PDA

View Full Version : Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 14:57
Hahahaha ... Yeap, I kind of agree on family and hippies part, can't help but feel that UOL is indeed using Archi to target the mature crowd, so maybe that's why the 1-2bd aren't particularly effective. Lolx!

Didn't get your comment on more nature less privacy, i thought Archi has more privacy as it's tuck to one side of the reservoir rd?

I mean sky garden in WFs are only for residents ... but the little hill in front of Archi is for the construction workers ... oops ... public

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 15:21
Not true, you walk out, 50m you will reach the top of the hill and 220 degree panoramic view .... more nature but less privacy ... WFI/WFG sky garden is to wow the girl friend for reservoir sunset / sunrise b4 bring her back to your 1br to have intimate moment, Archi is more for family, WF is more for hippies
WFI/WFG 1br has bay window and HS

Why risk floaters to spoil that intimate moment... Unless ur a kenabal...

zeamybro
31-05-12, 19:10
window to see your neighour?:D

Windows for ventilation ... To get the cooking smells out of the house ... To dry the mops and rags etc

ppty
02-06-12, 12:29
Nice quarter X 2 page Archi ad in Saturday ST...

phantom_opera
02-06-12, 12:37
风水风水 风生水起 买屋退休 勿洛蓄水

bakasa2002
02-06-12, 13:52
风水风水 风生水起 买屋退休 勿洛蓄水

bro, your chinese no horse run leh ... :P

Komo
02-06-12, 16:55
Windows for ventilation ... To get the cooking smells out of the house ... To dry the mops and rags etc
fully agree on the need for ventilation. for me must have a proper yard attached to the kitchen so can open door for ventilation. drying mops and rags must do in a proper yard (not those draw a line in the kitchen type) or wc. :D

Sleepyhead
05-06-12, 23:44
fully agree on the need for ventilation. for me must have a proper yard attached to the kitchen so can open door for ventilation. drying mops and rags must do in a proper yard (not those draw a line in the kitchen type) or wc. :D

People stick mops and rags out the windows these days. If there is a balcony, that's what you see in the balconies. No balconies, window grills also can. :banghead: :banghead: That's why more and more so, you see new launches, no more decent yard.... only big PES. Must be the developers also can spot the trend of people needing balcony space for hanging laundry and mop.

oreo
08-06-12, 13:09
Does anyone who has bought a unit here, know who I can call to request to make changes to certain fittings? I would like to know the cost of changing the kitchen top to granite. Thanks!

fiyo
08-06-12, 16:48
Oh, didn't know that developers can allow a change of fittings with extra cost. Does all developers allow that?

Sleepyhead
08-06-12, 17:35
Does anyone who has bought a unit here, know who I can call to request to make changes to certain fittings? I would like to know the cost of changing the kitchen top to granite. Thanks!

oh that's a good idea... never knew they can do that. agree that granite will be so much better.. the solid surface worktop in the showflat is already scratched very badly. very unsightly.

chiaberry
08-06-12, 17:40
Quartz work top is better. Granite is porous, liquid can seep inside the material. Quartz is non-porous. It would be better for you to source your own work top. If you leave it to the developer, they will give you what's most convenient and probably the cheapest.

fiyo
08-06-12, 18:02
Didn't notice the worktop in the showroom. Are they giving the same material for all the different size types? Was told that flooring is different for 3 bedder and up.

bakasa2002
08-06-12, 21:39

bro, u bought? I heard u can email developer to ask them to check. I am not vested

zeamybro
09-06-12, 11:34
Just recv and update that he 1/2Br showflat is not ready yet, shld only be up in mid or late June

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 11:42
Didn't notice the worktop in the showroom. Are they giving the same material for all the different size types? Was told that flooring is different for 3 bedder and up.
worktop for 3bdr is black in colour and 4bdr is white, but basically I believe they are all solid surface. If I rem correctly, the 5bdr showflat which they have torn down to make way for 1/2bdr, they use wooden worktop, not sure how it compare to granite/quartz but it looks expensive. :)

For flooring 3 bdr and above be marble and timber strip flooring, except utility n common bath. Common bath looks and feel like marble flooring but it is actually homogenous tiles.

Pardon the picture I took w my iPhone. :P
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/IMG_6700.jpg

zeamybro
09-06-12, 12:53
Personally i dont really find UOL's finishings fantastic but i thought they are slightly above average and decent.

But during my last visit to the showflat, the solid dining top did really WOW me. I thought it looks great, but i dint know it has many scratches (as what one of the bro here has mentioned)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
09-06-12, 13:13
Personally i dont really find UOL's finishings fantastic but i thought they are slightly above average and decent.

But during my last visit to the showflat, the solid dining top did really WOW me. I thought it looks great, but i dint know it has many scratches (as what one of the bro here has mentioned)

Scratches notwithstanding, is this kind of shape design practical? The liquids that spill and track downwards over the sides, it slants inwards to the supporting structure? How you gonna clean the inside joint?

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 13:58

Solid surfaces of any kind are prone to scratch, just that if u use dark solid color, they are more visible than say solid white and they are not able to withstand heat as well as natural stones but adv are they are non-porous. :)

bakasa2002
09-06-12, 14:02
Scratches notwithstanding, is this kind of shape design practical? The liquids that spill and track downwards over the sides, it slants inwards to the supporting structure? How you gonna clean the inside joint?

Good point, if I buy I let u know how I clean ... hahahhaa ....

zeamybro
10-06-12, 21:21
Brought my mum to Sheng Kee Chicken rice for lunch, and decided to KPO a bit ... I know nuts about construction, so cant comment much on the progress....

bakasa2002
10-06-12, 21:36
Brought my mum to Sheng Kee Chicken rice for lunch, and decided to KPO a bit ... I know nuts about construction, so cant comment much on the progress....

thks for the update, seems like quite a bit of land clearing already. :)

Btw, where's the nice chicken rice you talked about? :P

zeamybro
10-06-12, 21:49
thks for the update, seems like quite a bit of land clearing already. :)

Btw, where's the nice chicken rice you talked about? :P

Haha, Sheng Kee is located opp Archipelago at Blk 704, ever featured on TV, and my mum loves it. But personally I prefer 2 other chicken rice stalls around the vicinity. My fave would be Xiang Ji at Blk 630 (market fc), followed by the one near ShengShiong at Blk 739. I would rank Sheng Kee after them.

Bakasa .. i went to Tropika @ East today, the price seems reasonable for a FH, 3BR layout in my opinion is very good, quite a peaceful env esp those facing the landed properties, but then far from amenities and MRT.

fiyo
11-06-12, 14:02
Anyone know if there are still pool facing units available for 2 or 3 bedder? Doesn't matter which floor. Asking on behalf of a friend.

bakasa2002
11-06-12, 14:45
Anyone know if there are still pool facing units available for 2 or 3 bedder? Doesn't matter which floor. Asking on behalf of a friend.

heard 3 bedder no more, not sure abt 2, need to get in touch w a agent.

bakasa2002
11-06-12, 14:48
Haha, Sheng Kee is located opp Archipelago at Blk 704, ever featured on TV, and my mum loves it. But personally I prefer 2 other chicken rice stalls around the vicinity. My fave would be Xiang Ji at Blk 630 (market fc), followed by the one near ShengShiong at Blk 739. I would rank Sheng Kee after them.

Bakasa .. i went to Tropika @ East today, the price seems reasonable for a FH, 3BR layout in my opinion is very good, quite a peaceful env esp those facing the landed properties, but then far from amenities and MRT.

Thks for the update, will try one day if I am nearby. Tropika East looks interesting but have not get a chance to visit yet. What's the prices there after discount?

Besides the amenities n MRT, I am quite wary of the traffic at that stretch of Bedok Reservoir Rd. It makes taking buses or driving both a pain. I suspect it will be much worst when EuHabitat is completed.

buttercarp
11-06-12, 14:55

Sheng Kee is fantastic!
As I mentioned before, it is the next best thing after my grandmother's home cooked, home farmed chicken rice many years ago.

Heard xiang ji is also very good but did not have a chance to try.
Went there on a sunday and goodness gracious...... there was a long long queue and I could hardly find any seats in the food centre.

fiyo
11-06-12, 22:57
heard 3 bedder no more, not sure abt 2, need to get in touch w a agent.

My friend called the showroom. Heard that 2 and 3 bedder pool facing all no more.

fiyo
11-06-12, 22:58
Sheng Kee is fantastic!
As I mentioned before, it is the next best thing after my grandmother's home cooked, home farmed chicken rice many years ago.

Heard xiang ji is also very good but did not have a chance to try.
Went there on a sunday and goodness gracious...... there was a long long queue and I could hardly find any seats in the food centre.

If like that, must go try!

bakasa2002
11-06-12, 23:32
My friend called the showroom. Heard that 2 and 3 bedder pool facing all no more.

I see, the proj almost 70% sold when I last heard, so your friend considering other non-pool facing ones?

zeamybro
11-06-12, 23:33
Thks for the update, will try one day if I am nearby. Tropika East looks interesting but have not get a chance to visit yet. What's the prices there after discount?

Besides the amenities n MRT, I am quite wary of the traffic at that stretch of Bedok Reservoir Rd. It makes taking buses or driving both a pain. I suspect it will be much worst when EuHabitat is completed.

I am not too sure on the 3BR pricing, but I was quoted $10XXpsf for a penthouse unit, so i guess the 3BR should be around $11XX-$12XX psf. It is a FH project directly next to the LH Euhabitat, selling at around the same price I think. Yeah, i agree the traffic could be a pain.

As for Chicken Rice lovers - Yeah Xiang Ji has superb chilli and rice, but i think they put too much MSG la.. The chicken (meat) of Sheng Kee is more superior though.

bakasa2002
12-06-12, 10:05
I am not too sure on the 3BR pricing, but I was quoted $10XXpsf for a penthouse unit, so i guess the 3BR should be around $11XX-$12XX psf. It is a FH project directly next to the LH Euhabitat, selling at around the same price I think. Yeah, i agree the traffic could be a pain.

As for Chicken Rice lovers - Yeah Xiang Ji has superb chilli and rice, but i think they put too much MSG la.. The chicken (meat) of Sheng Kee is more superior though.

News in papers put Tropika East selling 40 of 103 units, prices for 3bdr start fr 1.3mil, not sure if discount is factor in but you are right it will be ard 1250psf for 1033sqf unit 3bdr.

Will try the chicken rice, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like Archi has left w mostly 1-2 bdr and some 3bdr facing strata hses.

fiyo
13-06-12, 23:41
I see, the proj almost 70% sold when I last heard, so your friend considering other non-pool facing ones?

Didn't mention anymore so didn't ask.

bakasa2002
14-06-12, 16:57
Interesting, seems like no one in the forum vested in this proj. Overpriced? Lolx! :)

zeamybro
14-06-12, 17:19
Interesting, seems like no one in the forum vested in this proj. Overpriced? Lolx! :)

Think you probably need to wait until the project is about to TOP, then u will see the owners coming here for whatever discussions...

Majority of the buyers are for own-stay, and this has been perceived as a non-HDB upgraders' project.. thats why u see most if not all of the large units have been sold out, and left with only the 1BR and 2BR ....

I think i really like this project and may consider getting a 1BR ... not expecting good rentals but prob as a weekend home or sort...

fiyo
14-06-12, 22:12

I visited the showroom and for a week I didn't get it out of my head. So we visited it again. This time I stepped out into the park.

I will never forget that moment I stepped out from the show room into the park, especially when I walked towards the jetty. It was a Sunday afternoon and grandma and kids have all disappeared to explore the park.

That was the day we vested. Told mom to move there when TOP 'cos she's in love with that place.

Yes, it's expensive but none of us could get Archi out of our heads. It would be a nightmare if we didn't get it. Just couldn't let it go.

Recommended friend but maybe off budget. Didn't hear it mentioned again so didn't ask.

bakasa2002
14-06-12, 22:21
I visited the showroom and for a week I didn't get it out of my head. So we visited it again. This time I stepped out into the park.

I will never forget that moment I stepped out from the show room into the park, especially when I walked towards the jetty. It was a Sunday afternoon and grandma and kids have all disappeared to explore the park.

That was the day we vested. Told mom to move there when TOP 'cos she's in love with that place.

Yes, it's expensive but none of us could get Archi out of our heads. It would be a nightmare if we didn't get it. Just couldn't let it go.

Recommended friend but maybe off budget. Didn't hear it mentioned again so didn't ask.

Eh, no need vested also can explore park every weekend, right? :)

Congrats on yr purchase, it's a nice proj for own stay. Did I get a good buy? Big unit?

fiyo
14-06-12, 22:42
Eh, no need vested also can explore park every weekend, right? :)

Congrats on yr purchase, it's a nice proj for own stay. Did I get a good buy? Big unit?

Thanks!
Not looking at every weekend. Looking at everyday. :)
Can just push out bikes and go for a ride. Morning walks...
already dreaming...something for everyone at home.

No good buy cos pool facing. :( !

chiaberry
14-06-12, 22:47
Are the 1/2BR show flats up yet? I am interested to view. Quite practical for renting out as I find homogeneous tiles easy to maintain. It will save me $$$ as don't need to polish in between tenants. I like the 2BR layout but out of my budget. The 1BR doesn't have window in the bathroom though.

zeamybro
14-06-12, 23:41
Thanks!
Not looking at every weekend. Looking at everyday. :)
Can just push out bikes and go for a ride. Morning walks...
already dreaming...something for everyone at home.

No good buy cos pool facing. :( !

Yeah ideal for old folks who love to go for their daily morning walks....

Pool facing is alright provided there are no screaming kids playing in the pools, lol. On the other hand, I thought it is rather spooky to face the forests, probably due to bad exp in the army, I tend not to stare into any pitch dark vegetation for more than a few seconds. Imagine u wake up in the middle of the night next to a window facing the trees, and ......::scared-1:

I will go for those high floor units facing the strata, they will be higher than the strata houses and also further away from opposite facing units

fiyo
15-06-12, 10:28
Yeah ideal for old folks who love to go for their daily morning walks....

Pool facing is alright provided there are no screaming kids playing in the pools, lol. On the other hand, I thought it is rather spooky to face the forests, probably due to bad exp in the army, I tend not to stare into any pitch dark vegetation for more than a few seconds. Imagine u wake up in the middle of the night next to a window facing the trees, and ......::scared-1:

I will go for those high floor units facing the strata, they will be higher than the strata houses and also further away from opposite facing units

They had better prices for the ones facing the strata housing. But you can see the HBD blocks from there, so we opted for somewhere enclosed within the heart of the estate (actually also not much choice left). The corner where you can see the reservior was long sold out. The rest of the 'reservior' units are just looking at trees and yes, can be 'scary' at night.

ppty
15-06-12, 13:41
ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD United Venture Development

Total Number of Units in Project 577

Cumulative Units Launched to-date 407

Cumulative Units Sold to-date Cumulative Units
Launched but Unsold 93

Units Launched in the Month 50

Units Sold in the Month 48

bakasa2002
15-06-12, 22:55
Are the 1/2BR show flats up yet? I am interested to view. Quite practical for renting out as I find homogeneous tiles easy to maintain. It will save me $$$ as don't need to polish in between tenants. I like the 2BR layout but out of my budget. The 1BR doesn't have window in the bathroom though.

Still reno when I was there 2wk ago, shd be ready this or nx wk I guess. Maybe they will advertise tmr cos left mostly 1/2 bdr to sell.

Cfm it's homogenous tiles for 1/2bR, is 2bd 900k?

bakasa2002
15-06-12, 23:01
ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD United Venture Development

Total Number of Units in Project 577

Cumulative Units Launched to-date 407

Cumulative Units Sold to-date Cumulative Units
Launched but Unsold 93

Units Launched in the Month 50

Units Sold in the Month 48

It's ironic, the final push needed is mainly 1/2br as I heard most big units are sold out. This proj seems to be going the opposite direction of the typical launches.

phantom_opera
15-06-12, 23:11
It's ironic, the final push needed is mainly 1/2br as I heard most big units are sold out. This proj seems to be going the opposite direction of the typical launches.

you have to give UOL thumbs up ... they really understand how to sell a project near Nature ... Meadow@P was the last one ... once all the bigs are sold out, 1/2br is easy

zeamybro
15-06-12, 23:59

Ya i think UOL may not be very aggressive in marketing but they do have excellent strategies ... just look at how fast the Waterbank@Dakota and Katong Regency moved .....

The focus for this project was on the larger units, so they have showflats for the big units but none for the 1/2BR (which i thot is quite untypical of a showflat). But if my memory doesn fail me, euhabitat also started off with only big unit showflats but later converted some to the smaller ones, and thats when the smaller units really moved faster....

I think 2BR facing road is around 8xxk, strata facing ones are around 9xxk, and pool facing ones are above 1M - prices were quoted before they increased it a couple of mths back...

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 09:41
you have to give UOL thumbs up ... they really understand how to sell a project near Nature ... Meadow@P was the last one ... once all the bigs are sold out, 1/2br is easy

Ya true. They are nature themed king! I realize they only have 2-3 proj selling compare to other developer, they are really selective about replenishing their land bank. Hahahhahaha. Does that also mean the construction likely to complete earlier than say feo, capland?

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 09:44
Ya i think UOL may not be very aggressive in marketing but they do have excellent strategies ... just look at how fast the Waterbank@Dakota and Katong Regency moved .....

The focus for this project was on the larger units, so they have showflats for the big units but none for the 1/2BR (which i thot is quite untypical of a showflat). But if my memory doesn fail me, euhabitat also started off with only big unit showflats but later converted some to the smaller ones, and thats when the smaller units really moved faster....

I think 2BR facing road is around 8xxk, strata facing ones are around 9xxk, and pool facing ones are above 1M - prices were quoted before they increased it a couple of mths back...

Bro, u r rite, their track record is not bad but I rem viewing euhabitat but was a bit turn off cos feo really pack the site w lots of blocks and I reckon traffic there gonna be a killer along jln eunos when completed.

I mean Archi is not particularly well spaced out but it feels less cramp compare to euhabitat IMO. 2br facing road is a tough sell, only saving grace is good layout. I still think Archi can do w less strata and add a tennis court. Hahaha, of cos UOL won't agree to that.

phantom_opera
16-06-12, 09:47
This project will be sold out by end of year, thanks to SH and news of no more CM

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 10:05
This project will be sold out by end of year, thanks to SH and news of no more CM

actually it's kind of strange, I was looking at Archi and FV as similar type of proj but despite the D15 tag, FH status and a not much higher psf, it is taking FV so long to move the units, considering they started in 2010. Is it the cemetery effect? Archi and Bedok reservoir does have it's fair share of floaters too mah ... hehehehe ...

ppty
16-06-12, 11:00
reason is high rise condos are a bunch too many - low rise resort type Archi are rare - u r right abt FV - the cemetery effect - its a permanent effect -

actually it's kind of strange, I was looking at Archi and FV as similar type of proj but despite the D15 tag, FH status and a not much higher psf, it is taking FV so long to move the units, considering they started in 2010. Is it the cemetery effect? Archi and Bedok reservoir does have it's fair share of floaters too mah ... hehehehe ...

phantom_opera
16-06-12, 11:14
Mrt and amenities too, Market is always right

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 12:37
Mrt and amenities too, Market is always right

My missus was saying across the reservoir at Waterview can get at about 900psf and a bit higher can possibly get reservoir view thru subsale, why pay $200 more! Hahaha ... Maybe I can tell her MRT and amenities but she will most likely say it's 200k more!

phantom_opera
16-06-12, 13:23
My missus was saying across the reservoir at Waterview can get at about 900psf and a bit higher can possibly get reservoir view thru subsale, why pay $200 more! Hahaha ... Maybe I can tell her MRT and amenities but she will most likely say it's 200k more!

200k = total cost of 1 Toyota for 10y use

also one in D18, one in D16 ... every one min there is a bus from Bedok Reservoir Road to Bedok Central ... DTL3 also goes all the way to connect with Brash Basah CCL at SMU

zeamybro
16-06-12, 14:06

Don't forget next time u r likely to sell higher also, mabbe more than 200k more :)

I personally like WV too, good choice if u drive, but be prepared to walk much longer distances if u wanna tabao a pack of rice or buy some panadols ....

zeamybro
16-06-12, 14:19

I know of some folks who used to stay in the old FV, and they told me the place is really v inconvenient. Think the price is also rather steep compared with Archi, yes, no?

Anyway, think they closed down the old showflat for more than a yr before they reopened it up again after the actual building was up and used as the showflat. The finishings is excellent.... imo much better than archi though.

fiat500
16-06-12, 17:24
Don't forget next time u r likely to sell higher also, mabbe more than 200k more :)

I personally like WV too, good choice if u drive, but be prepared to walk much longer distances if u wanna tabao a pack of rice or buy some panadols ....
u can buy basic amenities just across WV cos there's a big caltex petrol kiosk with a 24hr convenient store..

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 20:54
200k = total cost of 1 Toyota for 10y use

also one in D18, one in D16 ... every one min there is a bus from Bedok Reservoir Road to Bedok Central ... DTL3 also goes all the way to connect with Brash Basah CCL at SMU

Thks for the tip, I will try this one. Hahahhahaha ...

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 20:57
I know of some folks who used to stay in the old FV, and they told me the place is really v inconvenient. Think the price is also rather steep compared with Archi, yes, no?

Anyway, think they closed down the old showflat for more than a yr before they reopened it up again after the actual building was up and used as the showflat. The finishings is excellent.... imo much better than archi though.

Archi is 1100psf vs FV 1250psf. I do admit that beside the at the bottom of the valley and cemetery feel is not v gd. Amenities wise is not too bad, cos Siglap centre is about 5 min walk downhill n Siglap V is coming up. The road will be pretty jam up cld b another reason.

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 21:27
u can buy basic amenities just across WV cos there's a big caltex petrol kiosk with a 24hr convenient store..

Ya, the sales agent told me about that when i visited the showflat during launch. I will probably need NTUC, kopitiam, clinic nearby cos too lazy to take bus/drive out for little things. :)

bakasa2002
16-06-12, 21:29

Compare FV to Archi, I think indeed the finish is better. What I hate is uol damn neow, nv throw in fridge, built in microwave, coffee maker n washer despite the high price! Lolx!

zeamybro
16-06-12, 23:33
Compare FV to Archi, I think indeed the finish is better. What I hate is uol damn neow, nv throw in fridge, built in microwave, coffee maker n washer despite the high price! Lolx!
Lol... I didn't really notice, but actually those stuffs add up together also not too ex.. I heard some archi agents do give furniture vouchers from their own pocket though

fiyo
17-06-12, 01:11

Actually FV is also quite nice. But it's a valley so some think that it is not ideal fengshui.

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 10:20
Lol... I didn't really notice, but actually those stuffs add up together also not too ex.. I heard some archi agents do give furniture vouchers from their own pocket though

Ya not a lot but these days most developers are throwing it in to sweeten the deal but UOL is pretty 'conservative' in following this trend. Maybe need to speak to a agent to find out more. :)

Did bro here who bought got any perks/rebate from agent? Pls share. Thks.

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 10:21
Actually FV is also quite nice. But it's a valley so some think that it is not ideal fengshui.

fiyo, did you get a 3/4/5 br at archi? Agent got dig into own pocket for some rebate for you?

I agree w u for FV. Archi is perch on a mini hill top w water in front, so does that equate to gd fengshui?

fiyo
18-06-12, 11:50
fiyo, did you get a 3/4/5 br at archi? Agent got dig into own pocket for some rebate for you?

I agree w u for FV. Archi is perch on a mini hill top w water in front, so does that equate to gd fengshui?

3 bedder pool side. Not much choice already cos just buy last month and most units already gone.

I don't think agent gave us any extra discount. Discounts are as per usual like most developments now. Remember got a 3% stamp duty rebate...then got a lucky draw which will also come as a form of rebate later.

This agent quite lucky cos we were already set on buying when we got in touch with him. Maybe only spoke to him 3-4 times and the day we met him, we commit already since from junior to senior also love that place. Mom will move in and we just go over for weekends. When kids older, we retire there. :)

phantom_opera
18-06-12, 11:54
3 bedder pool side. Not much choice already cos just buy last month and most units already gone.

I don't think agent gave us any extra discount. Discounts are as per usual like most developments now. Remember got a 3% stamp duty rebate...then got a lucky draw which will also come as a form of rebate later.

This agent quite lucky cos we were already set on buying when we got in touch with him. Maybe only spoke to him 3-4 times and the day we met him, we commit already since from junior to senior also love that place. Mom will move in and we just go over for weekends. When kids older, we retire there. :)

excellent choice ... it really gives a retirement village feeling

fiyo
18-06-12, 11:54

I heard house below road level is bad fengshui. On top of hill also bad fengshui cos nothing to help block your bad luck. Next to places of worship or cemetery also no good.

bakasa2002
19-06-12, 15:57
excellent choice ... it really gives a retirement village feeling

Nice, I think maybe after this and belvia top, there will be a pool of retirees doing qigong by the park! :)

Sleepyhead
20-06-12, 00:18

Actually FV is not in a valley... It's built on sloping land which means one end is higher than the other... But by no means the lowest point.. Which is the definition of valley...

The houses in near the primary school are on even lower land than FV.

bakasa2002
20-06-12, 21:55
Actually FV is not in a valley... It's built on sloping land which means one end is higher than the other... But by no means the lowest point.. Which is the definition of valley...

The houses in near the primary school are on even lower land than FV.

The prob w FV is that the high side is near Siglap rd which can be quite noisy if u face the rd, or u be facing e cemetery. The lower point will face the landed for most of e 3br they have left. :)

oreo
21-06-12, 14:54
Well, the developer has said no. And also turned down my request to not build the wall between the master and adjacent bedroom.... The only thing agreeable was not to build certain cupboards. Oh well...

Also, does anyone know how long one has to wait for the cash rebate payment? It's supposed to be 1 mth after payment, but is it the norm to wait longer?

bakasa2002
21-06-12, 23:36
Well, the developer has said no. And also turned down my request to not build the wall between the master and adjacent bedroom.... The only thing agreeable was not to build certain cupboards. Oh well...

Also, does anyone know how long one has to wait for the cash rebate payment? It's supposed to be 1 mth after payment, but is it the norm to wait longer?

Not to build wardrobe, they save cost mah. Of cos agree!

I think shd be 1mth after 20% n SD paid. :D

fiyo
22-06-12, 01:21

Was told it will be 1 month after 20% is paid. How long is yours overdue? Maybe can call and check.

bakasa2002
22-06-12, 11:31
Congrats to Oreo n fiyo, both owners of the archi proj. U guys gonna be neighbours. :)

Btw, did u guys get the ang bao lucky draw? Heard got $8888!

oreo
22-06-12, 14:01
Congrats to Oreo n fiyo, both owners of the archi proj. U guys gonna be neighbours. :)

Btw, did u guys get the ang bao lucky draw? Heard got $8888!

It's UP TO $8,888!!! Haha...

I just crossed 1month, and thought this rebate will be prompt. But apparently my lawyer said might have to wait awhile....

fiyo
23-06-12, 00:04
It's UP TO $8,888!!! Haha...

I just crossed 1month, and thought this rebate will be prompt. But apparently my lawyer said might have to wait awhile....

I haven't cross cross 1 month yet so don't know.

Bakasa, it's from 1,888 to 8,888. Wish it's 8,888 for all.

zeamybro
23-06-12, 00:10

Bakasa... Quick go buy your unit and win the 8,888 !!!!

bakasa2002
23-06-12, 00:19

Haha, how lucky we're yr hand that day? Anywhere close to 8888?

bakasa2002
23-06-12, 00:20
Bakasa... Quick go buy your unit and win the 8,888 !!!!

Zeamybro, waiting for u to make the first move. It's 70% sold!:)

zeamybro
23-06-12, 23:36
Zeamybro, waiting for u to make the first move. It's 70% sold!:)

Bakasa ... ok .... Haha. By the way do u know if the 1/2BR showflat is up already? Feel like going there to kpo a bit

bakasa2002
23-06-12, 23:59
Bakasa ... ok .... Haha. By the way do u know if the 1/2BR showflat is up already? Feel like going there to kpo a bit

Nt visited lately, temptation is too grate. Hahahaha. Maybe I drop agent to see if got update for me. Lolx...

hyenergix
24-06-12, 07:13
Nt visited lately, temptation is too grate. Hahahaha. Maybe I drop agent to see if got update for me. Lolx...

It is better for you to buy if it is within your budget, else it could become one of your life's regrets when you see it TOP. We only live once and it is good to work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor, in this case, living in your dream home.

bakasa2002
24-06-12, 10:29
It is better for you to buy if it is within your budget, else it could become one of your life's regrets when you see it TOP. We only live once and it is good to work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor, in this case, living in your dream home.

What u said is valid, just concern abt oversupply in 2015 n prices might drop drastically. The hope of picking up during top at cheaper price from 1st owner also low considering there's e ssd, SD and agent fees. Hehehe. Unless really fire sale.

zeamybro
24-06-12, 11:34
What u said is valid, just concern abt oversupply in 2015 n prices might drop drastically. The hope of picking up during top at cheaper price from 1st owner also low considering there's e ssd, SD and agent fees. Hehehe. Unless really fire sale.

If u r buying for own stay, you dont really need to worry about oversupply in 2015 cos u wont be selling it anyway, and the intrinsic & qualitative gratifications gained from owning and staying in a place your family loves would not be quantifiable in terms of $$ value =)

phantom_opera
24-06-12, 13:02
yes, bro bakasa, just go for it lah, HDB rental / price still moving up ... mass market condo unlikely to have big correction until 2018 when flood of BTOs hit the open market for rental

bakasa2002
24-06-12, 15:36
yes, bro bakasa, just go for it lah, HDB rental / price still moving up ... mass market condo unlikely to have big correction until 2018 when flood of BTOs hit the open market for rental

This looks to be having v limited unit and on same time eyeing Eco proj, but not sure abt pricing, layout compare to this. Time is not on my side, cos by time Eco launch, Archi will have even less choice unit left. How wld u guys compare the two? :)

bakasa2002
24-06-12, 15:37
If u r buying for own stay, you dont really need to worry about oversupply in 2015 cos u wont be selling it anyway, and the intrinsic & qualitative gratifications gained from owning and staying in a place your family loves would not be quantifiable in terms of $$ value =)

Hehehe, thanks bro. Considering this v Eco, so it make the decision harder. In fact now staying quite near to Eco, so wondering if it make sense to get someone similar to where we are or go for Archi. :)

phantom_opera
24-06-12, 17:19
This looks to be having v limited unit and on same time eyeing Eco proj, but not sure abt pricing, layout compare to this. Time is not on my side, cos by time Eco launch, Archi will have even less choice unit left. How wld u guys compare the two? :)
Simple u prefer high rise high density or low rise low density?

bakasa2002
24-06-12, 22:31
Simple u prefer high rise high density or low rise low density?

Having stay in high rise for a large part of my life, I would like to opt for low rise low density for a change. Having said that, one of my peeve is despite having a large plot for this proj, uol had to built townhouses and sacrifice the space for even a single tennis court. The other complaint is perhaps the site map does look a but close between units. :(

phantom_opera
24-06-12, 22:35
Visited the construction site when jogging .. pretty fast... the whole place looks like sunken land now ... is it because 2 level of basement parking??

ppty
27-06-12, 09:43
now that the site plan is out for ECO bedok south ave 3 - which is such a disaster ..... i am of the opinion, Archipelago will surely be sold out much faster
than expected

bakasa2002
28-06-12, 11:45
now that the site plan is out for ECO bedok south ave 3 - which is such a disaster ..... i am of the opinion, Archipelago will surely be sold out much faster
than expected

The site plan be better if they did not have the townhouse and have a bit more communal space. :)

bakasa2002
07-07-12, 16:05
Visited the construction site when jogging .. pretty fast... the whole place looks like sunken land now ... is it because 2 level of basement parking??

Check w agent, cfm got 2 level of parking, have 601 parking lots (inclusive of 48 private lots). Assume the private lots are for strata houses

ppty
07-07-12, 16:10
Today Sat ST - archi ad is new and much better than previous ads

bakasa2002
07-07-12, 21:59
Today Sat ST - archi ad is new and much better than previous ads

The perspective drawing? Townhouses looks good but $$$$$$$$$$$$ hahaha..

hyenergix
07-07-12, 22:10
The perspective drawing? Townhouses looks good but $$$$$$$$$$$$ hahaha..

You still havent buy? :doh:

phantom_opera
08-07-12, 11:30
His favorite song is 我等到花儿也谢了

bakasa2002
08-07-12, 20:59
Not 我等到房子都卖完了?

carbuncle
12-07-12, 12:25
so shiok to sit at park enjoy the breeze after run...

carbuncle
12-07-12, 12:47
just taken...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/335904_10151902018605244_1267366807_o.jpg

coolchoc
12-07-12, 14:28

c'est la vie :47:

but isn't it hot for a noon run? :)

carbuncle
12-07-12, 14:44
c'est la vie :47:

but isn't it hot for a noon run? :)

The sun gets real hot around 1pm in Singapore... not noon.... by then I already finished and lim kopi in the food court liao hahaha

azeoprop
12-07-12, 15:53

Please don't be hypnotized by the rustling leaves and start walking into the deep abyss....:scared-4:

carbuncle
12-07-12, 15:57
Please don't be hypnotized by the rustling leaves and start walking into the deep abyss....:scared-4:

For a moment I was tempted... the wind was so strong it was threatening to blow my lightweight body into the waters

bakasa2002
12-07-12, 21:37
Haha, it's even more enchanting when I took a look ard 7pm w the showflat lighted up from where u took the picture. Hopefully no more floaters around and let the place reclaim its quaint and rustic peace... :)

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 15:03
Looks to be 75% sold, not bad for this proj at all...

Any updates on how the town houses are selling? Rem there are like 24 of them... Maybe can convert 2 of them to tennis courts if cant sell. Lolx!

zeamybro
26-07-12, 15:12

Any updates on how the town houses are selling? Rem there are like 24 of them... Maybe can convert 2 of them to tennis courts if cant sell. Lolx!

Few mths ago, i vaguely remember they have already sold 16 or 18 out of the 24 townhouses, but exact figure needs to be verified. UOL shld be holding on to them v tightly now since they are considered 'extinct' under the new policy ...

Bakasa .. u like to play tennis ah? Personally I am more than happy if my development does not have a tennis court since i dont play, but i think a proper lap pool (not free form pool) is essential, which is lacking in Archipelago.

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 15:19
Few mths ago, i vaguely remember they have already sold 16 or 18 out of the 24 townhouses, but exact figure needs to be verified. UOL shld be holding on to them v tightly now since they are considered 'extinct' under the new policy ...

Bakasa .. u like to play tennis ah? Personally I am more than happy if my development does not have a tennis court since i dont play, but i think a proper lap pool (not free form pool) is essential, which is lacking in Archipelago.

Not v often but I just find it a waste that they had such a big plot but not a single court. Hahaha.. I think facilities listed a 30m lap pool and a 50m free form pool. This proj has lots of pools but v little else... Lolx!

buttercarp
26-07-12, 15:22

Just returned from the archipelago.
I am smitten by the project and the surroundings.
Perhaps becoz I like Bedok Reservoir and its greenery.

I did not buy lah..... cannot .....not now.
Just shopping around for next time.

Learnt from the agent that today is the last day of the preview and tha the official launch will be on 5 jan 2012.
Btw, the agent said the project is 700m from the future MRT station.

Also 10 of the strata semiDs have been sold and 8 of them bought by the same person- a foreigner :eek: !

I refer to my post on 18 dec 2011.
However looking at the URA website, only 5 caveats were lodged for the townhouse. wonder what happened to the rest?

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 15:32
I refer to my post on 18 dec 2011.
However looking at the URA website, only 5 caveats were lodged for the townhouse. wonder what happened to the rest?

Should be more than 5, heard a investor got 7 when it was launched, not sure if he exercise or drop. :)

zeamybro
26-07-12, 17:21
Not v often but I just find it a waste that they had such a big plot but not a single court. Hahaha.. I think facilities listed a 30m lap pool and a 50m free form pool. This proj has lots of pools but v little else... Lolx!

Actually i find these free form pools are crappy, and pool facing units will likely have to endure the screaming kids and water splashing sounds...

Since the road facing 1/2BR are not selling well, perhaps UOL shld consider installing double glazed windows for them..

carbuncle
26-07-12, 18:13
1br always kena worse facing in every mass mkt project. sianz

phantom_opera
26-07-12, 18:21
1br always kena worse facing in every mass mkt project. sianz

dun worry, Parc Centros 1br is at least 1150psf and then ECO will be starting from 1,300psf so Archipelago's 1br at 1200psf is a steal now, road facing or not :cool:

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 21:10
Actually i find these free form pools are crappy, and pool facing units will likely have to endure the screaming kids and water splashing sounds...

Since the road facing 1/2BR are not selling well, perhaps UOL shld consider installing double glazed windows for them..

Quite true, it does add to the resort feel but I doubt it's gonna be quiet. Quiet ones are facing the spooky trees and command a premium. I heard no more already even though they were price 80-100k higher than pool facing.... :)

Double glazed is a gd idea but it will add to their cost, I rem FEO saying they doing that for units facing the busy PIE. Not sure if UOL will go down that route. Understand they were renovating the 4BR to 1+2BR showsuite. Not sure if that has been completed.

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 21:13
Went past the site and quite a few machineries is already working, so went up to nearby HDB to take a few photos for sharing ... :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/21b36951.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/ffb59339.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/201787fd.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/bakasa2002/f8576922.jpg

First impressions is that the site really look massive and even though it's only 5 floors, suspect it's gonna take a while ...

fiyo
26-07-12, 22:41
Thanks for the update Bakasa! ;)
I think that must be the underground carpark foundation in the ground?

bakasa2002
09-08-12, 16:05
Thanks for the update Bakasa! ;)
I think that must be the underground carpark foundation in the ground?

I think that's the car park foundation but I m not familiar w the construction stage, maybe some one can advice?

bakasa2002
09-08-12, 16:08
Received SMS from agent saying 2br showflat now open. Star buy for 2br at 840k at 840sqf unit and 1br 527sqf at 585k. If any bro keen, can chk it out... :)

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 16:11
Received SMS from agent saying 2br showflat now open. Star buy for 2br at 840k at 840sqf unit and 1br 527sqf at 585k. If any bro keen, can chk it out... :)

Is there 1br showflat? I would like to go down to take a look.

The 2br pricing is very attractive and spoil the market :simmering: , WFK / WFW 2br all asking 1million.

chiaberry
09-08-12, 17:29
Is there 1br showflat? I would like to go down to take a look.

The 2br pricing is very attractive and spoil the market :simmering: , WFK / WFW 2br all asking 1million.

Very attractive pricing. The 2br has a good lay out. Worth considering.

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 17:55
840k only for west sun traffic junction stack or just besides substation, decent ones are 860k at least

zeamybro
09-08-12, 18:27
I just made a trip down. 2br sf is ready and they are still renovating the 1br one.

Serving agent told me not many units left:
- strata house : 5 units
- 1br : 17 units
- 2br: 31 units

The rest almost sold out

Komo
09-08-12, 20:36
quite surprised 1/2 bedder still haves many

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 20:41
went down also, homo tile for 2br ... the kitchen top also looks cheapo but the layout super-efficient with decent size MBR, AC / balcony both are reasonably small

all 2brs facing road below 900k

cheaper than WFK/WFW but outside 1km of 2 TOP primary schools + road noise

once the FEO starts to sell ECO and Fragrance starts to sell the 676psf TM plot, this project will be SOLD OUT

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 21:16
2012-07-02 #04-XX 829 1,161psf 962,000

above is poolview 2br ... same price/psf as WFK/WFW

2012-07-25 #02-XX 527 1,173 618,520

in terms of psf of 1br ... slightly higher than Parc Centros

the most stunning one is reservoir park (tree) facing 2br, only for die-hard nature lovers :scared-4: :

ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD Condominium 1 1,076,000 829 Strata 1,298psf Feb-12

zeamybro
09-08-12, 22:34
2012-07-02 #04-XX 829 1,161psf 962,000

above is poolview 2br ... same price/psf as WFK/WFW

2012-07-25 #02-XX 527 1,173 618,520

in terms of psf of 1br ... slightly higher than Parc Centros

the most stunning one is reservoir park (tree) facing 2br, only for die-hard nature lovers :scared-4: :

ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD Condominium 1 1,076,000 829 Strata 1,298psf Feb-12

Phantom bro ... the price u quoted for Archi shld be the option price and havent factored in the additional cash rebates + sure-win-lucky-draw + other cash rebates

bakasa2002
10-08-12, 01:29
Wah, you guys are really on the ball! Really fast hand fast leg and went down to view! :)

They are still working on the 1BR? What's taking them so long to reno, it's just a 1BR! I been told a month or 2 ago that they sold out the 5BR and are tearing it down to make way for the 1/2BR. I think UOL really taking their own sweet time. Maybe will raise price if response for 2BR is good.

zeamybro
11-08-12, 14:39
1Br showflat is ready ... Very spacious for a 1br

But I hate the ID. The concept is supposedly to be the home of a fashion designer, but with the old sewing machine, loose fabrics, paper bags, needles and threads being strewn around, it reminds me of an old spinster's abode

bakasa2002
11-08-12, 15:03
1Br showflat is ready ... Very spacious for a 1br

But I hate the ID. The concept is supposedly to be the home of a fashion designer, but with the old sewing machine, loose fabrics, paper bags, needles and threads being strewn around, it reminds me of an old spinster's abode

I think the ID is a kind of boring type cos' it's done by Ong&Ong team? Have not seen the 1/2 BR type but reckon that it should be similar to 3/5 and PH type cos it was not project that swanky kind of styling but more like homely and understated kind of ID? I got a feeling they are targeting a more mature clientele ... Hehehe ...

zeamybro
11-08-12, 16:57
I think the ID is a kind of boring type cos' it's done by Ong&Ong team? Have not seen the 1/2 BR type but reckon that it should be similar to 3/5 and PH type cos it was not project that swanky kind of styling but more like homely and understated kind of ID? I got a feeling they are targeting a more mature clientele ... Hehehe ...

Yeah i agree and believe they are targeting a more matured clientele.... which is why the bigger units are already sold out ... think UOL ever mention that this is not a typical HDB upgraders project...

Anyway i think the 2BR ID is nice.. in fact i am very attracted to the 2BR sf cos i find the layout really nice ... As for the 1BR, layout is excellent too but the ID is kinda turn off la... i cant describe it in words but i think if u go down, u will know wat i mean. My mum called it the 老处女的房子....

phantom_opera
11-08-12, 17:52
Yeah i agree and believe they are targeting a more matured clientele.... which is why the bigger units are already sold out ... think UOL ever mention that this is not a typical HDB upgraders project...

Anyway i think the 2BR ID is nice.. in fact i am very attracted to the 2BR sf cos i find the layout really nice ... As for the 1BR, layout is excellent too but the ID is kinda turn off la... i cant describe it in words but i think if u go down, u will know wat i mean. My mum called it the 老处女的房子....

then u must really pay respect to their marketing ... they are targeting exactly rich 老处女

carbuncle
11-08-12, 18:08
then u must really pay respect to their marketing ... they are targeting exactly rich 老处女

agreed. only 老处女 will buy their 1BR since they will most likely already be hard of hearing to care about the traffic noise facing the main road ....

phantom_opera
11-08-12, 19:16
agreed. only 老处女 will buy their 1BR since they will most likely already be hard of hearing to care about the traffic noise facing the main road ....

ok la, cannot be worse than 1brs near busy road + super west sun, this one just noise only little west sun and some are on elevated ground with offet of 15m from road,

Their layout actually sacrifices the size of living hall / kitchen for bigger MBR / MBR toilet .. unlike certain projects where you have big living hall with huge planter / balcony but tiny BRs

carbuncle
11-08-12, 20:34
personally i dont like so big br as most of the waking hours i spend outside of it. br is only for zzzzzz

sh
11-08-12, 21:06
personally i dont like so big br as most of the waking hours i spend outside of it. br is only for zzzzzz

I agreed, especially if you need to ac the bedroom. Who cares if the room is small if your eyes are shut for 8 hours. Save a lot of ac... Save the world....:D

If you go to the other extreme, the ac space should only be your bed. Think of the electricity you'll save.:cheers5:

fiyo
12-08-12, 19:09
2 bedroom still got inside facing?

bakasa2002
12-08-12, 20:00

Not sure about that but if have they are mostly pool facing so will be above 900k as compare to the ones that are facing the road. :)

zeamybro
12-08-12, 21:42

Yday i went down they say no more pool facing 2BR... but still got 2+1 which are asking about 1.1-1.2mil

fiyo
12-08-12, 22:17
Previously they had some 2 bedders over at the strata houses side. Maybe those interested can ask them. Can also try patio units. The road facing ones should be rather noisy especially near the bus stop.

fiyo
12-08-12, 22:19
Yday i went down they say no more pool facing 2BR... but still got 2+1 which are asking about 1.1-1.2mil

2+1 are all high floors with only about 15 units so sure expensive.

zeamybro
12-08-12, 22:25
Previously they had some 2 bedders over at the strata houses side. Maybe those interested can ask them. Can also try patio units. The road facing ones should be rather noisy especially near the bus stop.

I think strata facing ones also no more...

Yeah road facing ones would have to suffer the traffic noise.. Pool facing ones will experience a diff kind of noise (screaming kids playing at the pool) and i find they are too close for comfort to the opposite facing units. I would think strata facing ones would be the quietest .. and those above 4th floor shld clear the strata

phantom_opera
12-08-12, 22:31
those who wants to buy better do it by end of the month, it is selling fast

fiyo
13-08-12, 22:49
Anyway this is a small road compared to expressways. So if condos next to expressways can sell, I think UOL will find buyers for these units.

What's the rental for 2 bedders in this area by the way?

zeamybro
13-08-12, 23:10
Anyway this is a small road compared to expressways. So if condos next to expressways can sell, I think UOL will find buyers for these units.

What's the rental for 2 bedders in this area by the way?
I overheard an agent telling some potential buyers to expect around 3.5k to 3.8k .... 2BR rental could be quite competitive considering the neighbouring projects all have 2BRs .... but Archipelago would be the special one out having the low-rise resort-feel concept. When economy is good, all units would be snapped up anyway =)

fiyo
13-08-12, 23:25
If buy 800+K and can really rent 3.5-3.8K then that's rather good rental yield...if economy holds up.

bakasa2002
14-08-12, 12:00
2+1 are all high floors with only about 15 units so sure expensive.

Yeap, I rem all of them are on 5th floor and prices are v close to 3br, so appeal to a diff crowd. :)

bakasa2002
14-08-12, 12:04
those who wants to buy better do it by end of the month, it is selling fast

Saw on last sat ST ad -
1/2 BR - Still available
PH/Strata - Selling fast
3/4/5 BR - Fully sold

I think it might look more attractive when Eco is launched next month. :)

bakasa2002
14-08-12, 12:05
I overheard an agent telling some potential buyers to expect around 3.5k to 3.8k .... 2BR rental could be quite competitive considering the neighbouring projects all have 2BRs .... but Archipelago would be the special one out having the low-rise resort-feel concept. When economy is good, all units would be snapped up anyway =)

3.5k for a 2br is a bit optimistic. I was told WFW 3bdr fetch about the same amount ... :)

phantom_opera
14-08-12, 12:25
3.5k for a 2br is a bit optimistic. I was told WFW 3bdr fetch about the same amount ... :)

when MRT arrives at 2017, rental should go up to match that of Tanah Merah

the new mall at Bedok Central is scheduled to open in early 2014 or late 2013, it could also help to boost Bedok's image

phantom_opera
14-08-12, 13:58
ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD Condominium 1 633,000 527 Strata 1,200psf Aug-12

fiyo
14-08-12, 15:49
Heard that 2 bedders are left with only outside facing. In side ones are the 2+1. Bakasa, if you are still thinking, better act fast liao!

fiyo
14-08-12, 16:18
Don't know if should KPO and recommend relative to buy here. North south east west see here and there since April until now also cannot decide. Every time they can decide. The unit gone already!! Because hoping that the prices will drop and hoping that sellers will lelong! :doh:

phantom_opera
14-08-12, 16:31
2brs < 900k sure gone by end of August, mark my word.

oreo
15-08-12, 01:12
Was there this afternoon... So some pics... Hopefully progress can be a little faster!

fiyo
15-08-12, 08:18

I also agree.

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 10:06
Was there this afternoon... So some pics... Hopefully progress can be a little faster!

Looks good, wonder if they started collecting payment yet ... :)

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 10:09

That means all of the 2br since maybe no more 2br facing the inside of the proj. I heard some PES units going for <900k for 1033sqf, really low psf. Think those might be first to go ...

phantom_opera
15-08-12, 10:13
That means all of the 2br since maybe no more 2br facing the inside of the proj. I heard some PES units going for <900k for 1033sqf, really low psf. Think those might be first to go ...

yes, the best deal is PES unit facing the road, something like 892k only, you can plant bamboos to seal the noise / dust :cheers6:

fiyo
15-08-12, 13:32
Looks good, wonder if they started collecting payment yet ... :)

Yes. Already started. Next 10% but depending which block you are located.

phantom_opera
15-08-12, 13:50
55 units left as of end of July

49 units sold in July

highest psf 1262, median 1,107

bakasa2002
15-08-12, 15:23
84% sold, UOL can just sit down and relax in the massive showroom, but kudos to them for pumping in $ and effort to renovate the 1/2BR showflat. :)

phantom_opera
15-08-12, 15:25
84% sold, UOL can just sit down and relax in the massive showroom, but kudos to them for pumping in $ and effort to renovate the 1/2BR showflat. :)

I think they overpaid Thomson so 无心恋战 here, just want to get rid asap to improve cash flow

fiyo
15-08-12, 17:27
How far is eCO from Archi ?

bakasa2002
16-08-12, 00:14
How far is eCO from Archi ?

Driving takes about 8-10 min if u factor in the traffic.

fiyo
16-08-12, 09:56
Driving takes about 8-10 min if u factor in the traffic.

Ok in this case, the price of eCO will probably have some effects on Archi.

fiyo
16-08-12, 17:31
Need some opinions here. Patio unit a better buy or 2nd floor unit a better buy for investment point of view? Difference is about 50K more for the patio unit.

By the way, anyone know of any low rise development coming up in Pasir Ris?

propertychap
16-08-12, 17:32
patio larger gross area so later can sell higher psf and higher quantum so better

phantom_opera
16-08-12, 17:41
patio, at least you can plant bamboos within PES to block the noise/dust

zeamybro
16-08-12, 18:10
Need some opinions here. Patio unit a better buy or 2nd floor unit a better buy for investment point of view? Difference is about 50K more for the patio unit.

By the way, anyone know of any low rise development coming up in Pasir Ris?

Patio is nice for own stay, esp those on the slopes facing the road at Archi.. cos you wont get passer-bys staring into your unit as right after your patio is a grass patch sloping all the way down for a few metres before u hit the jogging track.

For rentals, tenants are looking more on livable space, so they may not be willing to pay u 'extra' just because u have a larger patio. I remember seeing quite a number of patio units left empty at The Trumps. I imagine that they would be harder to sell too, but i may be wrong cos no experience.

phantom_opera
16-08-12, 18:29
agree, patio good for own stay while waiting for capital appreciation, hard to rent out though because not many tenants appreciate patio :p

chiaberry
16-08-12, 20:15
Patio is nice for own stay, esp those on the slopes facing the road at Archi.. cos you wont get passer-bys staring into your unit as right after your patio is a grass patch sloping all the way down for a few metres before u hit the jogging track.

For rentals, tenants are looking more on livable space, so they may not be willing to pay u 'extra' just because u have a larger patio. I remember seeing quite a number of patio units left empty at The Trumps. I imagine that they would be harder to sell too, but i may be wrong cos no experience.

Which side is this? To the east or west side of the row facing the road?

zeamybro
16-08-12, 21:41
Which side is this? To the east or west side of the row facing the road?

Took some photos at the sf ... this was what i meant that the front row of road-facing patio units would enjoy privacy as they are sitting on the slopes, and passer-bys would not be able to look into your units.

Most of the road-facing blocks would get to enjoy this except for the 3 right-most (east side) blocks ... as they shld be sitting on flat ground. The middle ones would be the highest.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8083/img2208et.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8083/img2208et.jpg)

fiyo
16-08-12, 21:59
Looking at the photo, 2nd floor also not bad. Not too high so can still hide behind some trees and not see so much road and apartments across the road.

fiyo
16-08-12, 22:01
Anyone know if this road very noisy? Single lane for each direction or double lanes? I already forgot how the area looks like cos only been there twice.

fiyo
16-08-12, 22:05
Took some photos at the sf ... this was what i meant that the front row of road-facing patio units would enjoy privacy as they are sitting on the slopes, and passer-bys would not be able to look into your units.

Most of the road-facing blocks would get to enjoy this except for the 3 right-most (east side) blocks ... as they shld be sitting on flat ground. The middle ones would be the highest.

You got photos of the inside units near the centre?? :)

zeamybro
16-08-12, 22:11
Looking at the photo, 2nd floor also not bad. Not too high so can still hide behind some trees and not see so much road and apartments across the road.

Ya, actually this project dont need to buy higher floors cos unlike other projects, the higher floors do not give u any better views but are similarly more ex...

Am looking at the siteplan from streetdirectory, seems like most of the road facing blocks (except 503 and 501) are actually not directly facing the HDB flats. In fact there is this open area like a mini park betw them. But i think 517 and 515 are too close to the traffic junction and slip road

zeamybro
16-08-12, 22:15
You got photos of the inside units near the centre?? :)
Yes yes, I have one ... can you spot your own unit in this pic? :puke2:

The road is dual lanes for each direction... but towards the junction i think split into 3 lanes excluding the slip roads... so i think can be quite noisy esp near the junction :tongue3:

fiyo
17-08-12, 07:52
Yes yes, I have one ... can you spot your own unit in this pic? :puke2:

The road is dual lanes for each direction... but towards the junction i think split into 3 lanes excluding the slip roads... so i think can be quite noisy esp near the junction :tongue3:

Thanks for posting the picture.

My unit is in the blocks that they never put in lah. So can't see. :(

2nd / 3rd floor units and patio unit all quite limited stacks to choose from now.

fiyo
17-08-12, 08:14
Headache. Now kena arrow to help make a decision. :doh:

Buy 2nd floor in block 515 or patio in blk 513. For rent in future. Diffence about 50K. This is not my $$ so more stressful but since it's immediate family member also cannot act blurr and keep quite.

I suggested that a decision has to be made fast as this project is almost selling out and wait some more, again no need to buy liao, especially after eCO launches.

Later when build ... ... ??? ... ... ???

What would you bros advise??? :confused:

sh
17-08-12, 09:16

Buy 2nd floor in block 515 or patio in blk 513. For rent in future. Diffence about 50K. This is not my $$ so more stressful but since it's immediate family member also cannot act blurr and keep quite.

I suggested that a decision has to be made fast as this project is almost selling out and wait some more, again no need to buy liao, especially after eCO launches.

Ground floor unit... cannot sleep with windows open....:tsk-tsk:
will go for second storey.... use the 50k extra for renovation.... will beat the ground floor unit for rental anytime.

having said the above.... I wouldn't give financial advise to friends and family... give good advise, nobody will thank you... give bad advise, they will blame you forever..... what's good about this forum is that it's anonymous and there are already nutcases giving nutty advise anyway...:D

hyenergix
17-08-12, 09:20

Patio. It gives you the landed feel.

Autonomy
17-08-12, 09:21

If it's for rent, definitely go for the cheapest unit. The difference in rental is not going to alot. Maybe 200-300 dollars difference?

If you divide 50k/300, its going to take 166 months to make up the difference. If it's 50k/200, its going to take 250 months to make up the difference.

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 10:19
for investment/rent ... go for cheapest, if market crash, they will blame you less :p

zeamybro
17-08-12, 11:10
I think no right or wrong decision, cos each type will have its own appeal to diff grps of ppl.. Ask your relatives to go down to see the model, they will hav a better feel to make the decision.

Advice from a friend - When buying a unit, even if its for rental, always go for one that you yourself would want to live in it. Dont go for a cheap one when you yourself dont even feel like staying in...

fiyo
17-08-12, 12:34
I think no right or wrong decision, cos each type will have its own appeal to diff grps of ppl.. Ask your relatives to go down to see the model, they will hav a better feel to make the decision.

Advice from a friend - When buying a unit, even if its for rental, always go for one that you yourself would want to live in it. Dont go for a cheap one when you yourself dont even feel like staying in...

Agree. So I don't try to push my ideas across just state facts. Even if more expensive, if it's the choice unit sure willing to pay more. But if not then there will always be that feeling of regret even if cheaper.

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 12:42
772 Bedok Reservoir View 06 to 10 115.00
Premium Apartment 2000 $585,000.00 Jul 2012

Bedok 629 11 to 15 139.00
Model A 1993 $600,000.00 May 201

Bedok reservoir view hdbs will increase to at least 650-700k once MRT is up as it is is relatively new (2000+), the 62X HDBs should increase in value too near Archi

it will support the condos around Bedok Reservoir

the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time

fiyo
17-08-12, 15:27
the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time[/quote]

How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 15:30
the good news is of course the new Bedok mall to open at Q4 2013 ... as big as Bishan 8 ... and every 1 minute there one bus from Bedok Res Road to the mall next time

How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?[/QUOTE]

you can cycle :p may be about 2.5km

zeamybro
17-08-12, 18:42

How far is the new Bedok Mall from Archi?[/QUOTE]

If u go buy bedok north side, shld be around 4 bus stops away... Go by waterfront side would be around 6 to 7 bus stops

chiaberry
17-08-12, 19:39

Isn't there supposed to be a fitness corner in front of 515/517? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

zeamybro
17-08-12, 23:11
Isn't there supposed to be a fitness corner in front of 515/517? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

The units would be on the slope with the grd flr at least 2m above the track

fiyo
17-08-12, 23:43
RElative today buy already, buy already. My headache over liao. At least for now!

While at Archi showroom for 2 hours, saw them closing another 2 units. We thought no one will buy because now already 7th month but was wrong!

Thanks for all the imputs.

fiyo
17-08-12, 23:46

Yes fitness corner around there but this kind of area is usually rather quiet. It's the children's playground that one should avoid. The screaming kids will be a daily affair.

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 23:49
RElative today buy already, buy already. My headache over liao. At least for now!

While at Archi showroom for 2 hours, saw them closing another 2 units. We thought no one will buy because now already 7th month but was wrong!

I oredi said, no more 2br by month end, Parc Centros 2br compact 764sqft already 800k ... this one 840sqft small balcony efficient layout for 850-880k is DAMN CHEAP ... if not because of 40% LTV & ABSD I bought already :banghead: Must wait 2 more years to accumulate enough bullets but by then 2br all > 1 million liao :banghead:

fiyo
17-08-12, 23:54
I oredi said, no more 2br by month end, Parc Centros 2br compact 764sqft already 800k ... this one 840sqft small balcony efficient layout for 850-880k is DAMN CHEAP

Yes when we got there was surprise to see so many people at 5pm. At 6+pm, still got people streaming in! Maybe eCO is more expensive so people running to Archi??

phantom_opera
17-08-12, 23:57
Yes when we got there was surprise to see so many people at 5pm. At 6+pm, still got people streaming in! Maybe eCO is more expensive so people running to Archi??

WFW/WFK 2br all asking 1m, DBR / Optima / Caspian asking all > 1m ..... 850k 2br is a dream now :simmering:

And no more supply of condo lands already for Bedok Reservoir or Bedok area in general

This is the best deal this year EVER ... a 5r HDB at Bedok 650k ... this one only 200k more :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bakasa2002
18-08-12, 00:44

Fiyo bro, congrats on the resolution, at least u can sleep well tonight. :)

I think I might have seen in as I pop in to take a quick look at the new 1/2br ard 5+, notice 3-4 customer or so sitting down at not sure if it's dtz counter machiam selecting units. Is that u and relatives? Lolx. Reason I notice is that normally seldom see more than 2 decision maker when visiting showflat. Hehehe

bakasa2002
18-08-12, 00:46
WFW/WFK 2br all asking 1m, DBR / Optima / Caspian asking all > 1m ..... 850k 2br is a dream now :simmering:

And no more supply of condo lands already for Bedok Reservoir or Bedok area in general

This is the best deal this year EVER ... a 5r HDB at Bedok 650k ... this one only 200k more :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

5r hdb is more comparable to a 3br archi unit in terms of size and that be quite a gap in quantum. :(

fiyo
18-08-12, 09:06
Fiyo bro, congrats on the resolution, at least u can sleep well tonight. :)

I think I might have seen in as I pop in to take a quick look at the new 1/2br ard 5+, notice 3-4 customer or so sitting down at not sure if it's dtz counter machiam selecting units. Is that u and relatives? Lolx. Reason I notice is that normally seldom see more than 2 decision maker when visiting showflat. Hehehe

No not us I think. We are under Savills and served bythe agent who sold us our unit. So 2 days before going down already got all the info and already pick out 2 choices liao. So after see showflat and model decide liao but the paperwork took some time. The only time we sat down was signing papers.

I saw quite a few groups actually. Agent told us yesterday a bit surprised at the unit sales because it was already 7th month.

pinkpolkadot
18-08-12, 09:20

So which unit did your relative buy?

carbuncle
18-08-12, 10:38
7th month is pantang for moving in not for signing option la!! anyway congrats! happy for you and relatives!

I want one bedder face pool or reservoir. too bad no such thing here ha ha ha

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 13:07
if ERL is going to join DTL3 .... next time can go East coast by train ... best of 3 worlds, reservoir + beach + airport

http://i47.tinypic.com/eg8oc3.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2m6al4w.jpg

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:03
7th month is pantang for moving in not for signing option la!! anyway congrats! happy for you and relatives!

I want one bedder face pool or reservoir. too bad no such thing here ha ha ha

Our beloved carbuncle... i remember u ever said 1BR here are untested market ... do u hold a different view on 1BRs in this area now? Just curious and sincerely seeking your views and advice ....

Anyway there is reservoir-facing 1BR at WFG ... but i assume subsale prices shld be :doh:

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 14:33
Our beloved carbuncle... i remember u ever said 1BR here are untested market ... do u hold a different view on 1BRs in this area now? Just curious and sincerely seeking your views and advice ....

Anyway there is reservoir-facing 1BR at WFG ... but i assume subsale prices shld be :doh:

got sky garden so reservoir facing will not command that much premium

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:36
got sky garden so reservoir facing will not command that much premium

oic ...just like u phantom bro, i am lacking in vitamin M, otherwise would have invested in the 2BR at archipelago ... sighz

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 14:41
oic ...just like u phantom bro, i am lacking in vitamin M, otherwise would have invested in the 2BR at archipelago ... sighz

I still got some bullet, one more year I can chiong again ... but then bank will be empty, very risky :scared-3:

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:47
I still got some bullet, one more year I can chiong again ... but then bank will be empty, very risky :scared-3:

Friends have been telling me dont worry.. prices likely to be stable for quite some time... can wait... but I always have this kiasu syndrome in me that if i miss out the current opportunities, next time the newer launches would likely be at lousier or more inferior locations ...

fiyo
18-08-12, 14:48
So which unit did your relative buy?

If I didn't remember wrongly it's a 2nd floor unit in blk 515.

bakasa2002
18-08-12, 14:50

The 2br is really of decent size and the part I like is that it has a small but enclosed kitchen compared to the mostly open concept ones. Living n dining is good size too. In fact the mbr seems larger than 3br's mbr!

zeamybro
18-08-12, 14:51
If I didn't remember wrongly it's a 2nd floor unit in blk 515.

Hey Fiyo.. my friend also bought a 2nd floor unit at blk 515! Your relatives will be neighbours with my friend in the future :)

fiyo
18-08-12, 14:55
The 2br is really of decent size and the part I like is that it has a small but enclosed kitchen compared to the mostly open concept ones. Living n dining is good size too. In fact the mbr seems larger than 3br's mbr!

The 3bedder mbr has a balcony maybe that's why a bit smaller inside?? Not sure but did get this feeling too. Anyway the balcony is also nice. :)

fiyo
18-08-12, 14:58
Hey Fiyo.. my friend also bought a 2nd floor unit at blk 515! Your relatives will be neighbours with my friend in the future :)

Relative plan to rent out. You friend plan to move in? :) Anyway, will still be neighbours within the same estate.

zeamybro
18-08-12, 15:07
Relative plan to rent out. You friend plan to move in? :) Anyway, will still be neighbours within the same estate.

My friend wants to rent out cos he already owns an existing condo for own family stay elsewhere ... he sees the rental potential in this project due to the proximity to future mrt and supermarkets

zeamybro
18-08-12, 15:13

Ya, enclosed kitchen is best :) Yeah, went to the sf and feel that the 2BR mbr is bigger than the 3BR one... probably becos for the 3br there is this wasted walkway to the master bath, with 2 sets of wardrobes one on each side facing each other.

Bakasa.. have u made the move or not?! LOL

radha08
23-08-12, 20:56
Ya, enclosed kitchen is best :) Yeah, went to the sf and feel that the 2BR mbr is bigger than the 3BR one... probably becos for the 3br there is this wasted walkway to the master bath, with 2 sets of wardrobes one on each side facing each other.

Bakasa.. have u made the move or not?! LOL

bakasa...me...yt...all still looking...:cheers5:

fiyo
23-08-12, 21:56
bakasa...me...yt...all still looking...:cheers5:

Buy property is a big decision. So take your time and find something you really like even if it is for investment.

phantom_opera
27-08-12, 14:21
Home buying interest along Bedok Reservoir Road has been boosted by the rise of more than 2,300 private condo units in the area, according to Alan Cheong, Head of Research at Savills Singapore.

Dominating the area are four condos in the Waterfront Collection that are being jointly developed by Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint.

The 405-unit Waterfront Waves was the first development to be completed last year while the fully sold 361-unit Waterfront Gold and 437-unit Waterfront Key (pictured), with median prices of S$996 psf and S$734 psf respectively, are expected to be completed in a few years.

Meanwhile, UOL Group’s 577-unit Archipelago was launched in December with around 485 homes sold. Units have a median price of about S$1,118 psf, slightly higher than the S$980 psf median price for units at Waterfront Isle.

While a road separates the Waterfront condos from the reservoir, most of the units, particularly those on higher floors, enjoy unblocked water-facing views.

Lee Sze Teck, Senior Manager of Training, Research and Consultancy at Dennis Wee Group, said older condos near the new developments have recorded higher median prices such as Aquarius by the Park, which saw a median price of S$864 psf in Q2 2012, up from S$799 psf a year earlier.

Although the area has no MRT station, a new Downtown Line is slated to open in 2017. At the same time, the refurbished reservoir park together with a restaurant and outdoor adventure centre are expected to add appeal to the area.

fiyo
28-08-12, 08:23
Is there a restaurant in the park? Or an upcoming one?

zeamybro
28-08-12, 08:47
Is there a restaurant in the park? Or an upcoming one?

Yes, there is this Wawawa Bistro by the reservoir .... The last time i see the business doing quite ok even on a weekday evening, not sure about now =)

http://www.wawawa.com.sg/

East Lover
28-08-12, 08:52
Yes, there is this Wawawa Bistro by the reservoir .... The last time i see the business doing quite ok even on a weekday evening, not sure about now =)

we went there quite often, good business, especially weekend. not cheap but food is good...
i noticed there are more and more ppl came to another side of carpark for picnic... i guess there would have good business for a small ice cream stall :D

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 09:12
Wawawa monopoly now, ang MOHs come to drink beer during sunset and its location besides car park and Berlin wall facing sunset is good

zeamybro
28-08-12, 10:28
we went there quite often, good business, especially weekend. not cheap but food is good...
i noticed there are more and more ppl came to another side of carpark for picnic... i guess there would have good business for a small ice cream stall :D

An ice-cream outlet was opened 1 or 2 yrs ago at Blk 742 facing the Archipelago site... The stall was very nicely renovated and modern looking. But unfortunately they closed down the business after a few months .... anyone could remember?

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 10:30
An ice-cream outlet was opened 1 or 2 yrs ago at Blk 742 facing the Archipelago site... The stall was very nicely renovated and modern looking. But unfortunately they closed down the business after a few months .... anyone could remember?

with all the condos and DBSS springing up ... this commercial potential could change

I like the rustic feeling around that area

cnud
28-08-12, 10:40
Yes. Agree Bedok Reservoir is/will be a popular place to hang out..

East Lover
28-08-12, 12:07
Yes. Agree Bedok Reservoir is/will be a popular place to hang out..

how about this one??? :D
http://www.singaporesnapshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dsc01975_500x375.jpg

carbuncle
28-08-12, 12:18
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/194239_10152049549540244_1414199103_o.jpg

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 12:22
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/194239_10152049549540244_1414199103_o.jpg

convert this space to a Mc Cafe :cool:

fiyo
28-08-12, 16:34

Hmm...must go and check it out. Only been to forest adventure a few times but have somehow missed out this place.

fiyo
28-08-12, 16:43

Yes, an ice cream shop would be nice. :rolleyes:

carbuncle
28-08-12, 16:51
Forest adventure is do what one huh? Flying fox? I every time jog past but never have chance to peek up into shorts of boys or girls foxing past...

zeamybro
28-08-12, 17:32
Update from friend that 1br left with only 4 units as per today ... Guess all 99 units would be snapped up by this weekend ...

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 17:36
My prediction of near sold out by end of August is coming true .... I think ppl go Parc Centros and see there selling 1300psf ... come here and snap up immediately

pengful
28-08-12, 18:15
My prediction of near sold out by end of August is coming true .... I think ppl go Parc Centros and see there selling 1300psf ... come here and snap up immediately

The same what Sky Habitat did for Thomson Grand...:)

zeamybro
28-08-12, 22:04
convert this space to a Mc Cafe :cool:

Ya, i have a feeling that Mac will start to "invade" this place once the condos are up ....

bakasa2002
28-08-12, 23:13
Wah, long time never check in this thread and it's flying as fast as Eco! Beside the bird cage location suggested, i think a Mac on hilltop w an a/c cum alfresco seating to enjoy the good view will be nice. Archi owners might not agree and find it to be too close for comfort? It's on the other end from Wiwawa bistro, so it will cater to Archi, nearby hdb and maybe waterview n Tropica owners?

To liven up the place, they can add a cycling kiosk, skating booth and possibly some fishing/prawning spots? Any enterprising businessman taking up these suggestion and writing in to nparks? Hehehe. Don't forget to pay me royalty... :)

bakasa2002
28-08-12, 23:22
On a separate note, I just got to know today a friend of mine got a unit at Archi and uol have already called for the first 10%! That's really fast. Anyone owners here start payment or is it just his block?

He also told me that there are less than 50 units left with quite a few sold since their 1/2br showflat up. Food fengshui? Just as phantom bro predicted, it's likely to sell out before year end!

fiyo
29-08-12, 00:39
On a separate note, I just got to know today a friend of mine got a unit at Archi and uol have already called for the first 10%! That's really fast. Anyone owners here start payment or is it just his block?

He also told me that there are less than 50 units left with quite a few sold since their 1/2br showflat up. Food fengshui? Just as phantom bro predicted, it's likely to sell out before year end!

We paid our 1st 10% back in mid-July.

fiyo
29-08-12, 00:42
Forest adventure is do what one huh? Flying fox? I every time jog past but never have chance to peek up into shorts of boys or girls foxing past...

We go Forest Adventure because of kids can play the kiddies' tree top course and flying fox.

carbuncle
29-08-12, 08:47
Pls don't turn it into another Punggol park....

zeamybro
29-08-12, 10:48
The rate of construction for Archi seems to have rammed up at an amazing speed lately. Drove past and looking up the slopes from the road level, I could see some blocks reaching the 2nd level already.

Pardon my ignorance on constructions, I cant really figure out if this is the 2nd storey of the condo, or still part of the underground carparks. If it is the latter, it seems that they are not digging so much of the ground to build the 'underground' carparks..

bakasa2002
29-08-12, 18:53
We paid our 1st 10% back in mid-July.

Wow, that's early! I think his is somewhere in Aug.

bakasa2002
29-08-12, 18:55
Pls don't turn it into another Punggol park....

What happened to Punggol park? :)

bakasa2002
29-08-12, 18:57
The rate of construction for Archi seems to have rammed up at an amazing speed lately. Drove past and looking up the slopes from the road level, I could see some blocks reaching the 2nd level already.

Pardon my ignorance on constructions, I cant really figure out if this is the 2nd storey of the condo, or still part of the underground carparks. If it is the latter, it seems that they are not digging so much of the ground to build the 'underground' carparks..

Ya bro, I am also kapo-ing a bit cos' I go by there quite often. I am surprised to see I think is one of the blocks so stacked up already. I am also not sure if that is the basement cp or actual units but it looks really fast! Maybe UOL need the $ to fund the Thomson project. :P

carbuncle
29-08-12, 19:10
Nothing la. One is enough. No need two of the same kind right?

minority
04-09-12, 13:07
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...03-369330.html

SINGAPORE - Hours after a body was discovered floating in Bedok Reservoir at 6.52am on Sunday, a second body was found there on September 2 at 6.30pm.

This comes after a spate of deaths at the same reservoir in 2011.

A netizen named Alex, who wrote in to citizen journalism website Stomp, said that he saw policemen surrounding a body bag at around 6.30pm on Sunday.

RELATED STORIES

Unidentified male body found in Bedok Reservoir
Another body found at Bedok Reservoir
According to the him, the body was located near a bench along the jogging path, on top of a slope away from the water's edge.

A police spokesperson confirmed that they had received a call at about 1.59pm on September 2, informing them of a man found unresponsive on a bench at Bedok Reservoir Park.

Upon arrival, the police found the body of a 74-year-old man on the said bench.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the man had been wearing sports shoes when he was found and his daughter later confirmed that he had frequented Bedok Reservoir Park to exercise.

She believed that her father had ridden his bicycle to the park and sat down to take a rest upon feeling unwell.

He looked like he was sleeping when he passed out and hence not many passers-by had stopped to check on him.

Passers-by only came to realise he had already passed after they saw red ants crawling all over him.

The police spokesperson also added: "He was subsequently pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene. Police are investigating the unnatural death."

Earlier that day at 6.52am, the police received a call requesting for help at Bedok Reservoir.

They found the body of a man floating in the reservoir upon arrival. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

bakasa2002
06-09-12, 11:22
I been passing by Archi and EuHabitat sites on a daily basis and it seems like Archi construction at this stage is ahead of EuHabitat.

Considering they are about similar sized project, do you think Archi might TOP ahead of EuHabitat even though FEO already started selling theirs much earlier than Archi?

carbuncle
06-09-12, 11:36
UOL projects - beware of workmanship issues.

zeamybro
06-09-12, 11:46

OMG... i have a waterbank unit BUC by UOL... workmanship really jialat ah?

bakasa2002
06-09-12, 15:12

Wah, which proj? I heard they are generally ok but recent years reputation also went downhill?