PDA

View Full Version : 4pm Today important indicator for prop mkt...

radha08
05-01-12, 13:46
COE results ha ha...if drop means...in time to come prop price will drop...:D

history will repeat itself....:D

stay tuned...:D

PN
05-01-12, 14:02

Do you mean COV & not COE for car?

radha08
05-01-12, 14:04
COE for car...somehow car and property and sharemarket all linked same people involved....

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html

radha08
05-01-12, 15:04
ha ha 5% drop...

slow n steady

azeoprop
05-01-12, 16:14
Still so ex....for the price of the cat B coe of 65k now I could buy a Nissan Sylphy 1.5L last time.

:banghead:

Spunk
05-01-12, 16:23
Still so ex....for the price of the cat B coe of 65k now I could buy a Nissan Sylphy 1.5L last time.

:banghead:

:) Similar to bro Radha, I am awaiting for COE to drop also...but to buy a new car...

Eastboy
05-01-12, 17:39
ha ha 5% drop...

slow n steady

Coe dips in nov/dec and CNY period is normal, nothing to cheer about.

Arcachon
05-01-12, 18:47

If only life is so simple COE down property price down.:doh:

radha08
05-01-12, 21:23
:) Similar to bro Radha, I am awaiting for COE to drop also...but to buy a new car...

i waiting to extend my 2 cars...one due 2014 other 2016...if coe drop to 10k...extend another 10 years and laugh...:D

radha08
05-01-12, 21:24
If only life is so simple COE down property price down.:doh:
trust me coming soon its all the same $$$ that are chasing car house and stocks...:cheers1:

amk
05-01-12, 21:56
i waiting to extend my 2 cars...one due 2014 other 2016...if coe drop to 10k...extend another 10 years and laugh...:D

Get ready for 2nd car ABSD my friend :cool:

"how can the foreigners and rich PRs buy so many luxury cars where born and bred Singaporean's cannot even afford the COE ? Gov must ensure Singaporean's needs are met first ! "

:D :D :D

peterng8
05-01-12, 22:00

"how can the foreigners and rich PRs buy so many luxury cars where born and bred Singaporean's cannot even afford the COE ? Gov must ensure Singaporean's needs are met first ! "

I doubt so they know...dont forget they have been gettiing millions for how many years and already lost touch of the ground what is happening...till now lost a few seats and suddenly all wake up...:o

august
05-01-12, 23:05

extend? why not get a new model instead?

fclim
05-01-12, 23:06
trust me coming soon its all the same $$$ that are chasing car house and stocks...:cheers1:

Partly right. But, more to do with economic sentiments. I would think that with all the CMs put on properties, the $$ would be diverted to cars instead.

Anyway, COE unlikely to fall to pre 2009 levels barring any major economic recession. Supply will be reduced from 2012 onwards.

1. Vehicle growth will be cut from 1.5% annually to 1% in 2012.
2. The 1% growth will be front loaded i.e. 1.5% growth from Feb 2012 to July 2012 and 0.5% growth from Aug 2012 to Jan 2013.
3. There will be an adjustment of -7,981 COEs from Aug 2011 to Jan 2014 due to over projections in the years 2008 and 2009.
4. Growth rate likely to be 0.5% or even 0% in the near future.
5. Like minded people like you find COE too expensive, so extend instead thereby reducing supply pool even further. Haha.

Cars are luxury items, so unlikely any CMs for cars..

amk
05-01-12, 23:18
Cars are luxury items, why condos are not luxury items ?

fclim
06-01-12, 00:01

I never say condos are not luxury items. CMs are to curb the property bubble and prevent hot money speculating in properties. It's not gahmen intention to make condos affordable. Gahmen only ensures HDBs remain affordable.

Laguna
06-01-12, 00:18
I will get two cars in Malaysia when I move over, one BMW 5 series, and MB 250, all below S$100,000, no govt tax, no COE, no need to scrap at 10 years and run on disel without disel tax....:scared-1:

fclim
06-01-12, 00:21
But, having said that, if cars get too expensive, gahmen may impose maximum 80% loan, not because they want to bring down the prices of cars and make them more affordable, but to prevent people from over stretching their finances.

radha08
06-01-12, 12:51
extend? why not get a new model instead?

one of most important lesson i learned in life...is never buy new car...car is liability...i dont do business i drive car to work an fetch family...simple japanese car enough...got $$$ dump into property...:D

radha08
06-01-12, 12:53
I will get two cars in Malaysia when I move over, one BMW 5 series, and MB 250, all below S$100,000, no govt tax, no COE, no need to scrap at 10 years and run on disel without disel tax....:scared-1:

dont forget to buy insuarance for THEFT...:)

radha08
06-01-12, 12:54

cause car is exclusive i.e luxury u buy u sit u drive...nobody can touch...so luxury...but condo u buy u rent...everybody can stay so no luxury...:D

radha08
06-01-12, 12:55

actually one is my wife car but put under my name...:)

fclim
06-01-12, 13:19
one of most important lesson i learned in life...is never buy new car...car is liability...i dont do business i drive car to work an fetch family...simple japanese car enough...got $$$ dump into property...:D

One of the most important lesson I learnt in life is timing. I bought a new car 3 years ago. Today, I sold it at exactly the same price that I bought. So free usage for 3 years... hahahha:D

radha08
06-01-12, 14:44
[QUOTE=fclim]One of the most important lesson I learnt in life is timing. I bought a new car 3 years ago. Today, I sold it at exactly the same price that I bought. So free usage for 3

Pity the guy who bought from you....ha ha

fclim
06-01-12, 18:33
[quote=fclim]One of the most important lesson I learnt in life is timing. I bought a new car 3 years ago. Today, I sold it at exactly the same price that I bought. So free usage for 3

Pity the guy who bought from you....ha ha

Why? Maybe 3 years later, he can sell at the same price that he bought? hehe

sh
06-01-12, 19:58
[quote=radha08]

NOOOOOO.......:scared-1:

How to change new car like this:simmering:

radha08
06-01-12, 21:46
[quote=radha08]

there is only 1 winner..GoVt...:eek:

kane
06-01-12, 22:22
One of the most important lesson I learnt in life is timing. I bought a new car 3 years ago. Today, I sold it at exactly the same price that I bought. So free usage for 3 years... hahahha:D

which car?

buttercarp
06-01-12, 22:31

Yup same here, bought 3 years ago COE was only 1K.
Now if sell I can even make money.
But after selling have to buy another which is so expensive.
So after you sell, you buy another car ?

fclim
07-01-12, 00:35
which car?

Hehe. Many cars, esp those bot in Jan 2009. COE $200 only. E.g., Brand New Camry 2.0 costs $79k in Jan 2009. Now, Jan 2009 Camry 2.0 selling $87K or $88K. Sell to dealer about $79k.

fclim
07-01-12, 00:40

Take MRT Lah. SMRT = Saw Must Resign Today, So now SMRT = Surely More Reliable Transport liao... Hehehe.

ysyap
07-01-12, 05:17
One of the most important lesson I learnt in life is timing. I bought a new car 3 years ago. Today, I sold it at exactly the same price that I bought. So free usage for 3 years... hahahha:DTiming indeed... my brother in law bought a car 2 years back and sold last year at a profit... paid to drive a car... :cool:

kane
07-01-12, 07:10
Timing indeed... my brother in law bought a car 2 years back and sold last year at a profit... paid to drive a car... :cool:
once in a blue moon, because of the COE rallying so hard, these things happen.

Rysk
07-01-12, 07:55
Hehe. Many cars, esp those bot in Jan 2009. COE $200 only. E.g., Brand New Camry 2.0 costs $79k in Jan 2009. Now, Jan 2009 Camry 2.0 selling $87K or $88K. Sell to dealer about $79k.

During early 2009, when COE $10k, ppl wait for $5k.. when is $5k.. ppl wait for $2k..

If today's paper advertise Camry $100k nett, many ppl will rush down & book one lor

radha08
07-01-12, 08:30

maybe he bought a BMW=Bus Mrt Walk....:D:D:D

teddybear
07-01-12, 09:06
Really? I didn't see any cooling measures implemented for HDBs so far, so much mantling with private property market, as usual, on the belief that they are trying to prevent hot money speculation etc but as usual, their belief most likely may be wrong and along with them bad consequences and side effects on top of the fact that hot money speculation didn't even happen, don't know why they do for what? The real property speculation and bubble is in HDBs and mass market private properties with the "good" deed by their own Singapore CITIZENS but they don't seem to get it and can't implement any useful policy to tackle that? Shift blame to foreigners as easy scape goat to score votes? :banghead:

I never say condos are not luxury items. CMs are to curb the property bubble and prevent hot money speculating in properties. It's not gahmen intention to make condos affordable. Gahmen only ensures HDBs remain affordable.

Laguna
07-01-12, 09:31
Really? I didn't see any cooling measures implemented for HDBs so far, :banghead:

there are couples of cooling measures for HDB flats, but they dun term them as CM. Those I can recall

1. increase the min MOP
2. private property must sell first or sell within six months for resale market

The HDB market, previously only 2 years of MOP and ended up with heavy speculation.

DC33_2008
07-01-12, 09:36
Is the current 5years MOP too little? Should be more? Back to 10 years?
there are couples of cooling measures for HDB flats, but they dun term them as CM. Those I can recall

1. increase the min MOP

The HDB market, previously only 2 years of MOP and ended up with heavy speculation.

Eastboy
07-01-12, 09:39
Is the current 5years MOP too little? Should be more? Back to 10 years?

yes, HDB should have a MOP of 10 years!!!!

then people will not dare to buy BTOs/ECs....

in the end everyone rush to buy PCs....then our PCs in OCRs can go up $1800psf.....LOL!!! :doh:

radha08
07-01-12, 10:57
people want to buy will still buy you cant stop them its the singaporean mentality....:2cents:

rattydrama
07-01-12, 14:43
people want to buy will still buy you cant stop them its the singaporean mentality....:2cents:

with 10 yr MOP more will re-consider if they want to buy EC or private condo.. surely there will be spill over effect.

radha08
07-01-12, 14:45
with 10 yr MOP more will re-consider if they want to buy EC or private condo.. surely there will be spill over effect.

for sure once u hit the hdb market HARD the music will stop a LOT of spillover $$$ from HDB market...dont underestimate our good govt..the policy can change OVERNIGHT...:2cents:

teddybear
07-01-12, 16:26
But they took way the most effective cooling measure that previously existed:
- Cannot rent out whole HDB flat because HDB meant for own stay.
I heard many PRs & converted citizens owned HDB flats but now renting out whole unit because their families all went back to own countries or other countries! Is it any wonder why HDB resale prices so high because no supply?

1. increase the min MOP