PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

chanel
08-02-12, 11:55
81. Stack 76 went for $130 000 more 3 days later. Was not released at preview.

you made the right choice, best of both worlds in fact! Facing the main pool plus got a partial view of the waterfront. Front facing may end up very noisy with many restaurants below including large crowds during week-ends. Fortunately you went for 81 otherwise you end up paying 25% more for front stacks which is commanding around $1,400psf now.

Xan
08-02-12, 12:04
you made the right choice, best of both worlds in fact! Facing the main pool plus got a partial view of the waterfront. Front facing may end up very noisy with many restaurants below including large crowds during week-ends. Fortunately you went for 81 otherwise you end up paying 25% more for front stacks which is commanding around $1,400psf now.

FEO pricing is weird.
25% price differenece is a very huge difference.
I dont think the view can cause such a big difference in price.
Anyway, he definitely got a very good deal.

amk
08-02-12, 12:45
Punggol is 11 stations away from Dhoby Ghaut...and is really "in a sea of HDBs" ...

Just like another member mentioned, quite a significant mindset change on the condo buyers. Many years back we used to say "never touch a condo which can see a HDB with a 10 ft pole" ;) (ok old already....) And we used to value exclusiveness and privacy. the very word of "Punggol" completely puts many of us off. (no we are most definitely not the "miss the boat" ppl. that crown belongs to Basic)

the new generation of buyers love to have a mall next door, with all the jostle and crowds and etc. exactly a natural progression from HDB dwelling to condo living.

in any case risk taking is a natural requirement in this pty business. in this particular case the size involved is just a few hundred k, the potential loss is negligible. and who say Punggol cannot be next Jurong East (which coincidentally is also about 11 stations away).

So I wish all the buyers best of luck. An active pty market is always good for everybody :)

chanel
08-02-12, 12:49
FEO pricing is weird.

Prices went up due to supply & demand, those who bought on 1st day of VVIP got the best deal. Stack 81 was sold out on 1st day, stack 76 was then released on 2nd day at higher price and by evening only 2 units left. On 3rd day official launch, all sold. FEO reserved front stacks at much higher prices - list price of $2.4M before discount versus $1.89M for stack 76.

ay123
08-02-12, 13:01
last time only those near city can command high price but now the buying sentiment has changed. now PPL look for convenient then to be near city. the new generation want new lively town. as long it is near MRT or mall (best is near both) the new generation is willing to pay for it. anyway spore is so small, even if you travel from east to west or north to south, the most you spend one to one n half hour of journey. the new generation is looking for far from noisy town but equip with necessary amenities and near MRT. as long a project that fulfil such requirement, it will attract buyer. :2cents:

howgozit
08-02-12, 13:09
FEO pricing is weird.

Another way to look at it is that the people who bought later got a very bad deal.

Test water prices exceeded expectations so FEO strike iron while hot, ramped up the prices ridiculously to capitalise on the feeding frenzy and herd mentality.

FEO really milked it and lapped it up.

dtrax
08-02-12, 13:33
Punggol is 11 stations away from Dhoby Ghaut...and is really "in a sea of HDBs" ...

Just like another member mentioned, quite a significant mindset change on the condo buyers. Many years back we used to say "never touch a condo which can see a HDB with a 10 ft pole" ;) (ok old already....) And we used to value exclusiveness and privacy. the very word of "Punggol" completely puts many of us off. (no we are most definitely not the "miss the boat" ppl. that crown belongs to Basic)

the new generation of buyers love to have a mall next door, with all the jostle and crowds and etc. exactly a natural progression from HDB dwelling to condo living.

in any case risk taking is a natural requirement in this pty business. in this particular case the size involved is just a few hundred k, the potential loss is negligible. and who say Punggol cannot be next Jurong East (which coincidentally is also about 11 stations away).

So I wish all the buyers best of luck. An active pty market is always good for everybody :)

how much times have changed, I used to remember the FH condo beside Dhoby Ghaut properties are selling around the same price at Watertown, 1.3-1.5k psf. The property market is truly active with so many upgraders these days

fclim
08-02-12, 13:51
I find it hard to believe the buyers of WT feel that their purchases are good deals when they are paying the highest psf amongst all the properties in Punggol currently.

Sorry, this is just a frank observation. No intention to pour cold water. WT is really a nice development for own stay.

testtest
08-02-12, 13:58
I find it hard to believe the buyers of WT feel that their purchases are good deals when they are paying the highest psf amongst all the properties in Punggol currently.

Sorry, this is just a frank observation. No intention to pour cold water. WT is really a nice development for own stay.

http://www.realestatebriefings.com/real-estate/real-estate-herd-mentality/

chanel
08-02-12, 14:00
how much times have changed, I used to remember the FH condo beside Dhoby Ghaut properties are selling around the same price at Watertown, 1.3-1.5k psf. The property market is truly active with so many upgraders these days

Very true indeed!
Our little red dot has limited land, property prices has only one direction to move upwards and with this trend, freehold land doesnt really hold true anymore. Nowadays, people doesnt bother with freehold, afterall we dont live that long and do they care about the next generation to pass on their properties. If they can afford, they rather spend their money and live in style at whichever district of their choice.
For comparison, Kovan Residences 99 years lease (just TOP) versus freehold Bliss Kovan (just launched & a stone throw away), both transacting about the same price of $1,400psf. Bliss was launched few months ago and so far, less than 50% sold as reported by developer (BBR) in the Business Times last week.

amk
08-02-12, 14:03
... I used to remember the FH condo beside Dhoby Ghaut properties are selling around the same price at Watertown, 1.3-1.5k psf. ...
as a matter of fact, today you still have LH condo in Orchard Boulevard at $1390 psf. the catch is, not at a token sum of just a few hundred k.

so the game did not *really* change that much. the only thing that changes a lot is, developers like FEO discovers new way to profit in this business. Small quantum enables almost any HDB family to be in property investment, especially for projects that do have merits. WT does have nice plus points (as compared with KPLD's Sengkang project).

So with almost 70% of WT dedicated to small 1/2 bedrooms, it's no secret most buyers are HDB investors. For investors, I can only say this is an untested market. Would a FT rent a 1bd at Punggol among all the bigger HDBs around ? Maybe. It's of course a risk.

Mohankrish
08-02-12, 14:08
Not really! I can't afford it at $1400psf!

mkl22
08-02-12, 14:10
Very true indeed!
Our little red dot has limited land, property prices has only one direction to move upwards and with this trend, freehold land doesnt really hold true anymore. Nowadays, people doesnt bother with freehold, afterall we dont live that long and do they care about the next generation to pass on their properties. If they can afford, they rather spend their money and live in style at whichever district of their choice.
For comparison, Kovan Residences 99 years lease (just TOP) versus freehold Bliss Kovan (just launched & a stone throw away), both transacting about the same price of $1,400psf. Bliss was launched few months ago and so far, less than 50% sold as reported by developer (BBR) in the Business Times last week.
the freehold vs 99 will be tested when some properties hit close to 99years and we can actually see what happens next. as will the state take back the land and chases those living there out. then maybe there can be a clearer distinction between freehold vs 99.

amk
08-02-12, 14:13
Test water prices exceeded expectations so FEO strike iron while hot, ramped up the prices ridiculously to capitalise on the feeding frenzy and herd mentality.

CDL Qwek's words of wisdom:

1) "It's never about affordability. It's the sentiment"
2) "The higher the property prices, the more people will buy".

kane
08-02-12, 14:14
i might not see that in my lifetime. lol.

Mohankrish
08-02-12, 14:17
FEO pricing is weird.
Actually it's a 40% difference to be exact! Incredible!

kane
08-02-12, 14:18

it's the same as stocks.

fclim
08-02-12, 14:23
the freehold vs 99 will be tested when some properties hit close to 99years and we can actually see what happens next. as will the state take back the land and chases those living there out. then maybe there can be a clearer distinction between freehold vs 99.

I thought it has already been tested? Many 99 LH (except landed) properties successfully concluded their collective sales in recent years? It is a win-win formula.

Majority of the properties are 99 LH. ALL HDBs are 99LH. What will happen if such a scenario occurred, i.e., chase residents out and take back the land? The whole property market will collapse. Do you think the gahmen want that?

Don't be surprised that even before we reach that stage, the gahmen may start introducing 60 years LH land to turn around the properties faster.

buttercarp
08-02-12, 14:24
Actually if people are willing to pay such high price and later no one is willing to let go at a low price, then the price will be high.

Example is a priceless painting.
For me I don't know how to appreciate paintings, therefore i will never understand why some can pay millions for it, other than for investment purposes.

howgozit
08-02-12, 14:29

I think may not have to wait that long. The banks will get cautious even before the 99LH is up. The test is in the financing the banks are willing to offer when CPF restrictions kick in when the property reaches 40yeras old.

What happens then will have an effect on other 99LH properties. In the last few years with all the enbloc frenzy, a lot of LH properties have been given a new lease of life thru enbloc so the CPF restrictions no opportunity to have an impact.

mkl22
08-02-12, 14:30
I thought it has already been tested? Many 99 LH (except landed) properties successfully concluded their collective sales in recent years? It is a win-win formula.

Majority of the properties are 99 LH. ALL HDBs are 99LH. What will happen if such a scenario occurred, i.e., chase residents out and take back the land? The whole property market will collapse. Do you think the gahmen want that?

Don't be surprised that even before we reach that stage, the gahmen may start introducing 60 years LH land to turn around the properties faster.
only for HDB hor...and for HDB, you are a lessee and not a strata owner. this is different for private 99LH. like The acardia. their lease will not be renewed. the point is no one knows exactly what the govt will do. everyone can say what they want. which is why i say the difference will be clear when a private property actually hits the 99year mark.

anyway your statement is conflicting. on one hand you say the govt will not chase people out when the 99year is reach but now they want to introduce 60LH. to make a shorter LH work you will need to chase people out or make then pay the lease again right? and if some of the strata owners dun pay? then you need to set up a department to kick those who dont pay out and keep those who pay?

kane
08-02-12, 14:36
there are some HDBs in bukit merah and toa payoh approaching 40 years if i remember correctly. en bloc not yet happen.

ysyap
08-02-12, 14:40
there are some HDBs in bukit merah and toa payoh approaching 40 years if i remember correctly. en bloc not yet happen.Public housing is govt's initiative. These old HDB flats will get their SERS in due time. Just don't know when. Mr Khaw has plenty on his platter now so worry about SERS. :47:

kane
08-02-12, 14:42
Public housing is govt's initiative. These old HDB flats will get their SERS in due time. Just don't know when. Mr Khaw has plenty on his platter now so worry about SERS. :47:

actually i would have thought doing those in parallel would help because essentially, they would be increasing the supply and maximising the plot ratios on the existing old plots.

howgozit
08-02-12, 14:42
Q: How much of my CPF savings can I withdraw to buy a private property with remaining lease of less than 60 years but at least 30 years? (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)

A:You can use your Ordinary Account savings, and the future monthly CPF contributions in this account to buy the property and/ or to pay the monthly installments of the housing loan up to the applicable Withdrawal Limit (WL). The applicable WL is set at a level that covers the estimated depreciated value of the property when the member reaches the CPF withdrawal age of 55 years. It is calculated based on the ratio of the remaining lease when the member is 55 years old, to the lease at the point of purchase.
Example:

A 35 year old member buys a private property with 50 years of lease remaining. When the member turns 55 years old, the property will have 30 years of lease remaining.
Hence, the applicable WL = 30/50 x 100% = 60% of *Valuation Limit
* Valuation Limit is the lower of the purchase price or the value of the property at the time of purchase.
In the case of properties with remaining leases less than 60 years but at least 30 years, the applicable Withdrawal Limit is the ratio of the remaining lease of the property when the member is 55 years old, to the lease at the point of purchase. Please refer to the following table (http://ask-us.cpf.gov.sg/Home/Hybrid/themes/CPF/Uploads/Housing/RPS_WL%20for%20Remaining%20Lease%2060%20to%2030.pdf) for more details.

mkl22
08-02-12, 14:48
i think the 1st plots of 99years LH reaching expiry will be those landed at rifle range and maybe near tanah merah station? in another 20years or so?

But these are landed and affects only a few. wait till it comes to those condos with 200-300 units or more. then we can know what exactly happens

fclim
08-02-12, 15:46
only for HDB hor...and for HDB, you are a lessee and not a strata owner. this is different for private 99LH. like The acardia. their lease will not be renewed. the point is no one knows exactly what the govt will do. everyone can say what they want. which is why i say the difference will be clear when a private property actually hits the 99year mark.

anyway your statement is conflicting. on one hand you say the govt will not chase people out when the 99year is reach but now they want to introduce 60LH. to make a shorter LH work you will need to chase people out or make then pay the lease again right? and if some of the strata owners dun pay? then you need to set up a department to kick those who dont pay out and keep those who pay?
No conflicting statement. 60 yrs LH to turn around the land faster. Every area needs rejuvenation to avoid becoming a slum. Needs mindset change from banks, CPF board.

Anyway, gahmen dun kick people out, but go for collective sales and top
up lease.

mkl22
08-02-12, 15:58
No conflicting statement. 60 yrs LH to turn around the land faster. Every area needs rejuvenation to avoid becoming a slum. Needs mindset change from banks, CPF board.

Anyway, gahmen dun kick people out, but go for collective sales and top
up lease.

for collective sales still need 80% right. what if no 80%? then somehow force people to sign to get 80% to become a collective sale? and for lease top up the old building still stands then, so how does it tie in with your renewal process. am still talking about private leasehold, not HDB which is totally different.

not sure if i am understanding you completely. others can correct me? or help me understand what fclim is saying.

lifeline
08-02-12, 16:21
http://www.realestatebriefings.com/real-estate/real-estate-herd-mentality/

useful explanation. we all take solace in companionship.

chanel
08-02-12, 16:50
for collective sales still need 80% right. what if no 80%? then somehow force people to sign to get 80% to become a collective sale? and for lease top up the old building still stands then, so how does it tie in with your renewal process. am still talking about private leasehold, not HDB which is totally different.

not sure if i am understanding you completely. others can correct me? or help me understand what fclim is saying.

Yes, en-bloc sale needs at least 80% approval from owners.
Some people like to buy old apartments, trying to cash in for enbloc sales, very lucrative cos can profit almost double.
For old HDB blocks which are redeveloped, they offer owners brand new units at nearby location but need to top-up.

pineapple
08-02-12, 17:42

Highest PSF is logical given its the most valued plot of land in Punggol.

minority
08-02-12, 18:15

Perceived value FEO is tell all the C.....

minority
08-02-12, 18:19

Yes and u realized a lot are sgpean . Usually that single the end of the cycle. Leaving many sgpean holding to assest. The smarts foreginer investor all off load , developer off load.

Pity all the C... I mean buyers

minority
08-02-12, 18:35
last time only those near city can command high price but now the buying sentiment has changed. now PPL look for convenient then to be near city. the new generation want new lively town. as long it is near MRT or mall (best is near both) the new generation is willing to pay for it. anyway spore is so small, even if you travel from east to west or north to south, the most you spend one to one n half hour of journey. the new generation is looking for far from noisy town but equip with necessary amenities and near MRT. as long a project that fulfil such requirement, it will attract buyer. :2cents:
This is herd instinct. Like horse 1 run all run.. Why run? Dono just follow..

minority
08-02-12, 18:37
Another way to look at it is that the people who bought later got a very bad deal.

FEO really milked it and lapped it up.

I m sure the FEO agents scream HUAT aH!!!!

Xan
08-02-12, 18:37
Yes and u realized a lot are sgpean . Usually that single the end of the cycle. Leaving many sgpean holding to assest. The smarts foreginer investor all off load , developer off load.

Pity all the C... I mean buyers

Why pity the rich when they hv spare cash to be used for property investment?
Actually, we pity you more :)

Xan
08-02-12, 18:41
This is herd instinct. Like horse 1 run all run.. Why run? Dono just follow..

Because this project "no horse run" :D

minority
08-02-12, 18:42

No need to pity me I already bought many an offloaded to fellow sgpean .

minority
08-02-12, 18:43
Because this project "no horse run" :D

Hah hah ok no horse run following a no eye deer.

Xan
08-02-12, 18:44
No need to pity me I already bought many an offloaded to fellow sgpean .

Why u like dreaming and talking to yourself? :D
Yawn zzz. No one interested in your stories lah.
Coincidentally, your "success stories" sounded like mr B :D

ulrich76
08-02-12, 18:45

Aiya dun argue liao lah. Who carrot 4 years later we will know. Frankly the people I pity the most are those who sell then go squeeze with parents or relatives. Still waiting for price to drop everyday

minority
08-02-12, 18:46
Why u like dreaming and talking to yourself? :D
Yawn zzz. No one interested in your stories lah.
Zzzzzzz then don't reply mine.. U are feeding my interest . Yawn

minority
08-02-12, 18:47
Aiya dun argue liao lah. Who carrot 4 years later we will know. Frankly the people I pity the most are those who sell then go squeeze with parents or relatives. Still waiting for price to drop everyday

Yes those are also poor thing. Never speculated ur own roof. If only have 1.

graveyard
08-02-12, 18:54
Yes those are also poor thing. Never speculated ur own roof. If only have 1.

They have a choice not to squeeze rite? they can always rent while waiting for house price to tank. assuming they have profited from sales of their previous property, the rent could just come from the pool

Xan
08-02-12, 18:56

Haha, true true, how come I so stupid go entertain him.
The gd sales at WT and ATT had probably given him a tight slap when he still fantasizing px to correct so that he can get a fire sale. Lol :D

minority
08-02-12, 18:58
They have a choice not to squeeze rite? they can always rent while waiting for house price to tank. assuming they have profited from sales of their previous property, the rent could just come from the pool

True . But it's a gamble if price contuine to rise b if the drop is not as drastic. I know of some pple who have rented since 2005.... Hoping for a drop after selling their roof. Kinda of wonder how much it have to drop to be still profitable.

U really need to know wat u are doing . Whens time to cut lost . It's like all investment. My pt is home should not gamble unless have a fall back plan. Maybe move to thailand etc...

minority
08-02-12, 19:01
Haha, true true, how come I so stupid go entertain him.
The gd sales at WT and ATT had probably given him a tight slap when he still fantasizing px to correct so that he can get a fire sale. Lol :D

Hah hah no need tight slap me... I just showing pity the buyers are thinking investment grade...

Anyway got firesales I also won't be looking in pungol . Anyway I m diff from mr b who try to talk market down coz he renting n miss out. I m not talking the market down. Trying to talk some sense to the herd. It's like watching a accident happen in slow motion.

Xan
08-02-12, 19:06
Hah hah no need tight slap me... I just showing pity the buyers are thinking investment grade...

Anyway got firesales I also won't be looking in pungol . Anyway I m diff from mr b who try to talk market down coz he renting n miss out. I m not talking the market down. Trying to talk some sense to the herd. It's like watching a accident happen in slow motion.

Wow, you talked until so noble till I so touch by your words.
I finally understood your "kind" intention when you try to talk some sense to the herd is by calling them "carrots"
If your memory havent fails you yet.

GSLJ
08-02-12, 19:20
Wee Hur's successful bid price was $354.4 psf (in Dec 11)

Sim Lian's bid price for A Treasure Trove was $406.3 psf (in Dec 2010)

So Wee Hur's bid was about $50 psf cheaper was Sim Lian - as you can see, 12 months makes quite a difference - the bid price of Wee Hur is less aggressive given the economic uncertainties.

Wee Hur's launch psf could be $50 cheaper compared to Sim Lian, but I would not be surprised if Wee Hur's launch psf is similar to Sim Lian so as to maximise its profit (moreover, that area is now much sought after).I think should be another hot project in Punggol. :cheers1:

dtrax
08-02-12, 19:23
Carrots no carrots so be it, if u think they carrots, well afterall if there are no carrots how will a location become record psf? If there are no carrots, how will u get firesale?. At the end of the day carrots no carrots, time will tell.

GSLJ
08-02-12, 19:23
I have heard planes before but it is so occasional that you don't remember it.When I was there viewing the showflat, found the area really nice and a lovely place for stay. :)

minority
08-02-12, 19:31
Wow, you talked until so noble till I so touch by your words.
I finally understood your "kind" intention when you try to talk some sense to the herd is by calling them "carrots"
If your memory havent fails you yet.

Well that's the truth. Sorry that u can't handle the truth . Hah hah

Molotov
08-02-12, 19:35

For whatever reasons, you seem to have bad blood with everything Punggol. Must have had a traumatic experience sometime back in Ulu Punggol.
Try staying away from this forum and you should feel better.
Why get so worked up and cursing your lungs out? Go in peace. Leave the herds and carrots alone lah. They die or huat , let them be can? :tsk-tsk:

Xan
08-02-12, 19:37
Well that's the truth. Sorry that u can't handle the truth . Hah hah

so my advise is, don't talk like mother Theresa if your character has been weighed and measured. :D

"trying to talk some sense to the herd....blah blah blah" - you really classic when I hear u saying that.

Xan
08-02-12, 19:51
When I was there viewing the showflat, found the area really nice and a lovely place for stay. :)

But I worry about traffic jams.
Condo on top of mall usually jams up the road.

Mohankrish
08-02-12, 20:00
The whole point of living obove a mall and next to the mrt is not to drive! If you drive, don't even think of a place like that for own stay.

graveyard
08-02-12, 20:10
True . But it's a gamble if price contuine to rise b if the drop is not as drastic. I know of some pple who have rented since 2005.... Hoping for a drop after selling their roof. Kinda of wonder how much it have to drop to be still profitable.

U really need to know wat u are doing . Whens time to cut lost . It's like all investment. My pt is home should not gamble unless have a fall back plan. Maybe move to thailand etc...

Hmm yeah, esp in recent years, housing prices have been going crazy. Yea i heard of ppl selling their house here and moving to JB and commute into Spore everyday by cars. renting should be a short term plan, home owners know its really different if u own the house compared to if you are renting it, hence the phase "home sweet home!"

Xan
08-02-12, 20:13
Hi to all WT buyers.
Have u noticed a window like device that was mounted outside the balcony? Care to elaborate on that though I think it is to shield off sunlight.

Sonnycool
08-02-12, 20:15

Guess it should be fine as the entrance to the condo is via punggol walk and the entrance to the mall carpark via punggol central.

pineapple
08-02-12, 20:34
Hi to all WT buyers.
Have u noticed a window like device that was mounted outside the balcony? Care to elaborate on that though I think it is to shield off sunlight.

Its a blind that u can use to shield against sun and rain..
The concept is similar to hillier units.

pineapple
08-02-12, 20:36
Guess it should be fine as the entrance to the condo is via punggol walk and the entrance to the mall carpark via punggol central.

Gd to know. Thought they on same side of road.

Xan
08-02-12, 20:45
How does the blind work?
Is it those normal blinds with a pulley and string type?
My friend told me its not a blind but some kinda window enclosure where u need to give a push to open it.

minority
08-02-12, 20:58
For whatever reasons, you seem to have bad blood with everything Punggol. Must have had a traumatic experience sometime back in Ulu Punggol.
Try staying away from this forum and you should feel better.
Why get so worked up and cursing your lungs out? Go in peace. Leave the herds and carrots alone lah. They die or huat , let them be can? :tsk-tsk:

hah hah ok... ok..

mantrix
08-02-12, 20:59
Chill guys...at the end of the day, if you are buying a roof over your head, and you can afford the amount (and feel it's worth it) then by all means it's gonna be a good investment...

if for pure investment that's another story of course

:rocking-the-decks:

mygeemeel
08-02-12, 21:00
which part of the TV commercial shows the city view? i think you have stereotyped it that if can see fireworks, it must be in the city.

I did see a small scale of fireworks at the Punggol area many years back. So, don't be surprise to see fireworks in elsewhere.. of course, it will not be as grand as what you see in the marina bay. :D

Stay Woodlands or Tuas also can see fireworks.... from Malaysia. Also equally nice.

testtest
08-02-12, 21:05
The whole point of living obove a mall and next to the mrt is not to drive! If you drive, don't even think of a place like that for own stay.

Yeah, it's a traffic nightmare with popular malls. And the noise too.

minority
08-02-12, 21:07

like nex..... so hard to park

Xan
08-02-12, 21:08

Sounds like its a happy problem. :D

testtest
08-02-12, 21:08
Stay Woodlands or Tuas also can see fireworks.... from Malaysia. Also equally nice.

Aiyah.....buy property, fireworks not included lah.....:D

mygeemeel
08-02-12, 21:11
like nex..... so hard to park

carpark next to nex used to have couples going there for hanky panky. Someone told me. I never go there before.

After Nex was completed. Hanky panky moves to cinema in Nex. more comfy. Also someone told me.

pineapple
08-02-12, 21:12
How does the blind work?
Is it those normal blinds with a pulley and string type?
My friend told me its not a blind but some kinda window enclosure where u need to give a push to open it.

hmm i dont think its by string as that will not last..
didnt really give much thought about now that you mentioned.. will have to enquire more from my far east fren. :o

mygeemeel
08-02-12, 21:14

Actually, but TV can liao. Spend $2k buy LED TV, watch fireworks on tv on National Day, New Year and firecrackers on CNY. I like the big head man walking around with a fan in his hand on CNY. Don't know who he is though. Anyone know his name? Got his namecard?

pineapple
08-02-12, 21:16
carpark next to nex used to have couples going there for hanky panky. Someone told me. I never go there before.

After Nex was completed. Hanky panky moves to cinema in Nex. more comfy. Also someone told me.

haha.. not surprise.. police used to patrol the top level of that carpark.

Panerex77
08-02-12, 21:53
hr
but this shield is not specified inside the S&P.

i only see it in the showroom model...so not sure eventually will it be given or not...seems quite cool to have it though...

btw, you have received the revised S&P, where FEO is replacing all the mircowave cum grill oven with simply a microwave oven, and is throwing in a built-in coffee maker? u guys think it is a good deal?

ppty
08-02-12, 21:59
wow fat profits from psf not enuf - want to squeeze more from grill oven - sigh

hr

i only see it in the showroom model...so not sure eventually will it be given or not...seems quite cool to have it though...

btw, you have received the revised S&P, where FEO is replacing all the mircowave cum grill oven with simply a microwave oven, and is throwing in a built-in coffee maker? u guys think it is a good deal?

testtest
08-02-12, 22:06
hr

It's a no brainer, need us to tell u what to do?

toufu
08-02-12, 22:12

http://i.imgur.com/hbHZcl.jpg

howgozit
08-02-12, 22:15
hr

I think raw deal... the grill microwave negates the requirement to have another bulky equipment to grill. In addition, coffee maker better to have stand alone. Just my opinion.

pineapple
08-02-12, 22:17
hr

think that shield suppose to be part of the building structure.. so not sure if it will be in S&P..

I didnt receive any S&P revision.. suites doesnt comes with microwave, only oven. I prefer an oven over coffee maker though.. not a coffee drinker.

fclim
08-02-12, 22:31

Bishan 8 used to be on most valued plot of land in Bishan once upon a time. Coincidentally FEO too?:)

flagship74
08-02-12, 22:40

Nice PS!:47:

Panerex77
08-02-12, 22:56

Smart Alec, did I ask a question as to what i shd do?

U expect me to go feo office tomorrow and bang table is it?

orangeroad80
08-02-12, 23:06
Wow serious, the advertisement is not bluffing, there are really fireworks in that area ??! When is this ?

hopeful
08-02-12, 23:54
btw, you have received the revised S&P, where FEO is replacing all the microwave cum grill oven with simply a microwave oven, and is throwing in a built-in coffee maker? u guys think it is a good deal?

what do you mean by revised S&P? you mean developers can suka-suka change the terms and conditions of the S&P?

if you dont want to take microwave oven+built-in coffee maker, can you reject the revised S&P and insist on microwave cum grill oven?

I am very much interested to know more about this issue.

hopeful
08-02-12, 23:56

what would you choose?
microwave cum grill oven or microwave oven + built in coffee maker.
yes, i need you to tell me what to do.

minority
09-02-12, 05:30
Bishan 8 used to be on most valued plot of land in Bishan once upon a time. Coincidentally FEO too?:)

And how long the owner at bishand had to wait to break even or make $$$$ coz it was the highest Psf then.... Incidentally it's FEO too....

NorthernStar
09-02-12, 06:27
OT:
Best case is: go inside Malaysia and set off the fireworks yourself..:D ... btw, Tuas can see meh? No housing estate opp Tuas leh...

I likes Punggol waterway area. Nice place for family living/activities..The rest of the town can be quite congested next time when all the HDB are built.. Btw, not the unit owner of WT.

ysyap
09-02-12, 06:44
what would you choose?
microwave cum grill oven or microwave oven + built in coffee maker.
yes, i need you to tell me what to do.I'll take the one with coffee maker... otherwise still need to buy another coffee maker on top of the grill oven which I also don't use much! Normal oven is enough... :D

testtest
09-02-12, 06:57
Sounds like its a happy problem. :D

Why is it happy to have traffic jam and noise around your house?

chanel
09-02-12, 08:58
think that shield suppose to be part of the building structure.. so not sure if it will be in S&P..

I didnt receive any S&P revision.. suites doesnt comes with microwave, only oven. I prefer an oven over coffee maker though.. not a coffee drinker.

There is no change if you read carefully as they amended each S&P agreement accordingly to what they get for the unit purchased :

1. microwave oven applies to Types B, C, Cc & Dc units;
2. microwave cum grill for Types SBc, B & Cc units;
3. built-in coffee maker for Types B, C, Cc & Dc units;
4. coffee machine for Type SHBc and SHCc units;
5. wine chiller for Type C, Cc & Dc units

pineapple
09-02-12, 10:10
There is no change if you read carefully as they amended each S&P agreement accordingly to what they get for the unit purchased :

1. microwave oven applies to Types B, C, Cc & Dc units;
2. microwave cum grill for Types SBc, B & Cc units;
3. built-in coffee maker for Types B, C, Cc & Dc units;
4. coffee machine for Type SHBc and SHCc units;
5. wine chiller for Type C, Cc & Dc units

oh. tot suites is having oven from what i saw from showroom..

Tripp
09-02-12, 10:21
Are these BOSCH or Ariston branded products? How about the fridge and hob/hood brands (gas/electric)?

pineapple
09-02-12, 10:25
Are these BOSCH or Ariston branded products? How about the fridge and hob/hood brands (gas/electric)?

For suites is Ariston / Samsung for fridge
Bosch for bigger units like sky partio.

Jorick
09-02-12, 11:17
Is the soho cost more than a similar size condo?
How will be the market demand like for soho?

Molotov
09-02-12, 12:16
Ariston is a mid range brand of appliances.
Bosch sits on the mid-high level. Not the best but the German name is enough to justify its place in the more expensive Sky Patios...

pineapple
09-02-12, 12:16
Is the soho cost more than a similar size condo?
How will be the market demand like for soho?

Yes soho does cost more given higher ceiling and the extra platform..
Soho didnt sell as well in WT though

ppty
09-02-12, 14:40
Developers set for more launches

Frasers Centrepoint for one, will go ahead with the launch of its Twin Waterfalls, a 99-year leasehold executive condominium (EC) project located close to Punggol MRT station, with e-applications opening on Feb 10.

..... buyers will find prices more palatable as they would be about 20 per cent cheaper than the recently released Watertown, according to Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief executive officer for development and property Cheang Kok Kheong. He put prices for the project at between $720 and $750 per square foot (psf).

price
09-02-12, 14:43
Developers set for more launches

Frasers Centrepoint for one, will go ahead with the launch of its Twin Waterfalls, a 99-year leasehold executive condominium (EC) project located close to Punggol MRT station, with e-applications opening on Feb 10.

..... buyers will find prices more palatable as they would be about 20 per cent cheaper than the recently released Watertown, according to Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief executive officer for development and property Cheang Kok Kheong. He put prices for the project at between $720 and $750 per square foot (psf).

Nothing surprising. This is an EC

chanel
09-02-12, 15:09
Thought EC has same restrictions as HDB, cannot sell & rent out only after 5 years stay. The only diff is the "condo" feeling, higher grade in design than HDB.

newbie11
09-02-12, 15:54
many EC have compressed marble which is no fun.. so porous.

Montaigne
09-02-12, 15:55
Thought EC has same restrictions as HDB, cannot sell & rent out only after 5 years stay. The only diff is the "condo" feeling, higher grade in design than HDB.
But EC Still EC.. U cannot tell ppl its private property even after 10 years. When friends or acquaintance ask u your house private ah? u still have to say, oh, mine is an EC. U can never beat real "private" property in terms of "class".

mantrix
09-02-12, 16:35
But EC Still EC.. U cannot tell ppl its private property even after 10 years. When friends or acquaintance ask u your house private ah? u still have to say, oh, mine is an EC. U can never beat real "private" property in terms of "class".

not true wor...some friends bought Bishan loft past 1000psf the acknowledgement that it is a prime property is there...

after 10 years EC are considered PCs no difference

graveyard
09-02-12, 16:49

other than the regulations governing private and public property, i dont see any major diff btw EC and PC. Once stayed in EC, pretty good maintenance, facilities and EXCELLENT amneties! all these and if location is superb will make any property "class"!

price
09-02-12, 17:01
other than the regulations governing private and public property, i dont see any major diff btw EC and PC. Once stayed in EC, pretty good maintenance, facilities and EXCELLENT amneties! all these and if location is superb will make any property "class"!

Yep, but ECs are governed by HDB rules. I can't invest in an EC cause i'm too young and single. :(

price
09-02-12, 17:03
Also, the time to TOP (e.g. 3 years) + MOP 5 years = 8 years before u can invest in another property, rent, or sell ur EC.

howgozit
09-02-12, 17:07

I think the mindset has changed.

EC used to be seen as a glamourised HDB, ie... a pseudo private property in a HDB environment. But nowadays all the sold out high-priced private condos are situated in the heart of HDB.

Still remember the term "heartlander"?.... refering to people living in HDB estates... technically all these PCs are in HDB estates.

I think the "class" thing is no longer an issue and people are willing to pay big bucks to live in a HDB estate.

graveyard
09-02-12, 17:07
Yep, but ECs are governed by HDB rules. I can't invest in an EC cause i'm too young and single. :(

dats why i said "other than the regulation governing ..." maa

fclim
09-02-12, 17:13
I think the mindset has changed.

EC used to be seen as a glamourised HDB, ie... a pseudo private property in a HDB environment. But nowadays all the sold out high-priced private condos are situated in the heart of HDB.

Still remember the term "heartlander"?.... refering to people living in HDB estates... technically all these PCs are in HDB estates.

I think the "class" thing is no longer an issue and people are willing to pay big bucks to live in a HDB estate.

Just a question. Are the finishings in ECs inferior to PCs? I mean, the developers bid for the land through a public tender process and have to price lower than PCs as there is an income ceiling. So, I would think that they keep the construction costs low and scale back on quality in order to make more profits.

mantrix
09-02-12, 17:21
Just a question. Are the finishings in ECs inferior to PCs? I mean, the developers bid for the land through a public tender process and have to price lower than PCs as there is an income ceiling. So, I would think that they keep the construction costs low and scale back on quality in order to make more profits.

not at all - because they are bound by HDB regulations, EC's furnishings typically tend to be HDB class and above. We are talking about solid concrete walls, quality windows / doors and fittings etc. There are too many PCs out there which try to scrimp and save - in the end you get a house where you can even hear your neighbours whispering through the walls, windows unable to block out noise and even frequent leakages.

Not sure about the newer ECs but I must say I've been to view a number of resale ECs and am suitably impressed. The management council is also more on the ball thanks to the large number of Singaporean residents :cheers6:

yjcai
09-02-12, 20:29
Hmm look out EC with low land price not like some particular EC bid for 397 psf ppr. Now need to scrimp save because land too expensive

fclim
09-02-12, 21:08
not at all - because they are bound by HDB regulations, EC's furnishings typically tend to be HDB class and above. We are talking about solid concrete walls, quality windows / doors and fittings etc. There are too many PCs out there which try to scrimp and save - in the end you get a house where you can even hear your neighbours whispering through the walls, windows unable to block out noise and even frequent leakages.

Not sure about the newer ECs but I must say I've been to view a number of resale ECs and am suitably impressed. The management council is also more on the ball thanks to the large number of Singaporean residents :cheers6:

Thanks. Perhaps older ECs are better built.

mantrix
09-02-12, 21:12
Thanks. Perhaps older ECs are better built.

I would tend to think that is true. They are roomier too, with typically 1200 sq ft set aside at least for a 3 bedder, and usually do not come with space wasting balconies (though there are the usual planters and bay windows)

If you ask anyone in the industry, they can tend you the materials used for ECs are of decent quality - the same cannot be said of the PCs (and sadly, even some high-end ones cut corners around cost) :doh:

howgozit
09-02-12, 21:18
I would tend to think that is true. They are roomier too, with typically 1200 sq ft set aside at least for a 3 bedder, and usually do not come with space wasting balconies (though there are the usual planters and bay windows)

If you ask anyone in the industry, they can tend you the materials used for ECs are of decent quality - the same cannot be said of the PCs (and sadly, even some high-end ones cut corners around cost) :doh:

I think it varies from EC to EC. Comparing Simei Green(older) vs Esparis(newer), I much prefer the design and build quality of Esparis. I find the older ECs tend to have a lot HDB elements like for example multi-storey carpark.

mantrix
09-02-12, 21:22
I think it varies from EC to EC. Comparing Simei Green(older) vs Esparis(newer), I much prefer the design and build quality of Esparis. I find the older ECs tend to have a lot HDB elements like for example multi-storey carpark.

that i agree...i think a safe bet are ECs between 5 to 10 years old...

So far ECs like that in the north are all quite decent :cheers4:

minority
09-02-12, 21:45
that i agree...i think a safe bet are ECs between 5 to 10 years old...

So far ECs like that in the north are all quite decent :cheers4:

EC are suitable for owner stay. Anyway ECs hv mostly upgrades so expect more children and weekend pool are more crowded.

mantrix
09-02-12, 21:56
EC are suitable for owner stay. Anyway ECs hv mostly upgrades so expect more children and weekend pool are more crowded.

ECs typically mostly 3 bedders and have either a large pool or a couple of smaller ones. PCs nowadays have 1-2 bedders forming 30-50% of the units = result is the same.

This is hugely subjective. :2cents:

howgozit
09-02-12, 21:58

Why do say ECs are suitable for "owner stay"? Does this imply that it is not suitable for rental?

mantrix
09-02-12, 22:02
anyway...we all know (retrospectively anyways) that buying a resale past 5 years and selling it after 10 is likely a winning proposition...

an updated list here...looks interesting

http://www.singaporerealestate.info/blog/2010/04/13/list-of-executive-condos-in-singapore/

Panerex77
09-02-12, 22:10
anyone know for the plot of land next to the LRT station, what would be the development plan there?

would it be the SAFRA club-cum sports stadium?

I am curious to know the scenery that my 2 BR unit will be facing...would it be housing units or some other structure?

pineapple
09-02-12, 22:33
anyone know for the plot of land next to the LRT station, what would be the development plan there?

would it be the SAFRA club-cum sports stadium?

I am curious to know the scenery that my 2 BR unit will be facing...would it be housing units or some other structure?

panerex. which stack are u at?

minority
09-02-12, 23:37
Why do say ECs are suitable for "owner stay"? Does this imply that it is not suitable for rental?

coz typical EC location are not very convient. so rental market is limited . but not implying no rental.

teddybear
10-02-12, 00:18
How can EC materials be better than even high-end ones and yet sell at cheap price? High-end ones cut some corners also any how should be better? (unless you are talking about D'Leedon which uses real low-class homogeneous tiles and squeezing 1700+ units into 1 single estate in a prime location because developers paid too much for land and hence have to cut all corners (not just some or a bit) to save on construction costs?) :scared-2: But as far as I know, that is the only one I have ever come across. :tsk-tsk:
I always believe that "When people sell you branded goods at cheap-skate price, well, you know, please double and triple check what "branded" is that....!". :doh:

In the past, ECs are easy to recognize because they have >500 units in the 1 single estate!
We should just treat any condo estate with >500 units to be same to ECs. :p

GSLJ
10-02-12, 00:26
In the past, ECs are easy to recognize because they have >500 units in the 1 single estate!
We should just treat any condo estate with >500 units to be same to ECs. :pI would think it's not how many units in a condo estate, but rather the land size to equate to how many units to be built.

Estates with a big plot of land will sure have more units, eg Mandarin Gardens 1000 units.

rymccondo77
10-02-12, 01:46
I would think it's not how many units in a condo estate, but rather the land size to equate to how many units to be built.

Estates with a big plot of land will sure have more units, eg Mandarin Gardens 1000 units.

Yup land size is one factor that can impact the number of units.

Think other factors would be the types and sizes of units, and the allowed plot ratio.

Note that there are some ECs with less than 500 units (e.g. The Canopy, Belysa and the Rainforest). The land sizes for these ECs are also smaller.

Montaigne
10-02-12, 04:47
I would think it is the perception. EC is definitely a diff class in the perception of general public. Everyone knows that u belongs to the income ceiling not more than 12k group. At least this is what my family members think, which deter me from buying one. EC will always be EC even after it turned private. My friend bought nuovo, everyone knows it's an EC, she even said she wanted to sell it and upgrade to private. She used the word upgrade.

ysyap
10-02-12, 05:38
Also, land for ECs are sold cheaper than that for PCs or am I mistakened? :D

testtest
10-02-12, 06:51
I would think it is the perception. EC is definitely a diff class in the perception of general public. Everyone knows that u belongs to the income ceiling not more than 12k group. At least this is what my family members think, which deter me from buying one. EC will always be EC even after it turned private. My friend bought nuovo, everyone knows it's an EC, she even said she wanted to sell it and upgrade to private. She used the word upgrade.

EC to PC LH is PC LH to FH...there is always differences, be it perception or tangible.

Montaigne
10-02-12, 06:59
EC to PC LH is PC LH to FH...there is always differences, be it perception or tangible.
Best is to get FH, LH esp near EC is a no no. unless u are talking abt LH super near MRT or those mix devt where u can't find in EC. That is why I think WT if priced reasonable can buy. ATT or Wee hur site too similar and close distance to EC, not worth buying imo. In punggol no FH within 700m to mrt right? So WT is most exclusive in terms of face value and class.

Esp those who bought below ave psf, u really got a good deal, and it feels good to be staying in the most prestigious condo in the punggol town. Singaporean just love to compare. If you stay in Att, your friend stay in WT, who wins?

westman
10-02-12, 07:14
Best is to get FH, LH esp near EC is a no no. unless u are talking abt LH super near MRT or those mix devt where u can't find in EC. That is why I think WT if priced reasonable can buy. ATT or Wee hur site too similar and close distance to EC, not worth buying imo. In punggol no FH within 700m to mrt right? So WT is most exclusive in terms of face value and class.

Esp those who bought below ave psf, u really got a good deal, and it feels good to be staying in the most prestigious condo in the punggol town. Singaporean just love to compare. If you stay in Att, your friend stay in WT, who wins?

Both will be poorer in quick current assets now while developers laught all the way to banks!!!!:2cents:

Montaigne
10-02-12, 07:40
Both will be poorer in quick current assets now while developers laught all the way to banks!!!!:2cents:

We only live once, on top of that, we only have that much youth. There is a difference between one who is so scared of losing and in the end waited for years til late middle or old age then finally get to enjoy living in a condo and one who choose to enjoy life when young within their means. poorer in quick assets does not means we have to struggle to enjoy life. No point bringing loads of money into the coffin. The average age of couples owning condo seems to be younger and younger.

howgozit
10-02-12, 07:43
So... are you saying that Watertown is like EC because of its location but much pricier because of perception of "face value and class" (as you put it).

Montaigne
10-02-12, 07:50
So... are you saying that Watertown is like EC because of its location but much pricier because of perception of "face value and class" (as you put it).

Of course not. PC how to compare with EC? Moreover it is a mix devt. I mean WT is of the highest class so far in punggol.

howgozit
10-02-12, 07:53
Of course not. PC how to compare with EC? Moreover it is a mix devt. I mean WT is of the highest class so far in punggol.

So other than HDB restrictions on EC sale which is 5 years MOP compared to 4years SSD for PC, how is an EC different from PC beyond that?

fclim
10-02-12, 07:59

EC to PC, perhaps due to HDB vs Pte, with income ceiling.

PC LH to FH. Too general. Depends more on location. E.g. The Sail (LH) vs Seletaris (FH). Which is more prestigious?

howgozit
10-02-12, 08:04

PC LH to FH. Too general. Depends more on location. E.g. The Sail (LH) vs Seletaris (FH). Which is more prestigious?

Agree.. ultimately it boils down to location. However, like I said before the mindset has changed.

ECs used to be shunned for its HDB location, but nowadays PCs in HDB locations are selling like hotcakes with hot prices too.

Lovelle
10-02-12, 08:13

wah, buy property based on how people will label you. Why like that ?

Go and stay in orchard road among the ang mo lor

rymccondo77
10-02-12, 08:26
One thing about the $12K income ceiling - it excludes bonuses. So if bonuses are included, some of those who buy ECs have incomes that exceed $12K.

testtest
10-02-12, 08:39
wah, buy property based on how people will label you. Why like that ?

not really true if you are buying for investment....the value of your property may depend on the market perception, like shares

minority
10-02-12, 08:41

Thats wat FEO want u to think n part with ur hard earn $$.

It's not a new concept there. Compass point been there for ages. So that's another bestest in class too!

testtest
10-02-12, 08:42

location is always king...look at WT, good location therefore 1500psf!!!

minority
10-02-12, 08:43
Agree.. ultimately it boils down to location. However, like I said before the mindset has changed.

ECs used to be shunned for its HDB location, but nowadays PCs in HDB locations are selling like hotcakes with hot prices too.

Hot cakes becoz other place the buyers get squeezed out. If the water level is to drop OCR will bear the burnt coz in prop it's always abt location location location.

ysyap
10-02-12, 08:59
So other than HDB restrictions on EC sale which is 5 years MOP compared to 4years SSD for PC, how is an EC different from PC beyond that?PC can sell to foreigners, EC must wait 10 years. PC can sell immediately after purchase (selling price must cover SSD) but EC die die must wait 5 yrs to sell to non foreigners. :rolleyes:

chanel
10-02-12, 09:08

Actually there is no end of comparisons and for those who bought WT at the VVIP got the best deal at below $1,100psf. WT is designed like resort style, every block has a lap pool in front - totalling 18 lap pools surrounding the whole of WT with Lounge & BBQ-cabanas, water dining, ponds and landscaped gardens. This is the attraction why it's selling like hot cakes and majority doesnt mind paying more for a more luxurious lifestyle to relax & shop at the same time. Wee Hur is trying to price close to ATT at around $900psf and may throw in better finishing to be on par with WT.
ATT is neither a bad location, some people prefer a more quiet environment with an added advantage of a megamall & MRT just opposite.

price
10-02-12, 09:24
PC can sell to foreigners, EC must wait 10 years. PC can sell immediately after purchase (selling price must cover SSD) but EC die die must wait 5 yrs to sell to non foreigners. :rolleyes:

Adding on to that, EC you can't choose to rent it out entirely until 5 years MOP is over. For PC even if selling price doesnt cover SSD, you can choose to sell if you're in real need of cash. Basically the whole idea of an EC is not for investment purpose. Mainly for newly weds whose household income is below 12k.

Xan
10-02-12, 09:25
We only live once, on top of that, we only have that much youth. There is a difference between one who is so scared of losing and in the end waited for years til late middle or old age then finally get to enjoy living in a condo and one who choose to enjoy life when young within their means. poorer in quick assets does not means we have to struggle to enjoy life. No point bringing loads of money into the coffin. The average age of couples owning condo seems to be younger and younger.

Finally the enlightened one.
youth is something money cant buy.
Wait till lao kok kok with all illness they put u in sentosa cove you also no mood to enjoy :D

Xan
10-02-12, 09:35
Initial plan was to wait for wee hur to launch and hoping a much lower price.
But wifey and I drive pass the site.
I ask wifey one question... if u are looking for a PC in punggol area, list the first three PCs in rank order:

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT
3rd - Wee hur (She dont even want to consider that).

In the end, decided to chiong WT since price quite alright.
If 1400psf onwards, I wont buy.
My honest opinion. :)

price
10-02-12, 09:38
I ask wifey one question... if u are looking for a PC in punggol area, list the first three PCs in rank order:

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT

Yup, in a town with sooooooo many ongoing developments (PCs and many ECs) WT is the best bet.

Rosy
10-02-12, 09:44
PC can sell to foreigners, EC must wait 10 years. PC can sell immediately after purchase (selling price must cover SSD) but EC die die must wait 5 yrs to sell to non foreigners. :rolleyes:
foreigners are gone.

private condo have 4yrs ssd.

EC 3 construction+5yrs MOP=8yrs

Rosy
10-02-12, 09:47

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT

so anything below 1400psf you will buy?

Worsty
10-02-12, 09:48

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT

Hey Xan,

The WT unit you got, is it for investment or self stay?

Also, right now, are you buying and selling 1 unit at a time or do you hold 2 or more extra units (on top of the one you're staying in) as part of your portfolio? Don't have to answer if you don't want to share. Just wondering since i'm probably near where you're at 4-5 years ago. Thanks!

graveyard
10-02-12, 10:17
Finally the enlightened one.
youth is something money cant buy.
Wait till lao kok kok with all illness they put u in sentosa cove you also no mood to enjoy :D

Well said. i posted before an interesting story by catherine lim in which a young couple was so obsessed with owning a bungalow with swimming pool they eyed taht they saved, worked very hard, invested heavily in shares. They made a lot but still fell short of a bit more to afford the bugalow. they put in all savings into stock to hasten the profit generation but then stock market crashed. All money gone, the husband fell ill from depression and inability to own their dream home. He died in the end and his mom customized a paper bungalow house, tailored to exact specification of their dream house and burnt for him ..

moral of the story is house is impt but we just need a roof above our head. no need to go after material stuff at the expense of happiness and lowering quality of your lifee

mantrix
10-02-12, 10:18
Adding on to that, EC you can't choose to rent it out entirely until 5 years MOP is over. For PC even if selling price doesnt cover SSD, you can choose to sell if you're in real need of cash. Basically the whole idea of an EC is not for investment purpose. Mainly for newly weds whose household income is below 12k.

That's why get resale ECs past 5 years old and sell them when they are past 10. They are slightly cheaper than surrounding PCs when you buy and the price difference disappears when they get privatized. Make use of your privilege as a singaporean / PR! :D

price
10-02-12, 10:23
That's why get resale ECs past 5 years old and sell them when they are past 10. They are slightly cheaper than surrounding PCs when you buy and the price difference disappears when they get privatized. Make use of your privilege as a singaporean / PR! :D

But resale ECs which are 5 years old are still under HDB rulings exactly like resale HDBs right? Hence not all investors are able to meet the rules.

chanel
10-02-12, 10:28

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT

Great people think alike, sama sama here. Was also considering Wee Hur site thinking it will be much cheaper so missed the boat on 1st day WT VVIP which was offering below $1000psf. Chiong last minute on 2nd day with only 2 units left with price increase by $100K but good facing - no regrets when heard Wee Hur going for $900psf + their unit size & layout not to my liking, too late for ATT as all good units snapped up many months ago.

mantrix
10-02-12, 10:30
But resale ECs which are 5 years old are still under HDB rulings exactly like resale HDBs right? Hence not all investors are able to meet the rules.

nope. They are like PCs already just that foreigners cannot buy them (except after 10 years) You can rent, sell (to other PRs / singaporeans) and stay...no difference there at all - but you will find your rental yield to be higher because of your lower buying quantum :p

price
10-02-12, 10:33
nope. They are like PCs already just that foreigners cannot buy them (except after 10 years) You can rent, sell (to other PRs / singaporeans) and stay...no difference there at all - but you will find your rental yield to be higher because of your lower buying quantum :p

Oh really!? i always thought they are still under HDB rulings. i.e. U can't buy if you're single and below 35 years old etc. And even after buying a resale EC u have a 5 years MOP unless until its privatized. Are you sure for 5 years old ECs any single singaporeans/ PR buyers can purchase?

mantrix
10-02-12, 10:36
Oh really!? i always thought they are still under HDB rulings. i.e. U can't buy if you're single and below 35 years old etc. And even after buying a resale EC u have a 5 years MOP unless until its privatized. Are you sure for 5 years old ECs any single singaporeans/ PR buyers can purchase?

Absolutely. A 5 yr old EC behaves exactly like a PC (apart from the fact that foreigners can't buy)
You dun get the grant of course. But anyone can buy. I bot a resale when i was 27. Made some good money so i bought another. Made even more. :D

price
10-02-12, 10:37
Absolutely. A 5 yr old EC behaves exactly like a PC (apart from the fact that foreigners can't buy)
You dun get the grant of course. But anyone can buy. I bot a resale when i was 27. Made some good money so i bought another. Made even more. :D

aww crap! i never knew that :( thats why i bought a FH condo instead. I'm 24 and not getting married anytime soon. Thought to vest in a resale EC i gotta be at least 35.

mantrix
10-02-12, 10:41
aww crap! i never knew that :( thats why i bought a FH condo instead. I'm 24 and not getting married anytime soon. Thought to vest in a resale EC i gotta be at least 35.

well not to late to sell your FH and buy a resale EC :D

price
10-02-12, 10:43
well not to late to sell your FH and buy a resale EC :D

hahaha its not even built! but thanks for the info!

mantrix
10-02-12, 10:47
hahaha its not even built! but thanks for the info!

is it a 3 bedder? Still have time to flip what...

So last time if you buy a resale EC, you dun need to wait for it to TOP, can rent / move in, when the price is good sell - easy money.

Those days are sadly gone but if one is patient still gems to be found...:D

pineapple
10-02-12, 10:58
Great people think alike, sama sama here. Was also considering Wee Hur site thinking it will be much cheaper so missed the boat on 1st day WT VVIP which was offering below $1000psf. Chiong last minute on 2nd day with only 2 units left with price increase by $100K but good facing - no regrets when heard Wee Hur going for $900psf + their unit size & layout not to my liking, too late for ATT as all good units snapped up many months ago.

Is Wee Hur layout + unit site out ? Any link to it ?

fclim
10-02-12, 11:03

She ranked:
1st - WT
2nd - ATT

Actually, I would rephrase the questions as:

1.In 5 years time, WT - $1,500 psf, ATT - $1100 psf, Wee Hur - $1000 psf. How would you rank? Would anyone pay $400 psf more just to be across the road?

2. With $1,400 psf now, what other better properties around in whole of Singapore that I can buy?

ATT rides on WT success, but WT success will be constrained by ATT.:2cents:

Xan
10-02-12, 11:26

1.In 5 years time, WT - $1,500 psf, ATT - $1100 psf, Wee Hur - $1000 psf. How would you rank? Would anyone pay $400 psf more just to be across the road?

2. With $1,400 psf now, what other better properties around in whole of Singapore that I can buy?

I can't answer u coz I bought it near 1kpsf. I can still see a lot of upsides. Wifey also agrees. Maybe those who bought at 1400psf can answer u better. If Bartley at 1200psf, not my cup of tea as well. In terms of amenities, still lose out to WT. just personal opinion and hope no one takes it seriously.

Xan
10-02-12, 11:32
Hey Xan,

The WT unit you got, is it for investment or self stay?

Also, right now, are you buying and selling 1 unit at a time or do you hold 2 or more extra units (on top of the one you're staying in) as part of your portfolio? Don't have to answer if you don't want to share. Just wondering since i'm probably near where you're at 4-5 years ago. Thanks!
I had my own sets of guiding principles in prop investment. You can private msg me if u want to further discuss. :scared-2:

chanel
10-02-12, 11:41
Is Wee Hur layout + unit site out ? Any link to it ?

Have to wait another 6 months or 2nd half for launch, won the tender only in Dec. but got info thru connection

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 11:45

Don't mentioned about ang mo. I cannot speak and write proper English. They despise me.

Xan
10-02-12, 11:46
Have to wait another 6 months or 2nd half for launch, won the tender only in Dec. but got info thru connection
Anyway, those who are smart will buy WT during preview and wee hur is probably a secondary alternative for those who missed the WT preview.
No offence but honest opinion.
Disclaimer: this statement is only true for those who love punggol and understands its potential and convenience. If u don't like punggol, no need bothered by this statement.

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 11:50
aww crap! i never knew that :( thats why i bought a FH condo instead.

Which dev did you buy? Just curious only.

testtest
10-02-12, 11:59

The mindset of enjoyment is to own a condo is not right value. When one is young, he should focus on upgrading himself and cultivate good saving habit. No need to "enjoy" condo, enjoy the HDB first. Upgrade to PC if you can afford later on when have a more secured income. Just don't be caught and pressurized by peers or make rash decision that "life is short, and if don't buy now you cannot afford in the future". No point bringing loads of $$ into coffin, but no point dying broke as well.....IHMO. :)

fclim
10-02-12, 12:17
The mindset of enjoyment is to own a condo is not right value. When one is young, he should focus on upgrading himself and cultivate good saving habit. No need to "enjoy" condo, enjoy the HDB first. Upgrade to PC if you can afford later on when have a more secured income. Just don't be caught and pressurized by peers or make rash decision that "life is short, and if don't buy now you cannot afford in the future". No point bringing loads of $$ into coffin, but no point dying broke as well.....IHMO. :)

Yup. Life is short. Dun make it shorter through bad investments...:)

ysyap
10-02-12, 12:22
Don't mentioned about ang mo. I cannot speak and write proper English. They despise me.Is that guy even an ang mo or a banana? :D Don't be scarred by him lah...

ysyap
10-02-12, 12:23
Yup. Life is short. Dun make it shorter through bad investments...:)Won't be shorter through bad investment lah... only make the short life more miserable... unless you so choose to make it shorter by choice! :scared-5:

Montaigne
10-02-12, 12:42

That is why the key word is within your means. Upgrade to pte property is every sporeans dreams. if can afford, should fufil it earlier. What makes u think that they will sure broke? In fact those youngsters in 2005 who bought condo now laughing like mad. I can comfortably afford kovan melody 3bedders top floor at only $740k+. But I chose hdb eventually cos I think I m too young to be so ambitious stay condo, so bought a resale with 3 years mop. That is my biggest regret in life. I lost youth as well as huge paper profit.

Montaigne
10-02-12, 12:45
Is that guy even an ang mo or a banana? :D Don't be scarred by him lah...
Ya lar, he only like to sprout rubbish, I dun even bother to reply him. talk cock for the sake of talk cock.

gn108
10-02-12, 12:48
Bro, not everyone made the same. Some are alright with their 'fate' and work their whole life without thoughts of investing, others want to be a Billionaire by 30.

I agree with you ...die peacefully & debt-free is one thing on my Bucket list. Ferrari can wait.

gn108
10-02-12, 12:53
Bro - like that many regrets in life. Live life without regrets - makes for a happier life.

Doing investments got many styles - but overly aggressive with wrong timing means you're out of the game. I'd rather be gaining moderately on many investments than making on one/two and getting busted on the third/last.

That is why the key word is within your means. Upgrade to pte property is every sporeans dreams. if can afford, should fufil it earlier. What makes u think that they will sure broke? In fact those youngsters in 2005 who bought condo now laughing like mad. I can comfortably afford kovan melody 3bedders top floor at only $740k+. But I chose hdb eventually cos I think I m too young to be so ambitious stay condo, so bought a resale with 3 years mop. That is my biggest regret in life. I lost youth as well as huge paper profit.

pineapple
10-02-12, 13:41
Bro - like that many regrets in life. Live life without regrets - makes for a happier life.

Doing investments got many styles - but overly aggressive with wrong timing means you're out of the game. I'd rather be gaining moderately on many investments than making on one/two and getting busted on the third/last.

again i think we are mixing discussion with buying property for investment vs. buying to stay...

Bell
10-02-12, 13:53
Hmm, I wonder if other developments thread is as popular. I realize there are alot of postings in WaterTown and ATT. :D

testtest
10-02-12, 13:55

Good for those 2005 laughing mad youngsters....in retrospect, they were genius. But think, what if the property bubble burst was not in Florida but here?....don't want to sound like chicken little here, but i see many youngsters want to enjoy the good things in life today...you missed a rally, but don't lose your pant when the music stops....;)

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:05
Is that guy even an ang mo or a banana? :D Don't be scarred by him lah...

Hahaha. He kena thrashed until keep quiet liao. Whether he is SAM (Siao Ang Mo) or short banana... i don't care. So long as we all Hiah Dee (brothers) must stand together and sell them our PC high price. :D

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:08
I lost youth as well as huge paper profit.

Don't worry about losing youth. Take viagra and you become 15 years old again. I didn't say one... the Korean Wonder Girls say one. They call me Wonder Man. :D :D :D

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:10
Hmm, I wonder if other developments thread is as popular. I realize there are alot of postings in WaterTown and ATT. :D

Got my thread also quite popular. i asked a harmless question on ID and i kena bombed for no education. Heng i have good friends here all kicked his arse.

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:13
I read some friends here talking about coffins. Eh, property discussion lei... don't talk about death lei.

I read until i started weeping and then started calling all my friends advising (is it advicing or advising? Always cannot rem) them to sell their properties and do charity.

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:16
don't lose your pant when the music stops....;)

Yeah, i lose my pants when the music starts and it remained that way even when the music stops. i am refering to wife's singing and not KTV music. (don't know if wife is reading my posts).

fclim
10-02-12, 14:20

More to come.. D19 Huat ah!!:D

fclim
10-02-12, 14:21
Yeah, i lose my pants when the music starts and it remained that way even when the music stops. i am refering to wife's singing and not KTV music. (don't know if wife is reading my posts).

Your wife busy singing lah..

ysyap
10-02-12, 14:37
More to come.. D19 Huat ah!!:DYes yes... D19 huat big big time ah... :cheers6:

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 14:40
Huat ah... although i didn't buy WT. I went there thinking got free ice cream. What i got was my butt kena touched many times.

ysyap
10-02-12, 14:44
Huat ah... although i didn't buy WT. I went there thinking got free ice cream. What i got was my butt kena touched many times.Your butt touched other people's butt! :)

fclim
10-02-12, 15:02
Huat ah... although i didn't buy WT. I went there thinking got free ice cream. What i got was my butt kena touched many times.

Dun think you are complaining right?

mygeemeel
10-02-12, 15:12
FEO should station some mei mei at WT. I was disappointed bcos no mei mei. Then again if they have mei mei, the WT prices would be very expensive liao.

fclim
10-02-12, 15:16
FEO should station some mei mei at WT. I was disappointed bcos no mei mei. Then again if they have mei mei, the WT prices would be very expensive liao.

Got mei mei, Geylang OKT will be very unhappy. btw, where is he???

graveyard
10-02-12, 16:40

Perfect if they station those angmoh ladies who are featured in the condo TV ad.

minority
10-02-12, 21:05

my answer is very simple always places where FEO would build never buy FEO why? coz FEO u always pay premium. upside is limited. but when feo launch near buy project get push up.. so my take is WT is not a good buy. well dont flame me this is my view.

minority
10-02-12, 21:13

well u buy kovan and sell it now where would u stay? HDB also all time high. so the thing is if u only have 1 place very hard if u want to speculate.

Xan
10-02-12, 21:33
well u buy kovan and sell it now where would u stay? HDB also all time high. so the thing is if u only have 1 place very hard if u want to speculate.

While I wanted to disagree your comment and since u mentioned kovan melody, it's a prop I flip before in 2006 which i leverage on the profit so I can move on to upgrade to a bigger unit which im staying now. So your reasoning is not totally true. It depends on how u play the property game and cash in cash out at the right time.
3 bedder I bought tat time is only 650k

Montaigne
10-02-12, 21:46

I already sold hdb two years back n staying with parents. Got enough rooms and in fact they are happier that we stay with them. If I have bought kovan melody, I wouldn't have sell it. Will keep it for rental. Sold hdb cos bad location far from mrt plus bad fengshui.

minority
10-02-12, 22:11
While I wanted to disagree your comment and since u mentioned kovan melody, it's a prop I flip before in 2006 which i leverage on the profit so I can move on to upgrade to a bigger unit which im staying now. So your reasoning is not totally true. It depends on how u play the property game and cash in cash out at the right time.
3 bedder I bought tat time is only 650k

well u are leveraging more. there is not real cash all profit on paper with more debt. I was commenting on the original guy who say he regretted buying hdb and not buy kovan and make a bundle.

What I am saying is if there is no place to move to selling kovan also means cost of acquisition for next place to say would be high. either take on more debt like u or buy another place are the prevailing higher price mean profit is lesser than though.

Well moving to parents hse is one option. but if price is run away never crash like MR B hope. then will never buy a place or end up pay more for a place with min profit again.

Xan
10-02-12, 22:26
well u are leveraging more. there is not real cash all profit on paper with more debt. I was commenting on the original guy who say he regretted buying hdb and not buy kovan and make a bundle.

What I am saying is if there is no place to move to selling kovan also means cost of acquisition for next place to say would be high. either take on more debt like u or buy another place are the prevailing higher price mean profit is lesser than though.

Well moving to parents hse is one option. but if price is run away never crash like MR B hope. then will never buy a place or end up pay more for a place with min profit again.
Deleted text error

Xan
10-02-12, 23:19

Did not take up more debts as my method is simple.
I leverage on the profit and look for another which provides me larger living area but not so near mrt/amendities, since I drive. So in the end, all profit are used to service the loan and eventually clear them in short time frame. This is the power of investing in property with good location. But for self stay, I dont mind location more inferior but space must be big and comfy enough to stay. If got paper gain good lah, no paper gain also never mind since staying long term.

When save enough to buy second one, then start look around for another good one with good accessibility, amendities and convenience, low quantum etc.

So far so good, not as taxing and as pressurize like what you had mentioned. At least one year can still travel oversea twice :)

Xan
10-02-12, 23:35
I already sold hdb two years back n staying with parents. Got enough rooms and in fact they are happier that we stay with them. If I have bought kovan melody, I wouldn't have sell it. Will keep it for rental. Sold hdb cos bad location far from mrt plus bad fengshui.

So are you vested in any property right now? Or are u still looking around?

testtest
11-02-12, 01:01

Well, tt is a double whammy for not investing in Kovan and sold off your only HBD and missed out the last 2 years run. I missed many before either, I know, it's sucks....here's a property investment 101, never sell your your last house and hope the sky will fall anytime, always have a roof over your head...IMHO

Xan
11-02-12, 06:18
Well, tt is a double whammy for not investing in Kovan and sold off your only HBD and missed out the last 2 years run. I missed many before either, I know, it's sucks....here's a property investment 101, never sell your your last house and hope the sky will fall anytime, always have a roof over your head...IMHO

This point I gotta agree with u.

ysyap
11-02-12, 06:49
Well, tt is a double whammy for not investing in Kovan and sold off your only HBD and missed out the last 2 years run. I missed many before either, I know, it's sucks....here's a property investment 101, never sell your your last house and hope the sky will fall anytime, always have a roof over your head...IMHOYup some spouses (aka wives) cannot stay with in laws too... :p

ysyap
11-02-12, 06:55
Foreign buyers promised stamp duty reimbursement'

Foreign property buyers in Singapore are being promised a 'partial reimbursement' of the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD) which was introduced in early December 2011 in an attempt to curb overseas interest.

Property developer Far East Organization is giving foreigners at its Watertown development (pictured) in Punggol a three percent 'reimbursement' upon contract signing and a further two percent when the project receives its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) in 2016.

The 'reimbursement' has formed part of Far East's marketing and advertising initiative overseas, including in Indonesia where a recent property exhibition in Jakarta attracted good levels of interest from local buyers. PropertyGuru understands that more than 20 units have been sold to Indonesian buyers in recent weeks.

A Singaporean house hunter choosing to remain anonymous told PropertyGuru, "We can't do anything about (foreigners being offered reimbursements) as that's a result of market forces. But it totally defeats the purpose of a tax, so I think it's pointless."

When asked about this, Colin Tan, Research and Consultancy Director at Chesterton Suntec International, said he does not believe the new measures were introduced to differentiate locals from foreigners and has nothing to do with politics.

"The authorities see the inflow of foreign funds as potentially damaging, if not now, then in future. Foreigners who are already working and living in Singapore are really not the problem but because they need a proxy to stem the inflow of outside funds, the most convenient target is all foreigners!"

Tan added that the stamp duty reimbursement doesn't necessarily mean a discounted property bargain. "The ability of the developer to reimburse (or actually pass on the costs) of the stamp duty depends on how much monopoly power its product has over the market and it is tantamount to a price increase if does not actually absorb the cost. By playing with discounts, the developer gives the impression that it is absorbing the stamp duty cost when it is not."

Most recently, PropertyGuru reported widespread incidents where local developers are offering reimbursements to Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs). Analysts say there is nothing wrong with this marketing tactic.

"If developers give an outright discount of five percent, people will think the government measures are working," said Png Poh Soon, Head of Research at Knight Frank.

"But buyers will also be thinking of the additional stamp duties they will have to pay. So in a way, it also helps developers show that they are addressing the needs of their buyers," he noted.

Watertown sold 771 units during January although the figure is now understood to be more than 800.

Replying to an enquiry from PropertyGuru, Far East Organization said its promotions are intended as price discounts rather than a total reimbursement of stamp duty. It is not meant to offset the additional stamp duty that applies to some buyers.

The company added that subsidy rates differ among the various Far East projects, but that at each project it applies at the same rate to all buyers across the board. It can take the form of furniture vouchers or cash, both of which are typically given to buyers when a project attains its TOP.

PropertyGuru understands that incidents of Singapore developers offering 'partial reimbursements' to foreign buyers is not yet being used as a widespread marketing tactic.

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 07:26
They would have marked up the price and then give you discounts. Garment gain, Developers gain and Consumers lose. Ironically. people are still jumping in.:doh:

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 07:39
Condos above malls have shown great sales in the last few developments becos it is very convenient plus a lot of other advantages. Have one ever consider security as thousands of people will be flocking to the mall each day. You do not know who is coming into the mall each day. That is why Sportshub are designed with carparks outside rather than below the building to reduce risk of attack. We really never know. Touch wood.

hyenergix
11-02-12, 07:44
Condos above malls have shown great sales in the last few developments becos it is very convenient plus a lot of other advantages. Have one ever consider security as thousands of people will be flocking to the mall each day. You do not know who is coming into the mall each day. That is why Sportshub are designed with carparks outside rather than below the building to reduce risk of attack. We really never know. Touch wood.

You are making 80% of the population who are staying in HDB very worried :(

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 07:52
Do we have 80% of flats above carparks? Experts are concerned about deliberate structural collapse. That is why everyone has a role to play if you watch the recent tv programme by MHA.
You are making 80% of the population who are staying in HDB very worried :(

xemz127
11-02-12, 08:32

wah sound serious... :scared-4:

hyenergix
11-02-12, 08:44
Do we have 80% of flats above carparks? Experts are concerned about deliberate structural collapse. That is why everyone has a role to play if you watch the recent tv programme by MHA.

Y need carpark to place bomb? Plenty of bins at void deck.

xemz127
11-02-12, 08:48
can't anyhow say bomb here bomb there lah.. later this forum got cracked down.. :spliff2:

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 09:17
Risk is higher with more people going to the public place below the apts. Do not know who they are and where they come from.

TMATT
11-02-12, 09:35
Agree with u!
But...a lot had listen to so call "expert" view that market will crash & sell their HDB,EC,CONDO & rent to stay past 2yrs,this group getting more nowadays.
And they are very worry now as their 20-40% property crash never happened...

Example -
2010 - average 700psf
2011 - average 900psf
2012 - even 30% crash will just go back to700psf,opportunity cost too high,
the crash may not happened or crash so much too...Don't ever sell u HOME & rent to hope property CRASH!

minority
11-02-12, 10:01
Did not take up more debts as my method is simple.
I leverage on the profit and look for another which provides me larger living area but not so near mrt/amendities, since I drive. So in the end, all profit are used to service the loan and eventually clear them in short time frame. This is the power of investing in property with good location. But for self stay, I dont mind location more inferior but space must be big and comfy enough to stay. If got paper gain good lah, no paper gain also never mind since staying long term.

When save enough to buy second one, then start look around for another good one with good accessibility, amendities and convenience, low quantum etc.

So far so good, not as taxing and as pressurize like what you had mentioned. At least one year can still travel oversea twice :)

Well that's good. Investment method involved some form of downgrade. Ie live with parents or move further away. But some pple cannot accept a change in life style. Or maybe kids school
Restriction.

minority
11-02-12, 10:02

Hah hah if not got to join mr b to talk the market down.

minority
11-02-12, 10:06
They would have marked up the price and then give you discounts. Garment gain, Developers gain and Consumers lose. Ironically. people are still jumping in.:doh:

That's the magic of FEO ....

Jonathan0503
11-02-12, 11:38
Risk is higher with more people going to the public place below the apts. Do not know who they are and where they come from.

But a lot (or almost all) of commerical buildings also have carpark at the lower levels what?

Xan
11-02-12, 12:35
I read straits time today and can't even find Watertown advertisement. Strange. :scared-5:

kane
11-02-12, 12:37
I read straits time today and can't even find Watertown advertisement. Strange. :scared-5:

If they sold 80% already, no point advertising anymore. Save the budget for other new projects maybe.

DC33_2008
11-02-12, 13:37
Commercial is very different from residential. Max impact is which type?
But a lot (or almost all) of commerical buildings also have carpark at the lower levels what?

Molotov
11-02-12, 14:53
I read straits time today and can't even find Watertown advertisement. Strange. :scared-5:Workers were seen dismantling the external lighting of the WT showroom a couple of hours ago..that's why...

pineapple
11-02-12, 14:57
Workers were seen dismantling the external lighting of the WT showroom a couple of hours ago..that's why...

Huh so fast? I suppose to collect some voucher from the showroom

Xan
11-02-12, 15:36
Huh so fast? I suppose to collect some voucher from the showroom
What voucher?

Molotov
11-02-12, 16:12
What voucher?
$100 meal voucher. To make up for the 17th Jan Super Vvip fiasco. Buyers who turned up were told no transaction could be done until feo gets the ura approval that evening. Approval never came and preview was postponed to 18th Jan - the original Vvip preview date. It was a chaotic scene then. Anxious buyers who were there early panicked, afraid they might not get their choice units the next day. A few of us left the place feeling that if there was one developer who could create tension and drama it had to be FEO!

pineapple
11-02-12, 16:48
:scared-1:
$100 meal voucher. To make up for the 17th Jan Super Vvip fiasco. Buyers who turned up were told no transaction could be done until feo gets the ura approval that evening. Approval never came and preview was postponed to 18th Jan - the original Vvip preview date. It was a chaotic scene then. Anxious buyers who were there early panicked, afraid they might not get their choice units the next day. A few of us left the place feeling that if there was one developer who could create tension and drama it had to be FEO!

Yes....Well said... :D U got yours already.?

Xan
11-02-12, 18:02
Wow u guys are early. I only bought WT during CNY.
I didnt know 17 jan so happening

pineapple
11-02-12, 18:10
Wow u guys are early. I only bought WT during CNY.
I didnt know 17 jan so happening

Happening indeed... Not ti mention There were a few blackouts that happen in the tentage..
Some agents start to shine their Green laser pointers at the ceiling, creating an instant laser show.. :cool:

Mohankrish
11-02-12, 18:24
[QUOTE=pineapple]Happening indeed... Not ti mention There were a few blackouts that happen in the tentage..
Some agents start to shine their Green laser pointers at the ceiling, creating an instant laser show.. :cool:[/QUOT
Yes I was there on the 17th! On the 18 th I signed my papers in the dark!

buttercarp
11-02-12, 18:31
If they sold 80% already, no point advertising anymore. Save the budget for other new projects maybe.

I thought sold out already?

buttercarp
11-02-12, 18:32
Happening indeed... Not ti mention There were a few blackouts that happen in the tentage..
Some agents start to shine their Green laser pointers at the ceiling, creating an instant laser show.. :cool:
Yes I was there on the 17th! On the 18 th I signed my papers in the dark!

Did you know what you were signing for?

kane
11-02-12, 18:37
I thought sold out already?

Sold out?!

buttercarp
11-02-12, 19:11
Sold out?!

Thought i saw the words sold out during the TV advertisment, but may be saw wrongly:o .

GSLJ
11-02-12, 19:11
Ads still on radio and tv as of today.

Should be only soho and sky patios units still available.

Received sms for agent for invitation to hi-tea there today. :p

ysyap
11-02-12, 22:09
Ads still on radio and tv as of today.

Should be only soho and sky patios units still available.

Received sms for agent for invitation to hi-tea there today. :pAds will continue on radio and tv coz money has been paid for those slots, regardless of actual sale situation. sms from agents to go for hi tea and discuss about other projects nearby or further away... :cheers1: I also thought its sold out le... ;)

rymccondo77
11-02-12, 22:30
Was at West Coast Plaza earlier in the evening and there was a big booth by agents marketing FEO's properties, including Watertown.

Think some of Sky Patio units may be more difficult to sell due to the prices.

pineapple
11-02-12, 22:52
Ads will continue on radio and tv coz money has been paid for those slots, regardless of actual sale situation. sms from agents to go for hi tea and discuss about other projects nearby or further away... :cheers1: I also thought its sold out le... ;)

the ticker at fareast webby still showing 850 units sold.
Im sure they will be quick to update if its fully sold.

fclim
11-02-12, 23:03
Punggol HDB flats median COV around $32K, on par with the likes of Bt Batok, , Bt Panjang, Woodlands and Choa Chu Kang. Even Hougang and Yishun COVs are higher. Serangoon much higher at $55K for 5 rm flat.

However, the condo prices in Punggol are well, high. I wonder how the HDB upgraders there can make that huge jump to pte ppty in the area with a less than stellar COV. Are WT owners really from surrounding HDBs? In future, would WT resale prices be constrained by the low COV from the HDB flats there (and there is a huge HDB supply there!)

The HDBs there are not well sought after, but the condos are! Strange.

Xan
12-02-12, 01:04
Punggol HDB flats median COV around $32K, on par with the likes of Bt Batok, , Bt Panjang, Woodlands and Choa Chu Kang. Even Hougang and Yishun COVs are higher. Serangoon much higher at $55K for 5 rm flat.

However, the condo prices in Punggol are well, high. I wonder how the HDB upgraders there can make that huge jump to pte ppty in the area with a less than stellar COV. Are WT owners really from surrounding HDBs? In future, would WT resale prices be constrained by the low COV from the HDB flats there (and there is a huge HDB supply there!)

Which HDB in punggol are u talking about? If u r referring to those HDB that are far from punggol central, then u might be right to say cov not high. Besides, the Current state in punggol is still under develop.
But If u r referring to those HDB that are near WT, then your statement is not true. I know HDB water terrace 1 and 2 are very very popular among the many. These HDB are very sought after and believe me, after all has developed, the cov going to be high. I'm not even worried WT price will be constrained by its nearby HDB.

minority
12-02-12, 05:56

Its nothing strange. Is all that bite the FEO marketing w/o looking at fundamental. Is all abt u buy the story or not. For me I dont buy it. I dont think its a good buy given the pricing of the surrounding. Also FEO projects is always price way above premium in the area. Might be better to look at projects near by b4 FEO launch. Coz they always price themselves way higher pull up some of the development price temporally.

Well good or not lets see 4-5yrs down the road. I dont think rental will be great. and maybe by then int will be 3%. I doubt the yield would be good too. There are better choices out there.

Xan
12-02-12, 08:53
Its nothing strange. Is all that bite the FEO marketing w/o looking at fundamental. Is all abt u buy the story or not. For me I dont buy it. I dont think its a good buy given the pricing of the surrounding. Also FEO projects is always price way above premium in the area. Might be better to look at projects near by b4 FEO launch. Coz they always price themselves way higher pull up some of the development price temporally.

Well good or not lets see 4-5yrs down the road. I dont think rental will be great. and maybe by then int will be 3%. I doubt the yield would be good too. There are better choices out there.

FEO recent pricing is not as ridiculous like last time. If u buy during preview, still can get at pretty good deals. Whether u like it or not, the story in punggol is already happening, just that u refuse to acknowledge and u will never. Anyway, no one can force u if one is negative and prejudice abt it. Go read the master plan or go there jalan jalan.
If punggol is jialat like what u said, luxurie would not be swatting flies. U r just one of the minority who refuse to accept the facts and figures, but then, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Xan
12-02-12, 09:03

If interest 3% down the road, then rental yield for all new pcs will be affected. Not just WT. Those get hit more seriously r those pc w/o or far frm amenities. I suspect they can't even find rental.

fclim
12-02-12, 10:32
Which HDB in punggol are u talking about? If u r referring to those HDB that are far from punggol central, then u might be right to say cov not high. Besides, the Current state in punggol is still under develop.
But If u r referring to those HDB that are near WT, then your statement is not true. I know HDB water terrace 1 and 2 are very very popular among the many. These HDB are very sought after and believe me, after all has developed, the cov going to be high. I'm not even worried WT price will be constrained by its nearby HDB.

I agree those HDBs near WT will be in high demand. But then, it is generally known that HDBs near MRT very hard to get cos owners not willing to let go. So, logically, it doesn't make sense for me to let go of my HDB near WT and buy a unit at WT just across the road.

WT catchment will have to come from HDBs further from MRT, which currently is not very hot. But, may change in the future.

I dun suppose you are a resident of Punggol?

DC33_2008
12-02-12, 10:41
Well! Some people are renting out their HDB flats near punggol and move into their WT 3 - 4years later. So, rental will be competitive in this area.
I agree those HDBs near WT will be in high demand. But then, it is generally known that HDBs near MRT very hard to get cos owners not willing to let go. So, logically, it doesn't make sense for me to let go of my HDB near WT and buy a unit at WT just across the road.

WT catchment will have to come from HDBs further from MRT, which currently is not very hot. But, may change in the future.

I dun suppose you are a resident of Punggol?

ysyap
12-02-12, 10:52
Well! Some people are renting out their HDB flats near punggol and move into their WT 3 - 4years later. So, rental will be competitive in this area.Rental will be competitive in D19. Just look at the number of new projects launched over last 2 years and more to come? H2O, Greenwich, Boathouse, Riversound, Parc Vera, Luxurie, ATT, Watertown, Minton, The Scala plus some smaller projects like Urban Residence, Suites@PL, La Dolce Vita, The Vue, Bliss, Terrasee, D'Zire, Waterline, Space@Kovan, Cardiff Residences plus some which I can't even recall the name... and some more new launches this year, not forgetting ECs from Esparina to Austville and Prive and Twin W... wow... and I haven't even talked about Cluster Houses... I can't believe this district is so so active... :doh:

gfoo
12-02-12, 11:21
Its nothing strange. Is all that bite the FEO marketing w/o looking at fundamental.

no need to say more lah - these people are already vested so obviously they will look at the pros more than the cons. let them be. say more will just stir things

Xan
12-02-12, 11:43
no need to say more lah - these people are already vested so obviously they will look at the pros more than the cons. let them be. say more will just stir things
Likewise for those not vested, they will see cons more than pros.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion other than those names calling and malicious attack. Otherwise how to stir up things? Some had rightfully pointed up rental there will be competitive, which i gotta agree becos what they said make sense.

graveyard
12-02-12, 11:51
Rental will be competitive in D19. Just look at the number of new projects launched over last 2 years and more to come? H2O, Greenwich, Boathouse, Riversound, Parc Vera, Luxurie, ATT, Watertown, Minton, The Scala plus some smaller projects like Urban Residence, Suites@PL, La Dolce Vita, The Vue, Bliss, Terrasee, D'Zire, Waterline, Space@Kovan, Cardiff Residences plus some which I can't even recall the name... and some more new launches this year, not forgetting ECs from Esparina to Austville and Prive and Twin W... wow... and I haven't even talked about Cluster Houses... I can't believe this district is so so active... :doh:

i think this is because the business and entertainmen activites from the city area are increasingly defragmented to these areas, tne housing and commercial rent in city is just too much to stomach, so business move to more outskirts area like harbour front, changi, paya lebar (business hub coming) etc. the land in city is too exp too so developers move to areas like D19 and buy lands and build estates. this district isnt that bad esp when u drive along the highways and by train, the circle line and NE line are quite well integrated and connected to the "red" and "green" lines

graveyard
12-02-12, 11:58
Ads will continue on radio and tv coz money has been paid for those slots, regardless of actual sale situation. sms from agents to go for hi tea and discuss about other projects nearby or further away... :cheers1: I also thought its sold out le... ;)

small ad print out on newspaper to sell the sky patio and soho. geeez today's newspaper has easily >10 pages devoted to properties both overseas (New zealand, indonesia etc) and locally (watertown, nautical, twin waterfall, parc rosewood). ppl are property crazyyy!! :scared-1: