PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ikan bilis
30-01-12, 17:58
Is stamp duty reimbursement by property developer legal?
Published on Jan 30, 2012

THE Government recently introduced the 10 per cent additional buyer's stamp duty for foreigners as a measure to cool the property market.

But Far East Organization has been actively advertising a stamp duty reimbursement promotion for all its new property launches.

This seems to be a blatant attempt by the property developer to dilute the effect of the cooling measure.

Can the Ministry of National Development clarify whether such a practice is legal as it effectively discriminates against Singaporeans in their own country?

No matter what spin Far East gives to its move, reimbursing stamp duty effectively results in the developer selling its units at a lower price to foreigners.

If the Government is serious about placing Singaporeans first, why is it condoning such promotions by Far East?

Samuel Tan
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_760761.html

umm..... feo is a private commercial company/entity... if it wanna give foreigners more discount what you want the govt to do ??... ask govt to tell feo cannot do that ??... heya, feo wanna gives condos free to anyone also nobody can control lah... feo not even a listed company... :beats-me-man:

Allthepies
30-01-12, 18:16
It takes guts to buy a property at any point in time. There is no sure win. Am sure there are many keyboard warriors who have criticised just about every property launched, and are still waiting for prices to drop since maybe 2007?

Yup it really takes a lot of guts to buy at this location, at this price and at this time. :doh:

Yup there is no sure win but there is sure lose :doh:

I'm one of the keyboard warrior who have bought in 10, where there are no frenzy buying :D

Good luck punggoians!

maisonjai
30-01-12, 18:18
His question : If the Government is serious about placing Singaporeans first, why is it condoning such promotions by Far East?

The answer : Over 90% of units sold in Watertown picked up by S'poreans

Or is he asking between MND & FEO who got a bigger stick??? :D

flagship74
30-01-12, 18:28
Latest News: 98% Almost SOLD!!:doh:

pineapple
30-01-12, 18:36
serious ??? :scared-1:

solsys
30-01-12, 18:38
Dear Peter,

I think I need to ask u to Stay Calm and Cool! Haha!
Latest news from the showflats - 750 units sold!

Apparently, many who saw the showflats over last 12 days are eyeing the sky patio units. And now that its launched, all those SP units with full water view - ALL snapped up ... ALL!!!

So, this month, Jan 2012, we should see private property sales rebound by more than 100% from Dec 2011. 100% !!!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

KBW must be thinking, "I scored an own goal with CM5."

Regulators
30-01-12, 18:50
The selling price already factors in the reimbursement so nothing to hoohah about
His question : If the Government is serious about placing Singaporeans first, why is it condoning such promotions by Far East?

The answer : Over 90% of units sold in Watertown picked up by S'poreans

Or is he asking between MND & FEO who got a bigger stick??? :D

teddybear
30-01-12, 19:32
No no you don't understand. The guy is complaining that he paid more than the foreigner to the developer (although including the 10% ABSD may be both paid same price)!!! :doh:
Govt owe him a cheap house! He is taking for granted that CM5 is to make private property cheaper for him a citizen to buy than foreigner! May be govt should make their stand clear to him what is the true reason for CM5? :p

The selling price already factors in the reimbursement so nothing to hoohah about

kane
30-01-12, 20:04

98% of launched or total project?

Xan
30-01-12, 20:40

I don't think selling that fast.
Which source you heard from?

Xan
30-01-12, 20:52
Yup it really takes a lot of guts to buy at this location, at this price and at this time. :doh:

Yup there is no sure win but there is sure lose :doh:

I'm one of the keyboard warrior who have bought in 10, where there are no frenzy buying :D

Good luck punggoians!

For early bird buyers, not sure will win but most likely won't lose either.

Good luck dude. Enjoy your waiting :)

snoopy
30-01-12, 20:52
KBW must be thinking, "I scored an own goal with CM5."

No need for anymore CM. there are so many cheaper options but we Singaporeans choose the expensive ones. So don't blame anyone

Allthepies
30-01-12, 20:55
For early bird buyers, not sure will win but most likely won't lose either.

Good luck dude. Enjoy your waiting :)

Not waiting, as I said before have move on to other opportunities :D

Xan
30-01-12, 20:59
Not waiting, as I said before have move on to other opportunities :D

Ok......all the best. :)

bargain hunter
31-01-12, 07:25
Far East Organization, Fraser Centrepoint and Sekisui House continue to achieve impressive sales at Watertown in Punggol, moving 148 more units over the weekend. They have now sold 744 units in the project since Jan 18. Transacted prices range from $980 psf to $1,500 psf.
So far, 901 of the project's 992 units have been released. The most popular are the one and two-bedroom suites (527-646 sq ft) and the two- and three-bedroom units (904-1,259 sq ft). All 385 suites have been been sold. Ninety per cent of the project's buyers are Singaporeans.
Market watchers credit strong sales to the developers' marketing strategy, offering much-coveted waterfront living integrated with a mall (Waterway Point) and the Punggol MRT Station.

ysyap
31-01-12, 08:23
No need for anymore CM. there are so many cheaper options but we Singaporeans choose the expensive ones. So don't blame anyoneUnfortunately KBW's tenure has already seen one CM within 6 months. Can we expect anything less? :cheers6:

minority
31-01-12, 21:51

so many carrots!

ysyap
01-02-12, 05:12
The success of this project will boost confidence for the site at Bartley MRT as well as Bishan MRT... but developers must be careful about the price too... a bit high is ok but not too greedy... ;)

Mr Khaw and his team are watching closely like a hawk with many eyes! :jason: :mrT: :expert: :smiling-jap: :jackass: :OldFart:

Xan
01-02-12, 05:44
so many carrots!

Ya, at the same time, there's also many sour grapes. :D

hyenergix
01-02-12, 06:24

I think really carrot-headed at >$1100 psf at that location. ATT $8xx psf is a good buy.

Xan
01-02-12, 07:38
I think really carrot-headed at >$1100 psf at that location. ATT $8xx psf is a good buy.

Luckily some bros here and myself bought below 1100psf.
Else we also kenna labelled as "carrot head". :D

toiletsiao
01-02-12, 07:48
Luckily some bros here and myself bought below 1100psf.
Else we also kenna labelled as "carrot head". :D

Congrats on our purchase... An additional benefit is u r entitled to loyalty discount for future feo projects...nice option to have if you choose to buy feo projects again...

Xan
01-02-12, 08:15
Congrats on our purchase... An additional benefit is u r entitled to loyalty discount for future feo projects...nice option to have if you choose to buy feo projects again...

haha i scared already, wait buy another one minority will come out and shout at me : "carrot head x 2" :ashamed1:

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 08:17
This project lowest psf is 1kpsf .... very soon no OCR project psf will be below 1kpsf ... anything below 1kpsf is cheap :cheers5:

Xan
01-02-12, 08:23
This project lowest psf is 1kpsf .... very soon no OCR project psf will be below 1kpsf ... anything below 1kpsf is cheap :cheers5:

And also when buying OCR, most people are looking for mix development and convenience in transport/MRT etc.
which makes psf< 1000psf seems impossible.
Unless you dont mind buying at high quantum. (anyway, might not be true in future for such dev to exist)

Worsty
01-02-12, 08:23
No need for anymore CM. there are so many cheaper options but we Singaporeans choose the expensive ones. So don't blame anyone

New launches are easier to purchase compared to resale (less cash outlay right away). Think the immediate servicing of the loan + cash upfront required for reno with resale and the deferring and years to save up for the former.

Xan
01-02-12, 10:55

are u talking about 98% of the whole project or current launch (which exclude units not released)?

bargain hunter
01-02-12, 13:24
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

ticker says 750 sold. so likely 98% of units launched. if 98% of project sold, no need for the extensive ads on ALL channels, free or cable throughout the day liao. :ashamed1:

are u talking about 98% of the whole project or current launch (which exclude units not released)?

ulrich76
01-02-12, 15:03

There may be buyers who are so rich they dun give a damn whether the price go up or drop later. Down here we are saying 900psf cheap or 1200 psf expensive. To them there is no diff

Xan
01-02-12, 15:32
I went in ATT forum last year, also seen this kinda sour grapes shouting 850-950psf damn expensive for such ulu location, and calling those who bought ATT "carrot head", "insane", "crazy" etc.

You don't want to congratulate these people its ok lah, why act like a loser and resort to names calling?

That time I didnt buy ATT and I see those poor ATT buyers get criticized I also feel pissed and sorry for them. What makes you think they had made a wrong decision? Now you see, ATT buyers are the winners after WT launch.

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 15:33
I went in ATT forum last year, also seen this kinda sour grapes shouting 850-950psf damn expensive for such ulu location, and calling those who bought ATT "carrot head", "insane", "crazy" etc.

You don't want to congratulate these people its ok lah, why act like a loser and resort to names calling?

That time I didnt bought ATT and I see those poor ATT buyers get criticized I also feel pissed. What makes you think they had made a wrong decision? Now you see, ATT buyers are the winners after WT launch.

not so fast, ATT quantum is much bigger, at the end not much diff .. of course, both projects can make $$ as long as there is no draconian demand side policy from garmen ... how about ABSD 20% for 2nd home :scared-1:

IMHO, ATT and WT buyers bought at reasonable PSF (except of course those > 1300psf sky patios), but beware of policy risk going forward

Xan
01-02-12, 15:35
not so fast, ATT quantum is much bigger, at the end not much diff .. of course, both projects can make $$ as long as there is no harsh demand side policy from garmen

Comparing large quantum units betw ATT and WT, ATT buyers are still benefitting.
This is an undeniable fact.

with regards to what future CMs that might be introduced, no one has any control.

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 15:36
Comparing large quantum units betw ATT and WT, ATT buyers are still benefitting.
This is an undeniable fact.

You sound like bao jia :rolleyes:

Xan
01-02-12, 15:38
You sound like bao jia :rolleyes:

I based on facts and figures, not gut feel.
Even I'm vested in WT, but I cannot deny the fact those who bought big units at ATT is benefitting from WT's launch.

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 15:41
I based on facts and figures, not gut feel.
Even I'm vested in WT, but I cannot deny the fact those who bought big units at ATT is benefitting from WT's launch.

Benefiting on paper, don't forget the 4y SSD and potential policy risk going forward ;)

Frankly speaking, the entire PC market is benefiting from WT "on paper", not just ATT ...

GForce
01-02-12, 15:52
Winner of the day is FEO, just look at Hillier, Tennery n WT.

Xan
01-02-12, 17:14
Benefiting on paper, don't forget the 4y SSD and potential policy risk going forward ;)

Frankly speaking, the entire PC market is benefiting from WT "on paper", not just ATT ...

For once, I'm also worry with more CMs and policy change, it will deter property investment.
And I naively wait, hoping one day property price will crash and CMs will be removed. (Probably this is what Mr B hopes for)

But then, whats my opportunity cost? How long can I live? How long can I wait? As I get older, would bank still approve my loan? - so these are the qns I ask myself.

Some sharp forumers had already pointed out... govt's intention is to curb speculation but not crash the property in singapore. I enjoy the slow growth in property price rather than hoping it to rise and fall so drastically overnight which might led to property crash.

Our govt very smart.
They will not remove the 4 yr SSD and LTV, and for those who are out there hoping this to happen, it is very unlikely. Even with recent CMs, the sales for some projects with great convenience in terms of amendities are selling quite well, if govt remove the CM, its like opening the gate for all hungry ghost to flock in and this will create another round of unhealthy hype in price.

I believe all 750 WT buyers; no one bought for quick flip now. The mindset is more for long term investment or self stay especially sites that can give you the convenience. Since WT satisfy all the requirements (e.g, convenience, low quantum, nice landscape garden for recreation activity etc) I dont see why I should hold my spare cash tight tight and bring them into coffin.

Afterall, I disagree that the entire PC market is benefitting from WT for paper gain. You go see other PC showflat which are at poorer location, they had been selling for years but still cannot move. Obviously your statement cannot hold.

Sorry if I've said too much and this is usually not me. Because talk more, offend people more :)

teddybear
01-02-12, 18:24
Their policies also untentionally or intentionally penalizes people buying resale and encourages people to buy new launch.
As I mention before, last time they encourage many people to study IT, and then many IT graduates end up jobless because of oversupply. After that, they encourage many to study Biotech, and many Biotech graduates end up ???. Please remember these and see the analogy to the incentives of buying new launch properties. :p

For once, I'm also worry with more CMs and policy change, it will deter property investment.
And I naively wait, hoping one day property price will crash and CMs will be removed. (Probably this is what Mr B hopes for)

But then, whats my opportunity cost? How long can I live? How long can I wait? As I get older, would bank still approve my loan? - so these are the qns I ask myself.

Some sharp forumers had already pointed out... govt's intention is to curb speculation but not crash the property in singapore. I enjoy the slow growth in property price rather than hoping it to rise and fall so drastically overnight which might led to property crash.

Our govt very smart.
They will not remove the 4 yr SSD and LTV, and for those who are out there hoping this to happen, it is very unlikely. Even with recent CMs, the sales for some projects with great convenience in terms of amendities are selling quite well, if govt remove the CM, its like opening the gate for all hungry ghost to flock in and this will create another round of unhealthy hype in price.

I believe all 750 WT buyers; no one bought for quick flip now. The mindset is more for long term investment or self stay especially sites that can give you the convenience. Since WT satisfy all the requirements (e.g, convenience, low quantum, nice landscape garden for recreation activity etc) I dont see why I should hold my spare cash tight tight and bring them into coffin.

Afterall, I disagree that the entire PC market is benefitting from WT for paper gain. You go see other PC showflat which are at poorer location, they had been selling for years but still cannot move. Obviously your statement cannot hold.

Sorry if I've said too much and this is usually not me. Because talk more, offend people more :)

ulrich76
01-02-12, 18:40

Our govt very smart.

Dun worry, u make perfect sense. People can say all they want. Who will be staying in condo linked to mall, cinema and MRT? Not keyboard warriors like us for sure

kane
01-02-12, 19:27
Dun worry, u make perfect sense. People can say all they want. Who will be staying in condo linked to mall, cinema and MRT? Not keyboard warriors like us for sure

I must say I would certainly enjoy the idea of staying above a cineplex. If only the price was right.

Xan
01-02-12, 19:32
I must say I would certainly enjoy the idea of staying above a cineplex. If only the price was right.

That's the reason why we feel the price is right, 500+k above mall, mrt, cinema, nice landscape garden with lotsa recreation activities. I seriously dunno where else I can find.

You want to recommend me any place?

kane
01-02-12, 19:37
That's the reason why we feel the price is right, 500+k above mall, mrt, cinema, nice landscape garden with lotsa recreation activities. I seriously dunno where else I can find.

I don't have any place to recommend. The price is too rich for my vein that's all. Great if you like your buy price.

amk
01-02-12, 19:46

But why do you *have* to invest your 200k in a property ? (I assumed 60% LTV). or the upfront 100k now ? is it because there is no other avenue for this investment ? Is it because you believe pty investment in SG is bao jiat ?

Just yesterday you can have a new issue of corporate bond in SGD yielding 5% 10 yrs (callable at 5th). issuer is a AAA rated bank. I can get a nice 5% with relative small risk, tax free, hassle free.

Or imagine next week budget the gov introduces a iBond just like HK ...

ulrich76
01-02-12, 20:04
But why do you *have* to invest your 200k in a property ? (I assumed 60% LTV). or the upfront 100k now ? is it because there is no other avenue for this investment ? Is it because you believe pty investment in SG is bao jiat ?

Just yesterday you can have a new issue of corporate bond in SGD yielding 5% 10 yrs (callable at 5th). issuer is a AAA rated bank. I can get a nice 5% with relative small risk, tax free, hassle free.

Always remember, money is just a means to an end. Money is not yours until you have spent it...

Kenshinto80
01-02-12, 20:28
Me too! Watch midnight show finish can just walk back home...so convenient.

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 20:31

iBond or corp bond where got adrenaline rush .... seeing WT sold off itself is psychologically fulfilling

what is the min sum to invest in your AAA rated bank?

phantom_opera
01-02-12, 20:38
Xan, what is the cheapest 1br ... more like 599k or 501k? :p

Cheapest should be 1000psf isn't it for super-west-sun facing suites?

kane
01-02-12, 21:43
Me too! Watch midnight show finish can just walk back home...so convenient.

until then, i just have to pay $10 to take a cab home. lol.

ulrich, your quote of "Money is not yours until you have spent it..." is pretty interesting, you're not the first person whom I have heard saying it this week.

howgozit
01-02-12, 22:17
But Singapore is so small.
Stay anyway also can get the smell.

Looking at the wind patterns in Singapore you will see that there are 2 tradewinds affecting this island state. North East Monsoons from roughly Nov-Mar and South West Monsoons from Jun-Sep. In between the trade winds shift is called the inter-monsoonal periods.

If you examine the wind patterns against the map of Singapore you will see that the East Coast area is least affected. At any time of the year, the East Coast to Changi Area is not affected by the incinerators at Senoko, refineries in Bukom or toxic gases from the Pasir Gudang plants.

It is however still affected by the forest fires in Indonesia during the SW monsoons.

pineapple
01-02-12, 22:17
Xan, what is the cheapest 1br ... more like 599k or 501k? :p

Cheapest should be 1000psf isn't it for super-west-sun facing suites?

I was there at the preview. the cheapest 1br is ard 530k after discount and though not west sun facing.

Molotov
01-02-12, 22:50
Xan fret not, all launches will hv the usual suspects of naysayers who cast gloom and poke fun at their richer, braver counterparts.
Their profile is typical:
1) not enough cash
2) stuck with bto flat
3) not enough in oa and sa
4) invested in the wrong property with no growth
5)waiting till neck long long for prices to drop to bto levels hoping to buy their first PC
6) SOUR GRAPES!
They are coffee table generals who daydream..
Oh they LIE all the time about their" so and so friends" who went bankrupt buying the
e wrong property etc etc...
Sit back and enjoy all that WT can offer to u!
By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those losers...
...my 2 ¢ worth..

phantom_opera
02-02-12, 07:44
Cheapest 530sqft at 1kpsf ok la, still thirty percent cheaper than bedok, 2k rental compete with 3r hdb at kovan may have takers

Xan
02-02-12, 08:50
Xan fret not, all launches will hv the usual suspects of naysayers who cast gloom and poke fun at their richer, braver counterparts.
1) not enough cash
2) stuck with bto flat
5)waiting till neck long long for prices to drop to bto levels hoping to buy their first PC
6) SOUR GRAPES!
Oh they LIE all the time about their" so and so friends" who went bankrupt buying the
By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those losers...
...my 2 ¢ worth..

Thanks for your support.
Alamak, this is your first post? Hey dont sabo me leh, wait people think I re-register another account and support my own statement. lol

No lar, I just dont like the fact that 750 WT buyers (in fact 800 plus already according to my agent) are labelled as "carrot head".
I dont think these buyers never do their calculation and comparison before they bought this project because afterall it involved quite a big sum of money.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying the smell and the jet part.
I'm not staying punggol so I dont know.
So are you one of the WT buyer? if yes, which unit you bought?

azeoprop
02-02-12, 09:47
The sales number speaks for themselves. There is a demand for such location and the pricing is reasonable.

Look at The Luxurie, similar attributes but so poor sales. Why?

:beats-me-man:

ysyap
02-02-12, 09:49
The sales number speaks for themselves. There is a demand for such location and the pricing is reasonable.

Look at The Luxurie, similar attributes but so poor sales. Why?

:beats-me-man:Luxurie developer must be lamenting their sales figures now... :scared-4:

DC33_2008
02-02-12, 09:54
It could be due ot Feng Shui which Luxurie site does not have.
Luxurie developer must be lamenting their sales figures now... :scared-4:

Xan
02-02-12, 10:15
I was there at the preview. the cheapest 1br is ard 530k after discount and though not west sun facing.

ya, i see the price i already very tempted to buy.
Initially I was waiting for the yishun hub.
But i scare Yishun hub might not be cheap as well, or maybe dont have those of lower quantum, so in the end commit to WT.
This one got nicer scenery and more recreational activity around, think shopping mall is newer and bigger. Looks more exciting.

ay123
02-02-12, 10:21
But i scare Yishun hub might not be cheap as well, or maybe dont have those of lower quantum, so in the end commit to WT.
This one got nicer scenery and more recreational activity around, think shopping mall is newer and bigger. Looks more exciting.

why Yishun? is a mature estate but not much to offer leh.....

Xan
02-02-12, 10:32

Because that place is affordable in terms of housing and its a mature estate.

bargain hunter
02-02-12, 10:42
771 sold liao

Molotov
02-02-12, 10:50
Thanks for your support.
Alamak, this is your first post? Hey dont sabo me leh, wait people think I re-register another account and support my own statement. lol

No lar, I just dont like the fact that 750 WT buyers (in fact 800 plus already according to my agent) are labelled as "carrot head".
I dont think these buyers never do their calculation and comparison before they bought this project because afterall it involved quite a big sum of money.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying the smell and the jet part.
I'm not staying punggol so I dont know.
So are you one of the WT buyer? if yes, which unit you bought?

Ha I am a newbie here. No relation at all to you.

To think that the "generals" and doomsday fortune tellers actually preach and believe that the 750 WT buyers were foolish, dumb (and dumber) to be swayed by the "hype" FEO creates and the cheap sales talk of the agents is nothing short of crappy talk.

I mean people are parting with hundreds of thousands to million of dollars to commit to their dream investment - this is high involvement purchase !!

Typing on the keyboard is low-involvement. period.

Montaigne
02-02-12, 10:52
1) not enough cash
2) stuck with bto flat
6) SOUR GRAPES!
By the way i hv been a Punggolian (still is) for 9 years - smell? Jets? Don't listen to those loser
...my 2 ¢ worth..

Sound like basic lol

Molotov
02-02-12, 10:58
Sound like basic lol
it's basic. it's worth 2 cents...

Pro888
02-02-12, 11:13

I think otherwise leh.

Existing shopping mall combine with the future mall will be much bigger than WT. Looking at the size of the current bus interchange & 3 blks of shop hses which going to tear down. Land further is slated for institution, so near the heart of Yishun, got only 1 PC. No competition.

Yishun safra, orchid country club, bottletree, hospital etc.

Buying of grocery is such a ease which you can get it from Chong Pang, Neighbourhood 2, 4, 8 etc.

Something big will be planned for Woodland ctr. Coming very soon......:D

Those vested in Rosewood area. :cheers4:

Pro888
02-02-12, 11:18

It will not be cheap and the going trend will be the same. Smaller quantum, small unit, easy to sell and higher return for the developer. :D

Wild Falcon
02-02-12, 11:31
BTW, what is the average PSF for Watertown? I notice FEO is very upfront disclosing the average PSF of Hillier of 1224psf, but for watertown it's not and FEO such give a HUGE range from 900 to 1500psf which is meaningless.

Nobody saying buyers of Watertown foolish lah. Some of us just don't believe there is much upside to property prices anymore. Even URA indexes are weakening every month. But if you think now is the right entry point, go ahead.

BTW, the old birds in this forum do have other investments and hv made good money during the bull run. Many of us just feel, the upside is not worth the risk anymore, and we have better places or other asset classes other than residential property to invest. Just because some of us think its not a good time to invest today doesn't mean we have no money. Got money also must invest wisely right?

You must quite new in property investment?

Ha I am a newbie here. No relation at all to you.

To think that the "generals" and doomsday fortune tellers actually preach and believe that the 750 WT buyers were foolish, dumb (and dumber) to be swayed by the "hype" FEO creates and the cheap sales talk of the agents is nothing short of crappy talk.

I mean people are parting with hundreds of thousands to million of dollars to commit to their dream investment - this is high involvement purchase !!

Typing on the keyboard is low-involvement. period.

Molotov
02-02-12, 11:55
BTW, what is the average PSF for Watertown? I notice FEO is very upfront disclosing the average PSF of Hillier of 1224psf, but for watertown it's not and FEO such give a HUGE range from 900 to 1500psf which is meaningless.

Nobody saying buyers of Watertown foolish lah. Some of us just don't believe there is much upside to property prices anymore. Even URA indexes are weakening every month. But if you think now is the right entry point, go ahead.

BTW, the old birds in this forum do have other investments and hv made good money during the bull run. Many of us just feel, the upside is not worth the risk anymore, and we have better places or other asset classes other than residential property to invest. Just because some of us think its not a good time to invest today doesn't mean we have no money. Got money also must invest wisely right?

You must quite new in property investment?

You have money but don't want to take risk now, fine.
Others have money too but want to take risk, got an issue here?
Oh by the way, new here, only.

Xan
02-02-12, 13:44
Actually this is just based on personal experience.

I noticed that a lot of buyers (be it WT, ATT or even other projects) are very eager to share their purchase and excitement in this forum after they had made their investment.

However, usually this is not well received.
Some of them dont dare to speak too much simply because if talk more, they will invite more criticism, sarcasm or even names calling like "carrot head" etc. By saying this, do you think all the buyers will regret their purchase?
Nay i don't think so.

Some forumers will then start to question why these buyers wanted to make such investment. Words like "stupid" "crazy" "brainless" "insane" all came out.
The poor buyers will then try very hard to explain and defend.
However, the next thing that is likely to happen is they will be accused of being "defensive" because they are vested in that project.

I've been in this forum as long as some of the "old birds" (till now - my 4th purchase) but I realize things has not been changing. The only way to make the discussions more constructive is to put aside personal agendas but focus on why the sales is so good or why the sales is not performing, adv and disadv of the project, economy outlook etc.

Else those who are doing the talking are still the same old group of people
(in fact keep seeing the same people talk also damn sianz) and those who are new and eager to offer a different perspective might not even feel comfortable to share.
We might missed out impt details from others who could offer us a different insight.

Montaigne
02-02-12, 14:03
From the bottom of my heart. I personally think that WT and ATT is really good buy. From someone who is not vest in ANY property yet. I am tempted, but no green light from partner. ATT I tempted. WT I also tempted. Bedok res, Bliss@kovan, luxurie etc, I NOT tempted wor.

Xan
02-02-12, 14:11
From the bottom of my heart. I personally think that WT and ATT is really good buy. From someone who is not vest in ANY property yet. I am tempted, but no green light from partner. ATT I tempted. WT I also tempted. Bedok res, Bliss@kovan, luxurie etc, I NOT tempted wor.

I do have "small quarrels" with wifey over PC purchase sometimes.
My wife does not like WT though.
I gotta "convince", "convince" and "convince". :D

propertychap
02-02-12, 14:50
What's the big thing coming up at Woodlands Centre?
Is WT better than Bedok Resi or Bliss@Kovan? Location wise, Bedok or Kovan better than Punggol?

ulrich76
02-02-12, 14:56

Actually I think we need 2 sections to this forum.
Buy and stay & Buy and invest

The motivations are very different. For buy and stay, the specific location is very important. For such a person, maybe even Cairnhill condos are not as desirable as WT. If I have no car, no maid, no need to go town, like to watch movies and jog at open spaces, Cairnhill condos cannot provide.

For buy and invest, of course only a "carrot" will buy WT if WT and Cairnhill psf is very close.

So of course people will argue with each other here, because they are talking about different motivations!

howgozit
02-02-12, 16:04
it's basic. it's worth 2 cents...

I think he was referring to another forummer called basic.

ulrich76
02-02-12, 16:32
Is WT better than Bedok Resi or Bliss@Kovan? Location wise, Bedok or Kovan better than Punggol?

ask yourself this question, what matters to you?
- good school
- MRT to get around
- food court, wet market, clinic

I made the mistake of buying a freehold condo not near amenities cos everyone tell me must buy freehold. Now I shifted to Sengkang and can get a piping hot kopi-o within 5 mins walk.

howgozit
02-02-12, 16:54

Bro... no need to get upset lah. You are right, being new here doesn't mean new to property investment or vice versa.

But obviously you have vested interests and it shows in your defensiveness. This being an open forum surely you cannot expect everyone to agree with you right?

minority
02-02-12, 17:04

Agree definitely a case of many carrots

Rosy
02-02-12, 17:51
why you need to be rude?

ecimbew
02-02-12, 17:51

:) I'm going to stew some carrots later.
Sorry not being rude here
Just triggered my urge to eat carrots

sh
02-02-12, 18:00
:) I'm going to stew some carrots later.
Sorry not being rude here
Just triggered my urge to eat carrots

carrot also got many types...

red one or white one?:beats-me-man:

carrot cake also got angmo type or singaporean type, black or white one...:confused:

but we digress.....:D

Montaigne
02-02-12, 20:12

1st bedok
2nd kovan
3rd punggol

Anyone beg to differ?

kane
02-02-12, 20:50
I think those buy 1100 and below probably got some chance of upside in a 5-10 year hori

minority
02-02-12, 21:29
I think those buy 1100 and below probably got some chance of upside in a 5-10 year hori

I think in terms of % agent more upside.

Kenshinto80
02-02-12, 21:33
ask yourself this question, what matters to you?
- good school
- MRT to get around
- food court, wet market, clinic

I made the mistake of buying a freehold condo not near amenities cos everyone tell me must buy freehold. Now I shifted to Sengkang and can get a piping hot kopi-o within 5 mins walk.
Very very well said!

Kenshinto80
02-02-12, 21:43
Actually this is just based on personal experience.

I noticed that a lot of buyers (be it WT, ATT or even other projects) are very eager to share their purchase and excitement in this forum after they had made their investment.

However, usually this is not well received.
Some of them dont dare to speak too much simply because if talk more, they will invite more criticism, sarcasm or even names calling like "carrot head" etc. By saying this, do you think all the buyers will regret their purchase?
Nay i don't think so.

Some forumers will then start to question why these buyers wanted to make such investment. Words like "stupid" "crazy" "brainless" "insane" all came out.
The poor buyers will then try very hard to explain and defend.
However, the next thing that is likely to happen is they will be accused of being "defensive" because they are vested in that project.

I've been in this forum as long as some of the "old birds" (till now - my 4th purchase) but I realize things has not been changing. The only way to make the discussions more constructive is to put aside personal agendas but focus on why the sales is so good or why the sales is not performing, adv and disadv of the project, economy outlook etc.

Else those who are doing the talking are still the same old group of people
(in fact keep seeing the same people talk also damn sianz) and those who are new and eager to offer a different perspective might not even feel comfortable to share.
We might missed out impt details from others who could offer us a different insight.
Very true. And also dun follow herd thinking. Also resist sharing what you have purchase on this forum. Buy what you think is a good buy as long as you got holding power n can see the potential. Pple just like to criticise....human nature.

kane
02-02-12, 22:23
i didn't manage to finish my sentence on the phone for some reason. I also wanted to say, those who pay $1,400-$1,500, I wonder where the upside will come from. And if it does go to $2,000 in some distant future, i think it could be relatively better to buy some subsale at $1,000 and below with some degree of convenience of transport and ammenities.

sotidy
02-02-12, 22:39
Very true. And also dun follow herd thinking. Also resist sharing what you have purchase on this forum. Buy what you think is a good buy as long as you got holding power n can see the potential. Pple just like to criticise....human nature.

Agree agree agree!!! :D

I mentioned in another thread before that this forum is a rich source of information but there are numerous opinions. Best is to just use the information for own assessment (and ignore the opinions).:D

Montaigne
03-02-12, 07:15
i didn't manage to finish my sentence on the phone for some reason. I also wanted to say, those who pay $1,400-$1,500, I wonder where the upside will come from. And if it does go to $2,000 in some distant future, i think it could be relatively better to buy some subsale at $1,000 and below with some degree of convenience of transport and ammenities.

If indeed $2k in future, current subsales will be dunno how many years old already. UNless you are talking abt those less than 5 years old subsale. But unlikely at only 1kpsf and below for location as goo as WT.

kane
03-02-12, 07:21
If indeed $2k in future, current subsales will be dunno how many years old already. UNless you are talking abt those less than 5 years old subsale. But unlikely at only 1kpsf and below for location as goo as WT.

Yes, subsale maybe by then 8-9 years old and watertown is maybe 5 years old. Not on top of a mall but perhaps nearby say 10mins walk.

Wild Falcon
03-02-12, 09:09
No issue. Precisely. There are different views. So if someone say not a good investment, you just take it in your stride lah. Don't have to say others got no money. If buy Watertown at $1100psf, it could go up to $1500psf in 5 years time. Then you would have made 5% return (net of transaction costs) in a year which is not too bad but nothing to shout. But the $1500psf is a BIG IF - looking at the supply and not forgetting is at one far end. So there are people who feel the upside is not that fantastic. That's all. And of course URA indexes are telling and resale index already down. Even the developers REDAS are getting bearish. It's fine to be bullish but don't put down others no money just because they think upside is no longer worth the risk.

Xan
03-02-12, 10:06
No issue. Precisely. There are different views. So if someone say not a good investment, you just take it in your stride lah. Don't have to say others got no money. If buy Watertown at $1100psf, it could go up to $1500psf in 5 years time. Then you would have made 5% return (net of transaction costs) in a year which is not too bad but nothing to shout. But the $1500psf is a BIG IF - looking at the supply and not forgetting is at one far end. So there are people who feel the upside is not that fantastic. That's all. And of course URA indexes are telling and resale index already down. Even the developers REDAS are getting bearish. It's fine to be bullish but don't put down others no money just because they think upside is no longer worth the risk.

Dont forget Boonlay is at another far end of singapore and look at centris now, the price had doubled. Boonlay even empowdered with funny cocoa smell whenever I pass by there while Punggol I had not smell anything funny yet.

Nothing is absolute. Amenities and MRT convenience are still the key factors people looking for, else other projects like riversound will not be swatting flies even if it is selling at 300+psf cheaper than WT.
Then you can also say riversound got more upside coz its only 850psf and is likely to hit 1100psf in 5 years time. If this is what you think, then why so skeptical of WT being able to hit 1500psf in near furture? Price rise and fall in tandem, bro.

The truth is, if developer sales for a project is not moving at all at this point of time, then we dont even need to talk about its upsides. WT obviously had crossed over its first hurdle (judging from its recent sales record) and then subsequently, subsale, rental demand will take place, and slowly you can then see the upsides coming along the way. Good thing is, most units are of low quantum (below 1 mil) and I believe most of the WT buyers have the ability to hold in bad times.

The big "IF" comes to my mind before when I purchase my first property at 430psf back in 2005, where economy outlook was gloomy then. No one expect it to have doubled in a short period of time when economy starts to pick up in 2007. Then I quickly cash out.

In conclusion nothing is absolute.
WT buyers know they cant predict the future. But they know a few things cannot run away: low quantum (= low risk), amendities and mrt convenience. Which I think valid enough for them to commit.

I hope I am able to justify and reasoned appropriately and not come across to the rest as being defensive. :ashamed1:

Rosy
03-02-12, 10:17
Nothing wrong to be defensive when you have vested interest. It is perfectly normal as long as you put across your view points objectively and most importantly in a non-offensive manner.

likewise to those who point out the negative points about the project.

The important thing to take note is to respect fellow forum friends.

peterng8
03-02-12, 10:43

$2K psf?? at punggol watertown? wow...either the whole SG property super bull run with another MBT in seat of the game master table or SG dollars is banana dollars..:p

Rosy
03-02-12, 11:03
$2K psf?? at punggol watertown? wow...either the whole SG property super bull run with another MBT in seat of the game master table or SG dollars is banana dollars..:p
Why not? He/She never put down a timeline. 50-100yrs later, 2k psf is too low for punggol? perhaps HDB will be 2kpsf 100yrs later

Molotov
03-02-12, 11:32
Bro... no need to get upset lah. You are right, being new here doesn't mean new to property investment or vice versa.

But obviously you have vested interests and it shows in your defensiveness. This being an open forum surely you cannot expect everyone to agree with you right?

Where got upset bro?
It's funny when someone appears defensive, he/she is for sure a property agent or some carrot head who has vested interest in a particular project that a few are pouring cold water on.

The extent to your disagreeing with one forumer can be at large matched by his extent of not agreeing with your opinion. it's an endless pit. So surely while i dont expect everyone to agree with me, chances are your views might not be shared by many others as well

Did the definition of sour grapes hit your nerve somewhere that you have to post this reply. If it did, no need to get so upset lah.

I am surely out of your league!

peterng8
03-02-12, 11:58
Why not? He/She never put down a timeline. 50-100yrs later, 2k psf is too low for punggol? perhaps HDB will be 2kpsf 100yrs later

if the timeline is so long as u mentioned..maybe possible:D ...but to other projects at that time horizon as this one will be lao kok kok liao unless enbloc huh and top up land lease?:p but dont be a wet blanket must say huat buy buy...ka ka hoot...:p

ysyap
03-02-12, 12:07
1st bedok
2nd kovan
3rd punggol

Anyone beg to differ?1st Kovan, 2nd Bedok, 3rd Punggol.
Bedok feels too matured a town le... too crowded... not to my liking... :D

fclim
03-02-12, 12:22
1st Kovan, 2nd Bedok, 3rd Punggol.
Bedok feels too matured a town le... too crowded... not to my liking... :D

Me too. Bedok too many HDB flats. PIE always jam either way. Kovan got more landed housing and near many good schools too.

Rosy
03-02-12, 12:28
if the timeline is so long as u mentioned..maybe possible:D ...but to other projects at that time horizon as this one will be lao kok kok liao unless enbloc huh and top up land lease?:p but dont be a wet blanket must say huat buy buy...ka ka hoot...:p

i just want to point out the fact he/she never state a timeline.

Thats all i wanted to convey.

Lets KISS

Rosy
03-02-12, 12:30
Me too. Bedok too many HDB flats. PIE always jam either way. Kovan got more landed housing and near many good schools too.

both kovan and bedok are commanding similar prices now right?

ysyap
03-02-12, 12:33
both kovan and bedok are commanding similar prices now right?Roughly but in terms of amenities, its debatable and nearness to city is also debatable! :rolleyes:

forte
03-02-12, 15:08
Roughly but in terms of amenities, its debatable and nearness to city is also debatable! :rolleyes:

I guess if going to CBD area Bedok slightly more convenient since the EW line is direct no need to change....also Bedok nearer to East Coast area so pple looking for lifestyle living its nearer to seaside and the beaches so may rate Bedok higher...

phantom_opera
03-02-12, 17:55
Bedok can get to Ecp and airport faster and close to changi biz park

kane
03-02-12, 18:04
And people who work in jurong island or tuas will prefer jurong east/west.

howgozit
03-02-12, 18:24
Wah... bro

I have never said anything negative about Watertown, disagreed with its advantages, called anybody carrot head or what not. Surely you are overly sensitive.

Sour grapes? A bit presumtuous of you don't you think? What makes you say that?

You say I am surely out of your league?... Hmm... on that, you are probably right... but I am not too sure I want to be in your league.

Anyway, you do seem very upset from your tone and accusations. I apologise if I caused it.

Best of luck, I do hope Watertown shoots to $1500psf as well like some bro here projected... hmm.... I wonder what the rest of Singapore's property will be like if Watertown hits $1500psf....

Cheers!

Where got upset bro?
It's funny when someone appears defensive, he/she is for sure a property agent or some carrot head who has vested interest in a particular project that a few are pouring cold water on.

The extent to your disagreeing with one forumer can be at large matched by his extent of not agreeing with your opinion. it's an endless pit. So surely while i dont expect everyone to agree with me, chances are your views might not be shared by many others as well

Did the definition of sour grapes hit your nerve somewhere that you have to post this reply. If it did, no need to get so upset lah.

I am surely out of your league!

Xan
03-02-12, 21:44
Wah... bro

I have never said anything negative about Watertown, disagreed with its advantages, called anybody carrot head or what not. Surely you are overly sensitive.

Sour grapes? A bit presumtuous of you don't you think? What makes you say that?

You say I am surely out of your league?... Hmm... on that, you are probably right... but I am not too sure I want to be in your league.

Anyway, you do seem very upset from your tone and accusations. I apologise if I caused it.

Best of luck, I do hope Watertown shoots to $1500psf as well like some bro here projected... hmm.... I wonder what the rest of Singapore's property will be like if Watertown hits $1500psf....

Cheers!

2 years back I heard everyone saying yishun PC at 800psf is totally uncalled for. Latest estuary transaction is now 1000+psf. When u say the same thing abt WT now, it's like de ja vu.... Something similar of what I hv heard in 2010. :)

fclim
03-02-12, 23:33
2 years back I heard everyone saying yishun PC at 800psf is totally uncalled for. Latest estuary transaction is now 1000+psf. When u say the same thing abt WT now, it's like de ja vu.... Something similar of what I hv heard in 2010. :)

I think howgozit point is, there is a pecking order. If Estuary is $1000 psf, Clover will be $1,200 psf, The Arte will be $1,500 psf and so on. If WT hits $1,500 psf, 8@Woodleigh cannot be $800 psf right? You can disagree with this though.

Anyway, we all hope so since we are all vested in one property or another, except maybe one Bas** guy.

ppty
03-02-12, 23:40
if only it works the way we want it - the sad fact is that the buyers are all rushing to new launches - and sub sales are kinda of 'neglected'

so what happens - the same WT or any new project will end up as a sub sale in future and the answer is right there - so the biggest gainers are developers......

I think howgozit point is, there is a pecking order. If Estuary is $1000 psf, Clover will be $1,200 psf, The Arte will be $1,500 psf and so on. If WT hits $1,500 psf, 8@Woodleigh cannot be $800 psf right? You can disagree with this though.

Anyway, we all hope so since we are all vested in one property or another, except maybe one Bas** guy.

testtest
03-02-12, 23:47
1500psf for this location...seriously :doh:

jwong71
03-02-12, 23:51
if only it works the way we want it - the sad fact is that the buyers are all rushing to new launches - and sub sales are kinda of 'neglected'

so what happens - the same WT or any new project will end up as a sub sale in future and the answer is right there - so the biggest gainers are developers......

if current resales at 700-900psf can't move, how sure WT can move at 1500psf when it top as a resale unit too..??

everybody playing the same game, but only buying from the developers.

sub-sale, resale owners are left out in this game..

my :2cents: :2cents:

fclim
03-02-12, 23:53

Sub sales are neglected because of SSD. Nobody can flip now, so no uncompleted units for sub sale in the market. No choice but buy new launches. If ATT buyers can flip, I am sure some potential WT buyers might consider ATT if got good units.
Kinda stupid situation. Supposed to control developers pricing with SSD but no, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
When you play with the market, sometimes the market plays you back.

ppty
03-02-12, 23:58
Precisely that's what is happening right now and today's buyers of new launches are going to be future sub sales sellers ....

its becoming similar concept to buying a brand new car out from the showroom and the depreciation starts....

if current resales at 700-900psf can't move, how sure WT can move at 1500psf when it top as a resale unit too..??

jwong71
04-02-12, 00:05
Sub sales are neglected because of SSD. Nobody can flip now, so no uncompleted units for sub sale in the market. No choice but buy new launches. If ATT buyers can flip, I am sure some potential WT buyers might consider ATT if got good units.
Kinda stupid situation. Supposed to control developers pricing with SSD but no, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
When you play with the market, sometimes the market plays you back.

it's not just market played them out, it will be also by weak owners lelonging played them out too.

TMATT
04-02-12, 01:04
Watertown already got unit selling at $1500psf .... :banghead:

unless refer to average of all the 900++ unit, then is about $1200psf.
1month time, let watch the - Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged. we will know all the actual PSF at Watertown cost! :D

1970 - Got unit cost less then $200? sure have!
1980 - between $200psf to $400psf,
1990 - between $500 to $800psf,
2000 - more then $1000psf
2010 - lowest maybe $700psf,
highest is about $6000+psf (centre area)
for all the new launch.

so 2020, 2030, possible to achieve 2x,3x,4x Profit:)

We got to admit Property Price will raise in future, as long you buy for long term, no need worry lah. Most of us are buying 2 - 3 Condo unit for the kids, so they can have it when they turn 21yrs old or get Marriage.

gfoo
04-02-12, 01:59
xan, i don't think the old birds are willfully trying to put you down on your purchase so please don't take things too seriously. it's probably that they have benefit of the past and of experience, and that at no point in recent history has such far off areas been priced at 50% above the mean almost overnight, and yet, so many have bought it. You must forgive as its incomprehensible to many - it's like putting a turbocharger in a Chery and pricing it like a Honda, yet it sells like MacDonald's Hello Kitty. If you are right - and i do hope you are - then everyone stands to gain. If you are wrong - luckily, the quantum is so low that losses are negligible. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to help a developer set a record price in an unproven locale, so I personally still have much to learn.

Dark Knight
04-02-12, 05:33
xan, i don't think the old birds are willfully trying to put you down on your purchase so please don't take things too seriously. it's probably that they have benefit of the past and of experience, and that at no point in recent history has such far off areas been priced at 50% above the mean almost overnight, and yet, so many have bought it. You must forgive as its incomprehensible to many - it's like putting a turbocharger in a Chery and pricing it like a Honda, yet it sells like MacDonald's Hello Kitty. If you are right - and i do hope you are - then everyone stands to gain. If you are wrong - luckily, the quantum is so low that losses are negligible. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to help a developer set a record price in an unproven locale, so I personally still have much to learn.

I disagree....many of the "old birds" on this forum are quite yaya papaya. Can name a few of these folks here who just because bought a few properties then think they are property gurus and know exactly when and what constitute a good buy....and start to post their expert comments....see liao also wan to vomit.

Xan made a good point on the typical people on this forum. He is also experienced in property investment and I find his views extremely value adding unlike the typical self professed gurus/old birds who only puts other down with their narrow views

Anyway, time will tell.

yowetan
04-02-12, 06:06

Hi Xan, could you share with me either here or PM on your household income profile, as well as the unit price you have paid for?

I am evaluating myself, and my family. A rough guide from your end would be suffice. TIA.

phantom_opera
04-02-12, 06:20
why take things so seriously in the internet ... it could be my dogs in front of keyboard :rolleyes:

Montaigne
04-02-12, 06:44

You mean BAStard or BASic? They are the same person fyi, one in nick, the other in character.

Montaigne
04-02-12, 06:49
Hi Xan, could you share with me either here or PM on your household income profile, as well as the unit price you have paid for?

I am evaluating myself, and my family. A rough guide from your end would be suffice. TIA.

Xan is an invester, owned a few properties including WT, so might be diff from your case for own stay.

Xan
04-02-12, 07:35
Actually wanted to wake up early and do abit of my work but see the forums becomes active again, so finger itchy again :spliff:

No worries, so far no one had put me or other WT buyers down yet. Still enjoying myself here.... just uncomfortable with names calling only.

Ok this is how I feel abt WT and its worth now.
Currently it only worth at most 700-800psf!At this point, nothing is avavilable in punggol, not a mature estate, not even near any kopitiam, eateries, no shops, no people and nothing but only a MRT/LRT. (Got MRT also no use, imagine who would want to travel all the way to punggol with basically nothing there)

I reccee, cycled and google the masterplan, starting from the day when one of my friend bought Parc river (EC at punggol). I begin to realise punggol is an uncovered gem with lotsa potential and gonna to be exciting in future for the next generation.

Why 750 WT buyers so "stupid" go and buy WT at 1200psf on average?
(In fact most of them bought below 1100psf during the preview, I just dont bother to say only)
I reckon they understand that in 5 years time, the whole place will be transformed. I need not repeat what amedities WT has and how conveniet it will be in 5 yrs time. Wifey and I was cycling the whole stretch of waterway, from lorong halus to the end of waterway garden...in fact we didnt complete the whole cycling trip coz the journey was too much for us to cover. (maybe we physically unfit as well lah). We are truely amazed by how the watertown landscape had been designed and I can sense that this time, govt really mean bisnuess in transforming punggol.

750 WT buyers are buying for the new punggol in 5 years time, not the current punggol. Some are skeptical of its value because your mindset is still in the current punggol and it is still undeveloped yet. 5 years down the road to TOP and just nice 4 yrs SSD also over liao, the wait will be sweet.

I do have my worries on the subsale as well, seems pretty flat as all people hurled to buy from developer. Will WT ended up with the same fate in 5 years time?

Experience tells me that unless your location is good and convenient, sub-sale can still move. If you buy slightly cheaper at ulu location, people still rather buy from developer. Because what you can offer in sub sale the developer also can offer mah, why must buy from you and subject to 40% payment upfront immediately? But if location is good and convenient, then its a different story, because its hard to come by mah and not every time the developer can offer a project at good location.

A very interesting comparison betw 8@woodleigh vs WT and its value.
Gurus/experts will definitely slam table and say: "of coz 8@woodleigh beat WT flat lah" its nearer to city what. I do not want to argue this point but I prefer to ask the following qns:

1) Do 8@woodleigh gives you the convenience of just pressing a button from your lift and bring you straight immediately to a shopping centre if you run out of groceries?
2) Do 8@woodleigh allows you to watch a midnight movie and all you need is to press your lift button that directly send you back home w/o the hassle of worrying whether u can catch a cab or mrt back home after midnight?
3) Do 8@woodleigh surrounding gives you nice landscape or open space for recreational activiites e.g flying kites, jogging, cycling etc?

Drive from 8@woodleigh to city confirm faster, unless I really need to go city everyday. But its not part of my regime.
So it still boils down to buyer's needs.

Even I take mrt, it just took more a mere few minutes more than 8@woodleigh to city so no big deal for me lah.

Xan
04-02-12, 07:40
Xan is an invester, owned a few properties including WT, so might be diff from your case for own stay.

Nope my household income is less than 12k, but near.
(worst than most of the old birds here)
I'm not an invester, but you can call me an optimist.
I do my homework.
I trust my gut feel.
I cash in and out all the time, some places I only stay for 10 mths only.
One mistake I made can kill me and crush me like an ant.

Hi Bro yowetan, I noticed from your previous post in other sites, you seems to be a very careful person with good analytical thinking. Certainly you are also exploring the possibility of prop investment but you do have your concerns.
I dont have that kinda depth like you, but what I had is I took my first step.

hyenergix
04-02-12, 07:43
Actually wanted to wake up early and do abit of my work but see the forums becomes active again, so finger itchy again :spliff:

No worries, so far no one had put me or other WT buyers down yet. Still enjoying myself here.... just uncomfortable with names calling only.

Currently it only worth at most 700-800psf!At this point, nothing is avavilable in punggol, not a mature estate, not even near any kopitiam, eateries, no shops, no people and nothing but only a MRT/LRT. (Got MRT also no use, imagine who would want to travel all the way to punggol with basically nothing there)

I reccee, cycled and google the masterplan, starting from the day when one of my friend bought Parc river (EC at punggol). I begin to realise punggol is an uncovered gem with lotsa potential and gonna to be exciting in future for the next generation.

(In fact most of them bought below 1100psf during the preview, I just dont bother to say only)
I reckon they understand that in 5 years time, the whole place will be transformed. I need not repeat what amedities WT has and how conveniet it will be in 5 yrs time. Wifey and I was cycling the whole stretch of waterway, from lorong halus to the end of waterway garden...in fact we didnt complete the whole cycling trip coz the journey was too much for us to cover. (maybe we physically unfit as well lah). We are truely amazed by how the watertown landscape had been designed and I can sense that this time, govt really mean bisnuess in transforming punggol.

750 WT buyers are buying for the new punggol in 5 years time, not the current punggol. Some are skeptical of its value because your mindset is still in the current punggol and it is still undeveloped yet. 5 years down the road to TOP and just nice 4 yrs SSD also over liao, the wait will be sweet.

I do have my worries on the subsale as well, seems pretty flat as all people hurled to buy from developer. Will WT ended up with the same fate in 5 years time?

Experience tells me that unless your location is good and convenient, sub-sale can still move. If you buy slightly cheaper at ulu location, people still rather buy from developer. Because what you can offer in sub sale the developer also can offer mah, why must buy from you and subject to 40% payment upfront immediately? But if location is good and convenient, then its a different story, because its hard to come by mah and not every time the developer can offer a project at good location.

Gurus/experts will definitely slam table and say: "of coz 8@woodleigh beat WT flat lah" its nearer to city what. I do not want to argue this point but I prefer to ask the following qns:

1) Do 8@woodleigh gives you the convenience of just pressing a button from your lift and bring you straight immediately to a shopping centre if you run out of groceries?
2) Do 8@woodleigh allows you to watch a midnight movie and all you need is to press your lift button that directly send you back home w/o the hassle of worrying whether u can catch a cab or mrt back home after midnight?
3) Do 8@woodleigh surrounding gives you nice landscape or open space for recreational activiites e.g flying kites, jogging, cycling etc?

Drive from 8@woodleigh to city confirm faster, unless I really need to go city everyday. But its not part of my regime.

Even I take mrt, it just took more a mere few minutes more than 8@woodleigh to city so no big deal for me lah.

You might have over-estimated the train capacity and under-estimated ticket costs. Ya, 5 years from now property prices likely to be higher ;)

Many businesses have complained about lack of workers and LKY has just mentioned we need more immigrants. I agree with his analysis, but the government needs to build up its infrastructure and provide more incentives for Singaporeans. It is likely more foreigners will be allowed in by next year.

Xan
04-02-12, 08:08
You might have over-estimated the train capacity and under-estimated ticket costs. Ya, 5 years from now property prices likely to be higher ;)

Many businesses have complained about lack of workers and LKY has just mentioned we need more immigrants. I agree with his analysis, but the government needs to build up its infrastructure and provide more incentives for Singaporeans. It is likely more foreigners will be allowed in by next year.

Ya, I do have my blindspot. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Montaigne
04-02-12, 08:13
I do my homework.
I trust my gut feel.

Hi Bro yowetan, I noticed from your previous post in other sites, you seems to be a very careful person with good analytical thinking. Certainly you are also exploring the possibility of prop investment but you do have your concerns.

OIC, so u are eligible for EC!

Xan
04-02-12, 08:30
OIC, so u are eligible for EC!

Hehe actually I prefer an EC more than PC.
But must sell off all my PCs and wait 3 yrs before I can apply EC. sianz.

Montaigne
04-02-12, 08:36
Hehe actually I prefer an EC more than PC.
But must sell off all my PCs and wait 3 yrs before I can apply EC. sianz.

And after 3yrs income ceiling hit liao haha. I prefer EC more than 99lh PC, but I prefer freehold more than EC. Taking about own stay or long term investment. But I realised alot of freehold condo or apt are low rise, smaller scale compared to lh99. :beats-me-man:

yowetan
04-02-12, 08:50
I do my homework.
I trust my gut feel.

Hi Xan, are you getting a one-bedder suite in Watertown?

May I know what is the quarterly maintenance charges?

Let's assuming a 60% LTV, what are the additional hidden cost apart from the 40% upfront payment? What are the mode of payments available for this project.

Pardon for asking flury of questions simultanteously; I am just curious and will like to learn more without visiting the place.

devilplate
04-02-12, 08:53

based on ur reasoning, ANY other ppty w/o integrated Mall and MRT will be INFERIOR to WT liao lor....WOW

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la(ur main motivation)....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor

Xan
04-02-12, 08:57
based on ur reasoning, ANY other ppty w/o integrated Mall and MRT will be INFERIOR to WT liao lor....WOW

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor

Alamak, dont put words in my mouth, I never say that lah.
I merely asking qns rather than saying which is good. Did also mentioned 8@woodleight is nearer to city and thats its advantage.
U buy base on what u need. I dont need 8@woodleigh cos I no need go city everyday.
But you cannot deny the fact integrate mall is a strong magnet that pulls the crowds. I already made my point I wont buy big quantum at WT, u can read my previous posts. :)

KC76
04-02-12, 08:58

u buy simply bcoz it is 5xxk la(ur main motivation)....if smallest unit from 2bdr of px tag from 900k....will u still buy anot? be honest hor

Not sure if this question is fair cos u gotta look at his savings n servicing capability too mah.

KC76
04-02-12, 09:01
I do my homework.
I trust my gut feel.

U must be a great saver to be able to trade pcs with less than 12k household income. I really look up to u. Can share ur secrets to saving?

Xan
04-02-12, 09:05
U must be a great saver to be able to trade pcs with less than 12k household income. I really look up to u. Can share ur secrets to saving?

no lah, I cannot even afford a RCR/CCR condo yet hor. I play small quantum only. Sometimes I still gotta move house to cash out. U want this kinda hassle?

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:06
Not sure if this question is fair cos u gotta look at his savings n servicing capability too mah.

yes....bcoz of his limited budget.....tats y he only looking at projects offering 5xxk.....and i aso agree WT bestest la in recent launches for wat 5xxk can buy u

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:08
Alamak, dont put words in my mouth, I never say that lah.
I merely asking qns rather than saying which is good. Did also mentioned 8@woodleight is nearer to city and thats its advantage.
U buy base on what u need. I dont need 8@woodleigh cos I no need go city everyday.
But you cannot deny the fact integrate mall is a strong magnet that pulls the crowds. I already made my point I wont buy big quantum at WT, u can read my previous posts. :)
i tot u buy WT for investment???? can clarify?

y invest based on ur NEEDS and WANTS?

i nvr buy ppty for investment based on my own needs.....i nid at least 3bdr for my own stay but i bot 1/2bdr for investment hor.....

i stay far far pasir ris hor....but bot 8wood for investment hor....

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:10
no lah, I cannot even afford a RCR/CCR condo yet hor. I play small quantum only. Sometimes I still gotta move house to cash out. U want this kinda hassle?
u recently cash out another investment ppty isit? tats y itchy finger and bot WT?

azeoprop
04-02-12, 09:12

i nvr buy ppty for investment based on my own needs.....i nid at least 3bdr for my own stay but i bot 1/2bdr for investment hor.....

Seller's remorse....:banghead:

Switched from exhumed grave to new water grave....:violins:

KC76
04-02-12, 09:14

But still uve made achievements n $$$. I dun mind moving to cash in. Need to be flexible in this era.

KC76
04-02-12, 09:18
u recently cash out another investment ppty isit? tats y itchy finger and bot WT?

My opinion is that WT is good for stay but not investment in the current state of things considering rental prospect. Of cos things may change if decentralisation indeed takes place.

Xan
04-02-12, 09:22

ok, actually we very similar. The place I'm staying is also more than 4 bedrooms and definitely very comfortable to stay.
Actually alot of things very personal lah.
who would go publicize family stuffs here and share with everyone right.
Anyway, I know what I'm doing can liaoz.

What so uncommon of me like others? If these are my needs and wants, its will not be too far off from what majority thinks as well right. Thats why we have 750 WT buyers. Dont you agree?

I presume you buy 8@woodleigh at very good price. Thats somewhere betw 2009 and 2010. And I guess if u buy 1 bedder for investment, your quantum also ard 400 to 500K plus. Would you go buy big quantum at 8wood? No right? Very similar profile and I believe our goals are the same.... long term investment.

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:22
My opinion is that WT is good for stay but not investment in the current state of things considering rental prospect. Of cos things may change if decentralisation indeed takes place.
decentralisation had oredi taken plc......the gap had narrowed significantly since 07 till today for ocr and ccr.....

but there is a limit hor....rite now gap will be further narrowed la in near future due to foreigner kena banned by our lovely govt mah......CCR vy cham now.....

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:25
ok, actually we very similar. The place I'm staying is also more than 4 bedrooms and definitely very comfortable to stay.
Actually alot of things very personal lah.
who would go publicize family stuffs here and share with everyone right.
Anyway, I know what I'm doing can liaoz.

What so uncommon of me like others? If these are my needs and wants, its will not be too far off from what majority thinks as well right. Thats why we have 750 WT buyers. Dont you agree?

I presume you buy 8@woodleigh at very good price. Thats somewhere betw 2009 and 2010. And I guess if u buy 1 bedder for investment, your quantum also ard 400 to 500K plus. Very similar profile and I believe our goals are the same.... long term investment.

i am very different from u.....yes i bot 1/2bdr but aso buy 3/4/PH for investment lor....i bot bigger unit at 8wood la....

y i am different from u......i do not see y we nid to invest in ppty now wif cm4 cum 5.......upside sealed by our lovely govt.....when will CM be removed/relaxed eventually? only when prices drop alot and govt find the need to prop up the mkt

yowetan
04-02-12, 09:26
I would love to get a D10 project which is near Henry Park Primary.

I am a person who prefers greenary than canals/rivers etc.

Xan
04-02-12, 09:27

Han nor. :beats-me-man:

yowetan
04-02-12, 09:28
i am very different from u.....yes i bot 1/2bdr but aso buy 3/4/PH for investment lor....i bot bigger unit at 8wood la....

y i am different from u......i do not see y we nid to invest in ppty now wif cm4 cum 5.......upside sealed by our lovely govt.....when will CM be removed/relaxed eventually? only when prices drop alot and govt find the need to prop up the mkt

I believe everyone is entitled to his/her opinions and views. All are winners if all able to hold should economy turns bad.

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:29
i am vy doubtful abt the rental prospect for a 1bdr at punggol.......somemore like 500units are 1bdr.....so scary......upon TOP so many fighting for limited tenants.....

if wana buy into punggol....tat time shd bot at least a 2bdr at ATT liao mah rite.....tat time news oredi out tat WT gona haf mall etc....

a 2bdr still can flip to those hdb upgraders staying nrby lor.....

KC76
04-02-12, 09:34
decentralisation had oredi taken plc......the gap had narrowed significantly since 07 till today for ocr and ccr.....

but there is a limit hor....rite now gap will be further narrowed la in near future due to foreigner kena banned by our lovely govt mah......CCR vy cham now.....

Agree that prices are converging for OCR n CCR but they can never ever match unless central amenities can be fully be emulated in OCR. With so much focus on OCR now, i wonder if its time to look at CCR units. Like u said maybe wait for prices to dip first bah.

phantom_opera
welcome back DP

Xan, if can only afford 5xxk, keep switching can make more $$$ than holding one good one?? each time u switch, you will get hit by SSD, ABSD, lower LTV etc ... worth the switching? unless of course u are switching from poor quality asset to much higher quality asset then make sense

see how azeoprop suffered from seller remorse :tsk-tsk:

WT 1br at 1050psf, not much downside but not sure how much upside lo

Xan

So what are the chances of govt dropping the CMs?
Even places like parc rosewood are selling well when price is reasonable.
Govt remove CMs means lunar 7th month ghost gate open.
What will happen we all know.

I live and accept what is happening right now. If I'm going to compare prop price in 2012 vs 2005 (the first prop I bought is only 430psf). I will never take any steps.

You probably the lucky ones who went in prop segment much more earlier than me or someone who earns much more than me. So you can play big but I can only play small. The method are still the same.

Xan
04-02-12, 09:36
welcome back DP

Xan, if can only afford 5xxk, keep switching can make more $$$ than holding one good one?? each time u switch, you will get hit by SSD, ABSD, lower LTV etc ... worth the switching? unless of course u are switching from poor quality asset to much higher quality asset then make sense

see how azeoprop suffered from seller remorse :tsk-tsk:

WT 1br at 1050psf, not much downside but not sure how much upside lo

I bought in some props before CM4 so not subjected to SSD or ABSD.
Now for anyone who buy....they need to look at "long term"
Rules are different

yowetan
04-02-12, 09:41
So what are the chances of govt dropping the CMs?
Even places like parc rosewood are selling well when price is reasonable.
Govt remove CMs means lunar 7th month ghost gate open.
What will happen we all know.

I live and accept what is happening right now. If I'm going to compare prop price in 2012 vs 2005 (the first prop I bought is only 430psf). I will never take any steps.

You probably the lucky ones who went in prop segment much more earlier than me or someone who earns much more than me. So you can play big but I can only play small. The method are still the same.

Could you share with me - how old are you and your spouse now?

Xan
04-02-12, 09:42
Could you share with me - how old are you and your spouse now?

Not yet but reaching mid thirties :)

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:44
upside controlled by govt liao.....

now buy stuck wif 4yrs ssd....even prices inch up aso cant flip.....

those who buying now r betting tat ppty market will continue to rise for at least next 4 yrs.....i am the one who betting against it

wud rather keep the money and enter when there is a px correction......

Xan
04-02-12, 09:45
i am vy doubtful abt the rental prospect for a 1bdr at punggol.......somemore like 500units are 1bdr.....so scary......upon TOP so many fighting for limited tenants.....

if wana buy into punggol....tat time shd bot at least a 2bdr at ATT liao mah rite.....tat time news oredi out tat WT gona haf mall etc....

a 2bdr still can flip to those hdb upgraders staying nrby lor.....

Hey uncle, my finance not as strong as you lah.
2 bedder ATT 700k over leh.
I small fly only :)
Actually its good ATT no 1 bedder. So lesser competition.

yowetan
04-02-12, 09:46
Not yet but reaching mid thirties :)

Oh, you have started to invest in property in your late twenties. Are you born in 77-78s?

I am marvel by your saving discipline.

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:47
Hey uncle, my finance not as strong as you lah.
2 bedder ATT 700k over leh.
I small fly only :)
Actually its good ATT no 1 bedder. So lesser competition.
if finance not as strong, can choose not to buy now and build up more capital to hoot later rite? u only mid 30s.....time is on ur side mah

Xan
04-02-12, 09:49
upside controlled by govt liao.....

now buy stuck wif 4yrs ssd....even prices inch up aso cant flip.....

those who buying now r betting tat ppty market will continue to rise for at least next 4 yrs.....i am the one who betting against it

wud rather keep the money and enter when there is a px correction......

I bought unit trust and stuck in bank for 5 years. Bought abundance fund also stuck another 5 years. In the end not much profit margin. So in the end pek chek and decided to go into prop. To each his own lah. You bear, I bull....can agree to disagree one. :)

Xan
04-02-12, 09:50
if finance not as strong, can choose not to buy now and build up more capital to hoot later rite? u only mid 30s.....time is on ur side mah

No lah, anything above 30s near 40s, your health starts to fail.
Must hit the iron while it is still hot.
I factor in the waiting time as well.
Life simply too short to wait lah - my own philosophy

devilplate
04-02-12, 09:51
firstly i agreed WT 1bdr is the best 55xk u can buy currently....

but y must we buy now? ask urself whether u believe ppty market can rise for another 4yrs until ur SSD period is over anot?

ok la...goto stop liao.....

HAPPY DRAGON YEAR! ALL THE BEST!!! HUAT ARGH!!!

ps: into stock market now....BJ's NOL huat oredi......in the profit oredi.....HUAT ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Xan
04-02-12, 09:52
firstly i agreed WT 1bdr is the best 55xk u can buy currently....

but y must we buy now? ask urself whether u believe ppty market can rise for another 4yrs until ur SSD period is over anot?

ok la...goto stop liao.....

HAPPY DRAGON YEAR! ALL THE BEST!!! HUAT ARGH!!!

ps: into stock market now....BJ's NOL huat oredi......in the profit oredi.....HUAT ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you huat in all your investment as well. Be it in prop or stocks.:)

kane
04-02-12, 09:54
The 2 bedder at watertown could also be an option. It wasn't ridiculously price at 1300psf and higher. Unless those were the lousy stacks they showed me.

Xan
04-02-12, 10:00
Oh, you have started to invest in property in your late twenties. Are you born in 77-78s?

I am marvel by your saving discipline.

That time property very cheap and no SSD and lower upfront cash payment. So can leverage on my first profit lor.
That time I enter into prop and all my friend also say I xiao. (crazy)

I never save much $$$ but:
Rule no. 1: Dont buy too expensive car lah, no use one. I drive an hyundai.

KC76
04-02-12, 10:01
Speaking of integrated concept, anyone knows why harbourlights opp vivo city isnt attracting good rental income? $3k+ rental for 2 bedder with outlay of about $1.1m+.

would u guys consider its enbloc potential since rental income is pathetic?

price
04-02-12, 10:39
No lah, anything above 30s near 40s, your health starts to fail.
Must hit the iron while it is still hot.
I factor in the waiting time as well.
Life simply too short to wait lah - my own philosophy

Xan, totally agree with you!

I'm 25 this year but have saved up quite a sum. Decided to invest now rather than wait.

phantom_opera
04-02-12, 10:39
Dun worry hdb 700k at punggol 4y later so enough carrot heads later

yowetan
04-02-12, 10:44

I'm 25 this year but have saved up quite a sum. Decided to invest now rather than wait.

How could you saved 200k by the age of 25?

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 10:54
Sorry! Change topic for a while: Worth to invest in Bartley Residences next to bartley mrt stn and maris stella school at 1200-1300psf?

price
04-02-12, 10:55
How could you saved 200k by the age of 25?

I didnt save that much. I saved 100+

yowetan
04-02-12, 10:56
I didnt save that much. I saved 100+

This is already a lot.

price
04-02-12, 10:57
This is already a lot.

Discipline and guts i guess. I'm actually 24 turning 25 this year.

phantom_opera
04-02-12, 11:01
How it is possible to save 100k if not working? Pocket money from parents so much ah?

Xan
04-02-12, 11:04

Must do your homework first before you do that hor. Else very dangerous.
Last time the property settings are easier for us to invest, but definitely not now. (I 100% agree with Devilplate on that.)

A lot of the people here are leveraging on the profits they had made in the past before they invest in today's setting.

But I don't expect a huge px correction or removal of CMs. If you dont believe, we can wait and see. Anyway, I might be wrong and if I'm wrong, I just hold on to it lor.

If you are not in a hurry to buy for self stay or investment, u can start see see look look first. I buy because some proj are hard to come by and they are within my budget.

Xan
04-02-12, 11:05
How it is possible to save 100k if not working? Pocket money from parents so much ah?

For the first three years u started work, dont eat outside.
Eat what your mum cook.
Stay with your parents etc.
Like that shld be possible.

price
04-02-12, 11:06

I do not depend on my parents for $ at all. In fact, they borrow money from me for their biz. I'm salary paid now but before this, I flipped my savings many times by buying and selling various stuff. Merely 6 years ago during my polytechnic days, I only had $10k+.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:09
I do not depend on my parents for $ at all. In fact, they borrow money from me for their biz. I'm salary paid now but before this, I flipped my savings many times by buying and selling various stuff. Merely 6 years ago during my polytechnic days, I only had $10k+.

that's great and promising young chap.

You should look into expanding your trade and forte

price
04-02-12, 11:13
that's great and promising young chap.

You should look into expanding your trade and forte

Thanks! :) Too bad 2 years of NS made me stop what I was doing. Now i'm back to the normal track like everyone else, drawing a monthly salary.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:15
Thanks! :) Too bad 2 years of NS made me stop what I was doing. Now i'm back to the normal track like everyone else, drawing a monthly salary.

ic.

Why not take a plunge and start your own business again. You are young and got the capital now. Most importantly, you have got nothing much to lose since you are still single i suppose.

price
04-02-12, 11:16
Must do your homework first before you do that hor. Else very dangerous.
Last time the property settings are easier for us to invest, but definitely not now. (I 100% agree with Devilplate on that.)

A lot of the people here are leveraging on the profits they had made in the past before they invest in today's setting.

But I don't expect a huge px correction or removal of CMs. If you dont believe, we can wait and see. Anyway, I might be wrong and if I'm wrong, I just hold on to it lor.

If you are not in a hurry to buy for self stay or investment, u can start see see look look first. I buy because some proj are hard to come by and they are within my budget.

Yes, some projects are hard to come by. And i got to face the fact that I only have a 5xxk budget with my 100+k cash.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:18
Yes, some projects are hard to come by. And i got to face the fact that I only have a 5xxk budget with my 100+k cash.
my advice to you is not to commit private property now since you only have 100k+. whereas i am confident you can flip your 100k into many folds via other avenues.

price
04-02-12, 11:19
ic.

Why not take a plunge and start your own business again. You are young and got the capital now. Most importantly, you have got nothing much to lose since you are still single i suppose.

I was lucky and blessed to be in a good Firm now. Prospect and progression is good. :)

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:20
Should have a stable income first and look for opportunities. Winners are people who swim against the tide and made a difference. Not follow the herd.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:20
Should have a stable income first and look for opportunities. Winners are people who swim against the tide and made a difference. Not follow the herd.
your 1st and 2nd statement contradicts

TKT
04-02-12, 11:24
My own situation :

I have a few properties, in Singapore and Malaysia.
In 2011, was seriously contemplating buying another property, either in Spore or JB but prices just keep moving so fast and holding risks became higher and higher.
I buy for keeps (longterm investment) and rental income, so if the returns cannot justify, I really have to think very carefully.

Anyway, for Singapore :

Then came CM5 - that was when I reeeeeealy took stock of the whole CM situation + unpredecented ramping up of supplies ... Spore Govt was telling me and you, very loudly - STOP BUYING!

So, I am heeding the warning signs and have pulled my handbrakes in Singapore - like Devilplate? - till some of these harsh CMs are removed or if I strike TOTO >3m, whichever comes first.

For Spore, the play now should be in stocks for these 1-2-3 years, imho... population increases notwithstanding.

:47:

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:25
Not really. You mind will be clear only when you have a cool head. If you cannot even have bread and butter, how to think right. Without it, one will become desperate and do not effective things.

jwong71
04-02-12, 11:27
my advice to you is not to commit private property now since you only have 100k+. whereas i am confident you can flip your 100k into many folds via other avenues.

make use of the 100K+ in your specialised field.

100k+ for a property is not enuff, u need buffer more cash for rainy days.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:28
Yup. Have held back my horses since last purchase in early 2010. FTs will come as what PM Lee said last nite as we cannot be like Japan. Make money from Stocks at the moment.
My own situation :

I have a few properties, in Singapore and Malaysia.
In 2011, was seriously contemplating buying another property, either in Spore or JB but prices just keep moving so fast and holding risks became higher and higher.
I buy for keeps (longterm investment) and rental income, so if the returns cannot justify, I really have to think very carefully.

Anyway, for Singapore :

Then came CM5 - that was when I reeeeeealy took stock of the whole CM situation + unpredecented ramping up of supplies ... Spore Govt was telling me and you, very loudly - STOP BUYING!

So, I am heeding the warning signs and have pulled my handbrakes in Singapore - like Devilplate? - till some of these harsh CMs are removed or if I strike TOTO >3m, whichever comes first.

For Spore, the play now should be in stocks for these 1-2-3 years, imho... population increases notwithstanding.

Xan
04-02-12, 11:28
I was lucky and blessed to be in a good Firm now. Prospect and progression is good. :)

This is a very good forum where you can see a clear distinctions of many forumers in terms of their beliefs. (minus all name callings, ill sarcasm etc)
Do your own judgement as no one will truely understand your financial status, job prospect/security, your appetite for investment and your forte. Advises from others are to be used for reference and not to be heeded. You are the captain of your own destiny. :)

I wish you success in any investments you've made.

Xan
04-02-12, 11:32

I dont think he contradicts, what he says make perfect sense. :)

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:34
Not really. You mind will be clear only when you have a cool head. If you cannot even have bread and butter, how to think right. Without it, one will become desperate and do not effective things.
I would thought that herd mentality is to join the workforce and to draw a regular income.

phantom_opera
04-02-12, 11:37
hold hold hold hold hold till CM against HDB resale market then sell :cool:
or PAP scared to do that ... wait till BTOs hit the road in 2018?? then I would say Punggol HDB going to hit 700k in 4y time

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:40
I am referring to herd mentality in investment strategy. Got to think outside the box.
I would thought that herd mentality is to join the workforce and to draw a regular income.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:40
I have to agree with some folks here that there is really not much upside to enter at current price.

But it does not mean that i will sell even though i am not buying at current pricing.

interest rate is low and rental yield is excellent.

Rosy
04-02-12, 11:42
I am referring to herd mentality in investment strategy. Got to think outside the box.
Then it is fine.

i am purely taking your statements as its face value

phantom_opera
04-02-12, 11:43
I for one think Xan will make $$$ by flipping 4y down the road

Property market is all about sentiment ... it does not seem like CM4/CM5 has any effect on OCR at all ... the LTV 60% only shrink the unit size

And PAP will not dare to do anything to HDB resale market one lah ... hints everywhere ... why would Khaw want to make sure 2nd timers can get BTO ... exactly because he dares not come out with harsher demand side CM for HDBs ... he basically want to leave resale market to SPRs only

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 11:44
Yup. Great to collect passive income from rental and yet tenants are paying for the mortgage of the property which it will become your home.
I have to agree with some folks here that there is really not much upside to enter at current price.

But it does not mean that i will sell even though i am not buying at current pricing.

interest rate is low and rental yield is excellent.

ppty
04-02-12, 11:58
Ku Swee Yong: Huge oversupply coupled with a weak global economy
spells trouble ahead

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Ku+Swee+Yong%3A+Huge+oversupply+coupled+with+a+weak+global+economy+spells+trouble+ahead/

Xan
04-02-12, 12:36
Ku Swee Yong: Huge oversupply coupled with a weak global economy
spells trouble ahead

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Ku+Swee+Yong%3A+Huge+oversupply+coupled+with+a+weak+global+economy+spells+trouble+ahead/

Something I discover in the recent years after CM4/CM5.
Media is a powerful medium to talk down property px and thats why we have so many people playing the waiting game.
I am not enlightened enough to say whether their prediction is right or wrong, but I must admit it do has its impact on many. :)

sotidy
04-02-12, 13:03
Media is a powerful medium to talk down property px and thats why we have so many people playing the waiting game.
I am not enlightened enough to say whether their prediction is right or wrong, but I must admit it do has its impact on many. :)

Yes...media has significant influence to impact the general public. Most analysts remains as analysts because they are seldom right...very often their figures are also flawed or inaccurate.

Some facts that I observed recently:
i) There are more and more high level executives from US and EU transferred to SGP/Asia. SGP is the 'HQ' for many such MNCs.
ii) The immigration tap has started again. Just go check out how many more people got their PR and citizenship wef 1st Jan 2012. Yes...the tap was closed last year after the election. The following news further 'reconfirmed' the tap is open again and they are more discreet now....and they scrapped the word "foreign talent"
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120204-325821.html
iii) Prices too high? Look around carefully...There are a lot of people and couples with high income (on average: single 100k-200k per annum and family 200k-400k per annum). Anything within quantum below 1mil is very affordable.
iv) Lastly, some people say REDAS is also pessimistic about property market and hence property prices should drop. The fact is they are also playing their part by using WORDS to cool the market. Would they rather use WORDS to cool the market or let gov't use more measures to cool the market? So it is correct for REDAS to talk down the market.

For people who keeps saying prices will go down,...yes one day it will go down...the question is when and by how much.:D

KC76
04-02-12, 13:04

Very true. Media is a free tool employed to alter the mind of citizens.

dtrax
04-02-12, 14:10

lol dun see chewren no up lah.. young kids these days all damn savvy like stocks investments during Uni, business, gd jobs etc.. share with you got a couple of my frends 27 already hoot 1mil condos liao, some EC, another frend 28 just got married at st regis ~100k wedding, juz bot Soleil.. that's why I see those upgraders chiong WT and such is really no sweat

p/s: all not frm rich family

testtest
04-02-12, 14:23

so long....must be strong buyer remorse

azeoprop
04-02-12, 14:48
If u look at 8@woodleigh thread first few pages during launch last time, it was also condemned to hell with the ex-cemetery next door and unprecedented LH99 pricing of 800-850psf surrounded by FH land.

:p

TMATT
04-02-12, 14:55
Maybe ... :cool-punk-headbange
Let wait for the final Caveats up on webpage to see who pay the less psf, what the average psf at Watertown.

Think those buy Punggol EC or TREASURE TROVE, sure look forward to see the actual price. as their EC & Treasure Trove are expected to match the same price as today watertown in 5yrs times.
If Watertown average is $1250psf, then their EC and PP will be 75% Profit & 45% profit!

Too bad, no $M to buy EC or Treasure Trove :doh:

Xan
04-02-12, 16:18
Hmm...looks like u missed the boat :)

Panerex77
04-02-12, 16:21
side track abit.

Assume i am only taking 60% loan.

Generally, after paying the 1st 20% cash within 8 weeks from OTP, when's the typical duration to the next 10% cash payment? Is it 6 to 9 mths?

And from that 10% payment to the next 10% cash payment, is it another 6 to 9 mths?

Seems that different agents/ bankers are tellling me different things. Some say 3-6 mths, some say 6-9 mths.
Hence asking here, thinking that you experts out there may know/ experience before.

And would I be conservative if i work ard a cashflow plan to pay the 1st 40% cash requirement all within 10 mths from OTP signing?

Xan
04-02-12, 16:42
side track abit.

Generally, after paying the 1st 20% cash within 8 weeks from OTP, when's the typical duration to the next 10% cash payment? Is it 6 to 9 mths?

And from that 10% payment to the next 10% cash payment, is it another 6 to 9 mths?

Seems that different agents/ bankers are tellling me different things. Some say 3-6 mths, some say 6-9 mths.
Hence asking here, thinking that you experts out there may know/ experience before.

And would I be conservative if i work ard a cashflow plan to pay the 1st 40% cash requirement all within 10 mths from OTP signing?
After the 20% was paid within 8 weeks, u need to fork out another 10% in 9 to 12 mths time. Another 10% will be also be paid after 9 to 12 mths time. Why theres a range of 3 mths is due to the progress of the completion. I was prepared to dump 40% of the payment in the bank and let the bank do the deduction and save the hassle. Your plan is feasible

Xan
04-02-12, 16:47
side track abit.

U must be careful that after u had paid 20%, u need to put in money for the 10% within 9 myhs. Your banker will advise u on that

Xan
04-02-12, 17:03
If u look at 8@woodleigh thread first few pages during launch last time, it was also condemned to hell with the ex-cemetery next door and unprecedented LH99 pricing of 800-850psf surrounded by FH land.

:p

Haha....how true.
Sure got people buay song this, buay song that. V common.

yowetan
04-02-12, 17:04
Is the watertown still available? I will just take mrt down and sign off one at 500k+ then.

Please advise. TIA.

Xan
04-02-12, 17:09
Is the watertown still available? I will just take mrt down and sign off one at 500k+ then.

Please advise. TIA.
If u are looking for suites, its already long sold off. Now left SOHO mainly and sky patio. SOHO are selling fast as i just came bk from there. Still alot of pple there.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 17:11
Already sold more than 800 before today. Can sell out this weekend?
If u are looking for suites, its already long sold off. Now left SOHO mainly and sky patio. SOHO are selling fast as i just came bk from there. Still alot of pple there.

Xan
04-02-12, 17:16
Already sold more than 800 before today. Can sell out this weekend?

I believe SOHO got takers as they are more affordable compared to sky patio. Sky patio not sure can move fast or not. They now tear down the suites showflat and build the sky patio showflat. FEO All out to sell sky patio.

DC33_2008
04-02-12, 17:18
FEO has a great marketing strategy. :D
I believe SOHO got takers as they are more affordable compared to sky patio. Sky patio not sure can move fast or not. They now tear down the suites showflat and build the sky patio showflat. FEO All out to sell sky patio.

ikan bilis
04-02-12, 17:22
if selling so fast and left with 100+ only... no need to build showflat lah... by the time showflat built nothing left to sell... :banghead:

Panerex77
04-02-12, 18:33
HoW many sold to date?

Panerex77
04-02-12, 18:40
HoW many sold to date?

yjcai
04-02-12, 18:44
HoW many sold to date?

600+ hearsay. How panarex you bought one?

Xan
04-02-12, 18:56
600+ hearsay. How panarex you bought one?
Err...how can it be 600+ only when last week its already 750+ units sold according to far eadt agent. Think its ard 800 over but i cannot cfm the number

Tripp
04-02-12, 19:24
Watertown's TVC show "more than 800 units sold", just a few moments ago.

yowetan
04-02-12, 19:34
What are the differences between suite and SOHO and Sky patio units?

Can someone enlighten me?

Xan
04-02-12, 19:45
What are the differences between suite and SOHO and Sky patio units?

Can someone enlighten me?

Suites are relatively smaller unit with lower quantum. I buy because layout are quite efficient. No baywindow, bomb shelter and planters. Same for SOHO but it has higher ceiling of 3.4m. A mezzanine is built in SOHO. U can choose to hack the mezzanine and go for the white SOHO. Sky patio got relatively large balcony and these units should hv relatively good facing for u to admire the watertown scenery. Correct me if im wrong.

pineapple
04-02-12, 19:59
Suites are relatively smaller unit with lower quantum. I buy because layout are quite efficient. No baywindow, bomb shelter and planters. Same for SOHO but it has higher ceiling of 3.4m. A mezzanine is built in SOHO. U can choose to hack the mezzanine and go for the white SOHO. Sky patio got relatively large balcony and these units should hv relatively good facing for u to admire the watertown scenery. Correct me if im wrong.

Yup and in terms of quantum. SOHO will be smaller with respect to Sky Patio too.

sigh didnt know they had demolished the suite.. didnt get good photos out of it.. :(

yjcai
04-02-12, 20:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXyon8-g9RU

yowetan
04-02-12, 20:11

What is the price ranges from SOHO to Sky patio units then?

GSLJ
04-02-12, 21:17
This project selling really well, less than a month above 800 units sold.

Agent sms me that suites and 2/3 bedders all sold out, now left with soho and sky patio units. Tower 10 also release for sale.

Congrats to all WT owners. :cheers1:

ysyap
04-02-12, 21:19
Mr Khaw watching intently... waiting and thinking when to .... :scared-4:

pineapple
04-02-12, 21:57
What is the price ranges from SOHO to Sky patio units then?

you can get the pricelist from here:
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Pdf/WatertownPriceList%2802Feb2012%29.pdf

apply 18% discount + BSD rebate + 2% FV

TKT
04-02-12, 22:08
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Pdf/WatertownPriceList%2802Feb2012%29.pdf

Pity, cannot buy FEO stocks...

kane
04-02-12, 22:15
Mr Khaw watching intently... waiting and thinking when to .... :scared-4:

must be careful, if tighten to much here, we might end up having a stock market bubble.

beepbeep
04-02-12, 22:21

No more 18%, think reduce to 16%+ BSD rebate + 2% FV

smallant
04-02-12, 22:23
IMHO.. Safer to buy property stocks... More liquid... can run faster if need to ...
Read his blog for hints..... :doh:

Panerex77
04-02-12, 22:43
U must be careful that after u had paid 20%, u need to put in money for the 10% within 9 myhs. Your banker will advise u on that
Xan

Thanks for the info.
But what do u mean by putting in the other 10% within the next 9 mths?
Is it to set aside the $ upfront?

kane
04-02-12, 22:46
That's the progressive payment kicking in right?. But if you're borrowing 80%, doesn't the bank disburse that next 10%?

Xan
04-02-12, 23:03
Xan

Thanks for the info.
But what do u mean by putting in the other 10% within the next 9 mths?
Is it to set aside the $ upfront?

Example
If u bought on 25 jan, by 8 weeks, which is ard march, u gotta prepare the 15% plus stamp duty plus legal fee. The stamp duty will be rebate to u later and usually the legal fee is subsidized by bank.
Then after 9 to 12 mths, u need to get ready 10%, which is ard dec 2012.
Then in another 9 to 12 mths, u need to prepare the last part of 10%, which is ard sept 2013.

Xan
04-02-12, 23:07
That's the progressive payment kicking in right?. But if you're borrowing 80%, doesn't the bank disburse that next 10%?

If borrow 80%, the bank will start to disburse the loan in stages which will go in tandem of the progress of construction. At any point, they will notify u how much loan is disbursed.

ysyap
05-02-12, 06:56
must be careful, if tighten to much here, we might end up having a stock market bubble.Yes yes... i also hope it won't tighten any further but we all know the last CM was targetted at a very small group of buyers in terms of stabalizing home prices. It prices still persist to rise at those uncomfortable level, can we expect anything else? The last CM caught many by surprice, didn't it? It's always good to have mental preparation rather than being caught offguard again... we won't lose out if CM doesn't come but if it comes and we are not prepared, then we may miss boat again or something... :spliff:

testtest
05-02-12, 09:19
Hmm...looks like u missed the boat :)

oh yes, i missed many....but not this :doh:

lifeline
05-02-12, 09:26
Yes yes... i also hope it won't tighten any further but we all know the last CM was targetted at a very small group of buyers in terms of stabalizing home prices. It prices still persist to rise at those uncomfortable level, can we expect anything else? The last CM caught many by surprice, didn't it? It's always good to have mental preparation rather than being caught offguard again... we won't lose out if CM doesn't come but if it comes and we are not prepared, then we may miss boat again or something... :spliff:

according to a friend, he feels there will not be any more cm6, as cm5 already in place to counter this covert qe3.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-Fed-Dirty-Little-Secret-etfguide-1520664491.html?x=0

Xan
05-02-12, 09:30
oh yes, i missed many....but not this :doh:

Haha, how unfortunate. But I certainly will believe u.
Stay cool. :)

Xan
05-02-12, 09:47
Yes yes... i also hope it won't tighten any further but we all know the last CM was targetted at a very small group of buyers in terms of stabalizing home prices. It prices still persist to rise at those uncomfortable level, can we expect anything else? The last CM caught many by surprice, didn't it? It's always good to have mental preparation rather than being caught offguard again... we won't lose out if CM doesn't come but if it comes and we are not prepared, then we may miss boat again or something... :spliff:

But this small group of buyers, also known as foreigners, are very penetrative in our property market. They start to play in RCR and CCR segment, then they bring their briefcase filled with all cash and walk in OCR show flat to buy OCR properties.That's why govt step in else OCR px will be rocket high. If OCR rocket high, then RCR and CCR need not to say further.

OCR PC is ultimately the dream of many Singaporeans. Govt cannot let them play to their heart content.

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 09:52
Unfortunately it has already gone up quite a bit.
But this small group of buyers, also known as foreigners, are very penetrative in our property market. They start to play in RCR and CCR segment, then they bring their briefcase filled with all cash and walk in OCR show flat to buy OCR properties.That's why govt step in else OCR px will be rocket high. If OCR rocket high, then RCR and CCR need not to say further.

OCR PC is ultimately the dream of many Singaporeans. Govt cannot let them play to their heart content.

Tripp
05-02-12, 09:52
http://www.feo.com.sg/FEOCORP.WEB/index.aspx?page=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 850 units sold"

azeoprop
05-02-12, 09:56
Wow....amazing achievement! :cheers4:

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 09:59
Not difficult to hit 900 this weekend.
http://www.feo.com.sg/FEOCORP.WEB/index.aspx?page=quick-search

FEO Ticker: "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 850 units sold"

phantom_opera
05-02-12, 10:03
Remind me of hello kitty McDonald

howgozit
05-02-12, 10:30
Wow!

This time Singaporeans can't blame foreigners anymore for the prices cheonging.

I marvel at the property crazy Singaporeans. I wonder what is the income of the average buyer and what their debt-to-income ratio is like.

Not to say Watertown is no good but it is certainly not cheap. For the same price, there are a lot of options in the resale market.

DC33_2008
05-02-12, 10:32
Water Dragon is doing the work. ;)
Wow!

This time Singaporeans can't blame foreigners anymore for the prices cheonging.

I marvel at the property crazy Singaporeans. I wonder what is the income of the average buyer and what their debt-to-income ratio is like.

Not to say Watertown is no good but it is certainly not cheap. For the same price, there are a lot of options in the resale market.

rattydrama
05-02-12, 11:05
with the success of centris, many more intergrated project will be developed.
singaporeans are not stupid. And they really have a lot of spare cash.
huat huat huat

rattydrama
05-02-12, 11:20
with the success of centris, many more intergrated project will be developed.
singaporeans are not stupid. And they really have a lot of spare cash.
huat huat huat

yowetan
05-02-12, 11:31
I am keen to buy one unit, however I have limited budget and probably eligible for 60% LTV since I already have a HDB flat. My concern is I can only afford 500+kSGD unit since 40% upfront payment is really alot to me and my family.

Xan
05-02-12, 11:35
I am keen to buy one unit, however I have limited budget and probably eligible for 60% LTV since I already have a HDB flat. My concern is I can only afford 500+kSGD unit since 40% upfront payment is really alot to me and my family.

Then no point pushing yourself to this limit and no need die die must buy WT.
Why not see see look look first.
You might want to wait for the wee hur plot.
Or like what others say, put your money elsewhere instead of buying props.