PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons of 20yr Old Condo

dingding
10-12-11, 15:04
hello to all the seasoned pple...

pls enlightened...what to look out for?

ikan bilis
10-12-11, 19:15
Ummm.... 20yr old condo... let me guess hor....

pros
- cheap cheap
- established estate, amenities
- big big rooms
- no bay windows, no big balcony, no big aircon ledge, no planter, no big space at entrance. In short, no makan-ed by developer

cons
- toilet leaking, repairing/renovation needed. extra ca$h when buying
- more financing/refinancing problems, for you or for next buyer
- don;t know about the fengshui or got people kena murdered inside before...
- buy old old 20yr condo also damn malu/ashame 1... cannot throw a big big house warming party to show off... must hide...

:D

...please add on to the list....

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:19
Please see updates in bold below.

Ummm.... 20yr old condo... let me guess hor....

pros
- cheap cheap
- established estate, amenities
- big big rooms
- no bay windows, no big balcony, no big aircon ledge, no planter, no big space at entrance. In short, no makan-ed by developer
- Neighbours' kids would have grown up by now, so you might see more chiobu in your estate

cons
- toilet leaking, repairing/renovation needed. extra ca$h when buying
- more financing/refinancing problems, for you or for next buyer
- don;t know about the fengshui or got people kena murdered inside before...
- buy old old 20yr condo also damn malu/ashame 1... cannot throw a big big house warming party to show off... must hide...
- Previous chiobu would have already grown old by now, so you might see more aunties in your estate

:D

...please add on to the list....

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:33
The biggest headache I had when I bought my 17 year old condo was the leaking problem that my neighbor downstairs had been complaining about. Apparently the tenant turned a deaf year to all those complaints coz he's only a tenant. When I bought the unit, I had to spend $$ to repair that leakage. However, after 4 months, the leak came back. It persisted for about 1.5 years before I decided to do a thorough reno and redid the water proofing at the kitchen area before the problem was completely arrested.

Then one of my room started to leak whenever it rained. The water proofing problem again but this time its the management's problem. They simply told me the next time they refurbish the walls, they'll redo the water proofing. So in the mean time, I had to live in a room that leaked whenever it rained. Lol! :scared-4: Use an umbrella even when I'm home... Lol!

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:39
The biggest headache I had when I bought my 17 year old condo was the leaking problem that my neighbor downstairs had been complaining about. Apparently the tenant turned a deaf year to all those complaints coz he's only a tenant. When I bought the unit, I had to spend $$ to repair that leakage. However, after 4 months, the leak came back. It persisted for about 1.5 years before I decided to do a thorough reno and redid the water proofing at the kitchen area before the problem was completely arrested.

Then one of my room started to leak whenever it rained. The water proofing problem again but this time its the management's problem. They simply told me the next time they refurbish the walls, they'll redo the water proofing. So in the mean time, I had to live in a room that leaked whenever it rained. Lol! :scared-4: Use an umbrella even when I'm home... Lol!

That's why cannot buy ulu located 99LH units no matter how cheap. Cannot sell when you encounter such problems 20 years down the road.

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:48
That's why cannot buy ulu located 99LH units no matter how cheap. Cannot sell when you encounter such problems 20 years down the road.Good thing mine was a FH near MRT so no problem... Lol!

sh
10-12-11, 19:49
FH yes, LH No.

FH you're buying land

LH you're buying what's left of the land

hyenergix
10-12-11, 19:50
Good thing mine was a FH near MRT so no problem... Lol!

I tot it was a good thing for the previous owner to unload to you. You bought it because it is FH and near MRT right? :tongue1:

ysyap
10-12-11, 19:53
I tot it was a good thing for the previous owner to unload to you. You bought it because it is FH and near MRT right? :tongue1:Oh yes.. absolutely true also when I unloaded it to the next person who bought for the exact same reason but paid 30% more than what I paid for... Lol! :cool-punk-headbange :tongue2:

Geylang OKT
10-12-11, 21:11
Really cheo kar pengz rah rah latecomers to the property scene always suffer :D

ysyap
11-12-11, 11:21
Must always have latecomers to keep the system going wat... these latecomers will then hope for even later comers... Lol! :) Its an ecology by itself... :cheers1:

Douk
11-12-11, 19:12
That's why most buyers go new launch..:D

Geylang OKT
11-12-11, 20:31
early birds get the best deals :D

average folks skim off the remaining leftover profits :)

latecomers die pain pain :scared-3: :doh:

ikan bilis
11-12-11, 21:18
early birds get the best deals :D

average folks skim off the remaining leftover profits :)

latecomers die pain pain :scared-3: :doh:

...umm.... you talking about your geylang meimei ??... :scared-4: :scared-5:

Geylang OKT
11-12-11, 21:26
...umm.... you talking about your geylang meimei ??... :scared-4: :scared-5:

property or mei mei same same lah.

early is freshest :D