PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat - Bishan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

testtest
29-01-12, 14:49
This is the name of the new Condo by Capitaland in Bishan. Admin - pls delete the other thread.

http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/

kane
29-01-12, 14:54
The showroom looks like it's ready to open for business.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 14:54
What a name copy euhabitat? Watertown success give capl excuse to sell 1600psf lol, circle line to holland v oso a booster

kane
29-01-12, 15:00
What a name copy euhabitat? Watertown success give capl excuse to sell 1600psf lol, circle line to holland v oso a booster

Wonder if they have sky villas?

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 15:04
Wonder if they have sky villas?
I rather buy this compared to watertown, die die still can rent out and say designer condo

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 15:05
$1400psf for MM?

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 15:08
$1400psf for MM?
should be 1 mio for smallest

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 15:12
Do you mean $1800-2000psf?
should be 1 mio for smallest

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 15:29
Smallest is 680sqft. Abt 1450psf. Maybe for the lower floor.
Do you mean $1800-2000psf?

Rosy
29-01-12, 15:33
It will not be as sellable as WT. need to rework their quantum to 700k+

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 15:35
Cannot lah! Resale condo already beyond 700k for larger unit. Ponggol is much lower.
It will not be as sellable as WT. need to rework their quantum to 700k+

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 15:47
It depends on sti, if above 3k will be huge confidence booster, Dow at 13k soon

solsys
29-01-12, 16:07
Conservative bull like me also stumped at the rate how developers are pricing the near to MRT developments.

I wonder how the bears are feeling..... those who sold their only roof must be feeling kanchiong....

kane
29-01-12, 16:13
Maybe some of the Bishan loft owners eyeing to upgrade to this. Sell high buy higher.

Eastboy
29-01-12, 17:26
omg that's about 980K. :banghead:

kane
29-01-12, 18:03

Designer architect mah... Heh.

DKSG
29-01-12, 18:19
I rather buy this compared to watertown, die die still can rent out and say designer condo

You say that because you assume the psf is how much ?

If it starts with 1,600 up to 1,850, will you still think this is better (buy) ?

DKSG
29-01-12, 18:20

Dont OMG yet, dont :banghead: yet. I doubt the 640 sf is going for 1450 psf.
Chances are, it will be much higher!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

Pro888
29-01-12, 18:25
Designer architect mah... Heh.

Maybe 10% - 20% higher than AMK Centro current transacted price.

Targeted at different gp of people.

Pro888
29-01-12, 18:29
Dun be :scared-1: if price hit $1700-1800 psf for higher flr units.

sh
29-01-12, 19:09

name from the original "Habitat" in 1967 from the architect.

http://www.msafdie.com/#/projects/habitat67

If anything. FEO copied the name.

Wild Falcon
29-01-12, 20:12
Capitaland recent "FT designer condo" launches like d'Leedon all failure leh. After so long can't even sell 20%. Better don't overprice like d'Leedon (1500psf?). Or else simi FT designer also useless. Must learn a thing or two from FEO. FEO never use FT designer and yet condos are functional and never cut back on quality finishings.

kane
29-01-12, 20:50
Capitaland recent "FT designer condo" launches like d'Leedon all failure leh. After so long can't even sell 20%. Better don't overprice like d'Leedon (1500psf?). Or else simi FT designer also useless. Must learn a thing or two from FEO. FEO never use FT designer and yet condos are functional and never cut back on quality finishings.

d'leedon was overpriced initially, but now, i'm not so sure...

testtest
29-01-12, 21:46
Super high floor won't be cheap, prepare for 1800psf

kane
29-01-12, 22:10
That would make their own d'leedon look more reasonable ironically.

Arcachon
30-01-12, 02:11
This is the name of the new Condo by Capitaland in Bishan. Admin - pls delete the other thread.

http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/

I like the MRT depot view. Can see the MRT rolling into the Depot at the end of the days.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2012-01-26/bishan_site.jpg

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Five+condos+to+look+forward+to+in+2012/

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/4190547.jpg

ysyap
30-01-12, 05:42
Well I'm sure there buyers are still price sensitive. Only an intial bang which would lure and entice buyers with deep pockets to rush in. After a month or two, demand will drop. Check out Thomson Grand for $14xx psf. Initially super hot but now super cold. But if price is right, it will sell like hotcakes for longer time. Big question then is, 'what is the right price?' :rolleyes: I suspect in the vicinity of $13xx psf to $15xx psf. :D

hyenergix
30-01-12, 06:42
Well I'm sure there buyers are still price sensitive. Only an intial bang which would lure and entice buyers with deep pockets to rush in. After a month or two, demand will drop. Check out Thomson Grand for $14xx psf. Initially super hot but now super cold. But if price is right, it will sell like hotcakes for longer time. Big question then is, 'what is the right price?' :rolleyes: I suspect in the vicinity of $13xx psf to $15xx psf. :D

You are looking at a project near 2 MRT stations, a big mall with cinema, near city center, PIE and CTE and good schools, and in the midst of one of the most expensive HDBs in Singapore. $13xx is extremely unlikely.

ysyap
30-01-12, 06:46
You are looking at a project near 2 MRT stations, a big mall with cinema, near city center, PIE and CTE and good schools, and in the midst of one of the most expensive HDBs in Singapore. $13xx is extremely unlikely.Was referring $13xx psf to the penthouses, a 2000 sqft unit will easily cost about $2.8mil... the MM more like $15xx psf. Just an guess! :cheers6:

Actually is one MRT station with two lines! :)

pineapple
30-01-12, 06:50
Benchmark it against Centro at AMK..
It has much better value than that given location and condo design

hyenergix
30-01-12, 06:53
Was referring $13xx psf to the penthouses, a 2000 sqft unit will easily cost about $2.8mil... the MM more like $15xx psf. Just an guess! :cheers6:

Actually is one MRT station with two lines! :)

$13xx psf for the 38th storey pent-house is quite hard. The view will be spectacular at the pent house. Just go up to the highest floor (not even hitting 30 storey) of one of the point block HDB in bishan to appreciate. My guess only.

testtest
30-01-12, 07:22
$13xx psf for the 38th storey pent-house is quite hard. The view will be spectacular at the pent house. Just go up to the highest floor (not even hitting 30 storey) of one of the point block HDB in bishan to appreciate. My guess only.

Agree, this will be priced "Sky" high...:cool:

kane
30-01-12, 07:55
As there aren't many 40 storey buildings around. You can get a very clear view all round.

kal
30-01-12, 10:11
capland's dleedon 24flr is 1700psf, 25th flr and abv is 2000psf up. So high floor of sky habitat will be ........

Wild Falcon
30-01-12, 10:17
But still very heartland and HDB crowd. No matter how expensive is HDB, still HDB. I think Bishan HDB is the worst performing HDB flats in terms of price appreciation in SG. 10 years ago already heard some idiot buy Bishan HDB for $1 million. Today price stil the same or decline while the rest of SG like Redhill and Clementi become the hot fave. Remember, these pple are the ones who do not make much from their HDB flats. Unless they continue to be suckers lah.

And this is a normal condo, not integrated with shopping center or MRT. The land around it all HDB land for residential. Bishan is one place with cheap 99LH condo and expensive HDB. I think if price at 1600psf, would be hard to sell unless very small units lor.

You are looking at a project near 2 MRT stations, a big mall with cinema, near city center, PIE and CTE and good schools, and in the midst of one of the most expensive HDBs in Singapore. $13xx is extremely unlikely.

Lovelle
30-01-12, 10:22
i am guessing the price is a slight above Bedok Resi..

testtest
30-01-12, 11:09
But still very heartland and HDB crowd. No matter how expensive is HDB, still HDB. I think Bishan HDB is the worst performing HDB flats in terms of price appreciation in SG. 10 years ago already heard some idiot buy Bishan HDB for $1 million. Today price stil the same or decline while the rest of SG like Redhill and Clementi become the hot fave. Remember, these pple are the ones who do not make much from their HDB flats. Unless they continue to be suckers lah.

And this is a normal condo, not integrated with shopping center or MRT. The land around it all HDB land for residential. Bishan is one place with cheap 99LH condo and expensive HDB. I think if price at 1600psf, would be hard to sell unless very small units lor.

Are you living in Mars? Bishan HDB is worst performing???

kane
30-01-12, 11:19
Are you living in Mars? Bishan HDB is worst performing???

Worst performing in terms of appreciation in the last 10 years and I would tend to agreewith him because they had such a ggood run in the 90s that it's been slow in the last decade. Maybe they will wake out from their slumber this decade.

phantom_opera
30-01-12, 11:23
Worst performing in terms of appreciation in the last 10 years and I would tend to agreewith him because they had such a ggood run in the 90s that it's been slow in the last decade. Maybe they will wake out from their slumber this decade.

I think construction of CCL and shift of focus from Orchard to Marina Bay make Bishan less attractive compared to b4 ...

Count the number of MRT stops to Marina Bay u will understand why

CCR
30-01-12, 14:41
Forummers.... capitaland bid 869 psf for the land right?

With designer architect, construction costs will be in excss of $400psf...

Breakeven will easily be at least 1250 to 1300 psf.... inlcuding showflat, marketing costs etc...

How can they then sell MM for 1450psf? If any of the units sell for less than 1450psf I will be really surprised...

My prediction low floor bigger units 1350psf..... all the way up to 2300 psf for high floor MM units...

They will then drive the traffic to D'leedon...

Then they will bid for the reserve condo site at Jurong East MRT station and price it as high as Sky habitat, then it will drive demand to Sky habitat.... then can slowly sell Jurong after all the amenities are up....

Exciting times...

Tripp
30-01-12, 16:07
Capitaland has awarded the foundation contract for Sky Habitat to CSC Holdings, back in Dec 11.

http://www.cschl.com.sg/images/stories/csc/news/announcement_csc_awarded_another_50m_in_contracts_20111212.pdf

Contract done and dusted before the project is even launched. Applaud.

ysyap
30-01-12, 16:59

Breakeven will easily be at least 1250 to 1300 psf.... inlcuding showflat, marketing costs etc...

How can they then sell MM for 1450psf? If any of the units sell for less than 1450psf I will be really surprised...

My prediction low floor bigger units 1350psf..... all the way up to 2300 psf for high floor MM units...

Then they will bid for the reserve condo site at Jurong East MRT station and price it as high as Sky habitat, then it will drive demand to Sky habitat.... then can slowly sell Jurong after all the amenities are up....

Exciting times...Exciting or bazzard times... I seriously doubt it'll ever reach $2300 psf. I'll swing to CCR immediately... This is Bishan... This project might just triggle CM6 if not managed properly... :scared-3:

bargain hunter
14-02-12, 10:26
Sky Habitat targeted for launch in Q2 2012.

mcmlxxvi
14-02-12, 11:18

Exciting times...
Sounds like a plan.

mcmlxxvi
14-02-12, 11:20
Exciting or bazzard times... I seriously doubt it'll ever reach $2300 psf. I'll swing to CCR immediately... This is Bishan... This project might just triggle CM6 if not managed properly... :scared-3:
You meant to say bizarre or buzzard... Or bazaar. Different meaning leh...

chiaberry
14-02-12, 11:22
I hope the govt are closely watching Capland. Another round of CM could be brewing. Blame the developers. We consumers are the victims. :scared-1:

testtest
14-02-12, 11:51
Sky Habitat targeted for launch in Q2 2012.

is there news it will be Q2?

august
14-02-12, 12:06

Capland said it last yr.

azeoprop
14-02-12, 12:10
can do bungee jump from the sky bridge. haa haa...:p

bargain hunter
14-02-12, 12:27
as per what august said. and they also reinforced it with their presentation slides for their results release this morning.

Lovelle
14-02-12, 12:39
capland very bullish with sg property... so there won't be cheap launch

testtest
14-02-12, 13:01
capland very bullish with sg property... so there won't be cheap launch

if 1400psf, can consider, but i think its will be higher...ave should be 1600?

land118
15-02-12, 13:15
added attraction for Bishan condos..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1183121/1/.html

A natural river in Bishan Park
Posted: 15 February 2012 1354 hrs

SINGAPORE: What used to be a concrete canal in Bishan Park has been transformed into a natural river that will make the community space more vibrant.

The National Park Board (NParks) said on Wednesday that the waterway flows right at the doorsteps of Bishan and Ang Mo Kio.

The project by NParks and national water agency PUB is part of the Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC Waters) Programme to beautify Singapore's waterscape.

They transformed the section of Kallang River that ran in a canal along the edge of the park into a natural river.

Residents are no longer separated by the canal, improving connectivity to the park.

When water level in the river is low, users can get closer to water and enjoy recreational activities along the river banks.

During heavy rain, the park land next to the river serves as a channel to carry water downstream.

A river monitoring and warning system with water level sensors, warning lights, sirens and audio announcements will provide early warning when heavy rain or rising water levels are expected.

Warning signs, red markers and life buoys have also been put up along the river.

The river monitoring system will trigger warning lights, as well as the siren and audio announcements at safety nodes, to alert park users.

Safety lines with buoys are provided at selected locations, along with CCTVs and round-the-clock patrol surveillance.

"While we want to encourage the community to get close to water, we are also mindful that the safety of the public is paramount. In designing this river with naturalised banks and gentle slopes, we also put in place a series of measures to ensure the safety of park users is not compromised," said Mr Tan Nguan Sen, PUB's Director of Catchment and Waterways.

NParks said the rejuvenated park has new and improved amenities for the community to play, interact and bond.

There are three new playgrounds, a new fast-food outlet and a new restaurant.

There is also the Recycle Hill, which was formed using concrete from the former canal to preserve the park's history and re-use the concrete in a creative way.

Sitting on the hill is an award-winning sculpture by local sculptor Kelvin Lim Fun Kit, called An Enclosure For A Swing.

Assistant Chief Executive Officer of NParks, Mr Kong Yit San, said: "The introduction of a naturalised river has also brought birds, dragonflies, waterhens and little egrets closer to our doorsteps. With the variety of amenities catering to the diverse needs of our park users, we believe that the new Bishan Park will draw visitors from all over, and bring Singapore closer to being a City in a Garden."

- CNA/fa

mcmlxxvi
15-02-12, 14:57
Full of crap... Natural river? Do they understand English? Do they really intend to turn it into a muddy and messy place where upstream, kids play and pee in the water, midstream all sorts of waste gets dumped in and downstream housewives do their laundry beating away at it... Thats the real NATURAL river for you.

mantrix
15-02-12, 19:22
Full of crap... Natural river? Do they understand English? Do they really intend to turn it into a muddy and messy place where upstream, kids play and pee in the water, midstream all sorts of waste gets dumped in and downstream housewives do their laundry beating away at it... Thats the real NATURAL river for you.

as it is, it's more like a tiny stream...and yes, once opened to the public, will be subject to abuse...:hell-hath-no-fury:

amk
16-02-12, 13:26
.. and it cost tax payer's money something like 80mil ?? :tongue3:

... sometimes I dun understand how ENV plans its projects. there was nothing wrong on the original bishan park.... :(

Lovelle
16-02-12, 13:28
.. and it cost tax payer's money something like 80mil ?? :tongue3:

... sometimes I dun understand how ENV plans its projects. there was nothing wrong on the original bishan park.... :(

800mil ...closed to 799mil

chiaberry
16-02-12, 13:34
They seem to have too much money to spend. For example, behind my house they are going to make a walking path for people to walk around next to the jungle (this is joining from the Treetops walk). I thought Treetops walk, Lower Pierce reservoir and Bishan Park nearby should be good enough for walkers. Now I will be having people disturbing next to my back yard. And I doubt if we are able to stop it since it is state land. I hope they will be attacked by monkeys and snakes :simmering: Maybe they would discourage the monkeys from coming into our place and eating my MIL's orchid flowers.

amk
16-02-12, 19:00

What ??!!!!! :scared-4: :simmering: :simmering:

I tell you this is WAY WAY WORSE than million dollar minister pay !! How come no opposition question gov's wisdom wasting money like this ?!

WTF 800mil can give every tax payer a 20% tax rebate still with change !

chiaberry
16-02-12, 20:11
Why are govt spending so much $$$ on ABC Waters projects? Anyone in there who's highly connected that they are channelling work in that direction?

kane
16-02-12, 20:31
The showroom looks complete. Psf wise probably too rich for my liking but i would still want to see what's the specialness of this designer condo.

fclim
16-02-12, 22:55

It's $76mil lah. Still a lot of money.

mantrix
17-02-12, 08:36
The showroom looks complete. Psf wise probably too rich for my liking but i would still want to see what's the specialness of this designer condo.

the usual mall+mrt+condo condo loh what else...

the difference is this is considered RCR...

mcmlxxvi
17-02-12, 11:28
Why are govt spending so much $$$ on ABC Waters projects? Anyone in there who's highly connected that they are channelling work in that direction?
It is to justify them building new projects and releasing land along chou chou longkangs... Next time they will embark on Our Playground project to develop all dumping ground and landfill sites like Lor Halus and again release land beside all these.

mcmlxxvi
17-02-12, 11:33
They seem to have too much money to spend. For example, behind my house they are going to make a walking path for people to walk around next to the jungle (this is joining from the Treetops walk). I thought Treetops walk, Lower Pierce reservoir and Bishan Park nearby should be good enough for walkers. Now I will be having people disturbing next to my back yard. And I doubt if we are able to stop it since it is state land. I hope they will be attacked by monkeys and snakes :simmering: Maybe they would discourage the monkeys from coming into our place and eating my MIL's orchid flowers.
Unless you earn peanuts i doubt the monkeys will come disturb... Just get a really really fierce Rottweiler put him in the backyard. Heck, get two... The ladies will be screaming and never come by this way again. Hmmm maybe a few cats will do better as nowadays they seem to scare people more than dogs...

kane
17-02-12, 13:47
the usual mall+mrt+condo condo loh what else...

the difference is this is considered RCR...

Location we all know already. I want to kaypoh and see what's the diff when they get these big name architects to design their building.

hyenergix
19-02-12, 21:02
Show flat is being touched-up. My guess is they are going to launch it in March. There is earthwork at the site too. Probably sell and build at the same time like D'Leedon to save higher construction costs in future. Any units not sold upon TOP could be rented out.

kane
19-02-12, 21:15
why is there some "unearthing" in the adjacent site to the barricaded area? is that also under sky habitat or is there another project? I remember the adjacent land plot nearer to MRT was triggered for sale right?

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 21:35
Waiting for stock market to rise further before launching it.

ecimbew
20-02-12, 20:59
why is there some "unearthing" in the adjacent site to the barricaded area? is that also under sky habitat or is there another project? I remember the adjacent land plot nearer to MRT was triggered for sale right?

It is a new road. That plot of land has a road cutting across.
The land indicted below was not sold in 1997.
By the way, Junction 8 may expand since the land beside it is meant for commercial.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/pr97-59d4.gif

kane
21-02-12, 00:11
those are some very nice plots. capitaland really spoilt the market there.

testtest
21-02-12, 14:52

The adjacent plot is reserve list:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangLandSalesBishanSt14?OpenDocument

There will be a new road dividing the land nearer to the MRT - see the location plan.

Eldenfirefly
23-02-12, 15:47
Waiting for this to launch leh. I think it will set a certain new benchmark in Bishan again after it launch. Will probably push prices of other condos in Bishan up with it. But I dun think should buy it if its too expensive either. Its not buyer's fault that Capitaland overpaid for the land.

Then again, maybe people won't care and still jump in...

mantrix
23-02-12, 15:54
Waiting for this to launch leh. I think it will set a certain new benchmark in Bishan again after it launch. Will probably push prices of other condos in Bishan up with it. But I dun think should buy it if its too expensive either. Its not buyer's fault that Capitaland overpaid for the land.

Then again, maybe people won't care and still jump in...

at 1600psf, people will still jump in...they already pay 1500psf for Punggol so this is a very good deal liao :D

devilplate
23-02-12, 16:04
at 1600psf, people will still jump in...they already pay 1500psf for Punggol so this is a very good deal liao :D
wah liu....u ppl so conveniently shout the highest psf achieved in Wt....wakakaka

early birdies eat 1-1.1kpsf worms leh.......wakakakka

how about greenwich.....smaller mall and no MRT......i tink oredi hit close to 1500psf too!!! wahahaha also FEO project

Wild Falcon
23-02-12, 16:37
U very exaggerate lah. Based on URA records, the median PSF for WT is S$10xxpsf if I recall correctly.

$1600psf for 99LH in Bishan? Some more got 2 reserved sites with high plot ratio beside. Hard sell leh... unless all small units... $1600psf can buy Newton and River Valley freehold liao.

mantrix
23-02-12, 17:04
U very exaggerate lah. Based on URA records, the median PSF for WT is S$10xxpsf if I recall correctly.

$1600psf for 99LH in Bishan? Some more got 2 reserved sites with high plot ratio beside. Hard sell leh... unless all small units... $1600psf can buy Newton and River Valley freehold liao.

OK lah, then I use Centro residences loh...recent caveats already past 1500 some more MRT is not underground...and it's only one single block machiam apartment...i would think this Sky Habitat more superior lah

amk
23-02-12, 22:05
I look CAPL very up one. I think it can do 1600 easily no problem.

And where got newton 1600 FH now ? Decent old ones at least 17## already, new one calling 2###. (Except that strange euroasia project). River valley got such price, but really old old ones.

kane
23-02-12, 22:21
wah liu....u ppl so conveniently shout the highest psf achieved in Wt....wakakaka

early birdies eat 1-1.1kpsf worms leh.......wakakakka

how about greenwich.....smaller mall and no MRT......i tink oredi hit close to 1500psf too!!! wahahaha also FEO project

i think the early bird paid at least $1,300 or higher psf for the waterway facing units. those early bird mostly eat the LRT facing units.

ekl2ekl2
23-02-12, 22:41

And where got newton 1600 FH now ? Decent old ones at least 17## already, new one calling 2###. (Except that strange euroasia project). River valley got such price, but really old old ones.

still able to find brand new or few year old FH newton/novena condo
at 1600-1750pfs.

VIVA
SUFFOLK WALK
Condominium

Strata

Dec-11
VIVA
SUFFOLK WALK
Condominium

Strata

Nov-11
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM
LINCOLN ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Feb-12
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM
LINCOLN ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Dec-11
PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM
LINCOLN ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Nov-11
THE LINCOLN RESIDENCES
SURREY ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Nov-11
THE LINCOLN RESIDENCES
SURREY ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Sep-11
RESIDENCES @ EVELYN
EVELYN ROAD
Condominium

Strata

Sep-11

kane
24-02-12, 07:39

1500psf already can buy older fh at newton and river valley. But still people rush to wt. So let's see how hard a time they have selling the units.

devilplate
24-02-12, 08:55
i expect 1300-1600psf for this project.....

bargain hunter
24-02-12, 09:17
u dun mean AVERAGE 1600psf rite? just some high floor units?

d'leedon still doing 1500psf and not exactly moving fast leh.

amk
24-02-12, 12:59
u dun mean AVERAGE 1600psf rite? just some high floor units?

d'leedon still doing 1500psf and not exactly moving fast leh.

I DO mean 1600 psf average. dleedon is the "mass market" of prime, and this is the "prime" of mass market. nothing wrong the level overlaps.

to ekl2ekl2, I'm quite familiar with the projects u posted. PI is at least 17##, R@E during 2009 time firesale 1550, now asking price all above 1700 now. Viva launch price is already about >16## in 2009. And not forgetting all of these 3 have reasonably big sizes so quantum big. The only one strangely around 1600psf is Newton Euro-Asia.

If Bedok can do 1500, Bishan one should do better than that.

devilplate
24-02-12, 13:22
I actually value bedok r higher den this

This one i simply not keen

propertychap
24-02-12, 13:26
Why do you value bedok r higher than this? Bishan is a better location?

devilplate
24-02-12, 13:28
Why do you value bedok r higher than this? Bishan is a better location?
Integrated is the IN thing

When comes to mrt for sporeans....every 50m also counts.....a lift away to mrt bestest

Our weather is getting more erratic......global warming.....a lift to mrt will be highly sought after.....hmmm too bad punggol wt too far northeast for my liking....lol

Rental pool will be wider too.....

bargain hunter
24-02-12, 13:31
no leh, i'd buy d'leedon at 1500psf but not sky habitat at the same price. :ashamed1: . logically bishan should be between d'leedon and bedok resi rite?

bedok resi is smallest unit then 1500psf, not average 1500psf.

I DO mean 1600 psf average. dleedon is the "mass market" of prime, and this is the "prime" of mass market. nothing wrong the level overlaps.

to ekl2ekl2, I'm quite familiar with the projects u posted. PI is at least 17##, R@E during 2009 time firesale 1550, now asking price all above 1700 now. Viva launch price is already about >16## in 2009. And not forgetting all of these 3 have reasonably big sizes so quantum big. The only one strangely around 1600psf is Newton Euro-Asia.

If Bedok can do 1500, Bishan one should do better than that.

amk
24-02-12, 15:04
no leh, i'd buy d'leedon at 1500psf but not sky habitat at the same price. :ashamed1:
but leedon where got 1500 now ? unless it's super low floor poor facing. all the decent ones are >1600 already. higher floors >2000 also got.

bedok resi is smallest unit then 1500psf, not average 1500psf.
oh is it ? like that this bishan one will be small ones 1600, big ones 13-1400 like thomson grand , and average out like 1500, more likely ?

I actually value bedok r higher den this
all about the same lah, but bishan land price bought higher, plus designer cost, it has to sell higher, from CAPL's point of view. acceptance level from buyers' point of view both areas are full of rich HDB upgraders. HDB in Bishan easily 700k now, "upgrade" very easy. Also this one has another school factor bedok doesn't. there are enough demands for own stay.

cl0ver
25-02-12, 21:46
so hdb upgraders will sell a 1400sqft unit for 800k and buy a 1000sqft habitat in the sky for 1.6mil?
sounds like a downgrade to me....

kane
25-02-12, 23:10
A 5 room to a new 3 bedder condo is a downgrade of space in most instances. But some people just want that lifestyle factor.

devilplate
25-02-12, 23:14
A 5 room to a new 3 bedder condo is a downgrade of space in most instances. But some people just want that lifestyle factor.
The main problem is their debt will be alot more...sell 800k and buy 1.6mio.....wah liu.....Slave to the bank......

devilplate
25-02-12, 23:15
so hdb upgraders will sell a 1400sqft unit for 800k and buy a 1000sqft habitat in the sky for 1.6mil?
sounds like a downgrade to me....
A big big upgrade on debt wor....wakakakak

amk
26-02-12, 08:45

What "some". Many many, if not most !
Ppl say it's merely "downsizing".;)

Look, to "upgrade" to condo is DA DREAM of most young HDB owners. Somemore this one has all the convenience and attributes of HDB, perfect. Just like bedok one.
HDB buy from gov 300k sell 700k citizen's bonus of 400k, dun take, stupid right ? After that 800k loan never mind, monthly after CPF cash part a few hundred only in today's interest rate. So affordable.
U all should read one Normura report last week. It claimed the nb of ppl who can afford condos haas increased 50% over the last 10 yrs. Contrary to one other forumer claimed, condo had never been so affordable.

CAPL just needs to play the quantum game right.

mantrix
26-02-12, 09:26
i'm not vested even close by, but I like this location alot. MRT, mall slated for expansion, schools etc and quite close to town.

If you ask me, I say this is superior to Centro Residences. CR going for 1500psf....so if after VVIP discount i can get 1400+psf, i'll be tempted...and so will many others! But i'm dreaming :sleep:

Rysk
26-02-12, 09:37
i'm not vested even close by, but I like this location alot. MRT, mall slated for expansion, schools etc and quite close to town.

If you ask me, I say this is superior to Centro Residences. CR going for 1500psf....so if after VVIP discount i can get 1400+psf, i'll be tempted...and so will many others! But i'm dreaming :sleep:

At 1400psf, I would rather choose some recent TOP F'hold projects in D11 or D12 located around Novena or Thomson area, like:
1. Pavillion 11
2. Montebleu
3. The Arte

No need to dream, the price is just between $12xx to $14xx

mantrix
26-02-12, 09:39
At 1400psf, I would rather choose some recent TOP F'hold projects in D11 or D12 located around Novena or Thomson area, like:
1. Pavillion 11
2. Montebleu
3. The Arte

not sure about the first 2 but the Arte??

up to individuals and more importantly if this is for own stay or investment...

Rysk
26-02-12, 09:51
not sure about the first 2 but the Arte??

up to individuals and more importantly if this is for own stay or investment...

Sky Habitat will be riding on current mass market bull run.. and will be selling at the price of "Prime" mass market price..

Unless you are die hard fans of Bishan and don't mind your condo located within the HDB estate (surrounded by HDBs).. need MRT & other amenities..

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 09:55
Well. Buyers these days like nice toys. Ok even if they are pay more for a LH property. SOHO units will sell well here.
1. Pavillion 11
2. Montebleu
3. The Arte

sh
26-02-12, 10:05
1. Pavillion 11
2. Montebleu
3. The Arte

agreed. don't understand why people for willing to pay LH at FH prices, just because it's new. New LH doesn't mean zilch in 10 years time when compared to FH. Unless the intention is to flip...

No wait..., the flippers are gone.... right?

amk
26-02-12, 10:25
That's because you do not live in HDB and is not a HDB upgrader.
U must think like one first.
Tis Bishan one has all the amenities of HDB, and is a condo.

Rysk
26-02-12, 10:42
agreed. don't understand why people for willing to pay LH at FH prices, just because it's new. New LH doesn't mean zilch in 10 years time when compared to FH. Unless the intention is to flip...

No more flip liao lor..
Sky Habitat will be end up like Reflections.. one time 1000 units TOP.. with many units up for sale & rent.. putting alot of pressure on the price..

For long term whether is stay or invest, I would rather buy The Arte, reason:
1. F'hold
2. Not surrounded by HDBs
3. Not like a mass market project
4. Safer buy at 12xx to 13xx
5. Exclusive with 3xx units
6. Full condo facitilites
7. Nearer to the city & no need to depend on CTE to go city

amk
26-02-12, 10:49
This one got 1000 units meh ? Thought 500 only ?
And u completely discount the MRT + mall + school effect ??
I will bet there are a lot more own stay buyers than investor buyers.

Even though I'm CCR fan, between Arte and this, I will not choose Arte. A highway is building very near Arte in the next 10 yrs. An CDL is building another 2 ( or is it 3) right next to it. Arte is not a good example lah.

Rysk
26-02-12, 11:03

Even though I'm CCR fan, between Arte and this, I will not choose Arte. A highway is building very near Arte in the next 10 yrs. An CDL is building another 2 ( or is it 3) right next to it. Arte is not a good example lah.

Yeah, I think Sky Habitat is like 500+ units.. mainly the rich HDB upgraders buying for own stay.. maybe some even buying for their sons to be near them haha..
Anyway, base on the recent mass market sales, we can see the real demand by S'porean & PRs..

Rysk
26-02-12, 11:21

I tot the NS highway will be underground over at Thomson Road?
If is underground tunnel, will it affect the properties above it?

Rysk
26-02-12, 12:09

I have personally view the The Arte when it was TOP, those units facing the city, you can hardly get the noise from the PIE.

Will the Sky Habitat be affected by the MRT noise since the track is quite near to the project? I ever stayed at condo close to MRT track, the noise came almost every 3 mins whenever the train passby.. till I cannot tahan & finally decided to move.

kane
26-02-12, 13:02
The track is pretty far from the project. This is the furthest corner of the grass patch. If it was adjacent to junction 8, I could understand why capland paid so much for it. But this one is the furthest corner...

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 14:05
Better stay clear of that region. Afternoon sun (heat) plus PM (cars) plus noise (cars) can be unbearable. Another highway coming! :doh:

amk
26-02-12, 14:08
I tot the NS highway will be underground over at Thomson Road?
If is underground tunnel, will it affect the properties above it?

That's after it's built.
When it's being built, i think it's cut and cover method. Massive traffic diversion and inconvenience, for the next 10 yrs..

Xan
26-02-12, 14:42
CATEGORY: CONDO NEWS
CapitaLand boss: Sales volume down but no plans to reduce price drastically

According to CNA's article, CapitaLand head honcho Liew Mun Leong says that he expects lower sales of condos in the short-term thanks to the recent cooling measures. He notes that sales volume in the first two months of this year has dropped very sharply.

He thinks that it will take about 6 months for buyers to factor in the additional buyers' stamp duty when they purchase private property.

The big bombshell he dropped here was that CapitaLand will not be lowering prices of their new launches drastically just to move their stock, they are strong enough to hold out. That's not surprising really, they are flush with $$$ thanks to the property boom of the past 3 years.

So for those hoping to get a huge bargain on new units, dream on. Large developers like CapitaLand, Far East, etc. have the ability to hold on to their stock quite easily, they have an astronomically big fat piggy bank. So unless there is a big global financial crisis, don't expect prices to drop by much at all.

via CNA. Image: Sky Habitat, Moshe Safdie Architects.

testtest
26-02-12, 22:20
1. Pavillion 11
2. Montebleu
3. The Arte

Dun think this will be 12xx to 14xx psf....more likely average at 15xx psf...IMHO

fclim
26-02-12, 23:49

Preferences are fast changing. MRT + Mall more preferred than whether FH or LH. FH or LH maybe considered old thinking liao.

ysyap
26-02-12, 23:53
Preferences are fast changing. MRT + Mall more preferred than whether FH or LH. FH or LH maybe considered old thinking liao.Indeed preference is fast changing. :rolleyes: FH beside MRT + Mall is the best lor... but v difficult to find leh! :)

mantrix
27-02-12, 09:22
I'm not a HDB upgrader but I can understand the change of tide...in SG, your views will never equal that of other bigger cities, so HDBs or not in your horizon, the most important thing is convenience...hence the rise of the mall-condo-MRT...:beats-me-man:

Komo
27-02-12, 10:32
Dun think this will be 12xx to 14xx psf....more likely average at 15xx psf...IMHO
before 20% disc:D

testtest
27-02-12, 18:09
before 20% disc:D

And before 25% mark up :)

latour
29-02-12, 14:02
Got an email from this ERA agent, for those whom are interest?

http://www.77creations.com/bishan14.html

HP65
01-03-12, 07:53
Preferences are fast changing. MRT + Mall more preferred than whether FH or LH. FH or LH maybe considered old thinking liao.

FH is definitely preferred. In a down mkt, investors are unsure how long it will be and holding onto a LH ppty is liken to holding on a depreciating asset. Thus demand for LH is generally weaker compared to FH projects. Even for good located projects, eg near mrt projects, when the mkt picks ups, the value might just rise back to break even point.

mantrix
01-03-12, 08:00
FH is definitely preferred. In a down mkt, investors are unsure how long it will be and holding onto a LH ppty is liken to holding on a depreciating asset. Thus demand for LH is generally weaker compared to FH projects. Even for good located projects, eg near mrt projects, when the mkt picks ups, the value might just rise back to break even point.

i hold both FH and LH and I have observed LH properties near MRT hold better and are very quick to bounce back during a market rebound. FH tends to be resilient to both sides but be warned appreciation lags behind well located LH

HP65
01-03-12, 10:53
i hold both FH and LH and I have observed LH properties near MRT hold better and are very quick to bounce back during a market rebound. FH tends to be resilient to both sides but be warned appreciation lags behind well located LH

Hi Mantrix,

agree with you on the rebound....ie quick to rebound from the same point. Probably as I mentioned before, in a rising mkt environment, LH is less of an issue because specuvestors do not hold long and usually sell of once ROI target has been achieved. BUT in a down mkt, the horizon isn't as clear....thus FH is a safer investment as age does not affect it as much as a LH development.

In an uprising mkt, I have held both LH and FH ppty. And I usually sell of the LH ppty when my ROI has been met. In a stagant or down mkt, I do not have LH ppty, only FH.

Eldenfirefly
01-03-12, 17:02
I just keen to see their pricing. I think it will create a certain benchmark in Bishan. And since I live at Clover, so easy to go over to the showroom and kaypo also! :)

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:38
I just keen to see their pricing. I think it will create a certain benchmark in Bishan. And since I live at Clover, so easy to go over to the showroom and kaypo also! :)
oooo

i tot u sold ur clover oredi

Eastboy
01-03-12, 17:47
i am thinking of getting a unit at SkyHabitat...any bro/sis here interested also?

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:50
i am thinking of getting a unit at SkyHabitat...any bro/sis here interested also?
wow make so much from stocks ar?

Eldenfirefly
01-03-12, 17:50
oooo

No leh, I happily living there now. Moved in after I renovated it, after TOP. lol I waited 3 years for it to be built hor, and I bought it to stay, plus my kids are going to schools near it, so why would I sell it? :)

Eastboy
01-03-12, 17:55
wow make so much from stocks ar?

hehe, ok la....when there was bloodshed last quarter i went in when everyone fled. very risky gamble.

kane
01-03-12, 20:40
When are they looking to launch?

amk
01-03-12, 20:55

Liew told me when STI reaches 3050 :D

devilplate
01-03-12, 22:21
Wahahaha nice one!

testtest
01-03-12, 22:48

Should be 2Q....high floor may have nice city view but may be blocked by the 40 stores blocks in TPY.

kane
01-03-12, 22:51

not when his stock reaches $3.50?

cl0ver
02-03-12, 17:59
oooo

not him, but me...

hyenergix
03-03-12, 06:39
Looks like the launch is only in Q2 2012. Breakeven is $1285 psf. Probably launch price for 2 bedder is $1500 psf.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/capitaland-launch-sky-habitat-in-2q12

kane
03-03-12, 08:10
Are they fitting it with the best of the best materials in there? $1285psf is a lot, almost $400psf of construction cost?

land118
03-03-12, 08:17
Are they fitting it with the best of the best materials in there? $1285psf is a lot, almost $400psf of construction cost?
Would think the renowned architect fee would be higher than normal...:doh:

mantrix
03-03-12, 08:22
Looks like the launch is only in Q2 2012. Breakeven is $1285 psf. Probably launch price for 2 bedder is $1500 psf.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/capitaland-launch-sky-habitat-in-2q12

i am not trying to talk up this project but with centro hitting past 1500 and amk having that hub as their mall, i would think this shld start at 1600+ realistically....

flagship74
03-03-12, 08:44
i am not trying to talk up this project but with centro hitting past 1500 and amk having that hub as their mall, i would think this shld start at 1600+ realistically....
just too overprice imho..:scared-4:

ysyap
03-03-12, 09:03
i am not trying to talk up this project but with centro hitting past 1500 and amk having that hub as their mall, i would think this shld start at 1600+ realistically....Agent there will tell you this project is CCR... :banghead:

chiaberry
03-03-12, 09:18
Agent there will tell you this project is CCR... :banghead:

Under URA website, it should be RCR. If you want CCR, it will be D'leedon.

mantrix
03-03-12, 09:51
Overpriced? Yes...but i believe there will still be takers...

opposite 10+yr old Bishan 8 hit past 1200+ psf already...

decentralization occurring?

hyenergix
03-03-12, 14:45

Starting from $1500 psf for low floors, maybe close to $2000 psf for highest floor... my guess :p

teddybear
03-03-12, 14:48
If Bishan new launch can sell >=$1600 psf, then Toa Payoh new launch should sell at >=$2000 psf, and Novena/Newton new launch should sell at >=$2500 psf, Orchard new launch >=$3500 psf... :scared-5:

hyenergix
03-03-12, 14:56
If Bishan new launch can sell >=$1600 psf, then Toa Payoh new launch should sell at >=$2000 psf, and Novena/Newton new launch should sell at >=$2500 psf, Orchard new launch >=$3500 psf... :scared-5:

The wealth of CCR is being drained away by the MRT and expressways... :D

CCR is like developed nations where the growth rate has slowed down and the OCR and RCR are the developing nations where the growth rates are still healthy.

Only if CCR can offer unique things that OCR and RCR cannot offer, then people will still flock to CCR. Now the growths are supported by HDB upgraders.

kane
03-03-12, 15:26
CCR has LV, Pradad, Gucci and Feragamo. The rest of the offering is homogeneous.

Lovelle
03-03-12, 15:42
will the rest of the condos in bishan benefit from sky high habitat ?

Adva181
03-03-12, 15:48
Maybe all will flock to dleedon when this launch at 1600psf

Wild Falcon
03-03-12, 16:25
But the suburbs got got provision shops, kopi tiam and hawker centers. And a local vibe that you can't feel along Orchard Road. Orchard Road sometimes feels like PRC world.

No right or wrong. Some people prefer go shopping in these foreign branded stuff. Some people like to spend more time in their own local creations. Frankly, nowadays when one goes overseas for shopping, one doesn't go to the ubiquitous malls with the LV and Pradas, unless you are a PRC. Rather you would rather go to more suburban areas to see the real culture and local independent shops.

CCR has LV, Pradad, Gucci and Feragamo. The rest of the offering is homogeneous.

kane
03-03-12, 16:37
I think they last time i went orchard was 3 months ago when i did my christmas shopping. But different folks different strokes.

Eastboy
03-03-12, 16:42
If it's 1600psf I will buy

devilplate
03-03-12, 17:07
wat so gd abt bishan really?

mrt many stops to cbd .....drive to cbd aso kena CTE jam.....only near to orchard tats all

1600psf buy? river valley plenty of 1600psf FH ones to choose

max i will pay will be 13xxpsf for mid-high flr

Rysk
03-03-12, 17:51

If is 1600+, I rather buy Soliel lor.. if to compare, Novena D.11 is much better than Bishan D.20

teddybear
03-03-12, 18:05
I think you miss the point. The all purpose of living in CCR is to be surrounded with neighbours who are influential and who can help each other in business & careers, and avoid dubious people, Ha ha ha! That is the real purpose! Surround yourselves with useful and powerful people! That is how ones become successful through connections and connections............ :D
Isn't that the same as trying to get our kids into the best connected schools to be surrounded with future successful and rich and powerful businessmen and business-women and politicians? :ashamed1:
I think you still don't understand even by now. Never mind, many others understood are exploiting that, provided their kids can get into these connected schools first. :beats-me-man:

But the suburbs got got provision shops, kopi tiam and hawker centers. And a local vibe that you can't feel along Orchard Road. Orchard Road sometimes feels like PRC world.

No right or wrong. Some people prefer go shopping in these foreign branded stuff. Some people like to spend more time in their own local creations. Frankly, nowadays when one goes overseas for shopping, one doesn't go to the ubiquitous malls with the LV and Pradas, unless you are a PRC. Rather you would rather go to more suburban areas to see the real culture and local independent shops.

mcmlxxvi
03-03-12, 18:05
Agent there will tell you this project is CCR... :banghead:
Ya. Capitaland Costly Release. Or Chop Carrothead Release.

teddybear
03-03-12, 18:13
Actually very far from Orchard lah!
$1600-$1800 psf can buy many <10 years resale units in Newton/Novena area now! Those are the really close ones to Orchard (1-2 MRT stations distance). Bishan is like 5 MRT stations distance away? :beats-me-man:

wat so gd abt bishan really?

mrt many stops to cbd .....drive to cbd aso kena CTE jam.....only near to orchard tats all

1600psf buy? river valley plenty of 1600psf FH ones to choose

max i will pay will be 13xxpsf for mid-high flr

amk
03-03-12, 19:42
So 1600 for 2bds, 1400 for 3bds, devil u happy ? ;)

This one can do 1600 lah. Bishan is probably the richest HDB town, if CAPL dun do 1600 here, where else to do it ? Bedok 1500 already a success.

Btw Teddy newton no more 1600 already lah. New ones small size ones all > 2k already. So the px scale looks normal to me. 100psf less per MRT stop, newton to Bishan, 2000 to 1600, look just right. I'm referring to new launch hor. ( although one FH one LH but at bull mkt no one cares about this)

amk
03-03-12, 19:46
Plus I think if this one dun sell 1600 and yet punggol can sell 1500 Liew will fire Wong and hire someone from SHK to run CAPL Residential. There are too many creative finance ppl in CAPL now, not enough hardcore developers. ;)

Komo
03-03-12, 20:05
the balconies at the showroom look ordinary and not at all impressive leh...:D

diveaces
03-03-12, 20:40
the whole design look rather cramp...balconies are rather open to the neighbours...nearby there's a track, mosque and ITE....
no doubt Capld can push at 1600psf still ... but good luck to those who buy..

DC33_2008
03-03-12, 21:52
the whole design look rather cramp...balconies are rather open to the neighbours...nearby there's a track, mosque and ITE....
no doubt Capld can push at 1600psf still ... but good luck to those who buy..How to get good rental yield?

Wild Falcon
03-03-12, 22:47
Novena side FH whatever only 1600 or 1700 psf only right? Unless its the MM Suites @ Newton and btw there were talks dropping price liao becos sold 10 units after so long. Was looking through D11 caveats. Really not there yet - most can't even hit 2000psf unless MM like Suites @ stuggling Newton and was last year. Would be very surprised if can sell like hot cakes at 1600psf.

Probably move slowly like d'Leedon if launch at that price.

felicia_sg
03-03-12, 23:50
I suspect will "start from $1400 psf" but that is for the 1st level with big PES? The rest probably $1500-1800 psf! :beats-me-man:

Plus I think if this one dun sell 1600 and yet punggol can sell 1500 Liew will fire Wong and hire someone from SHK to run CAPL Residential. There are too many creative finance ppl in CAPL now, not enough hardcore developers. ;)

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 09:33
Is it worth investing in for this $psf? Any future growth in this area?
I suspect will "start from $1400 psf" but that is for the 1st level with big PES? The rest probably $1500-1800 psf! :beats-me-man:

Rysk
04-03-12, 09:58
Ask me pay $1600psf for LH high end mass market..
I would rather pay $1600psf for FH resale prime area over at Novena.. even pay $1700psf for Newton One at Newton area I don't mind..

amk
04-03-12, 10:03
Novena side FH whatever only 1600 or 1700 psf only right? Unless its the MM Suites @ Newton

Why u only look at either old projects or MMs ? Look at the "headline" major new projects in those area, Viva, L'Viv, Lincoln Suites, Trilight, for comparable sizes, all are calling 1900 to 2200.

amk
04-03-12, 10:07
Ask me pay $1600psf for LH high end mass market..
I would rather pay $1600psf for FH resale prime area over at Novena.. even pay $1700psf for Newton One at Newton area I don't mind..

BUT u miss one detail. Tis one even at 1600 psf quantum still < 2m, for a 3bd. Newton One the number is > 2m ;)

And how about orchard boulevard walking distance to ION only 1400 psf ?

solsys
04-03-12, 11:42
How to get good rental yield?

It's for own stay to show off you are the cream of crop among heartlanders, not exactly for good rental yield.

Rysk
04-03-12, 12:03
BUT u miss one detail. Tis one even at 1600 psf quantum still < 2m, for a 3bd. Newton One the number is > 2m ;)

Newton One I base on 1216sf at 1700psf..

Orchard Boulevard have 12XXsf at 14XXpsf? Even at 17XXpsf sure I want!! :jump-for-joy:
But the problem is have or not??

teddybear
04-03-12, 12:08
Let me tell a story about the "kelong" of Newton One. In early 2009, I offered $1350 psf but was rejected by selling agents, but mysteriously 1 unit was transacted about $1250+ psf after that. Thereafter, I upped to $1450 psf but similarly a unit was subsequently transacted at $1350+ psf after that. Transacted price always lower than my offered price despite I offered to all agents with units available for sale. Moral of the story? Those super low transacted prices, there is something behind, or rather, they are not openly available for you or me to buy (they are insider transactions, purposely priced lower than market probably to lower their stamp duties or sellers know or related to each other and priced as such etc). :beats-me-man:

Wild Falcon
04-03-12, 12:14
Maybe you haven't looked hard enough. Viva and Trilight definitely there are deals below $2000psf. Look at transacted prices. Even then, asking prices have been coming down this year. Even the one that crossed 2k psf called Suites @ Newton has reduced its prices by 20% this week.

To say that the new projects in Novena are all transacting above 2k psf is very misleading statement and I just wanted to clarify. 2.2k psf is not the norm, esp in current market. Its very dangerous for your kind of thinking. Novena =2k psf. Therefore Bishan = 1600psf. Good buy!!!

You are quite out of touch aren't you? Go for viewing and then see if the seller is prepared to let go lower than those prices advertised in propertyguru.

Why u only look at either old projects or MMs ? Look at the "headline" major new projects in those area, Viva, L'Viv, Lincoln Suites, Trilight, for comparable sizes, all are calling 1900 to 2200.

teddybear
04-03-12, 12:14
Orchard boulevard area have LH condo about $14xx psf ones, but then again, the catch is that the absolute price is about $5,000,000 (yes $5 Millions) because size about 3500 sqft! :banghead:

Another catch: Have to spend about >$350,000 to renovate to look new (because it is relatively old and size about 3500 sqft and assume costs about $100 psf to renovate)!

So most buyers no choice, have to pay $1500 psf for new launch Bedok Residences because absolute price <$1.5m and no need to put up CASH to renovate lor! :p
Buy nearby resale also can't afford because again, resale means need to renovate and larger size at $100 psf of reno means need CASH upfront (too difficult & expensive to borrow) of >$130,000 to renovate! :doh:

Newton One I base on 1216sf at 1700psf..

Orchard Boulevard have 12XXsf at 14XXpsf? Even at 17XXpsf sure I want!! :jump-for-joy:
But the problem is have or not??

Wild Falcon
04-03-12, 12:19
I don't think 2m is going to break anyone at today's low interest. There is no difference between 1.8m and 2m . Even resale vs resale, prices have converged so much. Bishan HDB are those 1m type. After selling HDB for 1m cash, no problem to get a 2m property. Do not look down on upgraders. Just because they didn't to buy a 2m condo doesn't mean they cannot afford one. Its about value.

Rysk
04-03-12, 12:23

How about this small FH unit at D11?? Still under construction.. so brand new at 1700psf can boh??
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8940549/for-sale-368-thomson

Like what Wild Falcon said, you didn't do enough homework loh

teddybear
04-03-12, 12:24
But taking out CASH seems to be breaking most OCRers' neck right?
I met many younger people, they said they buy HDB DBSS flats! I was surprised and advise them that that is the worst to buy! Why not BTO so much cheaper since comparing about same location for 5-rm HDB flats, BTO is about $500k but DBSS selling $750k (or 50% premium!)? They said:
"Buy BTO means have to come out with cold-hard CASH to renovate, easily >$100k for a 5-room HDB flats to make it real nice, but can't afford because don't have so much CASH, so no choice have to buy HDB DBSS since can loan 90% and don't need to come out CASH lor (except furniture and lights)!"!!! :doh:

Isn't this the same for people buying new launch private condos vs buying resale condos? I won't be surprised many people will be buying Bishan new launch condos at average $1600 psf! I would expect the range to be $1500 psf (for only very few units with big PES) to $1800 psf (for MM units!).

Reasons:
1) Nearby Bishan resale condos already $1300+ psf, but these potential buyers have no CASH to come out to renovate old resale condos! :banghead:
2) Punggol already selling at $1400 psf! Hei! You expect Bishan to sell at same price as Punggol? :doh:

I don't think 2m is going to break anyone at today's low interest. There is no difference between 1.8m and 2m . Even resale vs resale, prices have converged so much. Bishan HDB are those 1m type. After selling HDB, no problem to get a 2m property.

amk
04-03-12, 13:59
How about this small FH unit at D11?? Still under construction.. so brand new at 1700psf can boh??
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8940549/for-sale-368-thomson

Alamak trust me I'm very vested in this part of D11, so I know what I'm talking.
The case u propose, i'm sorry I think it's worse than this bishan case. Upcoming highway construction is going to be terrible. And plus, this is balestier lah.

And to wild falcon, decent new launches at size around 1000 sqft are all 1900 to 2200 psf. I quoted 3 major projects. I dun even consider MMs as eligible. What example do you have ? ( that new launches at 1700 ??) remember koh bro enbloc the Lincoln suites site for 1500 psf.

Look I'm not justifying 1600 is a good deal for bishan. I'm justifying why CAPL will sell at 1600 for bishan given current market price. And your argument that "D11 new ones also only at 1700" simply doesn't hold, as it's false.

amk
04-03-12, 14:08
. Just because they didn't to buy a 2m condo doesn't mean they cannot afford one. Its about value.

I dun need to debate with you on this. Fact is compelling. Resale projects are now psf wise at least 20% or even 30% lower and no takers, new projects with headline psfs plenty of takers, in the same area.

Wild Falcon
04-03-12, 14:30
So what's your point? Always buy new launches and never buy resale?

Punggol Watertown the median PSF is only 10xx PSF. Dont use the highest PSF in any project to justify the median PSF for other projects.

But taking out CASH seems to be breaking most OCRers' neck right?
I met many younger people, they said they buy HDB DBSS flats! I was surprised and advise them that that is the worst to buy! Why not BTO so much cheaper since comparing about same location for 5-rm HDB flats, BTO is about $500k but DBSS selling $750k (or 50% premium!)? They said:
"Buy BTO means have to come out with cold-hard CASH to renovate, easily >$100k for a 5-room HDB flats to make it real nice, but can't afford because don't have so much CASH, so no choice have to buy HDB DBSS since can loan 90% and don't need to come out CASH lor (except furniture and lights)!"!!! :doh:

Isn't this the same for people buying new launch private condos vs buying resale condos? I won't be surprised many people will be buying Bishan new launch condos at average $1600 psf! I would expect the range to be $1500 psf (for only very few units with big PES) to $1800 psf (for MM units!).

Reasons:
1) Nearby Bishan resale condos already $1300+ psf, but these potential buyers have no CASH to come out to renovate old resale condos! :banghead:
2) Punggol already selling at $1400 psf! Hei! You expect Bishan to sell at same price as Punggol? :doh:

Wild Falcon
04-03-12, 14:34
You have been proven wrong so many times.

Not every area new launch is selling like hot cakes lah. Novena new launch above 2200psf sellling like hot cakes? Try google Suites @ Newton. Who you kidding? Or if Novena above 2000psf a good reference point? Don't ever use reference point to invest. Your theory CCR will always outperform since eons ago have been proven wrong.

New projects EVERYWHERE has plenty of takers? U are so out of touch. There are so many that are not moving.

And I'm not saying 1600psf will not make money in the future in Bishan. Just thinking maybe upside limited. Even those who bought Suites@ Newton or Viva for above $2k psf, I worry for them. There is good chance they may not make money. Just objectively speaking.

Of course for own stay or need to be 1km within X school, then doesn't matter. I'm talking about INVESTMENTS.

I dun need to debate with you on this. Fact is compelling. Resale projects are now psf wise at least 20% or even 30% lower and no takers, new projects with headline psfs plenty of takers, in the same area.

DC33_2008
04-03-12, 14:39
Cannot find WT at 10Xxpsf on the lodged caveat unless prices indicated are before discounts. Most of them are lodged at least 11XX?

Punggol Watertown the median PSF is only 10xx PSF. Dont use the highest PSF in any project to justify the median PSF for other projects.

amk
04-03-12, 15:11
Wild I find your posting style very similar to mr B in his earlier posts. When u lose a case u refuse to admit and resort to all sorts of blanket statements to hide behind.

I merely told you there is no decent new launch in newton/novena doing 1700 psf. And you say there is. Do you admit you were wrong ?

"been proven wrong so many times " ?? You are seriously disillusional. You almost always lose a debate and dreamt you won. Still remember the illegal car parking case ? That you champion parking illegally and/or taking another person's graciousness for yourself is a matter of course ? You sure think you won in that debate too.

And you simply love to say CCR is dead. Just wait for your best friend Stalingrad to come alive and sing together. And btw his duchess residences dream is now 2x his carabelle now. He can't sing any more without looking completely idiotic. You still can, thanks to hillier now hill view looks sexy again. Look CCR prices have not dropped, there is no winner here. In long term who has better investment aspect is still a subject ot discussion. I'm not as simple minded as you.

amk
04-03-12, 15:14

He wrote so long and you still fail to understand ?

He's trying to tell you why ppl buy new sale high psf but not resale low psf ! Because they have no enough cash !

It's totally not the case of " he can afford but sees no value", which is what you think. Do you think you win again in this ? :cool:

teddybear
04-03-12, 20:56
Actually this 368 Thomson is really should be considered "Balestier" in location, despite the "D11" address.
Despite its less than ideal location in D11, I believe it should still be selling at a premium compared to Bishan (anywhere in Bishan).
The fact that it is going at $17xx psf is that it was previously launched and sold at only about $15xx psf, and hence owners selling at $17xx psf are still making good money!
At $17xx psf for a family size 3BRs and about 1km distance from Novena MRT station, it is still slightly more expensive than Bishan that new condo near Bishan MRT station if sold at $16xx psf, reflecting its premium location in D11 (although the least favorable location of all in D11). Furthermore, the estate consists of mostly 3BRs and 2BRs, not those MM units.

Alamak trust me I'm very vested in this part of D11, so I know what I'm talking.
The case u propose, i'm sorry I think it's worse than this bishan case. Upcoming highway construction is going to be terrible. And plus, this is balestier lah.

And to wild falcon, decent new launches at size around 1000 sqft are all 1900 to 2200 psf. I quoted 3 major projects. I dun even consider MMs as eligible. What example do you have ? ( that new launches at 1700 ??) remember koh bro enbloc the Lincoln suites site for 1500 psf.

Look I'm not justifying 1600 is a good deal for bishan. I'm justifying why CAPL will sell at 1600 for bishan given current market price. And your argument that "D11 new ones also only at 1700" simply doesn't hold, as it's false.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-368-thomson (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8940549/for-sale-368-thomson)

solsys
04-03-12, 21:24

He's trying to tell you why ppl buy new sale high psf but not resale low psf ! Because they have no enough cash !

It's totally not the case of " he can afford but sees no value", which is what you think. Do you think you win again in this ? :cool:

It's true that no cash go for units that are ready, no need renovation.

In my instance, the COV was so crazy that I got a Pte ppty and paid less cash.

I think government realise this and now up 2nd timer to 30% for EC, coz their pockets are deeper.

kane
04-03-12, 22:01

Amk, can you help me clear my doubts on how someone without cash go for a new launch and pay that premium. I heard it being said but cos i always imagine within 2 years, the developer would have called on their 20-40% cash outlay from the progressive stages, so i never thought it's possible to raise significant amounts of cash in 2 year

devilplate
04-03-12, 22:41
This marks the peak ?

Bishan 8 took more den 10yrs to breakeven

Anyway sell high high good good

Den make our ppty looks cheapx3!

devilplate
04-03-12, 22:43
Bishan priciest hdb town?

How about queenstown? Den ascentia sky looks cheap?

kane
04-03-12, 23:20

Are all units sold in ascentia sky?

felicia_sg
05-03-12, 07:01
Not addressed to me but i can't help to reply.
Many speculators dreamed and hoped to flip within 2-3 years before they need to come out big cash outlay lah like paying resale condo which need to come out upfront. They don't mind to pay premium now with very little cash outlay for new sale.

Amk, can you help me clear my doubts on how someone without cash go for a new launch and pay that premium. I heard it being said but cos i always imagine within 2 years, the developer would have called on their 20-40% cash outlay from the progressive stages, so i never thought it's possible to raise significant amounts of cash in 2 year

NorthernStar
05-03-12, 07:06
Many speculators dreamed and hoped to flip within 2-3 years before they need to come out big cash outlay lah like paying resale condo which need to come out upfront. They don't mind to pay premium now with very little cash outlay for new sale.
Not this time now as SSD kick in.. few years back, yes this maybe true.

felicia_sg
05-03-12, 07:17
I suspected that these buyers are still dreaming this is the case without considering ssa kicked in. Otherwise, how to explain buying mm unit? Not for investment, how to live in that mm unit if for own stay?

kane
05-03-12, 07:36
Ssd is in plain sight. So if you can't flip means you have to prepare the full cash in 2 years. Secondly most play the mm game cos yield looks good. Overlooking the possibility that because yield looks good now, there's a tendency to overbuild. I think MMs will undergo rental pressure 3 yeas down the road. I drove pass some suites at upper bukit timah. The car park looked pretty full.

chiaberry
05-03-12, 07:46

Maybe they are hoping for a global recovery in 2 - 3 years or even 4 years (after expiry of SSD) and that might boost home prices. They may still be able to flip at a profit (albeit reduced profit due to SSD). That is the "hope". The reality is the danger of oversupply. Everybody try to offload MM after expiry of SSD may lead to a collapse of the resale market. :doh:

fclim
05-03-12, 07:57

I thought that if the bank grants 80% loan, you need to pay the first 20% upfront, cash and CPF (inclusive of booking fee) upon signing the S&P, which is usually within 8 weeks? The rest of the 80% loan will be disbursed progressively by the bank? So, less pressure on CPF since instalment amount is progressive. Hope that next 2 to 3 years can save and get the promotion!

The additional cash required, I suspect, is the renovation expense which is needed when you buy resale. At least $50K including furnitures and fittings.

Plus, Singaporeans feel that prices at launch are always the "best" and not shiok to let resale owners earn that profit. Rather give money to developers.

Rysk
05-03-12, 07:57

Don't say Ascentia, even Reflections also looks very cheap lor.. just TOP, can get a decent size unit about $1,500psf
Of course those cheaper units are those with poorer facing.. but is still Reflections lor.

Some recent transaction done:
$1,882,020 1,173sf $1,604psf Feb-12
$1,415,400 1,012sf $1,399psf Jan-12

devilplate
05-03-12, 08:13
unless crapland follow MM style like GE which is fully sold out

409sqft1bdr, 2bdr 560sqft, 3bdr 750sqft, 4bdr 1k sqft

yes possible to sell 1600psf on average.....wakakaka

ekl2ekl2
05-03-12, 08:33
Talking about CCR D11 prices compared to potential $1600pfs or more at Bishan,

URA (nov to Feb 2012)

Latest 3 room transaction at Viva, 1599pfs (>10flr)
Latest 3 room transaction at PI, 1758pfs (>21 flr)
Latest 4 room transaction at Trilight, 1741 pfs

There are still uncompleted new units at Viva and trilight asking for around 1750pfs.

MMs at newton are transacting at 1900 to >2000pfs. but suites@newton seems to be asking from 1800plus right now and some Lviv subsales appear to be cheaper than remaining developer units.

price
05-03-12, 08:34

Mr. Moshe Safdie will resign and say he dont wanna design anymore:cheers1:

devilplate
05-03-12, 09:54
suites@newton inferior location leh....right in between novena and newton mrt....LOL

amk
05-03-12, 13:32
So, less pressure on CPF since instalment amount is progressive. Hope that next 2 to 3 years can save and get the promotion!

The additional cash required, I suspect, is the renovation expense which is needed when you buy resale. At least $50K including furnitures and fittings.

Plus, Singaporeans feel that prices at launch are always the "best" and not shiok to let resale owners earn that profit. Rather give money to developers.

to kane: yes fclim explains it simple enough.
And practically for a 1mil resale pty, if u only have 300k u simply cannot buy; but u can buy a 1.2mil new launch now, and save the remaining sum over the next 1-2yrs, either by bonus, liquidate ur other assets, etc. this 40% dp requirement favors developers.

teddybear
05-03-12, 13:42
The 4-years SSD makes speculators even more likely to flip new launch than resale because for new launch, they only pay 10% cash upfront and the rest of 30% payment will be paid progressively only over next 2-3 years while resale have to come out with 40% cash straight away! Also, SSD start from S&P and by the time before TOP just nice to flip at best price! So, SSD affects resale transactions much much more badly than new launch!
Coffeeshop talk is that regardless of whether un-intentional or intentional (more likely) this benefits land sales!

felicia_sg[/B]]Not addressed to me but i can't help to reply.

amk
05-03-12, 13:51
Talking about CCR D11 prices compared to potential $1600pfs or more at Bishan,
seriously let's digest your data:

Latest 3 room transaction at Viva, 1599pfs (>10flr)
This is a new sale, the original launch price, lodged now; and it's 2.1M btw.

Latest 3 room transaction at PI, 1758pfs (>21 flr)
1st of all this is old project, 2nd, 1758 psf yes but quantum is 2.78M. Is this the same kind of quantum Bishan buyer is expecting ?

Latest 4 room transaction at Trilight, 1741 pfs
and this one, I can tell you dun know Trilight well. this 2099 sqft is a *3 bed room* unit, quantum 3.65M ! And again is this comparable ?

Look the case here is simple: these decent new D11 projects can have psf 1700-1900 range, but all are big quantum. It's the *same* case as I mentioned earlier, you can even have Orchard Boulevard at 1400psf some more.

Again I'm not saying "Bishan 1600 good buy". I'm saying, in today's market, Bishan asking 1600 headline price is completely normal. You cannot say "heck for 1600 I can even buy Newton/Novena new sale". No you cannot with the same quantum. I can give you another example, Newton One psf is also 1750 range, but its 1024 sqft is only a 2 bed room! You expect bishan buyers to pay 2M for a 2bd ?

amk
05-03-12, 13:59

Liew said before won't do anything < 500sqft, see if he keeps his words.

I'd imagine 1600 being "headline" psf lah. for the 1/2bds. bigger ones will be 1400plus I suppose.

NorthernStar
05-03-12, 14:17
The 4-years SSD makes speculators even more likely to flip new launch than resale because for new launch, they only pay 10% cash upfront and the rest of 30% payment will be paid progressively only over next 2-3 years while resale have to come out with 40% cash straight away! Also, SSD start from S&P and by the time before TOP just nice to flip at best price! So, SSD affects resale transactions much much more badly than new launch!
Coffeeshop talk is that regardless of whether un-intentional or intentional (more likely) this benefits land sales!

i thought new ruling is at least 20% down-payment regardless new sale or resale AND buyers are either first timer or had fully repay their loan?

i think the main reasons are mentioned by fclim in earlier thread. Last time deferred payment is the best for flipper. :D

Wild Falcon
06-03-12, 09:31
I don't agree Bishan upgraders not enough cash. Period. There is a possibility see no value. Got cash also don't want to buy overvalued assets. UNDERSTAND?

And some of us just want to highlight those numbers of 2200psf in Novena that you are throwing out is MISLEADING. That's all. Don't get defensive. It is VERY MISLEADING, if you are really in touch with the market today. And I also said only ONE project in recent months has hit that price, which is Suites @ Newton and that project is not moving. Then u name a whole bunch of projects which are clearly stuggling to hit anywhere close to 2200psf - anyhow hamtam without even going to caveats. Of course you are allowed to exaggerate, but people can also come in to clarify actual market transactions are way off from the number you have you throwing out in this forum.

Its ok to be bullish. But its another to use misleading numbers to support your beliefs.

ekl2ekl2
06-03-12, 10:15
Again I'm not saying "Bishan 1600 good buy". I'm saying, in today's market, Bishan asking 1600 headline price is completely normal. You cannot say "heck for 1600 I can even buy Newton/Novena new sale". No you cannot with the same quantum. I can give you another example, Newton One psf is also 1750 range, but its 1024 sqft is only a 2 bed room! You expect bishan buyers to pay 2M for a 2bd ?[/quote]

Your point on the quantum is well taken. Forgot these are FH

Perhaps some comparisons could be made with 99 LH condos in Newton

TOP 2012, Rochelle, $1300-1400pfs. <1.4-1.5m

amk
06-03-12, 12:53

TOP 2012, Rochelle, $1300-1400pfs. <1.4-1.5m

Rochelle , 1.6m buys you a 1012 sqft 2bedroom. I do not expect bishan's 2bd be 1000sqft. Also dun forget this project started in 2008/9 at 1200psf plus only. This is not really new sale.

Wild Falcon
06-03-12, 12:58
I am sure there will be small units hitting above 1600psf. But would be interesting to see if median PSF hit 1600psf and assuming there is a fair share of family sized units. Even The Hillier has 1-bedder 532sqft units hitting 1700psf. The "small is beautiful" trend has moved to the suburbs... Frankly, I would value this above d'Leedon - both being 99LH.

Again I'm not saying "Bishan 1600 good buy". I'm saying, in today's market, Bishan asking 1600 headline price is completely normal. You cannot say "heck for 1600 I can even buy Newton/Novena new sale". No you cannot with the same quantum. I can give you another example, Newton One psf is also 1750 range, but its 1024 sqft is only a 2 bed room! You expect bishan buyers to pay 2M for a 2bd ?

Your point on the quantum is well taken. Forgot these are FH

TOP 2012, Rochelle, $1300-1400pfs. <1.4-1.5m[/quote]

amk
06-03-12, 13:09
U r mistaken to say I'm bullish.
I simply tell you why Bishan will ask 1600 for its headline psf: because similar headline psf is being asked at 2000psf 4 MRT stops away in newton new sales. Lviv by wingtai is not your oxley / world class land MM specialist. MM will add another 200!

This just means all these new sale px are reaching ridiculous levels.

But yet ppl will still buy new sale rather than resale. Ok we agree to disagree. You believe ppl see value on new sale for its other factors. I think it's by and large the effect of upfront cash plus SSD from TOP.

amk
06-03-12, 13:18
"I will value this over dleedon"

No problem. Left hand right hand all mine. :D

Seriously I dun see why both cannot be priced at the same range.
Dleedon starts at 1600
Bishan probably ends at 1600

You can even use either one to sell the other, depending on what kind of mindset the buyer has. For you clearly I will use dlleedon to sell bishan. And I will use bishan to sell dleedon to teddybear :D

Wild Falcon
06-03-12, 14:23
That I agree. New sales are fetching too high a premium. And also, at the rate OCR prices are converging, I actually agree with you might be worthwhile looking at CCR. That was why I brought up Novena FH.

U r mistaken to say I'm bullish.
I simply tell you why Bishan will ask 1600 for its headline psf: because similar headline psf is being asked at 2000psf 4 MRT stops away in newton new sales. Lviv by wingtai is not your oxley / world class land MM specialist. MM will add another 200!

This just means all these new sale px are reaching ridiculous levels.

But yet ppl will still buy new sale rather than resale. Ok we agree to disagree. You believe ppl see value on new sale for its other factors. I think it's by and large the effect of upfront cash plus SSD from TOP.

teddybear
06-03-12, 15:01
Don't agree with facts? :doh:
Already told you many young people told me not enough cash that is why die die must buy HDB DBSS at 50% premium instead of buying much cheaper HDB BTOs. Similarly many people buying new launch condos at 50% premium instead of buying much cheaper resale condos in same vicinity. The way you are saying is that these people are very happy to donate 50% more of their money to developers? :banghead: :p

I don't agree Bishan upgraders not enough cash. Period. There is a possibility see no value. Got cash also don't want to buy overvalued assets. UNDERSTAND?

And some of us just want to highlight those numbers of 2200psf in Novena that you are throwing out is MISLEADING. That's all. Don't get defensive. It is VERY MISLEADING, if you are really in touch with the market today. And I also said only ONE project in recent months has hit that price, which is Suites @ Newton and that project is not moving. Then u name a whole bunch of projects which are clearly stuggling to hit anywhere close to 2200psf - anyhow hamtam without even going to caveats. Of course you are allowed to exaggerate, but people can also come in to clarify actual market transactions are way off from the number you have you throwing out in this forum.

Its ok to be bullish. But its another to use misleading numbers to support your beliefs.

Lovelle
06-03-12, 15:08
Actually very far from Orchard lah!
$1600-$1800 psf can buy many <10 years resale units in Newton/Novena area now! Those are the really close ones to Orchard (1-2 MRT stations distance). Bishan is like 5 MRT stations distance away? :beats-me-man:

There is a plot of land , won by FEO consortium in Sengkang. The bidded price is very closed to 800psf which is close to this Bishan land.

Will we see FEO sell out that project in future if not what wld be the price of launch if cost is 800psf ?

cl0ver
06-03-12, 20:08
Newton Amaryllis 1259sqft 3 bedder sold for 1.63m. Nice location....
Much better than Dleedon.. SkyHabitat....

dtrax
06-03-12, 20:25
Newton Amaryllis 1259sqft 3 bedder sold for 1.63m. Nice location....
Much better than Dleedon.. SkyHabitat....

but too bad Amaryllis is 99yrs from 1997

bargain hunter
08-03-12, 08:19
marketing agents are beginning to roll out their campaign for Sky Habitat, developed by CapitaLand Residential Singapore and Mitsubishi Estate Asia.The project, which is located at Bishan Central, will probably be launched end-March to early-April, say agents familiar with the launch.
Designed by Moshe Safdie, the 99-year condominium project will have 509 units across two 38-storey towers. Buyers will have a choice of apartment types, namely one-bedroom-plus-study, two-bedroom, two-bedroom- plus-study, three-bedroom and four-bedroom units. Unit sizes range from 680 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft.

propertychap
08-03-12, 09:28
Any indicative pricing?

propertychap
08-03-12, 09:30
Are they getting ERA to market just like bedok res?

Wild Falcon
08-03-12, 10:06
Who wants to signup as a "queuer"? Much better returns:scared-2:

Are they getting ERA to market just like bedok res?

devilplate
08-03-12, 10:09
Who wants to signup as a "queuer"? Much better returns:scared-2:
once bitten twice shy.....cm5 come right after frenzy q at BR

amk
08-03-12, 12:35
dun worry gov will only do CM6 after CAPL sells finish this, just as the way it did for Bedok :D (CAPL's remaining SG exposure is very small)

chiaberry
08-03-12, 18:34
dun worry gov will only do CM6 after CAPL sells finish this, just as the way it did for Bedok :D (CAPL's remaining SG exposure is very small)

Still got a lot of D'leedon and ? Interlace to sell I thought.

amk
08-03-12, 21:44
Still got a lot of D'leedon and ? Interlace to sell I thought.

Compared with FEO or CDL , it's not even 20% of theirs. After bishan CAPL practically has no more empty residential plot. Over the last 2 yrs it's mostly MIA in SG land sale auctions. Its bottom line is no longer here.

fclim
09-03-12, 08:02
Capland took a $2b loan for D'leedon. It has a 5-year facility with a few banks here and expires this year. If there is a major price correction in Singapore, the impairment of the assets held for sale may be significant and will erode their profits. So, it's not like they can wait forever to sell.

kane
09-03-12, 08:51
Can point me to the report on the loans Capland have taken against their under construction properties? Want to study their book more closely.

Ilikeu
09-03-12, 09:10
Extracted commentary from their Q4 2011 report:

Commentary of the significant trends and the competitive conditions of the
industry in which the group operates and any known factors or events that may
affect the group in the next reporting period and the next 12 months
CapitaLand Residential Singapore (“CRS”)

The uncertain global economic outlook, weaker growth forecast for Singapore and the recent
introduction of the Additional Buyers’ Stamp Duty by the Singapore government have further
dampened sentiment in the Singapore residential market. Some potential buyers are adopting a
“wait-and-see” approach in their purchasing decisions. However, as there is still ample liquidity
in the market and given the favourable low interest rate environment, a significant price
correction is unlikely even though prices are expected to come under pressure in 2012.
Notwithstanding this, CRS’ earnings in 2012 are expected to remain healthy, benefiting from
continued revenue recognition of The Interlace, Urban Resort Condominium and The Wharf
Residence. The Wharf Residence is due to complete in 3Q 2012. Revenue contribution from
Bedok Residences is only expected to commence in 2013 as the construction of the residential
units can only commence after the completion of the structural framework of the shopping mall.
For 2012, CRS plans to progressively release new phases at The Interlace and d’Leedon, and
to launch the new 500-unit condominium project in Bishan Central.

fclim
09-03-12, 09:29
Can point me to the report on the loans Capland have taken against their under construction properties? Want to study their book more closely.

You can try their 2010 Annual Report, page 163, Bank Borrowings. Must qualify that it is just one indicator. Not assessing health of the company, but just pointing out that they too have constraints in terms of how long they take to sell their properties.

http://investor.capitaland.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=130462&p=irol-reportsannual

bargain hunter
09-03-12, 09:29

Friday, July 18, 2008

$1.99b Loan For Farrer Rd Condo

Source : The Business Times, July 18, 2008

It's S'pore's biggest syndicated loan for a residential project, says CapitaLand

THE en-bloc purchase of Farrer Court site - which has made many of the sellers millionaires - has achieved many superlatives, the latest being the $1.996 billion loan raised by the CapitaLand-led consortium that is re-developing the land into a high-rise condominium.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SICVzGwqw5I/AAAAAAAAM1g/N2zrTwyQfD8/s400/1.jpg (http://bp0.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SICVzGwqw5I/AAAAAAAAM1g/N2zrTwyQfD8/s1600-h/1.jpg)Making waves: Ms Patricia Chia, CEO, CapitaLand Residential S'pore, Mr Liew (centre) and Mr Ong. The Farrer Rd condo will have 1,500 homes in 36-storey blocks

The loan involving 10 local and international banks to fund the acquisition of the Farrer Court site and its redevelopment is the largest syndicated residential project loan ever arranged in Singapore, said CapitaLand's president and CEO Liew Mun Leong yesterday. He was speaking at the loan-signing ceremony at the Four Seasons Hotel.

This loan comprises a $1.362 billion term loan and a $500 million revolving credit facility with a tenor of five years, and $133.93 million bank guarantee facilities with a six-year tenor. A joint statement by the consortium partners said the loan will be used to partially refinance the acquisition costs and to part-finance the construction and development.

The consortium, Morganite Pte Ltd - whose partners are CapitaLand Residential (with a 35 per cent stake), Ong Beng Seng-controlled Hotel Properties Ltd (22.5 per cent), Morgan Stanley Real Estate Special Situations Fund III LP (22.5 per cent) and US-based Wachovia Development Corporation (20 per cent) - bought the site in June last year for $1.3388 billion, making it the largest collective sale transaction in Singapore. The transaction was completed in March this year.

The privatised HUDC estate of area 77,898 sq m (838,488 sq ft) will be re-developed into 36-storey condominium consisting of 1,500 homes.

This is the only private residential site in the Farrer Road and Holland Road area to be accorded a high plot ratio of 2.8 and a maximum height of 36 storeys.

'The project will cost us about $3 billion, including land price,' said Mr Liew. This $3 billion tag makes it the largest value residential project in Singapore.

'It's during such difficult times that developers, businesses and partners can pool together and seek partnership strengths with healthy financial standing to exploit opportunities,' Mr Liew added. Despite the weakness seen in new home purchases this year, Mr Liew believes that the demand here remains strong.

He is hence confident of attracting the right buyers for this project given its design by renowned architect Zaha Hadid and its good District 10 location, as well as support from the 'blue chip' partners.

'The demand is still holding (up) and there are still people buying,' Mr Liew said. 'If you look at people buying Nassim Park for over $3,000...and that's exceeding pre-Asian crisis (levels).'

Speaking on the sidelines, Hotel Properties executive director Christopher Lim concurred that current market weakness points to the issue of timing rather than a fall in demand.

'The demand is there but people are just waiting,' Mr Lim said. 'If they believe that price is not going to drop, they will come back to the market again.'

The 99-year leasehold project is slated to be launched in the first half of 2009 and its pricing will be determined at that time. Its breakeven pricing is in the region of $1,350 to $1,450 per square foot.

Mr Liew added that the group is ready to hold back the launch to achieve a desirable pricing as profitability remains the key focus for all its projects. 'We are a company that can hold on,' he said. 'Our balance sheet is not under pressure.'

The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners of the loan are DBS Bank, UOB Asia, Standard Chartered Bank, OCBC and Royal Bank of Scotland plc.

Ilikeu
09-03-12, 09:47
Capland took a $2b loan for D'leedon. It has a 5-year facility with a few banks here and expires this year. If there is a major price correction in Singapore, the impairment of the assets held for sale may be significant and will erode their profits. So, it's not like they can wait forever to sell.

Not very clear below, but it seems their "immediate" maturity is only the $500 million revolving credit facility.

Friday, July 18, 2008

$1.99b Loan For Farrer Rd Condo

Source : The Business Times, July 18, 2008

It's S'pore's biggest syndicated loan for a residential project, says CapitaLand

THE en-bloc purchase of Farrer Court site - which has made many of the sellers millionaires - has achieved many superlatives, the latest being the $1.996 billion loan raised by the CapitaLand-led consortium that is re-developing the land into a high-rise condominium.

(http://bp0.blogger.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/SICVzGwqw5I/AAAAAAAAM1g/N2zrTwyQfD8/s1600-h/1.jpg)Making waves: Ms Patricia Chia, CEO, CapitaLand Residential S'pore, Mr Liew (centre) and Mr Ong. The Farrer Rd condo will have 1,500 homes in 36-storey blocks

The loan involving 10 local and international banks to fund the acquisition of the Farrer Court site and its redevelopment is the largest syndicated residential project loan ever arranged in Singapore, said CapitaLand's president and CEO Liew Mun Leong yesterday. He was speaking at the loan-signing ceremony at the Four Seasons Hotel.

This loan comprises a $1.362 billion term loan and a $500 million revolving credit facility with a tenor of five years, and $133.93 million bank guarantee facilities with a six-year tenor. A joint statement by the consortium partners said the loan will be used to partially refinance the acquisition costs and to part-finance the construction and development.

The consortium, Morganite Pte Ltd - whose partners are CapitaLand Residential (with a 35 per cent stake), Ong Beng Seng-controlled Hotel Properties Ltd (22.5 per cent), Morgan Stanley Real Estate Special Situations Fund III LP (22.5 per cent) and US-based Wachovia Development Corporation (20 per cent) - bought the site in June last year for $1.3388 billion, making it the largest collective sale transaction in Singapore. The transaction was completed in March this year.

The privatised HUDC estate of area 77,898 sq m (838,488 sq ft) will be re-developed into 36-storey condominium consisting of 1,500 homes.

This is the only private residential site in the Farrer Road and Holland Road area to be accorded a high plot ratio of 2.8 and a maximum height of 36 storeys.

'The project will cost us about $3 billion, including land price,' said Mr Liew. This $3 billion tag makes it the largest value residential project in Singapore.

'It's during such difficult times that developers, businesses and partners can pool together and seek partnership strengths with healthy financial standing to exploit opportunities,' Mr Liew added. Despite the weakness seen in new home purchases this year, Mr Liew believes that the demand here remains strong.

He is hence confident of attracting the right buyers for this project given its design by renowned architect Zaha Hadid and its good District 10 location, as well as support from the 'blue chip' partners.

'The demand is still holding (up) and there are still people buying,' Mr Liew said. 'If you look at people buying Nassim Park for over $3,000...and that's exceeding pre-Asian crisis (levels).'

Speaking on the sidelines, Hotel Properties executive director Christopher Lim concurred that current market weakness points to the issue of timing rather than a fall in demand.

'The demand is there but people are just waiting,' Mr Lim said. 'If they believe that price is not going to drop, they will come back to the market again.'

The 99-year leasehold project is slated to be launched in the first half of 2009 and its pricing will be determined at that time. Its breakeven pricing is in the region of $1,350 to $1,450 per square foot.

Mr Liew added that the group is ready to hold back the launch to achieve a desirable pricing as profitability remains the key focus for all its projects. 'We are a company that can hold on,' he said. 'Our balance sheet is not under pressure.'

The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners of the loan are DBS Bank, UOB Asia, Standard Chartered Bank, OCBC and Royal Bank of Scotland plc.

Jadey
09-03-12, 10:39
Any idea if one bedder at bishan area with 750sqft can command $4000 rental per month?

devilplate
09-03-12, 10:47
Any idea if one bedder at bishan area with 750sqft can command $4000 rental per month?
is there any 750sqft 1bdr in bishan?

amk
09-03-12, 13:12
Not very clear below, but it seems their "immediate" maturity is only the $500 million revolving credit facility.

U r good in reading between the lines :)

there is one part that is maturing / converting, contingent on the sales performance of the project. and that performance target has been reached. so no immediate funding issue.

Ilikeu
09-03-12, 13:38
U r good in reading between the lines :)

there is one part that is maturing / converting, contingent on the sales performance of the project. and that performance target has been reached. so no immediate funding issue.

To refinance $500m should not be an issue given their balance sheet status. The banks will be more than happy to underwrite their loans. As for the impairment test, even if they are required to write down in the book, it is non-cash item. they can still hold on to the asset (ie. houses) and wait to sell at the price they wanted.

Ilikeu
09-03-12, 13:45
To refinance $500m should not be an issue given their balance sheet status. The banks will be more than happy to underwrite their loans. As for the impairment test, even if they are required to write down in the book, it is non-cash item. they can still hold on to the asset (ie. houses) and wait to sell at the price they wanted.

Come to think of that, I don't think project under-construction will be subject to an impairment test unless the percieved market value is less than their cost in the book.

Although they are asking for sky-high selling prices, the determination for impairment test will not be based on their selling price but rather on their asset cost. correct me if i am wrong.

ecimbew
09-03-12, 14:00

Need to do it with tact la... there's something called virtual

kane
09-03-12, 15:53
Need to do it with tact la... there's something called virtual

Virtual and not physically visible might not be able create the herd effect.

Jadey
09-03-12, 18:29
is there any 750sqft 1bdr in bishan?

Not sure. If this project is selling at 1600psf can a 1bedder unit command $4000 per month, when for the same amount you can rent one in Marina bay.

amk
09-03-12, 20:39
Not sure. If this project is selling at 1600psf can a 1bedder unit command $4000 per month, when for the same amount you can rent one in Marina bay.

I dun understand ur sentence.

What does renting 4000 in marina bay has anything to do with 1600psf 1 bedder in bishan ????

For ur info 4000 can rent a 3bd in bishan 8. I dun think any one expects to rent out a 1 bd for 4000 in bishan.

Jadey
09-03-12, 23:45
I dun understand ur sentence.

What does renting 4000 in marina bay has anything to do with 1600psf 1 bedder in bishan ????

For ur info 4000 can rent a 3bd in bishan 8. I dun think any one expects to rent out a 1 bd for 4000 in bishan.

I am just assuming if a 1 bedder with 750sqft goes for 1600psf, it will have to command a rental income of around $4000 to make it worth. but with $4000 for a 1 bedder, tenant will have many choices in prime district.

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 07:09
Rental yield will be low for sure going forward with new developments.

Jadey
10-03-12, 08:31

Rental low, 99lh and low potential for capital gain. (unless you expecting bishan to hit 1800psf in a few years ) Then what's the point?

hopeful
10-03-12, 08:32
Extracted commentary from their Q4 2011 report: Revenue contribution from Bedok Residences is only expected to commence in 2013 as the construction of the residential units can only commence after the completion of the structural framework of the shopping mall.......

how does this affect progressive payment?
after structural framework of mall done, then pay additional 10% for foundation work (more time to prepare cash)
or once foundation for mall done, pay additional 10% for foundation work (less time).

stiook
10-03-12, 08:54

Have a couple of friends with TOP projects in prime area but no interest so far... Must qualified that maybe the asking was too high...

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 11:15
Prime is no good but must be at the right location in the macro scale. Which development? Asking more than 5K for 2 bedder?
Have a couple of friends with TOP projects in prime area but no interest so far... Must qualified that maybe the asking was too high...

stiook
10-03-12, 12:05
Reflection... Didn't ask too much.
Back to topic... When is the launch? Just feel like going down to look see...

Eldenfirefly
10-03-12, 12:17
Reflection... Didn't ask too much.
Back to topic... When is the launch? Just feel like going down to look see...

Yeah, I think its very soon. Received sms from agent asking if I want to go preview already. Feel like going down to kay po, but dun want to be subject to those pressure tactics by agent ...

Maybe I should wait until formal launch, and hope that got a big crowd, so I can go and look see look see without attracting any agent's attention. :)

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 13:28
Will be a big crowd.
Yeah, I think its very soon. Received sms from agent asking if I want to go preview already. Feel like going down to kay po, but dun want to be subject to those pressure tactics by agent ...

Maybe I should wait until formal launch, and hope that got a big crowd, so I can go and look see look see without attracting any agent's attention. :)

amk
10-03-12, 13:42
I am just assuming if a 1 bedder with 750sqft goes for 1600psf, it will have to command a rental income of around $4000 to make it worth. but with $4000 for a 1 bedder, tenant will have many choices in prime district.

1bd for this project most likely 500 plus sqft. 750sqft probably a 2bd. The basis of ur comparism is flawed. No one is expecting a 4k for 1bd.

.. Although it's obvious all these new launches will not have great rental yield. Why ppl buying ? Ask the Punggol guys 1st.

But will ppl buy bishan 1bd+study for 800k ? Maybe CAPL should rename them all as SOHO 1st.

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 13:48
It will become a norm after a while. Interest rate rise will hit this group of people badly. By then, may see some sales but there will be no takers unless there are fire sales.
1bd for this project most likely 500 plus sqft. 750sqft probably a 2bd. The basis of ur comparism is flawed. No one is expecting a 4k for 1bd.

.. Although it's obvious all these new launches will not have great rental yield. Why ppl buying ? Ask the Punggol guys 1st.

But will ppl buy bishan 1bd+study for 800k ? Maybe CAPL should rename them all as SOHO 1st.

Jadey
10-03-12, 20:40

I noticed most unit in this project comes with a balcony, so I am expecting a 1bedder to be bigger than 500sqft. If a 1bedder is going for 1.2m each I would expect investors will be looking at a min rental of 4.0K, which I think will be difficult in that area.

If they are indeed selling 1bd + study for 800K, I am sure those deep pocket investor will be turn off by the potential large proportion of hdb owners or upgraders.

teddybear
10-03-12, 20:46
So, they only need to pay 10% upfront (just like buying option) now, and wait till 2013 then pay the 2nd 10% (total then 20%). Wow! So easily affordable compared to paying 40% upfront due to 60% LTV if buy resale or completed units! :p

how does this affect progressive payment?
after structural framework of mall done, then pay additional 10% for foundation work (more time to prepare cash)
or once foundation for mall done, pay additional 10% for foundation work (less time).

kane
10-03-12, 21:38
So, they only need to pay 10% upfront (just like buying option) now, and wait till 2013 then pay the 2nd 10% (total then 20%). Wow! So easily affordable compared to paying 40% upfront due to 60% LTV if buy resale or completed units! :p

The next 10% should come sooner than that. The cranes are already there.