PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

sying
12-02-15, 15:10
hi, i was only given a choice of either marble or porcelain (probably i got the smallest suite lol). I chose marble despite the size of the marble is probably half of porcelain. What did you get sying?

I chose marble...although I like the color theme.. with porcelain very much. Comes with white kitchen cabinet for the porcelain option.

Molotov
12-02-15, 15:33
It's about time Punggol have a decent mall. I dread stepping into Punggol Plaza.
Nowadays shopping is done at Seletar Mall over the weekend. Even Compass Point is considered CMI. Waterway Point is long overdue!

simongoh2000
12-02-15, 16:02
Nowadays shopping is done at Seletar Mall over the weekend. Even Compass Point is considered CMI. Waterway Point is long overdue!

Compass point is super crowded, The North East area really lacks big malls. Recalled before Compass Point was completed, Hougang Mall was flooded with people too.

simongoh2000
12-02-15, 16:14
I chose marble...although I like the color theme.. with porcelain very much. Comes with white kitchen cabinet for the porcelain option.

Same here, but was told that a unit with marble floor is likely to have a higher resale value.

alfanutz
12-02-15, 16:36
Compass point is super crowded, The North East area really lacks big malls. Recalled before Compass Point was completed, Hougang Mall was flooded with people too.

Within Punggol, other than Punggol Plaza and Waterway point, there will be 5 more commercial developments at the following location :

1) Within Matilda district.
2) Within Northshore district.
3) Mixed development beside Riverparc residence.
4) Beside Waterway Woodcress.
5) Mixed development beside Watertown, on the other side of the LRT track.

prop1688
16-02-15, 21:22

What is the mixed dev beside Watertown? By which developer?

alfanutz
17-02-15, 06:42

What is the mixed dev beside Watertown? By which developer?

What I put down are the land usage as outlined in the URA Master Plan 2014.

None of them have been released yet.

prop1688
24-02-15, 22:12
Thanks. Good to know this second mixed development under planning.

simongoh2000
03-03-15, 15:35
Thanks. Good to know this second mixed development under planning.

i will rather see the commercial development and hawker center on that empty plot of land. Hope Punggol will not end up to become another high population density sector.

Sandiwara
03-03-15, 16:22
i will rather see the commercial development and hawker center on that empty plot of land. Hope Punggol will not end up to become another high population density sector.

My impression it is already high density population place.

alfanutz
03-03-15, 21:36

There will be a town hub on that plot of land nearest to the waterway.

It combines a community centre, hawker centre, regional library and other community facilities.

prop1688
16-03-15, 22:01
If Punggol is planned to be twice as large as AMK, how do you think about the population density in Punggol?

beepbeep
17-03-15, 09:58
If Punggol is planned to be twice as large as AMK, how do you think about the population density in Punggol?

Only with enough density, amenities will be build.

prop1688
17-03-15, 22:04
Amenities are building up especially closer to punggol central, e.g. safra punggol, water town (next megamall if not vivo?) , nearby Sengkang hospital by 2018 or so. This shows that there is a substantial population density in punggol to trigger the government to start building amenities. All such planning and development will take time. Having said that, there is still a lot of empty plots of land and unused infrastructure (LRTs) at punggol areas.

alfanutz
20-03-15, 20:43
I was at Punggol for dinner and drove past Watertown.

I think either Tower 8 or Tower 9 has reached the top.

Molotov
20-03-15, 21:36
It's Tower 9

alfanutz
20-03-15, 22:19
It's Tower 9

Tower 6 and 7 still slow progress. I think they are at 5th level max ?

chanel
22-03-15, 13:49
I was at Punggol for dinner and drove past Watertown.

I think either Tower 8 or Tower 9 has reached the top.

You are right, received letter from Developer to make payment for Tower 8.

chanel
22-03-15, 14:02
You are right, received letter from Developer to make payment for Tower 8.

Centre is Tower 8 reaching top floor i.e. 14th:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/Watertown-Tower8_zpsap42hwcc.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/Watertown-Tower8_zpsap42hwcc.jpg.html)

alfanutz
22-03-15, 17:18
I think TOP should be Q4 2016 judging by the progress.

chanel
22-03-15, 21:26
They are trying to catch up, as previous progress was moving rather slowly. At this rate, possible TOP in late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter of 2016, believed by end 2015 all brick works should be completed.
Understand Treasure Trove opp Watertown is waiting for TOP after failing 2 BCA inspections few days ago, according to sales agreement their TOP target date is actually in Nov 2015 hence developer saved from penalty.

alfanutz
22-03-15, 21:38
Centre is Tower 8 reaching top floor i.e. 14th:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/Watertown-Tower8_zpsap42hwcc.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/Watertown-Tower8_zpsap42hwcc.jpg.html)

The photo you have showed 13th floor. Is that photo from another forum ?

chanel
22-03-15, 22:56
The photo you have showed 13th floor. Is that photo from another forum ?

Yes, copied from skyscrapercity forum. Actually was at Watertown last week to look at the progress but didn't have my mobile to take photos. Had to search for photo to give a quick update that it has reached almost the top level. Hope wont get into trouble, otherwise may have to delete.

alfanutz
23-03-15, 15:14
They are indeed working overtime to make good progress. They are installing the windows and building the brick walls for tower 10 and 11. They have already installed windows for tower 10 to level 8.

They have started putting in the brick walls for Tower 3 as well. It is up to level 5.

chanel
23-03-15, 15:50
They are indeed working overtime to make good progress. They are installing the windows and building the brick walls for tower 10 and 11. They have already installed windows for tower 10 to level 8.

They have started putting in the brick walls for Tower 3 as well. It is up to level 5.

Many thanks for the latest update. That's really fast which means more progressive payments coming soon. Actually their instalment payments are more towards completion.
Can't wait to go and have a look this week-end and take photos.

alfanutz
23-03-15, 16:24
Many thanks for the latest update. That's really fast which means more progressive payments coming soon. Actually their instalment payments are more towards completion.
Can't wait to go and have a look this week-end and take photos.

I have taken some pictures.

I think by end of the year, they should be starting the landscaping.

chanel
23-03-15, 17:08
I have taken some pictures.

I think by end of the year, they should be starting the landscaping.

Appreciate those pictures posted, yes do notice few units has windows installed.
FEO (developer) mentioned about opening of Waterpoint by end of 2015, which I doubt it can be ready. No pictures of basements to know about the progress of the retail/commercial development.

alfanutz
23-03-15, 17:38
Appreciate those pictures posted, yes do notice few units has windows installed.
FEO (developer) mentioned about opening of Waterpoint by end of 2015, which I doubt it can be ready. No pictures of basements to know about the progress of the retail/commercial development.

Yes, end of 2015 seems very optimistic.

However, I did see glass panels installed for the outer units on B1.

I suspect at the minimum, it will be a soft opening end of the year and not all stores will be opened.

chanel
23-03-15, 18:05
Yes, end of 2015 seems very optimistic.

However, I did see glass panels installed for the outer units on B1.

I suspect at the minimum, it will be a soft opening end of the year and not all stores will be opened.

Let's see the progress for the next 9 months, by then we should get a clearer picture. Retail/commercial should complete first without access to residential units. Since landscaping is more for residential, it has to progress concurrently with interior works.

Molotov
23-03-15, 18:51
The last I heard from a Frasers guy was that the Waterway Point mall will be up and running in October 2015 or anytime b4 X'mas.

chanel
23-03-15, 21:50
The last I heard from a Frasers guy was that the Waterway Point mall will be up and running in October 2015 or anytime b4 X'mas.

They are targeting in 8 months' time? Going to be rush job then cos judging from exterior looks like long way to go. Before Chinese New Year will be more realistic. However, outwardly nobody can tell about the progress in the mall, could be completed.

alfanutz
23-03-15, 22:52
Let's see the progress for the next 9 months, by then we should get a clearer picture. Retail/commercial should complete first without access to residential units. Since landscaping is more for residential, it has to progress concurrently with interior works.

The cranes need to be removed before they start on the landscaping.

If we work backwards, the mall portion should be completed by end September for it to be opened by xmas.

alfanutz
24-03-15, 01:41
BTW, I saw some equipment on the open space near the waterway and suspected that something is going on. It seems there is going to be a new road over the waterway ! It will spoil the nice view of the waterway.

I couldn't find any information on LTA website but found it on Streetdirectory app. This should be accurate as they keep it updated.

You can see that they even separate Waterway Point and Watertown and showed the different TOP dates.

chanel
24-03-15, 10:18
Waterway Point will be opened 4th Quarter 2015:

http://fraserscentrepointmalls.com/waterwaypoint-comingsoon.php
https://www.facebook.com/punggol21/posts/10153060575878824

chanel
24-03-15, 10:44
New flyovers and bridges will be constructed to ease the road traffic in Punggol and better links to highways:

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/general/story/punggol-get-better-links-highways

alfanutz
24-03-15, 11:27
New flyovers and bridges will be constructed to ease the road traffic in Punggol and better links to highways:

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/general/story/punggol-get-better-links-highways

I have seen this before but that's for the eastern part of Punggol. Main purpose is to link Punggol to KPE and TPE.

The one I mentioned is something I have not seen in the news yet. The purpose of this new road over the Waterway seems to be providing direct access from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link and also to provide access to the upcoming facilities that will be sprouting up around the waterway i.e Town Centre (beside Watertown), Town Hub (with library, food centre, Community Club etc) and probably another mixed development.

Molotov
25-03-15, 09:10
I have seen this before but that's for the eastern part of Punggol. Main purpose is to link Punggol to KPE and TPE.

The one I mentioned is something I have not seen in the news yet. The purpose of this new road over the Waterway seems to be providing direct access from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link and also to provide access to the upcoming facilities that will be sprouting up around the waterway i.e Town Centre (beside Watertown), Town Hub (with library, food centre, Community Club etc) and probably another mixed development.

It's gonna spoil the look of the Waterway!

alfanutz
25-03-15, 10:49
It's gonna spoil the look of the Waterway!

Not sure if it is 100% accurate.

Molotov
25-03-15, 12:13
Not sure if it is 100% accurate.

Looks likely coz that mysterious bridge will link Sumang Link to the Buddhist temple stretch across that particular part of the Waterway. This will give more access to Waterway Point I believe. However the bridge is a good 150m away from WT...

chanel
25-03-15, 13:43
Looks likely coz that mysterious bridge will link Sumang Link to the Buddhist temple stretch across that particular part of the Waterway. This will give more access to Waterway Point I believe. However the bridge is a good 150m away from WT...

Absolutely, the new road doesnt really make WT look bad if viewed from a distance since it's 150m away. Moreover it's to the advantage of motorists going to Waterpoint/Watertown, no need to drive one big circle from Sentul Crescent to Punggol Way. It makes road/traffic sense to have a straight road through from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link, which at the moment is a dead end of Punggol Drive and looks like a sore thumb. Believed that LTA did provision this new road to improve the traffic flow of Punggol Central. It definitely cuts down time and distance.
Credit goes to alfanutz for this new discovery.:applause:
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.4086511,103.9033048,17z

alfanutz
25-03-15, 14:01
Absolutely, the new road doesnt really make WT look bad if viewed from a distance since it's 150m away. Moreover it's to the advantage of motorists going to Waterpoint/Watertown, no need to drive one big circle from Sentul Crescent to Punggol Way. It makes road/traffic sense to have a straight road through from Punggol Drive to Sumang Link, which at the moment is a dead end of Punggol Drive and looks like a sore thumb. Believed that LTA did provision this new road to improve the traffic flow of Punggol Central. It definitely cuts down time and distance.
Credit goes to alfanutz for this new discovery.:applause:
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.4086511,103.9033048,17z

The look of Watertown won't be affected but those that have units at Watertown that overlook the Waterway will have their view impeded.

Imagine a road cutting across the Waterway. The view from Tower 4, 10 and 11 won't be as nice.

chanel
04-04-15, 17:43
Latest pictures taken from skyscrapercity.com:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1712732&page=2

Credit & many thanks to : mith252

alfanutz
07-04-15, 13:46
I passed by Watertown and as per SOP, will always do a bit of recce.

Noticed something interesting, it seems like unit #04-86 (Sky Patio, Tower 10) has been installed with balcony grille, lights at balcony and the whole unit seems more "completed" than the others. I wonder if the developer is outfitting this unit as a showroom as there's still 7 Sky Patio that's unsold ?

The latest pricelist from Far East confirmed that #04-86 is still available.

http://www.fareast.com.sg/~/media/pricelist/Watertown%2021%20Dec%202014

chanel
07-04-15, 18:08
Hope so, then we can view the unit as in real size, material finishings and workmanship. Wonder whether can requests Developer to have optional choice of have some electrical appliances stand alone than built-in, as prefer micro-wave ovens to be placed on kitchen top for easy cooking. Saw those blocks facing the LRT are so near, can see through the units from the LRT trains.
Think there are 5 units of the 4-bedder unsold on lower floors and one 3 bedder on high floor, mostly on Tower 10 (probably too near the main road and noisy).
Thanks for sharing this news.

alfanutz
07-04-15, 19:27
Hope so, then we can view the unit as in real size, material finishings and workmanship. Wonder whether can requests Developer to have optional choice of have some electrical appliances stand alone than built-in, as prefer micro-wave ovens to be placed on kitchen top for easy cooking. Saw those blocks facing the LRT are so near, can see through the units from the LRT trains.
Think there are 5 units of the 4-bedder unsold on lower floors and one 3 bedder on high floor, mostly on Tower 10 (probably too near the main road and noisy).
Thanks for sharing this news.

Tower 11 is even nearer to the main road where there will be a bus stop and yet it is sold out. I think the main reason is the quantum of the units are Tower 10. Those unsold units are mostly 4 bedders and are all above 2.2 million !

I took the LRT to check things out and you are right, the suites at Tower 5 facing the LRT track is quite near and it is an open view. However as the track approaches Tower 3, there's actually a barrier on the LRT track so Tower 3, 2 and 1 units are ok.

Tower 9 is also very near to Tower 6. Unit #79 and 80 are worse hit as I estimate about 15m - 20m space between them and the units at Tower 6 (#55, #56)

chanel
08-04-15, 09:29
We think & do alike, last week-end I also hopped into the LRT and rode one round to view the surrrounding of the whole development, worst block is Tower 5. Didn't realise that Tower 11 is nearer to the road than Tower 10, mostly sold out are investors to rent out their units hence they don't bother with noise. Initially developer reserved front blocks assuming it will be more in demand & marketable, therefore they priced it over $2M for the 4 bedders but with discount, net price is approx. $1.7M

You are right regarding a new road across the waterway, it is now listed as "U/C - under construction" according to the latest map from the StreetDirectory :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-map/watertown-21150

simongoh2000
08-04-15, 10:08
We think & do alike, last week-end I also hopped into the LRT and rode one round to view the surrrounding of the whole development, worst block is Tower 5. Didn't realise that Tower 11 is nearer to the road than Tower 10, mostly sold out are investors to rent out their units hence they don't bother with noise. Initially developer reserved front blocks assuming it will be more in demand & marketable, therefore they priced it over $2M for the 4 bedders but with discount, net price is approx. $1.7M

You are right regarding a new road across the waterway, it is now listed as "U/C - under construction" according to the latest map from the StreetDirectory :

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-map/watertown-21150

uh oh, my unit is at Tower 5.. anyone knows which floor is at LRT track level?

alfanutz
08-04-15, 15:09
uh oh, my unit is at Tower 5.. anyone knows which floor is at LRT track level?

I looked at the picture I took when I was on the LRT and it looks like the track is on the same level as 1st floor of Watertown which is the mall level.

simongoh2000
08-04-15, 17:05
I looked at the picture I took when I was on the LRT and it looks like the track is on the same level as 1st floor of Watertown which is the mall level.

oh ok, then i should be safe.. :pride:

simongoh2000
09-04-15, 15:20
If this illustration is anything to go by, the first floor of Tower 5 should not see LRT train itself, not to say the tracks :courage:

alfanutz
10-04-15, 10:38
If this illustration is anything to go by, the first floor of Tower 5 should not see LRT train itself, not to say the tracks :courage:

You should use this instead.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/aRAufImAno5W0Cp6MwPCkQ--/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD0zMDg7dz04MTk-/http://punggolwatertown.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/watertown-04.jpg.cf.jpg

And according to it, the LRT track is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd floor.

chanel
11-04-15, 16:03
You should use this instead.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/aRAufImAno5W0Cp6MwPCkQ--/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wMEEzMDA7aD0zMDg7dz04MTk-/http://punggolwatertown.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/watertown-04.jpg.cf.jpg

And according to it, the LRT track is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd floor.

This morning took a ride on Ponggol LRT and from the train can see through levels of 1st & 2nd floor of residential units. 3rd floor upwards not that bad.

princess_morbucks
11-04-15, 22:43
This pic was taken at the end of Jan 2015.

alfanutz
13-04-15, 13:42
Watertown Punggol FB posted a picture of a view from 3rd floor of Watertown. The view looks like from Tower 10. I mentioned last week that it seems #03-86 is being outfitted and this picture confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/WatertownPunggol/photos/a.290354111015327.87805.289277761122962/934795213237877/?type=1&fref=nf

chanel
13-04-15, 14:55
Watertown Punggol FB posted a picture of a view from 3rd floor of Watertown. The view looks like from Tower 10. I mentioned last week that it seems #03-86 is being outfitted and this picture confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/WatertownPunggol/photos/a.290354111015327.87805.289277761122962/934795213237877/?type=1&fref=nf

This unit is available for sale - possibly this could be a show-flat.
A good buy with all the interiors but not cheap though.

alfanutz
13-04-15, 15:34

I think it is #04-86 instead of #03-86.

MrTan
13-04-15, 17:23

Does buying a unit with all the interiors mean that all the original defects are covered up by interior design and finishings already?

alfanutz
19-04-15, 19:15
I went to take some photos of Watertown from the Waterway Terrace.

https://plus.google.com/photos/117685239619756862572/albums/6139403342211712865?authkey=CLLXgN7ftKjvWg

BTW, Waterway Terrace is a really nice BTO. The design is really unique. They have facilities on some of the higher floor and it gives a good view of the surrounding. It is at these places that I took pictures of Watertown.

I think another 2 months, all the Sky Patio and condos will be completed in terms of reaching the top floor. Tower 7 seems to be the slowest.

alfanutz
23-04-15, 12:04
By the way, if you look at the picture of Watertown where you can see the inner stacks, you might noticed that unit #04-83 has the balcony grilles as well.

In the same picture, you can also see that they are building the Hot Spa pool and Islet Hydrotherapy pool.

alfanutz
06-05-15, 23:45
I think most are aware that Waterway Point has 2 main anchor tenants at basement, namely NTUC Finest and Shaw Theatres.

But what about other tenants ?

Someone actually updated the list on wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterway_Point

alfanutz
16-05-15, 12:12
For those keen to follow the construction progress of Watertown, you can see it here :

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/construction-details.php?projid=57

It is currently shown as 38% but I think once all the towers are up, the progress should be pretty fast.

chanel
16-05-15, 21:00
Latest pictures taken this evening:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-may15-2_zpswoofrnjz.jpeg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-may15-2_zpswoofrnjz.jpeg.html)

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-May15_zpsel4qncds.jpeg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-May15_zpsel4qncds.jpeg.html)

BTW, the LRT train can see directly into units of level 2 of tower 5

alfanutz
16-05-15, 21:13
Thanks Chanel.

BTW, it seems that the 3rd floor unit at Tower 3 is being fitted out ?

chanel
16-05-15, 22:13
alfanutz - you have real sharp eyes, didn't see it.
Wonder why they chose that unit to fit out since the whole block has been sold out. If developer wants to market their balance units which are the 4-bedders, they should select block 10 or 11 as the top 14th floor of both blocks are already completed.

alfanutz
16-05-15, 22:57
Chanel, they did outfit a unit at Tower 10 (block 79), specifically #04-86.

BTW, Tower 10 and 11 are 12 storey. Tower 4, 8 and 9 are 14 storey.

From your picture, I can see that there is a barrier (plastic ?) constructed on the 2nd level of the mall, in front and below Tower 10.

chanel
17-05-15, 00:43
Close up of mall:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/wt515_zpsrd43vqzs.jpeg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/wt515_zpsrd43vqzs.jpeg.html)

alfanutz
19-05-15, 19:56
Following in the footstep of one of the forumer here, I did some search on the internet and found some interesting information.

Electrical installation works awarded to UES (United Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd).

http://www.ueec.sg/docs/UEEC%20AR%202013.pdf

Project timeline given as "secured a contract for electrical installation works to the proposed residential/commercial development for Waterway Point and Watertown at Punggol Central/Punggol Walk. The $35.2 million project is expected to be completed in two phases by July 2015 and July 2016 respectively."

Flooring will be installed by Jason Holdings.

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/JH_AnnualReport_FY2014.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=343889

chanel
19-05-15, 22:25
Wow alfanutz, thanks for the resourceful info.
Developer is aiming for end of the year opening of Waterpoint Mall by targeting to complete electrical works by July 2016. Hope no hasty work to result in bad workmanship with just only 2 months away.

alfanutz
20-05-15, 08:50
They are really working hard to meet the deadline. I saw them putting up the "P" sign showing the way to the mall parking.

It will be quite a feat if they can pull it off.

alfanutz
02-06-15, 17:08
According to the latest progress update from Fraser, Watertown is now 50% completed as of end May. It was 38% at end April. It seem to be progressing well.

Initially, I was not too optimistic about the mall opening by end of this year but when I look at the progress pictures of Bedok Mall where even 1 month before the opening, things were in a mess, I now think it is possible that the mall can open end of the year.

chanel
02-06-15, 21:14
According to the latest progress update from Fraser, Watertown is now 50% completed as of end May. It was 38% at end April. It seem to be progressing well.

Initially, I was not too optimistic about the mall opening by end of this year but when I look at the progress pictures of Bedok Mall where even 1 month before the opening, things were in a mess, I now think it is possible that the mall can open end of the year.

Targeting to open before Xmas which is 6 months' away? Hope they don't rush to shoddy workmanship, prefers slow and steady wins the race.

alfanutz
03-06-15, 06:32
Targeting to open before Xmas which is 6 months' away? Hope they don't rush to shoddy workmanship, prefers slow and steady wins the race.

Agree ! Hope that everything is smooth and safe.

I hope the mall has good tenant mix. So far, I like the malls that are managed by Capitaland.

simongoh2000
03-06-15, 16:46

any guess whether the TOP will be earlier than Q1 2017?
so far, have paid for the concrete framework. anyone paid for the "brickwalls" yet?

alfanutz
03-06-15, 18:23
so far, have paid for the concrete framework. anyone paid for the "brickwalls" yet?

I think only the developer will know. I think we can only make an educated guess.

I think all the residential towers should be completed by end July.

When they start doing the landscaping, we can add another 6 months for the TOP date.

I am looking forward to the mall and SAFRA punggol. Just wondering why they have not started with the construction of the town hub (food centre, cc, library etc) ? I don't want to keep eating at food court though there's a eating house at Waterway Terrace and ParcVista which is maybe 7 - 10 minute walk.

chanel
03-06-15, 22:07

Based on payment schedule, both brickwall and ceiling estimated time of completion by end of this year probably brickwall in Aug and ceiling in Dec 2015. Not surprised TOP maybe obtained by 3rd quarter of 2016 although official date stated in legal document is 1st quarter 2017, this is to protect developers' interest in case of delay. Case in point, A Treasure Trove just obtained TOP few weeks ago but legal document indicated Nov 2015.

alfanutz
12-06-15, 13:39
I found a website that tracks BTO and condo progress. Watertown is one of the condos they track.

What is interesting is they actually have progress indicator and also photos of the progress.

http://www.ownhome.sg/progress-detail/watertown

alfanutz
03-07-15, 10:47
Anyone know whether the Condo unit are having sliding glass windows at living room to the balcony or is it folding doors (as seen in the floor plan) ?

chanel
03-07-15, 11:16
Updated progress as at 3 July 2015:

credit to : ownhome.sg

@alfanutz - according to specs, it's aluminium framed door no other detail whether it's sliding or folding.

alfanutz
03-07-15, 11:32
Updated progress as at 3 July 2015:

credit to : ownhome.sg

@alfanutz - according to specs, it's aluminium framed door no other detail whether it's sliding or folding.

Hope it has the ability to open fully and to the side so that the view is not impeded.

From the floor plan of the suites, it seem to be sliding glass door

chanel
03-07-15, 12:42
Hope it has the ability to open fully and to the side so that the view is not impeded.

From the floor plan of the suites, it seem to be sliding glass door

You are right, suite & soho floor plans show sliding doors, whereas Skypatio are folding doors.

alfanutz
03-07-15, 13:19
You are right, suite & soho floor plans show sliding doors, whereas Skypatio are folding doors.

Both Sky Patio and Condo to be exact.

sying
03-07-15, 18:57
Both Sky Patio and Condo to be exact.

Can ask developer to change? If not, are we allowed to change it?

alfanutz
04-07-15, 10:08
Can ask developer to change? If not, are we allowed to change it?

I doubt the developer will accede to such request.

I think should be able to change the folding doors at the living room/balcony as that does not affect the facade of the development.

alfanutz
06-07-15, 15:10
BTW, I was looking at the "Schedule of Strata Units" from BCA for Watertown and saw that there's indeed commercial unit(s) at B3 ! The total area at B3 for commercial is 1467 sqm.

That's equivalent to 10 x 4 rooms Sky Patio !

I just can't find any info on B3, no floor plan etc.

alfanutz
06-07-15, 15:56
Anyone knows how a resident can get to his unit from the basement carpark ?

Not sure if I am correct but the following is based on my own assumptions (from the available floor plans).

There are a total of 5 lift lobbies that goes up to the residential level and from there, you need to take the lift up to your unit. These 5 transfer lift lobbies are located at the following tower/stack.

Tower 3, stack 10/11
Tower 5, stack 27/28
Tower 6, stack 35/36
Tower 7, stack 60
Tower 11, stack 89

If anyone has the actual information, please share :)

Thanks.

chanel
18-07-15, 09:48
Based on last evening's view, looks like residential may TOP by mid 2016, all towers have topped up. However developer FE seems optimistic to open the Mall by end of Dec 2015. Maybe too rush but timing is of the essence as Compass Mall in Seng Kang (both malls managed by same Centrpoint management) will be closed for renovation and most big retails may move over to Waterpoint.
See latest update :

https://www.facebook.com/punggol21?fref=nf

alfanutz
18-07-15, 11:38
Based on last evening's view, looks like residential may TOP by mid 2016, all towers have topped up. However developer FE seems optimistic to open the Mall by end of Dec 2015. Maybe too rush but timing is of the essence as Compass Mall in Seng Kang (both malls managed by same Centrpoint management) will be closed for renovation and most big retails may move over to Waterpoint.
See latest update :

If I am not wrong, Tower 6 and 7 has not reached the top yet. I think tower 7 still has another 1 - 2 floors to go.

Once the cranes come down, it take at least 8 month+ to TOP. For River Isles, i think the crane came down last year March but they have not TOP yet. For H2O residences, cranes came down in Oct last year and they TOP in June this year. A Treasure Trove started dismantling the cranes in April last year and obtained TOP this May.

Once they take down the crane, we can have a better estimation. Currently, official TOP by Far East based on their latest home owner's magazine is Q4 2016.

alfanutz
03-08-15, 15:33
I was at Punggol yesterday and as usual will check out the progress of Watertown.

Tower 7 is up to 12th floor. Tower 6 should be 12 or 13 floor. Tower 1,2,3 and 4 has reached the top floor and they should be building the tennis court now.

I think the cranes should be coming down end Sept when all Towers have top out. The progress from Fraser website state 60% completion, up 5% from last month.

BTW, I noticed something new on the waterway, it seems they are planting some pockets of grasses on it. I don't know what's the exact word but imagine floating grass patch.

chanel
03-08-15, 16:49
Progress updates from Ownhome :

http://www.ownhome.sg/progress-detail/watertown#_=_

http://www.ownhome.sg/upload/progressupdateimage/2015/07/5137/normal/1438074618_5137_WTRTWN15072809.jpg

http://www.ownhome.sg/upload/progressupdateimage/2015/07/5135/normal/1438074617_5135_WTRTWN15072807.jpg

Credit to : ownhome.sg

chanel
03-08-15, 17:01

BTW, I noticed something new on the waterway, it seems they are planting some pockets of grasses on it. I don't know what's the exact word but imagine floating grass patch.

Did you take pictures, curious to see how it looks like?
Thanks for the update. Recently I took MRT & LRT without getting out of the station just to see the progress. Once, was chased by 2 wild dogs, now dare not go to the open field fronting WT.

Kelonguni
03-08-15, 17:07
Thanks for the update. Recently I took MRT & LRT without getting out of the station just to see the progress. Once, was chased by 2 wild dogs, now dare not go to the open field fronting WT.

I teach you one strategy I learned at 6 years old in the kampung.

Bend down and pretend to take stones. Shout loudly. Usually that will stop the dogs in their tracks presumably because a stone can hurt their nose badly.

But if they continue to charge then bopian, quickly scramble.

chanel
03-08-15, 17:36
I teach you one strategy I learned at 6 years old in the kampung.

Bend down and pretend to take stones. Shout loudly. Usually that will stop the dogs in their tracks presumably because a stone can hurt their nose badly.

But if they continue to charge then bopian, quickly scramble.

I was told not to run , that's when the dogs will charge and attack. Wah, when the dogs were only inches away panic with cold sweat but managed to walk swiftly away when one couple passed by to distract the dogs with a stick and told me to be careful cos there are alot of stray wild dogs in the area.

chanel
03-08-15, 22:36
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/1438074618_5137_WTRTWN15072809_zpsrkdsk6hz.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/1438074618_5137_WTRTWN15072809_zpsrkdsk6hz.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/1438074617_5135_WTRTWN15072807_zpsdkhtmj3e.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/1438074617_5135_WTRTWN15072807_zpsdkhtmj3e.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/1438074617_5134_WTRTWN15072806_zpsgjjgn8yt.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/1438074617_5134_WTRTWN15072806_zpsgjjgn8yt.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/1438074614_5129_WTRTWN15072801_zpslj7tp80j.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/1438074614_5129_WTRTWN15072801_zpslj7tp80j.jpg.html)

credit: ownhome.sg

alfanutz
03-08-15, 23:33

Actually it is in the pictures which you linked from ownhome.

At the extreme left of the 1st picture, at about 2cm from the bottom edge.

Kelonguni
03-08-15, 23:44
I was told not to run , that's when the dogs will charge and attack. Wah, when the dogs were only inches away panic with cold sweat but managed to walk swiftly away when one couple passed by to distract the dogs with a stick and told me to be careful cos there are alot of stray wild dogs in the area.

I also think and heard not to run, but what if really crazy dog?

Also learned from "The Gods must be crazy II" that as long as you are taller than the animal, it should not attack. More dangerous for chldren.

alfanutz
04-08-15, 00:45
I also think and heard not to run, but what if really crazy dog?

Also learned from "The Gods must be crazy II" that as long as you are taller than the animal, it should not attack. More dangerous for chldren.

I grew up at a farm in Yio Chu Kang back in the 70s so there's alot of wild dogs.

What we do when we go out is to bring along a stick if possible.

When there's wild dogs, we normally wave our stick or pick up stones to throw. If there's no stone, we even take out slipper out and wave it and throw it at the dog if necessary. They will normally run away and you can then pick up your slipper.

However, they are dogs which are very fierce and typically that's when they are protecting their pups. If you somehow venture into their territory, they won't budge and they will fight with you. As long as you maintain a distance, they won't go after you as their priority is their pups.

chanel
04-08-15, 22:58
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/upcoming-waterway-point/2028108.html#photo-tab

Upcoming Waterway Point mall 90% tenanted: Frasers Centrepoint

Some of the key tenants are a 24-hour FairPrice Finest, a 1,500-seat Shaw Theatres, as well as Singapore's largest Times Bookstore.

SINGAPORE: The upcoming Waterway Point at Punggol has secured committed occupancy for 90 per cent of its retail space, about six months before its opening, Frasers Centrepoint Malls said on Tuesday (Aug 4).

Frasers Centrepoint Malls said the 370,824 square feet (sq ft) Waterway Point will offer four levels of indoor shopping, leisure and alfresco dining spaces with a view of Punggol Waterway.

Key tenants include a 24-hour FairPrice Finest, which will take up nearly 30,000 sq ft of space, a 1,500-seat Shaw Theatres, and a 7,335 sq ft Times Bookstore, which will be its largest outlet in Singapore.

“Once underserved, Punggol today is a picture of rapid development," Mr Christopher Tang, chief executive officer for Commercial and Greater China at Frasers Centrepoint, said in a statement: "The positive take-up underscores a healthy demand for retail space in this developing area."

Waterway Point is part of Watertown, an integrated waterfront residential and retail development by Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House.

- CNA/hs

alfanutz
05-08-15, 00:41
Great piece of news !

It seems that the wiki page on Waterway Point has also been updated with the list of tenants.

I thought the mall will be opened Q4 2015 but the reports say "6 months before its opening". Wonder if it is delayed ?

chanel
05-08-15, 09:28
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterway_Point

Facilities

Waterway Point comprises 4 levels inclusive of 2 basements, and has a tenant mix of approximately 30% F&B, 40% retail, 15% entertainment, 15% others (education institutions, banks, civic & community amenities such as a library). It is also the first mall to be integrated with a town square and a visitors’ centre which will provide an avenue for residents and the public to learn more about the heritage of Punggol through exhibitions and civic and community events. The mall also boasts the first ever suburban late-night shopping, alfresco dining and entertainment concept by the waterfront.
The mall will feature Singapore's first basement cinema with an IMAX theatre occupying 32,500 square feet of retail space with an estimated 1,000 seats operated by Shaw Theatres. The basement also includes a NTUC Fairprice Finest outlet which occupies 30,000 square feet of retail space. A childcare centre occupying 20,000 square feet will be among the anchor tenants too.

List of tenants :

Anchor tenants:

Shaw Theatres & IMAX
NTUC Fairprice Finest
Uniqlo
My First Skool
Cookhouse By Koufu
Best Denki
Times Bookstores

Confirmed tenants:

10/10 Mother And Child Essentials
AVONE Beauty Secrets
Bali Thai
Beijing Language School
Cedele
Charles & Keith
Cotton On
Din Tai Fung
Esprit
Genki Sushi
GG<5
Insadong Korean Town
Kinko Ramen (first outlet in Singapore)
Kuriya Dining
LlaoLlao
Maybank
Miam Miam
Minus 417 Skincare
Pet Lovers' Centre
Pezzo
Shilin Taiwan Street Snacks
So Pho
Social Square
Starbucks
Swensens
The French Table Bistro
The Soup Soon Union
Uncle Leong Seafood
Venus Beauty

alfanutz
06-08-15, 14:07
A more complete press release on Waterway Point can be found on Frasers Centrepoint website.

http://fraserscentrepointmalls.com/blog_detail.php?c=591&desc=Shout+Out&p=19964&t=introducing-waterway-point

Interestingly, it seems that the opening has been postponed to Q1 2016.

The various levels have different focus :

B2 - Round the clock entertainment and services. Anchored by NTUC Finest and Shaw Theatres.

B1 - Alfresco dining overlooking the waterway. Uncle Leong Seafood, Kuriya Dining, The Soup Spoon Union and Bali Thai will be here. Other retailers such as Best Denki is here too.

L1 - Mix of cafe, restaurants, fashion etc. Cotton On, Laniege, GG<5, Esprit, Charles & Keith, LlaoIlao, Starbucks, Cedele, Din Tai Fung, Ministry of Food’s Insadong Korea Town, Miam Miam, Kinko Ramen, The French Table Bistro and Halal Vietnamese cuisine from So Pho.

L2 - Kids and Family Zone. My First Skool, Cookhouse by Koufu, Times Bookstore and a large dry and wet playground.

chanel
17-08-15, 12:41
Noticed from the interior layout of each units, TV points wired to architects' detailing may not be practical or suitable to individuals, hence may want to find out from the developer to confirm the positioning of TV points in each room before electrical wirings commenced and whether it can be re-positioned to our preference thus saving costs of hackings and more electrical work done after TOP.

minority
17-08-15, 14:39
Studio in heartlands for investment will be in trouble. so the coming TOP of watertown will be challenging for landlords. and resale

alfanutz
21-08-15, 00:56
Just a fun fact to share.

The back of the SG50 $50 commemorative note show a view of Punggol Waterway which I think is similar to the view from Tower 1 (condo)

http://www.mas.gov.sg/~/media/resource/news_room/press_releases/2015/$50%20back.jpg

alfanutz
25-08-15, 10:29
It is confirmed that SIT campus will be at Punggol. Actual location is north of the waterway and both side of the campus will be connected to the creative cluster which will be built by JTC.

Agoodman
25-08-15, 13:21
So the value of punggol hdb/EC/condo all will increase in the coming years...:gun3: huat ah!!!

Kelonguni
25-08-15, 13:44
So the value of punggol hdb/EC/condo all will increase in the coming years...:gun3: huat ah!!!

Congrats! Punggol 21 A+!

alfanutz
25-08-15, 15:25

This is hard to say but a university campus with tertiary student population does make a place lively and vibrant.

I think what is unique is the campus is connected to the creative cluster and is also within a residential area.

alfanutz
01-09-15, 17:10
Another month has passed and the progress is now 62%, up 2% from the previous month.

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/construction-details.php?projid=57

Most of the towers has reached the top except for Tower 6 and 7. I think another 4 - 6 weeks and all towers should be completed.

Alot of the Sky Patio has windows pane installed.

I also noticed that the semi circle open area (in front of Watertown and beside the Waterway) has now been cordoned off. It seems they are going to build something there ? Accordingly to a site plan that I saw, it could be a amphitheater.

chanel
27-09-15, 23:19
Upcoming Waterway Point :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2dkzlGkR0CU&app=desktop

alfanutz
28-09-15, 16:11
Landscaping work has even started on the roof level of tower 1 to 3 ! I saw some trees on it.

I think there's only 2 tower crane left.

Arcachon
28-09-15, 16:33
http://www.mas.gov.sg/~/media/resource/news_room/press_releases/2015/$50%20back.jpg

Arcachon
28-09-15, 17:20
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12045481_10206022495534374_960455847276825734_o.jpg

chanel
04-10-15, 16:33
Latest pictures taken on 4th Oct 2015 :

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-4-Ocr15_zpsgzkqgohr.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-4-Ocr15_zpsgzkqgohr.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-3-Oct15_zpsl4qo73gx.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-3-Oct15_zpsl4qo73gx.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-2-Oct15_zpshlhytylk.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-2-Oct15_zpshlhytylk.jpg.html)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/echan59/WT-1-Oct15_zpscieeu2x8.jpg (http://s484.photobucket.com/user/echan59/media/WT-1-Oct15_zpscieeu2x8.jpg.html)

Arcachon
04-10-15, 19:34
63. Watertown@Punggol Central D19 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505974836383098/

alfanutz
06-10-15, 10:21
Other than Oasis Terraces, another neighbourhood centre coming up in Punggol Northshore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqYHxn9S4GU

There should be one more in Matilda as well.

chanel
08-10-15, 11:42

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12144884_10153712362433824_3144791581163991083_n.jpg?oh=1d0b389c89016b3473e5b0aacd11a0e2&oe=56922773
credit Linda Lim (Punggol 21 Facebook)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12112454_10153711062268824_1185490348665917785_n.jpg?oh=841001b8326881bb4722b5fdfafc50ec&oe=56D32A27&__gda__=1453568814_e6c7360ef769966f08ee65f98f7ea9f7
credit Andrew Wang - (Punggol 21 Facebook)

chanel
11-10-15, 16:04
Noticed the balcony has enclosed panels on top of railings. Hope this is correct, gives privacy & also prevents from rain.

NO_7
02-11-15, 21:16
Photo taken from Punggol 21 FB.

Testing the LED display.
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1795665_10153757646923824_6540020469735930907_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=bb7e02eda90d568e0f22fce53f3953fc&oe=56C9BEF5

View from Waterway.
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12032105_10153740455043824_5186108108885814957_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=d3f7e4922a197f77e7c5e9ac03819732&oe=56ADC039

NO_7
02-11-15, 23:36
Upcoming Waterway Point :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2dkzlGkR0CU&app=desktop

Help to convert the video for u.

https://youtu.be/2dkzlGkR0CU

Check out the resi lobby once the mall is open, those mark in blue are resi lift lobby.
Below link is a very old link found in 2012, and the layout is not as-build drawing but its very closed to actual.
Link => http://www.welovepunggol.com/new-condo-launch/about-watertown/waterway-point/
http://www.welovepunggol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2.jpg
http://www.welovepunggol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/1.jpg
http://www.welovepunggol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/B1.jpg
http://www.welovepunggol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/B2.jpg

Arcachon
03-11-15, 01:03
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505974836383098/

chanel
07-11-15, 10:41
Case Study #13

An illustration of properties from the Watertown @ Punggol
conforming to Feng Shui principles

Using the Watertown @ Punggol as an illustration, this waterfront development that integrates seamlessly residences, shopping mall and public transport network is well-positioned by the scenic Punggol Waterway, at the new Punggol Central.

Should the incoming Waterway approaching the site is slow and meandering, life energy or Qi could be gathering in front of the site, ushering good Feng Shui to the Watertown development as there is a popular saying: “水聚天心,富贵万金”. This can literally translate as water gathers in the heart of the site, abundance wealth and good fortune will also gather here. Furthermore, there is also a big open space in the front of the site, which can act as a Bright Hall (明堂) where Qi could collect and definitely be beneficial to this mixed development, ushering good Feng Shui to the site.

In any development, there is always a crane among the chickens. Watertown is no different as there are always better units. Generally speaking, buildings facing the waterway are better, but not all of them are assessed with equal grades; Feng Shui per se.

credit : http://knowyourlifestory.blogspot.sg/p/case-studies-on-property-selection.html

NO_7
12-11-15, 21:57
Taken on 12 Nov 15.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151109_191239_zpsermocxoo.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151112_213408_zpsh40xuegh.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151112_211446_zpsoo8q2pth.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151112_211338_LLS_zpsold5uf9h.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151103_201915_LLS_zpskrwukb88.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20151112_211737_zpshuebmkrw.jpg

chanel
13-11-15, 09:08
Thanks for the latest update.
Looks set to open in 1st quarter! or before CNY?

NO_7
15-11-15, 23:21
Tenant list from Frasers site.

http://www.fraserscentrepointmalls.com/waterwaypoint/stores.html

Molotov
18-11-15, 07:29
Every Punggol resident is eagerly waiting for the opening!

Agoodman
20-11-15, 09:02
Lookin forward too. Get tire of going to NEX and Compass point.

I noticed the recent transaction price is very low for watertown. I think it is quite a good buy to have it at less than $1200 per sq feet.

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 Sub Sale 1 1,270,000 - 1,119 Strata 01 to 05 1,134 Oct-15

Jorick
20-11-15, 10:20
Any ideal when will the shopping mall operation and TOP for Resident, looking at current progress?

Agoodman
20-11-15, 10:38
I heard is Jan 2016 before CNY.

Agoodman
20-11-15, 10:39
I mean Jan 2016 for mall and TOP for watertown is likely end 2016 or 1Q 2017.

alfanutz
20-11-15, 11:57
Lookin forward too. Get tire of going to NEX and Compass point.

I noticed the recent transaction price is very low for watertown. I think it is quite a good buy to have it at less than $1200 per sq feet.

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2011 Sub Sale 1 1,270,000 - 1,119 Strata 01 to 05 1,134 Oct-15

Less than $1200 psf for a mixed development with direct connectivity to MRT is quite good value. This unit seems to be a 3BR condo with Waterway view.

alfanutz
25-12-15, 07:18
Merry X'mas and a happy new year to all !!!

Waterway point will be opening on 18 Jan 2016 so we have something to look forward to in the new year !

Punggol Sports centre will be up 2019/2020 and SIT will move into Punggol probably by 2020.

Another few more years and things will be very different.

alfanutz
05-01-16, 16:05
I passed by Watertown earlier and it was a beehive of activities ! There's many vehicles parked along both side of the road. I can see many contractors working on the renovation of the shops. With less than 2 weeks to the opening, there isn't much time. However, most of the carpentry and fabrication are probably done off-site and brought to the shop for final installation. I can see the sign for Uniqlo on the 2nd floor (overlooking waterway) and Maybank on the 1st floor (near the traffic light junction).

minority
13-01-16, 22:09
Unless is own stay. then any price also can as long as one can afford. but at 1200psf for the location . Its a Carrort Town. AMK central Panaorama is going to 1100psf now. location is way better why would anyone pay $1200 for this location? and rental studio is not tested.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/17831330/for-sale-the-panorama

Xan
14-01-16, 12:34
Unless is own stay. then any price also can as long as one can afford. but at 1200psf for the location . Its a Carrort Town. AMK central Panaorama is going to 1100psf now. location is way better why would anyone pay $1200 for this location? and rental studio is not tested.

How come I did not see u buying?
How's your pulau ubin residence by the way?
Anyway congrats to all Watertown buyers, the shopping mall looks fantastic!

samhsm
14-01-16, 14:01

You are right. Panorama should be lower psf compare to Watertown because Panorama is sitting in an old estate not near town center in a location with no vibrancy. The new MRT is not beside Panorama and it is still under construction. Where else Watertown is in town center, integrated with Waterway point and Punggol MRT. In fact Watertown should be more than $1200 psf.

minority
14-01-16, 14:21
You are right. Panorama should be lower psf compare to Watertown because Panorama is sitting in an old estate not near town center in a location with no vibrancy. The new MRT is not beside Panorama and it is still under construction. Where else Watertown is in town center, integrated with Waterway point and Punggol MRT. In fact Watertown should be more than $1200 psf.

LOL! Punggol is town center. LOL.. old estate? more like matured estate with all the infra. Watertown is like a carrot farm.

minority
14-01-16, 14:22
How come I did not see u buying?
How's your pulau ubin residence by the way?
Anyway congrats to all Watertown buyers, the shopping mall looks fantastic!

wow u must have very good eyes. ;)

yes congrads to all the buyers.. the mall is no diff from a nex mall or any other suburban malls.

samhsm
14-01-16, 15:00
LOL! Punggol is town center. LOL.. old estate? more like matured estate with all the infra. Watertown is like a carrot farm.

Panorama is not in the Ang Mo Kio Town Center, Watertown is in the town center. Does necessary that matured estate has all infra ???? BTW, Punggol Safra will be open this April, http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-safra-punggol/2424410.html . Is there necessity in the matured estate where non-mature estate are lacking ?

minority
14-01-16, 15:08
Panorama is not in the Ang Mo Kio Town Center, Watertown is in the town center. Does necessary that matured estate has all infra ???? BTW, Punggol Safra will be open this April, http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-safra-punggol/2424410.html . Is there necessity in the matured estate where non-mature estate are lacking ?

LOL!! watertown is town center?? Center where? Coz the the name of the condo have the word town? LOL! like that then can also build one condo in changi village call Ctown. also central. lol.

so Centro right in the heart of AMK ? no? 1300psf!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11143437/for-sale-centro-residences

Why bother with some satellite wanna town be so call claim town centre. lol!

Xan
14-01-16, 15:19
LOL!! watertown is town center?? Center where? Coz the the name of the condo have the word town? LOL! like that then can also build one condo in changi village call Ctown. also central. lol.

so Centro right in the heart of AMK ? no? 1300psf!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11143437/for-sale-centro-residences

Why bother with some satellite wanna town be so call claim town centre. lol!

Congrats to minority again for continuing to be the embarrassment cums joke of the year.
Watertown is right in the heart of the epic in punggol, with mrt, shopping mall, waterway park, bus interchange next to it. your panorama is not even close to ang mo kio central or shopping. U still dare talk rubbish with eyes wide open. Hahaha, I salute u

minority
14-01-16, 15:21
Congrats to minority again for continuing to be the embarrassment cums joke of the year.
Watertown is right in the heart of the epic in punggol, with mrt, shopping mall, waterway park, bus interchange next to it. your panorama is not even close to ang mo kio central or shopping. U still dare talk rubbish with eyes wide open. Hahaha, I salute u

LOL!!! CARROTTOWN ah.... So CENTRO in AMK ? not central enough? must have the word town then count ah? CENTRO AMK 1300psf no? WT is so remote. take train also take so long. Panorama is nearer to town and in a mature estate near by. just becoz have mall downstair beside some marsh river that smell is a stellar seller? lol

Xan
14-01-16, 15:28

No need waste time on him. This loser started to feel sore since 2012. If he dares to compare, how come he never compare something similar like yishun north park residence selling at 1400psf? A lot of Watertown buyers bought at 10xxpsf and I think he got jealous. Hahaha

minority
14-01-16, 15:31
No need waste time on him. This loser started to feel sore since 2012. If he dares to compare, how come he never compare something similar like yishun north park residence selling at 1400psf? A lot of Watertown buyers bought at 10xxpsf and I think he got jealous. Hahaha

LOL! jealous... I sense some serious delusion is strong with u. u can't handle reality.

Xan
14-01-16, 15:33
LOL! jealous... I sense some serious delusion is strong with u.

Poor thing, life must be hard on you. Lol
Let it go...

minority
14-01-16, 15:39

North Park PSF $1400?? LOL... more like $1200. let me correct u . If 1400 then I must well go AMK CENTRO!!! 1300!!!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18975411/for-sale-north-park-residences

Xan
14-01-16, 15:44
North Park PSF $1400?? LOL... more like $1200. let me correct u . If 1400 then I must well go AMK CENTRO!!! 1300!!!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18975411/for-sale-north-park-residences
Let me educate this loser. Centro range from 1400 to 1800 psf. North park 2 bedder and below range around 13xx to 14xxpsf. Bet u didn't even visit the show flat still dare talk so loud. Haha

minority
14-01-16, 15:56
Let me educate this loser. Centro range from 1400 to 1800 psf. North park 2 bedder and below range around 13xx to 14xxpsf. Bet u didn't even visit the show flat still dare talk so loud. Haha

LOL!! so Property guru agents asking price must be fake then. only u tell the truth? LOL!!!!

maybe u should visit the URA site to check caveats. don't be bluff urself to feel good!

or like u say have water way is gold liao right?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19621593/for-sale-waterfront-gold

1000 psf!!! also can consider as town central!!!! EVEN More CHEAPER than some ulu town.

Kelonguni
14-01-16, 15:58
North Park has 10×× psf units and also 14xx psf units.

Depends on size.

Verify with propertycarrots.com

so much resources put in to provide info. Don't waste.

Xan
14-01-16, 16:00
LOL!! so Property guru agents asking price must be fake then. only u tell the truth? LOL!!!!

maybe u should visit the URA site to check caveats. don't be bluff urself to feel good!

Oh yea, no wonder u so stupid. Cos u only trust the agents. Hahaha

minority
14-01-16, 16:12
Oh yea, no wonder u so stupid. Cos u only trust the agents. Hahaha

LOL!! delusion to a max.

Xan
14-01-16, 16:13
LOL!! delusion to a max.

There's no cure to stupidity anyway. Lol

minority
14-01-16, 16:20

delusion
dɪˈl(j)uːʒ(ə)n/Submit
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Xan
14-01-16, 16:25
delusion
dɪˈl(j)uːʒ(ə)n/Submit
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
I really pity u. Haha

NO_7
14-01-16, 23:15
Apart from the retail space, the walking space is very crampy.
Fraserscentrepointmalls.com
http://fraserscentrepointmalls.com/files/images/Infographic%20Map_Resized.png

minority
16-01-16, 00:53
Apart from the retail space, the walking space is very crampy.
Fraserscentrepointmalls.com
http://fraserscentrepointmalls.com/files/images/Infographic%20Map_Resized.png

LOL! its place for rabbits. mah. n its FEO project what do u expect?

samhsm
16-01-16, 09:12
How to tell it is crampy? Schematic drawing are not to scale.

samhsm
16-01-16, 09:17
Please do not insult residents living in Punggol to be rabbits. Mind your words.
This place have everything under one roof , residents no need travel everywhere to get their necessity. Such as, joining the crowd in the crampy downtown.

onglai
16-01-16, 11:54

or like u say have water way is gold liao right?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19621593/for-sale-waterfront-gold

1000 psf!!! also can consider as town central!!!! EVEN More CHEAPER than some ulu town.

I only believe in the caveat lodged. latest transaction in jan is close to 1297 for a 969sf unit at midfloor

some ads put low price only as baits.

Xan
16-01-16, 12:50
LOL! its place for rabbits. mah. n its FEO project what do u expect?

Haha, still can't get over the fact that you can't afford anything in life?
Be graceful and magnanimous and you will be less painful. Lol

Xan
16-01-16, 12:51
I only believe in the caveat lodged. latest transaction in jan is close to 1297 for a 969sf unit at midfloor

Don't you know minority is just a retard who only trust the agents? Hahaha

minority
16-01-16, 21:22
Please do not insult residents living in Punggol to be rabbits. Mind your words.
This place have everything under one roof , residents no need travel everywhere to get their necessity. Such as, joining the crowd in the crampy downtown.

yes just stay crampy in c.. ehhh WaterTown.?

minority
16-01-16, 21:25

Waterfront isle caveat also not too long ago.

28 OCT 2015 738 BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD #XX-XX SUB SALE 915 STRATA 1,098 1,005,000

teddybear
16-01-16, 21:36
You are so right about minority............... :drinking_coffee_ico

What to do with somebody who has been caught lying and twisting and turning again and again? :scared-2:

teddybear
16-01-16, 21:37
You mean Waterfront Isle is Watertown or in Punggol? :dejection:
Looks like another tactic to beat around the bush and argue till the cow come home that you are always right again?

Waterfront isle caveat also not too long ago.

28 OCT 2015 738 BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD #XX-XX SUB SALE 915 STRATA 1,098 1,005,000

samhsm
16-01-16, 22:27
yes just stay crampy in c.. ehhh WaterTown.?

How you know it's crampy? If you haven't/ can't taste the grapes, how's concluded it will be sour ? I suggest you clear your sight before take a look again, red eyes can't see clearly

minority
16-01-16, 23:13
How you know it's crampy? If you haven't/ can't taste the grapes, how's concluded it will be sour ? I suggest you clear your sight before take a look again, red eyes can't see clearly

lol no need to taste... see can liao... see liao no appetite means cannot eat lor.

minority
16-01-16, 23:15
You mean Waterfront Isle is Watertown or in Punggol? :dejection:
Looks like another tactic to beat around the bush and argue till the cow come home that you are always right again?

lol 2016 tge ah kam is out. who let u out of the cage?

samhsm
17-01-16, 00:25
lol no need to taste... see can liao... see liao no appetite means cannot eat lor.

How to see clearly if your eyes are red red. Is Watertown a threat to you ? I can understand. Usually this sickness causes one to have no self security/ego issues and wanted to bring others down so that he feels important by not stating the facts. Do you need help ? Try the mental hospital

Xan
17-01-16, 07:20
You are so right about minority............... :drinking_coffee_ico

What to do with somebody who has been caught lying and twisting and turning again and again? :scared-2:
Haha, To me minority just a Retard la, till now, I Guess he still haven't figure out which is sant ritz and which is the venue.
Below is the link to illustrate his stupidity.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/12646-Watertown-Punggol-Waterfront-Living/page282

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/12646-Watertown-Punggol-Waterfront-Living/page283

Xan
17-01-16, 07:50
How to see clearly if your eyes are red red. Is Watertown a threat to you ? I can understand. Usually this sickness causes one to have no self security/ego issues and wanted to bring others down so that he feels important by not stating the facts. Do you need help ? Try the mental hospital

For those who knows minority knows his twist and turn pattern la, no need angry with him. This guy can't even interpret data from per sq foot, you think he will give constructive comments? Also tell You a secret, this guy can't afford anything, resulting his mental imbalance.
Relax relax, just enjoy the show and see how he embarrass himself. Lol

samhsm
17-01-16, 08:19
For those who knows minority knows his twist and turn pattern la, no need angry with him. This guy can't even interpret data from per sq foot, you think he will give constructive comments? Also tell You a secret, this guy can't afford anything, resulting his mental imbalance.
Relax relax, just enjoy the show and see how he embarrass himself. Lol

Thanks Xan.
Aside to Minority, you are welcome to gives your view with facts but unfortunately your view are without facts. If you can't justify what you claimed, don't change subject and try to smoke here.

alfanutz
17-01-16, 08:26
For a productive discussion when it comes to comparison, the comparison must be made between entities with similar characteristic. The minute Watertown was compared to Panorama, that to me indicate this is going to be a senseless comparison. More suitable comparison will be with similar integrated (MRT/Bus) mixed residential development like Bedok Residences, The Centris, Compass point etc. Then to make the discussion even more fruitful, list down the pros and cons so that other forummers who are looking for information on such development whether they want to buy or rent can benefit from it.

Forums are meant to share information and sometimes we do disagree about things but we can be all civil and agree to disagree. Even if someone want to pay $2000 psf for a rabbit hole, that is his money and his perogative. Running down other people's decision is very easy to do especially when hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. But what purpose does this achieve except to boost one's ego that he is "smarter" than others ?

NO_7
17-01-16, 13:03
Just outside Uniqlo.
http://rs131.pbsrc.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/20160108_192117_zpsdq76ki7w.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

alfanutz
18-01-16, 13:20
Waterway Point is really packed ! Car park also full.

Queue at the customer service counter is very long as well.

I can see that security will be an issue as there's a few point where you can access Watertown from the mall.

The barrier on Level 2 isn't very high, someone can actually climb over it to get into resident's area.

thomastansb
18-01-16, 14:34
Relax people.

I think Watertown is a good project. MRT and mall below your house. Not bad. The only thing is paying 1.6k psf for it. I really don't think it is worth that kind of money. I saw a number of transactions > 1.5k psf which is absolutely nuts. For those who buy below 1.3k psf, I find that still reasonable. For those who bought below 1.1k psf, you got a good deal. Bottom line - it is a good project in a pretty good location if you ask me.

thomastansb
18-01-16, 14:40
Rental is not going to be good. So the expectation has to be realistic. I believe should be around ATT which is just opposite. 2 to 2.2k for 2 bedders. 2.3 to 2.5k for 3 bedders. So studio probably can get 1.8 to 2k.

But 1.2k psf, not carrot town lah. Still ok for me. In fact, I don't mind paying 1.2 to 1.3k psf depending on the size and level. But if you are investing, beware of the low rental there. Don't be fooled by agents telling you studio can get 2.5k. Wait long long. lol.

p/s: No vested interest. Just my honest opinion.

Kelonguni
18-01-16, 15:16
Actually nowadays all similar. The selling price is way higher in proportion than the expected rental yield.

Rental is not going to be good. So the expectation has to be realistic. I believe should be around ATT which is just opposite. 2 to 2.2k for 2 bedders. 2.3 to 2.5k for 3 bedders. So studio probably can get 1.8 to 2k.

But 1.2k psf, not carrot town lah. Still ok for me. In fact, I don't mind paying 1.2 to 1.3k psf depending on the size and level. But if you are investing, beware of the low rental there. Don't be fooled by agents telling you studio can get 2.5k. Wait long long. lol.

NO_7
18-01-16, 15:17
Everywhere are packed, even carpark also full and still many cars are circling rounds for lot.
Was watching movie in theatre no.10, direct facing the under ground MRT track, can't hear any noise from the train track, maybe my hearing is not that sharp.
Most of the shops are in operation today, at this timing the restaurants and food court are crowded.
Well, FEO doesn't provide viewing for the resi unit, else we will take the opportunity to go up and have a look.

alfanutz
18-01-16, 15:54

This is the kind of balanced opinion that we want. You stated your opinion without using derogatory remarks. So even if people don't agree with you, they will still respect you.

star
18-01-16, 18:39
If missed out waterpoint never there is still north park residence.

minority
18-01-16, 21:47
LOL.... Car Park always full, Queue everywhere very long, Security could be a concern, so far from town, even train all take time, 1600psf........ Unit size minus 30% un usable space is 400sqf no bigger than a hotel room... weak rental 2k! uniqueness of this place coz have water front? Singapore surrounded with sea. So many project have waterfront .

Place is surrounded with HDB. and EC which also can get access to the same congested amenities at lower psf and better yield. So what so special ? Good meh? Other than those who have no choice already commit to eat this carrot coz buy liao. But there are other better bites ard the area.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19504626/for-rent-coralis

I can rent a coralis right in the happening east with so many solid malls ard. PWP, i12, FarEast V Mall not to say the great foodies place in joo chiat etc. and so near to town. Why would people pay 2K pls for a ulu place so dar out?

Ok lets talk location and view. for 1.1kpsf got city view , got MBS view, Got Seaview, stone thrown to a multi billion park Gardens by the bay. new MRT on the way . So near to city. and yet! 1.1Kpsf! Why would anyone want to pay 1300 to 1600 psf for a congested ulu, far flung place that is not even anything unique.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19439890/for-sale-tanjong-ria-condominium

In case people KPKB here say Studio near city , near sea and MBS and amenities i.e. sports hub where got 1200psf... NAHHHH...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18565968/for-sale-tanjong-ria-condominium

minority
18-01-16, 22:03
GOT ANOTHER ONE even better than this town!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19323399/for-sale-crystal-rhu

free hold! 1300psf just like what people pay for WT! also have water view, also have amenities and billion dollars infra at door steps. MRT on the way also . and Tanjong ruh don't have the congestion , crowd , or security concerns!

EHHH did i forget FREEHOLD????? LOL!

samhsm
18-01-16, 23:05
No need to say so much lah. First day only waterway point already so well received. The result says it all. There must be something special about this place. Not sure the projects you mentioned have similar amenities to justify the psf. And furthermore, those are posted by agents and not actual data. Freehold or not freehold is not important, we are all mortals, we will get old and conveniences is top priority. With MRT just at the doorstep , every corner of the tiny island of Singapore will be nearer then expected. And then again, do the residents need to travel far to get the necessity?

star
19-01-16, 02:49
If missed out watertown don't worry, there is still northpark residence. So don't miss again. :)

minority
19-01-16, 06:06
No need to say so much lah. First day only waterway point already so well received. The result says it all. There must be something special about this place. Not sure the projects you mentioned have similar amenities to justify the psf. And furthermore, those are posted by agents and not actual data. Freehold or not freehold is not important, we are all mortals, we will get old and conveniences is top priority. With MRT just at the doorstep , every corner of the tiny island of Singapore will be nearer then expected. And then again, do the residents need to travel far to get the necessity?

hah.. but when old like people will live simple also travel less and need less so all the material needs are not so important. will be shopping less too. so amenities might not be needed when old.

samhsm
19-01-16, 06:53
hah.. but when old like people will live simple also travel less and need less so all the material needs are not so important. will be shopping less too. so amenities might not be needed when old.
Exactly as you said, when people are old will hope to travel less. But if you want to stay active and live in a vibrant area and feels young, Watertown is a very good options. But if you have lower expectations, like mostly stay indoors and hope social workers will bring you the necessities , HDB studio apartment is a good option.

minority
19-01-16, 08:32
Exactly as you said, when people are old will hope to travel less. But if you want to stay active and live in a vibrant area and feels young, Watertown is a very good options. But if you have lower expectations, like mostly stay indoors and hope social workers will bring you the necessities , HDB studio apartment is a good option.

Oh WT vibrant? Or congested? Old people jostle with crowd. Pollution and security concerns? Lol. I think other more peaceful better located bang for bucks areas to retire leh.

iwantgizmos
19-01-16, 08:58
wahhhhh... let's not bicker about petty and trivial matters.

everyone has their own preferences, i.e. perhaps close to relatives/parents?...

it's all about personal choice...

every home is a dream home... :)

thomastansb
19-01-16, 10:10
I really think price is the most important factor. 1.6k psf, screw it. Coralis is a different condo altogether. D15. But if you want MRT, Coralis don't have MRT. So really depends on your needs. If I work in north, why would I want to get Coralis right? Anyway, WT is not that bad. It is ulu, no doubt. But the question is, why do I need to stay near city? And if my budget is 1.2k psf, then it fits my needs. Better condos are everywhere. The debates never end one. At the end of the day, depends on your needs and wants. But I have to agree that if you are buying at 1.6k psf for investment, you must be nuts.

LOL.... Car Park always full, Queue everywhere very long, Security could be a concern, so far from town, even train all take time, 1600psf........ Unit size minus 30% un usable space is 400sqf no bigger than a hotel room... weak rental 2k! uniqueness of this place coz have water front? Singapore surrounded with sea. So many project have waterfront .

Place is surrounded with HDB. and EC which also can get access to the same congested amenities at lower psf and better yield. So what so special ? Good meh? Other than those who have no choice already commit to eat this carrot coz buy liao. But there are other better bites ard the area.

I can rent a coralis right in the happening east with so many solid malls ard. PWP, i12, FarEast V Mall not to say the great foodies place in joo chiat etc. and so near to town. Why would people pay 2K pls for a ulu place so dar out?

Ok lets talk location and view. for 1.1kpsf got city view , got MBS view, Got Seaview, stone thrown to a multi billion park Gardens by the bay. new MRT on the way . So near to city. and yet! 1.1Kpsf! Why would anyone want to pay 1300 to 1600 psf for a congested ulu, far flung place that is not even anything unique.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19439890/for-sale-tanjong-ria-condominium

In case people KPKB here say Studio near city , near sea and MBS and amenities i.e. sports hub where got 1200psf... NAHHHH...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/18565968/for-sale-tanjong-ria-condominium

minority
19-01-16, 10:18
I really think price is the most important factor. 1.6k psf, screw it. Coralis is a different condo altogether. D15. But if you want MRT, Coralis don't have MRT. So really depends on your needs. If I work in north, why would I want to get Coralis right? Anyway, WT is not that bad. It is ulu, no doubt. But the question is, why do I need to stay near city? And if my budget is 1.2k psf, then it fits my needs. Better condos are everywhere. The debates never end one. At the end of the day, depends on your needs and wants. But I have to agree that if you are buying at 1.6k psf for investment, you must be nuts.

From a renter perspective Coralis is better bang for buck give its same rental price pt as WT. compare to WT there are better access to more amenities. namely malls, park, beaches , food, and near town etc. for long term investors then the MRT is also going to be right at the door step. too. but I was comparing it as a tenant not a investor coz given the rental ask for corals is 2.6k for example open to nego. while a WT is also expecting the same. even if its a bit lower the benefits is stacked against it.

as for work. well more jobs are located centrally or on the upper east hubs. so the NE side not much working folks tenants. want to bang on the seletar hub folks thats not a lot of people and there are also a lot of choices nearer to the selatar hub. like greenwich for example.

so all these hype the WT is so special frankly I don't see it at all. sorry to be blunt about it. but I see a spade I call a spade.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 10:26

At 1.6k psf, there's alot of options and if you want to make money by selling the unit, you have to sell at minimum 1.8k psf and that's really too much for this area. Within Punggol, there's no lack of EC and PC so supply is there. Paya Lebar central will be a better choice. There's a huge office/commercial/residential project coming up beside the Paya Lebar MRT and Singpost building is also undergoing renovation to become a mall (with cinema). Amongst the regional centres, it is the closest to the city and has good connectivity. That area is a laggard and probably because don't have much supporting businesses yet. I heard that Paya Lebar Square has alot of empty offices.

In another few years time, Punggol central area will be transformed. It should be quite bustling, with a university and business park north of the waterway and also a town hub just beside the mrt. Those that bought below 1.2k psf for own stay should be pretty pleased with how the place is developing.

minority
19-01-16, 10:47
At 1.6k psf, there's alot of options and if you want to make money by selling the unit, you have to sell at minimum 1.8k psf and that's really too much for this area. Within Punggol, there's no lack of EC and PC so supply is there. Paya Lebar central will be a better choice. There's a huge office/commercial/residential project coming up beside the Paya Lebar MRT and Singpost building is also undergoing renovation to become a mall (with cinema). Amongst the regional centres, it is the closest to the city and has good connectivity. That area is a laggard and probably because don't have much supporting businesses yet. I heard that Paya Lebar Square has alot of empty offices.

In another few years time, Punggol central area will be transformed. It should be quite bustling, with a university and business park north of the waterway and also a town hub just beside the mrt. Those that bought below 1.2k psf for own stay should be pretty pleased with how the place is developing.

actually with 1.6k psf there are many options to be. but with a budget of 1.3K there are some picks that are near the city or hub finge like I pointed out. or even the developing hubs which is equally ulu like Changi city point side. but the advantage of those at changi city point is the uni is already ready, the biz park is buzzing and expanding, the MRT is on the way and all the lines in the east converged to CCP. the malls are there also and easy access to airport . so from a investment or tenant pool there are many renters to tap on.

from a amenities stand pt it no way less then the WT , paris park or beach, Expo and CCP malls , uni and MRT coming up. and yet the psf is more competitive than WT! with free hold status.

look at sun haven for example. FH $1K psf and some are 900psf. There are un tap potential n compared to WT its way better value.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19385403/for-sale-sunhaven

Ilikeu
19-01-16, 13:38
The latest 2 subsales falls below $1200psf.

Block Unit Last Contract Date Type Amount Psf AreaSqm AreaSqft
65 08-09 10/29/2015 Sub Sale $1,190,000 1063 104 1119
63 03-08 10/06/2015 Sub Sale $1,270,000 1134 104 1119
75 04-76 07/03/2015 Sub Sale $1,700,000 1253 126 1356
67 02-15 06/01/2015 New Sale $2,000,000 1290 144 1550
71 06-51 05/22/2015 Sub Sale $969,400 1201 75 807
81 10-90 05/20/2015 Sub Sale $945,000 986 89 958

thomastansb
19-01-16, 13:44
There is nothing special. But it is not a bad place. No doubt, D15 is better. I agree with you. That is why a studio in Coralis will probably fetch 2.4 to 2.5k while the same studio in WT will fetch 1.8 or 2k at most. I don't think the rental will be the same for both Coralis and WT. It will NEVER be the same. Not even close. Punggol is always punggol. Sub-urban. That is why you should never pay 1.6k psf for punggol. My opinion remains unchanged. But it is not fair to compare Coralis vs WT. Like you say, as a tenant, you will choose Coralis but AT A PRICE. That price is $500 difference for a studio.

From a renter perspective Coralis is better bang for buck give its same rental price pt as WT. compare to WT there are better access to more amenities. namely malls, park, beaches , food, and near town etc. for long term investors then the MRT is also going to be right at the door step. too. but I was comparing it as a tenant not a investor coz given the rental ask for corals is 2.6k for example open to nego. while a WT is also expecting the same. even if its a bit lower the benefits is stacked against it.

as for work. well more jobs are located centrally or on the upper east hubs. so the NE side not much working folks tenants. want to bang on the seletar hub folks thats not a lot of people and there are also a lot of choices nearer to the selatar hub. like greenwich for example.

so all these hype the WT is so special frankly I don't see it at all. sorry to be blunt about it. but I see a spade I call a spade.

thomastansb
19-01-16, 13:49
I think in terms of capital appreciation or rental, at 1.6kpsf is just suicidal.

1.6k psf x 1.2k sq ft = 1.9 to 2M. Every month, you pay the bank 6k? Add maintenance, taxes probably 7k? And interest rate going up but that is another story.

You pay 2M or 7k a month for a property that can rent out 3 to 3.5k? You must be nuts.

Like you said, capital gain is pretty much impossible which I fully agree. In fact, I think if you buy anything above 1.4k psf (2 bedroom and above), you will lucky not to lose money.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 14:14
I think in terms of capital appreciation or rental, at 1.6kpsf is just suicidal.

1.6k psf x 1.2k sq ft = 1.9 to 2M. Every month, you pay the bank 6k? Add maintenance, taxes probably 7k? And interest rate going up but that is another story.

You pay 2M or 7k a month for a property that can rent out 3 to 3.5k? You must be nuts.

Like you said, capital gain is pretty much impossible which I fully agree. In fact, I think if you buy anything above 1.4k psf (2 bedroom and above), you will lucky not to lose money.

Actually the two recent subsale maybe just break even ? As if they bought in Jan 2012, i think they still have to pay SSD of 4% ? From the floor area of 1119 sqft, I assume these are 3 room condo units from tower 3 and if they bought with all the discounts, the lowest psf was $980 I think ?

There's no point comparing Coralis, Sunhaven etc to WT because they are not mixed development with transport node.

thomastansb
19-01-16, 14:32
Ya. No point comparing D15 to WT. Different tenants' profile also. 1k psf is a good deal actually.

Actually the two recent subsale maybe just break even ? As if they bought in Jan 2012, i think they still have to pay SSD of 4% ? From the floor area of 1119 sqft, I assume these are 3 room condo units from tower 3 and if they bought with all the discounts, the lowest psf was $980 I think ?

There's no point comparing Coralis, Sunhaven etc to WT because they are not mixed development with transport node.

samhsm
19-01-16, 14:59
actually with 1.6k psf there are many options to be. but with a budget of 1.3K there are some picks that are near the city or hub finge like I pointed out. or even the developing hubs which is equally ulu like Changi city point side. but the advantage of those at changi city point is the uni is already ready, the biz park is buzzing and expanding, the MRT is on the way and all the lines in the east converged to CCP. the malls are there also and easy access to airport . so from a investment or tenant pool there are many renters to tap on.

from a amenities stand pt it no way less then the WT , paris park or beach, Expo and CCP malls , uni and MRT coming up. and yet the psf is more competitive than WT! with free hold status.

look at sun haven for example. FH $1K psf and some are 900psf. There are un tap potential n compared to WT its way better value.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19385403/for-sale-sunhaven

Not sure why Coralis , Sun Haven...etc. are mentioned here....the amenities are not at the door steps. There's no end to comparison...because of uniqueness of each of them such as the age, the facilities, conveniences of the amenities are quite different. Not sure why we are sharing WT and other projects with no similarity are being brought in for discuss. One Bro brought up North Park Residences which I think is the most closely comparison to WT. If you missed the boat, please do not be despair and put negative remarks on WT. Let the market forces decide how much the project will cost. Buying property is not going to be cheap in land scarce Singapore, buyer are very prudent in committing the purchase and believing that will profit it at the end of the day. Go buy North Park Residences in Yishun, the current psf is about $1350. When it TOP, it should be 10-20% higher and then again WT will try to match their psf.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 15:43
Here's the list of mixed developments that are integrated with transport node which I can think of :

1) Compass Heights
2) The Centris
3) Watertown
4) Bedok Residences
5) The Tennery (not too sure about this as it is connected to LRT and not MRT).
6) Soho @ Central
7) Tanjong Pagar Centre
8) The Orchard Residences
9) The Poiz Residences
10) North Park Residences

There are others which are not mixed development but also enjoy close proximity to mall and transport node. J Gateway, Sky Vue/Sky Habitat, Centro Residences, Kovan Melody/Residences, Hillion Residences, condos around potong pasir mrt, condos around Dhoby Gaut mrt etc.

propertycarrots
19-01-16, 16:32
Top 10 cheapest units based on Caveat:

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12573950_10153483498722568_5788400414324207629_n.jpg?oh=3a24fd6c94e68c7c89c2a9699274b355&oe=5744B668&__gda__=1459418781_46ff5107698221c828d517b0d55212a4

alfanutz
19-01-16, 16:45
Top 10 cheapest units based on Caveat:

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12573950_10153483498722568_5788400414324207629_n.jpg?oh=3a24fd6c94e68c7c89c2a9699274b355&oe=5744B668&__gda__=1459418781_46ff5107698221c828d517b0d55212a4

Wow ! Those "09" stack really get it at damn good price ! I still have the original pricelist for those stack and at the transacted price, it is about 18% discount !

And if I am not wrong, those prices are excluding the stamp duty rebate and furniture voucher ?

NO_7
19-01-16, 17:35
Here's the list of mixed developments that are integrated with transport node which I can think of :

1) Compass Heights
2) The Centris
3) Watertown
4) Bedok Residences
5) The Tennery (not too sure about this as it is connected to LRT and not MRT).
6) Soho @ Central
7) Tanjong Pagar Centre
8) The Orchard Residences
9) The Poiz Residences
10) North Park Residences

There are others which are not mixed development but also enjoy close proximity to mall and transport node. J Gateway, Sky Vue/Sky Habitat, Centro Residences, Kovan Melody/Residences, Hillion Residences, condos around potong pasir mrt, condos around Dhoby Gaut mrt etc.

Few in mind..
Mix/MRT station linked.
Clermont Resi
South Beach Resi
Eden capitol Resi

Next to MRT & mall
Soleil @ Sinaran
Suites at Orchard

Xan
19-01-16, 18:13

Wow, our minority suddenly became property guru overnight by posting chains of thesis advising pple which property to buy. Well done.
Btw, do you know that recent transaction for coralis 1 bedders is around $900k? With that pathetic monthly $2400 rental (or less after minus off property tax, maintenance fee etc), the rental yield for coralis is below 3%.
WT 1 bedders is around 5xxk to 6xxk and even if it was rented out at 1.8k per month, the rental yield is still much better than coralis. You still have the face to advise investor to go for coralis? Are u retarded?
Coralis is good in location, near Katong 112 but it is no where near mrt. if go by your logic, then I can also say park east at Jalan Tua Kong (at Katong) also damn good wat. But did u know that one needs to walk at least 10 to 15 mins just to reach bus stop?
Next, u embarrass yourself again by comparing Tanjong Ria, which is a 23 year old condo with a brand new condo.
In this way, definitely all old condos are better wat. Especially those bought in 1980s. Have u thought of the condition of these old condo and the maintenance fee incurred?

By the way, if u r diligent enough, go to the ura caveat lodge and count how many WT units are selling betw 13xx to 15xx. It is 88 units. The rest (800 over units) are sold betw 9xx to 12xxpsf. (Not forgetting we have furniture and stamp duty rebate etc, the psf could be lower) Not sure why pple keep shouting WT selling at 16xxpsf where most probably only less than 5 units sold at that price.

While I agree with teddy saying that u r a big liar who twist and turn, I think u r just pure stupid and ignorant.
Don't assume pple bought without doing any research. We did more homework than u.

NO_7
19-01-16, 18:28
Few in mind..
Mix/MRT station linked.
Clermont Resi
South Beach Resi
Eden capitol Resi

Next to MRT & mall
Soleil @ Sinaran
Suites at Orchard

2 more Duo Resi and Marina One.

Xan
19-01-16, 18:43
Wow ! Those "09" stack really get it at damn good price ! I still have the original pricelist for those stack and at the transacted price, it is about 18% discount !

And if I am not wrong, those prices are excluding the stamp duty rebate and furniture voucher ?

Yes, the psf could be lower after furniture n stamp duty rebate. These pple got a damn good deal

alfanutz
19-01-16, 20:19
Yes, the psf could be lower after furniture n stamp duty rebate. These pple got a damn good deal

Yeah, if we factor the stamp duty rebate (approx 27k at 1.08 million) and furniture voucher (20k), their purchase price is between 925 - 934 psf !

However, to be more accurate, only those units launched on the 1st day of VVIP preview (tower 3, 8 and 9) has lower psf. Those that launched after the preview has much higher price, generally about 12xx psf. These few units in question most likely has all the discounts applied (neighbourhood discount, hdb upgrader discount etc).

I wonder why WT attracts alot of negative attention and bashing ? There's quite a few small units from Bedok Residences asking for 16xx - 18xx psf and recent caveats are at 14xx - 15xx psf for the small units. I used Bedok Residences as an example as it has similar attributes and it actually launched about the same time as WT. Well, it actually launched in Nov 2011 whereas WT launched in Jan 2012, just after the implementation of ABSD1.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 20:38

I actually missed out Yew Tee Residences under the 1st category of mixed development integrated with transport node.

Duo Residences and Marina One are good addition to the 1st category, a big miss by me.

Xan
19-01-16, 20:45
Yeah, if we factor the stamp duty rebate (approx 27k at 1.08 million) and furniture voucher (20k), their purchase price is between 925 - 934 psf !

However, to be more accurate, only those units launched on the 1st day of VVIP preview (tower 3, 8 and 9) has lower psf. Those that launched after the preview has much higher price, generally about 12xx psf. These few units in question most likely has all the discounts applied (neighbourhood discount, hdb upgrader discount etc).

I wonder why WT attracts alot of negative attention and bashing ? There's quite a few small units from Bedok Residences asking for 16xx - 18xx psf and recent caveats are at 14xx - 15xx psf for the small units. I used Bedok Residences as an example as it has similar attributes and it actually launched about the same time as WT. Well, it actually launched in Nov 2011 whereas WT launched in Jan 2012, just after the implementation of ABSD1.

If you recall, most units (850 over units) are sold during 2012 CNY period and the psf range from 9xx to 12xx psf.
12xxpsf units are mainly the soho units.

The rest of the units (about 88 units) sold at a higher price range from 13xx to 15xx and probably less than 5 units at 1.6kpsf.
This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the actual psf is even lower compared to the caveat data.
Facts are facts, cannot lie one.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.
Agree WT is not in the best location but if your entry price is below 1.2kpsf, it's a reasonable deal.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 20:48

I actually missed out Yew Tee Residences under the 1st category of mixed development integrated with transport node.

Duo Residences and Marina One are good addition to the 1st category, a big miss by me.

alfanutz
19-01-16, 20:56
If you recall, most units (850 over units) are sold during 2012 CNY period and the psf range from 9xx to 12xx psf.

The rest of the units (about 88 units) sold at a higher price range from 13xx to 15xx and probably less than 5 units at 1.6kpsf.
This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the psf reflected in caveat will be even lower.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is only minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.
Agree WT is not in the best location but if your entry price is below 1.2kpsf, it's a reasonable deal.

I guess property is a topic that can elicit strong emotional response.

For example, I am amazed that a 4 room HDB at clementi (above Clementi mall) sold for 900k and there is a 5 room unit now asking for 1.08 million !

Personally, I won't pay that price but I won't react in a negative manner. In fact, I am happy the seller make tons of money and the buyer found his dream home. To behave otherwise is really a waste of energy.

Those 88 units should be the 4 room Sky Patio from Tower 4 and 11 ? BTW, if I am not wrong, quite a few units at Tower 1 were sold for 12xx psf as well.

NO_7
19-01-16, 20:57

Hillion.
And the up coming Holland V mix dev, another big one coming, how much u guess?

alfanutz
19-01-16, 21:18
Hillion.
And the up coming Holland V mix dev, another big one coming, how much u guess?

Damn ! That's gonna be a big one !

Depends on how much the developer pay for that piece of land but as it is considered an iconic development with the government using a 2 envelope bidding system, my guess is it will be 1.8 - 2k psf ? I can only use The Ford @ Holland and Urban Edge @ Holland V as guideline.

NO_7
19-01-16, 21:52
Damn ! That's gonna be a big one !

Depends on how much the developer pay for that piece of land but as it is considered an iconic development with the government using a 2 envelope bidding system, my guess is it will be 1.8 - 2k psf ? I can only use The Ford @ Holland and Urban Edge @ Holland V as guideline.
Guess is around 2k, can't be lower than JGateway price.

minority
19-01-16, 22:18

Don't think 1200sqf if paid 1.6K will can rent lower than 6K.

NO_7
19-01-16, 22:19

This exclude furniture, stamp duty, Neighbourhood discount etc. Means that the actual psf is even lower compared to the caveat data.

The only sore loser who is also a big liar here is minority, I find that others' comment are pretty balance.

I still have that screenshot of WT transacted price n sales graph back then.
In 2011 Dec when govt annouced ABSD, the mkt looks to take a nose drive, WT kick start the ppty mkt in Jan 2012 with good respones from sales.
From then on the ppty mkt was all the way till it took 7 CM, or 8?, to bring it down.
Well, thats just my observation.
http://rs131.pbsrc.com/albums/p284/zze121/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-01-19-22-59-17_zpsqmmciend.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

minority
19-01-16, 22:20

it have to look at the whole area the condo is in. if not every condo will be different. coz even u compare WT with Bedok Residence there will be different that some say different value i.e number of tenant, Waterfront , close to East side , distance to town, distant to airport etc. so it will never be the same if that is the case even for mix development. Then wats the measurement ?

Kelonguni
19-01-16, 22:31
Such large units I guess primarily for own stay. Only a small handful achieved this kind of PSF.

Don't think 1200sqf if paid 1.6K will can rent lower than 6K.

minority
19-01-16, 22:38
Not sure why Coralis , Sun Haven...etc. are mentioned here....the amenities are not at the door steps. There's no end to comparison...because of uniqueness of each of them such as the age, the facilities, conveniences of the amenities are quite different. Not sure why we are sharing WT and other projects with no similarity are being brought in for discuss. One Bro brought up North Park Residences which I think is the most closely comparison to WT. If you missed the boat, please do not be despair and put negative remarks on WT. Let the market forces decide how much the project will cost. Buying property is not going to be cheap in land scarce Singapore, buyer are very prudent in committing the purchase and believing that will profit it at the end of the day. Go buy North Park Residences in Yishun, the current psf is about $1350. When it TOP, it should be 10-20% higher and then again WT will try to match their psf.

LOL then if that is the analogy then no project can be compared. There is nothing to compared at all. But the comparison should be base on rentability, the amenities not just in building but ard as a whole. so all this hype that WT so special etc. is BS. coz I echo your pt there are other project where there are more amenities that are at the door step ( might not be in the build ) but its basically near by. And as a investment that are the factors coz it affect rentability.

Miss the boat ? LOL I think there are better boats. ;) why Would I even consider north park not worth the value. pay such premium just becoz its a integrated project. no pt.

minority
19-01-16, 23:11
Wow, our minority suddenly became property guru overnight by posting chains of thesis advising pple which property to buy. Well done.
Btw, do you know that recent transaction for coralis 1 bedders is around $900k? With that pathetic monthly $2400 rental (or less after minus off property tax, maintenance fee etc), the rental yield for coralis is below 3%.
WT 1 bedders is around 5xxk to 6xxk and even if it was rented out at 1.8k per month, the rental yield is still much better than coralis. You still have the face to advise investor to go for coralis? Are u retarded?
Coralis is good in location, near Katong 112 but it is no where near mrt. if go by your logic, then I can also say park east at Jalan Tua Kong (at Katong) also damn good wat. But did u know that one needs to walk at least 10 to 15 mins just to reach bus stop?
Next, u embarrass yourself again by comparing Tanjong Ria, which is a 23 year old condo with a brand new condo.
In this way, definitely all old condos are better wat. Especially those bought in 1980s. Have u thought of the condition of these old condo and the maintenance fee incurred?

By the way, if u r diligent enough, go to the ura caveat lodge and count how many WT units are selling betw 13xx to 15xx. It is 88 units. The rest (800 over units) are sold betw 9xx to 12xxpsf. (Not forgetting we have furniture and stamp duty rebate etc, the psf could be lower) Not sure why pple keep shouting WT selling at 16xxpsf where most probably only less than 5 units sold at that price.

While I agree with teddy saying that u r a big liar who twist and turn, I think u r just pure stupid and ignorant.
Don't assume pple bought without doing any research. We did more homework than u.

Common don't cherry pick the 900k is in 2014. times have and correct situation have changed so much. asking price are also down. the property guru reflect the current sentiment thus asking price. and the guy asking rental at $2400 likely bought the place from developer with a much lower PSF.

So don't be ANAL.

What make u think the guy renting out the unit at 2400 bought at 900K psf coz the last resale was 900K . while you take the psf of WT buyer which is direct develop purchased price. HOW ANAL ARE YOU trying to fudge the facts to make WT look good? so u feel better on a crap buy?

Coralis no MRT? it have all the direct bus to town. 20min u will be on shenton door step. and MRT is going to be right infront of Coralis. Can you say the same for WT? I take bus at Coralis to Shenton way also faster if not same time as the person take MRT from WT!!! LOL. how delusion can u get!

yeah u agree with Teddy the liar coz apparently birds of same feather fly together. but anyway its ok your investment is crap but if it make u feel better to be delusional I guess its ok.

CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Resale 1 2,000,000 - 1,281 Strata 16 to 20 1,561 Apr-15
CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Sub Sale 1 900,000 - 495 Strata 11 to 15 1,818 Mar-14

Xan
20-01-16, 02:15
R
Common don't cherry pick the 900k is in 2014. times have and correct situation have changed so much. asking price are also down. the property guru reflect the current sentiment thus asking price. and the guy asking rental at $2400 likely bought the place from developer with a much lower PSF.

So don't be ANAL.

What make u think the guy renting out the unit at 2400 bought at 900K psf coz the last resale was 900K . while you take the psf of WT buyer which is direct develop purchased price. HOW ANAL ARE YOU trying to fudge the facts to make WT look good? so u feel better on a crap buy?

Coralis no MRT? it have all the direct bus to town. 20min u will be on shenton door step. and MRT is going to be right infront of Coralis. Can you say the same for WT? I take bus at Coralis to Shenton way also faster if not same time as the person take MRT from WT!!! LOL. how delusion can u get!

yeah u agree with Teddy the liar coz apparently birds of same feather fly together. but anyway its ok your investment is crap but if it make u feel better to be delusional I guess its ok.

CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Resale 1 2,000,000 - 1,281 Strata 16 to 20 1,561 Apr-15
CORALIS JOO CHIAT ROAD Condominium 15 RCR Freehold Sub Sale 1 900,000 - 495 Strata 11 to 15 1,818 Mar-14

Haha, now u finally slap yourself again by saying that the guy who bought coralis might be from developer sale and could be much lower so that he can rent out at $2400. How about quoting someone who bought in 1980s at 1980s' price and no matter wat, his rental yield will always hit 10% or above and will always be a winner?
Probably that's the reason why loser like you would use Tanjong Ria, a 23 year old condo to compare with WT so that no matter wat, Tanjong Ria developer price (back in year 1993) will always be much more attractive than WT.
so now you finally understand that you can't compare two condos of different era right?

See what I mean? U are the biggest loser here who brought up coralis and Tanjong Ria for comparison but can't accept its recent transact price, so u try to quote the past developer price for comparison. Anyway, Since 2013 to 2015, coralis 1 bedders have been hovering around 900k. Not sure who is the biggest liar here?

So now you know why the pple here are trying to educate you how to make sensible comparison.

Xan
20-01-16, 02:29
LOL then if that is the analogy then no project can be compared. There is nothing to compared at all. But the comparison should be base on rentability, the amenities not just in building but ard as a whole. so all this hype that WT so special etc. is BS. coz I echo your pt there are other project where there are more amenities that are at the door step ( might not be in the build ) but its basically near by. And as a investment that are the factors coz it affect rentability.

Miss the boat ? LOL I think there are better boats. ;) why Would I even consider north park not worth the value. pay such premium just becoz its a integrated project. no pt.

Don't say I look down on you la, you are still living in the past and no matter what, everything to u at current is BS. Because u can only afford things in the past. Lol
Even got better boats, do u hv the balls, guts and the finance to ride? I seriously doubt so. I see u more like grouchy keyboard warriors criticising the whole world.

samhsm
20-01-16, 07:06

Sorry Bro, no offence. There are contradictions from what you written. You seems to have no foresight of the potential of a project but focusing on the current. The potential of a project, meaning it's like a green fruit waiting to be ripen so as to harvest to make profit. If the purchase a fruit that it's already ripe , it may being waiting to rot unless you think there are rooms to ripe further or make into a by product... E.g enbloc. No point continuing this discussion.

alfanutz
20-01-16, 08:36
it have to look at the whole area the condo is in. if not every condo will be different. coz even u compare WT with Bedok Residence there will be different that some say different value i.e number of tenant, Waterfront , close to East side , distance to town, distant to airport etc. so it will never be the same if that is the case even for mix development. Then wats the measurement ?

Here's how I do my comparison.

I will always look at what's available in the same area to do a comparison but if not possible, then you have to go out of the area and compare development with same attributes. In Punggol, there are a total of 13 condos (5 private and 8 executive). If we look at PC within Punggol, A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros has very similar attributes as they are both very close to MRT. So if I am buying a PC in Punggol, I will compare these two as they are the closest.

However for mixed development like Watertown, there's nothing within Punggol that you can compare with and in fact, mixed development integrated with transport node is quite rare in Singapore. Out of a total of 2300+ condos (including old apartments as well, counted from list provide by URA website), you only find a handful of them which a few of us has listed down. Within an area, you won't find two mixed development integrated with transport node as I doubt you can build two condo ontop or directly linked to MRT (could be government policy, not sure) ? We may have a fair comparison in time to come, as there might be another mixed development coming up on the open space beside Punggol MRT as according to the latest 2014 masterplan, that area is zoned "commercial & residential".

If I really have to compare Watertown within Punggol area, then A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros will be the closest as both are also PC and near transport node. Latest caveat for ATT ranges from $1018 - $1149 psf. The lowest psf of $1018 is actually direct sales from developer, the rest being resale. For Parc Centros, there's been only one subsale back in Aug 2014 for $1111 psf. Paying a $100 psf premium over these two condo for Watertown is reasonable so we will arrive at $12xx psf for WT.

If you were to compare WT with Yew Tee Residence or Compass Height, it will be acceptable. But you compare it with Sunhaven and Coralis and these just isn't in the same category. I think the problem is that you are looking at it purely from a Price and ROI perspective. If I am a investor, I will agree with your approach. To you, WT is nothing special and doesn't deserve the hype or the psf it commands, but to others that bought it (esp for own stay), they like it and find it special.

Many of us here agree that anyone paying high psf for WT hoping to make a quick buck or expecting good rental yield will most likely be disappointed. In this respect, I think you can agree as well ?

thomastansb
20-01-16, 09:08
I fully agree with you :)

Depends on the buyers also one la. Not everyone can afford Coralis. The same can be said for Coralis owners also. Pay 1.8 psf, might as well buy Shenton way at 2.2k psf. Then we can say to those Shenton way owners, pay 2.2k psf, might as well pay 2.5k for D9. Never ending one.

WT was never marketed as a near city project anyway. So I think most of the buyers know what they are getting into. Of course, excluding those who buy > 1.5k psf. You are getting into shit. lol. Just being frank here.

I will always look at what's available in the same area to do a comparison but if not possible, then you have to go out of the area and compare development with same attributes. In Punggol, there are a total of 13 condos (5 private and 8 executive). If we look at PC within Punggol, A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros has very similar attributes as they are both very close to MRT. So if I am buying a PC in Punggol, I will compare these two as they are the closest.

However for mixed development like Watertown, there's nothing within Punggol that you can compare with and in fact, mixed development integrated with transport node is quite rare in Singapore. Out of a total of 2300+ condos (including old apartments as well, counted from list provide by URA website), you only find a handful of them which a few of us has listed down. Within an area, you won't find two mixed development integrated with transport node as I doubt you can build two condo ontop or directly linked to MRT (could be government policy, not sure) ? We may have a fair comparison in time to come, as there might be another mixed development coming up on the open space beside Punggol MRT as according to the latest 2014 masterplan, that area is zoned "commercial & residential".

If I really have to compare Watertown within Punggol area, then A Treasure Trove and Parc Centros will be the closest as both are also PC and near transport node. Latest caveat for ATT ranges from $1018 - $1149 psf. The lowest psf of $1018 is actually direct sales from developer, the rest being resale. For Parc Centros, there's been only one subsale back in Aug 2014 for $1111 psf. Paying a $100 psf premium over these two condo for Watertown is reasonable so we will arrive at $12xx psf for WT.

If you were to compare WT with Yew Tee Residence or Compass Height, it will be acceptable. But you compare it with Sunhaven and Coralis and these just isn't in the same category. I think the problem is that you are looking at it purely from a Price and ROI perspective. If I am a investor, I will agree with your approach. To you, WT is nothing special and doesn't deserve the hype or the psf it commands, but to others that bought it (esp for own stay), they like it and find it special.

Many of us here agree that anyone paying high psf for WT hoping to make a quick buck or expecting good rental yield will most likely be disappointed. In this respect, I think you can agree as well ?

alfanutz
20-01-16, 09:20
I fully agree with you :)

Depends on the buyers also one la. Not everyone can afford Coralis. The same can be said for Coralis owners also. Pay 1.8 psf, might as well buy Shenton way at 2.2k psf. Then we can say to those Shenton way owners, pay 2.2k psf, might as well pay 2.5k for D9. Never ending one.

WT was never marketed as a near city project anyway. So I think most of the buyers know what they are getting into. Of course, excluding those who buy > 1.5k psf. You are getting into shit. lol. Just being frank here.

Ha ha, you know what they say about heroes thinking alike right ?

Yes, buying WT is buying into a lifestyle. I was attracted to the fact that it is connected to the waterway (though many say it is glorified longkang, but I find it very nice) and it has amenities. I like the fact that the units facing the waterway will have unobstructed view as it is facing a green lung area and likely to be so for a long time.

Proximity to the city has never been a priority for me as my office isn't in the city anyway and nowadays, the city area mainly for foreigners and expats.

samhsm
20-01-16, 09:28
Actually I am not a investor. Thank you for the constructive comments. I do Stay in the north eastern region for almost 18 years and I witnessed the transformation of Sengkang & Punggol by the Government. As it is inconvenience place as many would have think. Hence the New HDB here is affortable. Of course, when it was on the resale market, the seller still make profit but of course it is still lower than the overall HDB housing market. I do agree that Punggol is not well received by many Singaporean as it is deemed to be far , ulu, no or less amenities...etc. and with the slow down in economy currently the transacted psf for WT is above $1200. That's to me is quite good already.But what if all these negativism of Punggol is removed in future as of similar town in the past like Bishan, AMK...etc. Will there room to grow? Nobody knows. But what I know , there alway new thing year after years in the north east. Since Punggol transformation is not complete yet, what will be the ending or will there be a ending? ... I don't know. But what I know , it has a long way to grow . For example , another MRT station is yet to be built. As for rental, it very reasonable to compare to ATT, if I am a tenant, which one I chose to rent ? If WT rental is equivalent to ATT, the ATT rental will be affected and lower. That's my opinion.

thomastansb
20-01-16, 09:55
Haha. If you buy 1.2k psf and you expect 1.2k psf kind of location, finishings etc, then I think you will be fine. You will be happier in life also. But if you want to pay 1.2k psf and expect Coralis, then you will forever be unhappy. Never ending. Even if you managed to buy Coralis, you will start to think Orchard is better. Then it will make your life so miserable. If everyone has the money, who don't want to stay in Orchard right? Maybe a small handful don't want but most of us want. But Orchard has a price. So, to each his own. But doesn't mean you go in blindly. I saw a few below 1k psf. I think those are really solid buys.

Bottom line IMO:-

Below 1k psf - Superb deal
1 to 1.1k psf - Good deal
1.1k to 1.3k psf - Not too cheap but not too ex either
1.3 to 1.4 psf - You must really like that place
1.4 to 1.6k psf - Take care
> 1.6k psf - Next time, buy with your eyes open. Take it as a lesson learnt. lol.

Ha ha, you know what they say about heroes thinking alike right ?

Yes, buying WT is buying into a lifestyle. I was attracted to the fact that it is connected to the waterway (though many say it is glorified longkang, but I find it very nice) and it has amenities. I like the fact that the units facing the waterway will have unobstructed view as it is facing a green lung area and likely to be so for a long time.

Proximity to the city has never been a priority for me as my office isn't in the city anyway and nowadays, the city area mainly for foreigners and expats.

alfanutz
20-01-16, 10:08

> 1.6k psf - Next time, buy with your eyes open. Take it as a lesson learnt. lol.

I really like this classification you have come up with ! Very good !

alfanutz
20-01-16, 10:39
Actually I am not a investor. Thank you for the constructive comments. I do Stay in the north eastern region for almost 18 years and I witnessed the transformation of Sengkang & Punggol by the Government. As it is inconvenience place as many would have think. Hence the New HDB here is affortable. Of course, when it was on the resale market, the seller still make profit but of course it is still lower than the overall HDB housing market. I do agree that Punggol is not well received by many Singaporean as it is deemed to be far , ulu, no or less amenities...etc. and with the slow down in economy currently the transacted psf for WT is above $1200. That's to me is quite good already.But what if all these negativism of Punggol is removed in future as of similar town in the past like Bishan, AMK...etc. Will there room to grow? Nobody knows. But what I know , there alway new thing year after years in the north east. Since Punggol transformation is not complete yet, what will be the ending or will there be a ending? ... I don't know. But what I know , it has a long way to grow . For example , another MRT station is yet to be built. As for rental, it very reasonable to compare to ATT, if I am a tenant, which one I chose to rent ? If WT rental is equivalent to ATT, the ATT rental will be affected and lower. That's my opinion.

Punggol had a slow start but if there's anything I have learnt, it is that our government can always make an area desirable if they want to.

From the last few years, we can see government putting in alot of money and resources to transform Punggol. I reckon by 2020, the whole area will be very different with the sports centre, town hub, SIT campus and a few of the new neighbourhood centre up and running.

The upcoming amenities are great but won't make a place vibrant and desirable. The game changer to me is the SIT campus and business park.

I don't think there's any place in Singapore that has a university campus integrated with business park and both within residential area ?

Ilikeu
20-01-16, 10:42
Very nice illustration, which i agree.
Would be curious to know what is Minority classification like?

Below 1k psf - ??
1 to 1.1k psf - ??
1.1k to 1.3k psf - ??
1.3 to 1.4 psf - ??
1.4 to 1.6k psf - ??
> 1.6k psf - ??

Haha. If you buy 1.2k psf and you expect 1.2k psf kind of location, finishings etc, then I think you will be fine. You will be happier in life also. But if you want to pay 1.2k psf and expect Coralis, then you will forever be unhappy. Never ending. Even if you managed to buy Coralis, you will start to think Orchard is better. Then it will make your life so miserable. If everyone has the money, who don't want to stay in Orchard right? Maybe a small handful don't want but most of us want. But Orchard has a price. So, to each his own. But doesn't mean you go in blindly. I saw a few below 1k psf. I think those are really solid buys.

thomastansb
20-01-16, 15:56
Minority is ok one. Maybe a bit too extreme in airing his view but ok one.

Actually, property is all about pricing. Even the worst location, the worst condo, sell you 200 psf, you want or not? Take lah. LOL.

Very nice illustration, which i agree.
Would be curious to know what is Minority classification like?

Below 1k psf - ??
1 to 1.1k psf - ??
1.1k to 1.3k psf - ??
1.3 to 1.4 psf - ??
1.4 to 1.6k psf - ??
> 1.6k psf - ??

minority
21-01-16, 08:42
Sorry Bro, no offence. There are contradictions from what you written. You seems to have no foresight of the potential of a project but focusing on the current. The potential of a project, meaning it's like a green fruit waiting to be ripen so as to harvest to make profit. If the purchase a fruit that it's already ripe , it may being waiting to rot unless you think there are rooms to ripe further or make into a by product... E.g enbloc. No point continuing this discussion.

LOL if not focus on now then wats the future? Now is a represent of the future. If like ur argument then the whole singapore are potential ? Coz Whole Singapore sure have future! and sure will RIPE just have to wait. maybe 10 ,20,30,40,50,100 yrs. Sure ripe one. the better areas will be even more RIPE?

minority
21-01-16, 08:46

Here another one for u. Pacif Mansion. 1,178 psf FH!! right in town . 10min walk to Orchard road. all the malls you can get . MRT everything also have. can eat original ya koon everyday.

How is that bang for bucks?

14 SEP 2015 32 RIVER VALLEY CLOSE #XX-XX 1,528 1,178

minority
21-01-16, 08:54

hmm actually in the NE or in that area there are other place that is like water town Compass height so WT is not unique in that area if you ask me. unique PSF.. perhaps that I will agree.

To me amenities are ard the property it don't have to be right under the property. having a limited amount of amenities right under a property and saying that special and the other properties who have way more amenities surrounding it at comparable PSF are lesser frankly don't make sense. I rather be the fish in a big pond with limitless possibility than just a big fish in a small pond. if u get what I am saying.

Ilikeu
21-01-16, 09:52
TOP in 1976? Older than u? 4th ownership transfer liao.
Yes, all of us should have bought that unit in 2007 when it was at $566psf.

Address: 32,RIVER VALLEY CLOSE,#19-32ContractDate Amount UnitPrice AreaSqm PSF Sale Type Tenure
14-Sep-2015 $1,800,000 12676 142 1178 Resale Freehold
1-Mar-2007 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale Freehold
1-Mar-2001 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale APT - Freehold
28-Jul-1997 $936,000 6592 142 612 Resale Freehold

Here another one for u. Pacif Mansion. 1,178 psf FH!! right in town . 10min walk to Orchard road. all the malls you can get . MRT everything also have. can eat original ya koon everyday.

alfanutz
21-01-16, 10:28
hmm actually in the NE or in that area there are other place that is like water town Compass height so WT is not unique in that area if you ask me. unique PSF.. perhaps that I will agree.

I never said Watertown is unique and in fact I compared Watertown to Compass Heights and Yew Tee Residences. These two are mixed development integrated with transport node which are transacting at lower price than Watertown.

My argument is that you shouldn't compare WT with Sunhaven or Coralis but you pretty much agree with me as you used Compass Heights as comparison.

thomastansb
21-01-16, 11:55
Ya... But then again, most people want new things. So not really a good comparison. One haven't gotten keys. One is older than me. lol. 40 years old liao, friend.

NO_7
21-01-16, 12:54
USP about Watertown is less walking for the entire family with amenities at the door step, no car no worries.
From kids to old folks, from outdoor to indoor.
Walk from MRT is just under 5min, whether is hot day afternoon or heavy rain after work, no worry unless MRT breakdown.
MRT back home from town can be boring, but NE Line does serves many malls including those in CL, CNY is coming and Chinatown shopping is so convenient from station to station, no need to walk so far like NEL to circle line.
Many complaint in FB that WWP don't have Popular book store, MOS burger, BK, LJS or whatever, to me is just train down to the next station or the next next station to get what I need, no sweat no umbrella, just a EZ link card, a CC and some cash.
Cycling lover like me will go for a ride in a cooling night along the waterway after dinner, now my place is far from the park connector so it a long way for me to get there.
10min drive to Ikea is another plus point, that's my favourite place in my spare time, free parking somemore.
It may be far from town, MRT is there and it's quite fast, with less walking distance and no inter transfer like taking LRT, it's actually does helps a lot for old folk like me.
Buyer like me have no complaint, this fish has no more bone to pick liao.

minority
21-01-16, 12:58
I never said Watertown is unique and in fact I compared Watertown to Compass Heights and Yew Tee Residences. These two are mixed development integrated with transport node which are transacting at lower price than Watertown.

My argument is that you shouldn't compare WT with Sunhaven or Coralis but you pretty much agree with me as you used Compass Heights as comparison.

I compare property but I dont classify them if they are integrated or not. what matters is the amenities inside or outside and the locations. Look at it as a whole.

thomastansb
21-01-16, 13:27
Relax la.

Some like sea view. Some like MRT. Some hate MRT (6th ave). Some like quietness and so they buy Sentosa. 3k psf also they pay. All these individual preference one leh.

As I said, if you like convenience, don't mind travelling, don't mind staying at a ulu place, have limited budget, then WT seems ok at REASONABLE price. To each his own. I think the amenities are fine since the mall is below. Location not that great but the MRT below bridge that distance vs time. You stay Coralis, go Plaza Sing also take 20 - 30 mins right? You stay WT, maybe 30-35? I don't know. Just guessing here. I know MRT more predictable travelling time. So going to city is not really that much of a difference. Even you stay in a ulu part of Orchard, take a feeder bus out, already 20 mins including waiting time if you are lucky. Not say Orchard no good. If I drive a car, don't mind older condo, then of course I buy 1.1k psf. But Orchard condo so big, even at 1.2k psf, most people are out of reach. The example you quoted, even at 1178psf, quantum is 1.8M ! I don't think many people can cough out 23% of 1.8M and still continue to pay 5k a month to the bank.

I compare property but I dont classify them if they are integrated or not. what matters is the amenities inside or outside and the locations. Look at it as a whole.

samhsm
21-01-16, 13:45
Condo from almost all corners of Singapore has been brought in to compare the WT/ NE region. Don't know why? If buyers are happy to pay the amount for OCR that is equivalent to prices in CCR ...why not...let the market decide lah...any concern ? To me, the likes and dislikes to where to lives in Singapore is very personal. Some people likes the east some likes the west and of course the north east. It's depend on the area that you wanted to reside that you feel comfortable, at home, amenities friendly environment...etc. Compare here ...compare there ...compare Coconut to peanut ...no point... if people willing to pay $1600 psf for WT, he must have like it very much or he see something that we don't. Anyway It's not my money, I can lives with it.

alfanutz
21-01-16, 15:31
USP about Watertown is less walking for the entire family with amenities at the door step, no car no worries.
From kids to old folks, from outdoor to indoor.
Walk from MRT is just under 5min, whether is hot day afternoon or heavy rain after work, no worry unless MRT breakdown.
MRT back home from town can be boring, but NE Line does serves many malls including those in CL, CNY is coming and Chinatown shopping is so convenient from station to station, no need to walk so far like NEL to circle line.
Many complaint in FB that WWP don't have Popular book store, MOS burger, BK, LJS or whatever, to me is just train down to the next station or the next next station to get what I need, no sweat no umbrella, just a EZ link card, a CC and some cash.
Cycling lover like me will go for a ride in a cooling night along the waterway after dinner, now my place is far from the park connector so it a long way for me to get there.
10min drive to Ikea is another plus point, that's my favourite place in my spare time, free parking somemore.
It may be far from town, MRT is there and it's quite fast, with less walking distance and no inter transfer like taking LRT, it's actually does helps a lot for old folk like me.
Buyer like me have no complaint, this fish has no more bone to pick liao.

You must be eagerly anticipating the TOP of Watertown ?

I love cycling as well, use to join some of the cycling group and clock more than 100km weekly. Maybe next time we can cycle together :)

Anyway, I am wondering how to get from Watertown to the waterway ? The resident's lift goes to 1st floor and I guess need to carry the bike through the boardwalk to the waterway ?

minority
21-01-16, 15:43
TOP in 1976? Older than u? 4th ownership transfer liao.
Yes, all of us should have bought that unit in 2007 when it was at $566psf.

Address: 32,RIVER VALLEY CLOSE,#19-32ContractDate Amount UnitPrice AreaSqm PSF Sale Type Tenure
14-Sep-2015 $1,800,000 12676 142 1178 Resale Freehold
1-Mar-2007 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale Freehold
1-Mar-2001 $865,000 6092 142 566 Resale APT - Freehold
28-Jul-1997 $936,000 6592 142 612 Resale Freehold

why just say 2007? why not look back into 1980?

minority
21-01-16, 15:44
Ya... But then again, most people want new things. So not really a good comparison. One haven't gotten keys. One is older than me. lol. 40 years old liao, friend.

Well one location is so prime. can end bloc ?

Ilikeu
21-01-16, 16:13
yes you should if you want more "bang for bucks" as you described.

why just say 2007? why not look back into 1980?

minority
21-01-16, 17:19
yes you should if you want more "bang for bucks" as you described.

like that i suggest 1970

Ilikeu
21-01-16, 19:17
yes, as you wish. You should choose an even older condo to compare. Why only choose Pacific Mansion TOP in 1976 which is like 40 years young only? Choose older one lah, you can get more "bang for bucks" until u feel even more shiok shiok when u compare to WT.

like that i suggest 1970

beepbeep
21-01-16, 19:27
Completed in 1974, Beverly Mai is commonly known as Singapore’s first condominium. Built at the cost of S$4 million, the 28-storey tower at Tomlinson Road had a site area of 7,230 sq m and was designed by Timothy Seow & Partners (now known as ids studio). It is one of the earliest high-rise luxury apartments in Singapore and was developed along Seow’s pioneering concept of “bungalows in the-air”. The condominium is the first private residential project to incorporate maisonettes in apartment blocks and apartment units without party walls. It is also among the first to introduce the practice of shared facilities such as the swimming pool and other recreational amenities – features commonly found in condominiums today.

The urban landscape of Singapore in the 1960s was dominated by slab block public housing for the masses and landed dwellings for the affluent. Seow saw a demand for upmarket apartments, which would provide the space and privacy of a bungalow in land scarce Singapore without the prohibitive prices of landed property. He tested his “bungalows in the-air” concept on Maxima Apartments (now known as The Belmont), the precursor of Beverly Mai. The tower block, developed on his parents’ property, had only one unit on each floor that was served by two lifts and a common swimming pool. Henry Kwee, the founder of Pontiac Land, was impressed with Seow’s concept and appointed him as the architect of Beverly Mai.

Several of Seow’s early condominium projects such as Beverly Mai and Futura were inspired by English architect Denys Lasdun’s Keeling House maisonettes at Bethnal Green, East London, England. Beverly Mai had 48 maisonettes – four units on each floor – two deluxe apartments and two penthouses that were joined by a central service core and served by two lifts – a private lift for residents and a back lift for visitors. To maximise privacy, each unit was designed with split levels to segregate the private bedroom spaces on the second floor from the living and dining rooms below. Each unit also had a large balcony that functioned as a garden in the sky. Another key architectural feature of Beverly Mai was its “floating” entrance lobby, which separated the driveway for vehicles and pedestrians. The project also introduced shared recreational facilities such as a swimming pool, barbecue pits and terraces.

The condominium, which cost between S$141,000 and $162,000 an apartment in 1970, was sold through a collective sale to Hotel Properties Ltd for S$238 million in 2006. The threat of collective sales and the demolition of Beverly Mai and other early modern architecture built by local architects in post-war Singapore prompted the call to preserve Singapore’s built heritage.

NO_7
21-01-16, 23:38
You must be eagerly anticipating the TOP of Watertown ?

I love cycling as well, use to join some of the cycling group and clock more than 100km weekly. Maybe next time we can cycle together :)

Anyway, I am wondering how to get from Watertown to the waterway ? The resident's lift goes to 1st floor and I guess need to carry the bike through the boardwalk to the waterway ?

I cycle slow like tortoise, not as hardcore like you.

There might be other way lead to the waterway without going through much steps, need to explore once TOP.

alfanutz
22-01-16, 06:37
I cycle slow like tortoise, not as hardcore like you.

There might be other way lead to the waterway without going through much steps, need to explore once TOP.

Ha ha, those kind of cycling is only done on the road and not at places like the waterway.

So far, from my recce of the area other than going by the boardwalk, there's a lift under tower 11 (near the bridge) that goes to the waterway.

Maybe once the town centre beside Watertown is completed, there might be a way down to the waterway, will have to wait and see.