PDA

View Full Version : Sky Habitat - Bishan

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

insigina
02-04-12, 08:50
Yeah, back to topic. Anyone has approached the agents who pitch a tent outside for more details? There isn't much on the net.

I think the net already has as much info as it can give at this juncture, except the floorplan and prices. Even for floorplans, the agents are getting them in drips and draps...Because of the way the 2 blocks are designed, one really needs to study the floorplan and siteplan together. There are many units that cannot be accounted for in the siteplan because it is not 3 dimensional, especially the terrace units.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 08:57
If you ask me, they will probably offer substantial discount to VVIP/early birds which would seem cheaper after the immense hype generated by the news regarding the high pricing of this project. This is to promote many early bookings which would then create a frenzy and free publicity to CapLand. But IMO the location although good will be SUPER crowded in the future. Bishan MRT is already a mad-house with the Circle Line interchange. J8 is not a big mall, considered quite small. And if all the other plots of land are launched, the place will be even more congested. However there are still some people not wishing to so-called "miss the boat" with property market and there will be takers for this even with the lay-out being not so good and prices justifying its tag of SKY high.

kane
02-04-12, 08:57
I think the net already has as much info as it can give at this juncture, except the floorplan and prices. Even for floorplans, the agents are getting them in drips and draps...Because of the way the 2 blocks are designed, one really needs to study the floorplan and siteplan together. There are many units that cannot be accounted for in the siteplan because it is not 3 dimensional, especially the terrace units.

Yeah, I was actually hoping for more floor plans to see.

kane
02-04-12, 09:00
If you ask me, they will probably offer substantial discount to VVIP/early birds which would seem cheaper after the immense hype generated by the news regarding the high pricing of this project. This is to promote many early bookings which would then create a frenzy and free publicity to CapLand. But IMO the location although good will be SUPER crowded in the future. Bishan MRT is already a mad-house with the Circle Line interchange. J8 is not a big mall, considered quite small. And if all the other plots of land are launched, the place will be even more congested. However there are still some people not wishing to so-called "miss the boat" with property market and there will be takers for this even with the lay-out being not so good and prices justifying its tag of SKY high.

I think it's time they added another wing to J8. It's getting pretty packed.

insigina
02-04-12, 09:02
Yeah, I was actually hoping for more floor plans to see.

Understand there is another round of agent briefing today. Let's see if more info emerges later.

devilplate
02-04-12, 09:46
You really shameless bastard? Think that word fits you well! Wakekekeke! :D
When you lose an argument, you resort to personal attack & humiliation :doh:
This just shows what shameless character you are! :o
Jadey. I din noe u got so many other accts... Wow

Wakaka

devilplate
02-04-12, 09:52
That's why he/she is the infamous devilplate. :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ahem.....chill sister(s)/brother(s). Let's move back to the original topic of the thread.
Just tcss here nothing serious....

Seriously i cant have meaningful conversation when ppl start making accusations..... So might as well play along with them.... But seems many cant take jokes well....lol

devilplate
02-04-12, 10:15
I am talking about quality, both workmanship & fittings.
Why you so defensive? You work for them or your properties built by them?
Fyi..... Just b careful lor....conversation suddenly turns accusations.... Y nid to throw such qn at me rite?

I own feo projects. Quality so far good but not perfect.

Anyway i started commenting feo layout is good...i nvr say their quality is good in the first plc.... I aso nvr say their projects gd buy.... Those bro n sis here long enuff wud noe i commented feo new launches mostly priced sky high....

Cheers

Wild Falcon
02-04-12, 10:17
Wah lau. So much argument just because someone said FEO not bad. Haha. But i think most importantly is use one's own judgement bah. I think a lot of people just "hearsay" without any basis - so they just assume Capland = best quality and FEO = worst quality. Totally not true IMHO. Someone named "The Sail" as example of poor build and quality (which I agree) but The Sail is NOT by FEO. And then Wing Tai has been sued for falling window frames in its projects. I think once one has viewed and invested in more projects, then u will realise there are some things that FEO does better than other developers. Every developer has their selling point. FEO win the most international awards without resort to foreign architects all the time. Can't be because the awards givers are blind right?

Anyway, back to this Sky Habitat. Just curious if it will attract the same amount of queuers are Bedok Residences. Kekeke.

devilplate
02-04-12, 10:26
I m starting to feel zzz in this forum liao....Not as meaningful as before liao

I comment gd stuff abt developer n some projects... Accusations will start coming in....den start to scold bad words on me.... Lol

It is about time.... Hehe bye bye folks ;)

solsys
02-04-12, 10:34

I comment gd stuff abt developer n some projects... Accusations will start coming in....den start to scold bad words on me.... Lol

Don't disappear leh... comments and feedback are good.

land118
02-04-12, 10:40

Bro, chill la...., many really nothing to do, looking to pick a fight.., for what right. We just share & tcss; dun bother abt them...:D

thomastansb
02-04-12, 10:41
Don't be bothered about them. Some are fools. Stupid and retarded based on the posts that they are posting. Sound like Mr. B. Haha. Ya, but that is my point. The human stupidity is infinite.

thomastansb
02-04-12, 10:45
Anyway, those who attack you are probably sour grapes. We know of many in this forum. Never buy then bang balls. Like Clift. Double the price now. Of course tui until die la.

To me, results speak for themselves. If FEO is really that CMI, they won't be selling high and selling out. Not only high, is record high. No matter what people say, they can't change a fact. All I can attribute to them is sour grapes fool.

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 11:27
yah, just ignore the noise. dun reply their accusations doesn't mean you have lost the argument. it just means you have moved on to more meaningful discussions. :)

DaytonaSS
02-04-12, 12:19
Anyway, back to this Sky Habitat. Just curious if it will attract the same amount of queuers are Bedok Residences. Kekeke.

highly unlikely IMO. sell out is reserved for "integrated developments" but i m equally curious to see its results to prove my theory that MOST Singaporeans prefer to live in their old estates. This kind of pricing can get units is older units river valley or holland area

DaytonaSS
02-04-12, 12:20

okie bye bye DP, see u 2molo

chiaberry
02-04-12, 12:24
Anyway, those who attack you are probably sour grapes. We know of many in this forum. Never buy then bang balls. Like Clift. Double the price now. Of course tui until die la.

To me, results speak for themselves. If FEO is really that CMI, they won't be selling high and selling out. Not only high, is record high. No matter what people say, they can't change a fact. All I can attribute to them is sour grapes fool.

DP don't leave. It will not be the same without you. :scared-2:

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 12:25
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6232623/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

i would choose this 4 bedder over sky habitat's any time. Jan-12 caveat of $2.75m 1722 sq ft 1597psf shows how difficult it is to sell units of this quantum.

but there will be pple who will take up sky habitat 4 bedder over this.

D'Leedon slow enough? Even for supposedly hot developments like WT and BR have 4 bedders with quantum lower than 2mil...good flrs some more. Another decent project, TG was very recently trying hard to unload their 3 bedder PH nicely under 2mil. Anyway we'll see what happens for SH. History could be in the making:D

sh
02-04-12, 12:25
Let's see how long he'll last before his fingers become itchy....:D

Welcome you back anytime DP....:cheers1:

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 13:06
Wow, now you said as though you are the innocent one? Let's review the chronology of events below - and we can see that it is obvious that you are the one making accusations first by saying I make "accusations" when I make my opinion about FEO quality bad known.

Then you say I am jadey.
Next you say jadey is your old flame.
So you inferring to others that I am your old flame? This is out-right provocation and personal insult!

Then you add insulting and derogating words on me such as "chiobu"!

The questions in purple I throw at you is fair right? The fact that you are un-willing to answer the first question means you could potentially have serious conflict of interests, and the second question you answered already confirmed that since some forumers here said you are an agent and you can't rebuke that. Agents definitely may/could have worked with FEO as they are 1 of biggest developers in Singapore! Here you can't even clear your name about this?

You said you trying to have serious conversation by throwing "accusations", "old flame", "chiobu" derogatory terms and insults etc at me?
Now you try to deflect all the above to say I "can't take jokes well"? Are those jokes? Those are not jokes, those are serious personal insults and derogatory remarks. If these are jokes, below are also jokes on you:

My 3rd eye and 6th sense tells me that devilplate is the worst impotent, phsycho-manic who preys on young girls, who loves to make derogatory and insulting remarks on others and term them as "Jokes". Somebody who can't and don't even dare to use a single word of real name as a forum name, hiding behind some nickname to make derogatory and insulting remarks on those who disagree with your opinions! By the way, above are jokes, but also true! :tongue3:

Fyi..... Just b careful lor....conversation suddenly turns
accusations.... Y nid to throw such qn at me rite?
I own feo projects. Quality so far good but not perfect.
Anyway i started commenting feo layout is good...i nvr say their quality is good in the first plc.... I aso nvr say their projects gd buy.... Those bro n sis here long enuff wud noe i commented feo new launches mostly priced sky high....
Cheers

Just tcss here nothing serious....

Seriously i cant have meaningful conversation when ppl start making accusations..... So might as well play along with them.... But seems many cant take jokes well....lol

First you say I am jadey.
Next you say jadey is your old flame.
So you inferring to others that I am your old flame?
What a bloody bastard! *Who want to be your old flame or new flame or be associated with a bastard like you?! The person associated with you must be damn damn... *Oh I lost my words!! **

Chiobu miss felicia....moi gona slp liao....

Thanks for tcss wif me! Loving it nitezz

Miss jadey loves to bicker wif me....MIA for a while liao.....

Felicia ah lian and fierce! i lovin it

My old flame....lol

wakakaka

Miss jadey hihihi

Huh? *Seems like despite many forumers echoing same opinions as me that their difference experience with different FEO projects are bad quality, you still singing songs how good FEO projects are (even say their services world class) & not only that make accusations against people like me who say bad about FEO quality saying we are making accusations? Say them bad means "accusations"?*Again, that is our opinions & those of many others, Why you need to be so defensive? *Want us to name projects? Too many to name! Ask you, you ever worked for FEO (and even now and in future) to sell their projects don't you? *You ever owned and still own FEO projects don't you? *See, that is called vasted interests, snake-oil salesman? *Why not you provide us those FEO super good projects & tell us how you consider good quality & workmanship?

u r offensive lol
Ppl jus love to make accusations lol
I asked u nicely abt which projects....this is a forum.....we r suppose to share....so pls
kindly share the recent projects so tat bro and sis here can take note of it

I am talking about quality, both workmanship & fittings.
Why you so defensive? You work for them or your properties built by them?

May i noe which recent TOP feo projects having lousy built quality in ur opinion?
I am toking abt worksmanship, common area design and practicality....not toking abt the brand of the fittings, the type of marbles etc bcoz u shd hf know it when visiting their showflat

Is your expectation too low or my expectation too high? *But I have definitely seen many better ones than theirs. *Theirs look good on the outside, but not on the inside.....*

I m toking abt layout and flrplans
recent feo TOP projects exceeded my expectations
ocr feo mi casa TOP liao....mabe we shd go n verify their quality

My friends said feo quality very bad. Theirs & friends experience.

gd layout plentiful

I love feo layout
fraser layout aso very good....
crapland layout super cmi.....bedok residence, dleedon.....den this one also.....totally CMI

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 13:13
I believe you are referring to me as "fools", "stupid and retarded", "sour grapes" as I am the one debating with devilplate all this while and pointing out based on facts about that bastard devilplate because of his insults and derogatory remarks against me.

Can you point out what are the posts which can substantiate what you said about my postings that are "Stupid and retarded based on the posts that they are posting"?

Obviously you can't since these are just baseless accusations and provocations against me. Since you are the first to make such provocations against me, it is evident that you are another bastard in this forum just like that devilplate, who like to throw derogatory and insulting remarks at others first! :simmering:

Don't be bothered about them. Some are fools. Stupid and retarded based on the posts that they are posting . Sound like Mr. B. Haha. Ya, but that is my point. The human stupidity is infinite.

It is about time.... Hehe bye bye folks

Lovelle
02-04-12, 13:26
cooooool it......

i think everyone not to be too serious with all these discussions....

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 13:29
i thought chiobu = pretty lady is a complement? :confused:

and why are u wasting ur time on such petty things?

let's just discuss sky habitat here.

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 13:32
snapped...totally snapped...

cooooool it......

i think everyone not to be too serious with all these discussions....

felicia_sg
02-04-12, 13:34
Chiobu is a complement? "wasting ur time on such petty things?"? You said I am petty? Ok, then, how about that devilplate who make derogatory and insulting remarks on me? You have no bad remarks for him? Seems like that is the case, which is why you are targeting me and not him! :simmering:

i thought chiobu is a complement? :confused:

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 13:44
you've got it wrong. i thought when devilplate called you chiobu, he meant pretty lady, which is a complement.

by not wasting time, i mean, rather than banter about these words and terms and spending the time and effort to go and recall/cut and paste the chronology, why not just move on and continue to discuss sky habitat.

i am not so free to "target" u at all.

Chiobu is a complement? "wasting ur time on such petty things?"? You said I am petty? Ok, then, how about that devilplate who make derogatory and insulting remarks on me? You have no bad remarks for him? Seems like that is the case, which is why you are targeting me and not him! :simmering:

thomastansb
02-04-12, 14:16
Did I say you? I can't help it if you take shit and smear onto yourself (a Cantonese phase).

I believe you are referring to me as "fools", "stupid and retarded", "sour grapes" as I am the one debating with devilplate all this while and pointing out based on facts about that bastard devilplate because of his insults and derogatory remarks against me.

Can you point out what are the posts which can substantiate what you said about my postings that are "Stupid and retarded based on the posts that they are posting"?

Obviously you can't since these are just baseless accusations and provocations against me. Since you are the first to make such provocations against me, it is evident that you are another bastard in this forum just like that devilplate, who like to throw derogatory and insulting remarks at others first! :simmering:

solsys
02-04-12, 14:38
Some topic deviation, :D

from a love doctor perspective, bro devilplate made a lasting impression on sis felicia.

Some of the best romeos around use the methods of a negative hit followed by positive hit to spur emotions of ladies. :p

The ladies will then wonder why they are so so angry at this guy but actually felt flattered when given a positive hit thereafter.

If the romeo goes missing or lost, the lady curses at him for being MIA but actually misses him.

Btw, before anyone starts cursing at me, this is proven tactic that works.

The whole idea is GET HER ATTENTION!

1. Guy polite - Girl easily forget
2. Guy neutral - Girl can't remember
3. Guy cheeky - Girl remember
4. Guy naughty - Girl remember for life!

1, 2 can't get the girl.

3, 4 usually can, if cannot also nvm, at least the probability of scoring home run was there.

Just an afternoon leisure post..... :o

Don't flame me. :scared-4:

solsys
02-04-12, 14:38
Double post

amk
02-04-12, 15:15
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6232623/for-sale-soleil-sinaran

i would choose this 4 bedder over sky habitat's any time. Jan-12 caveat of $2.75m 1722 sq ft 1597psf shows how difficult it is to sell units of this quantum.

but there will be pple who will take up sky habitat 4 bedder over this.
well I would choose neither, even without all the CMs.

The design of this one is wrong. Such pattern is not suitable for this location and this country. It's more suitable for sea/water facing and places where sunny hot days are precious commodities not every day affair.

devil: no I'm not vested in Bishan, although I'm very vested in CAPL. $1600 is my expected price for this plot, "branded architect" or not.

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 16:41
can elaborate more on the soleil's 4 bedder layout? i dun quite understand what's bad about it.

teddybear
02-04-12, 16:41
Sometimes, it is a real wonder that people say and write things that is so obviously directed at some person or people and then dare not to admit? Real coward indeed! Ha ha ha! :doh:

Did I say you? I can't help it if you take shit and smear onto yourself (a Cantonese phase).

teddybear
02-04-12, 16:48
Chiobu is a complement? I am not sure though, but I do feel there is a derogatory intent with such words because of the "bu" when used on a young female, just like if people say you are "Young cock"? - Good words? Say you are young "male" seems like a good word right but when become "cock" doesn't seem too good? :beats-me-man:

i thought chiobu = pretty lady is a complement? :confused:

chiaberry
02-04-12, 16:49
Some topic deviation, :D

from a love doctor perspective, bro devilplate made a lasting impression on sis felicia.

Some of the best romeos around use the methods of a negative hit followed by positive hit to spur emotions of ladies. :p

The ladies will then wonder why they are so so angry at this guy but actually felt flattered when given a positive hit thereafter.

If the romeo goes missing or lost, the lady curses at him for being MIA but actually misses him.

Btw, before anyone starts cursing at me, this is proven tactic that works.

The whole idea is GET HER ATTENTION!

Just an afternoon leisure post..... :o

Don't flame me. :scared-4:

haha this is not new. Korean dramas use this kind of approach pretty much all the time but in different settings and with different characters. Also love triangle/love quadrangle etc etc :sleep:

teddybear
02-04-12, 16:51
Didn't know you are a korean drama expert!
Sometimes I am amazed that the Koreans can make interesting tv episodes revolving around family / love triangle / love quadrangle....... :cheers1:

haha this is not new. Korean dramas use this kind of approach pretty much all the time but in different settings and with different characters. Also love triangle/love quadrangle etc etc :sleep:

amk
02-04-12, 19:49
can elaborate more on the soleil's 4 bedder layout? i dun quite understand what's bad about it.

Aiyoh u mistaken lah. I meant this wonderful bishan one. Even though I look CAPL very up, I find this design really bad :( I felt CAPL was being taken advantage of ... Pretty much the same way DBS was when it's "asked" to buy over some banks :cool: (CAPL was under instruction to introduce "foreign talent" designs to inject some diversity into local property scene. KPLD did it much better)

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 20:05
haha. ic. hmm, but i suspect it could be capitaland's idea. coz u see, bedok resi, the floor plan layout was pretty similar. the foreign talent for this project simply helped to package it with the exterior asthetics.

Aiyoh u mistaken lah. I meant this wonderful bishan one. Even though I look CAPL very up, I find this design really bad :( I felt CAPL was being taken advantage of ... Pretty much the same way DBS was when it's "asked" to buy over some banks :cool: (CAPL was under instruction to introduce "foreign talent" designs to inject some diversity into local property scene. KPLD did it much better)

DaytonaSS
02-04-12, 20:20
can any bros pls enlighten me y the layout is considered very lousy? square square layout, issit it what pple like?

i see the 1+S n 2 bedder seems pretty good. pls feel free to share. i hope to learn from bros here also.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 21:13
Regarding the floor plans, for both the 1+S and 2-bedder, you have to walk THROUGH the kitchen and dining area to get to the living and bedroom. And there's not much of a dining area to speak of. In fact, even the living area looks pretty small. For comparison (not that I'm trying to push this devt), the 2-bedder in Archipelago has a more user-friendly lay-out, with space for the dining area by the side of the kitchen:
http://www.bedokarchipelagocondo.com/floorplan/2-bedroom

Thomson Grand has quite a good layout for the 2-bedders as well.

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 21:22
http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/floor_plans.html

2 bedroom 893 sq ft. u flip the balcony backwards, its almost as big as the master + bd rm 2 + living room.

capitaland used to be able to fit queen sized beds in all bedrooms. not any more.

1216 sq ft 3 bedder is the size of an hdb flat. yet, hdb flat doesn't have 2 big balconies, 1 big air con ledge, and able to more than fit queen sized bed in all bedrooms.

1776 sq ft 4 bedder is the worst. 3 balconies and 2 bedrooms so small until can only fit a single bed each. 1 huge + ANOTHER a/c ledge. why need 2?

its not disgusting yet. but capitaland has done better before.

can any bros pls enlighten me y the layout is considered very lousy? square square layout, issit it what pple like?

i see the 1+S n 2 bedder seems pretty good. pls feel free to share. i hope to learn from bros here also.

insigina
02-04-12, 21:34
Regarding the floor plans, for both the 1+S and 2-bedder, you have to walk THROUGH the kitchen and dining area to get to the living and bedroom. And there's not much of a dining area to speak of. In fact, even the living area looks pretty small. For comparison (not that I'm trying to push this devt), the 2-bedder in Archipelago has a more user-friendly lay-out, with space for the dining area by the side of the kitchen:
http://www.bedokarchipelagocondo.com/floorplan/2-bedroom

I agree with your SH layout observation. Also, the 2+1 has only ONE complete bathroom! The other is a "powder room" with no shower facility.

Rosegarden
02-04-12, 21:57
Despite all its flaws, why do I have a bad feeling that this project will sell like hot cakes........:scared-1:

bargain hunter
02-04-12, 22:05
let it be lor. its the buyers' choice.

Despite all its flaws, why do I have a bad feeling that this project will sell like hot cakes........:scared-1:

smallant
02-04-12, 22:05
The agent called.... Collecting cheqs now ! But think 1700 psf for Bishan is toooooo steamy for me ! :doh:

Ha.. Think I also given up waterbank... may go for FH east coast properties.. at least the prices just TOP is going at 1200-1300ish.. Eyeing one FH Guoccoland project low rise resort style project just TOP.. Nice pool, great spacious layout of 1700ish sqft on a single level & only 1 balcony ! Hope seller willing to let go .... :D

ysyap
02-04-12, 22:13
I get a sense that many people (not everyone ah) are merely pointing out the 'bad' points of any new launches for the sake of pointing out (me not excluded). Nothing more. Last time people say Thomson G very lousy until only fools will buy but now some even feel that Thomson G is better compared with this project. Its either forummers get the thrills from trashing a project just because everyone else is doing so or the new launches are really CMI. But how far can such lousy projects persist? Until the day when an agent comes with a six men tent and convince you that its worth $1400 psf? :rolleyes:

lufu
02-04-12, 22:14

but due to the private lift, even the lobby area is counted toward your psf.
the only way to make use of that space is to remove the entire main entrance altogether (or just leave the entrance doors wide open to make the place look even more spacious) since only the owner can go up to that particular floor/unit. :D

the lift door in effect becomes the main entrance door. :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

lufu
02-04-12, 22:17
The agent called.... Collecting cheqs now ! But think 1700 psf for Bishan is toooooo steamy for me ! :doh:

Ha.. Think I also given up waterbank... may go for FH east coast properties.. at least the prices just TOP is going at 1200-1300ish.. Eyeing one FH Guoccoland project low rise resort style project just TOP.. Nice pool, great spacious layout of 1700ish sqft on a single level & only 1 balcony ! Hope seller willing to let go .... :D

The Waterline? The finishing is bad. Some Kiss brand tap and homogenous tiles that looks like HDB quality. Even the vanity top looks cheap. People who said FEO is lousy should see this for themselves. :doh:

kane
02-04-12, 22:17
but due to the private lift, even the lobby area is counted toward your psf.
the only way to make use of that space is to remove the entire main entrance altogether since only the owner can go up to that particular floor/unit. :D

the lift door in effect becomes the main entrance door. :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

That's the purpose of private lift.

fclim
02-04-12, 22:34
That's the purpose of private lift.

On this private lift thingy, if u take the same lift as ur upstairs neighbour or his visitors, as the lift door opens, won't they be able to peep into ur house and see eveyhing? If so, then is this really considered as private?

ysyap
02-04-12, 22:39
Just noticed that the 4 bedder has actually 3 ensuite bathrooms... One Master, one Junior Master and last one is at the yard area where the utility room has an attached toilet... Hmmm... :)

teddybear
02-04-12, 22:44
Nothing private at all, as the same person in the lift can follow the resident out of the lift and into their house as well. So, they still need a solid door despite the so-called private lift! :beats-me-man:

On this private lift thingy, if u take the same lift as ur upstairs neighbour or his visitors, as the lift door opens, won't they be able to peep into ur house and see eveyhing? If so, then is this really considered as private?

kane
02-04-12, 22:55

there should be an L shape such that they can't look into your house from the lift. otherwise, that is sheer bad design.

lufu
02-04-12, 22:56

I think in each block there are 2 lifts serving 37 units for 2 bedders
and 2 lifts serving 38 units for 3 bedders.

waiting for the next lift each time there's someone else waiting to enjoy being private. :doh:

kane
02-04-12, 22:57
I think in each block there are 2 lifts serving 37 units for 2 bedders
and 2 lifts serving 38 units for 3 bedders.

waiting for the next lift each time there's someone else waiting to enjoy being private. :doh:

wait another neighbour come and wait for the same lift. suck thumb wait again?

lufu
02-04-12, 23:06
wait another neighbour come and wait for the same lift. suck thumb wait again?

then one has to Keep waiting and waiting for wanting to be private. :D :D :D
to be fair 2 lifts for 37-38 units are rather generous?

Wait till one see the lift situation at The Reflections. Sure morning peak. :doh:

kane
02-04-12, 23:09
then one has to Keep waiting and waiting for wanting to be private. :D :D :D
to be fair 2 lifts for 37-38 units are rather generous?

Wait till one see the lift situation at The Reflections. Sure morning peak. :doh:

no need so private lah. i'm sure you would know most of the neighbours in that stack. if it's some stranger then don't get it lor.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 23:18
I agree with your SH layout observation. Also, the 2+1 has only ONE complete bathroom! The other is a "powder room" with no shower facility.

Yep I noticed that but didn't want to give too many negative points. Or somebody will say I purposely flame this Sky Habitat.

I put up the layout of Archipelago for comparison that for around the same floor area, the Archipelago looks like having more space for living/dining plus a shower for the 2nd bathroom. I presume it's due to the smaller size of the balcony and air-con ledge.

chiaberry
02-04-12, 23:24
Just noticed that the 4 bedder has actually 3 ensuite bathrooms... One Master, one Junior Master and last one is at the yard area where the utility room has an attached toilet... Hmmm... :)

I was thinking....this is like the HDB where the toilet is next to the kitchen. I don't like that that lay-out for 4 bedrooms too. I believe TG has similar problem with the bigger units. Designers seem to think we like having a toilet in the yard/kitchen area.

Those bedrooms in the 4 bedder - you won't be able to put a desk in so you will have to do it Soho-style with a platform bed on top if you have a student in your house. I can foresee a bright future for sellers of those loft-style beds.

hyenergix
02-04-12, 23:24

I dun think so... $1700psf is v steep n e quantum is big. Let's c e response.

kane
02-04-12, 23:26
what would be the size of each balcony? 100sqft?

kane
02-04-12, 23:27
and i'm curious to know how much each of the PHs cost... lol.

Lovelle
03-04-12, 10:31

u can get waterbank at 1200 psf ? With mrt just 30 meter walk, it's like kovan melody

Wild Falcon
03-04-12, 10:33
I hate too many toilets.

Wild Falcon
03-04-12, 10:34
Doesn't matter. Still need a door.

there should be an L shape such that they can't look into your house from the lift. otherwise, that is sheer bad design.

lufu
03-04-12, 12:49
Doesn't matter. Still need a door.

The private lift opens up to the walking corridor part of the house. So you can't see the living room or bed room or look into the house.

I'm very familiar with the layout of Thomson Grand. Been eyeing on it for quite some time but still hoping/waiting to catch a Good discount.

Patience...

Ringo33
03-04-12, 14:22
I get a sense that many people (not everyone ah) are merely pointing out the 'bad' points of any new launches for the sake of pointing out (me not excluded). Nothing more. Last time people say Thomson G very lousy until only fools will buy but now some even feel that Thomson G is better compared with this project. Its either forummers get the thrills from trashing a project just because everyone else is doing so or the new launches are really CMI. But how far can such lousy projects persist? Until the day when an agent comes with a six men tent and convince you that its worth $1400 psf? :rolleyes:

This is what I call boiling frog syndrome

insigina
03-04-12, 14:37
I was thinking....this is like the HDB where the toilet is next to the kitchen. I don't like that that lay-out for 4 bedrooms too. I believe TG has similar problem with the bigger units. Designers seem to think we like having a toilet in the yard/kitchen area.

Those bedrooms in the 4 bedder - you won't be able to put a desk in so you will have to do it Soho-style with a platform bed on top if you have a student in your house. I can foresee a bright future for sellers of those loft-style beds.

Not only the 4 bedder. The 3 bedder also. Check out one of the rooms. It can and must ONLY fit a single bed and nothing else because then the door cannot open. I think almost utility room size:tsk-tsk:

Wild Falcon
03-04-12, 17:25
Then its your job to state your views why Sky Habitat is a good project and good buy :) Don't be worried about being flamed lah. Haha. Sometimes just got to be more thick skinned...

This is what I call boiling frog syndrome

dh13660
03-04-12, 17:37
About TG, no one raised the point that it is West-East facing...too hot too hot for my liking. like a sauna the whole day around, except for noon. Just my humble thoughts :scared-2:

Ringo33
03-04-12, 19:23
Then its your job to state your views why Sky Habitat is a good project and good buy :) Don't be worried about being flamed lah. Haha. Sometimes just got to be more thick skinned...

I have seen the floor plan and they look horrible. IMO those balcony are really bad for fengshui.

lufu
03-04-12, 20:18
About TG, no one raised the point that it is West-East facing...too hot too hot for my liking. like a sauna the whole day around, except for noon. Just my humble thoughts :scared-2:

apart from 2-bedders and Strata Houses, all units face the blazing West Sun!
No need to install sauna. In fact they could list private sauna as one of the facilities apart from their private lift. :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

Can't wait for Sky Habitat to launch. Has anyone got official launch date already?

Wild Falcon
03-04-12, 21:34
I think its a bad time to launch, esp now with the URA index already falling and the writing's on the wall...

DaytonaSS
03-04-12, 23:14
http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/floor_plans.html

2 bedroom 893 sq ft. u flip the balcony backwards, its almost as big as the master + bd rm 2 + living room.

capitaland used to be able to fit queen sized beds in all bedrooms. not any more.

1216 sq ft 3 bedder is the size of an hdb flat. yet, hdb flat doesn't have 2 big balconies, 1 big air con ledge, and able to more than fit queen sized bed in all bedrooms.

1776 sq ft 4 bedder is the worst. 3 balconies and 2 bedrooms so small until can only fit a single bed each. 1 huge + ANOTHER a/c ledge. why need 2?

its not disgusting yet. but capitaland has done better before.

in the crazy world of 635 sqft for 3 bedder or 1000sqft for 4 bedder, 1216 for a 3 bedder is a luxury issit it? in my observation, alot of developments are now smaller than a HDB equal.

however i do agree the balcony seems a ted too big. That where they try to earn back abit i guess for super over bidding over the 2nd highest bidder.

DaytonaSS
03-04-12, 23:17
I have seen the floor plan and they look horrible. IMO those balcony are really bad for fengshui.

its good for health! your cloths will get alot of sunlight!!

DaytonaSS
03-04-12, 23:21

no 1 rule of house buying, no direct west sun

dh13660
04-04-12, 00:01

Yup fully agreed. So how can still compare TG with SH??

pinkpolkadot
04-04-12, 06:19
Not launched yet and already generate 83 pages of interest!

The price is ridiculously high. Let's see how it sells.

price
04-04-12, 08:52
Not launched yet and already generate 83 pages of interest!

The price is ridiculously high. Let's see how it sells.

Haaha ur ridiculous too. 83 pages of debate or interest?

kane
04-04-12, 08:58
We are unknowingly generating free publicity for them. Lol.

fiat500
04-04-12, 08:59
Cant agree more bro..
Btw,u should go to the aristo thread n look up on this so call agent Shawn's thread about his views on the afternoon sun issues..
Make me wana puke..
Hahahahahahahahaha

DC33_2008
04-04-12, 08:59
Depends on positive or negative publicity. More like the latter.
We are unknowingly generating free publicity for them. Lol.

kane
04-04-12, 09:04
Depends on positive or negative publicity. More like the latter.

But strangely, the seemingly negative discussion on watertown here didn't seem to dampen their sales there. We even made it plain how that stacked up against the peers that are going at a much more reasonable price. I just heard TG sold 70units last month after a very slow spell. They have to thank SH.

DC33_2008
04-04-12, 09:10
Looking at the majority buyers at watertown are with hdb address seem to mean that they have bought for a different reason. A micro-level analysis on location of such hdb addresses will be useful to predict what will happen in that area.
But strangely, the seemingly negative discussion on watertown here didn't seem to dampen their sales there. We even made it plain how that stacked up against the peers that are going at a much more reasonable price. I just heard TG sold 70units last month after a very slow spell. They have to thank SH.

insigina
04-04-12, 09:39

TG did well after potential buyers of SH looked at the latter and decided TG gave them better value. Until now, I cannot believe how one of the bedrooms for the 3 bedder cannot open the door if you tried to squeeze in a queen size bed. Mind you, we are not talking about the 600+sqft 3 bedroom units...its the 1216sqft. Quite disappointing, really.

Ringo33
04-04-12, 10:24
Looking at the majority buyers at watertown are with hdb address seem to mean that they have bought for a different reason. A micro-level analysis on location of such hdb addresses will be useful to predict what will happen in that area.

I am guessing that the only people who are willing to pay 1300psf for ulu punggol will have to be people living around that area and most likely their first private property investment as well.

DC33_2008
04-04-12, 10:27
This is my guess to but need hard evidence to prove it. I am sure FEO analyst is analysing this data to launch the next move for future projects.
I am guessing that the only people who are willing to pay 1300psf for ulu punggol will have to be people living around that area and most likely their first private property investment as well.

teddybear
04-04-12, 11:01
The people paying $13xx psf in Punggol when they can get $14xx psf in River Valley is like :doh:
Many people just can't move out of their comfort zone to catch the "big fish"! :beats-me-man:

DaytonaSS
04-04-12, 11:37
Cant agree more bro..
Btw,u should go to the aristo thread n look up on this so call agent Shawn's thread about his views on the afternoon sun issues..
Make me wana puke..
Hahahahahahahahaha

if his own house is direct west sun, then he is steady lah. generally speaking, in Singapore context, we see sun wanna "siam". A North south facig property is so windy and shiok to stay in.

okie i go there and see whats he says! i get ready my plastic bag first.

Lovelle
04-04-12, 13:35
any news on cheque collection and agent briefing ?

rymccondo77
04-04-12, 13:40

These people could be HDB upgraders from around the area. If these are families with children studying in Punggol and surrounding areas (e.g. Sengkang, Hougang), plus in-laws also from these surrounding areas, they would not want to move to a "far away" place.

Ultimately it depends on the profile/needs of the buyer.

Poloclub
04-04-12, 13:51
These people could be HDB upgraders from around the area. If these are families with children studying in Punggol and surrounding areas (e.g. Sengkang, Hougang), plus in-laws also from these surrounding areas, they would not want to move to a "far away" place.

Ultimately it depends on the profile/needs of the buyer.

I doubt they are buying for own stay because those hot selling units are studio/1/2 bedder units. Most likely they are buying them for investment.

DaytonaSS
05-04-12, 00:29
wah lau, u all say SH layout is lousy.......

after i see the war going on in Aristo thread, i go see the layout. come on compared to Aristo, SH is great ba!!

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/ProjectWebsites/Maroon/FloorPlans.aspx?id=2582

seriously i cannot believe what i m seeing in the above link.

hyenergix
05-04-12, 05:57

after i see the war going on in Aristo thread, i go see the layout. come on compared to Aristo, SH is great ba!!

A gross mis-calculated policy by BCA at the expense of tax payers and home buyers http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm. To date, air-con ledge issue is not fixed yet.

chiaberry
05-04-12, 07:16

Totally maxed out the balcony/planter/air-con ledge. Thumbs down :tongue3:

lufu
05-04-12, 08:04
A gross mis-calculated policy by BCA at the expense of tax payers and home buyers http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm. To date, air-con ledge issue is not fixed yet.

URA should have imposed a limit/ratio to air-con ledge.

URA should have reduce the 3% margin for floor area. if you buy a 1000 sq ft developer can deliver 970 sq ft and not refund you a single cent.

URA should have implemented the new guidelines for show flat and changes to housing act, developer has to publish price list etc. when the review was done 2 years ago and after the review, things have gone completely silent.

kane
05-04-12, 08:26
If they don't want to force them to take away the air con ledge, then just enforce that all developers state clearly what is the effective usable built in. Then all buyers can make an informed decision and divide the quantum by the actual usable area to derive the real psf.

solsys
05-04-12, 09:04
This is my guess to but need hard evidence to prove it. I am sure FEO analyst is analysing this data to launch the next move for future projects.

Herd mentality, after the initial euphoria..... all let go at the same time, perhaps.

lufu
05-04-12, 11:49
Its finally launched. Heard it over the radio

insigina
05-04-12, 12:04
Its finally launched. Heard it over the radio

Not launched today lah. Agent briefing at 4 pm today

lufu
05-04-12, 13:46

Edit edit edit.

lufu
05-04-12, 13:50

Launch reported on news 938

Launched at $1600 to $1800 psf

price
05-04-12, 13:54

:scared-4:

insigina
05-04-12, 13:58

Is this list price or nett?

flagship74
05-04-12, 14:01
Is this list price or nett?

of course list px lah..where got so ex wan!!:rolleyes:

insigina
05-04-12, 14:03
of course list px lah..where got so ex wan!!:rolleyes:

I like your optimism:)

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 14:13

Bishan is the new Tanglin! :doh:

value
05-04-12, 16:11
Bishan is the new Tanglin! :doh:
CNA reported launch on 14 Apr @$1700-1800psf

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1193341/1/.html

More expensive than d'leedon :scared-1:

rymccondo77
05-04-12, 19:42
CNA reported launch on 14 Apr @$1700-1800psf

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1193341/1/.html

More expensive than d'leedon :scared-1:

A "designer condomiunium project" (quoted from CNA) so designer condo prices !

cl0ver
05-04-12, 20:50
still got 20% disc right?

kane
05-04-12, 21:33
1600-1800psf after discount or before?

land118
05-04-12, 21:36
My mailbox got 2 Same Colour flyers of this projects from ERA, but different agents..., am expecting more over the weekend...Flyers say "VVIP Preview, pls register for appointment"

kane
05-04-12, 22:10
And is the vvip preview this weekend?

kane
05-04-12, 22:18

lufu
05-04-12, 22:40

probably since public launch is next week

Adva181
05-04-12, 23:10
With so much useless space, my guess is launch 1700-1800 b4 discount den final price around 1400psf n everyone think it's cheap or fair den Cheong to buy. Hahaha

Poloclub
05-04-12, 23:57
heard the towering model at the showflat is very impressive. be prepared to be WOW when you visit the showflat.

land118
06-04-12, 00:01
With so much useless space, my guess is launch 1700-1800 b4 discount den final price around 1400psf n everyone think it's cheap or fair den Cheong to buy. Hahaha
Agent will use the usual trick: "better buy now b4 developer reduce the discount"...:D

Poloclub
06-04-12, 00:07
Agent will use the usual trick: "better buy now b4 developer reduce the discount"...:D

The agent I spoke too think the price is too expensive..:D

bargain hunter
06-04-12, 09:44
Published April 6, 2012

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/ax/c.gif
ERA's marketing of Sky Habitat causes stir

LTA asks agents to remove banners, tentage in Bishan street, well ahead of official launch

By MINDY TAN

IN their eagerness to market units before the official launch of Sky Habitat, marketing agents ERA Realty had a brush with the law last week.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2012-04-06/BT_IMAGES_MTCAP06.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openwindow('/local/picturepopup/0,4661,178674-260000,00.html?');)SKY HABITAT
Indicative prices are in the $1,700-$1,800 psf range; the figure can change closer to the launch date, expected to be April 14. At this level, the condo will set a new benchmark for suburban projects According to a LTA spokesperson, LTA officers spotted the display of banners within public streets and setting up of tentage by agents along Bishan Street 14 on March 30, 2012, and asked the agents to remove the banners, at the same time advising them to remove the tentage which they were using as a working area to distribute pamphlets to motorists who were driving past.

'We will be issuing notices of offence to the agents for the unauthorised display of banners. We have also notified the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) about the agents' promotional activities along Bishan Street 14 and have requested them to take necessary action if their agents are found to breach the Council's Code of Practice,' added the spokesperson.

The long queues formed in front of CapitaLand's Bedok Residences' showroom days before the official launch had earlier resulted in the estate agency watchdog spelling out in detail, for the first time, the rules on queues for condominium launches.

Residents in Bishan said that the marketing for the project has been quite aggressive, with flyers distributed to individual homes, and booths and banners set up within Junction 8.

Knight Frank and ERA are the marketing agents for Sky Habitat, the 99-year condominium project located in Bishan Central on Bishan Street 15.

Thus far, there has been encouraging interest based on the number of people pre-registering their interests, said agents for the project, which comprises 509 units across two 38-storey towers.

The project, which is designed by Moshe Safdie - the architect behind the Marina Bay Sands integrated resort - is developed by Bishan Residential Development - a joint venture between CapitaLand's CapitaLand Residential Singapore, Mitsubishi Estate Asia and Shimizu Investment (Asia). It is expected to be launched on April 14.

According to a report issued earlier, indicative prices for the project are in the range of $1,700 and $1,800 psf; the figure can change, depending on buyer interest, closer to the target launch date.
At the price, the condo will set benchmark prices across all suburban projects.

Unit types for Sky Habitat include one-bedroom plus study (635 to 958 sq ft), two-bedroom (721 to 1,302 sq ft), three-bedroom (1,216 to 1,894 sq ft), four-bedroom units (1,550 to 2,260 sq ft), and penthouse units (2,551 to 3,671 sq ft).

A majority of the units are three-bedroom units (218 units), followed by the two-bedroom and two-bedroom plus study units, of which there are 68 and 82 units respectively.

'We're not in the habit of building small units, that simply is not our philosophy. For Sky Habitat, (we are looking to) attract families who need more space, so the focus is on three-bedroom units,' said Wong Heang Fine, chief executive of CapitaLand Residential Singapore.
'
House prices are a reflection of global sentiments and economic growth and interest rates. Given current conditions, where global sentiments seem to be improving and interest rates remain low and very competitive, I think there will still be demand for private housing,' he added.

insigina
06-04-12, 12:52
There seems to be alot of publicity given by the media on this project. I cannot recall a similar level of attention for others. If they cannot sell more than 80% on launch day, it is not a success.

lufu
06-04-12, 12:57
There seems to be alot of publicity given by the media on this project. I cannot recall a similar level of attention for others. If they cannot sell more than 80% on launch day, it is not a success.

Capitaland has a lot of 'connections' in the media? so much free publicity.
hope it doesn't become another D'Leedon.

The finishing of this better be good unlike those HDB standard used in D'Leedon and The Interlace. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Leeds
06-04-12, 12:57
Capitaland acquired the site for $869 psf ppr. Remember, they bid $100m more than than the second highest bidder and caused a stirr in the market then.

Breakeven for this project is about $1350 psf. At this selling price, Capitaland is hoping to get at least 30% margin. Very brave indeed. Will people bit???

insigina
06-04-12, 13:05
Capitaland acquired the site for $869 psf ppr. Remember, they bid $100m more than than the second highest bidder and caused a stirr in the market then.

Breakeven for this project is about $1350 psf. At this selling price, Capitaland is hoping to get at least 30% margin. Very brave indeed. Will people bit???

That's the trouble. There seems to be a disconnect with market sentiments on all levels. Also, take a look at their typical 3 (1216 sqft) and 4 bedders (1764 sqft)...why the 550 sqft gap with nothing in between???

DaytonaSS
06-04-12, 22:20
The finishing of this better be good unlike those HDB standard used in D'Leedon and The Interlace. :doh: :doh: :doh:

U mean hdb finishing standard nowadays like condo? Or u mean no marble stabs so it's hdb standard? I own a hdb too that cost ard a OCR condo leh, but I don't see condo standard finishing.....

kane
06-04-12, 22:58

ironically, they may deem it a failure on their part if they sold 80% on launch day. lol.

ekl2ekl2
07-04-12, 11:03

Wow, almost one and a half pages of adverts in the ST classified ads today on SH. Publicity going into overdrive. Walk around Bishan, agents everywhere.

shauntanzs
07-04-12, 13:09

They bid high n pass cost back to buyer. End day winner still govt

lufu
07-04-12, 18:59
Moshe Safdie hard sell from 2:10 mark
http://youtu.be/O7b5efEf_hc

Apparently it's a "clone" of Habitat 67 in Montreal, Canada
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Habitat_panorama.jpg/1280px-Habitat_panorama.jpg

Design from 1967. So outdated. :scared-4:
http://unusual-architecture.com/habitat-67-montreal-canada/

Panerex77
07-04-12, 19:51
I m only keen to see how Impressive the showroom, doubt will have the money to buy.

Any idea when showroom be ready?

ikan bilis
07-04-12, 20:01
Cheapskate 5sec TV ads ??... :scared-4:

kane
07-04-12, 20:56
That montreal building reminds me of the colonnade.

phantom_opera
07-04-12, 22:38
http://www.65singapore.com/qingyu/images/banner1.jpg

CAPL won't need u ... they just need mainland Chinese :banghead:

kane
07-04-12, 22:42
how did you manage to unearth this ad?

rymccondo77
08-04-12, 01:16
CAPL has a lot of business and developments in the China market, so not surprising they will promote Sky Habitat to mainland Chinese.

hyenergix
08-04-12, 07:04
That montreal building reminds me of the colonnade.

Other than the nice sky bridges, the rest of the design looks cluttered. I will cost a bomb to repaint after 5 years.

kane
08-04-12, 07:56
Other than the nice sky bridges, the rest of the design looks cluttered. I will cost a bomb to repaint after 5 years.

People who can pay 1600-1800 probably can afford the higher quarterly maintenance bill i presume.

flagship74
08-04-12, 10:11

i cant agree more..crapland is not aiming for sporean buyer..they are basically cash strap..hehehe..:D

phantom_opera
08-04-12, 10:16
Kane, it is in the internet, just make use of Google :-)

http://www.65singapore.com/uploads/photo/index/qy.gif

I think the white color is trendy ... Applet iPad limited edition, first 30 for mainland Chinese :doh:

lufu
08-04-12, 10:22
People who can pay 1600-1800 probably can afford the higher quarterly maintenance bill i presume.

True. Stay in HDB. Utility rebate, painting also done by town council. :D

Free planter box everywhere not included in your psf too. All along the corridor. Level 2 / lower floor is typically your designated planter box area. :D :D :D

Laguna
08-04-12, 10:51

this was done before the new ruling on the PR

DC33_2008
08-04-12, 10:54
10% absd is not a lot for the wealthy PRCs as compared to their kids education, security, food and air their breath. It is worth it.
this was done before the new ruling on the PR

Jcmillineum
08-04-12, 11:35
If it's this colour, it's easier to maintain.

Moshe Safdie hard sell from 2:10 mark
http://youtu.be/O7b5efEf_hc

Apparently it's a "clone" of Habitat 67 in Montreal, Canada
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Habitat_panorama.jpg/1280px-Habitat_panorama.jpg

Design from 1967. So outdated. :scared-4:
http://unusual-architecture.com/habitat-67-montreal-canada/

roly8
08-04-12, 13:37

yea....
all these expensive condo are for foreigners one...:o

lufu
08-04-12, 13:48
yea....

If Developers rely on local Singaporean to buy they would have closed shop already.

Just drove past Reflections at Keppel a while ago.
A topless new SLK with 3 young ang mo ladies including the driver. Raised both their hands up high as they zoomed out their condo at high speed. (wonder why they're so happy/excited)

:scared-4: plenty of rich folks around to buy these properties. No we need worry that developer can't sell them. :D

ysyap
08-04-12, 14:26
The world is just strange. Foreigners coming to buy Singapore properties while Singaporeans going out to buy foreign properties... :cheers1:

rymccondo77
08-04-12, 14:59
The world is just strange. Foreigners coming to buy Singapore properties while Singaporeans going out to buy foreign properties... :cheers1:

As the saying goes - The grass is always greener on the other side!

insigina
08-04-12, 16:29
yea....

Foreigners also very discerning. I remember bus loads of PRCs buyers went to view D'Leedon. Why still got two thirds unsold?

kane
08-04-12, 17:17
Foreigners also very discerning. I remember bus loads of PRCs buyers went to view D'Leedon. Why still got two thirds unsold?

Cos they have 1700 units?

FH99
08-04-12, 17:37
So it needs to be priced at > S$2M to attract the fast track PRs.
FIS is dropped, but GIP is still there.
Just setup a company and use the GIP scheme.

Ringo33
08-04-12, 17:39
yea....

Foreigners made up around 20% of the property purchase in Q4 last year, so with CM5 ABSD and scrapping of FIS for PRCs I am not sure how many foreigners will bite on this one.

IMO, the real rich foreigners in Singapore will only go for the best in CCR and they will not be keen to waste their time living in Bishan. As for investment if this property is selling at 1700psf, rental yield for this property will be crap.

I think the interest from the general public is to find out how many idiots will fall for capland marketing gimmick.

FH99
08-04-12, 18:11
Option B: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP-approved fund.

http://www.contactsingapore.sg/Library/1/Pages/1191/Global%20Investor%20Programme%20Factsheet%20-%20English%20%281%20Dec%202011%29.pdf
http://www.contactsingapore.sg/Library/1/Pages/1191/Collation%20of%20Funds%27%20Term%20Sheets%20Final%20120112.pdf

ulrich76
08-04-12, 22:23
This one will sell out. Capland positioning it as highend atas condo. Targeted at people who want to show off the architecture to their visitors. People who count 5c 10c need not apply. Capland also not interested in u

fiat500
08-04-12, 22:37
This one will sell out. Capland positioning it as highend atas condo. Targeted at people who want to show off the architecture to their visitors. People who count 5c 10c need not apply. Capland also not interested in u
I doubt it will be a hot seller seriously?its too expensive for a project located in a hdb estate.

ekl2ekl2
08-04-12, 22:51

Doubt it will be a sell out. Quantum just too high for a HDB hub. If only they have MMs, then these will surely get snapped up or a huge discount is given.

But the location is excellent, very near one of the MRT exit, walking distance to junction 8, coffee shops, bus interchange, and not forgetting a wonderful library, and a public stadium just next door. It will be the Iconic building in Bishan.

dh13660
08-04-12, 22:55
I doubt it will be a hot seller seriously?its too expensive for a project located in a hdb estate.

actually bishan does not have that many hdb flats compared to other estates like tpy and amk. half of bishan are occupied by landed, condo, schools, depot and a big park :)

fclim
08-04-12, 22:57
Somehow, I feel that Capland is doing some kind of social service. Refusing to build MMs when everyone is doing it and bringing designer condo to the heartlands..or being different for the sake of it?

amk
08-04-12, 23:01
I said it long tome ago, CAPL is doing national service by not building MMs , and bringing foreign talent designs into spore.

Btw , why is every one so sure there is no discount , rebate, etc ? 1600 I think would have been a nice px. Enough margin, not too cheap, not too ex.

Akira Fudou
08-04-12, 23:14
theres a lot of good location projects within this price range. i rather get 8@mount sophia

Ringo33
08-04-12, 23:46
Doubt it will be a sell out. Quantum just too high for a HDB hub. If only they have MMs, then these will surely get snapped up or a huge discount is given.

But the location is excellent, very near one of the MRT exit, walking distance to junction 8, coffee shops, bus interchange, and not forgetting a wonderful library, and a public stadium just next door. It will be the Iconic building in Bishan.

When I pay 1700-1800 psf, i would expect to be within 400m of orchard road and have restaurants and cafe rather than coffee shop. Bus interchange? a real turn off if you ask me.

DaytonaSS
09-04-12, 00:02
Somehow, I feel that Capland is doing some kind of social service. Refusing to build MMs when everyone is doing it and bringing designer condo to the heartlands..or being different for the sake of it?

I agree with u bro. Got some fellow forumers say 635sqft 3 bedder is call efficient layout. I also blur. Some go as far as call it an upgrade with security features.

Other than the high Psf , I actually find it refreshing from the square blocks hdb like condo we r seeing everywhere. At least someone is trying. But as reality have it, price is more impt than looks in this super high price environment.

DaytonaSS
09-04-12, 00:17
When I pay 1700-1800 psf, i would expect to be within 400m of orchard road and have restaurants and cafe rather than coffee shop. Bus interchange? a real turn off if you ask me.

IMHO I don't think it's $1700 for a 1000-1200 sqft unit. That kind of range is reserved for 650sqft units. My guess is 1400-1500 for 3 bedder unit 1216sqft unit.

thomastansb
09-04-12, 00:21
Why would it be iconic? It is suburban anyway. And the location is not so fantastic. I don't find near to coffeeshops, library or coffeeshops any "fantastic". And not forgetting, stadium? What is so great about being near stadium?

Sorry, I disagree with the location. MRT and shopping centre, maybe yes. But there are many condos with MRT and shopping centre in suburban as well.

dtrax
09-04-12, 00:28
Too big to fail? The developer literally advertise their 5sec tv ads over prime time channel 8, agents overwhelm sat classified ads with this development. I am keeping my eyes peel wide open to see the performance. I bet the gov will also pay close attention lol :) As what many bros here said, quantum not cheap.. if got tons of bishaniers/locals hoot this, it will be damn scary.. all ammo gaogao n more CM coming along the way?

flagship74
09-04-12, 01:11
i wanna get one..stay tune.:cheers1:

Ringo33
09-04-12, 01:15
Why would it be iconic? It is suburban anyway. And the location is not so fantastic. I don't find near to coffeeshops, library or coffeeshops any "fantastic". And not forgetting, stadium? What is so great about being near stadium?

Sorry, I disagree with the location. MRT and shopping centre, maybe yes. But there are many condos with MRT and shopping centre in suburban as well.

Bishan location is not bad, but the SH site is definitely not worth this kind of money.

1) Site is right next to place of worship. On Friday, the entire road in front will be pack with cars, trucks, bike etc etc. And people living around there will have to get use to the prayer.

2) Kiasi parents will want to avoid living close to ITE as they might be afraid their kids might mix with bad company

3) The land surrounding SH all belongs to HDB, perhaps SH will have HDB, BTO, or nursing home as their neighbors very soon.

I have nothing against anything I have mentioned, but if someone would to pay 1700psf, I am sure they should deserve somewhere better than this.

dtrax
09-04-12, 01:24
i wanna get one..stay tune.:cheers1:

!!!!!! Homestay? Investment? Willing to pay 1.7k psf?

Leeds
09-04-12, 02:20
Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable. Are there buyers out there wanting to support their inflated bid? Looks like there are.

fclim
09-04-12, 08:17

Oh, iconic it will be. I wonder what our taxi uncles will call it? "lau tui condo" as in steps condo?

Lovelle
09-04-12, 08:53
so many negatives comments here.... this is a real challenge for capland to sell this property.

capland doesnt launch that many property in a year. they put a lot of effort on this ,, esp at this time

Laguna
09-04-12, 08:54
the iconic design, IMHO, is not practical
1. the sky terrace is going to be very very hot as it is not covered
2. the balcony is odd shape, cannot even put a proper outdoor set
3. the balcony is not glass panel, when u sit down, there is no good view

At this price for this location, avoid

amk
09-04-12, 09:10
Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable.

Actually CAPL can make decent profit at 1500 - 1600 psf already. No need to go so high.

I still think the high figures are for headlines and the buzz. Probably highest floor 1 2bds. The rest will have rebates, discounts, vouchers, etc.

rymccondo77
09-04-12, 09:16
Despite the high prices (and the weaknesses of the condo - e.g. balcony shape, unit layout), think the smaller sized units will sell well.

Could be the bigger units that will be more difficult to sell due to the high quantums, unless there are good discounts to be given.

ay123
09-04-12, 09:30
Unfortunately, Capitaland paid $100m more than the second highest bidder for the land and now they have to sell at this price to be profitable. Are there buyers out there wanting to support their inflated bid? Looks like there are.

liew is really stupid to pay such price. serve him right if it don sell well. probably is time to step down

flagship74
09-04-12, 09:43
!!!!!! Homestay? Investment? Willing to pay 1.7k psf?

Of course..y not?:D

kane
09-04-12, 09:50
so many negatives comments here.... this is a real challenge for capland to sell this property.

capland doesnt launch that many property in a year. they put a lot of effort on this ,, esp at this time

There are a lot of rational investors in this forum and it's not reflective of the general market. Look what happened with Watertown.

kane
09-04-12, 09:52
Between interlace and this, I think this design is better.

Ringo33
09-04-12, 09:57
liew is really stupid to pay such price. serve him right if it don sell well. probably is time to step down

Capitaland is sitting on huge pile of cash, whether this sell or not is doesnt matter to Mun Leong. He is like a emperor building all these iconic projects make himself feel good.

chiaberry
09-04-12, 09:58
Between interlace and this, I think this design is better.

This location is better than Interlace.

phantom_opera
09-04-12, 09:58
1700psf into 600sqft is 1 million ... at this quantum many other alternatives can be considered

I think history will repeat itself, Bishan 8 @ 1100psf, Sky Habitat @ 1,700psf

testtest
09-04-12, 10:10
i think what will happen is they will launch at 1500-1600 psf and it will be a sell out...:2cents:

insigina
09-04-12, 10:21
i think what will happen is they will launch at 1500-1600 psf and it will be a sell out...:2cents:

It is not likely for anyone to pay 1500 psf for low floors (below 10). It probably need to be 1400 - 1450 psf max for 3 bedder and under. Its even more unlikely at 1500 psf for 4 bedder. The quantum would be over $2.6 mil:scared-3:

Wild Falcon
09-04-12, 10:24
Bishan 8 owners bought the place 14 years ago at 1100psf. Up till today, lease is running down, the owners hardly breakeven. I believe this is the ONLY condo in SG hasn't broken even after so long. And considering the lease has run down 15%, its only downhill from here.

So I'm not surprised if the next "history" is going to repeat at Sky Habitat. Buyers buy at 1800psf, maybe 14 years later still 1800psf. Or worse still, considering lease depreciation for a 99LH property, the probability of it being worth less is quite high.

Or perhaps the Bishan 8 owners decide to "rebalance" their portfolio and switch to SkyHabitat instead. Same bunch of people may have same mentality....Buy high and hope to sell higher.

1700psf into 600sqft is 1 million ... at this quantum many other alternatives can be considered

I think history will repeat itself, Bishan 8 @ 1100psf, Sky Habitat @ 1,700psf

kane
09-04-12, 10:56
If correction comes, i wait to buy over from subsale at 1000psf. Heh.

lufu
09-04-12, 11:07
If correction comes, i wait to buy over from subsale at 1000psf. Heh.

EC support level at $750 psf and mature estate HDB at $500 psf it will be difficult to see $1000 psf for sky habitat. I will buy without hesitant if it's $1000 psf. haha...

kane
09-04-12, 11:11
1000psf is 2x hdb and 250psf higher than EC. That sounds fairly reasonable in a economy under stress.

dh13660
09-04-12, 21:54
Any chance of Bishan8 getting enbloc now that SH has taken over its mantle? :p

1100 psft looks real cheap now

mantrix
09-04-12, 22:07
EC support level at $750 psf and mature estate HDB at $500 psf it will be difficult to see $1000 psf for sky habitat. I will buy without hesitant if it's $1000 psf. haha...

dun forget Centro Residences @ AMK hovering at 1500psf+...and those are for 2 bedders...

if SH launched at same psf for 2 bedders then they will be a better buy IMO

testtest
09-04-12, 22:22
It is not likely for anyone to pay 1500 psf for low floors (below 10). It probably need to be 1400 - 1450 psf max for 3 bedder and under. Its even more unlikely at 1500 psf for 4 bedder. The quantum would be over $2.6 mil:scared-3:

Let's see....never know how deep people pockets are nowadays :2cents:

insigina
09-04-12, 22:29
Let's see....never know how deep people pockets are nowadays :2cents:

Discounts just released.

3% early bird (Sat & Sun)
1% neighbouthood
1% return customer
1% multiple purchase (2 units and above).

So max discount is 6%. Those hoping for 15+10+3+ etc...forget it.

kane
09-04-12, 22:51
Discounts just released.

1% neighbouthood
1% return customer

that's not a lot, let see how the response is this weekend.

amk
09-04-12, 22:55
Hey 1700 6% off is exactly 1600 psf. ;)

hyenergix
09-04-12, 22:56
To qualify for 1% more discount, the condition is to wear this attire to the showroom:
http://jessicachivers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/miley-cyrus-carrot-top.jpg

kane
09-04-12, 22:58
To qualify for 1% more discount, the condition is to wear this attire to the showroom:
http://jessicachivers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/miley-cyrus-carrot-top.jpg

for self admission, maybe you're entitled to extra absd absorption.

lufu
09-04-12, 23:11
for self admission, maybe you're entitled to extra absd absorption.

Or anyone named Robert could also get extra discount. :D
(no disrespect to any genuine Robert)

Rosy
09-04-12, 23:24
Discounts just released.

1% neighbouthood
1% return customer

i was told prices start from 1500psf.

Congrats to homeowners in the vicinity.

kane
09-04-12, 23:50
how bishan estate could be smiling.

amk
10-04-12, 09:55
i was told prices start from 1500psf.

really 1500 ? goodie... a lot of interest at this level I think...

Wild Falcon
10-04-12, 10:02
Purposely leak to newspapers its 1700 or 1800psf and most expensive suburban condo EVER for months. Now if 1500psf malu leh. Anyway, maybe marketing strategy lah. At first tell pple its supposed to be 1800psf, now "discounted" to 1600psf and people will bite. Nowadays Capitaland chut the most pattern when it comes to property launch. Even their overzealous agents also get in trouble for indiscriminate display of banners etc. Pattern more than badminton.

Marketing tagline: Be the one who buy the most expensive suburban condo EVER? 99LH.....

insigina
10-04-12, 10:14
Purposely leak to newspapers its 1700 or 1800psf and most expensive suburban condo EVER for months. Now if 1500psf malu leh. Anyway, maybe marketing strategy lah. At first tell pple its supposed to be 1800psf, now "discounted" to 1600psf and people will bite. Nowadays Capitaland chut the most pattern when it comes to property launch. Even their overzealous agents also get in trouble for indiscriminate display of banners etc. Pattern more than badminton.

Marketing tagline: Be the one who buy the most expensive suburban condo EVER? 99LH.....

Although leaked to papers, they also have many patterns to skirt it...early bird, average, median, high floor, smallest units, the list goes on.

DaytonaSS
10-04-12, 11:34
very interesting to see the interest at $1400-$1500 psf range since Bedok residence was selling very well at $1200-$1400 range. The convenience factor is highly valued in today's environment.

If it sells well, it confirms my opinion that development in area ard 500m of MRT will continue to command a super premium. As COE and oil prices continue to intensifies, this premium will only continue to hold or expand.

With tons of units flooding the market in the next 3 years, it important to identify the gems so its values will hold in good or bad times.

clearly Bishan 8 prices are on the climb since feb 2011 from average 979 psf to $1265 psf for 1163 sqft unit in 1 year. So this SH is bring some happiness to condo owners area the area.

Btw if you check the original developer, WF is SPOT on. its coincides with my observation FEO development are priced 10 years in advance. So launch at 2000, now 2012. The FEO property owners finally can start to see some profits all thanks to SH.

Bishan condo owners must be looking damn happy now

august
10-04-12, 11:50

dont blame capitaland, they leave the marketing to the marketing agent lah.

kane
10-04-12, 12:18
Still the forum here more chun on the pricing. 1700psf was just unbelieveable.

lufu
10-04-12, 22:25
Just before their launch on the 14th, market is in a sea of red.
Would be interesting to see the response this Saturday :D :D :D

ecimbew
10-04-12, 22:31
??!!??!!!!!

http://www.propwise.sg/wp-content/uploads/figure21.jpg

Source (http://www.propwise.sg/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-correction/)

azeoprop
10-04-12, 22:33
Another Bishan 8 in the making? :tsk-tsk:

lufu
10-04-12, 22:50

In earlier decline, it was a direct result of external factors like
Asian Crisis, Dotcom Bubble, Sept 11, SARS, IRAQ War, Global Financial Crisis

this time round the decline is caused by 5 rounds of cooling measures unlike earlier declines.

5 rounds of cooling measures, removal of FIS, removal of condo strata house
+ abundant global liquidity
+ easing monetary policy
+ deliberately keeping interest rates low

property is now a high stake bet... unlike anything we have seen before.

fclim
10-04-12, 22:54
its coincides with my observation FEO development are priced 10 years in advance. So launch at 2000, now 2012. The FEO property owners finally can start to see some profits all thanks to SH.
Bishan condo owners must be looking damn happy now

Dun think so. Nobody, including our gahmen could have predicted the current bull run 10 years ago. Otherwise, no need for CMs liao.. Had it not been for the sudden influx of immigrants, low interest rates, huge liquidity, the current bull run would not have happened.

FEO could not have predicted 911, SARS, Lehman crisis and subsequently QEs 1 and 2.

DaytonaSS
11-04-12, 01:16
Dun think so. Nobody, including our gahmen could have predicted the current bull run 10 years ago. Otherwise, no need for CMs liao.. Had it not been for the sudden influx of immigrants, low interest rates, huge liquidity, the current bull run would not have happened.

FEO could not have predicted 911, SARS, Lehman crisis and subsequently QEs 1 and 2.

Future pricing= very expensive in current day market , means buyer very hard to make $$$ in the near future. Not can predict the future. Y FEO want to predict for what..... Its the buyer buy Liao predict near future chong. That's y season players say resale more value. I only quote FEO as they set top price in most areas they r in, except bishan now.........

flagship74
11-04-12, 08:42
i think SH can buy..buy call from me:D

phantom_opera
11-04-12, 09:02
http://www.singaporeskyhabitat.com/

http://www.singaporeskyhabitat.com/xmzs/video/

insigina
11-04-12, 09:20
http://www.singaporeskyhabitat.com/

http://www.singaporeskyhabitat.com/xmzs/video/

They did something like this for D'Leedon too. We all know what happened. Will history repeat itself?

carbuncle
11-04-12, 12:07
Capitaland is sitting on huge pile of cash, whether this sell or not is doesnt matter to Mun Leong. He is like a emperor building all these iconic projects make himself feel good.
I also suspect reeks of egotism what with all the brand name architects just for bragging rights but not really practical.... Eg Interlace will have units forever in the shade and SH balconies have no privacy can get things thrown in easily from higher floor balcony plus totally exposed to elements sun wind rain dust rubbish

carbuncle
11-04-12, 12:12
??!!??!!!!!

http://www.propwise.sg/wp-content/uploads/figure21.jpg

Source (http://www.propwise.sg/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-correction/)
Any primary school kid can tell us next in the progression is gradual decline / flat.... Dont need rocket scientist nor ANALyst

lufu
11-04-12, 19:26
Any primary school kid can tell us next in the progression is gradual decline / flat.... Dont need rocket scientist nor ANALyst

did the school kid also tell you

the circled potion in 97 was caused by Asian Crisis.
The Gradual Decline was caused by Dot Com Bubble, Sept 11, SARS, IRAQ War and maybe the biggest Tsunami in Asia.

The circled potion in 2008 by Global Financial Crisis
Lastly, the decline in 2011 from the 5 rounds of cooling measures.

Now we're at a point where America has been printing money (QE1) and now Euro also started (QE2). Inflation is a major issue in every country.

What's next? We'll come back to this thread 5 years later. :D :D :D

lufu
11-04-12, 19:48
Wait for this plot next to Sky Habitat

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/Bishan%20Street%2014%20-%20Aerial%20Photo/$file/Bishan+S11a+-+Aerial+Photo+(16+Aug+11).jpg

Slightly closer to the MRT :D

ikan bilis
11-04-12, 20:22
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.334407289946376.82296.327492490637856&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=334408189946286&set=a.334407289946376.82296.327492490637856&type=3&theater

ecimbew
11-04-12, 21:13
Next to a m...

lufu
11-04-12, 21:20
Next to a m...

During Ramadan month, there are very audible early morning prayers DAILY
:)

and I believe every Friday?

Maybe people who live in Sky Habitat and the new plot next to it don't really mind.

minority
11-04-12, 21:21
I dont think at this current pricing of 1500psf there is much near term upside for the buyers... maybe break even in 10yrs time?

price
11-04-12, 22:14
During Ramadan month, there are very audible early morning prayers DAILY
:)

and I believe every Friday?

Maybe people who live in Sky Habitat and the new plot next to it don't really mind.

buy the top floor lor. at 30+ level high i doubt u can hear anything?

flagship74
11-04-12, 22:38

i doubt so leh..:rolleyes:

lufu
11-04-12, 23:54

you'll be very surprise. I have one which is at least 2 kms away from my house and I could hear it in the early morning like 4-5am during Ramadan because it was completely quiet without traffic and unobstructed but of course my own fault to have woken up at 4am in the early morning. :rolleyes:

Maybe it might not be the case for this one near Sky Habitat. I don't know.

Overall it's still a nice look iconic building. :cheers5:
a landmark in a heartland

Lovelle
12-04-12, 07:57
I also suspect reeks of egotism what with all the brand name architects just for bragging rights but not really practical.... Eg Interlace will have units forever in the shade and SH balconies have no privacy can get things thrown in easily from higher floor balcony plus totally exposed to elements sun wind rain dust rubbish

i hv a unit with balcony, didn't get any rubbish leh. Stay there a while, your neighbour know you also "chee tong" la

mantrix
12-04-12, 08:09

noise travels upwards, well known fact :)

Lovelle
12-04-12, 08:19
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/f/3/7/d/f37d8a19461241_1_V235.jpg With their strategic location next to MRT stations, CapitaLand’s Sky Habitat (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/sky-habitat-21158) and UOL’s Katong Regency (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/katong-regency-21220) are expected to attract relatively strong interest from buyers during their respective launches.

According to DBS, pre-marketing for both developments showed that “indicative interest is relatively decent.”

Sky Habitat, near Bishan MRT station and Junction 8, has 509 units, of which about 42 percent are one- to two- bedders of 635 sq ft to 1,453 sq ft, while 43 percent are three-bedders starting from 1,216 sq ft each.

Meanwhile, Katong Regency by UOL is a mixed residential and retail development near the former Lion City Hotel site, which is expected to have its soft launch within the next two weeks.

The development comprises 244 units — 59 percent are one-bedroom units while 24 percent are two-bedders, ranging from 549 sq ft to 1,238 sq ft in size.

“Given the convenience of the location five minutes from MRT station and lack of supply of such products in the vicinity, we expect investment take up to be strong for this project,” noted DBS.

Strong investment demand for these projects is expected, as “investment appetite for physical property continues to be relatively robust,” backed by the low interest rate environment.

kane
12-04-12, 08:24
So many people doing free publicity for them.

teddybear
12-04-12, 12:47
"Well known fact"? :doh:
Noise travels in all direction, not only upwards!

This is the only Well known and proven fact: The further you are from the noise, the softer it will be due to energy attenuation (assuming no obstruction). That is to say, if you live on 30th level, obviously the noise will be softer than living on the 5th level. :tsk-tsk:

noise travels upwards, well known fact :)

carbuncle
12-04-12, 14:23
Next to a m...
which incidentally has nice logo cutout design wow

carbuncle
12-04-12, 14:26
did the school kid also tell you

the circled potion in 97 was caused by Asian Crisis.
The Gradual Decline was caused by Dot Com Bubble, Sept 11, SARS, IRAQ War and maybe the biggest Tsunami in Asia.

The circled potion in 2008 by Global Financial Crisis
Lastly, the decline in 2011 from the 5 rounds of cooling measures.

Now we're at a point where America has been printing money (QE1) and now Euro also started (QE2). Inflation is a major issue in every country.

What's next? We'll come back to this thread 5 years later. :D :D :D
this small kid only can conclude that fin crisis=big dip=lucky dip

Noexit
12-04-12, 16:14
Whatever it is, space in SG is still a problem as there limitation everywhere. Either building higher in future but how high can it go or selling at higher price for ppls to bid just like COE, that what our govt is good n think of, the higher the price to control the situation but never think of the rest.

this small kid only can conclude that fin crisis=big dip=lucky dip

amk
12-04-12, 16:29
173 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/) Bishan St 13 16 to 20 150.00 Maisonette 1987 $900,000.00 Mar 2012

and this is not even near the MRT

lufu
12-04-12, 18:10
173 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/) Bishan St 13 16 to 20 150.00 Maisonette 1987 $900,000.00 Mar 2012

and this is not even near the MRT

1614 ft which makes it $557 psf for a 1987 HDB?

Would pay another $1000 psf more for Sky Habitat :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D :D :D

yjcai
12-04-12, 20:00
Got the skyhabitat commercial or radio song? Just like euhabitat, so addictive. I can no longer ignore it anymore

Mr.Keh
12-04-12, 20:20

I share the same view as you. At $1700 psf for a 99 years lease-hold that is not in town, its a suicide bet in my opinion.

Firstly, rental yield will be a joke! Secondly, is it really reasonable to expect that an owner can flip his bishan condo at $2k psf once the project T.o.P? My guess is not.

kane
12-04-12, 21:17
It is because seemingly "overvalued" exist, then thereby creating the impression of undervalued properties and provide the catalyst for such properties to appreciate. Being a home owner, i am grateful to sky habitat for demonstrating how much excess liquidity there is in the system.

DC33_2008
12-04-12, 21:21
Wonder how many cheques are collected for this project. History is repeating itself on the nearby site.:doh:

insigina
12-04-12, 21:56
I believe many do not mind paying a premium for this development. The question is how much. No thanks to the media, the price 1700 psf has been planted in the market. This sum is firmly in D11 territory. This weekend will be interesting.

hyenergix
12-04-12, 21:57
I believe many do not mind paying a premium for this development. The question is how much. No thanks to the media, the price 1700 psf has been planted in the market. This sum is firmly in D11 territory. This weekend will be interesting.

Just redraw D11 boundary.

lufu
12-04-12, 22:01
Just redraw D11 boundary.

Bishan is RCR.

The boundary just need to change a little and Bishan can be classified as CCR already. :scared-5:

CCR at this price? Very cheap. :D :D :D

insigina
12-04-12, 22:05
Bishan is RCR.

The boundary just need to change a little and Bishan can be classified as CCR already. :scared-5:

CCR at this price? Very cheap. :D :D :D

The irony is that Bishan may not want to be associated with CCR...looking at the way it is performing in recent months:scared-4:

flagship74
12-04-12, 22:43
It's a gd buy..guys do not miss it or you'll regret..:cheers1:

hyenergix
12-04-12, 22:52
Maybe true. The buying sentiment is back. $1700 psf is cheap 20 years from now.

DC33_2008
12-04-12, 22:56
FH industrial land in city fringe was only $10psf 50 years ago. City fringe FH landed property was only $12psf 40 years ago. Look at the rental yield from these properties.
Maybe true. The buying sentiment is back. $1700 psf is cheap 20 years from now.

Komo
12-04-12, 22:57
1614 ft which makes it $557 psf for a 1987 HDB?

Would pay another $1000 psf more for Sky Habitat :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D :D :D

very good timing for this guy now with $900k in pocket (likely hdb fully paid already)....just get a smaller unit lor at SH, need not top up much ...:D

Poloclub
12-04-12, 23:03
It's a gd buy..guys do not miss it or you'll regret..:cheers1:

how is $1700psf a good buy when its next to a place of worship, an ITE and surrounded by plots of HDB lands which government is going to build HDB, when at the same price you could get something in REAL proven and tested CCR.

DaytonaSS
12-04-12, 23:09
how is $1700psf a good buy when its next to a place of worship, an ITE and surrounded by plots of HDB lands which government is going to build HDB, when at the same price you could get something in REAL proven and tested CCR.

bro, cannot be $1700 one lah.... sure launch max 1400-1500+++ for reasonable sized unit.....

lufu
12-04-12, 23:15

Great buy! Nowhere in any CCR can one find a Sands designer Architectural PC. It's going to be splash all over the world in various magazines and you actually own it.

Can your normal CCR PC appear in magazines on world stage? :D
The last one in Canada Habitat 67 done over 40 years ago can be found in wiki. Can your normal CCR PC be wiki-ed? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_67

Looking at the age of this architect, after he pass on Sky Habitat will be even more priceless. (read Mona Lisa painting) and there are only 2 sky habitats in the entire world

You may not own Habitat 67 in Canada but you can live the dream now in Bishan

It's priceless...Cheques will need to be balloted on Saturday!

(capitaland should hire me :D )

phantom_opera
12-04-12, 23:17
Sometimes rich ppl buy for glamour ... not for investment :D

LV, Lambo, St Regis :cool:

If Reflection last time can average 1900psf, while Sky Habitat can't command 1,700psf ??

Bishan 8 cannot compare lah

lufu
12-04-12, 23:29
Bishan 8 cannot compare lah

Moshe Safdie will feel insulted. That Ugly looking poor quality FEO Bishan 8 compared against his wonderful monument (Sands in Bishan)

:doh:

Habitat 67 is a world-wide acclaim architectural wonder. Sky Habitat is going to be phenomenal beyond description :jump-for-joy: