PDA

View Full Version : Very frustrating market...

radha08
20-12-11, 15:57
Sellers holding...:(
Buyers waiting...:sleep:
MRT trains stalling...:doh:
Shares SLOWLY falling...:eek:
Gold NOT moving....:scared-4:

only thing interesting....;)

Forumers talking(TCSS)...:D:D:D

kane
20-12-11, 16:57
Go on a holiday. Nothing much is going to happen until after chinese new year, stocks may drift south in the meantime.

phantom_opera
20-12-11, 17:01
Very strange for the last few days, even Dow futures +80-100 at 4-5pm Asia time, STI / HSI closed down ... and then Dow always opened up at night and closed down in the morning but down by not much ... suspect manipulation in futures / cash market ... it seems like funds are exiting Asia and flowing back to US Treasuries judging from massive buying of 10y US bond ... yield is now 1.81% .... ppl are willing to get 1.81% only to lend to US government for 10y

:confused:

Worse ... like what I have suggested, property price will stay flat for next few years and stock market is stuck in a tight trading range too :sleep:

stl67
20-12-11, 17:03

play golf raining... damn sianz

jwong71
20-12-11, 17:05

next year,2012 then see show:D

time to go relax, holiday and enjoy a white xmas

chiaberry
20-12-11, 17:06
EURO currency down. Good time to travel. Ski holidays now much more affordable. :cheers4:

solsys
20-12-11, 17:10
I was calling for the PEAK of the near MRT frenzy and tada! The whole MRT system went haywired!

ysyap
20-12-11, 17:22
I was calling for the PEAK of the near MRT frenzy and tada! The whole MRT system went haywired!Like it or not, I seriously don't think the recent MRT saga will have any significant impact on properties near MRT... With the current COE price, taking the train still makes perfect sense for many. Did a simple calculation that taking the price of a small sedan at $100k, that works out to be about 30 years of traveling on the train... how not to be attractive? ;)

blackjack21trader
20-12-11, 17:33
Like it or not, I seriously don't think the recent MRT saga will have any significant impact on properties near MRT... With the current COE price, taking the train still makes perfect sense for many. Did a simple calculation that taking the price of a small sedan at $100k, that works out to be about 30 years of traveling on the train... how not to be attractive? ;)

hey you know what?....why I never think of it that way ! woahahahahah..ok lah serious lahh...methink as long as no injury caused, it is a blessing lah..MRT should go do a thorough investigation and solve the issue quick lor...

ysyap
20-12-11, 17:38
hey you know what?....why I never think of it that way ! woahahahahah..ok lah serious lahh...methink as long as no injury caused, it is a blessing lah..MRT should go do a thorough investigation and solve the issue quick lor...Based on a simple assumption of $9 per day on the train/bus (for 2 working adults) = $3300 a year = $99 000 over 30 years. Then again there can be more than 2 working adults using the car but I'll assume again the fuel, road tax, car insurance will more than cover that part... :D

hyenergix
20-12-11, 17:53
Based on a simple assumption of $9 per day on the train/bus (for 2 working adults) = $3300 a year = $99 000 over 30 years. Then again there can be more than 2 working adults using the car but I'll assume again the fuel, road tax, car insurance will more than cover that part... :D

MRT and bus routes are designed to optimise profit, not minimise travelling time.

phantom_opera
20-12-11, 17:56
MRT and bus routes are designed to optimise profit, not minimise travelling time.

political now ... i think PAP will shift the balance a little and accept less profit ... otherwise WP will win again next election .. watch SMRT share price ... i think at least 10% downside

sh
20-12-11, 19:10
Based on a simple assumption of $9 per day on the train/bus (for 2 working adults) = $3300 a year = $99 000 over 30 years. Then again there can be more than 2 working adults using the car but I'll assume again the fuel, road tax, car insurance will more than cover that part... :D

For 100k over the life span of the car. Each year is 10k. Each day is $27. Throw in ERP, parking, insurance, road tax, maintenance ++++. Don't talk about public transport, it's probably cheaper to take taxi! But people still die die must own car.... That's why COE like this:mad:

sigh.... but if already paid for car.... die die must use the car.... $27 a day leh... even if you leave it at home!:banghead:

rattydrama
20-12-11, 19:16
For 100k over the life span of the car. Each year is 10k. Each day is $27. Throw in ERP, parking, insurance, road tax, maintenance ++++. Don't talk about public transport, it's probably cheaper to take taxi! But people still die die must own car.... That's why COE like this:mad:

sigh.... but if already paid for car.... die die must use the car.... $27 a day leh... even if you leave it at home!:banghead:

so whats should be a reasonable rate? $15 ok?

ysyap
20-12-11, 19:21

sigh.... but if already paid for car.... die die must use the car.... $27 a day leh... even if you leave it at home!:banghead:Not forgetting the hire purchase for car loans! Well, cars are often considered a luxury item. :spliff:

sh
20-12-11, 19:24
so whats should be a reasonable rate? $15 ok?

$15 per day... 15 X 365 X 10 = $54750.... not even enough for COE! don't dream....:(

rattydrama
20-12-11, 19:31
$15 per day... 15 X 365 X 10 = $54750.... not even enough for COE! don't dream....:(

you will need to minus off scrap value of $8k as well, so the total should be lesser. LOL

gotta wait for next year and buy 2nd hand maybe it is possible.

rattydrama
20-12-11, 19:33
this also proof one thing in property or car: entry price is key. :rolleyes:

ysyap
20-12-11, 19:40
No wonder our inflation rate is constantly at around 5% or more... :doh: Property prices are at record levels currently and car prices are not cheap either... only those who are super rich and those who are not looking to buy car or property will have an easier time with their cash flow. :sleep:

gav108
20-12-11, 21:21
cannot compare car with mrt directly like this, since cars in general are still much faster and comfortable and can reach every spot you need to go. n sometimes i dread the distance walking into the mrt stations and up and down the stairs/escalators. can be longer than expected. btw i came back from town just now via mrt at 3pm thinking it lull period, and the crowd...aiyoh like sardines :doh:

for families with kids having a car becomes an attractive option. for condo owners if u don't own cars u still pay the same maintenance fees...

Jonathan0503
20-12-11, 21:36
cannot compare car with mrt directly like this, since cars in general are still much faster and comfortable and can reach every spot you need to go. n sometimes i dread the distance walking into the mrt stations and up and down the stairs/escalators. can be longer than expected. btw i came back from town just now via mrt at 3pm thinking it lull period, and the crowd...aiyoh like sardines :doh:

for families with kids having a car becomes an attractive option. for condo owners if u don't own cars u still pay the same maintenance fees...

Agree.

Cannot just compare in monetary terms.

The intangible and intrinsic values such as convenience, comfort, time saving, status, prestige, etc etc must also be taken into consideration

fclim
20-12-11, 21:43
You can live in HDB, why die die must buy condo?
You can take MRT or bus, why die die must buy car?
You can buy Korean Car, why die die must buy BMW?

If you have money, why not spend it? Afterall, you live only once and you can never tell what's going to happen tomorrow.:)

Allthepies
20-12-11, 21:44
political now ... i think PAP will shift the balance a little and accept less profit ... otherwise WP will win again next election .. watch SMRT share price ... i think at least 10% downside

Once worker party takes over, Basic wish will really materialize :D

yjcai
20-12-11, 21:55
Howhow. US housing jump 9+%. Basic will say its fake and manipulated.

Komo
20-12-11, 21:57

not frustrating at all... in fact good time to keep buying.. equity stocks that is:D :D

Eastboy
20-12-11, 22:08
Well, in short, income drives the lifestyle. Never let lifestyle dictate the income.

azeoprop
20-12-11, 22:12
You can live in HDB, why die die must buy condo?
You can take MRT or bus, why die die must buy car?
You can buy Korean Car, why die die must buy BMW?

If you have money, why not spend it? Afterall, you live only once and you can never tell what's going to happen tomorrow.:)

Actually I quite like the new Hyundai Elantra. :D
http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11000

Eastboy
20-12-11, 22:16
http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11000

Yup quite chio, but Hyundai....always reminds me of the matrix

kane
20-12-11, 23:00
260+ points out of the blue, and dow is back above 12,000. how frustrating is that?! down but don't down, up but don't up. :cheers1:

radha08
20-12-11, 23:06
260+ points out of the blue, and dow is back above 12,000. how frustrating is that?! down but don't down, up but don't up. :cheers1:

sideways....line dancing...:D

kane
20-12-11, 23:14
sideways....line dancing...:D

literally.

ysyap
21-12-11, 07:14
http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11000Korean cars cannot fight with their continental counterparts in terms of engine so will take them on in terms of external facet and design. I also like i45 along with Sorento and the new Sportage! ;)

radha08
21-12-11, 07:49
buying a brand new car today is a form of financial suicide.....:scared-4:...bread butter car like vios jazz etc cost u 100k...just for the smell and feel of new car imo not worth it....go for those 2005/2006 cars 30k plus/minus...much better value....just my 2 cents:2cents:

Allthepies
21-12-11, 07:53

very good for making small bucks :cheers1:

phantom_opera
21-12-11, 08:26
very good for making small bucks :cheers1:

Asia will not react as much ... numb already .... nowadays a small auction in Italy/Spain can decide whether is up or down, we are going to stuck between 11700-12200 trading range for a long time.

stl67
21-12-11, 14:03

with CM4 already a lot of sellers dont want to sell. sell already got to fork out agent fees. buy again got to pay stamp duties and then subject to CM4.
now with CM5,dont need to say: a lot of sellers might as well do nothing and collect rental

sianz right

ysyap
21-12-11, 14:09
with CM4 already a lot of sellers dont want to sell. sell already got to fork out agent fees. buy again got to pay stamp duties and then subject to CM4.
now with CM5,dont need to say: a lot of sellers might as well do nothing and collect rental

sianz rightThis is exactly the objective of the CMs... Sianz indeed! :(

phantom_opera
21-12-11, 14:22
This "sianz" situation will last a few more years potentially... Dow up 300pts but China A still below 2.2k .... what is wrong? Hong Kong HSI hardly move 1.5% today

http://img2.quotes.ws.126.net/chart/timechartb/0000001.png

revhappy
21-12-11, 14:55
Dont worry it wont be frustrating for too long next year Basics wish will come true. It will go down down down. 50% down. :D

roly8
21-12-11, 15:15
next year,2012 then see show:D

time to go relax, holiday and enjoy a white xmas

good idea :D:D

latour
21-12-11, 15:32
"It will go down down down. 50% down. :D" ...

Stock Down 50% - every investors will buy.
Property Down 50% - Agents and non-SG/PR will buy first.

fclim
21-12-11, 19:04
buying a brand new car today is a form of financial suicide.....:scared-4:...bread butter car like vios jazz etc cost u 100k...just for the smell and feel of new car imo not worth it....go for those 2005/2006 cars 30k plus/minus...much better value....just my 2 cents:2cents:

50% of the car price is COE, so you are paying for a piece of paper. That's why many go for conti cars now as interest rate is only 1.88%. Pay a bit more a month can drive VW liao.

kane
21-12-11, 19:10
50% of the car price is COE, so you are paying for a piece of paper. That's why many go for conti cars now as interest rate is only 1.88%. Pay a bit more a month can drive VW liao.

Is VW reliable. A couple of my friends who drive it say not very, especially when it nears the 3 year mark.

ysyap
21-12-11, 19:28
Go for Audi... :cheers6:

kane
21-12-11, 19:40
How is Audi's resale value lately given it's rise in popularity?

fclim
21-12-11, 20:09
Is VW reliable. A couple of my friends who drive it say not very, especially when it nears the 3 year mark.

Dunno. But, see quite a lot of them on the road nowadays. VW also owns Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche amongst others. So, maybe quite reliable.

Lucky never buy SAAB. Bankrupt liao..

We are turning Condosingapore into a car forum liao, whahaha. Anyway, think the 2Cs are related. Many forumers here are discerning and sophisticated buyers, whether condo or cars...

Eastboy
21-12-11, 21:27
Get into position by Q1 2012. Pick up by Q2. When it rallies, pls don't cry over spilt milk.

kane
21-12-11, 21:34
Dunno. But, see quite a lot of them on the road nowadays. VW also owns Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche amongst others. So, maybe quite reliable.

Lucky never buy SAAB. Bankrupt liao..

We are turning Condosingapore into a car forum liao, whahaha. Anyway, think the 2Cs are related. Many forumers here are discerning and sophisticated buyers, whether condo or cars...

i think audi still pretty reliable, repair time after 3 years a bit heavy on the wallet that's all.

VW's draw is probably because the price is the same as Jap car. but for me, reliability is still top priority. my first car i had to send the car in 3 times in 5 months. damn piss off. it was an opel just in case you were wondering. my jap car now, 3 years, never went in for any mechanical issue, just the regular servicing.

Eastboy
21-12-11, 21:37
i think audi still pretty reliable, repair time after 3 years a bit heavy on the wallet that's all.

VW's draw is probably because the price is the same as Jap car. but for me, reliability is still top priority. my first car i had to send the car in 3 times in 5 months. damn piss off. it was an opel just in case you were wondering. my jap car now, 3 years, never went in for any mechanical issue, just the regular servicing.

Kane, Opel What model? My friend says Opel very reliable for him leh...

kane
21-12-11, 21:53
Kane, Opel What model? My friend says Opel very reliable for him leh...

i drove the astra 1.6 MTA. :banghead:

i got the lemon then.

radha08
21-12-11, 22:20

from what i heard bmws are out...people going for audi....so i guess must be good

kane
21-12-11, 22:23
from what i heard bmws are out...people going for audi....so i guess must be good

out as in?

devilplate
21-12-11, 23:16
Bimmer whr got out?!

Top sales ok

Bimmer become our bread and butter car liao....wakaka

Audi car getting boring oredi.....led shock is over....

Jus wait for the new 3series.....by end of next yr, sure flood the road one hor....Hopefully i m one of them :D

devilplate
21-12-11, 23:17
Resale value on par wif bmw and merc

The worse is those ford, opel, fiat.....volvo depreciate alot too

radha08
21-12-11, 23:36
out as in?

he he he...out as in...just pulling a fast one... cos i knew when i said that there would be a lot of support for the beemer....:D...the ultimate driving machine....:D

devilplate
21-12-11, 23:37
he he he...out as in...just pulling a fast one... cos i knew when i said that there would be a lot of support for the beemer....:D...the ultimate driving machine....:D
Beemer is slang for bmw motorcycle la....whahaha

kane
22-12-11, 07:51
Bimmer whr got out?!

Top sales ok

Bimmer become our bread and butter car liao....wakaka

Audi car getting boring oredi.....led shock is over....

Jus wait for the new 3series.....by end of next yr, sure flood the road one hor....Hopefully i m one of them :D

If coe drop, then 3 series will flood the road.

devilplate
22-12-11, 07:53
If coe drop, then 3 series will flood the road.
Nope....its the reverse

Kimchi cars will flood when px at 5xk

kane
22-12-11, 07:55
Nope....its the reverse

Kimchi cars will flood when px at 5xk

50k coe still too high for Korean cars. More like when coe is 30k.

devilplate
22-12-11, 07:59
50k coe still too high for Korean cars. More like when coe is 30k.
Alamak.....

Did i say coe 5xk?

I meant brandnew kimchi car 5xk

kane
22-12-11, 08:02
Korean cars can only reach 50k when COe is 10k or lower ah. You so bearish on coe?

devilplate
22-12-11, 08:05
Korean cars can only reach 50k when COe is 10k or lower ah. You so bearish on coe?
Bro...wat happen to u this morning? Hehehe

kane
22-12-11, 08:08
Maybe feeling slow...

devilplate
22-12-11, 08:18
Maybe feeling slow...
Must b xmas mood :D

I only realised last nite tat orchard road r more lively den b4.....lol

DC33_2008
22-12-11, 08:23
Vivocity is filled with festive season mood too.

radha08
22-12-11, 10:09
Beemer is slang for bmw motorcycle la....whahaha

just like ha ha is slang for harley davidson...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

fclim
22-12-11, 23:01
just like ha ha is slang for harley davidson...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Radhahahahahaha...:D :D :D

proud owner
23-12-11, 07:22
Vivocity is filled with festive season mood too.

and a dead man

kane
23-12-11, 07:24
and a dead man

What's the news?

proud owner
23-12-11, 07:25
What's the news?

saw briefly online last night

gun shot was heard in Vivocity

and an auxillary police officer was found dead in the toilet

kane
23-12-11, 08:02
saw briefly online last night

gun shot was heard in Vivocity

and an auxillary police officer was found dead in the toilet

That's bad. Assuming there wasn't signs of struggle, the guy could have taken his own life.

phantom_opera
23-12-11, 09:26
Christmas/New Year big traders gone already ... volume super low, little movement ... sianz

kane
23-12-11, 09:43
That's always the case this time of the year.

ysyap
23-12-11, 10:13
That's bad. Assuming there wasn't signs of struggle, the guy could have taken his own life.And to think that I was there with my family for dinner in the evening with a man who's struggling with suicidal thoughts (assuming that's the reason pending police investigation) walking armed within the mall... Wow... my family was shocked to learn of this news too... :scared-4:

latour
23-12-11, 10:49
1966, Hillview Estate terrace house was $24.5k...
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381633_2689888695039_1491125619_32786570_278684156_n.jpg

radha08
23-12-11, 10:52
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381633_2689888695039_1491125619_32786570_278684156_n.jpg

wtf...now its 20x

latour
23-12-11, 10:53
wtf...now its 20x

i think its more then 20x

ysyap
23-12-11, 10:55
wtf...now its 20xYou meant 200x? 20x is only $500k. More like $5mil... :scared-4:

DC33_2008
23-12-11, 10:59
So. Keep good FH properties.

hyenergix
23-12-11, 11:50

In those days, even $1k is a lot of money.

DC33_2008
23-12-11, 12:11
Value of $ will only get smaller with time due to inflation, etc.
In those days, even $1k is a lot of money.