View Full Version : Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

carbuncle
06-09-12, 15:20
Pavilion II bro baka

ppty
06-09-12, 19:36
it actually depends on who is the main contractor for the project

last year few reputable coys were sued by MCST for defects - so its actually not correct to put all in same boat

UOL projects - beware of workmanship issues.

carbuncle
06-09-12, 19:51
MCST can sue developer for defects? I thought by the time its formed, developer hand over liao...

ppty
06-09-12, 20:31
of course its possible - the law allows up to 8years

apparently many MCST are not so well verse in these matters and that's advantageous to developers

MCST can sue developer for defects? I thought by the time its formed, developer hand over liao...

carbuncle
06-09-12, 21:16
thanks bro ppty. never knew that!

price
06-09-12, 21:30
OMG... i have a waterbank unit BUC by UOL... workmanship really jialat ah?
SUPER JIA LAT

zeamybro
06-09-12, 22:20
of course its possible - the law allows up to 8years

apparently many MCST are not so well verse in these matters and that's advantageous to developers

Oh nv knew that, thanks for enlightening ! :)

bakasa2002
06-09-12, 23:59
it actually depends on who is the main contractor for the project

last year few reputable coys were sued by MCST for defects - so its actually not correct to put all in same boat

Read somewhere main con is Tiong Seng, not sure if they are reputable. Sounds hdb type of contractor? I think not as bad as CEL? Lolx...

Adva181
07-09-12, 00:07
Read somewhere main con is Tiong Seng, not sure if they are reputable. Sounds hdb type of contractor? I think not as bad as CEL? Lolx...

Worse den CEL

zeamybro
07-09-12, 00:10

Googled and see that Tiong Seng built St Regis, Marina Bay Financial Centre, RWS and Parc Emily etc

zeamybro
07-09-12, 13:33
Received an email from Savills that Archipelago has acheived >95% sold :scared-5:

ppty
07-09-12, 13:50
I hope u can get yr facts correct

Here is the link to web site showing projects done

http://www.tiongseng.com.sg/pro_construct.html

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 15:03
Received an email from Savills that Archipelago has acheived >95% sold :scared-5:

Their marketing is pretty useless, if FEO, would have been 99% sold :doh:

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 17:41
I hope u can get yr facts correct

Here is the link to web site showing projects done

http://www.tiongseng.com.sg/pro_construct.html

Chill, bro. I am saying they sound like HDB type of contractor. I'm not saying they are not reputable. I think you misread cos I did not say tiong Seng = bad quality. Peace. :)

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 17:47
Their marketing is pretty useless, if FEO, would have been 99% sold :doh:

Considering their traditional marketing style and high quantum for most of the units, I think they did quite well. FEO seahill still stuck at <60% though it was launched later despite pretty aggressive marketing. :)

phantom_opera
07-09-12, 17:52
Considering their traditional marketing style and high quantum for most of the units, I think they did quite well. FEO seahill still stuck at <60% though it was launched later despite pretty aggressive marketing. :)

Cannot compare like that, UOL is selling at market price while FEO is leading the market price :2cents:

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 21:52
Cannot compare like that, UOL is selling at market price while FEO is leading the market price :2cents:

That part I can't dispute that feo is always testing price barriers, but if u compare archi and Eco, I think using a 3br as benchmark, Psf are pretty close? 1100psf vs 1150psf? This make Eco quite attractive. :)

bakasa2002
07-09-12, 21:58

Wah, with all the floater news and 7th mth thingy, it really surprised me that they muster another 10% of sales since July figures. At 95% means they have less than 30 units left? It kind of leapfrog euhabitat cos just saw bro Tripp posting that euhabitat stands at 93%.

surprise surprise to me but within bro Phantom prediction. :)

fiyo
07-09-12, 22:38
Agree that Archi is not cheap. But then again for a home that sits within a park...there aren't many choices. Always walked through Botanic Gardens and said how nice if our home was built there. Well, this is the closest that we have found. ;)

zeamybro
08-09-12, 18:06
Jogged past the sf and kpo with one of the agents...

1br left 1 unit
2br left 5 units
Strata left 4 units

fiyo
08-09-12, 23:58
Jogged past the sf and kpo with one of the agents...

1br left 1 unit
2br left 5 units
Strata left 4 units

Wah, that is fast. 3 weeks ago 2 bedder still got 23 units to choose from.

bakasa2002
09-09-12, 11:09
Wah, that is fast. 3 weeks ago 2 bedder still got 23 units to choose from.

10 units of the project left... Stellar results in the 7th month. I guess the newly renovated SF really help changed the fengshui of the 1/2br!

zeamybro
09-09-12, 13:37
Think still got some penthouses of various combi left... So shld have balance of 20 units to clear

bakasa2002
09-09-12, 17:00
Think still got some penthouses of various combi left... So shld have balance of 20 units to clear

Just got a SMS from agent saying 3 x 2br and 3 x 3+1br left. SF closing soon. Buy them before they are sold. It seems the 1br are gone. ;)

I believe they still have PH & strata units not stated in message for those keen.

radha08
09-09-12, 18:35
Just got a SMS from agent saying 3 x 2br and 3 x 3+1br left. SF closing soon. Buy them before they are sold. It seems the 1br are gone. ;)

I believe they still have PH & strata units not stated in message for those keen.

so u buying...:D...damm sianz this property CHASE...:doh:

phantom_opera
09-09-12, 19:00
after the MM restriction announcement, all 1brs cleaned up in no time :p

zeamybro
09-09-12, 19:15
This shows that many buyers still appreciate the location there ie. walking distance to mrt, ample eateries, 2 supermarkets, 7-11, Guardian pharmacy, clinics, TCM, bakeries plus a v big reservoir park .... Even without much aggressive marketing the units will still move.

bakasa2002
09-09-12, 23:09
so u buying...:D...damm sianz this property CHASE...:doh:

My friend been urging me to get a unit too ...

Guess the showflat will be closing before year end with so few units left and they will be able to ramp up on the construction. This project really sold faster than I expected, given the high quantum, priciest of the Bedok Reservoir stretch, quite a no. of big units, CM6 announce right b4 launch, floater news and all. :)

zeamybro
10-09-12, 13:41
Sidetrack a bit.. but Sis Buttercarp may be interested

Yday i finally got to taste the supposedly very famous and popular Nam Kee chickren rice at Thomson road after several failed attempts previously (either no carpark, no tables or got table but run out of chicken etc).

I personally dont the find the food tasty, but my mum said the chicken is prep in an authentic way (without soaking into cold water), and the gen Y like me wont appreciate....

Still prefer the chicken rice at Sheng Ji (opp Archi) and Xiang Ji (Bedok reservoir market) ..... I guess I could never grow out of the east.

ppty
10-09-12, 15:18
U know why - cause its unique low rise

with more big units - the plus point is u have owners who buy to stay and price drop is in a way controlled

investors also prefer a development where most owners buy to stay so that there is less competition when renting out the unit

My friend been urging me to get a unit too ...

Guess the showflat will be closing before year end with so few units left and they will be able to ramp up on the construction. This project really sold faster than I expected, given the high quantum, priciest of the Bedok Reservoir stretch, quite a no. of big units, CM6 announce right b4 launch, floater news and all. :)

Laguna
10-09-12, 19:15
went there today...
there is this 3+1, second floor unit, quite attractive pricing....
but distance to the opp townhouse is 10m

project : not so bad...but very cramp

kane
10-09-12, 19:19
At 10m, you can see what your neighbour is having for dinner.

carbuncle
10-09-12, 19:23
aiya never tell me.... I was jogging past

bakasa2002
10-09-12, 23:17
Still prefer the chicken rice at Sheng Ji (opp Archi) and Xiang Ji (Bedok reservoir market) ..... I guess I could never grow out of the east.

Tried Xiang Ji before but have not eaten at Sheng Ji, is the roast or white chicken better? I heard the prawn noodle at that kopitiam also not bad?

bakasa2002
10-09-12, 23:22
U know why - cause its unique low rise

with more big units - the plus point is u have owners who buy to stay and price drop is in a way controlled

investors also prefer a development where most owners buy to stay so that there is less competition when renting out the unit

Thanks for e pointers. Very valid points, I guess if I m buying for own stay, I also want to know my neighbour better, rather have new neighbours every now and then.

Like lots of bro said, it's a nice proj for own stay and the next one will likely be Parcel A next to Tanah Merah mrt. Think that also low rise at nice plot but the track noise might make it less attractive but mrt at doorstep. :)

bakasa2002
10-09-12, 23:25
went there today...
there is this 3+1, second floor unit, quite attractive pricing....
but distance to the opp townhouse is 10m

project : not so bad...but very cramp

Agree the blocks are quite close to each other, that's why the park facing is first to be sold out and have a price premium of about 80-100k for 3br.

For the 3+1 still have a few choices? The quantum is 1.6mil?

fiyo
12-09-12, 23:43
Yes, 3+1 are going for 1.5+M and up.

propertychap
13-09-12, 10:35
1.5 mil can get a 3 bedroom at Bedok residences. Better for rental?

bakasa2002
13-09-12, 11:59
Yeap, for investment purposes BR instead of Archi definitely will be a better choice. Most people would also not look at 3+1 for investment, cos' the +1 is a 200-300k jump fr the standard 3br in this project. If you are looking at BR's 3br, you might want to note that the common rooms are smaller and fittings/furnishing are not as good as Archi.

Having said that, this project is better for own stay for those who want to get away from the maddening crowd in Bedok Central once BR is completed with DTL, amenities and park within walking distance. :)

carbuncle
13-09-12, 12:27
Revenge. That was what Madam Tan Sze Sze scribbled in red several times on a photocopy of her husband's birth certificate.

It was found in the front right pocket of her red T-shirt when her body was found in Bedok Reservoir nearly a year ago.

The body of her son, Jeral, was found with hers. She is believed to have taken the boy with her into the reservoir when she decided to end her life.

It all started with cracks in her marriage.

Read the full report in today’s paper (Sept 13)

carbuncle
13-09-12, 12:28
Her name.... ....

fiyo
13-09-12, 14:24

I think rental is usually best with a 2 bedder.

bakasa2002
13-09-12, 14:58
I think rental is usually best with a 2 bedder.

Agree. 2BR is good for rental for BR or Archi, 3br and above hard to justify the % yield return. I heard WFW 3br about 3.5k, you can use that as benchmark. :)

zeamybro
13-09-12, 15:49
Agree. 2BR is good for rental for BR or Archi, 3br and above hard to justify the % yield return. I heard WFW 3br about 3.5k, you can use that as benchmark. :)

Depends on the supply also... I believe all the 10 condos surrounding Bedok Reservoir has 2BRs, and they made up a relatively higher percentage of units in that area. So 2BR is likely to face tougher competition .. but then whats going to happen 3 yrs down the road is hard to say now :)

fiyo
14-09-12, 00:24
Yes agree that supply and demand is a key factor. However, it always seems harder to find 2 bedders in completed projects and the bigger units are usually out in the market for a longer time when selling or renting. Maybe family size is shrieking these days??

bakasa2002
14-09-12, 22:41
Update from agent, project at 98% sold as of today w 11 units left.

All 1/2/3br are sold out.

Remaining units are
2+1BR PH Loft x 1
3+1BR x 3 units
4BR PH x 2 units
5BR PH x 3 units
2TH x 2 units

This s the mix if I got it correctly and I went pass the site but didn't get to take a photo. Progress is really fast!

fiyo
15-09-12, 15:10
Update from agent, project at 98% sold as of today w 11 units left.

All 1/2/3br are sold out.

Remaining units are
2+1BR PH Loft x 1
3+1BR x 3 units
4BR PH x 2 units
5BR PH x 3 units
2TH x 2 units

This s the mix if I got it correctly and I went pass the site but didn't get to take a photo. Progress is really fast!

Wah, that's really fast. For 7th month..this is quite unexpected.

zeamybro
15-09-12, 15:16
Wah, that's really fast. For 7th month..this is quite unexpected.

I think thats about it... the remaining high quantum units should be slow to move, especially its LH ....

bakasa2002
15-09-12, 21:19
I think thats about it... the remaining high quantum units should be slow to move, especially its LH ....

You mean the townhouse? That's what I tot too, but over the past mth, I think they sold 2 at >3.4mil, cos the agent last update before yest was a few wks ago and it was 4 left...

I guess the TH will sell out before the PH, given quantum is pretty close, I suppose TH better value?

phantom_opera
15-09-12, 21:24
The rest all profit, no worries

WFI also like < 15 units left

zeamybro
15-09-12, 21:46
You mean the townhouse? That's what I tot too, but over the past mth, I think they sold 2 at >3.4mil, cos the agent last update before yest was a few wks ago and it was 4 left...

I guess the TH will sell out before the PH, given quantum is pretty close, I suppose TH better value?

No, I meant the PH... I m sure the TH would be sold out cos these r the v rare species already, some more foreigners can still buy ...

bakasa2002
15-09-12, 21:59
No, I meant the PH... I m sure the TH would be sold out cos these r the v rare species already, some more foreigners can still buy ...

I see, still have quite a few proj w TH like Eco, seahill, kovan regency. I'm still surprised to see new proj w KR w TH considering the rule should have kicked in?

zeamybro
15-09-12, 23:44
I see, still have quite a few proj w TH like Eco, seahill, kovan regency. I'm still surprised to see new proj w KR w TH considering the rule should have kicked in?

I guess those who could afford TH should be seeking lifestyle living ... so Archi with the reservoir park should appeal to them more than the other projects?

The new rule was kicked in in Apr 2012, mabbe KR was approved prior to that?

bakasa2002
18-09-12, 10:07
I guess those who could afford TH should be seeking lifestyle living ... so Archi with the reservoir park should appeal to them more than the other projects?

The new rule was kicked in in Apr 2012, mabbe KR was approved prior to that?

Yeah but agent was saying TH in condo project typically appeal to foreign buyers due to them able to buy these w/o restrictions.

Come to think of it most project w TH in condo almost always have landed houses nearby, such as Seahill, Eco, Euhabitat, Kovan Regency, etc.

Archi could probably be the only choice with TH nearby that appeals to Singaporean who wanted a 'landed house' in this area. I remember Clearwater do have a few of the clusterhouse type too but doesn't look as nice lah. :)

bakasa2002
18-09-12, 10:09
Archi last burst of fire selling 51 units in Aug and making to Top 10 list. URA figures stand at 41 left after Aug sales but according to update last wk, it has 11 left. Perhaps showflat be closing real soon. :)

One Dusun 153
Parc Olympia 110
Bartley Resi 70
V on Shenton 65
Flo Resi 62
River Isles 55
Archipelago 51
Eight Riversuites 47
Palette 37
Tampines Trilliant (EC) 33

fiyo
18-09-12, 11:51
Archi last burst of fire selling 51 units in Aug and making to Top 10 list. URA figures stand at 41 left after Aug sales but according to update last wk, it has 11 left. Perhaps showflat be closing real soon. :)

One Dusun 153
Parc Olympia 110
Bartley Resi 70
V on Shenton 65
Flo Resi 62
River Isles 55
Archipelago 51
Eight Riversuites 47
Palette 37
Tampines Trilliant (EC) 33

Palette has been in the market for awhile hasn't it?

zeamybro
18-09-12, 11:57

Ya Palette more than a yr already...

Think last couple of months dont have many new launches .. hungry buyers all went on to raid One Dusun and also revisit the remaining launches ... so all the ah zhu ah gou ah mao also get into top 10 :tongue3:

bakasa2002
18-09-12, 14:44

Yeap, but Palatte has more units development compare to Archi, almost double albeit w a lower quantum but i think mainly becos Pasir Ris home buyers have lots of choices, think Sea Esta, Ripple Bay, Watercolors, Seastrand or even Flora area. :)

fiyo
18-09-12, 23:55
Ya Palette more than a yr already...

Think last couple of months dont have many new launches .. hungry buyers all went on to raid One Dusun and also revisit the remaining launches ... so all the ah zhu ah gou ah mao also get into top 10 :tongue3:

Property going up and up. Side track abit...Do you think it'll ever drop? Got a friend thinking of selling their house and wait for market to crash and buy again. They told me their current house can make about 2M so quite attractive.

azeoprop
19-09-12, 00:28
Not too sure though. But even if go up, it won't be too much, the govt will not let prices shoot through the roof suddenly like in 09/10.

Another sure thing is there are alot of people waiting on the sidelines to pick durian. I know of 2 friends who have sold their units and are now staying with their in laws waiting for price to drop.

:beats-me-man:

Looks like bedok reservoir is almost fully occupied. Units left unsold according to URA Aug data:

ARC AT TAMPINES 48
ARCHIPELAGO 41
WATERVIEW 43
WATERFRONT ISLE 16

:cheers6:

zeamybro
19-09-12, 09:08
Property going up and up. Side track abit...Do you think it'll ever drop? Got a friend thinking of selling their house and wait for market to crash and buy again. They told me their current house can make about 2M so quite attractive.

The last thing that I would ever want to happen is to lose my own roof .... With the massive printing of $$$, we are only going to foresee more inflation...

The hawker who used to sell you a bowl of noodle at $2 few yrs ago is now selling you a similar bowl at $3.50. But that does not mean he is getting any richer right?

phantom_opera
19-09-12, 09:14
D16 side has much more capital appreciation potential.

Bedok Mall will be ready end 2013, almost all buses along Bedok Reservoir Road will send u right into the mall in 2014

By 2017, you have the MRT ... DTL3 will be primarily serve students / lecturers as it has direct access without change to SMU, NAFA, SUTD, Yu Neng/Red Swastika, Maha Bodhi, St Hilda, Temasek Poly, Expo

As I said b4, DLT3 is Learn, EWL is work, ERL is play and East of Singapore will be served by three lines !!!

DC33_2008
19-09-12, 09:22
Does it mean people staying in the CCR or cityfringe will enjoy the attributes provided by these lines as most of the mrt lines converge towards it?

phantom_opera
19-09-12, 09:26
Does it mean people staying in the CCR or cityfringe will enjoy the attributes provided by these lines as most of the mrt lines converge towards it?

Ppl stay in CCR will not take MRT for long distance lah, imagine u stay in V On Shenton but take MRT to Jurong or Pasir Ris or Punggol (for what?!)

If you cannot afford at least a few Mercedes, where can stay in CCR (other than those fake rich staying in MMs)

City fringe always have Circle Line

zeamybro
19-09-12, 09:39
Ppl stay in CCR will not take MRT for long distance lah, imagine u stay in V On Shenton but take MRT to Jurong or Pasir Ris or Punggol (for what?!)

If you cannot afford at least a few Mercedes, where can stay in CCR (other than those fake rich staying in MMs)

City fringe always have Circle Line

Generally true la... no point for them to live in CCR if they need to travel daily to OCR ...

But i ever had a tenant for Tj Rhu working at Changi Airport. I also remember a potential tenant who viewed my place but working in Yishun. He claims that he loves the 'air' and residential feel here.

phantom_opera
19-09-12, 10:05
Generally true la... no point for them to live in CCR if they need to travel daily to OCR ...

But i ever had a tenant for Tj Rhu working at Changi Airport. I also remember a potential tenant who viewed my place but working in Yishun. He claims that he loves the 'air' and residential feel here.

it could be the school factor, parents with school going kid will sacrifice proximity to workplace in exchange of proximity to school

carbuncle
19-09-12, 10:23
East side already can Learn Work Play.... Easties are self sufficient already.

Even got expert say that Pasir Ris is self sufficient.

Next time, job preference should go first to those candidate staying nearby. Apply same distance priority to jobs. lol

carbuncle
19-09-12, 10:26
Actually all four quadrants NSEW self sufficient. Don't really need to kaypo other areas unless due to need eg gf or bf, relatives stay there.

Take mrt here there everywhere and then fight with strangers and walk in tunnel during breakdown for what sia......

zeamybro
22-09-12, 00:34
Drove past and saw the showflat carpark was already boarded up ... think the showflat is gone or shld be gone very soon .... :ashamed1:

buttercarp
22-09-12, 00:37
Drove past and saw the showflat carpark was already boarded up ... think the showflat is gone or shld be gone very soon .... :ashamed1:

I drove past and had a quick glance.
One of the buildings already build up to at least 3 storeys ..... really fast!

zeamybro
22-09-12, 00:43
I drove past and had a quick glance.
One of the buildings already build up to at least 3 storeys ..... really fast!

Sis Buttercarp.. seeing you here reminds me of Sheng Kee chicken rice .. mabbe i shld have that for lunch tmr, LOL.

Ya, the progress is surprisingly fast compared with EuHabitat, think by early 2015 can TOP already.

bakasa2002
22-09-12, 01:00
Sis Buttercarp.. seeing you here reminds me of Sheng Kee chicken rice .. mabbe i shld have that for lunch tmr, LOL.

Ya, the progress is surprisingly fast compared with EuHabitat, think by early 2015 can TOP already.

Yeap, I suspect this might top before euhabitat judging by its progress...

buttercarp
22-09-12, 01:04

Next time when Archi and Belvia TOP, that See Beh Ho coffee shop will be even more crowded.
I heard the prawn mee there is very good too.
On Sunday, must wait 30 - 45 min!

radha08
22-09-12, 01:15
HELLO havent sleep ahhhh...u talk about prawn mee i hungry...:D:D:D

zeamybro
22-09-12, 01:31
HELLO havent sleep ahhhh...u talk about prawn mee i hungry...:D:D:D

LOL .... Yr postings nv fail me make me laugh .... Sleeping now. Goodnight!:sleep:

bakasa2002
22-09-12, 10:20
ST ad today indicating last few units left, looks like they are only left w one 3+1, a few PH and Strata house left? Maybe eCO launch will help clear the remaining units since the Archi is most likely cheaper ...

bakasa2002
22-09-12, 10:22
Next time when Archi and Belvia TOP, that See Beh Ho coffee shop will be even more crowded.
I heard the prawn mee there is very good too.
On Sunday, must wait 30 - 45 min!

Wah, such a long wait! Is it the soup type of prawn noodle? Not the hokkien mee type right?

buttercarp
22-09-12, 11:59
Wah, such a long wait! Is it the soup type of prawn noodle? Not the hokkien mee type right?

Got soup n dry ones but not the fried one.
Haven't tried but they are supposed to be very good.
See this food blogger page..... Looks so yummy.
http://thesilverchef.blogspot.sg/2012/09/58-prawn-noodle-at-bedok-reservoir-road.html?m=1

radha08
22-09-12, 12:16
http://thesilverchef.blogspot.sg/2012/09/58-prawn-noodle-at-bedok-reservoir-road.html?m=1

sis why dont u start a food blog...:cheers5:

radha08
22-09-12, 12:19

hey thats sheng kees neighbour...just like waterfront key and waterfront waves..side by side:D:D:D

bakasa2002
22-09-12, 12:48
hey thats sheng kees neighbour...just like waterfront key and waterfront waves..side by side:D:D:D

bro, salute leh u really live and breathe condos. Visited eCO showflat yet?

zeamybro
22-09-12, 23:12
Took a quick snap shot when i was stopping by the junction just now. Some of the blocks have really reached the 3rd level ....

Met my agent at Eco and was told Archipelago is left with only 7 units now, making it ~99% sold.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hi8osi.jpg

fiyo
23-09-12, 11:29
Wah very fast! 1 month ago it didn't look like this. Very exciting... : )

Thanks for the pic. ! :)

zeamybro
23-09-12, 22:11
One stack has already reached the 5th floor (the top floor).

Fiyo, i think your unit has taken shape and form already, congrats =)

http://i46.tinypic.com/10rpxmt.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n1ibuv.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/aa7i3q.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/5lrjmg.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/353a5w6.jpg

fiyo
23-09-12, 23:48
:D :D :D
Thanks for the updates!

carbuncle
24-09-12, 08:53
really amazing speed!!!

insigina
24-09-12, 09:26
really amazing speed!!!

Agree. UOL seems to be going full speed ahead. Take a look at Katong Regency. Started to demolish Lion City hotel in Jan, launched in April and they have almost finished preparing the ground to begin concrete foundation works.

fiyo
24-09-12, 09:33
[quote=zeamybro]One stack has already reached the 5th floor (the top floor).

Fiyo, i think your unit has taken shape and form already, congrats =)

Oreo's also take shape already I think.

chiaberry
24-09-12, 09:39
Congrates fiyo, oreo

The greenery behind looks really enticing.

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 12:19
really amazing speed!!!

Really looks fast, think the showroom about to be gone soon w less than 10 units left for this project? I think eCO is helping Archi sell. :)

Btw, I am no construction exper but at this speed, TOP possible in 2015?

phantom_opera
24-09-12, 12:21
thanks to Archi, the HDB behind got a glimpse of reservoir water now :rolleyes:

zeamybro
24-09-12, 13:57
Really looks fast, think the showroom about to be gone soon w less than 10 units left for this project? I think eCO is helping Archi sell. :)

Btw, I am no construction exper but at this speed, TOP possible in 2015?

6 units left ..

I think end 2014 TOP is also possible if they continue with this speed ... UOL's Waterbank started off very fast too but seems like experiencing a bit of hou jing bu zhu now ....

carbuncle
24-09-12, 14:59
fast is one thing. more impt is quality

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 17:16

Quite true. Congrats to Fiyo and Oreo. I think bank must be calling for payment soon w construction going on so fast! :)

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 17:18
6 units left ..

I think end 2014 TOP is also possible if they continue with this speed ... UOL's Waterbank started off very fast too but seems like experiencing a bit of hou jing bu zhu now ....
Hmm, during 7th mth we selling extraordinary sales ... Who are the actual buyers? :eek:

oreo
24-09-12, 17:37
Haha! They build very fast, but our request to know which wall is structural is still pending....

zeamybro
24-09-12, 17:51

Not sure abt UOL since there were some eyebrows raised when mentioned previously, but the construction company Tiong Seng should be very reputable judging from their impressive portfolios like StRegis, RWS and Marina Finance Centre

zeamybro
24-09-12, 17:54
Hmm, during 7th mth we selling extraordinary sales ... Who are the actual buyers? :eek:

I am equally amazed with the sudden surge in sales over the past coupe of months ... I guess its a combi of factors - the 1/2BR showflat definitely helps in boosting up the sales, and also the kiasu syndrome in sgpreans ...

Probably a handful of them were already eyeing for a unit there for quite some time but didnt take any action, hoping developer cannot finish selling and would give further discount.. but upon hearing less and less units left, they quickly rush in to grab the remaining units ...

GSLJ
24-09-12, 18:20
Yeap, I suspect this might top before euhabitat judging by its progress...This project very fast, Euhabitat still moving really slow. :doh:

carbuncle
24-09-12, 18:55
the QE3 definitely has big part to play

fiyo
24-09-12, 21:15
I am equally amazed with the sudden surge in sales over the past coupe of months ... I guess its a combi of factors - the 1/2BR showflat definitely helps in boosting up the sales, and also the kiasu syndrome in sgpreans ...

Probably a handful of them were already eyeing for a unit there for quite some time but didnt take any action, hoping developer cannot finish selling and would give further discount.. but upon hearing less and less units left, they quickly rush in to grab the remaining units ...

My relative is one of those people who bought it on 1st day of 7th month. Also see here and there and then see that units getting lesser...grab!

bakasa2002
02-10-12, 22:59
Archi showflat should be closing soon, left w only PH n TH .... Maybe eCO prices will just help clear the handful of units left. :rolleyes:

bakasa2002
04-10-12, 11:05
Took a walk around the reservoir and some pictures to share on the construction ...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/Archi_Oct2012_1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/Archi_Oct2012_2.jpg

zeamybro
08-10-12, 17:59
Still a long way to go for the TH and corner stacks...

http://i48.tinypic.com/11aemuw.jpg

bakasa2002
23-10-12, 15:27
Its seems like Tiong Seng did not have to dig deep for the basement cp, they just flatten the land to the same level as the bus stop and start construction up ... ;)

zeamybro
23-10-12, 15:40
I know nuts abt construction, so cant really interpret much from the photos. But it seems to me that the B2 level carpark should be on the same level as the road.

phantom_opera
23-10-12, 15:43
that is because the restriction is max 5 storey or < 45m AMSL

so no need to dig very deep, won't exceed 45m with 5 storey right ;)

bakasa2002
23-10-12, 16:43
that is because the restriction is max 5 storey or < 45m AMSL

so no need to dig very deep, won't exceed 45m with 5 storey right ;)

Means if they dig deep then Archi owners will enjoy 3.x m high ceiling? Hahaha ... No wonder construction cost quite ok for this site. :)

zeamybro
23-10-12, 16:48
Means if they dig deep then Archi owners will enjoy 3.x m high ceiling? Hahaha ... No wonder construction cost quite ok for this site. :)

If i dont recall wrongly, an agent told me that Archi has a higher ceiling than the typical condo project... so it could be 3.x m high celing but i cant confirm

bakasa2002
23-10-12, 21:40
If i dont recall wrongly, an agent told me that Archi has a higher ceiling than the typical condo project... so it could be 3.x m high celing but i cant confirm

I rem it was 2.9m which is pretty std ...

tria123
05-11-12, 20:19
I rem it was 2.9m which is pretty std ...
Ground floor is 3.4m, 2nd floor & above is 2.9m according to agent.

zeamybro
07-11-12, 16:49
http://i46.tinypic.com/4gn6na.jpg

phantom_opera
07-11-12, 17:11
wow the progress is super fast ...

focus
07-11-12, 17:20
so confirmed the penthouses cannot see the reservoir... only see the trees in front?.. Night time very scary leh.. i image heads hanging from the trees.. Listen to too much ghost stories when young.. now got negative impact.. :(

bakasa2002
07-11-12, 17:41
so confirmed the penthouses cannot see the reservoir... only see the trees in front?.. Night time very scary leh.. i image heads hanging from the trees.. Listen to too much ghost stories when young.. now got negative impact.. :(

I think there's a chance cos from the picture, it looks like the centre block and the one to the left is on higher ground. I rem the 'scary' tree facing units are a food 80-100k more than the pool facing ones. Maybe the owners are ghost story lovers too. :)

bakasa2002
07-11-12, 17:42
wow the progress is super fast ...

If construction goes on at same pace, this is definitely gonna TOP before euhabitat. Both are equally larger plot of land w many blocks.

oreo
09-11-12, 15:45
Is the showflat still there??

zeamybro
09-11-12, 16:10

Yes, the physical building still there, with lights turned on when i drove past a couple of days ago. But not sure if it is still opened to the public, cos much of the showflat carpark spaces have already been boarded up for constructions.

bakasa2002
09-11-12, 23:59

oreo you getting another unit? :D

zeamybro
11-11-12, 20:18
Project left with 3 units, all penthouses. Even all strata houses have been sold.

I remember the project was initially not moving as fast as some other projects which were launched around the same time eg Bedok Res, EuHabitat, RippleBay, but now it has taken over them.

Oh yes Oreo, the showflat is still opened.

radha08
11-11-12, 20:41
Ground floor is 3.4m, 2nd floor & above is 2.9m according to agent.

is it the norm in that most new condos gnd floor is higher ceiling than the rest in my previous condo...my gnd flr was same height..

bakasa2002
11-11-12, 20:46
Project left with 3 units, all penthouses. Even all strata houses have been sold.

I remember the project was initially not moving as fast as some other projects which were launched around the same time eg Bedok Res, EuHabitat, RippleBay, but now it has taken over them.

Oh yes Oreo, the showflat is still opened.
And best part, it's is not cheap ... in fact probably only priced lower than Euhabitat, BR among the lot you have mentioned. Wonder what the profile of the buyers be like ...

3 units left and showflat remain open? Agent everyday must be swatting flies ... Or midges .... ;)

zeamybro
11-11-12, 20:53
And best part, it's is not cheap ... in fact probably only priced lower than BR among the lot you have mentioned. Wonder what the profile of the buyers be like ...

3 units left and showflat remain open? Agent everyday must be swatting flies ... Or midges .... ;)

I guess buyers are smart enough to judge whether its cheap or not when they invested here. There were 3 groups of customers being served in the showflat this morn when I went in to kpo for 10min while waiting for my mum to do her groceries at NTUC.

bakasa2002
11-11-12, 20:59
I guess buyers are smart enough to judge whether its cheap or not when they invested here. There were 3 groups of customers being served in the showflat this morn when I went in to kpo for 10min while waiting for my mum to do her groceries at NTUC.

wow, so few units left still attracted quite a few buyers ... It seems like really sell out soon. I think the PH quantum is above 2.5mil? Seems like there are a niche group that really like the place.

Zeamybro, you seems familiar with the area so wanted to ask you some time about the place. It seems like most of the shophouses there biz not so good. What do you think the problem is? There is not big enough a catchment area or problem with the tenant mix? I only notice the Chinese Sinseh shops, ntuc and maybe sheng siong is busy, the rest of the other shops quite quiet .... Notice a few bird shops when I past by there too. ;)

zeamybro
11-11-12, 21:13
wow, so few units left still attracted quite a few buyers ... It seems like really sell out soon. I think the PH quantum is above 2.5mil? Seems like there are a niche group that really like the place.

Zeamybro, you seems familiar with the area so wanted to ask you some time about the place. It seems like most of the shophouses there biz not so good. What do you think the problem is? There is not big enough a catchment area or problem with the tenant mix? I only notice the Chinese Sinseh shops, ntuc and maybe sheng siong is busy, the rest of the other shops quite quiet .... Notice a few bird shops when I past by there too. ;)

I also duno who will buy the ph over there, cos with this quantum, can easily settle for a FH right? Mabbe those who really appreciate the reservoir park and want big space would go for the PH. I was quoted 2.8mil for one of the PH.

I bobian have to go there v often to fetch the kids from the child care centre. I think biz there is relatively quiet cos parking is a problem plus not much population (yet). Last time biz supported by the waterfront hudc residents but later got pulled down to make way for waterfront condos. Hdbs nearer to kaki bukit side would rather go to the blk 631 market. But I think with the upcoming condos plus belvia, the place shld turn more vibrant.

zeamybro
11-11-12, 22:17
Bakasa bro.. FYI from squarefoot

Much more local buyers for archi

Archipelago
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 80.4%, PR 14.8%, FOREIGNER 4.6%, COMPANY 0.2%
BUYER PROFILE BY PURCHASER ADDRESS#
HDB 47.4%, PRIVATE 52.6%

Bedok Residences
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 79.2%, PR 8.7%, FOREIGNER 10.9%, COMPANY 1.2%
HDB 38.6%, PRIVATE 61.4%

Euhabitat
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 48.6%, PR 13.0%, FOREIGNER 37.5%, COMPANY 0.9%
HDB 42.4%, PRIVATE 57.6%

Waterfront isle
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 58.4%, PR 12.5%, FOREIGNER 29.2%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 44.8%, PRIVATE 55.2%

bakasa2002
12-11-12, 09:14
Bakasa bro.. FYI from squarefoot

Much more local buyers for archi

Archipelago
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 80.4%, PR 14.8%, FOREIGNER 4.6%, COMPANY 0.2%
HDB 47.4%, PRIVATE 52.6%

Bedok Residences
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 79.2%, PR 8.7%, FOREIGNER 10.9%, COMPANY 1.2%
HDB 38.6%, PRIVATE 61.4%

Euhabitat
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 48.6%, PR 13.0%, FOREIGNER 37.5%, COMPANY 0.9%
HDB 42.4%, PRIVATE 57.6%

Waterfront isle
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 58.4%, PR 12.5%, FOREIGNER 29.2%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 44.8%, PRIVATE 55.2%

Thanks Zeamy. ;)

carbuncle
12-11-12, 09:45
eu habitat is ah tiongs? ?

bakasa2002
12-11-12, 09:49

Rem I was there at the launch and there were lots of them tucked at one corner enjoying the buffet hosted by FEO on a weekday evening. Not sure how many splash the cash to get a unit but I think the mix will be bigger than Archi ...

I personally would prefer Archi over Euhabitat not becos' of the tiongs but I felt it is in a quieter location and probably traffic is less congested too ...

zeamybro
12-11-12, 10:10

Think not just EuHabitat, but for most FEO projects u will see significantly higher % of foreigner buyers.

~80% of local buyers for most other projects, but only ~50% local buyers for most FEO projects?

radha08
14-11-12, 22:18
Rem I was there at the launch and there were lots of them tucked at one corner enjoying the buffet hosted by FEO on a weekday evening. Not sure how many splash the cash to get a unit but I think the mix will be bigger than Archi ...

I personally would prefer Archi over Euhabitat not becos' of the tiongs but I felt it is in a quieter location and probably traffic is less congested too ...

bro when come to free buffet sporeans first in que...:doh:

zeamybro
14-11-12, 22:23

Bro if u serve your oyster chicken, I first to queue :D :D :D

bakasa2002
14-11-12, 23:18

Probably ... but then no Singaporeans are invited leh ... at least not the day I was there. Their accents are distinctive enough for me, or rather quite audible to me though I was quite a distance away ...

Btw, just pass Archi site at 9+, the cranes are still working!!! Is UOL in need of $ after reporting losses? :tongue3:

bakasa2002
14-11-12, 23:24
Bro if u serve your oyster chicken, I first to queue :D :D :D
Zeamy, what's w Radha oyster chicken? It's making me hungry ...

zeamybro
15-11-12, 07:32
Zeamy, what's w Radha oyster chicken? It's making me hungry ...

Bakasa - refer to this post from radhaha
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=331505#post331505

And yeps, before the ABSD for foreigners, the PRC buyers would come in buses. That explains why only ~50% of EuHabitat and WFI were bought by Singaporeans.

carbuncle
15-11-12, 08:52
UOL strength to strength

http://sbr.com.sg/sites/default/files/news/Capture_44.JPG

bakasa2002
15-11-12, 09:07

And yeps, before the ABSD for foreigners, the PRC buyers would come in buses. That explains why only ~50% of EuHabitat and WFI were bought by Singaporeans.

Haha ... Thanks for the link ... Camping here for bro radha oyster chicken ... ;)

Zeamy, thanks for the tip. You are right. the ABSD was slapped a day before Archi was launched. I rem that! That's why the project kind of stalled when launched in late Nov/early Dec last yr. Time files, we are close to a year now ...

bakasa2002
15-11-12, 09:09
UOL strength to strength

http://sbr.com.sg/sites/default/files/news/Capture_44.JPG

Thanks for the info. It looks like a case of slow and steady for UOL. They are a rather conservative and prudent developer, as in do not bid aggressive or hold a large land bank but still doing ok ... Maybe it's Tiong Seng that is in need of $$$ ... Hahahha...

bakasa2002
15-11-12, 13:27
3 units left ... must be the 3 x PH units zeamybro mentioned ...

Impressive that this slow started manage to gather speed over the past few mths and hitting >99% sold so soon. I was expecting it to take longer than 1 year to sell ...

zeamybro
15-11-12, 21:15
Thanks for the info. It looks like a case of slow and steady for UOL. They are a rather conservative and prudent developer, as in do not bid aggressive or hold a large land bank but still doing ok ... Maybe it's Tiong Seng that is in need of $$$ ... Hahahha...

Yeps i agree. UOL seems to be very selective in the lands they bidded. A number of projects from them are really selling very well ie. Waterbank, Southbank, Katong Regency, and now i guess you could now add Archipelago in the list.

bakasa2002
17-11-12, 10:59
Yeps i agree. UOL seems to be very selective in the lands they bidded. A number of projects from them are really selling very well ie. Waterbank, Southbank, Katong Regency, and now i guess you could now add Archipelago in the list.

Hahaha ... Ya, other than their Bright hill plot which had everybody scratching their head with the price they bidded, at least until TRL is announced. The only one they had in their land band is St Pat's plot.

I am wondering how much they gonna priced it! :doh:

radha08
20-11-12, 00:14

alamak now i paiseh...:ashamed1: ...but no lah seriously whats the point of having nice house and eating out...have a nice house...cook ur own meals..have some wine thats life...what else this country got to offer...SERIOUSLY nothing:confused: ...so make ur own little home ur paradise and live well...:cheers4:

carbuncle
20-11-12, 09:11
got... gardens by the bay and alexandra waves and canopy walk and hortpark and reservoirs....

we all own part of these ok.

ur house garden and pond how big also cant fight la...

bakasa2002
20-11-12, 09:38
alamak now i paiseh...:ashamed1: ...but no lah seriously whats the point of having nice house and eating out...have a nice house...cook ur own meals..have some wine thats life...what else this country got to offer...SERIOUSLY nothing:confused: ...so make ur own little home ur paradise and live well...:cheers4:
Radha, come to think of it, you should have gotten a Archi PES unit. I think the psf was <900 and it is pretty large patio in the front and back, which should suit you perfectly. Another plus is there is a park right next to it to walk your dog ....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/ArchiPES.jpg

radha08
20-11-12, 10:08
Radha, come to think of it, you should have gotten a Archi PES unit. I think the psf was <900 and it is pretty large patio in the front and back, which should suit you perfectly. Another plus is there is a park right next to it to walk your dog ....

nice bro but the size is huge so would have cost 1.2 to 1.3m...:scared-4:...like i said cm6...really hit me bad...:banghead:...so just can afford basic 3 bedder with big patio below 1m...:(...if i wait somemore cm 7 8 9...dunno how end up 1 bedder with patio...:scared-1::D

radha08
20-11-12, 10:09
got... gardens by the bay and alexandra waves and canopy walk and hortpark and reservoirs....

we all own part of these ok.

ur house garden and pond how big also cant fight la...

urghh yup not only we own the bangla and pinoys also...:scared-1::D

lajia
20-11-12, 11:21
I think this is nice, how much would that be? I'm also a gnd flr lover :D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/ArchiPES.jpg

zeamybro
20-11-12, 12:44

Archi's PES units can enjoy much privacy, esp if your unit is sitted on the higher part of the hill ie. the edge of the PES would be downslopes all the way before hitting the jogging track. So you dont have to worry about people lurking outside your PES.

carbuncle
20-11-12, 15:08
if u see any lurking and looking ard ur PES then... u can double confirm is not human....

bakasa2002
20-11-12, 15:32
I think this is nice, how much would that be? I'm also a gnd flr lover :D

hi lajia, i think they range fr 1.3 to 1.4, cos' it's about 900psf for 15xx sf GF 3br when I enquired but they are all sold out ... You need to pick them up closer to TOP ... ;)

bakasa2002
20-11-12, 15:36
Archi's PES units can enjoy much privacy, esp if your unit is sitted on the higher part of the hill ie. the edge of the PES would be downslopes all the way before hitting the jogging track. So you dont have to worry about people lurking outside your PES.

Hahaha ... You are right, I rem seeing the model esp the units facing the road, they are on high ground. In fact higher than the roof top of the bus stop! :)

radha08
20-11-12, 15:43
that time arch time i was looking at fv...haiya thats the problem..just look n look..end up kena squeeze by CM:doh:

bakasa2002
20-11-12, 15:48
that time arch time i was looking at fv...haiya thats the problem..just look n look..end up kena squeeze by CM:doh:

I was there at FV too ... about the same time ... I kanna squeeze out by the pricing and CM ... :banghead:

tria123
20-11-12, 20:56
Hahaha ... You are right, I rem seeing the model esp the units facing the road, they are on high ground. In fact higher than the roof top of the bus stop! :)
The opposite HDB flat will see u and the tree is not tall enough to cover this high ground.

zeamybro
20-11-12, 21:42
The opposite HDB flat will see u and the tree is not tall enough to cover this high ground.
Pic was taken from the 11th floor of the opposite HDB block. Trees are short on the archi side, but i think the clusters of trees on the HDB side would provide much privacy for the PES units.

Thanks to the mini park in front of the HDB. Think archi is at least 60-100m away from the HDB block (except for the 2 right most stacks)

http://i48.tinypic.com/339ho5t.jpg

bakasa2002
22-11-12, 15:32
Pic was taken from the 11th floor of the opposite HDB block. Trees are short on the archi side, but i think the clusters of trees on the HDB side would provide much privacy for the PES units.

Thanks to the mini park in front of the HDB. Think archi is at least 60-100m away from the HDB block (except for the 2 right most stacks)

Looking at the pictures and going pass it, you really realise how massive the place is. Vaguely rem agent saying from one end to the other of the proj is about 350m. That's really good exercise if you stay at the block right next to Bedok North Rd and need to go Sheng Siong!

Btw, any idea what is the vacant plot across the road and the ones near MRT going to be used for?

radha08
22-11-12, 16:07
Looking at the pictures and going pass it, you really realise how massive the place is. Vaguely rem agent saying from one end to the other of the proj is about 350m. That's really good exercise if you stay at the block right next to Bedok North Rd and need to go Sheng Siong!

Btw, any idea what is the vacant plot across the road and the ones near MRT going to be used for?

i think that one is industrial land

ppty
10-12-12, 18:56
Yes Archipelago is now FULLY SOLD OUT !

Congrats to all owners - Cheers!

bakasa2002
10-12-12, 20:27

The remaining 3 PH is all gone? Took them a year but UOL did a remarkable job considering the bad press n relatively high quantum ...

buttercarp
10-12-12, 20:55

How was the prices of the last few remaining units?
Did the developer give a better discount?

bakasa2002
10-12-12, 23:21
How was the prices of the last few remaining units?
Did the developer give a better discount?

I think the PH were above 2.5mil and it shd be in the region of 800-900psf if I am not wrong. This development got quite a few PH cos' it's low rise and quite a no. of block. If you visited the showflat, u get to see the actual 5br PH layout, pretty efficient and good use of space as w most units in Archipelago.

zeamybro
10-12-12, 23:55
Wow din expect a 100% sold out, was initially thinking they are rushing one of the blocks fast to use it as an actual show unit like FV for the PH.

From my knowledge, UOL has been v firm on the prices. There were only upward adjustments on the price throughout the past one year ...

buttercarp
11-12-12, 07:11
I think the PH were above 2.5mil and it shd be in the region of 800-900psf if I am not wrong. This development got quite a few PH cos' it's low rise and quite a no. of block. If you visited the showflat, u get to see the actual 5br PH layout, pretty efficient and good use of space as w most units in Archipelago.

Yes, I agree that the 5 br PH layout is well designed.
I was hoping that it would be still available after TOP and that they will give a good discount. But in this feverish property market, I will expect that they will vanish rapidly like the mist of the morning dew.

chiaberry
11-12-12, 07:38
For own stay, the dual key and PH are a good buy in my opinion. This devt is not so claustrophobic with large number of units like others and having the greenery in the backyard is a bonus. But I think I would not go out into the park at night. :cool:

zeamybro
11-12-12, 08:28
V soon ppl will regard archipelago as a typical 'old layout design' project with v spacious rooms that can fit king bed for master and queen beds for common rooms, just like how we see the older projects now with rooms that could even fit in a tv console, dressing table and study desks. Next time the rooms could barely fit in a queen bed, or have push the bed one side all the way to the walls

buttercarp
11-12-12, 08:56
V soon ppl will regard archipelago as a typical 'old layout design' project with v spacious rooms that can fit king bed for master and queen beds for common rooms, just like how we see the older projects now with rooms that could even fit in a tv console, dressing table and study desks. Next time the rooms could barely fit in a queen bed, or have push the bed one side all the way to the walls

Yes, now that you mentioned it that I realized why I got so attached to it when I saw the developement's layout.
It reminds me of Loyang Valley where I grew up.

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 09:06

yeap, v true. now it is really hard to find new development that can fit in a q size bed wo pushing all the way to the ways. I took a look at Seletar PR over the wkend and the draw was the high ceiling but the common bedrooms are definitely smaller. Balcony can convert to a bowling lane though. :)

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 09:16
Yes, now that you mentioned it that I realized why I got so attached to it when I saw the developement's layout.
It reminds me of Loyang Valley where I grew up.
I think Archi can be a gem if it's done up nicely by the developer, it has amenities, coffeeshops nearby, upcoming mrt and a nice park. I have taken a few walks and really love the view at the top of the hill right next to Archi. It really is the best spot of the park during the day. ;)

If driving, it will not be too bad with PIE and Bartley flyover like 5 mins away, quite underrated project but it did sell out earlier than I expected. They are demolishing the showroom soon? ;)

Noexit
11-12-12, 11:16
Yup agree with the wonderful surrounding and mins away from the new MRT station, this project is much evenly spreaded out of the block and comparing to other project ard this area, this project look much neat and proper. Unlike surrounding project so messy and clamp with the among of units and storey they built :banghead: :gun4:

I think Archi can be a gem if it's done up nicely by the developer, it has amenities, coffeeshops nearby, upcoming mrt and a nice park. I have taken a few walks and really love the view at the top of the hill right next to Archi. It really is the best spot of the park during the day. ;)

If driving, it will not be too bad with PIE and Bartley flyover like 5 mins away, quite underrated project but it did sell out earlier than I expected. They are demolishing the showroom soon? ;)

phantom_opera
11-12-12, 11:25
bro bakasa, have u been to block 716 .. take a lift up to 17th floor ... azeoprop got his panorama shot of reservoir there

it is different from top of the hill near Archi .. can see Tampines Quarry Park ;)

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 15:32
bro bakasa, have u been to block 716 .. take a lift up to 17th floor ... azeoprop got his panorama shot of reservoir there

it is different from top of the hill near Archi .. can see Tampines Quarry Park ;)

Ok, will check out the blk 716 the next time I am there. I have been visiting the coffeeshop for prawn noodle lately. Super long wait but quite nice. Still yet to get the chance to try the chicken rice that Zeamy bro recommended. ;)

zeamybro
11-12-12, 15:45
Ok, will check out the blk 716 the next time I am there. I have been visiting the coffeeshop for prawn noodle lately. Super long wait but quite nice. Still yet to get the chance to try the chicken rice that Zeamy bro recommended. ;)

Bakasa .. Haha, that chicken rice stall is buttercarp sis and Radha bro's fave I think.. I actually prefer XiangJi at the blk 631 market. The other one which I find v nice too is in the food court next to shengshiong. Nevertheless, all 3 stalls serve fantastic chicken rice. :D

Yeps, after reading your sharings, I went to experience myself at the hill top behind the archi show flat. Sitted amongst the cushion of greens listening to the birds chirpings and facing the tranquil waters, the feeling is splendid.

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 21:02
Bakasa .. Haha, that chicken rice stall is buttercarp sis and Radha bro's fave I think.. I actually prefer XiangJi at the blk 631 market. The other one which I find v nice too is in the food court next to shengshiong. Nevertheless, all 3 stalls serve fantastic chicken rice. :D

Yeps, after reading your sharings, I went to experience myself at the hill top behind the archi show flat. Sitted amongst the cushion of greens listening to the birds chirpings and facing the tranquil waters, the feeling is splendid.

oops zeamy, got the wrong chicken ... stall. ;) I also like teh XiangJi, esp the secret seasoning that they drizzle on the chicken but I think they load up quite a bit on the MSG. Is the foodcourt you mentioned called variance, quite empty kopitiam right?

Oh, you went up the fill just now, did you pop in the showroom to take a last look before it close? I wonder if it's still open. ;)

buttercarp
11-12-12, 21:17

The chicken rice stall Sheng Kee is at Blk 704 in See Beh Ho eating house.
Blk 716 is 2 bus stops away from it.

One Sunday I tried to buy food from XiangJi.
First of all, so hard to find carpark there.
Then when reached the stall, there was a snake queue and I dunno where was the start.
Also there was no place to sit so I gave up.

Food court besides Sheng Siong? U mean coffee shop?
There got nice chicken rice meh, I tot that one CMI, or is it a new shop?

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 21:24
The chicken rice stall Sheng Kee is at Blk 704 in See Beh Ho eating house. Blk 716 is 2 bus stops away from it.

Thanks .... Is it beside the prawn mee?

If u try the XiangJi, can get the coffee from the stall beside. Not bad too. ;)

zeamybro
11-12-12, 21:42
The chicken rice stall Sheng Kee is at Blk 704 in See Beh Ho eating house.
Blk 716 is 2 bus stops away from it.

One Sunday I tried to buy food from XiangJi.
First of all, so hard to find carpark there.
Then when reached the stall, there was a snake queue and I dunno where was the start.
Also there was no place to sit so I gave up.

Food court besides Sheng Siong? U mean coffee shop?
There got nice chicken rice meh, I tot that one CMI, or is it a new shop?

Sis, the chicken rice at the coffee shop beside shengshiong confirm can make it, and the portion is generous. The biz is v good one ... Been around for a few yrs

buttercarp
11-12-12, 22:26
Sis, the chicken rice at the coffee shop beside shengshiong confirm can make it, and the portion is generous. The biz is v good one ... Been around for a few yrs
Oh, yup it is the one beside the tze char stall near the toilet.
I don't like it.
Yes it can be crowded esp on weekends, perhaps cos they are quite generous.
Personally, I find that whole coffee shop CMI.
Then there is an even more CMI coffee shop next to NTUC.
Wonder how it can survive.
Btw the Malay coffee shop just reopened again after the upgrading.
Previously that one I also don't fancy.
Perhaps I will give it a try now that the new one has opened.

buttercarp
11-12-12, 22:28
Thanks .... Is it beside the prawn mee?

If u try the XiangJi, can get the coffee from the stall beside. Not bad too. ;)

Yes the chicken rice n prawn mee are side by side.

Ok, next time I go to xiangji, I will lim the kopi:) .

zeamybro
11-12-12, 22:50
Oh, yup it is the one beside the tze char stall near the toilet.
I don't like it.
Yes it can be crowded esp on weekends, perhaps cos they are quite generous.
Personally, I find that whole coffee shop CMI.
Then there is an even more CMI coffee shop next to NTUC.
Wonder how it can survive.
Btw the Malay coffee shop just reopened again after the upgrading.
Previously that one I also don't fancy.
Perhaps I will give it a try now that the new one has opened.

You know when I was a kiddo in the 80s, this eatery was very vibrant and business was extremely good. Unlike now u see many empty stalls, all the stalls were filled then selling local delights like fried hokkien mee, fried carrot cake, meesiam, western food, BBQ chicken wings, BBQ fish and sotongs, pig's organ soup etc. it was always a challenge to find tables and seats on weekend evenings ... It was considered quite happening then since u seldom see such an eatery concept with so many stalls in the mid 80s

I stopped visiting this place in the 90s and when I finally returned some 2yrs ago, I was surprised to see the state it was in. A great contrast to its vibrant past. Did the demolishing of the waterfront hudc created such a great impact to the business at the reservoir centre? Perhaps there is still a chance for it to make a come back after the TOP of the neighboring condos ....

bakasa2002
11-12-12, 23:03
Zeamybro or butter sis maybe can invest and turn the kopitiam ard? Hehehehe...

zeamybro
21-12-12, 15:56
http://i48.tinypic.com/1zx18wk.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nvqb0o.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2edbno9.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/fddoon.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2r2uekw.jpg

East Lover
21-12-12, 16:03
http://i45.tinypic.com/2edbno9.jpg

Thanks for the pic!

Did u take from the hill top? This is the best spot to view n feel the beauty of bedok reservoir :cheers4:

chiaberry
21-12-12, 16:06
I think the progress is amazing. One year since it was put on sale.

sis chiaberry's maiden venture into MM. Let's see how it goes :D

zeamybro
21-12-12, 16:40
Thanks for the pic!

Did u take from the hill top? This is the best spot to view n feel the beauty of bedok reservoir :cheers4:

Sis EL, not really on the hill top. It's actually not too far away from the most corner inside facing stack of archi, so I guess units at this corner stack shld get somewhat similar views.

price
21-12-12, 17:07
wow UOL is really quite fast!

bakasa2002
21-12-12, 20:59
Seamy bro, these are taken today? I noticed that windows were up for one of the right most unit facing the hdb when I went pass it yest! Really fast hand fast leg but showflat still not demolished...

Any idea if they have fully sold out as rpt earlier?

zeamybro
22-12-12, 08:02
Seamy bro, these are taken today? I noticed that windows were up for one of the right most unit facing the hdb when I went pass it yest! Really fast hand fast leg but showflat still not demolished...

Any idea if they have fully sold out as rpt earlier?

Bakasa, yeah, pics were taken on Friday aftn 21 dec. I took a peep of the show flat from the reservoir side and saw them packing up the furnitures and interior decos. I guess the sf structure will be gone anytime soon.

Yeah, confirmed 100% sold.

bakasa2002
22-12-12, 13:55
Bakasa, yeah, pics were taken on Friday aftn 21 dec. I took a peep of the show flat from the reservoir side and saw them packing up the furnitures and interior decos. I guess the sf structure will be gone anytime soon.

Yeah, confirmed 100% sold.

Thanks for the update. I took a look at the nov figures on ura and see 3 remaining, I tot it was reported wrongly... Hehehe...

Btw, the 1/2br for Archi really look like a good deal now w astronomical Psf for resale and new launches now. The efficient layout also looks v livable. Rem I was v impress w the 2br showflat. It looks really big by tdy stds...

chiaberry
22-12-12, 14:17
Btw, the 1/2br for Archi really look like a good deal now w astronomical Psf for resale and new launches now. The efficient layout also looks v livable. Rem I was v impress w the 2br showflat. It looks really big by tdy stds...

Agree on this.

It was one of the underestimated buys of 2011/2012.

Should be easy to rent out.

ang mohs like greenery. They are not so pantang to worry about the ghosts populating the reservoir.

bakasa2002
22-12-12, 14:25
Agree on this.

It was one of the underestimated buys of 2011/2012.

Should be easy to rent out.

ang mohs like greenery. They are not so pantang to worry about the ghosts populating the reservoir.

Sis, did u get a 1 or 2br there? I realize the 2nr facing rd and pool can be quite a big diff in Psf...

chiaberry
22-12-12, 14:30
Sis, did u get a 1 or 2br there? I realize the 2nr facing rd and pool can be quite a big diff in Psf...

1 br 3rd fl near the slip road. Although I think the 2br layout is one of the best in the market.

zeamybro
30-12-12, 14:39
Bakasa, they have started to board up the remaining compound which was used for the showflat and visitors carparks.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2cr2c81.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/6se7mo.jpg

bakasa2002
31-12-12, 09:23
Bakasa, they have started to board up the remaining compound which was used for the showflat and visitors carparks.

Looks like the tearing down of showroom is imminent. Bro, any idea how they are going to construct this section of the project? I'm asking cos from the earlier pic, it seems that due to the gradient of the small hill that Archi is seated on, they did not have to dig deep for the b1&b2 cp, but for this side which is on level ground w the hdb, they gonna dig deep?

It's interesting to learn more and pretty interesting to see it taking shape as I pass by each day. :)

bakasa2002
19-01-13, 23:22
Saw QBay 1br, still think Archi 1br is better, esp the location of toilet n thought space for WM and Fridge. O&O did a gd job on this one, but QBay score high pts as they have pool viewing 1br compared to Archi.

What is the Psf for 1br at Archi? Quite close to QBay 1br?

chiaberry
19-01-13, 23:36
Saw QBay 1br, still think Archi 1br is better, esp the location of toilet n thought space for WM and Fridge. O&O did a gd job on this one, but QBay score high pts as they have pool viewing 1br compared to Archi.

It was a little higher....varies for the actual unit but around $11xx psf.

Today I was quoted $1092 psf for the Qbay 1 bedder cheapest unit.

One big advantage of the Qbay 1 bedder is that it has a window in the bathroom whereas Archi does not.

If they had given the Archi 1 bedders pool facing, I think they would have sold out much faster. But I think the emphasis in this project was on the larger units. Our friends who bought the large units for their own stay must be so so glad they did. I know some bank staff did so and utilised their bank staff loans before the clamp-down. Great timing for them.

zeamybro
19-01-13, 23:53

Qbay 1br is cheaper by around $50-100psf if comparing low floors vs low floors? But there are only 4 stacks in Qbay as opposed to the all-low rise concept in archi. I think the price difference between the opposite banks of the reservoir is typically around $100psf (taking WV and WFI as references).

I like Qbay 1br layout for the ventilated bathroom and it seems to have more windows, making the unit brighter. But the downside is that visitors would need to cut through the master bed room in order to reach the bathroom. Qbay has an L-shaped layout but archi one is squarish. Qbay also has a bigger bedroom but smaller dining/living. So depends on indiv's preference.

Location wise, archi would have the advantage of being directly next to the reservoir parks, amenities, supermarkets, eateries and upcoming mrt. So it's priced higher ...

chiaberry
20-01-13, 00:10
Yes, the bathroom in the Archi 1 bedder can be accessed from the MBR as well as the living/dining. That is one advantage.

And the walking distance to the MRT is a big plus point.

bakasa2002
20-01-13, 01:01
It was a little higher....varies for the actual unit but around $11xx psf.

Today I was quoted $1092 psf for the Qbay 1 bedder cheapest unit.

One big advantage of the Qbay 1 bedder is that it has a window in the bathroom whereas Archi does not.

If they had given the Archi 1 bedders pool facing, I think they would have sold out much faster. But I think the emphasis in this project was on the larger units. Our friends who bought the large units for their own stay must be so so glad they did. I know some bank staff did so and utilised their bank staff loans before the clamp-down. Great timing for them.

Ok, so it's 10xx vs 11xx for the 1br. I think Qbay also throw in the freebie for fridge and washer, but I didn't really realise the windows for Qbay, need to study the layout again.

Bank staff got clamp down on loans after they bought Archi?

bakasa2002
20-01-13, 01:03
Qbay 1br is cheaper by around $50-100psf if comparing low floors vs low floors? But there are only 4 stacks in Qbay as opposed to the all-low rise concept in archi. I think the price difference between the opposite banks of the reservoir is typically around $100psf (taking WV and WFI as references).

I like Qbay 1br layout for the ventilated bathroom and it seems to have more windows, making the unit brighter. But the downside is that visitors would need to cut through the master bed room in order to reach the bathroom. Qbay has an L-shaped layout but archi one is squarish. Qbay also has a bigger bedroom but smaller dining/living. So depends on indiv's preference.

Location wise, archi would have the advantage of being directly next to the reservoir parks, amenities, supermarkets, eateries and upcoming mrt. So it's priced higher ...
Quite right, I concur that opposite of the bank can have $100 psf diff ... Not sure if it's really worth it. D16 border vs D18 border. hehehe ...

Thanks for the point about the windows ... need to study the Qbay layout again, didn't really pay much attention to windows ...:D

zeamybro
20-01-13, 07:43
Bakasa - I think $10xx is only for the road facing + lower floors at Qbay. I saw the price list that those inner facing ones start from $11xx even for the 2nd floor.

Since I m vested in archi, I would be biased and think that the diff in psf betw the opp banks is definitely worth it, haha. $50-100 psf difference for a big unit would be a lot, but for a 1br we r looking more at the quantum game. For me, I definitely wouldn't mind paying $30-50k more for a much better location with mrt and amenities.

IMHO, there are diff things to look out for when we buy for own stay or rental. For own stay, I would choose the best layouts with the best facings (my definition would be one with the most privacy without direct facing to opp neighbors). Proximity to amenities and MRT would be a bonus but not critical since I drive. But for rentals in an OCR MM, I would think being close to amenities and mrt is critical.

I can't really figure out who would want to rent an OCR mm which is far away from amenities and mrt. I could be proven wrong in due time though

zeamybro
20-01-13, 07:49
Ok, so it's 10xx vs 11xx for the 1br. I think Qbay also throw in the freebie for fridge and washer, but I didn't really realise the windows for Qbay, need to study the layout again.

Bank staff got clamp down on loans after they bought Archi?

Sorry no offence, but you know when I buy houses I don't really heck care abt the freebies or even the tiles which some forumers seem to emphasis a lot on. All these are v small money compared with what you are paying for the hse. To me what's most important is the location, layout and project landscape which are things that could not be changed.

I do enjoy visiting showflats admiring the IDs and furnishings, but never get emotional when doing ppty investments.

chiaberry
20-01-13, 13:28
The finishings for Qbay are also superior to Archi. For Archi 1 bedder it's homogeneous tiles throughout.

For Qbay, it's compressed marble in the living/dining and bathroom with one natural marble feature wall in the bathroom. Timber strips in the bedroom.

Personally I also feel that the location is an impt factor if the unit is for rental.

And for a rental unit, homogeneous tiles are easier to maintain than marble and wood. At least you won't be asked to polish the marble and sand the floors for the next tenant.

That's to add to the pros and cons of Archi vs Qbay. But anyway Archi is history, all sold out already. Unless one is contemplating picking up a unit nearer to TOP.

bakasa2002
20-01-13, 14:12
Sorry no offence, but you know when I buy houses I don't really heck care abt the freebies or even the tiles which some forumers seem to emphasis a lot on. All these are v small money compared with what you are paying for the hse. To me what's most important is the location, layout and project landscape which are things that could not be changed.

I do enjoy visiting showflats admiring the IDs and furnishings, but never get emotional when doing ppty investments.

No prob, I'm learning lots from u guys and u r right, the freebies are just a sweetener if everything else is right...

Actually speaking about layout, QBay is quite good too, only e utility rm away fr the kitchen takes a bit of getting used to for a 3br. When u say project landscape, I think Archi will be quite nice too except the site is longish, so there is a limitation of how the land is used...

zeamybro
20-01-13, 14:40
http://i47.tinypic.com/21mdwyr.jog

http://i46.tinypic.com/soygk0.jpg

zeamybro
20-01-13, 15:05
The finishings for Qbay are also superior to Archi. For Archi 1 bedder it's homogeneous tiles throughout.

For Qbay, it's compressed marble in the living/dining and bathroom with one natural marble feature wall in the bathroom. Timber strips in the bedroom.

Personally I also feel that the location is an impt factor if the unit is for rental.

And for a rental unit, homogeneous tiles are easier to maintain than marble and wood. At least you won't be asked to polish the marble and sand the floors for the next tenant.

That's to add to the pros and cons of Archi vs Qbay. But anyway Archi is history, all sold out already. Unless one is contemplating picking up a unit nearer to TOP.

So true.

I know of buyers who requested UOL to replace their homogeneous tiles with marble at a couple of thousand dollars top up.

I personally prefer homogeneous tiles. I have a unit that comes with very nice white marble floorings but after one year, a few slabs turned yellowish. Spent quite a bit on chemical cleaning but the stains came back again after sometime. Now I will avoid soft white marbles ....

bakasa2002
21-01-13, 21:26
So true.

I know of buyers who requested UOL to replace their homogeneous tiles with marble at a couple of thousand dollars top up.

I personally prefer homogeneous tiles. I have a unit that comes with very nice white marble floorings but after one year, a few slabs turned yellowish. Spent quite a bit on chemical cleaning but the stains came back again after sometime. Now I will avoid soft white marbles ....

Quite true, for rental and own stay, the focus is v diff. Got a question about marble in entire bathroom , wldn't it just have a few patches here and there after a few years, considering the shower and shampoo will probably be 'absorb' by the stone?

Btw, was at the ntuc just now and saw it was boarded up all the way to the HDB carpark and the showflat is torn down already .... That's really fast!

zeamybro
21-01-13, 21:57
:confused:
Quite true, for rental and own stay, the focus is v diff. Got a question about marble in entire bathroom , wldn't it just have a few patches here and there after a few years, considering the shower and shampoo will probably be 'absorb' by the stone?

Btw, was at the ntuc just now and saw it was boarded up all the way to the HDB carpark and the showflat is torn down already .... That's really fast!

Good qn but am not a flooring expert so may not be able to ans yr qn. My shower area flooring is made up of dark (black) marble tiles and i believe sealants were also applied to protect against chemical corrosions.

But the other parts of the masterbath was made of soft white marble ... It really look very elegant in the beginning but unfortunately tiny spots of yellowish stains start to appear here and there after one yr.

The common bathroom was spared cos it was made of creamy white marble.. So I guess whatever stains (if there is any) would be less obvious.

azeoprop
28-01-13, 14:53
Update 28th Jan 2013. :)

bargain hunter
28-02-13, 20:18
UOL estimates TOP date Q4 2014

chiaberry
07-03-13, 20:51
Bank just disbursed the next 10%.

It's coming along well...:cool:

bakasa2002
08-03-13, 00:11
Bank just disbursed the next 10%.

It's coming along well...:cool:

Congrats. Pass by the site, it seems to be progressing really well...

zeamybro
17-03-13, 21:33
I received news that Mr B. Goh, the property agent who sold me my archipelago unit, has passed away peacefully.

Thank you for your time and effort in making my transaction a smooth and pleasant one. R.I.P

benedictlimcw
05-04-13, 17:37
Anyone has any updated photos of the Construction progress? :)

azeoprop
05-04-13, 20:51
I received news that Mr B. Goh, the property agent who sold me my archipelago unit, has passed away peacefully.

Thank you for your time and effort in making my transaction a smooth and pleasant one. R.I.P

OMG, rest in peace.... :(

kane
05-04-13, 21:57
Bless his soul...

bakasa2002
05-04-13, 22:24

I pass by there almost daily, progress look good. uOL estimate top 4Q nx yr but I suspect it be later.

Benedict, did u buy a unit there?

bakasa2002
06-04-13, 18:14
Took a walk at the park and these are the photos ...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/8A1FBDA5-CDAD-49BC-BF17-5F130739DBE1-9657-00000B68203C7075_zpsa2c699b2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/EA0BBD09-92D4-48C7-9B75-8021224B20B4-9657-00000B6822B8E8A5_zpsdad7b504.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/57F81455-1B04-4B0D-8BD1-768CA518CACB-9657-00000B682512EC94_zps308d0e64.jpg

benedictlimcw
06-04-13, 21:12
I pass by there almost daily, progress look good. uOL estimate top 4Q nx yr but I suspect it be later.

Benedict, did u buy a unit there?
Yeap! Hope it is all I imagined it to be :)

Thanks for the photos! You got a unit there too?

I also doubt the TOP can be next year. Still long way more to go ...

zeamybro
07-04-13, 10:56

Must give face to your maiden post ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2606hvk.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2i70dvc.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/3320w21.jpg

benedictlimcw
07-04-13, 11:15
Must give face to your maiden post ...

Thank you for the photos! You stay across?

zeamybro
07-04-13, 11:19
Thank you for the photos! You stay across?

Haha no la, just went there to take photos in response to your request

zeamybro
07-04-13, 11:29
http://i49.tinypic.com/28lrggz.jpg

Fairy
08-04-13, 14:56
Hi fellow owners,

I'm a newbie, bought a unit at Archi too.. Benedict, which type of unit did you buy, facing? How about you, Zeamybro? :) can't wait for it to TOP, hopefully in time for CNY2015!

phantom_opera
08-04-13, 16:31
some (premium) units have pocket reservoir view through the trees ... if the tree grows and grows then no view :banghead:

zeamybro
08-04-13, 19:02
The selling point of this project was never really on having reservoir views (nothing fantastic abt seeing reservoir anyway). It's about being close to the nature, or rather, facing or sitted directly next to the greeneries ... A condo within the park

babyt
08-04-13, 20:01
just pray the midget swarm don't appear again. :D

benedictlimcw
08-04-13, 20:12
Hi fellow owners,

I'm a newbie, bought a unit at Archi too.. Benedict, which type of unit did you buy, facing? How about you, Zeamybro? :) can't wait for it to TOP, hopefully in time for CNY2015!

Mine's facing inwards. One of the ground floor units. Hopefully with just 4 households above me, there will be lower probability of accidental litter.

How about you?

The selling point of this project was never really on having reservoir views (nothing fantastic abt seeing reservoir anyway). It's about being close to the nature, or rather, facing or sitted directly next to the greeneries ... A condo within the park

Well, if you want the view, just walk behind and go up the hill. The view is really breath-taking. Need to buy myself a picnic mat once I shift in ... can have weekend picnics there :)

Thanks for the Photo zeamybro.

benedictlimcw
08-04-13, 20:25
just pray the midget swarm don't appear again. :D

Hopefully by time Archi TOP, the "study" is completed and they will know the cause of the midget problems and be able to tackle the issue.

Fairy
09-04-13, 11:25
Mine's facing inwards. One of the ground floor units. Hopefully with just 4 households above me, there will be lower probability of accidental litter.

How about you?

Well, if you want the view, just walk behind and go up the hill. The view is really breath-taking. Need to buy myself a picnic mat once I shift in ... can have weekend picnics there :)

Thanks for the Photo zeamybro.

My unit is inward facing too, not ground floor though. Kind of regret not getting a patio unit :P but a bit apprehensive about the privacy and security part .. when did you get your unit? When I was choosing my unit, I think there wasnt any pool facing patio units left le.. Do you stay nearby in Bedok? What makes you choose a unit here? Hehe.. it's actually a bit off the main places compared to those at Tanah Merah and much more expensive than those in Tampines..

Thanks zeamybro, progress looks good!

benedictlimcw
09-04-13, 15:32
My unit is inward facing too, not ground floor though. Kind of regret not getting a patio unit :P but a bit apprehensive about the privacy and security part .. when did you get your unit? When I was choosing my unit, I think there wasnt any pool facing patio units left le.. Do you stay nearby in Bedok? What makes you choose a unit here? Hehe.. it's actually a bit off the main places compared to those at Tanah Merah and much more expensive than those in Tampines..

Thanks zeamybro, progress looks good!

Exactly because of the privacy issue that I did not choose those facing the pool. Ground floor units only viable if there aren't many units above (like those in boutique apartments, max 5 floors like Archi). So when I saw Archi selling them, I bee-lined for them. Lucky to still manage to get one as I only bought it around August last year. Most of the choice units already taken up.

As to why I choose it, because it was much cheaper than similar sized units around, like Tanah Merah, WFW and WFK, and without a bomb shelter and no bay windows. And with the upcoming DTL, it would be pretty convenient for my kids and even me, since I work in a company very close to one of the DTL stations. Can consider selling my car then :p

As for the security, probably have to put in place cameras, motion detectors and lighting. I'm sure the condo will also have ample security which should also mitigate the security risks.

Wonder with the new rules about PES being part of the 10% bonus GFA, would my unit be worth more in future? :p

Fairy
10-04-13, 11:41
I think you made right choice getting a ground floor unit :) Not facing pool? Then you must be facing the strate houses, I believe.. ? :P

You only bought in Aug? I bought in May, maybe I wasnt focusing on the patio units thus didnt take note of them.

I think with the new ruling, ground units like Archi with a relatively big PES should be in good demand..;) Feels like living in a landed :cheers1:

The downtown line is a bonus. But have you tried walking the distance though?

benedictlimcw
11-04-13, 00:08
I think you made right choice getting a ground floor unit :) Not facing pool? Then you must be facing the strate houses, I believe.. ? :P

You only bought in Aug? I bought in May, maybe I wasnt focusing on the patio units thus didnt take note of them.

I think with the new ruling, ground units like Archi with a relatively big PES should be in good demand..;) Feels like living in a landed :cheers1:

The downtown line is a bonus. But have you tried walking the distance though?

Not yet. But I'm guessing it is at least 500m from the main entrance?

zeamybro
11-04-13, 13:10
Not yet. But I'm guessing it is at least 500m from the main entrance?

Did some agaration last time ...

Direct from main entrance
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4067&d=1336834651

Detour along main road using shelter
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4066&d=1336833692

Zeus
12-04-13, 01:47
I am Zeus, new here, I bought a unit on April last year, ground floor with patio, corner unit facing inwards the strata house, i guess that block will be one of the last to be built. Sigh! Time seems to past so slow for me, at least 2 more years of waiting.

benedictlimcw
13-04-13, 15:23
Did some agaration last time ...

Direct from main entrance
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4067&d=1336834651

Detour along main road using shelter
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4066&d=1336833692

As my unit is at the corner of the estate, need to add another 100-150m to the equation.

I am Zeus, new here, I bought a unit on April last year, ground floor with patio, corner unit facing inwards the strata house, i guess that block will be one of the last to be built. Sigh! Time seems to past so slow for me, at least 2 more years of waiting.

Zeus, welcome. Your unit is at the side nearest the town center or the other side near the junior clubhouse?

Zeus
15-04-13, 14:40
Hi Benedict, to be exact the unit i bought is at Blk 501, right hand side , near to town centre , facing strata house unit 571.Whereabout the unit you bought, Ben?

There's 3 reasons why i choose this unit , firstly, it is away from the pool , preferably a more quieter and some privacy, secondly, is the size, with quite generous size of 143 sq m(1539 sq ft) for a 3 roomer ground floor with patio is quite a good deal. Lastly to be closed to nature at the Bedok water reservoir and see or touch the large trees and the unobstructed view of the whole reservoir from the top hill is breath taking, this is the best we can get here on a daily basis, when living in a concrete jungle like Spore.

Fairy
15-04-13, 18:14
Hi Zeus,

Finally this thread is more active... think most of the ppl who bought this place don't really read forums :P

Looks like you have got a nice quiet corner there. :cheers1:

Do you now live in Bedok area as well? How about you too, Benedict?

benedictlimcw
15-04-13, 23:04
Hi Benedict, to be exact the unit i bought is at Blk 501, right hand side , near to town centre , facing strata house unit 571.Whereabout the unit you bought, Ben?

Mine is at the other end, beside the junior clubhouse. Also hoping for privacy, but I think there will be noise when there are functions at that clubhouse. Praying that as time passes, less people will hold functions there. ;)

Hi Zeus,

Yes, I am living in the Bedok area now. Yourself?

tria123
16-04-13, 00:27
Hi, I also bought a 2bdr last year March, I was quite surprise at that time there still a lot of units unsold although it have been in the market for quite sometime.

Fairy
16-04-13, 16:59
I'm living in Bedok too :)

Actually not so surprising.. think it's the effects of the large nos of ppl "jumping" into the reservoir, high prices at that point of time, the effect of CM of additional 10% (?) for foreigners.. I think the midgets problem might have some effect too...

But somehow the units seem to move very fast towards the 2nd half of last year...

benedictlimcw
17-04-13, 10:19
I'm living in Bedok too :)

Actually not so surprising.. think it's the effects of the large nos of ppl "jumping" into the reservoir, high prices at that point of time, the effect of CM of additional 10% (?) for foreigners.. I think the midgets problem might have some effect too...

But somehow the units seem to move very fast towards the 2nd half of last year...

My decision was made in consideration of the higher prices of the other condos around the area, e.g. the Waterfront Series and those in Tanah Merah, and they didn't have the reservoir and shorter drive to PIE.

Hope no more bad news in the area and also hoping the government coming up with solution for the midgets.

I saw that they put up nettings around the reservoir. Does it reduce the amount of Midgets flying towards the residential areas?

Maybe we should start up a Facebook Group for Owners? Anybody have experience doing that?

oreo
19-04-13, 01:14
I wonder if Archipelago will come under the new ruling by IDA to provide a fiber point and ethernet point in all rooms?

benedictlimcw
19-04-13, 15:55
I wonder if Archipelago will come under the new ruling by IDA to provide a fiber point and ethernet point in all rooms?

I don't know about fiber point, but there is a data point in each room, as stated in the S&P. I assume that means Ethernet point? This is in a seperate column in the table provided in the S&P, and in addition to the Cable TV point and Telephone point which were also mentioned seperately.

oreo
20-04-13, 10:37
Does anyone know the ceiling height for the patio units? Thanks!

tria123
20-04-13, 14:04
Does anyone know the ceiling height for the patio units? Thanks!
Grond floor is 3.4m height, above is 2.9m.

tria123
20-04-13, 14:26
Just ask, anybody know where is the location of the rubbish dump as the floor plan book didn't specify?

Zeus
20-04-13, 16:44
Hi Zeus,

Finally this thread is more active... think most of the ppl who bought this place don't really read forums :P

Looks like you have got a nice quiet corner there. :cheers1:

Hello Fairy, yes i'm living in Bedok, near central MRT, opposite my block is Bedok Residence, which is under construction, as well. I think most of the buyers of Archi are from Bedok or in east area.

I like to thank the person who had made an extra effort to take picture of the development from the opposite hdb blk and to update the photos of the project regularly, thank you very much sir. The updated picture really helps a lot and make it so much easier for us, who are always wanting to know on the speed development of the construction site. Well it seems tremendously fast, when i signed the document and bought it 4 April 2012, and went outside to look at surrounding area from the hill top, there was barely nothing at all, just some bushes, an empty plot of land and a few tractors. Now a year on, April 2013 . Wow, u can see for your self.

zeamybro
20-04-13, 21:40
Just ask, anybody know where is the location of the rubbish dump as the floor plan book didn't specify?

I remember its on the right of block 501. Block 501 and 503 are on level ground, and there is a small road in front of the ground floor road facing units... Mabbe that's the road access to the rubbish dump

zeamybro
20-04-13, 21:55
I remember its on the right of block 501. Block 501 and 503 are on level ground, and there is a small road in front of the ground floor road facing units... Mabbe that's the road access to the rubbish dump

Took a pic of the show model. Rubbish dump should be the small building covered in greens. Looks neat .. So I guess it doesn't really matter la. in fact the small road in front makes it v convenient for the occupants to load or unload bulky stuffs...

Let me know if anyone wants more pics of the show model, cos I took quite a few then

http://i33.tinypic.com/2mwb8dx.jpg

zeamybro
20-04-13, 22:00
Hello Fairy, yes i'm living in Bedok, near central MRT, opposite my block is Bedok Residence, which is under construction, as well. I think most of the buyers of Archi are from Bedok or in east area.

I like to thank the person who had made an extra effort to take picture of the development from the opposite hdb blk and to update the photos of the project regularly, thank you very much sir. The updated picture really helps a lot and make it so much easier for us, who are always wanting to know on the speed development of the construction site. Well it seems tremendously fast, when i signed the document and bought it 4 April 2012, and went outside to look at surrounding area from the hill top, there was barely nothing at all, just some bushes, an empty plot of land and a few tractors. Now a year on, April 2013 . Wow, u can see for your self.

You are welcome Zeus .. Think bro bakasa took quite a number of pics for us too. You can return me a favour by taking pics of Bedok residences progress haha...

Oh ya, I think i signed my S&P on the same day as you on 4th April 2012 ... What a coincidence!