PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Ilikeu
14-02-12, 13:28
To give the gahmen the benefit of the doubt, I think they are trying to prevent citizens from over commiting. If after all these measures people still buy, then perhaps it is the true reflection of the market.

With the high LTVs, banks are still protected, so the financial problems in the form of the US housing crisis are more or less averted.

WT has did well perhaps due to the momentum of the pent-up demand since it is so close to the last CM. A better gauge would be 6mths to a year down. As it is resale is already indicating plateau and in some areas a reversion.

Agree.
Resale market indicating plateau/reversion is not totally unexpected considering the CM for SSD and HDB ruling that you cannot buy back a HDB when you own private. Hence, these govt measures only shifts the demand (more) into new projects. The prices for the new launches will be the benchmark if the market is indeed cooling.

minority
14-02-12, 13:30
If like what you have said, how come resale seems flat while new sales keep going up? Why all chiong WT instead of compass height? You mean u are smarter than 992 WT buyers? Who is carrot we still dunno yet hor.

Do u understand the disadv of buying old condo during this period under the current CMs?
Besides the age of the condo, people also wary abt huge cash exposure within a short time frame. This is buyers' sentiment and yet you know nothing abt it? Did you do your homework or read articles pertaining to buyers' sentiments? Or you just outright to condemn?

WT sells mainly the lower quantum units which will put the buyers in a better situation. They can either rent or self stay in near future, despite resale is flat, but quantum is low so can still cover thru rental if resale no gd. Rental why not possible? with amendities, cinema, mall, mrt and recreation. You got better excuses to differ these facts?

If u want to continue to act stupid and malicious thru names calling, I shall let you be. I shall rather hear from others who can offer a more constructive pt of view rather than your bird's talk. :doh:

Yes yes u don't have to explain to me. U sound like u are justifying to urself. Ok ok u got a good deal. WT best buy. Yeah yeah

minority
14-02-12, 13:32
This thread seemed to be only between the same few people. I will put my opinion... buy what you like. Don't have to explain to anyone your decision. I never experience buying PC still got to explain to forum your choice. :doh: :D

Welcome to the new vocal electorate ;)

Ilikeu
14-02-12, 13:35
The two bedder of 807sqft must be a facing and high floor unit. It is not really cheap at $1,362psf.

I hear of a friend who bot at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I guess FEO has increased the price significantly after that.

minority
14-02-12, 13:38
I hear of a friend who bot at $980psf for 2 bedder on vvip day. I guess FEO has increased the price significantly after that.

Should be lower floor either west facing or the block in between.

howgozit
14-02-12, 13:46

FEO played on the sentiment of the buyers by rapid price increments that created an urgency fueling the furious buying that followed.

No doubt WT is very attractive in many ways. If you were there on the first day but were undecided and came back a few days later only to find the price jacked up by 10%, you will most certainly feel some regret and commit readily for fear of it escalating another 10%.

azeoprop
14-02-12, 14:00
Its not only price increase and reduced discounts. Also because they release low floor units first, once snapped up only more expensive higher floor units left. Buy or not buy up to u. I think the suites are a good buy. They were one of the lowest absolute priced private condo units in whole of punggol and sengkang. Too bad money not enough can only drink coffee eat muffin and ice cream haa haa... :o

fclim
14-02-12, 14:04
Yes yes u don't have to explain to me. U sound like u are justifying to urself. Ok ok u got a good deal. WT best buy. Yeah yeah

Same thoughts. Confident WT owners don't really have to dexify their purchase decisions to others.:)

Arcachon
14-02-12, 14:04
Not to undermine HDB dwellers but anybody who owns both a Ferrari and a Porsche but stays in a 4rm need to have his head examined.

He or she must be working for SLA or IT executive.

price
14-02-12, 14:54
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 600,748 527 Strata 1,139psf Feb-12
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 641,868 570 Strata 1,125psf Feb-12
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 1,099,896 807 Strata 1,362psf Jan-12

cheap & good? You be the judge :D

Correct me if i'm wrong but caveats lodged are usually Gross of discounts (i.e. before SD reimbursement, Furniture vouchers ETC.) Hence nett prices are much lesser than these right?

new2mondrian
14-02-12, 14:56
He or she must be working for SLA or IT executive.

Haha yeah... But it was quite funny cos my child was very intrigued by the ferrari. As he stood staring at the car, the owner (a stout 40+ year old looking man) came by and drove the car away. As the car has a low base, it went really SLOWLY down the HDB multi-storey car park, esp at those areas where there was a ramp or a hump. My child looked at me and said - Mama, why is this car so loud but so slow? Really quite funny.

No lamborghini seen yet. If there's also a lambo, then must be the SLA exec! Lol...

Arcachon
14-02-12, 15:00
Correct me if i'm wrong but caveats lodged are usually Gross of discounts (i.e. before SD reimbursement, Furniture vouchers ETC.) Hence nett prices are much lesser than these right?

Then pay more Stamp duty??

ulrich76
14-02-12, 15:03

FEO is the BIG winner! I was thinking how on earth they are going to sell the units after the CM, but they did it. Their marketing director is a genius if you ask me.

Frankly to a lot of old timers, the pricing is not acceptable. I bot my first brand new PC (not EC) in 2005 - $400psf West side next to MRT, $530k quantum. The unit was not sold 6 months after TOP, I walked in, nego direct with the GM over $5k discount.

If this kind of scenario repeats, many will go bankrupt. So of course many pple will baulk at WT's pricing

ysyap
14-02-12, 15:04
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 600,748 527 Strata 1,139psf Feb-12
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 641,868 570 Strata 1,125psf Feb-12
WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 1,099,896 807 Strata 1,362psf Jan-12

cheap & good? You be the judge :DThe disparity is huge indeed... a bigger unit and also more than $200 psf above the 527sqft unit... hmmm...

ysyap
14-02-12, 15:06
Haha yeah... But it was quite funny cos my child was very intrigued by the ferrari. As he stood staring at the car, the owner (a stout 40+ year old looking man) came by and drove the car away. As the car has a low base, it went really SLOWLY down the HDB multi-storey car park, esp at those areas where there was a ramp or a hump. My child looked at me and said - Mama, why is this car so loud but so slow? Really quite funny.

No lamborghini seen yet. If there's also a lambo, then must be the SLA exec! Lol...Wait a rolls royces with HDB season parking disc... Lol! :)

price
14-02-12, 15:07
Then pay more Stamp duty??

Yes, the SD is always calculated on caveats lodged. I suppose developers are doing this so that when they adjust the discounts, caveats still look pretty much at the same level.

ozcraze
14-02-12, 15:36

Even with SD (3%) + FV (2-5%), it's still quite high psf coz caveat should be nett of the "bulk % discount" ie. after the 15-18% discount off list price?

Forumers here are mentioning $980-1080psf for the 1st batch of VVIP purchases? I'm :confused:

chanel
14-02-12, 15:42

You are right, caveats according to the amount shown on the sales agreement i.e. after FEO discount but before SD, Furniture & referal discounts. To be realistic, after all these discounts, the net price will be around $1,080psf or less.

Ilikeu
14-02-12, 15:49
FEO is the BIG winner! I was thinking how on earth they are going to sell the units after the CM, but they did it. Their marketing director is a genius if you ask me.

Frankly to a lot of old timers, the pricing is not acceptable. I bot my first brand new PC (not EC) in 2005 - $400psf West side next to MRT, $530k quantum. The unit was not sold 6 months after TOP, I walked in, nego direct with the GM over $5k discount.

If this kind of scenario repeats, many will go bankrupt. So of course many pple will baulk at WT's pricing

Great buy. Hope that purchase was not the only ppty that you have. Because if it is, then you can't really enjoy the upside since you need a roof for your family.

The fundamentals have changed ever since the sub-prime crisis. The market is flushed with liquidity since the QE1 and QE2.

If the worst case happen (ie. ppty drops 50%), stock market will be even worse hit, and the impact of a stock market crash will be more severe as every tom dick and harry will get hit.

price
14-02-12, 15:49
Even with SD (3%) + FV (2-5%), it's still quite high psf coz caveat should be nett of the "bulk % discount" ie. after the 15-18% discount off list price?

Forumers here are mentioning $980-1080psf for the 1st batch of VVIP purchases? I'm :confused:

Again, i'm not sure if i'm right but i've heard of cases where caveats are lodged before bulk discount. i.e. 15-18% + 3 + 2. That was also the reason why many returned the option cause bank loan is on nett price.

Worsty
14-02-12, 16:01
noo la. i am not that young. in late 20s! no spring chicken anymore! i am a spr, no army so accumulate $ and cpf from younger age than most local guys. and i bought 5xx K, which sort of cleaned up my savings and cpf, so i'm basically cash poor now. No support from parents, but shamefully not supporting them as they have their source of income (did offered persistently but they refused!) and live a frugal lifestyle. :o

ah..so an extra 2-3 yrs of savings from being out there in the workforce earlier. I'm 30 and like yourself, emptied all my cpf and savings on a pc but not WT. I guess, since the TOP is only 2017, you'll have time to accumulate your cpf and savings again :)

As long as one doesn't drink, smoke ,gamble (lousily) or paying for a car, you'll be able to save quite a bit here in Singapore.

minority
14-02-12, 16:02
Great buy. Hope that purchase was not the only ppty that you have. Because if it is, then you can't really enjoy the upside since you need a roof for your family.

The fundamentals have changed ever since the sub-prime crisis. The market is flushed with liquidity since the QE1 and QE2.

If the worst case happen (ie. ppty drops 50%), stock market will be even worse hit, and the impact of a stock market crash will be more severe as every tom dick and harry will get hit.

Not all Tom Dick n Harry are hit the same. Some more Dick some more Harry. All depends who's swimming naked when the tide rolles out.

Just hope not too many at deep end all naked :)

Mohankrish
14-02-12, 16:07
Should be lower floor either west facing or the block in between.

Mine is a high floor , not west facing, block in between but the blocks are angled away with partial view of the waterway. Not the dark blocks. $1030 psf:D

Ilikeu
14-02-12, 16:11
Not all Tom Dick n Harry are hit the same. Some more Dick some more Harry. All depends who's swimming naked when the tide rolles out.

Just hope not too many at deep end all naked :)

I would tend to believe majority of households have at least one member who buys shares... hence I generalised it as "every tom dick and harry". Of course everyone will not get hit the same. In stocks, it is a zero sum game, every winner of a share = one loser of that share.

dtrax
14-02-12, 16:22

WATERTOWN 69 Punggol Central #10-29 1 53 Strata 641,868 12111 1125 01-FEB-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 18/05/2011 Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 19 82 828754 North East Region Punggol

WATERTOWN 69 Punggol Central #10-19 1 49 Strata 600,748 12260 1139 01-FEB-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 18/05/2011 Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 19 82 828754 North East Region Punggol

HDB upgraders FTW!

pineapple
14-02-12, 16:49
Again, i'm not sure if i'm right but i've heard of cases where caveats are lodged before bulk discount. i.e. 15-18% + 3 + 2. That was also the reason why many returned the option cause bank loan is on nett price.

The caveat should be showing the Nett Purchase price.. typically after the 15-18% discount..

Cheque reimbursements (i.e. BSD and FV and any referral rebates) will not be reflected there..

price
14-02-12, 17:11
ah..so an extra 2-3 yrs of savings from being out there in the workforce earlier. I'm 30 and like yourself, emptied all my cpf and savings on a pc but not WT. I guess, since the TOP is only 2017, you'll have time to accumulate your cpf and savings again :)

As long as one doesn't drink, smoke ,gamble (lousily) or paying for a car, you'll be able to save quite a bit here in Singapore.

care to share which project is that you've vested in? :)

minority
14-02-12, 17:47
Mine is a high floor , not west facing, block in between but the blocks are angled away with partial view of the waterway. Not the dark blocks. $1030 psf:D

good for u. one of the few better position in the lot i guess.

minority
14-02-12, 21:23

Too bad FEO not listed. I am sure they will fair very well in terms of margin.

DaytonaSS
14-02-12, 22:56
Too bad FEO not listed. I am sure they will fair very well in terms of margin.

the very reason y dont need to be listed. answer to no one and pocket all the $$$$.

Worsty
14-02-12, 23:04
care to share which project is that you've vested in? :)

I got a 2 bedder at euhabitat for self stay

testtest
15-02-12, 06:53

Is the 1030psf before or after all the discount?

pineapple
15-02-12, 07:15
This was just posted yesterday.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8590770/for-sale-watertown-punggol

graveyard
15-02-12, 08:23

ohh i didnt buy WT la. i bought a MM that will TOP end this year or early next year (hopefully)! i prefer projects that will TOP earlier because of my current position (i am renting) so how i value property is a bit different from you who are staying with parents (i presume) and need not pay a rent. taking a project like WT which will TOP in 2017, i would value a unit costing 500k for eg as 550k based on a period of 5 years (current till top)of $1k per mth (my rent) of course roughly estimated.

would def prefer to pay my own mortgage rather than helping others to pat their mortgage

ya la.. drink smoke car cost a lot in SG, and being single too helps.. at least expenditure no need x2 and dont have to do silly stuff like paying $30 for a rose on valentine day :D :D

graveyard
15-02-12, 08:26
I got a 2 bedder at euhabitat for self stay

Nice project bro. kinda attracted to this (thanks to the superb tv ad - hehe) .. but this came after i signed the dotted line. so can only congrats its owner! just a couple of years more to top :)

graveyard
15-02-12, 08:29
This was just posted yesterday.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8590770/for-sale-watertown-punggol

Dont see this everyday
----------

Nearest MRT stations

Punggol MRT Station (0 km)

:D

iwantgizmos
15-02-12, 08:45
Dont see this everyday
----------

Nearest MRT stations

Punggol MRT Station (0 km)

unless he sleeps at the MRT station itself... :cheers5:

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 08:57
The caveat should be showing the Nett Purchase price.. typically after the 15-18% discount..

Cheque reimbursements (i.e. BSD and FV and any referral rebates) will not be reflected there..

This is what I can find in the faq:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/resources/misc/PMIFaq.jsp (http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/resources/misc/PMIFaq.jsp)

Q: Does the price shown on URA Online include promotion and discounts offered by developers?
A: The transacted price shown is based on the price declared by the purchaser when he/she lodged the caveat.

So I guess the purchaser have to declare the price nett of discounts.

graveyard
15-02-12, 09:24
This is what I can find in the faq:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/resources/misc/PMIFaq.jsp (http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/resources/misc/PMIFaq.jsp)

Q: Does the price shown on URA Online include promotion and discounts offered by developers?
A: The transacted price shown is based on the price declared by the purchaser when he/she lodged the caveat.

So I guess the purchaser have to declare the price nett of discounts.

true, ive checked the caveat for my project - the price is indeed net of discounts

graveyard
15-02-12, 09:25
unless he sleeps at the MRT station itself... :cheers5:

cardboard style ! :)

Worsty
15-02-12, 09:38
Nice project bro. kinda attracted to this (thanks to the superb tv ad - hehe) .. but this came after i signed the dotted line. so can only congrats its owner! just a couple of years more to top :)

Thanks. I signed on the dot before the tv ad came along. Better also, otherwise i would have paid another 50-150 psf more at least?

Yup, for your case, it's better to get a unit that will TOP soon since rental plays a big part. Staying with parents still but my parental tax doesn't come cheap too. Haha.

I believe Watertown will be a nice and grand project but it's a little over my budget considering the location (Punggol is a little too far away from my friends and usual hangouts for my liking)

My flowers cost more than $30 leh. Carrot when it comes to flowers. Hopefully not carrot in property purchases.

Xan
15-02-12, 10:12
true, ive checked the caveat for my project - the price is indeed net of discounts
Cannot be. The caveat px Should exclude the FV and stamp duty discount. Take an example of the 527sqft unit at 601k, after FV and SD discount should cost abt 570k. I'm not sure we mean the same thing?

price
15-02-12, 10:15
Cannot be. The caveat px Should exclude the FV and stamp duty discount. Take an example of the 527sqft unit at 601k, after FV and SD discount should cost abt 570k. I'm not sure we mean the same thing?
Yup,

I think caveats are lodged after initial discounts given. However for discounts and reimbursements that will be given upon exercising of option or upon T.O.P, these shouldn't reflect on the caveat price.

Xan
15-02-12, 10:18
Yup,

I think caveats are lodged after initial discounts given. However for discounts and reimbursements that will be given upon exercising of option or upon T.O.P, these shouldn't reflect on the caveat price.
Yes that's what I think as well. ESP FV is something we get during TOP, it doesn't make sense to reflect the px nett of all discount. What is someone sells before top then like that not accurate already as he/she will be void of getting the FV

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 10:26
Yes that's what I think as well. ESP FV is something we get during TOP, it doesn't make sense to reflect the px nett of all discount. What is someone sells before top then like that not accurate already as he/she will be void of getting the FV

So i think we should just apply a 5% discount (3% stamp + 2% FV) to the caveats lodged for WT to get a sense of the "actual" price.

testtest
15-02-12, 10:28
Yup,

I understand your point but how about bank loans. It should be based on caveat value which means one can borrow more if it is before sd and fv. Just curious.

Xan
15-02-12, 10:31
So i think we should just apply a 5% discount (3% stamp + 2% FV) to the caveats lodged for WT to get a sense of the "actual" price.
U cannot simply add 3+2%=5%. Because u got to apply 3% of the sales price first then after which 2% of the price (after SD discount) like that more accurate though the figure is pretty near for lower quantum. But for larger quantum, if using your method, it is not so accurate.

price
15-02-12, 10:33
I understand your point but how about bank loans. It should be based on caveat value which means one can borrow more if it is before sd and fv. Just curious.

Bank loans are based on the nett purchase price. For example:

Purchase price = $1mil

3% cash reimbursement upon signing SNP = $30k

2% Furniture voucher upon TOP = $20k

Bank loan 80% of nett price = 760k.

Cash upfront = $240k + SD based on 1mil (24.6k) = $264.6k.

Someone who purchase the same without any discount would be able to loan $800k and cash upfront will be 200k+ same amount of SD i.e. 24.6k

pineapple
15-02-12, 10:33

Bank loan is not based on the caveat value..
It is based on net off of all the cash discounts - i.e. BSD + FV
All cashback need to be declared to the banker.

Xan
15-02-12, 10:37

U are absolutely right. :p

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 10:38
U cannot simply add 3+2%=5%. Because u got to apply 3% of the sales price first then after which 2% of the price (after SD discount) like that more accurate though the figure is pretty near for lower quantum. But for larger quantum, if using your method, it is not so accurate.

Ok, so you apply a discount of 3% (sd) + 1.94% (fv) = 4.94% to the caveats, which is a difference of $600 (0.06%) for every $1m... negligible in my opinion, unless we are in the forum of sentosa cove.

Just curious, if this is the method used in your WT purchase? My ATT no discount at all.

price
15-02-12, 10:39
I have heard of cases where buyers didnt do up proper calculation and fail to exercise their option just because they cant fork out the extra 40k or so due to the discount they will be receiving in future.

pineapple
15-02-12, 10:43
I have heard of cases where buyers didnt do up proper calculation and fail to exercise their option just because they cant fork out the extra 40k or so due to the discount they will be receiving in future.

Yes.. that is right..

heard from agent a couple of 1BR and 2BR units of Bedok Residences were released.. coz buyers didnt manage to exercise the options due to financing..

Wonder if that happens to any WT buyer..

testtest
15-02-12, 10:44

Purchase price = $1mil

Someone who purchase the same without any discount would be able to loan $800k and cash upfront will be 200k+ same amount of SD i.e. 24.6k

Ok, thanks for the detailed explanation. I have not brought with discount before. I think the impact will be a higher upfront cash when there are discounts. Maybe big amount to some people.

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 10:50

Purchase price = $1mil

Clear explanation/example given. Thumbs up.

Xan
15-02-12, 10:50
Ok, so you apply a discount of 3% (sd) + 1.94% (fv) = 4.94% to the caveats, which is a difference of $600 (0.06%) for every $1m... negligible in my opinion, unless we are in the forum of sentosa cove.

Just curious, if this is the method used in your WT purchase? My ATT no discount at all.
For a 601k 527sqft. If using your method vs my method, the diff is very insignificant, $400 plus diff only. Of coz if quantum bigger, the diff is bigger. This method was used in WT purchase. So when u buy, u gotta be very familiar with all sorts of discount and bank loan stuff.

Molotov
15-02-12, 10:51
My banker disclosed that a good number of buyers were caught off guard with the lower loan value. But they settled it promptly by off loading shares and endowment insurance plans..

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 10:55
For a 601k 527sqft. If using your method vs my method, the diff is very insignificant, $400 plus diff only. Of coz if quantum bigger, the diff is bigger. This method was used in WT purchase. So when u buy, u gotta be very familiar with all sorts of discount.

Thanks. I had thought the sd and fv rebates are simply 3%+2% based on what my friends were telling me when they visited the other new launches.

graveyard
15-02-12, 10:55
Thanks. I signed on the dot before the tv ad came along. Better also, otherwise i would have paid another 50-150 psf more at least?

Yup, for your case, it's better to get a unit that will TOP soon since rental plays a big part. Staying with parents still but my parental tax doesn't come cheap too. Haha.

I believe Watertown will be a nice and grand project but it's a little over my budget considering the location (Punggol is a little too far away from my friends and usual hangouts for my liking)

My flowers cost more than $30 leh. Carrot when it com

yes to flowers. Hopefully not carrot in property purchases.

yess. so u got urself a good deal!

aha. parental tax? is it tax deductible?? ask ur parents to issue u receipts for every tax pymt as supporting documents :D

yes i am optimistic of WT too. see more pros than cons so the owners should be pretty happy now that the project is almost sold out which shows theres really something abt the project that the public demands

i meant $30 for a stalk of rose. maybe your bonquet comes with carrots in it, so more exp. but hey ..think of it from another perspective .. think of the ROI ..these little expenses here and there would earn you a venture capitalist in the end with an steady annuity to help finance your lovely condo :D :D

kane
15-02-12, 10:56

are those discounts upfront or at TOP?

graveyard
15-02-12, 10:58

i meant the initial discount when u get it direct from developer. I was given 8% but my project no other discounts and no FV etc :mad: so i cant comemnt on this part. what i saw on the ura site is the price net initial disocunt

Worsty
15-02-12, 11:00

Same for CPF usage. It takes into account the net off the discounts and you'll be expected to top up the cash component before you're allow to use the CPF.

Bell
15-02-12, 11:17
Bank and CPF Board would take into account the LOWER of the valuation price of the property or purchase price of the property.

Xan
15-02-12, 11:53
i meant the initial discount when u get it direct from developer. I was given 8% but my project no other discounts and no FV etc :mad: so i cant comemnt on this part. what i saw on the ura site is the price net initial disocunt

Ic, your discount is more simple than the FEO's one.
For your case, your caveat price lodge should be after the 8% discount.

But for my case when I buy WT, the price lodge in caveat is after 18% discount (10% + 5% +2% from HDB address +1%vincinity discount).
Which mean, after the 18% discount, the sales price for my unit is $600k
600K is the price that I will see in the caveat.

Then, there are further discount like 3% stamp duty Absorption and 2% furniture voucher etc. The net price I pay is ard 570K.
But 570K is not the caveat price. It is the net net purchase price.

When bank loan me 60%, they loan me based on after all the net net discount. (18% +3% SD absorption +2% FV).

This means that bank loan me based on 60% of 570K and not 60% of 600k. That is why alot of people got confused and thought bank will loan you more. So in simple context, more cash upfront.

I agree FEO chub alot of pattern in their discount, it is quite confusing sometimes and some people might miscalculate and ended up with some cash payment issue like bro pineapple had mentioned.

graveyard
15-02-12, 12:04

But for my case when I buy WT, the price lodge in caveat is after 18% discount (10% + 5% +2% from HDB address +1%vincinity discount).

Then, there are further discount like 3% stamp duty Absorption and 2% furniture voucher etc. The net price I pay is ard 570K.

When bank loan me 60%, they loan me based on after all the net net discount. (18% +3% SD absorption +2% FV).

This means that bank loan me based on 60% of 570K and not 60% of 600k. That is why alot of people got confused and thought bank will loan you more. So in simple context, more cash upfront.

I agree FEO chub alot of pattern in their discount, it is quite confusing sometimes and some people might miscalculate and ended up with some cash payment issue like bro pineapple had mentioned.

ohhh ic. something new to me. u paid 570k for a unit right next to MRT and labeled carrot. then i must be a big over ripe jackfruit then!!

kane
15-02-12, 12:11
I think the onus should be on the sales staff to explain all these clearly.

Xan
15-02-12, 12:16
ohhh ic. something new to me. u paid 570k for a unit right next to MRT and labeled carrot. then i must be a big over ripe jackfruit then!!

Its ok, used to it liao.
Anyway, I always thought u vested in ATT and probably one thing I agree with others is ATT is a good buy compared to those large quantum units in WT.
I was following very closely when ATT launch, very interested to buy one in ATT but wifey dont like matilda house. She scare got ghost.

kane
15-02-12, 12:18
Maybe the "yang qi" with all the new condos coming up will balance up?

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 12:54
Its ok, used to it liao.
Anyway, I always thought u vested in ATT and probably one thing I agree with others is ATT is a good buy compared to those large quantum units in WT.
I was following very closely when ATT launch, very interested to buy one in ATT but wifey dont like matilda house. She scare got ghost.

U make me feel good in your first sentence... then make me feel bad with the second sentence... just kidding.

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 12:57

Sorry i am new in this forum and you may have said here before. How many bedder did you buy in WT and the floor size?

propertychap
15-02-12, 12:59
I am puzzled why buying is still so strong with 60% loan and so much cooling measures??

iwantgizmos
15-02-12, 13:07
I am puzzled why buying is still so strong with 60% loan and so much cooling measures??
hi propertychap, what ppty do you own?

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 13:08

There are many people who make big profits in stocks during the bull run starting from Q2 2009. Easily more than 100% for many counters. Cash out and put it into ppty.

minority
15-02-12, 14:17

All depends wat u look at. quantum or size. If I pay 300K for a HDB beside a MRT then also good deal. or 200K for a store room beside MRT can consider good deal?

so sometime depends on the classification of a good deal. If the focus is just pure quantum.

Those that paid 1.4M would be classified as rawer deal? coz 1350psf for bigger units?

Mohankrish
15-02-12, 14:52
All depends wat u look at. quantum or size. If I pay 300K for a HDB beside a MRT then also good deal. or 200K for a store room beside MRT can consider good deal?

so sometime depends on the classification of a good deal. If the focus is just pure quantum.

Those that paid 1.4M would be classified as rawer deal? coz 1350psf for bigger units?

Can't help but to agree with you!

pineapple
15-02-12, 15:37
Its ok, used to it liao.

i used to frequent that place for photography . starting to miss the place as its all forted up. Hope some ATT owners can invite me to their club house in future.

The abandon house is perfect backdrop for ghost stories.. but there is nothing ghostly about it actually.

Has quite an interesting history http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/

Xan
15-02-12, 15:49
Sorry i am new in this forum and you may have said here before. How many bedder did you buy in WT and the floor size?

Vested in 527sqft 1plus1.
U vested in WT? What size? Or other projects? Sorry I didn't follow your post closely as well. :)

Xan
15-02-12, 15:51
i used to frequent that place for photography . starting to miss the place as its all forted up. Hope some ATT owners can invite me to their club house in future.

The abandon house is perfect backdrop for ghost stories.. but there is nothing ghostly about it actually.

Has quite an interesting history http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/

Same sentiments abt the house. I feel it's more of nostalgic rather than eerie.
I wld be very interested to see the house once ATT top. But I'm certain wifey don't dare to go in with me.

Worsty
15-02-12, 15:56
yess. so u got urself a good deal!

aha. parental tax? is it tax deductible?? ask ur parents to issue u receipts for every tax pymt as supporting documents :D

yes i am optimistic of WT too. see more pros than cons so the owners should be pretty happy now that the project is almost sold out which shows theres really something abt the project that the public demands

i meant $30 for a stalk of rose. maybe your bonquet comes with carrots in it, so more exp. but hey ..think of it from another perspective .. think of the ROI ..these little expenses here and there would earn you a venture capitalist in the end with an steady annuity to help finance your lovely condo :D :D

Or sway sway kapo half the ownership if things go pear shaped. Haha.

But TOP 2017 is a really long time. Would the capital appreciation outweight getting an existing unit with tenancy in place? Of course getting a new unit here in WT would mean a lower upfront.

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 16:00
Whole DTL will be operational by then. More competition for rental in Singapore with a condo jungle from Bukit timah, Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Panjang. Which is faster by train. From Punggoll or Bukit Panjang to town?
Or sway sway kapo half the ownership if things go pear shaped. Haha.

But TOP 2017 is a really long time. Would the capital appreciation outweight getting an existing unit with tenancy in place? Of course getting a new unit here in WT would mean a lower upfront.

Worsty
15-02-12, 16:00

Yup. Didn't know of this since it was my very first home purchase and had to come up with almost 50k more in cash. Shack sia. Money don't drop from the sky for me. Almost need to sell backside...hahaha

Worsty
15-02-12, 16:06
Whole DTL will be operational by then. More competition for rental in Singapore with a condo jungle from Bukit timah, Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Panjang. Which is faster by train. From Punggoll or Bukit Panjang to town?

Bukit Timah and Upper Bukit Timah will have different price range (assuming, i could be wrong) from bukit Panjang and Punggol right so can't really compare.

Atm Punggol to town (Raffles place, maybe not Orchard road) is faster via both MRT and driving. We'll have to see how smooth the ride on the DTL is.

Xan
15-02-12, 16:13
Yup. Didn't know of this since it was my very first home purchase and had to come up with almost 50k more in cash. Shack sia. Money don't drop from the sky for me. Almost need to sell backside...hahaha

I sense u are doing fine, no need sell backside lah. Lol
I saw in earlier post u say u bought 2 bedder eu.
How much u pay/size? Is eu your 2nd prop?

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 16:17
Bukit Panjang seems nearer on the map with almost similar no. of stations to let say Little India
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/MRT20SysMp.jpg

Bukit Timah and Upper Bukit Timah will have different price range (assuming, i could be wrong) from bukit Panjang and Punggol right so can't really compare.

Atm Punggol to town (Raffles place, maybe not Orchard road) is faster via both MRT and driving. We'll have to see how smooth the ride on the DTL is.

chanel
15-02-12, 16:19
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20120215-328116.html

Singapore private home sales rebound, hit 14-mth high

SINGAPORE - The number of private homes sold in Singapore soared to a 14-month high in January, indicating housing demand remained buoyant and that the government may have to introduce more measures to cool the market.

Private home sales in January, including executive condominiums more than tripled to 2,077 units, compared to 670 units sold in December, data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority showed on Wednesday.
This was despite new measures introduced in December that included a requirement that foreigners who are not permanent residents pay an additional stamp duty equal to 10 per cent of the property value.

Excluding executive condominiums, a category of apartments reserved primarily for Singaporeans, 1,872 homes were sold in January - the highest since November 2010 and up from 632 in December.

"Evidently the ABSD (additional buyer's stamp duty) in December were ineffective in reining in demand for mass market properties. Hence, more cooling measures may be introduced," Royal Bank of Scotland said in a report.

The sharp rebound in home sales in January was mainly due to several large mass market developments that attracted buyers, analysts said.

The best-selling project, the Watertown in northeastern Singapore, sold 770 units. Watertown's developer is a joint venture that includes Far East Organisation and Frasers Centrepoint, the property arm of conglomerate Fraser and Neave Ltd.

"Analysis of January's sales data highlights the existing residual demand, especially for mass market projects, as Singaporean buyers continue to purchase new homes as they are launched," said Chua Yang Liang, head of research for Southeast Asia at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Xan
15-02-12, 16:27
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20120215-328116.html

SINGAPORE - The number of private homes sold in Singapore soared to a 14-month high in January, indicating housing demand remained buoyant and that the government may have to introduce more measures to cool the market.

Private home sales in January, including executive condominiums more than tripled to 2,077 units, compared to 670 units sold in December, data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority showed on Wednesday.
This was despite new measures introduced in December that included a requirement that foreigners who are not permanent residents pay an additional stamp duty equal to 10 per cent of the property value.

Excluding executive condominiums, a category of apartments reserved primarily for Singaporeans, 1,872 homes were sold in January - the highest since November 2010 and up from 632 in December.

"Evidently the ABSD (additional buyer's stamp duty) in December were ineffective in reining in demand for mass market properties. Hence, more cooling measures may be introduced," Royal Bank of Scotland said in a report.

The sharp rebound in home sales in January was mainly due to several large mass market developments that attracted buyers, analysts said.

The best-selling project, the Watertown in northeastern Singapore, sold 770 units. Watertown's developer is a joint venture that includes Far East Organisation and Frasers Centrepoint, the property arm of conglomerate Fraser and Neave Ltd.

"Analysis of January's sales data highlights the existing residual demand, especially for mass market projects, as Singaporean buyers continue to purchase new homes as they are launched," said Chua Yang Liang, head of research for Southeast Asia at Jones Lang LaSalle.

The rebound is due to recent launch of PC at gd location with amenities.
Other projects like river sound, boathouse, nautical are pretty quiet. The only thing I can't understand is Parc rosewood. Just because it is slightly cheaper?
1 bedder at 1kpfs seems to be a popular buy, but isn't it very close to WT 1 bedder px in terms of psf?

graveyard
15-02-12, 16:33
The rebound is due to recent launch of PC at gd location with amenities.
Other projects like river sound, boathouse, nautical are pretty quiet. The only thing I can't understand is Parc rosewood. Just because it is slightly cheaper?
1 bedder at 1kpfs seems to be a popular buy, but isn't it very close to WT 1 bedder px in terms of psf?

maybe its because parc rosewood's TOP is 3 years ahead of WT's - those looking for investment unit will favor parc rosewood - 3 yrs worth of rent is quite a sum, esp when compounded .. everyone wants cold hard cash fast!! :D

Xan
15-02-12, 16:41
maybe its because parc rosewood's TOP is 3 years ahead of WT's - those looking for investment unit will favor parc rosewood - 3 yrs worth of rent is quite a sum, esp when compounded .. everyone wants cold hard cash fast!! :D

To be exact, WT most likely top 2016 and 4yr SSD ended nicely.
Parc rosewood top 1 yr earlier but still subject to 4 yr SSD.
Unlikely the Parc rosewood buyers will go for capital gain once top.
Parc rosewood can rent out one year earlier though. But might not be easy due to its location and lack amenities there.

graveyard
15-02-12, 16:42

hmm the art of property :cool: outside central, i tot 1350psf sounds better for MM?

Xan
15-02-12, 16:45
hmm the art of property :cool: outside central, i tot 1350psf sounds better for MM?

That is why I mentioned FEO pricing for WT very weird this time. It is the reverse. All other places like Greenwich, bliss at Kovan, hillier, bedok all 1 bedder priced at least 1350psf or onwards.

graveyard
15-02-12, 16:52
Parc rosewood can rent out one year earlier though. But might not be easy due to its location and lack amenities there.

i think the TOP on paper are almost always later than actual TOP and that applies across all. if say WT will actually TOP 2016, then it is safe to assume rosewood will also TOP 1 yr earlier than on paper which is 2013 .. morever, rosewood has 700 units while WT has 1000? on the lassumption taht building speed is a function of number of units. so the gap is still roughly 3yrs

yes, rosewood is pretty far from wdl mrt (1km) and away from the business hub (maybe not science park) ...i think not easy to rent out and also rent is not high in wdl

graveyard
15-02-12, 16:54
That is why I mentioned FEO pricing for WT very weird this time. It is the reverse. All other places like Greenwich, bliss at Kovan, hillier, bedok all 1 bedder priced at least 1350psf or onwards.

theyh must have underestimated the potential of punggol:scared-4:

Worsty
15-02-12, 16:55
I sense u are doing fine, no need sell backside lah. Lol
I saw in earlier post u say u bought 2 bedder eu.
How much u pay/size? Is eu your 2nd prop?

I paid 875k (after factoring furniture voucher) for a 1012 sq ft unit (inclusive of patio). Eu's my first purchase for self stay. Saving money for my next one at the moment. May decide to get rid of this unit and to get a resale elsewhere if capital appreciation is decent since the only reason why i got eu and not a resale right now was that my vit M is limited.

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 16:58
What is the internal floor area for this unit?
I paid 875k (after factoring furniture voucher) for a 1012 sq ft unit (inclusive of patio). Eu's my first purchase for self stay. Saving money for my next one at the moment. May decide to get rid of this unit and to get a resale elsewhere if capital appreciation is decent since the only reason why i got eu and not a resale right now was that my vit M is limited.

graveyard
15-02-12, 16:59

gosh. 700k in debts (assuming 20% paid up) and already planning to buy 2nd unit?? :scared-5: ur vit M is not so limited after all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: U ARE TOO HUMBLE

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 17:00
Probably in the top 15% annual household income category.
gosh. 700k in debts (assuming 20% paid up) and already planning to buy 2nd unit?? :scared-5: ur vit M is not so limited after all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: U ARE TOO HUMBLE

fclim
15-02-12, 17:01

Wait suay suay kena Capital Gains Tax...But quite safe lah.. 2016 is GE year.

graveyard
15-02-12, 17:02
Probably in the top 15% annual household income category.

the president and PAP salary is a function of his salary :D :D

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 17:03
KBW may be following this site.:cool:

graveyard
15-02-12, 17:04

he must have "liked" this site and then all the msgs we have posted appear in his "notification"

fclim
15-02-12, 17:08

Ya boy. First, tekan foreigners with ABSD. Now, got excuse to tekan citizen oredi becos of super high sales in Jan. Then, they say, fair wat.

CM6 coming.....

Worsty
15-02-12, 17:10
Bukit Panjang seems nearer on the map with almost similar no. of stations to let say Little India

A better comparison would be to Orchard (won't use dhoby ghaut since abit unfair) or Raffles Place since realistically speaking, who goes to little india that often (mustafa , or race course road to eat, that's bout it). If so, Punggol is more convenience?

I used to date girls based in Hillview and Bukit Panjang. It's really far away (20mins at 140km/h). Not saying Punggol (20mins at 90km/h) isn't but it's nearer when i'm in Bedok South right now.

Hillview area, more trees, nature type. Punggol, more open air, newer buildings, developments in the area?

price
15-02-12, 17:12
Xan were there cheaper 1 bedders compared to the one you've purchased on VVIP day?

Xan
15-02-12, 17:14

Hehe I also scare. Anything can happen.

Worsty
15-02-12, 17:15
What is the internal floor area for this unit?

approx 930+ sq ft i believe. I purposely got the patio unit as i prefer the higher ceiling and i actually will make use of the space though most would prefer otherwise

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 17:16
A difference of 1 stop to dohby guat. Not sure which is faster as i stay near CBD.
A better comparison would be to Orchard (won't use dhoby ghaut since abit unfair) or Raffles Place since realistically speaking, who goes to little india that often (mustafa , or race course road to eat, that's bout it). If so, Punggol is more convenience?
I used to date girls based in Hillview and Bukit Panjang. It's really far away (20mins at 140km/h). Not saying Punggol (20mins at 90km/h) isn't but it's nearer when i'm in Bedok South right now.

Hillview area, more trees, nature type. Punggol, more open air, newer buildings, developments in the area?

DC33_2008
15-02-12, 17:18
Not bad with patio only 70 sqft. High ceiling makes a difference.
approx 930+ sq ft i believe. I purposely got the patio unit as i prefer the higher ceiling and i actually will make use of the space though most would prefer otherwise

Xan
Xan were there cheaper 1 bedders compared to the one you've purchased on VVIP day?
Yes, tower 5 1 bedder is cheaper as they r launched during preview. I never buy in preview but buy during CNY.
After reunion dinner, got nothing to do, go see show flat, and end up buying.
But I guess the px for 1 bedder during preview and after preview didn't differ too much as I still bought at 500k plus.

teddybear
This is a joke! Instead of focusing on the new launch sales, they should also add the resale transactions. Why they didn't report that resale transactions crashed in Jan 2012? :scared-1:
Look at the non-landed resale private property number of transactions below:
Nov 2011 = 1928
Dec 2011 = 1796 (a drop of 132 transactions)(cooling measure ABSD implemented in this month)
Jan 2012 = 391 !!! (a drop of 1405 transactions!)

They scared people know that all the CMs are only effective in cooling the resale private property market and either this is intentional or unintentional but they like it this way as they can sell more land (hence no other actions to cool new launch and always only target resale market only)? :banghead:

New launch sales keep increasing, resale transactions keep dropping! :doh:
All the CMs do seem to lure people to buy new launch rather than resale! :scared-5:

fclim
15-02-12, 17:19

I thot date girls far far away better? Got more time together on journey home? Find excuse to stay over at her place? No? hehe.

Worsty
15-02-12, 17:22

My vit M is limited compared to a lot of my peers. I'm just very frugal in my spendings. No smokes, no drinks, no expensive hobbies like snowboarding, zhng-ing of cars or KTV etc.

It's not really how much you earn but how much you save. Especially when my gf is not in Singapore. You expenses really cut down by alot.

graveyard
15-02-12, 17:30
My vit M is limited compared to a lot of my peers. I'm just very frugal in my spendings. No smokes, no drinks, no expensive hobbies like snowboarding, zhng-ing of cars or KTV etc.

It's not really how much you earn but how much you save. Especially when my gf is not in Singapore. You expenses really cut down by alot.

Awesome. always good to start investing earlier - time is :2cents: :2cents:

snowboarding in SG?

price
15-02-12, 17:34
:cheers4::cheers4: :cheers4:

Worsty
15-02-12, 17:38
I thot date girls far far away better? Got more time together on journey home? Find excuse to stay over at her place? No? hehe.

It was fun back in 2005-2006 when the roads are alot emptier. 10pm can whack 140km/h liao. (on way home, not with her in the car :tsk-tsk:) Like playing video game. These days need to wait till 1-2am to get the same emptiness although not as interested in speeding these days. Older and treasure life more...:D

Ilikeu
15-02-12, 20:22
Vested in 527sqft 1plus1.
U vested in WT? What size? Or other projects? Sorry I didn't follow your post closely as well. :)

ATT 3 bedder 1044sqft...

ysyap
15-02-12, 20:51
It's not really how much you earn but how much you save.Agreed... its about delayed gratification. You enjoy now and suffer later or suffer now and enjoy later... I look at others drive BMW 730 and am tempted to throw my savings to get one also.. worse when today one BMW 730 cut me big time and my car cannot chase his... :hell-hath-no-fury: But I must remind myself that once I achieve my target in investment then I'll start enjoying...

Then again some people argue that you'll never know when you'll say bye bye so better to enjoy first... depends on which school of thought you adopt... :rolleyes:

ysyap
15-02-12, 20:52
It was fun back in 2005-2006 when the roads are alot emptier. 10pm can whack 140km/h liao. (on way home, not with her in the car :tsk-tsk:) Like playing video game. These days need to wait till 1-2am to get the same emptiness although not as interested in speeding these days. Older and treasure life more...:DWah... 140km/h on Singapore road? I only do that in Malaysia... :)

kane
15-02-12, 21:02
Agreed... its about delayed gratification. You enjoy now and suffer later or suffer now and enjoy later... I look at others drive BMW 730 and am tempted to throw my savings to get one also.. worse when today one BMW 730 cut me big time and my car cannot chase his... :hell-hath-no-fury: But I must remind myself that once I achieve my target in investment then I'll start enjoying...

Then again some people argue that you'll never know when you'll say bye bye so better to enjoy first... depends on which school of thought you adopt... :rolleyes:

get a 530 lah, then you can chase his 730.

Worsty
16-02-12, 11:12

snowboarding in SG?

In Japan, China, Australia, etc. One of the most enjoyable hobbies along with tech diving but it's just too expensive to pursue frequently. Not a trust fund baby compared to some of my friends afterall. Can't win them all la.

Worsty
16-02-12, 11:19
Wah... 140km/h on Singapore road? I only do that in Malaysia... :)

That's the most i dare to go in Singapore when the roads are emptier and when i was driving a DC-5. In Malaysia i hit 200km/h on the Karak Highway before. Good times. Although the car did a 360 once before stopping in the gravel when it lost control during one of those overtaking in the 1 lane each way (only 100km/h then otherwise i wouldn't be typing this :tsk-tsk:). Super heng it spun and hit absolutely nothing. Definitely not as reckless as last time.

ysyap
16-02-12, 11:36
get a 530 lah, then you can chase his 730.530 also v exp... me driving jap car only... one 530 = 2 jap cars (including MPV). No wonder cannot catch his 730 but hey this is Singapore... 100m down is another traffic junction. Managed to squeeze up beside and see the driver... :D

ysyap
16-02-12, 11:38
That's the most i dare to go in Singapore when the roads are emptier and when i was driving a DC-5. In Malaysia i hit 200km/h on the Karak Highway before. Good times. Although the car did a 360 once before stopping in the gravel when it lost control during one of those overtaking in the 1 lane each way (only 100km/h then otherwise i wouldn't be typing this :tsk-tsk:). Super heng it spun and hit absolutely nothing. Definitely not as reckless as last time.My MPV started to levitate when I hit 155 km/h. No more control plus my family members were all on board so had to slow down quickly... :scared-3:

kane
16-02-12, 11:53
My MPV started to levitate when I hit 155 km/h. No more control plus my family members were all on board so had to slow down quickly... :scared-3:

don't mind me asking, which MPV is this? Wish? I'm trying to understand the limitations because of the higher CG on MPVs.

testtest
16-02-12, 12:38
amazing....WT condo forum becomes cars forum!!!

ysyap
16-02-12, 12:44
don't mind me asking, which MPV is this? Wish? I'm trying to understand the limitations because of the higher CG on MPVs.Toyota Isis (parallel import). Its heavier than wish but using same engine so it should be more stable at higher speed... Wish might not hit 155 km/h without full passenger load.

ysyap
16-02-12, 12:46
amazing....WT condo forum becomes cars forum!!!Sorry... WT achieving 100% status soon. :cheers1:Will Feb be the month to sell off final unit? :D

Ilikeu
16-02-12, 13:09
Sorry... WT achieving 100% status soon. :cheers1:Will Feb be the month to sell off final unit? :D

Looks like WT will sell out 100% before ATT.

ysyap
16-02-12, 13:22
Looks like WT will sell out 100% before ATT.I believe so... Its FEO appeal vs mysterious clubhouse.. ;)

graveyard
16-02-12, 14:12
I believe so... Its FEO appeal vs mysterious clubhouse.. ;)

if there's something strange ...in ATT .. who you'll call? :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

chiaberry
16-02-12, 20:06
if there's something strange ...in ATT .. who you'll call? :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

GHOSTBUSTERS of course. :luke-and-darth:

Tripp
16-02-12, 21:40
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 890 units sold!"

890 out of 992 available units = 89.7% sold (or 102 units left)

Compared to A Treasure Trove (launched Sep 11), based on URA caveats (Jan 12):

799 out of 882 available units = 90.6% sold (or 83 units left)

azeoprop
16-02-12, 22:02
Wow! Punggol is really HOT. :scared-4:

ysyap
16-02-12, 22:05
The next big thing...

graveyard
16-02-12, 22:07
GHOSTBUSTERS of course. :luke-and-darth:

hmm really? wads dat ..not my generation :sleep: :sleep:

flagship74
16-02-12, 22:07
Oversold:doh:

graveyard
16-02-12, 22:08

Owners of both, pop the champagne!!! :cheers1: :spliff:

kane
16-02-12, 23:07
Great time for wee hur to launch theirs.

ysyap
17-02-12, 05:50
hmm really? wads dat ..not my generation :sleep: :sleep:The fact that you've mentioned 'not my generation' means its your generation... its 1984 production and the 2nd one think its 1989 but channel 5 showed it last year so even a 5 year old would have seen it... Lol!

ysyap
17-02-12, 05:52
Great time for wee hur to launch theirs.They are rushing to get things sorted out to quickly catch the crowd... :o later govt chu pattern then they'll miss the boat... :p this week Bartley R will be launched!

kane
17-02-12, 07:47
All trying to launch first in case cm6 gets announced.

testtest
17-02-12, 09:00
Owners of both, pop the champagne!!! :cheers1: :spliff:

interesting that you would celebrate and ignore the high price....typical herd instinct - safety in numbers

Ilikeu
17-02-12, 09:14
All trying to launch first in case cm6 gets announced.

What's everyone's guess on the measures in cm6? or we shouldn't even discuss here in case kbw got "eyes" in this forum?

My guess is capital gain tax.

Hillier
17-02-12, 09:29

Bro, I could see many people including myself who bought FEO project were told by the agents that bank will loan for the caveat price and we do not have to declare the discounts to the bank and subsequently caught off the guard with the bankers and lawyers that "not declaring the discounts" is a punishable offence which amounts to false declaration to the bank and the loan will get cancelled and MAS can take action. No one has a clear explanation of the consequences of declaring "NO discounts received" in bank's letter of offer. Just like to share my experience with my recent FEO Purchase.

amk
17-02-12, 09:35
more supplies coming in Punggol:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/C23DE39D8EEC5D15482579A500097A00?OpenDocument

you guys really are in the heat....

Ilikeu
17-02-12, 09:38
Bro, I could see many people including myself who bought FEO project were told by the agents that bank will loan for the caveat price and we do not have to declare the discounts to the bank and subsequently caught off the guard with the bankers and lawyers that "not declaring the discounts" is a punishable offence which amounts to false declaration to the bank and the loan will get cancelled and MAS can take action. No one has a clear explanation of the consequences of declaring "NO discounts received" in bank's letter of offer. Just like to share my experience with my recent FEO Purchase.

The agents are in the wrong to do so. If the discount is substantial, say all the discounts 20+% are now given on top and declaration not made, all the buyers will be able to get away with a higher LTV as a loophole from govt 40% LTV measure.

Hillier
17-02-12, 09:44

FEO buyers, before signing OTP do your maths correct, all discounts offered from the caveat price should come from your pocket first before the bank loan or CPF can be disbursed. Do not get misled by some agents who can say discounts will hep your cash flow if you take up 60% loan. However i should also say if you have no issues with cash component, then net psf after all discounts is really attractive for the recently launched FEO projects which is a real puller.

Ilikeu
17-02-12, 09:47

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/C23DE39D8EEC5D15482579A500097A00?OpenDocument

Interesting to note that the 3 land parcels (including the existing bus interchange) around the MRT are reserved for "high rise development" and the one beside Watertown will get another "high rise commercial and residential development" - same as Watertown.

hopeful
17-02-12, 10:10
Interesting to note that the 3 land parcels (including the existing bus interchange) around the MRT are reserved for "high rise development" and the one beside Watertown will get another "high rise commercial and residential development" - same as Watertown.

but no waterside living

hopeful
17-02-12, 10:25

did you complain the agents to CEA?

Hillier
17-02-12, 11:30
did you complain the agents to CEA?
Obviously the agents will push you to ink the deal asap and practically not enough time to get those statements verified. Especially in WT, day one of the launch was so chaotic and not enough time to choose your choice unit, even discounts needs to be negotiated, not sure how the agents will benefit from lowering the discounts offered. On the positive side, if they do not push you to take the unit in the shortest possible time, you will end up paying 50-100 psf higher on the next day or next tower released. So it's game on the day one and we should have the guts to play it decisively.!

Ilikeu
17-02-12, 11:34
Obviously the agents will push you to ink the deal asap and practically not enough time to get those statements verified. Especially in WT, day one of the launch was so chaotic and not enough time to choose your choice unit, even discounts needs to be negotiated, not sure how the agents will benefit from lowering the discounts offered. On the positive side, if they do not push you to take the unit in the shortest possible time, you will end up paying 50-100 psf higher on the next day or next tower released. So it's game on the day one and we should have the guts to play it decisively.!

Can share the room type/size/psf u bought in WT on day 1?

Hillier
17-02-12, 11:51
Can share the room type/size/psf u bought in WT on day 1?
I have got 2 bedder, mid-floor, LRT facing condo for 855k. Believe that other blogger Worsty got a better deal 875k for patio.

Montaigne
17-02-12, 13:35
Agree with u!
But...a lot had listen to so call "expert" view that market will crash & sell their HDB,EC,CONDO & rent to stay past 2yrs,this group getting more nowadays.
And they are very worry now as their 20-40% property crash never happened...

Example -
2010 - average 700psf
2011 - average 900psf
2012 - even 30% crash will just go back to700psf,opportunity cost too high,
the crash may not happened or crash so much too...Don't ever sell u HOME & rent to hope property CRASH!
Now can la, downside risk is super high. My friend trying to sell nuovo and then rent first.
See who wins.

Nman
17-02-12, 13:41
I want to get a unit there, potential place but psf super high, not worth it. prefer mature estate.

Worsty
17-02-12, 13:54
I have got 2 bedder, mid-floor, LRT facing condo for 855k. Believe that other blogger Worsty got a better deal 875k for patio.

My unit's not from WT but i would think both our deals are not bad compared to the later buyers.

ysyap
17-02-12, 13:57
Generally those who bought in 2008-2010 and even early 2011 should have witnessed price appreciation. Now its just seeing how much price correction, if any... :sleep:

phantom_opera
17-02-12, 14:00
hmm ... resale can get better deals?

CASA MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Apartment 1 1,118,000 1,249 Strata 895psf Feb-12

WATERFRONT KEY BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD Condominium 1 1,100,000 1,216 Strata 904psf Feb-12

Worsty
17-02-12, 14:04

CASA MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Apartment 1 1,118,000 1,249 Strata 895psf Feb-12

WATERFRONT KEY BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD Condominium 1 1,100,000 1,216 Strata 904psf Feb-12

Resale is better if you have the budget for a higher quantum.

amk
17-02-12, 14:07
in other words, those who do not buy resale lower psf but rather buy new higher psf is because they do not have the budget, i.e. cannot afford ?

btw how come no one says a thing seeing gov releases immediately 2 more plots in punggol ? shouldn't the stakeholders be concerned about the upcoming supply ?

kane
17-02-12, 14:10
in other words, those who do not buy resale lower psf but rather buy new higher psf is because they do not have the budget, i.e. cannot afford ?

btw how come no one says a thing seeing gov releases immediately 2 more plots in punggol ? shouldn't the stakeholders be concerned about the upcoming supply ?

there is a lot more grassland on the road to the marina club that still hasn't been released yet.

testtest
17-02-12, 14:22
there is a lot more grassland on the road to the marina club that still hasn't been released yet.

Other than the malls and waterway, there is nothing much there...except houses and more houses :doh:

kane
17-02-12, 14:26
Other than the malls and waterway, there is nothing much there...except houses and more houses :doh:

well in all honesty, that's the case with most estates isn't it? That's why when I want something different, I have to go across the causeway or take a plane/boat to a nearby resort.

even the malls in Singapore (orchard road or suburban) have more or less the same shops...

Worsty
17-02-12, 14:50

I cannot speak for all but i can only say from my own experiences. First, some background.

1)I'm years from becoming 35.
2)Not married
3)In the workforce for a few years only hence not much CPF and cash savings although i can manage the monthly mortgage.

That least me not being able to buy HDB either new or resale.

My budget's up to 1mil for a PC. If you look around for PCs that are 1000sqft and above and in D14/15/16 (areas i am interested in). I am somewhat limited in what is available unless i get very old units.

For new developments though, i can find units at 1k or more sq ft and less than a million in these districts.

If i can afford, i will definitely get a resale since it's cheaper psf-wise. This is on the standpoint of buying to stay. Buying smaller units for investments/rentals is another ball game altogether.

fclim
17-02-12, 15:03

They are ECs some more and quite near to MRT. More to come, across the waterway. Even if stakeholders are concerned, they won't admit it. Dunno gahmen released more land to ease prices or riding on WT's momentum to get the best land prices.

Probably both. Smart...

ikan bilis
17-02-12, 15:06
.....Buying smaller units for investments/rentals is another ball game altogether.

agree!!.. :cheers4:

amk
17-02-12, 15:16
Buying smaller units for investments/rentals is another ball game altogether.
but even buying for investment, it still doesn't change the fact that, there are cheaper (in psf terms) and better alternatives ? the key point is still, the quantum is beyond your reach right ? Had you gotten the additional x00k, would you still want to invest in something that will give u 0 yield for 4yrs, or something with immediate yield? Don't you feel FEO is capitalizing on this fact ?

Molotov
17-02-12, 16:14
U sound sour and STUPIG!
LOL.

Xan
17-02-12, 16:45

Why? U expect a casino or a grand canyon there?

Xan
17-02-12, 16:46
but even buying for investment, it still doesn't change the fact that, there are cheaper (in psf terms) and better alternatives ? the key point is still, the quantum is beyond your reach right ? Had you gotten the additional x00k, would you still want to invest in something that will give u 0 yield for 4yrs, or something with immediate yield? Don't you feel FEO is capitalizing on this fact ?

I believe he knows what he is doing rather than need others to advise him what to do. The so called better alternatives usually turns out to be sub standard alternatives.

pineapple
17-02-12, 18:01

Would be if WT are less than 50% sold and these 2 Plots are for PC dev beside mrt.

teddybear
17-02-12, 18:27
Even the newspapers are singing about how Jan 2012 new launch private property transactions hit records. But they didn't care to say resale private property transactions in Jan crashed to about 400+ from about 1800! :scared-3:

graveyard
17-02-12, 18:29

Love casa merah. Thg its really ex and units are small, the exterior is elegant with ponds :rolleyes:

testtest
17-02-12, 19:39
U sound sour and STUPIG!
LOL.

It's stupid, stupid...lol:doh:

testtest
17-02-12, 19:42
Why? U expect a casino or a grand canyon there?

Exactly!
Nothing there!

teddybear
17-02-12, 19:46
I want Hermes bags, are they available in Punggol or Sengkang malls? :p

well in all honesty, that's the case with most estates isn't it? That's why when I want something different, I have to go across the causeway or take a plane/boat to a nearby resort.

even the malls in Singapore (orchard road or suburban) have more or less the same shops...

testtest
17-02-12, 19:48
Even the newspapers are singing about how Jan 2012 new launch private property transactions hit records. But they didn't care to say resale private property transactions in Jan crashed to about 400+ from about 1800! :scared-3:

It's a quantum play now, package a 3 br under 1m with MRT and it's a sell out. People see what they want to see.

teddybear
17-02-12, 19:49
Very strange. You buy property never go look around? You go Sengkang The Quartz resale you can get 2 bedrooms at $1m and with some spare?

I cannot speak for all but i can only say from my own experiences. First, some background.

1)I'm years from becoming 35.
2)Not married
3)In the workforce for a few years only hence not much CPF and cash savings although i can manage the monthly mortgage.

That least me not being able to buy HDB either new or resale.

My budget's up to 1mil for a PC. If you look around for PCs that are 1000sqft and above and in D14/15/16 (areas i am interested in). I am somewhat limited in what is available unless i get very old units.

For new developments though, i can find units at 1k or more sq ft and less than a million in these districts.

If i can afford, i will definitely get a resale since it's cheaper psf-wise. This is on the standpoint of buying to stay. Buying smaller units for investments/rentals is another ball game altogether.

sh
17-02-12, 19:49
I want Hermes bags, are they available in Punggol or Sengkang malls? :p

Liat towers flood again... Hermes bag will be floating down the waterway to punggol....:D

teddybear
17-02-12, 19:54
I believe it is more than the quantum, though that is 1 of the biggest part of the consideration, such as don't have to come out with 40% payment immediately. I believe a large proportion are marginal buyers and speculators. They rather pay 30-40% more for a new one with smaller usable space than buy a resale one since the latter need to come out with 40% and take possession immediately while the former got time to accumulate the additional 20% due to progressive payments and can flip more easily when TOP (and no more 4-yrs SSD penalty)! And all the so-called discounts help! (People like to feel they got good "bargain", even if the price is first marked up 50% and then give them 30% discount! :doh:
The cooling measures also helped since they are targeted at cooling resale properties and CCR properties (since target foreigners 10% ABSD where they main play is in CCR) and help to drive sales to new launch properties! :beats-me-man:

teddybear
17-02-12, 19:56
Punggol people want to pick up from waterway? No hope! I will pick up first since I live in Orchard! :p

Liat towers flood again... Hermes bag will be floating down the waterway to punggol....:D

Douk
17-02-12, 20:01

Casa merah haven't cross 1000psf ?
Always having this question in mind, are those first hand optima owner making profit if they sell now? Understood optima launch price was high then..

Panerex77
17-02-12, 20:23

When u say the land next to Watertown, are u referring to the empty plot of land just next to the lrt station now?

forte
17-02-12, 20:24

Looks like while people are flocking to snap up the new launches at record high psf, resale market definitely looks like its softening. Definitely there are good resale deals out there and somemore it is a new condo not yet TOP......

DOUBLE BAY RESIDENCES SIMEI STREET 4 Condominium 1 1,053,175 1,561 Strata 675psf 12-Feb

pineapple
17-02-12, 20:31
When u say the land next to Watertown, are u referring to the empty plot of land just next to the lrt station now?
Yes it is.

ysyap
17-02-12, 20:32
Looks like while people are flocking to snap up the new launches at record high psf, resale market definitely looks like its softening. Definitely there are good resale deals out there and somemore it is a new condo not yet TOP......

DOUBLE BAY RESIDENCES SIMEI STREET 4 Condominium 1 1,053,175 1,561 Strata 675psf 12-Feb Is this a 1st floor unit?

pineapple
17-02-12, 20:34

DOUBLE BAY RESIDENCES SIMEI STREET 4 Condominium 1 1,053,175 1,561 Strata 675psf 12-Feb
Wow don't think manhattan is moving that fast?

Ilikeu
17-02-12, 20:42

Yup, on the map, it is to just beside and to right of Watertown now.

fclim
17-02-12, 20:43

1,561 sqft is 4 bedder. Could have bot during launch in 2009, but file caveat only now.

graveyard
17-02-12, 20:43

Wow. Good deal - and its very near MRT. :)

chanel
17-02-12, 20:44
Latest transactions on Watertown - URA Caveats Lodged:

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment11,167,6801,216Strata960Feb-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment1587,741527Strata1,114Feb-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment1641,868570Strata1,125Feb-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment1600,748527Strata1,139Feb-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment1652,521570Strata1,144Feb-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment11,201,2001,130Strata1,063Jan-12WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRALApartment11,099,896807Strata1,362Jan-12

fclim
17-02-12, 20:51
Would be if WT are less than 50% sold and these 2 Plots are for PC dev beside mrt.

The 2 plots definitely targetted release. Both same vicinity and in Punggol. Maybe to temper Wee Hur's launch price? Gahmen monitoring this closely and obviously quite concerned about the perceived high psf and take up rate for WT. It shows they think prices there are somewhat out of sync too.

dtrax
17-02-12, 21:00

HAHA u tio con already lar... NO SUCH CHEAP deal. You know what I mean if you pay 2k per annum getting realis record.
NO, it is NOT first Flr
NO, it is NOT firesale, it was NEW SALE as what some mention, gonna TOP soon probably take loan
NO, there is NO free lunch. 6XX psf - whole of singapore waiting to buy. U think if he despo he will sell at this price?

Rosy
17-02-12, 21:10
HAHA u tio con already lar... NO SUCH CHEAP deal. You know what I mean if you pay 2k per annum getting realis record.
NO, it is NOT first Flr
NO, it is NOT firesale, it was NEW SALE as what some mention, gonna TOP soon probably take loan
NO, there is NO free lunch. 6XX psf - whole of singapore waiting to buy. U think if he despo he will sell at this price?
I am sure buyers will grab it even at 850psf. Do not have to firesale below 700psf. EC is already selling for 700psf with strict restrictions.

minority
17-02-12, 21:28

:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

minority
17-02-12, 21:37
It's a quantum play now, package a 3 br under 1m with MRT and it's a sell out. People see what they want to see.

Tats all pple see these days.... Quantum + great marketing.

toufu
17-02-12, 21:38
:scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

ATT is 826 units sold (93.65%) as of 11 Feb. Thanks to the spillover effect from WT. :cheers1:

minority
17-02-12, 21:41
ATT is 826 units sold (93.65%) as of 11 Feb. Thanks to the spillover effect from WT. :cheers1:

Yes always good to own something that will have FEO project pop up as neighbor.

Rosy
17-02-12, 21:44
Yes always good to own something that will have FEO project pop up as neighbor.
Biggest winner is the bto flats nearby.

minority
17-02-12, 21:45
Biggest winner is the bto flats nearby.

Hah hah All are winners except..... :D :D :D :D

Molotov
18-02-12, 08:28
Punggol people want to pick up from waterway? No hope! I will pick up first since I live in Orchard! :p
If u really think u live in Orchard, u sure are concerned about "Punggol people"? Big heart u have. Orchard my b:sleep: lls! LOL!

solsys
18-02-12, 08:51
Just to share history..... Compass Height when TOP had alot of people selling including Studios below their purchase price.

Don't be surprise similar things will happen to WT too.

pineapple
18-02-12, 08:55
Just to share history..... Compass Height when TOP had alot of people selling including Studios below their purchase price.

interesting.. r they still selling below their purchase price now?

chanel
18-02-12, 09:18
whichever district has it's pros n cons. Orchard Rd is the prime, convenient and command very high premium - in fact more pluses for investment but not all really enjoy staying.
one of my relative live on 32nd storey in Cairnhill complaining they cannot open their windows cos of the noise and dust pollution & has to depend on air-con.
majority can live with it cos it's compensated in monetary terms & capital appreciation. Orchard is one area that nobody can go wrong.

Xan
18-02-12, 09:32
whichever district has it's pros n cons. Orchard Rd is the prime, convenient and command very high premium - in fact more pluses for investment but not all really enjoy staying.
one of my relative live on 32nd storey in Cairnhill complaining they cannot open their windows cos of the noise and dust pollution & has to depend on air-con.
majority can live with it cos it's compensated in monetary terms & capital appreciation. Orchard is one area that nobody can go wrong.

After 10% stamp imposed on foreigner, invest in orchard can go very wrong.

chanel
18-02-12, 09:55
After 10% stamp imposed on foreigner, invest in orchard can go very wrong.

Anyway, Orchard is beyond our reach. Only the super rich earning millions can afford, ordinary wage earner can only smell the utility room.

BTW, The Luxurie selling prices vary a lot from $650psf to $1,350psf, their bigger units are the best buy. Price range of A Treasure Trove is very constant & reasonable, averaging $900 and nothing above $1,000psf . With this comparison, WT doesnt look very expensive - a little more premium for the convenience of a mall and MRT under one roof.

Xan
18-02-12, 10:04
Anyway, Orchard is beyond our reach. Only the super rich earning millions can afford, ordinary wage earner can only smell the utility room.

BTW, The Luxurie selling prices vary a lot from $650psf to $1,350psf, their bigger units are the best buy. Price range of A Treasure Trove is very constant & reasonable, averaging $900 and nothing above $1,000psf . With this comparison, WT doesnt look very expensive - a little more premium for the convenience of a mall and MRT under one roof.

WT is not ex at all when suites/smaller units is concerned. The larger units are ex.
Btw, are u interested in the hougang mega mall site? I used to stay there.

chanel
18-02-12, 10:35
WT is not ex at all when suites/smaller units is concerned. The larger units are ex.

Hougang Mega Mall seems like a long shot. They were promoting this just before GE, after that no update no news. Good location but not much landscaping and water surroundings like WT. If wait for Hougang to launch maybe another 3 to 5 years, prices may shoot up beyond our reach - nobody can predict about the future.
Born & bred in Hougang, Teochews die die will stay here cos so used to this area - public transportation is so convenient, no need to drive & worry about carparking.

Xan
18-02-12, 10:47
Hougang Mega Mall seems like a long shot. They were promoting this just before GE, after that no update no news. Good location but not much landscaping and water surroundings like WT. If wait for Hougang to launch maybe another 3 to 5 years, prices may shoot up beyond our reach - nobody can predict about the future.
Born & bred in Hougang, Teochews die die will stay here cos so used to this area - public transportation is so convenient, no need to drive & worry about carparking.

The thing I like abt hougang is not just the tpt but the food. Till now, I still drive there da bao food.
3 to 5 yrs is a good wait. Good things must wait. :D

pineapple
18-02-12, 10:51

The last 100 units remaining in WT will be harder to move due to much higher PSF...

I was interested in housing mega mall till WT came along.. seems like dead news now.. It will not be cheap though. Believe it will be more expensive than Bartley if launch at this time .. I.e 1.3k+PSF

Panerex77
18-02-12, 10:53
Yup, on the map, it is to just beside and to right of Watertown now.

sorry, may i know which map you are referring to?

I looked at the GLS site, but there's seems to be only mention of EC development along Punggol Central...nothing abt mixed development of Residential cum Commercial akin to Watertown.

BTW, side question. Is the current location of the Punggol bus interchange a temp site only? If yes, where will be the perm site be?

Xan
18-02-12, 10:56
The last 100 units remaining in WT will be harder to move due to much higher PSF...

I was interested in housing mega mall till WT came along.. seems like dead news now.. It will not be cheap though. Believe it will be more expensive than Bartley if launch at this time .. I.e 1.3k+PSF

Our situation same, I was waiting for hougang mega mall plot and yishun hub site prior to WT launch.
I'm pretty interested in the hougang site and will wait for its launch.

Xan
18-02-12, 10:59

I looked at the GLS site, but there's seems to be only mention of EC development along Punggol Central...nothing abt mixed development of Residential cum Commercial akin to Watertown.

BTW, side question. Is the current location of the Punggol bus interchange a temp site only? If yes, where will be the perm site be?

The site next to LRT is most likely to be residential.
Those EC sites seems quite a far walking distance to punggol central.

pineapple
18-02-12, 10:59

Panerex - click on 1 of the sub links within

pineapple
18-02-12, 11:03
The site next to LRT is most likely to be residential.
Those EC sites seems quite a far walking distance to punggol central.

It's commercial cum resident development.. Maybe Watertown 2 .. I.e waterway terrences 1 & 2.. Lol

pineapple
18-02-12, 11:06

From the future roadmap.. the interchange is reserved for high rise development there.. so the bus interchange could be moved and incorporated in 1 of the high rise development among the other 2 plots of land beside MRT.. that will be my guess..

DC33_2008
18-02-12, 11:12
Bartley R is asking for $1400+ psf for the better 2 bedders' stack after 18% discount.

Jonathan0503
18-02-12, 11:23

If your budget is around $1m, you can still get a MM at orchard

solsys
18-02-12, 11:24
interesting.. r they still selling below their purchase price now?

I'm quoting history for benefit of readers here.

Who knows I might buy from you when people realise can't get proper yield.

pineapple
18-02-12, 11:38

well u havent answer my question.. the fact that WT are mostly sold.. i dont know how your history benefit much the readers now... and how about for those who are buying for long term stay? Do you think most pple who buy WT are speculators?

Xan
18-02-12, 11:47

We will sell to u at firesale px. U slowly wait. :D

amk
18-02-12, 11:50
do you think most pple who buy WT are speculators?

Yes I do. :)

Seriously who will buy a one bd " SOHO" or "suite" for own stay ? Why almost 70% of the units are not family size, but rather, "bite size" units ?

And the bigger family size units are not moving. Is this not obvious enough ?

Xan
18-02-12, 11:51
well u havent answer my question.. the fact that WT are mostly sold.. i dont know how your history benefit much the readers now... and how about for those who are buying for long term stay? Do you think most pple who buy WT are speculators?

He talk rubbish lah, u still entertain him?

Xan
18-02-12, 11:53

Seriously who will buy a one bd " SOHO" or "suite" for own stay ? Why almost 70% of the units are not family size, but rather, "bite size" units ?

Speculators doesn't mean will sell below purchase px.
If u like, u can call me speculator.
U slowly wait for me to sell u at fire sales lor. :D

pineapple
18-02-12, 11:55
He talk rubbish lah, u still entertain him?

today more free to reply mah.. no need to work :D

Xan
18-02-12, 11:56
today more free to reply mah.. no need to work :D

Me too.... Nothing to do, so entertain some sour grapes lor.
Seriously, u should look at hougang mega mall that one.

pineapple
18-02-12, 11:57

I beg to differ.. all the suites are > 500 Sq FT... which is good size for me... and this is not a true MM..

No planter .. no bay window .. no bomb shelter in the suites.. space are well designed.. and nowadays lotsa young couples w/o kids and singles...

solsys
18-02-12, 12:02
We will sell to u at firesale px. U slowly wait. :D

That's why I say 'who knows'. Unfortunately, someone else got so sensitive and started to talk beyond the context of history.

Why should I answer a question with an obvious answer about asking about prices about then and now.

Should I assume this someone is an idiot? If I did answer him the obvious then it will be an insult to him.

I cited useful information about the period of time when there was a slack that's all.

Xan
18-02-12, 12:08
I beg to differ.. all the suites are > 500 Sq FT... which is good size for me... and this is not a true MM..

No planter .. no bay window .. no bomb shelter in the suites.. space are well designed.. and nowadays lotsa young couples w/o kids and singles...

My take is no need waste time to explain to them.
Sour grapes will find loopholes to attack the buyers, from the least sensible remarks to the most stupidest action. They will then start to cut and paste more sites release in punggol to convince u that u buy without thinking, though Some of these sites are damn far from mrt and amenities.
I've been here long enough to witness all these things happening and repeating.
See until sianz.

testtest
18-02-12, 12:10
That's why I say 'who knows'. Unfortunately, someone else got so sensitive and started to talk beyond the context of history.

Why should I answer a question with an obvious answer about asking about prices about then and now.

Should I assume this someone is an idiot? If I did answer him the obvious then it will be an insult to him.

I cited useful information about the period of time when there was a slack that's all.

anyone citing any fact that deems to be against this wonderful condo will be branded as talking rubbish, being stupid, miss the boat, sour, ...whats else? feel free to add to the list...

"You can't handle the truth"

testtest
18-02-12, 12:12
My take is no need waste time to explain to them.
Sour grapes will find loopholes to attack the buyers, from the least sensible remarks to the most stupidest action. They will then start to cut and paste more sites release in punggol to convince u that u buy without thinking, though Some of these sites are damn far from mrt.
I've been here long enough to witness all these things happening and repeating.
See until sianz.
i rest my case :cheers1:

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:13

of coz.. a stupid question goes hand in hand with a useless comment. :D
Hindsight talk is all 60/60, nobody can predict the future.. it can go up or down.. I dont know too.

Ur post is useless and means little to wat the residential prices will be 5 years down the road. :beats-me-man:

No offense Dude. :)

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:14
anyone citing any fact that deems to be against this wonderful condo will be branded as talking rubbish, being stupid, miss the boat, sour, ...whats else? feel free to add to the list...

Point taken.. 10XX PSF is too expensive for WT suites..
Lets re-visit this 5 years down the road when it TOP.

You could very well be right :D

testtest
18-02-12, 12:15

was informed by agents that >80% of Soho/suite buyers are investor...not sure if it is true or not

Xan
18-02-12, 12:15

Ya lor, likewise the buyers are branded as carrot, senseless, defensive, crazy, buy w/o thinking....follow by, "why u never look around, there are better alternatives... Blah blah..." pls feel free to add the list as well...

You can't handle the truth WT's sales is good?

ulrich76
18-02-12, 12:17
If your budget is around $1m, you can still get a MM at orchard
Which development? Enuf of pole saying can get this or that. Mai chwee gong lp song

Xan
18-02-12, 12:18

Bartley R at 1400+psf after 18% discount no one say anything.
This one 10xxpsf with amenities all in one everyday got pple attack.
Lol :D

testtest
18-02-12, 12:19

10xx psf is not too bad for WT, but there are much better alternatives for 1400 psf

anyway, let's see 5 years later...cheers

solsys
18-02-12, 12:25
You guys are funny, both amk and myself never mention anything or anybody being a carrot, speculator when it comes to WT.

Why are you guys giving yourselves such names?

Just look back the past msgs.

I certainly wouldn't slap myself the way u guys did to each other with assumptions.

;)
Chill out man....

testtest
18-02-12, 12:26
Bartley R at 1400+psf after 18% discount no one say anything.
This one 10xxpsf with amenities all in one everyday got pple attack.
Lol :D

not launched yet mah...lets see the take up rate

minority
18-02-12, 12:29
Speculators doesn't mean will sell below purchase px.
If u like, u can call me speculator.
U slowly wait for me to sell u at fire sales lor. :D

when everyone want to sell or rent together and no 1 buy or rent will have some firesales.. give it 4yrs u int hit 3-4% some borderline folks might not have the stomach to hold.

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:30
10xx psf is not too bad for WT, but there are much better alternatives for 1400 psf

anyway, let's see 5 years later...cheers
Bro.. cant help but agree with your post on this. Cheers :cheers4:

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:33
when everyone want to sell or rent together and no 1 buy or rent will have some firesales.. give it 4yrs u int hit 3-4% some borderline folks might not have the stomach to hold.

Agree.. for speculators.. they need cash reserves to hold it out.. there is always risk involve buying a property now as nobody can tell the future. :)

solsys
18-02-12, 12:33

Yup, just a couple or few to get the ball rolling and some will grab at lower price.

No offense dude, it's future! No one can tell.

Don't flame me coz someone said it himself.

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:35
Yup, just a couple or few to get the ball rolling and some will grab at lower price.

No offense dude, it's future! No one can tell.

Don't flame me coz someone said it himself.

lol.. incidentally my post reply came before u... :D dont worry.. not going to flame u bro :simmering:

Xan
18-02-12, 12:36

That is another assumption comes from u.
If this is true, orchard condos CCR, RCR or any other OCR without amendities will be hit double and will not be spared.
Why must die die direct on WT alone?
I'm puzzled.

Xan
18-02-12, 12:43

Your above quote is indeed questionable.

At least, this is how we interpret, not slapping each other. :)

Xan
18-02-12, 12:48

Sorry dude, this is how we interpret. :)
Such statement is definitely far from your noble intention - "info sharing".

pineapple
18-02-12, 12:52
Your above quote is indeed questionable.
So no need say until you so noble and came here merely to share.
At least, this is how we interpret, not slapping each other. :)
it just bewildered me that there are pple (more than 1 here) who r still acting noble and post property advice in a Property thread that already has 90% of units sold... wonder how these comments going to save those carrots branded buyers who already bought WT..??

Aren't they better off posting their advices to other newly launched property thread to reach a larger crowd of to-be buyers and be truly noble... :doh:

Xan
18-02-12, 12:53
it just bewildered me that there are pple (more than 1 here) who r still acting noble and post property advice in a Property thread that already has 90% of units sold... wonder how these comments going to save those carrots branded buyers who already bought WT..??

Aren't they better off posting their advices to other newly launched property thread to reach a larger crowd of to-be buyers and be truly noble... :doh:

Seriously, I'm bewildered as well.
Don't ask me, I seriously dunno their intention.
Pardon for my stupidity. :)

testtest
18-02-12, 12:54
how is security ensured? i saw at least 2 stairs/escalators from the shopping malls to the condo areas. even using security passes, there could be non-residents just walk in behind residents to get access...understand that is a headache for other condos as well.