any1 had such condo n sold during downturn
why? more new projects 2 choose

prices shld b lower by 20% /30%?

peterng8
17-01-12, 08:16

are u considering or interested to buy resale at this moment? :o i guess from the way the quesiton is being asked..:o

Rosy
17-01-12, 09:11

if it is a FH status, i generally do not see why older projects will suffer a greater correction during a downturn. Cannot say the same for 99LH

mantrix
17-01-12, 11:45
depends on location, location, location

Regulators
17-01-12, 20:52
My mother's 30+yr old 5-rm hdb flat can sell for $800k, px keep going up, same for my 4rm hdb flat. As for 99yr pc, the ocr one I have has seen capital appreciation of about 20% since I bought in december 2010 & has not seen a drop so far. My rcr and ccr ptys are freehold so out of the discussion.

richie$$$
17-01-12, 21:02
are u considering or interested to buy resale at this moment? :o i guess from the way the quesiton is being asked..:o

No. Old project many problems. Piping water n electric

richie$$$
17-01-12, 21:04
My mother's 30+yr old 5-rm hdb flat can sell for $800k, px keep going up, same for my 4rm hdb flat. As for 99yr pc, the ocr one I have has seen capital appreciation of about 20% since I bought in december 2010 & has not seen a drop so far. My rcr and ccr ptys are freehold so out of the discussion.

U no sell. Try sell now.
Last time any property uncle or grandmother buy oredi appreciated
Talking abt NOW.

richie$$$
17-01-12, 21:08
Everywhere oso got mrt. Wht d diff
Singapore how big? old is old
U want 2 rent new or old? Now which 1 can sell side by side 1 new 1 old
No demand price drop faster

richie$$$
17-01-12, 21:09
if it is a FH status, i generally do not see why older projects will suffer a greater correction during a downturn. Cannot say the same for 99LH

Now toking new n old. Out of topic.

jwong71
17-01-12, 21:52

as well on amenities, accessibilities..

Rosy
18-01-12, 00:10
Now toking new n old. Out of topic.
I am refering to old fh and new fh. Why would a older fh suffer a greater depreciation den new fh ones?

There is already a price difference of 20% generally for new and old properties within the same vicinity.

Regulators
18-01-12, 01:41
my latest ocr pc purchase as mentioned was in 2010 and increased about 20%. The resale hdb and my other condos were bought just 5-6 years ago, not during my grandmother's era.

U no sell. Try sell now.
Last time any property uncle or grandmother buy oredi appreciated
Talking abt NOW.

ysyap
18-01-12, 05:37
my latest ocr pc purchase as mentioned was in 2010 and increased about 20%. The resale hdb and my other condos were bought just 5-6 years ago, not during my grandmother's era.Good that you got a cash cow back... :D

richie$$$
19-01-12, 07:12
I am refering to old fh and new fh. Why would a older fh suffer a greater depreciation den new fh ones?

There is already a price difference of 20% generally for new and old properties within the same vicinity.
Demand......here ppl prefer newer projects.
Old projects hence sharper drop or lesser transactions

richie$$$
19-01-12, 07:14
my latest ocr pc purchase as mentioned was in 2010 and increased about 20%. The resale hdb and my other condos were bought just 5-6 years ago, not during my grandmother's era.
Still hldg? Gd if u cash out
If not Try selling at ur paper gain price.

peterng8
19-01-12, 13:09
No. Old project many problems. Piping water n electric

want to buy must also weigh as many factors as possible besides problem u mentioned...the older it is the more difficult to let go as resale esp LH...

richie$$$
19-01-12, 21:03
1 project east coast .....rhu
Aircon pipe under flr. Change new aircon unit still nt cold
Pipe stuck. Hack whole flr.

Regulators
20-01-12, 07:06
I am buying it to rent, not interested to sell. I do not understand why ppl keep saying a ten year old condo is old when buildings are built to last much longer. Imo, if you can buy a three bedr with more than 80yr remaining at $8xxk and get 4.5% yield, it is a great deal. After paying off your unit fully from rental income after a period of time, the remaining 50-60 years remaining on the lease is yours for free. You can continue renting to collect passive income or when the place goes en bloc, you stand to gain a tidy sum. Fh or 99yr, the investment concept is different. 99yr condos are usually situated in locations with more amenities and fetching better rental returns with lower capital outlay. Compare regent heights 3 bedr and hillington green 3 bedr, both fetching same rental of $3k plus, but hillington 3 bedr going for $1.3 million while regent heights only for $8xxk - $9xxk in this market. The extra that you fork out for 999yr and fh in hillview actually brings you back to square one. I personally would save the extra $300-400k and put a down payment on another property than tie it up in a single property in hillview. With my mixed portfolio of fh n lh ptys n hdb, I am doing fine so far. I never believe in stretching too much in a single pty and I think it is really stupid to do that. I am the sort of investor that would split up $2 million to buy two to three ptys then dump all that money in one pty.
Still hldg? Gd if u cash out
If not Try selling at ur paper gain price.

Komo
20-01-12, 20:31
I am buying it to rent, not interested to sell. I do not understand why ppl keep saying a ten year old condo is old when buildings are built to last much longer. Imo, if you can buy a three bedr with more than 80yr remaining at $8xxk and get 4.5% yield, it is a great deal. After paying off your unit fully from rental income after a period of time, the remaining 50-60 years remaining on the lease is yours for free. You can continue renting to collect passive income or when the place goes en bloc, you stand to gain a tidy sum. Fh or 99yr, the investment concept is different. 99yr condos are usually situated in locations with more amenities and fetching better rental returns with lower capital outlay. Compare regent heights 3 bedr and hillington green 3 bedr, both fetching same rental of $3k plus, but hillington 3 bedr going for $1.3 million while regent heights only for $8xxk - $9xxk in this market. The extra that you fork out for 999yr and fh in hillview actually brings you back to square one. I personally would save the extra $300-400k and put a down payment on another property than tie it up in a single property in hillview. With my mixed portfolio of fh n lh ptys n hdb, I am doing fine so far. I never believe in stretching too much in a single pty and I think it is really stupid to do that. I am the sort of investor that would split up $2 million to buy two to three ptys then dump all that money in one pty.

me same strategy...though i sell too when the offer price is too good to resist:D

richie$$$
20-01-12, 22:27
during downturn when rent is down..price will down faster steeper.
buying older condo...more maintenance like car. how often 1 change car
sinking funds used to paint..older condo..owner like u all rent out..place tenants boh chap abt conditions..older condo less owner stay less noises to mgmt comm...less maintenance

teddybear
20-01-12, 23:20
That is why must buy old better mah, so much cheaper and won't heart-ache when tenant spoilt your thing since already old... :p
Buy new to rent to tenant? Siao ah?! :banghead:

during downturn when rent is down..price will down faster steeper.
buying older condo...more maintenance like car. how often 1 change car
sinking funds used to paint..older condo..owner like u all rent out..place tenants boh chap abt conditions..older condo less owner stay less noises to mgmt comm...less maintenance

richie$$$
21-01-12, 20:00
How 2 b player if can't hv heart 2 rent new condo n scare ppl damage
Wtf
M talking abt downturn prices drop faster steeper 4 older condos