PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ahead, what other novel developments will be a hit?

Eastboy
22-01-12, 13:51
Within recent years, the following type of developments have proven a hit with buyers:

1) Waterfront living (i.e. longkang, canal, drains, reservoirs, seaview etc)
2) Mix-development (i.e. integrated MRT/Bus interchange/Shopping mall)
3) Soho (i.e. bed hanging above one's kitchen)
4) Dual-key units (i.e keep main family in 4BR, hide mistress in studio)
5) MMs/shoeboxes (i.e. for the cool singles)

And it seems like if a development has all of the above 5 features it's gonna be a sell-out!

Looking ahead, let's have fun and brainstorm what could be the next 'in' features for future developments! Let me start:

1) Caravan Communities: Due to land shortage and high COEs, developers will start selling caravans as big as MMs as a home, yet at the same time it is a vehicle all you need is a carpark lot big enough. Usual shared facilities apply.

2) Floating Homes: Inspired by kelongs, you can find floating homes at the shores of singapore at a fraction of the price of sentosa cove for the mass market.

Any other wacky ideas? LOL!

mcmlxxvi
22-01-12, 14:46
I think for 5) its also includes the 'cooled' investors who kena MIA by Cooling measures...

hyenergix
22-01-12, 14:46
Cage homes:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/07/25/hongkong.coffin.homes/index.html

Mr.Keh
22-01-12, 21:00
Copy Beijing underground homes. If allowed, GFA of land can easily double with developers building 20 storeys into the sky and another 20 into the ground. Perfect!

Another unique selling point could be seamless connectivity to MRT!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/9503901.stm

kane
22-01-12, 21:31
bishan's capitaland project. the showroom looks like it's completed.

jwong71
22-01-12, 21:33
Copy Beijing underground homes. If allowed, GFA of land can easily double with developers building 20 storeys into the sky and another 20 into the ground. Perfect!

Another unique selling point could be seamless connectivity to MRT!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/9503901.stm

singapore kids shld go over and live the life for a month or 2..

let them be glad wf a simple hdb, as a start off..

buttercarp
22-01-12, 21:39
Live in boat.
live in off shore island.
Caravan idea good but where to park caravan, also will COE apply?

kane
22-01-12, 21:47
Live in boat.
live in off shore island.
Caravan idea good but where to park caravan, also will COE apply?

boat good idea, can't have COE in open seas. lol.

azeoprop
22-01-12, 22:13
I think the next big hit will be crappyland's bishan designer condo....if they can match it with aggressive marketing and pricing.

:D

kane
22-01-12, 23:02
I think the next big hit will be crappyland's bishan designer condo....if they can match it with aggressive marketing and pricing.

but their land price is so ex, hard for them to do a watertown whether the cost can be passed on to the commercial side.

CCR
23-01-12, 00:09

Let's see if the can have such good response like feo laumches

samuelk
23-01-12, 12:06
Any new development price at 800 and below will be a sell out

toiletsiao
23-01-12, 12:12
I will be waiting for uol Project at the old lion city site .... Condo intergrated with mall freehold n walkable to mrt ...

reuters
23-01-12, 12:37
We may be at the beginning of this trend, but I strongly feel that the next wave of hot properties will be green homes. And these units will be built as studios (lego style, open concept) but with the option for people to buy multiple units to merge into apartments of whatever rooms they want.

The other type of property that will be popular are the ones that offer multiple living style. Something like EU-Habitat concept.

Eastboy
23-01-12, 16:23
I will be waiting for uol Project at the old lion city site .... Condo intergrated with mall freehold n walkable to mrt ...

think that one at least 1500psf

toiletsiao
23-01-12, 17:46

Wait for official price loh... I think they constructing showroom now .. Lion city hotel torn down Liao...

DC33_2008
24-01-12, 09:28
Small SOHO unit is really hot. More to come in Bishan, Lion City, ...

hopeful
24-01-12, 10:03

City Square Residence cannot be used as benchmark for developments that are FH, next to mall, and walkable to MRT ?