PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

chanel
18-02-12, 13:07
it just bewildered me that there are pple (more than 1 here) who r still acting noble and post property advice in a Property thread that already has 90% of units sold... wonder how these comments going to save those carrots branded buyers who already bought WT..??

Aren't they better off posting their advices to other newly launched property thread to reach a larger crowd of to-be buyers and be truly noble... :doh:

Your point speaks volume. Advices should target only those who are considering to invest in newly launched projects not after they have decided.
What's bought cannot be reversed nor undone whether they make mistake is yet to be seen after TOP. Anyway, who are we to control ppl's money & decide for them on how to invest, whether for better or for worse it's their own responsibility.

testtest
18-02-12, 13:17
Your point speaks volume. Advices should target only those who are considering to invest in newly launched projects not after they have decided.
What's bought cannot be reversed nor undone whether they make mistake is yet to be seen after TOP. Anyway, who are we to control ppl's money & decide for them on how to invest, whether for better or for worse it's their own responsibility.

it is not fully sold, isn't it? so it could be targeted to those not invested yet....your logic is flawed.

solsys
18-02-12, 13:23
So funny, statement becomes advice.

MR. X: "School is good."

MR. Y: "Why are you saying my son is stupid."

MR. X: ".........."

General statement becomes unwarranted advice in the eyes of those who are sensitive.

It's a statement, not advice.

Assumptions brought to new levels by people who stir, misintepret and spread virus to others.

Molotov
18-02-12, 13:25
how is security ensured? i saw at least 2 stairs/escalators from the shopping malls to the condo areas. even using security passes, there could be non-residents just walk in behind residents to get access...understand that is a headache for other condos as well.
Why u worry so much?
Save yr breath lah. lol.

pineapple
18-02-12, 13:26
Its unfortunate for this thread that trolls are abound.. posting useless comments repeatedly... :doh: :D

Molotov
18-02-12, 13:33
how is security ensured? i saw at least 2 stairs/escalators from the shopping malls to the condo areas. even using security passes, there could be non-residents just walk in behind residents to get access...understand that is a headache for other condos as well.
To make yourself sound credible u actually visited the showroom to pick up "flaws" to post here. Damned bo liaoz. .

testtest
Why u worry so much?
Save yr breath lah. lol.

another stupid answer...

fclim
it just bewildered me that there are pple (more than 1 here) who r still acting noble and post property advice in a Property thread that already has 90% of units sold... wonder how these comments going to save those carrots branded buyers who already bought WT..??

Aren't they better off posting their advices to other newly launched property thread to reach a larger crowd of to-be buyers and be truly noble... :doh:

Becos u guys keep defending and sometimes attack too. It takes 2 to clap. Newton's 3rd law of action and reaction.

Bartley Res. no one vested yet, so any attack oso no one defend. hahaha..

Molotov
18-02-12, 13:35
Its unfortunate for this thread that trolls are abound.. posting useless comments repeatedly... :doh: :D
Agree. Wonder who they are. What background? What qualifications? Credo?

testtest
18-02-12, 13:35
To make yourself sound credible u actually visited the showroom to pick up "flaws" to post here. Damned bo liaoz. .

just picked up from pictures, no need to waste petrol....too far for me

Xan
18-02-12, 13:39
Becos u guys keep defending and sometimes attack too. It takes 2 to clap. Newton's 3rd law of action and reaction.

Bartley Res. no one vested yet, so any attack oso no one defend. hahaha..

Another good example of vengeful act. At least he admitted.
Did WT good sales really hurt you guys so much?:D

Xan
18-02-12, 13:43

Don't be upset bro, remember what I said on the first day I step in WT forum?
This kinda things has been on going. Very common.
Last time ATT forum also Kenna attack until siao.
Some just criticize for the sake of criticizing.
:cool:

testtest
18-02-12, 13:45
So funny, statement becomes advice.

MR. X: "School is good."

MR. Y: "Why are you saying my son is stupid."

MR. X: ".........."

General statement becomes unwarranted advice in the eyes of those who are sensitive.

It's a statement, not advice.

Assumptions brought to new levels by people who stir, misintepret and spread virus to others.

i dare not agree as it may become "save your breathe" :ashamed1:

Xan
18-02-12, 13:47

That's why when he posted this, I keep quiet.
I know it's not ethical to embarrass someone when he tries so hard explaining.

Molotov
18-02-12, 13:48
Agree. Wonder who they are. What background? Credo? What motivation?

teddybear
18-02-12, 13:50
Alamat, not only Liat Tower has Hermes shop lah.. there are many branches in SG, Scott, Taka, Marina etc..

Actually, the staff Assistant always reserved the bag for my wife and called my wife if it arrived...then go down to see and pay lor n sometime also picked a few items of accessories:p....

Liat towers flood again... Hermes bag will be floating down the waterway to punggol....:D

Molotov
18-02-12, 13:52
Thank you for attempting to save yr breath. .lol

testtest
18-02-12, 13:52
That's why when he posted this, I keep quiet.
I know it's not ethical to embarrass someone when he tries so hard explaining.

fyi...i was not trying to embarrass anyone

Xan
18-02-12, 13:54
fyi...i was not trying to embarrass anyone

Not to worry, I "test test" u only. :D

testtest
18-02-12, 13:56
Thank you for attempting to save yr breath. .lol

welcome :D

fclim
18-02-12, 13:56
Another good example of vengeful act. At least he admitted.
Did WT good sales really hurt you guys so much?:D

????........:D

testtest
18-02-12, 13:57
Not to worry, I "test test" u only. :D

Sure...btw - not so nice to make fun of names or nicks

teddybear
18-02-12, 13:58
Why you see people no up? or you have inferior complexity problem and cant accept people living in Orchard?:p

If u really think u live in Orchard, u sure are concerned about "Punggol people"? Big heart u have. Orchard my b:sleep: lls! LOL!

Xan
18-02-12, 13:59
Sure...btw - not so nice to make fun of names or nicks

I'm glad you finally know how WT buyers feel eventually.
Pls don't take it to heart, thats not my intention. :)

Molotov
18-02-12, 14:01
Why you see people no up? or you have inferior complexity problem and cant accept people living in Orchard?:p
I think u sound like u hv a complex problem. Relag la brudder!

Molotov
18-02-12, 14:05
It's ok if u don't live in orchard - u r not a minority.

teddybear
18-02-12, 14:09
Hi Kid, do you problem with me staying in Orchard? Are you saying that I'm not OK because I live in Orchard!! :tongue3: Do yourself a favour and get a psychiatrist for yourself lah.:doh:

It's ok if u don't live in orchard - u r not a minority.

testtest
18-02-12, 14:10
I'm glad you finally know how WT buyers feel eventually.
Pls don't take it to heart, thats not my intention. :)

sure bro...none taken. cheers

yjcai
18-02-12, 14:10
Hows the maintainence fees for this project?

Panerex77
18-02-12, 14:20
From the future roadmap.. the interchange is reserved for high rise development there.. so the bus interchange could be moved and incorporated in 1 of the high rise development among the other 2 plots of land beside MRT.. that will be my guess..

Wow because my unit is facing the lrt track, I just hope that they will not shift the bus interchange to the area which my unit is facing.

Sorry personal selfish thought here but no choice lah.

Panerex77
18-02-12, 14:26
It's commercial cum resident development.. Maybe Watertown 2 .. I.e waterway terrences 1 & 2.. Lol

Thanks I saw the map liao

Molotov
18-02-12, 14:42
Hi Kid, do you problem with me staying in Orchard? Are you saying that I'm not OK because I live in Orchard!! :tongue3: Do yourself a favour and get a psychiatrist for yourself lah.:doh:
I think u r seeing things kiddo. U need help.

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 15:05
Which development? Enuf of pole saying can get this or that. Mai chwee gong lp song

Espada. Go do some homework before u start uttering nonsense here

teddybear
18-02-12, 15:24
Hi Kid, Still have not answered my question - why I am not OK with staying in Orchard? Have you taken medicine or treatment today! It's time for you take now!:p

I think u r seeing things kiddo. U need help.

Xan
18-02-12, 15:30
344sqft for 9xxk?
2700psf approx.
U put your pets in or is it for pple to stay?
Another waste time recommendation.
Think u shld do your homework.

toufu
18-02-12, 15:38

the escalators are one-directional. Going down to the mall... therefore i don't think there will be a security issue.

Anyway, there is always a security pass to use to enter WT. If you r talking about ppl tailgating to enter WT, this can happen to any private condo/apt, not just WT.

testtest
18-02-12, 16:15
the escalators are one-directional. Going down to the mall... therefore i don't think there will be a security issue.

Anyway, there is always a security pass to use to enter WT. If you r talking about ppl tailgating to enter WT, this can happen to any private condo/apt, not just WT.

correct but could be a bigger problem as other condo are not in malls and hence lower human traffic....

testtest
18-02-12, 16:22
344sqft for 9xxk?
2700psf approx.

why are you criticizing other condo for being small, what do you expect for a FH in D09, 1500psf???....are you saying pets stay there?

minority
18-02-12, 16:38
That is another assumption comes from u.
If this is true, orchard condos CCR, RCR or any other OCR without amendities will be hit double and will not be spared.
Why must die die direct on WT alone?
I'm puzzled.

Did I say only your super duper solid WT only ?

I m puzzles too!

Xan
18-02-12, 16:48
why are you criticizing other condo for being small, what do you expect for a FH in D09, 1500psf???....are you saying pets stay there?
If nothing is so special abt his recommendation, I think he should shut up instead of Being rude to bro ulrich. Looks like u r very affected by my comments. Lol:D
Trying to be hero here?

Xan
18-02-12, 16:49
Did I say only your super duper solid WT only ?

I m puzzles too!

U no need act infront of me la. u simi pattern all WT buyers know very clearly.

Xan
18-02-12, 16:58
If this forum really pissed you guys so much and WT good sales makes u guys feels so sour and painful, why don't consider take the exit here? Why must so thick skin and stick here like a leech?
I'm puzzled.

hopeful
18-02-12, 16:58

minority did criticize other projects, not only watertown. please dont ask me for links to other threads.

actually, i am quite curious why people are attached to their investment?
i mean, wt buyers have not stay in there right, so watertown right now cannot be considered as a home, but rather as investment.

AMK has mentioned Latitude as one-of-those-can't make it condo. I kind of agree too. But I dont feel any resentment towards AMK whatsoever.
so I dont quite understand the emotions involved here.

minority
18-02-12, 17:02
Hows the maintainence fees for this project?

It's cheap . U should get a unit! Everyone here did! Coz it's cheap!

Xan
18-02-12, 17:03
minority did criticize other projects, not only watertown. please dont ask me for links to other threads.

i mean, wt buyers have not stay in there right, so watertown right now cannot be considered as a home, but rather as investment.

AMK has mentioned Latitude as one-of-those-can't make it condo. I kind of agree too. But I dont feel any resentment towards AMK whatsoever.
In the eyes of these so called gurus, no project can make it. That's y they criticise every single thing. They thought they guru mah.

Xan
18-02-12, 17:04
None Is cheaper than your comment. Lol

minority
18-02-12, 17:07
None cheaper than your comment. Lol

Well it's cheap since all u care is quantum

Xan
18-02-12, 17:08
Well it's cheap since all u care is quantum
Is that a problem?
It's our money, no need you worry for us.

minority
18-02-12, 17:09
Is that a problem?
It's our money, no need you worry for us.

This WT forum is only all abt u?

Hmmm

Xan
18-02-12, 17:14
This WT forum is only all abt u?

Hmmm
Of cos minus off some pest like name callers it will be ideal.

minority
18-02-12, 17:15

Act? Hah I don't need to act u need to read clearly. Anyway u sound like first time investor or home owner hugging tight tongue buy. WT for investment hmmm

minority
18-02-12, 17:16
Of cos minus off some pest like name callers it will be ideal.
U mean u are the Carrot? Lol hah hah

hopeful
18-02-12, 17:16
In the eyes of these so called gurus, no project can make it. That's y they criticise every single thing. They thought they guru mah.

I myself is interested in properties along NE line. No noise from MRT but convenient.
Being overseas, I only studied from floorplans and siteplans posted in internet, cannot check out showrooms etc.
I looked at WT and ATT from rental point of view. so many BTOs along the river. no rental pressure while HDB flats still on MOP, but after MOP period ends? I dont know. But that consideration is still so far away. I was thinking, why would tenats pay higher when they can get cheaper for a few minutes walk. and they can still enjoy midnight show in the mall.

Xan
18-02-12, 17:17
I myself is interested in properties along NE line. No noise from MRT but convenient.
Being overseas, I only studied from floorplans and siteplans posted in internet, cannot check out showrooms etc.
I looked at WT and ATT from rental point of view. so many BTOs along the river. no rental pressure while HDB flats still on MOP, but after MOP period ends? I dont know. But that consideration is still so far away. I was thinking, why would tenats pay higher when they can get cheaper for a few minutes walk. and they can still enjoy midnight show in the mall.
Maybe u should do a site visit.

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:19

4xx-5xxsqft shoeboxes in D8 is commanding only 2500-2800 pm. And there are plenty of such 1bedders in the central and city fringe areas. I also have my doubts on the rentability of small units in WT

Xan
18-02-12, 17:19
U mean u are the Carrot? Lol hah hah

Seriously I think u behave childishly, did u get your head examine? :D

toufu
18-02-12, 17:23

Same as why would ppl pay $3000psf in orchard road when they can pay $1000 psf in punggol which is 22 mins train ride away. This is buyer's psychology.

Xan
18-02-12, 17:24
4xx-5xxsqft shoeboxes in D8 is commanding only 2500-2800 pm. And there are plenty of such 1bedders in the central and city fringe areas. I also have my doubts on the rentability of small units in WT

You might b right and I might be wrong. In 5 yrs time we shall see who smarter.

Xan
18-02-12, 17:26
And don't forget your D8 psf cost much much more than WT.

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:28
Any agents here? How is the HDB rental demand for punggol and sengkang area?

I know HDB rental demand is pretty healthy for toa payoh, queenstown etc

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:29

i am looking at the rentability aspect. Not sure whether there are enough rental demand looking at far northeast

Xan
18-02-12, 17:33
Any agents here? How is the HDB rental demand for punggol and sengkang area?

I know HDB rental demand is pretty healthy for toa payoh, queenstown etc
You probably will get an accurate gauge after the amenities are completed. No need ask agent, meaningless. U rent me $800 now at punggol I also dont want.

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:34
What is the proposed maintenance fee for 1bedder in WT?

as the estimated rental range from 2-2.5k is relatively small, maintenance fee can quite significant and eat away the yield?

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:35
You probably will get an accurate gauge after the amenities are completed. No need ask agent, meaningless. U rent me $800 now at punggol I also dont want.

Who you think your future potential tenants from? Where could be their likely workplace?

Xan
18-02-12, 17:39
Who you think your future potential tenants from? Where could be their likely workplace?

No point bickering who is right or who is wrong. 5 yrs later, after top, check the caveat and we will know who makes the correct decision. Time for dinner, enjoy yourself. This is a saturday, not fruitful to stay in forum whole day. Bye. :)

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:40
perhaps we can know the future hdb rental demand for punggol if we look at sengkang now which is relatively developed?

Rosy
18-02-12, 17:42
No point bickering who is right or who is wrong. 5 yrs later, after top, check the caveat and we will know who makes the correct decision. Time for dinner, enjoy yourself. This is a saturday, not fruitful to stay in forum whole day. Bye. :)
i am not bickering with you. Doing some brainstorming here. learning and sharing. It is not about proving who is right or wrong. I am not familiar with far suburbs rentability

I do not wish to get personal too. :)

pineapple
18-02-12, 18:19

Hi Rosy, my 2 cents here... if I'm to put on my investor hat.. and looking to rent it out to tenants in CBD area..

I will probably place my bet on a geyland area condo over WT.. way much nearer to town, freehold and a bit more expensive is ok. Though need to walk a distance to MRT, cabbing is always an option and its fast to get into town. But this is pure investment and I will not choose that area as a choice for family living, until the red light are cleared.

IMO For WT owners looking to rent out their units.. should not juz look for tenants solely working in CBD area (though i work in Raffles Place :))

pineapple
18-02-12, 18:25

My 2 cents again.... and Looking at areas out of CBD...

There is JTC's wafer fab park initiatives at Pasir Ris on the right, and there is an up and coming Seletar Aerospace Hub on the left (a 5 mins drive), which suppose to create 10k jobs in 2018 (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park). Rolls Royce had already setup their engine research facility there now.

I will consider expats working in these companies as potential tenants.. Again.. little value to extrapolate the rentability of Punggol based on current Sengkang demand as the landscape/development around the area is ever changing.

hopeful
18-02-12, 18:26

just curious, why dont you want to rent $800? afterall, as Toufu pointed out, it is only 22 minutes to Orchard?

Anyway, enjoy ur weekend.

hopeful
18-02-12, 18:39
My 2 cents again.... and Looking at areas out of CBD...

There is JTC's wafer fab park initiatives at Pasir Ris on the right, and there is an up and coming Seletar Aerospace Hub on the left (a 5 mins drive), which suppose to create 10k jobs in 2018 (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park%29). Rolls Royce had already setup their engine research facility there now.

I will consider expats working in these companies as potential tenants.. Again.. little value to extrapolate the rentability of Punggol based on current Sengkang demand as the landscape/development around the area is ever changing.

thank you for engaging in the rentability of WT and ATT.
What do you think about the HDBs near to WT and ATT. When mall is completed, they would get to enjoy the convenience of the mall too.

Note to myself: I should spend more time studying Centris and Compass Heights.

minority
18-02-12, 18:48

Always good to look ard the area. If investment ready units can rent out now . If can get a reasonable prices unit generating 3-4% yield will be good. Borrow 1% yield 4% ok... BUC wait 4 yrs have to pay now till top n wats interest then?

minority
18-02-12, 18:50
Seriously I think u behave childishly, did u get your head examine? :D

Which head? Carrot head? :D :D

teddybear
18-02-12, 19:11
Err. .. for all I know, WT (ranges from 1300-1500psf) is now higher than (if not equal to) most (NOT ALL) of D8 Condo now!!!:banghead:. It does not make sense to buy WT at this range since you can get a cheaper condo with better rentability.:rolleyes: Looks like most of the people did not do their homework!

graveyard
18-02-12, 19:19
thank you for engaging in the rentability of WT and ATT.
What do you think about the HDBs near to WT and ATT. When mall is completed, they would get to enjoy the convenience of the mall too.

Note to myself: I should spend more time studying Centris and Compass Heights.

speaking from a renter's view, if the rent of condo like WT and ATT is not much higher from HDB, will still rent condo for access to facilities and "exclusivity". if rent is significantly higher than hdb, prefer to take hdb. if i wan facilities, will just join a club with membership.

Moo2010
18-02-12, 19:38
Which head? Carrot head? :D :D
You sounded more like a dick head, no offense.

ulrich76
18-02-12, 19:40

Fair enough. Only thing is it is prob nearer river valley and below $1m only applies to 300+ sqft units. 300 sqft my friend!!!! Toilet bedroom and kitchen all rolled into one isit? Ho gai siao

kane
18-02-12, 19:42
Hdb and condos next to each other typically have a gap of $1000 per month in rent. But hdbs near mrt are very attractive propositions for prospective tenants.

graveyard
18-02-12, 19:48
Hdb and condos next to each other typically have a gap of $1000 per month in rent. But hdbs near mrt are very attractive propositions for prospective tenants.

$1000? then the choice is clear - def hdb! for that reason i think the gap isnt that big for condo and hdb next to mrt. On one hand, condo cannot price too high as they are aware there is hdb next door to vie for rent. On the other hand, hdb near mrt know the value of their unit and will not let go of their unit unless they are getting premium rent. so would think both will charge high rent so the gap wont be that big.

graveyard
18-02-12, 19:52
$1000? then the choice is clear - def hdb! for that reason i think the gap isnt that big for condo and hdb next to mrt. On one hand, condo cannot price too high as they are aware there is hdb next door to vie for rent. On the other hand, hdb near mrt know the value of their unit and will not let go of their unit unless they are getting premium rent. so would think both will charge high rent so the gap wont be that big.

in that case, the clear winner is the hdb owner as rent yield is higher as the unit is purchased at lower price

Mohankrish
18-02-12, 19:59

My expat friend rents a 4 room for $2200. 2 Lrt stations fromMRT!

hopeful
18-02-12, 20:00
Err. .. for all I know, WT (ranges from 1300-1500psf) is now higher than (if not equal to) most (NOT ALL) of D8 Condo now!!!:banghead:. It does not make sense to buy WT at this range since you can get a cheaper condo with better rentability.:rolleyes: Looks like most of the people did not do their homework!

i only know of City Square Residence D8, FH, next to mall and Little India MRT, similar attributes to WT.
big units psf similar to WT, but quantum bigger le.

toufu
18-02-12, 20:04
speaking from a renter's view, if the rent of condo like WT and ATT is not much higher from HDB, will still rent condo for access to facilities and "exclusivity". if rent is significantly higher than hdb, prefer to take hdb. if i wan facilities, will just join a club with membership.

If I want to rent: HDB but there are limited supply as HDB are primary for own stay. So the rent will be relatively high. Top up a bit more n I can rent a condo will facilities right at my door step. Why not?

If I want to rent out HDB, where do I stay?!? Government policy is must stay in hdb even though u have private condo. Unless u want to risk having your flat being taken back by hdb. Anyway, how many of us r lucky enough to get a first hand hdb near mrt n mega mall? Resale price will be crazy.

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:06

yes thats the current market for hdb

dtrax
18-02-12, 20:07
Some comparisons:

D4 Parc Imperial 3xx-4xxsqft beside MRT, FH: av psf $1.7k+, rental $3k p.m @ $7psf/mth

D8 Suites @ Own 3xx-4xxsqft beside MRT,FH: av psf $1.5k+, rental $3k p.m @ $7-8psf/mth

D9 Illuminaire @ Dev. 4xxsqft beside MRT,FH,Orchard Mall: av psf $2.6k, rental $4 p.m @ $8-9psf/mth

hopeful
18-02-12, 20:10
If I want to rent: HDB but there are limited supply as HDB are primary for own stay. So the rent will be relatively high. Top up a bit more n I can rent a condo will facilities right at my door step. Why not?

If I want to rent out HDB, where do I stay?!? Government policy is must stay in hdb even though u have private condo. Unless u want to risk having your flat being taken back by hdb. Anyway, how many of us r lucky enough to get a first hand hdb near mrt n mega mall? Resale price will be crazy.

how much more are you willing to top up?
even after MOP, must stay in HDB?

resale price would be crazy, but would rental yield be more than ATT and WT?
based on current purchase price, what is the rental yield of HDB? 4% like OCR.

Mohankrish
18-02-12, 20:12

Thats not true. You need to check your facts on this! You can live in private and rent HDB with HDB approval.

hopeful
18-02-12, 20:12

can you ask your expat friend what he would pay to stay in studio or 2BR in WT? Since he is an actual tenant, I think a lot of us here would be interested to hear his answer.

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:17
Some comparisons:

D4 Parc Imperial 3xx-4xxsqft beside MRT, FH: av psf $1.7k+, rental $3k p.m @ $7psf/mth

D8 Suites @ Own 3xx-4xxsqft beside MRT,FH: av psf $1.5k+, rental $3k p.m @ $7-8psf/mth

D9 Illuminaire @ Dev. 4xxsqft beside MRT,FH,Orchard Mall: av psf $2.6k, rental $4 p.m @ $8-9psf/mth

actually i really dont get why ppl would pay so much to live in orchard as a previous post has pointed out. i can understand that marina bay suites and reflection, the sail are expensive because ppl value sea view (not sure if that's all that attracts ppl to buy these units) but orchard .. no sea view, packed and most of the areas with the exception of some like pasir ris, boon lay.. can be connected to orchard in 30mins by train. And everything is so exp in orchard! cant even find a coffeeshop serving $1 kopi. again i am speaking from the view of a "heartlander", not expat or ppl with extremely deep pockets. even the expats can be better off renting elsewhere paying the same but with much bigger units..

kane
18-02-12, 20:18
Winner is always hdb. But you'll be surprised, some people will pay that $1000, because of the extra security and privacy. Plus after carpark fees, the difference b.ecomes $900

Mohankrish
18-02-12, 20:19
can you ask your expat friend what he would pay to stay in studio or 2BR in WT? Since he is an actual tenant, I think a lot of us here would be interested to hear his answer.

He is a family man! 2 kids. He won't stay there! Too small. If he did, he won't pay more than 2200. Anyway my personal opinion is that those who buy shoe box units will be in trouble in future because of the large supply. And it's going to be hard to sell as its only function is to be rented. It does not matter the location.

toufu
18-02-12, 20:21
Thats not true. You need to check your facts on this! You can live in private and rent HDB with HDB approval.

Ok so the trick is must inform HDB. That is equal to must pay income tax for your rental income.

For private, who knows? :)

toufu
18-02-12, 20:25
He is a family man! 2 kids. He won't stay there! Too small. If he did, he won't pay more than 2200. Anyway my personal opinion is that those who buy shoe box units will be in trouble in future because of the large supply. And it's going to be hard to sell as its only function is to be rented. It does not matter the location.

U have underestimated the power of singles and the productive foreigners coming to Singapore to work at seletar aerohub, changi airport, changi industrial and commercial hub n industrial. They are all within 10 mins drive from punggol.

I suspect the lower wage workers (e.g. foreign nurses / allied healthcare workers working at the new sengkang hospital) will rent hdb flats while the professional working at specialised industry will rent the private condo given the fact that hdb rental flats are limited in supply.

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:25
Winner is always hdb. But you'll be surprised, some people will pay that $1000, because of the extra security and privacy. Plus after carpark fees, the difference b.ecomes $900

Hmm maybe i wont do that. having rented both hdb and condo, i see marginal difference based on the 3 pts:

Security - Low crime rate(yes i know low crime dont mean no crime :D ) and low break-ins.

Privacy - nowadays HDB dwellers are pretty left to their ownselves so plenty of privacy.

Carpark - dont drive so no impact. Most tenants/expats dont drive .. dats my personal opinion

ysyap
18-02-12, 20:27
If I want to rent out HDB, where do I stay?!? Government policy is must stay in hdb even though u have private condo. Unless u want to risk having your flat being taken back by hdb. Anyway, how many of us r lucky enough to get a first hand hdb near mrt n mega mall? Resale price will be crazy.Then may I ask where what is HDB rental? If all HDB flats are for own stay, how come there are statistics on HDB rental market??? :confused: You are mistaken lah... HDB flat owners must first meet MOP and then write in to HDB to ask permission to rent out. :o

teddybear
18-02-12, 20:29
That Latitude in River Valley by Capitaland subsidary? Yah, real bad! Make you pay 13xx sqft for a 2 BR condo and yet rooms still so small because the few segregated planter areas + balcony add up is bigger than its living + dining room area combined! :doh:

toufu
18-02-12, 20:31
Then may I ask where what is HDB rental? If all HDB flats are for own stay, how come there are statistics on HDB rental market??? :confused: You are mistaken lah... HDB flat owners must first meet MOP and then write in to HDB to ask permission to rent out. :o

And u end up having to pay income tax for rental income. That eats into your profit....

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:34

u are only looking at the supply side. need to look at the demand also for the market clearing rent. i dont share your view that shoebox owners will be in trouble ..provided they price the rent reasonably with the view the tenant has the option of renting HDB with bigger space. ideally shoebox shld be priced same or marginally higher than hdb at 2K pm or so - the thing with hdb is there is no studio (small HDB apt - except for the elderly) So if u are looking at "sole occupancy", theres only choice of studio or HDB (2 rooms upwards) within the same price range. and i have been renting for years, believe me.. there is a difference btw living alone and living with others (unless u dread loneliness and are happier staying with friends etc). u stay alone, u can leave your valuables, bank statements and food,drinks everywhere .. u can bathe with the door open :D .. these u cant do with other ppl in your unit. you are thats the reason why some tenants would choose studio over bigger HDB

ysyap
18-02-12, 20:37
Hmm maybe i wont do that. having rented both hdb and condo, i see marginal difference based on the 3 pts:

Security - Low crime rate(yes i know low crime dont mean no crime :D ) and low break-ins.

Privacy - nowadays HDB dwellers are pretty left to their ownselves so plenty of privacy.

Carpark - dont drive so no impact. Most tenants/expats dont drive .. dats my personal opinionYou are very fortunate to not see any difference in HDB and condo rental... allow me to point out a few things for discussion...

1. Urine in HDB lifts which I've not seen (doesn't mean don't have) in condos yet.
2. HDB multi storey carparks have urine at some discrete corners and workers sleeping overnight. When I picked up my car in the morning, the urine smell is unmistakable.
3, HDB residents throwing things down from top floors which I haven't seen (doesn't mean don't have) in condos yet.
4. Strangers loitering at lift landings outside my house at middle of night, smoking and stenching up the corridors and even inside the lifts.
5. Flyers dropped into my front door even when I'm sitting at the living room... these flyer distributors don't even bother to apologize for littering my house... just throw that paper through my doors and I have to clean up after them. (They can't drop the flyers into the letterbox coz its locked)
6. Ice cream sellers, etc come knocking on my door to sell us stuff we don't need.
7. Not experienced this but sometimes got art work like O$P$ on your neighbor's doors... :D
8. Not experienced this either but during GE, got people come to your door to shake your hand.

Can add some more if you have....

ysyap
18-02-12, 20:38
And u end up having to pay income tax for rental income. That eats into your profit....I also paid tax for owning an investment private property wat...

hopeful
18-02-12, 20:43
And u end up having to pay income tax for rental income. That eats into your profit....

Ok so the trick is must inform HDB. That is equal to must pay income tax for your rental income.

For private, who knows? :)

whats the difference in tax treatment for renting out HDB and private?
Correct me if I am wrong, you are evading tax by not declaring your rental income, either from HDB or private.

Mohankrish
18-02-12, 20:44
U have underestimated the power of singles and the productive foreigners coming to Singapore to work at seletar aerohub, changi airport, changi industrial and commercial hub n industrial. They are all within 10 mins drive from punggol.

I suspect the lower wage workers (e.g. foreign nurses / allied healthcare workers working at the new sengkang hospital) will rent hdb flats while the professional working at specialised industry will rent the private condo given the fact that hdb rental flats are limited in supply.

You are mistaken! Many of these workers rent larger units in groups. And all your points are assuming the economy is doing well all the time. My point is investment opputunities of shoe box units are constrained by many factors!

toufu
18-02-12, 20:45
I also paid tax for owning an investment private property wat...

I mean pay income tax for rental income, not property tax.

toufu
18-02-12, 20:46
You are mistaken! Many of these workers rent larger units in groups. And all your points are assuming the economy is doing well all the time. My point is investment opputunities of shoe box units are constrained by many factors!

Exactly, workers will rent hdb flats in groups, while professionals will rent private condo by themselves (1 bedder or 2 bedders). Anyway economy in the long term is efficient. So u will find that inflation will always.occur in the long run.

ysyap
18-02-12, 20:52
I mean pay income tax for rental income, not property tax.I paid whatever tax required from rental income as well as property ownership... :cool:

hopeful
18-02-12, 20:52
I mean pay income tax for rental income, not property tax.

errr...you sure you owe properties?
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=160

teddybear
18-02-12, 20:55
See, when people say things like those highlighted, they sure won't understand why want to stay in Orchard. Orchard people only talk about life-style, not about expensive or not. Otherwise people won't buy Marc@Paterson at S$6xxx psf or Orchard Residences at S$5xxx psf! May be you can ask all those expats why only want to live in or around Orchard or those people why pay >$5xxx psf when they can buy at $1xxx psf and 30 mins by train to Orchard? :p :ashamed1:

actually i really dont get why ppl would pay so much to live in orchard as a previous post has pointed out. i can understand that marina bay suites and reflection, the sail are expensive because ppl value sea view (not sure if that's all that attracts ppl to buy these units) but orchard .. no sea view, packed and most of the areas with the exception of some like pasir ris, boon lay.. can be connected to orchard in 30mins by train. And everything is so exp in orchard! cant even find a coffeeshop serving $1 kopi. again i am speaking from the view of a "heartlander", not expat or ppl with extremely deep pockets. even the expats can be better off renting elsewhere paying the same but with much bigger units..

ysyap
18-02-12, 20:55
errr...you sure you owe properties?
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=160I'm sure he owns his homestay property... :o

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:56
Correct me if I am wrong, you are evading tax by not declaring your rental income, either from HDB or private.

yes i think so. its considered tax evasion - if you refer to the tax form, they ask whether do you have other source of income (e.g. rent ....)

anw, i wonder how they track that ..if u put in your S&P u buying for own stay .. and how do they track the mthly rent u are receiving and identifying it as rental income? or is it part of the black economy in which economic transactions are done in the dark and missed out in the GDP

graveyard
18-02-12, 20:58
See, when people say things like those highlighted, they sure won't understand why want to stay in Orchard. Orchard people only talk about life-style, not about expensive or not. Otherwise people won't buy Marc@Paterson at S$6xxx psf or Orchard Residences at S$5xxx psf! May be you can ask all those expats why only want to live in or around Orchard or those people why pay >$5xxx psf when they can buy at $1xxx psf and 30 mins by train to Orchard? :p :ashamed1:

ok maybe i relied too much on rationality :banghead:

toufu
18-02-12, 20:59
I'm sure he owns his homestay property... :o

smart... mine is own stay :cool:

toufu
18-02-12, 21:01
I paid whatever tax required from rental income as well as property ownership... :cool:

Thank you for your contribution in nation building :2cents:

teddybear
18-02-12, 21:02
Facts is, I know many didn't declare HDB rental income! :doh:
It is just whether govt want to clamp down or not (yet)! :beats-me-man:

graveyard
18-02-12, 21:02
yes i think so. its considered tax evasion - if you refer to the tax form, they ask whether do you have other source of income (e.g. rent ....)

anw, i wonder how they track that ..if u put in your S&P u buying for own stay .. and how do they track the mthly rent u are receiving and identifying it as rental income? or is it part of the black economy in which economic transactions are done in the dark and missed out in the GDP

ah the tenancy agreement ... better declare then. :doh:

hopeful
18-02-12, 21:05
That Latitude in River Valley by Capitaland subsidary? Yah, real bad! Make you pay 13xx sqft for a 2 BR condo and yet rooms still so small because the few segregated planter areas + balcony add up is bigger than its living + dining room area combined! :doh:

BTW, mine was 3BR. at the time of buying looks very attractive.
private lift (privacy)
cul-de-sac road (more privacy)
on a hilltop (windy)
near to great world city (convenient)
much lower than 2007 caveat prices (can get more capital appreciation)
3.3/3.4m ceiling height. (like FEO SOHO)
single loading (excellent cross ventilation).
inline blocks, so have almost 300degree view.

what I thought was good, turn out to be a dud in terms of capital appreciation. Anyway, live and learn :).

toufu
18-02-12, 21:05

that is why the govt recently require all flat owners to declare. Without declaration, their flats will be taken back by force. So win-win for HDB, can tax rental income this way and save on administrative headache of finding out on their own.

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 21:08
344sqft for 9xxk?
2700psf approx.

Would think much better than your ulu punggol lor

Now I know why u Kena bash by so many people

kane
18-02-12, 21:10

They don't do stamp duty for their tenanted flats?

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 21:13
If nothing is so special abt his recommendation, I think he should shut up instead of Being rude to bro ulrich. Looks like u r very affected by my comments. Lol:D
Trying to be hero here?

Hello

He is the one who started with the rude posting ok

I am just replying a post saying the condos in orchard are all beyond reach, and I replied that u can still get an mm within $1m.

And did I say espada is good?

ysyap
18-02-12, 21:13
Thank you for your contribution in nation building :2cents:You are most welcome... don't forget me when you get your GST voucher this year... :o

graveyard
18-02-12, 21:15

sorry Xan. i think u went over with that comment. thats like saying crudely ppl who live in 3xx sqf apt are "pets"...cats, dogs. There are many in hk, jp who are staying in such apts. pls respect these apt owners who have earned a roof over their heads with hard earned money

teddybear
18-02-12, 21:16
Ha ha ha! All of them act blur say where got "what" stamp duty? :scared-2:

They don't do stamp duty for their tenanted flats?

kane
18-02-12, 21:18
Ha ha ha! All of them act blur say where got "what" stamp duty? :scared-2:

Champion, when iras finds out, kenna tax jia lat jia lat.

toufu
18-02-12, 21:20
You are most welcome... don't forget me when you get your GST voucher this year... :o

:ashamed1: thanks. I will contribute to your 'bonus' maybe next GE after my ATT TOP and i get sick of living there. :D

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 21:30
Fair enough. Only thing is it is prob nearer river valley and below $1m only applies to 300+ sqft units. 300 sqft my friend!!!! Toilet bedroom and kitchen all rolled into one isit? Ho gai siao

Actually I am not trying to recommend. Just reply to another forumer that there are condos around orchard that is within $1m.

I won't buy mm less than 400 sf

Xan
18-02-12, 21:33

Ya, your espada the best, your 3xxsqft can only keep pets. My ulu punggol can at least accommodate human.
Bash by others? U think I care? Haha:D

Xan
18-02-12, 21:37
sorry Xan. i think u went over with that comment. thats like saying crudely ppl who live in 3xx sqf apt are "pets"...cats, dogs. There are many in hk, jp who are staying in such apts. pls respect these apt owners who have earned a roof over their heads with hard earned money

With due respect, go lecture those who call others carrot head.
Carry on putting words in my mouth, but dun preach like a priest.
. Lol

Xan
18-02-12, 21:39
Actually I am not trying to recommend. Just reply to another forumer that there are condos around orchard that is within $1m.

I won't buy mm less than 400 sf

Funny, u won't buy U still recommend? U want sabo others with your recommendation?
Im perplexed.

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 21:46
Ya, your espada the best, your 3xxsqft can only keep pets. My ulu punggol can at least accommodate human.
Bash by others? U think I care? Haha:D

I would say carrot instead of human.

I initially quite respected both ur character and what u have posted and although I think wt is too high a price for it's location, I thought u had done a good analysis to justify your purchase.

But your last few postings reflected truly of your character.

Btw, I don't own any 3xx sf units in espada

teddybear
18-02-12, 21:50
Actually, City Square Residence is just next to Farrer Park MRT.
There are small units there too. Really heartfelt for those who bought 1300-1500psf in WT. :scared-2: Here is a snapshot of recent transaction of small unit with low quantum :

ITY SQUARE RESIDENCES KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 850,000 570 Strata 1,490 Jan-12 CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,470,000 861 Strata 1,707 Dec-11 CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 1,250,000 840 Strata 1,489 Dec-11 CITY SQUARE RESIDENCES KITCHENER LINK Condominium 1 900,000 570 Strata 1,578 Dec-11

i only know of City Square Residence D8, FH, next to mall and Little India MRT, similar attributes to WT.
big units psf similar to WT, but quantum bigger le.

hopeful
18-02-12, 21:51
:ashamed1: thanks. I will contribute to your 'bonus' maybe next GE after my ATT TOP and i get sick of living there. :D

he, nobody thanks foreigners and PRs?. they selflessly contribute to Singaporeans rebates, without receving any in return :)

Xan
18-02-12, 21:52
I would say carrot instead of human.

I initially quite respected both ur character and what u have posted and although I think wt is too high a price for it's location, I thought u had done a good analysis to justify your purchase.

But your last few postings reflected truly of your character.

Btw, I don't own any 3xx sf units in espada

Sorry, the way u attack bro ulrich reflects your true self as well.
I don't need people like you to respect my posts.
Yes, u r right, I've done enough analysis.
Carrot head or not in near future we shall know.
Talk is cheap.

Kenshinto80
18-02-12, 21:54
Hi pple, pls take note that not reporting rental income is a serious breach of the income tax act and will attract stiff penalties. IRAS has many ways to detect evasion even if not declared by landlords especially those renting out to expats. Not caught yet does not mean will not kana at all. :)

graveyard
18-02-12, 21:54
he, nobody thanks foreigners and PRs?. they selflessly contribute to Singaporeans rebates, without receving any in return :)

So i am carrot? haaa :simmering: . just kidding :D

graveyard
18-02-12, 22:23
You are very fortunate to not see any difference in HDB and condo rental... allow me to point out a few things for discussion...

1. Urine in HDB lifts which I've not seen (doesn't mean don't have) in condos yet.
2. HDB multi storey carparks have urine at some discrete corners and workers sleeping overnight. When I picked up my car in the morning, the urine smell is unmistakable.
3, HDB residents throwing things down from top floors which I haven't seen (doesn't mean don't have) in condos yet.
4. Strangers loitering at lift landings outside my house at middle of night, smoking and stenching up the corridors and even inside the lifts.
5. Flyers dropped into my front door even when I'm sitting at the living room... these flyer distributors don't even bother to apologize for littering my house... just throw that paper through my doors and I have to clean up after them. (They can't drop the flyers into the letterbox coz its locked)
6. Ice cream sellers, etc come knocking on my door to sell us stuff we don't need.
7. Not experienced this but sometimes got art work like O$P$ on your neighbor's doors... :D
8. Not experienced this either but during GE, got people come to your door to shake your hand.

hmmmm... hv not experienced these except for the tuition, real estate flyers ..but yes these are certainly concerns

hopeful
18-02-12, 23:04
You are very fortunate to not see any difference in HDB and condo rental... allow me to point out a few things for discussion...

how about HDB upgraders? dont they bring their bad habits to condos?

teddybear
18-02-12, 23:16
Like:
- Asking maid to wash laundry in common toilet?
- Bath in common toilet for free heated warm water instead of bathing in own house?
- Throw rubbish in common area beside lift lobby waiting for garang guni to collect?
What more you heard that I didn't hear? :scared-2:

how about HDB upgraders? dont they bring their bad habits to condos?

Originally Posted by ysyap

solsys
18-02-12, 23:18
Bro Xan succeeded in convincing the other bros to hop on the bandwagon of WT with some rational analysis but quite sad that as the thread goes on, he becomes emotionally attached.

The undeniable fact is FEO has doubled the typical psf of Punggol with this project in a month, using herd mentality, e.g. Just like lemmings falling off a Clift.

Can we expect WT to climb to $1,800-$2,000psf when TOP?

There isn't an existing expat enclave in Punggol. Would it happen with ATT? WT immediately after TOP?

A foreign talent enclave of a certain nationality will take time to build.

You guys have foresight, just like the people who believe in Compass Heights when it was first launched.

But the key is timing here..... The people on the sidelines watching to grab sometime after TOP when the excitement died down are the real winners.

Also, usually FEO will keep certain units on their own to rent out.

Can anyone verify this for WT?

It seems they just want to get everything off ASAP.

The real winner is FEO for sure, why?

Even themselves didn't believe sales will move so fast for WT which is why they priced it low but since it did, FEO just feed the frenzy.

Having said that buyers who bought at $1,0xx -$1,1xx should be safe, that is the supporting base when there's a correction.

For those who bought $1,3xx -$1,5xx? I'm not too sure if it's a good deal.

For the sideline players? We all may get a good shot at bargains when couple of years after it TOPs.

I'm expecting alot of flames here from the buyers, but hey this is a discussion forum, where we are suppose to be sparring.

My bets are still with matured towns with upcoming hubs.

FYI, I don't count Punggol as a hub, it's just a satelite town.

Xan
18-02-12, 23:44
Bro Xan succeeded in convincing the other bros to hop on the bandwagon of WT with some rational analysis but quite sad that as the thread goes on, he becomes emotionally attached.

The undeniable fact is FEO has doubled the typical psf of Punggol with this project in a month, using herd mentality, e.g. Just like lemmings falling off a Clift.

Can we expect WT to climb to $1,800-$2,000psf when TOP?

There isn't an existing expat enclave in Punggol. Would it happen with ATT? WT immediately after TOP?

A foreign talent enclave of a certain nationality will take time to build.

You guys have foresight, just like the people who believe in Compass Heights when it was first launched.

But the key is timing here..... The people on the sidelines watching to grab sometime after TOP when the excitement died down are the real winners.

Also, usually FEO will keep certain units on their own to rent out.

Can anyone verify this for WT?

It seems they just want to get everything off ASAP.

The real winner is FEO for sure, why?

Even themselves didn't believe sales will move so fast for WT which is why they priced it low but since it did, FEO just feed the frenzy.

Having said that buyers who bought at $1,0xx -$1,1xx should be safe, that is the supporting base when there's a correction.

For those who bought $1,3xx -$1,5xx? I'm not too sure if it's a good deal.

For the sideline players? We all may get a good shot at bargains when couple of years after it TOPs.

I'm expecting alot of flames here from the buyers, but hey this is a discussion forum, where we are suppose to be sparring.

My bets are still with matured towns with upcoming hubs.

FYI, I don't count Punggol as a hub, it's just a satelite town.

Anyone who are involved in any forms of investment will be emotionally attached. 2 weeks till now, I received a couple of private msgs in this forum. Some consulted me whether to forfeit their purchase due to many negative nay Sayers talking down the project. Some asked me the potential of WT investment etc etc.
I felt sorry for these people who are unable or feel uncomfortable to participate in this forum due to some gurus wannabe acting like a pro. They talked down WT maliciously, some even resort to names calling. Some even find the most insignificant and corny loopholes to talk down this project. Some even act like as if they are your financial advisor and tell you which prop you should buy etc.
My msg to the WT/ATT or other project buyers is loud and clear, don't let these nay Sayers decide what you should do. The so called gurus will never understand your needs.
Let them talk, but be confident. Participate your views here. There's no such thing as guru, guru wannabes are usually goon doos as a matter of fact.

hopeful
18-02-12, 23:53
Xan, how come you dont to rent punggol HDB for $800 per month?
MRT already running. Left only the mall undone.Toufu pointed out to Orchard only 22 minutes.
So whats your reason for renting at way below market price at punggol right now?

Xan
18-02-12, 23:55
Xan, how come you dont to rent punggol HDB for $800 per month?
MRT already running. Left only the mall undone.Toufu pointed out to Orchard only 22 minutes.
So whats your reason for not staying at punggol now?

Not fully developed yet.
Want to find something to eat still must take mrt.
Funny right?
Few years down the road, amenities ready, and yes, I will stay in punggol, but not now.

yjcai
19-02-12, 00:30

Oh wtf. Then I must be very mistaken.

How much people are expecting to rent 1 room suites/soho watertown for? 3k?

Btw maintainence fees in 300-400 range for 1 room share. No industries very very near there only HDB. If I work in CBD I pick the MM units there for 3k rental anyday. Only time will tell?

DaytonaSS
19-02-12, 00:42

Btw maintainence fees in 300-400 range for 1 room share. No industries very very near there only HDB. If I work in CBD I pick the MM units there for 3k rental anyday. Only time will tell?

Some pple trade $$$ for time n others trade time to save $$$. The value of time is different for everyone. Eg, thru n fro 22mins equals 44mins plus transit make it both way,let's make it 60mins.

Let's say stay for 30 years, so 365x30=10950. So someone migh prefer to pay $1m more to save 465 days doing things they like or spend it with their love ones.

On the flip side , one might say $Im richer cos I trade 465days of my life for it.

So how?

dtrax
19-02-12, 00:47

Watertown $3k p.m for 1rm will required at least $5.6psf/mth. Not say not possible but definitely market will be more suited for people working in that area i.e seletar. From tenant point of view if working @ CBD, it might be more feasible paying $7-8psf for a 1rm MM 400sqft with about the same rental as 1rm WT. I might be wrong but location is king since it is close to work place, save time on transport and dun even need spend on cab for easy access to other central areas

yjcai
19-02-12, 00:55
Watertown $3k p.m for 1rm will required at least $5.6psf/mth. Not say not possible but definitely market will be more suited for people working in that area i.e seletar. From tenant point of view if working @ CBD, it might be more feasible paying $7-8psf for a 1rm MM 400sqft with about the same rental as 1rm WT. I might be wrong but location is king since it is close to work place, save time on transport and dun even need spend on cab for easy access to other central areas

Oh in that case Yishun Sembawang area also very feasible to rent to Seletar people. Punggol HDB owners are also human they also want to rent to Seletar people. 3k p.m for 1 room wt is very optimistic estimate. What if too competitive and depress to 2.4k/month and pay 300-400 in maintainence fees a month. How about 2-3-4 bedder watertown and sky patio. 600 / mth in maintainence?

yjcai
19-02-12, 01:00
Some pple trade $$$ for time n others trade time to save $$$. The value of time is different for everyone. Eg, thru n fro 22mins equals 44mins plus transit make it both way,let's make it 60mins.

Let's say stay for 30 years, so 365x30=10950. So someone migh prefer to pay $1m more to save 465 days doing things they like or spend it with their love ones.

On the flip side , one might say $Im richer cos I trade 465days of my life for it.

So how?

Then in that case HDB there is also very value.

Actually this 22 minutes crap from town to punggol is due to the faster and newer automated NE line. It is fairer to compare distance wise. And hey hey when driving punggolers will also say no traffic at all.

graveyard
19-02-12, 01:12

cfm maintenance 300-400 for one bedder?? thats exp! if so, the fee for bigger units will be moreee. :scared-4:

yjcai
19-02-12, 01:19
cfm maintenance 300-400 for one bedder?? thats exp! if so, the fee for bigger units will be moreee. :scared-4:

Oh now then realize. Even Soho Hillier 1 roomer also in high 200 to 300 range. How can WT being bigger be cheaper? But of course WT owners got it cheap 9xx nett psf after so many discounts, they should be very confident :scared-5:

graveyard
19-02-12, 01:23
Oh now then realize. Even Hillier also in high 200 to 300 range.

assuming WT is 100% sold, the overall mthly maintenance will be min 0.4million!!!!

minority
19-02-12, 04:47
Anyone who are involved in any forms of investment will be emotionally attached. 2 weeks till now, I received a couple of private msgs in this forum. Some consulted me whether to forfeit their purchase due to many negative nay Sayers talking down the project. Some asked me the potential of WT investment etc etc.
I felt sorry for these people who are unable or feel uncomfortable to participate in this forum due to some gurus wannabe acting like a pro. They talked down WT maliciously, some even resort to names calling. Some even find the most insignificant and corny loopholes to talk down this project. Some even act like as if they are your financial advisor and tell you which prop you should buy etc.
My msg to the WT/ATT or other project buyers is loud and clear, don't let these nay Sayers decide what you should do. The so called gurus will never understand your needs.
Let them talk, but be confident. Participate your views here. There's no such thing as guru, guru wannabes are usually goon doos as a matter of fact.

U sound like all negative Sayers of this project is BS.. U are the lone cape crusader defending theirs project? I guess coz u got vested interest.

Truth is there are pple like cheap n buy the marketing. N there are pple like me who don't care marketing. So readers in the forum should be allow to sample n make their own choice.

Kenshinto80
19-02-12, 06:41
U sound like all negative Sayers of this project is BS.. U are the lone cape crusader defending theirs project? I guess coz u got vested interest.

Truth is there are pple like cheap n buy the marketing. N there are pple like me who don't care marketing. So readers in the forum should be allow to sample n make their own choice.
Think the crux of the issue is not marketing. Buyers must have thought n ponder over before signing on the dotted line...sink in 100k plus not something simple. I think those who got it at preview got a good deal.

Reminds me of Centris....650psf back then got pple said crazy n condemn.

It is how the Market works rather than marketing. No one can accurately predict. Just like the recent stock mkt rally, those who have not invested last year would half missed the boat. The point is to stay invested but at the same time keep lots of cash on hand to wait for major correction or crash.

Kenshinto80
19-02-12, 07:08
Sky Tan also bought a 527sqft suite for $660k, $1200psf at Watertown. So does that make him a carrot? This guy made lots of money from property before. :p

hyenergix
19-02-12, 07:46
Sky Tan also bought a 527sqft suite for $660k, $1200psf at Watertown. So does that make him a carrot? This guy made lots of money from property before. :p

Rising tide lifts all boats. No need to be an expert to make $. Just need plenty of Vit M to buy and hold.

Xan
19-02-12, 08:38

Not a lone crusader, yes, obviously I have vested interest. (something I never deny since day 1 here)
Some forumers had been following this WT site closely and are taken aback by my lately posts. From beginning, started as someone able to rationalize and analyze things with depth, to now, you can call me low intellect cranky idiot or whatever. lol. :D Anyway, who cares? At least I know I'm not fake and I dont act noble here. I'm not malicious and my agenda is simple.

My disappointment derived from below:

Most WT buyers in this forum had already made their choice before they join the forum. Demonlishing their confidence by calling them "carrot head" will do them any good? This is obviously not value adding. So do you think now I have very valid reasons not to talk to you nicely?
My take is, if WT good sales makes u feel so painful, why dont u take an exit instead of creating trouble here and shakening these people's confidence. There are quite a number who are first time buyers and they might not have the experience like me to go through signing a few OTPs before. In short, some of them lack experience. why must die die whack their confidence damn hard and attack them so you feel more shiok? Do u believe in what goes around comes around? I hope you do.
who is the biggest carrot we still dont know yet.

5 years time, we come back here and review again.
Talk is cheap.

Xan
19-02-12, 08:44

deleted. error

graveyard
19-02-12, 08:46
The fact He made money from past transactions does not guarantee He Will make money from all transactions. Even ´property gurů´ Like donald trump nearly went bankrupt once. In case wt buyers jǔmp on me, i am reacting to that statement, not whetzer wt buyers are carrots

testtest
19-02-12, 08:50
Hi Rosy, my 2 cents here... if I'm to put on my investor hat.. and looking to rent it out to tenants in CBD area..

I will probably place my bet on a geyland area condo over WT.. way much nearer to town, freehold and a bit more expensive is ok. Though need to walk a distance to MRT, cabbing is always an option and its fast to get into town. But this is pure investment and I will not choose that area as a choice for family living, until the red light are cleared.

IMO For WT owners looking to rent out their units.. should not juz look for tenants solely working in CBD area (though i work in Raffles Place :))

I think it is difficult to rent wt for CBD at even half the distant away. There are too many better alternatives. The rental mkt for wt is in the north.

Kenshinto80
19-02-12, 08:59
The fact He made money from past transactions does not guarantee He Will make money from all transactions. Even ´property gurů´ Like donald trump nearly went bankrupt once. In case wt buyers jǔmp on me, i am reacting to that statement, not whetzer wt buyers are carrots
Think you missed the point my frenz, Hyenergix got it.:p

ulrich76
19-02-12, 09:06
Not a lone crusader, yes, obviously I have vested interest. (something I never deny since day 1 here)
Some forumers had been following this WT site closely and are taken aback by my lately posts. From beginning, started as someone able to rationalize and analyze things with depth, to now, you can call me low intellect cranky idiot or whatever. lol. :D Anyway, who cares? At least I know I'm not fake and I dont act noble here. I'm not malicious and my agenda is simple.

Most WT buyers in this forum had already made their choice before they join the forum. Demonlishing their confidence by calling them "carrot head" will do them any good? This is obviously not value adding. So do you think now I have very valid reasons not to talk to you nicely?
My take is, if WT good sales makes u feel so painful, why dont u take an exit instead of creating trouble here and shakening these people's confidence. There are quite a number who are first time buyers and they might not have the experience like me to go through signing a few OTPs before. In short, some of them lack experience. why must die die whack their confidence damn hard and attack them so you feel more shiok? Do u believe in what goes around comes around? I hope you do.

Talk is cheap.

Ya lor, 5 yrs later all will be revealed. Could become 2000psf or 500psf or world maybe end liao.
If crash I also dun mind. Got chance to get my dream 4000sf cluster house. If cheong I just cash out my ATT. Both ways ok :)

Xan
19-02-12, 09:09
I think it is difficult to rent wt for CBD at even half the distant away. There are too many better alternatives. The rental mkt for wt is in the north.

Yes precisely.
For example, lets use espada, 3xxsqft for 9xxk.
What rental are we looking at? 3k pm? 6k pm?
You dare to buy? I dont dare.

Will go for lower quantum, bigger size, lower rental also wont die.
With amendities around, better.
Yes, WT rental targets the north. Wont be surprise those working in the CDB stays in punggol due to accessibility in tpt. (As long as the rental is lower than CCR).

While everyone preaching HDB rental yield better, not wrong lah.
Like that all other places sama sama, those OCR condo with HDB next to it confirm all si kiao kiao. (die until bo chun). Then everyone no need buy condo already.
But is HDB and condo same life style? I stayed in HDB with parents for 20 years and I stayed in PC for 8 years.
The feeling totally not the same. I left home door not lock I also dont care. Thats the best part.

graveyard
19-02-12, 09:12
Oic. May i know What is The point

Xan
19-02-12, 09:16

Yes, sky tan's success comes from his rich Vit M and holding power.
His rich vit M is leveraged from his past success so he wont die.
Even during storms, he can still hold.
Judgement comes later though it is essential.
Thats what bro Kenshinto80 means.

graveyard
19-02-12, 09:26
Yes, sky tan's success comes from his rich Vit M and holding power.
His rich vit M is leveraged from his past success so he wont die.
Even during storms, he can still hold.
Judgement comes later though it is essential.
Thats what bro Kenshinto80 means.
Ah If Thats wad he meant, i agree

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 09:33
God is fair to everyone. Rich or poor, Young or Old, we are all given 24 hours a day. Not a minute more or less. The difference is the rich multiply the time with the aid of tools or people to help them to succeed their goals and yet rewarding the people. Hence, property investment with leveraging of the bank is just another tool. ;)

So how?

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 09:36
Is the tide still rising? Need your advice.
Rising tide lifts all boats. No need to be an expert to make $. Just need plenty of Vit M to buy and hold.

Xan
19-02-12, 09:39
God is fair to everyone. Rich or poor, Young or Old, we are all given 24 hours a day. Not a minute more or less. The difference is the rich multiply the time with the aid of tools or people to help them to succeed their goals and yet rewarding the people. Hence, property investment with leveraging of the bank is just another tool. ;)

Your words suddenly reminds me of a movie "in time" by Justin timberlake.
What will the world become if time replaces all currencies.

kane
19-02-12, 09:43

Talk is cheap.

property is a big ticket investment for many, when they buy it, they should be very confident of their decision because they've rationalised thoroughly why it deserves the price they pay. if just a few words in this forum can sway their decision, they should think harder in the next purchase they make. don't just follow the herd.

and i would maintain, that those who bought below 1150psf, probably have a decent buffer margin for error, those who bought at 1400psf and above, let's just say, if their prices, went to 1600psf, their neighbours who bought at 1000-1100psf would benefit far more than them from the appreciation perspective.

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 09:43
Time will stay but currencies are not permanent. Wealth can be created and disappeared too.
Your words suddenly reminds me of a movie "in time" by Justin timberlake.
What will the world become if time replaces all currencies.

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 09:47
Unfortunately, people are emotional and driven by sentiments. Example, going to a showflat with everyone around you issuing cheque for the downpayment will influence the person to do the same. Hence, it is very important to do some research before visiting the showflat. :2cents:
property is a big ticket investment for many, when they buy it, they should be very confident of their decision because they've rationalised thoroughly why it deserves the price they pay. if just a few words in this forum can sway their decision, they should think harder in the next purchase they make. don't just follow the herd.

and i would maintain, that those who bought below 1150psf, probably have a decent buffer margin for error, those who bought at 1400psf and above, let's just say, if their prices, went to 1600psf, their neighbours who bought at 1000-1100psf would benefit far more than them from the appreciation perspective.

kane
19-02-12, 09:54
i think that's kiasu mentality for you. "many people buy must be good" mindset. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 09:56
As mentioned by someone that property investment is a big ticket item. Hence, it has to be a good investment for middle to long term. Otherwise, do not go in. A bad investment can set one by at least 10 years. There are not many 10 years in a life time.
i think that's kiasu mentality for you. "many people buy must be good" mindset. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Xan
19-02-12, 09:57

For first timer buying PC, definitely gan jiong though one might do alot of research and calculation. This is human nature. Imagine, this is the first time u putting in so much money.
Buying PC during my time is a total different settings from now. Many Units TOP a year already still vacant and I can climb up and down to view different units, from 2 bedder to penthouse and the agent followed me faithfully. (where got such thing as buying by seeing the layout plans. We buy what we see)

Now? everyone signing cheque book on the spot and for another moment, the desired units are gone. There will be buyers who are not ready to rationalized on the spot, signed the cheque book and regret later, esp when they heard undesriable remarks. This is esp true to many first timer.
Seasoned ones, they usually dont care.

Xan
19-02-12, 10:04

The tides is still rising but slowly.
In today's settings and CMs, cannot rise too fast, the jetty can get flooded. Govt needs time to react and they dont like tides that rise too fast. If rise too fast, they will introduce desperate measures. If tides rise slowly, they can still observe closely and react accordingly.
Just my :2cents: even though this qns was not directed to me.
Sorry I kaypo.

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 10:06
They are supposed to use the gates at the marina barrage for it. Unfortunately, it does not work. Hope no more measures. :doh:
The tides is still rising but slowly.
In today's settings and CMs, cannot rise too fast, the jetty can get flooded. Govt needs time to react and they dont like tides that rise too fast. If rise too fast, they will introduce desperate measures. If tides rise slowly, they can still observe closely and react accordingly.
Just my :2cents: even though this qns was not directed to me.
Sorry I kaypo.

Xan
19-02-12, 10:12
They are supposed to use the gates at the marina barrage for it. Unfortunately, it does not work. Hope no more measures. :doh:

I always feel the demand mainly came from those sites that are better located with amendities/tpt etc. Other sites like riversound, boathouse, parc vera are still pretty healthy, didnt see much hype.
Dont see the need why govt should panic now and build more dams (the CMs) as it only applies to project on case by case basis.

Jonathan0503
19-02-12, 10:22
Sorry, the way u attack bro ulrich reflects your true self as well.
I don't need people like you to respect my posts.
Yes, u r right, I've done enough analysis.
Carrot head or not in near future we shall know.
Talk is cheap.

The was how it started from Ulrich:

Originally Posted by ulrich76
Which development? Enuf of pole saying can get this or that. Mai chwee gong lp song

You choose not to comment on his offensive remarks but attacked my reply to his post? Just because he is also an owner of WT?

Xan
19-02-12, 10:30
The was how it started from Ulrich:

Originally Posted by ulrich76

You choose not to comment on his offensive remarks but attacked my reply to his post? Just because he is also an owner of WT?

Sorry if I had hurt you so much to the extend you need to dig out all these past records. lol. I apologise then.

I understand and share his frustration when those gurus wannabes keep offering their so called "better alternatives" when the WT buyers had already made their choice and exercise their options. Trying to tell those buyers they never do their homework? Is there any value adding purposes? well I dont see any. Why want to make those who already committed feel uneasy?

Anyway, bro ulrich's remarks did not direct to you personally.
Btw, he is not vested in WT and he got a better deal than me. Seems like u never follow the thread closely.

Mohankrish
19-02-12, 10:33
Oh now then realize. Even Soho Hillier 1 roomer also in high 200 to 300 range. How can WT being bigger be cheaper? But of course WT owners got it cheap 9xx nett psf after so many discounts, they should be very confident :scared-5:

Nonsense! The 4 bedders are paying 300 plus!

chanel
19-02-12, 10:35

Think it boils down to prestige - the mentality of living in the most expensive shopping district & most convenient to move around without owning a car for the expats especially. Actually it also depends on the particular type & age of unit, as some in Orchard area are comparable to other far away districts.
We've got an expat who nearly rented a 1+1 bedrm in Sophia for $3K if not for owning a cat which the landlord forbade. He ended up renting an equivalent in Rangoon Rd near Farrer Pk MRT which allows pet at same rental. Nearly half his salary goes to the rental but he wants to be near to Orchard area and wont consider anywhere out of CBD. With our good public transportation connection, he could easily rented an HDB for half the cost and save more.

Jonathan0503
19-02-12, 10:43
Sorry if I had hurt you so much to the extend you need to dig out all these past records. lol. I apologise then.

I understand and share his frustration when those gurus wannabes keep offering their so called "better alternatives" when the WT buyers had already made their choice and exercise their options. Trying to tell those buyers they never do their homework? Is there any value adding purposes? well I dont see any. Why want to make those who already committed feel uneasy?

Btw, he is not vested in WT and he got a better deal than me. Seems like u never follow the thread closely.

Ok, apologies accepted.:)

I agree it's not good to condemn and talk down on those who have bought a project. They must have reasons why they choose to buy

Xan
19-02-12, 10:49
Ok, apologies accepted.:)

I agree it's not good to condemn and talk down on those who have bought a project. They must have reasons why they choose to buy

No prob, bro.
I lose my cool at times as well.
Yes, must admit im emotionally attached sometimes....sigh
gtg enjoy yourself here.
:)

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 10:55
It is quite low rental for a 1+1 at sophia?
Think it boils down to prestige - the mentality of living in the most expensive shopping district & most convenient to move around without owning a car for the expats especially. Actually it also depends on the particular type & age of unit, as some in Orchard area are comparable to other far away districts.
We've got an expat who nearly rented a 1+1 bedrm in Sophia for $3K if not for owning a cat which the landlord forbade. He ended up renting an equivalent in Rangoon Rd near Farrer Pk MRT which allows pet at same rental. Nearly half his salary goes to the rental but he wants to be near to Orchard area and wont consider anywhere out of CBD. With our good public transportation connection, he could easily rented an HDB for half the cost and save more.

chanel
19-02-12, 11:17
It is quite low rental for a 1+1 at sophia?

Quite surprised too, 2 bedrm 700sf near DhobyGhaut MRT going for $3,100. Probably those near Wilkie Rd are either old or walk-up apt

http://www.rentinsingapore.com/rents101/searchads?page=2&typed_search=

1-bedder Hi-Rise Apt near Orchard MRT going for $3,200

http://www.rentinsingapore.com/showad/71707/orchard%20road-available-**cheap-1bedder-hi-rise-apt.html

hyenergix
19-02-12, 14:31

Good to buy FH or 999LH near MRT to keep. I dun dare to touch e rest. Era of easy money is gone. It is more abt wealth preservation.

yjcai
19-02-12, 14:42
Nonsense! The 4 bedders are paying 300 plus!

Oh so it did not cross the 400 barrier?

Allthepies
19-02-12, 14:50
when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed facts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.never rely on others, if u do means that u have not thoroughly think thru the investment i.e.u probably bought on impulse.

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 15:00
and in the CBD.:D
Good to buy FH or 999LH near MRT to keep. I dun dare to touch e rest. Era of easy money is gone. It is more abt wealth preservation.

yjcai
19-02-12, 15:02
when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed facts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.

Upon very bad times, the area also needs to prove itself.

ulrich76
19-02-12, 17:01

Hi Jonathan, sorry if my post offended u. Just my general frustration with forummers who say there are props in good location where price is good, but never say which development to back it up. It's like edmw forum NPNT

Molotov
19-02-12, 19:08
when analysing an investment, first list down all the confirmed fa
cts...fact 1 there will be a lot of rental supply coming in punggol, sengkang area from the unlimited hdb and condos launched there. fact 2 the only demand come from seletar aero space hub...u can build up the list and do ur own analysis and conclusion.not vested in this area.never rely on others, if u do means that u have not thoroughly think thru the investment i.e.u probably bought on impulse.
Totally agree if you are coming purely from an investor's angle.
I believe there is also a fair share of those who want to live in and enjoy the conveniences and amenities at WT.

Jonathan0503
19-02-12, 19:44
Hi Jonathan, sorry if my post offended u. Just my general frustration with forummers who say there are props in good location where price is good, but never say which development to back it up. It's like edmw forum NPNT

No problem. I got over it already:)

graveyard
19-02-12, 19:49

projects near CDB more ex leh. Thg those are safe bets, nowadays many offices and businesses shifting to outskirts like harborfront, paya lebar, changi, esp the backend operations which has no dealings with customers because rent is much cheaper. As technology keeps advancing with video conferencing, online transactions, increasingly online based work activities, the shift of offices to cheaper more "rural" location is a real option. So there may be good rent demand outside CDB :rolleyes:

teddybear
19-02-12, 20:00
Backend operations, even for financial institutions, pay very much much less than their front-end employees. So you can expect that their rent paying capability will be low as well. :p

projects near CDB more ex leh. Thg those are safe bets, nowadays many offices and businesses shifting to outskirts like harborfront, paya lebar, changi, esp the backend operations which has no dealings with customers because rent is much cheaper. As technology keeps advancing with video conferencing, online transactions, increasingly online based work activities, the shift of offices to cheaper more "rural" location is a real option. So there may be good rent demand outside CDB :rolleyes:

hopeful
19-02-12, 20:01

backoffice operations not sure whether they shift out to "rural" Singapore or shift out of Singapore.

graveyard
19-02-12, 20:06
Backend operations, even for financial institutions, pay very much much less than their front-end employees. So you can expect that their rent paying capability will be low as well. :p

Hm i did thought of tht as i was writing. but its not covering just the admin and bank ops. there are many well paid professionals too in backend doing technical stuff ..like engineers, financial analysts, ops manager, project managers. morever, the rent paying capability will be matched by lower rent compared to rent in CDB

graveyard
19-02-12, 20:10
backoffice operations not sure whether they shift out to "rural" Singapore or shift out of Singapore.

that depends on how well the SG gov is doing to attract FDI. cost structure in SG is known to be high but govt could give subsidies, tax rebates etc. at the moment, SG still has something to offer like superios infrastructure. Evergreen the logistics giant moved to tanjung pelepas port in msia because it tot its gonna save heaps of rent ..then realized the port has substandard facilities and infrastucture that increases its operating expenses .. in the end has to move back to sg

DC33_2008
19-02-12, 21:40
A lot of call centres of banks already move out of singapore. Traders, economist, HR, Investment banking, etc are the ones remain in the CBD. These are the ones who can pay top rental.
Hm i did thought of tht as i was writing. but its not covering just the admin and bank ops. there are many well paid professionals too in backend doing technical stuff ..like engineers, financial analysts, ops manager, project managers. morever, the rent paying capability will be matched by lower rent compared to rent in CDB

hyenergix
19-02-12, 21:42

CBD is beyond my range so I never study it in detail. I'm more comfortable in the suburbs. Most of the subsidised housing are in the suburbs i.e. citizens and PRs who qualify to buy are virtually given $200-400k worth of subsidies compared to market value. The free cash and higher rental yield allow them to transit to pte condos easier. Moreover more $ is being pumped by the government into those regions for development. The % of psf increase is higher over there.

solsys
19-02-12, 21:50
Director who works in a MNC located in CBD versus a Director who works for a MNC in suburban pay can be quite wide I think.

Manufacturing companies pay lose out to CBD ones.

I once joined the largest FMCG company in the world briefly but remuneration never quite match the other industry I came from.

Which is why I think rental will pick up for North and North East for Seletar Aerospace Hub but not the super high end, expensive sort.

Suburban is best played in the mass segment of the mass market segment where rental is key in this interesting times.

graveyard
19-02-12, 23:54
A lot of call centres of banks already move out of singapore. Traders, economist, HR, Investment banking, etc are the ones remain in the CBD. These are the ones who can pay top rental.

for every foreign investment banker, there are prob at least 10 foreign middle exec, professionals. those in suburb need not settle for top rental like 3-4K, just afford a decent 5% onwards rent yield. there are quite a nbr of foreigners in my office - of course the directors stay in CDB as most are on expat and coy paying for housing. but most are pinoys, indians. Quite a nbr who must be earning >6K are staying in hdb in groups. Not all who have earning power desire lifestyle CDB living. a few i know rather send $ money back to build house, as u would imagine. the strong SGD and their very decent pay would allow them to build decent houses back in hometown

gfoo
20-02-12, 00:02
wow this thread is now 220 pages long... has anybody stopped to think why?
it's simply because the 'record' pricing of WT is so polarizing, that it sets off debate. The sentiments and opposing views here almost exactly mirror those in 98/99, and at that point for PC the hot 'record' areas was hillview, and for HDB it was punggol with the PG21 story. property for own stay is a function of affordability, as own-stay properties are an expense. but property for investment should be examined like every other investment - you buy low, and sell high.

would you invest a record price of over 50% premium in a penny stock company, in an unproven sub-sector, facing almost unlimited competition and new companies springing up every other week, against a backdrop of global economic uncertainty, where the government has warned against, and where the larger sector is already facing a slowdown? just because the penny stock company held an excellent roadshow, made queues of people lining up, pricing it up 70% above par and giving a 20% 'discount'?

it is one thing rationalizing one's purchase. it's a totally different thing when people sit on the fence and are swayed by PMs. Let them read the debates and make their own decisions. people's savings are on the line here.

do not forget the lessons of the past. investments should be rational, and not swept up by emotion or 'michael jackson concert' showflats with lots of lights and smoke.

every person i talk to - middle class, upper middle, hnwi - all uses wt as a benchmark of the craziness of the mass market property prices. it's used as the butt of jokes now. let's hope that they are wrong.

minority
20-02-12, 08:25
Well said. But given all the debat. Only time will tell. There will be winners n there will be losers a matter of fact of investing.

ysyap
20-02-12, 09:01
Now that WT is near 100% sold, which project will take over as the next talking point for setting high psf? :rolleyes:

bargain hunter
20-02-12, 09:07
ST

Feb 19, 2012

The sky's the limit for this investor

Boss of interior design firm plans to continue overseas expansion and build up his property portfolio

By Joyce Teo

Mr Sky Tan Keang Leng, 35, invested $100,000 to start his own interior design business Sky Creation here in 2008.

Today, it has an office in Shanghai and is moving its office in Johor Baru to Kuala Lumpur soon. There are plans to enter other regional markets such as Thailand and Hong Kong.

'If my business doesn't grow, I won't attract

talent,' Mr Tan says. 'I want to see how far I can go.'

But his expansion is carefully planned, he says.

'I have to think of rainy days. Everyone will go through life with ups and downs, so we have to be prepared for it.'

Now that his business is on track for growth, Mr Tan can look at building up his property portfolio. He is also studying for a professional postgraduate diploma in marketing. His wife Angel Ong, 33, helps out with his company's accounts. The couple have two children, aged one and four.

Q: Are you a spender or a saver?

I save more than half of my monthly pay. I spend mostly on food, comic books and foot reflexology.

I collect comics. I have at least 1,000 of them in my collection. In recent months, I have been spending a few hundred dollars a month to build up my collection.

Q: How much do you charge to your credit cards every month?

I charge about $2,000 plus every month. These are for my personal expenses and I pay up every month.

Q: What financial planning have you done for yourself?

I have insurance coverage of around $1 million and I invest in properties and my business. I try to make more money while I can so that I can give my family more security. I don't want them to have to suffer.

Q: Moneywise, what were your growing-up years like?

I grew up with my parents and an elder brother. My dad was a warehouse supervisor and my mum was a housewife. We were poor so I understood the importance of money and planning for the future.

I have not taken a single cent from my family ever since my dad was retrenched from his job during my national service days. That and his subsequent death taught me that I need to work hard and have good financial planning for my loved ones in case of unforeseen circumstances. My family is what keeps me going.

Q: How did you get interested in investing?

My childhood friend Keegan Chan, who is a financial consultant, got me interested in investing. My first investment was an investment and savings plan that I bought from him 10 years back.

Q: What property do you own?

I have a fully paid-up five-room flat in Hougang, which I bought for $330,000 in 1999.

I also own a 1,367 sq ft four-room condominium unit in The Luxurie in Sengkang. I bought it for $1.44 million last year. It will be ready in a few years' time.

Last month, I bought a 527 sq ft suite in the newly launched Watertown in Punggol for $660,000, or just more than $1,200 per sq ft. I will rent it out when it is built. I believe it is a good buy because it is integrated with Punggol MRT station and is near many shops.

I will continue to grow my property portfolio yearly but I want to buy only something within my means. I am therefore thinking of buying a property in Johor Baru next.

Q: What's the most extravagant thing you have bought?

My car, an Audi A7. I bought it for around $280,000 last year. I have no regrets as it was all along my dream car. Previously, I drove an Audi A6.

Q: What's your retirement plan?

I am a workaholic. I enjoy my work and never think of retiring. I want to be financially independent before the age of 40.

I will reach my goal with my property investments and my business. Although I have no intention of retiring, it is my wish to travel around the world with my wife when we are older.

Q: Home is now....

My five-room HDB flat in Hougang.

Q: I drive....

A white Audi A7.

---------------------------------------------

WORST AND BEST BETS

Q: What's your worst investment to date?

I invested around $30,000 to open a bag shop in Queensway Shopping Centre in 2008 with a partner. I had previously done retail sales.

But we closed the shop after several months when we went into the red and I made a loss of $2,000.

Q: What is your best investment to date?

I bought a three-bedroom condo unit in Thomson area for nearly $900,000 at the end of 2008 and sold it for about $1.3 million a year later.

propertychap
20-02-12, 09:32
Anyone has idea wat is the current sales figures?

gfoo
20-02-12, 09:42
Now that WT is near 100% sold, which project will take over as the next talking point for setting high psf? :rolleyes:

looking at the way things are, probably kranji

ysyap
20-02-12, 09:44
looking at the way things are, probably kranjiInteresting... Parc Rosewood gaining ready acceptance too... :D

fclim
20-02-12, 10:08
ST

Feb 19, 2012

The sky's the limit for this investor

Boss of interior design firm plans to continue overseas expansion and build up his property portfolio

By Joyce Teo

Mr Sky Tan Keang Leng, 35, invested $100,000 to start his own interior design business Sky Creation here in 2008.

Today, it has an office in Shanghai and is moving its office in Johor Baru to Kuala Lumpur soon. There are plans to enter other regional markets such as Thailand and Hong Kong.

'If my business doesn't grow, I won't attract

talent,' Mr Tan says. 'I want to see how far I can go.'

But his expansion is carefully planned, he says.

'I have to think of rainy days. Everyone will go through life with ups and downs, so we have to be prepared for it.'

Now that his business is on track for growth, Mr Tan can look at building up his property portfolio. He is also studying for a professional postgraduate diploma in marketing. His wife Angel Ong, 33, helps out with his company's accounts. The couple have two children, aged one and four.

Q: Are you a spender or a saver?

I save more than half of my monthly pay. I spend mostly on food, comic books and foot reflexology.

I collect comics. I have at least 1,000 of them in my collection. In recent months, I have been spending a few hundred dollars a month to build up my collection.

Q: How much do you charge to your credit cards every month?

I charge about $2,000 plus every month. These are for my personal expenses and I pay up every month.

Q: What financial planning have you done for yourself?

I have insurance coverage of around $1 million and I invest in properties and my business. I try to make more money while I can so that I can give my family more security. I don't want them to have to suffer.

Q: Moneywise, what were your growing-up years like?

I grew up with my parents and an elder brother. My dad was a warehouse supervisor and my mum was a housewife. We were poor so I understood the importance of money and planning for the future.

I have not taken a single cent from my family ever since my dad was retrenched from his job during my national service days. That and his subsequent death taught me that I need to work hard and have good financial planning for my loved ones in case of unforeseen circumstances. My family is what keeps me going.

Q: How did you get interested in investing?

My childhood friend Keegan Chan, who is a financial consultant, got me interested in investing. My first investment was an investment and savings plan that I bought from him 10 years back.

I have a fully paid-up five-room flat in Hougang, which I bought for $330,000 in 1999.

I also own a 1,367 sq ft four-room condominium unit in The Luxurie in Sengkang. I bought it for $1.44 million last year. It will be ready in a few years' time.

Last month, I bought a 527 sq ft suite in the newly launched Watertown in Punggol for $660,000, or just more than $1,200 per sq ft. I will rent it out when it is built. I believe it is a good buy because it is integrated with Punggol MRT station and is near many shops.

I will continue to grow my property portfolio yearly but I want to buy only something within my means. I am therefore thinking of buying a property in Johor Baru next.

Q: What's the most extravagant thing you have bought?

My car, an Audi A7. I bought it for around $280,000 last year. I have no regrets as it was all along my dream car. Previously, I drove an Audi A6.

Q: What's your retirement plan?

I am a workaholic. I enjoy my work and never think of retiring. I want to be financially independent before the age of 40.

I will reach my goal with my property investments and my business. Although I have no intention of retiring, it is my wish to travel around the world with my wife when we are older.

Q: Home is now....

My five-room HDB flat in Hougang.

Q: I drive....

A white Audi A7.

---------------------------------------------

WORST AND BEST BETS

Q: What's your worst investment to date?

I invested around $30,000 to open a bag shop in Queensway Shopping Centre in 2008 with a partner. I had previously done retail sales.

But we closed the shop after several months when we went into the red and I made a loss of $2,000.

Q: What is your best investment to date?

I bought a three-bedroom condo unit in Thomson area for nearly $900,000 at the end of 2008 and sold it for about $1.3 million a year later.

I dun see what's so special about this guy? I am sure many forummers own much better properties than him, but not in the news. $400K profit considered best investment. Not impressive leh. Many people aso make that amount wat.

ysyap
20-02-12, 10:10
I dun see what's so special about this guy? I am sure many forummers own much better properties than him, but not in the news.Many others who own more properties are not in this forum too.... its just a random interview lah... :o

fclim
20-02-12, 10:11
Many others who own more properties are not in this forum too.... its just a random interview lah... :o

Not impressive leh. Best investment $400K. Many HDB and pte owners oso make that amount wat.

ysyap
20-02-12, 10:20
Not impressive leh. Best investment $400K. Many HDB and pte owners oso make that amount wat.It is impressive to the majority of Singaporeans who don't invest in properties mah... to a community of investors, that amount looked mediocre but to one who barely earns $2k/mth without investment, its alot... :spliff:...

mantrix
20-02-12, 10:23
i think he bought meadows @ peirce...

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:24
I dun see what's so special about this guy? I am sure many forummers own much better properties than him, but not in the news. $400K profit considered best investment. Not impressive leh. Many people aso make that amount wat.

I agree but not bad for a guy who is only 35. He has a fully paid HDB (or PC?) and vested into another two PCs.

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:27
ST

Does it cost so much like $330k for a Hougang 5 room back in 1999, was it a HDB or PC? Sorry, I was still in school. I bot my new HDB 5 room in 2003 in AMK at $330k too...:)

fclim
20-02-12, 10:27
It is impressive to the majority of Singaporeans who don't invest in properties mah... to a community of investors, that amount looked mediocre but to one who barely earns $2k/mth without investment, its alot... :spliff:...

So what's the moral of the story? That WT and Luxurie are good buys, since this guy sees the potential? Or property investment is THE way to grow your wealth? Quick quick, buy up all the new launches.

chanel
20-02-12, 10:29
HDB prices have escalated almost like PC prices. Yesterday saw a notice near Hougang Mall posted by some agents, selling several HDB units & a unit in Block 833 Hougang Central asking for $750K, didnt indicate size but assume old HDB are quite sizeable above 1,500sf. Thought this price for District 19 is rather high until I discovered from propertyguru website, same block 833 of other units approx. 1,650sf asking $900K - quite taken aback by HDB prices with no condo facilities but good location, near to MRT, bus interchange & mall. Supposed some people are looking for bigger units, they dont mind to pay as new units are so small like shoeboxes. Probably sellers asking skyhigh prices to test waters, sometimes ppl will bite like the Bedok case.

mantrix
20-02-12, 10:30
Does it cost so much like $330k for a Hougang 5 room back in 1999, was it a HDB or PC? Sorry, I was still in school. I bot my new HDB 5 room in 2003 in AMK at $330k too...:)

i suspect his HDB is a 5rm A...one of the older 5rms with more than 1500 sq ft...now should easily be worth 500K (especially if he has the lift upgrading)

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:30
If one day the govt moves the red light away from Geylang, those recent FH launches at $1100-1200 will certainly shoots up! Will that happen?

ysyap
20-02-12, 10:31
This guy is v daring... in 1999, he's probably only 22 years old. To buy a flat, I assume its HDB. Therefore he must be married or share name with parent or something... hmmm.. $330k back then in Hougang is a little expensive...:cool:

ysyap
20-02-12, 10:33
If one day the govt moves the red light away from Geylang, those recent FH launches at $1100-1200 will certainly shoots up! Will that happen?Govt will not move it away lah... too much at stake plus inconveniences... :rolleyes:

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:33
i suspect his HDB is a 5rm A...one of the older 5rms with more than 1500 sq ft...now should easily be worth 500K (especially if he has the lift upgrading)

So he made a paper gain of only $200k+ (since he bot at $330k)... My HDB selling $700k, I made more... ST should interview me instead.... haha...

Rosy
20-02-12, 10:35
So what's the moral of the story? That WT and Luxurie are good buys, since this guy sees the potential? Or property investment is THE way to grow your wealth? Quick quick, buy up all the new launches.

I would thought savvy investors will look for gems in the resale market rather than following the herd to the swanky showflats?

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:37
I would thought savvy investors will look for gems in the resale market rather than following the herd to the swanky showflats?

Can share what are the possible gems in the resale? I am eyeing another one....

fclim
20-02-12, 10:38

Maybe this guy is Xan. whahaha...sorry Xan.:)

Rosy
20-02-12, 10:39
Can share what are the possible gems in the resale? I am eyeing another one....
i am not looking for one. But a quick glance at property websites will show you older FH in D9,10 selling for 1500psf.

marginal investors have no choice but to go for 5xxk shoebox new launches

ysyap
WT is a gem according to many people but some others have their reservations... no one will know for sure lah... what is gem to a person may not be gem to another... :D

amk
would you invest a record price of over 50% premium in a penny stock company, in an unproven sub-sector, facing almost unlimited competition and new companies springing up every other week, against a backdrop of global economic uncertainty, where the government has warned against, and where the larger sector is already facing a slowdown? just because the penny stock company held an excellent roadshow, made queues of people lining up, pricing it up 70% above par and giving a 20% 'discount'?

very well said.

Rosy
20-02-12, 10:40
WT is a gem according to many people but some others have their reservations... no one will know for sure lah... what is gem to a person may not be gem to another... :D

No budget to stomach the gems is also a consideration.

For genuine long term investors, I am shaken by the latest measures and will not buy now.

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:43
Maybe this guy is Xan. whahaha...sorry Xan.:)

I think Xan got a better deal (in psf) than this Sky Tan...
I would think (in general) <$1100psf in WT is not a bad deal in current market, considering other launches near (repeat really near) to MRT and shopping mall will be higher.

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 10:46
No budget to stomach the gems is also a consideration.

For genuine long term investors, I am shaken by the latest measures and will not buy now.

I am not really bothered by the latest measures, the market has more or less factor that in.... it is whether there will be NEW CMs...

Rosy
20-02-12, 10:48
I am not really bothered by the latest measures, the market has more or less factor that in.... it is whether there will be NEW CMs...
if you have few millions to spare, you can seriously taking a look at bigger units in prime districts now. There are good gems currently.

price
20-02-12, 10:51

as the name define itself, CMs are meant to cool the market, not to cause prices to fall dramatically

minority
20-02-12, 10:57
With the current budget. Looks like inflation is here to stay. Wats the worry is the global impact. I guess the biggest push factor is if there will be interest rate hike. Tat will determine the Man from the Boys playing in the sand box. In this real estate game who can hold and survive a slow down will be the winners.

bargain hunter
20-02-12, 12:12
errm. prices were falling between 1999 to 2003. u bot at the bottom ok! :) some of the darkest days of sg ppty market between 1999 and 2003. :ashamed1:

bargain hunter
20-02-12, 12:17
yup. more of the norm for ppty investor than the special.

bargain hunter
20-02-12, 12:19
no morale. just that we now know of a person who has been lapping up the new launches. :ashamed1:

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 12:39
errm. prices were falling between 1999 to 2003. u bot at the bottom ok! :) some of the darkest days of sg ppty market between 1999 and 2003. :ashamed1:

oh... that's explain it.... so nothing special about that ST article about Mr. Sky.

Ilikeu
20-02-12, 12:41
With the current budget. Looks like inflation is here to stay. Wats the worry is the global impact. I guess the biggest push factor is if there will be interest rate hike. Tat will determine the Man from the Boys playing in the sand box. In this real estate game who can hold and survive a slow down will be the winners.

The biggest (external) worry now imo is not really the euro debt crisis, but whether Israel will start a war against Iran.

testtest
20-02-12, 15:09
Not impressive leh. Best investment $400K. Many HDB and pte owners oso make that amount wat.
any tom, dick or harry brought in 08 will make $$ lah... but don't sue me if you didn't :)

testtest
20-02-12, 15:16
just because the penny stock company held an excellent roadshow, made queues of people lining up, pricing it up 70% above par and giving a 20% 'discount'?

well said...the tactics of marking up the price and then giving discount is one of the oldest tricks in the book, the buyers must be smart to filter out all these "lights and smoke"....common to see 20% off everywhere but it is really a discount, ask yourself....but it is amazing how often it works!

Rosy
20-02-12, 16:18
well said...the tactics of marking up the price and then giving discount is one of the oldest tricks in the book, the buyers must be smart to filter out all these "lights and smoke"....common to see 20% off everywhere but it is really a discount, ask yourself....but it is amazing how often it works!

perhaps Basic believe it and thought prices are dropping fast?

minority
20-02-12, 16:44
perhaps Basic believe it and thought prices are dropping fast?
Maybe should sell it at $1.99 per pop .

minority
20-02-12, 16:47

Well some pple like the smoke. No bang where got worth the buck?

Like u go market eat. No Q don't want. Coz must be no good.

minority
20-02-12, 17:06
if you have few millions to spare, you can seriously taking a look at bigger units in prime districts now. There are good gems currently.

Where? The challenge is 40% min. Could be a big show stopper... I looked ard ccr price are not rising but not going down either.

Rosy
20-02-12, 17:10
Where? The challenge is 40% min. Could be a big show stopper... I looked ard ccr price are not rising but not going down either.
i mean laggards

Tripp
20-02-12, 17:18
http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - over 900 units sold!"

900 out of 992 units = 90.7% sold

ulrich76
20-02-12, 18:07

Where are the good gems if I may ask? Any specific developments?

Rosy
20-02-12, 18:53
Where are the good gems if I may ask? Any specific developments?
I already made my point.

shall not recommend any projects here. People in this forum like to make unneccessary accusations.

land118
20-02-12, 18:56
http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - over 900 units sold!"

900 out of 992 units = 90.7% sold

Kudos to FEO, build anything also can sell, maybe the Developer of the Year..:D

Rosy
20-02-12, 18:57
Kudos to FEO, build anything also can sell, maybe the Developer of the Year..:D

Their silversea takes ages to sell.