PDA

View Full Version : Riversound - near Sungei Serangoon

Pages : 1 [2] 3

price
05-03-12, 16:53
Not sure why my purchase is still not updated on the caveat in ura.
My purchase was 3rd Feb.. Had also received my lawyer's doc and also balance 15% n stamp duties paid.... But they have not debit the cheque yet. My S&P exercised on 12th Feb.

Probably the sales is too good and they need slowly settle all transactions lah... Haha. :)

anyone has any idea when will the caveat be updated on ura site?

Cos my lawyer told me that once he received the signed n endorsed S&P from developer, he will inform us and send us a copy. Still waiting... :)

Sis, 3rd feb still early lar! Caveats are lodged only upon signing of SNP and/or SD payment and u will get SD Cert. Jan caveats were updated on Feb 15 and then subsequently a few here and there got updated.

Just
05-03-12, 16:54
Why not convenient sis? There's Cedars, St andrews. Unless they are already in sengkang schools?

My elder is already in the school in SK... Then my younger is in Catholic Kindergarden at Flower road.

But as my parents and in-laws all stays in SK, thus they can help me take care my kids mah.... And I do not wish to move too far away from them. That's why I only see PC in SK area... Not even seeing Punggol area leh. Hehe. :)

price
05-03-12, 16:56
My elder is already in the school in SK... Then my younger is in Catholic Kindergarden at Flower road.

But as my parents and in-laws all stays in SK, thus they can help me take care my kids mah.... And I do not wish to move too far away from them. That's why I only see PC in SK area... Not even seeing Punggol area leh. Hehe. :)

Sounds fun to start a family. Can't wait till im able to buy a 4 bedder with my future wife :D

Just
Sis, 3rd feb still early lar! Caveats are lodged only upon signing of SNP and/or SD payment and u will get SD Cert. Jan caveats were updated on Feb 15 and then subsequently a few here and there got updated.

Ok... Guess that's the reason why mine not updated yet cos even the SD cheque also not yet debit from my acct... Hahaa ;)

Never mind... No hurry.... Slowly debit also good... Let me earn abit more interest lor. :)

azeoprop
How come never consider the luxurie? :D

Condoboy
05-03-12, 16:57
Thanks!
By the way... I'm not bro... I'm sis... Hehe :ashamed1:
oh?!.... Sorry Sis.... Heeee...:p

price
05-03-12, 16:58
more exp leh bro

Dont think prices there can even compare with ECs. PV and RS prices are similar to almost similar to ECs these days (bigger units)

Just
05-03-12, 16:58
Sounds fun to start a family. Can't wait till im able to buy a 4 bedder with my future wife :D

If only 2 of you... Then don't go for 4bedder lah... It's too big.
My advise is 2bedder is good enough for 2person.
Cos if unit is too big,.... Then cleaning is very siong leh! Hehe. :)

price
05-03-12, 16:59

Aha, i aspire to buy a resale HDB after i get married, then stay for MOP and start building up again. Thats provided i find a wife and able to offlload PCs lar

Just
05-03-12, 17:01

My hb don't like the landscape and layout. Also, imagine, RS $669psf... Luxurie $1100psf... Too much difference and we decided to save the $$$ lor.

Infact, both my parents n in-laws stays near to Luxurie... That will be even more convenient if we get there but too ex.... Can bear to submit the cheque lor.

price
This thread been dead for awhile, till recently all the buyers are commenting here! :D

Condoboy
Go to RS and ask the developer to show u the model! the entire model is in the RS's showflat!! :)
Huh!? Isit, didn't notice as I've been to RS in and out many times liao also didn't realise... faint... okok, will look for my agent...

price
05-03-12, 17:02
My hb don't like the landscape and layout. Also, imagine, RS $669psf... Luxurie $1100psf... Too much difference and we decided to save the $$$ lor.

Infact, both my parents n in-laws stays near to Luxurie... That will be even more convenient if we get there but too ex.... Can bear to submit the cheque lor.

Do u drive? Heard the LRT is just <5mins walk away

Just
05-03-12, 17:02
oh?!.... Sorry Sis.... Heeee...:p

Hahahaha.... No worries :tongue3:

price
05-03-12, 17:03
Huh!? Isit, didn't notice as I've been to RS in and out many times liao also didn't realise... faint... okok, will look for my agent...

Its not in the main area. they'll bring u to the back :D not sure if they moved it already though. But give them a call! im sure they'll show it to u

Just
05-03-12, 17:04
Aha, i aspire to buy a resale HDB after i get married, then stay for MOP and start building up again. Thats provided i find a wife and able to offlload PCs lar

Aiyah.... You don't be too choosy in your partner's requirement lah....
Don't set your standard too high lah :)

Just
05-03-12, 17:05
Do u drive? Heard the LRT is just <5mins walk away

Yes, both me and my hubby drives.... Hopefully I can get 2 parking lots in RS then.... Hehe. :)

price
05-03-12, 17:07
Aiyah.... You don't be too choosy in your partner's requirement lah....
Don't set your standard too high lah :)

I'm not picky! just no luck i guess? :beats-me-man: been with one who cheated on me, one that has a crazy mum. :banghead:

I'll just focus on making $ first :cool:

Condoboy
05-03-12, 17:08

In fact I've been to almost all the condo and EC showflat in Sengkang and Punggol area liao... Luxurie is one of the condo I totally dislike (just my own taste hor, dun flame me plse...)... Reason being the room size is way too cramp liao... With the premium price you paying, they only give compressed marble flooring and Laminated flooring for rooms.... Furthermore, space utilisation also not so great for me... Totally surrounded by HDB somemore... So give it a missed after first visit liao...:doh:

price
05-03-12, 17:09
Yes, both me and my hubby drives.... Hopefully I can get 2 parking lots in RS then.... Hehe. :)

are they only making 1 for each unit?

Just
05-03-12, 17:12
I'm not picky! just no luck i guess? :beats-me-man: been with one who cheated on me, one that has a crazy mum. :banghead:

I'll just focus on making $ first :cool:

Alamak..... Faintz!
Ya, now focus on making $.
You can start investing in small units lah.... Get a 2bedder will be good to start now.

Condoboy
05-03-12, 17:13
If future got baby 2-bedder will be a headache liao... Sometimes its not becos of the number of rooms. Its the extract storage space you need to keep all the kids stuffs... I've friends moved out of his 3-bedder Condo and bought a resale HDB mansion just becos she need a more spacious living area... haha, actually quite agreed with my friend and tat's why I ended up buying a compact 4-bedder instead of a initial 3-bedded...

Just
05-03-12, 17:14
In fact I've been to almost all the condo and EC showflat in Sengkang and Punggol area liao... Luxurie is one of the condo I totally dislike (just my own taste hor, dun flame me plse...)... Reason being the room size is way too cramp liao... With the premium price you paying, they only give compressed marble flooring and Laminated flooring for rooms.... Furthermore, space utilisation also not so great for me... Totally surrounded by HDB somemore... So give it a missed after first visit liao...:doh:

Ya. I think H2O is still better the Lux.
The rooms are really small and cramp. And with the premium $ paying... I reckon it's not worth it lor.

Yes I also do not like the surrounding despite it being near to Compasspoint.

The landscape also not nice.

Condoboy
05-03-12, 17:16
The rooms are really small and cramp. And with the premium $ paying... I reckon it's not worth it lor.

Yes, think RS is the nicest within Sengkang at the moment.... Hahaha, again forumer dun flame me hor... I'm just obsessed with my purchase that's all... keke... :p

Just
05-03-12, 17:16
If future got baby 2-bedder will be a headache liao... Sometimes its not becos of the number of rooms. Its the extract storage space you need to keep all the kids stuffs... I've friends moved out of his 3-bedder Condo and bought a resale HDB mansion just becos she need a more spacious living area... haha, actually quite agreed with my friend and tat's why I ended up buying a compact 4-bedder instead of a initial 3-bedded...

True also.
If smaller unit, then you will be forces to stop buying things... Hehe :)
Cos my HDB is EM... Big space big area... Ended up, I buy more things then my previous HDB 5room. Faintz....

So, you will be staying with your wife on your stack07?
No kids now?

Condoboy
05-03-12, 17:19

Ya, but H2O location abit more ulu and is $900+ psf... Think their sales hasn't got much changes since my first visit in January. Was there last week with friends to see NV model, sales of H20 like no change...

Just
05-03-12, 17:19
Yes, think RS is the nicest within Sengkang at the moment.... Hahaha, again forumer dun flame me hor... I'm just obsessed with my purchase that's all... keke... :p

I must say each project has it's plus point. But everybody's requirements are different.

Some goes for convenience.... Some goes for nice layout (like us).... Hehe :)
There's no right or wrong lah.

So long everyone is happy with own's purchase and that's it.

Now everybody looking forward to TOP then we can share Reno tips too :)

Just
05-03-12, 17:20
Ya, but H2O location abit more ulu and is $900+ psf... Think their sales hasn't got much changes since my first visit in January. Was there last week with friends to see NV model, sales of H20 like no change...

My hubby totally doesn't want to consider that cos we both finds the ground storage very stupid. Haha :)

Condoboy
05-03-12, 17:27
True also.
If smaller unit, then you will be forces to stop buying things... Hehe :)
Cos my HDB is EM... Big space big area... Ended up, I buy more things then my previous HDB 5room. Faintz....

So, you will be staying with your wife on your stack07?
No kids now?
Yes, together with my little baby princess. Will move to my inlaw place for the moment, also in SK. Sold my SK HDB to finance my RS purchase... Haha not like u can rent it out and still able to buy RS. Anyway good project.

RiverSound RiverSound.... China Big Brother, Plse TOP fast fast ok?!.... Can't wait to stay in it.... haha... But looking at their current construction work, there are already lots of Crane inside, drilling, digging... Saw today the ground got very big hole and with lots of metal rods liao... very happy!... ;p

Just
05-03-12, 17:33
Yes, together with my little baby princess. Will move to my inlaw place for the moment, also in SK. Sold my SK HDB to finance my RS purchase... Haha not like u can rent it out and still able to buy RS. Anyway good project.

RiverSound RiverSound.... China Big Brother, Plse TOP fast fast ok?!.... Can't wait to stay in it.... haha... But looking at their current construction work, there are already lots of Crane inside, drilling, digging... Saw today the ground got very big hole and with lots of metal rods liao... very happy!... ;p

Wow.... I'm also currently staying in SK... I stay compasspoint there nia.

Nice! Little princess :)

Oooo.... Is it? Got big hole with metal rods liao ah?

Hope can TOP early 2015 leh.... Can't wait too.

ysyap
05-03-12, 20:01

RiverSound RiverSound.... China Big Brother, Plse TOP fast fast ok?!.... Can't wait to stay in it.... haha... But looking at their current construction work, there are already lots of Crane inside, drilling, digging... Saw today the ground got very big hole and with lots of metal rods liao... very happy!... ;pReally glad for your purchase... nice to sense the smile on your face even when you're typing your postings. Too much of sense of anger when reading angry posts. Very little of such happy typing.. congrats to you... :cheers5:

Just
05-03-12, 20:04
Really glad for your purchase... nice to sense the smile on your face even when you're typing your postings. Too much of sense of anger when reading angry posts. Very little of such happy typing.. congrats to you... :cheers5:

Ya, happy posting.. Hehe. :)
:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:

Kenshinto80
05-03-12, 21:33

Just for the fun of it, another private Condo site close to H20 will be released in May'12 for bidding which will make or break CDL.

Riversound seems a good deal now in the district in view of the prevailing market condition with the excellent water features and Sky Terraces. Only concern will be the economic condition and the future launch coming up across the road. But good to see many sales for Riversound with more down to earth pricing than what Far East and Hong Leong are charging.

Just
05-03-12, 21:36
Just for the fun of it, another private Condo site close to H20 will be released in May'12 for bidding which will make or break CDL.

Riversound seems a good deal now in the district in view of the prevailing market condition with the excellent water features and Sky Terraces. Only concern will be the economic condition and the future launch coming up across the road. But good to see many sales for Riversound with more down to earth pricing than what Far East and Hong Leong are charging.

Oh really? Then I will keep a look out and go there kpo kpo after it's launched.... Since I'm looking for another 2bedder unit for future investment.
Hope the price will be reasonable.

Just
06-03-12, 10:13
Anyone whom had invested the dual-key units at RS?

price
06-03-12, 10:17
They have both 3 bedder and 4 bedder dual keys.

I must say after looking at the site/floor plans again i quite like this project :D

b13boy
06-03-12, 10:37
They have both 3 bedder and 4 bedder dual keys.

I must say after looking at the site/floor plans again i quite like this project :D

bro share why ar? this one ceiling height how?

price
06-03-12, 10:41

Pricing, environment, landscaping, facilities, layout are all not too bad

Only con I can think of is that location is not near MRT. But honestly, if will were to take proximity to MRT as a primary necessity then pricing will be very very different. My opinion is from a own stay perspective.

Just
06-03-12, 10:53
Yes. It's a nice project with good reasonable price.
Anyone interested? Can let me know.... If purchase thru me I can get referral fees and will share with you....hehe :)

For those unreleased stacks, I can also arrange with developer to get the unit (FYI, i got mine also reserved unreleased stacks) :)

price
06-03-12, 10:55
Yes. It's a nice project with good reasonable price.
Anyone interested? Can let me know.... If purchase thru me I can get referral fees and will share with you....hehe :)

For those unreleased stacks, I can also arrange with developer to get the unit (FYI, i got mine also reserved unreleased stacks) :)

:scared-1: How many % referral fees?

Just
06-03-12, 10:57
Pricing, environment, landscaping, facilities, layout are all not too bad

Only con I can think of is that location is not near MRT. But honestly, if will were to take proximity to MRT as a primary necessity then pricing will be very very different. My opinion is from a own stay perspective.

The new BTO across the road from RS...Hougang Capeview... there's shops, (kopitiam, supermarkets).

There's LRT station near RS and it's pretty easy to travel too. But ofcos location will not be as fantastic as luxurie or watertown lah.... hehe :)

Just
06-03-12, 10:58
:scared-1: How many % referral fees?

1% for me.... so buyer and me share lah... :)
if buy a $1mil unit... means we will both get $5k leh!
super hor? But this referral is not for everybody cos i know inside people mah.
if any buyer just walk-in.... will not get it lah. :)

devilplate
06-03-12, 10:59
RS looks gd for own stay

the only thing i am not comfortable is the developer.....

we shall noe when it TOP

Just
06-03-12, 11:00
RS looks gd for own stay

we shall noe when it TOP

Have faith in china developer la...we are protected by strict laws governing developers....btw many HDB flats were built by china firms...some of our mrt tunnels too....do u know MRT trains were first imported from Japan....now they are all from China....it's a tide we cannot stop now....

devilplate
06-03-12, 11:02
Have faith in china developer la...we are protected by strict laws governing developers....btw many HDB flats were built by china firms...some of our mrt tunnels too....do u know MRT trains were first imported from Japan....now they are all from China....it's a tide we cannot stop now....
okok....;)

price
06-03-12, 11:07
RS looks gd for own stay

we shall noe when it TOP

Check out their RP in 2014 lor. Since its sold out should be not bad lar hor?:scared-5:

price
06-03-12, 11:08
1% for me.... so buyer and me share lah... :)
if buy a $1mil unit... means we will both get $5k leh!
super hor? But this referral is not for everybody cos i know inside people mah.
if any buyer just walk-in.... will not get it lah. :)

Wah be a good bro and give buyers the 1% :D You can help them to move units faster! 25% discount!

Just
06-03-12, 11:11
Wah be a good bro and give buyers the 1% :D You can help them to move units faster! 25% discount!

hahaha... cos this is infact only specially for me nia leh... like that share the referral fees... will be win-win situation mah :)

Condoboy
06-03-12, 12:10
Ceiling height 2.9m. Quite standard nowadays for private condo.

Condoboy
06-03-12, 12:15
Think better dun talk about all these referral fees thingy here to prevent any unecessary conflict in any form... my 2cents.

lufu
06-03-12, 12:16
Price is good but laminated flooring in the bedroom was a huge turn off

Condoboy
06-03-12, 12:30
Price is good but laminated flooring in the bedroom was a huge turn off
haha, at first I also think tat laminated abit substandard. However nowadays alot of such projects gives only laminated flooring also... since the price is good, cost must cut somewhere mah.... Heard from friends that laminated is easier to maintain also. True or not huh?. My current house wooden strip flooring all kena lots of scratches liao, looks bad man...

Btw their living room is using hmogenious tiles which I find it looks far better than those compressed marble which most project now is giving. Though cheaper than compressed marble but its much more easier to maintain and more beautiful in my opinion. RS uses 80cm by 80cm tiles, damn nice and classy; catches my eyes straight away n fell in love when I first visit RS!... Whoohooo, u are mine....RS... haha:p

price
06-03-12, 12:36
I shall try asking my parents to get a unit and hopefully move here! :cool:

fclim
06-03-12, 12:56
haha, at first I also think tat laminated abit substandard. However nowadays alot of such projects gives only laminated flooring also... since the price is good, cost must cut somewhere mah.... Heard from friends that laminated is easier to maintain also. True or not huh?. My current house wooden strip flooring all kena lots of scratches liao, looks bad man...

Btw their living room is using hmogenious tiles which I find it looks far better than those compressed marble which most project now is giving. Though cheaper than compressed marble but its much more easier to maintain and more beautiful in my opinion. RS uses 80cm by 80cm tiles, damn nice and classy; catches my eyes straight away n fell in love when I first visit RS!... Whoohooo, u are mine....RS... haha:p

I asked my developer (not RS) to provide homogeneous floor tiles and skirting throughout including the bedrooms. Guess wat, they agreed at no extra cost. Originally was Timber parquet and skirting. But I find these difficult to maintain. If kenna water or leakage, gone liao. Skirting also tends to detach from the walls if not done properly. You can try to ask, maybe top up a few $K more.

Just
06-03-12, 13:13
Think better dun talk about all these referral fees thingy here to prevent any unecessary conflict in any form... my 2cents.

Yeah yeah :)

Just
06-03-12, 13:15

Yes yes! I was also attracted by the big floor tiles. Another that attracts me is the dry & wet kitchen (which I love so much).

As I love to cook and always host friends at my house,... thus thinking get a ground floor unit with patio will be ideal cos we can always host friends there.

Can't wait for RS to be ready.

Will try to drive over 1 of these days to see what's the progress now. :)

Just
06-03-12, 13:16
I shall try asking my parents to get a unit and hopefully move here! :cool:

yes yes... get a unit there and we be neighbour :)

Just
06-03-12, 13:18
riversound is on Streetdirectory =)

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_56493/travel_site_1/

price
06-03-12, 13:39
yes yes... get a unit there and we be neighbour :)

Yes yes, my gf agreed on going down with me this weekend :) if ur there we'll see you! :cheers4:

Just
06-03-12, 13:49
Yes yes, my gf agreed on going down with me this weekend :) if ur there we'll see you! :cheers4:

Sure!
You go and see my unit stack25 ground floor :)
PM you my contact :)

Just
06-03-12, 14:19
Attached is the Site Plan :)

Just
06-03-12, 16:42
Does anyone knows that there's a new Condo coming up near Riversound?
It's across the road... Just googled and saw it!

It's called : Riversails

Waiting to see more updates on this new project... but seems like its quite a big project that has about 900units!

ysyap
06-03-12, 16:45

Waiting to see more updates on this new project... but seems like its quite a big project that has about 900units!This place is exploding... :)

price
06-03-12, 16:47

Waiting to see more updates on this new project... but seems like its quite a big project that has about 900units!

Wow! What kinda sizes?

Just
06-03-12, 16:51
Wow! What kinda sizes?

ysyap : yes, this place is gonna be flooded with BTO, DBSS, EC & PC... hehe :)

price : no details released yet.

Condoboy
06-03-12, 16:55

yeh, some info here http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hougang+condo+site+not+so+popular+with+developers/

Condoboy
06-03-12, 16:57
Tot tat this location can be good since the BTOs near boathouse will provide lots of ammenities, makan... But saw the BTO pix along the boathouse DAMN nice, really is riverfront living...

ysyap
06-03-12, 17:00
Tot tat this location can be good since the BTOs near boathouse will provide lots of ammenities, makan... But saw the BTO pix along the boathouse DAMN nice, really is riverfront living...Nice place indeed... can jog to Punggol eat seafood then take a leisure stroll back home as part of evening exercise! :cheers5:

Condoboy
06-03-12, 17:16

wah 900 units?!... if landscaping no good, weekend go for a swim also need to queue man....:banghead:

ysyap
06-03-12, 17:19
wah 900 units?!... if landscaping no good, weekend go for a swim also need to queue man....:banghead:Check out Minton further down... its 11xx units... need 3 pools to cater to the demands... :o

Condoboy
06-03-12, 17:26
Check out Minton further down... its 11xx units... need 3 pools to cater to the demands... :o
Tat's also one of the reason i give Minton a miss... I think that condo will feel very crowded...

Just
06-03-12, 18:09
Ya the new BTO next to Boathouse is damn nice.

Just
06-03-12, 18:11
Tat's also one of the reason i give Minton a miss... I think that condo will feel very crowded...

Same here. Find it too crowded.... imagine machiam need to Q up to jump into the pool.

Just
06-03-12, 18:12
Nice place indeed... can jog to Punggol eat seafood then take a leisure stroll back home as part of evening exercise! :cheers5:

True!
Can take slow stroll walk to Punggol and eat seafood or play golf at the new range... haha :)

Think by 2015, this place will have a brand new look and it sure feels great cos it's all Riverside lifestyle. :cheers4:

Libserge
06-03-12, 22:26
For those who own 2 cars, how? Each reSident only got 1 lot.. Can't be taking visitor lot right?

Just
06-03-12, 22:37
For those who own 2 cars, how? Each reSident only got 1 lot.. Can't be taking visitor lot right?

Hi Libserge
Well, don't know lor... Cos me will need 2 lots.
Anyway, will see how when TOP.

Libserge
06-03-12, 22:42
That is a prob.. Extra 6 lots , no fiber connection.....

Just
06-03-12, 23:02
Libserge,
It should have. You check the floor plan catalog.. At the back... Think it did indicate 'Openet'. That is fiber.
It's mandatory by IDA that openet is a must.
But I think we should all appeal to developer for Ethernet cables to all the bedrooms.

Libserge
06-03-12, 23:14
Oh okok thank u for the info... My agent dunno. Ha. Ya u are right.. Shod have connection in the room

Just
06-03-12, 23:15
Oh okok thank u for the info... My agent dunno. Ha. Ya u are right.. Shod have connection in the room

Maybe we should all write in and appeal to developer to have Ethernet cables to all bedrooms.

ysyap
07-03-12, 01:06
Maybe we should all write in and appeal to developer to have Ethernet cables to all bedrooms.If really don't have then I guess you guys can write in to request. In their bid to establish themselves in Singapore, they might just allow it... ;)

darling
10-03-12, 02:09
Ya, happy posting.. Hehe. :)
:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5:
Congrats on your purchase. Actually I stay near RS. :) compare to the other condo here, I think RS got a nice environment as it is not so crowded in that at least there is this empty space coz of this river thingy. My HDB shares this river view n I love this place a lot :) it's so convenient - in case u dunno, the ntuc here is 24 hr. :) :) and there is a seven eleven also. Anytime can go down n buy things.

I was considering buying this or Parc RW. The sim lian agent who served me in RS is so good but somehow ended up buying Parc RW. Think sometime buying a house is like 'yuan fen' very strange. Like a feeling thingy.

But I tell U har a lot of Indians national is moving in here :simmering: ... Long story short... U c a lot of them at river vale plaza n sometimes pretend to cut queue in ntuc blah blah... :simmering: An old uncle here commented that he fed up of them n wanted to move back to a n g mo kio .hahaha a...

ysyap
10-03-12, 06:25
Congrats on your purchase. Actually I stay near RS. :) compare to the other condo here, I think RS got a nice environment as it is not so crowded in that at least there is this empty space coz of this river thingy. My HDB shares this river view n I love this place a lot :) it's so convenient - in case u dunno, the ntuc here is 24 hr. :) :) and there is a seven eleven also. Anytime can go down n buy things.

I was considering buying this or Parc RW. The sim lian agent who served me in RS is so good but somehow ended up buying Parc RW. Think sometime buying a house is like 'yuan fen' very strange. Like a feeling thingy.

But I tell U har a lot of Indians national is moving in here :simmering: ... Long story short... U c a lot of them at river vale plaza n sometimes pretend to cut queue in ntuc blah blah... :simmering: An old uncle here commented that he fed up of them n wanted to move back to a n g mo kio .hahaha a...That NTUC is a fire hazardous place. Once fire breaks out, sure kill alot of people. Its so so so crowded, not with people only but the sales products, shelves, etc. No fun shopping there... :scared-3:

darling
10-03-12, 16:25
That NTUC is a fire hazardous place. Once fire breaks out, sure kill alot of people. Its so so so crowded, not with people only but the sales products, shelves, etc. No fun shopping there... :scared-3:
... Maid go buy mah..kekekekeeee....:p

Actually u buy things u need ok lah.... Dun go during those 'ah soh' marketing time lah...

ysyap
10-03-12, 20:48

Actually u buy things u need ok lah.... Dun go during those 'ah soh' marketing time lah...Think they are the only NTUC in S'pore that provides those super mini basket to hold the goods before payment... very cute baskets... can barely move about inside comfortably.

hyenergix
10-03-12, 22:14

Actually u buy things u need ok lah.... Dun go during those 'ah soh' marketing time lah...

Every ah soh knows, it's Tuesday.

Every Tuesday, seniors aged 60 and above enjoy an additional 2 percent discount off their purchases at FairPrice. Launched in 2002, the FairPrice Seniors Discount Scheme not only helps seniors save on their grocery bills, it also serves to encourage seniors to lead an active lifestyle through grocery shopping. Some 80,000 seniors visit FairPrice every Tuesday to enjoy the additional discount.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PressReleaseDisplayView?langId=-1&storeId=90001&catalogId=10053&actionFlag=T&Corporate=Y&pressReleaseId=32001 (http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PressReleaseDisplayView?langId=-1&storeId=90001&catalogId=10053&actionFlag=T&Corporate=Y&pressReleaseId=32001)

ysyap
11-03-12, 00:03
Every ah soh knows, it's Tuesday.

Every Tuesday, seniors aged 60 and above enjoy an additional 2 percent discount off their purchases at FairPrice. Launched in 2002, the FairPrice Seniors Discount Scheme not only helps seniors save on their grocery bills, it also serves to encourage seniors to lead an active lifestyle through grocery shopping. Some 80,000 seniors visit FairPrice every Tuesday to enjoy the additional discount.

http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PressReleaseDisplayView?langId=-1&storeId=90001&catalogId=10053&actionFlag=T&Corporate=Y&pressReleaseId=32001 (http://www.fairprice.com.sg/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PressReleaseDisplayView?langId=-1&storeId=90001&catalogId=10053&actionFlag=T&Corporate=Y&pressReleaseId=32001)
Seniors can make a business out of this... push one trolley full of goods bought on behalf of others and share that additional discount... :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
11-03-12, 13:18
Saw the tv ad. Use mediacorpse artistes again. Like Parc Rosewood, when they endorse such projects does it mean they really bought a unit there? Or given additional discount of say few tens of thousands?

kane
11-03-12, 16:21
Was at the showroom earlier, quite a few families there. Not bad lah. With the river view and park. But how are the amenities in the area?

ysyap
11-03-12, 21:34
Was at the showroom earlier, quite a few families there. Not bad lah. With the river view and park. But how are the amenities in the area?now cannot make it. When TOP will be slightly better... but still :scared-4: maybe after BTO and other projects are completed then it should be much much better. :47:

Condoboy
12-03-12, 07:30
now cannot make it. When TOP will be slightly better... but still :scared-4: maybe after BTO and other projects are completed then it should be much much better. :47:
Lots of existing Amenities, near MRT, Good view etc.. All this equates to high prices. However RS is now priced considerably low and knowing tat in the future more amenities will be coming up nearby, hence it's a good time to buy before all tat happens. Just my take.

ysyap
12-03-12, 08:14
Lots of existing Amenities, near MRT, Good view etc.. All this equates to high prices. However RS is now priced considerably low and knowing tat in the future more amenities will be coming up nearby, hence it's a good time to buy before all tat happens. Just my take.Provided you have intentions to hold that property for at least 5 to 8 years minimum when amenities and popularity grows. ;)

kane
12-03-12, 09:25
Lots of existing Amenities, near MRT, Good view etc.. All this equates to high prices. However RS is now priced considerably low and knowing tat in the future more amenities will be coming up nearby, hence it's a good time to buy before all tat happens. Just my take.

View is ok, where's the nearest mrt and amenities?

Condoboy
12-03-12, 09:46
Provided you have intentions to hold that property for at least 5 to 8 years minimum when amenities and popularity grows. ;)
3-yrs to build, stay 4-5yrs after the over supply of housings n hopefully for prices to stabilize n starts rising will be able time liao. Tats wat I tot. But of cos we will never be 100% sure of the future market, just so prediction. Keeping my finger crossed.

Anyway if market continues to be gloomy then, just carry on holding loh. Anyway it's really a nice project in my opinion. ;)

Condoboy
12-03-12, 09:50
View is ok, where's the nearest mrt and amenities?
Nearest is the Kangkar LRT, abt 5-6 min walk from main entrance. Over at the LRT station also have 24hrs NTUC, wet market, Mc, KFC n a ulu looking Rivervale Plaza (undergoing major renovation now, hopefully will be nice).

Condoboy
12-03-12, 09:56
Saw the tv ad. Use mediacorpse artistes again. Like Parc Rosewood, when they endorse such projects does it mean they really bought a unit there? Or given additional discount of say few tens of thousands?
Oh didn't see the add man... Who's the celebrities huh? Haha... Dun think they endorse means they bought a unit there lah... Just some paid publicity lah... Haha

ysyap
12-03-12, 11:52
3-yrs to build, stay 4-5yrs after the over supply of housings n hopefully for prices to stabilize n starts rising will be able time liao. Tats wat I tot. But of cos we will never be 100% sure of the future market, just so prediction. Keeping my finger crossed.

Anyway if market continues to be gloomy then, just carry on holding loh. Anyway it's really a nice project in my opinion. ;)Well be prepared that if you move in and you like the project so so much, you don't want to move even after 8 years when market is doing good. hahaha... :D

kane
12-03-12, 12:12
Once the amenities are there, it becomes harder to move.

Condoboy
12-03-12, 15:02
Well be prepared that if you move in and you like the project so so much, you don't want to move even after 8 years when market is doing good. hahaha... :D

haha... its ok for me not to move lah... in fact i hate to move house lah... unless the profit is too irresistable tat makes me "no choice" but to sell... haha :p

ysyap
12-03-12, 18:28
haha... its ok for me not to move lah... in fact i hate to move house lah... unless the profit is too irresistable tat makes me "no choice" but to sell... haha :pIdeal case is don't use houses for own stay for investment transaction, use investment properties if your financial capacity allows. The moving process is :scared-1: unless you are single. :cheers1:

Just
12-03-12, 23:11
Hi friends :)
Sorry, I was away for a short tri and had just got back! How's everybody here?

ysyap
13-03-12, 07:37
Sorry, I was away for a short tri and had just got back! How's everybody here?No need to say 'sorry'... welcome back... market hasn't crashed. Construction work is still going on in this project. :cheers1:

price
13-03-12, 08:26
Sorry, I was away for a short tri and had just got back! How's everybody here?

Welcome back sista! :nuked: this should be more than 60% sold by now

Condoboy
13-03-12, 09:44
welcome back!

Condoboy
13-03-12, 09:46
Still havent got a chance to see the TV Commercial for RS... faint, haha...

price
13-03-12, 09:51
Still havent got a chance to see the TV Commercial for RS... faint, haha...
Maybe they only advertise after 2am

ysyap
13-03-12, 11:06
Still havent got a chance to see the TV Commercial for RS... faint, haha...You haven't seen the commercial you say you faint... what happens if you were to see it? :p

Condoboy
13-03-12, 21:51
Haha finally saw the RS Tv Ad.... Faint e 2nd time... Do brief until duno wat they talking also. Didn't even being out the selling point of RS...

ysyap
14-03-12, 06:47
Haha finally saw the RS Tv Ad.... Faint e 2nd time... Do brief until duno wat they talking also. Didn't even being out the selling point of RS...So what is the selling point of RS? :rolleyes:

price
14-03-12, 08:41
So what is the selling point of RS? :rolleyes:
cheap... thats about it?

Just
14-03-12, 09:24
Yes! I saw the tv AD. Nothing interesting leh... Hehe :beats-me-man:

Wow... 60% sold out of the 590 units? That's quite a good result.
So now they launch phase2 ah?

Just
14-03-12, 09:25
Hi Price, Condoboy, ysyap
Good morning! :)

buttercarp
14-03-12, 09:27
So Hong Huifang and Zheng Geping endorse it means what?
Are they going to stay there?
Will the residents be their neighbours?
Btw.... I think their daughter is pretty!:)

Condoboy
14-03-12, 15:36
cheap... thats about it?
haha, price is probably one of the selling point also lah.

I tot tat they should be talking more on the "Wellness of the 6 senses", the Sky Terrace and also more of the Wellness Lifestyle, since this project is built around this theme, with lots of water in mind n view in mind. Rather to keep talking about nearby amenities, LRT etc... Though these are important but I thought they should be more focus on the project overall theme.

Nowadays Condo near to MRT or amenities alone will not 100% attract buyers already in my opnion. Buyers nowadays are spoilt for choice. If the condo facilties, appearance and even the landscaping is no good, even next to MRT will not necessary capture buyers heart totally.

Quote for example Watertown, FEO dun market it just becos its near to MRT. They have to go even further to market their project as a Modern lifestyle ie living next to the Waterfront, integrated with Shopping Malls 3x larger than Wisma, SOHO young S'porean modern living, Francesco Drinking and dining experience etc... That's why even when they sell at 1.1k-1.3k psf people still buy... I personally dun think Treasure Trove which is 200m to the MRT can command this type of premium, where is the theme in the project?... Hence near to MRT is not everything in my humble opinion.

I personally like RS becos of its beautiful landscaping, couple with good price and is within Sengkang (near to in-law), so that why I bought lor...

Just my humble opinion lah, no right or wrong lah.. :D

azeoprop
14-03-12, 17:14
Well at least among the new launches around the area, this riversound is the only project to have confirmed unblocked views of the river. :)

price
14-03-12, 17:15
Well at least among the new launches around the area, this riversound is the only project to have confirmed unblocked views of the river. :)
any new photos ? :D:D

Xan
14-03-12, 17:31

I tot tat they should be talking more on the "Wellness of the 6 senses", the Sky Terrace and also more of the Wellness Lifestyle, since this project is built around this theme, with lots of water in mind n view in mind. Rather to keep talking about nearby amenities, LRT etc... Though these are important but I thought they should be more focus on the project overall theme.

Nowadays Condo near to MRT or amenities alone will not 100% attract buyers already in my opnion. Buyers nowadays are spoilt for choice. If the condo facilties, appearance and even the landscaping is no good, even next to MRT will not necessary capture buyers heart totally.

Quote for example Watertown, FEO dun market it just becos its near to MRT. They have to go even further to market their project as a Modern lifestyle ie living next to the Waterfront, integrated with Shopping Malls 3x larger than Wisma, SOHO young S'porean modern living, Francesco Drinking and dining experience etc... That's why even when they sell at 1.1k-1.3k psf people still buy... I personally dun think Treasure Trove which is 200m to the MRT can command this type of premium, where is the theme in the project?... Hence near to MRT is not everything in my humble opinion.

I personally like RS becos of its beautiful landscaping, couple with good price and is within Sengkang (near to in-law), so that why I bought lor...

Just my humble opinion lah, no right or wrong lah.. :D

I share some part of your opinion and agree RS is indeed good for self stay.
Like the surrounding environment as it is quiet, unblocked, serene. But from investment point of view, RS might not be my option.
I also think ripplebay, or the new hoi hup plot might be very nice to stay esp those facing sea view in pasir ris.

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:46
actually RS got unblocked views meh? i rmbr all like block block one leh....pocketed punggol park view at very best rite for certain stacks?

GForce
14-03-12, 18:49
High floor north facing will get the nice river view!
This project is nice coz it has many water features n cascading some more!
Most Atas is the sky terrace! Only one in the whole of SK.

kane
14-03-12, 19:49
High floor north facing will get the nice river view!
This project is nice coz it has many water features n cascading some more!
Most Atas is the sky terrace! Only one in the whole of SK.

What view do you get from sky terrace?

ysyap
14-03-12, 22:01
Hi Price, Condoboy, ysyap
Good morning! :)12 hours later, Good night!!! :D

ysyap
14-03-12, 22:02
Well at least among the new launches around the area, this riversound is the only project to have confirmed unblocked views of the river. :)Unblock only coz of the roads? All land in this area will eventually be totally used for high rise projects... :o

kane
14-03-12, 22:33
Unblock only coz of the roads? All land in this area will eventually be totally used for high rise projects... :o

Across the road is park connecter that they can't develop on right?

Just
15-03-12, 00:00
So do we have new RS neighbours reporting here lately?
Sorry... Will be busy with work till next week thus will be slow slow in reply :doh:

ysyap
15-03-12, 05:49
Across the road is park connecter that they can't develop on right?Anything can happen but I think that piece of land will not be a big enough for big projects anyway... :spliff:

lufu
15-03-12, 08:02

it's cheap for a reason?
The laminated flooring for the bedrooms was a turn off. even HDB BTO doesn't use laminated flooring.

Developer could have done better in my opinion

Condoboy
15-03-12, 09:49
it's cheap for a reason?
The laminated flooring for the bedrooms was a turn off. even HDB BTO doesn't use laminated flooring.

Developer could have done better in my opinion
Haha the laminated flooring is not a concerned for me, so it doesn't affect my decision to buy RS. Even my own Hdb is using wooden strips n I personally find them hard to maintain n easy to chip off. So it's individual preference lah. ;)

Condoboy
15-03-12, 09:52
Anything can happen but I think that piece of land will not be a big enough for big projects anyway... :spliff:
Ya dun think tat plot of land can built any residential. Saw the last time they pitch some tentages to hold some carnivals. Quite a cool area to hold something like this there as its beside the River. ;)

price
15-03-12, 11:27
Wow they are advertising on radio stations. heard it in the car this morning on class 95

buttercarp
15-03-12, 13:22
Wow they are advertising on radio stations. heard it in the car this morning on class 95
Yup.... they keep on advertising and advertising.
Last weekend happen to drive pass it and the advertisment on class 95 happen at the same time, just nice, i pointed the development to my kids and told them this is the place they have been hearing about on the radio.

Condoboy
15-03-12, 17:43
Aggressive marketing man... But still find the Radio Ad crap also... Why mentioned endorsed by the celebrities?... So wat if they endorse? faint...:doh:

GForce
15-03-12, 17:49
What view do you get from sky terrace?
This project has 2 sky terraces on the 13th level extending to 14th floor.
The south facing one will get to see the the cross junction intersection, river n BTOs towards boathouse direction.
The north facing will get to see the river n BTOs towards punggol.
Personally I think north facing better.

ysyap
15-03-12, 20:46
This project has 2 sky terraces on the 13th level extending to 14th floor.
The south facing one will get to see the the cross junction intersection, river n BTOs towards boathouse direction.
The north facing will get to see the river n BTOs towards punggol.
Personally I think north facing better.The north wind is generally colder... shiok! :cheers1:

hyenergix
15-03-12, 20:48
Aggressive marketing man... But still find the Radio Ad crap also... Why mentioned endorsed by the celebrities?... So wat if they endorse? faint...:doh:

Buyers are going to pay for their endorsements.

buttercarp
15-03-12, 22:12
Buyers are going to pay for their endorsements.

Agree, part of the sum paid to the celebrity with be passed onto someone.
Therefore I tend not to buy things that are endorsed by celebrities eg some cosmetics and beauty products.
I prefer low key but effective products.
However, this is the first time I hear a development is endorsed by the celebrity!

ysyap
15-03-12, 22:18
Therefore I tend not to buy things that are endorsed by celebrities eg some cosmetics and beauty products.
However, this is the first time I hear a development is endorsed by the celebrity!Certainly not the first time for celebrity endorsement...

Just
15-03-12, 23:45
Wow... Does that means I'm the lucky ones whom made my purchase during the January launch? Cos the price is kinda much cheaper.... And I think now the price gone up cos they need to pay celebrities? Search me :beats-me-man:

ysyap
16-03-12, 06:22
Wow... Does that means I'm the lucky ones whom made my purchase during the January launch? Cos the price is kinda much cheaper.... And I think now the price gone up cos they need to pay celebrities? Search me :beats-me-man:Congrats on your purchase again... :o

Condoboy
16-03-12, 08:51
However, this is the first time I hear a development is endorsed by the celebrity!
No lah.... Any development or products also have some form of marketing budget set aside one lah. Whether is it through Radio, TV Ad, used of Celebrity or not all these are part of this marketing budget set aside way way before the project is even launched lah... It cannot be the case tat they increase the price now so tat they can finance their current TV Ad lah... Make no sense lah...

Endorsement by Celebrity is just a gimmick to attract buyers attention as they can better relate to a public figure rather than an Ah Meiw or Ah Gao trying to convince u in buying. It's just some marketing strategies lah. You also never see SK2 market their 神奇水using any ulu celefeir rite?... Haha

buttercarp
16-03-12, 12:52
Endorsement by Celebrity is just a gimmick to attract buyers attention as they can better relate to a public figure rather than an Ah Meiw or Ah Gao trying to convince u in buying. It's just some marketing strategies lah. You also never see SK2 market their 神奇水using any ulu celefeir rite?... Haha

Agree with you that the celebrity will attract attention.
As for SKII I never used before.
I won't pay for miracle water that celebrities endorse cos part of the high price is likely used to pay them.
Aiya.... just use Newater can already lah.

Just
16-03-12, 23:59
Condoboy,
Wow... I like your explanation and description using SKII.. Haha. :)

Just
17-03-12, 00:00
Congrats on your purchase again... :o

Thanks ysyap :)

yowetan
17-03-12, 19:01
What is the mean psf now?

Is this riversound residence worthy to buy?

Condoboy
17-03-12, 19:52

Is this riversound residence worthy to buy?
Bro this is not an easy question to answer. Everyone's perspective of the project is different. I personally like it and tats why I buy. So it's worth it for me lor.

Duno abt the price now though. Shld be still ard $820-850 psf bah.

ysyap
17-03-12, 21:54

Is this riversound residence worthy to buy?From the many posts in this thread, the general feel is its a decent project. You probably need a more negative perspective to gain a clearer and more balanced view. One person's medicine might be another's poison! :cheers1:

yowetan
17-03-12, 21:58
From the many posts in this thread, the general feel is its a decent project. You probably need a more negative perspective to gain a clearer and more balanced view. One person's medicine might be another's poison! :cheers1:

I have just visited the showflat today. The price quoted to me is around 897 to 920sgd/psf. This is way higher than some forumers manage to get.

The layout is decent, and the landscaping is acceptable. However the carpark space is indeed worrying as the visitor/excess lots is not impressive.

The location is abit way-off, and quite inaccessible. As much as I like the project development as a whole, there are some details that doesnt goes well with me and my wife.

Price is not attractive anymore.

Condoboy
17-03-12, 22:08
I have just visited the showflat today. The price quoted to me is around 897 to 920sgd/psf. This is way higher than some forumers manage to get.

The layout is decent, and the landscaping is acceptable. However the carpark space is indeed worrying as the visitor/excess lots is not impressive.

The location is abit way-off, and quite inaccessible. As much as I like the project development as a whole, there are some details that doesnt goes well with me and my wife.

Price is not attractive anymore.can check your 920 psf is base on how many bedroom n wat size? How much discount are they giving now?

ysyap
17-03-12, 22:13

Price is not attractive anymore.If you can live with the 'abit way-off' and price is the biggest obstacle, then just offer at S$850 psf and see if developer will burge... no harm trying provided you are comfortable with S$850 psf... :cool:

yowetan
17-03-12, 22:16
can check your 920 psf is base on how many bedroom n wat size? How much discount are they giving now?

I am refering to 3 and 4 room units respectively at stack 35/36.

The discount based on the handsome agent, was at 20% this afternoon.

I do not think it is affordable.

yowetan
17-03-12, 22:18
If you can live with the 'abit way-off' and price is the biggest obstacle, then just offer at S$850 psf and see if developer will burge... no harm trying provided you are comfortable with S$850 psf... :cool:

Interestingly, there are a few couples/families that were touring the 4 room showflat unit. Two families immediately "yelling" that they want to book the unit(s).

I am just viewing and with the quoted price, I do not think they would offer anything lower since there are so many willing buyers in the showroom.

Condoboy
17-03-12, 22:28
I am refering to 3 and 4 room units respectively at stack 35/36.

The discount based on the handsome agent, was at 20% this afternoon.

I do not think it is affordable.
Ha bro, those 2 are the premium stack, pool facing some more sure more ex. If other stack not pool facing n low floor sure can be ard $850 psf. $850 psf is abt the standard price of new condo nowadays. Anything less is really a bonus. $900+ psf for 3-bedroom is quite normal also. The bigger u buy, the lower the psf.

yowetan
17-03-12, 22:35
Ha bro, those 2 are the premium stack, pool facing some more sure more ex. If other stack not pool facing n low floor sure can be ard $850 psf. $850 psf is abt the standard price of new condo nowadays. Anything less is really a bonus. $900+ psf for 3-bedroom is quite normal also. The bigger u buy, the lower the psf.

Coincidentally, I have also requested for the stack 25/26/27/28 facing Punggol Park.

Price quoted is around 891sgd/psf.

The only 671+++sgd/psf is for the stack 26 PH.

As said before, it seems that price indeed increases.

Condoboy
18-03-12, 11:21
Coincidentally, I have also requested for the stack 25/26/27/28 facing Punggol Park.

Price quoted is around 891sgd/psf.

The only 671+++sgd/psf is for the stack 26 PH.

As said before, it seems that price indeed increases.
Maybe you choose low floor so tat the psf can come down further also lor. Actually if u really interested and ready with cheque on hand. I'm they can give a slightly better discount. At least my agent is able to fight for me on tat lor... :)

yowetan
18-03-12, 11:41
Maybe you choose low floor so tat the psf can come down further also lor. Actually if u really interested and ready with cheque on hand. I'm they can give a slightly better discount. At least my agent is able to fight for me on tat lor... :)

Low floor is definitely out for me; I do not like low floor without views given the fact that the place is already out of nowhere. What else do I benefit if I benchmark myself lower just to own a condo unit? It doesn't make any logical sense. I would prefer to cross that street and get a HDB instead.

I doubt the agent will able to dish out favorable or attractive discount more than 20%, the agent confidently says the discount of 20% is valid till this weekend. There are many buyers out there to bite the bait.

Xan
18-03-12, 11:48
Low floor is definitely out for me; I do not like low floor without views given the fact that the place is already out of nowhere. What else do I benefit if I benchmark myself lower just to own a condo unit? It doesn't make any logical sense. I would prefer to cross that street and get a HDB instead.

I doubt the agent will able to dish out favorable or attractive discount more than 20%, the agent confidently says the discount of 20% is valid till this weekend. There are many buyers out there to bite the bait.

Seriously, can wait for the wee hur. No need gan Jiong.

yowetan
18-03-12, 11:50
Seriously, can wait for the wee hur. No need gan Jiong.

Yes, I am waiting; in fact, I am hoping for a crash or major correction on 2nd half 2012.

I hope majority will caught in rising interest with margin call(s) and looking forward to geniune firesales if any.

Then, with crops of TOP project developments it will be interesting to see how low is low then.

I am just hoping, and please do not flame me for that.

Xan
18-03-12, 11:55
Yes, I am waiting; in fact, I am hoping for a crash or major correction on 2nd half 2012.

I hope majority will caught in rising interest with margin call(s) and looking forward to geniune firesales if any.

Then, with crops of TOP project developments it will be interesting to see how low is low then.

Haha, no worries, I was hoping for that as well to increase my portfolio.
But somehow very difficult esp those who paid 40% upfront and certainly these people can hold. Margin calls? Not possible.
I sense u quite obsess with punggol. Not many can appreciate its beauty, esp pple like me never stay in punggol at all, but spending my whole weekend at punggol for recreational activities.

teddybear
18-03-12, 11:57
If you hope price to crash or drop in OCR like Punggol, you have to ask govt to implement CM6 specifically targeted at these OCR areas, otherwise no hope! So far, all the CMs are not meant to do that. :beats-me-man:

teddybear
18-03-12, 12:01
These people never ever pay 40% upfront for new launch properties lah, they only paid 10% only! :tsk-tsk:
Most of these people don't even have 40% CASH to pay upfront and still have CASH left over to renovate etc, so die die must buy new launch. Anybody who genuinely need a property for own stay would be better off and can get better deal with resale, which is 35% or more cheaper than the new launch in the same vicinity, and can immediately take occupation for own stay and don't have to pay interest for uncompleted properties! :ashamed1:

Haha, no worries, I was hoping for that as well to increase my portfolio.
But somehow very difficult esp those who paid 40% upfront and certainly these people can hold. Margin calls? Not possible.
I sense u quite obsess with punggol. Not many can appreciate its beauty, esp pple like me never stay in punggol at all, but spending my whole weekend at punggol for recreational activities.

kane
18-03-12, 12:06
If you hope price to crash or drop in OCR like Punggol, you have to ask govt to implement CM6 specifically targeted at these OCR areas, otherwise no hope! So far, all the CMs are not meant to do that. :beats-me-man:

Actually, price is suppose to be the invisible hand and clearing mechanism to divide OCR and CCR. But somehow, people have been sucking up OCR at prices nearing CCR. Are people tired of living in the heart of the city? If someone has a logical explanation please let me know. Prices are so transparent that people would naturally gravitatw towards to best value per dollar paid in either direction.

Xan
18-03-12, 12:18
These people never ever pay 40% upfront for new launch properties lah, they only paid 10% only! :tsk-tsk:
Most of these people don't even have 40% CASH to pay upfront and still have CASH left over to renovate etc, so die die must buy new launch. Anybody who genuinely need a property for own stay would be better off and can get better deal with resale, which is 35% or more cheaper than the new launch in the same vicinity, and can immediately take occupation for own stay and don't have to pay interest for uncompleted properties! :ashamed1:

Hmm, I guess u maybe right.
I'm those who buy only if i got ready cash (say at least 40% plus enough buffer in the bank for rainy days) so no further worries paying the lump sum subsequently.

Pay 10%? No la, usually 20% within 8 weeks.
I cannot imagine those who can only afford 10% dare to buy and within 8 weeks must squeeze out a total of 20% to buy a property. Very stressful.

Xan
18-03-12, 12:33
Actually, price is suppose to be the invisible hand and clearing mechanism to divide OCR and CCR. But somehow, people have been sucking up OCR at prices nearing CCR. Are people tired of living in the heart of the city? If someone has a logical explanation please let me know. Prices are so transparent that people would naturally gravitatw towards to best value per dollar paid in either direction.

It boils down to individual needs.
If I don't work in city, i can live without going city for the whole week.
If I want buy groceries, do u think I will travel all the way to orchard ion to thirty six market to buy groceries (which is usually more expensive) or rather get my basic stuffs at neighborhood NTUC?
If want to watch movie, I will just hang out at neighbourhood nearby cinema.
If want cycling, i don't hv to drive to east coast but rather theres Plenty of connectors at the neighbourhood next to punggol with clean nice beautiful landscape.
City lotsa ERP and generally involves higher spending.
Hate driving to city as every time need to top up my cash card just for ERP and expensive parking fee.

Xan
18-03-12, 12:42

Sometimes environment also plays a part.
Drove down to geylang to view the centra residence.
It's surrounded by a yellow ugly looking building inside the lorong lane.
Near to sleazy business too.
True, very near city, price also of low quantum, somemore FH, but would u buy?
Maybe yes to some but not everyone.

lufu
18-03-12, 13:00

What do you mean 10%?
They can only loan 60% and 40% has to be paid in cash/CPF.

lufu
18-03-12, 13:01

It's going to be a rather long wait.. for OCR I mean.

Leeds
18-03-12, 13:03

The logical answers seem to be like this:

1. Most buyers are from the neighborhood and thus more familiar with the locations and the lifestyles of OCR.
2. Prefer to live near parents or relatives who mostly live in OCR.
3. Too many new launches in OCR and also consist of many MM type, thus psf price is high and hence even resale prices are high or at least asking prices are high.
4. CCR has few or no new launches and hence resale prices are inching down and hence the narrowing price gap between CCR and OCR.

Xan
18-03-12, 13:04
What do you mean 10%?
They can only loan 60% and 40% has to be paid in cash/CPF.

I don't get it from him also.
Anyway, u buy new launch, u need pay 5% upfront then follow by 15% within eight weeks.
If u loan 60%, subsequently the following 9 to 12 mths, another 10%.
Then finally the last 10% to be paid another 9 to 12 mths later.

Condoboy
18-03-12, 14:46

oh so you are asking all for high floor ah... haha sure psf high lah. Understood liao. Why low floor out for you leh? My current HDB also top floor ie 17, but tot that I can have a change to get lower floor, face abit of pool to appreciate the Condo style living lor... haha anyway that's just me lah...:)

Well if HDB is still your preference then dun wait liao lor... Price of HDB also not cheap nowadays, can cost $500-$600k for DBSS.... :eek:

Condoboy
18-03-12, 14:55

Happy waiting lor ;)

kane
18-03-12, 15:45
The logical answers seem to be like this:

1. Most buyers are from the neighborhood and thus more familiar with the locations and the lifestyles of OCR.
2. Prefer to live near parents or relatives who mostly live in OCR.
3. Too many new launches in OCR and also consist of many MM type, thus psf price is high and hence even resale prices are high or at least asking prices are high.
4. CCR has few or no new launches and hence resale prices are inching down and hence the narrowing price gap between CCR and OCR.

The prices i have in mind are the non mm prices. Those are near RV and Novena/Newton resale/subsale prices. So no one's gravitated to those areas anymore? I can understand the near parents part though. When you have kids, you rather not shuttle around.

price
18-03-12, 23:37

:scared-4: Which world do u live in?:eek:

price
18-03-12, 23:47
Sometimes environment also plays a part.
Drove down to geylang to view the centra residence.
It's surrounded by a yellow ugly looking building inside the lorong lane.
Near to sleazy business too.
True, very near city, price also of low quantum, somemore FH, but would u buy?
Maybe yes to some but not everyone.

Yea, the Yellow Building is an ultra turnoff. either u Face that building, or the busy main road. :banghead: But thanks to straits times advertisement i think most units are sold. I wonder who can take only7mins to walk to kallang from there though.

cotter
19-03-12, 09:14
Anyone know how much is the two BR now? Keen to get a unit there since near to where I'm staying but dunno if it's a good time to go in now..

price
19-03-12, 09:25
Anyone know how much is the two BR now? Keen to get a unit there since near to where I'm staying but dunno if it's a good time to go in now..

High 6xxk - mid 7xxk

Just
19-03-12, 10:08
Yes, price for RS has indeed increased.
So, if those whom are interested, must faster zoom down to the showflat cos they launched phase 2 over the weekends. Probably some good units still available as of now.

cotter
19-03-12, 12:13
High 6xxk - mid 7xxk

price has increased heh..

Kenshinto80
19-03-12, 19:32

Hi Mate, do you own your own business or is a professional white collar? The thing is if got crash, many people will not dare enter the market. Do you dare buy when pple around you losing jobs and business in the red? I found it is always easy to imagine or say something as words are often beautiful. But how many pple really dare to buy then?

lufu
19-03-12, 19:59
Hi Mate, do you own your own business or is a professional white collar? The thing is if got crash, many people will not dare enter the market. Do you dare buy when pple around you losing jobs and business in the red? I found it is always easy to imagine or say something as words are often beautiful. But how many pple really dare to buy then?

completely agree. Just ask yourself why didn't one go out and buy many cars and a few condo/landed as recent as 2009 when Lehman collapse.

If one doesn't have the guts/drive back then, likelihood it's never going to be that easy. Just look at the number of caveats lodged during that period on URA website.

There really aren't that many

price
19-03-12, 20:04

Isn't it quite evil to pray for market to crash so badly? When banks are making margin calls and citizens are losing jobs, families gets torn apart. Suicide rates increase, unemployment, recession, stock market crash, banks default.

You bare to see everyone suffer for your benefit of getting cheap property?:tsk-tsk:

Molotov
19-03-12, 22:03

Then, with crops of TOP project developments it will be interesting to see h

It's clear that u dont hv the means to buy a private property now. That's why u are putting a curse on current buyers by praying that the market crashes in the near future. U actually hope for margin calls so while people suffer u come in the market with limited cash to grab the bumper crop. U are a pathetic scum of the earth!

kane
19-03-12, 22:15
I agree with molotov, price correct good enough lah, don't need to see people suffer margin call so as to achieve your personal dream.

price
19-03-12, 22:20
It's clear that u dont hv the means to buy a private property now. That's why u are putting a curse on current buyers by praying that the market crashes in the near future. U actually hope for margin calls so while people suffer u come in the market with limited cash to grab the bumper crop. U are a pathetic scum of the earth!

Fierce! :gun3: :gun1: :gun2: :im-a-gonna-get-u:

price
19-03-12, 22:21
I agree with molotov, price correct good enough lah, don't need to see people suffer margin call so as to achieve your personal dream.

Yea, its sad to see people force sell and go bankrupt. :scared-3: Wat good does that bring?

Just
19-03-12, 23:41
Ooooo.... Relax everybody... We just ignore him/her... Don't be bothered by his/her post n remarks lah.

No need to get :hell-hath-no-fury:
:sleep:

yowetan
20-03-12, 10:45
The forum is meant for open discussion, and I am merely expressing my thoughts.

Yes, I cannot afford however I still harbour the dream of owning a landed.

price
20-03-12, 10:48
The forum is meant for open discussion, and I am merely expressing my thoughts.

Yes, I cannot afford however I still harbour the dream of owning a landed.

:) No worries :cheers4: I dream of owning many many properties too. But the biggest concern about a major crisis is that everyone might be in trouble. Unless ur job/source of income will not be affected?

:cheers1: :cheers2: :cheers3: :cheers5: :cheers6:

yowetan
20-03-12, 10:51
:) No worries :cheers4: I dream of owning many many properties too. But the biggest concern about a major crisis is that everyone might be in trouble. Unless ur job/source of income will not be affected?

:cheers1: :cheers2: :cheers3: :cheers5: :cheers6:

I was almost retrenched last year.

Having said that, I personally feel there ought to have a crash so that Singaporean will wake up from the dream.

ysyap
20-03-12, 11:28
I was almost retrenched last year.

Having said that, I personally feel there ought to have a crash so that Singaporean will wake up from the dream.But some people prefer not to wake up from their dream... sometimes its good to dream... :D:sleep:But people must know the difference between dream and the real harsh world... :o

yowetan
20-03-12, 11:37
But some people prefer not to wake up from their dream... sometimes its good to dream... :D:sleep:But people must know the difference between dream and the real harsh world... :o

In this instance, I am harbouring a dream/hope to own a landed property.

buttercarp
20-03-12, 11:49
In this instance, I am harbouring a dream/hope to own a landed property.

LOL.....
Why do you have to harbour a dream?
Is it illegal or bad?

yowetan
20-03-12, 11:50
LOL.....
Why do you have to harbour a dream?
Is it illegal or bad?

It is bad, because I cannot afford yet still dreaming of it.

buttercarp
20-03-12, 12:00
It is bad, because I cannot afford yet still dreaming of it.

That's why you dream now, but later it may become a reality.
I remembered from your previous post that you are in your early thirties.
So you have lots of time to make your dream come true.:)

yowetan
20-03-12, 12:10
That's why you dream now, but later it may become a reality.
I remembered from your previous post that you are in your early thirties.
So you have lots of time to make your dream come true.:)

I will be in my mid thirties in next month time.

I am encouraged by your statement. I certainly hoping I will have a stake in my country, as a land owner.

ysyap
20-03-12, 12:37

I am encouraged by your statement. I certainly hoping I will have a stake in my country, as a land owner.I'm sure you can make it... :spliff:

cotter
20-03-12, 12:52

I am encouraged by your statement. I certainly hoping I will have a stake in my country, as a land owner.

I'm also in my mid thirties and dreaming for my own living space. Saving very hard each day to work towards the dream, yet doesn not want to sacrifice my way I living now. Tough balance. Problem is don't know when is a good time to go in and if the price is correct now. Sometimes wait a bit and decide, but prices doesn't wait and goes up and up and up. Never down.

But i wouldn't want a market crash though, don't exactly want to see people retrenched, jobless and have to worry about basic meals and a roof over their head. Like what some said, just hope the price will be corrected and affordable for most.

price
20-03-12, 13:41
We will all make it :D :cheers4:

kane
20-03-12, 13:48
I notice a lot of people around me tend to look into the rear mirror whilst they drive forward. As a result, they never really get anywhere.

price
20-03-12, 13:59
I notice a lot of people around me tend to look into the rear mirror whilst they drive forward. As a result, they never really get anywhere.

Words of wisdom

lufu
20-03-12, 19:02
Sometimes wait a bit and decide, but prices doesn't wait and goes up and up and up. Never down.

Never say never. Even Developer themselves get caught up. In July 2008 Capitaland spent close to 2 Billion dollars on the largest en bloc and condo project ever.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=665134

In Sept 2008, Lehman Brothers. Collapse.

Feb 2012 URA data shows, developer only sold 466 out of 1715 units. Of course developer may continue to hold their 99 yr project for another decade or so. and certainly past is not an indicative of future. :)

azeoprop
20-03-12, 20:37
Never say never. Even Developer themselves get caught up. In July 2008 Capitaland spent close to 2 Billion dollars on the largest en bloc and condo project ever.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=665134

In Sept 2008, Lehman Brothers. Collapse.

Feb 2012 URA data shows, developer only sold 466 out of 1715 units. Of course developer may continue to hold their 99 yr project for another decade or so. and certainly past is not an indicative of future. :)

Seems like capitaland's hudc enblocs of interlace and dleedon are not doing very well vs the other 2 hudc enblocs of waterfront series and minton...
:rolleyes:

ysyap
20-03-12, 20:40
Seems like capitaland's hudc enblocs of interlace and dleedon are not doing very well vs the other 2 hudc enblocs of waterfront series and minton...
:rolleyes:Brand, location OR price are the determining factors.

price
20-03-12, 20:53
Brand, location OR price are the determining factors.

Facilities!! u need to put nursery, hot spring and badminton court :D

lufu
20-03-12, 21:41
:rolleyes:

The Interlace sold 698 out of 1040 units. slightly better than D'Leedon. Projects like this are only meant for buyers with a lot of guts. Developer has more than 1000 units on hand. If they fire sale just 1 stack only, the rest of buyers will fall flat. Homogenous tiles and laminated flooring for bedroom. Low quality looking vanity top and fittings. All these for $1900 psf. Seriously don't think they have any intention to sell. Probably one of Capitaland's plan to hold it for a decade or two. :)

Just makes Riversound so much more value for money.

fclim
21-03-12, 00:19
Just makes Riversound so much more value for money.

I thot u condemned RS becos of e cheap laminated flooring, which was a "turn off" for u?

lufu
21-03-12, 00:27
I thot u condemned RS becos of e cheap laminated flooring, which was a "turn off" for u?

No I did not condemn RS. I said the developer should have used something better.

However In comparison with "high end" projects like D'Leedon and The Interlace who also uses laminated flooring to fatten their margin, I would say RS is value for money.

fclim
21-03-12, 00:37
No I did not condemn RS. I said the developer should have used something better.

However In comparison with "high end" projects like D'Leedon and The Interlace who also uses laminated flooring to fatten their margin, I would say RS is value for money.

D leedon and interlace, you can choose timber flooring if u wan. They give u a choice of either laminated or timber flooring. Some will choose laminated as easier to maintain.

Just
21-03-12, 00:54
Wow... There's so many interesting topics ongoing.
Thanks for sharing here :)

kane
21-03-12, 08:37

Nowadays laminate seems like becoming a norm.

price
21-03-12, 08:48
Nowadays laminate seems like becoming a norm.

These days only high psf projects (MM) from developers like Macly, Fragrance and World Class gives marble flooring for all sorts of room types.

kane
21-03-12, 08:53
Rather take a cheaper price. You can fit it with the best marble later.

price
21-03-12, 09:20
Yep, but like stated in ST today, MM buyers only have that much money to play with. They can't afford lower psf higher quantum units.

Just
21-03-12, 20:23
Dear all RS owners,
We have a Facebook page setup!
Join us at : www.Facebook.com/Riversound.sg

I'm there already :)

lufu
27-03-12, 10:32
yeh, some info here http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hougang+condo+site+not+so+popular+with+developers/

Then this is going to be cheaper than RS given the lower land cost psf

price
27-03-12, 11:25
Then this is going to be cheaper than RS given the lower land cost psf
Hoho RS view will be blocked? But All green will price low meh? they can maintain and get a higher profit margin wat

devilplate
27-03-12, 11:53
Hoho RS view will be blocked? But All green will price low meh? they can maintain and get a higher profit margin wat
tats y i said RS got any views meh? some bros apparently say got leh.....

long long time ago, got agt told me tat plot is going to be punggol park extension hor.....

WAH LAU ........luckily i nvr believe.....wakakakaka

yowetan
27-03-12, 12:32
I almost got one facing Corney Island. I have faith in this development though.

devilplate
27-03-12, 12:34
I almost got one facing Corney Island. I have faith in this development though.
????

i been to park green top 2nd flr and look at the view b4.....got island view meh?

yowetan
27-03-12, 12:39
????

i been to park green top 2nd flr and look at the view b4.....got island view meh?

I think the stack (35 or 37) top floor, will have a better facing/view?

devilplate
27-03-12, 12:40
I think the stack (35 or 37) top floor, will have a better facing/view?
best view will be pool view imo

yowetan
27-03-12, 12:43
best view will be pool view imo

You dun have to stay in Riversound to have pool view. There are many other projects that can have pool view as well?

devilplate
27-03-12, 12:46
You dun have to stay in Riversound to have pool view. There are many other projects that can have pool view as well?
what exactly u r trying to drive at??

since RS dun hf nice unblocked views...so poolview will be the best....no?

yowetan
27-03-12, 12:50
what exactly u r trying to drive at??

since RS dun hf nice unblocked views...so poolview will be the best....no?

I am just saying RS has view(s), though it may not be satisfying you or others but probably goes well with me and others likewise?

devilplate
27-03-12, 12:54
I am just saying RS has view(s), though it may not be satisfying you or others but probably goes well with me and others likewise?
of coz got views....u stand at the balcony and tilt ur head 90degree.....the views is not in front of u but at the side angle.....hehehe

devilplate
27-03-12, 12:56
reminds me of aristo ......pathetic pocketed seaview.....hehehe

yowetan
27-03-12, 13:30
of coz got views....u stand at the balcony and tilt ur head 90degree.....the views is not in front of u but at the side angle.....hehehe

Beauty lies in the eye of beholder.

Better than no view right?

price
27-03-12, 13:53
I think he's comparing within this project itself lar, if u want "river" view this is the cheapest i project i guess? Otherwise stick to pool view (yes all projects with pool got pool view duh?)

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:52
115 sold in mar at 880psf median. 280 to go.

price
16-04-12, 17:04
115 sold in mar at 880psf median. 280 to go.
i got a feeling this will sellout first than parc vera! Since minton got no big units left, these are the 2 most value for money projects now!:D :cheers5:

rymccondo77
16-04-12, 17:13
i got a feeling this will sellout first than parc vera! Since minton got no big units left, these are the 2 most value for money projects now!:D :cheers5:

Coming up next is Flo Residence not too far away from Riversound - at Punggol Field Walk. Think they are launching it at around $850 psf.

price
16-04-12, 17:14
Coming up next is Flo Residence not too far away from Riversound - at Punggol Field Walk. Think they are launching it at around $850 psf.
that will do quite badly.

ysyap
16-04-12, 17:31
that will do quite badly.I think so too... lose out in many areas! If next CM comes in before FLO launch, then laggi worse! :eek:

ysyap
16-04-12, 17:32
115 sold in mar at 880psf median. 280 to go.Any idea what are the profiles of the remaining 280 units?

16-04-12, 21:36
Any idea what are the profiles of the remaining 280 units?
Think they still have units of various sizes, including last 2 1 bedders when I was there couple weeks back. Think they still have a number of large units was especially interested of their 4 bedder which was 1163 sq feet. Although the 4th bed room was more of a study :scared-3:

jawzsg
28-05-12, 23:25
Hi, I'm pretty late in joining this thread...:ashamed1: Was down at the showflat last weekend and looks like there's only one unit left on stack 01, pretty low floor .... :scared-3: .. Agent brought me over to River Isle to meet the developer rep and he said, sorry, no further discount... so bad, $1 also don't give...:scared-4:

rymccondo77
29-05-12, 00:21
Hi, I'm pretty late in joining this thread...:ashamed1: Was down at the showflat last weekend and looks like there's only one unit left on stack 01, pretty low floor .... :scared-3: .. Agent brought me over to River Isle to meet the developer rep and he said, sorry, no further discount... so bad, $1 also don't give...:scared-4:

You may want to go to myhometown forum if you have not done so. Quite a fair bit of discussion on Riversound and River Isles condos.
The URL is: http://www.myhometown.sg/

For Riversound thread there, there are active contributors who have bought units in Riversound. Perhaps you could contact them to find out more about Riversound.

jawzsg
29-05-12, 02:13
Thanks RMYCCONDO, very interesting read :) .. like a chat room for RS future neighbours and useful information surfaces within as well.. Think I may be RVS neighbour then ... :p

ysyap
29-05-12, 07:44
This week apparently there's a discount for a 4 bedder unit (not the smallest of the 4 bedders available). Think the 4th floor is going for just below $1mil. Was at showflat yesterday evening... :cheers1:All studios sold out!

rymccondo77
29-05-12, 08:31
Thanks RMYCCONDO, very interesting read :) .. like a chat room for RS future neighbours and useful information surfaces within as well.. Think I may be RVS neighbour then ... :p

You are most welcome. Glad to hear that you found it interesting.

All the best to your house hunting :)

Shoeboxsupporter
29-05-12, 08:52
alamak first The Sound, now the Riversound

can they think of better names? Faintz :doh:

Ok, change to Flora Sound !

jawzsg
29-05-12, 22:37
This week apparently there's a discount for a 4 bedder unit (not the smallest of the 4 bedders available). Think the 4th floor is going for just below $1mil. Was at showflat yesterday evening... :cheers1:All studios sold out!

:scared-4: .... I signed last weekend 4th floor also.... 1.12 .... :banghead:

ysyap
30-05-12, 07:27
:scared-4: .... I signed last weekend 4th floor also.... 1.12 .... :banghead:Is yours the 1292 sqft? The unit on offer has west sun for the master bedroom though and I think its stack 14 if I don't remember wrongly. Your unit might be bigger with better facing lah... :cheers6:

Komo
30-05-12, 08:33
:scared-4: .... I signed last weekend 4th floor also.... 1.12 .... :banghead:
4 bedder? what is the area?

jawzsg
30-05-12, 13:28
Is yours the 1292 sqft? The unit on offer has west sun for the master bedroom though and I think its stack 14 if I don't remember wrongly. Your unit might be bigger with better facing lah... :cheers6:

:ashamed1: ... Oh, then mine different, it's 1367 sqft facing pool/river and morning sun ...:rolleyes:

Trapping-bird
30-07-12, 18:21
:ashamed1: ... Oh, then mine different, it's 1367 sqft facing pool/river and morning sun ...:rolleyes:

Heard many units left unsold.

cotter
01-08-12, 21:11
Heard many units left unsold.

Still have any 2 br left?

Trapping-bird
01-08-12, 21:39
Still have any 2 br left?

Still have many left.

azeoprop
01-08-12, 21:41
Might want to wait for allgreen's riversails, many 2 bedders for sale. :beats-me-man:

yowetan
01-08-12, 21:41
Riversound has no good primary schools.

Trapping-bird
01-08-12, 22:17
Riversound has no good primary schools.

Got good school , price be too High for u..

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 15:35
only 8 more sold in July at 857psf median. 218 out of 590 units to go.