PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ikan bilis
26-01-12, 07:51
Some question: is facing LRT track really that bad ??.. for this project, the LRT track is like same height as the mall, and below those soho/suite's height ?..

minority
26-01-12, 07:52
not just d15, but a lot of other places as well.

Totally agree. so many Carrot head chop by FEO smoke n mirror marketing...

minority
26-01-12, 07:54
But really got to to give FEO props for being able to market Watertown well.

With the recent new CM and the bearish property sentiment, FEO still able to launch at 1K to 1.5K. Many are still flocking there to grab a unit.

Salute.

only 2 Words..

CARROT HEADS.....

minority
26-01-12, 07:55
Congrats on your purchase.

Below 1K psf for this I reckon is a good buy, with the convenience of the MRT and mall at your doorstep.

Yeah connivence at the end of the MRT line.....

minority
26-01-12, 07:57
You all are not getting it. ;)

It's the quantum. The secret of FEO in OCR is tiny size with affordable lump sum figure.

Never had a "condo" been so affordable. Less than 700k ! Imagine a resale HDB is already 600k.:rolleyes:

I can sell u a store room for 500K and call it cheap too! thats why I always give all FEO project a miss. If hear FEO win a land bid quickly go look ard the secondary market near by. For sure FEO will price 10yrs worth of price in the new launch... ;)

Look at bishan 8! its a good example. I think many stil barely break even after 10yrs.

minority
26-01-12, 08:00
Why so hot? This is not true riverside living!

I was in Amsterdam just yesterday this is what riverside living looks and feels like:

Will it be the same for watertown?

Watertown should rename to CarrotTown. plant Carrot in all the green area.

Look at FEO marketing ad. can see fireworks and City.. same marketing at silversea like its just beside Marina Flyer and Sands..... Smoke n Mirrors lah. All the $ go the marketing hah hah...

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 08:03
It is convenient but too close for comfort as one would like to come back to a peaceful home. Different people different preference.
Travel time to NUS by MRT actually cut down significantly with the circle line for NorthEast folks. Also, many people need to walk or take bus to reach MRT station which is another 15 to 20mins gone. Staying directly on top of MRT is definitely an asset.

minority
26-01-12, 08:09
Some question: is facing LRT track really that bad ??.. for this project, the LRT track is like same height as the mall, and below those soho/suite's height ?..

Yeah not that bad. Just remember to use the SAF grade ear plugs when u are staying in.. I am sure FEO not so stingy and will provide 1mth supply.

amk
26-01-12, 08:28
so much so that if we took the psf of each region, we'll probably get a blurring between CCR, OCR and RCR. in the end it's just one R, and it's the whole island of singapore perhaps.

Not really . You have to do apple to apple compare. MM in CCR is still 2 times the psf of MM in OCR.
And btw large size 3 or 4bds are almost nonexistent now in OCR new launches ! size is the real luxury. 1500 3bd and 2000 4bd is going to be CCR exclusive very soon.

Rosy
26-01-12, 08:30
Not really . You have to do apple to apple compare. MM in CCR is still 2 times the psf of MM in OCR.
And btw large size 3 or 4bds are almost nonexistent now in OCR new launches ! size is the real luxury. 1500 3bd and 2000 4bd is going to be CCR exclusive very soon.
The problem is new launches in ccr also shrinks its sizes.

Ultra rich buyers may not like to buy too old condos of let say more than 10years old.

amk
26-01-12, 09:03
The problem is new launches in ccr also shrinks its sizes.

Not all. Most decent CCR new launches have decent sizes. Goodwood Residences, Cyan, and those bunch along Patterson hill. Actually it's really a mix. You have speculative plays, also have true luxury plays. As I said, true luxury lies in space, for luxury segment you will always have generous sized apartments.
But for OCR now, name me one new launch who has big 3bd > 1400 sqft, 4bd > 1900 sqft ? The marketing strategy for this segment is different. It's very clear affordability is the key.

Wild Falcon
26-01-12, 09:38
Those launched quite some time ago. Not considered "new" launches. Cyan still considered new launch?

CCR starts the SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL trend. In the past, it is impossible to find studios in the outskirts. It's only recently the small studios move to the suburbs. Try to find a completed studio unit in OCR - not easy. It has been a while small units have been used in CCR and RCR to push up PSF. And as I've predicted, the trend moves to OCR as well. OCR is always a follower, not a leader.

In fact, I have problem naming OCR launches with only MMs (maybe D19 only?). But for CCR, I can at least name a few without cracking my head like Holland Suites, Mackenzie, or Sophia Suites or Steven Suites or this or that Suites or Newton Edge or sth like that. These developments are pure hardcore MM developments. And to be fair comparison, OCR consist of 18 districts while CCR only 5 districts? So theoretically if there are many pure MM developments, I should be able to name 4x more.

The trend to move smaller has been there across all districts. Just see with less biasness.

Not all. Most decent CCR new launches have decent sizes. Goodwood Residences, Cyan, and those bunch along Patterson hill. Actually it's really a mix. You have speculative plays, also have true luxury plays. As I said, true luxury lies in space, for luxury segment you will always have generous sized apartments.
But for OCR now, name me one new launch who has big 3bd > 1400 sqft, 4bd > 1900 sqft ? The marketing strategy for this segment is different. It's very clear affordability is the key.

amk
26-01-12, 10:13
I'm not only referring to MMs. MMs are pure speculative play.

I'm referring to family size apartments in general. Can u name me one OCR new launch with 3bd > 1400 and 4bd > 1800 ? Can you name the same in CCR ? I already said CCR is a mixed play.

You are of course correct to say downsizing is across the board. The difference is, proper CCR new launches are still decent sized , like CAPL's Urban ***. Whereas even proper OCR new launches are not. 3bd < 1200 is a norm. Dun quote those hardcore oxley developments which are pure profiteering.

We've been to this many times already and neither can convince th other. My view has always been, the OCR buyers did not get richer. It's the apartment being sold in OCR that get cheaper by being smaller. Pte properties used to be for the 20%, very soon it will be 40%. This does not mean the other 20% suddenly got rich.

amk
26-01-12, 10:17
And to upgrade to a private condo is every HDB household's dream. The market for this is huge. How to achieve this within the means of upgraders , Watertown is the best example. Overall, every one is happy. Buyers, developers, even KBW.

phantom_opera
26-01-12, 10:45
Suites - fancy term for small units
1BR (~533-540 sqft) x 117 units
2BR Compact (~573- 593 sqft) x 266 units

SOHO - fancy term for high ceiling units
2BR Compact (~595– 612 sqft) x 163 units
3BR Compact (~812- 823 sqft) x 109 units

66% below 823sqft
55% below 612sqft

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 10:47
We need them to prop up the property price. KBW should be studying on the % of people who bought condos:
a. rented out their hdb flats;
b. sold their flats, etc.

And to upgrade to a private condo is every HDB household's dream. The market for this is huge. How to achieve this within the means of upgraders , Watertown is the best example. Overall, every one is happy. Buyers, developers, even KBW.

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 10:50
The FEO advert shows SOHO has 3.4m. This will be a problem if you want to have a mezzanine floor. :doh:
Suites - fancy term for small units
1BR (~533-540 sqft) x 117 units
2BR Compact (~573- 593 sqft) x 266 units

SOHO - fancy term for high ceiling units
2BR Compact (~595– 612 sqft) x 163 units
3BR Compact (~812- 823 sqft) x 109 units

66% below 823sqft
55% below 612sqft

sh
26-01-12, 10:56
We need them to prop up the property price. KBW should be studying on the % of people who bought condos:
a. rented out their hdb flats;
b. sold their flats, etc.

c. continue to stay in HDB and rent out condo

80% stay in HDB, but 40% owns condo.... figures don't add up but that's increasingly becoming reality.:doh:

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 11:05
a. is the same as c. unless stay in hdb and rent out condos 2,3,...
c. continue to stay in HDB and rent out condo.

Got a single who bought the old flat from father and rent it out but stay with father in brother's flats. Good rental for a 3 room for $2.2k.

80% stay in HDB, but 40% owns condo.... figures don't add up but that's increasingly becoming reality.:doh:

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 11:07
Hope garment will not introduce a different property tax bracket for the no. of condos. :beats-me-man:
c. continue to stay in HDB and rent out condo

teddybear
26-01-12, 11:57
Does it solve the problem this way?
Since those pushing up OCR private property prices are HDB upgraders probably buying their 1st private property, property's property tax increase 200% for 1st private property? :doh: Fainted! Hope we don't such half-baked new rules & regulations! :banghead:

To tame HDB flats resale prices & super high HDB flat rentals (the major source of money enabling so many to chase up OCR private property prices), may be should implement additional property tax for tenanted HDB properties at 50% of AV instead of current 10%? Then they guai guai sell their non-residential HDB flats lor!
But hor, so many tenanted out HDB flats without reporting to HDB and reporting as income, IRAS & HDB better go catch these people lah! :mad:

Hope garment will not introduce a different property tax bracket for the no. of condos. :beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 12:08
It is no good to all multiple home owners. It is not difficult for garment to track down this group of people who rent out their flats w/o permission. It all depends whether they want and worth doing it.
Since those pushing up OCR private property prices are HDB upgraders probably buying their 1st private property, property's property tax increase 200% for 1st private property? :doh: Fainted! Hope we don't such half-baked new rules & regulations! :banghead:

To tame HDB flats resale prices & super high HDB flat rentals (the major source of money enabling so many to chase up OCR private property prices), may be should implement additional property tax for tenanted HDB properties at 50% of AV instead of current 10%? Then they guai guai sell their non-residential HDB flats lor!
But hor, so many tenanted out HDB flats without reporting to HDB and reporting as income, IRAS & HDB better go catch these people lah! :mad:

flxcat
26-01-12, 13:17
It is no good to all multiple home owners. It is not difficult for garment to track down this group of people who rent out their flats w/o permission. It all depends whether they want and worth doing it.

On 938 radio talkshow this morning, SLP Nicholas Mak share one possibility that if hdb not allow to rent out, will create a problem for middle income foreign professionals working here. Condo might be out of their budget.

Guess our govt is aware of this long time ago. So doubt they want to curb HDB renting unless they have a way to solve this issue since Singapore needs the foreign talent. Unless there are enough supply in pte condo And rental drop to an equilibrium point and become affordable for them to rent. When that is achieved maybe the HDB rental will start to see intervention from govt. pure speculation for the fun of discussion, no concrete ground to support this argument. Cheers!:)

Arcachon
26-01-12, 13:24

IRAS and HDB busy preparing for audit.

fclim
26-01-12, 13:25
I'm not only referring to MMs. MMs are pure speculative play.

I'm referring to family size apartments in general. Can u name me one OCR new launch with 3bd > 1400 and 4bd > 1800 ? Can you name the same in CCR ? I already said CCR is a mixed play.

You are of course correct to say downsizing is across the board. The difference is, proper CCR new launches are still decent sized , like CAPL's Urban ***. Whereas even proper OCR new launches are not. 3bd < 1200 is a norm. Dun quote those hardcore oxley developments which are pure profiteering.

We've been to this many times already and neither can convince th other. My view has always been, the OCR buyers did not get richer. It's the apartment being sold in OCR that get cheaper by being smaller. Pte properties used to be for the 20%, very soon it will be 40%. This does not mean the other 20% suddenly got rich.

Today, 1 in every 12 Singaporeans is aged 65 and above. By 2030, this ratio will increase to 1 in every 5 Singaporeans. Wouldn't well located MMs with amenities be in demand?

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 13:30
It will be MM by HDB not private MM.
Today, 1 in every 12 Singaporeans is aged 65 and above. By 2030, this ratio will increase to 1 in every 5 Singaporeans. Wouldn't well located MMs with amenities be in demand?

ysyap
26-01-12, 13:33
Today, 1 in every 12 Singaporeans is aged 65 and above. By 2030, this ratio will increase to 1 in every 5 Singaporeans. Wouldn't well located MMs with amenities be in demand?2030 is still 18 years away... probably moved house 2 more times and bought and sold another 4 properties already... hmmm... maybe should just hold on to a good location FH and wait for good asking in 20 years? ;)

DC33_2008
26-01-12, 13:52
Why Sell? Buy good ones and keep them for rental income. Retire in the smaller unit when times come but certainly not a MM unit.
2030 is still 18 years away... probably moved house 2 more times and bought and sold another 4 properties already... hmmm... maybe should just hold on to a good location FH and wait for good asking in 20 years? ;)

Jonathan0503
26-01-12, 15:30
Why Sell? Buy good ones and keep them for rental income. Retire in the smaller unit when times come but certainly not a MM unit.

Why not retire in MM leh?

Thought should be better since less cleaning and maintenance to do? When old, might not have a lot of energy and strength to do all the household chores woh

chiaberry
26-01-12, 15:43
I wonder what will happen if the rental market becomes saturated. More units than tenants. Then this will ruin the plans of many who would be relying on the rental income. FT may flock elsewhere eg China, India. Who knows what the economic scenario may be like in 20 years time? It may not be prudent to put all eggs in one basked (ie Singpaore property).

beepbeep
26-01-12, 15:44
Why so hot? This is not true riverside living!

I was in Amsterdam just yesterday this is what riverside living looks and feels like:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406399_10150515426342568_2006997886_n.jpg

Will it be the same for watertown?

Whats the smell like?

If Watertown is to be build this way, you will have another set of complain.

Kenshinto80
26-01-12, 17:09
Whats the smell like?

If Watertown is to be build this way, you will have another set of complain.
Wat kinda of complaints? Pic seems nice. :)

hyenergix
26-01-12, 17:39
I used to study in Netherlands. Nice picturesque place. No smell from the waterways because the waters are always flowing gently and people do not litter into them.

ysyap
26-01-12, 18:10
Why Sell? Buy good ones and keep them for rental income. Retire in the smaller unit when times come but certainly not a MM unit.Sell when the asking is too tempting to reject. Keep when asking is too low for liking. Yes... will definitely keep at least 1 unit for rental purposes and for old age... :)

ysyap
26-01-12, 18:12
I wonder what will happen if the rental market becomes saturated. More units than tenants. Then this will ruin the plans of many who would be relying on the rental income. FT may flock elsewhere eg China, India. Who knows what the economic scenario may be like in 20 years time? It may not be prudent to put all eggs in one basked (ie Singpaore property).Don't worry lah... our lovely govt will always supplement foreigner supply so rental market will not be too badly affected. HDB rental market being the lowest tier of that market will be comfortably cushioned... :rolleyes:

TMATT
26-01-12, 20:15
Early Jan 2009 is about $688psf,
actual data available ---
BISHAN 8 BISHAN STREET 21 Condominium 1 925,000 1,163 Strata 796psf Feb-10

ISHAN 8 BISHAN STREET 21 Condominium 1 1,470,000 1,163 Strata 1,260psf Dec-11

so not true that it does not raise, unless you are refer to 10yrs ago, they launch at 1300psf????

Although i did not have any FarEast Project property, but most of them who buy actually do benefit from it, of course few years later what the outcome no one know.

I can sell u a store room for 500K and call it cheap too! thats why I always give all FEO project a miss. If hear FEO win a land bid quickly go look ard the secondary market near by. For sure FEO will price 10yrs worth of price in the new launch... ;)

Look at bishan 8! its a good example. I think many stil barely break even after 10yrs.

azeoprop
26-01-12, 20:59
Take a look inside watertown and waterway point mall. :p

http://youtu.be/6Gf9rmxbY9U

maisonjai
26-01-12, 21:42
the video power la, ma chiam ura's concept plan for punggol 21..haha

minority
26-01-12, 22:05
Silversea. Got sea breeze, dunno got sea view anot.

Silversea is FEO dont expect any good deal. Buyer are the loosers. at least for the 1st 10-20 yrs.

minority
26-01-12, 22:07
On 938 radio talkshow this morning, SLP Nicholas Mak share one possibility that if hdb not allow to rent out, will create a problem for middle income foreign professionals working here. Condo might be out of their budget.

Guess our govt is aware of this long time ago. So doubt they want to curb HDB renting unless they have a way to solve this issue since Singapore needs the foreign talent. Unless there are enough supply in pte condo And rental drop to an equilibrium point and become affordable for them to rent. When that is achieved maybe the HDB rental will start to see intervention from govt. pure speculation for the fun of discussion, no concrete ground to support this argument. Cheers!:)

one way! government enbloc flats are re rent to foreign workers only. and control rental price. if u cant get rid of speculation! fix them!

minority
26-01-12, 22:08

Sorry.. not at the current price. Old folks home will be in demand. Health care will be in demand.

azeoprop
26-01-12, 22:14
Maybe next time they can convert the suites blocks into an upmarket old folks home. :rolleyes:

Who says old folks home have to be lousy with limited funds and class c ward look alike rooms.

dtrax
27-01-12, 04:06
I used to study in Netherlands. Nice picturesque place. No smell from the waterways because the waters are always flowing gently and people do not litter into them.

No smell at all!

ysyap
27-01-12, 05:29
one way! government enbloc flats are re rent to foreign workers only. and control rental price. if u cant get rid of speculation! fix them!There are insufficient old hdb blocks to be enbloc and to accomodate these previous owners, same number of new BTO flats must be built. At our current situation with a lack of supply, this project would at least take another 10 years to materialize, if it ever is implemented.

Also, this is a money losing job for HDB. Not only do they spend on building new BTO and earn less coz give to existing enblc owners, govt also need to spend to refurbish these old old blocks to ensure at least structural stability and that is another cost down the drain. It is a money losing portfolio.. unlikely it will be approved... :scared-4:

fclim
27-01-12, 07:24
Sorry.. not at the current price. Old folks home will be in demand. Health care will be in demand.

Current price in 2020 will look cheap. Old folks home in 2020 will cost $10,000 per person per month due to huge demand and no supply.

What will happen to all the MMs then? I think we are quite screwed. In order to have a vibrant economy, the gahmen has no choice but to bring in more and more foreign "talent" else we go the way of Japan. But, Japan is a huge country. It will be a huge political price to pay. Will these foreign "talent" rent the MMs?:beats-me-man:

Singaporeans are not having enough children and building MMs definitely encourages that. We are now building to accommodate a population of 5 million and we definitely need to sustain this number or else property prices will drop. With an ageing population and a slow birth rate, how else can the current population numbers be sustained?

kane
27-01-12, 07:40
The agent that served me behaved as if I was wasting his time. See all the showrooms but never commit on the spot. Tsk tsk. Business was good huh until he can have such arrogant attitude.

DC33_2008
27-01-12, 08:00
We need a balance of mid and high level workforce (Singaporean and FTs) to help to pay taxes in 20 years time in a greying population. Otherwise, garment will have to raise GST (I think it will come very soon) and all other taxes. This has already happened in developed countries. Working adults in the future may earn more but take home may not be more.
Current price in 2020 will look cheap. Old folks home in 2020 will cost $10,000 per person per month due to huge demand and no supply.

What will happen to all the MMs then? I think we are quite screwed. In order to have a vibrant economy, the gahmen has no choice but to bring in more and more foreign "talent" else we go the way of Japan. But, Japan is a huge country. It will be a huge political price to pay. Will these foreign "talent" rent the MMs?:beats-me-man:

Singaporeans are not having enough children and building MMs definitely encourages that. We are now building to accommodate a population of 5 million and we definitely need to sustain this number or else property prices will drop. With an ageing population and a slow birth rate, how else can the current population numbers be sustained?

phantom_opera
27-01-12, 08:15
The agent that served me behaved as if I was wasting his time. See all the showrooms but never commit on the spot. Tsk tsk. Business was good huh until he can have such arrogant attitude.

Huh yaya papaya agents :simmering: ?! Normally I will bring my own agent when I intend to buy. How is sales for SL's Tampines EC, saw full page ad today

DC33_2008
27-01-12, 08:16
BTW, the senior citizen in the next 10-20 years are the baby boomers who have cash and capital appreciated house(s). It is the subsequent generations that may suffer.
Maybe next time they can convert the suites blocks into an upmarket old folks home. :rolleyes:

Who says old folks home have to be lousy with limited funds and class c ward look alike rooms.

ysyap
27-01-12, 09:08
Huh yaya papaya agents :simmering: ?! Normally I will bring my own agent when I intend to buy. How is sales for SL's Tampines EC, saw full page ad todayHow to bring own agent to showflats if his/her company is not represented in the new project?

Allthepies
27-01-12, 10:10
ha all brothers and sisters here, no point arguing about properties now, it no longer as lucrative as before, it is at all time high, buy only for staying only....

go for property stocks =) cheong >10% in 2 days :D :D :D

DC33_2008
27-01-12, 10:28
Miss out on CDL. :(
ha all brothers and sisters here, no point arguing about properties now, it no longer as lucrative as before, it is at all time high, buy only for staying only....

go for property stocks =) cheong >10% in 2 days :D :D :D

Jonathan0503
27-01-12, 12:28
How to bring own agent to showflats if his/her company is not represented in the new project?

Own agent that we bring is representing us as the buyer. The project's agent is representing the seller. Normally, the commission paid by the seller will be shared between the 2 agents.

Am I correct?

mygeemeel
27-01-12, 12:54
Own agent that we bring is representing us as the buyer. The project's agent is representing the seller. Normally, the commission paid by the seller will be shared between the 2 agents.

Am I correct?

It will not be 50/50 sharing. For outside agents (meaning your own agents), they will always get higher commission from the developer. Example: If inhouse agent gets 0.3%, outside agents will get 0.5%.

What some people are doing is, they bring their outside agent, get the 0.5% and then share between the buyer and the agent they went with.

Some people will also source for their own bankers because the referral fees can be as much as 0.5%. The outside agent can also share with the buyer.

Note: this methods are not correct procedure. Do it at your own risk.

TMATT
27-01-12, 23:36
Yes, that why alway good to bring Close Friends/Relatives who are Property Agent to visit the project that likely to purchase.

benefit everyone too, and they can provide better service that match our expectation, since know each other.

Am I correct?

kane
27-01-12, 23:53
Huh yaya papaya agents :simmering: ?! Normally I will bring my own agent when I intend to buy. How is sales for SL's Tampines EC, saw full page ad today

Such poor attitude, even if it was a 50-50 decision, that attitude would have killed any interest.

Eastboy
28-01-12, 09:45
just wait for the next project next to WT for those who have missed the 'early-bird', just wait for Wee Haur la. i am quite sure it'll be cheaper than WT - between ATT and WT prices, ultimately still next to MRT and u don't have put up with 'heartlanders' walking and screaming all over the shops below you.....

TMATT
28-01-12, 12:25
Agree, Wee Hur project price will be between Watertown & Treasure Trove.
unless they set a price that will cause ---- :jaw-dropping:

$1250psf (Expensive, but possible if build many 400sqft at this price, which is $500K only)

$600psf (Cheap Cheap, this one sure all go in even crises)

just wait for the next project next to WT for those who have missed the 'early-bird', just wait for Wee Haur la. i am quite sure it'll be cheaper than WT - between ATT and WT prices, ultimately still next to MRT and u don't have put up with 'heartlanders' walking and screaming all over the shops below you.....

fclim
28-01-12, 12:52

More like foreign workers hanging around the shops since they will be building and building HDB/Condos in Punggol for the next 10 years.. hehehe..

Xan
28-01-12, 13:42
I try to convince myself to buy wee hur as I feel it might be cheaper. But then how cheap can it be? Most likely it's between the price of ATT and WT.
In the end I pek chek and buy WT. Sigh.... No patience to wait, plus I dun really impressed by wee hur site which is surrounded by HDB so closely.

kane
28-01-12, 13:55
All also surrounded by hdb mah.

Xan
28-01-12, 14:09
Wee hur is very near interchange and dislike bus noise.
Wee hur surrounded by HDB very closely and feel that the price won't be cheaper by a lot.
WT not as close to HDB than wee hur.
I recee the site two times already.
Furthermore I didn't buy WT more than 1.1kpsf so I think it's still reasonable.
Anyway, tired of waiting..... Just buy lor.

kane
28-01-12, 14:14
Wee hur is very near interchange and dislike bus noise.
Wee hur surrounded by HDB very closely and feel that the price won't be cheaper by a lot.
WT not as close to HDB than wee hur.
I recee the site two times already.
Furthermore I didn't buy WT more than 1.1kpsf so I think it's still reasonable.
Anyway, tired of waiting..... Just buy lor.

Whatever makes you happy lor. But why must definitely get is area? The price you pay can get freehold in other areas.

Xan
28-01-12, 14:16
Whatever makes you happy lor. But why must definitely get is area? The price you pay can get freehold in other areas.
It's the quantum and convenience I guess.

kane
28-01-12, 14:19
Convenience yes, quantum low meh?

Xan
28-01-12, 14:20
I might stay near city and freehold some more.
But it doesn't mean I can get all the convenience, transport, shopping, makan so easily all in one.
If I'm wrong, then let it be lor. Anyway, my quantum not high, ard 500+k for a 527sqft

kane
28-01-12, 14:21
I might stay near city and freehold some more.
But it doesn't mean I can get all the convenience, transport, shopping, makan so easily all in one.
If I'm wrong, then let it be lor. Anyway, my quantum not high.

Which size are you looking at?

DC33_2008
28-01-12, 14:31
These days, $500k is consider a moderate and affordable amount, especially for those earning more than 150k a year.

kane
28-01-12, 14:34
These days, $500k is consider a moderate and affordable amount, especially for those earning more than 150k a year.

Last time earn 150k, 500k is already considered affordable. 4 years and you can repay the house fully leh.

Xan
28-01-12, 14:34
I did a comparison between seastrand, miltonia and WT.
Seastrand 1 bedder, 570sqft already transact at 560k.
WT 527sqft is also ard this price.
So in the end buy WT cos got the convenience.
Anyway I can't regret already, already sign OTP

DC33_2008
28-01-12, 14:52
What is more important is the passive income. Active income can stop anytime. Passive income maintains your lifestyle.
Last time earn 150k, 500k is already considered affordable. 4 years and you can repay the house fully leh.

Rosy
28-01-12, 14:56
I did a comparison between seastrand, miltonia and WT.
Seastrand 1 bedder, 570sqft already transact at 560k.
WT 527sqft is also ard this price.
So in the end buy WT cos got the convenience.
Anyway I can't regret already, already sign OTP

Just curious, why you use the above projects to compare with WT?

anyway congrats on your purchase

Xan
28-01-12, 14:59
Just curious, why you use the above projects to compare with WT?

anyway congrats on your purchase

My logic is simple.
I use a not so good location like seastrand and yet priced similarly to WT (with similar floor size) before I decide my purchase.

Rosy
28-01-12, 15:01
My logic is simple.
I use a not so good location like seastrand and yet priced similarly to WT (similar size) before I decide my purchase.

your budget limited to 600k? There are cheaper and better resale now.

and may i know why you do not want to buy a ready unit to take the advantage of current low int rate?

Xan
28-01-12, 15:04
Before that, was interested to take a look at parc rosewood becos dirt cheap. But when driving there, maybe I'm stupid or poor direction sense or maybe the location really jia lat, I make 2 attempts but still couldn't get there, in the end I give up

Rosy
28-01-12, 15:05
Before that, was interested to take a look at parc rosewood becos dirt cheap. But when driving there, maybe I'm stupid or poor direction sense or maybe the location really jia lat, I make 2 attempts but still couldn't get there, in the end I I've up

thanks for sharing.

I am wondering the appeal of buying new launches vs resale now.

you are more interested in new launches. however, i am looking at resale now

Xan
28-01-12, 15:06
your budget limited to 600k? There are cheaper and better resale now.

and may i know why you do not want to buy a ready unit to take the advantage of current low int rate?

Since quantum is less, this means I borrow very little as well. Interest rate doesn't affects me much.
I do take a look at those near completion with good location but the asking price still ridiculous.
My sense is price correction has not take its full effect yet and I know many sinkies got holding power.

Rosy
28-01-12, 15:13
Since quantum is less, this means I borrow very little as well. Interest rate doesn't affects me much.
I do take a look at those near completion with good location but the asking price still ridiculous.

Ic.

I think new properties have a greater appeal.

I do not feel comfortable buying off floor plans.

and yes, i also avoid just TOP projects. 5-10years old and FH is great for me

DC33_2008
28-01-12, 15:17
Garment first attempt with Punggol 21 did not succeed. Now it is being released with help of private developers.

minority
28-01-12, 16:10
Don't understand why pple rush to buy WT. d15 got so many ard the same Psf. Must well consider tan jong rhu? So near city. Gardens by the bay. New East line. Can rent out now.

Dont understand sgp so many carrot head.

Xan
28-01-12, 16:25
Don't understand why pple rush to buy WT. d15 got so many ard the same Psf. Must well consider tan jong rhu? So near city. Gardens by the bay. New East line. Can rent out now.

Dont understand sgp so many carrot head.

Ya lor, u damn smart lah. U think i never consider tanjong rhu? Which unit in tanjong rhu sells below 570k now?

amk
28-01-12, 16:43
Xan does have a point. At 5-600k, with mall and MRT, u cannot get that even in HDB. This is the beauty of FEO marketing.
The real question is, do we have other avenues for a 500k investment ?

toiletsiao
28-01-12, 16:52
Xan does have a point. At 5-600k, with mall and MRT, u cannot get that even in HDB. This is the beauty of FEO marketing.
The real question is, do we have other avenues for a 500k investment ?

Actually have la ... Clement mall ... Upstairs is actually hdb ... But yah I think that is the only hdb with similar attributes

toiletsiao
28-01-12, 16:54
Ya lor, u damn smart lah. U think i never consider tanjong rhu? Which unit in tanjong rhu sells below 570k now?

Haha spot on .... It's an issue of quantum nowadays ...

TMATT
28-01-12, 17:12
Good point. For those who insult ppl buy Watertown pls do stop it.
If you not going to congret them,don't pour cold water too.

Respect is the Key

minority
28-01-12, 17:31

Respect is the Key

Ok ok my wrong. I retract. WaterTown is really a good buy. Where to find a place so far so connected so dense yet so cheap?

I guess 570sf 2 bedded is a new nom? I think if I have to spend the 570k I will go buy a 4 room or 5 room next block. Enjoy the mrt the mall yet got lots of space. But then that's me. Maybe I old fashion need space.

I think FEO should sell the Bomb shelter for 200k! I think sure sold out. Should write in see can they build a bomb shelter tower a not.

Xan
28-01-12, 17:57
Ok ok my wrong. I retract. WaterTown is really a good buy. Where to find a place so far so connected so dense yet so cheap?

I guess 570sf 2 bedded is a new nom? I think if I have to spend the 570k I will go buy a 4 room or 5 room next block. Enjoy the mrt the mall yet got lots of space. But then that's me. Maybe I old fashion need space.

I think FEO should sell the Bomb shelter for 200k! I think sure sold out. Should write in see can they build a bomb shelter tower a not.

If i can buy hdb i wld have already done so.. Smart alec!
Diff pple diff situations.
U think u sure get hdb next block? My cousin tried applied 3 times all kenna rejected.
U still living in your own world
U sound like all buyers use their butt to think and make decision?

jwong71
28-01-12, 18:16
If i can buy hdb i wld have already done so.. Smart alec!
Diff pple diff situations.
U think u sure get hdb next block? My cousin tried applied 3 times all kenna rejected.
U still living in your own world
U sound like all buyers use their butt to think and make decision?

i have some friends ballot for 3x to 7x, all rejected.

cos either spouse existing address is either a landed house, or a private condo.
zero chance!!

if ur cousin stay hdb and still kena reject.. that's sway!!

Xan
28-01-12, 18:29

cos either spouse existing address is either a landed house, or a private condo.
zero chance!!

My cousin apply for the hdb next to ATT get rejected. Probably becos all vying for that location due to amendities. When theres so many competitors for a good site and u cant get it, it is not due to sway... Just simply means too many competitors

yjcai
28-01-12, 18:44

Genuine demand. Some buy for investment but I believe got people buy it to stay. Birth rate is inching up.

They give more discount to HDB addresses. It means they want to attract certain group of buyers and market a new avenue of lifestyle living. I think Far East is making people bite. Near to Mall, MRT, low quantum, coupled with good advertisements during news hour. I think it is a good deal for Soho stayers (3.4m). After all you get a nice park connector that resembles the one at river valley and tanglin PCN. If you find your house too small, just go to the shopping mall and pay 300-400 maint fees monthly. I do not prefer this kind of lifestyle

But reading a couple of forums, some people bite the suites facing the west sun at 9xx nett psf really purely for investment to rent out. I think it is slightly not proven.

danntbt
28-01-12, 20:03

zero chance!!

????????what kind of logic is this? As long s the couple do not own private property and did not buy more than the max number of time from HDB they are eligible, even if they live in a private property which might be owned by their parents etc.....

danntbt
28-01-12, 20:06
west sun to many is not an issue as they are at work in the day time or at play during weekend...esp small units which occupants are likely to be working adults rather than families....some ang mho prefer West sun as it makes the house brighter...

Panerex77
28-01-12, 20:13
After reading minority's threads, I really wonder where minoriy bro is staying, or which areas is he investing in?
He/ she seems to have much personal opinions against feo projects. Maybe someone from a competitor of feo? Haha

minority
28-01-12, 21:42
After reading minority's threads, I really wonder where minoriy bro is staying, or which areas is he investing in?
He/ she seems to have much personal opinions against feo projects. Maybe someone from a competitor of feo? Haha

Hah hah I am just a strictly no FEO person. any developer CDL, Capital, WingTai, also better then FEO.

FEO quality is poor. they reuse same material across all projects. lack design inovation always cookie cut across projects, Buy land FH sell as LH. And for all these they charge super premium. and market it as though its a good deal.

Thats why I say FEO is not worth it. WT or CarrotTown.. the river facing units 1300psf? for a LH99? must well go some where nearer to city. ( I shall not mention places incase pple say I bias on location)

fclim
28-01-12, 22:37

Respect is the Key

There is no such thing as a perfect project. That's why there will always be positive as well as negative points. Not a bad thing as it gives a balanced view.

The issue is not whether WT is lousy, but whether it is worth the $1,200 psf or so. But many missed the quantum part, although paying $2M for a 4 bedder is quite high, IMO. $570K 1 bedder is reasonable, but space wise, not too sure.

If WT is selling for $700 to $800 psf, then I am sure there will be more positive comments.

Rosy
28-01-12, 22:44
I will buy a 3bedder facing the waterway for 800psf even though i prefer resale with immediate income.

kane
28-01-12, 22:48
I will buy a 3bedder facing the waterway for 800psf even though i prefer resale with immediate income.

where selling 800psf?

Allthepies
28-01-12, 22:51
If buying for investment, this is really not a fantastic buy, u can dump ur 500k into property stocks, already up more than 10% in 2days if u have done tat. However property is already peakish. May see CM 6 - 20 depending on how loud the whiners are :doh:

If buying for stay, then it all boils down to own preference, so no comment.

Rosy
28-01-12, 22:51
where selling 800psf?
U get the wrong idea.

kane
28-01-12, 22:54
U get the wrong idea.

feeling slow tonight, enlighten me.

Xan
28-01-12, 23:15

Hi Bro Panerex, pls do not feel annoyed by him lah.
This guy simply do not understand the meaning of absolute quantum and the convenience of staying near shopping/MRT. His forte is shouting people carrot head and he keeps himself entertained by his bird stories on the bomb shelter nonsense.

I do have doubts about the space for the 1 +1 suites initially until when the showflat for suites (560sqft) was done up and I find the space and layout quite efficient and liveable. The best part is, I am seeing what I'm buying.

Talking about projects, I buy CDL, MCL, evergreen before and now FEO. The first year I move into a CDL project. the aircon board spoil and when I ask for a replacement, CDL charge me $1200 for the board replacement. The frustrating thing is my condo aircon fails again after the replacement.

Well, diff people prefer diff forms of investment. Some buy property, some buy shares, some buy gold....So far property investment had served me well and I'm pretty comfortable in it. I prefer to invest something I'm familiar with. In actual fact, diff people has diff financial profile and financial management. To each his own lah.

Anyway, I passby WT showflat when cycling at waterway just now.
As at 9.30pm, tower 7 suites almost fully sold (level 3 to 12 all sold).
Left 2 units at 13th floor and very few units at 14th floor.
By looking at this rate, they would probably remove the tower 7 board as all suites will be gone tomorrow.

gfoo
28-01-12, 23:24
the thought process is simply amazing

pineapple
28-01-12, 23:26
Hi Bro Panerex, pls do not feel annoyed by him lah.
This guy simply do not understand the meaning of absolute quantum and the convenience of staying near shopping/MRT. His forte is shouting people carrot head and he keeps himself entertained by his bird stories on the bomb shelter nonsense.

I do have doubts about the space for the 1 +1 suites initially until when the showflat for suites (560sqft) was done up and I find the space and layout quite efficient and liveable. The best part is, I am seeing what I'm buying.

Talking about projects, I buy CDL, MCL, evergreen before and now FEO. The first year I move into a CDL project. the aircon board spoil and when I ask for a replacement, CDL charge me $1200 for the board replacement. The frustrating thing is my condo aircon fails again after the replacement.

Well, diff people prefer diff forms of investment. Some buy property, some buy shares, some buy gold....So far property investment had served me well and I'm pretty comfortable in it. I prefer to invest something I'm familiar with. In actual fact, diff people has diff financial profile and financial management. To each his own lah.

Anyway, I passby WT showflat when cycling at waterway just now.
As at 9.30pm, tower 7 suites almost fully sold (level 3 to 12 all sold).
Left 2 units at 13th floor and very few units at 14th floor.
By looking at this rate, they would probably remove the tower 7 board as all suites will be gone tomorrow.

wow. suites sells really well. :D

Xan
28-01-12, 23:31
wow. suites sells really well. :D

ya lor, but someone still live in denial. :D

kane
28-01-12, 23:32
ya lor, but someone still live in denial. :D

if i was a bachelor, i would consider the soho. but not the rest of the development.

hang on, maybe the 2 bedder 900+sqft as well, yes i would think about that.

GSLJ
28-01-12, 23:34
Went to Watertown to have a look today. The showroom was PACKED with ppl, this project currently above 600 units sold.

The suite(570sf) and the soho (800sf) showflat seems rather spacious, with a good overall layout. But the 2br(900sf) and 3br(1173sf) feels rather crampy, with a small living area. There is also a sky patio (big balcony) showflat for viewing too.

I reckon this project to be selling very well even though the psf pricing seems rather high for punggol, even with MRT and mall at your doorstep. The early bird buyers should have gotten some good deals, as usual for all FEO projects. :)

Xan
28-01-12, 23:36
if i was a bachelor, i would consider the soho. but not the rest of the development.

I also went in SOHO showflat see see look look.
My head and ceiling distance is less than 5cm.
I wonder how I'm going to sleep at night. :D
Anyway, diff people prefer differently.

testtest
28-01-12, 23:48
2M for a 4 br facing lokang waterway is crazy...think people think !!!

:banghead:

kane
28-01-12, 23:50
I also went in SOHO showflat see see look look.
My head and ceiling distance is less than 5cm.
I wonder how I'm going to sleep at night. :D
Anyway, diff people prefer differently.

every morning you have to literally crawl out of bed. that's why i can only imagine myself doing that if i was a bachelor.

kane
28-01-12, 23:51

i think the loud chinese new year music interferes slightly with one's thinking. ha.

Xan
28-01-12, 23:56

Yap. I was shocked by the price as well:eek:
This project price in a weird way, large size, higher psf

kane
29-01-12, 00:02

like what one of the forummers here mentioned before, size is the new luxury.

Panerex77
29-01-12, 00:06
Was there for the buffet dinner today; really packed with pple. Before I left, all the 2 BR condo all sold out Liao across all 3 available towers, except for 2 low floor units in tower 1.

Pple are still buying albiet at a slower pace now.

But seriously, if u look at the showroom, it is pretty impressive and living space is reasonable. Eg 915 sqft for a 2 BR WT condo is of similar size of a hdb new 4-room flat.

Panerex77
29-01-12, 00:10

To be frank, if i can afford 2m, I will buy a landed plus top up a bit

Panerex77
29-01-12, 00:12
Went to Watertown to have a look today. The showroom was PACKED with ppl, this project currently above 600 units sold.

The suite(570sf) and the soho (800sf) showflat seems rather spacious, with a good overall layout. But the 2br(900sf) and 3br(1173sf) feels rather crampy, with a small living area. There is also a sky patio (big balcony) showflat for viewing too.

I reckon this project to be selling very well even though the psf pricing seems rather high for punggol, even with MRT and mall at your doorstep. The early bird buyers should have gotten some good deals, as usual for all FEO projects. :)

Agree. I m totally convinced that to buy feo projects, it shd always be done on the 1st day.

Panerex77
29-01-12, 00:14
i think the loud chinese new year music interferes slightly with one's thinking. ha.

They stop playin those cny music Liao

kane
29-01-12, 00:15
They stop playin those cny music Liao

Oh that's good. I could barely hear myself when I was there.

DKSG
29-01-12, 00:25
Any updates on the units sold ?

Hit 650 already ?

minority
29-01-12, 04:07
To be frank, if i can afford 2m, I will buy a landed plus top up a bit

Totally agree.!

minority
29-01-12, 04:08
Oh that's good. I could barely hear myself when I was there.

sounds like some pressure selling ;) those timeshare event? peer pressure..

Montaigne
29-01-12, 06:35
Viewed this project and really tempted and nearly get the cheque book until spouse reminded: either freehold or EC, others cannot buy. Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf. :(

Panerex77
29-01-12, 07:04
Viewed this project and really tempted and nearly get the cheque book until spouse reminded: either freehold or EC, others cannot buy. Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf. :(

I feel freehold is only useful if u plan to flip it In future.
It u intend to rent it out, freehold will have no positive impact on the rental quantum. In fact, rental yield will be lower due to the higher base purchase amt.

Panerex77
29-01-12, 07:05
For those who got the 2 BR condo, have u decided which flooring to choose? Marble or granite?

hyenergix
29-01-12, 07:09

Always c u hesitate... just go for EC if you are eligible. Cheap and good.

Montaigne
29-01-12, 07:15
I feel freehold is only useful if u plan to flip it In future.
It u intend to rent it out, freehold will have no positive impact on the rental quantum. In fact, rental yield will be lower due to the higher base purchase amt.

Flipping is definitely one consideration. For ownstay and first property, I think better to get freehold. 2nd property onwards 99lh is ok. If cannot afford 2nd property, at least got fh, next time old liao sell and downgrade to studio with cash for simple retirement.

Montaigne
29-01-12, 07:17
Always c u hesitate... just go for EC if you are eligible. Cheap and good.

Agree, but 2nd owner chances low getting desired units. Shall see how. So far this EC seems most worth getting. Housing is a big decision. Cannot chin chye, must hesitate :D

hyenergix
29-01-12, 07:23
Agree, but 2nd owner chances low getting desired units. Shall see how. So far this EC seems most worth getting. Housing is a big decision. Cannot chin chye, must hesitate :D

Can hoot EC still need to think so much? EC is sure make money one, as they are priced 20% less than pte condos. Imagine after another 5 years. ECs at good locations will get less and less with more launches.

Montaigne
29-01-12, 07:34
Can hoot EC still need to think so much? EC is sure make money one, as they are priced 20% less than pte condos. Imagine after another 5 years. ECs at good locations will get less and less with more launches.

EC only can turn private ten years after getting keys. So by then already eaten up tenure by abt 13 good years. Unless u compare a 13 yo pc vs 13yo EC, it should profit more than the pc. However, if that pc is sold at 5th to 8th years, then profit will be higher than to hold the Ec to sell at the 13th year, perhaps even more than the 20% premium if I happen to sell in good times, so ended up not too much diff. Unless I intend to stay forever, if I want to leave flipping options open, EC might not be the best decision afterall.

ysyap
29-01-12, 07:36
Agree, but 2nd owner chances low getting desired units. Shall see how. So far this EC seems most worth getting. Housing is a big decision. Cannot chin chye, must hesitate :DEC no mistake lah... after 10 years become private le... stay like a PC at the cost of near DBSS. :spliff:

Montaigne
29-01-12, 07:37
Problem with lh, tenure does affect pricing, especially those older than 10yo.

hyenergix
29-01-12, 07:42

EC = 20% discount from 99 LH pte condos
FH/999 LH = 20% more than 99 LH pte condos

taggy
29-01-12, 07:42
Anyway no more 1+1 deal at $950psf. :(
i visited the showflat, think 1+1 layout only suitable for single or couple without kid
most ppl bought 1+1 for investment?
predict rental market in punggol to be good?

the 2 room layout is suitable to me, but not the price:banghead:

pineapple
29-01-12, 07:57

huh think that price only possible for some low units on Day 1..

Kenshinto80
29-01-12, 08:13
EC = 20% discount from 99 LH pte condos
FH/999 LH = 20% more than 99 LH pte condos

So that is to say a 1mil 99yr leasehold condo will start to drop to say 900k after 10 yrs? Or you guys talking about the rate of capital appreciation starts to taper off after 10yrs?

hyenergix
29-01-12, 08:18
So that is to say a 1mil 99yr leasehold condo will start to drop to say 900k after 10 yrs? Or you guys talking about the rate of capital appreciation starts to taper off after 10yrs?

A comparison why EC is a better buy than PC, and much better buy than FH/999LH in the same area. The savings of upfront capital and interest payment can be huge.

yowetan
29-01-12, 08:31
Why do people, particularly Singaporean of Today's love getting a private condominium?

What motivates them, and what makes them (including myself) think properties will certainly make us richer?

I, myself do not think property alone would build us wealth.Afterall, we are already complaining we are overly populated as of now. I could not imagine when there are more people migrating into our island.

As much as I love to see my property (HDB) appreciate in value, I certainly do not wish to see my quality of life depreciating along the same timeline.

pineapple
29-01-12, 08:38
Why do people, particularly Singaporean of Today's love getting a private condominium?

What motivates them, and what makes them (including myself) think properties will certainly make us richer?

I, myself do not think property alone would build us wealth.Afterall, we are already complaining we are overly populated as of now. I could not imagine when there are more people migrating into our island.

As much as I love to see my property (HDB) appreciate in value, I certainly do not wish to see my quality of life depreciating along the same timeline.

sometimes there is not much of a choice.. pretty sure quite a number of us are not eligible for EC/DBSS/HDB ... Resales may not present much of a buying opportunity now.

yowetan
29-01-12, 08:48
sometimes there is not much of a choice.. pretty sure quite a number of us are not eligible for EC/DBSS/HDB ... Resales may not present much of a buying opportunity now.

I agree that the eligibility scale for HDB/DBSS/EC could be well-tweak to accomodate current mean household income. However, I believe the current revision from Khaw should be suffice.

I do not understand nor believe most Singaporean household income (assuming a couple in late 20s to early 30s) would fetch a 8kSGD and above. This is far by fetch very minimal unless they got sponsorship from parents. Else, I am unable to figure out how could they afford a 30 years loan from bank though the current interest rate is around 1.0+ % which is attractive, but this wont be forever. I aint sure but it seems to me that most Singaporean are very positive given the recent launches from FEO have been pretty successful.

When will the next CM coming?

azeoprop
29-01-12, 08:52

Yah loh there is a huge population of singles below 35 who cannot buy EC/DBSS/HDB, but will like to have a home for themselves. Thats why MM 400k+ units are so popular.

Kenshinto80
29-01-12, 09:00
That is an excellent point. Known lots of folks who are not eligible for public housing or the increase in limit to $12k came too late and no longer eligible. If want to buy new apartment, no choice. Kinda of discriminating policy that such group of middle income should only get resales and old flats....then sometimes the wives dun wan stay old ones and lead to fight and divorce. Husbands no choice but buy private condo and work like a slave to pay off loan.

ulrich76
29-01-12, 09:10

Freehold near MRT is rare and super ex. Freehold next to MRT is non existent. All factored in already. I dun think there is any difference.

yowetan
29-01-12, 09:10
That is an excellent point. Known lots of folks who are not eligible for public housing or the increase in limit to $12k came too late and no longer eligible. If want to buy new apartment, no choice. Kinda of discriminating policy that such group of middle income should only get resales and old flats....then sometimes the wives dun wan stay old ones and lead to fight and divorce. Husbands no choice but buy private condo and work like a slave to pay off loan.

I think Khaw should revisit the eligible criteria to assess today's and future situation.

The public housing is meant for Singaporean, and not deprived Singaporean from owning one for own stay. HDB could tweak the system whereby all Singaporean regardless of income bracket are allow to purchase public housing but for own stay. It can be sub-let if one has valid reason and documentation to prove their dire situation.

The policy should review and tweak to match all Singaporean expectation; I personally feel this is the basic that government should look after. Roof over ones' head is afterall a basic fundamental to stay warmth, healthy and motivated for the society.

gfoo
29-01-12, 09:19
I agree that the eligibility scale for HDB/DBSS/EC could be well-tweak to accomodate current mean household income. However, I believe the current revision from Khaw should be suffice.

I do not understand nor believe most Singaporean household income (assuming a couple in late 20s to early 30s) would fetch a 8kSGD and above. This is far by fetch very minimal unless they got sponsorship from parents. Else, I am unable to figure out how could they afford a 30 years loan from bank though the current interest rate is around 1.0+ % which is attractive, but this wont be forever. I aint sure but it seems to me that most Singaporean are very positive given the recent launches from FEO have been pretty successful.

When will the next CM coming?

huh? most couples in their late twenties earn more than $8k a month. this is very common

Kenshinto80
29-01-12, 09:24
I think Khaw should revisit the eligible criteria to assess today's and future situation.

The public housing is meant for Singaporean, and not deprived Singaporean from owning one for own stay. HDB could tweak the system whereby all Singaporean regardless of income bracket are allow to purchase public housing but for own stay. It can be sub-let if one has valid reason and documentation to prove their dire situation.

The policy should review and tweak to match all Singaporean expectation; I personally feel this is the basic that government should look after. Roof over ones' head is afterall a basic fundamental to stay warmth, healthy and motivated for the society.
Very well said, my frenz. There are indeed lots of Singaporeans out there who just want a simple roof over their heads without having to work 30 years to pay off silly housing loan. I suspect it maybe a plot to keep Singaporeans working hard so that they got no time to read websites such as TR Emeritus.:)

yowetan
29-01-12, 09:24
huh? most couples in their late twenties earn more than $8k a month. this is very common

I am in my mid thirties, and my household income (my wife and myself) is around 7k. I must be underachieving then.

That must be the reasons why couples nowadays have such optimisim. Good for them.

Kenshinto80
29-01-12, 09:35
A comparison why EC is a better buy than PC, and much better buy than FH/999LH in the same area. The savings of upfront capital and interest payment can be huge.
Lovely...your point reminded me of Austville EC and Riversound Residences by QingJian which are side by side of one another. :cheers6:

TMATT
29-01-12, 09:39
Better not...
Higher income don't touch HDB pls,not even to rent out etc.
Every HDB flat unit are heavy "partly pay" by Government,
This one way those low to middle income can get a HOME.

But if top 20% also demand HDB flat,that will only lead to more hate toward the
Rich,land already not enough in Singapore. Think about our children in future pls.

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 09:43
They could have seen how their grandparents and parents made money from property investment. Properties will only go north with the continuous migration of people here in the future unless Singapore does not attract foreigners anymore. One do not need to retire here given the high cost of living but can use passive income from the home rental to have short-term stay in overseas homes.

yowetan
29-01-12, 09:43
Better not...
Higher income don't touch HDB pls,not even to rent out etc.
Every HDB flat unit are heavy "partly pay" by Government,
This one way those low to middle income can get a HOME.

But if top 20% also demand HDB flat,that will only lead to more hate toward the
Rich,land already not enough in Singapore. Think about our children in future pls.

Please do not get my suggestion wrong; I am refering to one criteria is for own stay ONLY for public housing. No sub-let is allow unless one can prove his and/or her income (household income) is lower than the national average. Then they are allow to sub-let based on such criteria; this will ensure public housing is meant for Singaporean ONLY and not for profit churning and profiteering from rental income etc.

flagship74
29-01-12, 09:45
If buying for investment, this is really not a fantastic buy, u can dump ur 500k into property stocks, already up more than 10% in 2days if u have done tat. However property is already peakish. May see CM 6 - 20 depending on how loud the whiners are :doh:

If buying for stay, then it all boils down to own preference, so no comment.
but what if the stock plunge?:D

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 09:45
BTW, there are people who are doing it illegally either before MOP or w/o seeking HDB approval.
Please do not get my suggestion wrong; I am refering to one criteria is for own stay ONLY for public housing. No sub-let is allow unless one can prove his and/or her income (household income) is lower than the national average. Then they are allow to sub-let based on such criteria; this will ensure public housing is meant for Singaporean ONLY and not for profit churning and profiteering from rental income etc.

yowetan
29-01-12, 09:49
BTW, there are people who are doing it illegally either before MOP or w/o seeking HDB approval.

This group of pest should be punished accordingly and rip them apart to serve a stern message to all Singaporean.

In addition, those who chose to lease with them shall be punished as well. That includes unethical and creative agent who brokerage the deal. I believe such extreme measure will definitely help detering people from exercising creative leasing.

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 09:53
There will be more when more condos TOP in the next few years.
This group of pest should be punished accordingly and rip them apart to serve a stern message to all Singaporean.

In addition, those who chose to lease with them shall be punished as well. That includes unethical and creative agent who brokerage the deal. I believe such extreme measure will definitely help detering people from exercising creative leasing.

Rosy
29-01-12, 09:57
Freehold near MRT is rare and super ex. Freehold next to MRT is non existent. All factored in already. I dun think there is any difference.

take a look at DTL2. u can find them in D9,10,11 too

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 10:04
You can also find them in DTL1. Some are about 100m from stn.

amk
29-01-12, 10:05

Exactly. Almost every condo along the bk timah line is FH.
And many of them are selling lower than 1300 psf.
Not FEO ones though :cool:

And also quantum are in millions...

This WT case is simple and straightforward: low quantum, so practically ANYONE can INVEST.

Over the last 20 years, the "success story" of getting rich via properties in SG is everywhere. Every one wants to be a pty investor.

The crash of 1996 faded completely in ppl's mind. Or rather, ppl are not old enough to remember that already.

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:06

yes. should impose a penalty to the tenants too. right now it only penalise landlords and agents of such.

If government can manage to make seller declare COV, i am sure they can do the same for illegal subletting.

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:13
Exactly. Almost every condo along the bk timah line is FH.
And many of them are selling lower than 1300 psf.
Not FEO ones though :cool:

And also quantum are in millions...

This WT case is simple and straightforward: low quantum, so practically ANYONE can INVEST.

Over the last 20 years, the "success story" of getting rich via properties in SG is everywhere. Every one wants to be a pty investor.

The crash of 1996 faded completely in ppl's mind. Or rather, ppl are not old enough to remember that already.

I believe many are buying into new 99LH launches with the intention to flip once 4yr SSD over. Small quantum does the trick as well. But buying smallish apartments in faraway location is really taking a big bet. Even singles buying for own stay may want to stay closer to the buzzling city

minority
29-01-12, 10:14

What if housing price plunge? rental plunge? or some super dooms day scenario that Mr B want us to believe? Or Bank do Cash call?

minority
29-01-12, 10:17
yes. should impose a penalty to the tenants too. right now it only penalise landlords and agents of such.

If government can manage to make seller declare COV, i am sure they can do the same for illegal subletting.

Frankly the rental will be cap buy the EC ard the area as well as the HDB in the area.. imagine can rent a HDB for 2000-2600pm 5 bed room would u prefer to pay 4K for a 570sqf in ulu poungol?

so at most 2.5K for a studio rental there.. coz look at the EC in the area florida, rio vista, park green? 3500pm get u a full 1300sqf apt.

minority
29-01-12, 10:18
I believe many are buying into new 99LH launches with the intention to flip once 4yr SSD over. Small quantum does the trick as well. But buying smallish apartments in faraway location is really taking a big bet. Even singles buying for own stay may want to stay closer to the buzzling city

paying the highest PSF in the area i doubt there is much upside to flip. upside only for agent and developers.

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:22
Frankly the rental will be cap buy the EC ard the area as well as the HDB in the area.. imagine can rent a HDB for 2000-2600pm 5 bed room would u prefer to pay 4K for a 570sqf in ulu poungol?

so at most 2.5K for a studio rental there.. coz look at the EC in the area florida, rio vista, park green? 3500pm get u a full 1300sqf apt.
2.5k for a studio in WT is considered very high. i was thinking of 2k.

I have explored some MMs in little india area and the angmors are paying 2.5-2.8k

yowetan
29-01-12, 10:23
What marvels me is the Singaporean risk profile, they seems to be very adventurous? Perhaps, they are earning good and younger than me.

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:29
What marvels me is the Singaporean risk profile, they seems to be very adventurous? Perhaps, they are earning good and younger than me.

it was mentioned that 2/3 of the buyers holding HDB address in the vicinity. Perhaps their flats have appreciated more than doubled and they feel confident about investing in another one. Quantum does the trick as well. 600k budget really got very limited choice.

Personally feel that 3/4bedder is a safer bet for such location. However, the quantum and psf is comparable to FH and city fringe ones.

I will not commit to a property due to the quantum alone.

yowetan
29-01-12, 10:39
it was mentioned that 2/3 of the buyers holding HDB address in the vicinity. Perhaps their flats have appreciated more than doubled and they feel confident about investing in another one. Quantum does the trick as well. 600k budget really got very limited choice.

Personally feel that 3/4bedder is a safer bet for such location. However, the quantum and psf is comparable to FH and city fringe ones.

I must admit FEO does a good advertisment promo, and I am abit old fashioned and shocked when I see the ads in TV music with lyrics to sing along to promote lifestyle in Water Town and Hillier; lyrics to complement and justify the quality lifestyle which FEO promises and advocate.

I am very much convinced that Singaporean are really motivated to buy, however do we Singaporean have the deep pockets to buy while holding onto the HDB flat? Do we really have the population to support the housing demands and rental needs?

I am perplexed and confuse again.

buttercarp
29-01-12, 10:40

The majority seems to be HDB upgraders.
They are confident that their flat will appreciate when the condo TOPs.
But what if it were otherwise.
Perhaps they are young as yowetan has mentioned, so they are confident that when the time comes, they would be even more financially sound.

buttercarp
29-01-12, 10:42
I must admit FEO does a good advertisment promo, and I am abit old fashioned and shocked when I see the ads in TV music with lyrics to sing along to promote lifestyle in Water Town and Hillier; lyrics to complement and justify the quality lifestyle which FEO promises and advocate........

I am equally amazed...... it seems so grand to stay in Punggol!

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 10:45
It is getting harder to secure a 2nd home in Singapore. Assuming a starting family income of 6k and reaches 12k in 10y time on average (exclude high flyers), with today's high inflation / car prices / 1% FD rate and lower total cpf contribution (36% vs 40% last time), you can barely save 30k per year even if your family income is around 10k. 10 year max you can save is 250k ...

With 60% LTV ratio, it is even harder to get a 2nd home ...

18.0% of all households has income >= 12k per month
top 10% of households earn > 18k per month

from the above, those who can only afford 600-700k 1br most likely belong to the family income group of 12k-18k which is about 8% of all tax paying households

the next 5% of households can most likely afford anything below 2 million or 2 X 1 million

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:45
Perhaps they are young as yowetan has mentioned, so they are confident that when the time comes, they would be even more financially sound.

from my observation, WT comprises mainly smallish units. So mostly bought for investment and I do not think they are thinking of selling their flats to move into WT.

Rosy
29-01-12, 10:49
I am very much convinced that Singaporean are really motivated to buy, however do we Singaporean have the deep pockets to buy while holding onto the HDB flat? Do we really have the population to support the housing demands and rental needs?

When I buy into properties, I do not worry too much over things that is beyond my control. The same goes to other decision making in our lives.

yowetan
29-01-12, 10:50
I am equally amazed...... it seems so grand to stay in Punggol!

The profile of the Punggol residents are young and aspiring executives to managers. Their earning capability could be better than mine, since there are people claiming the average household income is to be >8kSGD these days.

I have several schoolmates and friends who stay in Punggol and Sengkang, and they used to be from old neighbourhoods like Serangoon, Ang Mo Kio and Hougang respectively. They feedback that the place is getting hyped and alot of initiatives are in place to spur and motivate younger generation to build their family there.

Besides, the township is steer by DPM Teo; I think the minister did a great job by transforming Lorong Halus area into a promising land. It is hard to think that things will go wrong there.

yowetan
29-01-12, 10:52
When I buy into properties, I do not worry too much over things that is beyond my control. The same goes to other decision making in our lives.

Wouldn't that makes a bad investment without proper planning? Or I should say you are not investing but speculating instead.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 11:00

I have explored some MMs in little india area and the angmors are paying 2.5-2.8k

Those super-old 3r HDBs near Bedok Residences rental is 2k and above hoh ;) Only 2 bedrooms with no facilities ... you can imagine what Bedok Residences 1+S rental is 3.Xk?

Punggol 1br for 2.5k a few years down the road? With continued inflow of foreign talent / GDP growth.. always possible

Rosy
29-01-12, 11:00
Wouldn't that makes a bad investment without proper planning? Or I should say you are not investing but speculating instead.

I do not understand your comment.

I will be speculating if i am trying to predict those variables that is not within my control right?

Rosy
29-01-12, 11:03
Those super-old 3r HDBs near Bedok Residences rental is 2k and above hoh ;) Only 2 bedrooms with no facilities ... you can imagine what Bedok Residences 1+S rental is 3.Xk?

Punggol 1br for 2.5k a few years down the road? With continued inflow of foreign talent / GDP growth.. always possible

Ic.

I find 2k more suitable in today's market more realistic due to my own findings that city fringe MMs are commanding 2.5-2.8k.

When we buy property, we should use current rental and not future rental as a consideration since we are buying at today's price and not few years later.

TMATT
29-01-12, 11:06
Maybe can work...u can write at KBW Facebook,who
Know suggestion maybe use??

As long 20% like us don't affect 80% lifestyle & comfort,
Think Government will listen & use it.

yowetan
29-01-12, 11:18
Maybe can work...u can write at KBW Facebook,who
Know suggestion maybe use??

As long 20% like us don't affect 80% lifestyle & comfort,
Think Government will listen & use it.

Pareto way of working may not be Khaw style.

Anyway, I do not engage with politics and policies with Facebook. Facebook destroys privacy.

rattydrama
29-01-12, 11:27

try to toss a coin in JDL projects better luck. LOL.

Rosy
29-01-12, 11:31
try to toss a coin in JDL projects better luck. LOL.

You mean JLD?

I would have bought one earlier on if there is any FH properties over there worth considering.

I believe JLD will take many years to transform into a successful HUB or whatever you call it.

rattydrama
29-01-12, 11:33

anyone realised that more and more older flats snapped up by PRs and new citizens?

My sister was telling me she gets more curry smell and noise after 11pm. She is now tempted to upgrade to a new HDB flat.

I guess this would be a trend going forward.

More local-born-singaporeans now upgrade to new flat or dbss or ec for some obvious reasons.

yowetan
29-01-12, 11:37
anyone realised that more and more older flats snapped up by PRs and new citizens?

My sister was telling me she gets more curry smell and noise after 11pm. She is now tempted to upgrade to a new HDB flat.

I guess this would be a trend going forward.

More local-born-singaporeans now upgrade to new flat or dbss or ec for some obvious reasons.

Curry smell with entertainment sound after 11pm - A reflection of Singapore of yesterdays': 1970s-1980s.

rattydrama
29-01-12, 11:40
You mean JLD?

I would have bought one earlier on if there is any FH properties over there worth considering.

I believe JLD will take many years to transform into a successful HUB or whatever you call it.

sorry JLD. I dont think it will take very long, perhaps another 10 years we will see some good results. It may take 15 years but from Y10 to Y14, we should be able to see more price hikes.

From what I can recall, there is no FH in this area. Anyway, rent out for 20 years is enough to cover yr cost. FH is not everything or a must have in Singapore. Malaysia perhaps.

those big players are in JLD so better to follow the big players, we will nvr go very wrong.

Let FEO continues to drum up the price here. For self stay and if you are already staying in punggol you will not want to give up this place. FEO knows exactly how pple behaves.

rattydrama
29-01-12, 11:42
Curry smell with entertainment sound after 11pm - A reflection of Singapore of yesterdays': 1970s-1980s.
really? too young to reaslised that. There is no resale market during those days right? LOL

I think they are too loud for us. Can you imagine those chinese speaking loudly and you are just at the other side of the concrete wall? the wall is not thick enough to shield off the noise.

Rosy
29-01-12, 11:46
sorry JLD. I dont think it will take very long, perhaps another 10 years we will see some good results. It may take 15 years but from Y10 to Y14, we should be able to see more price hikes.

From what I can recall, there is no FH in this area. Anyway, rent out for 20 years is enough to cover yr cost. FH is not everything or a must have in Singapore. Malaysia perhaps..

Singapore is still very new. We do not know what will happen when 99LH lease ends especially for private properties. There are some 99LH pte landed houses in geylang areas losing their values as their days are numbered.

Just for sharing, I was told that it is a given for HK government allowing top up of lease for their properties.

those big players are in JLD so better to follow the big players, we will nvr go very wrong.

Let FEO continues to drum up the price here. For self stay and if you are already staying in punggol you will not want to give up this place. FEO knows exactly how pple behaves.

I do not stay in punggol and do not intend to buy one over there too.

yowetan
29-01-12, 11:49
really? too young to reaslised that. There is no resale market during those days right? LOL

I think they are too loud for us. Can you imagine those chinese speaking loudly and you are just at the other side of the concrete wall? the wall is not thick enough to shield off the noise.

I can feel for you. My current place is also full of new PRs and citizens.

Curry smell and loud conversation(s) are the norm if not frequent. Interestingly, I have some Bak Kwa smell these days too. Varieties add in my neighbourhood, it's all about self-tolerance and management.

As of now, I am unsure what's our immigration policy. If the population is not growing as what it used to be drumming past few years, the scenario would be many empty units in the market when all flats and private apartments TOP in 4 years time.

Then, I believe your sister would feel her neighbourhood would be very serene and peaceful!

buttercarp
29-01-12, 12:10
My SIL place in Pasir Ris also got curry smell next door, but she is ok with it.
What is upsetting is that the neighbour dries their laundry in the corridor.
Really lots of laundry..... like they are running a laundry business..... dhoby ghaut?

Allthepies
29-01-12, 13:26

one is at all time low; the other is at all time high; u decide which has higher chance to plunge :D

one even price rise cannot sell becos of SSD; the other price rise can sell straight away; u decide which is a better investment :D

one everybody is rushing to buy (watertown new launch); the other nobody want to buy; u decide which is a better buy :D

one even a slight rise, government will launch further CM; the other no government intervention; u decide which one can rise :D

Eastboy
29-01-12, 13:41
One man's meat is another man's poison. There are markets for all lid of housing up there and not everyone makes the same decision. It might seem rational to rent a 4rm HDB for $3000 vs a 570sqft studio, but ultimately it is about STATUS symbols. Like why drive a Ferrari when a BMW has more space for the family?
Whatever it is, I believe Punggol has lots and lots of potential, will prob overtake bishan/amk prices in the future. It's like how china overtakes US etc. every town takes turn to shine. (btw I am not vested in punggol)

coolchoc
29-01-12, 13:56
PM-ed u bro :)

It depend u asking for suits,SOHO,Condo or Patio?
Want price list pm me,can send to u.

Actually those who visit the showroom can just pick up total 20+ pages for prices for differ type of unit. Tks

Xan
29-01-12, 14:31
one is at all time low; the other is at all time high; u decide which has higher chance to plunge :D

one even price rise cannot sell becos of SSD; the other price rise can sell straight away; u decide which is a better investment :D

one everybody is rushing to buy (watertown new launch); the other nobody want to buy; u decide which is a better buy :D

one even a slight rise, government will launch further CM; the other no government intervention; u decide which one can rise :D

Property if price dip at most I hold lor, :D
Shares plunge I still gotta top up.
Had a sec sch fren went bankrupt becos of shares and stock.
Any form of investment comes with certain risk.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 14:39
If no cm against hdb, expect first 1 million hdb in 2013, 800psf resale hdb, ura resale index at 220, pc OCR 1800psf in 2013

kane
29-01-12, 14:56
If no cm against hdb, expect first 1 million hdb in 2013, 800psf resale hdb, ura resale index at 220, pc OCR 1800psf in 2013

800psf for resale HDB?? That'll put it out of the affordable range.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 15:00
800psf for resale HDB?? That'll put it out of the affordable range.
Prime location only bought by those who cash out from pc or landed, volume will get thiner year by year b4 it peaks at 2014 to 2015 if no more intervention. Remember Japan bubble hit 10kpsf

azeoprop
29-01-12, 15:28
Announcement: ALL SUITES SOLD OUT. NEW RELEASE OF 2-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom Residences.

:scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4:

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 15:32
How many sold to date?
Announcement: ALL SUITES SOLD OUT. NEW RELEASE OF 2-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom Residences.

:scared-3: :scared-1: :scared-4:

Rosy
29-01-12, 15:36
I was told more than 700 units sold.

ikan bilis
29-01-12, 15:37
Prime location only bought by those who cash out from pc or landed, volume will get thiner year by year b4 it peaks at 2014 to 2015 if no more intervention. Remember Japan bubble hit 10kpsf

$10Kpsf ??... where got so little 1 ??...
wikipedia says about S$100K psf....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_asset_price_bubble)

"Prices were highest in Tokyo's Ginza (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Ginza) district in 1989, with choice properties fetching over 30 million yen[4] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/#cite_note-3) (approximately $215,000 US dollars) per square meter ($93,000 per square foot). Prices were only marginally less in other large business districts of Tokyo."

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 15:43
I was told more than 700 units sold.
Huat ah!!!!!!!!

rattydrama
29-01-12, 16:07
Huat ah!!!!!!!!

Yes all Huat x3! price still hold on very steady... on the same token Malaysia property is also moving up as well!

rattydrama
29-01-12, 16:14
Singapore is still very new. We do not know what will happen when 99LH lease ends especially for private properties. There are some 99LH pte landed houses in geylang areas losing their values as their days are numbered.

Just for sharing, I was told that it is a given for HK government allowing top up of lease for their properties.

I do not stay in punggol and do not intend to buy one over there too.

Inflation will take place and redevelopment will take place. how much was geylang's price some 60 years ago? IF we buy near the end year of the lease, it will be very wrong as there are still plenty can be developed elsewhere during this decade.

kane
29-01-12, 16:15
200 units left? Tsk tsk, once again, I've underestimated the depths of singaporeans pockets.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 16:18
Let me quote the legendary advice :sg property is meant to be bought and never sold, on hindsight he was right all along, u sell u will get hit by ssd, u sell u get hit by absd when u buy next, not to mention lower ltv ratio and next time u may be banned fr buying!!!

solsys
29-01-12, 16:33
A PR I met has 4 ppty including a HDB too, all rented out except one and he is holding a high position in a bank.

SG government rewards the old timers big time as these measures don't hit them.

New generation of young Singaporeans suffer with tougher competition but better access to transport and security.

Compete compete compete!

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 16:36
200 units left? Tsk tsk, once again, I've underestimated the depths of singaporeans pockets.
Thks to timely annoucemdnt by fed recently.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 16:39
Cm6 6y ssd 50% ltv
cm7 5% absd sc 7% absd spr
Cm8 8y ssd 40% ltv
cm9 10% absd sc 20% spr
Cm10 sc can only have 2 props sPr one only

danntbt
29-01-12, 16:51
Cm6 6y ssd 50% ltv
cm7 5% absd sc 7% absd spr
Cm8 8y ssd 40% ltv
cm9 10% absd sc 20% spr
Cm10 sc can only have 2 props sPr one only
...don't give KBW ideas leh......let him work for his salary.....

DC33_2008
29-01-12, 16:52
more will be sold when sti move north after budget day.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 17:10
...don't give KBW ideas leh......let him work for his salary.....

I find it funny MAS said rental is going to go up in 2012 due to shortage in supply ... KBW must be sweating :scared-3:

"Year-on-year inflation in CPI-All Items will likely remain elevated over the next few months," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said in a joint statement.

The statement said: "Notably, the continued increase in housing rentals, due to a temporary shortage of completed dwellings, will cause imputed rentals on owner-occupied accommodation to rise further in the near term."

Rosy
29-01-12, 17:17
Inflation will take place and redevelopment will take place. how much was geylang's price some 60 years ago? IF we buy near the end year of the lease, it will be very wrong as there are still plenty can be developed elsewhere during this decade.

If URA do not allow lease top up for larger scale 99LH condos when their lease is running up, what will happen to the market's perception of 99LH properties? It is impossible to enbloc all the 99LH condos as there are plenty of such land in the suburban areas.

phantom_opera
29-01-12, 17:22
Rental indeed is moving slowly just like what MAS has indicated:

A TPY HDB 95sqm asking rental 3.5k pm, almost same as 2br condo:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-rent-79e-toa-payoh-central-8506443

Allthepies
29-01-12, 17:55

Shares price plunge u still can hold unless u leverage loh or use borrowed money :D

Yup all investment comes with risks but risk is at different level at different time for different investment. :D

eg u r at very low risk when u buy the sail @ 1000psf but u r at significantly higher risk if u have bought the sail @ 3000psf

kane
29-01-12, 18:01
Rental indeed is moving slowly just like what MAS has indicated:

A TPY HDB 95sqm asking rental 3.5k pm, almost same as 2br condo:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-rent-79e-toa-payoh-central-8506443

That fella asking for the moon lah. I think for that size, 2,500-2,800 is where the market is transacting.

Pro888
29-01-12, 18:46

This man-made "river", how wide ? Have to consider the buildup opposite. Along this "river", mostly buildup will be around 12- 15 storeys high. "Too pack"

Potential wise must have a mixture of landed, commercial & businesses. I can't see any potential if priced at $1350 above. Potential or expectation ??? Expectation on the developments, yes.

Own stay - no prob as long as you like.

Just my 2 cents.

sh
29-01-12, 19:05

Errr.... Property if price dip below outstanding loan also have to top up hor....

Can become bankrupt also.... look at all the american properties underwater....

Xan
29-01-12, 19:20
Errr.... Property if price dip below outstanding loan also have to top up hor....

Can become bankrupt also.... look at all the american properties underwater....

Not when u dump 40% of the payment.
What are the chances of this 1 bedder Low quantum suite price drop by more than 40% and bank call for margin?
If such case happen, everyone had to resign to fate. Be it you stay in condo or HDB. :)
And I will also worship mr B like god.

Xan
29-01-12, 19:23
Just receive a call from far east. They told me all suites are sold out and ask me if I'm going down to show flat to take a final look before they tear it down tmr. Sounds funny:)
I didn't know they still got this kinda service

sh
29-01-12, 19:27
Not when u dump 40% of the payment.
What are the chances of this 1 bedder Low quantum suite price drop by more than 40% and bank call for margin?
If such case happen, everyone had to resign to fate. Be it you stay in condo or HDB. :)
And I will also worship mr B like god.

It will be interesting to see the data on the proportion of buyers with 20% or 40% down payment.

In a way the government is protecting the banks (and ultimately the economy) by imposing 40%....

pineapple
29-01-12, 19:31
Just receive a call from far east. They told me all suites are sold out and ask me if I'm going down to show flat to take a final look before they tear it down tmr. Sounds funny:)
I didn't know they still got this kinda service

ah.. wonder why do they need to tear it down so fast.. haven taken good photos of that place yet :(

Xan
29-01-12, 19:34
It will be interesting to see the data on the proportion of buyers with 20% or 40% down payment.

In a way the government is protecting the banks (and ultimately the economy) by imposing 40%....

I do agree if buy large quantum and with 20% down payment and for investment is kinda risky. I wonder who pay 20% for the WT 4 bedder

bigapplefan
29-01-12, 19:47
would like to check, anyone knows if watertown punggol will kena any weird smells coming from oil refinery in Malaysia?

minority
29-01-12, 20:33

I am give the bro here some benifit of doubt. given its so so new so so connected so so may pple and facility.. and 4-5yrs later + inflation. Give face a bit 2500pm.

minority
29-01-12, 20:35

Precisely!

ulrich76
29-01-12, 22:50
would like to check, anyone knows if watertown punggol will kena any weird smells coming from oil refinery in Malaysia?

Frankly I have not smelled anything funny. I go to my in laws at punggol everyday and I myself stay at sengkang. Not vested in Watertown, just telling the truth as it is. In any case, if the situation is jialat, yishun and sembawang should get it also. They also face the pasir gudang area

fclim
29-01-12, 22:56
Frankly I have not smelled anything funny. I go to my in laws at punggol everyday and I myself stay at sengkang. Not vested in Watertown, just telling the truth as it is. In any case, if the situation is jialat, yishun and sembawang should get it also. They also face the pasir gudang area

The refineries, Oil Palm factories and Power Station are unfortunately nearer to Punggol than Yishun or Sembawang.

thunderbird
30-01-12, 08:23
Does anyone know how many units sold till now?

buttercarp
30-01-12, 08:27

I heard from another forum that 600 sold liao.

buttercarp
30-01-12, 08:30

My father stay in Sengkang, brother in Punggol.
No complaints so far.
But from my bro's place can see Johor.

Tripp
30-01-12, 08:39

According to FEO website running ticker, it reads "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 700 units sold!"

http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

gn108
30-01-12, 08:49
Upgraders and Singaporeans are really very rich.

Buy despite all the CMs (govt/policy pressure) and even when the Head of PropNex Agency say property market has peaked! When you have the guy who makes his money from buying/selling say it's going down - thats a very bad sign.

Huat ar! No retreat, No surrender!

According to FEO website running ticker, it reads "Watertown - Overwhelming response - 700 units sold!"

http://www.fareast.com.sg/feocorp.web/index.aspx?page=quick-search

Tripp
30-01-12, 08:56
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=home-prop-info&prop=342

"Suites & Residences SOLD OUT! New release of 2 & 3 bedroom SOHOs and 4 bedroom apartments (Sky Patios)!

Unit price starting from $660K."

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Landscape-Plan-16-Jan.jpg

Pricelist here:
http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/CMS/Pdf/WatertownUpdatedPriceList(26Jan).pdf

thunderbird
30-01-12, 10:23
Just Unbelievable, 700 units in 12 days!!! Just what was needed to prop up the market after CM in December.

Seems like the Wee Hur Project next to Punggol mrt will be launched very soon and is going to see healthy sales:

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Five+condos+to+look+forward+to+in+2012/

"While this site received 13 bids, experts said that the highest tendered wasn’t enough. Wee Hur Development put in the winning bid of $206m, and a quick calculation puts the psf ppr to be around $350. It’s slightly less than that of A Treasure Trove, but we’re quite sure this one will be one hot property. Our guesstimate of the selling price? $850-$950 psf. Forget Watertown, this one could be even better!"

bishanowner
30-01-12, 10:47
I have stayed in Punggol for 7 years. I have sensitive nose and there are wierld smell at night and every morning....quite bad for me. How to discribe, "sour" smell...and my kids have sensitive airway too. You can see the black smoke from the burning incinerator from punggol beach.

We are moving out soon.

Not to mention the very noisy aircraft almost everyday. :doh:

I can't believe people willing to pay $1000psf for watertown......ok if you sleep in air-con room everyday...

Regulators
30-01-12, 10:52
I am one who can't stand weird smell and noise. The smell in punggol comes from pasir gudang petrochemical plant which is burning 24/7. The chemical clouds that drift to singapore is highly toxic, even NEA dare not deny it.
I have stayed in Punggol for 7 years. I have sensitive nose and there are wierld smell at night and every morning....quite bad for me. How to discribe, "sour" smell...and my kids have sensitive airway too. You can see the black smoke from the burning incinerator from punggol beach.

We are moving out soon.

Not to mention the very noisy aircraft almost everyday. :doh:

I can't believe people willing to pay $1000psf for watertown......ok if you sleep in air-con room everyday...

azeoprop
30-01-12, 11:10
Announcement: 700 units sold. SUITES AND RESIDENCES SOLD OUT! NEW RELEASE OF 2 and 3-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedrooom apartments (Sky Patios).

:scared-1: :scared-3:

buttercarp
30-01-12, 11:40
I am one who can't stand weird smell and noise. The smell in punggol comes from pasir gudang petrochemical plant which is burning 24/7. The chemical clouds that drift to singapore is highly toxic, even NEA dare not deny it.

But Singapore is so small.
Stay anyway also can get the smell.

kane
30-01-12, 12:19
Only when there's forest fire in Indonesia lah.

ulrich76
30-01-12, 12:35
Announcement: 700 units sold. SUITES AND RESIDENCES SOLD OUT! NEW RELEASE OF 2 and 3-bedroom SOHO and 3-bedroom and 4-bedrooom apartments (Sky Patios).

:scared-1: :scared-3:

700 out of 1000 sold. They can take their time and sell liao, no pressure. I am really keen to know why the buyers took the bite. No one should ever criticise or laugh at the buyers. If the profile is largely HDB, presume they would have done their homework, regardless of what the agents say.

It takes guts to buy a property at any point in time. There is no sure win. Am sure there are many keyboard warriors who have criticised just about every property launched, and are still waiting for prices to drop since maybe 2007?

peterng8
30-01-12, 12:47
Upgraders and Singaporeans are really very rich.

Buy despite all the CMs (govt/policy pressure) and even when the Head of PropNex Agency say property market has peaked! When you have the guy who makes his money from buying/selling say it's going down - thats a very bad sign.

Huat ar! No retreat, No surrender!

Yes yes..what is CM5 ??this is nothing to upgraders...cheong ah buy buy more before more CMs come out...:p challenge them to come out more CM, even more CMs, singkies are gungho and not easily beaten by CM ones, no retreat! no surrender! what is CM, it is nothing.. :p year of Dragon..people cheong AHHH.....got heaven to po pi so no worry..:p Huat ah.... :p

DKSG
30-01-12, 12:58
Yes yes..what is CM5 ??this is nothing to upgraders...cheong ah buy buy more before more CMs come out...:p challenge them to come out more CM, even more CMs, singkies are gungho and not easily beaten by CM ones, no retreat! no surrender! what is CM, it is nothing.. :p year of Dragon..people cheong AHHH.....got heaven to po pi so no worry..:p Huat ah.... :p

Dear Peter,

I think I need to ask u to Stay Calm and Cool! Haha!
Latest news from the showflats - 750 units sold!

Apparently, many who saw the showflats over last 12 days are eyeing the sky patio units. And now that its launched, all those SP units with full water view - ALL snapped up ... ALL!!!

So, this month, Jan 2012, we should see private property sales rebound by more than 100% from Dec 2011. 100% !!!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

Allthepies
30-01-12, 13:03
Dear Peter,

I think I need to ask u to Stay Calm and Cool! Haha!
Latest news from the showflats - 750 units sold!

Apparently, many who saw the showflats over last 12 days are eyeing the sky patio units. And now that its launched, all those SP units with full water view - ALL snapped up ... ALL!!!

So, this month, Jan 2012, we should see private property sales rebound by more than 100% from Dec 2011. 100% !!!

DKSG
Stay Calm and Cool

too bad far east is not listed or will have hooted :(

buttercarp
30-01-12, 13:26
700 out of 1000 sold. They can take their time and sell liao, no pressure. I am really keen to know why the buyers took the bite. No one should ever criticise or laugh at the buyers. If the profile is largely HDB, presume they would have done their homework, regardless of what the agents say.

It takes guts to buy a property at any point in time. There is no sure win. Am sure there are many keyboard warriors who have criticised just about every property launched, and are still waiting for prices to drop since maybe 2007?

These buyers are gut sure that they will have the means to finance the condo, ie most think they will be able to dispose of their HDB when the time comes or afford to hold on to both.

pineapple
30-01-12, 13:59
These buyers are gut sure that they will have the means to finance the condo, ie most think they will be able to dispose of their HDB when the time comes or afford to hold on to both.

if they can put down the downpayment.. then usually should be fine.. as they can rent out one of the unit, to at least breakeven when the time comes.

bluedurian
30-01-12, 14:22
if they can put down the downpayment.. then usually should be fine.. as they can rent out one of the unit, to at least breakeven when the time comes.

All residences are sold out. Incredible.

Xan
30-01-12, 14:47
I'm not sure how they get the info 90% with HDB address.
I put my Uncle's HDB address just to get the 2% discount even though I'm not staying in HDB and I'm the one financing the loan, not my uncle.
Which means to say that, would they use such cases in their computation?
If so, I guess its not accurate already as I believe alot of people are doing that.

Regulators
30-01-12, 15:11
Some places worse than others in situations other than haze
But Singapore is so small.
Stay anyway also can get the smell.

DC33_2008
30-01-12, 15:18
Don't they need your I/C while processing? May be they give to everyone, HDB or non HDB address.
I put my Uncle's HDB address just to get the 2% discount even though I'm not staying in HDB and I'm the one financing the loan, not my uncle.
If so, I guess its not accurate already as I believe alot of people are doing that.

reporter2
30-01-12, 16:48
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,475044-1327607940,00.html?

Published January 26, 2012

Over 90% of units sold in Watertown picked up by S'poreans

Lower than normal foreign share points to ABSD effect

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Initial evidence suggests that the additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD) may have succeeded in cooling foreign buying.

More than 90 per cent of the over 550 units sold so far for Watertown condo in Punggol have been taken up by Singaporeans. This is down from a share of about 80 per cent for Singaporean buyers in other surburban condos - or 'transurban' condos as developer Far East Organization likes to call them - that were launched by the property giant last year, such as The Tennery above the Ten Mile Junction LRT Station in Bukit Panjang, The Greenwich in Seletar Hills and euHabitat at Jalan Eunos.

Singaporean buyers have also accounted for about 80 per cent of buyers at The Hillier next to the upcoming Hillview MRT Station on the Downtown Line, which was previewed last month after the Dec 7 announcement of the introduction of the ABSD - although options to buyers were issued only from Jan 1 this year.

A source reckons that foreigners and permanent residents may be drawn to the Hillview location given its proximity to the Bukit Timah area and good schools which many well-heeled PRs in particular would be familiar with.

From Dec 8, 2011, foreigners pay 10 per cent ABSD on any residential property purchase in Singapore. Permanent residents pay 3 per cent ABSD on their second and subsequent residential property while Singaporeans pay the same ABSD rate on their third and subsequent residential property.

As for Watertown, which Far East is developing jointly with Frasers Centrepoint and Japan's Sekisui House, about half of the buyers are from District 19 (Sengkang, Hougang, Punggol and Serangoon) and two thirds are residing in public housing flats. 'Interestingly, some of our buyers are purchasing the units at Watertown for their weekend/holiday homes and also for retirement. Many are also buying for their children as well,' said Far East's chief operating officer, property sales, Chia Boon Kuah.

Explaining the strong sustained sales momentum for Watertown, which went on the market last Wednesday, Mr Chia pointed to the project's uniqueness. 'It's a one-of-its-kind mixed use development that offers waterfront living integrated with a mall (Waterway Point) and the Punggol MRT Station.'

He also points to the strong appeal of homes in mixed-use developments, which was also seen in The Tennery, Greenwich and The Hillier.

Another selling point for Watertown, which will have 992 residential units, is the expertise of Far East's partners in the project - Frasers Centrepoint in retail mall operations and Sekisui in innovative green construction technology - adding to the brand equity of Watertown, said Mr Chia.

Pro888
30-01-12, 16:56

They just tell what they found. Dun bother to dig as it is not important than getting the sale thru and you get your discount. They dun mind giving the calculated discount.

ysyap
30-01-12, 17:08
Don't they need your I/C while processing? May be they give to everyone, HDB or non HDB address.Only S&P need to reflect the correct address. Preliminary records are less stringent so yes, reflections of such data might be highly inaccurate. :rolleyes:

maisonjai
30-01-12, 17:32
Is stamp duty reimbursement by property developer legal?
Published on Jan 30, 2012

THE Government recently introduced the 10 per cent additional buyer's stamp duty for foreigners as a measure to cool the property market.

But Far East Organization has been actively advertising a stamp duty reimbursement promotion for all its new property launches.

This seems to be a blatant attempt by the property developer to dilute the effect of the cooling measure.

Can the Ministry of National Development clarify whether such a practice is legal as it effectively discriminates against Singaporeans in their own country?

No matter what spin Far East gives to its move, reimbursing stamp duty effectively results in the developer selling its units at a lower price to foreigners.

If the Government is serious about placing Singaporeans first, why is it condoning such promotions by Far East?

Samuel Tan
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_760761.html (http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_760761.html)