PDA

View Full Version : How is the rental MKT..any bro got problem renting ur apt?

radha08
08-01-12, 16:23
Just curious since everybody says got STRONg rental demand...what is
your personal experience renting your property or perhaps got some interesting story to tell about rental mkt demand...

;)

i talking about 2/3 bedder mass mkt kind of condo d15/16/17/18/19...that kinda thing...:o

mcmlxxvi
08-01-12, 16:45
Just curious since everybody says got STRONg rental demand...what is
your personal experience renting your property or perhaps got some interesting story to tell about rental mkt demand...

;)

i talking about 2/3 bedder mass mkt kind of condo d15/16/17/18/19...that kinda thing...:o
Off focus but friends 1br MM in TK easily renew tenant for higher rent just few days back...

radha08
08-01-12, 17:15
Off focus but friends 1br MM in TK easily renew tenant for higher rent just few days back...

yup tats wat i thot everybody say MM going to crash but rental of small units still good...plus tenant base are singles with good income...and no commitments...:2cents: ...so got $$ to pay...

mcmlxxvi
08-01-12, 17:54
yup tats wat i thot everybody say MM going to crash but rental of small units still good...plus tenant base are singles with good income...and no commitments...:2cents: ...so got $$ to pay...
You are so right. Tenant is a single local!

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 18:43
take note i never say mm, private condo or hdb will crash.

my take is only landed is the one goin to crash hard. signs are out liao with many asking 10% below valuation now. u can check property sites like propertyguru.

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 18:49
you may think i m far fetched. but now is the time i can reveal to you why. the past 3 years saw landed surged more than 500psf. i suspect majority of these are fueled by local investors not intended for own stay. they will be the first to be burnt contrary to popular belief that they are rich and hence resilient to the downturn. you know how many owners are there to each new speculative landed property for the past 3 years?

I rest my case. good luck.

samsara
08-01-12, 18:53
Bro, which landed property are you eyeing? :D

you may think i m far fetched. but now is the time i can reveal to you why. the past 3 years saw landed surged more than 500psf. i suspect majority of these are fueled by local investors not intended for own stay. they will be the first to be burnt contrary to popular belief that they are rich and hence resilient to the downturn. you know how many owners are there to each new speculative landed property for the past 3 years?

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 18:54
Bro, which landed property are you eyeing? :D

i am eyeing bukit timah all the way to newton.:cheers4:

samsara
08-01-12, 18:55
Got chance but got to wait quite a bit. :p

i am eyeing bukit timah near newton.

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 18:56
Got chance but got to wait quite a bit. :p

agree with u brother. i am ready to wait 2 full years.:cheers4:

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 18:59
10% below value for this place is a good start:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8514871/for-sale-266-dunearn-road

samsara
08-01-12, 18:59
Actually may need to wait until 2016. But what happens then will also bring a lot of other things down. Need to hedge against the drop in our currency as well. A basket of RMB, CHF and RM perhaps?

agree with u brother. i am ready to wait 2 full years.:cheers4:

samsara
08-01-12, 19:01
I think the valuation indicated is just the highest verbal quote from the banks. Formal valuation may not yield the same figure.

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 19:04
Actually may need to wait until 2016. But what happens then will also bring a lot of other things down. Need to hedge against the drop in our currency as well. A basket of RMB, CHF and RM perhaps?

thanks for ur tips, brother. i had started with chf last august, but hesitant to go into rmb or usd. may consider myr, but want to make absolutely sure najib is sending the correct messages first :)

samsara
08-01-12, 19:12
For MYR, I think can start accumulating but at a snail's pace for now. Can pick up speed / scale back after the 2012/2013 MY elections.

I am exploring US properties.

thanks for ur tips, brother. i had started with chf last august, but hesitant to go into rmb or usd. may consider myr, but want to make absolutely sure najib is sending the correct messages first :)

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 19:24
For MYR, I think can start accumulating but at a snail's pace for now. Can pick up speed / scale back after the 2012/2013 MY elections.

I am exploring US properties.

basic and many professional anal-lists got the timing wrong. they tok 2012-2013 is the crash. i think that would not happen because of japan's need to rebuild. the tsunami had taken away many electronics under the ocean. this demand will come back with a vegenance this quarter hence heralding the greatest mega boom of 2012. ur timeframe is more correct.

samsara
08-01-12, 19:27
The US should be leading the world out of the woods. If they get a republican president this round, the mega boom deal should be sealed.

basic and many professional anal-lists got the timing wrong. they tok 2012-2013 is the crash. i think that would not happen because of japan's need to rebuild. the tsunami had taken away many electronics under the ocean. this demand will come back this quarter hence heralding the greatest mega boom of 2012. ur timeframe is more correct.

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 19:30
The US should be leading the world out of the woods. If they get a republican president this round, the mega boom deal should be sealed.

hopefully. but i am very fearful now of the power of social media, which should not be given to the blue collars in the first place.

samsara
08-01-12, 19:32
What they giveth, they can taketh.

hopefully. but i am very fearful now of the power of social media, which should not be given to the blue collars in the first place.

blackjack21trader
08-01-12, 19:36
What they giveth, they can taketh.

nice chatting with u brother samsara. the most handsome man on planet earth gotta go attend a meeting now. cya soon :)

kane
08-01-12, 20:08
nice chatting with u brother samsara. the most handsome man on planet earth gotta go attend a meeting now. cya soon :)

meeting on the sunday night? you are very hardworking.

Laguna
08-01-12, 20:13
some readings to share share

1. with the latest controls in the supply of MM, ie, the 3 zones on TK, Joo Chiat and Kovan areas and those with plot ratio of 1.4. The supply is going to be not so huge in future

2. with the SSD, those bot from August last year will not sell till 4 full years later, this will create a vacuum in the supply market.

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:01
plenty of rental viewings for my prop but not sure if anyone gonna bite
some quite interested though :o

radha08
08-01-12, 21:10
take note i never say mm, private condo or hdb will crash.

my take is only landed is the one goin to crash hard. signs are out liao with many asking 10% below valuation now. u can check property sites like propertyguru.

you are absolutely right cos landed has shot up the most so higher u go harder u fall...law of pHySiCCCS...:D

radha08
08-01-12, 21:12
i am eyeing bukit timah all the way to newton.:cheers4:

ok you keep your eye there...my eyes bedok all way to siglap...:D

radha08
08-01-12, 21:14

bro thats one serious house...reminds me of kung fu pandas castle...:D:D:D

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:16
you are absolutely right cos landed has shot up the most so higher u go harder u fall...law of pHySiCCCS...:D

i would hope for landed to fall too cos their asking is simply ridiculous

- lousier location (for most)
- hotter and no ventilation (because low floor)
- no facilities (unless you have a GCB with a 50m lap pool)
- non-regular maintenance (unless you bother to get contractors every month)
- noise aplenty when someone decides to rebuild their house next / across your home
- increased friction with neighbours (due to noise, parking, etc)
- possibility of kena-ing flooding
- lesser security

haha in the end i also a bit sour grapes lah :D:D

radha08
08-01-12, 21:17
plenty of rental viewings for my prop but not sure if anyone gonna bite
some quite interested though :o

care to share district/size;)..$$

TKT
08-01-12, 21:18

- noise aplenty when someone decides to rebuild their house next / across your home
- lesser security

+ easier to climb over fence and steal away bicycle :D

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:19
care to share district/size;)..$$

all my properties in the north bro :)

asking around $2.20 psf nia :D

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:21
+ easier to climb over fence and steal away bicycle :D

LOL not just bicycle, expensive plants, fountains or even lingerie can kena :D

TKT
08-01-12, 21:21
D15, 3BR, TK area, rented out higher 5-10% from previous.
Took 1.5 months, angmo couple on local terms but company top up some for housing.

teddybear
08-01-12, 21:23
I know of many Singapore citizens buying landed hoping to flip for a good gain after they saw the initial huge run-up. However, they didn't know that after that govt tightened up approving of PRs from buying landed (before that quite easy, that is why landed shot up!, but now NO). So now, they are stuck after all these CMs. Many wanted to sell but few buyers, and the few buyers asking much below market rate. They are still holding off selling below market rate but now sure how long they can hold though.....:scared-2:

Unless you have big family, why would you need to live in landed and end up have such a big space to clean up, spent on pest control, many many repairs for roof leaks etc + deal with mosquitoes, house flies, moths, night flies, rats, lots of cockroaches, ants, even termites very common, and even scorpions and snakes crawling into your landed house? :beats-me-man:

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:24
I know of many Singapore citizens buying landed hoping to flip for a good gain after they saw the initial huge run-up. However, they didn't know that after that govt tightened up approving of PRs from buying landed (before that quite easy, that is why landed shot up!, but now NO). So now, they are stuck after all these CMs. Many wanted to sell but few buyers, and the few buyers asking much below market rate. They are still holding off selling below market rate but now sure how long they can hold though.....:scared-2:

Unless you have big family, why would you need to live in landed and end up have such a big space to clean up, spent on pest control, many many repairs for roof leaks etc + deal with mosquitoes, house flies, moths, night flies, rats, lots of cockroaches, ants, even termites very common, and even scorpions and snakes crawling into your landed house? :beats-me-man:

yah i forgot to mention the point about insects and reptiles too :D

radha08
08-01-12, 21:26

- lesser security

ha ha same feeling here...:D

radha08
08-01-12, 21:27

sounds decent...good luck...;)

amk
08-01-12, 21:28

Same asking as your previous rental ? How is the HDB rental in the north ? I thought ppl say 5 rm HDB can get 3k , that's more than 2.2 psf already, is that true ?

mantrix
08-01-12, 21:29

- lesser security

AND ants / cockroaches / flies / other insects / snakes / lizards etc (added extra :P)

radha08
08-01-12, 21:30
D15, 3BR, TK area, rented out higher 5-10% from previous.
Took 1.5 months, angmo couple on local terms but company top up some for housing.

hmm...yesterday i went for walk around tk area full of low rise apts seem to be good take up cos was at night and most of lights were on i like those apts along the canal...;)

kane
08-01-12, 21:31
cracked roof or walls when your neighbour rebuilds?

mantrix
Same asking as your previous rental ? How is the HDB rental in the north ? I thought ppl say 5 rm HDB can get 3k , that's more than 2.2 psf already, is that true ?

i dunno about hdb but my unit has huge PES hence the relative drop

teddybear
That is asking only? ha ha ha!
I know Clementi 5rm then can get $3k pm. :beats-me-man:

radha08
08-01-12, 21:33

my cousin renting out his 5rm low floor 10mins walk to admiralty mrt for 2.2k...signed 2 year contract...same price as my 4rm bedok south 1omins walk to tanah merah mrt....i think woodlands has come a long way from what it was...:rolleyes:

radha08
08-01-12, 21:35
cracked roof or walls when your neighbour rebuilds?

yup see that in my rented house in frankel...lucky i only renting...:D

kane
08-01-12, 21:37
yup see that in my rented house in frankel...lucky i only renting...:D

you told your landlord about the crack? better ask him to repair it. otherwise water seepage from the roof can make the problem much deeper rooted.

radha08
08-01-12, 21:42
you told your landlord about the crack? better ask him to repair it. otherwise water seepage from the roof can make the problem much deeper rooted.

the roof is fine...the crack is on the wall surrounding the house the same wall shared with my neighbour...a few doors away got some one building house...bang bang bang...past few days..now my wall small hairline crack...last time stay condo/hdb no such issue...;)

Santro
08-01-12, 21:59
Bro, what is the driving force for you to still look for landed considering the negatives.
After staying in condo/hdb and now landed, is landed still the ultimate home to be in. :)

the roof is fine...the crack is on the wall surrounding the house the same wall shared with my neighbour...a few doors away got some one building house...bang bang bang...past few days..now my wall small hairline crack...last time stay condo/hdb no such issue...;)

kane
08-01-12, 22:00

cos they can't tear down, pound and rebuild.

mantrix
08-01-12, 22:04
sometimes i wonder if it's all played up...landed being the 'highest class of private housing'...

you have the space true but you sacrifice other things...

in the end to each his own

kane
08-01-12, 22:06
if i wasn't the one feeding mosquitoes all the time, i would like to live in a landed.

Eastboy
08-01-12, 22:32
if i wasn't the one feeding mosquitoes all the time, i would like to live in a landed.

ya i went to hospital twice because of dengue....

the exciting life of landed living. :banghead:

chiaberry
08-01-12, 22:54

I live in landed next to the forest/jungle and we have mosquito netting on all the windows and sliding doors permanently.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 04:40

which bring me back to the relevance of my argument to the title of tbis thread: that any properties with rental support and demand will not drop much. landed with the weakest support by the market will drop the most. as it is clear now that brothers in private condos like mms and mass condo or even public housing like hdb and ecs will have no problem in finding a tenant.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 04:45
those that entered the landed property market in the past 3 years hoping to make a fast buck will be disappointed as they will initially be unwilling to give in to their asking prices due to the strong non landed markets. but reality as always will set in around the last quarter of 2012... that is landed prices will be going no where.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 04:48
finally, in early 2013, the near zero landed transaction volume will force the landed owners to give in to the buyers....a handsome man see an at least 30% drop in landed prices and more if it is located deep within the landed estate.

samsara
09-01-12, 05:22
Good morning Handsome Bro,

Part of the fascination and attraction that landed housing has to asians is the culture that we have. It is engrained in the minds of many since they were young and growing up that landed housing is the penultimate abode. It is a mind-set that is as deeply rooted as our habit of eating rice in most of our daily meals. As long as this mentality exists, landed housing shall always occupy a special place in the hearts of property buyers (as you probably would feel as well since you are looking for one also).

As with all other things in life, landed housing comes in many shapes and sizes and therefore it is not possible to measure them all with the same yardstick. Location, facing, etc still play a part in determining the overall attractiveness of a house. Some will continue to sell easily while others may need to be held for some time while the right buyer is being sought. ;)

finally, in early 2013, the near zero landed transaction volume will force the landed owners to give in to the buyers....a handsome man see an at least 30% drop in landed prices and more if it is located deep within the landed estate.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:31
Good morning Handsome Bro,

Part of the fascination and attraction that landed housing has to asians is the culture that we have. It is engrained in the minds of many since they were young and growing up that landed housing is the penultimate abode. It is a mind-set that is as deeply rooted as our habit of eating rice in most of our daily meals. As long as this mentality exists, landed housing shall always occupy a special place in the hearts of property buyers (as you probably would feel as well since you are looking for one also).

As with all other things in life, landed housing comes in many shapes and sizes and therefore it is not possible to measure them all with the same yardstick. Location, facing, etc still play a part in determining the overall attractiveness of a house. Some will continue to sell easily while others may need to be held for some time while the right buyer is being sought. ;)

Good morning, brother samsara! So happy to see you again :)

agree with you brother samsara. this is not only true to asian, but angmos also. however, high standard of living in the west cities and high property prices have discouraged this mentality for persisting in the west.

our prices in landed had been lagging behind CCR private condos for the past 20 years. the last 3 years landed run up was just ridiculous. A landed terrace in some ulu place can ask for S$2million or S$1200psf which is much higher than some of the CCR private condos.

Of course, now is the chance for me to bash it down.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:34
Just to share:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_id=&interest=&distance=1&property_type=L&freetext=&districts%5B%5D=D27&hdb_estate=&maxprice=&maxbed=&minbed=&minsize=&searchbtn=go

copy the whole link for the search parameters and see for yourselves!

Should WE CONTINUE TO FEED THIS GREED ?

ysyap
09-01-12, 05:34
With all the talks about landed prices coming down, I doubt I'll buy landed in the near future anyway coz I stayed there for 10 years and find it a bit inconvenient to go out. Unless the landed is nearer to the main road or something! :cool:

samsara
09-01-12, 05:37
There is a new phenomenon emerging. Buyers are beginning to accept landed housing being priced in terms of built-up PSF. Gone are the days when buyers are quoted based on land size and PSF only. When that trend has fully taken root (both logically and emotionally it should happen since we would then be comparing the PSFs apple-to-apple), landed housing will appear inexpensive compared to condominiums.

We are all investors and I am confident that you are aware that observing trends and acting on the information gap is the key to successful (and happy) investing. :D

Good morning, brother samsara! So happy to see you again :)

agree with you brother samsara. this is not only true to asian, but angmos also. however, high standard of living in the west cities and high property prices have discouraged this mentality for persisting in the west.

our prices in landed had been lagging behind CCR private condos for the past 20 years. the last 3 years landed run up was just ridiculous. A landed terrace in some ulu place can ask for S$2million or S$1200psf which is much higher than some of the CCR private condos.

Of course, now is the chance for me to bash it down.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:42
There is a new phenomenon emerging. Buyers are beginning to accept landed housing being priced in terms of built-up PSF. Gone are the days when buyers are quoted based on land size and PSF only. When that trend has fully taken root (both logically and emotionally it should happen since we would then be comparing the PSFs apple-to-apple), landed housing will appear inexpensive compared to condominiums.

We are all investors and I am confident that you are aware that observing trends and acting on the information gap is the key to successful (and happy) investing. :D

err......brother samsara.. i have no problems with new developments doing that because the new shining house is worth the price. however, some ulu ran down pre war are asking for the same or more PSF !

this is illogical. Of cos i am saying this because i am also a potential buyer of landed mah.

and yes, brother ysyap. but as what bro samsara said, landed held a special place in our hearts. In fact, I am very frustrated when I keep seeing the landed prices beating all rationality and logic. I am sure market will find the true equilibrium soon.

Good morning to you too :)

ysyap
09-01-12, 05:43
Agents will always advertise based on what looks better. If its for single storey landed, they will use land psf. If its double storey but land is still bigger, then they'll still use land psf. Chances will be higher if its double storey or higher to use built up psf coz the figure will look more attractive... all gimmicks only. I argued with agent once on this and he finally agreed... Lol! :o

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:49
Agents will always advertise based on what looks better. If its for single storey landed, they will use land psf. If its double storey but land is still bigger, then they'll still use land psf. Chances will be higher if its double storey or higher to use built up psf coz the figure will look more attractive... all gimmicks only. I argued with agent once on this and he finally agreed... Lol! :o

maybe brothers ysyap and samsara have been very busy. share with you this:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=L&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=1.0&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=&maxprice=&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=&order=&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

Look at the land only asking psf !!!!!:mad:

samsara
09-01-12, 05:51
The markets can be appear to be irrational, but whatever happens in there happens for a reason. ;)

Good day ahead everyone, it's a brand new week!

err......brother samsara.. i have no problems with new developments doing that because the new shining house is worth the price. however, some ulu ran down pre war are asking for the same or more PSF !

this is illogical. Of cos i am saying this because i am also a potential buyer of landed mah.

and yes, brother ysyap. but as what bro samsara said, landed held a special place in our hearts. In fact, I am very frustrated when I keep seeing the landed prices beating all rationality and logic. I am sure market will find the true equilibrium soon.

Good morning to you too :)

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:53
The markets can be appear to be irrational, but whatever happens in there happens for a reason. ;)

Good day ahead everyone, it's a brand new week!

:) yes indeed. That is why I wanna bash it down mah..WOAHAHAHAHAHAHA

samsara
09-01-12, 05:54
Thanks bro, not sure if you know this but you can also modify the search parameters directly on the URL. For example, sorting by PSF has been taken out of the search form but you can change sort parameter to PSF and it will still work. :D Quite useful sometimes to search by PSF instead of price.

maybe brothers ysyap and samsara have been very busy. share with you this:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=L&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=1.0&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=&maxprice=&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=&order=&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

Look at the land only asking psf !!!!!:mad:

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:56
Thanks bro, not sure if you know this but you can also modify the search parameters directly on the URL. For example, sorting by PSF has been taken out of the search form but you can change sort parameter to PSF and it will still work. :D Quite useful sometimes to search by PSF instead of price.

Thanks ! I did not know that :) I just use my ancient methods on a new technological device.

samsara
09-01-12, 05:57
Another hint: the max/min figures need not be limited to the round figures available in the search form. You can specify arbitrary numbers for them as well. Useful especially for land/built-up sizes.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 05:59
btw, brother samsara. ur replies in the other thread about CM6 really lifted my third eye to a new level :) I have gained a lot and your thoughts have given me some great ideas and strategies to use as it clearly pointed out the direction of the policy makers. how did u manage to see that? i gotta go office liao, cya later alligator.. WOAHAHAHAHAAHAH

samsara
09-01-12, 06:06
The life of a policy-maker is not sweet. Sometimes, in trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing no-one. Although Singapore practises democracy, you and I know that the democracy is a special variant of the type that we see in the western countries. The core team that we had in the early years was made up of very talented individuals. More importantly they were passionate about serving the people/nation. This incredible mix gave us the success in the early years. Although there is a lot of LKY bashing today online, he was instrumental because he had the charisma to front the team. Each played a role and worked as a team.

Today, we are hard-pressed to replicate the same success because many factors have changed. Not only the environment but also because of the fact that we may have become the victims of our own success. Our chinese saying goes "富不过三代" - the fundamentals for that saying are the same reasons why our country is facing the talent-shortage issues today. Not a trivial problem to overcome and it cannot be done overnight.

btw, brother samsara. ur replies in the other thread about CM6 really lifted my third eye to a new level :) I have gained a lot and your thoughts have given me some great ideas and strategies to use as it clearly pointed out the direction of the policy makers. how did u manage to see that? WOAHAHAHAHAAHAH

proud owner
09-01-12, 07:43

was it becos of location?

if landed has more mozzy... then landed also has more lizzy to rid the mozzy

in the past we have seen news of people dying from dengue... did they live in landed ?

kane
09-01-12, 08:28
Landed areas especially with plants tend to allow mosquitoes to bbreed. Some location even more so especially when there are constructions. If you live high rise and don't have a garden of eden in your balcony, your chances are significantly reduced. And some people just attract mosquitoes more than others. So it's all about reducing chances and trading it off against the space of landed.

proud owner
09-01-12, 08:34
Landed areas especially with plants tend to allow mosquitoes to bbreed. Some location even more so especially when there are constructions. If you live high rise and don't have a garden of eden in your balcony, your chances are significantly reduced. And some people just attract mosquitoes more than others. So it's all about reducing chances and trading it off against the space of landed.

i have a forest behind my house ... the air is very 'moist' ...

in the night ... it sometimes gets foggy .. and i can feel the dampness in the air ..

every morning .. my glass car porch roof, my car windows .. have nothing back condensation ...

despite the presences of plants and abundant moisture .. we are blessed with no mozzy situation..

i believe if one makes the effort to keep garden and house clean ... + diligently ensuring drains are not choked ... landed is just as sure

proud owner
09-01-12, 08:39

among the landed properties .. do you think GCB has gone up the most ??

i recall viewing a GCB in 2005 in Leedon .. some 20000 sqft land ... it was asking 9mio ish .. and negotiable .. thats 450 psg

a similar plot today would cost 30 mio .. 1500 psf (conservatively)

so if your theory is correct .. the class that would drop the most ..should be GCB

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 08:51
among the landed properties .. do you think GCB has gone up the most ??

i recall viewing a GCB in 2005 in Leedon .. some 20000 sqft land ... it was asking 9mio ish .. and negotiable .. thats 450 psg

a similar plot today would cost 30 mio .. 1500 psf (conservatively)

so if your theory is correct .. the class that would drop the most ..should be GCB

all landed. check this out:

groggy
09-01-12, 09:18
May I know what is a typical rental yield of private condos after allowing for management fees, agent fees and vacancy of say, 0.5 month, per year?

Rosy
09-01-12, 09:21
i believe landed properties will suffer the same level of correction as condos in general. HDB being the least and luxury condo/detached landed/GCB being the most

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 09:38
May I know what is a typical rental yield of private condos after allowing for management fees, agent fees and vacancy of say, 0.5 month, per year?

So happy you ask this question, brother groggy. YOU have indeed come to the RIGHT forum ! The most intelligent and handsome brother here on earth can show you the latest figures !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/3q2011M.jpg

stl67
09-01-12, 09:43

i hate mossie... also a victim of dengue, but not sure if I get it while playing golf.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 09:45
if you are too lazy to interpret the data above. Fret not ! Your humble but most handsome brother has compiled my own conclusion here in gist form:

1) D9,10,11 : average is 5.8 psf or about S$5500 per month on about 900 sq ft

2) D15 : average is 4.2 psf or about S$4000 per month on about 900 sq ft

3) Luxury apartment/condo in CCR : average about 5.8 psf but keep in mind such apartments averages about 1600 sq ft so that is about S$9,000 per month.

4) RCR only slightly behind (2) at 3.5psf

5) ulu place : 2.8 psf minimum

good luck.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 09:54
So happy you ask this question, brother groggy. YOU have indeed come to the RIGHT forum ! The most intelligent and handsome brother here on earth can show you the latest figures !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/3q2011M.jpg

as you can see, even the last one in Gayland can fetch min S$2800 for a 1000 sqft apartment !!!!!:doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/5034603/for-rent-aston-mansions

melodies
09-01-12, 09:57
Useless as your neigbours may not do so and since mozzies can fly over to your house, the drains are connected to breed rats and will run over to your house etc.

in the night ... it sometimes gets foggy .. and i can feel the dampness in the air ..

every morning .. my glass car porch roof, my car windows .. have nothing back condensation ...

despite the presences of plants and abundant moisture .. we are blessed with no mozzy situation..

i believe if one makes the effort to keep garden and house clean ... + diligently ensuring drains are not choked ... landed is just as sure

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 10:01
Useless as your neigbours may not do so and since mozzies can fly over to your house, the drains are connected to breed rats and will run over to your house etc.

Secret: rats infestation can easily be managed by buying a dog :)

PS: Don't need to thank me.

proud owner
09-01-12, 10:02

true

i guess it has to be an effort of the whole estate ...

melodies
09-01-12, 10:06
I feel the contrary: In general, landed (except GCB) having gone up most will drop most, coupled with much lower demand and problems with quality & have to rebuild every 30 years. However, GCB among landed will drop the least because these are bought by the rich & they have holding power!

I feel HDB DBSS will drop the most ultimately when are older and is no different from any HDB BTO or resale HDB flats! :2cents:

Next down the line, OCR private properties those that gone up the most will also drop the most. They should drop by 2/3 of their increase (based on Elliot theory). So, I understand OCR some places like Bedok went up from $400 psf to $1300 psf. So drop 2/3 will be drop $600 psf to $700 psf! You all want to buy OCR like Bedok? Wait for $700 psf or a drop of about 46%. :scared-5:

i believe landed properties will suffer the same level of correction as condos in general. HDB being the least and luxury condo/detached landed/GCB being the most

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 10:17
I feel HDB DBSS will drop the most ultimately when are older and is no different from any HDB BTO or resale HDB flats! :2cents:
...:scared-5:

now, now, sister melodies, this is the last group we want to wish for a fall in prices. the reason is simple: Majority of the middle class stay in this type of property. We certainly do not want another CM6, do we ?

that is why, i ask you to join me in bashing the landed and GCBs now !

landed: drop 30%
private condos: drop 5%
ECs : drop 5%
HDB & DBSS: drop 0.005%

Rosy
09-01-12, 10:28
I feel the contrary: In general, landed (except GCB) having gone up most will drop most, coupled with much lower demand and problems with quality & have to rebuild every 30 years. However, GCB among landed will drop the least because these are bought by the rich & they have holding power!

Next down the line, OCR private properties those that gone up the most will also drop the most. They should drop by 2/3 of their increase (based on Elliot theory). So, I understand OCR some places like Bedok went up from $400 psf to $1300 psf. So drop 2/3 will be drop $600 psf to $700 psf! You all want to buy OCR like Bedok? Wait for $700 psf or a drop of about 46%. :scared-5:

HDB DBSS priced about the same compared to the resale flats nearby. so i do not understand your point.

when is your reference point of new launch bedok condo at 400psf?

if u track back to post 96-97 crisis till today's prices. CCR prices had gained the most in general

chiaberry
09-01-12, 10:32
true

i guess it has to be an effort of the whole estate ...

No I believe there is a VVIP/PAP house owner in your estate or nearby. The authorities will surely ensure there is no mozzie or any other pest or vermin in sight for many kilometres around the revered one's house. Any mozzie who dare so much as flutter their wings nearby will be immediately terminated. :eek:

I don't think the conditions in your estate are necessarily representative of other landed housing areas that are not graced by the presence of such VVIPs.

groggy
09-01-12, 10:32
if you are too lazy to interpret the data above. Fret not ! Your humble but most handsome brother has compiled my own conclusion here in gist form:

1) D9,10,11 : average is 5.8 psf or about S$5500 per month on about 900 sq ft

2) D15 : average is 4.2 psf or about S$4000 per month on about 900 sq ft

3) Luxury apartment/condo in CCR : average about 5.8 psf but keep in mind such apartments averages about 1600 sq ft so that is about S$9,000 per month.

4) RCR only slightly behind (2) at 3.5psf

5) ulu place : 2.8 psf minimum

good luck.

Hi bro BJ21,

Thanks for yr effort but small bro here from Malaysia and have no idea the market prices of the 5 categories of condos you stated and cannot derive the approximate annual rental yield. For example D9,D10,D11 can get 5.5k per month on 900 sq ft condo but how much is the approximate market value of this type of 900 sq ft condos?

Thx!

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 11:10
Hi bro BJ21,

Thanks for yr effort but small bro here from Malaysia and have no idea the market prices of the 5 categories of condos you stated and cannot derive the approximate annual rental yield. For example D9,D10,D11 can get 5.5k per month on 900 sq ft condo but how much is the approximate market value of this type of 900 sq ft condos?

Thx!

A very warm welcome, Malaysian brother ! for $5.5k rental return a month, expect to pay about S$1.8million. However, with the current situation, I think you can get a bargain. Here's the rough estimate:

1) CCR : 900 sq ft @ S$1.8 million return is about $5.5K-S$6.5K per month
2) RCR : 1000 sq ft @ S$1.5 million return is about $3.8-S$4K
3) OCR : 1000 sqft @ S$1.1 million return is about $3.2 -S$3.5K
4) Ulu places like Senoko : 1000 sqft@ S$700K return is S$2-2.5K
5) Special case: Gayland : 1000 sqft @ S$1.2 million return is S$3.2- S$3.5
6) Luxury: 1000 sq ft @ S$2.5million return is S$5.5-S$7K

Above all condos.

DISCLAIMERS: Figures just plugged from my instant memory. Please verify first with websites like propertyguru or ura.gov.sg

melodies
09-01-12, 11:26
Yes, Majority of middle class stay in this type of property, but that where the biggest bubble is now! Seem like populist reason & also for own pocket that is why there is no strong cooling measures to cool this property segment?

Remember, in 2003, a new Sengkang HDB 5rm flat 1200 sqft only $240k. Now they are selling the DBSS HDB flat of smaller size of 1100 sqft in this area at $706k (and yet further away from Sengkang or Buangkok MRT station)! Let's take the $psf which has better meaning:
2003: 1200 sqft at $240k = $200 psf.
2011: 1100 sqft at $706k = $642 psf.
In a span of 7+ years there is an increase of $442 psf or in %age = 221% increase and yet you get a more ulu inconvenient location!!! In average term that is an increase of >31% per year! :scared-2:

now, now, sister melodies, this is the last group we want to wish for a fall in prices. the reason is simple: Majority of the middle class stay in this type of property. We certainly do not want another CM6, do we ?

that is why, i ask you to join me in bashing the landed and GCBs now !

landed: drop 30%
private condos: drop 5%
ECs : drop 5%
HDB & DBSS: drop 0.005%

melodies
09-01-12, 11:35
By the way, Sengkang resale HDB flat 1292 sqft only $450k - 550k! So don't understand your point about same as HDB DBSS? In terms of $PSF, Sengkang resale HDB flats selling at $348 psf - $425 psf only. That HDB DBSS selling at $642 psf!!

Really? How about you educate us and let us have the data on the following post 1996-1997 prices of:
1) FH private condos in Bedok
2) FH condos in CCR
so that we can understand better. I believe your understanding is dead wrong! :beats-me-man:

HDB DBSS priced about the same compared to the resale flats nearby. so i do not understand your point.

when is your reference point of new launch bedok condo at 400psf?

if u track back to post 96-97 crisis till today's prices. CCR prices had gained the most in general

kane
09-01-12, 11:40

If we live in a GCB and tend your garden well, that's good. If we live in a terrace or semi d, we need the neighbours to tend the garden as well as ours so it becomes more difficult.

teddybear
09-01-12, 11:44
Viewed in terms of ROI yield better? That involves more calculation. :p
Simpler just use yield = monthly rental*12 / price.

A very warm welcome, Malaysian brother ! for $5.5k rental return a month, expect to pay about S$1.8million. However, with the current situation, I think you can get a bargain. Here's the rough estimate:

1) CCR : 900 sq ft @ S$1.8 million return is about $5.5K-S$6.5K per month [yield 3.7%-]
2) RCR : 1000 sq ft @ S$1.5 million return is about $3.8-S$4K [yield 3.0%-]
3) OCR : 1000 sqft @ S$1.1 million return is about $3.2 -S$3.5K [yield 3.5%-]
4) Ulu places like Senoko : 1000 sqft@ S$700K return is S$2-2.5K [yield 3.4%-]
5) Special case: Gayland : 1000 sqft @ S$1.2 million return is S$3.2- S$3.5 [yield 3.2%-]
6) Luxury: 1000 sq ft @ S$2.5million return is S$5.5-S$7K [yield 2.6%-]

Above all condos.

DISCLAIMERS: Figures just plugged from my instant memory. Please verify first with websites like propertyguru or ura.gov.sg

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 15:18
Yes, Majority of middle class stay in this type of property, but that where the biggest bubble is now! Seem like populist reason & also for own pocket that is why there is no strong cooling measures to cool this property segment?

Remember, in 2003, a new Sengkang HDB 5rm flat 1200 sqft only $240k. Now they are selling the DBSS HDB flat of smaller size of 1100 sqft in this area at $706k (and yet further away from Sengkang or Buangkok MRT station)! Let's take the $psf which has better meaning:
2003: 1200 sqft at $240k = $200 psf.
2011: 1100 sqft at $706k = $642 psf.
In a span of 7+ years there is an increase of $442 psf or in %age = 221% increase and yet you get a more ulu inconvenient location!!! In average term that is an increase of >31% per year! :scared-2:

yes sister melodies you are right about the psf increase. But landed used to increase like 200psf over 5 years and look what happened in the last 3 years ? 500 PSF !

HDBs & ECs cannot drop because it will penalise the early takers whom had taken up the units with help from parents or banks. I do not wish HDBs or ECs to drop, otherwise where will the incentive of owning one of these as a middle class SIngaporean comes from?

private condos also cannot drop and these included the mass market ones also. Because these are the same group of buyers: from HDB upgraders! Bashing here will penalise the HDB upgraders !

therefore, I still maintain it is BEST to bash the GCBs, landed and the super luxurious apartments because I cannot afford them in this lifetime anyway. WOAHAHAHAHAHA

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 15:19
Viewed in terms of ROI yield better? That involves more calculation. :p
Simpler just use yield = monthly rental*12 / price.

good idea, brother teddybear :) it did not cross my mind at all. thanks for the reminder.

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 15:33
If we live in a GCB and tend your garden well, that's good. If we live in a terrace or semi d, we need the neighbours to tend the garden as well as ours so it becomes more difficult.

a pure GCB should be standing alone on a plot. ( you can see many true GCBs near Botanic Gardens ) though now with the congestion of our land, there could be other plots side by side with it. However, at least 2 sides (including the gate side ) of the plot should not share any fences or drains or any paths or utilites with it.

Hence you are correct to say that...for the moment. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHA

blackjack21trader
09-01-12, 15:41
Singapore's Statutory Definition of GCB ( Yes, BY LAW ) :

1) Must be situated within the GCB zoning defined strictly by Singapore Authority Only

2) LAND Must be at least 15,000sqft . ( Note that even if your bungalow land is more than 15,000sqft BUT does not locate itself into GCB zone, it is NOT a GCB by law .)

3) There are only about 2400 such bungalows in Singapore.

Good Luck, and dun get duped into believing anything BIG can be a GCB, check the statutory criteria first before buying.

radha08
09-01-12, 17:26
Bro, what is the driving force for you to still look for landed considering the negatives.
After staying in condo/hdb and now landed, is landed still the ultimate home to be in. :)

my hdb 4rm:ashamed1:

my condo was FULL of FT:scared-1:

my current landed in frankel..original condition but 4000 sq feet...;)

u tell me wats the best...:jump-for-joy:

radha08
09-01-12, 17:28

mosquito coil/OFF spray/UV light/Baygon...i have INVESTED HEAVILY in all these...;)

radha08
09-01-12, 17:30

thank you handsome bro...i waiting for the 30% drop...;)

radha08
09-01-12, 17:38
Secret: rats infestation can easily be managed by buying a dog :)

PS: Don't need to thank me.

YUP i got just that dog...he is Romeo my Jack Russel Terrier..NO blady rat is coming anywhere near my house with him around...:cheers4:

proud owner
09-01-12, 22:11
mosquito coil/OFF spray/UV light/Baygon...i have INVESTED HEAVILY in all these...;)

Try anti-mozzie plants.

kane
09-01-12, 22:28

is it healthy to be inhaling all that on a consistent basis?

radha08
10-01-12, 21:33
is it healthy to be inhaling all that on a consistent basis?

not healthy if u are a mozzie...:D:D:D

kane
10-01-12, 21:57
Try anti-mozzie plants.

anti mozzie plants sound like a good suggestion.