PDA

View Full Version : Sun Plaza - A Mismanaged Mall by Koh Brothers

solsys
31-01-12, 21:29
I think Sun Plaza in Sembawang is one of the most mismanaged malls in Singapore.:mad:

It's long due for at the bare minimum a new coat of paint and polishing of its tiles.

A decent makeover should at least be planned.

But given that it is under Koh Brothers and not Frasers or Capitaland, nothing will be done.

KBW! Do something for the Sembawang residents! At least have a decent mall for Sembawang MRT. :D

Eastboy
31-01-12, 21:37
I think Sun Plaza in Sembawang is one of the most mismanaged malls in Singapore.:mad:

It's long due for at the bare minimum a new coat of paint and polishing of its tiles.

But given that it is under Koh Brothers and not Frasers or Capitaland, nothing will be done.

KBW! Do something for the Sembawang residents! At least have a decent mall for Sembawang MRT. :D

yah i hope you all northerners get something like I12 Katong - the makeover now Katong is a very huat area. Huat ah! Yay! :D

flagship74
31-01-12, 21:52

I rather concern on the price of merchandiser than appearance:2cents:

solsys
31-01-12, 22:22
I rather concern on the price of merchandiser than appearance:2cents:

Don't think prices of goods in the mall are any cheaper there than anywhere else.

Keeping the place clean, walls clean is the bare minimum.

Lighting also need to redo, place looks dim even in the mall.

Eco saving (dimmed lights) shouldn't be at expense of patrons eyes.

Northpoint, Causeway Point upgraded. Even Yishun Hub is rejuvenated.

What is Koh Brothers doing? Come on. Sell Sun Plaza and focus on your construction business.

Pro888
31-01-12, 22:34
Don't think prices of goods in the mall are any cheaper there than anywhere else.

Keeping the place clean, walls clean is the bare minimum.

Lighting also need to redo, place looks dim even in the mall.

Eco saving (dimmed lights) shouldn't be at expense of patrons eyes.

Northpoint, Causeway Point upgraded. Even Yishun Hub is rejuvenated.

What is Koh Brothers doing? Come on. Sell Sun Plaza and focus on your construction business.

Landlord will look into their income first. "Giving back" is another thing. Koh Bro :tsk-tsk: unlike Big Boys Fraser, CMA etc.

Even SSC also upgraded.

mantrix
01-02-12, 10:01
Sun Plaza is actually a great residence - next to MRT and on top of mall.

Too bad the condition of the mall kept prices depressed, else this has potential to go past 1k psf.

But it really depends if they want to spend money for an overhaul.

focus
01-02-12, 13:34

Too bad the condition of the mall kept prices depressed, else this has potential to go past 1k psf.

Again..it's thge same thing with Sim Lim Sq, Paradise Cente(or is it called Parklane) and Far East Plaza..
The shop lots are owned by individual owners.

solsys
01-02-12, 19:23
Life lobbies need repainting work, doors need repainting as well.

How much does it cost to paint anyway?

zzz1
01-02-12, 20:02

Displite that , the rental demand is very high. Owner don have difficulty renting any time..

rattydrama
01-02-12, 20:07
Again..it's thge same thing with Sim Lim Sq, Paradise Cente(or is it called Parklane) and Far East Plaza..
The shop lots are owned by individual owners.
is that true? I read somewhere is owned by family taycoon and collecting rental, only the apartment are sold to individuals.
Not too long ago, there was an acquisition talk but did not fall true.

Guess they dont need the $ and waiting for the golden hen to hatch.

The apartment can be rented out easily with good rental yield. I once was keen in this too.

zzz1
01-02-12, 20:07

Dose e movies theatre still closed ?

rattydrama
01-02-12, 20:17
Dose e movies theatre still closed ?

yes for years!

mantrix
01-02-12, 20:18
yes for years!

cos of you know what :D

zzz1
01-02-12, 20:49
yes for years!
and years to come..:D :D

zzz1
01-02-12, 20:52
is that true? I read somewhere is owned by family taycoon and collecting rental, only the apartment are sold to individuals.

The apartment can be rented out easily with good rental yield. I once was keen in this too.
now the rental of 1300 sf, 3 bedder, partial furnish is asking about $3.5 k...

focus
01-02-12, 21:07

Paisay... never read properly... SunShine Plaza... not Sun Plaza

rattydrama
02-02-12, 17:59
Paisay... never read properly... SunShine Plaza... not Sun Plaza

all forumers will benefit from us. :-) who is the developer for sunshine plaza?
koh brothers?

KarenK
03-02-12, 08:22
cos of you know what :D

I don't know what......pray enlighten me........ :ashamed1:

solsys
04-02-12, 18:29
all forumers will benefit from us. :-) who is the developer for sunshine plaza?
koh brothers?

Sun Plaza is Koh Brothers.

Sunshine Plaza not sure but retail tenants geared to NAFA students.

mlvlee
04-02-12, 18:58
In fact the whole Sembawang area is the worst development as compared to other new town, no swimiming pool, no sport centre.... even woodland is better than Sembawang now. No wonder the HDB price for Sembawang area is the cheapest in Singapore. HDB, MP wake up!

Pro888
04-02-12, 19:45
In fact the whole Sembawang area is the worst development as compared to other new town, no swimiming pool, no sport centre.... even woodland is better than Sembawang now. No wonder the HDB price for Sembawang area is the cheapest in Singapore. HDB, MP wake up!

Go for meet the people session as KBW is there. Press hard for it. The $500 mil to upgrade SBW.

The proposed Recreational Ctr is opposite Nautical where the showflat is now.

Also Solsys also mentioned abt Sun Plaza. :doh: :banghead:

solsys
05-02-12, 11:41
Go for meet the people session as KBW is there. Press hard for it. The $500 mil to upgrade SBW.

The proposed Recreational Ctr is opposite Nautical where the showflat is now.

Also Solsys also mentioned abt Sun Plaza. :doh: :banghead:

I remember emailing to the Sembawang GRC sometime ago,

Excerpt from KBW's representative reply to the $500 million for Sembawang GRC replied recently.......

The bulk of $500 million consists of the various upgrading programmes such as the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP), for the public housing in our town. *

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

We will progressively inform residents through our quarterly newsletter – Hearttalk. Meanwhile, we have featured an article on the upgrading of Sembawang Park (Page 16-17) in our latest issue of Hearttalk

------------------

S$500 million just to upgrade HDB, park, school, mosque, police station?

I think North needs another hawker centre other than Chong Pang.

As what bro mvlee mentioned, need swimming pool.

If MP for Sembawang GRC is smart.... they should do series of weekly events, i.e.

1. EAT LUNCH - Build a hawker centre, next to Sun Plaza (the bus interchange is also dead quiet, come on.... make us of this land.)

2. SHOP - Create a Flea market (choose from a empty piece of land or carpark that Woodlands, Yishun doesn't have.

3. EAT DINNER - Create a series of nice cafes at Sembawang Park (Upgrade without any food is useless)

4. Make it a pitstop for a day of leisure for Singaporeans.

Rustic but filled with activities should be the mission.

Now it's rustic and nothing else.....At least make it worthwhile for young couples to have a romp. More babies, why not?

Even most activities revolve between Yishun, Woodlands, i.e. Gambas and Seletar Airport stretch...

USE YOUR BRAIN MPs! :hell-hath-no-fury:

We expect more from you especially we are paying so much for your salary! :simmering:

xemz127
09-02-12, 13:38
meaning still hopeless for the big changes in sembawang even though KBW is the boss of MND... :beats-me-man:

Pro888
10-02-12, 00:42
meaning still hopeless for the big changes in sembawang even though KBW is the boss of MND... :beats-me-man:

Most of the activity will happen in the town ctr. By looking at the available land for development at the town ctr, Sembawang & CCK have the smallest plot. Unless some changes to the next masterplan, otherwise very limited. After Sembwang Rd shuld be ok (nearer to SSC)

Yishun, Punggol (excluding Waterpt) & Bishan (junction 8) will have another shopping mall. Opp Tenah Merah mrt will also has one. Dun be surprise a Hillier type of project near Yishun Sapphire. :D

xemz127
10-02-12, 09:07
Most of the activity will happen in the town ctr. By looking at the available land for development at the town ctr, Sembawang & CCK have the smallest plot. Unless some changes to the next masterplan, otherwise very limited. After Sembwang Rd shuld be ok (nearer to SSC)

Yishun, Punggol (excluding Waterpt) & Bishan (junction 8) will have another shopping mall. Opp Tenah Merah mrt will also has one. Dun be surprise a Hillier type of project near Yishun Sapphire. :D

True that about the large plot area of SSC land parcel.. just went there yesterday and the land clearing activity is in progress just behind the CR and Nautical.. the road connecting the YS and YE to CR will be very near in the future.. the land beside the track was also cleared already.. maybe in 4-6 years time the "NS12 Simpang" MRT will be announced? :cool:

mlvlee
10-02-12, 10:11
True that about the large plot area of SSC land parcel.. just went there yesterday and the land clearing activity is in progress just behind the CR and Nautical.. the road connecting the YS and YE to CR will be very near in the future.. the land beside the track was also cleared already.. maybe in 4-6 years time the "NS12 Simpang" MRT will be announced? :cool:

After 16 years of development in Sembawang area. We have the run down Sun Plaza mall, poorly connecting bus interchange (DEPOT?), NO town centre, NO Sport recreational centre, lousy inconvenience wet market, no full banking service counter (Except tiny OCBC bank)...:sleep: and the old folk home to be built besides the HDB blocks! :banghead: Looks like MND pay more attention on Punggol area.....so much development there!

xemz127
10-02-12, 10:18
After 16 years of development in Sembawang area. We have the run down Sun Plaza mall, poorly connecting bus interchange (DEPOT?), NO town centre, NO Sport recreational centre, lousy inconvenience wet market, no full banking service counter (Except tiny OCBC bank)...:sleep: and the old folk home to be built besides the HDB blocks! :banghead: Looks like MND pay more attention on Punggol area.....so much development there!

looking back the history... President Tony Tan was the sembawang MP... now KBW is the sembawang MP.. i think the sembawang ppl should really make more noise why they are left behind all the developments in sg.. :simmering:

solsys
10-02-12, 12:03

Most activities are in Yishun, Woodlands when it comes to ammenities.

I think Sembawang should have a concrete plan instead of just upgrading park and HDB, I.e. a rustic and fun town.

If Tony Tan is now President and former MP for Sembawang, he should do something.

Pro888
10-02-12, 12:24

No PC in Sembawang estate.

Sengkang, CCK, Punggol, Woodlands everywhere got PC, only Sembawang.

Facilities, IMO, should be built concurrently with the housing developmt.

hopeful
10-02-12, 12:25

cannot be so obvious. wait for a few more years then Sembawang will have 3 MRT stations, just like MBT and Tampines.

xemz127
10-02-12, 12:25
Most activities are in Yishun, Woodlands when it comes to ammenities.

I think Sembawang should have a concrete plan instead of just upgrading park and HDB, I.e. a rustic and fun town.

If Tony Tan is now President and former MP for Sembawang, he should do something.

he was the MP of sembawang for such a loooooong years..... before KBW took over in 2006...:scared-5:

Member of the Singapore Parliament
for Sembawang GRC
In office
4 September 1988 – 6 May 2006
Preceded by Constituency established
Succeeded by Khaw Boon Wan
Member of the Singapore Parliament
for Sembawang SMC
In office
11 February 1979 – 3 September 1988

xemz127
10-02-12, 12:31
cannot be so obvious. wait for a few more years then Sembawang will have 3 MRT stations, just like MBT and Tampines.

hope what you said is true then sembawang ppl will be blessed already.. but it will take a long years until punggol is saturated :mad:

xemz127
10-02-12, 12:34
No PC in Sembawang estate.

Sengkang, CCK, Punggol, Woodlands everywhere got PC, only Sembawang.

Facilities, IMO, should be built concurrently with the housing developmt.

sigh... even the TSL also not for Sembawang.. what's the real concrete plan for sembawang in the future? old folk homes to replace JB? (KBW said JB nursing home cheaper but kena shoot..) :banghead:

Pro888
10-02-12, 13:11
sigh... even the TSL also not for Sembawang.. what's the real concrete plan for sembawang in the future? old folk homes to replace JB? (KBW said JB nursing home cheaper but kena shoot..) :banghead:

$500 mil leh. The figure always very nice. IUP & whatever xxP, see no future. Just for stay.

xemz127
10-02-12, 13:19
i dont believe need the $500mil just for whatever xxP... sound unbelievable since sembawang is still a underdeveloped estate.. $100mil for xxP and $400mil for other development sounds more realistic to me.. just my :2cents:

mlvlee
10-02-12, 16:42
i dont believe need the $500mil just for whatever xxP... sound unbelievable since sembawang is still a underdeveloped estate.. $100mil for xxP and $400mil for other development sounds more realistic to me.. just my :2cents:

IMO, Sembawang is the sleeping beauty, since it is underdevelped estate, let turn it to postive, the plus points are less crowded and more greenery, can retire there and rent out the whole flat to FT and stay at the nice 9 storey old folk homes beside the blk 329. The rental can use to offset the monthly fee as the maid is not easy to get in these days. :cheers6:

solsys
10-02-12, 17:41
People are beginning to question $500 million promise.

It seems the $500 million is gg to a mosque, police station, park upgrade, existing HDB upgrade and more HDBs.

Are you guys happy with it?

xemz127
10-02-12, 20:05
People are beginning to question $500 million promise.

It seems the $500 million is gg to a mosque, police station, park upgrade, existing HDB upgrade and more HDBs.

Are you guys happy with it?

just came back from Sun Plaza.. oh my god it's really TERRIBLE like third world country's shopping mall.. and surprisingly it's crowded, perhaps jz because of MRT station and sembawang ppl has no where else to go..:(

and epic thing is.. i thought i have entered the "resident evil" movie scene when i walked to the bus station.. come on.. the bus station with the yellowish lightings..?? KBW.. :doh:

plz go make noise at the meet ppl session with KBW.. and invite him to go Sun Plaza + bus station visit.... he sure no where to hide his face :simmering:

mosque + police station + xxP.... $500mil?? Yishun has got $600mil and has much better amenities already than Sembawang x1000 times!! :tongue3:

xemz127
10-02-12, 20:12
IMO, Sembawang is the sleeping beauty, since it is underdevelped estate, let turn it to postive, the plus points are less crowded and more greenery, can retire there and rent out the whole flat to FT and stay at the nice 9 storey old folk homes beside the blk 329. The rental can use to offset the monthly fee as the maid is not easy to get in these days. :cheers6:

KBW has failed to persuade old ppl to go nursing home in JB.. that's why bobian must convert his own ward sembawang to old folk home d.... :sleep:

Pro888
11-02-12, 16:26
Can "cold Brothers" spend this kind of $$$ ???

http://www.fraserscentrepointtrust.com/library/pdf/newsroom/CWP%20AEI%20Press%20release%20-%20final.pdf

Pro888
11-02-12, 16:30

http://www.fraserscentrepointtrust.com/library/pdf/newsroom/CWP%20AEI%20Press%20release%20-%20final.pdf

Further, foodcourt at northpoint is currently upgrading.

xemz127
12-02-12, 09:00

sembawang ppl will really :banghead: being sandwiched between such big developments at woodlands and yishun..

Pro888
12-02-12, 09:51
sembawang ppl will really :banghead: being sandwiched between such big developments at woodlands and yishun..

KBW will also replied, " if you feel that Sun Plaza has not provided you enough or to your expectation, there are 2 malls, one to your left and the other to your right, just 1 -2 mrt stops away. :D

mlvlee
12-02-12, 10:54
KBW will also replied, " if you feel that Sun Plaza has not provided you enough or to your expectation, there are 2 malls, one to your left and the other to your right, just 1 -2 mrt stops away. :D

If you patronise SunPlaza mall frequently, you can notice that most of the ppl there are FT (Not to mention which countries) and they formed the community there (Especially the basketball courts), most probably they can afford to buy this area due to relatively cheap rental and housing price. The local ppl don't care so much that why it does not draw KBW much attention!

xemz127
12-02-12, 11:07
If you patronise SunPlaza mall frequently, you can notice that most of the ppl there are FT (Not to mention which countries) and they formed the community there (Especially the basketball courts), most probably they can afford to buy this area due to relatively cheap rental and housing price. The local ppl don't care so much that why it does not draw KBW much attention!

i will never patronize SP mall again since last visit.. it's really one lousy mall to be frank.. lighting and interior design all cannot make it! go JB citysquare also better than this SP.. i wonder why there are still transactions on the SP mall above.. they bought it for future development? those earlier buyer of this SP condo should be very sad with one lousy mall underneath their place.. unless the BigBoy buy over SP and redevelop together with the huge empty land parcel beside it, but then that will be another 10 years story .. :spliff2:

the inner area near the sembawang park are all landed housing estate.. should be quite a lot of rich ppl around SBW..

you mean mostly PRC ppl dominating in the northern region of SG? no wonder MCC wana grab all the 3 projects at the same place!

xemz127
12-02-12, 11:08

haha you sound like personal assistant of KBW.. he will thank you personally! :p

Pro888
18-02-12, 12:02
I dun really know why govt spending $77 mil in bishan park & NTUC spending few hundreds mil upgrading existing premises in downtown east instead of putting money in other areas that lack of basic amenities. Sembawang Residents must be contented to what they have now.

xemz127
21-02-12, 21:23
I dun really know why govt spending $77 mil in bishan park & NTUC spending few hundreds mil upgrading existing premises in downtown east instead of putting money in other areas that lack of basic amenities. Sembawang Residents must be contented to what they have now.

haha.. sembawang GRC $500mil also used on the upgrading xxP lah.. so can't blame too much.. instead of adding value by creating new plan.. it refurnish the old one and maintain the status quo.. :spliff2:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,478026,00.html?
Koh brothers profit 2011 up 80%.. but still hopeless for the major upgrades for Sun plaza..

NorthernStar
21-02-12, 21:35
From Concept plan 2001, there is mrt line, which other forumers call it as northern coastal line, seem to connect Sembawang, Seletar Airport, Punggol, all the way to Changi Airport. Hope this line still exist in the new Concept plan 2011 and announced asap.

By that time, the white site next to Sembawang mrt should be activated and Sun Plaza would hv some facelift.. Question is: When??? :doh:

WaterTown owners will be happy too.. :D

xemz127
21-02-12, 22:00
From Concept plan 2001, there is mrt line, which other forumers call it as northern coastal line, seem to connect Sembawang, Seletar Airport, Punggol, all the way to Changi Airport. Hope this line still exist in the new Concept plan 2011 and announced asap.

By that time, the white site next to Sembawang mrt should be activated and Sun Plaza would hv some facelift.. Question is: When??? :doh:

i remember this northern coastal line :D but...now LTA has so many MRT and road projects on hand.. enough manpowers to have another major MRT line? haha.. the major one now should be TSL and NSE..

Pro888
21-02-12, 23:04

Until the last line being half built. Economy still need construction to progress.

Also Simpang New Town, SAP (2014 fully operational) & Punggol fully developed, then they will consider coastal line.

Not mistaken, currently there are few bus routes that provide transfer from the north to northeastern side.

CondoInterested
20-05-12, 01:53
But I like this Sun Plaza leh.

SSC also good too.

This Sembawang area is a very quiet place and lots of greenery, but will soon be spoiled by CR, Nautical, Simpang HDB and a MRT station. *Sigh*

xemz127
20-05-12, 08:38
But I like this Sun Plaza leh.

SSC also good too.

This Sembawang area is a very quiet place and lots of greenery, but will soon be spoiled by CR, Nautical, Simpang HDB and a MRT station. *Sigh*

CR and Nautical was built on the empty lands leh.. how to spoil the greeneries.. there's no Simpang HDB plan and MRT yet also..

I think most sembawang ppl wana see their estate to develop further rather than staying forever in kampung lah.. even few days ago the MP already complained in parliament how come woodlands and yishun got so many buses.. sembawang only 5.. :doh:

perhaps i believe the greeneries and the estate development should find a balance.. greeneries can co-exist together with development if the estate planning is good enough... if only focus on greeneries then kranji and LCK can do a better job lo.. jz my :2cents:

xemz127
20-05-12, 10:33
just back from SSC, the food court has reopened and renovated! the chinatown famous chinese soup "lao huo tang" also open there d! much more food to eat now at SSC :cheers4:

Komo
20-05-12, 10:44
just back from SSC, the food court has reopened and renovated! the chinatown famous chinese soup "lao huo tang" also open there d! much more food to eat now at SSC :cheers4:
more choices for breakfast and no shortage of seats:D

rattydrama
20-05-12, 12:02
more choices for breakfast and no shortage of seats:D
you stay in the north too? :D

solsys
20-05-12, 12:13

Note to all readers, the new foodcourt is at Sembawang Shopping Centre, not Sun Plaza.

xemz127
20-05-12, 14:41
Note to all readers, the new foodcourt is at Sembawang Shopping Centre, not Sun Plaza.

maybe sun plaza will renovate its rundown style of food court lah after seeing SSC.. :tsk-tsk:

sgrojak
20-05-12, 18:40
if I remember correctly, the sun plaza food court had renovation 2 years back, but after their reno, many good stall move out, not sure what happen back then :)

maybe sun plaza will renovate its rundown style of food court lah after seeing SSC.. :tsk-tsk:

zzz1
20-05-12, 19:15
if I remember correctly, the sun plaza food court had renovation 2 years back, but after their reno, many good stall move out, not sure what happen back then :)
Yes, was renovated.

The old beef noddle store gone, now got a Taiwan style beef noddle.. Try once and promised never ever try again . For a bow of 5 dollars , the beefquantity are about 1cm x 1 cm size ..and 2 pcs only... Eat already frustrated!!!!!

sgrojak
20-05-12, 19:24
Yes agree with you,
and what I miss the most is the chinese soup shop... :beats-me-man:
now I rarely go to sun plaza food court :tsk-tsk: ,
normally went to foodfare :D

Yes, was renovated.

The old beef noddle store gone, now got a Taiwan style beef noddle.. Try once and promised never ever try again . For a bow of 5 dollars , the beefquantity are about 1cm x 1 cm size ..and 2 pcs only... Eat already frustrated!!!!!

rattydrama
20-05-12, 19:24
Yes, was renovated.

I miss her beef noddle very much, anyone who where she moves to? She told me will stop working after closing the sun plaza store which I hope not :scared-3:

CondoInterested
20-05-12, 22:14
Actually like Sembawang as it is now. Property price still goes up.

CR and Nautical place used to be a piece of grassland and trees.

Think Broadway food nicer.

There is also this Blk 406 and also Wet Mkt food court. There is Blk 333, CC and also the Canberra one at opp previous golfing ground.

Like this town previous rustic kind of life, but seems like more and more non Singaporean now moved into this town.

solsys
21-05-12, 11:42
Actually like Sembawang as it is now. Property price still goes up.

CR and Nautical place used to be a piece of grassland and trees.

Think Broadway food nicer.

There is also this Blk 406 and also Wet Mkt food court. There is Blk 333, CC and also the Canberra one at opp previous golfing ground.

Like this town previous rustic kind of life, but seems like more and more non Singaporean now moved into this town.

What's at Broadway? I drove past several times but never check out the food.

zzz1
21-05-12, 21:24
I miss her beef noddle very much, anyone who where she moves to? She told me will stop working after closing the sun plaza store which I hope not :scared-3:
That what I understand also...the last time I order extra tendon, she gave alot saying that was the parting for old regular customer...

See if any other bro got ant news ...

zzz1
21-05-12, 21:29
Yes agree with you,
and what I miss the most is the chinese soup shop... :beats-me-man:
now I rarely go to sun plaza food court :tsk-tsk: ,
normally went to foodfare :D
Now most store cmi...

CondoInterested
02-06-12, 13:51
What's at Broadway? I drove past several times but never check out the food.
These Broadway heard was supposed to be Seng Siong, but they never come.

The owner takes 3 stores there, the drink store, mixed veg rice & Zhu Chao.

The rest got Indian Muslim food, Noodle/Jap/Korean (3 in 1), chicken rice, fish ball noodle.

zzz1
02-06-12, 23:06
These Broadway heard was supposed to be Seng Siong, but they never come.

The owner takes 3 stores there, the drink store, mixed veg rice & Zhu Chao.

The rest got Indian Muslim food, Noodle/Jap/Korean (3 in 1), chicken rice, fish ball noodle.
The food there so so nia....

CondoInterested
03-06-12, 22:28
The food there so so nia....So what is your favourite in Sembawang Town area?

zzz1
06-06-12, 21:41
So what is your favourite in Sembawang Town area?

blk 313 chi char

14 mile malay stall power, but price too ex and not consistence in pricing

north link's

opp SSC white bee hoon and Zhai lai curry fish head

Jln Malu malu's bak kut mee

former driving range Fat fish...but closed already

solsys
06-06-12, 22:23
blk 313 chi char

14 mile malay stall power, but price too ex and not consistence in pricing

north link's

opp SSC white bee hoon and Zhai lai curry fish head

Jln Malu malu's bak kut mee

former driving range Fat fish...but closed already

Try Blk 688's mee rebus and mee siam. good stuff.

zzz1
08-06-12, 13:05
Try Blk 688's mee rebus and mee siam. good stuff.

688' .... which ave or dr ? slurp slurp

solsys
15-07-12, 23:06
688' .... which ave or dr ? slurp slurp

Woodlands Drive 75, directly opp. NORTHOAKS :spliff:

zzz1
24-07-12, 16:17
Woodlands Drive 75, directly opp. NORTHOAKS :spliff:

:cheers1: Cheers !!..........

zzz1
24-07-12, 16:21
recently went to Sun plaza to do some posting(Sing post) of articles to oversea...

Took the lift and also check out the place...the lift really look run down...

Curious how the appt upstairs condition is like?

xemz127
24-07-12, 20:27
recently went to Sun plaza to do some posting(Sing post) of articles to oversea...

Took the lift and also check out the place...the lift really look run down...

Curious how the appt upstairs condition is like?

not only the mall is like low class supermarket.. even the bus station is like end of the world station with yellowish lights.. really scary like living in 3rd world country.. wonder what have the sembawang MP done for his own ward.. :doh:

zzz1
26-07-12, 16:13
not only the mall is like low class supermarket.. even the bus station is like end of the world station with yellowish lights.. really scary like living in 3rd world country.. wonder what have the sembawang MP done for his own ward.. :doh:
Sembawang new town got nothing .. Nn swimming pool, nn stadium , nn polyclinic except one tiny library in sun plaza....

solsys
29-07-12, 16:30
Some corners of Sun Plaza's carpark in B2 looks like a refugee camp or illegal immigrants hiding quarters.... :doh:

azeoprop
29-07-12, 19:18
Sembawang new town and sengkang new town were developed around the same time in the late 90s. How come so much contrast in development? :beats-me-man:

aang1971
29-07-12, 20:31
Sembawang new town and sengkang new town were developed around the same time in the late 90s. How come so much contrast in development? :beats-me-man:

Late 90s under KFC mascot...wanyang king tony talk cock

Now under a biggger wayang n talk cock king, a cow who had 8 bypass operation

No wonder sembawang suffers

zzz1
29-07-12, 20:54
Seng kang got LRT linking the entire town..totally nn fight ...

aang1971
29-07-12, 21:33
Late 90s under KFC mascot...wanyang king tony talk cock

Now under a biggger wayang n talk cock king, a cow who had 8 bypass operation

No wonder sembawang suffers

Opps typo i meant a cow who had 8 dollars bypass

ay123
30-07-12, 11:39
sembawang actually not really that bad lah. is quite crowded with ppl but yet it has the quiteness which yishun/woodlands don have. there are 24 hrs NTUC/shop n save so the convenience is definitely there. now everytown is so busy with malls entertainment etc. is quite difficult to find a place that offer such quiteness

Noexit
30-07-12, 12:47
I would say depend on individual ba, some ppls prefer a proper estate with all the basic facitiles like any mayure town have, e.g. stadium, swimming pools, nice shopping mall, etc but look like sembawang will be overcrowded after those few project completed in 2-3years time and it will be good that govt start planning now. :violins:

sembawang actually not really that bad lah. is quite crowded with ppl but yet it has the quiteness which yishun/woodlands don have. there are 24 hrs NTUC/shop n save so the convenience is definitely there. now everytown is so busy with malls entertainment etc. is quite difficult to find a place that offer such quiteness