PDA

View Full Version : 99 years leasehold Landed property

wt_know
10-12-11, 07:12
hi guys,

any recomendation for 'value for money' 99 years 'leasehold' landed property?

considerations
1. leasehold - within my budget which is < $1.5M (as low as possible)
2. not very old since i am looking at 99 years - <15 years possible? or 20 years?
3. location - as this budget, i would not expect prime area

will start to monitor the price movement for 6 months :D

thanks!!!

samsara
10-12-11, 07:49
I did a quick search on PropertyGuru. Based on the criteria that you have specified, you may want to try:

a. Villa Verde
b. Westwood Park
c. Westville
d. Loyang Villas

The rest of the 99-year LH terrace houses are all going for more than $1.5m.

hi guys,

considerations
2. not very old since i am looking at 99 years - <15 years possible? or 20 years?

thanks!!!

Montaigne
10-12-11, 07:51
hi guys,

considerations

thanks!!!
At this price, why not go for freehold? Edited: sorry I didn't read "landed" is what u want. I thought u mean any pte property.

Montaigne
10-12-11, 07:53
I understand that LH landed is a NO NO... why die die must stay in landed? A FH condo is better than a LH landed. I think I have asked this question b4..

jwong71
10-12-11, 09:58
loyang villas road are narrow, and worse with cars parked along/outside

devilplate
10-12-11, 10:17
I understand that LH landed is a NO NO... why die die must stay in landed? A FH condo is better than a LH landed. I think I have asked this question b4..
It cud be a gd time to buy 99lh landed nxt yr.....i am actually eyeing...expecting more den 40% discount .....99lh landed cost 3xxpsf land....y not? Hohohoho

Remember 99lh ppty drop the most during downturn.....hohoho

Happy shopping ! Bestest dragon year ever!

mantrix
10-12-11, 10:28
cluster landed even cheaper. Since going to stay in a landed might as well enjoy some facilities?

I heard Cabana around 1.4M and Greenwood around 1.8M...

hyenergix
10-12-11, 10:30
It cud be a gd time to buy 99lh landed nxt yr.....i am actually eyeing...expecting more den 40% discount .....99lh landed cost 3xxpsf land....y not? Hohohoho

Owners will raise price by 50% then give you 40% discount. No retrenchment no real firesale. Government and many companies are still giving pay rise early next year. I will be visiting showflats today to take a look at the situation.

rattydrama
10-12-11, 11:13
best is lh landed amongst fh landed.

bullman
10-12-11, 12:23

It depends on the length of land lease left as well. For a more accurate calculation, you can consider psf/ lease of land.

devilplate
10-12-11, 12:44
It depends on the length of land lease left as well. For a more accurate calculation, you can consider psf/ lease of land.
I will b looking at those wif more den 80yrs left

Tks bro for sharing :)

samuelk
10-12-11, 12:49

yeah . I know people who bought at low and sold at 1.43 mil to make a 600k profit at villa verde. Still the most sort after at cck:)

wt_know
10-12-11, 13:01
yeah, this is the worst thing about landed property

loyang villas road are narrow, and worse with cars parked along/outside

jwong71
10-12-11, 13:05
yeah, this is the worst thing about landed property
I rang up for viewing and next moment cancel it off after I went recce

wt_know
10-12-11, 13:05
i think FH condo $1.3M can only buy about 1000-1100 square feet unit

wt_know
10-12-11, 13:10
i just wish to get a unit that is value-for-money as this will be my biggest plunge

i look at LH condo and feel not 'worth' that value that close to $1M ... personal view only ... no offense to all

radha08
10-12-11, 19:03
Owners will raise price by 50% then give you 40% discount. No retrenchment no real firesale. Government and many companies are still giving pay rise early next year. I will be visiting showflats today to take a look at the situation.

please update us about your visit..;)

sh
10-12-11, 19:58

I'm curious. why is LH landed no no but LH condo OK?:confused:

blackjack21trader
11-12-11, 18:17
cluster landed even cheaper. Since going to stay in a landed might as well enjoy some facilities?

how much is their maintenance fees?

samsara
11-12-11, 18:31
The general consensus (not that I agree with it) is that LH condos have greater opportunity for en-bloc sales compared to LH landed. The converse of that is the lower risk of holding LH condos versus LH landed for the long-term (limited leasehold tenure means the clock is ticking quickly).

I'm curious. why is LH landed no no but LH condo OK?:confused:

samsara
11-12-11, 18:36
The term "better" is subjective. It depends on what criteria one uses for the comparison - capital appreciation potential, lifestyle, built-in space, facilities, or even a varying combination of these?

One man's meat is another man's poison. To each his own.

The important thing is that one goes in with his eyes wide open and carries out adequate research to ascertain the suitability of his purchase based on his personal (and family's) needs and wants.

sh
11-12-11, 18:43
The general consensus (not that I agree with it) is that LH condos have greater opportunity for en-bloc sales compared to LH landed. The converse of that is the lower risk of holding LH condos versus LH landed for the long-term (limited leasehold tenure means the clock is ticking quickly).

Based on your arguement, FEO's freehold turned leasehold developments like shore and scotts tower is even more no no.....:tsk-tsk: even the mixed use developments like bedok residences is no no too.

For long term investment. I will avoid LH altogether. Land is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate.... Buy the FH you can afford... even if it's an MM compared to a larger LH.

hyenergix
11-12-11, 21:04
Based on your arguement, FEO's freehold turned leasehold developments like shore and scotts tower is even more no no.....:tsk-tsk: even the mixed use developments like bedok residences is no no too.

For long term investment. I will avoid LH altogether. Land is supposed to appreciate, not depreciate.... Buy the FH you can afford... even if it's an MM compared to a larger LH.

99LH from FH land are the lowest class of land in Singapore, worse than 99LH from GLS.

Geylang OKT
11-12-11, 21:08
99LH from FH land are the lowest class of land in Singapore, worse than 99LH from GLS.

Folks can buy a 2 bedroom inter-terrace house at Geylang Lorong 3 for a mere $100k. It is close to 800sqft I think.

Of course, the catch is that they only have 9 to 10 years left before the govt cheong kong back :D :D :D

hyenergix
11-12-11, 21:19
Folks can buy a 2 bedroom inter-terrace house at Geylang Lorong 3 for a mere $100k. It is close to 800sqft I think.

Of course, the catch is that they only have 9 to 10 years left before the govt cheong kong back :D :D :D

What type of project will government launch in Geylang Lorong 3? Sex-education agency? Most likely the government will just ask the existing owner to top up the lease or re-sell as GLS.

Geylang OKT
11-12-11, 21:24
What type of project will government launch in Geylang Lorong 3? Sex-education agency? Most likely the government will just ask the existing owner to top up the lease or re-sell as GLS.

Ahem. I mean the entire devt, not just one terrace house. Some 200 or so of these units. To say their address is Geylang Lor 3 is quite misleading (but that is the valid address). These terraces are nearer to Upper Boon Keng Road :D :D :D

hovivi
11-12-11, 21:30
Before you buy, go check out the condition of those landed with remaining leases for 30-40 years... Then compare with freehold of the same age...

hyenergix
11-12-11, 21:32
Ahem. I mean the entire devt, not just one terrace house. Some 200 or so of these units. To say their address is Geylang Lor 3 is quite misleading (but that is the valid address). These terraces are nearer to Upper Boon Keng Road :D :D :D

Not easy to relocate red light district. Another GRC might be lost if that happens.

samsara
11-12-11, 21:50
You might wish to refer to Section 84E of the Land Titles (Strata) Act of Singapore which applies to "a collective sale by the Subsidiary Proprietors who own registered leasehold tenure of at least 850 years or other tenure in flats not registered under this Act but do not own land".

Specifically, subsection (4) states "The proprietor of the land referred to in subsection (2) shall be deemed to have transferred his estate and interest in the land to the purchaser without consideration upon the registration by the Registrar of the transfers of all the flats in the development and the Registrar shall enter a notification of the vesting of the land in the purchaser on the land-register."

In plain English, it means that the owner of the FH land from which a 999-year LH project was carved will have to surrender the full rights to the land to the purchaser in the collective sale.

There have been several landmark cases where the FH land title holder contested the forced transfer but lost.

There is no telling whether a similar statute might be created for cases where 99-year LH is carved out of a FH land title.

hyenergix
11-12-11, 22:04
You might wish to refer to Section 84E of the Land Titles (Strata) Act of Singapore which applies to "a collective sale by the Subsidiary Proprietors who own registered leasehold tenure of at least 850 years or other tenure in flats not registered under this Act but do not own land".

Specifically, subsection (4) states "The proprietor of the land referred to in subsection (2) shall be deemed to have transferred his estate and interest in the land to the purchaser without consideration upon the registration by the Registrar of the transfers of all the flats in the development and the Registrar shall enter a notification of the vesting of the land in the purchaser on the land-register."

In plain English, it means that the owner of the FH land from which a 999-year LH project was carved will have to surrender the full rights to the land to the purchaser in the collective sale.

There have been several landmark cases where the FH land title holder contested the forced transfer but lost.

There is no telling whether a similar statute might be created for cases where 99-year LH is carved out of a FH land title.

FEO is not tt dumb. It must have been v sure tt it has an iron grip on e FH land. If not it would have sold it as FH n not 99LH which will lower e price n appeal.

samsara
11-12-11, 22:10
It is not about FEO being dumb or smart. The amendments to the Land Titles (Strata) Act were made quite recently, in Dec 2005. Urban renewal directions can result in adjustments in regulations and statutes. This is something which even FEO cannot avoid.

FEO is not tt dumb. It must have been v sure tt it has an iron grip on e FH land. If not it would have sold it as FH n not 99LH which will lower e price n appeal.

hyenergix
11-12-11, 22:38
It is not about FEO being dumb or smart. The amendments to the Land Titles (Strata) Act were made quite recently, in Dec 2005. Urban renewal directions can result in adjustments in regulations and statutes. This is something which even FEO cannot avoid.

I believe those properties were launched after 2005. E.g. The Shore Residences in 2009.

http://flathopper.wordpress.com/tag/freehold-conversion/

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/The+Shore+Residences+comes+to+Amber+Road/

Geylang OKT
11-12-11, 23:32

Samsara or संसार, is the "cycle of birth, life, death, rebirth or reincarnation"..... you must either be an indian or a buddhist :D

samsara
12-12-11, 08:18
Yes, they were launched after 2005. The point that I was trying to put across is there is a possibility that the government may make changes to the the Land Titles (Strata) Act to cover even those 99LH carved out of FH titles.

Disclaimer: I am not vested in any of the 99LH carved out of FH titles projects. :D

I believe those properties were launched after 2005. E.g. The Shore Residences in 2009.

http://flathopper.wordpress.com/tag/freehold-conversion/

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/The+Shore+Residences+comes+to+Amber+Road/

samsara
12-12-11, 08:23
I am chinese, born and bred in SG, not a Buddhist either.

What is interesting about Samsara is that it is a cycle, a circle with no beginning and no end. Yet there are countless beginnings and endings within. We are limited by our awareness in our present forms and perceive only what our limited awareness allows us to see.

Samsara or संसार, is the "cycle of birth, life, death, rebirth or reincarnation"..... you must either be an indian or a buddhist :D

phantom_opera
12-12-11, 08:26
I am chinese, born and bred in SG, not a Buddhist either.

What is interesting about Samsara is that it is a cycle, a circle with no beginning and no end. Yet there are countless beginnings and endings within. We are limited by our awareness in our present forms and perceive only what our limited awareness allows us to see.

You are better than most Buddhists ;)

Geylang OKT
12-12-11, 09:18
or nee tau fu

proud owner
12-12-11, 20:57
Yes, they were launched after 2005. The point that I was trying to put across is there is a possibility that the government may make changes to the the Land Titles (Strata) Act to cover even those 99LH carved out of FH titles.

Disclaimer: I am not vested in any of the 99LH carved out of FH titles projects. :D

maybe the Act applies only to LH carved out of 999 LH land?

dont think it applies to FH land

kane
12-12-11, 21:37

Cabana is $2m. Whichever agent told you $1.4m is trying to con you for your contacts. Heh.

Geylang OKT
12-12-11, 22:24
screw the evil bugger! :D

radha08
30-03-12, 01:45
what about kew area is that worth considering...with upcoming erl..:cool:

lajia
14-04-12, 20:38
Cluster house could be an alternative depending on your lifestyle. it dont give you those large master bed room but at least the rooms are larger than those you can find in condo. furthermore, because foreigner cannot easily buy which means the price is not sky high as compared to LH condo. LH condo 1100+ sqft could easily be 1mil or a 1500+ can be in range of 1.6mil. either the price of condo would fall, or simply the gap between landed (be it cluster house or terrace) would raise...

buy for own staying is a good investment as well.

just my opinion.

so have you found yours...;)

int3l
02-05-12, 16:58
hmm. anyone knows if 99lh at sembawang beach there is worth buying? they are generally new and have good features like lifts that I require. will the price go up much in the future or it will just remain or even depreciate due to its 99lh?

Blue
02-05-12, 18:18
hmm. anyone knows if 99lh at sembawang beach there is worth buying? they are generally new and have good features like lifts that I require. will the price go up much in the future or it will just remain or even depreciate due to its 99lh?

Why buy 99LH when you can get freehold at the same or slightly higher price? Why give other potential buyers the reason to reject buying your hse in future?

Trying looking around say near sembawang shopping centre, where you can find freehold nice ones at similar price!

realestates1
21-05-12, 14:25
Thanks for this information.

danieltangtc
22-05-12, 01:47

I reckon if you were to buy the FH house at sembawang beach, eg andrews ave, jln janggus, jln machang, 1000-1110 sembawang road etc.

Then add construction cost of $250psf. add your own lift and pool. You still save money.

Having said that, shoreline residence is really nice:cheers4: can copy their ID

danieltangtc
22-05-12, 01:48
I reckon if you were to buy the FH house at sembawang beach, eg andrews ave, jln janggus, jln machang, 1000-1110 sembawang road etc.

Then add construction cost of $250psf. add your own lift and pool. You still save money.

DC33_2008
22-05-12, 10:16
This place sounds like very far from city. Can be a weekend home?

buttercarp
22-05-12, 11:41
This place sounds like very far from city. Can be a weekend home?
Expensive weekend home!
So ulu, no car can forget it.
Inconvenient if you have grown up kids who use bus to get around.

Blue
24-05-12, 17:16
If want weekend home cheap cheap, might as well buy Iskandar. :doh:

lajia
24-06-12, 10:31
Dense City can be Green (in today's paper)...which means, high rise is the way to go. Therefore, be it LH or FH, landed is the way to go :p

DC33_2008
24-06-12, 17:20
IMO, landed property has tied be FHA. Otherwise, not worth owning one.
Dense City can be Green (in today's paper)...which means, high rise is the way to go. Therefore, be it LH or FH, landed is the way to go :p

lajia
24-06-12, 17:40

Pardon me, what FHA?

DC33_2008
24-06-12, 17:52
Mia-type: I meant landed has to be FH.
Pardon me, what FHA?

lajia
24-06-12, 17:56
Mia-type: I meant landed has to be FH.

What's the rationale?:o

hyenergix
24-06-12, 18:01

99LH landed sounds like a truly bad idea. I would rather get a FH condo for the same price.

lajia
24-06-12, 18:19
Extracted for your reading...

"Leasehold landed properties may also be a better option if you are looking to lease the property out for rental income, as the tenure of the property does not matter to the tenant. You may also consider the purchase of a leasehold landed property to enjoy specific attributes of the property, for example, individual character, design of the house, immediate environment, local amenities and so forth.

However, one should be aware that, when the tenure of a leasehold property dips below 30 years, it may be difficult to sell the property, as prospective buyers are not able to secure a bank loan. According to the Central Provident Fund Board, buyers are not allowed to withdraw from their CPF when the tenure is less than 30 years.

In a perfect world, everybody would prefer to buy a freehold property for the better price performance, perpetual ownership and the better wealth preservation factors. But in the real world, we are faced with other factors or challenges, such as budget constraints, the availability or supply, individual needs, investment objectives, and so forth, so that a leasehold landed property may be a more suitable purchase."

If your LH is less than 30 yrs old for eg....there shouldn't be much concern and if you are buying new one, I myself don't expect to stay in it for 30 yrs...:p :2cents:

DC33_2008
24-06-12, 18:25
Rental yield of landed is much lower. Landed is for own stay while condos are for rental income.
Extracted for your reading...

"Leasehold landed properties may also be a better option if you are looking to lease the property out for rental income, as the tenure of the property does not matter to the tenant. You may also consider the purchase of a leasehold landed property to enjoy specific attributes of the property, for example, individual character, design of the house, immediate environment, local amenities and so forth.

However, one should be aware that, when the tenure of a leasehold property dips below 30 years, it may be difficult to sell the property, as prospective buyers are not able to secure a bank loan. According to the Central Provident Fund Board, buyers are not allowed to withdraw from their CPF when the tenure is less than 30 years.

In a perfect world, everybody would prefer to buy a freehold property for the better price performance, perpetual ownership and the better wealth preservation factors. But in the real world, we are faced with other factors or challenges, such as budget constraints, the availability or supply, individual needs, investment objectives, and so forth, so that a leasehold landed property may be a more suitable purchase."

If your LH is less than 30 yrs old for eg....there shouldn't be much concern and if you are buying new one, I myself don't expect to stay in it for 30 yrs...:p :2cents:

lajia
24-06-12, 18:50
Rental yield of landed is much lower. Landed is for own stay while condos are for rental income.

I agree....:D the report is not written by me :p