22:14

I think the launch price will be higher than this

GSLJ
27-02-12, 22:17
Optima should TOP soon.

Nearer to MRT but LH.

Spunk
28-02-12, 13:16
I think the launch price will be higher than this

Should be this range...as assured to me by the marketing agents. I should get the definite price the day before the launch. However, will prospective tenants like the mixed development? As mentioned in the earlier postings, mrt is around 10 mins walk.

Spunk
28-02-12, 13:19
My opinion is if you are buying for investment, then buy MM unit that TOP this year. Don't wait until 2014. Unless you like this ptoject. :2cents:

Thanks for the advice. I am neutral. It's just that for a FH apartment, I believe the price is comparable to other 99LH studios.. maybe just a bit more ex..

mcmlxxvi
28-02-12, 13:40

One word. NO.

price
28-02-12, 13:46
Should be this range...as assured to me by the marketing agents. I should get the definite price the day before the launch. However, will prospective tenants like the mixed development? As mentioned in the earlier postings, mrt is around 10 mins walk.

10 mins walk is just 1 concern. 10 mins walk to tanah merah is the other. if its 10 mins walk to paya lebar mrt / tanjong pagar thats different.

fiat500
28-02-12, 15:41
should not be marketed as being near mrt cos its too far away...
whether u walk through the landed properties or u call it shortcut doesnt make any difference at all..my colleague lives in palmwoods opposite eastvillage n he doesnt take d mrt cos he said its too far.. :cheers4:

definitely not worth it at this psf price range..

pod
03-03-12, 09:49
I think this place is unique in D16.

Not that bad la. ;)

Freehold & acess to shops at ground floor so no need to climb like the 'bedok shopping centre' (This is impt if u ask me cos people like visibility & attracted to aircon premises)

Public parking just outside, so will attract alot of afternn lunch crowd for the shops (that is if u r investing) Lunch time cp is pretty free.

Night time the place turns into a dinning inferno crowd, packed but its good as that is the character of this place.

Residents will enjoy the attention once the developer (world class land) cherry picks the anchor F&B tenants as well as supermarket 'brand'

All in all, the place shd b for someone who wants some exclusive touch in a private estate away from the buZz of bedok town.

Got a buddy doing this project. Anyone wans to know more PM me. :D

*My relative stay nearby so I know the place pretty well.

GSLJ
04-03-12, 14:15
Ya, I find the place there quite nice too.

pod
04-03-12, 15:05
Ya, I find the place there quite nice too.

There is also a concept eatery place along upper changi rd. 'picardy gardens'? Got nice chicken rice, thai food, chinese seafood etc etc.

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit...:D (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)

buttercarp
04-03-12, 15:21
There is also a concept eatery place along upper changi rd. 'picardy gardens'? Got nice chicken rice, thai food, chinese seafood etc etc.

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit...:D (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)

The famous Tian Tian chicken rice from Maxwell road has a branch near there.:)

heroes
04-03-12, 15:58

Tian tian... Yummy

pod
04-03-12, 16:17

YES! thats the one.. i only know the signboard is blue color.. hahaha..

I only know how to eat nia...

:cheers6:

sh
04-03-12, 16:56
Residents will enjoy the attention once the developer (world class land) cherry picks the anchor F&B tenants as well as supermarket 'brand'

The commercial units and shop are for sale? If yes, AVIOD the resi above.

Once the shops are sold, there no control of the tenant mix anymore. Think city plaza and lucky plaza.:scared-3:

hovivi
04-03-12, 18:51

Once the shops are sold, there no control of the tenant mix anymore. Think city plaza and lucky plaza.:scared-3:

Yes shops for sale, and plenty of very small units. ; )

Stoney Stone Stone
04-03-12, 18:58
YES! thats the one.. i only know the signboard is blue color.. hahaha..

I only know how to eat nia...

:cheers6:

There also have a famous Jalan Tua Kong Ah Lim fishball Noodles very nice. But quite EX.

pod
04-03-12, 21:18
There also have a famous Jalan Tua Kong Ah Lim fishball Noodles very nice. But quite EX.

wa lao.. stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hungry liao.. keep thinking of their chilli sauce... slurpppp:simmering: :spliff:

Jonathan0503
05-03-12, 07:56

Just had it for lunch yesterday.

Find it too salty leh. Both the noodles and the soup

hovivi
05-03-12, 10:21
Just had it for lunch yesterday.

Find it too salty leh. Both the noodles and the soup

Quality can be inconsistent when the assistant cook, instead of the boss... That place has lost theor personal touch now and running like a commercial entity.

minority
06-03-12, 08:54
The concept is not new. Look at Siglap side few projects there. Siglap v, crescendo , Siglap center etc. I donno i feel the project with malls n restaurants below appear rundown. Went to see a unit before with a Indian Resturant below. Feel like I m in India smelling the spices n curry. M sure if air dry the cloths going to be spicy ;)

mcmlxxvi
06-03-12, 13:16
The concept is not new. Look at Siglap side few projects there. Siglap v, crescendo , Siglap center etc. I donno i feel the project with malls n restaurants below appear rundown. Went to see a unit before with a Indian Resturant below. Feel like I m in India smelling the spices n curry. M sure if air dry the cloths going to be spicy ;)

Race Course 138. Muthu's Curry.

minority
06-03-12, 16:01
Race Course 138. Muthu's Curry.

on the bright side. everyday can have prata for breakfast.

howgozit
06-03-12, 22:43
Worse still are massage parlours and sleazy KTVs....

howgozit
06-03-12, 22:58
I still prefer the original Lau Lim. The two stalls at Simpang Bedok are copycats. The boss of the Lau Lim in Simpang Bedok was a worker for the original Lau Lim but paid the older man a sum of money to use the "Lau Lim" name.

The original Lau Lim's stall is called 132 Kway Teow Mee. They have sinced moved to Blk 59 Marine Terrace, the old Lau Lim's wife does do the cooking now. Their chilli is super hot and may not suit the younger generation's taste. Also the queue is still super long, partly bcoz they are slow and also unlike Simpang Bedok, they are less organised.

I still like it bcoz there is a lot of originality in their taste, very old school and less refined. This is unlike those monotonous flavours that you taste in all the food courts mainly cooked by the Ah Tiongs.

Quality can be inconsistent when the assistant cook, instead of the boss... That place has lost theor personal touch now and running like a commercial entity.

GSLJ
06-03-12, 23:23

Pretty lifestyle & nice.

I am going to book my agent friend to bring me for property launch. hehe.. kaypoh abit...:D (he say developer got give discount for vip launch wo)Ya, staying there food surely no problem. Many nice eats around the area.

Got a supermarket there as well, so quite convenient. :)

GSLJ
06-03-12, 23:28
I still prefer the original Lau Lim. The two stalls at Simpang Bedok are copycats. The boss of the Lau Lim in Simpang Bedok was a worker for the original Lau Lim but paid the older man a sum of money to use the "Lau Lim" name.

The original Lau Lim's stall is called 132 Kway Teow Mee. They have sinced moved to Blk 59 Marine Terrace, the old Lau Lim's wife does do the cooking now. Their chilli is super hot and may not suit the younger generation's taste. Also the queue is still super long, partly bcoz they are slow and also unlike Simpang Bedok, they are less organised.

I still like it bcoz there is a lot of originality in their taste, very old school and less refined. This is unlike those monotonous flavours that you taste in all the food courts mainly cooked by the Ah Tiongs.Oh, first time I tried this was at Siglap which I thought was the original stall.

The one at Simpang also not bad, but now changed to assistant cooking so not what it used to be. But still good, boss there making lots of $. Can see many ppl queuing and waiting for the mee pok. :D

howgozit
07-03-12, 00:32
Yep, the original was at Jln Tua Kong, Siglap, where the boss of the Simpang Bedok shop worked. Old man of original stall stopped for a while and handed it over to him for a sum of money and he also took over the "Lau Lim" name.

There are now many copycat in Siglap also calling themselves "Lau Lim" or "Jln Tua Kong" mee pok selling the noodles in the same style.

Simpang Bedok very close to original bcoz the boss was from the original stall. Many find it better than original actually. The original is actually very salty, oily and spicy. But having had it for decades, I still have a soft spot for it. Its also cheaper too.

If you are a foodie, go and try it as a reference just for the hell of it. Blk 59 Marine Terrace. You'll see the customers are old faithfuls from Siglap/East Coast.

Oh, first time I tried this was at Siglap which I thought was the original stall.

The one at Simpang also not bad, but now changed to assistant cooking so not what it used to be. But still good, boss there making lots of $. Can see many ppl queuing and waiting for the mee pok. :D

pod
07-03-12, 09:23
Worse still are massage parlours and sleazy KTVs....

My personal opinion is there may not be such problems as the development will still be 'check-mate' by the residents upstairs. Dun think they will allow such tenancy mix as they will be the first to feedback to the relevant enforcement agencies. These are million dollar properties and profile of the owners might be those who are careful of where they park their money.

Anyway has anyone placed a cheque for any units there so far? Anyone invited for their exclusive vvip previews yet? :D

devilplate
07-03-12, 09:35
My personal opinion is there may not be such problems as the development will still be 'check-mate' by the residents upstairs. Dun think they will allow such tenancy mix as they will be the first to feedback to the relevant enforcement agencies. These are million dollar properties and profile of the owners might be those who are careful of where they park their money.

Anyway has anyone placed a cheque for any units there so far? Anyone invited for their exclusive vvip previews yet? :D
u nvr noe....wat if the shop tenants manage to get license for operating massage?

eng81157
07-03-12, 10:12
u nvr noe....wat if the shop tenants manage to get license for operating massage?

on the flip side, one can be sure of having a constant stream of hourly rental clients by converting into a transient service apartment. :D

hovivi
07-03-12, 21:48
Understand most of the shops are just 100sq feet? Just nice to put a bed for massage parlor ?

pod
09-03-12, 08:39
Omg.. jus saw the pricelist...

commercial at $4800psf?? is it me or wat? too expensive?!:doh:

Anyone with experience on psf for freehold commercial.. (cant find much market comparables/references as its rare to have freehold commercial these days)

minority
09-03-12, 13:44
Omg.. jus saw the pricelist...

commercial at $4800psf?? is it me or wat? too expensive?!:doh:

Anyone with experience on psf for freehold commercial.. (cant find much market comparables/references as its rare to have freehold commercial these days)

Chop carrot mah... CHOP CHOP CHOP sound u never hear meh.?

dtrax
09-03-12, 13:45

haha u old fashion liao... now is mincer already... triple quick time :scared-4:

yjcai
09-03-12, 16:47
haha u old fashion liao... now is mincer already... triple quick time :scared-4:

So troublesome, melt the carrot :rolleyes:

pod
10-03-12, 15:48

heard millage selling much cheaper? isit true?

Got some agents:doh: said they collected cheques liao wo...

GSLJ
17-03-12, 22:57
Yep, the original was at Jln Tua Kong, Siglap, where the boss of the Simpang Bedok shop worked. Old man of original stall stopped for a while and handed it over to him for a sum of money and he also took over the "Lau Lim" name.

There are now many copycat in Siglap also calling themselves "Lau Lim" or "Jln Tua Kong" mee pok selling the noodles in the same style.

Simpang Bedok very close to original bcoz the boss was from the original stall. Many find it better than original actually. The original is actually very salty, oily and spicy. But having had it for decades, I still have a soft spot for it. Its also cheaper too.

If you are a foodie, go and try it as a reference just for the hell of it. Blk 59 Marine Terrace. You'll see the customers are old faithfuls from Siglap/East Coast.Thanks,

Will check it out when I pass by that area. :)

minority
20-03-12, 18:00
A friend of mine bought the project beside the post office. Regret coz from 6-3pm the noise from the bikers for supper. N day time the cooking smell from the stores get into the house. So must keep window close. Regret. Will east village get the same draft?

howgozit
20-03-12, 20:59
You mean Palmwoods? The severity of the "problem" depends on the apartment's facing and floor. I think most units that are pretty ok.

Many find the supermarket Shop & Save which operates 24hrs very useful.

A friend of mine bought the project beside the post office. Regret coz from 6-3pm the noise from the bikers for supper. N day time the cooking smell from the stores get into the house. So must keep window close. Regret. Will east village get the same draft?

minority
21-03-12, 14:49
You mean Palmwoods? The severity of the "problem" depends on the apartment's facing and floor. I think most units that are pretty ok.

Many find the supermarket Shop & Save which operates 24hrs very useful.

yes if not affected the near by amenities are good. My friend bought because of that. but unfortunately his unit is impacted always must keep window close.

pod
24-03-12, 09:11

Dun think it will be affected by cooking cos its across the street.

Today is the vip launch. I am going down to kpo. Heard more then 100 cheques presented. Going to be another sell-out project:doh:

Going to look for my agent friend. anyone wans to join me? hehe..:D

devilplate
24-03-12, 10:48

Today is the vip launch. I am going down to kpo. Heard more then 100 cheques presented. Going to be another sell-out project:doh:

y this project?

location not competitive for mm rental

eminor82
24-03-12, 10:57

can we just walk in or do we need to present a cheque to walk in? Might wanna go there see see look look too ha

pod
24-03-12, 11:10
can we just walk in or do we need to present a cheque to walk in? Might wanna go there see see look look too ha

no need cheque la...

Go KPO like me lo... I no money to buy also..

Pm me ur contact. I forward my agent friend contact to welcome u.

blackpepperj
24-03-12, 14:13
y this project?

location not competitive for mm rental

Agree, might as well go for the MM at Optima. It is closer to MRT and just walk to this place if you want to go to the shops.

easteast
24-03-12, 18:40
Any idea hw much PSF for the shop?

fiat500
24-03-12, 19:40
not advisable to go for this project if its for investment. location abit far off.
a good example is palmwoods across the road,the price is stagnant n not much demand for rental..:cheers6:

pod
25-03-12, 00:15
Any idea hw much PSF for the shop?

I think its 4950psf! lol

propertychap
25-03-12, 00:41
How is the sale at the preview?

easteast
25-03-12, 02:24
I think its 4950psf! lol

Wow at least 3 million

dtrax
25-03-12, 02:25
Wow at least 3 million

buy sim lim sq shop even better?

Daniel Foo
25-03-12, 02:40
not advisable to go for this project if its for investment. location abit far off.
a good example is palmwoods across the road,the price is stagnant n not much demand for rental..:cheers6:

This area will be the next Holland village area,Siglap village or Serangoon gardens My village area,take my words..Once the more upmarket and alfresco eateries comes in, the MAT effect here will transform totally...

price
25-03-12, 18:15
This area will be the next Holland village area,Siglap village or Serangoon gardens My village area,take my words..Once the more upmarket and alfresco eateries comes in, the MAT effect here will transform totally...
There were many mixed projects like this that didn't do well what makes you think a tiny mall like this can turn into hOlland v or s gardens??

devilplate
25-03-12, 18:17
wah how come sound exactly like tat agt promoting this project to me.....

price
25-03-12, 18:21
wah how come sound exactly like tat agt promoting this project to me.....
Haha was ur agent mr. Foo?

You need more than one alfresco dining area to turn into anything near serangoon gardens la

devilplate
25-03-12, 18:23
r they selling all the retail shops? or developer r keeping them and manage them? lots of diff.....

devilplate
25-03-12, 18:24
Haha was ur agent mr. Foo?

You need more than one alfresco dining area to turn into anything near serangoon gardens la
i exaggerate abit la....not word for word of coz....tat agt nvr say: take my word.....if not i will ask him to repeat again and i use my iphone to record it down....wakakakakaka

price
25-03-12, 18:26
r they selling all the retail shops? or developer r keeping them and manage them? lots of diff.....
All for sale.. After today's 2 page ad on St I think fully sold like millage?

devilplate
25-03-12, 18:30
All for sale.. After today's 2 page ad on St I think fully sold like millage?
wah piang....den almost zero chance of turning it into holland V liao

lets sing tgt: dream a dream

wakakakaka

price
25-03-12, 18:40
wah piang....den almost zero chance of turning it into holland V liao

lets sing tgt: dream a dream

wakakakaka
I Suspect it'll expand simpang bedok.. More prata and yummy Muslim food!

devilplate
25-03-12, 18:41
I Suspect it'll expand simpang bedok.. More prata and yummy Muslim food!
still remain the same simpang bedok....but their prata gona cost $1 more?

dtrax
25-03-12, 18:51
i exaggerate abit la....not word for word of coz....tat agt nvr say: take my word.....if not i will ask him to repeat again and i use my iphone to record it down....wakakakakaka

Coz they saw ur tagline on condosg, "dream a dream"

price
25-03-12, 18:53
still remain the same simpang bedok....but their prata gona cost $1 more?
Ya Just like jalan kayu, indoor got aircon prata more exp :scared-4:

howgozit
25-03-12, 23:36

The charm of the area is as it is, no need to follow one place or another. I hope it doesn't go so-called "upmarket" with the usual suspects like the Starbucks, Delfrance...etc franchises. The current makan joints are a varied quirky eclectic mix, certainly not the usual stuff, it should stay that way.

Daniel Foo
26-03-12, 00:01
The charm of the area is as it is, no need to follow one place or another. I hope it doesn't go so-called "upmarket" with the usual suspects like the Starbucks, Delfrance...etc franchises. The current makan joints are a varied quirky eclectic mix, certainly not the usual stuff, it should stay that way.

Dun worry, I think it will be a good mix of Alfresco eateries,coffee joints and supermarkets on one side and opposite side will be the usual Prata/ Sarabat restaurants to cater to different crowds.
Currently the Simpang area is already served by a 24-hr Shop N Save Supermarket, Guardian Pharmancy, 7-11 and even a KTV on the Shell Petrol Kiosk side
Dun forget there is a food centre on top of Bedok Place which very likely the developer will upgrade or refurbish the food centre as it is not operating at full speed. This place will definitely have its own charm and identity like Serangoon gardens village or Holland V.:D

price
26-03-12, 08:53
Dun worry, I think it will be a good mix of Alfresco eateries,coffee joints and supermarkets on one side and opposite side will be the usual Prata/ Sarabat restaurants to cater to different crowds.
Currently the Simpang area is already served by a 24-hr Shop N Save Supermarket, Guardian Pharmancy, 7-11 and even a KTV on the Shell Petrol Kiosk side
Dun forget there is a food centre on top of Bedok Place which very likely the developer will upgrade or refurbish the food centre as it is not operating at full speed. This place will definitely have its own charm and identity like Serangoon gardens village or Holland V.:D

too small and too little choices to become the next serangoon gardens. Chomp Chomp itself is something this area doesnt have.

As you have already noted, the 24 hours Shop N Save and KTV, you should know that the crowd is pathetic and the KTV is not even clean

yowetan
26-03-12, 09:17
too small and too little choices to become the next serangoon gardens. Chomp Chomp itself is something this area doesnt have.

As you have already noted, the 24 hours Shop N Save and KTV, you should know that the crowd is pathetic and the KTV is not even clean

I read somewhere, that this project receives good reception and almost sold out?

price
26-03-12, 09:42
I read somewhere, that this project receives good reception and almost sold out?

Yep, like i said, a 2 page ST ad always does the trick. Mixed development + WCL building it. TOP by 2013-2014 no problemo!

bargain hunter
27-03-12, 08:48
Over at the East Village, a freehold mixed development in the Bedok/Upper Changi Road locale, World Class Land is said to have found buyers for nearly all of the 90 apartments and 96 of the 108 shop units.
The apartments are priced at about $1,400 psf on average. Shop units are said to have fetched around $5,000 psf or more.

price
27-03-12, 08:54
Wooohoooo huat ah! i wonder how much will their Tai Keng Court mixed development be selling at! :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

latour
27-03-12, 08:55
Wooohoooo huat ah! i wonder how much will their Tai Keng Court mixed development be selling at! :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

Huat ah! Huat ah! haha... TKC expected to be 1600 to 1800/psf on the higher side.

price
27-03-12, 10:14
Huat ah! Huat ah! haha... TKC expected to be 1600 to 1800/psf on the higher side.

HAha i wonder will oxley's project in kovan do as well

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:34
The apartments are priced at about $1,400 psf on average. Shop units are said to have fetched around $5,000 psf or more.
is there any typo error? 5kpsf!?!?!?!? WTH?!?!?!?!

devilplate
27-03-12, 10:36
GOVT EFFECTIVELY PUSHING RESIDENTIAL BUBBLE TO COMMERCIAL!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

gn108
27-03-12, 11:11
Residential is dead coz of CMs and policy risk.
Industrial is being clamped.
Office is temporarily over supplied - and economic conditions are not favourable.
Left is Retail - so that's the reason for higher bids for mixed developments by Frangrance/Aspial/Oxley.

GOVT EFFECTIVELY PUSHING RESIDENTIAL BUBBLE TO COMMERCIAL!!!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

price
27-03-12, 11:19
is there any typo error? 5kpsf!?!?!?!? WTH?!?!?!?!
Bro, ad says commercial units starts from 5xxk ma. Means cheapest 500k unit for the 1xxsqft shop is around 5kpsf lor. No typo ba?

price
27-03-12, 11:20
Can anyone tell me how is this priced higher than Macly's Millage !? their commercial priced from 3kpsf

devilplate
27-03-12, 11:20
Bro, ad says commercial units starts from 5xxk ma. Means cheapest 500k unit for the 1xxsqft shop is around 5kpsf lor. No typo ba?
my goodness.....as long 5xxk regardless of the size can sell liao ar?

devilplate
27-03-12, 11:22
Can anyone tell me how is this priced higher than Macly's Millage !? their commercial priced from 3kpsf
yeah man...i tot 3kpsf for mm retail shops is the current market px.....tats y i so shocked to see 5kpsf

price
27-03-12, 13:46
my goodness.....as long 5xxk regardless of the size can sell liao ar?
I think they can start making 2xx psf MM residential units selling at low 400k i think everyone will start grabbing too! now its no longer psf$ liao. quantum wins

price
27-03-12, 13:48
yeah man...i tot 3kpsf for mm retail shops is the current market px.....tats y i so shocked to see 5kpsf

ya lor, 5kpsf can buy a lot of other PRIME offices leh

Wild Falcon
27-03-12, 15:03
So 100sqft at $5000psf? Cheap cheap only 5xxk :) Nowadayss people see 5xxk just grab.

World Class Land huat already lor. Really world class.

ya lor, 5kpsf can buy a lot of other PRIME offices leh

price
27-03-12, 15:14
So 100sqft at $5000psf? Cheap cheap only 5xxk :) Nowadayss people see 5xxk just grab.

World Class Land huat already lor. Really world class.

Yes, i think can invest their stocks and fragrance group's liao

best still their combined efforts of 3xxk at PRW all sold out liao

minority
27-03-12, 15:31

like that a toilet also can sell 500K!!!

price
27-03-12, 15:40
like that a toilet also can sell 500K!!!

how big is a toilet? i guess the 1xx sqft shops are sizes of a mama shop below the HDB?

toiletsiao
27-03-12, 19:08
I went to see this project last sat after my lunch....by the time i reach there...almost all the commercial units are sold liao...

whatever thats left are mostly the large F&B units....Most of the units are sold at 5k psf... that is the gross price...there is also a 7% GST charge on top of it... effectively the units are sold inclusive of GST @ almost 5350 psf for F&B and 5000 for retail...all units have their own waterpoint..

The developer is keeping a space for supermarket in this project... based on what was told to me ..it will be either NTUC Finest, Jason's or Cold Storage...All the units ard the proposed Supermarket anchor tenant is sold out... in fact 6 units are bought by the same person.... having stayed near the area for the past 20yrs ... really have my doubts on whether this East Village will generate enough human traffic to fetch the crazy rent "projections" the agents claim to be able to fetch(up to 25 bucks psf)...

devilplate
27-03-12, 19:13
how big is a toilet?
ask bro toiletsiao :D

amk
27-03-12, 20:13
Tis is looking more and more like 1996 :scared-4:

price
28-03-12, 14:17
Wow TV ads are up for this project!

hyenergix
28-03-12, 18:31
Been to a few show flats these few days. Not sure if there r so many tenants. Quite evident tt we r in e midst of a bubble. Even recent BTOs r priced higher. With e price floor, no sudden crash is possible. Govt is indirectly taxing e population via this avenue.

minority
28-03-12, 18:44
I went to see this project last sat after my lunch....by the time i reach there...almost all the commercial units are sold liao...

whatever thats left are mostly the large F&B units....Most of the units are sold at 5k psf... that is the gross price...there is also a 7% GST charge on top of it... effectively the units are sold inclusive of GST @ almost 5350 psf for F&B and 5000 for retail...all units have their own waterpoint..

The developer is keeping a space for supermarket in this project... based on what was told to me ..it will be either NTUC Finest, Jason's or Cold Storage...All the units ard the proposed Supermarket anchor tenant is sold out... in fact 6 units are bought by the same person.... having stayed near the area for the past 20yrs ... really have my doubts on whether this East Village will generate enough human traffic to fetch the crazy rent "projections" the agents claim to be able to fetch(up to 25 bucks psf)...

$25psf! Hah hah I guess MM store with high rental? I also doubt it can fly coz mostly locals stay there n landed.

toiletsiao
28-03-12, 18:45
ask bro toiletsiao :D

If taking about 5 star hotel easily 1k sqf .... If talking about pearl center probably 300sqf ... Lol :cheers1:

toiletsiao
28-03-12, 18:49
$25psf! Hah hah I guess MM store with high rental? I also doubt it can fly coz mostly locals stay there n landed.
Ya loh ... Exactly ... Parking will be an issue too ... There is only 60 commercial car park lots n this is shared with visitor to the residences...there is no car park lots for commercial unit owners

minority
28-03-12, 18:50
how big is a toilet? i guess the 1xx sqft shops are sizes of a mama shop below the HDB?

Depends on how many cubical u need ? Option to knock down the partition for more space. Sell by per cubical formation.

Corner handicap cub cost more coz only 1 per location. N more spacious.

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 22:21
why is there an aggressive tv ad campaign on east village on ch8 (just saw it twice during 10 oclock news)? i thought mostly sold out liao?

price
28-03-12, 23:16
why is there an aggressive tv ad campaign on east village on ch8 (just saw it twice during 10 oclock news)? i thought mostly sold out liao?
Maybe they have already paid for it. Too late to back out? Like Watertown and PRW went on TV for weeks too

pod
30-03-12, 22:59
FIRST DAY LAUNCH ALREADY HOOT DRY DRY LIAO.. :cheers4:

See la.... herd mentality works... buy buy buy! Huat ar!

Wunder if authorities will BAN advance cheque collection in future... :doh:

DC33_2008
30-03-12, 23:01
Did not know 90% of Phase 1 Sold. :scared-2:
FIRST DAY LAUNCH ALREADY HOOT DRY DRY LIAO.. :cheers4:

See la.... herd mentality works... buy buy buy! Huat ar!

Wunder if authorities will BAN advance cheque collection in future... :doh:

pod
30-03-12, 23:06
Did not know 90% of Phase 1 Sold. :scared-2:

goodi good good...

Now the property there will hoot high high in mths to come...

Any residents staying nearby KEE CHIU! (RAISE HANDS!) :cheers4:

price
30-03-12, 23:25
Is this fully sold??? :beats-me-man:

pod
30-03-12, 23:39
Is this fully sold??? :beats-me-man:

i think left afew ultra small commercial units...

I think nia... so dun quote me..

The EV commercial actress very chiou hor? hehehe aiyo.. if she there i dun mind go the shwroom..

Daniel Foo
19-06-13, 13:00
Any update on this project? The sign outside East Village says that it will TOP by end of this year. The construction progress is moving very fast.

Santro
10-07-13, 13:53
I am also keeping a watch on this one. I heard their anchor tenant for commercial is Cold Storage. Freehold development surrounded by landed and new condos at Tanah Merah. It is walkable to Tanah Merah mrt though not as close as Optima and Urban Vista. Very good upside..:cool:

Any update on this project? The sign outside East Village says that it will TOP by end of this year. The construction progress is moving very fast.

chiaseed
12-08-13, 16:19
I am also keeping a watch on this one. I heard their anchor tenant for commercial is Cold Storage. Freehold development surrounded by landed and new condos at Tanah Merah. It is walkable to Tanah Merah mrt though not as close as Optima and Urban Vista. Very good upside..:cool:

Really hope that the anchor tenant is Cold Storage and the rest of the shops are of the same league as well.

clemdale24
12-08-13, 17:01
[QUOTE=Santro]
I am also keeping a watch on this one. I heard their anchor tenant for commercial is Cold Storage. Freehold development surrounded by landed and new condos at Tanah Merah. It is walkable to Tanah Merah mrt though not as close as Optima and Urban Vista. Very good upside..:cool: [/QUOTE

came to see the showflat when it was first launched.. i still remember the tv advertisement (rebecca lim) zzz

anyway i didnt buy it. i felt it was too far from mrt. is it really walkable?? it might take about 20min which is too far for me, and many others i guess. besides the simpang bedok market/ food centre nearby, what other facilities are there??

Kenshinto80
12-08-13, 23:15
[QUOTE=Santro]
I am also keeping a watch on this one. I heard their anchor tenant for commercial is Cold Storage. Freehold development surrounded by landed and new condos at Tanah Merah. It is walkable to Tanah Merah mrt though not as close as Optima and Urban Vista. Very good upside..:cool: [/QUOTE

came to see the showflat when it was first launched.. i still remember the tv advertisement (rebecca lim) zzz

anyway i didnt buy it. i felt it was too far from mrt. is it really walkable?? it might take about 20min which is too far for me, and many others i guess. besides the simpang bedok market/ food centre nearby, what other facilities are there??
Post office. Near to fire station.

clemdale24
13-08-13, 16:11
[QUOTE=clemdale24]
Post office. Near to fire station.

hahaha how will living in close proximity to a fire station be convenient to anyone in any possible way?

ecimbew
13-08-13, 16:47
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp80/cb722.jpg

East Village is partly on burial ground. But it is ok. It will be 'wang'. Good for business.

thomastansb
13-08-13, 17:26
When will east village TOP?

Santro
13-08-13, 22:00
Not sure of the TOP. I am not vested.
If you are looking from pure proximity to MRT then yes, Optima and the ones nearer to Tanah Merah MRT would be a better bet.
My personal view is this is mixed development which has its own charm in the neighbourhood. All shops are at same floor level with a quite a few F&B units. Freehold and close proximity to change business park. I used to work at CBP and quite a few of them mainly ang mohs, cycle or drive motorbikes. They don't mind not being near the MRT as long as work and makan place nearby.
The Bedok Market has aged so the new mall feel will definitely be a crowd puller as there is no mall at walkable distance with all the new condo coming around. I am considering either small residential or commercial units which would give good ROI for long term :cheers1: .

mcmlxxvi
14-08-13, 08:41
Not sure of the TOP. I am not vested.
If you are looking from pure proximity to MRT then yes, Optima and the ones nearer to Tanah Merah MRT would be a better bet.
My personal view is this is mixed development which has its own charm in the neighbourhood. All shops are at same floor level with a quite a few F&B units. Freehold and close proximity to change business park. I used to work at CBP and quite a few of them mainly ang mohs, cycle or drive motorbikes. They don't mind not being near the MRT as long as work and makan place nearby.
The Bedok Market has aged so the new mall feel will definitely be a crowd puller as there is no mall at walkable distance with all the new condo coming around. I am considering either small residential or commercial units which would give good ROI for long term :cheers1: .

look forward to welcome bro to mm club :)

Santro
14-08-13, 12:03
Thanks Bro :cool: . MM is the only affordable option going forward.

look forward to welcome bro to mm club :)

Daniel Foo
16-09-13, 12:23
Based on the construction progress so far, East Village should TOP before year end. The façade and external paint work is 70% done up.

Any inside source on the anchor tenant for East Village retail?

clemdale24
16-09-13, 17:21
Based on the construction progress so far, East Village should TOP before year end. The façade and external paint work is 70% done up.

Any inside source on the anchor tenant for East Village retail?

my bus passes by here every morning/evening. i will help u keep a look out.

SingaSling
10-10-13, 21:54
I own a commercial unit here. They already finished stage 6 of completion. Anchor tenant I was told is Cold Storage.

SingaSling
02-02-14, 19:36
Went over to the site 2 weeks back, the development seems to be almost done :cool:. Any idea of when the TOP is expected.
I checked the chart and payment-wise one more stage pending and then the TOP but no dates mentioned.

chiaseed
17-02-14, 11:43
Went over to the site 2 weeks back, the development seems to be almost done :cool:. Any idea of when the TOP is expected.
I checked the chart and payment-wise one more stage pending and then the TOP but no dates mentioned.

Hi SingaSling

Did you take any photo of the site during your recent visit? Please share. Thanks!

SingaSling
07-03-14, 23:10
yes, I did take photos but not sure how to load it here. Let me try and get it loaded.

Hi SingaSling

Did you take any photo of the site during your recent visit? Please share. Thanks!

SingaSling
26-03-14, 23:56
Got email from my lawyer confirming TOP. Cheers :D

DuaNehNehChioBu
28-03-14, 23:00

Enjoy your shitty place/location :rolleyes:

Kenshinto80
29-03-14, 01:52
Congrats on upcoming TOP! Excellent location. Nestled among private residences enclave. Can also just cross the road to eat the Famous Mee Pok at Simpang Bedok. The curry rice also superb.

kellogs
29-03-14, 23:40
Congrats on upcoming TOP! Excellent location. Nestled among private residences enclave. Can also just cross the road to eat the Famous Mee Pok at Simpang Bedok. The curry rice also superb.

What is the address for the curry rice and name of the stall pls

Kenshinto80
30-03-14, 16:03
What is the address for the curry rice and name of the stall pls
Opp Selegie bean curd, famous Mee Pok. Besides, the Mee Pok, Indian Roti Prata. Curry rice is besides the Prata.

SingaSling
30-03-14, 20:52
Thanks Kenshinto80!! :cheers1:

Kenshinto80
30-03-14, 21:18
Thanks Kenshinto80!! :cheers1:
Welcome! Lots of good food ard this area.

iwantgizmos
31-03-14, 05:30
any pics on the TOP?

SingaSling
31-03-14, 08:03
Havent taken pics after TOP. Maybe coming weekend.

any pics on the TOP?

kellogs
31-03-14, 23:32
I drove there this evening and unable to locate the mentioned curry rice stall. Any photo or unit number?

easteast
01-04-14, 01:48
I drove there this evening and unable to locate the mentioned curry rice stall. Any photo or unit number?
i think he mentioned about the bak cho mee stall .

kellogs
01-04-14, 10:15
i think he mentioned about the bak cho mee stall .

I walked into the bak chor mee stall coffee shop and there was no sign of any curry rice stall ...

I saw the indian store as well and next to it was not curry rice stall

fafalulu
01-04-14, 10:45
I walked into the bak chor mee stall coffee shop and there was no sign of any curry rice stall ...

ask for curry chicken rice @ Bak Chor Mee stall :)

kellogs
01-04-14, 21:03
ask for curry chicken rice @ Bak Chor Mee stall :)

ahh so it is curry chicken rice and it is not those hainanese curry rice?

In the end i went to joo chiat teochew porridge yum yum :)

Kenshinto80
01-04-14, 21:04

Bingo! You found the stall already. It sells noodles + many other items. Ask for curry chicken with rice. $5 normal size and $6 large size. I just had dinner there yesterday evening.

DuaNehNehChioBu
02-04-14, 06:54
Bingo! You found the stall already. It sells noodles + many other items. Ask for curry chicken with rice. $5 normal size and $6 large size. I just had dinner there yesterday evening.

Show us the picture. NPNT :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

chiaseed
08-04-14, 12:09
Someone sent me these pics.

SingaSling
09-04-14, 08:59
Thanks Chiaseed. I went over last week but couldnt get in. I was told that work is still ongoing and mall is not open.

Someone sent me these pics.

chiaseed
09-04-14, 15:10
Thanks Chiaseed. I went over last week but couldnt get in. I was told that work is still ongoing and mall is not open.

No problem, SingaSling. Were you there to collect keys? :)

SingaSling
09-04-14, 21:09
I went to take a look at the development. Collecting keys at a later date as the place is still locked up.

No problem, SingaSling. Were you there to collect keys? :)

Aquablade
10-06-14, 10:40
Hi, I am a genuine local looking to rent a unit at East Village. Any owners or anyone who is in contact with them, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Strictly NO AGENTS please. Thanks!

pod
14-10-14, 14:59
Walked into the commercial units at ground floor. Wa.. very poor thing.. so many units kosong. Rental mustbe very expensive hor?

thomastansb
14-10-14, 20:48
The units rental there is bad. 2.1k for a studio. Just barely breakeven.

Walked into the commercial units at ground floor. Wa.. very poor thing.. so many units kosong. Rental mustbe very expensive hor?

clemdale24
14-10-14, 23:14
not surprising la. apart from being super close to a number of 24 hour coffee shops and decent food.. theres really not much else going on in this location. its not walkable to tanah merah mrt either. buses however there are a few.

the usual patrons for these new shops at eastvillage will be those residents in the area only. cold storage will survive. others, im not too certain.

fiat500
15-10-14, 00:47
The units rental there is bad. 2.1k for a studio. Just barely breakeven.
2.1k is asking price only...
Eventually would go below 2k.
This project is not in a good location apart from having good eateries nearby.

thomastansb
15-10-14, 10:12
I mean transacted price at 2.1k. But no MRT, suburban MM sized studio, what can we expect right? Breakeven every month good liao.

2.1k is asking price only...
Eventually would go below 2k.
This project is not in a good location apart from having good eateries nearby.

westin
15-10-14, 13:08
If only this place can be transformed into holland village, with ang mos.... then it will be a different story...
The 2nd storey hawker now defunct, wonder any plans to rejuvenate this place...

fiat500
15-10-14, 13:50
If only this place can be transformed into holland village, with ang mos.... then it will be a different story...
The 2nd storey hawker now defunct, wonder any plans to rejuvenate this place...
Mat rock area more likely! At night u will see large groups of them congregating there...

westin
15-10-14, 14:19
Yeah, rock on.... :rugby:

Holland village wannabe dream dashed...........

Santro
01-01-15, 22:28
I visited one of the restaurant here a few days back...No parking lot available at the open carpark so forced to park at the mall basement. I would say the commercial units especially the ones near to the Bedok Walk road entrance have very good potential...All shops are at the ground level and anchor tenant to pull the crowd..quite a few ang mohs around and Cold Storage was crowded too. But a lot of empty shops. Maybe the owners got holding power and don't want to negotiate rent :doh:.

bigbear
02-01-15, 05:05
even with cheap rent, the business may not work cos that place caters to residents nearby. no one will shop or go there for shopping. its a waste of time to operate a business.

thomastansb
02-01-15, 09:47
Very hard to sustain la. Not enough people staying there. 1KM radius, less than 2000 households.

Supermarket still ok but other shops might be in trouble. Especially those fashion related shops. Who will go there and shop? Restaurant depends also. There are huge competitions around that area and their competitors are paying much lower rent. So rental has to be on par with those surrounding places.

even with cheap rent, the business may not work cos that place caters to residents nearby. no one will shop or go there for shopping. its a waste of time to operate a business.

Santro
03-01-15, 18:24
This was exactly my thinking when I looked at this development about 2 years back. :devilish: too ulu to make money. Gave it a miss at that time. Business like Cold Storage, Hong Kong Street etc wont select a flop location where they don't see the potential to make money.
Found this mall directory online - a very good mix of occupants..

http://www.east-village.sg/mall-directory/

thomastansb
03-01-15, 23:22
I won't say it is a flop location but it is too ulu and competition is very intense there. Number of residents there also not that many so difficult to sustain. Maybe weekend more people but still, hard to sustain.

This was exactly my thinking when I looked at this development about 2 years back. :devilish: too ulu to make money. Gave it a miss at that time. Business like Cold Storage, Hong Kong Street etc wont select a flop location where they don't see the potential to make money.
Found this mall directory online - a very good mix of occupants..

http://www.east-village.sg/mall-directory/

JNSYN
04-01-15, 05:28
Visited EastVillage two months back, phone reception is totally cut when inside the commercial area. Has this issue been soon?

invigorated
04-01-15, 16:45
I won't say it is a flop location but it is too ulu and competition is very intense there. Number of residents there also not that many so difficult to sustain. Maybe weekend more people but still, hard to sustain.
True, competition is rife with giant aka cold storage own lesser sibling just opposite. They are trying to suit a different clientele base I guess but when I went a month ago, many shops were vacant but the Chinese restaurant there seems to be coping fine. Not sure how much has changed then but I'm not too optimistic as the location isn't quite there to attract enough shoppers, imho.

Santro
10-01-15, 20:14
Thank you all for your comments...I went during the Christmas week, so possible that it felt more vibrant. Will recce this development again next week. :cheers5:

Santro
01-02-15, 22:18
I got a chance to checkout East Village commercial a few days back. Quite a few empty units and a long way to go for full occupancy.
I spent time studying the development and here are my views.
The few businesses with steady stream of patrons were:
1. Cold Storage – I didn’t see shoppers buying trolley load of goods heading towards car park/ car pickup-dropoff area but the business was moving. The majority of crowd was expat, walking towards the bus stop and Casa Merah, Optima side.
2. Restaurants - facing the main road.
3. Laundry Services – Saw patrons at iPark Laundry (#01-33) which seemed to be doing well. Their brochures stated home pick-up services and also monthly packages.
4. Alteration Services – (#01-32 if I am not wrong) forgot the shop name.
5. Manicure/Pedicure – Steady flow of customers.
Also saw one of the shops beside Time Table (#01-01) conducting cookery lessons for kids which was interesting.
Spoke to few agents there to hear their marketing pitch. Some shops moved business from Bedok Shopping Complex and they expect more customers once the condos near Tanah Merah mrt is completed. One also mentioned Bedok Shopping Complex lease nearing end. Human traffic-wise, shops near the first entrance towards Bedok Walk were doing well. They expect the business to pick up pace as there is no other new shopping/dining options walkable for the tenants renting in nearby condos.
Not making any investment for now but I like the freehold status, new shops which is within my budget, all shops in ground floor and reputable anchor tenant. If at all I invest here, it has to be an already tenanted shop..else its going to be a long wait for tenants to bite. :topsy_turvy:

Kelonguni
02-02-15, 15:37
I personally think MMs and mixed developments go very well. No place to hang clothes and no time to dry clothes - sub it out, especially if they collect at doorstep. No time to cook - eat anywhere nearby or downstairs. Groceries all downstairs, can even leave fridge empty.