http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/BartleyLHS/MA/BleyLHS-intro(T).html

azeoprop
16-01-12, 12:12
More artist's impressions here:

http://www.bartleyresidences.com/Photos___Floorplan.html

:D

Some history of the bodhi tree and temple:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Long_Si_Temple

Maybe devotees will buy up all the units facing the tree and convert them into the new temple. :p

mcmlxxvi
16-01-12, 13:02
702 units? Aiyo... So congested. Peace no more in Bartley/How Sun...

ysyap
16-01-12, 13:19
This is a priced land... like Kovan Residence where MRT is right at doorstep, even nearer than 8@W but no shopping complex nearby, only schools. But MRT is on circle line which might just be that little bit more convenient for some people. :D

fclim
16-01-12, 13:34
The main entrance to this project by car appears to be from Lor How Sun, not Bartley Road. Lor How Sun is a very small road - one lane each way, with cars parked at the roadside from those landed houses. Not sure how it can accommodate 700+ residents.

Cul-de-Sac location implies poor fengshui? But, what the heck, next to MRT, anything oso can.

ysyap
16-01-12, 13:39
The main entrance to this project by car appears to be from Lor How Sun, not Bartley Road. Lor How Sun is a very small road - one lane each way, with cars parked at the roadside from those landed houses. Not sure how it can accommodate 700+ residents.

Cul-de-Sac location implies poor fengshui? But, what the heck, next to MRT, anything oso can.Why entrance is from How Sun? There is a stretch that runs along Bartley Road?

fclim
16-01-12, 14:18
Why entrance is from How Sun? There is a stretch that runs along Bartley Road?

There is a requirement for road buffers and building setbacks. Bartley Road is likely to be a Category 2 road which requires a buffer of at least 15m from the main entrance for a residential building 6 storeys or higher. If it is Category 1, the buffer is 30m.

Thus, locating the entrance at Bartley road would mean having to squeeze the blocks inwards and affect the overall ambience of the development. Maybe, less units can be built and less $$$ for the developer.

ysyap
16-01-12, 14:30
There is a requirement for road buffers and building setbacks. Bartley Road is likely to be a Category 2 road which requires a buffer of at least 15m from the main entrance for a residential building 6 storeys or higher. If it is Category 1, the buffer is 30m.

Thus, locating the entrance at Bartley road would mean having to squeeze the blocks inwards and affect the overall ambience of the development. Maybe, less units can be built and less $$$ for the developer.Ok... thx for clarifying... :cheers1:

Tripp
16-01-12, 15:06
Buffer Requirements Along Roads (Page 2)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbnr/ataglance-dchbnr.pdf

Bartley Road is a Category 2 road, while Lorong How Sun is a Category 4 road.

Worsty
16-01-12, 15:08
Tripp,

Interested in this development?

Tripp
16-01-12, 15:17
Tripp,

Interested in this development?

Hee... Don't tempt me leh...

Showroom structure has been completed, they are furnishing the showroom now.

Interesting, there is a "protected" Bodhi Tree in its compound. Note the odd alignment among the different blocks.

http://www.bartleyresidences.com/images/5885c5c5036b8a1d31d7e1d9de6c42aa_tzet.jpg

Worsty
16-01-12, 15:28
Yeah, read about the wiki entry. I think i've been there to pray when i was a kid for my Pri school exams....

Could the quantum possibly be lower than since the units are smaller? Just as long as it's not crazy psf like BR. Can also look at the Bedok South Ave 3 one in the coming months.

ysyap
16-01-12, 15:58

Interesting, there is a "protected" Bodhi Tree in its compound. Note the odd alignment among the different blocks.

http://www.bartleyresidences.com/images/5885c5c5036b8a1d31d7e1d9de6c42aa_tzet.jpgATT also has 'protected' stuff within the compound... more of such lands released by govt... Hmmm.... testing creativity of developers... ;)

mantrix
16-01-12, 16:45
This is a priced land... like Kovan Residence where MRT is right at doorstep, even nearer than 8@W but no shopping complex nearby, only schools. But MRT is on circle line which might just be that little bit more convenient for some people. :D

yucks i dun like circle line....usually need to change lines

only good thing is you can go direct to MBS :D

bargain hunter
16-01-12, 18:37
the centre of the project where 3 blocks are at their nearest to each other looks scary. jackie chan can prob jump from one balcony to another there. :)

http://www.bartleyresidences.com/images/5885c5c5036b8a1d31d7e1d9de6c42aa_tzet.jpg

ysyap
16-01-12, 19:57
the centre of the project where 3 blocks are at their nearest to each other looks scary. jackie chan can prob jump from one balcony to another there. :)Yeah... 10 years ago lah... now he's already in his 50s, better don't try something like that... :o

ecimbew
16-01-12, 20:40
Mount Vernon Crematorium, SPCA, more temples, Maris Stella, Cedar Girls, Bartley Mrt, Mount Vernon Gurkha camp

Nice combo

ecimbew
16-01-12, 20:52
This plot of land is on a slope. The surrounding has low rise buildings.

pineapple
16-01-12, 21:17
looks interesting. what is the estimated psf for this ? 1.2k+ ?

mcmlxxvi
16-01-12, 21:43
looks interesting. what is the estimated psf for this ? 1.2k+ ?

Lemme guess... 1300psf?

Eastboy
16-01-12, 23:32
At least 1200psf. Anyway why does the design look like a HDB to me

ysyap
17-01-12, 06:47
I think the break even cost is about $1k psf or $1.1k psf. Suspect it'll be about $1.3k psf. Will this be the Hillier of the north east? :rolleyes:

mantrix
17-01-12, 07:41
700+ units in a relatively ulu location...
not freehold, no malls, no redeeming factor apart from walking distance to MRT (circle line some more)

If there is no MRT my guess this should sell for around 950psf. :2cents:

testtest
17-01-12, 07:53
At least 1200psf. Anyway why does the design look like a HDB to me

no, some hdb look better :doh:

hyenergix
17-01-12, 10:51
I think the break even cost is about $1k psf or $1.1k psf. Suspect it'll be about $1.3k psf. Will this be the Hillier of the north east? :rolleyes:

I think it will be closer to $1200 psf for 2 bedders.

http://www.propwise.sg/are-we-talking-up-the-market/

GForce
17-01-12, 11:27
Too near to mt Vernon n no amenities, I wouldn't touch this project !

testtest
17-01-12, 11:45
how is this as compared to oasis garden? OG is FH, abt 900+ psf

Rosy
17-01-12, 11:48
how is this as compared to oasis garden? OG is FH, abt 900+ psf

FH and cheaper by 15-20% is definitely a better buy:2cents:

mcmlxxvi
17-01-12, 12:09
Overpriced, Lacklustre design, overcrowded. Wait for next launch opposite if you really DIG the area (pun intended).

ysyap
17-01-12, 14:26
how is this as compared to oasis garden? OG is FH, abt 900+ psfRead about the finishings in OG to be quite lousy... furthermore its not near MRT station at all, between two stations but not near. Well, if you like quietness, OG is a decent choice! :rolleyes:

azeoprop
17-01-12, 15:19
Is there any coffeeshop or supermarket within walking distance of this place? :beats-me-man:

fclim
17-01-12, 15:30
700+ units in a relatively ulu location...
not freehold, no malls, no redeeming factor apart from walking distance to MRT (circle line some more)

If there is no MRT my guess this should sell for around 950psf. :2cents:

RCR considered ulu meh? Based on your definition, if not near malls considered ulu, then 99% of all condos in Singapore are considered ulu. Watertown and ATT must be a better buy than this one. The Arte is very ulu oso.

fclim
17-01-12, 15:34
Is there any coffeeshop or supermarket within walking distance of this place? :beats-me-man:

Coffeshops along Upp Paya Lebar road/Little Road. Or just down the road at Golden Gate where the Geylang Prawn noodle is located.

ysyap
17-01-12, 20:24
Is there any coffeeshop or supermarket within walking distance of this place? :beats-me-man:There's a minimart (not supermarket) behind How Sun estate where the row of shop houses along Upp Paya Lebar Road is located.

mantrix
17-01-12, 21:04
RCR considered ulu meh? Based on your definition, if not near malls considered ulu, then 99% of all condos in Singapore are considered ulu. Watertown and ATT must be a better buy than this one. The Arte is very ulu oso.

you vested ar? You seem to know the place well.

We all define ulu differently. To me ulu is a place that is not adequately urbanized, ie no amenities in close proximity and lesser human traffic.

fclim
17-01-12, 23:58
you vested ar? You seem to know the place well.

We all define ulu differently. To me ulu is a place that is not adequately urbanized, ie no amenities in close proximity and lesser human traffic.

No lah. Only fools buy now, according to one Beh Sick fella...:)

azeoprop
22-01-12, 06:58
Site plan is here:

http://www.bartleyresidences.info/site-and-floor-plans.html

Strangely, it comes with minimum water features. Looks like only 1 main pool and thats it.

:beats-me-man:

hyenergix
22-01-12, 07:17
Site plan is here:

Strangely, it comes with minimum water features. Looks like only 1 main pool and thats it.

ECs are better designed than this... it looks bad - HDB-like and crowded. At least HDBs have amenities nearby.

mcmlxxvi
22-01-12, 10:31
Site plan is here:

What a joke. Trash collector can access from main road but residence must go round from how sun.

Jonathan0503
22-01-12, 11:09
1 tennis court for 702 units?:scared-1:

And they are not just small units mind you

kal
22-01-12, 13:29
1 tennis court for 702 units?:scared-1:

And they are not just small units mind you

Wat so shock abt it ?? MInton with 1100+ units also one tennis court !

Eastboy
22-01-12, 13:29
a lot of ghosts when i studied in maris stella pri last time....*shudders*

ysyap
22-01-12, 13:48
With all the seemingly unfavorable factors pointed out by forummers here, I suspect this project will still be selling like hotcakes... Singaporeans are that strange... :D I personally think that the location is ok coz of MRT but other amenities are desperately lacking. The nearest eating place is probably 8 mins walk away...

Eastboy
22-01-12, 13:57
With all the seemingly unfavorable factors pointed out by forummers here, I suspect this project will still be selling like hotcakes... Singaporeans are that strange... :D I personally think that the location is ok coz of MRT but other amenities are desperately lacking. The nearest eating place is probably 8 mins walk away...

yup it will be a SELL-OUT. any devt next to circle line + proximity to paya lebar , NEX, lornie rd that links to the west, flyover that links to Tampines....

i will buy!

azeoprop
22-01-12, 14:30
a lot of ghosts when i studied in maris stella pri last time....*shudders*

Buy units facing the sacred bodhi tree for extra protection... :rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
22-01-12, 14:57

Probably only 1% of those prospective buyers read this forum ba... Even so they may just buy still coz right beside mrt and surrounded by private landed.

azeoprop
02-02-12, 18:24
Full floor plan and site plan is out. :D

http://www.bartley-residences.sg/floor_plans.html

phantom_opera
02-02-12, 19:02
the smallest 1br 4xxsqft is like a prisoner unit, I have never seen a worse design than this .... you look out from your hall/MBR, you will see walls on left/right :doh:

azeoprop
02-02-12, 20:53
Wonder if their ground floor units are cheaper than 2nd floor units? They did the same with the gale and scala.

ysyap
03-02-12, 06:52
Buy units facing the sacred bodhi tree for extra protection... :rolleyes:Facing that tree daily may just freak me out after a while... :scared-3:

ysyap
03-02-12, 06:57
Full floor plan and site plan is out. :D

http://www.bartley-residences.sg/floor_plans.htmlIts a pity... each of the bedrooms other than the master bedroom can only house a singles bed... cannot put even 2 kids to share a room... only the penthouse 4 bedder has 2 bigger rooms! :(

august
03-02-12, 08:34
the continuing tale of shrinking condos .....

gn108
03-02-12, 08:44
Consumers want it - developers gives it to us...and rape ...err I mean, reap the benefits.

DC33_2008
03-02-12, 10:37
What is the $psf for 2 bedder? Not a bad place except that there is not much amenities within walking distance.

phantom_opera
03-02-12, 11:05
Nearest decent shopping will be Paya Lebar or NEX which is easily accessible via CCL ... going to to Suntec should only take 20-25mins via CCL

I rather buy 1br 5XXsqft here over WT if similar psf ... Bodhi Tree is good, Buddha achieved enlightenment under a Bodhi Tree

Rosy
03-02-12, 11:06
agents told me indicative 12xx-13xxpsf.

FH Le crescendo better bet?

mcmlxxvi
03-02-12, 11:26
Its a pity... each of the bedrooms other than the master bedroom can only house a singles bed... cannot put even 2 kids to share a room... only the penthouse 4 bedder has 2 bigger rooms! :(
Skyscraper build tall nowadays. Can take a leaf. Double decker bed.

mcmlxxvi
03-02-12, 11:31
Consumers want it - developers gives it to us...and rape ...err I mean, reap the benefits.
Ya la in a smaller house more difficult to run from your raper... I mean reaper...

fclim
03-02-12, 11:42
agents told me indicative 12xx-13xxpsf.

FH Le crescendo better bet?

Le Crescendo is in the direct path of the landing jets at Paya Lebar Airbase. Very unnerving for me.

Bartley Residences should be much higher psf than WT right? It is RCR or at the very edge of RCR.

fclim
03-02-12, 12:15
Nearest decent shopping will be Paya Lebar or NEX which is easily accessible via CCL ... going to to Suntec should only take 20-25mins via CCL

I rather buy 1br 5XXsqft here over WT if similar psf ... Bodhi Tree is good, Buddha achieved enlightenment under a Bodhi Tree

Interestingly, the Bodhi Tree is a conserved tree under the Parks and Trees Act (Cap 216).

Under Section 15(2)(c) of the Act, it says:

(c) to take such other measures as the Commissioner reasonably considers necessary to maintain or conserve the tree or group of trees concerned.

Who is responsible to maintain this tree? I guess it's the Owners who are the occupiers?

If the tree is damaged and has to be removed as a result of poor maintenance or otherwise, who will pay the fine of $50K upon conviction?

azeoprop
03-02-12, 16:31
If the scared bodhi tree die, all residents in the project will be cursed for 18 generations. :D

fclim
03-02-12, 18:17
If the scared bodhi tree die, all residents in the project will be cursed for 18 generations. :D

Whahaha... But, seriously, below are the care requirements of the Bodhi Tree:

Plant your bodhi tree in the sunniest available spot in the garden with rich, free-draining soil. Avoid areas prone to over-saturation. Water young trees as soon as the surface of the soil around their trunks is dry. Do not water bodhi trees if their soil is already wet due to rain. Fertilize every three months, during the warmer months of the year, with granular, slow-release fertilizer.

They are quite hardy and easy to maintain. Some can live up to 3,000 years.

This bodhi tree will outlive the condo. whahaha..

azeoprop
03-02-12, 20:17
"Within its premises, lies a Bodhi tree (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhi_tree) (Ficus religiosa) dating to the late 1880s, which is the oldest of its kind found in Singapore to date. The Bodhi tree shares a symbiotic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiotic) relationship with the temple as its roots are deeply intertwined with the building's foundation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Long_Si_Temple

Hopefully the construction company will be careful not to damage its roots.

:tsk-tsk:

ysyap
03-02-12, 20:22
Its more than just the tree at stake if developer accidentally damage the roots.. think they'll take extra special precaution lah... ;)

fclim
03-02-12, 23:10
Apparently, there is a 70-year old Bodhi tree in the middle of SMU. It was preserved during the construction of SMU. So, maybe it can be done. But, SMU occcupies a much larger area whereas this development is tight.

Construction will be challenging. There are some stacks that will be constructed quite close to the tree. Piling foundation will be challenging. Any soil movement will cause undue stress to the roots. It can also easily topple under strong winds.

Heritage conservation groups may put pressure on the developers to ensure the tree is not damaged in any way. Maybe we worry too much. But, no intention to be vested here. More like kaypoh, kay kiang only. Hehe...

hyenergix
04-02-12, 07:07
The land should not have been sold to a developer. The area should be created as a park with the Bodhi tree for all to enjoy. I pity this tree and others razed down by the developers when the government sold too much land to developers to keep them going and also generate revenue.

insigina
04-02-12, 08:59
Apparently, there is a 70-year old Bodhi tree in the middle of SMU. It was preserved during the construction of SMU. So, maybe it can be done. But, SMU occcupies a much larger area whereas this development is tight.

Construction will be challenging. There are some stacks that will be constructed quite close to the tree. Piling foundation will be challenging. Any soil movement will cause undue stress to the roots. It can also easily topple under strong winds.

Heritage conservation groups may put pressure on the developers to ensure the tree is not damaged in any way. Maybe we worry too much. But, no intention to be vested here. More like kaypoh, kay kiang only. Hehe...

I remember reading in the ST that when SMU was being constructed, 20 - 30 matured trees were carefully transplanted to another location. When construction of SMU was completed, they brought these trees back and planted them back again. Maybe the same will be the case for this site?

mcmlxxvi
04-02-12, 09:18
Its more than just the tree at stake if developer accidentally damage the roots.. think they'll take extra special precaution lah... ;)
TOP delay one year due to challenges keke

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:35
When are they launching these project? I had the brochure in my post box the other day but threw it away.

hyenergix
04-02-12, 16:02
Mid feb. 20% discount.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 16:25
20% off $1300psf? $1kpsf can be quite attractive.
Mid feb. 20% discount.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 17:10
2 bedders at Stacks 8 and 41 are quite good.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/BARTLEYRED.jpg

hyenergix
04-02-12, 17:31
20% off $1300psf? $1kpsf can be quite attractive.

Usu price is inflated to make buyers happy abt e discount. Net cld b still ard $1100psf. No other proj beside mrt to compete with this now, except ec. 2 side gates = less security. No amenities. Not keen.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 17:39
What kind of amenities are you looking for?
Usu price is inflated to make buyers happy abt e discount. Net cld b still ard $1100psf. No other proj beside mrt to compete with this now, except ec. 2 side gates = less security. No amenities. Not keen.

yeo
04-02-12, 18:16
IMO, this is a highly 'safe' project to buy for capital appreciation in the long run. Amenities and a new town will be built at Bidadari eventually. My 2 cents.

azeoprop
04-02-12, 20:14
Yah, I like stack 8. Its the only 2 bedder with proper kitchen and cross ventilation. The rest of the 2 bedders very narrow and dark design.

The only thing strange is the main door tilted at an angle. :doh:

hyenergix
04-02-12, 21:17
What kind of amenities are you looking for?

Things that you find in a typical HDB estate (clinic, convenience stores, barber, stationery shops etc) and coffeeshops (food+drink).

ysyap
05-02-12, 07:05
Walking pass How Sun to Upper Paya Lebar Road, there's a coffeeshop, plus convenience stall plus bicycle shop, plus some others... that is the nearest 'amenities' around. :o

phantom_opera
05-02-12, 07:22
Price shod b same as the scala

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 09:12
It should be a good investment here given its potential and has a relatively good school.
Yah, I like stack 8. Its the only 2 bedder with proper kitchen and cross ventilation. The rest of the 2 bedders very narrow and dark design.

The only thing strange is the main door tilted at an angle. :doh:

ysyap
05-02-12, 11:49
It should be a good investment here given its potential and has a relatively good school.There are more than 1 good school in that area. Within 1 km has Maris Stella, St Gabriel's, Paya Lebar MGPS. Outside 1km has Cedar Girls', Zhonghua Sec and Holy Innocent Primary all within 10 mins drive!

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 12:11
There are more than 1 good school in that area. Within 1 km has Maris Stella, St Gabriel's, Paya Lebar MGPS. Outside 1km has Cedar Girls', Zhonghua Sec and Holy Innocent Primary all within 10 mins drive!What will be the max $psf you will pay for a 2 bedder?

toufu
05-02-12, 13:45
What will be the max $psf you will pay for a 2 bedder?

$1000. No malls... So max $1000 psf for making me take the mrt to NEX.

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 15:22
Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be a range of entertainment amenities such as malls, etc. This is what I call great potential. I will grab if it is less than $1000 psf.
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/MarisStella.png

chanel
05-02-12, 15:37
Bartley area maybe fully developed in say 10-15 years' time, meanwhile paying for $1,000psf is way too ex. Some swear by the MRT advantage which is nearer to the city than North-east areas but realistically how many need to travel to the city on daily basis. The downside is there are absolutely no amenities except some schools plus the surroundings are so quiet and eerie at night.
Pricing down to $800 may attract buyers not otherwise, developers cannot be too greedy when there is so limited upside. My 2 cents thought.

Adva181
05-02-12, 15:42
Bartley area maybe fully developed in say 10-15 years' time, meanwhile paying for $1,000psf is way too ex. Some swear by the MRT advantage which is nearer to the city than North-east areas but realistically how many need to travel to the city on daily basis. The downside is there are absolutely no amenities except some schools plus the surroundings are so quiet and eerie at night.
Pricing down to $800 may attract buyers not otherwise, developers cannot be too greedy when there is so limited upside. My 2 cents thought.

Aiyo, HL bidded 620psf ppr how to sell at 800psf?
Should breakeven around 900+psf.

phantom_opera
05-02-12, 15:49
Below 1000psf is a dream only

ulrich76
05-02-12, 16:09
Aiyo, HL bidded 620psf ppr how to sell at 800psf?
Should breakeven around 900+psf.

620psf ppr at least sell at 1200psf for mid flr 2br

pineapple
05-02-12, 16:13
Below 1000psf is a dream only

Ya.. Tot indicative psf is much higher...

chanel
05-02-12, 16:47
Ya.. Tot indicative psf is much higher...

They target to sell from $1,100psf but the question is will ppl bite? If so, then the property market is heating up cos ppl are buying for the sake of following the tandem, to them price is not an issue "just buy worry later" mentality. Maybe HDB not building fast enough to cater for locals.

azeoprop
05-02-12, 17:08
Indicative price from agent:

1 br = 609k
2 br = 964k
2+s = 1043k
3 br = 1199k
3+s = 1384k
4 br = 1648k

:scared-1: :scared-4: :doh:

chanel
05-02-12, 17:20

1 br = 609k
2 br = 964k
2+s = 1043k
3 br = 1199k
3+s = 1384k
4 br = 1648k

Unbelievable, it's more expensive than WT VVpreview prices.
Supposed the prices quoted is before discount.

Lovelle
05-02-12, 17:25

1 br = 609k
2 br = 964k
2+s = 1043k
3 br = 1199k
3+s = 1384k
4 br = 1648k

bro, bartley is a good area la...

cannot compare to inflated area like WT@Punggol..

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 18:23
Does it include 18% discount? Seems to be around $1000psf for the 2 bedder. This is in the landed property area.

1 br = 609k
2 br = 964k
2+s = 1043k
3 br = 1199k
3+s = 1384k
4 br = 1648k

graveyard
05-02-12, 22:49
Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be a range of entertainment amenities such as malls, etc. This is what I call great potential. I will grab if it is less than $1000 psf.

Hi, i am missing this. cant find any info online - can you post some links on this?Am vested somewhere near so keen to know the development masterplan

chanel
06-02-12, 08:54
Hi, i am missing this. cant find any info online - can you post some links on this?Am vested somewhere near so keen to know the development masterplan

http://bartleyresidencescondo.net/project-details/

ysyap
06-02-12, 09:40

1 br = 609k
2 br = 964k
2+s = 1043k
3 br = 1199k
3+s = 1384k
4 br = 1648k

:scared-1: :scared-4: :doh:$1.6mil for a 4 bedders.. think the 99y LH landed units are going for bewteen $1.8mil to $2mil and those come with parking lots, no maintenance fee plus much larger spaces, minus gym and swimming pools. And can have immediate move-in... :cheers6: Or the FH condos nearby also going for about $1.5 to $1.6mil for a 3 bedder. Hmmm... What is your preference?

phantom_opera
06-02-12, 10:11
the 609k 1br is only 4XXsqft ... the design is terrible, like a prison cell sandwiched left / right

mcmlxxvi
06-02-12, 11:21
plus name of project reminds of barley ... imagine barley residence. so cooling. weather so hot cm no enough so this is best cooling effect...

phantom_opera
06-02-12, 11:22
Should just name it Bodhitree ... so simple yet the company has no brain

mcmlxxvi
06-02-12, 11:34
Should just name it Bodhitree ... so simple yet the company has no brain
treetown lor. since got treehouse and treescape liao. lol

teddybear
06-02-12, 12:35
I look at it the other way:
"Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be massive construction for the next 20 years! There will no peace for residents/tenants there! Worse still, there will be endless supply of new properties! Too much empty land to ensure too much supply of properties! Don't know when the resale then can have market? (since all properties after holding for 4 years SSD become resale!). I will rather wait until there is very little empty land and I will not buy even if 20% below current market price! " :p

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/MarisStella.png

ysyap
06-02-12, 12:56
Too much negative comments about this project from the owners' perspective but for rental yield and investment perspective, it may still be a decent project... :)

teddybear
06-02-12, 13:15
Another reason to despice such project! Look at the 2 floor plans:
1) Bartley Residences 3BR of 1087 sqft
2) 3 BR old condo of 1150 sqft

A) Look at the super big size balconies + air-cond ledges!

B) Look at the Master Bedroom size! The old condo has size labelled at 16 sqm or 172 sqft! Bartley Residence don't even dare to label size (I thought BCA/URA already legislate that they must label the sizes of the rooms etc?) but even when they scale the Queen size bed smaller, you can see there are barely space to put extra study table & massage chair etc in there! :doh:

C) Look at the 2 other bedrooms. Bartley Residences 2 bedrooms can't even put a Queen size bed and can't even put any additional study table other than the single bed! :scared-1:
Can you see that the old condo smaller bedrooms labeled 9 sqm or 97 sqft can even squeeze in Queen-size bed and still got space for a study table & wardrobe? So can you imagine how small the 2 smaller bedrooms of Bartley Residences are? I guess they are only 2.5m x 2.5m or 6.25 sqm or 70 sqft inclusive of built-in ward-robe?

D) Look at the pathetic size living + dinning room area!

"Looking at the massive piece of land near bartley, mount vernon and bidadari area, there will be massive construction for the next 20 years! There will no peace for residents/tenants there! Worse still, there will be endless supply of new properties! Too much empty land to ensure too much supply of properties! Don't know when the resale then can have market? (since all properties after holding for 4 years SSD become resale!). I will rather wait until there is very little empty land and I will not buy even if 20% below current market price! " :p

teddybear
06-02-12, 13:18
Rental yield - How can be good with massive construction all around for next 15 years? Own stay may be? :eek:

Investment perspective - How to have big gain for your property with massive oversupply of new launch all around? :p

Too much negative comments about this project from the owners' perspective but for rental yield and investment perspective, it may still be a decent project... :)

ysyap
06-02-12, 13:19
It usually goes down to the design of the layout. Apparently the developers are trying to squeeze buyers by maximizing personal profits at the expense of unassuming buyers. Those huge balconies are clear indications of such exploitations!

Not stating the floor areas of the bedrooms are pretty standard today though so no complaints about that.

ysyap
06-02-12, 13:25
Rental yield - How can be good with massive construction all around for next 15 years? Own stay may be? :eek:

Investment perspective - How to have big gain for your property with massive oversupply of new launch all around? :pUnassuming tenants will see the value of having MRT right at their doorsteps therefore they'll sign on the dotted lines quickly, even at a higher premium, disregarding the massive constructions further down the road.

Also, if these other properties that are springing up are built by developers who bought the land parcels at record high prices, the property prices of that area will inevitably appreciate in no time. This works perfectly well for current property owners in that area. :cheers6: Then again these are assumptions!

One thing I've learnt though is this that Singapore property buyers seemingly have deeper pockets than many expect. We buy houses as a form of hobby! :scared-4: As such, I'm quite convinced that at the rate the govt is churning out properties, even with BTOs, demands can still persist for the next few years, provided the Euro and US are doing decently. :)

fclim
06-02-12, 13:40

Bidadari will be a HDB new town. http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Tengah+and+Bidadari+are+your+future+New+Towns/

If anything, there will be more demand for private housing in Kovan/Serangoon/Potong Pasir area from Bidadari HDB upgraders. Whether it's 10 years or 20 years down the road is debatable.

gn108
06-02-12, 13:49
I am inclined to agree with you.
In 2010 I was looking for a replacement property when I saw an aptm on How Sun. I didn't pursue coz I saw lots of land available for development across the main road.

Not much amentities there too at this point ...just Bartley MRT.

Investment perspective - How to have big gain for your property with massive oversupply of new launch all around? :p

ppty
06-02-12, 13:51
this layout of new project - 3 bedder much better with king bed in master and minimum queen bed in the other 2 rooms

http://www.archipelago.sg/plan.php

just comparing floor plans only - not projects

land118
06-02-12, 13:58
$1.6mil for a 4 bedders.. think the 99y LH landed units are going for bewteen $1.8mil to $2mil and those come with parking lots, no maintenance fee plus much larger spaces, minus gym and swimming pools. And can have immediate move-in... :cheers6: Or the FH condos nearby also going for about $1.5 to $1.6mil for a 3 bedder. Hmmm... What is your preference? Well said, better buy landed area there, FH somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8363603/for-sale-how-sun-park

DC33_2008
06-02-12, 14:00
The quoted price should be before the 18% discount for VVIP. Most new condo has large balcony and a few AC ledges. Fortunately, this site is not on Bidadiri side and this will not be developed so soon. They will develop Tengah first as this site is nearer to city. Land price will go up and $ will get smaller with time. Will you invest places that are saturated and far away or one that is near the planned housing site?

bargain hunter
06-02-12, 14:06
yes. then the $ quantum becomes big. :ashamed1: hmm actually not that much different. but i m not sure why cdl has been doing these 3 bedders (since hundred trees) which can only fit single beds in the other 2 bedrooms. :beats-me-man: did they do and study and found that these is preferred?!

this layout of new project - 3 bedder much better with king bed in master and minimum queen bed in the other 2 rooms

DC33_2008
06-02-12, 14:08
Did you see the floor finishes? It is in original condition with mosaic tiles. Landed is good for own stay not for rental as yield will be rather poor. You will need to spend at least $500k for A&A. Good luck if you are staying next to a Reconstruction or A&A site.
Well said, better buy landed area there, FH somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8363603/for-sale-how-sun-park

ysyap
06-02-12, 15:43
Did you see the floor finishes? It is in original condition with mosaic tiles. Landed is good for own stay not for rental as yield will be rather poor. You will need to spend at least $500k for A&A. Good luck if you are staying next to a Reconstruction or A&A site.A $500k A&A is as good as complete overhaul. Quite an extensive renovation or should I say reconstruction. Well, this unit should not require that sort of renovation though. :cool:

DC33_2008
06-02-12, 20:38
A&A means extend outwards and backwards and build an attic without demolishing the existing structure. This price used quality finishing materials. Reconstruction includes the demolition of the existing structure, piling, new foundation, increase the floor-to-ceiling height and build up to three storeys.
A $500k A&A is as good as complete overhaul. Quite an extensive renovation or should I say reconstruction. Well, this unit should not require that sort of renovation though. :cool:

teddybear
06-02-12, 20:58
Looks only slightly better than Bartley Residences, but just as bad with that >10% balcony size? Is it just my judgement mistake or really the 2 balconies seem to add up to about 15%? :scared-2:

DC33_2008
06-02-12, 21:00
Balcony area of two bedders is slightly better.
Looks only slightly better than Bartley Residences, but just as bad with that >10% balcony size? Is it just my judgement mistake or really the 2 balconies seem to add up to about 15%? :scared-2:

Tripp
06-02-12, 21:51
Bartley Residences - Indicative Price Range

http://www.view2offer.com.sg/Media_LibraryFolder/239c3492-7e86-4ee4-80cb-4c0440af90d6/Image/EstimatedPriceRange.jpg

12% Standard Discount
+ 3% Early Bird Discount
+ 3% Stamp Duty Discount
= 18% Direct Discount

Additional 2% District Discount (if applicable)

Free Fridge, Washer, Dryer.

azeoprop
06-02-12, 22:02
Is the price before or after the discount? :beats-me-man:

If the 1 bedder 609k + 20% discount = 487k! Can snap! :D

dtrax
06-02-12, 22:03

ya lor price before and after discount got huge difference

land118
06-02-12, 22:11
A&A means extend outwards and backwards and build an attic without demolishing the existing structure. This price used quality finishing materials. Reconstruction includes the demolition of the existing structure, piling, new foundation, increase the floor-to-ceiling height and build up to three storeys. why talk about extending outwards and backwards when built in is ~2800sqft for this terrace, much bigger than those 4 bedder at Bartley Res.., am just stating an example as a comparison. Guess you are more convinced buying Bartley Res. To each his own.

Tripp
06-02-12, 22:14
Haha, not sure if the indicative prices are before or after discount.

But if it is before discount, then I think this is very much better than Parc Rosewood.

But, unlikely they will price it at $487K.... Or will they? :D

Should be launching in mid Feb.

chanel
06-02-12, 22:17
Pricing has to be before discount but not attractive if released for sale during VVIP Preview soft launch, works out to be $1,070psf. About the same price as Watertown, which has more appliances & better finishes of either marble or granite.

ysyap
07-02-12, 05:36
Pricing has to be before discount but not attractive if released for sale during VVIP Preview soft launch, works out to be $1,070psf. About the same price as Watertown, which has more appliances & better finishes of either marble or granite.WT and this project totally cannot compare lah... circle line and location is so different. :cheers1: If Orchard projects selling same price as this project, I'll snatch up Orchard projects too. :D

ysyap
07-02-12, 05:43
Those indicative prices seem to suggest that buying the FH projects nearby is good. Buy these FH units before prices climb in accordance with the launch of this project... Hmmm... those landed and FH projects nearby should benefit from this project. :cheers2:

ecimbew
07-02-12, 06:10

http://www.view2offer.com.sg/Media_LibraryFolder/239c3492-7e86-4ee4-80cb-4c0440af90d6/Image/EstimatedPriceRange.jpg

12% Standard Discount
+ 3% Early Bird Discount
+ 3% Stamp Duty Discount
= 18% Direct Discount

Developers disregard KBW's CM. So brave.

ysyap
07-02-12, 06:39
Developers disregard KBW's CM. So brave.Developers also need to make ends meet! :p

hyenergix
07-02-12, 06:42
This project targets buyers who are self-staying owners living nearby. I estimate that the final price will be approximately the highest range x 20% discount. Hence for the typical 2 bedder, it will be about $1100 psf during VVIP launch. Need to look out for the quality of building materials. Overall I think psf is still increasing subtly and gradually via other means e.g. using homogeneous tiles instead of marble and cutting down on oven.

price
07-02-12, 08:21
Those indicative prices seem to suggest that buying the FH projects nearby is good. Buy these FH units before prices climb in accordance with the launch of this project... Hmmm... those landed and FH projects nearby should benefit from this project. :cheers2:

What kinda FH projects for e.g?

ysyap
07-02-12, 08:30
What kinda FH projects for e.g?New projects (not TOP yet) include The Vue and La Dolce Vita. Older projects include Bayou Residences, Bartley Grove (old walk up apartment with huge pool), Bartley Court (old walk up apartment w/o pool) and not forgetting Sun Rosier (nearest FH to MRT and slightly newer than the Bartley Grove or Court)!

gn108
07-02-12, 08:37
Sun Rosier is an interesting project ...but only for the very best stacks.
But the strangest thing is the rubbish chute is by the front door.
I like the 'feel' and space of the development though...

New projects (not TOP yet) include The Vue and La Dolce Vita. Older projects include Bayou Residences, Bartley Grove (old walk up apartment with huge pool), Bartley Court (old walk up apartment w/o pool) and not forgetting Sun Rosier (nearest FH to MRT and slightly newer than the Bartley Grove or Court)!

DC33_2008
07-02-12, 08:44
I have enough. Waiting for correction. :D
why talk about extending outwards and backwards when built in is ~2800sqft for this terrace, much bigger than those 4 bedder at Bartley Res.., am just stating an example as a comparison. Guess you are more convinced buying Bartley Res. To each his own.

bargain hunter
07-02-12, 09:28
i think prices prob already discounted 18% maybe? 12xxpsf for > 1 bedder seems quite expected lor. neither cheap nor excessive.

azeoprop
07-02-12, 09:29
But saw some newspaper ads "from 5xxk" leh... :beats-me-man:

ysyap
07-02-12, 09:47
But saw some newspaper ads "from 5xxk" leh... :beats-me-man:Maybe they just have one unit going for $599k after discount! Then the others are priced upward of $599k? :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
07-02-12, 19:36
2 bedder is priced at $1375psf. This is after 18% discount. :doh:

12% Standard Discount
+ 3% Early Bird Discount
+ 3% Stamp Duty Discount
= 18% Direct Discount

bargain hunter
07-02-12, 19:39
from that indicative chart is shows from 12xx to 1379psf?

2 bedder is priced at $1375psf. This is after 18% discount. :doh:

DC33_2008
07-02-12, 19:41
What will be the take-up rate for this project when VVIP launch on 22 Feb?

Tripp
14-02-12, 13:59
Revised Indicative Price Range

http://www.view2offer.com.sg/Media_LibraryFolder/239c3492-7e86-4ee4-80cb-4c0440af90d6/Image/EstimatedPriceRange_New.jpg

azeoprop
14-02-12, 14:03
So expensive! :doh:

Tripp
14-02-12, 14:16
If you were to google one of the many Bartley Residences sales websites, you can see that the indicative prices are after 18% discount.

Discount Scheme

12% STANDARD DISCOUNT + 3% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT + 3% STAMP DUTY DISCOUNT => Total 18% Direct Discount!

District Discount

Receive Another 2% DISCOUNT (From the revised Indicative Price Range)

If Your NRIC ADDRESS Qualifies For The District Discount => Total 20% Direct Discount!

Additional 2% District Discount For New Postal Codes Starting With:
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 41 46 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 82

Important Notes :
· Subject to further changes without any prior notice
· At least one purchaser must have any of the above postal code reflected in his/her NRIC, to enjoy the proximity discount.
· Documentations other than NRIC WILL NOT be considered.

Arcachon
14-02-12, 14:33
If you were to google one of the many Southbank sales websites, you can see that the indicative prices are after 18% discount.

Discount Scheme

12% STANDARD DISCOUNT + 3% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT + 3% STAMP DUTY DISCOUNT => Total 18% Direct Discount!

District Discount

Receive Another 2% DISCOUNT (From the revised Indicative Price Range)

If Your NRIC ADDRESS Qualifies For The District Discount => Total 20% Direct Discount!

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 41 46 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 82

Important Notes :
· Subject to further changes without any prior notice
· At least one purchaser must have any of the above postal code reflected in his/her NRIC, to enjoy the proximity discount.
· Documentations other than NRIC WILL NOT be considered.

Let see how much I should price my 2 Bedroom at Southbank after all the discount.

$1,535,000+20%=$1,842,000.

Cheap Cheap selling at $1,842,000 for a 2 Bedroom at Southbank if you buy before Valentine Day 20% discount.

ysyap
15-02-12, 13:35
Let see how much I should price my 2 Bedroom at Southbank after all the discount.

$1,535,000+20%=$1,842,000.

Cheap Cheap selling at $1,842,000 for a 2 Bedroom at Southbank if you buy before Valentine Day 20% discount.Any takers yesterday? Promotion ended? :D

graveyard
15-02-12, 15:27
Any takers yesterday? Promotion ended? :D

WHAT a pity!! thats a steal! ;)

fclim
15-02-12, 16:43
Any takers yesterday? Promotion ended? :D

Nobody interested lah. All beoing WT.:D

sh
15-02-12, 17:23

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 41 46 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 82.[/I]

So discriminatory....:simmering:

Panerex77
18-02-12, 10:55
anyone knows when the showroom be up?

DC33_2008
18-02-12, 11:04
Collecting cheque today. VVIP preview should be Monday/Tuesday.
anyone knows when the showroom be up?

devilplate
21-02-12, 21:35
Vy ex leh....

1bdr 1400psf, 2bdr 1250psf....

I heard lukewarm response this evening....

Any1 went down?

price
21-02-12, 21:54
Vy ex leh....

Any1 went down?

Agent smsed me saying quite a number of 1 bedders were snapped up! anyways at 1400psf, WT was cheaper according to the 527sqft caveat lodged today. sold at 547k only!

chanel
22-02-12, 09:09
Surprisingly Bartley quite well received, Business Times reported that 65 units out of 120 units released for sale were snapped on 1st day of VVIP at $1,240psf after 20% discount.
A 2-bed from $970K to $1.1M, 3-bedded from $1.2M to $1.4M and a 4-bedded from $1.65M to $1.9M.

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:10
Surprisingly Bartley quite well received, Business Times reported that 65 units out of 120 units released for sale were snapped on 1st day of VVIP at $1,240psf after 20% discount.
A 2-bed from $970K to $1.1M, 3-bedded from $1.2M to $1.4M and a 4-bedded from $1.65M to $1.9M.
serious? 65 units out of 700 units in total u call well received....omg....

only manage to sell 65units tats y say only 120units are released la.....aiyoyoyoyo

chanel
22-02-12, 09:21
serious? 65 units out of 700 units in total u call well received....omg....

only manage to sell 65units tats y say only 120units are released la.....aiyoyoyoyo

Well, consider as not too bad for 1st day in terms of pricing & location but at least they manage to sell at least half of the released units. Except for MRT thought this place abit out of nowhere, near to the old cemetry, no other attractions & amenities. The only plus point is being nearer to the city. But good for people who like to live in quiet surroundings otherwise it's expensive.

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:26
Well, consider as not too bad for 1st day in terms of pricing & location but at least they manage to sell at least half of the released units. Except for MRT thought this place abit out of nowhere, near to the old cemetry, no other attractions & amenities. The only plus point is being nearer to the city. But good for people who like to live in quiet surroundings otherwise it's expensive.
ok....

this project is no way quiet hor.....fronting vy busy road and cars travelling at high speed.....can be as bad as expressway

only those units facing how sun will be quiet.....

gd luck to all the 65buyers

craze
22-02-12, 09:44
Is the showflat open to public anyone know.

devilplate
22-02-12, 09:46
oredi opened for u last evening lor.....i was invited to go down as VVVVVIP wor....wakakkakaa

testtest
22-02-12, 09:50

just drove pass today and it is already opened

testtest
22-02-12, 09:53

not cheap...considering only MRT and 1 school nearby. I think this will be a slow mover...

mcmlxxvi
22-02-12, 13:46
some project cannot touch one. barley... cooling. launch during cooling measure. cooling. near cemetery. cooling. the big tree. cooling. too cool and Yin.

propertychap
22-02-12, 14:03
The price seems close to Bedok residences. For the same price I would rather go for Bedok with all the amenities rather than in such a cool place. But surprised still got people buy this.

Tripp
22-02-12, 14:06
http://property.zaobao.com.sg/pages7/private120222.shtml

私宅热销 发展商纷出货
上周售出近800单位
李敏雯 (2012-02-22)

http://property.zaobao.com.sg/ssi/images8/private120222.jpg

继上月房地产销售量比去年12月的高出将近两倍后,发展商开始纷纷出货,过去一周市场总共消化了近800间私宅。

丰隆控股财团昨天首日开放位于巴特礼路(Bartley Road)和罗弄禾山(Lorong How Sun)的新私宅项目示范单位,为这个名为“Bartley Residences”的99年私宅项目举行预售活动,吸引人潮光顾。截至下午5时,推出的120间私宅,已经卖出了65间。

Bartley Residences有702单位

丰隆控股受询时透露,售出私宅的平均价格为每平方英尺1240元,这已经包含了高达20%的折扣。

ERA是该私宅项目的唯一代理。据了解,各私宅类型都卖得较好,从一卧房式至四卧房式都有。

毗邻环线地铁站巴特礼站的Bartley Residences是由丰隆控股、城市发展和TID组成的财团,以4亿1327万元,合每平方英尺621元的标价,在去年3月标得。该项目总共有702个私宅单位。

最小的一卧房式单位为463平方英尺,最大的“双钥匙”(Dual Key)单位则有1603平方英尺。该项目预计2017年10月竣工。

由星狮地产(Frasers Centrepoint)和强枫建筑(Keong Hong)共同发展、位于榜鹅的一个执行共管公寓(Executive Condominium,简称EC)项目上个周末总共卖出约225间,表现强劲,其中5%预留给非首次购屋者的36间单位全部售出。售出单位的平均价格为每平方英尺698元。

芽笼30巷小型公寓削价求售

其他发展商也赶紧推出新项目迎合市场需求。以小型公寓为主、位于芽笼30巷的Guillemard Edge公寓削价8%求售,自本月10日正式登场以来,已经卖出超过230间,价格介于每平方英尺1150元至1250元。

该项目超过一半的单位是约409平方英尺的一卧房式,从48万多元起跳。

推动1月成交量激增、位于兀兰的Parc Rosewood上周末再卖出120间,平均价为每平方英尺1000元。这个拥有689个单位的项目由飞龙集团(Fragrance Group)和世界级置地公司(World Class Land)合资的Kensington Land发展,至今卖出了超过510间。

城市发展发言人也说,集团上周末也售出超过40间执行共管公寓如雨林阁(The Rainforest)和私宅项目如The Palette等。

远东机构则再售77间私宅如The Greenwich、The Scotts Tower等。

位于三巴旺的The Nautical则再售出10间私宅。

市区重建局的最新数据显示,不包括执行共管公寓的本地新私宅上个月总共售出1872个单位,创下2010年11月以来的新高。

*[email protected]

《联合早报》
(编辑:陈治宪)

price
22-02-12, 14:08
The price seems close to Bedok residences. For the same price I would rather go for Bedok with all the amenities rather than in such a cool place. But surprised still got people buy this.

Probably in 10 years all the empty cemetery land will be converted into something :beats-me-man:

Tripp
22-02-12, 14:10
Probably in 10 years all the empty cemetery land will be converted into something :beats-me-man:

Bidadari New Town.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1158892/1/.html

Tripp
22-02-12, 14:16
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/pwb-newparks(frame).htm

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/images/newpark-pic04.jpg

A peaceful retreat - Bidadari Park

A new town park can weave its way through the future housing estate at Bidadari, showcasing beautiful mature trees and rolling landscape.

mcmlxxvi
22-02-12, 14:36
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/pwb-newparks(frame).htm

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/images/newpark-pic04.jpg

A peaceful retreat - Bidadari Park

A new town park can weave its way through the future housing estate at Bidadari, showcasing beautiful mature trees and rolling landscape.
hope all they see is the rolling landscape and not rolling heads or body parts... doubt anyone will dare to jog there at night

chanel
22-02-12, 17:01
hope all they see is the rolling landscape and not rolling heads or body parts... doubt anyone will dare to jog there at night

It wont be so eerie if they change the name to something nicer cos our minds set long time ago, anyone mentioned "Bidadari" refers to a cemetry. Tell the kids the park was formerly graveyards, they will run for their lives cos most kids are scared of ghosts even if they havent seen one. There are very old trees that cannot be chopped due to spirits within the tree, some people died whilst chopping old trees along Braddell Road long time ago, had to get monks to chant prayers. But during the day there are many joggers in Bidadari.

ysyap
22-02-12, 18:18
hope all they see is the rolling landscape and not rolling heads or body parts... doubt anyone will dare to jog there at nightBishan is sitting on a huge plot of cemetery land. Today, not only do you see joggers at night, that area commands a decent housing asking price. ;)

minority
22-02-12, 21:08
Developers also need to make ends meet! :p

aiyah originally want to sell at 1250psf.. just mark up to 1500psf then say 20% discount.

can that area be 1500psf in the 1st place? even more then bedok residence? marketing gimmick.

like those stores that scream 90% discount. but each item still cost hundreds.

minority
22-02-12, 21:12
Vy ex leh....

Any1 went down?

wats the size? 500sqf 1bdr 800sqf 2 bed room??

DC33_2008
22-02-12, 21:18
Add another $100,000 to $1.9mil can get a freehold landed of land size about 1800sqft. Spend another $500k can get a build up area of at least 2 times of the 4-bedder unit in this development.

DC33_2008
22-02-12, 21:20
I will get the 2-bedder facing the bodhi tree that is quieter and have a view towards the landed properties. Too bad! Price is not right.
ok....

this project is no way quiet hor.....fronting vy busy road and cars travelling at high speed.....can be as bad as expressway

only those units facing how sun will be quiet.....

gd luck to all the 65buyers

minority
23-02-12, 08:13
Frankly I feel now new launch prop are not worth buying for investment at this pt.

Unless its for stay. I guess no choice.

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:16
Frankly I feel now new launch prop are not worth buying for investment at this pt.

Unless its for stay. I guess no choice.
y for stay no choice?

actually those urgently buying for own stay are looking at resale and not new launches....

those buying new launches for own stay are usually specuvestors....there is a possibility they may wana sell upon TOP if profit is good

minority
23-02-12, 09:22
y for stay no choice?

actually those urgently buying for own stay are looking at resale and not new launches....

those buying new launches for own stay are usually specuvestors....there is a possibility they may wana sell upon TOP if profit is good

Well some pple cannot stay resale. ;)

graveyard
23-02-12, 09:25
y for stay no choice?

buy new launches mean buy flip sales? i bought from developer for the early bird discount as i find resales are going high when i was house huntng for own stay

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:30
buy new launches mean buy flip sales? i bought from developer for the early bird discount as i find resales are going high when i was house huntng for own stay
dun get me wrong brother....

i aso buy many new launches hor....

i noe u bot a MM.....and yes, those TOP mm units are higher den new launches

price
23-02-12, 09:39

How much was ur vvip discount btw? :confused:

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:44
How much was ur vvip discount btw? :confused:

The discounts as reported in below report:

65 units sold at Bartley Residences
Feb 22, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

After a 20 percent discount, some 65 units have been sold at Bartley Residences (pictured) at an average price of S$1,240 psf, with 90 percent of the buyers being Singaporeans and permanent residents (PR).

During yesterday's preview, the developer released 120 units in the 99-year leasehold private condo project, which is located next to Bartley MRT station. The development comprises one- to four-bedroom units, as well as dual-key units, with absolute prices ranging between S$610,000 and S$670,000 for one-bedroom units and from S$1.8 million to S$2.1 million for a dual-key unit.

"The figures are encouraging because the launch is in the middle of the week. I sense this development will gather pace towards the end of the week, and that might give a truer reflection. The developers may have launched it (on Tuesday) more to get a sense of ground sentiment," said Donald Han, Special Adviser at HSR Property Group.

The S$1,240 psf price tag for each unit was achieved after the two percent district discount and 18 percent absorption discount, which includes the standard three percent buyer's stamp duty discount and three percent early bird discount.

"At S$1,240, the developer is aware of market conditions and is clearly pricing the project at the right level," noted Lee Sze Teck, Senior Manager at DWG Research and Consultancy.

The project is developed by Bartley Development, a joint venture (JV) company between City Developments, TID Residential and Hong Leong Holdings.

ysyap
23-02-12, 10:54
Things will be clearer this weekend... $12xx psf is slightly on the high side. I am still for the idea of buying the nearby landed at slightly higher price only or the older FH PC in that vicinity at much lower psf... :cheers5:

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 11:15
Things will be clearer this weekend... $12xx psf is slightly on the high side. I am still for the idea of buying the nearby landed at slightly higher price only or the older FH PC in that vicinity at much lower psf... :cheers5:

Initially I tot it is quite a good project... but after a while, it think it is not as good as I initially tot (for the price of $1.2-1.3k psf)... maris stella, mrt good points... but crematorium nearby and cedar girls more than 1km away?

azeoprop
24-02-12, 23:48
Found 2 rare photos of the area in the 60s.

:)

ecimbew
25-02-12, 06:20

:)

Wow! I think we have a lot in common.

ysyap
25-02-12, 06:49

:)These photos really looked impressive for a 1960s' quality... deep coloured and stuff... well done... cheers!:cheers1:

minority
25-02-12, 08:00
Initially I tot it is quite a good project... but after a while, it think it is not as good as I initially tot (for the price of $1.2-1.3k psf)... maris stella, mrt good points... but crematorium nearby and cedar girls more than 1km away?

Frankly for 1200psf I will buy resale with better location

Kenshinto80
25-02-12, 08:03
Frankly for 1200psf I will buy resale with better location
Which area do you think has good resales deal?

mantrix
25-02-12, 08:12
Which area do you think has good resales deal?

i think 1200psf+ you can get Goldenhill Park condo, 20m from lorong chuan mrt, freehold somemore...location also sama sama, no amenities though but 1 stop away from bishan n serangoon

chiaberry
25-02-12, 08:12

Cedar girls is a secondary school. Proximity to the sch does not count for entry. It is based on PSLE results.

Check if Paya Lebar MGS is within 1km or not. That has a Pri sch and proximity can be an advantage.

DC33_2008
25-02-12, 08:32
Cedar girls is a secondary school. Proximity to the sch does not count for entry. It is based on PSLE results.

Check if Paya Lebar MGS is within 1km or not. That has a Pri sch and proximity can be an advantage.
Should be beyond 1 km from paya lebar mgs. boys can go to maris stella and they gifted program. Girls will be a problem.

ekl2ekl2
25-02-12, 09:41

There is a Cedar Primary just next to Cedar girls sec.
The primary is a mixed school.

ekl2ekl2
25-02-12, 09:42
Should be beyond 1 km from paya lebar mgs. boys can go to maris stella and they gifted program. Girls will be a problem.

Maris Stella does not have gifted GEP classes.

DC33_2008
25-02-12, 12:09
Was it a SAP school before?
Maris Stella does not have gifted GEP classes.

DC33_2008
25-02-12, 12:10
Not a good idea. Go and do some research on this mixed school first.
There is a Cedar Primary just next to Cedar girls sec.
The primary is a mixed school.

ysyap
25-02-12, 13:38
Should be beyond 1 km from paya lebar mgs. boys can go to maris stella and they gifted program. Girls will be a problem.Just checked that PLMGPS is within 1 km from Bartley Residences! Even SPCA across the road is within 1 km from PLMGPS. :cheers5:

reporter2
26-02-12, 18:33
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,478862-1329940740,00.html?

Published February 22, 2012

Hong Leong sells 65 Bartley units at $1,240 psf

Up to 20% discount dished out for the 120 units released

By MINDY TAN

HONG Leong Group yesterday sold 65 units at Bartley Residences at an average price of $1,240 per square foot after a discount of up to 20 per cent.

During yesterday's preview, it released 120 units in the 702-unit, 99-year leasehold private condo next to Bartley MRT Station. According to Hong Leong, 90 per cent of the buyers at yesterday's preview were Singaporeans and permanent residents.

The absolute price of a one-bedroom unit ranges from approximately $610,000 to $670,000; a two-bedroom unit ranges from $970,000 to $1.1 million; a three-bedroom unit is between $1.2 million and $1.4 million; a four-bedroom ranges from approximately $1.65 million to $1.9 million; and a dual-key unit ranges from around $1.8 million to $2.1 million.

The average price psf of $1,240 is after absorption of 18 per cent (including the standard 3 per cent buyer's stamp duty discount, and 3 per cent early bird discount), and an additional 2 per cent district discount.

Said HSR Property Group's special adviser, Donald Han: 'The figures are encouraging because the launch is in the middle of the week. I sense this development will gather pace towards the end of the week, and that might give a truer reflection ... The developers may have launched it (on Tuesday) more to get a sense of ground sentiment.'

Added Lee Sze Teck, senior manager at DWG Research and Consultancy: 'At $1,240, the developer is aware of market conditions and is clearly pricing the project at the right level.'

The project - developed by Bartley Development, a joint venture between Hong Leong Holdings, City Developments, and TID Residential - is located next to Bartley MRT Station, and offers a range of unit types, from one-bedroom units (463 sq ft) to four-bedroom units (1,345-1,377 sq ft), and dual key units (1,603 sq ft).

In January, the consortium won a 99-year leasehold private condominium housing plot at Mount Vernon Road. Their bid came in at $388.1 million, or $495 per square foot per plot ratio.

'They're certainly in a good position to (capitalise) that segment of the market ... (There are) not many new residential projects being launched in the area, so I would expect pent-up demand coming in from potential upgraders from the vicinity,' said HSR's Mr Han.

Last month, the 992-unit, mixed-use development, Watertown, which is located in Punggol Central, saw more than 160 of the 250 units released during its preview snapped up. The 689-unit, 99-year condominium Parc Rosewood, in Woodlands sold 165 of the 236 units up for grabs during its preview launch.

ekl2ekl2
26-02-12, 20:00
Was it a SAP school before?

Yes Maris Stella is SAP. See list below of SAP schools

Anglican High School 圣公会中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_High_School)
Catholic High School 公教中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_High_School_(Singapore))
CHIJ Saint Nicholas Girls' School 圣尼各拉女校 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIJ_Saint_Nicholas_Girls%27_School)
Chung Cheng High School (Main) 中正中学(总校) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Cheng_High_School_(Main))
Dunman High School 德明政府中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunman_High_School)
Hwa Chong Institution 华侨中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwa_Chong_Institution)
Maris Stella High School 海星中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maris_Stella_High_School)
Nan Chiau High School 南侨中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Chiau_High_School) (from Jan 2012 onwards)
Nan Hua High School 南华中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Hua_High_School)
Nanyang Girls' High School 南洋女子中学校 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyang_Girls%27_High_School)
River Valley High School 立化中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Valley_High_School_(Singapore))

DC33_2008
26-02-12, 20:15
That is why I told the agent earlier to sell the proximity to the SAP school. It is easier to go to Maris Stella High School with the affiliation.
Yes Maris Stella is SAP. See list below of SAP schools

Anglican High School 圣公会中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_High_School)
Catholic High School 公教中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_High_School_(Singapore))
CHIJ Saint Nicholas Girls' School 圣尼各拉女校 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIJ_Saint_Nicholas_Girls%27_School)
Chung Cheng High School (Main) 中正中学(总校) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Cheng_High_School_(Main))
Dunman High School 德明政府中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunman_High_School)
Hwa Chong Institution 华侨中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwa_Chong_Institution)
Maris Stella High School 海星中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maris_Stella_High_School)
Nan Chiau High School 南侨中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Chiau_High_School) (from Jan 2012 onwards)
Nan Hua High School 南华中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Hua_High_School)
Nanyang Girls' High School 南洋女子中学校 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyang_Girls%27_High_School)
River Valley High School 立化中学 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Valley_High_School_(Singapore))

buttercarp
26-02-12, 21:53
That is why I told the agent earlier to sell the proximity to the SAP school. It is easier to go to Maris Stella High School with the affiliation.

But the secondary school is considered a Band 3 school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maris_Stella_High_School

ysyap
26-02-12, 22:39
That is why I told the agent earlier to sell the proximity to the SAP school. It is easier to go to Maris Stella High School with the affiliation.It doesn't pay to be nice... I once told an agent who advertised a condo wrongly. She printed the condo is near AYE when it is in D19. Then I told that same agent to add that the condo is near this other primary school within 1 km. She totally ignored my efforts to assist her. :cheers6:

flagship74
26-02-12, 22:52
It doesn't pay to be nice... I once told an agent who advertised a condo wrongly. She printed the condo is near AYE when it is in D19. Then I told that same agent to add that the condo is near this other primary school within 1 km. She totally ignored my efforts to assist her. :cheers6:
She think you are just simply KPO:banghead:

fclim
26-02-12, 22:58

Quite okay for most people. Results improving each year. All Express classes only. For 2011 'O' levels, 100% qualified for JC or Poly. 94.4% qualified for JC.

ekl2ekl2
26-02-12, 23:12

not everyone takes Chinese as first language.
even in their primary school, after P4, only selected ones continue with higher chiinese.

ysyap
26-02-12, 23:56
She think you are just simply KPO:banghead:Yup... me indeed kpo for her good but she rejected it... LoL! :D

buttercarp
27-02-12, 08:38
Quite okay for most people. Results improving each year. All Express classes only. For 2011 'O' levels, 100% qualified for JC or Poly. 94.4% qualified for JC.

Wow that's rather impressive!

price
27-02-12, 08:40
Wow that's rather impressive!

Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married. :beats-me-man:

eng81157
27-02-12, 08:41
will its proximity to a SAP school, Maris Stella, be appealing?

buttercarp
27-02-12, 08:44
Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married. :beats-me-man:

Yes, especially good primary schools.
Cos there is priority for your kids (if you have them in future).
Also people who aspire to send their kids to the school near your unit may express an interest in it.

price
27-02-12, 08:46
Yes, especially good primary schools.
Cos there is priority for your kids (if you have them in future).
Also people who aspire to send their kids to the school near your unit may express an interest in it.

Wow really? so if a good school decides to move near your condo prices will shoot up? No wonder D15 always use Tao Nan as a selling point. So what's near? Radius of 1-2km?

buttercarp
27-02-12, 08:57
Wow really? so if a good school decides to move near your condo prices will shoot up? No wonder D15 always use Tao Nan as a selling point. So what's near? Radius of 1-2km?

Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.

spikey69
27-02-12, 08:58

must be under 1km

ysyap
27-02-12, 08:59
Is living near good schools that important dear bros and sis? Maybe something I should consider too when i get married. :beats-me-man:Every parent naturally wants their kids to study in a school they think is good for their kid. Then again what is good? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have negative influences? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have lousy teachers? Well, the answer is we'll never know but at least we try to give the child our best effort to enroll him/her in the best we can find.

Here, I do have another thought. I'd rather enroll my child in a school which is good but may not be the best. The pressure of studying in a top school can be overwhelming for a young child. Some kids have the cognitive ability to manage the rigor of studies but simply lack the maturity to manage the stress that comes along. Therefore that child might not perform to his/her optimum in that stressful environment although it is the top school. Just my 2 cents worth... :cool:

price
27-02-12, 08:59
Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.

wow. alright will keep that in mind :D thanks!

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:01
Within each phase (except phase 1), the priority is within 1 km followed by 1-2 km.Schools will first select students within 1 km. if still have vacancies, then they'll look at those between 1km and 2km. :)

price
27-02-12, 09:01
Every parent naturally wants their kids to study in a school they think is good for their kid. Then again what is good? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have negative influences? Does it mean that 'good' schools don't have lousy teachers? Well, the answer is we'll never know but at least we try to give the child our best effort to enroll him/her in the best we can find.

Here, I do have another thought. I'd rather enroll my child in a school which is good but may not be the best. The pressure of studying in a top school can be overwhelming for a young child. Some kids have the cognitive ability to manage the rigor of studies but simply lack the maturity to manage the stress that comes along. Therefore that child might not perform to his/her optimum in that stressful environment although it is the top school. Just my 2 cents worth... :cool:

Doesnt being in the alumni helps? Or must it be alumni + proximity to school as well?

Those many many new projects in punggol and sengkang, are there good schools around there? Where are the young couple kids gonna study?

devilplate
27-02-12, 09:03
Doesnt being in the alumni helps? Or must it be alumni + proximity to school as well?

Those many many new projects in punggol and sengkang, are there good schools around there? Where are the young couple kids gonna study?
study neighborhood schools lor.....

unless u die die wana ur kids to become scholars one day....den must hf a gd primary sch to kick start

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:05

Those many many new projects in punggol and sengkang, are there good schools around there? Where are the young couple kids gonna study?Being an alumni helps definitely. Its in the earlier phase and so far, haven't heard of anyone who cannot get in through being an alumni. Maybe others can shed light on this... :spliff:

price
27-02-12, 09:05
study neighborhood schools lor.....

unless u die die wana ur kids to become scholars one day....den must hf a gd primary sch to kick start

hahaa maybe stay in Punggol but buy a MM near good school :cool:

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:06

Alumni qualify you in Phase 2A if you have joined the alumni 1 year before registration. So within this phase, priority is given to those living within 1 km then 1-2 km and then the rest.
But usually alumni members almost always guaranteed a place cos how many members will have primary one child enrolling at the same time.

However, MOE may be reconsidering Alumini priority thing. Not sure, heard it on the news.

price
27-02-12, 09:07
Being an alumni helps definitely. Its in the earlier phase and so far, haven't heard of anyone who cannot get in through being an alumni. Maybe others can shed light on this... :spliff:

Haha! Being an old boy from an all boys school who isnt active in alumni matters does that help?

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:09
Alumni qualify you in Phase 2A if you have joined the alumni 1 year before registration. So within this phase, priority is given to those living within 1 km then 1-2 km and then the rest.
But usually alumni members almost always guaranteed a place cos how many members will have primary one child enrolling at the same time.

However, MOE may be reconsidering Alumini priority thing. Not sure, heard it on the news.Aren't you an alumni by status and not by registration?

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:11
Haha! Being an old boy from an all boys school who isnt active in alumni matters does that help?If need to be so active, then its simply a nice work for parent volunteer... Lol! :tongue3:

price
27-02-12, 09:16
If need to be so active, then its simply a nice work for parent volunteer... Lol! :tongue3:

lol! these days does $ donation still help? i remember dads trying to pay schools like ACSI, RI etc for a spot

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:18
Aren't you an alumni by status and not by registration?

Some schools did not have alumni association until recently.
So the old boys and girls have to register.

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:21
If need to be so active, then its simply a nice work for parent volunteer... Lol! :tongue3:

Alumini member is Phase 2A(1).
Parent volunteer is Phase 2B.

Alumini member almost never have to ballot. Almost confirm can get in.
Phase 2B in popular school, most of the time have to ballot.... no guarantee one.

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:24
Alumini member is Phase 2A(1).
Parent volunteer is Phase 2B.

Alumini member almost never have to ballot. Almost confirm can get in.
Phase 2B in popular school, most of the time have to ballot.... no guarantee one.Thx for your confirmation... alumni members don't need to be active lah and can almost guarantee a place... hahaha... if not no difference from Phase 2B. Lol! :)

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:25
For information on phases can go to MOE website.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/phases/

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:27
Thx for your confirmation... alumni members don't need to be active lah and can almost guarantee a place... hahaha... if not no difference from Phase 2B. Lol! :)

Yup, alumni members just get registered at least 1 year prior to child's application, then can already.

price
27-02-12, 09:32
Yup, alumni members just get registered at least 1 year prior to child's application, then can already.

Wow buttercarp ur children must be all in good schs :D

ekl2ekl2
27-02-12, 09:34
lol! these days does $ donation still help? i remember dads trying to pay schools like ACSI, RI etc for a spot

Donation allowed for Pri 1 reg in S'pore? Would be surprised if it is unless it is a multimillion donation and the sch names a building after donor.

Heard famous celebrities also have to do voluntary work to get their kids into branded schools.

buttercarp
27-02-12, 09:37
Wow buttercarp ur children must be all in good schs :D

No lah....
Just a relatively "branded" school in a neighbourhood cos my hubby was an old boy.
Btw.... we shifted just for their education;) .

ysyap
27-02-12, 09:41
No lah....
Just a relatively "branded" school in a neighbourhood cos my hubby was an old boy.
Btw.... we shifted just for their education;) .Good for u... my wife's got to do PV... :rolleyes:

price
27-02-12, 09:54
No lah....
Btw.... we shifted just for their education;) .

mind sharing which sch is that? :tongue3: SAS?

buttercarp
27-02-12, 10:23
mind sharing which sch is that? :tongue3: SAS?

LOL.....
Btw, I don't live in Woodlands so cannot be SAS.
SAS no need to ballot, right?

And.....my kids completed their primary school education so we moving on to another place soon in preparation for their future higher education!

price
27-02-12, 10:25
LOL.....
Btw, I don't live in Woodlands so cannot be SAS.
SAS no need to ballot, right?

And.....my kids completed their primary school education so we moving on to another place soon in preparation for their future higher education!

Wow! move for the sake of children's education. SAS = St Andrews.

So are you a parent who's pro JC or poly?

buttercarp
27-02-12, 10:28
Wow! move for the sake of children's education. SAS = St Andrews.

So are you a parent who's pro JC or poly?

LOL.... i tot SAS = singapore american school.

JC or poly.... the choice is theirs.
I hope they can get into NUS in future.
Cheaper and more convenient.

amk
27-02-12, 10:35
alamak this becomes kiasu parent thread.
price u r so young.... let me summarize this for you: it's ONLY relevant when your registration address (i.e. ur IC address) is within 1km of the school. All the other connections i.e. alumni / church / grassroot / parent volunteer / etc are always subject to MOE review. As of now MOE is reviewing "inactive alumni members", next probably will be "inactive grassroot leader" etc. :rolleyes:
and regardless of what you think "whether it's good to send kid to branded school", as far as property market is concerned, pty within 1km of a top school always has the support of kiasu parents. so you can almost say there is a "floor" for the price. definitely a factor worth considering when choosing your next pty.

now to the more interesting stuff: how is this selling ? 65 only ??

graveyard
27-02-12, 10:39
price u r so young.... let me summarize this for you: it's ONLY relevant when your registration address (i.e. ur IC address) is within 1km of the school. All the other connections i.e. alumni / church / grassroot / parent volunteer / etc are always subject to MOE review. As of now MOE is reviewing "inactive alumni members", next probably will be "inactive grassroot leader" etc. :rolleyes:
and regardless of what you think "whether it's good to send kid to branded school", as far as property market is concerned, pty within 1km of a top school always has the support of kiasu parents. so you can almost say there is a "floor" for the price. definitely a factor worth considering when choosing your next pty.

HAAA. kiasu parent thread

price
27-02-12, 10:45

I'm a kiasu singaporean / parent to be in 5-10 years time! :D relevant to me!

ysyap
27-02-12, 11:04
now to the more interesting stuff: how is this selling ? 65 only ??65 is based on Sat's sales... I'm sure its much more than that by Sun night... Even the project at Lim Tua Tow is hitting 3 digits sales volume. :cheers6:

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 12:39
My parents never move for me and just enrol me in nearby neighbourhood school i still got 263 for PSLE and was neck and neck with the top gal in school... Lose to gal... Sian :s
It shows that dont mean you enrol in top school you will do great and in so so school you do shit la...

graveyard
27-02-12, 12:58
My parents never move for me and just enrol me in nearby neighbourhood school i still got 263 for PSLE and was neck and neck with the top gal in school... Lose to gal... Sian :s
It shows that dont mean you enrol in top school you will do great and in so so school you do shit la...

waa 263. bravoooo :cheers4: :cheers4:

gn108
27-02-12, 13:37
So what happened to the girl?
Married her? If you did, your offspring sure Gifted liao ...

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 13:37
waa 263. bravoooo :cheers4: :cheers4:
This kind of results very common today right? Kids today have all the headstart and ammo... I never ever had tuition in my life. No such luxury...

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 13:40
So what happened to the girl?
Married her? If you did, your offspring sure Gifted liao ...
She not my interest la... She quite the big size somemore. At least bigger than me lor. My interest is another... Only managed pen pals stage... Never progress beyond. Lost touch after upper sec...

ysyap
27-02-12, 13:55
This kind of results very common today right? Kids today have all the headstart and ammo... I never ever had tuition in my life. No such luxury...Such results are common as in every other year, there'll definitely be students getting them. But in terms of the percentage of students who score > 263 in any one year is not that common! I know of students who got two digit score for PSLE aggregate! ;)

gn108
27-02-12, 14:08
Use FaceBk or Linkedin - sure can trace and hook back.
Who knows maybe went for London Wt Loss program ...

Some of my buddies went thro' that stage ...results were hilarious...

She not my interest la... She quite the big size somemore. At least bigger than me lor. My interest is another... Only managed pen pals stage... Never progress beyond. Lost touch after upper sec...

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 14:15
Use FaceBk or Linkedin - sure can trace and hook back.
Who knows maybe went for London Wt Loss program ...

Some of my buddies went thro' that stage ...results were hilarious...
Eh even lose weight also not my cup of tea la. Unless cosmetic surgery? Lol ok seriously OT... The end

chiaberry
27-02-12, 14:20
Hello everybody, remember Ministry is reviewing policy for Primary 1 registration. The policy may have changed by the time this project has TOPed so don't bank on your chances of getting your kids in. Even with current policy may need to ballot esp if there are going to be more developments in this area.

ysyap
27-02-12, 14:31
Hello everybody, remember Ministry is reviewing policy for Primary 1 registration. The policy may have changed by the time this project has TOPed so don't bank on your chances of getting your kids in. Even with current policy may need to ballot esp if there are going to be more developments in this area.Sigh... me worried.. my son depend on alumni so no need PV... if they change, then I jia lat lah... need to do PV... Keeping my fingers crossed! :doh:

chiaberry
27-02-12, 14:40
ysyap

Really need to keep yr fingers crossed. There are a lot of ppl saying that alumni should not be given priority.....

Hmmm....who knows maybe there could be entrance exams?

I remember after I was in kindergarten in KL, I had an exam to get into one of the schools (Bukit Bintang Girls School).

When I came back to Singapore having been overseas for all of my Pri education, I had to sit a series of exam papers to get into SCGS (Singapore Chinese Girls School). That was in the middle of Sec 2.

That would be interesting eh?