PDA

View Full Version : Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

ulrich76
14-03-12, 12:10
I really doubt WH's project will be very much lower in price than WT/ATT. Probably around ATT level but not significantly lower. There's no need to compete for price now since both projects are almost sold out.

Wee Hur may have gotten the land cheap but does not mean they have to lelong. ATT and Watertown both almost sold out. My guess is it will match current Luxurie pricing

2BR 780sqft - $800k up
3BR 1050sqft - $1.05m up

price
14-03-12, 13:45
Wee Hur may have gotten the land cheap but does not mean they have to lelong. ATT and Watertown both almost sold out. My guess is it will match current Luxurie pricing

2BR 780sqft - $800k up
3BR 1050sqft - $1.05m up

yep yep agreed

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 14:03
government is doing the right thing to have BTO along the waterway instead of private condo. those BTO will be a keeper. Sure can command high rental in future.

is there any public sports facilities, like swimming pool, football field etc

It was reported that "SAFRA plans to develop its sixth club in the Punggol area by 2015 to better serve NSmen living in the northeastern part of Singapore as part of the exciting Punggol 21 Plus Masterplan. Punggol is the fastest growing new town and many young families are just moving in. Young families mean many NSmen. That is why we are building a SAFRA club there. We can expect to begin construction by 2013, subject to residential population build up."

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 14:48

2BR 780sqft - $800k up
3BR 1050sqft - $1.05m up

If they match Luxurie and out-sold Luxurie (again), Luxurie will be really upset....

At $1.05m upwards, it will be between ATT and WT pricing...

ulrich76
14-03-12, 15:04
If they match Luxurie and out-sold Luxurie (again), Luxurie will be really upset....

At $1.05m upwards, it will be between ATT and WT pricing...

If they are aggressive, they can just sell at $50psf lower than WT, maybe throw in marble flooring. Its just a small street across, no big deal

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 15:14
If they are aggressive, they can just sell at $50psf lower than WT, maybe throw in marble flooring. Its just a small street across, no big deal

$50psf lower to what level of pricing of WT? I understand WT pricing is really wide.

Xan
14-03-12, 16:45
$50psf lower to what level of pricing of WT? I understand WT pricing is really wide.

Dunno why keep having same feeling wee hur will priced the same as ATT.
But it also depend whether wee hur got launch one bedder or not.

price
14-03-12, 16:55
Depends on their room types and mix.

devilplate
14-03-12, 17:00
no 1bdr nvm...can compare 2bdr pricing

i guess priced in between ATT and WT....10xxpsf on average bah

Xan
14-03-12, 17:17
no 1bdr nvm...can compare 2bdr pricing

i guess priced in between ATT and WT....10xxpsf on average bah

If they don't play punk and since they bid the land low low, there's a possibility they would price similar or even lower than ATT and clear their units fast. That would make WT buyers carrot head. Whahaha.
But no choice, sick and tired of waiting and i cannot regret. Lol :D
If turn back time, my decision still the same.

Ilikeu
14-03-12, 18:38

Me too........................

kane
14-03-12, 19:51
Go for 2 bedder at least, got less competition from all the watertown 1 bed plus can eventually target hdb upgraders.

chanel
14-03-12, 20:16
Wee Hur got the land cheap, whatever price they sell already make a pot of gold, be it $700, $800 or $900 psf. Gut feel it will be comparable to ATT and in order to be a sell-out, they should target not more than $900 and throw in quality finishes, luxurious appliances etc. to match WT standard. Preparing for showflats and scheduled to launch in June with wide range of units from min. of 1 bed to max. of 5 beds.

ulrich76
14-03-12, 20:45
If they don't play punk and since they bid the land low low, there's a possibility they would price similar or even lower than ATT and clear their units fast. That would make WT buyers carrot head. Whahaha.
But no choice, sick and tired of waiting and i cannot regret. Lol :D
If turn back time, my decision still the same.

Dun worry, if wee hur sell below ATT, they will be king carrot themselves

kane
14-03-12, 20:53
Dun worry, if wee hur sell below ATT, they will be king carrot themselves
So how to describe the buyers who feasted on the carrots?

ikan bilis
14-03-12, 20:54
So how to describe the buyers who feasted on the carrots?

rabbit?? bunny??..

Molotov
14-03-12, 21:47
I am keen to buy one in punggol, as mentioned by other - where and which project is worthy to look and consider now?

Thanks in advance.
Other than the Wee Hur project, there is one at Punggol Field Walk by Eng Seng Lee. Showflat almost ready. This is near the Chinese temple and @PUNGGOL.
Another site being hoarded is the intersection between Punggol Central and Edgedale. This is a project by Qing Jian. They are currently holding a Name-the-Condo contest in the papers.
These other two projects should be priced close to Wee Hur's.
Location wise Wee Hur's is relatively better due to its proximity to the MRT station.

Jadey
14-03-12, 22:20
Punggol is getting hot..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1189001/1/.html

Panerex77
17-03-12, 13:07
who is going down for the buffet thank-you-dinner today?

solsys
17-03-12, 13:35
Punggol is getting hot..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1189001/1/.html

You know what this reminds me of???

Lol, Bishan 15 years ago!.

Hot hot hot! then become Hot Potato in your hands!

chanel
17-03-12, 13:58
who is going down for the buffet thank-you-dinner today?

They are closing the SOHO showflat tonight as well. This evening may not be so crowded unlike the previous with long queques. Buyers have diminished, now left few Skypatio units which are not attracting big crowds.

minority
17-03-12, 14:47
Quick!!! Last chance to garb a last unit!!!! No more mrt , mall n river projects anymore!!!! Last call !!!! Chop Chop!!!!!!!!!

solsys
17-03-12, 17:35
I'm at punggol waterfront and just walked out from the Watertown showflat, not very impressed.

Was expecting more from the waterfront but so so only.

Integrated mall with mrt is good but the price doesn't justify.

The early birds got above average value, not too sure about the later buyers.

Overhyped but still it's the best upgrade choice for people who live in punggol. I still feel there are better choices if one is living in other parts of Singapore.

minority
17-03-12, 18:48
I'm at punggol waterfront and just walked out from the Watertown showflat, not very impressed.

Overhyped but still it's the best upgrade choice for people who live in punggol. I still feel there are better choices if one is living in other parts of Singapore.

Well pple have mall n mrt n river can liao!

teddybear
17-03-12, 21:08
Who knows? They may be sitting on gold mines, or a mountain of gold hidden by the Japanese during 2nd world war? The Japanese ever landed on Punggol and killed many people there. Could have buried the gold there as well? But beware that the gold may be mixed with the human bones.... :beats-me-man:

ysyap
17-03-12, 21:40
Who knows? They may be sitting on gold mines, or a mountain of gold hidden by the Japanese during 2nd world war? The Japanese ever landed on Punggol and killed many people there. Could have buried the gold there as well? But beware that the gold may be mixed with the human bones.... :beats-me-man:??? U v imaginative... a nicer story would be Punggol town will be the next Bishan where prices will hit ridiculous price so quick buy now... :spliff:

Xan
18-03-12, 18:35
Quick!!! Last chance to garb a last unit!!!! No more mrt , mall n river projects anymore!!!! Last call !!!! Chop Chop!!!!!!!!!

Y? U get whack at Mountbatten suites thread by others that's y come here take refuge? Lol :D

minority
19-03-12, 14:07
Y? U get whack at Mountbatten suites thread by others that's y come here take refuge? Lol :D

CHOP CHOP aka the sound of chopping carrots heads.

Xan
19-03-12, 20:54
CHOP CHOP aka the sound of chopping carrots heads.

Haha, speaking from your personal experience at the Mountbatten suites thread?

minority
19-03-12, 22:45
Haha, speaking from your personal experience at the Mountbatten suites thread?

just airing ur experience. Hows the tending at WT Carrot patch? more new carrots planted in ur farm?

Xan
20-03-12, 17:45
just airing ur experience. Hows the tending at WT Carrot patch? more new carrots planted in ur farm?

Can't be better. Shiok is the word... Haha.
Better than those standing outside the fence. Knows nothing but talk big.
Oops, I'm not referring u lah. No offense.
Heard u Kenna left right center at Mountbatten suites.
Must be painful. Lol :D

minority
20-03-12, 17:50
Can't be better. Shiok is the word... Haha.
Better than those standing outside the fence. Knows nothing but talk big.
Oops, I'm not referring u lah. No offense.
Heard u Kenna left right center at Mountbatten suites.
Must be painful. Lol :D

Hahah how's the carrots u got stuck up high in ur arse? Hurts I guess. Don't push so hard might get internal injury.

Xan
20-03-12, 17:54
Hahah how's the carrots u got stuck up high in ur arse? Hurts I guess. Don't push so hard might get internal injury.

The carrots taste good. Too bad u can't afford.
Too miserable standing outside the fence and resort to vulgarities?
Haha, poor thing, u lose it again. :D

minority
20-03-12, 17:55
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_XhXfHl9RPUJ79uXB9wZig1IlpP05IRzwwqBhb9NaV8tmSepb-w

Here u go. Go sit It.

Xan
20-03-12, 18:03
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_XhXfHl9RPUJ79uXB9wZig1IlpP05IRzwwqBhb9NaV8tmSepb-w

Here u go. Go sit It.

Now I know y u feel miserable.
Can't handle the truth.
Haha...:D

minority
20-03-12, 18:04
Now I know y u feel miserable.
Can't handle the truth.
Haha...:D

HAH HAH that's funny!!!! If it console u I think it's ok. Anything to help u ease the pain. Laughter best medicine ! Hah hah ROFL!!!!!!!

Xan
20-03-12, 18:06
HAH HAH that's funny!!!! If it console u I think it's ok. Anything to help u ease the pain. Laughter best medicine ! Hah hah ROFL!!!!!!!

I understand no money to buy anything is painful
This usually led to jealousy.
Hehe, no offense. :D

minority
20-03-12, 18:08
I understand no money to buy anything is painful
This usually led to jealousy.
Hehe, no offense. :D

Don't worry we understand ur regrets on $$$ spend on carrort farming. We understand . Hearts go out to u.

Xan
20-03-12, 18:11
Don't worry we understand ur regrets on $$$ spend on carrort farming. We understand . Hearts go out to u.

Why regret? Happily paid and lodge the caveat,
Unlike some pathetic soul still standing outside the fence trying his futile effort to throw stones at buyers. Very obvious, pure jealousy. Haha

minority
20-03-12, 18:16
Why regret? Happily paid and lodge the caveat,
Unlike some pathetic soul still standing outside the fence trying his futile effort to throw stones at buyers. Very obvious, pure jealousy. Haha

Jealous u have to eat carrot soup??. What a joke.

Xan
20-03-12, 18:18
Jealous u have to eat carrot soup??. What a joke.

Nothing to eat will turns a hungry man to a jealous man.
Must admit you are the biggest joke. Hehe :D

Juniper
20-03-12, 21:33

I was there last week to have a good at the project and also the surrounding area.

AFAIK, most buyer for the projects are for all the smaller size 1-2 bedder/soho unit, so I am sure it will be more of an investment than an upgrade for residence living in Punggol.

The FEO sales agent was telling me that for 1bedder, expected rental will be around 2.5-3K, which is >$5psf. I have my doubt if that is achievable.

minority
20-03-12, 22:17
I was there last week to have a good at the project and also the surrounding area.

AFAIK, most buyer for the projects are for all the smaller size 1-2 bedder/soho unit, so I am sure it will be more of an investment than an upgrade for residence living in Punggol.

The FEO sales agent was telling me that for 1bedder, expected rental will be around 2.5-3K, which is >$5psf. I have my doubt if that is achievable.

Cant trust what the agent tell u. Got to compare with the surrounding rent. Florida 3500 can rent a 1313sqf, park green 1300sqf rental 3500 too. There are 2bedders around too. Doibt the studio can get 3k pm

minority
20-03-12, 22:19
Nothing to eat will turns a hungry man to a jealous man.
Must admit you are the biggest joke. Hehe :D

Jealous? Like looking at some 1 eating crap. Tell them they dont believe

Xan
20-03-12, 23:02
Cant trust what the agent tell u. Got to compare with the surrounding rent. Florida 3500 can rent a 1313sqf, park green 1300sqf rental 3500 too. There are 2bedders around too. Doibt the studio can get 3k pm

Try to act smart and talk like a pro again?
Makes all wanna puke. Lol :D

Xan
20-03-12, 23:03
Words coming from our almighty mr minority are always minor, just like his knowledge and savings. :D

Molotov
20-03-12, 23:09

There is no need for u to believe what the agent said. He/she is no fortune teller, neither are u.
For your info a good number of suites/soho buyers are property agents (FEO agents/FEO staff aplenty) and bank staff (those at the showroom offering loan schemes). The bank staff are entitled to a 90% loan from their respective banks unconditionally. Many of them pooled money together to get a few units. These two groups of people have some common points:
1. They all had the privilege of being at the vvip preview and they gotthe best prices
2. They all believe WT is the most outstanding project in district 19 since a long long time
3. They will flip within 6 months from TOP expecting a gain of at least 30%- 40% (not much to many self proclaimed old birds here but it's a handsome sum to these young savvy people)

The 3- & 4-bedders buyers are a different group with a different agenda.
Of course u hv the usual suspects of investors who bought the smaller units to rent out. Their bet - Seletar Aerospace park, Changi airport, Flight stewardesses, Loyang industrial park and last but not least, the new Sengkang West Industrial area west of Jalan Kayu.

Despite such a motley mix of buyers, it seems that undoubtedly the common view is that WT with the malls and integrated MRT is a safe bet, nothwithstanding the bleak economic outlook ahead and Punggol being "ulu". Again only time will tell..
Yes, before u ask me in the next post, i am not an agent or bank staff or FEO staff.

Moo2010
21-03-12, 00:28
There is no need for u to believe what the agent said. He/she is no fortune teller, neither are u.
For your info a good number of suites/soho buyers are property agents (FEO agents/FEO staff aplenty) and bank staff (those at the showroom offering loan schemes). The bank staff are entitled to a 90% loan from their respective banks unconditionally. Many of them pooled money together to get a few units. These two groups of people have some common points:
1. They all had the privilege of being at the vvip preview and they gotthe best prices
2. They all believe WT is the most outstanding project in district 19 since a long long time
3. They will flip within 6 months from TOP expecting a gain of at least 30%- 40% (not much to many self proclaimed old birds here but it's a handsome sum to these young savvy people)

Of course u hv the usual suspects of investors who bought the smaller units to rent out. Their bet - Seletar Aerospace park, Changi airport, Flight stewardesses, Loyang industrial park and last but not least, the new Sengkang West Industrial area west of Jalan Kayu.

Despite such a motley mix of buyers, it seems that undoubtedly the common view is that WT with the malls and integrated MRT is a safe bet, nothwithstanding the bleak economic outlook ahead and Punggol being "ulu". Again only time will tell..
Yes, before u ask me in the next post, i am not an agent or bank staff or FEO staff.

When I was @ the show flat, the agent's attitude is like, if you want you buy lor, don't want also never mind because there are plenty of others who are waiting to buy and waiting to be served. I guess the sale result speaks it all.
Btw, how do you know all these insider's news?

DaytonaSS
21-03-12, 00:38
Well pple have mall n mrt n river can liao!

Sounds like reflections or carribean to me presents better version of that. There's even a newer 3rd plot coming up. Construction work seems to be moving.....

price
21-03-12, 09:07

30-40%? That means the 550k 1 bedroom suites (only during launch) are expected to sell for $715k-770k after TOP? If that is possible, what happens to the Condo 2 bedders and the rest of the other room types in WT? I'm not saying it's not possible, just astonished. Because for this to happen, all other developments and projects must have growth as well.

Look at Compass Heights, during bad times, the prices went below Launch Price after TOP.

If a 1 bedder in WT fetches 770k, we're talking about $1.46kpsf. CCR / OCR units must be transacting way above that level for this to happen. 1 Single project in punggol can't grow that much unless the overall market in Singapore is running hot as well. Yes an integrated project is rare and has its potential but for that potential to be realised, the entire property market in Singapore must raise in that much or near that 30-40% level.

Every project in the east and north east region (D19, 17 18 even 15 and 16) states selling points for "Seletar Aerospace park, Changi airport, Flight stewardesses, Loyang industrial park and last but not least, the new Sengkang West Industrial area west of Jalan Kayu" as stated by you.

I know many pilots and cabin crew ppl personally. Honestly, ask yourself how many of these employees will move to east just to be nearer to the airport? Even if they do, look around Punggol (not forgetting D15/16 MMs coming up). HUGE number of dual-key ECs will be built, and many PCs are already building up + going to be launched. How much premium in rental can you ask for? If your speaking from an investment view point, is your rental yield going to be that much higher for people who have paid for a lower quantum in other parts of Punggol?

However, I do agree that this is still a safe bet ONLY IF your investment horizon is really long. Which means if times are bad, what you said of those agents/ bankers or whatsoever who have pooled their money together must all be ready to hold on to their "shared investments" for up to 10 years. You may say i'm exaggerating but it already takes 5 years to build. 2017-2022 is not too far away. Are these young bankers or agents able to stick together as a grp with their monies stuck for that long?

Ilikeu
21-03-12, 09:36
The bank staff are entitled to a 90% loan from their respective banks unconditionally. .

I am surprised...

price
21-03-12, 09:53
I am surprised...

Me too actually. I know bank staff gets special rates but i doubt they can change something that the govt has a policy on?

devilplate
21-03-12, 10:00
Me too actually. I know bank staff gets special rates but i doubt they can change something that the govt has a policy on?
they package it differently la

still 80 or 60% LTV for them but den got extra staff loan etc la

last time when LTV is 90%, bank staff can get 95% lor......hmm got any 99% cases? wakakaka

price
21-03-12, 10:04
they package it differently la

still 80 or 60% LTV for them but den got extra staff loan etc la

last time when LTV is 90%, bank staff can get 95% lor......hmm got any 99% cases? wakakaka

Chey, then all this while as long as your a banker you can take personal loan 1 ma. Nothing new. Plus at very very Low interest!

99%!? 10k to buy 1mil property :scared-1:

Ilikeu
21-03-12, 10:14
Chey, then all this while as long as your a banker you can take personal loan 1 ma. Nothing new. Plus at very very Low interest!

99%!? 10k to buy 1mil property :scared-1:

The next cm should ban the banks to give such benefits to their staffs.

price
21-03-12, 10:20
The next cm should ban the banks to give such benefits to their staffs.

They can't ban personal loans. Maybe stricter rules. But hard to implement. Personal loans can be used for anything ma. Some bankers i know take loan to trade warrants.

Ilikeu
21-03-12, 10:27
They can't ban personal loans. Maybe stricter rules. But hard to implement. Personal loans can be used for anything ma. Some bankers i know take loan to trade warrants.

It may be hard to specify what the loan can be used for, but it is certainly easier to specify what the loan cannot be used for. No regulations by MAS (that I know of) is against borrowing to trade warrants/shares/margin, hence they can do that. But there is a clear regulation on 60/80% LTV, hence the loophole has to be looked into.

price
21-03-12, 10:32
It may be hard to specify what the loan can be used for, but it is certainly easier to specify what the loan cannot be used for. No regulations by MAS (that I know of) is against borrowing to trade warrants/shares/margin, hence they can do that. But there is a clear regulation on 60/80% LTV, hence the loophole has to be looked into.

We should get Khaw to read this :D

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 10:48
New international school in punggol? rental demand?

SINGAPORE: The government is offering four land parcels for use as foreign schools.

Three of the sites at Depot Road, Pasir Ris and Punggol have a lease period of 30 years, while an interim site at Bedok is available for use till December 31, 2015.

An inter-agency committee chaired by the Economic Development Board (EDB) is seeking proposals via a request-for-interest exercise.

The last such exercise was in 2010, when British international school Dulwich College was awarded a site in Bukit Batok.

The largest site on offer this time round is at Pasir Ris Drive 3 with an estimated land area of 5 hectares.

The Punggol Field Walk site is 3.75 hectares, while the Depot Road site is 1.74 hectares.

The interim site at 71 Chai Chee Street is 4.88 hectares.

EDB said demand for places in foreign schools has increased as international businesses grow their activities in Singapore.

The long-term land sites on offer will encourage foreign schools to invest in infrastructure and resources for high-quality education.

Schools are responding positively.

Both the Global Indian International School and Chinese International School in Singapore told Channel NewsAsia they are likely to register their interest for the sites.

Interested foreign school operators can submit their proposals to the EDB by July 2.

price
04-04-12, 11:02

SINGAPORE: The government is offering four land parcels for use as foreign schools.

Three of the sites at Depot Road, Pasir Ris and Punggol have a lease period of 30 years, while an interim site at Bedok is available for use till December 31, 2015.

An inter-agency committee chaired by the Economic Development Board (EDB) is seeking proposals via a request-for-interest exercise.

The last such exercise was in 2010, when British international school Dulwich College was awarded a site in Bukit Batok.

The largest site on offer this time round is at Pasir Ris Drive 3 with an estimated land area of 5 hectares.

The Punggol Field Walk site is 3.75 hectares, while the Depot Road site is 1.74 hectares.

EDB said demand for places in foreign schools has increased as international businesses grow their activities in Singapore.

The long-term land sites on offer will encourage foreign schools to invest in infrastructure and resources for high-quality education.

Both the Global Indian International School and Chinese International School in Singapore told Channel NewsAsia they are likely to register their interest for the sites.

Interested foreign school operators can submit their proposals to the EDB by July 2.

They're so many ECs and PCs coming up. Not to even mention the amount of new HDBs built in Seng kang and punggol in recent or coming years. Will merely an international school be creating enough demand for all the supply?

teddybear
04-04-12, 11:14
We are admiting so many lower-income foreigners that we need to build international schools in ulu ulu Punggol because that is where they can afford? :doh:
I know many banks now recruit Indians on pay of about $5-8k per month! Recruit them to steal jobs from local citizens? :tsk-tsk:
Time for govt to legislate no >$8k pm cannot employ these foreigners in Singapore! :simmering:

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 11:25
They're so many ECs and PCs coming up. Not to even mention the amount of new HDBs built in Seng kang and punggol in recent or coming years. Will merely an international school be creating enough demand for all the supply?

I don't have an answer... too many dynamics, such as profile of ppty there between own stay and investment, in the equation. One thing for certain, it will create demand for rental... whether or not if it is enough demand.

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 11:27
We are admiting so many lower-income foreigners that we need to build international schools in ulu ulu Punggol because that is where they can afford? :doh:

NTU in jalan bahar is also in a ulu ulu place...haha...

teddybear
04-04-12, 14:17
NTU setup to provide University education to rich foreigners or to provide cheap education to locals? for cheap locals must be ulu right? Otherwise might as well build all HDB flats in Marina Bay and ask all foreigners go live in Punggol? :o

NTU in jalan bahar is also in a ulu ulu place...haha...

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 14:56
NTU setup to provide University education to rich foreigners or to provide cheap education to locals? :o

Both: to rich foreigners (or on scholarships) and to locals.

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 15:02
for cheap locals must be ulu right? Otherwise might as well build all HDB flats in Marina Bay and ask all foreigners go live in Punggol? :o

SMU must (therefore) been setup (in dhoby ghaut) to provide University education to rich locals.

teddybear
04-04-12, 15:21
Many SMU graduates are rich kids you don't know? Results no good enough to go into NUS/NTU never mind, got SMU....... :beats-me-man:

SMU must (therefore) been setup (in dhoby ghaut) to provide University education to rich locals.

Ilikeu
04-04-12, 15:35
Many SMU graduates are rich kids you don't know? Results no good enough to go into NUS/NTU never mind, got SMU....... :beats-me-man:

NUS/NTU also have many students who are rich... similar to SMU.

rymccondo77
04-04-12, 17:37
There are a number of local students who prefer to go to SMU for their courses (e.g. in particular their business courses) rather than NUS/NTU, and their grades are very good (going into NUS/NTU would not be a problem for them).

beepbeep
05-04-12, 09:17
I know many banks now recruit Indians on pay of about $5-8k per month! Recruit them to steal jobs from local citizens? :tsk-tsk:
Time for govt to legislate no >$8k pm cannot employ these foreigners in Singapore! :simmering:

The foreign school may cater the needs of expats who work in Seletar Aerospace Hub in near future for the children education.

price
05-04-12, 10:03
The foreign school may cater the needs of expats who work in Seletar Aerospace Hub in near future for the children education.

Dude, foreign schools are not only built for foreigners -.- look at Curtin Uni, James Cook Uni etc. Don't get too happy about rental potential. How many of such students will rent an entire Condo apartment @ 2.5k? Mostly may rent the punggol HDB master bedroom or smth

Moo2010
05-04-12, 18:39
Funny. When something positive happens in punggol, sure got people pour cold water.

Poloclub
05-04-12, 19:20

Yes, if you want to target expat, must be decent size, preferably 3 to 4 bedders and a large balcony.

rymccondo77
05-04-12, 19:39
Dude, foreign schools are not only built for foreigners -.- look at Curtin Uni, James Cook Uni etc. Don't get too happy about rental potential. How many of such students will rent an entire Condo apartment @ 2.5k? Mostly may rent the punggol HDB master bedroom or smth

Dual key units in Punggol / Sengkang could be an alternative.

Molotov
06-04-12, 00:20
Funny. When something positive happens in punggol, sure got people pour cold water.
Only one sole reason : sour grapes

chanel
06-04-12, 12:46
Those who laugh 1st laugh last. Investing in properties regardless of location, has always been good investments where prices will escalate when it matures in 10 or 20 years later, due to scarce of land be it old nor new. Some buy old properties banging on enbloc sales, even if it drops due to bad economy, it will pick up easily after few years.
Look at few typical recent examples, old HUDC unit in Shunfu sold for $1.17M, HDB flat in Toa Payoh sold for $894,000 and these estates have no condo facilities. Probably buyers willing to pay for bigger size units which is difficult to come by these days when most are shoe-box units.
Prices of upcoming launches are ridiculously high in good locations. Cooling measures not working, next move no more on buyng PR.

Ringo33
09-04-12, 00:44
Those who laugh 1st laugh last. Investing in properties regardless of location, has always been good investments where prices will escalate when it matures in 10 or 20 years later, due to scarce of land be it old nor new. Some buy old properties banging on enbloc sales, even if it drops due to bad economy, it will pick up easily after few years.
Look at few typical recent examples, old HUDC unit in Shunfu sold for $1.17M, HDB flat in Toa Payoh sold for $894,000 and these estates have no condo facilities. Probably buyers willing to pay for bigger size units which is difficult to come by these days when most are shoe-box units.
Prices of upcoming launches are ridiculously high in good locations. Cooling measures not working, next move no more on buyng PR.

just like gambling or trading stocks, people only like to brag about their winnings and quietly sulk about losing.

Buying property is all about timing and not always a sure win if one doesnt have the holding power. When economy is good, employment is high, no problem every month got income, end of the year got bonus.

When economy turn south and retrenchment hits you, just make sure you have money to continue holding multiple properties for 6 to 9 months. During period like asia financial crisis, dotcom bubble, SARS or even the last financial crisis in 08, I do have some friends having property with their mortgage payment and were forced to sell their property at loses and then live to regret it when price recovers quickly 6 months later.

minority
09-04-12, 13:14

This is to bring people back to earth and not float into the clouds.

graveyard
09-04-12, 18:20

SMU has additional req like SAT and interview and its a misconception SMU students are less academically inclined than counterparts in NTU/NUS. Some just want to break off from the traditiional UK system for a change

Moo2010
09-04-12, 21:06
This is to bring people back to earth and not float into the clouds.

Quite obvious you must be one of the sour grapes like brother Molotov had mentioned.
Not vested in WT, just my opinion and :2cents:

price
09-04-12, 23:42
SMU has additional req like SAT and interview and its a misconception SMU students are less academically inclined than counterparts in NTU/NUS. Some just want to break off from the traditiional UK system for a change

i dunno which world is he from but he sounds like he's either been reading too much story books or he's in his own world. haha. if SMU got $ can get in, then dont need SIM and other private schools liao

minority
10-04-12, 01:18
Quite obvious you must be one of the sour grapes like brother Molotov had mentioned.
Not vested in WT, just my opinion and :2cents:

hah hah like that also sour grapes? hah hah hah.. sure if that makes u happy. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

GSLJ
10-04-12, 03:42
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/dead-man%E2%80%99s-body-found-in-punggol-river.html

A man was found dead in Punggol River on Monday morning.

Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call at 10.26am about a body found floating in the river.

When they arrived at the scene, the body of a Chinese male was seen floating four metres away from the river bank. The SCDF retrieved the body and pronounced the man dead.

graveyard
10-04-12, 13:04
i dunno which world is he from but he sounds like he's either been reading too much story books or he's in his own world. haha. if SMU got $ can get in, then dont need SIM and other private schools liao

ya lo. Smu may not be in the rank as ntu, nus in top MBA survey for e.g. but dats prob because its still relatively new and doesn’t qualify for the survey and it doesn’t mean one can get into smu easily. He/she juz needs to look at the median pay of SMU graduates to realize that they are on par if not better than nus/ntu grads. i wld have gone on further but this is not an education forum :D :D

Xan
10-04-12, 19:16
hah hah like that also sour grapes? hah hah hah.. sure if that makes u happy. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Whenever I see you in any forum, u sure end up quarrelling with others. Your life really that pathetic? If you are so critical abt things happening around you, you must have set very high standard for yourself. But unfortunately, how come you still behave like loser? I'm puzzled :doh:

Xan
10-04-12, 19:21
ya lo. Smu may not be in the rank as ntu, nus in top MBA survey for e.g. but dats prob because its still relatively new and doesn’t qualify for the survey and it doesn’t mean one can get into smu easily. He/she juz needs to look at the median pay of SMU graduates to realize that they are on par if not better than nus/ntu grads. i wld have gone on further but this is not an education forum :D :D
According to a survey, smu students usually can carry themselves better during a job interview compared to students from ntu or nus. Read somewhere frm news.

insigina
10-04-12, 19:28

SMU will not be ranked as it is a specialized U. But I know SMU students are also accepted by NUS/NTU with their A level results. Many chose SMU because it is in the city center and hence very convenient.

minority
10-04-12, 19:34
Whenever I see you in any forum, u sure end up quarrelling with others. Your life really that pathetic? If you are so critical abt things happening around you, you must have set very high standard for yourself. But unfortunately, how come you still behave like loser? I'm puzzled :doh:

When ever I see u I see a loser eating carrots.

Xan
10-04-12, 19:40
When ever I see u I see a loser eating carrots.

The feeling of standing outside the fence and watch others plant is indeed painful and sour.
I truly understand your frustrations. :D

minority
11-04-12, 00:04
The feeling of standing outside the fence and watch others plant is indeed painful and sour.
I truly understand your frustrations. :D

Yes it painful looking at u planting carrots from my rose garden.

graveyard
11-04-12, 12:48
SMU will not be ranked as it is a specialized U. But I know SMU students are also accepted by NUS/NTU with their A level results. Many chose SMU because it is in the city center and hence very convenient.

yes, dats why i chose SMU too despite having accepted into NTU. i live in east so going to NTU in far west is a pain. the only downside abt SMU is limited space (city psf much higher so space constraint) ..no decent place to do CCA .. so many have to train/practice along the underground corridor. Still this is a small price to pay for the convenience and SMU's strategic location.. esp when u have to go campus often

graveyard
11-04-12, 12:52
According to a survey, smu students usually can carry themselves better during a job interview compared to students from ntu or nus. Read somewhere frm news.

haha ..reminds me of the marketing campaign ..WE ARE DIFFERENT. but SMU's sales pitch kinda pays off .. its business faculty is catching up with the NUS,NTU business schools so gonna give these 2 run for their money

Laguna
11-04-12, 12:55
somehow, I find it hard to accept SMU than NTU
eg, SMU accountancy is a 4 years degree whereas NTU is a 3 years course.
what makes the difference as end result is about the same

price
11-04-12, 13:24
somehow, I find it hard to accept SMU than NTU
eg, SMU accountancy is a 4 years degree whereas NTU is a 3 years course.
what makes the difference as end result is about the same

Not entirely true. i used to think like you but i have a huge circle of friends who been to both and trust me, they are very different.

Xan
11-04-12, 18:42
Yes it painful looking at u planting carrots from my rose garden.

Ya lor, your pulau tekong residence bestest, 3500psf!

Xan
11-04-12, 18:46
SMU standard is getting better. The admission criteria has become more and more stringent.

solsys
11-04-12, 18:51
SMU standard is getting better. The admission criteria has become more and more stringent.

SMU sleep with banksters. Students from there think they are superior because of the relationship and marketing tie ups with banks.

Are they good? Not sure unless we remove all the packaging to evaluate.

graveyard
11-04-12, 20:59

Haaa ... u 2 are like tweety bird and pussy cat :rolleyes:

minority
12-04-12, 14:04

Well u never know 3rd Casino might be there!

Xan
12-04-12, 19:33
Well u never know 3rd Casino might be there!

Hahahahaha, you really make my day :D

propnexlaunches
14-05-12, 15:32
Hi All,

For those who are interested to know more about the New Launch by Wee Hur at Punggol, you can stay tuned to http://propnexlaunches.com/newlaunches/punggolweehur/

If you want more information to be sent to you immediately once they are released, register on the page!

Estimated pricing is only $850-950psf, much lower than Water Town.

Preview tentatively July.

Cheers!

Panerex77
24-07-12, 21:56
Anyone received a letter from far east to choose either porcelain or marble tiles?
However when I read the S&P, it also included the option of choosing granite.

Possible to raise a case on this?

Or am I missing out something?

yowetan
24-07-12, 21:58
Anyone received a letter from far east to choose either porcelain or marble tiles?
However when I read the S&P, it also included the option of choosing granite.

Possible to raise a case on this?

Or am I missing out something?

What is the difference between Porcelain and Marble tiles, in term of quality, price and appeal?

Panerex77
24-07-12, 23:00
What is the difference between Porcelain and Marble tiles, in term of quality, price and appeal?

Not sure , but my preferred choice is granite though

pineapple
25-07-12, 07:14
Not sure , but my preferred choice is granite though

Im also missing the granite option as well. Tot of granite too as its more hardy..
Are you going to redress this with FEO?

sying
25-07-12, 12:17
Im also missing the granite option as well. Tot of granite too as its more hardy..
Are you going to redress this with FEO?

Me too, granite is missing. Left marble n porcelain....any advice which one to take
? I got a 1+1 suite. The wardrobe in the study is optional.

Panerex77
25-07-12, 13:15
I called FEO on this.

The granite or marble or porcelain option as specified on the Building Specs in the S&P, infers to the options that FEO can choose to provide to buyers.

In my 2BR instance, FEO gave me the option to choose marble or porcelain.

I further checked, and it seems that only SOHO units are given the option of granite. Not sure if that is true.

And there is no option for me to top-up to get granite.

So i guess, LLST. No room to fight further.

So which is better?

I am inclined to have marble (beige colour - warm). But less easily to maintain over time, stain easily and the size of tiles is smaller.

For porcelain (white colour- cool), i always thought it would have been cheaper and less classy than marble. But the tile size is bigger and easier to maintain.

sying
25-07-12, 13:53
I called FEO on this.

The granite or marble or porcelain option as specified on the Building Specs in the S&P, infers to the options that FEO can choose to provide to buyers.

I further checked, and it seems that only SOHO units are given the option of granite. Not sure if that is true.

So which is better?

I am inclined to have marble (beige colour - warm). But less easily to maintain over time, stain easily and the size of tiles is smaller.

For porcelain (white colour- cool), i always thought it would have been cheaper and less classy than marble. But the tile size is bigger and easier to maintain.
At the showflat, somehow the marble looks different. There is gap/grout line between the tiles. I thought there shouldnt be gap between. Is that compress marble?

pineapple
25-07-12, 14:18
I called FEO on this.

So which is better?

that quite crappy . .. but anyway. .im going for the marble.. dont really like white tiles. also wonder if procelein will crack easier compared to marble..

Jorick
25-07-12, 14:22
I called FEO on this.

So which is better?

For SOHO can choose between 2 theme, "cool"- granite or "warm"-marble
For layout if choose to get enclose bed room then the floor will be timber

Xan
25-07-12, 19:33
I don't really care, I go for warm, the one with beige marble and opt for the wardrobe in study.
Too bad, Parc centro only porcelain, no marble.

pineapple
25-07-12, 23:20
I don't really care, I go for warm, the one with beige marble and opt for the wardrobe in study.
Too bad, Parc centro only porcelain, no marble.

ya marble is the "Safe" choice... not sure if u all notice.. the marbles shown in the 2BR condo showflat has some very mismatched tones tiles.. guess that the downside with marbles..

Panerex77
26-07-12, 08:06
ya marble is the "Safe" choice... not sure if u all notice.. the marbles shown in the 2BR condo showflat has some very mismatched tones tiles.. guess that the downside with marbles..

Why Safe choice? Because it is supposedly more expensive?

But what about the difficulty in maintenance and the smaller sized tiles?

I am still contemplating...

Xan
26-07-12, 13:20
I go for marble because it's more ex.
Anyway, I won't b styling there. :D

Panerex77
26-07-12, 13:23
I go for marble because it's more ex.
Anyway, I won't b styling there. :D

could FEO possibly cheap grade marble, but high grade porcelain?

anyone did such research before?

Xan
26-07-12, 13:38
could FEO possibly cheap grade marble, but high grade porcelain?

anyone did such research before?

Marble is usually 3x more ex than porcelain

permacy
27-07-12, 19:50
For SOHO can choose between 2 theme, "cool"- granite or "warm"-marble
For layout if choose to get enclose bed room then the floor will be timber

Any advise for "cool"- granite or "warm"-marble.,to select.

Xan
27-07-12, 20:11

Go for the more ex one and u nv go wrong :D

Komo
27-07-12, 21:06
got warm marble meh:p

Panerex77
28-07-12, 11:32
who is gng down to WT showroom for the 4-6pm event?

minority
28-07-12, 11:34
wah this project still alive?

Jorick
28-07-12, 11:42
It meant for theme selection and can't mix n match:
"Cool" will be white granite + mostly white cabinet , kitchen top etc. Overall will look white n brighter

"warm" is beige marble + mostly black/ timber Combination, feel "warm" in a sense.

Jorick
28-07-12, 11:44
who is gng down to WT showroom for the 4-6pm event?

What's the event today?

Panerex77
28-07-12, 12:40
What's the event today?

donoe too..received SMS from FEO...gng down to have a final look at showrooms bah.

in any case, plan to go down that area anyway as i want to go see see look look at Parc Centros..

sying
28-07-12, 18:48
donoe too..received SMS from FEO...gng down to have a final look at showrooms bah.

in any case, plan to go down that area anyway as i want to go see see look look at Parc Centros..
Hi,
What's the event, I didn't receive any SMS from them!

Thks

sying
28-07-12, 18:51

Hi,
What's the event? I didn't receive any SMS from them!

Thks

pineapple
28-07-12, 20:18
Hi,
What's the event? I didn't receive any SMS from them!

Thks

juz a simple dinner thingy.. as the showflat is slated to be closed down in August

sying
28-07-12, 20:56
juz a simple dinner thingy.. as the showflat is slated to be closed down in August
Thks!....any staff there to enquire on the tiles/laminate? .... Not sure to take marble/porcelain.

Any advice which is better? Appreciate any feedback.

pineapple
29-07-12, 20:07
Thks!....any staff there to enquire on the tiles/laminate? .... Not sure to take marble/porcelain.

Any advice which is better? Appreciate any feedback.

sure.. u can ask the staff there. and also view the actual sample of marble / procelain from the showflat. guess more pple will go for marble as its higher value.. and looks nicer than porcelain

permacy
29-07-12, 20:15

Went to the show room this afternoon.

"cool"- granite is more toward dark colour to many black line on the granite did not feel cool on the flooring.

more favorable toward "warm"-marble, also informed by the sale staff Marble more expensive to granite on this project.

The other consideration is :
my unit is Soho unit (807sqft type).
will consider to opt for option layout1- platform furniture above enclosed concept for bed room1 than Original layout platform furniture above open concept for bed room1

Any advise before making final decision.

Thank you.

pong
29-07-12, 21:06
sure.. u can ask the staff there. and also view the actual sample of marble / procelain from the showflat. guess more pple will go for marble as its higher value.. and looks nicer than porcelain

Thks. Went today. Marble looks good today vs what I've seen previously.....somehow the line between the marble is not that obvious.

Cool theme looks " cool"...I like the overall tile/laminate combination. Porcelain looks nice too! Only concern is the grout which will certainly gather dirt and looks "darker/dirty" after some time.

Hmmmmm.. Really headache:(

focus
29-07-12, 21:38
got warm marble meh:p

Got.. Compressed marble usually feels warmer

Xan
05-08-12, 08:04
Me too, granite is missing. Left marble n porcelain....any advice which one to take
? I got a 1+1 suite. The wardrobe in the study is optional.

Yours is 527sqft or 570sqft?

pineapple
05-08-12, 10:48
btw.. does anybody know how much is the maintenance cost is like?

Xan
05-08-12, 11:00
btw.. does anybody know how much is the maintenance cost is like?

1 bedder ard 280.

sying
05-08-12, 13:48
Yours is 527sqft or 570sqft?
Mine is 570sqft

Xan
05-08-12, 14:01
Mine is 570sqft

Then urs should be slightly more than 280

minority
05-08-12, 23:05
The EC nearby in hougang 1300sqf maintance is 270. !

Xan
05-08-12, 23:19
The EC nearby in hougang 1300sqf maintance is 270. !

Parc centro 3 bedder is only 240

minority
06-08-12, 09:35
Parc centro 3 bedder is only 240

Parc centro is 200sqf smaller

phantom_opera
10-08-12, 17:49
Last month record was 1548psf

There was another even higher one

HISTORICAL HIGH
$1,558 PSF IN MAR 2012 FOR A 1,485-SQFT UNIT

:sick:

phantom_opera
11-08-12, 19:36
the real watertown in China

http://img5.cache.netease.com/photo/0001/2012-08-10/900x600_88J7JIKV19BR0001.jpg

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 17:37
another 3 units sold at 1415, 1476 and 1537psf in july. just 46 units left.

Molotov
17-09-12, 11:15
38 units left! Last unit transacted at $1,487psf!!

phantom_opera
17-09-12, 17:32
9 units sold in August median at 1,484 1,395

1,639 the highest :scared-2:

Kanarazu
17-09-12, 17:49

1,639 the highest :scared-2:

我的town,我的天!

Emma
24-09-12, 10:26
wow such high psf. the bros and sis here who bought watertown - what psf did you all buy at?
also i am quite a newbie to the punggol area. i see there is a huge price discrepancy between watertown and river isles / flo residence. all 3 are in punggol area right? is the difference largely due to proximity to mrt station? watertown is at central and near to MRT and the other 2 are near to LRTs?

Molotov
24-09-12, 12:17
wow such high psf. the bros and sis here who bought watertown - what psf did you all buy at?
also i am quite a newbie to the punggol area. i see there is a huge price discrepancy between watertown and river isles / flo residence. all 3 are in punggol area right? is the difference largely due to proximity to mrt station? watertown is at central and near to MRT and the other 2 are near to LRTs?
For those who bought the WT units as early birds, the average price was 980psf. Thereafter, the psf ranged between $1100 to $1250. The crazy over-$1400psf ones are for the 3 towers directly facing the waterway with no blockage of view.

minority
24-09-12, 12:59
$1400 would make good premium Carrot Head. :doh:

NO_7
24-09-12, 13:13
Wat is their PPR?

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 16:23
I think FEO strategy is really to hold the premium units first and see if they or the buyers blink first. Someone will eventually bite in today's market.:doh:

DC33_2008
24-09-12, 16:51
Look at the Clift. FEO still selling now all the high floor units.
I think FEO strategy is really to hold the premium units first and see if they or the buyers blink first. Someone will eventually bite in today's market.:doh:

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 17:10
Look at the Clift. FEO still selling now all the high floor units.

FEO holding power vs buyers', it's David Vs Goliath ... :)

Laguna
24-09-12, 17:26
scary!!!
as good as good FH condo price in D15

cnud
24-09-12, 17:34
scary!!!
as good as good FH condo price in D15

You mean old FH condo in D15.. People do pay a premium for new developments...

GSLJ
24-09-12, 18:35

1,639 the highest :scared-2:Really amazing! :cheers1:

NO_7
24-09-12, 19:11
Paid $1b for this land will wanna take something back from those premium units.

dtrax
02-10-12, 22:23
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!
WATERTOWN 79 Punggol Central #06-83 1 109 Strata 1,741,200 15974 1484 20-SEP-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 18/05/2011 Uncompleted New Sale Private 19 82 828759 North East Region Punggol

dtrax
03-10-12, 00:30
I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!
WATERTOWN 79 Punggol Central #06-83 1 109 Strata 1,741,200 15974 1484 20-SEP-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 18/05/2011 Uncompleted New Sale Private 19 82 828759 North East Region Punggol

No mrt, no mall but premium districts at < 1.4k psf

WATERFORD RESIDENCE 23 Kim Yam Road #03-10 1 130 Strata 1,935,000 14885 1383 21-SEP-2012 Apartment 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841 2010 Resale HDB 09 23 239333 Central Region River Valley

THE TESSARINA 20 Wilby Road #07-03 1 123 Strata 1,830,000 14878 1382 21-SEP-2012 Condominium Freehold 2003 Resale Private 10 27 276305 Central Region Bukit Timah

WATERFORD RESIDENCE 21 Kim Yam Road #06-01 1 132 Strata 2,075,000 15720 1460 19-SEP-2012 Apartment 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841 2010 Resale Private 09 23 239332 Central Region River Valley

price
03-10-12, 00:42
999 years / FH ma

dtrax
03-10-12, 00:45
999 years / FH ma

999/FH CCR vs 99LH OCR with MRT + Mall, which one better value if same psf (assuming neither has to die-for views/facing)?

price
03-10-12, 01:41
999/FH CCR vs 99LH OCR with MRT + Mall, which one better value if same psf (assuming neither has to die-for views/facing)?

very subjective, both are able to sell to different market grp :D but personal preference i will take the 999/ fh ccr

carbuncle
03-10-12, 08:35
Kim Yam free meals

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 11:26
Kim Yam free meals

are u referring to free meals at Buddhist Lodge :rolleyes:

chanel
03-10-12, 12:52
Watertown is the best feng shui in Punggol!

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=31774&new

Molotov
04-10-12, 12:06
Good question. Most people will clamour to say 999/FH without blinking an eye. It's like a can't-go-wrong kind of purchase.

I beg to differ a little with this real-life-story: a decision was needed between 99LH Sanctuary Green (Tanbjung Rhu) and 999/FH Dahlia Park back in 2005. Both were going for between $500-$600psf. The heart says SG coz it's nearer to city and being in East Coast. The head says DP of course 999/FH! All friends and property experts said the same thing. 4 years later, SG was going at $1000psf or more and DP ? A sad $600 -$650 psf.

You be the judge.

chanel
04-10-12, 12:35
Good question. Most people will clamour to say 999/FH without blinking an eye. It's like a can't-go-wrong kind of purchase.

I beg to differ a little with this real-life-story: a decision was needed between 99LH Sanctuary Green (Tanbjung Rhu) and 999/FH Dahlia Park back in 2005. Both were going for between $500-$600psf. The heart says SG coz it's nearer to city and being in East Coast. The head says DP of course 999/FH! All friends and property experts said the same thing. 4 years later, SG was going at $1000psf or more and DP ? A sad $600 -$650 psf.

You be the judge.

I concur with you wholesale! Freehold properties do not hold true anymore unless landed.
Typical example, Bliss@Kovan launched at $1,400 - $1,500 psf one year ago and due to poor sales, delay in demolition & construction work. It's freehold & this condo looks very attractive, not too far from Kovan MRT. Lately sales picked up with another 6-7 units sold after adjusting their prices downwards to $1,200 - $1,300 psf.
Versus Kovan Regency, 99 years just launched last weekend & now 94% sold at average of $1,250 psf.
Why buyers rather choose 99 over freehold? Most dont care cos how many can live beyond 99 years.
Fortunately Watertown also 99 can hold their price unchanged with latest transactions @ $1,500 psf beating Bliss handsdown.

mantrix
04-10-12, 12:43
anyway in land-scarce singapore, those 99 LH gets en-bloc'ed anyway...

important thing is still the location.

Molotov
04-10-12, 13:06
I concur with you wholesale! Freehold properties do not hold true anymore unless landed.
Typical example, Bliss@Kovan launched at $1,400 - $1,500 psf one year ago and due to poor sales, delay in demolition & construction work. It's freehold & this condo looks very attractive, not too far from Kovan MRT. Lately sales picked up with another 6-7 units sold after adjusting their prices downwards to $1,200 - $1,300 psf.
Versus Kovan Regency, 99 years just launched last weekend & now 94% sold at average of $1,250 psf.
Why buyers rather choose 99 over freehold? Most dont care cos how many can live beyond 99 years.
Fortunately Watertown also 99 can hold their price unchanged with latest transactions @ $1,500 psf beating Bliss handsdown.
Watertown is expensive but in relative terms only. Imagine how much a 999/FH project with similar attributes like Watertown would price itself? $2500psf or $3000psf?

Molotov
04-10-12, 13:44
anyway in land-scarce singapore, those 99 LH gets en-bloc'ed anyway...

important thing is still the location.
Nowadays, most, if not all projects with fantastic amenities like proximity to MRT and malls are 99/LH ones. Developers are smart enough to price them in a way that make the old FH ones with no amenities look "affordable" in relative terms, of course. There will be buyers on both ends, for sure. That said, upside potential is still more likely to be in locations with "location".

chanel
04-10-12, 13:49
Watertown is expensive but in relative terms only. Imagine how much a 999/FH project with similar attributes like Watertown would price itself? $2500psf or $3000psf?

Doubt very much Watertown can command more than $2K psf considering Punggol is still an ulu suburb. But who knows property market can go crazy & no one can predict the future.
Property prices may fluctuate according to economy, still it is an investment that will never spiral down due to shortage of land. Some old HDB prices are already rising skyhigh, can these match with private condos in terms of facilities, security & quality?
Foreigners are allowed to buy private apartments and if they like the locality & the unit, the sellers may ask for sky high prices and buyers are prepared to pay. Maybe a selected few choice units have more bargaining power.
All they need is a scapegoat to start the trend of pushing up property prices and this is already happening in HDB. Sellers get bank valuation on their units, asked for highest COV and when buyers bite the bullet, they refuse to sell and continue to raise their COV prices by hundreds of thousands. HUDC prices have gone beyond $1M and some are more than 20 years old.

zeamybro
04-10-12, 14:12

You be the judge.

You have quoted an interesting example. I have made some observations too:

Sanctuary Green LH99 is now going at around $1100-1200psf, while Parkshore FH directly next to it is going only slightly more at $1200-1300psf.

Cote D'azur LH99 sea-facing condo next to PP is going at $1200-1300psf. The SeaView FH which is just across the road but without seaview is commanding much more at $1600psf ...

chanel
04-10-12, 15:19
Another freehold Naung Residence near to Hougang MRT, comparable to Bliss@Kovan launched about the same price of $1,450 psf and sale is slow.
So far, Naung sold only 9 units out of total of 60 units since July i.e. 6 in July, 2 in Aug & 1 in Sep. Developer may have to lower prices to lure buyers otherwise how to build, moreover the land is very small compared to Bliss.

price
04-10-12, 22:32
Another freehold Naung Residence near to Hougang MRT, comparable to Bliss@Kovan launched about the same price of $1,450 psf and sale is slow.
So far, Naung sold only 9 units out of total of 60 units since July i.e. 6 in July, 2 in Aug & 1 in Sep. Developer may have to lower prices to lure buyers otherwise how to build, moreover the land is very small compared to Bliss.

correction, Naung is 999 years

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 07:37

Its recent adverts in newspaper claimed 2 bedder almost sold out. I wonder how true it is... Lets wait for oct 15 to see the new URA data.

Kanarazu
05-10-12, 07:46

I wasn't sure if bliss discount was pervasive or just given only to certain large units/stacks which BBR had difficulty selling. From what I know all 1 and 2 bedders non-PES were sold between $1400-1480 while larger units are $1200-1300-ish. Over any period of time as a general rule, units with better facing,higher floor are usually sold first followed by the ones that are lower floor or PES, hence this buying pattern inevitably cause a "down trend" perception in psf over time.

zeamybro
05-10-12, 08:32
I wasn't sure if bliss discount was pervasive or just given only to certain large units/stacks which BBR had difficulty selling. From what I know all 1 and 2 bedders non-PES were sold between $1400-1480 while larger units are $1200-1300-ish. Over any period of time as a general rule, units with better facing,higher floor are usually sold first followed by the ones that are lower floor or PES, hence this buying pattern inevitably cause a "down trend" perception in psf over time.

I was quoted and offered a $40K furniture voucher for a 3BR some time back. Reason why vouchers were offered by developer is because they dont want to lower the option prices lodged in the URA caveats.

Nevertheless, i think Bliss@Kovan has fully sold out all the non PH units.

chanel
05-10-12, 21:11
I called FEO on this.

So which is better?

Did you get the choice of kitchen layout as well? For sky patio 4-bedder, 2 options of glass panel and sliding glass door between kitchen & living, aluminium louvered door at yard & gas cooker hob
OR open kitchen concept with sliding glass door between kitchen & yard and electric cooker hob.

For flooring, a choice of 3 selections :

Cool (white porcelain tiles) with dark tone timber for kitchen & bathroom cabinet

Warm 1 (beige marble) with medium tone timber cabinet or

Warm 2 (grey marble) with dark tone timber cabinet

Agree with you that porcelain tiles are easy to clean and least stain problems. Marble is soft, difficult to maintain, cracks easily but more classy giving different type of feeling.
Actually white porcelain looks really nice in the showroom. The grey marble tiles in the 3 bedroom doesnt look attractive, like alot of crack lines.
Any comment on which kitchen layout is better?

Panerex77
07-10-12, 09:26
am glad that the supermarket at watertown point will be NTUC Finest...and not others like Shexx Sioxxx or Gixxx

Laguna
07-10-12, 10:07
am glad that the supermarket at watertown point will be NTUC Finest...and not others like Shexx Sioxxx or Gixxx

yalor, the SPs there can pay such a high price, of course, NTUC has to move in as FINEST.

beepbeep
17-10-12, 00:03
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/BA653DC75539EF9C48257A9900218A56?OpenDocument

Congrats to all Watertown buyers!!

Molotov
17-10-12, 15:31
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/BA653DC75539EF9C48257A9900218A56?OpenDocument

Huat ah! But what about the newer roads?? Need at least 2 more entrances/exits..

Molotov
17-10-12, 15:34

From the HDB drawings there seems to have 2 new roads entering Punggol from Seletar Aerospace hub. Will that help ease traffic coming into and going out of this waterfront city? :doh:

beepbeep
18-10-12, 06:48
I always believe there is a underlying reason for FEO project pricing

RCR
27-10-12, 15:01
WOW...1630psf!!!

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 2,417,280 1,475 Strata 1,639 Aug-12

Ringo33
27-10-12, 20:57
WOW...1630psf!!!

WATERTOWN PUNGGOL CENTRAL Apartment 1 2,417,280 1,475 Strata 1,639 Aug-12

seahill along west coast, no mrt, no mall etc already hit 1900psf.

wendytan
27-10-12, 22:55

I guess you referring to 1 or 2 bedroom. But their bigger unit only $12xx PSF :rolleyes:

So cheap ! :doh:

Molotov
29-10-12, 12:28
It's a wonder that Seahill can be more expensive than Sky Habitat !

NO_7
13-12-12, 11:18
Coming end 2012, looking back on all new launch records since 2007, Watertown top the sales in the first month launch.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Top40.jpg

Noexit
13-12-12, 17:35
Wow nice info, where can i get this report generated from ? :scared-4:

Coming end 2012, looking back on all new launch records since 2007, Watertown top the sales in the first month launch.

rymccondo77
13-12-12, 18:40

Thanks for the information. The Parc Condo, with 659 units - sold out in the first month - very impressive performance given the number of units.

kane
13-12-12, 22:23
the festive chinese new year atmosphere with loud blaring speakers did the trick perhaps.

NO_7
14-12-12, 12:20

Added the avg Psf.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/Top40_zps5e675494.jpg

ecimbew
24-12-12, 14:15
Massive Punggol plan found at HDB Hub. Watertown looks even more promising.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78twm234icqihxy/Photo%2024-12-12%203%2010%2040%20PM.jpg

Molotov
25-12-12, 08:49
Massive Punggol plan found at HDB Hub. Watertown looks even more promising.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78twm234icqihxy/Photo%2024-12-12%203%2010%2040%20PM.jpg
can't open photo bro

NO_7
25-12-12, 13:13
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/zze121/1eqjkm_zps5b514348.jpg
Source ST

Xan
25-12-12, 14:08
Thanks for the information. The Parc Condo, with 659 units - sold out in the first month - very impressive performance given the number of units.

One thing I don't understand, parc centro sold out within a short while whereas ATT still has unsold units despite they launch earlier.
Location and price wise similar. Could it be the Matilda house?

rymccondo77
25-12-12, 21:28
One thing I don't understand, parc centro sold out within a short while whereas ATT still has unsold units despite they launch earlier.
Location and price wise similar. Could it be the Matilda house?

ATT (882 units) has more units than Parc Centros (618 units) and has sold 848 units as at end Nov 12. So ATT sales is good considering the total number of units that it has. There may be some impact from Matilda House, but not enough to stop 848 buyers!

Xan
25-12-12, 23:45
ATT (882 units) has more units than Parc Centros (618 units) and has sold 848 units as at end Nov 12. So ATT sales is good considering the total number of units that it has. There may be some impact from Matilda House, but not enough to stop 848 buyers!

Appreciate your explanation.
However, don't you think its strange?
Yes, PC has lesser units compared to ATT but not that many.
Even WT who has got 992 units sells better than ATT.
WT left over units can be explained by the large quantum. But ATT I'm not so sure.
Secondly, PC only takes a month to sell out. This ATT project has been around for a year.
By right, judging from demands for WT and PC, they should be very similar. Just don't understand why ATT had not sell out after so long.
Thus, the thought of Matilda house came to my mind, or cld it b other reasons?
As a buyer, I wld prefer ATT location more than PC, that's why I'm puzzled.

kane
25-12-12, 23:56
Appreciate your explanation.
However, don't you think its strange?
Yes, PC has lesser units compared to ATT but not that many.
Even WT who has got 992 units sells better than ATT.
WT left over units can be explained by the large quantum. But ATT I'm not so sure.
Secondly, PC only takes a month to sell out. This ATT project has been around for a year.
By right, judging from demands for WT and PC, they should be very similar. Just don't understand why ATT had not sell out after so long.
Thats why The thought of Matilda house came to my mind, or cld it b other reasons?
As a buyer, I wld prefer ATT location more than PC, that's why I'm puzzled.

Sim Lian has a habit of jacking about the prices of the units progressively if the project sells well. maybe that feeling of paying top price as compared to your neighbours is holding people back. if they maintained the price at near the launch price, I think it would have long been sold out.

Xan
26-12-12, 00:00
Sim Lian has a habit of jacking about the prices of the units progressively if the project sells well. maybe that feeling of paying top price as compared to your neighbours is holding people back. if they maintained the price at near the launch price, I think it would have long been sold out.

I try look at recent ATT transaction. It hovers between 880 to 920psf. Still slightly cheaper than PC. I would have thought this is still acceptable comparing to PC and WT.

I understand the left overs might be ground units, but PC grd units also about same psf or even higher and they are sold out long ago.

kane
26-12-12, 00:06
I try look at recent ATT transaction. It hovers between 880 to 920psf. Still slightly cheaper than PC. I would have thought this is still acceptable comparing to PC and WT.

I understand the left overs might be ground units, but PC grd units also about same psf or even higher and they are sold out.

maybe people don't know what is left and can't figure where to get the info given that the showroom has closed? some shoppers are still pretty primitive in their methods.

NO_7
26-12-12, 00:39
Current 34 units of ATT will be selling out soon as no more new launch in this area as compare to Sengkang n Buangkok which will soon be launching La Fiesta n a CDL project next to the MRT.

Without any showroom buyer can't imagine the layout n facade looks like.
Think the best is still TV adv, it is so powerful that Heronbay sold 354 out of 394 during the first weekend.

Another interesting point noted is La Fiesta which is rumor to be selling at $1200psf, Luxurie sitting next to it would probably be also sell out after La Fiesta launch.

chanel
29-12-12, 12:52
Latest transactions for Nov:

WT maintaining at around $1,500 psf with 4 bedders fetching higher price than 3 bedders,

PC approx. $1,200 psf for smaller units whereas biggers units are around $900 psf

ATT average is $900+ psf for all units

All these are 99 years lease and closed to MRT & Bus interchange but prices vary - quite a disparity.
Wonder why PC is much pricier than AT since the location is at par? Could it be better materials or design?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/submitSearch.do

Xan
29-12-12, 15:49
Latest transactions for Nov:

WT maintaining at around $1,500 psf with 4 bedders fetching higher price than 3 bedders,

PC approx. $1,200 psf for smaller units whereas biggers units are around $900 psf

ATT average is $900+ psf for all units

All these are 99 years lease and closed to MRT & Bus interchange but prices vary - quite a disparity.
Wonder why PC is much pricier than AT since the location is at par? Could it be better materials or design?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/submitSearch.do

PC not really pricier than ATT esp 3 bedder compact or bigger units is concern.
PC is pricier for 1 and 2 bedder or penthouses.
WT must buy during preview.
I post the same qns why ATT still not sold out after so long.
I suspect it's the Matilda house factor.

rymccondo77
29-12-12, 16:03
ATT more than 95% sold. Think the developer has made enough money from this development.

Molotov
07-01-13, 06:23
There are road widening projects ongoing evidently benefitting the Aerospace hub and Punggol 21+. LTA has already added another lane on the "bridge" over Sungei Punggol on the TPE. . And lamp posts have been shifted for this purpose.
There is a also a near-completed semi highway running from Seletar Aerospace hub through to the heart of Punggol and then right through to Pasir Ris (presumably connecting Changi Airport).
Any resourceful bros here can share knowledge of master plans for tbese projects?

DC33_2008
13-02-13, 11:19
WATERTOWN CNY PARTY (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-real-estate-event/678)

Event Description

WATERTOWN CNY PARTY
Join us for a Lunar New Year Dinner and let us share with you more about this exciting development!
To RSVP, please call 65348000

Venue: Watertown sales gallery
Address: Punggol Walk
Start: 2/16/2013 5:00:00 PM
End: 2/16/2013 7:00:00 PM
Contact Person: Telesales
Contact Number: 65348000

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/a/5/e/e/a5ee8e32015289_1_V300.jpg
Event Details

Date: Saturday, 16th Feb 2013
Opening Times: 5:00PM to 7.00PM
Organizer: Far East Organization
Category: Event

Contact Details

Website: http://www.fareast.com.sg/e... (http://www.fareast.com.sg/en/Residential/Events-and-Happenings/Watertown-CNY-Party-16-Feb.aspx)
Telephone: 65348000

Directions

Venue: Watertown sales gallery
Address: Punggol Walk
Singapore

missotah
16-03-13, 17:40
Can I ask watertown is an EC or PC?

rymccondo77
16-03-13, 19:08
Can I ask watertown is an EC or PC?

Watertown is a PC.

NO_7
17-03-13, 01:13
Did anyone go down today for the showroom item clearance sale?

Mohankrish
18-08-13, 22:47
Congratulations Watertown buyers! The airport is going to go. Don't have to worry about the noise from planes !

GIG
18-08-13, 22:55
Still very very long way....still have to worry about air quality from increasing industrial project at Pasir Gudang

chanel
03-11-13, 11:19
Any update? Heard construction is very slow, still piling & no sign of at least one storey. Across the road Treasure Trove same commencement of construction stage, some blocks already upto 12 storeys high. Looks like the way WT is progressing, completion maybe push to 2020?

Kenshinto80
03-11-13, 12:34
Any update? Heard construction is very slow, still piling & no sign of at least one storey. Across the road Treasure Trove same commencement of construction stage, some blocks already upto 12 storeys high. Looks like the way WT is progressing, completion maybe push to 2020?

They are starting work on the basement already. Think shld be ready by early 2017 or even last quarter of 2016. Construction once started will be very fast in Singapore.

NO_7
03-11-13, 14:28

You can some update http://www.punggol.sg/forum/community_issues/watertown-t44177.0.html and http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1476696

Ringo33
03-11-13, 15:16
who is the main contractor for this project?

amazon777
03-11-13, 16:32

Far Ea$t project.. Look at how long they take to build Silversea in East Coast

nigefool
04-11-13, 13:01
Far Ea$t project.. Look at how long they take to build Silversea in East Coast

And look at how loooooong they build the waterfront series (both gold and isle) and euhabitat.

chanel
04-11-13, 21:52
Thanks all for the updates.
FE's motto - slow and steady wins the race!

minority
27-03-14, 01:10
FE MOTO is to SCREW every buyer.... that IS FE MOTO...

minority
27-03-14, 01:16
with all the OCR being over priced and employment passed dwindling. Rental market is slowing as well as resale market. I wonder OCR in Punggol with people asking to sell at 1600psf or 2000psf are out of their mind?

At those psf prices there are many better choices. also studio units at these locations would there be a rental market?

I doubt this location compare to the hubs i.e. jurong, amk etc will be able to attract much tenants. and if the resale is at such prices the rental cant even cover the loan.....

Interesting to see how the OCR prices will unfold in the time to come.

LiveYoung
27-03-14, 16:39
with all the OCR being over priced and employment passed dwindling. Rental market is slowing as well as resale market. I wonder OCR in Punggol with people asking to sell at 1600psf or 2000psf are out of their mind?

At those psf prices there are many better choices. also studio units at these locations would there be a rental market?

I doubt this location compare to the hubs i.e. jurong, amk etc will be able to attract much tenants. and if the resale is at such prices the rental cant even cover the loan.....

Interesting to see how the OCR prices will unfold in the time to come.

Any source for what you said "1.6k psf or 2k psf that people are asking for OCR in Punggol"?

Strata
27-03-14, 19:05
Any source for what you said "1.6k psf or 2k psf that people are asking for OCR in Punggol"?

Definitely not within 5 yrs time. Maybe the next release of URA master plan after another 5 yrs..

Alex1688
27-03-14, 22:35
Definitely not within 5 yrs time. Maybe the next release of URA master plan after another 5 yrs..

What if KL-Singapore high speed rail link to punggol. the price will be possible. right?:)

alfanutz
28-03-14, 00:23
What if KL-Singapore high speed rail link to punggol. the price will be possible. right?:)

Anything's possible but so far, nothing of that sort has been announced.

However, the 2013 draft master plan did have a creative cluster and learning corridor (a new tertiary institution) in Punggol as part of the North Coast innovation corridor. However, it will probably be after 2020 before we see anything concrete.

minority
28-03-14, 11:55

watertown advert on property guru. asking price.

minority
28-03-14, 11:56

given people paid ard $1000-$1200 psf for this project. selling at $1400psf is min. if not wont make up for the stamp duties etc.

LiveYoung
28-03-14, 14:01
given people paid ard $1000-$1200 psf for this project. selling at $1400psf is min. if not wont make up for the stamp duties etc.

:banghead: Ran a check on URA site about the recent transactions. One or two high-floor big size units (yes, big size you read it right) really fetched a psf price above 1600, other resale units' prices mostly hover around 1400 psf. But there's no new transactions since last October. Anyway, it's a great feat this development has achieved, regardless of whether the similar psf can be achieved in the near future.;)

Molotov
30-03-14, 16:02

Aiya the WT carrot heads (as u call them) buy high u mocked at them; now they sell high u ridicule them. Get a life bro!

Kenshinto80
30-03-14, 16:09
Aiya the WT carrot heads (as u call them) buy high u mocked at them; now they sell high u ridicule them. Get a life bro!
Exactly, the first batch of buyers got theirs at 900++psf then and also got mocked at as many experts think Watertown shld be valued at 800psf. Look who having the last laugh now. :p

Molotov
30-03-14, 18:20
Exactly, the first batch of buyers got theirs at 900++psf then and also got mocked at as many experts think Watertown shld be valued at 800psf. Look who having the last laugh now. :p
800psf for a project sitting on top of a sizeable mall with direct access to the MRT/LRT is just about right...bcoz it's ulu Punggol! Minority say one...

beepbeep
30-03-14, 21:35

Lucky the 900+ owners dun give a damn what forummers condemned WT in this forum and went ahead with their purchase of WT.

yesnomaybe
30-03-14, 22:22
http://www.new-singapore-property.com/uploads/1/4/6/5/14656248/516_orig.jpg

DuaNehNehChioBu
31-03-14, 11:28
Very slow progress...one of the worse i have ever seen !!

does anyone know the temporary bus interchange will be moving to ? watertown basement ? :D

alfanutz
31-03-14, 13:17
Watertown is one of the most "vilefied" development and attracted alot of negative remarks.

As mentioned by some, the early buyers paid about 9xx psf but for specific stacks :

1) The initial launch of Sky Patio has partial view and not full view of the Waterway.

2) The 3BR condo units (Tower 3) has full waterway view and overlook the open patio area of the Waterway point and is directly opposite the bridge.

3) Only with full discount like upgrader discount, vicinity discount etc will the price drop to below 1k psf. The price posted on URA is excluding the rebates so in actual fact, it is even lower.

alfanutz
31-03-14, 13:22
Very slow progress...one of the worse i have ever seen !!

does anyone know the temporary bus interchange will be moving to ? watertown basement ? :D

Yeah man ! They keep digging and digging, wonder if they found any treasure ? :D

We can compare Watertown progress with development like Bedok Residences and Bartley residences which was launched at about the same time. Both of them have or close to reaching their final floors but Watertown still haven't even completed the 1st floor ! I guess as it is connected to the MRT, it is more complicated.

But what puzzled me is that Far East actually put Q3 2016 as the TOP date in their latest newsletter instead of keeping to the original Q3 2017.

clemdale24
31-03-14, 13:30
i thought the avg price of watertown was about 1300-1400psf? correct me if im wrong but thats been the impression ive been having.
in any case if sengkang and punggol isnt a concrete jungle i really dont know what is. its just stacks and stacks of new/old hdbs 360 degrees around. like new york city, but... not really like new york city...

alfanutz
31-03-14, 14:15
i thought the avg price of watertown was about 1300-1400psf? correct me if im wrong but thats been the impression ive been having.
in any case if sengkang and punggol isnt a concrete jungle i really dont know what is. its just stacks and stacks of new/old hdbs 360 degrees around. like new york city, but... not really like new york city...

There was a prelaunch for VVIP (those that place cheque before the actual launch) and during the 1st day of VVIP, most of the larger units went for between 9xx - 10xx psf (after discounts). They launch the other units like suites and soho during the public launch and these are priced higher at 13xx psf but quantum is lower as these are smaller units. Overall average is 13xx psf for Watertown because remember, there's 992 units and some units were transacted at 16xx psf which kinda skewed the figures.

Currently, there isn't much in Punggol yet, need to wait till 2015 before things start to liven up as alot of the BTO along the Waterway will be completed and Waterway Point will also be opened. There's a new Safra clubhouse/Sports complex along the Waterway about 300m away from Watertown and there's an empty plot of land beside Watertown that is zoned as mixed development and may have office component to it. The new hawker centre is also on the empty plot of land.

Longer term, there will be more things coming up as part of the master plan like a learning corridor (tertiary institution) and creative cluster.

I think the issue right now is whether the infrastructure can support the population growth.

yesnomaybe
31-03-14, 17:06
Think you guys forgotten that Waterway Point Mall ( twice the size of Wisma Atria) is beneath Watertown the condominium.

As far as I can see it's on schedule.

alfanutz
31-03-14, 18:38
Think you guys forgotten that Waterway Point Mall ( twice the size of Wisma Atria) is beneath Watertown the condominium.

As far as I can see it's on schedule.

Didn't forget about Waterway Point.

I am not in the construction business so I not sure the time taken to build the condos based on Q3 2016 TOP which is another 2.5 years away.

Is it realistic that they can complete 11 towers (between 12 - 14 floors each) ?

yesnomaybe
31-03-14, 19:06
Didn't forget about Waterway Point.

I am not in the construction business so I not sure the time taken to build the condos based on Q3 2016 TOP which is another 2.5 years away.

Is it realistic that they can complete 11 towers (between 12 - 14 floors each) ?

Why not ? I reside in an area where there are a lot of new BTOs. ..3 years ago these were empty fields but now some have even been occupied by the new owners. Moreover, the height of the Watertown towers are not tall...so why not.

alfanutz
31-03-14, 19:36
Why not ? I reside in an area where there are a lot of new BTOs. ..3 years ago these were empty fields but now some have even been occupied by the new owners. Moreover, the height of the Watertown towers are not tall...so why not.

Cool ! Hope they complete it ASAP !

Let see if the naysayer are right on Watertown or whether those that took a leap of faith is rewarded.

Ringo33
31-03-14, 19:59
Cool ! Hope they complete it ASAP !

Let see if the naysayer are right on Watertown or whether those that took a leap of faith is rewarded.

Watertown will be a very popular meeting place for people living in the NorthEast. This is very similar to Centris in the West.

minority
31-03-14, 20:00

can u read? I say min price must sell at.. $1400. Did u check URA? historically transacted is $1400 or less. so means what?

do I need to tell u it means dont make much $$$?

If u even go look at the stats. the avg dev selling price is $1400 that would means more people eat woo..

So carrot town or not. you can decide yourself.

minority
31-03-14, 20:02
There was a prelaunch for VVIP (those that place cheque before the actual launch) and during the 1st day of VVIP, most of the larger units went for between 9xx - 10xx psf (after discounts). They launch the other units like suites and soho during the public launch and these are priced higher at 13xx psf but quantum is lower as these are smaller units. Overall average is 13xx psf for Watertown because remember, there's 992 units and some units were transacted at 16xx psf which kinda skewed the figures.

Currently, there isn't much in Punggol yet, need to wait till 2015 before things start to liven up as alot of the BTO along the Waterway will be completed and Waterway Point will also be opened. There's a new Safra clubhouse/Sports complex along the Waterway about 300m away from Watertown and there's an empty plot of land beside Watertown that is zoned as mixed development and may have office component to it. The new hawker centre is also on the empty plot of land.

Longer term, there will be more things coming up as part of the master plan like a learning corridor (tertiary institution) and creative cluster.

I think the issue right now is whether the infrastructure can support the population growth.

When all the condo in the area TOP. where there are rows n rows of condo those with MM in Watertown going be testing to find tenants. And yield? hmmmmm tats a big IF.

alfanutz
31-03-14, 20:14
When all the condo in the area TOP. where there are rows n rows of condo those with MM in Watertown going be testing to find tenants. And yield? hmmmmm tats a big IF.

Yeah, Punggol really has alot of EC and PC. I think probably the most of any town.

I am also curious about the rental market for MM in OCR. Those who bought MM in OCR are very gung ho !

Ringo33
31-03-14, 20:28
Northeastern of Singapore is a high density residential district and among them, I think Watertown will stand out due to its locations, facilities and amenities. If a tenant wish to live in Northeast, I believe they will sure to consider Watertown first before they go look at other development.

So I wont be too concern about finding tenant. the question mark is only how high you can rent.

NO_7
01-04-14, 00:56

$1400psf indicated was base on past last 6 mth transaction Psf.
And the last 2 remaining towers sold in the last batch were all priced in this range.
Another tower that is made up of only Soho 3.4m ceiling units were sold on ave price of $1300psf.

This parts of Sg is pack with HDBs, but lease they are young flats.
There is risk if flats are ageing, the new one will get affected.

Molotov
01-04-14, 11:05
can u read? I say min price must sell at.. $1400. Did u check URA? historically transacted is $1400 or less. so means what?

do I need to tell u it means dont make much $$$?

If u even go look at the stats. the avg dev selling price is $1400 that would means more people eat woo..

So carrot town or not. you can decide yourself.
move on bro.. you are not in play. live and let live..