PDA

View Full Version : Permit for shifting furnitures

irisng
31-12-11, 20:12
Is it a common practice for all the pte condo including EC to apply for permit from the management office when they bring in the old sofa set cum dinning tables and there is a time frame for the shifting eg cannot be later than 1pm on Saturday.

TKT
31-12-11, 20:30
Is it a common practice for all the pte condo including EC to apply for permit from the management office when they bring in the old sofa set cum dinning tables and there is a time frame for the shifting eg cannot be later than 1pm on Saturday.

For my case, when we moved, twice, our movers Shalom always asked us to notify mgt office... so, thats what we did each time.

I think its a good practice and its only right to inform relevant others in advance to avoid issues.

buttercarp
31-12-11, 20:36
Yup, it is good to inform the management. The movers must ensure that the lift is not damaged as a result of shifting and usually they will put some protective sponge to line the walls of the lift. LWhen done, the management or the guard will inspect the lift to make sure that no damage has been done.
As for the time, you will need to check with the management.

ysyap
31-12-11, 20:55
Even in HDB, when there's disturbances, from loud music to noisy children and dogs barking past certain time, they can make complaints, what more with PCs... :o

Komo
31-12-11, 20:59
...different condo may have different rules...some may not even allow any moving on weekends and require deposit...

ysyap
31-12-11, 21:06
...different condo may have different rules...some may not even allow any moving on weekends and require deposit...From my limited understanding, older condos usually are more relax about such strict rulings... yes it differs condo to condo... :)

irisng
31-12-11, 22:06
How about apartment where there is no mgt office in the condo? Does condo limit no of guests in the swimming pool and also restrict their swimming costume for ladies and men?

mcmlxxvi
31-12-11, 22:06
I have stayed in at least 7-8 different developments the past 3 years. I guess common sense is best. Just dont do anything noisy after 6pm on weekdays and 1pm on Sat. Sundays are a no no.

irisng
31-12-11, 22:09
...different condo may have different rules...some may not even allow any moving on weekends and require deposit...

Why is there no moving on weekends? I thought most people will prefer to move during weekend so that they don't need to apply their leave.

mcmlxxvi
31-12-11, 22:11
How about apartment where there is no mgt office in the condo? Does condo limit no of guests in the swimming pool and also restrict their swimming costume for ladies and men?
Restrict costumes? Women cannot wear less than two piece and men more than one? Lol

mcmlxxvi
31-12-11, 22:13
Why is there no moving on weekends? I thought most people will prefer to move during weekend so that they don't need to apply their leave.
Obviously is for the well being of the residents who are already staying there. People wanna relax at home and enjoy the peacefulness when they are off work. Once you are a resident too you will want the same.

irisng
31-12-11, 22:24
I have stayed in at least 7-8 different developments the past 3 years. I guess common sense is best. Just dont do anything noisy after 6pm on weekdays and 1pm on Sat. Sundays are a no no.

Is it proper for the guard to stop the owner's friend to drive in the lorry (with furnitures) if the owner (without knowing) does not apply for the permit.

irisng
31-12-11, 22:27
Restrict costumes? Women cannot wear less than two piece and men more than one? Lol

No lah, women not allow to wear 2 pieces and show their stomach, must wear 1 whole piece and men must not wear sexy type of swimming trunk, haha.

irisng
31-12-11, 22:32
Obviously is for the well being of the residents who are already staying there. People wanna relax at home and enjoy the peacefulness when they are off work. Once you are a resident too you will want the same.

If residents need peacefulness, then owners shouldn't have any party or gathering held during weekend at their home leh. Children at the pool also very noisy, it should also stop them from playing during weekend, it will disturb other residents loh, hehe. Renovation of house, that I agree, is very noisy because of knocking and drilling here and there but shifting of house very noisy meh?

mcmlxxvi
31-12-11, 23:03
If residents need peacefulness, then owners shouldn't have any party or gathering held during weekend at their home leh. Children at the pool also very noisy, it should also stop them from playing during weekend, it will disturb other residents loh, hehe. Renovation of house, that I agree, is very noisy because of knocking and drilling here and there but shifting of house very noisy meh?
Most parents find their children shouting and screams music to their ears, no? Shifting... Other then the pushing of trolleys ya I guess I agree with you that its not noisy. Maybe is to prevent movers from occupying parking lots and holding up the lifts etc...

ysyap
31-12-11, 23:49
Moving house may not be noisy but due consideration must be made with the accompanying danger to the residents moving about when huge items are carried into lifts and along carparks or driveway or even up a flight of stairs if lift cannot take those stuff... safety of residents is at stake here... :)

Douk
01-01-12, 09:03
Restrict on 2pc costume? Must be in malaysia.:D

Douk
01-01-12, 09:06
Some condo restrict number of guest from each unit into pool. E.g mandarin garden..

ysyap
01-01-12, 10:31
Speaking about swimming pools, some management disallow maids to use the pool... Hmmm... or is it some residents complained that maids are using the pool? :scared-5:

mcmlxxvi
01-01-12, 10:33
Speaking about swimming pools, some management disallow maids to use the pool... Hmmm... or is it some residents complained that maids are using the pool? :scared-5:
If maid use together with the kids as watching over them then...

ysyap
01-01-12, 10:52
If maid use together with the kids as watching over them then...Me also thinking like that so I guess in this case, it should be ok lah... was referring to maids playing with one another in the pool, chit chatting in their T-shirts... :rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
01-01-12, 10:57
Me also thinking like that so I guess in this case, it should be ok lah... was referring to maids playing with one another in the pool, chit chatting in their T-shirts... :rolleyes:
Oh is it a cultural thing for them to go into the pool fully clothed with tshirt? Coz I seen...

ysyap
01-01-12, 10:58
Oh is it a cultural thing for them to go into the pool fully clothed with tshirt? Coz I seen...Not so sure about culture but which maid coming to Singapore to work will bring their own swim costumes or even go out to buy one? They'll buy neccessary stuff like shoes, shirts, jeans, facial products, etc... seldom they'll spend money on swim costumes which they seldom use, right? :o

mcmlxxvi
01-01-12, 11:00
Some condo restrict number of guest from each unit into pool. E.g mandarin garden..
I just wonder how they enforce that...

Komo
01-01-12, 15:15

imagine everyone squeezed into a saturday to move...:doh:

Douk
01-01-12, 16:18
I just wonder how they enforce that...
The swimming pool and gym facilities is fenced up by plants with only one entrance with security counter.

irisng
01-01-12, 18:07
Me also thinking like that so I guess in this case, it should be ok lah... was referring to maids playing with one another in the pool, chit chatting in their T-shirts... :rolleyes:

I thought T-shirts are not allowed in the swimming pool because I heard that fabric from the T-shirts will stuck on the hole in the pool.

irisng
01-01-12, 18:11
The swimming pool and gym facilities is fenced up by plants with only one entrance with security counter.

If the swimming pool is not fenced up, I wonder how the guard knows how many guests are in the pool. Must the owner accompany the guests in the pool also, I heard some condo needs, very troublesome leh, what happen if the owner has other guests to attend.:doh:

irisng
01-01-12, 18:13
How about guests visiting hours?

irisng
01-01-12, 18:17
Moving house may not be noisy but due consideration must be made with the accompanying danger to the residents moving about when huge items are carried into lifts and along carparks or driveway or even up a flight of stairs if lift cannot take those stuff... safety of residents is at stake here... :)

Maybe you are right.:cheers4:

buttercarp
01-01-12, 19:27
I thought T-shirts are not allowed in the swimming pool because I heard that fabric from the T-shirts will stuck on the hole in the pool.

My place swimming pool cannot wear loose type of swimming costume. Must be those conventional body hugging type.
I guess you are right.... it is for safety's sake.

ysyap
01-01-12, 19:38
I know of public pools which allow patrons to wear T shirts into the pool. If its a matter of safety, then these public pools should observe such rules too... :rolleyes:

irisng
01-01-12, 20:56
I know of public pools which allow patrons to wear T shirts into the pool. If its a matter of safety, then these public pools should observe such rules too... :rolleyes:

Oh is it, I thought public pools are not allowed also. Maybe can wear T-shirts and stand inside the pool to look after the young children but not for swimming.

irisng
01-01-12, 21:05

I came across one club, initially they allowed the maids to swim in the pool, but later disallow because more and more members brought their maids there to swim that it occupied part of the pool.