PDA

View Full Version : Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Pages : 1 [2]

landex
04-06-14, 23:56
Landex, when did u submit ur cheques? Just wonder how long to take on the clearance

cheque needs at least 3 days to clear so pay via cashier's order if you want to shorten the lead time

Coffeelemonine
05-06-14, 01:00
I submitted the cashier order to my solicitor last Mon, 2 June 2014. When I called this morning to make arrangement to collect key, he said no update yet on clearance. Sigh..

icefish
05-06-14, 13:28
I just made the payment yesterday. So I guess it will be an even longer wait..

Does anyone know if this area is clear of all those red lights activities?
This can be quite disturbing for all of us staying here I suppose..

espeyap
05-06-14, 15:36

Your cheque is only one aspect, more important is your disbursement of your bank loan to the developer. That will take atleast 7 working days after your lawyer giving notice to your bank.

landex
05-06-14, 15:53
Your cheque is only one aspect, more important is your disbursement of your bank loan to the developer. That will take atleast 7 working days after your lawyer giving notice to your bank.

That's correct. i paid fee for bank to expedite release of funds and my lawyer was very helpful to assist in the entire process.

landex
05-06-14, 18:57

There are two ‘red houses’, one on lorong 28 and the other at lorong 30, each within 75m of GE entrance. Both I believe are for outcall. This two lorongs is a lot less complicated than the smaller numbered lorongs and in time, I believe these will go.

icefish
05-06-14, 19:01
There are two ‘red houses’, one on lorong 28 and the other at lorong 30, each within 75m of GE entrance. Both I believe are for outcall. This two lorongs is a lot less complicated than the smaller numbered lorongs and in time, I believe these will go.

Thanks for the reassurance :)

Hope gahmen will revamp Geylang, starting by getting rid of all the red light activities.

landex
05-06-14, 21:20
Thanks for the reassurance :)

Hope gahmen will revamp Geylang, starting by getting rid of all the red light activities.

realistically, every major city globally will have a red light district; after all it is one of man's oldest trade so it would not disappear. As long as it is controlled and does not get into our daily lives, it would be fine. :)

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 12:53
Received a lot of advertisement letters from property agents recently. so annoying......

Coffeelemonine
07-06-14, 15:55
Collected keys just now. A few agents were onsite too. Offering help to check defects and to advertise for rent/sell

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:08
Collected keys just now. A few agents were onsite too. Offering help to check defects and to advertise for rent/sell

I was there just now too. Go and view a lot of units, many not lock at all. After looking at my unit, just feel a bit small and the work is not ready yet.

Anyway, I will start planning of how to renovate with some photos taken.

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:18
I was there just now too. Go and view a lot of units, many not lock at all. After looking at my unit, just feel a bit small and the work is not ready yet.

Anyway, I will start planning of how to renovate with some photos taken.
Attached

icefish
07-06-14, 18:22
Attached

Bro, how big is your unit?
How's the swimming pool?

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:23
Attached

Photo...

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:28
More photos

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:30
Bro, how big is your unit?
How's the swimming pool?

Mine is one beder penthouse (775sqft)

icefish
07-06-14, 18:34
Mine is one beder penthouse (775sqft)

Thanks! Mine is a 560 2-bdr. Haven't got the keys yet.
Could be real small come to think of it now..

The swimming looks decent though.

espeyap
07-06-14, 18:37

I also just try my luck, drive there and the Guard just open the gate for me , and I just drive in. Those units that are ready will be locked, but some units are not locked.

espeyap
07-06-14, 19:52
More photo

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 20:00
Thank you for the photos how lucky you are. They let you in I also want to try my luck tomorrow although I haven't yet been informed of keys collection. Can't wait to see more. Btw. What is the height of the room? Are there many defects?

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 20:13

Hi neighbor, mine is a 560sqf 2 bedder too. May I know you bought for investment or own stay? Mine is for own stay:)

icefish
07-06-14, 20:17
Hi neighbor, mine is a 560sqf 2 bedder too. May I know you bought for investment or own stay? Mine is for own stay:)

I'm still deciding :)
Happened to look through the rent quotation on propertyguru site, and I must say the rates are not very attractive nowadays.. Can't hit the 3k mark.

Glad to hear you will be staying there. Just alone or with your spouse?

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 20:20
OMG, cannot sleep tonight, cannot wait to rush down to take a look at the real unit ( curious how small it would be) but at this time they might reject the view. To be honest the swimming pool looks to me is not very pretty from the photos, lack some feelings. the colors are too simple and does not match well ( a bit boring).

espeyap
07-06-14, 20:36
Thank you for the photos how lucky you are. They let you in I also want to try my luck tomorrow although I haven't yet been informed of keys collection. Can't wait to see more. Btw. What is the height of the room? Are there many defects?

I did not measure it, but i guess is about 3.2 meter without false ceiling. With ceiling board at kitchen area I think should be around 2.6 meter.

I think there should be quite a lot of defect. For my unit, it is not ready yet. Worker still patching up tile that is not properly done. I suspect there is water seepage issue.

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 20:44
I'm still deciding :)
Happened to look through the rent quotation on propertyguru site, and I must say the rates are not very attractive nowadays.. Can't hit the 3k mark.

Glad to hear you will be staying there. Just alone or with your spouse? With my hubby. This little apparent is initially purchased for renting out more than own stay ( we are currently living in HDB) But I changed my mind as feeling not very good to let stranger use my brand new apartment. Hehe. So After renovated two of us will move in. Plan to stay for a few years then rent out. We are 小只, believe 560psf is adequate. Yeah I also notice the rent is rang 2.5k-2.9k a bit lower for a new flat.

icefish
07-06-14, 20:51
With my hubby. This little apparent is initially purchased for renting out more than own stay ( we are currently living in HDB) But I changed my mind as feeling not very good to let stranger use my brand new apartment. Hehe. So After renovated two of us will move in. Plan to stay for a few years then rent out. We are 小只, believe 560psf is adequate. Yeah I also notice the rent is rang 2.5k-2.9k a bit lower for a new flat.

Very nice :)

Looking forward to read your review on your new apartment!
I don't think I be getting the keys so soon.. Not for another week or 2.

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 23:43
:simmering:
Very nice :)

Looking forward to read your review on your new apartment!
I don't think I be getting the keys so soon.. Not for another week or 2.

Must can lah, don't worry. Believe most of us can collect by next week as long as u already gave the cashier' order to lawyer last week. My layer told me she already reimbursed my cashier's order yesterday and normally need 3 days to process, so planning to call the guy to make appointment on next Thursday. Hope can get the key next Saturday:)

GE Purchaser
07-06-14, 23:55
I did not measure it, but i guess is about 3.2 meter without false ceiling. With ceiling board at kitchen area I think should be around 2.6 meter.

I think there should be quite a lot of defect. For my unit, it is not ready yet. Worker still patching up tile that is not properly done. I suspect there is water seepage issue.

Great to know the height is not that low, but yours is penthouse must be a bit higher than our normal ones lah. Sigh. Still worrying......until the day see the real unit.

Sorry to know ur apartment have some inproper works. such problem should be temparary, all in all developer should know there must be many defects due to rushing so much for TOP and get them fixed without fail.

landex
08-06-14, 00:24
I also just try my luck, drive there and the Guard just open the gate for me , and I just drive in. Those units that are ready will be locked, but some units are not locked.

Good to hear you got to walk around today. :)

The security was lax on Sat. The guard seem to be letting whoever that drove into the carpark without asking for unit number. I hope this is temporary and not a reflection of the security standard.

landex
08-06-14, 00:33

The penhouses are not ready yet, the doors are all over and I believe you would have seen some of them besides your own. Not sure what they doing with the tiling at the roof top, it is same for many penhouses.

Also noticed it very easy to see your neighbour when you stand at the jacuzzi area, however developer had given this some thought and staggered the jacuzzi such that it will not be side by side with your neighbour

landex
08-06-14, 02:13
here are some pics

sharean
08-06-14, 11:43
More photos

Thank you very much for the photos...I am so excited now. Should be able to get my key.

irisng
08-06-14, 11:49
Congratulation to all owners.:cheers4:

landex
08-06-14, 13:40

Hope you managed to get in today. False ceiling at dining to living area. i didn't measure the height but it's high enough.

Master room depth is 8ft as per plan, 7ft for bed and you left with 1ft between end of bed and walk.

GE Purchaser
09-06-14, 08:43
Hope you managed to get in today. False ceiling at dining to living area. i didn't measure the height but it's high enough.

Master room depth is 8ft as per plan, 7ft for bed and you left with 1ft between end of bed and walk.

Thank you. I not only successfully got in GE, but also successfully entered my unit ( luckily it was unlocked, but unluckily saw our toilet was used by someone, gross!).

Happy to find:

1. Room is actually quite livable, not that small as I imaged.

2. Living / dining / bedrooms height are 2.9-3.2m. not bad not bad.

3. Not as many defaults as I thought.

Sad to find:

1. Both bedrooms width are only 2.4m, we already ordered king size mattresses and bed frame. King size bed is 2.3m long, only left 0.1m for walking. OMG.

2. Width of my 3 balconies are only 80cm. You can imagine how narrow they are. Headache to seek small outdoor table / chair to fit in.

3. The heater of air com are located in a very small closed room outside my living room window which is quite lousy design compare to those unit with outdoor heater. Worried how many years my air con can last.

Anyway, the exciting feeling is surpassing disappointing. kitchen looks small but very decent and functional. Glad to see no indoor trash drop inside kitchen.

babyt
09-06-14, 09:10
when u brought ur unit, u didnt check ur floorplan on the width of the balcony and masterbed room size? sldnt have deviated very much. :confused:

icefish
09-06-14, 11:32
Thank you. I not only successfully got in GE, but also successfully entered my unit ( luckily it was unlocked, but unluckily saw our toilet was used by someone, gross!).

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

1. Both bedrooms width are only 2.4m, we already ordered king size mattresses and bed frame. King size bed is 2.3m long, only left 0.1m for walking. OMG.

2. Width of my 3 balconies are only 80cm. You can imagine how narrow they are. Headache to seek small outdoor table / chair to fit in.

3. The heater of air com are located in a very small closed room outside my living room window which is quite lousy design compare to those unit with outdoor heater. Worried how many years my air con can last.

Anyway, the exciting feeling is surpassing disappointing. kitchen looks small but very decent and functional. Glad to see no indoor trash drop inside kitchen.

Thanks for the heads up! This is very informative :)

Bedrooms only width 2.4m?! Really how to walk now. LOL. Maybe a super single bed will do the trick.

Balconies only 80cm. Now I really need to think of how to utilize it. But I think most of the time is to hanging the laundry.

landex
09-06-14, 13:07

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

oh great you saw your own unit, surprised it is unlocked as i thought only the PH were unlocked.

Guess for your bed, if you can remove the headboard that would help, else eh you need to roll over your bed to get across :p

Personally for me, 80cm width for balcony is just nice, any bigger it would eat into my living room space.

For aircon, i think there is an exhuast system to channel the warm exhaust to 8 floor roof, not as good as outdoor facing units but hopefully wouldn't give your aircon any trouble.

espeyap
09-06-14, 19:53

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

What is your Unit facing? Those Units Facing Lor 30 or Pool facing toward Lor 30 will encounter afternoon sun. It is quite unbearable and very hot.

I was there again last Sunday too and do some measurement of my unit. Really quite hot.

irisng
09-06-14, 20:59
What is your Unit facing? Those Units Facing Lor 30 or Pool facing toward Lor 30 will encounter afternoon sun. It is quite unbearable and very hot.

I was there again last Sunday too and do some measurement of my unit. Really quite hot.

Will Casa Aerata be able to block your west sun?

For my apartment, I think it is blocked by a new building coming up, haven't gone down to see it around 3-4pm yet because I have already rented out my unit. Before the new building is built, the west sun shine right thru' our main door to the corridor.:doh: But if air-cond is on, actually the room is not that hot leh except that it is glaring but can always draw the curtains. Not to mention our S'pore hottest month around May, other than that, actually it is quite windy at times.

irisng
09-06-14, 21:07

Happy to find:

Sad to find:

Your agent didn't mention to you that you can only put Queen size bed in your master bedroom? Luckily my agent told me, otherwise I think I will also buy King size bed.:p

The total width of your balconies is 80cm or each of them is 80cm?

siewsphone
09-06-14, 22:07

Facing toward Lor 30 units are facing east right?

espeyap
09-06-14, 22:42
Facing toward Lor 30 units are facing east right?

Ya, correction, should be facing Lor 28.

irisng
10-06-14, 08:08
Will Casa Aerata be able to block your west sun?

For my apartment, I think it is blocked by a new building coming up, haven't gone down to see it around 3-4pm yet because I have already rented out my unit. Before the new building is built, the west sun shine right thru' our main door to the corridor.:doh: But if air-cond is on, actually the room is not that hot leh except that it is glaring but can always draw the curtains. Not to mention our S'pore hottest month around May, other than that, actually it is quite windy at times.

Sorry, there might have some misunderstanding with my expression. I did not buy a GE though I wish I'm also one of the owners.:ashamed1:

landex
10-06-14, 22:13
http://i60.tinypic.com/b5o55s.jpg

landex
14-06-14, 07:32
Hi GE Owners, anyone collected keys this week ?

espeyap
14-06-14, 23:29

I try to collect today, but they say no instruction given by HQ to release my unit. I believe, they are not ready yet. Anyway I will try next week. Likely to be next Saturday.

Coffeelemonine
15-06-14, 15:55
Went to check defect today. So far, so good. Some units facing pools are already furnished and with electricity. Pools are occupied even though 2pm/3pm. Carpark also half filled.

Coffeelemonine
15-06-14, 16:02
Gym is very very small. 2 treadmills, 1 cycle, 1 heavylifting and 1 more machine. Seem like gym, function room and reading room are not reading yet. Some tools (eg paintbrushes) are inside

landex
16-06-14, 02:08
espeyap, hope you get it on sat

Coffeelemonine, the swimming pool was full at 2pm ?

landex
16-06-14, 02:11
Gym is very very small. 2 treadmills, 1 cycle, 1 heavylifting and 1 more machine. Seem like gym, function room and reading room are not reading yet. Some tools (eg paintbrushes) are inside

yeah gym could have been bigger but the space is limited.

I asked when the yoga, function room and reading room would be ready, developer said they starting work there very soon, I was a little surprised they can get TOP without these being completed.

Letter box area at basement carpark needs some work too.

siewsphone
16-06-14, 10:06
I wonder where are all the swimmers from?

Went to check defect today. So far, so good. Some units facing pools are already furnished and with electricity. Pools are occupied even though 2pm/3pm. Carpark also half filled.

GE Purchaser
16-06-14, 13:40

I collected the key on last Friday, actually they called
me last Monday but my phone was out of battery so didn't answer. The next day when I called back they informed me can collect key and the appointment date will be two weeks later....... I told I couldn't wait so long time and need keys ASAP. so they adjusted my appointment to last Friday. So kind.

About the collection keys day- they showed me all of keys such as letter box etc, aircon controller, handbook, main gate scan card. Defect form etc. they told
Me so far already distributed keys to about 90+ units.80% of them will be for renting out.

About the defect- for my unit. My smart and detail ID helped us find out a lot of hollow floor area, scratch and hole on doors. Unsmoothly power switch, oh and I notice there is minor leaking problem in kitch and bathroom after open the water. Also noticed the door line between living and bedroom are rusty( why they don't use plastic material?) anyway already tendered the defected form to a India guy who promise will re-work everything from today, hope will see improved room on this Saturday.

About the renovation - according to GE management office, have to pay $1000 deposit prior to renovation ( so expensive right?)

About the facilities- yoga / function / reading room are still unfinished status, pairing box tools everywhere, asked management office they told me chairs will be moved in August and there will be no booking in reading room at all!!!( they suggest owners to donate). They are also waiting lucine for swimming pool so temparar only cannot use swimming pool.

Yesterday went GE again, happen to see a young couple looks like tenant in lift and heard they said they regret to buy a unit in this condo, they are so impressed of the unit facing to swimming pool, looks so convinient that they can even jump directly from forth floor to pool( OMG, can igage how noisy the unit facing pool will be)

GE Purchaser
16-06-14, 13:45
Sorry about typo and grammar errors ( in the working, no
Time to check-_-!)

GE Purchaser
16-06-14, 14:00

I asked when the yoga, function room and reading room would be ready, developer said they starting work there very soon, I was a little surprised they can get TOP without these being completed.

I got the same question too....
Maybe TOP is only for the unit not include the facilities.

There seems will be last final completion stage to go because I notice my bank still haven't yet released all the loan amount. ( still have 30% loan haven't yet paid to developer)

GE Purchaser
16-06-14, 14:15

Heard from GE Management office on last Froday that license still haven't yet been received from authorities for pool, how could it already be used? They don't fear skin itch?

GE Purchaser
16-06-14, 15:20
Last Saturday felt thirsty while checking defect at GE, so I went out to buy drinks, shocking to find it is so hard to find a nearby shop, the closest "shop" minght be a little vendor machine face to the entrance, so sad, so I recall and recall and recall but still no clue on where the closest shop is. at last I walked along the geylang road and finally found a NTUC shop which should be the closest shop but is at least 400m away. &@$#^¥£> suddenly feel I am so freaking lucky and spoil to live in HDB which Sengsong just downstairs

espeyap
16-06-14, 22:37

There seems will be last final completion stage to go because I notice my bank still haven't yet released all the loan amount. ( still have 30% loan haven't yet paid to developer)

How come you only paid 70%? We all should pay upto 85% by now.

Coffeelemonine
17-06-14, 06:51
7-eleven is around 200m away. It is 472 Geylang Road, which between Lorong 26 and 24A

irisng
17-06-14, 08:16
Last Saturday felt thirsty while checking defect at GE, so I went out to buy drinks, shocking to find it is so hard to find a nearby shop, the closest "shop" minght be a little vendor machine face to the entrance, so sad, so I recall and recall and recall but still no clue on where the closest shop is. at last I walked along the geylang road and finally found a NTUC shop which should be the closest shop but is at least 400m away. &@$#^¥£> suddenly feel I am so freaking lucky and spoil to live in HDB which Sengsong just downstairs

If I'm not wrong, GE has two exit, Lor 28 & Lor 30. Exit Lor 28 and walk towards Geylang side instead of Guillermard side, there is a coffeeshop at the corner but I think now is under renovation. Opposite Lor 28, also has a few coffee shops but need walking lor.

You are lucky, not everybody who live in HDB has shops just located at their blocks. Some also need to walk at least 5 to 10 mins.

merlion
17-06-14, 10:46
If I'm not wrong, GE has two exit, Lor 28 & Lor 30. Exit Lor 28 and walk towards Geylang side instead of Guillermard side, there is a coffeeshop at the corner but I think now is under renovation. Opposite Lor 28, also has a few coffee shops but need walking lor.

You are lucky, not everybody who live in HDB has shops just located at their blocks. Some also need to walk at least 5 to 10 mins.
Walk 400m towards Guillemard Road and there is the famous old airport road hawker centre.

irisng
17-06-14, 15:01
Walk 400m towards Guillemard Road and there is the famous old airport road hawker centre.

Yup but a bit far leh as compared to the coffeeshops opposite Lor 28.

H2O
17-06-14, 16:34
Yup but a bit far leh as compared to the coffeeshops opposite Lor 28.

U walk towards Geylang Road - across the road there is 1 kopi tiam. If u dun want to cross the road, walk in the direction of traffic, there is one provision shop call I-Tec.....all within 3 minutes walk from GE.

icefish
17-06-14, 17:30
Has anyone completed the defects checking and submitted the form? I heard they will take around 2-4 weeks to rectify the defects depending on the 'seriousness'.

I just have one question on this..
Can we still proceed with lights and curtain fittings while they are doing up the defects? Or is it better to wait after defects are cleared then we proceed?
:doh:

icefish
18-06-14, 17:30
U walk towards Geylang Road - across the road there is 1 kopi tiam. If u dun want to cross the road, walk in the direction of traffic, there is one provision shop call I-Tec.....all within 3 minutes walk from GE.

Lorong 29 got one quite famous fried hokkein mee :hungry:

irisng
18-06-14, 21:16
Lorong 29 got one quite famous fried hokkein mee :hungry:

I think I tried before. The queue was very long, but pardon me for saying that, I found that is just normal normal only leh, and is not cheap also. I prefer the coffeeshop next to it, sell steam dishes, like 猪脚, ginger chicken etc, not bad hor.

landex
19-06-14, 05:24

85% has been paid, only 15% left to pay. Didn't someone pay 15% for you :p

landex
19-06-14, 05:35
Has anyone completed the defects checking and submitted the form? I heard they will take around 2-4 weeks to rectify the defects depending on the 'seriousness'.

I just have one question on this..
Can we still proceed with lights and curtain fittings while they are doing up the defects? Or is it better to wait after defects are cleared then we proceed?
:doh:

Personally, I prefer to get my lights and curtains fixed up if it will take 2 - 4 weeks for rectification. However, check with the site staff as I understand they now only allow fixtures to be done after rectification

icefish
19-06-14, 11:24
Personally, I prefer to get my lights and curtains fixed up if it will take 2 - 4 weeks for rectification. However, check with the site staff as I understand they now only allow fixtures to be done after rectification

I had the curtains people come down to take the measurements and asked the lights people. And both parties recommended to proceed only after the rectifications as to avoid complications... :(

icefish
19-06-14, 13:57
I called up the developer to request for the floor plan of my unit (with measurements) but they are not able to provide. I was told they only can provide the floor plan picture but not the measurements.

I mean this is unacceptable right? We need the measurements so that we can look for furnitures and electrical appliances that will fit the unit. Yes, we can own self measure but what is so difficult for a developer to provide?

This is most frustrating.

irisng
19-06-14, 16:51
I had the curtains people come down to take the measurements and asked the lights people. And both parties recommended to proceed only after the rectifications as to avoid complications... :(

For my case, during the process of rectifications, I have some of my lighting up first so that in case we wanted to come and see our unit in the evening. Try not to do anything that needs hacking or drilling. For curtains, you can get it prepared first but don't hang up in case the workers might dirty it while working.
If there is some major defects eg floor cracking or have hole, try not to install anything near there in case they said that you dropped the things and damaged it.

icefish
19-06-14, 20:46
For my case, during the process of rectifications, I have some of my lighting up first so that in case we wanted to come and see our unit in the evening. Try not to do anything that needs hacking or drilling. For curtains, you can get it prepared first but don't hang up in case the workers might dirty it while working.
If there is some major defects eg floor cracking or have hole, try not to install anything near there in case they said that you dropped the things and damaged it.

Iris, thanks for sharing this valuable experience :)

irisng
19-06-14, 21:31

In fact, I also got lots of advice from our brothers and sisters here. Cheers to them too.:cheers4:

landex
21-06-14, 06:26
I called up the developer to request for the floor plan of my unit (with measurements) but they are not able to provide. I was told they only can provide the floor plan picture but not the measurements.

I mean this is unacceptable right? We need the measurements so that we can look for furnitures and electrical appliances that will fit the unit. Yes, we can own self measure but what is so difficult for a developer to provide?

This is most frustrating.

Unfortunately, measuring ourselves is the only way (some actually enjoy doing it). An easier way is to measure from the floor plan as it is a scaled drawing, however it is less accurate and you cannot measure fridge height for example from floor plan.

irisng
21-06-14, 07:45
Unfortunately, measuring ourselves is the only way (some actually enjoy doing it). An easier way is to measure from the floor plan as it is a scaled drawing, however it is less accurate and you cannot measure fridge height for example from floor plan.

We never based on the floor plan, we measured it ourselves. Even for curtains, we DIY it.

irisng
21-06-14, 08:02
Duplicate post.

irisng
21-06-14, 08:05

You must be prepared that during the rectification, the workers might use your toilet for "business" without flushing properly:simmering:. Then they might stay in your house to enjoy the aircond in the evening. This one, actually I'm not very sure, I suspect only :D. I found my pail in my master bedroom the next morning when I actually left it in the toilet. Then the plug was not switch off when we had actually switched it off before leaving, so maybe they used it to charge their handphones. Another day, I saw one of the workers sat at our balcony taking his tea break, this is actually ok for me. In fact when he saw us, he quickly stood up and wanted to leave but we asked him to carry on but he felt shy, haha.

landex
21-06-14, 13:34
We never based on the floor plan, we measured it ourselves. Even for curtains, we DIY it.

yeah, floor plan is not accurate. I did all the measurements myself except for curtains, curtain man measured, sewed and put it up for me.

irisng
21-06-14, 15:02
yeah, floor plan is not accurate. I did all the measurements myself except for curtains, curtain man measured, sewed and put it up for me.

It will look better to engage a professional to do it for you. My spouse like to do it himself, end result still not so bad leh, hehe. :ashamed1:

irisng
21-06-14, 18:50
It will look better to engage a professional to do it for you. My spouse like to do it himself, end result still not so bad leh, hehe. :ashamed1:

Incorrect post

Arcachon
21-06-14, 21:39
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10475593_10203325250144368_6547753599412427046_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10490157_10203332679690102_1648209963_n.jpg?oh=2f06eb2afcd66233399d7a5c4d6d8711&oe=53A78555&__gda__=1403488772_e1b03418211f429b61ec5ef304bea6b9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10482897_10203332680690127_65906678_n.jpg?oh=c0058f47f0046495fb89a7ecaff0aba7&oe=53A80241&__gda__=1403498977_5856375d43f5851c40d8b824dcb52774

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/t34.0-12/986667_10203332679610100_1109357083_n.jpg?oh=9b4b004cb229c55b2629f07ecf1239d3&oe=53A78617&__gda__=1403496108_6e2d28b3a2d48706d1f4ed722f14b1a6

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203325250144368&set=pcb.765360476817469&type=1&theater

Guillemard Edge
38 Lorong 30 Geylang
Limited unit in the whole project.
1 +1 penthouse unit for rent.
can be fully furnish or unfurnish.
can move-in within 2 weeks or longer , all depend on your Tenant
asking 3k yet neg.
very nice landlord ,
all term can be discuss.

Khoosm
22-06-14, 15:45
realistically, every major city globally will have a red light district; after all it is one of man's oldest trade so it would not disappear. As long as it is controlled and does not get into our daily lives, it would be fine. :)

As far as I know, government will not renew their license to operate from lorong 20 and above with effect from last year.

Arcachon
22-06-14, 16:48
http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Containing-Commercial-Sex-to-Designated-Red-Light-Areas.pdf

landex
23-06-14, 06:21
As far as I know, government will not renew their license to operate from lorong 20 and above with effect from last year.

How long are their license valid for ?

icefish
01-07-14, 10:41
This forum has been down for a few days.. Finally UP.

merlion
01-07-14, 11:08
This forum has been down for a few days.. Finally UP.

Yeah. Finally!

landex
01-07-14, 22:54
i lost 2 - 3 private messages and i think Khoosm replied to me above but that post disappeared !

landex
01-07-14, 23:05
Hi all, i bought an extra 39' lcd tv, anyone who is looking for a tv of this size, please pm me for details. thanks

icefish
06-07-14, 21:45
Looks like those units facing the pool are having a more spacious balcony..

ecimbew
06-07-14, 23:20
You must be prepared that during the rectification, the workers might use your toilet for "business" without flushing properly:simmering:. Then they might stay in your house to enjoy the aircond in the evening. This one, actually I'm not very sure, I suspect only :D. I found my pail in my master bedroom the next morning when I actually left it in the toilet. Then the plug was not switch off when we had actually switched it off before leaving, so maybe they used it to charge their handphones. Another day, I saw one of the workers sat at our balcony taking his tea break, this is actually ok for me. In fact when he saw us, he quickly stood up and wanted to leave but we asked him to carry on but he felt shy, haha.

Yes exactly. Riverbay has one unit 1x- 06. It is going to TOP soon yet that unit is used by workers to sleep, bath and play at night.

Noexit
06-07-14, 23:28
Yes exactly. Riverbay has one unit 1x- 06. It is going to TOP soon yet that unit is used by workers to sleep, bath and play at night.

Wow u super this you also know

eddarwin
07-07-14, 09:54
anybody got problems with defects rectification?
i tot my unit looked better before they started working on the defects

they changed a faulty socket but now i can see finger prints on the cement wall which previously was nicely done

there was a crack on my wall, i dunno what did they do but the finishing paint job was badly done

still have a host of other defects waiting repair, hope the rest doesnt destroy my unit

icefish
07-07-14, 10:06
anybody got problems with defects rectification?
i tot my unit looked better before they started working on the defects

they changed a faulty socket but now i can see finger prints on the cement wall which previously was nicely done

there was a crack on my wall, i dunno what did they do but the finishing paint job was badly done

still have a host of other defects waiting repair, hope the rest doesnt destroy my unit

Hi bro, I think this is unacceptable and you should bring it up to Govin (the PIC I think).

eddarwin
07-07-14, 11:37
definitely will raise defects again.

just wondering if anyone got similar experience

SQ008
07-07-14, 12:58
Is this project by Macly ?

GE Purchaser
31-07-14, 21:19

But most of the unit with bigger balcony facing pool don't have the Home office that 'a why you can see most of them have to set the dinning table outside in balcony, i really feel speechless about the designer of this condo, cannot they give a slightly more satisfied design, I remember at the day of lunching, I am so interested about the units facing the pool, but after check the layout I give up.

GE Purchaser
31-07-14, 21:27

But most of the unit with bigger balcony facing pool don't have the Home office that 'a why you can see most of them have to set the dinning table outside in balcony, i really feel speechless about the designer of this condo, cannot they give a slightly more satisfied design, I remember at the day of lunching, I am so interested about the units facing the pool, but after check the layout I give up.

GE Purchaser
31-07-14, 21:47
My unit is currently under renovation, I am going to instal decking in balcony, decorate all the rooms with wallpaper and block-out light curtains, origianlly I am going to romove the stupid looking wall in balcony just like unit 05-26( if I am not wrong), but checked with management office this is not approved unless after 1 year all the necessary inspection are done and approval is finally received for the condo then maybe can romove the wall, Speaking of management office, I quite like Miss Frawny's response and service, I submitted the application for renovation in very short notice and request to start urgently before Goast festival, she granted the approval on the spot which is so great. Btw, I also removed the developer build-in wardrobe in bedroom 2 and going to ask my ID to instal a full height wardrobe.

SQ008
09-08-14, 16:24
Make sure don't get into legal law suit with Macly as in the case of one of the owners of Thomson V.

landex
16-08-14, 23:55
My unit is currently under renovation, I am going to instal decking in balcony, decorate all the rooms with wallpaper and block-out light curtains, origianlly I am going to romove the stupid looking wall in balcony just like unit 05-26( if I am not wrong), but checked with management office this is not approved unless after 1 year all the necessary inspection are done and approval is finally received for the condo then maybe can romove the wall, Speaking of management office, I quite like Miss Frawny's response and service, I submitted the application for renovation in very short notice and request to start urgently before Goast festival, she granted the approval on the spot which is so great. Btw, I also removed the developer build-in wardrobe in bedroom 2 and going to ask my ID to instal a full height wardrobe.

Is your reno done and have you moved in ?

siewsphone
20-08-14, 12:07
How is my GE neighbors doing so far?

Btw does the management charge a fee for using the BBQ pit?

icefish
23-08-14, 12:50
Anyone of you find the duct very noisy?

I have asked the maintenance people a couple of times to look into this.
Recently Govin told me they have fixed the problem by sealing the window tighter.
But it was still noisy last night when I went down to check :frown-new:

Now thinking of replacing it with sound proof window which some friends told me can greatly reduce the noise. But that will cost...

landex
24-08-14, 16:57
Received by property tax, annual value $18,000 for one bedder 441 sq ft.

Anyone else received it and I your AV the same ?

eddarwin
25-08-14, 09:46
Landex, my 409 sqft has the same AV.
Common, 409sqft and 441 sqft has different rental value, 409 sqft should have lower AV than 441 :frown-new:

Icefish, the duct is noisy but its ok once I close the window

icefish
25-08-14, 21:53
Landex, my 409 sqft has the same AV.
Common, 409sqft and 441 sqft has different rental value, 409 sqft should have lower AV than 441 :frown-new:

Icefish, the duct is noisy but its ok once I close the window

Eddarwin, I closed the window but still noisy.. Especially in the evening at night time :(
I'm not sure what the maintenance people can still do to improve... Lost..

espeyap
29-08-14, 23:23
Received by property tax, annual value $18,000 for one bedder 441 sq ft.

Anyone else received it and I your AV the same ?

My 775 sqft is 24,000.

GE Purchaser
14-09-14, 00:47
Dear neighbors, just curious how your living is in the new apartment in GE. I am piss off by the useless and helpless security. They just let anyone come in without checking and other necessary information, and I noticed they also let any people visited noisy temple opposite to walk in or park their vehicles FREE in our condo without getting permit( actually it shouldn't be allowed, am I right) What a serious problem! I mean I paid maintainance fee to the so called maintainance found every month just for what? Of course for at least condo service. If these people can free park in this condo anywhere anytime without stopping them then who is responsible and paying damage cost brought by them? Is this a condone HDB? Are we paying salary to security do such suck service? So angry. Last weekend night I saw two persons walk from temple opposite the street into condo (guess they are going to drive their free-parking car away) what a convenience. I immediately ask that night shift security why he didn't check, he said he also noticed but he also didn't know and he will check in future. Tonight my husband saw a group of people walk in to condo from opposite temple again and about to drive their car away my hubby ask security to stop their vehicle but security treat my husband like a air and still let these outside people go in and go out without any checking. Seriously will complain it to management office next Monday see what their answer is? Hope security didn't take any $$ from temple to offer their so "convenient" service and management office will have a urgent solution to stop it. And learnt from this lesson that in future will never ever buy any property from a unknown developer cause small developer don't care owner and don't have any professional standard and even the security' service we are paying for is a big joke!

GE Purchaser
14-09-14, 00:57
Is your reno done and have you moved in ?

Hi, already finish and moved in 3 weeks ago. Quite excused and tried by these Reno thing but happy to live in the new house, feel all time and emerge worth it, now every morning I got direct bus to office in town in 20 min and save a lot of time on the road. So I feel quite satisfied just two things bothers me. One is noise, unbelievable and unacceptable dog barking, drum, ugly singing sound from the temple just opposite to the entrance of Condo, and seems temple owner got quite good relationship with security ( or management office). I saw security even let his customer to free park or walk in without any checking. Going to complain it to management office cause the security here is the most sucks I have ever met in my life

GE Purchaser
14-09-14, 01:00
My 775 sqft is 24,000.

My 560sqf unit also around this number

irisng
14-09-14, 08:52
Dear neighbors, just curious how your living is in the new apartment in GE. I am piss off by the useless and helpless security. They just let anyone come in without checking and other necessary information, and I noticed they also let any people visited noisy temple opposite to walk in or park their vehicles FREE in our condo without getting permit( actually it shouldn't be allowed, am I right) What a serious problem! I mean I paid maintainance fee to the so called maintainance found every month just for what? Of course for at least condo service. If these people can free park in this condo anywhere anytime without stopping them then who is responsible and paying damage cost brought by them? Is this a condone HDB? Are we paying salary to security do such suck service? So angry. Last weekend night I saw two persons walk from temple opposite the street into condo (guess they are going to drive their free-parking car away) what a convenience. I immediately ask that night shift security why he didn't check, he said he also noticed but he also didn't know and he will check in future. Tonight my husband saw a group of people walk in to condo from opposite temple again and about to drive their car away my hubby ask security to stop their vehicle but security treat my husband like a air and still let these outside people go in and go out without any checking. Seriously will complain it to management office next Monday see what their answer is? Hope security didn't take any $$ from temple to offer their so "convenient" service and management office will have a urgent solution to stop it. And learnt from this lesson that in future will never ever buy any property from a unknown developer cause small developer don't care owner and don't have any professional standard and even the security' service we are paying for is a big joke!

Could it be that GE is still new, so security is not so tight yet because there will be more and more new residents and agents going in and out of the building.

Some security guards are too strict while some are not. My 1st batch of security guards were sooooo " g o o d " that they allowed "someone" to come straight to my house at around 11pm without intercom/inform me. :banghead::doh: Then we had a 2nd batch of security guards who were so strict that even KFC delivery, they also intercom us. I wonder how secured is security, I think most of the condos, the visitors only need to tell the security guards the unit number and they will be allowed to go in without the guard checking with the owners. So I wonder if "someone" knows any unit number in the building, is it means that they can go in and out of the building anytime?

Arcachon
14-09-14, 15:04

Breakdown the problem into small pieces and solve it one at a time.

1. Take down the security guard name, the date of incident.
2. Ask which company he belong to.
3. Call the company.
4. No improvement, inform the company you will help them advertise their good service in the social media.

espeyap
14-09-14, 18:19
Breakdown the problem into small pieces and solve it one at a time.

1. Take down the security guard name, the date of incident.
2. Ask which company he belong to.
3. Call the company.
4. No improvement, inform the company you will help them advertise their good service in the social media.

Security Guards are normally the main problem in most of the condo. I suggest inform the MA.
And pressure the MA to make improvement and enforce the rule and regulation.

Next time, you should join as Council Member once the MCST is formed.

siewsphone
15-09-14, 15:36
That's the reason why I prefer a condo with the gate closed all the time, only can be opened if your car is equipped with the device.

irisng
17-09-14, 08:49
Hi, already finish and moved in 3 weeks ago. Quite excused and tried by these Reno thing but happy to live in the new house, feel all time and emerge worth it, now every morning I got direct bus to office in town in 20 min and save a lot of time on the road. So I feel quite satisfied just two things bothers me. One is noise, unbelievable and unacceptable dog barking, drum, ugly singing sound from the temple just opposite to the entrance of Condo, and seems temple owner got quite good relationship with security ( or management office). I saw security even let his customer to free park or walk in without any checking. Going to complain it to management office cause the security here is the most sucks I have ever met in my life

Your unit is facing directly the temple?

IMHO, beside the noise, you might be able to smell the "smoke" when they are burning the incense paper during the 1st and 15th day of the month or special occasions. But if yours is on the high floor, maybe not so bad. Once you are used to it, I think it should be ok.

martialsin
17-09-14, 10:31
Install an autogate. get rid of the guards.

GE Purchaser
31-10-14, 21:40
Dear neighbors, security guard here got a little bit improvement although a lot of room to improve.

GE Purchaser
31-10-14, 21:41
Hopefully I can stay peacefully for at least 1 or 2 years before I sell away this new house

Tomutomi
24-08-16, 01:23
got few airbnb there so the bo chap security guard is a blessing for them :p

print14
02-06-18, 23:34
Hi , Any owner from guillemard edge want to sell their 1 bedded penthouse 861 sq ft or 1001 sq ft ?