PDA

View Full Version : T junction

buttercarp
05-12-11, 11:21
Which would you choose, the house at the T junction (open view) or the one which view is blocked by other units?
And why?

DC33_2008
05-12-11, 11:23
Main door of house facing the T-junction is No! No!:tsk-tsk:

buttercarp
05-12-11, 11:26
Main door of house facing the T-junction is No! No!:tsk-tsk:

But why?
The T junction is small.
The view is so open and free, unlike the house that is blocked by the other house- so oppressive.
Is it becoz of feng shui?
Feng shui aside.... still no T junction for you?

DC33_2008
05-12-11, 12:07
Imagine Headlight keeps shining into your home from time to time. :beats-me-man:
But why?
The T junction is small.
The view is so open and free, unlike the house that is blocked by the other house- so oppressive.
Is it becoz of feng shui?
Feng shui aside.... still no T junction for you?

bargain hunter
05-12-11, 12:21
also, there are many other potential future buyers who have same mentality as DC and myself. ;)

land118
05-12-11, 12:29
No T-junction for me too...; look like landed estate. if have a few million$ to splash, why chose T-junction, just be patient for right house location to come along.:2cents:

buttercarp
05-12-11, 12:33
also, there are many other potential future buyers who have same mentality as DC and myself. ;)

Thanks for your reply.
But just wondering if feng shui aside and less potential future aside, will you still shy away from the T junction?

Imagine Headlight keeps shining into your home from time to time. :beats-me-man:

Thanks for your reply too.
LOL.....free patrol from motorists.
Joke aside.....install and opaque and white gate to reflect the lights.

lifeline
05-12-11, 12:37
fengshui is all about making things comfortable for our human psyche, based on the collected preferences of most people over the ages.

think of this as the bellshaped curve, prob applies to the 95% under the curve (2SD from midpoint).

while i dun actively follow fengshui, i can always use it as a reference and work out from there.

so it is not a matter of which of the 2 houses, but which one i am more comfortable with. dun know about the 2nd house, but the t junction on the bottom of the slope is not for me - lights, car losing control coming downslope may hit the front porch (esp when raining), ...

of course sometimes we dun have a choice, then we rationalise and implement corrective measures to soothe our psyche. or if it is a firesales with a great discount, then maybe the great bargain can be a soothing balm for the buyer (but will still encounter future problem in selling to the next 95% of buyers).

actually so long as you the buyer are happy, that's it.

how's the positioning of your pavilion park?

buttercarp
05-12-11, 12:46
how's the positioning of your pavilion park?

Hi lifeline, thanks for your reply too.
My pavilion park unit is at the top of the slope, not the one at the bottom.

Just want to know the psyche of home owners.

buttercarp
05-12-11, 12:48
think of this as the bellshaped curve, prob applies to the 95% under the curve (2SD from midpoint).

LOL.....reminds me of PSLE score.....I want to be on the right of the curve!

greenhorn
05-12-11, 12:52
Definitely go for the 2nd house. T-junction is bad. Buy landed is not for view but for the space, experience and the environment. If want open unblock view, then go for GCB.

Ever wondered why houses at T-junction are very hard to sell and takes very long time to hard sell? Even if can find buyer, the prices are depressed. The fengshui issue is a real problem for many buyers. Vehicle headlights shining into your house (including 2nd & stories) is a real issue too, not forgetting vehicular movements & noises 24/7 right outside your gate and bedroom windows - strained and non-peaceful living in the house!

Your house at Pavilion Park is at a T-junction right. You looking for consolation here?

Which would you choose, the house at the T junction (open view) or the one which view is blocked by other units?
And why?

buttercarp
05-12-11, 13:00
Your house at Pavilion Park is at a T-junction right. You looking for consolation here?

Thanks for your reply too.
You are quite new to this forum, greenhorn.
Yes, I have mentioned before that I have bought a T junction house, which you have probably not come across.
No I am not looking for consolation.
I would not have bought the place if I had not been so strongly connected to it the moment I stood at the site.
I, too at the beginning was against the idea of a T junction house but the rest was history after I went there.

I just wanted to know why are most of us are so against it.
Like I asked feng shui and resale aside....what so bad about it, considering it is a small T junction.

BTW, where got money for GCB?

buttercarp
05-12-11, 13:08
LOL.... Just realised that greenhorn, you are not new to this forum considering you joined in 2009, just that you seldom post.:ashamed1:

phantom_opera
05-12-11, 16:18
fengshui is about energy field (be it electro-magnetic or something not yet discovered) ... human has energy field, your house also has its own field, the cars approaching the T-junction also has its own energy field ... energy fields interfere with each other ... due to the constant approaching cars, your house's energy field will keep getting interference, disturbing your sleep/daily chores

samsara
05-12-11, 17:46
Do not be too affected by what others say. What is most important is that you feel comfortable with the house itself. The chinese saying "境随心转" describes the perceived environment as a reflection of your mental state.

If your mind and heart are at peace, the most turbulent of environments will be peaceful to you. If your mind and heart are in turmoil, even the most tranquil of situations will be disruptive to you.

Unfortunately, many people are easily affected by their environment and they suffer from "心随境转" instead, where their minds and hearts sway according to the changes in their immediate environment. When the environment is positive, they feel happy; when the environment is negative, they feel miserable.

In my opinion, resale value will not be greatly affected. As you have mentioned, it is a T-junction of minor roads. In future if you were to sell the place, there will be potential buyers who will cite this as a minus point, however at the same time there will be other buyers who do not mind this at all.

Enjoy your house!

flagship74
05-12-11, 17:53
Please avoid t-junction hse..my frz bought one where his main door facing t-junction..very "noisy" at nite...have many sleepless nite and decided to sell it away at a loss...alas they can sleep peacefully now...:sleep: :D

buttercarp
05-12-11, 21:55
Thanks for the replies. No, I am personally not affected by its location or else I won't have bought it. Just wanted to know what is the general opinion and why. Looks like most of us are influenced by how we are brought up and we tend to carry on that way, passing the way we think to the next generation, which is natural.

land118
05-12-11, 22:23
Some FengShui read on T junction and tips:

http://www.fengshuidesk.com/interior_feng_shui/house-feng-shui-main-door-facing-t-junction.php

http://fengshuiblog.com/2010/04/23/are-t-junctions-always-bad-feng-shui/

http://dragonfengshui.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-crossing-t-is-considered-bad-feng.html

http://www.feng-shui-tips-for-wealth.com/house-facing-a-t-junction.html

teddybear
05-12-11, 22:57
Fengshui is not about perception, is about the unmeasurable energy fields which fengshui has been created to try to understand it. Regardless of whether you believe or your head like to tell you, it will just be there. Bad fengshui is bad fengshui, full-stop. Not trying to induce fear but that is my opinion and belief, enhance through age & experience. :ashamed1:

Do not be too affected by what others say. What is most important is that you feel comfortable with the house itself. The chinese saying "境随心转" describes the perceived environment as a reflection of your mental state.

If your mind and heart are at peace, the most turbulent of environments will be peaceful to you. If your mind and heart are in turmoil, even the most tranquil of situations will be disruptive to you.

Unfortunately, many people are easily affected by their environment and they suffer from "心随境转" instead, where their minds and hearts sway according to the changes in their immediate environment. When the environment is positive, they feel happy; when the environment is negative, they feel miserable.

In my opinion, resale value will not be greatly affected. As you have mentioned, it is a T-junction of minor roads. In future if you were to sell the place, there will be potential buyers who will cite this as a minus point, however at the same time there will be other buyers who do not mind this at all.

Enjoy your house!

lifeline
05-12-11, 23:15
Fengshui is not about perception, is about the unmeasurable energy fields which fengshui has been created to try to understand it. Regardless of whether you believe or your head like to tell you, it will just be there. Bad fengshui is bad fengshui, full-stop. Not trying to induce fear but that is my opinion and belief, enhance through age & experience. :ashamed1:

mind over matter, or matter over mind?
some people can see spirits, most cannot.
some of us are more susceptible (to these enerygy fields), some are not.
good to know oneself, and where possible marry pragmatism with idealism.

azeoprop
05-12-11, 23:44
Long time ago, my father just joined UE for work at the present MICA building. His office window was facing the big cross junction of river valley road and hill street. Within a month of work there, my grandmother pass away from an accidental fall. :scared-1:

buttercarp
06-12-11, 07:21
Long time ago, my father just joined UE for work at the present MICA building. His office window was facing the big cross junction of river valley road and hill street. Within a month of work there, my grandmother pass away from an accidental fall. :scared-1:

Oh..... that was very unfortunate.
But I guess your father was successful in his career?

Some FengShui read on T junction and tips:

http://www.fengshuidesk.com/interior...t-junction.php (http://www.fengshuidesk.com/interior_feng_shui/house-feng-shui-main-door-facing-t-junction.php)

http://fengshuiblog.com/2010/04/23/a...bad-feng-shui/ (http://fengshuiblog.com/2010/04/23/are-t-junctions-always-bad-feng-shui/)

http://dragonfengshui.blogspot.com/2...-bad-feng.html (http://dragonfengshui.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-crossing-t-is-considered-bad-feng.html)

http://www.feng-shui-tips-for-wealth...-junction.html (http://www.feng-shui-tips-for-wealth.com/house-facing-a-t-junction.html)

Thanks for the suggestions!

mind over matter, or matter over mind?
some people can see spirits, most cannot.
some of us are more susceptible (to these enerygy fields), some are not.
good to know oneself, and where possible marry pragmatism with idealism.

Yup, agree with you!

Enjoy your house!

Can't wait to shift into it!

flagship74
06-12-11, 08:21
Oh..... that was very unfortunate.
But I guess your father was successful in his career?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yup, agree with you!

Can't wait to shift into it!

probably the others may face some mishap..

fan
07-12-11, 11:49
T-junction, X-junction, no no for me. Its a matter of noise, distraction and safety issues. I would rather go for a quiet no view unit, and spend a bit $ on landscaping to make the environment nicer. Should be easier to find potential buyer in future too.

devilplate
07-12-11, 15:22
T-junction, X-junction, no no for me. Its a matter of noise, distraction and safety issues. I would rather go for a quiet no view unit, and spend a bit $ on landscaping to make the environment nicer. Should be easier to find potential buyer in future too.
Same for me

I not into fengshui but i value quietness, serenity and tranquility above all for own stay ;)