PDA

View Full Version : recent property measures on Landed prices?

wind30
08-12-11, 19:04
any ideas?

Landed isn't really directly affected since foreigners cannot buy landed anyway.

wonder how will landed prices react...

devilplate
08-12-11, 19:15
any ideas?

Landed isn't really directly affected since foreigners cannot buy landed anyway.

17% down liao as quoted by a bro here

august
08-12-11, 19:18
crisis of confidence LOL

Fisherman
08-12-11, 19:27
There could be a cascading down effect as those who like to upgrade from condo to landed and who are owning more than 2 properties will have to think twice before doing the switch. In any case, a difficult to buy and sell situation because of additional stamp duties both ways!!!!!!!! Result: It will lead to a DEAD market. Those who cannot hold may have to fire sale. As the saying goes WHEN THE TIDE GOES DOWN WE WILL SEE WHO IS SWIMMING NAKED!:D

devilplate
08-12-11, 19:30
Well done pap!

I can smell many biz owners related to ppty market sweating liao....those contruction material supplier, furnitures etc....hohoho

When their biz falls, goto firesale their landed liao lor....hehehe

jesico
08-12-11, 19:40
sorry ah devilplate how come 17% down and in what sense? Didn't see the other post:beats-me-man:

wannabe
09-12-11, 13:27
luckily my portfolio all landed properties.
wont die so bad IMHO.

samsara
09-12-11, 16:30
As you have mentioned, foreigners are already presently not eligible to buy landed housing so the direct impact is likely marginal. Amongst all the housing types, the landed segment should show the greatest resilience due to the holding power of owners and also the consistent demand over time.

That having been said, it is still not improbable that landed housing prices will also feel the pressure of an overall market down-trend (if it happens at all). A lot hinges on whether the EU is able to get their act together instead of ding-donging, and the measures that they eventually adopt to clean up their mess.

Given what the ECB has been doing so far (unlimited lending to banks, reducing interest rates, etc), it is inevitable that more money is flowing into the system via many channels.

The impact of strong liquidity in the financial system is oft under-estimated, and many are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the right opportunity to strike. It may be premature for me to say so but any recovery in the equity markets will be swift and very sudden due to that.

any ideas?

Santro
09-12-11, 20:32
Thats interesting. Are you able to pay the monthly installments from landed rental income.:confused:

luckily my portfolio all landed properties.
wont die so bad IMHO.

kane
09-12-11, 23:54
it's all relative, if condos become significantly cheaper than landed, landed too will feel the effects.

wannabe
10-12-11, 17:47
Thats interesting. Are you able to pay the monthly installments from landed rental income.:confused:
all paid up

radha08
10-12-11, 19:06
all paid up

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

well done...life must be boring with so much money...:D :D :D

Santro
10-12-11, 20:18
Thats fantastic :cheers1: .
Usually people leverage on multiple properties without fully paying them up. Your strategy is different but you have peace of mind instead of worrying about increase in home loan interest rate and paying monthly installments.

all paid up

buttercarp
11-12-11, 11:17
all paid up

Hi wannabe, that's great that you don't have to be a slave to loan.

Btw, why you change to wannabe from bargain hunter?

wannabe
11-12-11, 14:11
Hi wannabe, that's great that you don't have to be a slave to loan.

Btw, why you change to wannabe from bargain hunter?

cos there's already one bargain hunter in the forum.
My previous nick was bargain_hunter.
seems to confuse some forumers.
hence the change

wannabe
11-12-11, 14:12
Thats fantastic :cheers1: .
Usually people leverage on multiple properties without fully paying them up. Your strategy is different but you have peace of mind instead of worrying about increase in home loan interest rate and paying monthly installments.

hahaha... nah mostly inherited.
I'm not that capable of owning them by my own means.
:tongue3:

ysyap
11-12-11, 16:07
hahaha... nah mostly inherited.
I'm not that capable of owning them by my own means.
:tongue3:Good for you... some folks work their way from rags to riches so its just a longer road... :cheers4:

Blue
31-01-12, 16:07
Landed prices has gone up a lot for the past 2 years, and still going up or holding on very strong.

No selling frenzy as most landed owners are either businessmen or high level executives, so holding power is strong.

Right now almost anywhere in Singapore, brand new FH inter-terrace are going at least $2.5M, corner-terrace at least $3M, semi-Ds at least $4M, detached at least $6M. Those who bought 2 years back are now happy men!