PDA

View Full Version : Bedok South Ave 3, LH99 plot

latour
10-02-12, 08:31
Bedok South site gets S$345.9m top bid

A residential site at Bedok South Avenue 3 attracted seven bids at the close of tender yesterday, with the top one of S$345.9 million coming from a consortium comprising FE Lakeside, Frasers Centrepoint’s FCL Topaz and Sekisui House Singapore.
The best bid translates to about S$534 per sq foot per plot ratio, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said. Mr Lee Sze Teck, senior manager of research and consultancy at property firm DWG, said the developers’ breakeven at that rate would be about S$900 to S$950 psf ppr. He estimated the selling price at S$1,100 to S$1,150 psf ppr.
“The bid reflects the developers’ confidence in the mass market and their view that if there’s a downside (to the market), it will be very short and they can hold out and launch near that price,” he added.
The 99-year leasehold site located near Tanah Merah Interchange was made available under the Confirmed List of the Government Land Sales Programme. Occupying nearly 2.9 ha, the site can yield about 595 condominium units.

The URA will award the tender at a later date.
Source : Today – 10 Feb 2012

latour
10-02-12, 08:34
The same developer as Watertown?

rymccondo77
10-02-12, 10:47
Yup, same developer as Watertown.

latour
10-02-12, 10:55
Yup, same developer as Watertown.

Bid aware now, 6 months preparation, launch in Q3'12?
In 6 months time, with a few others launching in the East and North-East for mass-market, avg of $1,100 to $1,200 /psf anytime for this site, given their success presumely.

radha08
10-02-12, 11:49
sure sold out....5 mins to tanah merah mrt...BUT not facing MRT track...:cheers1:

ppty
10-02-12, 12:20
5mins ? its abt 550-600 meters away

use the measure tool in onemap

http://www.onemap.sg

sure sold out....5 mins to tanah merah mrt...BUT not facing MRT track...:cheers1:

mcmlxxvi
10-02-12, 12:56
anyone wanna guess the name? waterhill?

Worsty
10-02-12, 13:03

You can't cover 550-600 metres in 5mins?

Chillyred888
10-02-12, 13:08
Good or bad depends on which stack u chose.
Example, optima has 3/4 of the entire project not facing mrt track.

august
10-02-12, 13:44

if u take the edge of the plot and measure along the main rd, distance is less than 370 metres.

blackpepperj
10-02-12, 14:33
There are at least 2 more plots of land under GLS next to TM MRT (1 confirmed, 1 reserve list) and the speculated commercial plot next to Optima. FEO is back in the area with this development, i wonder how this is going to play out. Does FEO have any mall in the East?

latour
10-02-12, 16:07

WaterCourt - next to Bedok court.

latour
10-02-12, 16:12

Just a comparison between this plot (LH99, and with assumed $/psf) and another FH project :-

1) Would you pay $1200 psf for this LH99 project, 600m from mrt?
2) or pay $900 psf for a FH project, 900m (maybe 1km) from mrt?

flagship74
10-02-12, 16:13

probably he run..:D

Montaigne
10-02-12, 17:11
Just a comparison between this plot (LH99, and with assumed $/psf) and another FH project :-

1) Would you pay $1200 psf for this LH99 project, 600m from mrt?
2) or pay $900 psf for a FH project, 900m (maybe 1km) from mrt?
900m barely can walk. Will pay $1k psf if fh 700m from mrt.

howgozit
11-02-12, 09:03

..Hilliest

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 14:09
FEO has began wk on the site, it is being boarded up already. What's the guesstimate for price now that Optima is selling at $1100psf?

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 14:13
Sky Habitat should be called 天空之城
This one ... how about 海之雾 Sea Dew

too bad blocked by Bedok Court in front

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 14:43
Sky Habitat should be called 天空之城
This one ... how about 海之雾 Sea Dew

too bad blocked by Bedok Court in front

Name is

South Dew
雾锁南洋

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 14:55
Name is

South Dew
雾锁南洋

hmm ... that is creative but too negative 锁 sounds like too many problems

South Dew is ok though

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 10:50
hmm ... that is creative but too negative 锁 sounds like too many problems

South Dew is ok though

Hahaha ... It is really board up to v close proximity w Bedok Court. This is another option for me vs Archi? I think possibly gonna be more ex since it's near TM MRT and also in a better location comparatively? Plus it's FEO, so I can expect Seahill kind of 1300psf??? Lolx!

zeamybro
01-06-12, 11:44
Hahaha ... It is really board up to v close proximity w Bedok Court. This is another option for me vs Archi? I think possibly gonna be more ex since it's near TM MRT and also in a better location comparatively? Plus it's FEO, so I can expect Seahill kind of 1300psf??? Lolx!

Yeah bakasa .. i think this could be a good choice for you to consider too.. for rental its near MRT and CBP.. for own stay its near HDB with basic amenities. But end of the day u must like the project, the environment and the 'feel' must be right la... If really keen, go for the VVIP so that u can get the best prices.

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 15:29
Yeah bakasa .. i think this could be a good choice for you to consider too.. for rental its near MRT and CBP.. for own stay its near HDB with basic amenities. But end of the day u must like the project, the environment and the 'feel' must be right la... If really keen, go for the VVIP so that u can get the best prices.

Not sure when that is gonna be ... Maybe early next year I suppose, but at FEO kind of pricing it's likely to be 1100-1200psf at the most optimistic and also the type of layout/room sizes is also another ? .... :)

Archi is about 1100psf and Bedok Residences is 1300+ psf, Optima about 1100psf TOP-ing soon, I seriously doubt it will be affordable from FEO! Lolx! :)

phantom_opera
01-06-12, 16:18
Not sure when that is gonna be ... Maybe early next year I suppose, but at FEO kind of pricing it's likely to be 1100-1200psf at the most optimistic and also the type of layout/room sizes is also another ? .... :)

Archi is about 1100psf and Bedok Residences is 1300+ psf, Optima about 1100psf TOP-ing soon, I seriously doubt it will be affordable from FEO! Lolx! :)

FEO always set record breaking psf when location is good ... they will probably name this Silversea II as it has golf / seaview towards south east, trust me, it is awesome as I have seen it from Vista 8 high floor b4

and many will be SOHO so expect average psf to be 1400

SILVERSEA MARINE PARADE ROAD Condominium 1 5,920,200 2,530 Strata 2,340psf Nov-11

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
01-06-12, 21:11
Given the location in the hdb town with most nos of elderly, it shall be called

Golden Sea

Alternative: Platinum Sea

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 21:33
FEO always set record breaking psf when location is good ... they will probably name this Silversea II as it has golf / seaview towards south east, trust me, it is awesome as I have seen it from Vista 8 high floor b4

and many will be SOHO so expect average psf to be 1400

SILVERSEA MARINE PARADE ROAD Condominium 1 5,920,200 2,530 Strata 2,340psf Nov-11

That's why I am not so hopeful. I am afraid it will become another Euhabitat w SOHO, Suites, Condo and maybe now no more townhouses ... It's complicated, just want a place that is in a gd location and near to amenities. My heart sank when FEO won the tender ... :(

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 21:34
Given the location in the hdb town with most nos of elderly, it shall be called

Golden Sea

Alternative: Platinum Sea

Large part of view is blocked by Bedok Court I suppose, so maybe limited seaview, only those facing Bedok Road side overlooking the hill? Maybe can use - South Sound? Hahahahha ...

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
01-06-12, 21:57
Large part of view is blocked by Bedok Court I suppose, so maybe limited seaview, only those facing Bedok Road side overlooking the hill? Maybe can use - South Sound? Hahahahha ...

Southern Sea

Nice?

Tripp
01-06-12, 21:58
The FEO Bedok South project is called Eco.

pod
02-06-12, 20:40
This site is not bad.

Seriously, those site beside MRT is not necessary better. When the MRT arrives.. its REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD! :D

bakasa2002
02-06-12, 21:17
This site is not bad.

Seriously, those site beside MRT is not necessary better. When the MRT arrives.. its REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD! :D

You will hear GONG GONG GONG, then if it breakdown, you will have people standing at your condo gates. Hehehehe ...

pod
05-06-12, 14:54
You will hear GONG GONG GONG, then if it breakdown, you will have people standing at your condo gates. Hehehehe ...

Bingo :D hahahahahhaha

latour
09-06-12, 15:01
White fencing work at plot started...

bakasa2002
11-06-12, 11:28
As bro Tripp has update, the proj name is most likely to be ECO. Saw that being updated on onemap.sg :)

howgozit
11-06-12, 12:02
IMHO,

location better than Optima, closer to market and shops and partial shielding of MRT by Tanah Merah hill... yet close enough walk to the MRT

bakasa2002
11-06-12, 13:42
IMHO,

location better than Optima, closer to market and shops and partial shielding of MRT by Tanah Merah hill... yet close enough walk to the MRT

yeap, definitely better than optima for staying though it is a longer distance. Don't think there will be a route to cut thru the hill, perhaps have to walk along Bedok South Rd, then turn at New Upper Changi Rd, should take less than 10mins. :)

phantom_opera
11-06-12, 13:47
yeap, definitely better than optima for staying though it is a longer distance. Don't think there will be a route to cut thru the hill, perhaps have to walk along Bedok South Rd, then turn at New Upper Changi Rd, should take less than 10mins. :)

there is a small road through the hill through the landed housing

howgozit
11-06-12, 22:02
Plenty of landed gems there

latour
12-06-12, 10:20
As bro Tripp has update, the proj name is most likely to be ECO. Saw that being updated on onemap.sg :)

Its most likely to be call - Eco.
But I dun think it will be 'Eco' to the wallet/bank account (haha!)... when is the estimated launch date and $/psf, any guess?

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 10:37

Yeap, there is a pathway but as part of the site is a on a slope, will they actually bill on that height or flatten it all to just same level as the ground. Any idea?

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 10:38
Its most likely to be call - Eco.
But I dun think it will be 'Eco' to the wallet/bank account (haha!)... when is the estimated launch date and $/psf, any guess?

Well, speculation is b4 yr end as place already boarded up. My guess is it will be from 11xx to 12xx at least. Maybe those overlooking landed w high flr will get sea view? :)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
12-06-12, 10:48
Not to be party pooper but this opposite it might make potential buyers think twice?

http://www.tnp.sg/content/behind-page-one-underpivileged-and-overcrowed?page=0%2C221

NIMBY syndrome aside, they may be poor but they are friendly and nice at least.

august
12-06-12, 12:37
Each family only pays up to $300 per month for a room (as opposed to the market rate is $500 – $600). But there is a catch, two families share a three-room unit, a practice HDB said is meant to help keep rent prices low.

i think this is sheer profiteering on the part of HDB. Inhumane to say the least.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
12-06-12, 12:40
i think this is sheer profiteering on the part of HDB. Inhumane to say the least.

In the same way, developers keep costs low by building shoebox units. Equally evil.

phantom_opera
12-06-12, 21:05
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 1,160,000 947 Strata 1,225psf May-12

finally breached 1200psf ..good for FEO

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 21:44
OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 1,160,000 947 Strata 1,225psf May-12

finally breached 1200psf ..good for FEO

I think FEO prices will be inhumane for this proj. Hahahaha ... In a way, it is not that far a walk from MRT yet shield from the train noise. On the other hand, it will be quite near to the nearby mkt/hawker centre, so I expect FEO to start it from 1200psf. :)

phantom bro, wanna ask you when reported Seahill proj is 1300psf, is that before discount? Just want to know how FEO play w their pricing, cos' I understand they can give like 20% off w all the rebates and all ... ;)

phantom_opera
12-06-12, 21:47
I think FEO prices will be inhumane for this proj. Hahahaha ... In a way, it is not that far a walk from MRT yet shield from the train noise. On the other hand, it will be quite near to the nearby mkt/hawker centre, so I expect FEO to start it from 1200psf. :)

phantom bro, wanna ask you when reported Seahill proj is 1300psf, is that before discount? Just want to know how FEO play w their pricing, cos' I understand they can give like 20% off w all the rebates and all ... ;)

depends on whether got furniture voucher ...typically the caveats are a few % higher depends on how much furniture voucher they give ... other than that, all other discounts should have been factored into the caveat price

is this the first SOHO in D16?? then sure inhumane liao lah ... Hillsta also > 1100psf liao

howgozit
12-06-12, 22:08
I think the location is better than Optima and would even dare say better than Bedok Residences too. Compared to BR this location is more "private" seperated from HDB with Bedok South Ave 3, unlike BR which is nestled in the midst of HDB. But at the same time there is still easy access to the HDB amenities just across the road.

1200-1300psf is not unimaginable

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 22:34
I think the location is better than Optima and would even dare say better than Bedok Residences too. Compared to BR this location is more "private" seperated from HDB with Bedok South Ave 3, unlike BR which is nestled in the midst of HDB. But at the same time there is still easy access to the HDB amenities just across the road.

1200-1300psf is not unimaginable
BR is integrated, so might appeal to those who want the conveniences. This ECO proj is definitely more livable, provided FEO do not pack the site and leave more open spaces and less blocks, but I think their track record v hard lah ... Hehehehe ... :)

hyenergix
12-06-12, 22:37
BR is integrated, so might appeal to those who want the conveniences. This ECO proj is definitely more livable, provided FEO do not pack the site and leave more open spaces and less blocks, but I think their track record v hard lah ... Hehehehe ... :)

There is a possibility that FEO is giving 20%+10%+20%+15%+3%+1% discount, and the final selling price is $1500 psf.

howgozit
12-06-12, 22:42
The 5 blocks were SERsed and temporarily used as HDB rental units, so this is not a long term thing.

Btw, I thought the 5 blocks in Bedok South are not part of the IRH program and are rented out to foreigners. They were refurbished and had new aircons installed. Blk 47-50 are 4rm HDB flats while Blk 46 is a 3rm flat. From what I have seen, blk 47-50 houses mainly families whilst Blk 46 houses a lot of the foreign students.

There is even an aircon management office on the ground floor of bBk46 that has all the fineries of a well-established and well-runned rental agency.

The main tenants appear to be PRCs, Fillipinos and some Indians... I don't see any down on their luck Singaporean families there. I could be wrong though.....

Not to be party pooper but this opposite it might make potential buyers think twice?

http://www.tnp.sg/content/behind-page-one-underpivileged-and-overcrowed?page=0%2C221

NIMBY syndrome aside, they may be poor but they are friendly and nice at least.

howgozit
12-06-12, 22:50
Agree.....

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 22:59
There is a possibility that FEO is giving 20%+10%+20%+15%+3%+1% discount, and the final selling price is $1500 psf.

Wah, cannot be ba .... I was really keen about this site until FEO clinch it. Hahaha ... Perhaps I should go back and look at UOL's Archipelago cos' it's for own stay? Better quality and less ridiculous pricing? :P

hyenergix
12-06-12, 23:05
U like so much shd juz bite e bullet n buy. Else everytime u drool every time u go pass e project. Holding power of archi buyers r v good hor. Most plan ahead to hold until TOP which is when MRT also nearly TOP. Then price jump but u dun jump into e reservoir hor.

phantom_opera
12-06-12, 23:08
Est breakeven cost is 922psf

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 23:17
U like so much shd juz bite e bullet n buy. Else everytime u drool every time u go pass e project. Holding power of archi buyers r v good hor. Most plan ahead to hold until TOP which is when MRT also nearly TOP. Then price jump but u dun jump into e reservoir hor.

Hahaha ... Why jump into reservoir cos' price might not jump when MRT TOP?

3bdr estimate 1150sqf x 1200psf = 1.38mil? Optimistic? :)

phantom_opera
12-06-12, 23:23

3br quantum is too high nowadays, it is almost like we are holding banana money ..... either inflation has made 1.38mil more like 800-900k 10y ago or we are near the peak of the cycle, of course answer is somewhere in between depends on the outcome of macro :cheers6:

Hillsta @ 1333psf ... really inhumane

hyenergix
13-06-12, 06:18

Likely to have slight increase in psf after MRT has TOP. But I suppose for self-stay any increase is not relevant.

bakasa2002
13-06-12, 10:55
Likely to have slight increase in psf after MRT has TOP. But I suppose for self-stay any increase is not relevant.

In this sense, this proj is a better stay cum investment but I m sure FEO has already factor that into the price, doubt it will be cheaper than Archi. Ironically if you drive, Archi has better connectivity to expressways and if you don't this ECO proj is actually well connected along New Upper Changi Rd and possibly good rental catchment for those working in CBP.

howgozit
13-06-12, 11:32
In this sense, this proj is a better stay cum investment but I m sure FEO has already factor that into the price, doubt it will be cheaper than Archi. Ironically if you drive, Archi has better connectivity to expressways and if you don't this ECO proj is actually well connected along New Upper Changi Rd and possibly good rental catchment for those working in CBP.

IMHO Archi's expressway connectivity is not better

Wild Falcon
13-06-12, 14:20
How can it be? HDB rental flats is so hard to get and our garmen actually rent the subsidised rentals to PRC, Filipinoes and Indians? No wonder so many people upset with PAP. Chase Singaporeans out and rent to foreigners?

The 5 blocks were SERsed and temporarily used as HDB rental units, so this is not a long term thing.

Btw, I thought the 5 blocks in Bedok South are not part of the IRH program and are rented out to foreigners. They were refurbished and had new aircons installed. Blk 47-50 are 4rm HDB flats while Blk 46 is a 3rm flat. From what I have seen, blk 47-50 houses mainly families whilst Blk 46 houses a lot of the foreign students.

There is even an aircon management office on the ground floor of bBk46 that has all the fineries of a well-established and well-runned rental agency.

The main tenants appear to be PRCs, Fillipinos and some Indians... I don't see any down on their luck Singaporean families there. I could be wrong though.....

Tripp
18-06-12, 13:57
Found a hit from my trusty web-crawler...

http://www.fareast.com.sg/Residential/For-Sale/Properties-By-Name/eCO.aspx

Notice the use/play of the word "eCO".

http://www.fareast.com.sg/Residential/For-Sale/Properties-By-Name/~/media/Images/FEO/eCo/eCoBanner1.jpg

phantom_opera
18-06-12, 14:28
eCO SOHO best koyo

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 14:42
Wow, time to mkt really v fast, won tender in Feb to launch in Sep/Oct? .... They are building on the success to make this the nx WT or Euhabitat, so that by yr end, they can intro another 'celebration offer' w more discounts. :)

latour
18-06-12, 15:49
For now, i think we can expect this ECO project to come onto the market 'fast and furious' depending on demand and take-up rate, FEO (and gang) will then hold the price... nothing new in tactics! i guess.

phantom_opera
18-06-12, 15:57
Sky habitat of the east, price will be clOse to bedok residences, Soho or loft sea and goft course view will be better than seahill

Tripp
18-06-12, 15:59
FEO taking a breather here... No more OCR plots in its landbank I reckon, apart from this Bedok South Ave 3 plot & the one at Tampines Ave 10.

By looking at its project title eCO, one can already guess that the development will be ecology-themed, i.e. landscaped ponds, man-made rivers/waterfalls, jungle/park-feel etc.

Not forgetting the usual creepy-crawlies that come with them. Anyone loves Dragonflies? Beetles? Snakes? Lizards?

This is the SeaHill/The Hillier of the East.

ozcraze
18-06-12, 16:53
FEO taking a breather here... No more OCR plots in its landbank I reckon, apart from this Bedok South Ave 3 plot & the one at Tampines Ave 10.

By looking at its project title eCO, one can already guess that the development will be ecology-themed, i.e. landscaped ponds, man-made rivers/waterfalls, jungle/park-feel etc.

Not forgetting the usual creepy-crawlies that come with them. Anyone loves Dragonflies? Beetles? Snakes? Lizards?

U mean it'll be Seahill & Hillier's SOHO and small units concept? :eek:

Tripp
18-06-12, 18:03
I meant being the new psf price leader in D16, akin to SeaHill/The Hillier's new record breaking psf prices in their respective districts.

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 21:48
Sky habitat of the east, price will be clOse to bedok residences, Soho or loft sea and goft course view will be better than seahill

Hahahhahaha. 1300psf? I am looking forward to record breaking pricing from feo!

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 21:49

Sounds a bit like archipelago sans the reservoir.

dereksg
13-07-12, 01:24
More information is on the way !

:cheers4:

http://www.ecobedoksouth.net