PDA

View Full Version : I think I know why the new launches at OCR are selling well...

blackjack21trader
31-01-12, 08:24
I shall reveal to you the real underlying reason after Valentine's Day....

ysyap
31-01-12, 08:26
CNY Valentine's day is next Monday 6 Feb...

latour
31-01-12, 08:28

It has something to do with the new Master concept plan 2011/12.

ikan bilis
31-01-12, 08:37
hello.... why need to wait until after valentine's Day ??... izit bcos valentine's day you are going to take good care of some taitai and getting some good market tips ??... :D

ppty
31-01-12, 08:46
http://spring.ura.gov.sg/conceptplan2011/about.cfm

teddybear
31-01-12, 12:28
My guess:
Many people are getting higher paid salaries at younger age! Also, the top 30% earning households are earning much more more than the bottom 70% earning households as the years go by (and still widening more & more), especially after 1997! These people have been holding back from buying since 1997 crash and the dead market from 2000-2006 and from the 2008-2009 crash! After missing so many boats, and finally seeing sun shine for property market, now, all these people can't wait anymore and all cheong out to fuel OCR buying! Previously we only cater and build private private properties for 20% households. Now we have to build to cater for 30% households! And we have not even factored in the white-collared high income foreigners & PRs coming in! You can imagine why all the figures taken in context of historical data on number of private properties etc are all insufficient and outdated? As a rule of thumb, Singapore now is in lack of 200k private properties (including future needs for next 5 years)!

Some people will say it is idiotic to buy OCR at >$1000 psf, but since there is only so many private properties and more people chasing (because more people can afford), that is why OCR now selling easily $1000 - $1500 psf! :D

If I am them, I buy real hard-core CCR at $2000-2900 psf, sure can cheong to $3000-$3900 psf! :p

blackjack21trader
31-01-12, 12:30
hello.... why need to wait until after valentine's Day ??... izit bcos valentine's day you are going to take good care of some taitai and getting some good market tips ??... :D

woahahahahah chiokapeng la, brother ikan. Actually this reason is related to the same motivation behind the purchases of CCR properties during the 1980s.

I need to wait until after Valentine's Day to confirm my profiling of the purchasers during the recent sales in OCR.

I could be right.

blackjack21trader
31-01-12, 12:31
My guess:
Many people are getting higher paid salaries at younger age! Also, the top 30% earning households are earning much more more than the bottom 70% earning households as the years go by (and still widening more & more), especially after 1997! These people have been holding back from buying since 1997 crash and the dead market from 2000-2006 and from the 2008-2009 crash! After missing so many boats, and finally seeing sun shine for property market, now, all these people can't wait anymore and all cheong out to fuel OCR buying! Previously we only cater and build private private properties for 20% households. Now we have to build to cater for 30% households! And we have not even factored in the white-collared high income foreigners & PRs coming in! You can imagine why all the figures taken in context of historical data on number of private properties etc are all insufficient and outdated? As a rule of thumb, Singapore now is in lack of 200k private properties (including future needs for next 5 years)!

Some people will say it is idiotic to buy OCR at >$1000 psf, but since there is only so many private properties and more people chasing (because more people can afford), that is why OCR now selling easily $1000 - $1500 psf! :D

If I am them, I buy CCR at $2000-2900 psf, sure can cheong to $3000-$3900 psf! :p

yes..it is something similar to your concept...but something else is also behind this motivation. This motivation is universal across all global property buyers, including the angmos....yes indeed......

avo7007
31-01-12, 12:51
My guess:
Singapore now is in lack of 200k private properties (including future needs for next 5 years)!

These figures and numbers has been floating around. We need a mythbuster; KBW please comment.:)

CCR
31-01-12, 13:23
These figures and numbers has been floating around. We need a mythbuster; KBW please comment.:)

Actually Teddy mght be right....

we have about 800,000 household...
if additional 10% buy condo it will be 80,000 new units needed...
Add in 50,000 new immigrants per year - FT, PR, citizens x 5 years = 250,000 / family size of 3.5 = 71,000 units needed...

total units needed 150,000 units over 5 years..... govt will need 30k units per year.... just to satisfy current demand.... plus new houshold formation thru marriage 10k per year.... = 40k per year

Right now they are building 25k HDB and 15k Condo... just nice..... 40k...

BUT!!!!! Gahmen Under build for the last 10 years.... so still there will be a shortage of at least 10k units per year....

My projection is open to debate and debunking...

x11
31-01-12, 14:41

Add in 50,000 new immigrants per year - FT, PR, citizens x 5 years = 250,000 / family size of 3.5 = 71,000 units needed...

total units needed 150,000 units over 5 years..... govt will need 30k units per year.... just to satisfy current demand.... plus new houshold formation thru marriage 10k per year.... = 40k per year

BUT!!!!! Gahmen Under build for the last 10 years.... so still there will be a shortage of at least 10k units per year....

Whoa. Like that Gahmen must release more land, build more BTOs, ECs to ease the shortage. So Gahmen must ramp up to 60K units per year and probably sustain that level till next GE.

Then next GE hot topic will be OVERSUPPLY OF HDBs/EC/CONDO? :D

roly8
31-01-12, 14:43
like that property price won't drop at all :beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

Montaigne
31-01-12, 14:44
Like that very sian leh... wait until very very sian liao... where is the 50% crash that basic promised? :doh:

CCR
31-01-12, 14:45
Dont you think so???
I already try to be conservative with all my projections and numbers..

For example, marraiges definitely more than 10k per year....
immigrants during the boom years in 150k per year...

I haver reduced it to 50k per year...

Eastboy
31-01-12, 15:06
yes..it is something similar to your concept...but something else is also behind this motivation. This motivation is universal across all global property buyers, including the angmos....yes indeed......

isn't low interest rates/ borrowing costs the main motivation globally?

howgozit
31-01-12, 15:11

I think if that was the case the US should be facing a housing boom instead housing gloom.

stalingrad
31-01-12, 15:15
I think if that was the case the US should be facing a housing boom instead housing gloom.

the US would have a housing boom if they had as many chinese immigrants as we do. trust me. open the floodgate, and then all home prices will skyrocket, especially those in california. but they don't want so many immigrants, not as many as we do here.

howgozit
31-01-12, 15:20
the US would have a housing boom if they had as many chinese immigrants as we do. trust me. open the floodgate, and then all home prices will skyrocket, especially those in california. but they don't want so many immigrants, not as many as we do here.

Whatever the reasons, it's quite clear that interest rates or borrowing costs are not the only motivation for the housing boom in Singapore

stalingrad
31-01-12, 15:22
Whatever the reasons, it's quite clear that interest rates or borrowing costs are not the only motivation for the housing boom in Singapore

all those factors conspire to create this housing boom, just like in hong kong. if china stalls, then all bets are off.

avo7007
31-01-12, 15:34

Wow if that's true, our Government screwed up big time in their housing and population policies.:doh:

teddybear
31-01-12, 16:32
Actually your figure too conservative (my original figure too)! Let me try a more accurate estimation as below:

You see, currently 1.1m properties of which 200k+ are private properties. 10% upgrade to private properties means need additional 110k private properties. Then, over the last 6-8 years, foreigners & PRs increase by 800k(? - if my memory didn't fail me). Assume each household is 3.5 people, that will require additional 228k properties, of which I assume about half will buy private properties, hence demand for private properties from these group = 114k !

Next we count the HDB flats: New PRs & foreigners demand (for rental) = 114k.

Young citizens & PRs get married, that is about 10k per year(?), many temporarily staying with parents waiting for "sky to drop" (i.e. property prices to crash after experiencing 2007 crash and missed the boat) can't wait anymore sooner and later and join the crowd to chase the properties. Here, about 30% will buy private and 70% buy HDB flats, so another 3k per year for private properties and 7k per year for HDB flats.

That means, for next 5 years (even assuming ZERO new foreigners come in), due to existing damand:
- Number of new private properties needed = 110k + 114k + (3k x5) = 239k !!!
- Number of new HDB flats needed = 114k + (7k x5) = 149k !!!

Total number of properties required over next 5 years: 388k !!!
Do you know that currently many newly marriage and those marriage and without kids still squating with their parents? Sooner or later they will need their own house!

Rosy
31-01-12, 16:33
Low interest rate is going to stay for a while and rental looks good currently.

mostly chasing after yield?

azeoprop
31-01-12, 17:28
Yes, especially for those who bought HDB cheap cheap from 2001 to 2005. Many have already finished paying for their HDB and could now afford to buy a 2nd home for investment or upgrade to a condo since their HDB effectively double in value.

That time there were alot of excess flats in Sengkang, Punggol, Bukit Panjang and Sembawang lelong lelong.

4room flat around 150k
5room flat around 200k
exec flat around 250k

:scared-1: :scared-4:

maisonjai
31-01-12, 19:55
Actually your figure too conservative (my original figure too)! Let me try a more accurate estimation as below:

You see, currently 1.1m properties of which 200k+ are private properties. 10% upgrade to private properties means need additional 110k private properties. Then, over the last 6-8 years, foreigners & PRs increase by 800k(? - if my memory didn't fail me). Assume each household is 3.5 people, that will require additional 228k properties, of which I assume about half will buy private properties, hence demand for private properties from these group = 114k !.............

Why property prices will remain high
Published on Jan 31, 2012

THE report ('Record number of homes to be built, further easing prices'; last Saturday) quoted experts forecasting a steep decline in home prices of up to 15 per cent this year. This was based on a drop in transactions last month and a record supply of 77,089 uncompleted homes at the end of last year, of which 39,184 remained unsold.

And in the public housing market, an overwhelming supply of 25,000 units will be released, on top of last year's batch of 25,000 units, which is unprecedented in recent years.

Despite the large incoming supply and cooling measures, which will put pressure on home prices, an excessive price fall is unlikely because of current strong fundamentals.

What is also vital to consider is the equally huge demand backlog in private and public housing.

Between 1995 and 2010, there was strong population growth amid an undersupply of housing. This led to a dire imbalance, which resulted in robust home transactions and escalating prices in recent years.

Based on official data, the population of citizens and permanent residents expanded by 758,200 in the 1995 to 2010 period. But the increase in available private homes within the same period was only 128,896.

Working on 3.5 persons per household, 758,200 equates to 216,628 households. So, as of December 2010, there was a housing deficit of 87,732 (216,628 minus 128,896).

This strong pent-up demand can easily absorb the 77,089 uncompleted homes in the pipeline until 2015. And this is not taking into account the housing requirements of new immigrants, who may need about 20,000 to 30,000 homes from now until 2015.

Last year, 107,000 foreigners were added to the population. According to some experts, a 1.8 per cent population growth will most likely support home price growth in a favourable environment.

Currently, the property market is well supported by favourable key fundamentals such as low interest rates, low home vacancies, future population growth and the spillover effect from an imbalance in the resale HDB market.

All these factors will contribute to a positive impact on the residential property market in the coming years.

In the absence of a severe global economic recession accompanied by massive job losses, a sharp property price correction is highly unlikely this year.

Wong Toon Tuan
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_761065.html (http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_761065.html)

hi teddy, is this article from u? :cheers6:
don't over build leh, if everyone owns a unit then whose going to rent our ppty? :scared-5:

maisonjai
31-01-12, 20:05
Yes, especially for those who bought HDB cheap cheap from 2001 to 2005. Many have already finished paying for their HDB and could now afford to buy a 2nd home for investment or upgrade to a condo since their HDB effectively double in value.

That time there were alot of excess flats in Sengkang, Punggol, Bukit Panjang and Sembawang lelong lelong.

4room flat around 150k
5room flat around 200k
exec flat around 250k

:scared-1: :scared-4:

nice observation, MBT carter buses for buyers to visit those flats. Those units dried up around 2006. 2005~2006 + 5yrs MOP = 2010~2011 = upgraders/investors from SK & Punggol to Watertown. I would like think quite a number of buyers are from these 2 areas. :)
For those who paid up HDB, forking out 20% for downpayment for 1bed in WT not so difficult.

DC33_2008
31-01-12, 20:12
People sold and wait for major correction in prices will be disappointed if this is true.

THE report ('Record number of homes to be built, further easing prices'; last Saturday) quoted experts forecasting a steep decline in home prices of up to 15 per cent this year. This was based on a drop in transactions last month and a record supply of 77,089 uncompleted homes at the end of last year, of which 39,184 remained unsold.

And in the public housing market, an overwhelming supply of 25,000 units will be released, on top of last year's batch of 25,000 units, which is unprecedented in recent years.

Despite the large incoming supply and cooling measures, which will put pressure on home prices, an excessive price fall is unlikely because of current strong fundamentals.

What is also vital to consider is the equally huge demand backlog in private and public housing.

Between 1995 and 2010, there was strong population growth amid an undersupply of housing. This led to a dire imbalance, which resulted in robust home transactions and escalating prices in recent years.

Based on official data, the population of citizens and permanent residents expanded by 758,200 in the 1995 to 2010 period. But the increase in available private homes within the same period was only 128,896.

Working on 3.5 persons per household, 758,200 equates to 216,628 households. So, as of December 2010, there was a housing deficit of 87,732 (216,628 minus 128,896).

This strong pent-up demand can easily absorb the 77,089 uncompleted homes in the pipeline until 2015. And this is not taking into account the housing requirements of new immigrants, who may need about 20,000 to 30,000 homes from now until 2015.

Last year, 107,000 foreigners were added to the population. According to some experts, a 1.8 per cent population growth will most likely support home price growth in a favourable environment.

Currently, the property market is well supported by favourable key fundamentals such as low interest rates, low home vacancies, future population growth and the spillover effect from an imbalance in the resale HDB market.

All these factors will contribute to a positive impact on the residential property market in the coming years.

In the absence of a severe global economic recession accompanied by massive job losses, a sharp property price correction is highly unlikely this year.

Wong Toon Tuan
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_761065.html (http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_761065.html)

don't over build leh, if everyone owns a unit then whose going to rent our ppty? :scared-5:

hyenergix
31-01-12, 20:24

Wong Toon Tuan

Not sure what the writer wanted... maybe more CMs.

maisonjai
31-01-12, 20:32
This writer just work on the numbers but forgot the price tag on the unsold units. Can find so many high income earners to "easily absorb" as he put it???

39,184 units remained unsold as at 4th Quarter 2011. The unsold units comprised 10,741 units in CCR, 8,350 units in RCR and 20,093 units in OCR

peterng8
31-01-12, 20:41
Not sure what the writer wanted... maybe more CMs.

the writer's article is unambiguous can mean either way ...CMs not enough or dont worry go and buy more...:p

newspaper like printing this type of article ..say like never say like that...

solsys
31-01-12, 20:55
My guess:

If I am them, I buy real hard-core CCR at $2000-2900 psf, sure can cheong to $3000-$3900 psf! :p

The former 'rich' immigrants can afford CCR in the past because rest of world is richer than Singapore. Now Singapore living standard comes close to the global cities, meaning the majority of the 'rich' segment of new immigrants will find RCR and OCR more affordable.

I think expecting CCR to go to S$3000-$3900 psf is a tall call from here though. I still think demand will slacken for CCR and interests and potential will still be in OCR.

The only way to spur CCR prices is events events events, i.e. global scale events that make SG CCR properties a symbol of prestige and wealth, i.e. Formula One, Casinos, Olympics etc....

Assuming status quo, all the ra ra will be in OCR at least until next round of elections.

yjcai
31-01-12, 21:06
This writer just work on the numbers but forgot the price tag on the unsold units. Can find so many high income earners to "easily absorb" as he put it???

39,184 units remained unsold as at 4th Quarter 2011. The unsold units comprised 10,741 units in CCR, 8,350 units in RCR and 20,093 units in OCR

If he put in the figures of immigrants surge of 900k over last 10 years buying our condos, it will be even more scarier. What is 700k of extra residents and SPR? i believe some forumners here did a very detailed calculation of demand backlog over the last 10 years and now an extra 70ks supply of private housing. In fact a very clear picture of the situation now is have rental even ever drop?

yjcai
31-01-12, 21:11

You see, currently 1.1m properties of which 200k+ are private properties. 10% upgrade to private properties means need additional 110k private properties. Then, over the last 6-8 years, foreigners & PRs increase by 800k(? - if my memory didn't fail me). Assume each household is 3.5 people, that will require additional 228k properties, of which I assume about half will buy private properties, hence demand for private properties from these group = 114k !

Next we count the HDB flats: New PRs & foreigners demand (for rental) = 114k.

Young citizens & PRs get married, that is about 10k per year(?), many temporarily staying with parents waiting for "sky to drop" (i.e. property prices to crash after experiencing 2007 crash and missed the boat) can't wait anymore sooner and later and join the crowd to chase the properties. Here, about 30% will buy private and 70% buy HDB flats, so another 3k per year for private properties and 7k per year for HDB flats.

That means, for next 5 years (even assuming ZERO new foreigners come in), due to existing damand:
- Number of new private properties needed = 110k + 114k + (3k x5) = 239k !!!
- Number of new HDB flats needed = 114k + (7k x5) = 149k !!!

Total number of properties required over next 5 years: 388k !!!
Do you know that currently many newly marriage and those marriage and without kids still squating with their parents? Sooner or later they will need their own house!

u forgot about the demand backlog of marriages over the last 10 years not cleared? correct?

CCR
31-01-12, 21:21
Wow if that's true, our Government screwed up big time in their housing and population policies.:doh:

Yes.... Definitely.... MND and MOM, ICA, all never talk to each other :doh:

I mean my calculation is very conservative and simple... If forummers think otherwise they can share.... Would love to have an opposite opinion....

teddybear
31-01-12, 21:26
Foreigners mostly won't buy right? However, they need a roof over their head when they are working in Singapore right? So have to reward those landlords from taking risk to own a property to rent to them right? Otherwise these foreigners sleep at HDB void deck or in tents along East Coast? :p

Wong Toon Tuan

Eastboy
31-01-12, 21:27
Yes.... Definitely.... MND and MOM, ICA, all never talk to each other :doh:

I mean my calculation is very conservative and simple... If forummers think otherwise they can share.... Would love to have an opposite opinion....

aiya, to me i think very simply la. assuming there are 4 million Singaporeans/PRs and 1 million foreigners, a total of 5 million people, divided by 4 pax per household = 1.25 million homes needed to house everyone.

and say if we have an excess of 70,000 homes, that is to say that accounts to 5.6% out of the total no. of houses in Singapore only.

i am sure it can be absorbed readily by upgraders + new couples + singles assuming no major crisis or job cuts!

phantom_opera
31-01-12, 21:30
Mr Kwek famous saying ... it is all about sentiment, affordability is never an issue,

38% households earning 8k
25% households earning 10k

that means 38% taxpaying households can borrow 800k and be a bank slave for life ;)

it depends on whether they feel good / confident about their job or not

pay still going up, bonus still fat fat, SG unemployment rate is all time low, SPR approval still happening (my friend just got it yes and he is renting)

Eastboy
31-01-12, 21:34
the no. of civil servants in SG is enough to absorb the excess supply based on their pay....:rolleyes:

Mr Kwek famous saying ... it is all about sentiment, affordability is never an issue,

38% households earning 8k
25% households earning 10k

that means 38% taxpaying households can borrow 800k and be a bank slave for life ;)

it depends on whether they feel good / confident about their job or not

pay still going up, bonus still fat fat, SG unemployment rate is all time low, SPR approval still happening (my friend just got it yes and he is renting)

phantom_opera
31-01-12, 21:41
D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,636,700 786 Strata 2,083psf Dec-11

ha ha ha ... CCR up or down, u decide

teddybear
31-01-12, 22:09
Many analysts and people here think so. I hope so too, better don't be just down, let it crash! (so that I can buy cheep cheep!) :p

D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,636,700 786 Strata 2,083psf Dec-11

ha ha ha ... CCR up or down, u decide

ysyap
01-02-12, 04:58

4room flat around 150k
5room flat around 200k
exec flat around 250k

:scared-1: :scared-4:Can't comment about the rest but exec flat in seng kang then was at least $260k to $310k. ;)

ysyap
01-02-12, 05:02
the no. of civil servants in SG is enough to absorb the excess supply based on their pay....:rolleyes:I know of many civil servants earning only $3k/mth. Its the high ranking civil servants that earn big big lah... not all civil servants... :)

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 08:43
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/homeindex.jpg

I am very near the answer now....very very near indeed....

august
01-02-12, 08:52
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/homeindex.jpg

I am very near the answer now....very very near indeed....

wow! why your chart the background got sublimal images one! :eek:

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 08:54
wow! why your chart the background got sublimal images one! :eek:

they are my inspirations mah....woahahahahaahah.. I can think better with the images.

august
01-02-12, 08:56
they are my inspirations mah....woahahahahaahah.. I can think better with the images.

can remove the one on the right? damn eye sore and spoil my breakfast appetite! :eek:

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 08:58
can remove the one on the right? damn eye sore and spoil my breakfast appetite! :eek:

nope... I need both images for the inspirations. WOAHAHAHAAH

stalingrad
01-02-12, 09:00

yes, the one on the left is more appetizing.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:00

actually, one thing I discovered is your pc background images you put. they can affect your thinking and your third eye. I am now experimenting with different background images and see if they affect my stock portfolio or not.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:06
let me enlighten you guys a bit...when you look at the lady on the left, you look long long into her eyes...what did you see?

Ans: Your handsome brother here sees a missing trough line.

Good luck. WOAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:09
Then when you look at the lady on the right....you look long long at her nose..what did you see?

Ans: Your handsome brother here sees the supposedly missing trough line appearing here instead!

WOAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHA..hope you gets enlightened.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:14
Finally, when you look at the lips of both ladies , you sees 3 trough lines that are between 2 peak lines.

Ans: Which is in their correct places because the 2 peak lines are far apart enough....the third trough line is the odd one out leh,,,

hehehehehehehehe

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:22
also, never assume the resistance line is a straight uptrend line. You could be seeing only a small part of a bigger chart because our historical data size is small- only about 40 years.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:25
the more correct way to analyse such a chart can be found by the link here:

http://www.singaporerealestate.info/blog/2010/04/08/singapore-property-price-index-1960-to-2010/

the key is to relate actual events to the movement and momentum of the home prices.

your humble brother is doing just that right now :)

ysyap
01-02-12, 09:27
nope... I need both images for the inspirations. WOAHAHAHAAHDidn't know that you are inspired by politicians or people dealing with politics! :rolleyes:

Rosy
01-02-12, 09:29
also, never assume the resistance line is a straight uptrend line. You could be seeing only a small part of a bigger chart because our historical data size is small- only about 40 years.
What are the parameters governing the gradient of the resistance line?
Let me guess: Cooling measures? our GDP growth? Population growth?

Why is the gradient remains constant?

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:31
What are the parameters governing the gradient of the resistance line?
Let me guess: Cooling measures? our GDP growth? Population growth?

Why is the gradient remains constant?

yes indeed.. so far it is constant. but does not mean it will be like that forever hor..

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:33
Didn't know that you are inspired by politicians or people dealing with politics! :rolleyes:

Yes...to keep me constantly in check of myself....hehehehehehe

PS: Me no party-er and not politician hor

Rosy
01-02-12, 09:36
yes indeed.. so far it is constant. but does not mean it will be like that forever hor..

Where is the source of the graph? Did the owner explains why the gradient is constant since 40yrs ago?

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:36
ok lah...I admit lah... the images are there to help me remember the key points on the chart. They are my memory cues lor... like the eyes=cooling measures..etc etc.. so I do not need to bring the chart everywhere I go.. if say I limkopi and want to retrieve the chart, I merely think of the 2 ladies lor.

kekekekekekeke

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:37
Where is the source of the graph? Did the owner explains why the gradient is constant since 40yrs ago?

nope but go here: http://www.singaporerealestate.info/blog/2010/04/08/singapore-property-price-index-1960-to-2010/

Rosy
01-02-12, 09:40
nope but go here: http://www.singaporerealestate.info/blog/2010/04/08/singapore-property-price-index-1960-to-2010/

Thanks but the only graph i saw does not have the resistance line.

I am curious about the resistance line.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:42
Thanks but the only graph i saw does not have the resistance line.

I am curious about the resistance line.

the resistance line is the product of a handsome guy.... :ME WOAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rosy
01-02-12, 09:44
It is a very informative graph indeed. Thanks for sharing.

One observation: Government had introduced many sequential measures closely packed with one another in this current up-cycle.

There was no measures in the 05-07 bull run.

There are in fact many 'hot' measures took place during the pre 97 decade of boom.

ysyap
01-02-12, 09:48
The 6 years period does not really tally but think this is only a minor 'mistake'. Anyway, good to note that we're currently on the upward path of each cycle. The next peak is in the pipeline.

You must have a reason to set your resistance line at this gradient.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:48
It is a very informative graph indeed. Thanks for sharing.

One observation: Government had introduced many sequential measures closely packed with one another in this current up-cycle.

There was no measures in the 05-07 bull run.

There are in fact many 'hot' measures took place during the pre 97 decade of boom.

I am impressed. You are a very learned brother indeed.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 09:50
The 6 years period does not really tally but think this is only a minor 'mistake'. Anyway, good to note that we're currently on the upward path of each cycle. The next peak is in the pipeline.

You must have a reason to set your resistance line at this gradient.

Yes brother ysyap..it could be some human errors because I merely ported my charting knowledge from stocks to the home index. This could be a major mistake because the characteristic of a home index and equity is very different lor...but I have only such little skills..heheheheh

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:05
another feature to note is that once the graph breaks way beyond the resistance, the next trough which broke the support could be a long one....like 10 years like that lor..

sanrio
01-02-12, 10:07
another feature to note is that once the graph breaks way beyond the resistance, the next trough which broke the support could be a long one....like 10 years like that lor..Administrator!Administrator!Administrator! Please remove this nuisance from the forum.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:08
my objective is to monitor how the graph behaves near this resistance line next... as you can see, it is very near the line now....very very near indeed.....

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:09
Administrator!Administrator!Administrator! Please remove this nuisance from the forum.

...............are you calling me a nuisance ? as in nuisance = to an idiot ?

Rosy
01-02-12, 10:09
I am more convinced that prices going forward will be trading within a very tight range. It is going to be flat.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:13
Administrator!Administrator!Administrator! Please remove this nuisance from the forum.

I saw you at a marathon event recently....next SCB run I am going to make you carry all the drinks to the stations.

tell me it is an honest mistake you made in your previous post.

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:14
I am more convinced that prices going forward will be trading within a very tight range. It is going to be flat.

yes agree :)

ysyap
01-02-12, 10:22
Jan's figures may paint a different pix... Hillier and Watertown are the main culprits! :rolleyes:

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:26

if you keep your weight to like 40kg..you could be as beautiful as the 2 ladies in my chart..WOAHAHAHAAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 10:28
Jan's figures may paint a different pix... Hillier and Watertown are the main culprits! :rolleyes:

I am studying these 2 projects..on what is the motivation for the buyers to buy at $1000psf for OCR.

Laguna
01-02-12, 10:48
in meeting with friends, one of the questions I asked is
"ru looking to buy properties? r ur frns looking to buy properties? any of ur frn selling properties?"

There is only one answer : all my frns, and their frns, are looking to buy, and none selling. All are waiting at the sideline for the price to drop.

gn108
01-02-12, 10:54
Until the prices actually drops ...then some say wait, some say doomsday coming and some actually buy but a tad too early.
Say is cheap - signing on the paper needs conviction.

in meeting with friends, one of the questions I asked is
"ru looking to buy properties? r ur frns looking to buy properties? any of ur frn selling properties?"

There is only one answer : all my frns, and their frns, are looking to buy, and none selling. All are waiting at the sideline for the price to drop.

hyenergix
01-02-12, 11:28
I am studying these 2 projects..on what is the motivation for the buyers to buy at $1000psf for OCR.

First you have to give up your multi-million dollar fortune and career. Then work for 9-6 job drawing a household income of $10k per month. Stay in a fully paid up HDB with $200k spare cash. Then look around to park your $. You may find enlightenment.

ikan bilis
01-02-12, 11:57
First you have to give up your multi-million dollar fortune and career. Then work for 9-6 job drawing a household income of $10k per month. Stay in a fully paid up HDB with $200k spare cash. Then look around to park your $. You may find enlightenment.

haha... good one,.... but pls don't do that... later on another 1 every 10-min shouting bear in this forum... :scared-4:

(majority of household no 10K/month, hdb not fully paid up, don;t have that much ca$h lah...)

testtest
01-02-12, 12:34
Why it went beyond the resistance line in late 90s?

- greed?
- herd mentality?
- demand from strong population growth?
- kiaxi,& kiasu?

are we seeing the same situation now??? :banghead:

price
01-02-12, 13:21

Lol! i like this

solsys
01-02-12, 18:24
Bro blackjack,

Your chart deleted by photobucket.

Can repost?

blackjack21trader
01-02-12, 18:55
Bro blackjack,

Your chart deleted by photobucket.

Can repost?

dear brother solsys ! so happy you are here :)

well, a higher force requested me to remove my chart and my star reading from my website :(

however, all is not lost. my chart is similar to this one here :

http://www.singaporerealestate.info/blog/2010/04/08/singapore-property-price-index-1960-to-2010/

Allthepies
01-02-12, 19:28

well, a higher force requested me to remove my chart and my star reading from my website :(

but no resistance line :(

kane
01-02-12, 23:09
Why it went beyond the resistance line in late 90s?

- greed?
- herd mentality?
- demand from strong population growth?
- kiaxi,& kiasu?

are we seeing the same situation now??? :banghead:

Try another option, inflation.

hopeful
02-02-12, 09:13

you damn stingy le. Dont pay image rights to the 2 beautiful ladies and still want to use. Be careful of the one in overseeing the police.
To avoid going to jail, you may be forced "to donate" like the late Mr Khoo and his children (of goodwood park hotel fame) to the government

blackjack21trader
02-02-12, 09:16
WOAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH

radha08
02-02-12, 10:34

Not in australia...

blackjack21trader
03-02-12, 17:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gf9rmxbY9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YnZO5M6L-k

one word: wow!

azeoprop
03-02-12, 17:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gf9rmxbY9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YnZO5M6L-k

one word: wow!

Now u know why they are selling so well? Aggressive marketing and unprecedented outreach program on TV, radio, youtube, facebook and tweeter. Carvinal like launch events like kite flying, drawing contest and talent contest. And the all important "I Love Watertown" slogan that makes you just want to be part of watertown.

Some of my friends who bought ATT felt stronger buyer's remorse because this watertown seems so attractive thanks to the top notch media and marketing.

:beats-me-man:

azeoprop
03-02-12, 18:02
Buying a house from a showflat and floorplan is like buying a dream.There is nothing concrete at the site. FEO has successfully created this beautiful dream in watertown and hillier. The gourmet coffee, muffin and ice cream does makes a difference in addition to the marble tiles and unique SOHO concept they provide.

:D

hyenergix
03-02-12, 20:38
Now u know why they are selling so well? Aggressive marketing and unprecedented outreach program on TV, radio, youtube, facebook and tweeter. Carvinal like launch events like kite flying, drawing contest and talent contest. And the all important "I Love Watertown" slogan that makes you just want to be part of watertown.

Some of my friends who bought ATT felt stronger buyer's remorse because this watertown seems so attractive thanks to the top notch media and marketing.

There's a nagging thought whenever I view the video: is the mall air-conditioned, or only inside the shops? It seems to be open-concept to me - which is not very attractive due to our hot and humid weather.

hopeful
03-02-12, 21:10
There's a nagging thought whenever I view the video: is the mall air-conditioned, or only inside the shops? It seems to be open-concept to me - which is not very attractive due to our hot and humid weather.

maybe like vivocity?

ay123
22-02-12, 08:44

waiting for your humble reason :D

chiaberry
22-02-12, 11:14
Yo bro it's long past V-day. :im-so-happy:

howgozit
22-02-12, 13:02
Ya... hor...

Bro BJ21T pls don't say you never mentioned which year's Valentine's Day hor...

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 05:32
wahlaueh...sister very-chia and brother suregozit are both still sleeping leh... the answers are long found here in this thread mentioned by some brothers liao hor:

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEH

ysyap
23-02-12, 05:37
wahlaueh...sister very-chia and brother suregozit are both still sleeping leh... the answers are long found here liao hor:

http://invest.justtrade.us/page7.html

http://invest.justtrade.us/page8.html

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEHMe no jap nor thai nor korean... me chinese CMI... got england version?

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 05:39
Me no jap nor thai nor korean... me chinese CMI... got england version?

WAHLAUEH ! brother ysyap !!!! So early u are up liao arh? That was fast man....

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 05:42
Me no jap nor thai nor korean... me chinese CMI... got england version?

brother ysyap, actually the answers are found right here in this thread mentioned by some brothers lor...you just have to read carefully la. Taken breakfast liao bo ?

ysyap
23-02-12, 05:43
WAHLAUEH ! brother ysyap !!!! So early u are up liao arh? That was fast man....Good morning to you too... :47:

ysyap
23-02-12, 05:44
brother ysyap, actually the answers are found right here in this thread mentioned by some brothers lor...you just have to read carefully la. Taken breakfast liao bo ?OK... me will be hardworking to read. Hardwork first then breakfast... ;)

Hey bro BJT21, website cannot be found lah...

howgozit
23-02-12, 07:23
wahlaueh...sister very-chia and brother suregozit are both still sleeping leh... the answers are long found here in this thread mentioned by some brothers liao hor:

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEH

A lot of things mentioned in this thread by a lot of brothers and sisters leh...

patricia
23-02-12, 07:41
brother ysyap, actually the answers are found right here in this thread mentioned by some brothers lor...you just have to read carefully la. Taken breakfast liao bo ? You only know how to spin grandmother story.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: So unlike Mr.Basic who provide facts/opinion.:banana: :banana:

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:19
You only know how to spin grandmother story.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: So unlike Mr.Basic who provide facts/opinion.:banana: :banana:
ur behaviour explains y u support mr B....wakakakakaka

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:32
r u sure???

US dun even hf enuff jobs for their citizens.......open floodgate??? u tink immigrants will come wif no jobs for them??? wakakakakakkakakakakakak

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:38

is this the answer?

wakakakakkaa

thomastansb
23-02-12, 09:29
That is why people think it is easy to run a government or draft policies. It is always easy to say "government should do this, do that and shouldn't have done that" when everything is over. Who don't know how to say. So many factors need to come into play.

Having said that, our transport still sucks to the max.

r u sure???

US dun even hf enuff jobs for their citizens.......open floodgate??? u tink immigrants will come wif no jobs for them??? wakakakakakkakakakakakak

Rysk
23-02-12, 09:31
You only know how to spin grandmother story.:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: So unlike Mr.Basic who provide facts/opinion.:banana: :banana:

Oh! you are referring to the one who keep saying he has the skill & knowledge.. desparately searching & copy & paste of bad news & give all the fact & opinion.. but prediction CMI one??

One moment talk BIG BIG now price drop 20% & tell ppl to bring cheque.. when ppl can't find & ask him for help.. next moment twist & turn telling ppl wait for 40%..

One moment talk BIG BIG Dow will crash before CNY.. next moment act blur & divert attention..

One moment talk BIG BIG STI will not see above 3000 level for the next 10-years.. & when STI hit 3000 this week.. next moment act blur & divert attention again..

One moment talk BIG BIG he has already sold all & only Fools will keep.. next moment say he still keeping some & waiting to sell..

Are you referring to the one I describe as above?? :D

ysyap
23-02-12, 10:46
Oh! you are referring to the one who keep saying he has the skill & knowledge.. desparately searching & copy & paste of bad news & give all the fact & opinion.. but prediction CMI one??

One moment talk BIG BIG now price drop 20% & tell ppl to bring cheque.. when ppl can't find & ask him for help.. next moment twist & turn telling ppl wait for 40%..

One moment talk BIG BIG Dow will crash before CNY.. next moment act blur & divert attention..

One moment talk BIG BIG STI will not see above 3000 level for the next 10-years.. & when STI hit 3000 this week.. next moment act blur & divert attention again..

One moment talk BIG BIG he has already sold all & only Fools will keep.. next moment say he still keeping some & waiting to sell..

Are you referring to the one I describe as above?? :DImpressive... you are following that thread... me no go that thread already! :D

PN
23-02-12, 10:57

Swee! Nice .... sure :D

roly8
23-02-12, 13:16

go one big round..so troublesome
just type out his nick la..

B . A . S . I . C
:D:D:D

CCR
23-02-12, 17:34
Give him a break lah.... sell all his asset in 2008...

Now renting and cash running lower and lower by the day..... very heart pain and panick leh...

howgozit
23-02-12, 17:45
Alamak.... basic has infected every thread...

I thought I don't visit his thread can already, but his influence is overwhelming.

CCR
23-02-12, 17:55
Alamak.... basic has infected every thread...

I thought I don't visit his thread can already, but his influence is overwhelming.

You have to give it to him...

He is really extremley persistent.... i salute his perserverance.... but i think he will continue to miss the boat if he doesnt change his stance and look at things objectively...

but then again its difficult to recover for him... if he sold his property in 2008 at 1m, now similar places at least 1.5m.... how to recover 500k.... heart sure damn pain lah

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 18:06
Let your humble brother reveal to you who I am:

I am a space alien code name 1-7-8 from the Star called Sagitaurus-1-6-8 near the Center of Galaxy milky Way, so you called it. So here goes:

QE is not new.QE have been happening since time eternal. As a matter of factly, it happened on Our Planet for millions of years.

Here on Earth, the USA have been QE-ing after the Great Depression in 1940 for the Europeans. Then in 1950s, after your WW2, USA did a QE for Japan but knowing the supply would not be enough so She unpeg from Gold and repeg to Oil.

Thereafter, USA has been QE-ing big and small for emerging economies around your World.

Then, in 1990s, after the introduction of Euro. US$ have been depreciating against oil while Euro$ have been appreciating with oil.

A bigger scale US$ QE was introduced more recently in 2008 after the Lehman Collapse. And then you get the European debt crisis in 2009 due to CDS crisis.

Here in 2012, you see the European QE taking effects.

Although every QE big or small will cause inflationary pressure BUT! the important thing to note is QE is actually good for the base currencies and the global economy ! Since to gain wide acceptance for any base currency, you need good reasons to supply them in big quantities to the global markets.

Since the first QE in 1940s, you have not seen any economic depression, only recessions.

Good Luck. That is all I can tell you.

PN
23-02-12, 18:24
Let your humble brother reveal to you who I am:

I am a space alien code name 1-7-8 from the Star called Sagitaurus-1-6-8 near the Center of Galaxy milky Way, so you called it. So here goes:

So your star is Sagittarius
Your height is 1.78m and weight is 168 pounds :D

Of course I also read the rest of your post. QE QE QE.

howgozit
23-02-12, 18:29
So your star is Sagittarius
Your height is 1.78m and weight is 168 pounds :D

Of course I also read the rest of your post. QE QE QE.

I think year of birth 1968

PN
23-02-12, 18:38
I think year of birth 1968
At first I thought it's 168kg but think it's too much for the most handsome guy in this forum.

Hmm... 1968 sounds good.

howgozit
23-02-12, 18:50
At first I thought it's 168kg but think it's too much for the most handsome guy in this forum.

Hmm... 1968 sounds good.

168kg too fat, 168lbs too skinny.

At 1.78m tall, most handsome guy in forum BMI must also be in acceptable range mah

PN
23-02-12, 19:06

At 1.78m tall, most handsome guy in forum BMI must also be in acceptable range mah

Aiyah. Why I so careless. :doh:

Worsty
23-02-12, 19:52

How is 168 pounds too skinny at 1.78m tall?

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/georges-st-pierre-16.jpg <-- This guy is 170 pounds and 1.78m tall.

Too skinny?

Maybe Brother BJ21's abs power like George St Pierre's.

howgozit
23-02-12, 19:58
How is 168 pounds too skinny at 1.78m tall?

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/georges-st-pierre-16.jpg <-- This guy is 170 pounds and 1.78m tall.

Too skinny?

Maybe Brother BJ21's abs power like George St Pierre's.

OMG you are right! My bad...

Bro BJ21T could very well look like St Pierre... not skinny at all... no wonder he is the most handsomest forummer.

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 20:04
Chiokapeng la... I could not stop laughing leh... actually when I say I most handsome I am actually being sarcastic to myself la. I am 1.72m and just hit the 100kg mark lor... my doctor keep asking me to go exercise and go on diet.. but my weight just keep ballooning from 70 kg to 100kg since I started consulting her lor..maybe she too chio gives me stress la....

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Thanks la.. you guys made my day lor....heheheheh:D

PN
23-02-12, 20:12
Chiokapeng la... I could not stop laughing leh... actually when I say I most handsome I am actually being sarcastic to myself la. I am 1.72m and just hit the 100kg mark lor... my doctor keep asking me to go exercise and go on diet.. but my weight just keep going from 70 kg to 100kg since I started consulting her lor..maybe she too chio gives me stress la....

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Thanks la.. you guys made my day lor....heheheheh:D

Alamak. Why tell the truth?
You burst the imagination & dream of some sisters here already.

Disclaimer: I'm not sister & not gay. I'm an old man. So don't worry. :D

blackjack21trader
23-02-12, 20:28

What to do... I have to face reality some day, right? I even have to photoshop my own photo album now so that when my kids are grown up they would have forgotten the old me and thought their father was always a handsome man.

extremme
23-02-12, 21:42

hahaha for obvious aesthetics reasons, i still prefer his old avatar picture :D :D

blackjack21trader
24-02-12, 05:17

Well sister patricia..what you said just hurt my ego alot.... I could not sleep yesternight leh.....:scared-5: ...

how ? now everyday driving from Thomson got jam bo ? hehehehehe

blackjack21trader
24-02-12, 05:18
hahaha for obvious aesthetics reasons, i still prefer his old avatar picture :D :D

yes la brother.... I photoshop all my photos to the extremme make my pockmarks smoother, skin whiter and my body mass leaner...clever or not , I ? hehehehehehehheheh

hyenergix
24-02-12, 05:22
yes la brother.... I photoshop all my photos to the extremme make my pockmarks smoother, skin whiter and my body mass leaner...cleveror not , I ? hehehehehehehheheh

Too white around the edges of your "face", such that it seems you have put on skin whitening lotion and forget to wipe off. I'm just curious about the lady behind you - she doesn't look local with her blond hair.

http://skinlighteningpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Skin-Bleaching-Cream.jpg

blackjack21trader
24-02-12, 05:25
Too white around the edges of your "face", such that it seems you have put on skin whitening lotion and forget to wipe off. I'm just curious about the lady behind you - she doesn't look local with her blond hair.

http://skinlighteningpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Skin-Bleaching-Cream.jpg

So sharp of you, bro hyenergix...to have noticed that ! (Of course la, so obvious ) . That young lady is not from Lion City la...she says she is kay ang mo....never know what she meant.( I suspect she is of Indian origin ) If go RWS maybe can spot her in one of the shops outside the entrance lor ... very chio hor .......hehehehheh...hint hint ...

hyenergix
24-02-12, 05:29
So sharp of you, bro hyenergix...to have noticed that ! (Of course la, so obvious ) . That young lady is not from Lion City la...she says she is kay ang mo....never know what she meant.( I suspect she is of Inidan origin )

Why you put in so much effort to hide your handsome face with photoshop? You look better without computer make-up :D

blackjack21trader
24-02-12, 05:31
Why you put in so much effort to hide your handsome face with photoshop? You look better without computer make-up :D

Dun bluff la....I never put any non-photoshop photo in the Internet. Even official ones like in facebook...you think I dumb meh. The Internet is a dangerous place.. wait someone go do gong tau ( black magic ) on me how ?...heheheheh..taken your breakfast liao bo ?

hyenergix
24-02-12, 05:39
Yup. Enjoying a cup of coffee while surfing :47:

PN
24-02-12, 06:59
So sharp of you, bro hyenergix...to have noticed that ! (Of course la, so obvious ) . That young lady is not from Lion City la...she says she is kay ang mo....never know what she meant.( I suspect she is of Indian origin ) If go RWS maybe can spot her in one of the shops outside the entrance lor ... very chio hor .......hehehehheh...hint hint ...

Why I cannot see anything?
Are you guys talking about a spirit behind ? :scared-4:

Worsty
24-02-12, 10:54
What to do... I have to face reality some day, right? I even have to photoshop my own photo album now so that when my kids are grown up they would have forgotten the old me and thought their father was always a handsome man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo <-- Handsome comes from within

blackjack21trader
24-02-12, 11:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo <-- Handsome comes from within

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY ! THANKS for sharing!

ysyap
24-02-12, 12:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo <-- Handsome comes from withinNever knew anyone would actually do a such a recording but its really hilarious.. :p

Worsty
24-02-12, 13:42
Never knew anyone would actually do a such a recording but its really hilarious.. :p

That's a skit from Jimmy Kimmel. Talk show

blackjack21trader
25-02-12, 13:44
Time to do some work, brothers and sisters! here's a problem for you ;)

Good Morning blackjack21trader,

Sorry, cant post in your above thread as i have just registed..

Cant wait for the activation to seek your advice.

Presently i own HDB 5 rooms (valuated 440k) and planning to upgrade to Ex-EC Condo (10-12 years old) 3 room about 1200sqm (price at about/above $650/sqm) in the North.. about 850K..

Do you think it is good ideal to change/upgrads
for own stay with present market?

Btw, i do need to sell off my HDB to have sufficient cash/CPF funds to put up 45-50% dowpayment for the condo (want to loan min)..

i am in my late 30s.

Thank you very much you are able to give me some advices as i am new to private property.

dear brother Naruto! Very happy you ask me this question. Many brothers in this great super property forum where all great minds converge will be able to give you sound advice ! I therefore shall take the liberty to post your message in the thread for you !

For my humble self, I feel it is good you are thinking of upgrading to private/ECs. At the minimum, you are heading in the correct direction!

If you have a secured income with your spouse of more than S$8000 per month. And if you are careful with your money, you can consider upgrading BUT ! Do look around carefully and especially location is of upmmost importance. How so ? I believe the next leg up will be locations with superb infrastructure support like MRTs and shopping malls.

And you are STILL YOUNG! Youth= $$$$

Let's hear the other great brothers and sisters idea in the forum first. See ya in the forum :)

BLACKJACK21TRADER

blackjack21trader
25-02-12, 14:14
Wei all, mai zhor kang ( dun do work ) arh ? See above post . hehehehehehehh

PN
25-02-12, 14:39
Wei all, mai zhor kang ( dun do work ) arh ? See above post . hehehehehehehh
Wah pianh. I haven't found the spirit in your avatar & now still need to look at problem.

Anyway you advised already. Although location is important, sometimes there are other things to consider. Better location with MRT & ammunities, the $$$ is higher. If you need to stay near parents or relatives for some reasons, then it can't be wrong.

850k for 3 bedder is ok for EC. But be prepared to stay longer if you are doing this for your child pri school entry.

Don't throw all CPF into the down payment. Keep some for the monthly installment. With both CPF, I believe he can comfortably depends on CPF without any cash for the 5-10yrs given that he late 30s and both are working.

(Late 30s not consider young already bro BJ21. Don't anyhow say people got youth hor)

blackjack21trader
26-02-12, 08:23
Wah pianh. I haven't found the spirit in your avatar & now still need to look at problem.

Anyway you advised already. Although location is important, sometimes there are other things to consider. Better location with MRT & ammunities, the $$$ is higher. If you need to stay near parents or relatives for some reasons, then it can't be wrong.

850k for 3 bedder is ok for EC. But be prepared to stay longer if you are doing this for your child pri school entry.

Don't throw all CPF into the down payment. Keep some for the monthly installment. With both CPF, I believe he can comfortably depends on CPF without any cash for the 5-10yrs given that he late 30s and both are working.

(Late 30s not consider young already bro BJ21. Don't anyhow say people got youth hor)

everyone saw this chiobu in my avatar except you !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/IMG_0172.jpg

:doh: :doh: :doh:

PN
26-02-12, 09:30
I must be seriously blind to miss such an obvious human being.

:D:D :D

Douk
26-02-12, 09:33
Cpf interest is higher than loan interest now.

PN
26-02-12, 10:15
Cpf interest is higher than loan interest now.

Agree. CPF interest is higher than loan interest.

However, if a couple has combine of few hundreds k in CPF, it doesn't make sense to leave them there & not utilizing them for property. Especially for upgraders, to be worry free knowing that your CPF will be able to cover your installment without paying cash is important.

Additinal cash free up every month can be of better use in other areas.

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 13:59
Only if the nett return from home investment is more than CPF return for using the last 60k of the cpf account.
Agree. CPF interest is higher than loan interest.

However, if a couple has combine of few hundreds k in CPF, it doesn't make sense to leave them there & not utilizing them for property. Especially for upgraders, to be worry free knowing that your CPF will be able to cover your installment without paying cash is important.

Additinal cash free up every month can be of better use in other areas.

KC76
26-02-12, 14:12

Actually best is to get a PC without selling d hdb if one can afford. HDB is a good cashcow. If not, buy EC still gotta wait 5 yrs MOP before u can get PC

price
26-02-12, 16:26
Actually best is to get a PC without selling d hdb if one can afford. HDB is a good cashcow. If not, buy EC still gotta wait 5 yrs MOP before u can get PC

Buy HDB also got 5 years MOP no?

stiook
26-02-12, 18:38

Dear Naruto,

Just want to share with you some of my consideration when I upgraded:

1. Reason for moving. Why do you have to move? Are you just moving across the road? Or are you moving to be near parents etc? Is your reason to move time sensitive or are you able to wait, in case market soften?

2. Are you comfortable at this price level, taking into account your finance situation, dependents, job security? Without any idea of your situation, it is hard to comment but I suppose a loan of $400k would be fairly comfortable for you since you are looking at PC.

3. Are you able to stretch the budget further and keep the HDB, given that you will not be able to buy another one until you give up your PC.

These are some of the things I considered when I upgraded. In fact, when I was looking, I even consider HDB because I moved for logistic reasons. It was not that die die must have PC... Also OK with HDB. Btw, after we moved into condo, life has not really changed much... After the initial few months, things are back to normal.

whoh757
27-02-12, 15:28
Buy HDB also got 5 years MOP no?

Hi all,
I have a question. If buy a resale HDB, no grant, and fully paid too with no owings at all, are we subjected to the 5-year MOP?

price
27-02-12, 16:52
Hi all,
I have a question. If buy a resale HDB, no grant, and fully paid too with no owings at all, are we subjected to the 5-year MOP?

Yes still under MOP

focus
27-02-12, 20:53
Naruto,
Can you buy new EC? Tampines Trilliant selling $680k for 3bedders.

peterng8
28-02-12, 09:47
can be trusted or not?:p

Private property prices to fall up to 12% over next 3 months: Analysts

Private residential property prices are expected to fall as much as 12 per cent over the next three months. This is according to analysts who also expect demand for private homes to decline as well over the next few months.
Analysts say the recent move by the Government to introduce additional buyer’s stamp duty (ABSD) as a further cooling measure may dampen demand from potential upgraders who make up the bulk of private property buyers here
The decline in sales and prices are also expected to affect mass market private homes more this time round as the luxury segment has already been hit when the latest property cooling measures were introduced late last year.
ECG Property managing director Shawn Tan told MediaCorp that “the additional stamp duties hinder upgraders which form up the majority number of the mass market purchasers. We should be seeing a bit of correction in prices, say 8 per cent to 12 per cent for the next two to three months”.
Even last month’s spike in private home sales could not bolster analysts’ sentiment on the property sector. They reckon that the rise in sales will unlikely be sustainable because it was not broad-based and, instead, most of the sales came mainly from only a few projects.
SLP International Property Consultants executive director Nicholas Mak said “the strong sales in January were due to the strong take-up in 4 new launches in that month”.
The four new launches are the Watertown, The Hillier, Parc Rosewood and executive condominium The Rainforest.
“The four projects sold 770 units, 387 units, 198 units and 172 units respectively. Combined, they made up 73.5 per cent of the 2,077 total units sold in January,” said Mr Mak. He added that, excluding these four new launches, “sales volume would be a mere 550 units, close to the 670 units sold in December 2011, which was the lowest for the year of 2011″.
Meanwhile, analysts say attractive offers from developers contributed to the increased sales in new projects last month.
“Developers are giving perks, rebates and renovation vouchers in return to cushion off the ABSD. Hence, the impact may not be felt greatly by the purchasers,” said Mr Tan.
The sale of luxury condominiums continued its downtrend with units sold in the core central region posting a 51-per-cent decline on-month in January.
Mr Ong Teck Hui, executive director of research and consultancy at Credo Real Estate, said: “The prime market has been slow with only 10 per cent share of primary market sales. Demand in the prime market is expected to weaken further due to the ABSD, as a quarter of demand in prime comes from foreigners.”
On a brighter note, analysts expect sales of local properties for investment purposes will continue to remain healthy.
This is due to Singapore’s relatively lower property prices as compared to Hong Kong or bigger cities in China.
Some analysts pointed out that foreign investors may also move into the mass market segment as prices there look attractive.
Source : Today – 27 Feb 2012

blackjack21trader
28-02-12, 14:57
After several weeks of intensive meditation and many droplets of smelly sweats...yesternight my windows suddenly swung opened and an intensive light beamed right into my study room.

I slowly opened my three eyes and saw the following answer written on my floor:

"The reason why people are buying even at OCR is a reflection of Singapore's success in upgrading the supporting infrastructures in these area with new shopping malls, recreational facillities, highways, MRTs and the various modes of connecting transportation system. The duplication of the CBD with business and commerical hubs in the OCR also play a critical role in the perceived values of properties in such areas. In addition, the population of these area is growing and the demographics are alive with young professionals!

Hence, the willingness of buyers to pay a fair price for these projects.."

After completing the reading of the words on the floor, the words started to morph and a swirling beam of light started to stir around the words and it gets brighter and brighter and soon, a naked female form began to appear !

Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

(PS: The above answer is a compilation and filtration of the many brothers and sisters contribution to this thread. I merely composed them after reading/analysing their replies in this thread. This is not my original idea hor ! )

iwantgizmos
28-02-12, 15:07
After several weeks of intensive meditation and many droplets of smelly sweats...yesternight my windows suddenly swung opened and an intensive light beamed right into my study room.

"The reason why people are buying even at OCR is a reflection of Singapore's success in upgrading the supporting infrastructures in these area with new shopping malls, recreational facillities, highways, MRTs and the various modes of connecting transportation system. The duplication of the CBD with business and commerical hubs in the OCR also play a critical role in the perceived values of properties in such areas. In addition, the population of these area is growing and the demographics are alive with young professionals!

After completing the reading of the words on the floor, the words started to morph and a swirling beam of light started to stir around the words and it gets brighter and brighter and soon, a naked female form began to appear !

Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

(PS: The above answer is a compilation and filtration of the many brothers and sisters contribution to this thread. I merely composed them after reading/analysing their replies in this thread. This is not my original idea hor ! )
wahhh... reading this post is like watching drama on Channel 8...
power !

minority
28-02-12, 16:38

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

So drama ah... ;) OCR is popular is not becoz pple bought in on the idea of new value? Still not proven by any down turn. When it test comes we will all know if it holds it weight in gold.

ay123
28-02-12, 16:48
i think OCR is mainly supported by upgrader who has flip their HDB with decent profit which can drastically reduce their loan quantum. Also coupled with the new concept and belief

hopeful
28-02-12, 19:04
Then,I discovered my saliva was dripping onto my pajamas and suddenly, I found myself awoken from the meditation and the room was returned to normacy. .......

wet dreams also can think of property? you damn power:).
what kind of "saliva" dripping ya:rolleyes:

hyenergix
28-02-12, 19:51

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

U haven't changed from your younger days...

blackjack21trader
29-02-12, 09:05
U haven't changed from your younger days...

dun buff la... last time u also like that one hor. i was innocent and pure until one of you taught me how to be teekor ok.

devilplate
29-02-12, 09:07
dun buff la... last time u also like that one hor. i was innocent and pure until one of you taught me how to be teekor ok.
most of ur stocks recovered and positive oredi i tink.....

blackjack21trader
29-02-12, 09:10
most of ur stocks recovered and positive oredi i tink.....

yes ! brother devilplate. about 7 out of 10 stocks held is very positive leh. So happy. Thanks for you and many brothers and sisters encouragement here when I was down last time hor. :)

devilplate
29-02-12, 09:13
yes ! brother devilplate. about 7 out of 10 stocks held is very positive leh. So happy. Thanks for you and many brothers and sisters encouragement here when I was down last time hor. :)
remember to set stop loss this round hor......hehehe

blackjack21trader
29-02-12, 09:16
remember to set stop loss this round hor......hehehe

WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...FUNNY !

Actually there is another reason why property in OCR selling well, but I dun dare to reveal hor.... WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

devilplate
29-02-12, 09:21
WOAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...FUNNY !

Actually there is another reason why property in OCR selling well, but I dun dare to reveal hor.... WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
not mentioned b4 over here?

blackjack21trader
29-02-12, 09:31
not mentioned b4 over here?

nope....but i can see all the signs showing liao...

JoyLye
29-02-12, 10:05
nope....but i can see all the signs showing liao...

dont mind sharing what you see

ay123
29-02-12, 16:43
stock stock stock !!!!

blackjack21trader
29-02-12, 18:04
dont mind sharing what you see

although I know SPH is on my side, but I better dun risk it. I cannot tell until the mass media begin to see it first and tell first hor.

insigina
29-02-12, 19:03
although I know SPH is on my side, but I better dun risk it. I cannot tell until the mass media begin to see it first and tell first hor.

Maybe the answer lies in this headline?
Property mass-market starts post-ABSD recovery

Adva181
29-02-12, 22:22
Even if land cost drop 10-20%, ppty price also wun drop much as govt restrict labour n increase levies meaning labour to build up 30% n if commodities keep going up which I bet it will, the material cost will go up 20-30% too.
Actually if u see the market on a Marco view, the ORC pricing between $1000-$1400psf is going to be norm with RCR $1300-$1600 n CCR launching at above $2000 for new launch.
Just that the gap between OCR n CCR become smaller.

Naruto
01-03-12, 15:16

Wow, finally..can post..

Hi bro BJ21T,

Thank you for your advice.. It is quite stressful to consider from HDB to private property.. very green with private property..like financing plan, moving from house to house...or sell first, rent and wait for the
correction to come.. If no correction, also dont really matter for own stay...as long as one is affordable to..right?

Naruto
01-03-12, 15:22

Hi PN,

Yea, better location higher $$$..Intend to buy for own stay and for family to enjoy...As duration, should be till my children dont want us...then buy a small HDB for wify and myself..or go to gov's new ideal, void deck house..
kekekeke..

Naruto
01-03-12, 15:36
Dear Naruto,

Just want to share with you some of my consideration when I upgraded:

1. Reason for moving. Why do you have to move? Are you just moving across the road? Or are you moving to be near parents etc? Is your reason to move time sensitive or are you able to wait, in case market soften?

2. Are you comfortable at this price level, taking into account your finance situation, dependents, job security? Without any idea of your situation, it is hard to comment but I suppose a loan of $400k would be fairly comfortable for you since you are looking at PC.

3. Are you able to stretch the budget further and keep the HDB, given that you will not be able to buy another one until you give up your PC.

These are some of the things I considered when I upgraded. In fact, when I was looking, I even consider HDB because I moved for logistic reasons. It was not that die die must have PC... Also OK with HDB. Btw, after we moved into condo, life has not really changed much... After the initial few months, things are back to normal.

Hi Stiook,

Thank you for sharing, very much appreicated.

1. Moving within the same estate, near to parents (across the road)..
Yes, able to wait..Intend to sell, rent/stay will parents
and see see look look market for 3 to 6 months..(Not waiting for
bubble) but for a softer market..if it do happen..if not, just buy one
as and when we find one unit we like..

2. Yes, comfortable with present market also. But wouldnt want to rush
to buy one.

3. Yea, best to keep HDB (everyone say), but need funds from my
HDB sale to minimize next house the loan amount..

Originally, intend to change to another bigger HDB unit..But was told,
not advisable to..HDB to HDB (even bigger unit) waste money, stamp fee, lawyer fees and etc...Better to renovate present house.. :doh:

Really lor, after a few months, back to normal..thank you for your advice.

Naruto
01-03-12, 15:45
Naruto,
Can you buy new EC? Tampines Trilliant selling $680k for 3bedders.

Yes, present house stay for 11 years oreadi...Problem is, dont want to wait for 2-3 years and now, some new projects do selling below 800K for
3 bedders. it size...small...Sometime, dont know how they squeez 3 rooms in a less then 1000sqft unit..some even have patio/balony..:banghead:

My present HDB 5 rooms, 1300sqft.. yea, cant compare HDB to private lah.. can accept smaller unit, but not those 980sqft or smaller ones..

minority
01-03-12, 16:53
Yes, present house stay for 11 years oreadi...Problem is, dont want to wait for 2-3 years and now, some new projects do selling below 800K for
3 bedders. it size...small...Sometime, dont know how they squeez 3 rooms in a less then 1000sqft unit..some even have patio/balony..:banghead:

My present HDB 5 rooms, 1300sqft.. yea, cant compare HDB to private lah.. can accept smaller unit, but not those 980sqft or smaller ones..

stay always make sure comfortable. moving forward space in sgp will be premium. always good to keep a comfortable place to stay. coz thats priceless. dont be like HERO Mr B. will be sweating or have to downgrade living standard later.

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:33
stay always make sure comfortable. moving forward space in sgp will be premium. always good to keep a comfortable place to stay. coz thats priceless. dont be like HERO Mr B. will be sweating or have to downgrade living standard later.
mr B aka Moron's 500k can only buy a 3rm flat later on.....wakakaka

Naruto
01-03-12, 18:47

Yes, Home is always priceless.

Sorry, newbie here for advices, what happen to....Mr B?

Thank you for your advice.

Naruto
01-03-12, 18:53
Hi bros,

i am here for advice and to learnt.. if i write anything that may not sound good to you..please excuse me for my ignorance.:)

Naruto
06-03-12, 20:33
Mmmmm, sold my house...have start hunting for our dream home now..:scared-2:

Rysk
06-03-12, 21:19
Yes, Home is always priceless.

Sorry, newbie here for advices, what happen to....Mr B?

Thank you for your advice.

Oh! U also know MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT MR. B hah..

Heard that he just extended another 20-yrs lease with his current landlord.. his landlord must be a happy person now..

blackjack21trader
07-03-12, 06:03

Heard that he just extended another 20-yrs lease with his current landlord.. his landlord must be a happy person now..

WOAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

blackjack21trader
07-03-12, 06:06
Hi bros,

i am here for advice and to learnt.. if i write anything that may not sound good to you..please excuse me for my ignorance.:)

Dun worry about nothing, brother Naruto. 99% of the brothers and sisters here are all ready to give you good advice except the 1%. You can say whatever you want as long as it does not involve any offensive racist or anti-religion remarks.

We are all here to learn. If you got a good info to share, even if it is hurting to our ears, we will accept it and offer any contrary views if applicable.

Good Luck.

Naruto
07-03-12, 07:33

Thank you for reminding MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT MR. B.

In general, I only know, no property owners want their property(ies)
value to depreciate and home seekers looking for property value to drop.
Even though nobody can really know what going to happen in the
next few years or even months.. Can you?

Naruto
07-03-12, 08:02
Dun worry about nothing, brother Naruto. 99% of the brothers and sisters here are all ready to give you good advice except the 1%. You can say whatever you want as long as it does not involve any offensive racist or anti-religion remarks.

We are all here to learn. If you got a good info to share, even if it is hurting to our ears, we will accept it and offer any contrary views if applicable.

Good Luck.

Bro BJ21T, totally understand your message.

Will share good infos instead of asking only.

Thank you.

Here it goes,

Put my HDB 5 rooms up for sale (Far North)..

Sold within 2 days..Many viewers (more than 12 group)..
1st day, 7 offers but not up to expectation or very low COV..
2nd day, sold in the morning 9am+!! one of the viewers from 1st
day (COV 35K above)

In my own view, Many of us (Sporean) very free on weekend.
Some of our hobby is to like time viewing houses with no intention
to buy.. Anyhow, today it is buyers' market..

have been viewing a few condo in west/north and far north (Since dec last year), can see resale mass market condo sale slowing down..

Quite a number of property agent (the units we viewed) call back
to inform that owners willing to lower 10-20K of their original asking price and can further negotiable.

If anyone saying dont miss the present train ...To me, this is a high
class train..Maybe i will wait for my MRT to come.. dont flame me,
i might/may be wrong.

stiook
07-03-12, 22:47
Congrats on taking the step forward. It was certainly a big decision for me back then...now you can focus and look for your next home.:)

JoyLye
08-03-12, 14:08

Good Luck.

just for discussion,
I think a lot of people know the property price is all-time high even compared last peak, however they would rather buy now in case they would be completely priced out of pte property in the future. With most countries printing money, the liquidity has driven up all prices, whether this will continue or not, nobody know. Even when US did the QE3, will the effect be same as Qe2/1, no one knows as well. Singapore is a small and investment friendly country, prices are also easily driven up by the rich foreigners, be it liquidity flood or crisis situation.
I have a friend who sold her house she stayed 2 years ago, she is still renting the house. She can;t buy back as prices have gone up, she is waiting for prices to correct.
I have another friend who recently also sold his house he stayed. He will be waiting for a good time to buy in the future. It all depends on individual as how secure ones feel when not staying in his/her own house.

Naruto
08-03-12, 18:35
Congrats on taking the step forward. It was certainly a big decision for me back then...now you can focus and look for your next home.:)

Hi Stiook, thank you

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 14:20
Why sell 5 room HDB flat? Point block type? :doh:

Thank you.

Here it goes,

day (COV 35K above)

have been viewing a few condo in west/north and far north (Since dec last year), can see resale mass market condo sale slowing down..

to inform that owners willing to lower 10-20K of their original asking price and can further negotiable.

i might/may be wrong.

minority
10-03-12, 18:49

Thank you.

Here it goes,

day (COV 35K above)

i might/may be wrong.

No leh I go c so many condo their price never come down at all. In fact some ask higher.

Leeds
10-03-12, 19:29
just for discussion,
I think a lot of people know the property price is all-time high even compared last peak, however they would rather buy now in case they would be completely priced out of pte property in the future. With most countries printing money, the liquidity has driven up all prices, whether this will continue or not, nobody know. Even when US did the QE3, will the effect be same as Qe2/1, no one knows as well. Singapore is a small and investment friendly country, prices are also easily driven up by the rich foreigners, be it liquidity flood or crisis situation.
I have a friend who sold her house she stayed 2 years ago, she is still renting the house. She can;t buy back as prices have gone up, she is waiting for prices to correct.
I have another friend who recently also sold his house he stayed. He will be waiting for a good time to buy in the future. It all depends on individual as how secure ones feel when not staying in his/her own house.

For the purpose of discussion, I do agree that consumers are usually driven by fear that prices are going up and may be beyond their reach if they do not act now. This happen in every property bull run like it is now. It is only human to feel and behave that way. I

Indeed, there are a sizable group of people who sold their only roof and hoping to buy low at a later time. The fact is that this bull run is quite different from the past bulls due to the huge liquidity all over the world. The government hope through CM would deter foreigners from pushing up prices here. It has some results but it is the local now that are driving up prices. I believe the government is monitoring very closely and will not allow property prices to rise beyond income level as it is now. As we all know, too high property prices will cause social divide and a high political price to pay.

We should be a little patient and see how the unusual large supply will do to the market. If the government cannot influence the supply side, we can be sure KBW will try to influence the demand side in the next CM.

Laguna
10-03-12, 20:24
I just read the Asia Property Market Sentiment report 2012 by iProperty covering Sg, My, HK and Indonesia.

There are couples of observations. The most noticable ones are :

1. fear of higher price due to run away inflation and cheap liquid
2. implied from the survey is the strong pent-up demand as many are looking to buy, and fews are selling.

One test u may wish to carry out yourself : during your lunch with frns, or whatsoever events, when appropriate, ask around, how many around u want to buy and how many want to sell, u will draw a very clear conclusion thereon. Of course subject to economy condition, which PM recently has given the answer.

please note : in the report, the landed properties in HK refer to private apartments/ condo.

google for the report, worth a read even the extent of survey only cover 1000+ per country.

Naruto
11-03-12, 11:11
Why sell 5 room HDB flat? Point block type? :doh:

Sell to change/upgrade? No, not point block..

Naruto
11-03-12, 11:15
No leh I go c so many condo their price never come down at all. In fact some ask higher.

Maybe the units i viewed not hot... Nothing wrong for some asking for higher. Mine, i did ask for higher also, if cant sell just stay and dont sell lol.. BTW, i am talkng about resale.cheer