PDA

View Full Version : Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

leftrightcentre
03-03-15, 20:51
Well, I counted. Max 7 persons on the gym machines. 1 cycle, 1 stepper, 2 treadmill, 1 benchpress, 1 pulldown, 1 sit up. Maybe can handle another person standing around or pushups.

I do think that it is not only lacking (7 equipment for 501 households/1500 pax) but also small with little room to move about. A larger size guy probably will be put off by the triple-combo machine with so little room around him. There's not even room for yoga mat or gym ball unless no one can walk around!

Didn't look into the function room except when the lift door opens. The one on the 3rd floor seems larger. Sort of mini cafeteria setup. The one the 4th is probably smaller though it has the outdoor BBQ area which essentially makes it larger.

Not as well equipped or self contained as would like it to be. :( Perhaps giving up the half basketball court would give a better sized gym and function rooms but different people would have different preferences.

For the children wading pool, there was previously some concerns about the green algae like water. Actually not to be overly concerned. It's just because that water is so shallow (very gentle slope from 0cm deep to think 50cm at the deepest?) that the colour is not looking pretty.

I didn't manage to go into the kitchen really as the fridge was blocking the entrance as you can see from the photos. I stuck my head in and though it is smaller than I remembered the showroom to be even for the 2 bedder. The bomb shelter door will make it worse... Really waste of space the thick walls and heavy door and other restrictions. BCA should not make us pay for it!

myfan
03-03-15, 21:14
How do we check whether the bank has released the 25% of purchase price to developer? Should we check direct with our lawyer or the developer?

gav108
03-03-15, 21:38
sigh...the gym looks small indeed according to the fb photos...but it looks like there's still some space between the machines? can fit free weights and a bench or not? and 1 step machine is probably insufficient as it's usually quite popular.

the thick bomb shelter walls are ok as they also serve as core structural walls to support the building, allowing other walls to be thin.

Shihtzus
04-03-15, 00:14
Hi Shihtzus, may I know which is your block? Yes, I know how u feel for collecting the keys late, but think positively as once our friends from the 1st batch collected the keys, they will update us through the forum on the workmanship and also any common defects found in the unit. All the info contribute by our friends will help to make our taking over more easy. Cheerio....

Hi jolly

Yes, I m getting all excited now just by seeing updates from future neighbours. We have all waited this long, I m ok to wait ano mth or so.

Roarrrr
04-03-15, 00:23
I do appreciate for the updates given here so far.
But I personally don't think it's cool that we shld go into someone else's unit to take pics.
Unless it's your own unit.

It's not cool at all.

Just in my honest personal opinion.

Roarrrr
04-03-15, 00:47
You guys do know it's wrong to enter other units that doesn't belong to you . ( regardless if it's locked or unlocked )

Don't let the excitement / good intentions cloud your head .

nchung
04-03-15, 07:57
Thanks leftrightcentre
I'm collecting my keys tomorrow morning

So exciting. Can't wait till it's my turn :-)

Does anyone know who the kitchen subcontractor is? I've been trying to find out so I can check colour codes / materials but all I've been getting is the runaround from the developer and main contractor. Don't know why they are so cagey about giving out such simple info like the subcontractor's company name!

akhran
04-03-15, 10:45
Is there a network point in every room?

Thanks.

jolly
04-03-15, 19:53
Today drove pass HP in the morning and saw one of the unit at blk 89 facing Changi North Road occupied with boxes and furnitures. First occupant moving in, that was fast.

gull
04-03-15, 20:02
Did somebody manage to get into the kitchen to discover if it's been provided with lighting as well similar to bathrooms

jolly
04-03-15, 20:09
Thank you LRC for sharing the pictures. Minor defects highlighted but overall workmanship and finishing are good and acceptable. By the way, have you taken your unit keys LRC? If key taken, perhaps you want to share with us the photos of your unit and any comment.

leftrightcentre
04-03-15, 21:35
1. All the basic infrastructure points (except fibre) are found in every room (including HS). RJ11 telephony, RJ45 data, 13A SSO. Usually a cluster in the centre of a wall with additional SSOs on the ends of the opposite wall.

2. The only lighting other lighting that is provided is that built into the hood. 2 E14 incandescent bulbs, probably 40W? But not good for much. Hardly illuminate the hobs.

3. There are about 100 units released in the first phase. As of today, about 10 collected keys. 2 already moved in since Fri I was told. Blk 85 #02 could be 1 of them. I saw lightings already mounted.

4. Each phase is likely 2-3 weeks apart. So a little patience. Otherwise the defects rectification would backlog and you can't start renovations anyway but already starting to pay interest, maintenance, etc.

4. All WM and fridge are left in original packaging and not installed. Have to make arrangements to have them installed. Reason said to keep them intact, probably considering renovations.

5. The unit would be cleaned up before handing over. Certainly in a considerably better condition than the unit I intruded yesterday. I guess the unlocked units are those still needing some work. But my unit wasn't locked though I was told to "break the seal". Probably customary and not literal.

6. Generally no dissatisfaction with the unit. Not looking for defects yet but no major defects identified although I noted a couple pretty bad scratches with the first one on my main door at eye position when opening...

7. Not sure if I got it wrong, but I heard slight popping/clicking/ticking sound in one of the room. Sometimes when I walked around, sometimes when I'm just stationary. Seems to come from the parquet. Hope it's not a case of popping parquet. As far as flooring goes, not in a clean enough state to be fair but I think lacks polishing.

8. There is a nice condiments shelf built into the kitchen cabinet.
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/20150303/7D9013B5-C2A6-442B-B03C-918002747019_zps29nvmaas.jpg

9. There's this metal encased hole in the kitchen wall. Not sure what is that about?
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/20150303/7080B742-8D49-48D0-B73C-F44CFDF7769F_zpsmrjrymfd.png

10. Apparently this is a power socket based on the label but no idea what this is. Located in the shelf above the hood
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/20150303/B968B469-E402-4495-AC6F-A2A492B1AC90_zpsx4n0091w.png

leftrightcentre
04-03-15, 21:37
OK, I think the hole in the wall is meant for the handle for the HS when the door fully opens. Good thinking. Certainly avoid us cracking the tiles when operating the heavy door and allows the door to open more flatly creating more space for the kitchen.

jolly
04-03-15, 23:52
Congratulations LRC for getting your unit. Nice pictures taken and thank you so much on the informations given. Really glad to hear many positive feedbacks from you and the rest of the HP owners. Enjoy the facilities and stay at Hedges Park.

LotusGenius
05-03-15, 09:40
Thanks LRC for the valuable information.

favfuchsia
05-03-15, 13:37
Thanks LRC for the detailed information.

Collected my keys today. Did you opt for the warm colored scheme too? I'm disappointed with the bathroom, it looks kinda cheap, I wonder if it is the Colour scheme ( brown). The "grains" of the tiles looks dirty with deep lines that cuts across the tile. Looks like a defect when it's actually not.

Let me know your opinion. Thanks!

nchung
05-03-15, 13:53
Thanks LRC for the detailed information.

Collected my keys today. Did you opt for the warm colored scheme too? I'm disappointed with the bathroom, it looks kinda cheap, I wonder if it is the Colour scheme ( brown). The "grains" of the tiles looks dirty with deep lines that cuts across the tile. Looks like a defect when it's actually not.

Let me know your opinion. Thanks!

Don't understand what you mean by the "grains" of the tiles having deep lines. Any photo to clarify what you are referring to? May be helpful to those of us yet to collect our keys to know what to look out for.

Thanks!

Yuki
05-03-15, 21:12
Time for using the defect checklist! :)

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html

nchung
05-03-15, 22:16
Time for using the defect checklist! :)

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html

Thanks. Check these out too. I found them online. Might be more relevant for condos :-)

http://www.propertylogy.com/knowledge/taking-over-new-condominiums-common-defects-to-watch-out-for/

http://thirteen-thirty-livia.blogspot.sg/2011/08/compilation-of-defects-list.html

Happy reading!

favfuchsia
05-03-15, 22:28
Don't understand what you mean by the "grains" of the tiles having deep lines. Any photo to clarify what you are referring to? May be helpful to those of us yet to collect our keys to know what to look out for.

Thanks!

sorry... i guess i didn't give the best description

woodlanbear
06-03-15, 06:20
Thanks. Check these out too. I found them online. Might be more relevant for condos :-)

http://www.propertylogy.com/knowledge/taking-over-new-condominiums-common-defects-to-watch-out-for/

http://thirteen-thirty-livia.blogspot.sg/2011/08/compilation-of-defects-list.html

Happy reading!

Hi Guys....
I am new here and collecting my keys next Tuesday.....Woah....what happened at The Livia is scary!!! So many defects!! Did not know they control the main door gate design too......Is it the same for HP too?

I also read about the $500 refundable deposit for moving in.
How much is HP's?

For those who collected their keys already, how many access cards are we given?
Thanks!

coolpica
06-03-15, 07:43
Hi Guys....
I am new here and collecting my keys next Tuesday.....Woah....what happened at The Livia is scary!!! So many defects!! Did not know they control the main door gate design too......Is it the same for HP too?

I also read about the $500 refundable deposit for moving in.
How much is HP's?

For those who collected their keys already, how many access cards are we given?
Thanks!

Most condo management specify the design for gates and grilles. Not just for Livia. As for the $500 deposit I think it is for renovation of apt, in case the contractor damages anything in the premise. It is refundable once reno is completed and nothing is damaged.

woodlanbear
06-03-15, 09:48
Most condo management specify the design for gates and grilles. Not just for Livia. As for the $500 deposit I think it is for renovation of apt, in case the contractor damages anything in the premise. It is refundable once reno is completed and nothing is damaged.

Ah I see....Thanks for the info :)

I am soo excited!!! Can't wait to collect my keys!! Yay!!!

coolpica
06-03-15, 12:04
Ok, went to collect my keys this morning. Deposit for reno and moving in is $2000 each, refundable.

osirisv
07-03-15, 08:39
Hi Lads, any more photo updates ☺️

akhran
07-03-15, 09:57
Any cool scheme photo will be great. Most of the photos seem to be warm scheme.

Thanks.

myfan
07-03-15, 12:34
My unit has the similar "lines" or "grains" across the bathroom tiles too. This was not seen in the showroom right? Is this a defect?

akhran
07-03-15, 21:51
I have attached a photo taken in the showroom (top photo in attachment) and another of a actual unit showing the air con in the living room. In the showroom, there is no box-up behind the air con. The wall that the air con is fixed on is nicely flushed with the rest of the wall. In the actual unit, there is a box-up behind the air con. Is that the same for every unit?

Thanks.

leftrightcentre
08-03-15, 01:33
I'm on the warm theme. Didn't quite notice the black grains until favfuchsia mentioned. Too excited about other things. :)

I have the same black grains but it's not too widespread. I'm not too upset by it. Didn't get the cheap feeling and instead I liked the theme.

I don't have too many bad things to say except that the main con didn't exercise took much care in the installation or their work. Considerable scratches and dings and dangs. I have about 20 defects on the main door. 2 highly visible and deep scratches at eye level and numerous elsewhere.

A few long scratches on the kitchen cabinets though not deep.

Parquet in the master has quite a number of bad finishing. I think I'm getting them to redo the whole room.

The balcony grout is quite bad especially on the skirting just below the doors. They are only half filled. Not half depth but half length. A few tiles are not even. Perhaps 1mm adjacent height difference.

A couple chipped bathroom for and wall tiles.

Otherwise not much damage. Cleaning and polishing should resolve the issues, albeit needs to be find by the main con since thinner or other cleaning shirts are needed for the task.

I ran the Air con for about 30 hours. No issues except once one of the Air con I suspect turned off by itself although I could turn it on later and no subsequent recurrence in the next 10hr+. Perhaps nothing to worry about. Anyone encountered similar issue?

My water supply had not been turned on yet so I brought 1.5L pet bottles to pour down the basins and drainage. No noticeable choking so hopefully no issues.

For those who would like to test the SSO can get one of this. Should be available in those discount shops. Got mine at marine parade.
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/20150303/35F0715A-56BD-4AC6-833C-FAE3C0BE90EE_zpssyjt8mwq.jpg

As for the Air con box up think it is necessary in order to run the piping and all? Showroom air con are for display and not functional.

The bigger issue is the non flushed drop ceiling. Need to ask my contractor how to hide that since I'm not doing any Reno at that area.
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Hedges%20Progress/20150303/B79FA68A-A754-4411-B320-49BB85448150_zpsv5a5nrin.png

Bragpig
08-03-15, 12:48
Frankly, the amount of waiting and delayed time for the TOP, and we get so many defects, it is terribly disappointing.

Ashwin
08-03-15, 15:56
Very true.. We are only getting our keys much later.. Any kind soul pls take more pictures for the rest of us 😔
Anyone knows of a good lighting shop and good place to get our curtains ..
I went to the furniture park at sungei kadut .. It's rather far but there were plenty of choices ..

Arcachon
08-03-15, 17:11
Recommendations and “referers”

Painter, Ah Pin 82683113

Plasterceiling work, Alpha PlasterCeil, Sim Kai Jun 8481 8118

Brilliant Source Lighting www.brilliantsourcelighting.com, e

8 LEDS for ard $150 –

LED Eco Lighting (Downlights $6-20, tracklights from $18, cash only), 96392427 –

$10 per light installation, Hong 97783222 –

Light installation, false ceiling, painting, carpentry and etc, Angela Seoh 94564955 –

False ceiling and electrical works, David Lim 9665 0329 –

Lights for tv console/panel, Chan Huat Lighting balestier, (look for James) –

Crestar fans, Joyce Teo 91993868 -

Fans (KDK ~$88, Relite ~$129), Extreme Lighting Pte Ltd, Alex Lim 96327117 –

Lee Curtain House, Karen Luo 93635394 –

MinistryofCurtains, Lorraine Tan 97997955 –

Home Classic, Moses 92444012 –

Aevea Curtain and Blinds, Eric Koh 97990744 –

Golden Leaf Curtain Centre, Mdm Mike Koh 81883204 –

Curtain shop at Kovan, Esther 96331355 –

Curtains, Sam Oh 83333939 –

Curtains & blinds, J&B (Johor Bahru) Mr Yong –

Family Curtain Enterprise, David Yeoh 82373874 –

Window films (vkool $12 per psf w/o gst, hyper and llumar) –

Shieldshade http://shieldshade.com/ -

Vkool, Vincent Lee at 97800828 –

Decking, SupremeFloors, Kenny Teo 92487880 –

Decking, Calvary Carpentry, Reuben 90297044, approx. $25-29 psf real timber, Merbau wood at $22.80

psf. –

KS Auto Laundry System, Winson 91094977 –

EzziLiving Laundry System, Pann 96916580 -

Bidet sprays, Toh Soi Khuan 9853 7797 –

Good pricing plumber for toilet accessories, Don (PM Katherine for contact) –

Floor Xperts $18-20 psf fake timber

Electrical appliances Goh Ah Bee 6280 3962 / 6288 8611

http://www.castlery.com

http://www.fortytwo.sg

http://www.museathome.net

For budgeting purposes

Hack walls approx. $400-$900

If you haven’t yet determined to what extent you are renovating, a good estimate is to set aside at least

$100 per sqf, area wise. The cost varies according to factors like your design, requirements and materials

used. However, don’t forget the other components such as loose furniture, soft furnishings, lighting fixtures,

window treatments, electrical appliances and sanitary ware and fittings.

akhran
08-03-15, 18:44
Anyone having rust strain on the balcony metal frame? Seems to be quite a common problem as evident on the ground floor unit balcony. How will the developer rectify the rust issue permanently? Seems strange that they will use material that is prone to rust for the balcony. Speaking of which, is the rust issue also evident in toilet for those who had their keys?

Thanks !

coolpica
08-03-15, 20:12
Anyone having rust strain on the balcony metal frame? Seems to be quite a common problem as evident on the ground floor unit balcony. How will the developer rectify the rust issue permanently? Seems strange that they will use material that is prone to rust for the balcony. Speaking of which, is the rust issue also evident in toilet for those who had their keys?

Thanks !

Yes apparently it is a prevalent problem for most units. I have seen workers using a grinding machine (unsure if I use the correct term) to 'grind' off the rust and wiping the railings. I don't have rust in my toilets.
on the same note, walked around the estate this afternoon and found many litter, such as plastic bags and bottles on the grounds.

Jopeki
09-03-15, 17:01
Anyone has any idea when is the next batch of release of the notice of vacant possession?

gav108
09-03-15, 20:28
Important for those installing blinds - the condo has specified the color. Please go to the management office for the color sample and recommended contractor. The color is light grey.

Btw the gym equipment are (mostly?) temporary until the new ones arrive. The management told me there will be free weights.

jolly
09-03-15, 21:16
Anyone has any idea when is the next batch of release of the notice of vacant possession?
This week 2nd batch letter will be release. Developer confirm that.

leftfield
10-03-15, 10:13
Quick question to those who have collected their keys. How long does it take for the lawyer to sort out with the bank for the 25% progressive payment?

coolpica
10-03-15, 10:24
Quick question to those who have collected their keys. How long does it take for the lawyer to sort out with the bank for the 25% progressive payment?

The bank will need 5 to 7 full working days to disburse the 25% payment. Once done, your lawyer will likely issue a cashier order to the developer's lawyer, which needs 2-3 days. From then on, u can call the developer for key collection.

leftrightcentre
10-03-15, 10:32

My bank needs 5 working days. On the last working day, the cashier's prefer with only be released at 5 pm. My lawyer was waiting along with other lawyers in Q to collect the order. The order would only be delivered they next morning unless you can get Tripartite to edit and have your lawyer expedite Delivery by say 6?

Otherwise you can pay $100 to the bank for expedited payment.

leftfield
10-03-15, 11:11
My bank needs 5 working days. On the last working day, the cashier's prefer with only be released at 5 pm. My lawyer was waiting along with other lawyers in Q to collect the order. The order would only be delivered they next morning unless you can get Tripartite to edit and have your lawyer expedite Delivery by say 6?

Otherwise you can pay $100 to the bank for expedited payment.

The bank will need 5 to 7 full working days to disburse the 25% payment. Once done, your lawyer will likely issue a cashier order to the developer's lawyer, which needs 2-3 days. From then on, u can call the developer for key collection.

Thanks for the info guys. So we are looking at about one to one and a half weeks before an appointment can be made.

anxious owner
10-03-15, 18:28
Thanks for the info guys. So we are looking at about one to one and a half weeks before an appointment can be made.

Thank you neighbours for sharing information.

I am in total despair. I have lost count on the number of times I have chased the developer and even my own lawyers to give me an idea of how long this process will take as I really need to plan ahead, book leave, book flights to come home to Singapore. No one was able or willing to give me any information.

One week ago, the developer said notice of vacant possession for my block (87) would be 10 March. I haven't heard anything from the lawyers. Has anyone received any notification today?

LotusGenius
10-03-15, 20:26

I am in total despair. I have lost count on the number of times I have chased the developer and even my own lawyers to give me an idea of how long this process will take as I really need to plan ahead, book leave, book flights to come home to Singapore. No one was able or willing to give me any information.

One week ago, the developer said notice of vacant possession for my block (87) would be 10 March. I haven't heard anything from the lawyers. Has anyone received any notification today?

well it is just a matter of few days and the wait will be over.

jolly
10-03-15, 21:14
Hi owner, I own a 3 bedders unit (1076sqft). From the forum discussion, it was highlighted that the bedrooms size are quite small. Any owner who already taken the unit, kindly please advise whether the master bedroom can accomdate a king size bed. Thank you.

nchung
10-03-15, 22:20
Hi owner, I own a 3 bedders unit (1076sqft). From the forum discussion, it was highlighted that the bedrooms size are quite small. Any owner who already taken the unit, kindly please advise whether the master bedroom can accomdate a king size bed. Thank you.

I believe the master bedroom size is about the same for a 2 BR or 3 BR unit. All are TINY. Queen size bed is ideal to give some allowance for walk space or if you need to put small bedside table/s. Putting a king-size bed would be cutting it close, although I guess not impossible. I currently own a king size bed but had to give it up and buy a new queen size bed for HP :-(

woodlanbear
10-03-15, 22:29
I believe the master bedroom size is about the same for a 2 BR or 3 BR unit. All are TINY. Queen size bed is ideal to give some allowance for walk space or if you need to put small bedside table/s. Putting a king-size bed would be cutting it close, although I guess not impossible. I currently own a king size bed but had to give it up and buy a new queen size bed for HP :-(

Same here ...the Master is so tiny...had to get a new Queen size bed for the new apt......well..on a brighter side ...can go shopping for new bedsheets!! :) Hahaha!!

nchung
10-03-15, 22:53

I understand your frustration. I was lucky enough to be in the first batch but even then, the process has not been all smooth sailing. This is an indication of the timeline:

1. Once you receive notice of vacant possession, you need to make payment for 6 months' maintenance fees and surveyors' fees as well as pay the 25% due upon TOP. If you didn't take a bank loan, then it makes the process faster. If you have a bank loan, depending on the bank, they will require approx 5-7 full working days' notice to issue the cashiers' order to your lawyer who will then probably take another day to pass it to the developer's lawyer. Of course as another owner says, you can pay the bank to make the process faster but I guess this depends on the bank too.

2. Once the developer receives all 3 things above, you can then proceed to book an appt date/time to collect your keys, giving 3 days' notice. I managed to circumvent this by checking from my lawyer when the developer is likely to receive the 25% CO (I paid the other 2 by CO to my lawyer earlier) and called immediately to make a booking for a key collection date after the expected date of receipt by the developer. I saved waiting an extra 3 days.

3. Once you collect your keys, immediately call the no given to make an appointment to do joint inspection for defects. This appt may be a few days/week later depending on their schedule. Once you've done the joint inspection, you still need to give them time to rectify the defects, if any (believe me, there are lots!)

4. Who knows? You may be one of the lucky few who don't have many unit defects or are willing to move in first whilst waiting for them to do defect rectification. But generally most people wait for them to rectify the defects first then proceed with their own renovations. This is to avoid them claiming that your contractor is responsible for the defects while carrying out renovation work :-)

5. Having said that, there are owners who move in almost immediately after receiving their keys so it all depends on the individual. Apparently one owner came for key collection with the suitcase and proceeded to move in immediately!

Hope this info helps!

zhaqqie
11-03-15, 00:54
U mean we can only put up this particular colour? First time owner so I have never heard of that.

jolly
11-03-15, 11:14
Important for those installing blinds - the condo has specified the color. Please go to the management office for the color sample and recommended contractor. The color is light grey.

Btw the gym equipment are (mostly?) temporary until the new ones arrive. The management told me there will be free weights.

I doubt the developer has got any say on the color of the blinds which the owner preferred. Every owner has their own preference of their home renovation design. The colour of the blinds are chosen to blend to the home design. For the overall beauty outlook of Hedges Park Condo, developer can recommend or suggest to owner on the colour of the blinds, but it is not a mandatory to comply.

gav108
11-03-15, 11:24
I doubt the developer has got any say on the color of the blinds which the owner preferred. Every owner has their own preference of their home renovation design. The colour of the blinds are chosen to blend to the home design. For the overall beauty outlook of Hedges Park Condo, developer can recommend or suggest to owner on the colour of the blinds, but it is not a mandatory to comply.

what i mean is outdoor blinds for balcony and patio. you can check with the management. for condos, it is quite common for developer management to specify colour for balcony blinds in order to preserve the outside appearance of the condo. this is to prevent multiple coloured blinds and bamboo chicks making the condo look messy and cheap.

gav108
11-03-15, 11:41
what i mean is outdoor blinds for balcony and patio. you can check with the management. for condos, it is quite common for developer management to specify colour for balcony blinds in order to preserve the outside appearance of the condo. this is to prevent multiple coloured blinds and bamboo chicks making the condo look messy and cheap.

i am not sure how hard the management will enforce the colour, but it's to everyone's advantage if the condo's outward appearance is maintained well, and light grey is such a neutral colour that it should fit most reno ideas.

jolly
11-03-15, 12:21
If the blinds is for the balcony or patio, I fully agree that developer should enforce the colour of the blinds to ensure the outlook of HP maintain neat and presentable.

leftrightcentre
11-03-15, 12:22

The key issue is does the MCST have any right to require owners to remove blinds or change the colour? This is not those movable partitions/shades that is cannot be retracted fully.

I don't like using Grey actually. Would have much preferred the brown they used on the side lift block. There's enough Grey on the residential blocks as it is already. A little contrasting colour would be nice.

BTW I got a quote from the vendor proving the approved sample. Not sure what is the market rate but was quoted 1.6k+ for my 2+1 balcony. This is the exact sample roller blind. Not Roman or Venetian type.

While they tried to canvas for business in HPC they did not do their homework to get the dimensions for the few unit types and needed to take measurements. They are also intent on up selling to do the entire internal curtains.

gav108
11-03-15, 12:41
The key issue is does the MCST have any right to require owners to remove blinds or change the colour? This is not those movable partitions/shades that is cannot be retracted fully.

I don't like using Grey actually. Would have much preferred the brown they used on the side lift block. There's enough Grey on the residential blocks as it is already. A little contrasting colour would be nice.

BTW I got a quote from the vendor proving the approved sample. Not sure what is the market rate but was quoted 1.6k+ for my 2+1 balcony. This is the exact sample roller blind. Not Roman or Venetian type.

While they tried to canvas for business in HPC they did not do their homework to get the dimensions for the few unit types and needed to take measurements. They are also intent on up selling to do the entire internal curtains.

2+1 balcony is about 5 metres long? 1.6k sounds expensive to me. Is this the market rate, anyone?

leftrightcentre
11-03-15, 13:11
2+1 balcony is about 5 metres long? 1.6k sounds expensive to me. Is this the market rate, anyone?

It's about 5.1-5.3m long with a side panel about 80-90cm deep? I think the outdoor blinds maybe a bit overkill. Fully water proof but all our units having common nearly NS facing. No direct sunlight no rain as we have a decent extended roof. In fact I was in my unit twice when it rained (once being just some minutes ago with thunder). Hardly any splatter into the balcony.

I also checked with the management. The shuttle device will start once they have about 50% move in.

nchung
11-03-15, 17:25

Hi, leftrightcentre

Can you share the contact details of the vendor providing the approved sample? I went today to ask about the retractable awning but was told that the approved sample for that hadn't come in yet. Anyway, I was told retractable awnings are only going to be approved for ground floor units where the PES is not fully covered. For most ground floor units, the balcony of the unit above provides sufficient shelter so they will not approve the installation of awnings. Not sure if these units are allowed to install the approved outdoor blinds suitable for units with balconies.

nchung
11-03-15, 17:31
Also, once you arrange for your utilities to be turned on, do check by turning on the tap in the kitchen. While it looks ok aesthetically, it's not very functional. Water splashes everywhere so you need to be careful when you turn on the tap. It gets worse if you place your hands under the running water. How to wash dishes or pots like that? Mine is an open plan kitchen - I'm certainly not going to be wiping up the countertop or floors each time I wash up. I'm listing it as a defect!

coolpica
11-03-15, 17:44
Interesting, was informed by the Condo Manager that the function rooms will be without any furniture. So fellow neighbors we will need to rent tables and chairs if we are holding any events. Personally I feel that the least the developer could do is to provide a few tables and chairs for the rooms.

coolpica
11-03-15, 17:59
Also, once you arrange for your utilities to be turned on, do check by turning on the tap in the kitchen. While it looks ok aesthetically, it's not very functional. Water splashes everywhere so you need to be careful when you turn on the tap. It gets worse if you place your hands under the running water. How to wash dishes or pots like that? Mine is an open plan kitchen - I'm certainly not going to be wiping up the countertop or floors each time I wash up. I'm listing it as a defect!

Yes! V irritating design. They should have lowered the tap or raise the height of the sink/increase the width of the sink. Plus the tap is really flimsy and it makes me wonder how long it can last.:beats-me-man:

leftrightcentre
11-03-15, 21:06
This is the numeracy that you can pick up from the management office. The sample is also attached. VB Blind is not the one that came to me. I called them but they couldn't make it and asked one of the reseller/distributor/partner to come over. That companyy is Innova Home Deco. Benjamin 9859 9978 if anyone is interested.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Vendors/DDF6E58D-41CF-4817-90F1-5355452E0968_zps05hh6znt.jpg

Not sure how effective are the tiny holes in ventilating the place.
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/dunspamme/Vendors/0A61A414-5249-4D4E-A6B8-A282475B8A70_zpsumw6ifdl.jpg

Sorry for how the photos look. My room uses very dim warm light.

My water is only going to turned on this weekend so I can’t comment much but on touch, the kitchen tap seems useless (small outlet) and flimsy. It is wobbly. It is Via brand. Not sure where it comes from but certainly a highly budget piece. Even if they replace the tap, it would be the same as it is a design/quality issue. What is the chance that they would replace it with say Bravat to be consistent with the bathroom brands?

makancula
12-03-15, 15:53

Update us after they rectify your defect, if the new tap not splashing, I want to change it, too

woodlanbear
12-03-15, 18:09
HI Guys...need help....are these considered as defects? Or are they normal?
visible fillers in door frames and cracks or gaps in flooring? Thanks
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/20150312_082911_zpsujxdbysy.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/20150312_082911_zpsujxdbysy.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/20150312_090234_zpsehktfmaj.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/20150312_090234_zpsehktfmaj.jpg.html)

nchung
12-03-15, 19:01
Update us after they rectify your defect, if the new tap not splashing, I want to change it, too

I think it will be more beneficial if we work collectively as a group and report this as an issue. They are more likely to listen if more owners report this as a problem. Having said that, I will certainly keep you all updated on the status of this issue with the tap for my unit.

Yuki
12-03-15, 20:55
HI Guys...need help....are these considered as defects? Or are they normal?
visible fillers in door frames and cracks or gaps in flooring? Thanks
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/20150312_082911_zpsujxdbysy.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/20150312_082911_zpsujxdbysy.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/20150312_090234_zpsehktfmaj.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/20150312_090234_zpsehktfmaj.jpg.html)

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html -> got photos to show.

Think yes.

akhran
12-03-15, 22:14
Anyone knows if the stairway require access card to enter? Some condo have their lift and stairway secured behind a access card gate, but access card is not required in the lift.

Thanks.

jolly
13-03-15, 11:53
Developer has already issued out 2nd batch letter to respective lawyer firm On 10 March (Tue). Lawyer firm by right should have send e-mail or contracted the owners. Congratulations owners.

leftfield
13-03-15, 12:25
Anyone knows if the stairway require access card to enter? Some condo have their lift and stairway secured behind a access card gate, but access card is not required in the lift.

Thanks.

Yes, stairway needs access card too. Next time really need to remember to bring access card everywhere we go, once kena locked out, difficult to get back in!

akhran
13-03-15, 14:25
Will the developer change all the doors/furniture pieces with visible fillers? Is this enforced in condo or for hdb only?

Thanks!

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html -> got photos to show.

Think yes.

Yuki
13-03-15, 23:08
Will the developer change all the doors/furniture pieces with visible fillers? Is this enforced in condo or for hdb only?

Thanks!

the list is usable for both condo or hdb. Just that condo has much more things to look out for. This is just a subset. Whether the developer will change will depend.

coolpica
14-03-15, 10:54
Yes, stairway needs access card too. Next time really need to remember to bring access card everywhere we go, once kena locked out, difficult to get back in!
Didn't see any card access for stairways, not at my block.

akhran
14-03-15, 16:56
Scratches/dents on carpentary works like door and cabinets, if they are already filled with fillers, they are not considered defects.

osirisv
14-03-15, 18:09
Hi all,

We just got our keys today and perform an initial inspection.

We have created a overlay sector grid on our floor plan to map out the defects for our unit 2(A) type.
For those who bought the same type as us, attached is a sector grid overlay for 2(A) type in Jpeg, just print and use.

Suggestions
You might wanna look at those areas in addition to the usual defect guide.

1) Kitchen Island Skirting - Panel touching the floor.
2) Kitchen Island panels - Joint area where the panel connects.
3) Fridge area - cupboard laminate work done.
4) On/Off Switch "Mechanical" Condition (Hod, Fridge and etc) inside the cupboard.
5) Open all Toilet Sink cabinet door and look at "all" the carpentry work done inside.

regards.

Happyken
16-03-15, 10:32
Dear all,

I got my keys last week. Electricity and water will be free to use for 3 days. Started to check the defects and realized that the Carpentry works is very bad and full of defects. The rests are still minor and acceptable. Please spend more time on the carpentry defects.

eggie1961
16-03-15, 16:59
Hi, got my keys today. So what is the correct way to write our address?

Blk 89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx S(506890)
Hedges Park Condominium

Or is the "Hedges Park Condominium" redundant?

nchung
16-03-15, 17:20

Blk 89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx S(506890)
Hedges Park Condominium

89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx
Singapore 506890

rymccondo77
16-03-15, 19:39
Note that when you change your address on your NRIC to the new address in Hedges Park, the name of the condominium will not be indicated on the NRIC.

jolly
16-03-15, 20:29
Dear all,

I got my keys last week. Electricity and water will be free to use for 3 days. Started to check the defects and realized that the Carpentry works is very bad and full of defects. The rests are still minor and acceptable. Please spend more time on the carpentry defects.
Very dishearten to hear that many complains on the capentry works. Kindly elaborate more on what type of defects found on the capentry works?

jolly
16-03-15, 20:40

Blk 89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx S(506890)
Hedges Park Condominium

1)Blk 89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx S(506890)
or
2)Blk 89 Flora Drive
#xx-xx Hedges Park
S(506890)
Either one are correct to write for the address. Preference is the 2nd one as postman will identify the place easily when posting letters to the residence.

akhran
16-03-15, 22:05
Do we need to turn-on electricity and water with SP services before the developer start their rectification works? Or should we turn them on only after the developer complete their rectification works?

Thanks.

hedgesalvin
16-03-15, 23:09
Hi dear owners, was there supposed to be free electricity and water upon key collection ? I collected my keys last week but only had the free electricity for three days. There was no free water.
Just wish to clarify with your...

osirisv
16-03-15, 23:11
Hi all,

After my initial inspection I have decided to hire a professional defect inspector to do a full inspection of our house instead.
They are not cheap (from $680 - $1.3k++) but i feel its gonna be money well spent.

regards,

osirisv
17-03-15, 01:24
Hi all,

this old article is quite enlightening.

especially the part about developer representing owner interest during the 12 month warranty period, this seems like a conflict of interest to me. Shouldn't the warranty get extended by 1 year, to allow elected council members who took over to look at the defects, which developer's management might have "conveniently" overlooked? I.e external facade defects, safety concerns and etc.

Regards

Snippet from The Straits Times
By Tan Hui Yee
Correspondent
[email protected]
SUPPOSE you buy a luxury car one day, which comes with a one-year warranty and a paid chauffeur for that period.
There's not much to complain about, as you zip around town in the cool comfort of the passenger seat. After one year, when you finally get the keys, you realise something is wrong. The brakes are not working, the acceleration is not so smooth.

You head back to the car distributor, but he says: 'Sorry, your warranty period is over.'Condominium owners are faced with this conundrum when they move into their new home.Under the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act, the developer acts as the management council for the estate in its first year of existence. The developer has to run the estate, manage its fund – including paying maintenance fees for any unsold apartments – and keep proper accounts to hand over to the homeowners when that period is up. The idea is that the homeowners need some time to settle in and get to know each other, before they can take over the running of the estate. They have the option of calling for a general meeting to elect a council earlier if at least 10 per cent of them request for it. Most choose to wait till the 12 months is up. The problem here is that the developer's guarantee also lasts 12 months. Within this standard defects liability period (DLP), developers are obliged to fix – at their own cost – any defects that arise within the apartments, as well as other parts of the estate. Any defect identified after that period risks being classified as a case of 'natural wear and tear'. The homeowners would have to dig into their own pockets to get it fixed.

Far East Organization – one of the largest developers in Singapore – states in response to queries from The Straits Times: 'Our legal obligation in respect of defects rectification ends upon the expiry of the DLP. Calls from purchasers after the expiry of the DLP, are reviewed on a goodwill basis.' Established developers usually hand over to the condos' management corporations a set of warranties from specialist contractors that would last beyond one year. The rooftop waterproofing, for example, usually comes with a 10-year warranty from its contractor.But getting other defects fixed depends on the owners' luck. Honest developers own up to latent defects which surface a good two or three years down the road, and either rectify them or compensate the condo owners.

Bean-counting developers will go by the letter of the law and refuse to budge. They know – just as much as the owners – that if any party goes public about these defects, it could lower the reputation of the condo just as much the developers'. Getting the defects fixed becomes a game of 'who blinks first'.

When it comes to owning condos, it is better to take the drivers' seat early – than live the next few years in regret.

coolpica
17-03-15, 07:30
Hi dear owners, was there supposed to be free electricity and water upon key collection ? I collected my keys last week but only had the free electricity for three days. There was no free water.
Just wish to clarify with your...

Developer only provides free electricity for 3 days, no water is provided. However if u want to test the conditions of your taps, sinks and toilet bowls, u need to make an appt with SP services via phone to turn on the water supply.

Yuki
17-03-15, 07:45
Hi all,

After my initial inspection I have decided to hire a professional defect inspector to do a full inspection of our house instead.
They are not cheap (from $680 - $1.3k++) but i feel its gonna be money well spent.

regards,

Wah serious? Not cheap. I do know of blogger who can help u keep a look out for out of goodwill lar. At least also experienced n offer u reno tips. U just need to write in to ask for availability.

smellyfish
17-03-15, 09:34
make sure you get your own water and electricity and stress test everything. water very impt to test for ponding. leave aircon on for first 3 days. see any damn spot after that

woodlanbear
17-03-15, 13:03
Hi All , after collected keys, do also pick up your units online Booking System Facilities log in ID from the Management Office
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/online%20booking_zpsgt2cmbpy.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/online%20booking_zpsgt2cmbpy.jpg.html)

As you would need to go online to book the following
Function Rooms (1-2)
BBQ Pits (1 - 6 )
Paddle Boats (1 -2) *Each unit is allowed only 2 hrs per week
Tennis court

However I could not book thru Firefox ....only through IE..

eggie1961
17-03-15, 13:23
Have applied to SP for water and electricity; earliest time they gave me was Friday afternoon. So don't delay. I want to test the water flow before doing a joint inspection. Incidentally, even though electricity was available free for 3 days, my aircon can't be switched on. Same for everyone?

Did a more detailed inspection this morning. Either I'm lucky or else I'm not fussy. Have only a couple of defects; a long scratch on my master bedroom door and a slight gap in one of the parquet tiles. Everything else looks fine except pretty dirty. I don't like the matted parquet; thinking of getting it glossed.

Notice a number of units are already occupied. Wow, these people are fast.

woodlanbear
17-03-15, 13:38
Ya there are scratches on my door too which they already filled up with fillers. Sadly they won't change the whole door.....

During the Joint inspection, you can also arrange for them to fix up your fridge and washer too....and connect your water heaters....as they are not connected yet.

Just say you need it ....if not they will not do it straight away and you will have to come again for another appointment.

zhaqqie
17-03-15, 16:28
hi,

Just to check. After my lawyer release the 25% to developer, do we have to wait for developer to clear the payment of 25% before we collect the key?
Eg my lawyer will release the 25% to developer on 19th Mar, can I arrange to collect key on 23rd or I must still wait for developer side?
Thanks lots

smellyfish
17-03-15, 17:03
hi,

Just to check. After my lawyer release the 25% to developer, do we have to wait for developer to clear the payment of 25% before we collect the key?
Eg my lawyer will release the 25% to developer on 19th Mar, can I arrange to collect key on 23rd or I must still wait for developer side?
Thanks lots

if you pay cash and write a cheque of the 25% to the developer, they would need the cheque to clear. if you are taking a bank loan, the bank will issue a cashier order. the money is considrered received the moment they or their lawyers receive the CO. note, banks normally take about 1 week to process this 25% Cashier order. if you want urgently, need to pay additional processing fee.

For your 6 mth maintenance fee + surveyance fee, likewise if you issue cheque will be slower. if you want to collect keys faster, go bank and get cashier orders. must pay some processing fee though, and you at most speed it up a few days lah

Minion
17-03-15, 18:03
Hi,
I notice that my unit on the 6th floor comes with a half covered balcony. I am not sure what can we do to that since it is exposed to rain and sunshine...anyone has any good suggestion ? is the developer allowing owner to put awning to cover it minimally from rain ?

akhran
17-03-15, 23:17
What is the role of the developer and the construction firm representative during the joint inspection? Are we suppose to convince both what we perceive as defects before they are accepted as such to be rectified?

Thanks.

osirisv
17-03-15, 23:51
Wah serious? Not cheap. I do know of blogger who can help u keep a look out for out of goodwill lar. At least also experienced n offer u reno tips. U just need to write in to ask for availability.

Hi Yuki,

I am sure the blogger you recommend is great.

The company we hired are certified and has an array of Non destructive inspection equipment (fibre optic scope, thermal imaging and etc) to check for things which are not visible to the naked eye. I feel detection of moisture and water leaks behind wall/ceiling are not accurate without proper equipment. We intent to live at hedges park for as long as we can, thus I just wanna make sure all defects are located and fix before we start moving in. I see this as a small investment which will benefit my family in the long run (cost of repair, temporary lodging and any other inconvenience which might arise.)

Personally I have used electrical NDI test equipment (megger meter) in my previous career and have seen the benefits of performing NDI test. Thus, I am more receptive to the concept of preventive maintenance in our home. More importantly I am not knowledgable on building code, so I won't be able to talk to the developer's defect team effectively. Better to left it to the professional.

zhaqqie
18-03-15, 01:50
if you pay cash and write a cheque of the 25% to the developer, they would need the cheque to clear. if you are taking a bank loan, the bank will issue a cashier order. the money is considrered received the moment they or their lawyers receive the CO. note, banks normally take about 1 week to process this 25% Cashier order. if you want urgently, need to pay additional processing fee.

For your 6 mth maintenance fee + surveyance fee, likewise if you issue cheque will be slower. if you want to collect keys faster, go bank and get cashier orders. must pay some processing fee though, and you at most speed it up a few days lah

Thanks!!

Esso99
18-03-15, 09:33
Hi Yuki,

I am sure the blogger you recommend is great.

The company we hired are certified and has an array of Non destructive inspection equipment (fibre optic scope, thermal imaging and etc) to check for things which are not visible to the naked eye. I feel detection of moisture and water leaks behind wall/ceiling are not accurate without proper equipment. We intent to live at hedges park for as long as we can, thus I just wanna make sure all defects are located and fix before we start moving in. I see this as a small investment which will benefit my family in the long run (cost of repair, temporary lodging and any other inconvenience which might arise.)

Personally I have used electrical NDI test equipment (megger meter) in my previous career and have seen the benefits of performing NDI test. Thus, I am more receptive to the concept of preventive maintenance in our home. More importantly I am not knowledgable on building code, so I won't be able to talk to the developer's defect team effectively. Better to left it to the professional.

Hi can you pass me the contact of the professional defect engagement person?

woodlanbear
19-03-15, 13:03
Hi Neighbours

If anyone is interested to install a main gate for your unit, this is the approved design. Cost $880 (All in)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/lizayet/gate_zpsjgb0mtfj.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/lizayet/media/gate_zpsjgb0mtfj.jpg.html)

osirisv
20-03-15, 00:03
Hi all,

Has anyone of you install a digital lock for your main door or gate before, care to share your experience?

I was at my friend's house warming party and saw the Yale digital lock (pin + rfid) which looks pretty cool and functional. She bought it for $299 at home fix, not sure how much it cost to install thou. I read the manual and it can read / accept any existing ISO compliant RFID cards (example: hedges park access card, kopitiam card and etc.).

I was thinking of getting either the Yale or Samsung push/pull digital lock, any advice would be great.

Samsung push pull > m.youtube.com/watch?v=saW-FTWOFmo
Yale digital lock > m.youtube.com/#/results?q=yale%20digital%20door%20lock&sm=1

Thanks and regards

Brisbane81
21-03-15, 20:03
New to this forum and took my keys about 1 week back.
that there are a lot of defect on the door, window frame, balcony door and glass panel.

door- deep scratches and kinks
Window- they fitted a dented window in my master bedroom and the gasket is poorly done.
Balcony door- instead of the black stud, they used black silicon. Missing screw.
Carpentry work is terrible. Damage and crack and chip board they still put it in.

The glass are from china, the rep from lian beng told me when he told me need a month to chance out the glass.

Was quite disappointed with the lousy workmanship.

PDST
22-03-15, 11:46
Has anyone realized that our internal walls are built up of cheap partition (board type) light weight and non sound insulated?

PDST
22-03-15, 11:54
Yes... totally agreed with Bris. We had collected keys yesterday and there are indeed too much of defects! And even the flooring also has deep scratches and unremovable stains!

Brisbane81
22-03-15, 17:28
Yes... totally agreed with Bris. We had collected keys yesterday and there are indeed too much of defects! And even the flooring also has deep scratches and unremovable stains!

Look out for the door and windows. Especially to bubbles. I went to my place and spotted new chip on my tiles. My goodness.... Thought buying from a reputable developer give me a PC of mind but end up it gave me a painful neck(due to shaking of head). Lack of QC.

leftfield
23-03-15, 08:41
It is evident that they were rushing for handover and the quality of work is simply not what you would expect from Hong Leong. I am terribly disappointed as well.

akhran
23-03-15, 09:47
Not to mention lots of 'hollows' in the floor. Sounds hollow when knock on many areas of the floor. Can anything be done about that?

martialsin
23-03-15, 10:21
you have to relay the whole floor if it is tiled.

MrTan
23-03-15, 10:48

can jus change the affected tiles only?

akhran
23-03-15, 10:49
Is the developer obliged to do that or subject to their discretion? What about bedroom flooring with timber?

Thanks.

smellyfish
23-03-15, 11:09
for teak timber flooring is natural to have hollow sound because of the way it is laid.

not for marble or kitchen tiles.

leftrightcentre
23-03-15, 11:31
For those interested, the flooring is actually white oak.

Brisbane81
23-03-15, 12:46
can jus change the affected tiles only?

my tiles are oki so far. This is a first time we are buying a condo and it seem like the quality are worst than some EC.
I think the main contractor also plays a big part.

zhaqqie
24-03-15, 01:17
how can this even be acceptable??

Desmos
24-03-15, 08:43
how can this even be acceptable??

Better get them to repolish the timber floor, my case is even worse they didn't even polish the floor before handing over to me.

They have since re polish my and it is looking good now

zhaqqie
24-03-15, 11:21
hihi,

Ours is city gas right ? so just apply to SP services to on?

eggie1961
24-03-15, 13:57
hihi,

Ours is city gas right ? so just apply to SP services to on?

SP will only turn on electricity and water. You have to go directly to city gas, something I also have to do. However, all billing will be through SP.

leftfield
25-03-15, 08:12
There's a schedule for the release of the units for key collection and the contractor is touching up these units in the release order. So if you have requested for early key collection, please be prepared that the contractor may be rushing through the touching up hence u will likely find more defects.

Brisbane81
26-03-15, 07:34
Dear neighbours, anyone can advise whom to write to in the developer to raise such an issue. After 2 weeks only the minor defects been done and the important one are not even done. The main con is just telling me yes yes, but nothing done. Call the guy in charge but always not be the office and call only return by 6.

Jopeki
26-03-15, 08:45
Dear neighbours, anyone can advise whom to write to in the developer to raise such an issue. After 2 weeks only the minor defects been done and the important one are not even done. The main con is just telling me yes yes, but nothing done. Call the guy in charge but always not be the office and call only return by 6.

What are the major defects? Flooring/tiles?

Brisbane81
26-03-15, 10:45
What are the major defects? Flooring/tiles?

1. delamination of glass
2. Air bubble in the glass panel (Balcony)
3. Deep Scratches and chip on main door and rooms.
4. Dented window frame at toilet
5. damage gasket on window basically all.
6. dented window in master bed room.
7. they chip one of my tiles.

what they did is only carpentry work and hook up my hood. then rest was not even done for a week. I been going on alt days to look at the progress.
need them to rectify quick so I can start my renovation and hand over my current place.

leftrightcentre
26-03-15, 13:12
They are facing resource crunch. One of my living room tile was removed and replaced but sticking out like a sore thumb for nearly 2 weeks still waiting to sand down and polish. Actually no work was done in the last 2 weeks. Not to mention a slew of other issues...

makancula
29-03-15, 11:03
Hello, noob questions here:
1) What are the data points for? (for example on the living room and bedroom, RJ45 port)
2) There is telephone point on the living room, but the port is RJ45 one (usually for computer network, same like the data point above), what is it for?

makancula
29-03-15, 11:35
Hello, noob questions here:
1) What are the data points for? (for example on the living room and bedroom, RJ45 port)
2) There is telephone point on the living room, but the port is RJ45 one (usually for computer network, same like the data point above), what is it for?

I also meant how to use those points? Because I tried to connect like this, but no response:
Fiber Point->Modem->Router->Data Point inside DB. Then: Data Point in bedroom/living room-> PC. But my PC still not connected

akhran
30-03-15, 14:26
There should be a corresponding point in the DB to the each data point in the room. Plug cable into each point in the DB to the LAN switch ports in the router. Then connect the PC in the room to the data point. Should work.

I also meant how to use those points? Because I tried to connect like this, but no response:
Fiber Point->Modem->Router->Data Point inside DB. Then: Data Point in bedroom/living room-> PC. But my PC still not connected

MrTan
30-03-15, 14:39
There should be a corresponding point in the DB to the each data point in the room. Plug cable into each point in the DB to the LAN switch ports in the router. Then connect the PC in the room to the data point. Should work.

need to call opennet and/or subscriber isp to activate the points first?

akhran
30-03-15, 15:04
Don't think need to contact Opennet/ISP for connectivity between the rooms and the network points in the DB. If you connect a PC to a network point in the DB and another PC to the corresponding network point in the room(the points are labelled), they should be able to ping each other. For Internet connectivity, definitely need to subscribe to a ISP and arrange for installation/activation.

Eg.

PC connected to the network points in the room
| | | |
D1-D2-D3-D4 <---network points in the rooms

D1-D2-D3-D4 <--- points in the DB
| | | | <---network cables plugged to router LAN switch ports
----Router----
| <----network cable plugged from router WAN/Internet port to ISP modem
ISP Modem
| <---fiber cable connected between the ISP modem and the Opennet white box
Opennet

need to call opennet and/or subscriber isp to activate the points first?

MrTan
30-03-15, 15:14
Don't think need to contact Opennet/ISP for connectivity between the rooms and the network points in the DB. If you connect a PC to a network point in the DB and another PC to the corresponding network point in the room(the points are labelled), they should be able to ping each other. For Internet connectivity, definitely need to subscribe to a ISP and arrange for installation/activation.

Eg.

| | | |

----Router----
ISP Modem
Opennet

so guess need to check back with ts if he's enquiring about internet or intranet...

makancula
31-03-15, 12:25

Eg.

| | | |

----Router----
ISP Modem
Opennet

As far as I remember, only 1 point at DB. But there are many points outside DB (2 at living room, 2 at bedroom). I will check again though.
But how about the Telephone point which is RJ45?

makancula
31-03-15, 12:28
so guess need to check back with ts if he's enquiring about internet or intranet...

I already have my internet working. So currently what I did is, Fiber point->modem->router (all of them inside DB). Then all my devices are connected via wireless. Not using any wall data point.

Here I want to know how to use Data Point correctly.
As I pointed in my previous post, there is only 1 point at DB, but many points outside DB (I will check again though).
And there is Telephone point at living room, but it's RJ45 not RJ11

Purple73
02-04-15, 20:11
Dear all,
Like to check with u all, if haven't get the key yet, can I go in Hedges Park?

Purple73
02-04-15, 20:25
Anyone know for Blk 79 when can we receive letter of collection key? Thanks.

jolly
03-04-15, 14:25
Dear all,
Like to check with u all, if haven't get the key yet, can I go in Hedges Park?

Depend on the guards on duty. U try to tell them your block and your unit number, they might allow u to go in. Tomorrow around 12 noon I will be there with my contractor, if u n your family would like to enter HPC premises, I can meet ur at the guard house around noon time to sign your in.

Purple73
03-04-15, 15:18
Depend on the guards on duty. U try to tell them your block and your unit number, they might allow u to go in. Tomorrow around 12 noon I will be there with my contractor, if u n your family would like to enter HPC premises, I can meet ur at the guard house around noon time to sign your in.

Thanks Jolly but tomr noon time i can't make it. And like to check with you during correction of key how much do we need to pay the maintenance fee ? thanks.

jolly
03-04-15, 15:59
Thanks Jolly but tomr noon time i can't make it. And like to check with you during correction of key how much do we need to pay the maintenance fee ? thanks.
Sure, no problem. Maintenance fees depend on the shares u are allocated with. Each share is pegged at $50. Example u are allocated with 6 shares, u need to pay (6Χ$50=$300+7%GST=Total $321). $321 per month but developer requested to pay upfront 6 months so initial maintenance fee payment is $1926 to developer. Apart from that, another payment range from $140 to $180 for the survey fee. Owner need to issue out 2 cheques plus bank reimburse of 25% loan amount to developer then only can make appointment to developer to collect the keys. Lawyer firm represent u will advise u of the procedure.

Purple73
03-04-15, 16:13
Sure, no problem. Maintenance fees depend on the shares u are allocated with. Each share is pegged at $50. Example u are allocated with 6 shares, u need to pay (6Χ$50=$300+7%GST=Total $321). $321 per month but developer requested to pay upfront 6 months so initial maintenance fee payment is $1926 to developer. Apart from that, another payment range from $140 to $180 for the survey fee. Owner need to issue out 2 cheques plus bank reimburse of 25% loan amount to developer then only can make appointment to developer to collect the keys. Lawyer firm represent u will advise u of the procedure.

Hi Jolly,
Thanks. But the share meaning what? Currently my unit is 3 rm (1076), so consider how many share.

jolly
03-04-15, 16:26
Hi Jolly,
Thanks. But the share meaning what? Currently my unit is 3 rm (1076), so consider how many share.
1076sqft is equvilant to 100sq meter. So u are considered lucky, u are allocated 6 shares for 100sqmeters. 101sqmeters onward have to pay 7 shares maintenance cost. Mine unit is 1076 sqft also.

Purple73
03-04-15, 17:49
1076sqft is equvilant to 100sq meter. So u are considered lucky, u are allocated 6 shares for 100sqmeters. 101sqmeters onward have to pay 7 shares maintenance cost. Mine unit is 1076 sqft also.

Thanks for the information. Any defects yr unit, based on others said quite a lot of defects.

jolly
03-04-15, 23:26
Thanks for the information. Any defects yr unit, based on others said quite a lot of defects.

Minor defects sure bound to have. Look out on the glue stain from all the doors, main door alignment, scatches, lighting from both toilets functional (3 days electrical provided on the day u collect key), Aircon functional, 3 toilets floor pointing, cabinet alignment, ensure your 3 rooms parquet are evenly laid n not protude, ensure floor n wall tiles not hollow, window rubber seal intact n in good condition, window open n close lever functional(do function check). The rest depends on your Hawkeye to spot. So far my unit defect is very minimal. All very minor type, so no worries the workmanship is OK, not describe as so bad workmanship as others claim.

makancula
04-04-15, 10:56
I already have my internet working. So currently what I did is, Fiber point->modem->router (all of them inside DB). Then all my devices are connected via wireless. Not using any wall data point.

As I pointed in my previous post, there is only 1 point at DB, but many points outside DB (I will check again though).
Mystery solved, apparently there is another box inside DB with multiple Data Point and Telephone Points. And telephone point outside DB is also can be plugged with RJ11. Thanks to all forumer who has helped me.

akhran
05-04-15, 10:07
There is a Facility Usage Fee of S$30 (non-refundable) per booking per session (exclusive of prevailing GST) and the Security Deposit of S$200 (refundable) for BBQ pit and Facility Usage Fee of S$50 (non-refundable) per booking per session (exclusive of prevailing GST) and the Security Deposit of S$200 (refundable) for function room.

Is that the norm? Thought the maintenance of facilities are included in our monthly maintenance fees.

Purple73
05-04-15, 10:58
There is a Facility Usage Fee of S$30 (non-refundable) per booking per session (exclusive of prevailing GST) and the Security Deposit of S$200 (refundable) for BBQ pit and Facility Usage Fee of S$50 (non-refundable) per booking per session (exclusive of prevailing GST) and the Security Deposit of S$200 (refundable) for function room.

Is that the norm? Thought the maintenance of facilities are included in our monthly maintenance fees.

Wa😱 ridiculous...why need to pay those fee for using the BBQ pit & facility. Will check with my thiose where they stay condominium

coolpica
05-04-15, 11:54

Some condo require booking fees as what HP is practicing. For some usage of BBQ pits and Function Rooms are FOC.

zhaqqie
07-04-15, 09:45
Anyone can help? I cant seem to find the lighting point to install lights in the centre of the kitchen and the maid's toilet.

jiyer
07-04-15, 11:19
Hi, is anyone facing issues with hollow sounds in timber floor during defect checking? Getting it retified?

jiyer
07-04-15, 14:17
Here's a defect-checking checklist that we used for Hedges 3BR (1076 sqft) to help any of you with your defect checking.

Also,

BCA Homeowner's guide for defect-checking: https://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/others/home.pdf

BCA guide on timber floors: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/..%5CIquas%5Cgpgs%5CTFlooring%5CTFDesign.pdf

akhran
07-04-15, 15:48
Thank you for the guides.

Does it mean that it is the norm to have hollow (sounding) 'patches' randomly all over the bedroom timber flooring, aka not deemed as a defect?

Here's a defect-checking checklist that we used for Hedges 3BR (1076 sqft) to help any of you with your defect checking.

Also,

BCA Homeowner's guide for defect-checking: https://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/others/home.pdf

BCA guide on timber floors: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/..%5CIquas%5Cgpgs%5CTFlooring%5CTFDesign.pdf

eggie1961
07-04-15, 17:47
Anyone can help? I cant seem to find the lighting point to install lights in the centre of the kitchen and the maid's toilet.

Just had my lights installed today, so I know this. The kitchen and toilets all have false ceilings and the electrical cables are hidden there. Your light contractor will need to punch a hole through the false ceiling (you choose the location) and pull the cables through. Just alert them to the fact that you have false ceiling and they know what to do.

On another note, the concrete hole for my light at my dining area is pretty huge. I installed a 3-lights-in-a-row type of lighting there and the metal piece was unable to complete cover the hole. Looks ugly. The contractor did some patching to make it look better. If i had know about this, I would have chosen a different type of lighting (circular instead which can cover any big holes).

jiyer
08-04-15, 10:24
Thank you for the guides.

Does it mean that it is the norm to have hollow (sounding) 'patches' randomly all over the bedroom timber flooring, aka not deemed as a defect?

I think not, that's my question too to the other home owners in this forum...would be good if others can share their experience.

Purple73
08-04-15, 22:40
Minor defects sure bound to have. Look out on the glue stain from all the doors, main door alignment, scatches, lighting from both toilets functional (3 days electrical provided on the day u collect key), Aircon functional, 3 toilets floor pointing, cabinet alignment, ensure your 3 rooms parquet are evenly laid n not protude, ensure floor n wall tiles not hollow, window rubber seal intact n in good condition, window open n close lever functional(do function check). The rest depends on your Hawkeye to spot. So far my unit defect is very minimal. All very minor type, so no worries the workmanship is OK, not describe as so bad workmanship as others claim.

Hi Jolly,
The 3 day FOC Water & water is it start Frm the day u collect the key?
This weekend are u going down to Hedges Park?

jolly
08-04-15, 23:36
Hi Jolly,
The 3 day FOC Water & water is it start Frm the day u collect the key?
This weekend are u going down to Hedges Park?
Developer only supply electricity but water will not be on. This weekend I might be dropping by to take measurements for my furnitures and carpentry. How about you? You coming this weekend also?

Purple73
09-04-15, 09:10
Developer only supply electricity but water will not be on. This weekend I might be dropping by to take measurements for my furnitures and carpentry. How about you? You coming this weekend also?

Still haven"t collect key yet, u gg dn this Sat or Sunday, if timing ok can I n my family visit yr house. If can't is ok. Thanks.

jolly
09-04-15, 12:11
Still haven"t collect key yet, u gg dn this Sat or Sunday, if timing ok can I n my family visit yr house. If can't is ok. Thanks.
Sure. Saturday is OK. I need to check my schedule so timing I will inform u tomorrow evening.

Yuki
09-04-15, 20:23
Additional renovation resources: Renovation planning checklist:

http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2015/04/renovation-planning-checklist.html

zhaqqie
10-04-15, 09:14
Thanks lots

Just had my lights installed today, so I know this. The kitchen and toilets all have false ceilings and the electrical cables are hidden there. Your light contractor will need to punch a hole through the false ceiling (you choose the location) and pull the cables through. Just alert them to the fact that you have false ceiling and they know what to do.

On another note, the concrete hole for my light at my dining area is pretty huge. I installed a 3-lights-in-a-row type of lighting there and the metal piece was unable to complete cover the hole. Looks ugly. The contractor did some patching to make it look better. If i had know about this, I would have chosen a different type of lighting (circular instead which can cover any big holes).

Purple73
10-04-15, 18:15
Sure. Saturday is OK. I need to check my schedule so timing I will inform u tomorrow evening.

Thanks Jolly.

jolly
10-04-15, 20:57
11/04 Sat at around 1.00pm I will be at my unit. So where shall we meet up so that we can enter the guardhouse together.

Purple73
10-04-15, 21:25
11/04 Sat at around 1.00pm I will be at my unit. So where shall we meet up so that we can enter the guardhouse together.

I will be driving to HP, is it ok will wait for u outside the Flora Drive road before the guard house entrance at 1pm.
Or u have any good suggestion.

jolly
10-04-15, 22:53
I will be driving to HP, is it ok will wait for u outside the Flora Drive road before the guard house entrance at 1pm.
Or u have any good suggestion.

Will do. 1pm I will drive to Flora Road via upper Changi North Rd. See you tomorrow.

Purple73
10-04-15, 22:59
Will do. 1pm I will drive to Flora Road via upper Changi North Rd. See you tomorrow.

Ok, thanks. See u tomr.

eggie1961
11-04-15, 11:02
Anybody knows if there is a car washing point in the car park?

akhran
11-04-15, 13:40
Anyone knows if Hedges Park is BCA QM certified like Livia, Double Bay, NV Residences, etc?

Thanks.

jiyer
12-04-15, 09:12
Anyone knows if Hedges Park is BCA QM certified like Livia, Double Bay, NV Residences, etc?

Thanks.

Hedges is CONQUAS certified as per the builder representative told us during joint inspection.
You can't find hedges in the BCA website for condos listed for QM but can find Inflora by tripartite is registered for QM.

akhran
12-04-15, 21:30
Are you referring to this list ?

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners/listsql/default.asp

Don't see Hedges Park in the list though I can see quite a few Tripartite projects listed there.

Hedges is CONQUAS certified as per the builder representative told us during joint inspection.
You can't find hedges in the BCA website for condos listed for QM but can find Inflora by tripartite is registered for QM.

overthehedge
13-04-15, 17:01
Hi, neighbors.

Just want to share. We moved in about a week ago. Around noon today, my daughter called me and told me that one of the toilet does not stop flushing the water all of the sudden. She said it's been 15 mins already by the time she called me and has not stopped. So I called the Chris from Defects Team, who referred me to Reddy. He said he is not handling defects related to Plumbing, Gas and Electrical. But Reddy does. So I called Reddy. Unfortunately, it's lunch time and he can get someone only around 1:30PM. So I rushed home (I thought the water will overflow the toilet bowl and flood the house). I can still turn off the water valve in the water rise closet, right? Just have to be unlocked. So I went to Management Office. I was told to call Defects team (which I did before going to them, and which I told them) or call PUB. Seriously?

Ok, maybe I came in in an unfortunate timing, it is lunch break I know. But turning off would not even take 2 mins. Anyway, MO told me he will take care and that he will call me. That was 12:35-12:40 noon.

Noone came to unlock the water rise door so the water just happily flush down continuously. Luckily, Reddy is right on time at 1:30PM with the plumber in tow. Fixed it within 15-20 mins. Still haven't got a call from MO.

Around 4pm, I went down again to request the phone activated for the lift access for guest. And I asked why noone came nor called me. He said he was told it is already sorted out (Apparently, he called Defects Team also and was told it is fixed and so he didn't call me back). Yes, it was sorted out, but only after about hour. He could have get someone to turnoff the valve and it will not take more than 5 mins.

What if the water overflowed already? Still have to wait for the plumber? I see no logic there.

zhaqqie
13-04-15, 17:54
hihi,

can i just check where you bought your lights from?
I went to a shop and was told that because ours is all false ceiling, we wun be able to fix those bigger lights.
If needed, the contractor needs to fix an extra board as support.

anyone has any contacts for lights ?
Thanks lots

jiyer
13-04-15, 19:04
Are you referring to this list ?

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners/listsql/default.asp

Don't see Hedges Park in the list though I can see quite a few Tripartite projects listed there.

No, refer to this link https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/projects.aspx
Hedges is not listed but Inflora is for Developer as Tripartite

eggie1961
15-04-15, 08:33
hihi,

I went to a shop and was told that because ours is all false ceiling, we wun be able to fix those bigger lights.

Thanks lots

I bought my lights from Chelsea Lighting (shop is at Jurong East, opp Chinese Garden MRT).

My kitchen & toilet lights are small size round ones. Initially the person installing the lights said he needed to use a "plastic plug" to provide more support. I.e instead of just nailing the fixture to the board, you put another plug inside the ceiling so that the nail goes through both board & plug. In the end, I didn't see him using any; maybe he felt it is able to take the weight. Putting another board inside the false ceiling should be possible and not too difficult, IMHO.

I also found out that the default lights provided for the toilets are sufficiently bright at night. If I had known this earlier, I would have skipped the toilet lights.

Rgds.

nahtam
15-04-15, 10:12
Hi guys. New to this forum. Just wanted to ask how much does the electrical works cost? i.e. for fixing the lights, fans, extra plug points.
I also noticed that the hood in the kitchen doesn't actually suck any smoke. There isn't much suction and I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or its not working properly. Thanks guys.

eggie1961
16-04-15, 11:02
Having stayed for a few days, I realized that my house gets hot very easily even though I don't get direct sun on the windows. So I'm thinking of installing shielding for the glass doors and windows. Has anyone done this? Do we have to use the recommended vendors shown at the management office? What did it cost you?

zhaqqie
16-04-15, 11:11

I bought my lights from Chelsea Lighting (shop is at Jurong East, opp Chinese Garden MRT).

My kitchen & toilet lights are small size round ones. Initially the person installing the lights said he needed to use a "plastic plug" to provide more support. I.e instead of just nailing the fixture to the board, you put another plug inside the ceiling so that the nail goes through both board & plug. In the end, I didn't see him using any; maybe he felt it is able to take the weight. Putting another board inside the false ceiling should be possible and not too difficult, IMHO.

I also found out that the default lights provided for the toilets are sufficiently bright at night. If I had known this earlier, I would have skipped the toilet lights.

Rgds.

akhran
16-04-15, 14:54
Mind sharing which stack/block you are in?

Thanks.

Having stayed for a few days, I realized that my house gets hot very easily even though I don't get direct sun on the windows. So I'm thinking of installing shielding for the glass doors and windows. Has anyone done this? Do we have to use the recommended vendors shown at the management office? What did it cost you?

eggie1961
17-04-15, 09:40
Mind sharing which stack/block you are in?

Thanks.

I'm in block 89, facing the road.

jiangouwang
17-04-15, 10:38
I have one small question.

I have received developer's notice letter from my lawyer, base on which I accepted releasing next 25% payment, and also placed cash order for both servey and maintenance fee and submit them to my lawer this Mon. My lawyer told she will pass them to developer this Tue, and after that I didn't received any update from anyone.

So what is next step ? Can I direct contact developer to make key collection appointment now ?

I was so busy this week so might missed the instruction if it is part of paper notice letter.....

jolly
17-04-15, 15:50
I have one small question.

I have received developer's notice letter from my lawyer, base on which I accepted releasing next 25% payment, and also placed cash order for both servey and maintenance fee and submit them to my lawer this Mon. My lawyer told she will pass them to developer this Tue, and after that I didn't received any update from anyone.

So what is next step ? Can I direct contact developer to make key collection appointment now ?

I was so busy this week so might missed the instruction if it is part of paper notice letter.....
Bank normally will take 5 working days to process the 25% loan payment. If you submitted your cash order on Monday to your lawyer firm, then they will inform the bank to process the 25% loan reimbursement. Lawyer firm respresent you will receive the cash voucher from bank on Monday and they will send it out to developer on Monday same day.
Developer will received the cash voucher on Tuesday afternoon and on Tuesday later noon you can call developer to book appointment on your unit keys collection.

mka
18-04-15, 09:46

Hi,

Hope you have sort out your lighting points.

We have moved into our unit. From our experience, we used the local contractors to fix out lights (the guys who actually run the cables during construction). Very reasonable bunch. Just pay them the installation fees. The plus point is they know exactly where the cable runs and advise if what we want to do is feasible.

We bought our lightings and fans from JB (whole lot cheaper) and get them fix it.

mka
18-04-15, 09:51
hihi,

Thanks lots

We bought our lights from Tampoi Lighting House (JB). Very reasonably priced and the guys there knows what suitable for HDB apartments - did't mention condo so we can bargain much more :)

If you are worried about GST, don't - our GST doesn't comes up more that SGD100.00 Even with that, still cheaper than buying in SG.

mka
18-04-15, 09:54
Anybody knows if there is a car washing point in the car park?

Yes, there are several car washing points. There are taps, but u need to buy the head to turn it on. There are also electrical points for vacuum cleaner if u wish to vacuum your car.

mka
18-04-15, 10:01

the Data Point are 1-1 link. In the DB you will see a corresponding pt for each room clearly marked at Data1.. etc. You will need a switch or the router that have 4 or more RJ45 output. Each output from the router will be patched to individual RJ45 points in the DB (you will need lots of network cable for that. With that you will have wired connection in all rooms.

Alternatively, you can link up on of the room. Thereafter you place a wireless repeater in that room to strengthen the signal.

Telephone point works the same. Its 1-1 too.

myfan
18-04-15, 22:03
Hi, can anyone recommend good & reliable retractable awning supplier?

akhran
19-04-15, 17:32
Any suggestion on ceiling fans for the bedrooms (not the master bedroom)? The bedroom seems to be too small for most typical ceiling fans.

Thanks!

jiangouwang
21-04-15, 10:22
Bank normally will take 5 working days to process the 25% loan payment. If you submitted your cash order on Monday to your lawyer firm, then they will inform the bank to process the 25% loan reimbursement. Lawyer firm respresent you will receive the cash voucher from bank on Monday and they will send it out to developer on Monday same day.
Developer will received the cash voucher on Tuesday afternoon and on Tuesday later noon you can call developer to book appointment on your unit keys collection.

Thanks Jolly. I have contacted developer and made an appointment this week.

nchung
21-04-15, 21:48

We need planning permission from the URA. If there are any owners of ground floor units or those with roof terraces who want to install retractable awnings, please get in touch with me so we can band together and apply as a group. This will also help defray the application cost. It can range from approx $300 to $2200 per unit depending on the no of joint applicants.

leftfield
22-04-15, 07:47
We need planning permission from the URA. If there are any owners of ground floor units or those with roof terraces who want to install retractable awnings, please get in touch with me so we can band together and apply as a group. This will also help defray the application cost. It can range from approx $300 to $2200 per unit depending on the no of joint applicants.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/guidelines/development-control/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/Renovations%20And%20Reconstructions/How%20to%20read%20the%20table/Exemption%20List%20skvivPt6.ashx

Planning permission not needed if awning is < 2m. Read item 28.

nchung
22-04-15, 11:03
https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/guidelines/development-control/~/media/User%20Defined/URA%20Online/Renovations%20And%20Reconstructions/How%20to%20read%20the%20table/Exemption%20List%20skvivPt6.ashx

Planning permission not needed if awning is < 2m. Read item 28.

Sorry, I think it's more relevant for ground floor unit owners of type 2a1 which has a PES exposed area beyond the 2m limit (the other ground floor units can only install blinds and not retractable awnings).

Purple73
22-04-15, 21:42
Hi all, anyone currently staying in HP got the tools to check hollow tiles, I will be collecting my keys (Blk 79) this Friday.
Can I borrow if u all have. Thanks.

myfan
23-04-15, 07:38
Thanks for your reply. Anyone from top floor with open space that intend to install cassette awning? I only need to use the awning during rainy days. Just wondering whether it is good to install or not.

sue2
23-04-15, 15:34
Anyone having any problem with Singtel fibre? I applied in mid March, and they could only install it early June, which means I have no access to internet for three months. When they finally agreed to loan me the Huawei mobile data device, it's not in good working condition either. Bad choice. Should have just go to M1 for broadband

sue2
23-04-15, 15:37
Anyone having any problem with Singtel fibre? I applied in mid March, and they could only install it early June, which means I have no access to internet for three months. When they finally agreed to loan me the Huawei mobile data device, it's not in good working condition either. Bad choice. Should have just go to M1 for broadband

Yuki
23-04-15, 16:12
Hi all, anyone currently staying in HP got the tools to check hollow tiles, I will be collecting my keys (Blk 79) this Friday.
Can I borrow if u all have. Thanks.

This post should be helpful in your defect checking...use coin or marble can do the trick actually.

Those doing reno..where is a checklist.
http://allthingscozyandhomely.blogspot.sg/2015/04/renovation-planning-checklist.html

Purple73
23-04-15, 21:28
This post should be helpful in your defect checking...use coin or marble can do the trick actually.

Those doing reno..where is a checklist.

Thanks Yuki for the information.

eggie1961
24-04-15, 12:27

I have an appt to migrate from my old ADSL to Singtel fibre on 28 Apr; I applied for the migration at end of March. So not sure why you were given in June. I tried to bring it forward, but they were unable find a slot.

There was also an OpenNet appointment fixed for this morning (I have no idea why this was needed). But nobody came. So I hope on the 28th, everything will be able to proceed smoothly.

Anybody else care to share their experience? Makancula?

On another note, anybody can connect reliably to HedgesPark wifi? I can only connect for a couple of mins, after which it drops and than thats it. Sucks.

zhaqqie
26-04-15, 17:40
Hi, anyone knows what is the website to apply for function room? Or just submit physical form? Thanks

tcb
27-04-15, 10:54
Dear Residents,

For approved outdoor balcony roller shades, please contact the approved vendor by management office & architect:
The Curtain Boutique
+65 6846 1128
www.tcb.com.sg
www.fb.com/thecurtainboutique

| CURTAINS | BLINDS | WALLPAPER | SOLAR FILMS | MOTORIZED |

eggie1961
28-04-15, 10:37
I have an appt to migrate from my old ADSL to Singtel fibre on 28 Apr; I applied for the migration at end of March. So not sure why you were given in June. I tried to bring it forward, but they were unable find a slot.

There was also an OpenNet appointment fixed for this morning (I have no idea why this was needed). But nobody came. So I hope on the 28th, everything will be able to proceed smoothly.

Anybody else care to share their experience? Makancula?

On another note, anybody can connect reliably to HedgesPark wifi? I can only connect for a couple of mins, after which it drops and than thats it. Sucks.

Singtel technician just set up my fibre connection. Everything went smoothly and I'm up now. Both wireless and cable connections working fine. Yeah!

akhran
29-04-15, 05:47
Anyone knows if the feeder bus service has started?

Thanks.

overthehedge
04-05-15, 10:27
Be careful, neighbors.

Me and my daughter just got admitted to hospital. We got dengue and our platelets count are dropping.

Before that, we had on/off fever, muscle and joints pain, chills, and fatigue. This went on for 4 days, before the doctor had my daughter's blood tested. Mine is tested in the hospital already (my daughter has the symptoms one day early from me) during the 2nd the blood test. We are admitted, shortly after the results are out. Today is our second day at the hospital.

Kelonguni
04-05-15, 10:38
Be careful, neighbors.

Me and my daughter just got admitted to hospital. We got dengue and our platelets count are dropping.

Before that, we had on/off fever, muscle and joints pain, chills, and fatigue. This went on for 4 days, before the doctor had my daughter's blood tested. Mine is tested in the hospital already (my daughter has the symptoms one day early from me) during the 2nd the blood test. We are admitted, shortly after the results are out. Today is our second day at the hospital.

Take care.

Which floor do you live in?

MrTan
04-05-15, 11:00
Take care.

Mosquitoes got max altitude? Any idea is HP the breeding ground or the developments/areas around it?

Kelonguni
04-05-15, 11:19
Mosquitoes got max altitude? Any idea is HP the breeding ground or the developments/areas around it?

Mosquitoes have got no max altitude, but the absolute number of mosquitoes drops with the increase of each level.

Mosquitoes measure no more than 5mm (including legs). It's quite an effort to fly vertically upwards for dozens of metres, and therefore numbers are reduced at higher levels. Usually the ones in the high floors are blown up by the wind or because they accidentally flew into elevators.

My family members are ultra-sensitive to mosquitoes so I am acutely aware of their presence.

overthehedge
04-05-15, 17:18
Take care.

We are staying in fourth floor. We barely completed our first month since we moved in. So unfortunate. I hope the management office will request fumigation for mosquitoes in HP.

microhdb
04-05-15, 17:27
I think the mosquito breeding coming from inflora, you can always check from nea. I saw HP in red list 1-2 weeks ago, normally I don't go to those places listed in NEA sites. Too bad I did not warn the HP forum here.

The list comes mainly from flora drive (which is the inflora construction site) :
http://www.dengue.gov.sg/subject.asp?id=74

Lian Beng construction has stop work order :
http://www.dengue.gov.sg/subject.asp?id=107

Kelonguni
04-05-15, 19:59
We are staying in fourth floor. We barely completed our first month since we moved in. So unfortunate. I hope the management office will request fumigation for mosquitoes in HP.

Take care. Hope everything turns out fine.

microhdb
08-05-15, 15:33
wow, HP dengue cases shoot up to 12, should be at peak now I think....

Flora Drive (Hedges Park Condominium) 12

Flora Road (Edelweiss Park Condominium) 12

Jopeki
12-05-15, 11:40
Hi all, do you guys happen to have the contact no. of our management office? General observation is that the common area around the lift landing is dirty and not cleaned (lots of dirty shoes marks and stains).

Roarrrr
12-05-15, 12:26
I think they will ramp up the cleaning after most ppl have move in ? Because there's a lot of Reno/ delivery works going on right now. So dirty shoe marks will perhaps be unavoidable for now ba. Just my thoughts :)

axl886
12-05-15, 13:36
Hello.

Just wondering has anyone driven from HP to CBD in morning peak hour traffic, via PIE then ECP? How long does the journey take (assuming no accidents)?

Thanks. :)

SBee
17-05-15, 16:35
Hi all,

I plan to buy a single light bulb for my bomb shelter and get an electrician to install, however I forgot to take a picture of it to know the size and voltage required before I went overseas. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot and appreciate it.

beax
18-05-15, 20:14
Hello any movers you can recommend?

zhaqqie
19-05-15, 16:29
Hi,

I installed an 18V led single bulb and it was enough.

Hi all,

I plan to buy a single light bulb for my bomb shelter and get an electrician to install, however I forgot to take a picture of it to know the size and voltage required before I went overseas. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot and appreciate it.

zhaqqie
19-05-15, 16:39
Hi all,

I am planning to install my curtains.
Can I check where did you guys installed your curtain rail?
As per the picture, did you guys install at point 1 or point 2?

Thanks

eggie1961
19-05-15, 18:58
Hi all,

I am planning to install my curtains.
Can I check where did you guys installed your curtain rail?
As per the picture, did you guys install at point 1 or point 2?

Thanks

For my living room, it is to ceiling (1).
For my bed rooms, it is to glass top (2).

But your curtain vendor should be able to advise you when they come down to take measurements.

microhdb
25-05-15, 08:02
Why developer defects is the worst nightmare

http://propertysoul.com/2015/05/25/developer-defects/

MrTan
25-05-15, 08:59
Why developer defects is the worst nightmare

http://propertysoul.com/2015/05/25/developer-defects/

Why post this under Hedges Park thread? Got any relationship meh?

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 10:03
Why post this under Hedges Park thread? Got any relationship meh?

I read from somewhere that some residents in Hedges Park also face some degree of defective developer work. But in this forum I don't think have any feedback in that direction.

Maybe that's why it is posted here.

MrTan
25-05-15, 11:58
I read from somewhere that some residents in Hedges Park also face some degree of defective developer work. But in this forum I don't think have any feedback in that direction.

Maybe that's why it is posted here.

May...be... But double posting the same article? I jus puzzled why Ms Yip has not posted it as a new thread in here yet.

All new developments will definitely kenna some degree of defective developer work one lah, jus a lot or a little only. Given that there is no feedback in this forum, guess it's not that serious enough to wash dirty laundry in public. Either the defects are minor, or the developer has done a very good job in rectifying them.

Home Lover
25-05-15, 15:09
Hi

Can enlighten who is Ms Yip ? Am lost.

MrTan
25-05-15, 15:19
Hi

Can enlighten who is Ms Yip ? Am lost.

Paiseh. Typo. Ip, not Yip. Author of the blog.

microhdb
25-05-15, 15:25
May...be... But double posting the same article? I jus puzzled why Ms Yip has not posted it as a new thread in here yet.

All new developments will definitely kenna some degree of defective developer work one lah, jus a lot or a little only. Given that there is no feedback in this forum, guess it's not that serious enough to wash dirty laundry in public. Either the defects are minor, or the developer has done a very good job in rectifying them.

From pg 220 to around pg 230 (you are now at pg 243

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php/12590-Hedges-Park-%28D17-99-Years-Leasehold-Tripartite-Developers-Pte-Ltd%29/page220

Kelonguni
25-05-15, 15:29

I suppose whether is new or old both will have some issues. If new development then it could be design flaws, shoddy work or low quality materials used. If older ones it could be something that is not that obvious, maybe chogged or rusty pipes, aircon needs to change, tiles or wall problem, pests, etc.

In short, sure to have some issues need to resolve when buy property. One difference is whether its better to have warranty or not. Ms Ip's view again is its better not to have as some developers will push the blame to contractors.

Nonetheless, one valid view is that for such large investments, its always better to pay for what you get. My concern is it generally should be substantially much more ex if it's built and good. If it's built, poor quality and lowly priced, would you buy?

Home Lover
25-05-15, 15:36
Paiseh. Typo. Ip, not Yip. Author of the blog.

No worries :)

akhran
25-05-15, 19:52
Can anyone help with the model of the fridge used in 3 bedders?

Thanks!

eggie1961
26-05-15, 06:17
Dear neighbours. Please take note that the bathroom windows are translucent and you should install blinds or something to protect your modesty. Especially the ladies.

Thanks.

leftfield
27-05-15, 15:47
Dear neighbours. Please take note that the bathroom windows are translucent and you should install blinds or something to protect your modesty. Especially the ladies.

Thanks.

They are supposed to be frosted. Report as a defect and have them changed.

MrTan
27-05-15, 16:03
They are supposed to be frosted. Report as a defect and have them changed.

Translucent vs frosted - what's the difference?

eggie1961
27-05-15, 21:02
Translucent vs frosted - what's the difference?

Well, frosted glass distorts the image so its difficult to figure out what you are looking at, whereas translucent only blurs the image.
What we have is translucent and not frosted.

microhdb
28-05-15, 09:07
If I remember correctly, D'nest by CDL also has translucent toilet (during showroom that time). Looks like they are trying to save cost, by right condo should be move in condition (only need to fix the lighting), now you still need to find contractor to get rid of the translucent toilet window.

overthehedge
28-05-15, 20:03
Hi Neighbors, have you noticed the many millipedes (or is it centipedes) crawling the pathways of our estate? Most evident in the morning. Is that normal? Most are small but some seems to grow bigger every day. I feel uncomfortable seeing those. Are they safe to be around? I mean, one or two is fine. But they are so many.

eggie1961
29-05-15, 05:56
Hi Neighbors, have you noticed the many millipedes (or is it centipedes) crawling the pathways of our estate? Most evident in the morning. Is that normal? Most are small but some seems to grow bigger every day. I feel uncomfortable seeing those. Are they safe to be around? I mean, one or two is fine. But they are so many.

I've not noticed anything, but are you sure you are not seeing caterpillars instead? In which case, they are no danger to anyone.

Elements
31-05-15, 22:49
will any kind souls here share with a photo (or two), how does your varnished solid timber flooring looks like? mine looks ridiculously like a joke... I can't even tell that it is a timber flooring despite repeatedly reassured by the defects repair guy.

I will try to post a few of my own flooring photos once I got some really nice shots. thanks.

Yuki
31-05-15, 23:00
will any kind souls here share with a photo (or two), how does your varnished solid timber flooring looks like? mine looks ridiculously like a joke... I can't even tell that it is a timber flooring despite repeatedly reassured by the defects repair guy.

I will try to post a few of my own flooring photos once I got some really nice shots. thanks.

I am curious how it looks like.

I hope it doesn't look like the defects photos shown in this post.

http://www.diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html

overthehedge
03-06-15, 11:46
I am curious how it looks like.

I hope it doesn't look like the defects photos shown in this post.

http://www.diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hdb-defect-checking-revisited.html

Ours look like this.

Kelonguni
03-06-15, 14:52
Ours look like this.

Looks pretty unfinished yet. Scary indeed. Must tell the developers to develop properly most importantly. Rush must also ensure quality. Maybe the next law that Mr Khaw should look into is to ensure that developers really produce decent work before handover.

overthehedge
03-06-15, 17:31
Anyone having difficulty closing/locking the front door? Ours need a hard nudge multiple times before the bolt can be turned/locked (both from inside and outside). Happening quite frequently now and it's so annoying especially if you are rushing to work. It used to be ok, 2 month ago. I am asking the defects team to check. Just wondering if we are the only one having this issue?

sue2
03-06-15, 23:02
I've exactly the same problem. Having problem to lock or unlock it. I'm from Blk 79. Asked the contractor to fix it once and now it's back to the same problem again. There's a good side to it, when someone tried to break in, he failed after many attempt. Will update u guys again when it's more appropriate.

axl886
04-06-15, 10:05
Hi. Am among the last batch of owners to collect keys in early May, and joint inspection was on 15/5. Went to check it last weekend and there was NO rectification works done whatsoever.

Have misplaced the A4 sheet listing all the important contact #s unfortunately. Can anyone provide the # for the developer's I/C for HP please? Thanks.

Brisbane81
08-06-15, 09:40
Singtel technician just set up my fibre connection. Everything went smoothly and I'm up now. Both wireless and cable connections working fine. Yeah!

HI, it the cable working well on all the data point? if yes, can you let me know how or a picture can be helpful.? right now, my modem is connected to one of the point in the living hall for my wifi, thus i.e only that point can be use. if I need to use anm cable point, I got to shift my lan cable in between point.

Brisbane81
08-06-15, 09:52
Guys, for those that wish to install the wall paper for your house, suggest you do not go to the Wall story. the workmanship is so lousy, the team came with 4 men, and only 1 Chinese and 1 bangala is working the rest will be talking a walk around the estate.
Tried calling the sale person but the attitude so a 180degree change when we show him the lousy workmanship via whatapps and the attitude on the phone. Lousy workmanship can be rectify but not lousy attitude. been almost 1 week and still not sound no picture from their end.

For those who had done, it. please check at the corners and the joints.

eggie1961
08-06-15, 10:50
HI, it the cable working well on all the data point? if yes, can you let me know how or a picture can be helpful.? right now, my modem is connected to one of the point in the living hall for my wifi, thus i.e only that point can be use. if I need to use anm cable point, I got to shift my lan cable in between point.

Hi. Not sure I understand what you are saying. You don't really need to connect your modem to any point if you only need wifi.

Anyway, here is what my panel looks like. Point 1 is for Singtel mio and Point 4 is to the room where my desktop computer is.
Of course, I also have connect my desktop using a cable to the D4 point in the room.

Brisbane81
09-06-15, 17:28
Hi. Not sure I understand what you are saying. You don't really need to connect your modem to any point if you only need wifi.

Anyway, here is what my panel looks like. Point 1 is for Singtel mio and Point 4 is to the room where my desktop computer is.
Of course, I also have connect my desktop using a cable to the D4 point in the room.

Hi, many thanks. yup this is what im referring.
now got to buy a phone and short out the telephone line. appreciated your help.

zhaqqie
03-07-15, 01:34
Hi all,

Anyone can advise. We paid the 6 month maintenance fees when we first got our keys, how about subsequent payments?
How do we go about from here? Thanks

EK@East
13-07-15, 18:37
Hi,

Anyone using Starhub dual brandband plans? Any ideas on its reliability or whether it is stable?

Thanks in advance.

Brisbane81
16-07-15, 07:50
Hi,

Anyone using Starhub dual brandband plans? Any ideas on its reliability or whether it is stable?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using it. So far so good.

Brisbane81
16-07-15, 07:52
Anyone knows for how long can I get the developer to do up the defect works.? I had got them to work on my main door for 6 times and it still the same. Guess the quality is bad. It just start cracking on the edges and after getting them to rectify it, it still the same and crack line just appearing again after weeks.

Brisbane81
16-07-15, 07:54
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Guess don't have to worry too much on this..... When they need the money they will let you know.

Obi
22-07-15, 17:46
Hello.
I need advise on how to follow up with the defect ratification work apart from filling in the defect form provided by the management.

As like some of you who have shared, I'm facing similar experience - no action taken from developer/contractor for weeks to more than a month. When they do come, another havoc created eg. more scratches found, door frames gets more dents, replaced tiles doesn't seem to be align ... lots more.

Anyone sharing the same predicament like to get in touch?

J霖
03-08-15, 19:53
This project is hopeless. I have spotted more than 100 over defects but yet to submit. Think will let go the unit upon rectify.

blueysmurfy
18-08-15, 22:14
LET'S ALL SUBMIT COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE RIDICULOUSLY TINY RUBBISH CHUTES! It's so f@#$@# tiny that you cannot even throw one small bag of rubbish inside! And Tripartite doesn't even have a website to contact them. I just submitted complaints separately to Hong Leong and CDL. Am so f@#$@ PISSED!

mka
19-08-15, 11:03
LET'S ALL SUBMIT COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE RIDICULOUSLY TINY RUBBISH CHUTES! It's so f@#$@# tiny that you cannot even throw one small bag of rubbish inside! And Tripartite doesn't even have a website to contact them. I just submitted complaints separately to Hong Leong and CDL. Am so f@#$@ PISSED!

Hi all, a group of residents have come together last week and will do again on 29th August @ 10 am - function room. All residents are welcome & encouraged to attend. Let's do this collectively.

Mkhairman
06-09-15, 22:44

Hi, have you installed your awning? I have just moved in and looking for an awning supplier. I'm on the 8th floor with open balcony. Do you have a supplier to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Arcachon
07-09-15, 07:42
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1631212370466858/

Hedges Park Condominium @ Flora Drive D17 owner wanted to admin Closed Facebook group.

Have been creating Facebook group for owner and notice Hedges Park Condominium Facebook group is a open group(interesting).

Owner are discussing in forum instead in Open group https://www.facebook.com/groups/660909607267225/.

Don't worry about the defect, it is normal.

myfan
07-09-15, 11:00
Hi, have you installed your awning? I have just moved in and looking for an awning supplier. I'm on the 8th floor with open balcony. Do you have a supplier to recommend? Thanks in advance.

I have installed retractable awning.
You can find the contact from http://alfresco.com.sg/

Brisbane81
17-09-15, 17:56
Hello.
I need advise on how to follow up with the defect ratification work apart from filling in the defect form provided by the management.

As like some of you who have shared, I'm facing similar experience - no action taken from developer/contractor for weeks to more than a month. When they do come, another havoc created eg. more scratches found, door frames gets more dents, replaced tiles doesn't seem to be align ... lots more.

Anyone sharing the same predicament like to get in touch?

I had the same experience when they come. they will created other issue like chipping my tile, stained on the wooden flooring and etc. The main door is the most irritating issue ass the quality is so lousy. I had done my rectification for the 6time and it still like that, then when I make noise, the hong leong rep will call me and give so much bullshit.

Brisbane81
17-09-15, 18:02
Anyone having difficulty closing/locking the front door? Ours need a hard nudge multiple times before the bolt can be turned/locked (both from inside and outside). Happening quite frequently now and it's so annoying especially if you are rushing to work. It used to be ok, 2 month ago. I am asking the defects team to check. Just wondering if we are the only one having this issue?

I also.... got to bang the door really hard before the alignment can happen. it is the alignment issue. the door is really is of poor quality. so many china items.