PDA

View Full Version : Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

buttercarp
09-02-12, 14:20
Went to see the showflat, and we really liked it. But price seems abit steep... Any opinions? We liked the proximity to the future MRT, and less dense part of Bedok, although the present sentiment of the area is not so good!

I like the place very much. Like u, I ask like the dense vegetation and reservoir at the door step. However I don't find the MRT near. It should be about 700 to 800m away. I agree that the price is rather steep. However I like the layout where there is an isolated room which can be rented out. I like the amenities nearby too. So I will wait.......

oreo
09-02-12, 14:34
Yeah, we really liked the low rise concept. Just that the price seems steep for now... And at present, discount isn't much compared to the units they are moving.

bakasa2002
09-02-12, 15:03
Is it the norm for new launches nowadays to have 2 balconies? One larger one at the living room and the other one in the MBR.

On another note, I don't know why UOL/Singland seems to be saving money on advertising since the units are not really moving... The perimeter wall adverts that they built are not lighted up at night, although the spotlights are already provisioned.

Should turn on the spotlights to attract potential buyers.

I think it's getting common for balconies in MBR these days but I wld much prefer usable and not too big balconies over planter or bay windows which is not really of much use personally. ;)

They do advertise on Sat papers and even offer a sure win rebate of UP to $8888 for past 2 wks but this is a joke compare what FEO and others are ordering, so maybe the slow sales. I am passing by the site everyday and you are right, they rarely switch on the spotlight except when they are testing it b4 the launch. The site already has quite a bit of excavation works going on, trees are cut etc.

ppty
09-02-12, 15:12
whats the take up rate as of now

Tripp
09-02-12, 17:44
whats the take up rate as of now

Tight-lipped from UOL/SingLand.

Wait for the URA caveat transactions to be updated on 15th Feb. You will be able to find the sales figures (and thereby derive the no. of returned units) for Jan 12.

Sold 103 units out of 180 launched units in Dec 11. Development has 577 units. So far only 50 caveats lodged.

Tripp
10-02-12, 06:56
For those interested, Tiong Seng is the main contractor for this project.

http://tiongseng.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20111128_183659_K2P_C5D22161C03D148048257956003778E2.1.pdf

The contract is worth S$189.5 million.

ppty
10-02-12, 08:00
hmm seems good - they have done projects like sky eleven, tribeca, the arc ....

http://www.tiongseng.com.sg/pro_construct.html

For those interested, Tiong Seng is the main contractor for this project.

http://tiongseng.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20111128_183659_K2P_C5D22161C03D148048257956003778E2.1.pdf

The contract is worth S$189.5 million.

04-03-12, 19:33
Saw in today's papers are 2 & 3 bedders really starting from. $8xx psf ?

heroes
04-03-12, 19:58
Wow...20% sale

ppty
04-03-12, 20:00
checked with agent - only for certain stacks - something like star buys -

Tripp
07-03-12, 13:29
http://www.ocbcresearch.com/pdf_reports/marketpulse/Market%20pulse-120227-OIR.pdf

Holding prices at the Archipelago

Sales at the Archipelago launched in Dec 11 continue to be slower than we had hoped with ~160 units out of 577 units sold as of 24 Feb 12.

Management indicated that they would be holding prices mostly firm (~S$1,000 psf) in order not to undercut previous buyers – a strategy we agree with but would imply the Archipelago could take longer to sell than we previously projected.

Looking ahead, we expect the condominium units at the Lion City project and The Esplanade in Tianjin to launch in 2Q12.

bargain hunter
07-03-12, 14:11
then how come last weekend, an agent sms say starbuy:

1 bd 588k 1120psf
2 bd 828k 987psf
3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

but still stuck to the 1000psf ave lah.

:confused: ;)

http://www.ocbcresearch.com/pdf_reports/marketpulse/Market%20pulse-120227-OIR.pdf

Holding prices at the Archipelago

Sales at the Archipelago launched in Dec 11 continue to be slower than we had hoped with ~160 units out of 577 units sold as of 24 Feb 12.

Management indicated that they would be holding prices mostly firm (~S$1,000 psf) in order not to undercut previous buyers – a strategy we agree with but would imply the Archipelago could take longer to sell than we previously projected.

Looking ahead, we expect the condominium units at the Lion City project and The Esplanade in Tianjin to launch in 2Q12.

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 14:18

That is for first flr units mainly and the patio or PES area for this proj is comparatively larger than other devlopment. :)

Tripp
07-03-12, 14:20

1 bd 588k 1120psf
2 bd 828k 987psf
3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

For some reason, TA sales is really lacklustre... Dunno why cannot attract the crowds.

As for the pricing, I guess they had to do something cos' almost every development is giving some discounts / stamp duty rebates / FVs.

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 14:21

1 bd 588k 1120psf
2 bd 828k 987psf
3 bd 1.2m 1015psf?

I got the same SMS, it is mainly for the stack nearer to the strata houses, next to main entrance. I think they are trying to move those. Not sure how is the take up rate. :)

devilplate
07-03-12, 14:56
nid to go down to 8xx-9xxpsf den can move one.....so many dead bodies liao plus green bug....no joke......

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 15:05
nid to go down to 8xx-9xxpsf den can move one.....so many dead bodies liao plus green bug....no joke......

Actually, it's kind of strange that the WF collection can move so many units at such fast rate but this proj is moving so slowly, really strange. Personally, I like the location, size and also no planter, bay window but at >$1000psf it's kind of out of my reach. :(

devilplate
07-03-12, 15:14
Actually, it's kind of strange that the WF collection can move so many units at such fast rate but this proj is moving so slowly, really strange. Personally, I like the location, size and also no planter, bay window but at >$1000psf it's kind of out of my reach. :(
low rise....no view.....so-so finishing....siteplan so cramped....sure kena jialat jialat when green bug season back

bargain hunter
07-03-12, 15:18
i visited the showflat and liked it (the showflat :ashamed1: ) very much. its the quantum that puts pple off. i like the bedroom size BUT the facings are difficult. there is no "good facing". i guess the best facing is face the park, but buyers prob feel the premium is not justified.

For some reason, TA sales is really lacklustre... Dunno why cannot attract the crowds.

As for the pricing, I guess they had to do something cos' almost every development is giving some discounts / stamp duty rebates / FVs.

bargain hunter
07-03-12, 15:20
someone mentioned before face the park can be quite scary at night. come to think of it, maybe. someone (dun even need to be ghosts) may just climb up one of the trees to scare u. hehehe.

price
07-03-12, 15:23
i visited the showflat and liked it (the showflat :ashamed1: ) very much. its the quantum that puts pple off. i like the bedroom size BUT the facings are difficult. there is no "good facing". i guess the best facing is face the park, but buyers prob feel the premium is not justified.

Agree on this, the pricing is a letdown. Maybe if they built MM sized units with even higher psf$ but lower quantum, sales would have been better

PV Excit
07-03-12, 15:37

We also visited the showflat few weeks ago, simply lovely and we love it. But price is too high, so high that we find it hard to accept... We are too poor to afford it. :(

devilplate
07-03-12, 15:46
i find FEO soho showflat nicer leh....marbles everywhr and decent livable space too

seastrand , euhabitat, Wt all quite nice

dtrax
07-03-12, 17:23
i find FEO soho showflat nicer leh....marbles everywhr and decent livable space too

I like dream a dream tv ad more

Allthepies
07-03-12, 18:23

feo is king of marketing, of course nice:P

focus
07-03-12, 19:54
I got the same SMS, it is mainly for the stack nearer to the strata houses, next to main entrance. I think they are trying to move those. Not sure how is the take up rate. :)

I trhink the ones facing the entrance are the one very near to the HDB Rubbish Collection Center.

amk
07-03-12, 20:56
UOL very unlucky this time. This project was budgeted and designed as if the mkt is at the top. Even copy from LKS's idea of "townhouses" thinking selling to foreigners earn big big. And just when it's launched, CM5 came. I went to see it just before CM5, it was very crowdy just like any other new launch. CM5 killed all the interest.

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 21:19
I trhink the ones facing the entrance are the one very near to the HDB Rubbish Collection Center.

Ya, it is one of the 2 blk near the bins but not as near as the strata houses! I think it is stack 12 for 3bdr:D

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 21:24
low rise....no view.....so-so finishing....siteplan so cramped....sure kena jialat jialat when green bug season back

I like the layout, find it v livable, esp the 3bdr but agree the finishing also so-so and site plan is really tight w so many blocks. The strata houses just make it worst. They could have build some facilities in that area. Of cos Im thinking from a home owner instead of developer pt of view. :)

bakasa2002
07-03-12, 21:30
We also visited the showflat few weeks ago, simply lovely and we love it. But price is too high, so high that we find it hard to accept... We are too poor to afford it. :(

Looking at the 3bdr, quantum abt 1.3mil, it was also out of my reach too. :)
We also like the place and wanted some convenience nearby. However, walking around the shops nearby was kind of depressing cos like machiam not doing that well, kopitiam, supermarket and some really weird shops! There is even a renal centre and noisy bird shop next to the show flat...

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:29
43 sold in feb at 1159psf median

price
15-03-12, 13:50
43 sold in feb at 1159psf median

Kudos to their $8888 lucky draw adverts on ST

oreo
28-03-12, 02:25
What do you guys feel would be an acceptable price for a pool-facing 3bedroom patio unit? Those are 1539sqft.

And the cons of a Patio? Cos my other half really likes the open space, for some small time gardening, and dogs. But I'm not too sure from an investment perspective, and hence intend to haggle on the price.

ppty
28-03-12, 11:51
in my opinion a fair value would be ard 850 + psf ( not more than 900 )
as the other non-pes units are being quoted for 1K or even more (1050-1100)

so from an investment point - there is already a gain here and ground floor
units are popular if u decide to rent out - they seem to get rented out faster

i hve seen the show flat /floor plans and must agree design is very functional -
bedroom sizes good -walk in wardrobe for MBR - kitchen and yard separated by a door (which is quite rare in most new condos) - and there is a backyard area (PES) which gives a feel of staying in a landed pty - plus pool view -

by the way which stack n blk r u looking at

oreo
28-03-12, 18:49
Thanks. Are you going to buy 1 too? Only a handful of 3bedroom patio left, and was looking at the pool facing ones.

ppty
28-03-12, 21:30
well a relative of mine picked up the one a good unit number ground floor facing pool - so that's how i kinda of studied the project n commented

i think this is a one of its kind low rise development in the reservoir area
as most are high rise so potential is there

by the way what is the asking price now -

Thanks. Are you going to buy 1 too? Only a handful of 3bedroom patio left, and was looking at the pool facing ones.

chiaberry
28-03-12, 22:10
You can phone any of the agents to check on the price. I think this devt is not bad for self-stay. A few ppl I know bought units for that and they are ppl who have been staying in the area for some time. One bought a 3-bedder, one bought a dual key 5-bedder and one bought a penthouse 4-bedder. It is the only devt that has the reservoir park directly in its backyard so to speak.

minority
28-03-12, 22:16
Got to understand the character of the place.

Pros
Great to live near waterbody
Near to some basic amenities

Con
A fair walk to new mrt
Mrt won't be up till 2016-18
Might have more floaters
Occasional mid dew flies infestation

ppty
28-03-12, 22:38
Got to understand the character of the place.

Pros
Great to live near waterbody
Near to some basic amenities

Con
A fair walk to new mrt
Mrt won't be up till 2016-18
Might have more floaters
Occasional mid dew flies infestation

5 to 10 min Walk

Project TOP in 2016

suicide n death happen everywhere dont we get ppl
jumping off high rise apts - does that means everyone
have to vacate the block ? ?

tis is being taken care of by PUB with intl experts -
dont foresee it as permanent - it could be over when
project TOP in 2016

oreo
28-03-12, 22:49
The pool facing ones are going in the region of 1.4m, which comes up to about 900psf. This will be our 1st property, and we just want to make sure we will come out ok in the future.

Do you mind PM how much your relative paid for the patio unit?

ppty
28-03-12, 23:01
have PM a while ago

well go where yr heart feels - if u and family like the location then
it doesnt matter whatever others say - that's how i look at it

further i dont think closer to 900psf it can go wrong as its in a mature
estate -

property need to take a long term view - and i m sure it will turn out
fine in the future

The pool facing ones are going in the region of 1.4m, which comes up to about 900psf. This will be our 1st property, and we just want to make sure we will come out ok in the future.

price
28-03-12, 23:17
What do you guys feel would be an acceptable price for a pool-facing 3bedroom patio unit? Those are 1539sqft.

And the cons of a Patio? Cos my other half really likes the open space, for some small time gardening, and dogs. But I'm not too sure from an investment perspective, and hence intend to haggle on the price.

Seems like your buying this for own stay (Gardening + Dogs etc.) Then why are u asking about investment point of view? Shouldn't mix ur main property and investment together :tsk-tsk:

price
28-03-12, 23:19
You can phone any of the agents to check on the price. I think this devt is not bad for self-stay. A few ppl I know bought units for that and they are ppl who have been staying in the area for some time. One bought a 3-bedder, one bought a dual key 5-bedder and one bought a penthouse 4-bedder. It is the only devt that has the reservoir park directly in its backyard so to speak.

Agreed, this project is pretty nice for self stay. Gonna be relatively near the new MRT. probably not difficult to rent out too if ur asking is not too high.

chiaberry
28-03-12, 23:38
Seems like your buying this for own stay (Gardening + Dogs etc.) Then why are u asking about investment point of view? Shouldn't mix ur main property and investment together :tsk-tsk:

Agree with this bro. The dogs will love the reservoir park behind. Not many places where the dogs can so easily find somewhere to run about and with so easy access without having to go on the road.

I don't think a 10 min walk to the MRT is a big deal. Consider it your small dose of daily exercise. It will pay dividends for your health in the long run. Just hope the road doesn't pond with water when it rains. But probably not as this property is on high ground.

buttercarp
29-03-12, 00:00

If I had the means..... I would buy a unit in this development.
I like the environment.
If you feel good about it then consider seriously buying it.
I am holding back cos if I buy, it is for investment so it would be prudent to wait and see.

price
29-03-12, 00:15
Agree with this bro. The dogs will love the reservoir park behind. Not many places where the dogs can so easily find somewhere to run about and with so easy access without having to go on the road.

I don't think a 10 min walk to the MRT is a big deal. Consider it your small dose of daily exercise. It will pay dividends for your health in the long run. Just hope the road doesn't pond with water when it rains. But probably not as this property is on high ground.

Yes i remember at the launch, was told that the units nearer to the MRT side are on higher ground than the opposite extreme.

if you walk 10 mins to the other direction u get Sheng Shiong and many good coffeeshops! this area aint that bad.

price
29-03-12, 00:16
If I had the means..... I would buy a unit in this development.
I like the environment.
If you feel good about it then consider seriously buying it.
I am holding back cos if I buy, it is for investment so it would be prudent to wait and see.
Ur holding back because u want ur FH land right? :tongue3:

Btw, i remember certain stacks in this development got Private Lifts. How do u think about that?

minority
29-03-12, 09:06

Yup. Should consider for the Dog too. Pets are part of the family u noe.

pinkpolkadot
03-04-12, 21:01
I like it very much. Just wonder what is security like for ground and first floor?

ppty
08-04-12, 11:13
Does anyone know the ceiling height for the ground floor units ? thanks

ppty
08-04-12, 11:31
Tiong Seng Holdings

New contracts worth $784m. In FY11, Tiong Seng increased its orderbook by a total of $784m, beating our forecast of $600m. The new contracts brought its outstanding orderbook to approximately $1.4b. They comprised high-profile contracts from both the private and the public sectors. The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has awarded Tiong Seng two of its most expensive projects to-date, Waterway Terraces I and II, with a combined contract value of $339m.

The company has also won the building contracts for private residential projects such as The Glyndebourne in Bukit Timah, The Luxurie in Sengkang and
The Archipelago at Bedok Reservoir.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:40
sales picked up a bit in mar. 93 sold at 1074psf median.

ppty
16-04-12, 16:16
probably could be due to ppl realize its value for money in terms of furnishings provided , layout - design compared to other recent launches....

sales picked up a bit in mar. 93 sold at 1074psf median.

phantom_opera
16-04-12, 16:47
Archipelago is dirt cheap ... 1000psf for 2br 840sqft VERY EFFICIENT LAYOUT, no stupid oversized balcony like Sky Habitat ... 700psf cheaper than Sky Habitat, 250psf cheaper than My Manhattan @ Simei ... near future MRT ... trees / fresh air / negative ions surrounding you (provided not facing the road behind) ... big piece of land, low rise, rich neighbors from the landed strata housing ...

BUY !!!

price
16-04-12, 16:54
Archipelago is dirt cheap ... 1000psf for 2br 840sqft VERY EFFICIENT LAYOUT, no stupid oversized balcony like Sky Habitat ... 700psf cheaper than Sky Habitat, 250psf cheaper than My Manhattan @ Simei ... near future MRT ... trees / fresh air / negative ions surrounding you (provided not facing the road behind) ... big piece of land, low rise, rich neighbors from the landed strata housing ...

BUY !!!

1kpsf 99 years LH no reservoir view, is dirt cheap!? :scared-4: efficient layout is not difficult to find.

phantom_opera
16-04-12, 17:11
1kpsf 99 years LH no reservoir view, is dirt cheap!? :scared-4: efficient layout is not difficult to find.

Aiyo .. u just exit Archipelago showflat, climb up on your left there is a small hill with very very nice view ...

The quantum is only 840k, same distance to Marina Bay compared to Bishan .. not cheap? :rolleyes:

Not vested.

price
16-04-12, 18:05
Aiyo .. u just exit Archipelago showflat, climb up on your left there is a small hill with very very nice view ...

The quantum is only 840k, same distance to Marina Bay compared to Bishan .. not cheap? :rolleyes:

Not vested.
SH designed by who? haha. SH few stops away from orchard. this? cannot compare lar. Bishan so much amenities. very different areas.

bakasa2002
18-04-12, 11:56
I was told they raised the price by 1.5% recently. :(

phantom_opera
18-04-12, 12:17
heh heh heh ... more price hike to come after SH / Katong Regency selling like hot cakes

Archipelago will probably move another 40-50 units this month

Not vested

chiaberry
18-04-12, 12:43
SH designed by who? haha. SH few stops away from orchard. this? cannot compare lar. Bishan so much amenities. very different areas.

Amenities will improve in this area as Bedok Residences is only just down the road.

Ambience of this location is better than SH (it is next to greenery in the backyard).

And pragmatically Archipelago is about the same time/distance from the city centre as Bishan by car.

Due to the large price difference, this has more potential for upside compared to SH.

Vested in both locations (Bishan/Bedok).

ppty
18-04-12, 13:26
was told that up to today more than 320 units sold

most pool n park facing units taken up -

heh heh heh ... more price hike to come after SH / Katong Regency selling like hot cakes

Archipelago will probably move another 40-50 units this month

Not vested

bakasa2002
18-04-12, 16:18
was told that up to today more than 320 units sold

most pool n park facing units taken up -

Wow, that's good sales at 1100psf, it is still affordable for most, I guess. :)

ppty
21-04-12, 13:11
nice color ad on quality paper in today's ST

chiaberry
21-04-12, 13:30
I wonder if there's further price increase. Because this is looking relatively cheap compared to the latest offerings in the market......

zeamybro
01-05-12, 13:33
Went to the show flat just now, it seems rather packed on Labour Day :)

zeamybro
01-05-12, 13:34
I wonder if there's further price increase. Because this is looking relatively cheap compared to the latest offerings in the market......

I heard there was a 1-2% increase in the listed price in Apr, and there is no more star buy release so far already

phantom_opera
01-05-12, 13:58
#1 competitor to Minton :2cents:

zeamybro
01-05-12, 14:25

Oh why Minton? I think Minton has no MRT and has very big planter balcony + planters + baywindows + HS, but with lots of interesting amenities like library, a/c badminton court, large pools and most attractively is the price =)

Archipelago has a big reservoir park behind, upcoming MRT, NTUC/ShengShiong nearby but it comes with a price premium. But i would say, both areas have their fair share of supporters :)

phantom_opera
02-05-12, 14:56
Very few 2brs left ... all above 900k :cheers1: OCR 1000psf is cheap ... chiong ah !!!

Natural negative ions all around you:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/d/4/a/f/d4afa120166731_1_V550.jpg

East Lover
02-05-12, 20:18
nice photo! and i can see waterview construction site at right corner, just below her mobile - the big 8 :p :p :p

would you mind ot share which project have you eventually picked up??

Very few 2brs left ... all above 900k :cheers1: OCR 1000psf is cheap ... chiong ah !!!

Natural negative ions all around you:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/d/4/a/f/d4afa120166731_1_V550.jpg

kane
03-05-12, 00:10
Minton can't possibly compete for sales when it only has 30units left to sell.

bakasa2002
07-05-12, 23:39
Minton can't possibly compete for sales when it only has 30units left to sell.

How much is the Psf for Minton?

kane
08-05-12, 00:06
How much is the Psf for Minton?

about 900+psf considering that it is just 2 bedders left. someone else mentioned that only 4 units left. not sure how true that is.

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 00:30
about 900+psf considering that it is just 2 bedders left. someone else mentioned that only 4 units left. not sure how true that is.

Thanks bro, so Archi is still pricier than Minton. Read Psf abt 1000 but I seen its more like 1100, anyone got good deal or discount being offered for this proj?:(

zeamybro
08-05-12, 10:14
Thanks bro, so Archi is still pricier than Minton. Read Psf abt 1000 but I seen its more like 1100, anyone got good deal or discount being offered for this proj?:(

If u study the floorplans, you will realise Archi does not have planters, baywindows and HS, so whatever size quoted is the exact floor space you are getting. So can i say there is more 'usable' space to demand the higher psf? There is also an upside which is the upcoming MRT station for capital appreciation, alongside with the Waterfront Series.

On the downside, i read somewhere in the forum that the facilities provided in the project are under-sized. I heard from a colleague who was v keen in this project that there were star buys (additional 3% discount) for certain stacks (not necc the lousier stacks), but when he tried asking similar discounts for a non star buy unit, he wasnt entertained.

phantom_opera
08-05-12, 10:17
Once Minton sold out, this will follow immediately ...

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 12:21
If u study the floorplans, you will realise Archi does not have planters, baywindows and HS, so whatever size quoted is the exact floor space you are getting. So can i say there is more 'usable' space to demand the higher psf? There is also an upside which is the upcoming MRT station for capital appreciation, alongside with the Waterfront Series.

On the downside, i read somewhere in the forum that the facilities provided in the project are under-sized. I heard from a colleague who was v keen in this project that there were star buys (additional 3% discount) for certain stacks (not necc the lousier stacks), but when he tried asking similar discounts for a non star buy unit, he wasnt entertained.

I see, agree that the lack of bw, planters and hs make it worth paying for, just hoped that it will be closer to 1000psf which will be more affordable to me. :)

Yeap, agree that the facilities might be undersized or spread out in a long-ish manner for this proj and the space taken up by the strata houses for something more useful... Lolx!

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 12:22
Once Minton sold out, this will follow immediately ...

phantom bro, how is this proj similar to minton? I thought Archi is more ex than minton, low rise vs high rise and has a mrt to be completed.

zeamybro
08-05-12, 13:49
I see, agree that the lack of bw, planters and hs make it worth paying for, just hoped that it will be closer to 1000psf which will be more affordable to me. :)

Yeap, agree that the facilities might be undersized or spread out in a long-ish manner for this proj and the space taken up by the strata houses for something more useful... Lolx!

bakasa ... you buying for own stay or rental? looking at how many bedders? I think Archi used to offer some 2-bedders at 840K (works out to be close to 1000psf) but road facing. Personally i thought the low-rise concept on a hill-top is very nice ....

I think The Minton 2-bedders is also worth considering cos of the low psf, and its jus a couple of bus-stops away from NEX/Serangoon Interchange, which is considered quite a good location isnt it? Dont think we could find <1000psf in sgp v soon....

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 14:06
bakasa ... you buying for own stay or rental? looking at how many bedders? I think Archi used to offer some 2-bedders at 840K (works out to be close to 1000psf) but road facing. Personally i thought the low-rise concept on a hill-top is very nice ....

I think The Minton 2-bedders is also worth considering cos of the low psf, and its jus a couple of bus-stops away from NEX/Serangoon Interchange, which is considered quite a good location isnt it? Dont think we could find <1000psf in sgp v soon....

most likely own stay. any lobang can pm me. I have a colleague who bought minton and ask me to take a look but so far I have not, cos' maybe hougang not my pref area. Yeap, 1000psf in suburban gonna be challenging. Perhaps next to lookout for is the FEO site at Bedok South. :)

realestates1
08-05-12, 14:51
Thanks for your informations.

panamera
08-05-12, 22:18
Went to check it out over the weekend and was impressed. Layout very good and functional. Looking at a 4 bedder but only 3 remaining and all at the block nearest bedok north road. From looking at the site, not sure how elevated the site is but behind is a hillock. Pricing wise i would say fair value.

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 22:22
Went to check it out over the weekend and was impressed. Layout very good and functional. Looking at a 4 bedder but only 3 remaining and all at the block nearest bedok north road. From looking at the site, not sure how elevated the site is but behind is a hillock. Pricing wise i would say fair value.

Four bedder is about 2mil? I personally like the layout a lot too but agents seems to indicate uol is holding firm on prices. It seems they enjoyed really good sales since the dec/jan slowdown due to cooling measure.

kane
08-05-12, 22:24

all the 4 bedders sold out or some not launched?

ppty
08-05-12, 23:38
Four bedder is about 2mil? I personally like the layout a lot too but agents seems to indicate uol is holding firm on prices. It seems they enjoyed really good sales since the dec/jan slowdown due to cooling measure.

UOL has managed to sell most of the 3 and 4 bedders except some units facing the semi-d houses - and a handful of 1 - 2 bedders facing the main road

the best park and pool facing are all taken up

UOL is confident of this unique low rise one of a kind in the reservoir area so i suppose there is no urgency to lower and sell -

i was shown the list of sold and available units and surprised that so much taken up - in view of uol's low key marketing strategy

and i agree that the space is functional - no bay and crappy planters - balcony size reasonable and the PES unit type is also well thought of with a backyard PES which can be access from the yard area - so it feels like landed living....

bakasa2002
08-05-12, 23:59
UOL has managed to sell most of the 3 and 4 bedders except some units facing the semi-d houses - and a handful of 1 - 2 bedders facing the main road

the best park and pool facing are all taken up

UOL is confident of this unique low rise one of a kind in the reservoir area so i suppose there is no urgency to lower and sell -

i was shown the list of sold and available units and surprised that so much taken up - in view of uol's low key marketing strategy

and i agree that the space is functional - no bay and crappy planters - balcony size reasonable and the PES unit type is also well thought of with a backyard PES which can be access from the yard area - so it feels like landed living....

Ya, the PES ground floor are mostly all gone and I kind of feel sad that there is none left. It would most likely be out of my budget too. :)

panamera
09-05-12, 00:09

Just below 1.9 mln

fclim
09-05-12, 00:25
most likely own stay. any lobang can pm me. I have a colleague who bought minton and ask me to take a look but so far I have not, cos' maybe hougang not my pref area. Yeap, 1000psf in suburban gonna be challenging. Perhaps next to lookout for is the FEO site at Bedok South. :)

Minton more Serangoon than Hougang. I can never understand why they want to name the street as Hougang St 11. It has no relation whatsoever to the surrounding roads. The heart of Hougang is further up after Kovan area.

bakasa2002
09-05-12, 10:46
Just below 1.9 mln

after all the discount is just below 1.9mil? Any good discounts the agent offering for this proj now? I know they got a ang bao draw since CNY till now. Heard they have raise prices too. :)

latour
09-05-12, 15:05
after all the discount is just below 1.9mil? Any good discounts the agent offering for this proj now? I know they got a ang bao draw since CNY till now. Heard they have raise prices too. :)

The price is increasing again? looks like a few still selling projects are doing the same.

bakasa2002
09-05-12, 15:10
The price is increasing again? looks like a few still selling projects are doing the same.

developers are not letting up, it's the same trick, either raise price a bit or deduct some discount or SD rebate at every chance. It's their duty to answer to the shareholders but are buyers still biting? :P

phantom_opera
09-05-12, 15:11
I repeat ... nothing will be below 1000psf in OCR soon ...

M3 up since 2003, property psf should go up in tandem, means a 400psf OCR in 2003 will be 972psf today, a 800psf condo in 2003 will be 1900psf today

Will garmen sell land based on this ratio of 2.43, would construction sector charge the construction cost based on this ratio ... you BET !!!

Jan 190,001.1

Mar P 462,461.7

bakasa2002
09-05-12, 15:48
I repeat ... nothing will be below 1000psf in OCR soon ...

M3 up since 2003, property psf should go up in tandem, means a 400psf OCR in 2003 will be 972psf today, a 800psf condo in 2003 will be 1900psf today

Will garmen sell land based on this ratio of 2.43, would construction sector charge the construction cost based on this ratio ... you BET !!!

Jan 190,001.1

Mar P 462,461.7

bro, what is M3 ah?

maisonjai
09-05-12, 16:50
bro, u know this proj name is called Ai-Kee-Beh-Loh? (wanna up cannot down). Naturally price is up like morning effect. heehee

ppty
09-05-12, 20:44
developers are not letting up, it's the same trick, either raise price a bit or deduct some discount or SD rebate at every chance. It's their duty to answer to the shareholders but are buyers still biting? :P

whatever hair splitting or analysis is of no use - at the end of day its clear that "buyers are still biting" - look at this way -

if u like the project and u r getting it from developer direct - so once its sold that's it - it then belongs to someone else and in the later years when its TOP - it may be much higher than what u r being offered now...

latour
11-05-12, 10:01
someone told me recent few days interest for this project is good, and looks like more was sold. True?

bakasa2002
11-05-12, 11:40
someone told me recent few days interest for this project is good, and looks like more was sold. True?

Heard last wk, they shd have sold about 65%. About 380/577?

zeamybro
11-05-12, 15:30
Agent was telling me that once UOL has sold more than 50% of the units, they are happy and ready to go slow without any further discount to under-cut the earlier buyers...

I have been staying in Bedok Reservoir for more than 20yrs and i personally think that Archipelago is sitting on probably one of the best land parcels in that area. It is the nearest project to the supermarkets/foodcourts and about 400m away from the future MRT station. The other projects are good too, but they are either near to the future MRT but far away from the amenities, or are nearer to the amenities but mid-way betw 2 future MRT stations.

Archipelago has taken up the last piece of land parcel surrounding the reservoir, dont think we are expecting any more projects in the vicinity in the near future.

bakasa2002
11-05-12, 20:44
Agent was telling me that once UOL has sold more than 50% of the units, they are happy and ready to go slow without any further discount to under-cut the earlier buyers...

I have been staying in Bedok Reservoir for more than 20yrs and i personally think that Archipelago is sitting on probably one of the best land parcels in that area. It is the nearest project to the supermarkets/foodcourts and about 400m away from the future MRT station. The other projects are good too, but they are either near to the future MRT but far away from the amenities, or are nearer to the amenities but mid-way betw 2 future MRT stations.

Archipelago has taken up the last piece of land parcel surrounding the reservoir, dont think we are expecting any more projects in the vicinity in the near future.
zeamybro, you noted a few good points but seriously speaking the neighbouring hdb prices isn't that high compared to the rest of Bedok, so the question i have in mind is that if you are keen on getting a unit, don't u think that at 1100psf avg, this proj is kind of overpriced?

No other plot also means probably no future room for appreciation? Hehehe ... I mean basically if u r keen on staying near the reservoir, you really have quite a few choices such as the WF, Clearwater, Baywater, Aquarius and opposite u have Tropica, Waterview and Arc, which are not as pricy as Archi? Don't you think so?

kane
11-05-12, 22:36
And the top floor of archipelago can't really see the water body right?

zeamybro
11-05-12, 23:04
zeamybro, you noted a few good points but seriously speaking the neighbouring hdb prices isn't that high compared to the rest of Bedok, so the question i have in mind is that if you are keen on getting a unit, don't u think that at 1100psf avg, this proj is kind of overpriced?

No other plot also means probably no future room for appreciation? Hehehe ... I mean basically if u r keen on staying near the reservoir, you really have quite a few choices such as the WF, Clearwater, Baywater, Aquarius and opposite u have Tropica, Waterview and Arc, which are not as pricy as Archi? Don't you think so?

bakasa - tks for asking. First i must declare i have no vested interest in this project, but becos i stay fairly near this area, i thought i would like to share some of my humble opinions (which you may disagree).

Yeah, $1100psf avg indeed makes Archipelago the priciest project in Bedok Reservoir, but thats probably becos its the latest project which was launched in the area (the next latest projects WFI & WFG were launched in 2010/2011). Ppty prices in sgp has gone crazy from 2010 to 2012, and i believe the resale or subsales of WFI/WFG shld be selling near 1100psf as well?

I cant comment much on the HDB prices cos i didnt really study them, but i think most of the Bedok Reservoir HDBs are about 20-25yrs old, not so sure how they fare compared with the other parts of Bedok but definitely no match to those new HDBs nearer to the Bedok Town Central =)

Tropica and Waterview shld have very quiet and fantastic views (those facing away from main roads). In fact, i have stayed in Tropica for a few yrs and i really find the stay there pleasant, except for the fact that its not near the amenities. We often need to drive out for food or groceries, and its not near the future MRT. They are also separated from the reservoir by a big long kang. But i do love SimLian projects and i thot WV shld be a nice project if you have your own transport.

Aquarius & ClearWater are not new projects with land age easily more than 12-15yr old. For a LH project of 99yr, more than 12% is already gone. So you may wish to factor in that for the lower psf. Clearwater and Baywater are both surrounded by 3 major roads .....

The Waterfront series, as i mentioned, were launched a couple of yrs earlier and that shld explain the lower psf price. These projects come with HS and baywindows, so you could prob factor that into the psf calculation once again. WFK & WFW may be v near to the future MRT station but they r far from the amenities. WFG & WFI are relatively nearer to the amenities but are not that near to the future MRT station. Overall, i think they are nice projects too. Whenever i drive past the newly built WFK condos along Bedok Reservoir road, i feel the entire place has become more 'atas' and exclusive now, some sort like the feel i get at Tanjong Rhu :ashamed1:

Back to Archipelago, it is abt 400m away from the future MRT, and the mini town centre is just next to it. Most imptly, the reservoir park is directly behind the compound (I personally feel it makes a lot of difference being separated from the reservoir by a busy road vs greenery/parks).

I would think Archipelago makes a good investment, especially for own stay. Its not easy to find similar projects where you stay directly on the reservoir park plus it is low rise (provided you must like the reservoir park and low rise concept), unlike the typical mass market projects). You would be staying in a resort-like environment yet you get to enjoy HDB-priced amenities next door. Moreover, there is an upside to this project, which is the upcoming DTL3, which directly links you to MBS :) So there could be some capital appreciation.

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 14:10
thanks zeamybro for the input ... It does seem interesting place to stay albeit at a higher price, it will potential leave it w the least room to appreciate considering the high price and possibly will correct the most since it is so expensive. I do like the low rise and nx to reservoir concept and is really thinking hard.

For DTL3, does it link to MBS? Not particularly updated on this so if you have more to share. That be good. Thanks.

price
12-05-12, 14:16
DT16 CE1 Bayfront 海湾舫 Circle Line

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/MRT_map_DT.svg
thanks zeamybro for the input ... It does seem interesting place to stay albeit at a higher price, it will potential leave it w the least room to appreciate considering the high price and possibly will correct the most since it is so expensive. I do like the low rise and nx to reservoir concept and is really thinking hard.

For DTL3, does it link to MBS? Not particularly updated on this so if you have more to share. That be good. Thanks.

phantom_opera
12-05-12, 14:25
bro bakasa, you should consider WFG subsale too, it has sky garden at 16th floor ;)

zeamybro
12-05-12, 14:38

Bakasa, it has to depend whether u r buying for investment or own stay. If for investment, ppl would usually look at rental yields and potential capital gain. With so many CMs in place, quite unlikely we r going to see the same rate of capital gain we were seeing from 2008-2012. Relying on rental yields especially with a 80% loan does not make much investment sense to me too, esp when we need to pray hard that there is constant good rentals and the interest rates are kept low.

But if the purchase is for own stay, it shouldn't matter that much if there would be more or less capital appreciation as unlikely u would exercise your gain or loss within the next few yrs. Using a 10yr horizon, I m sure it will still be a gd investment.

hyenergix
12-05-12, 14:56
Bakasa, it has to depend whether u r buying for investment or own stay. If for investment, ppl would usually look at rental yields and potential capital gain. With so many CMs in place, quite unlikely we r going to see the same rate of capital gain we were seeing from 2008-2012. Relying on rental yields especially with a 80% loan does not make much investment sense to me too, esp when we need to pray hard that there is constant good rentals and the interest rates are kept low.

But if the purchase is for own stay, it shouldn't matter that much if there would be more or less capital appreciation as unlikely u would exercise your gain or loss within the next few yrs. Using a 10yr horizon, I m sure it will still be a gd investment.

Y din u buy?

zeamybro
12-05-12, 15:09
Y din u buy?

I m already vested in other projects

hyenergix
12-05-12, 15:16
:)
I m already vested in other projects

Archi proj needs to hold until 2017 when MRT is ready, else quite little upside. Meanwhile cheaper WF TOP n undercut its subsales.

zeamybro
12-05-12, 15:24

Archi proj needs to hold until 2017 when MRT is ready, else quite little upside. Meanwhile cheaper WF TOP n undercut its subsales.

Yeah agree. Think most archi buyers bought for own stay. The archi concept is v diff from the 4 WF projects. So most imptly is one must buy what he likes ...

jitkiat
12-05-12, 15:37
Taken using Fujifilm F11 and shrink to 75% size

carbuncle
12-05-12, 17:22
And the top floor of archipelago can't really see the water body right?
Yup. But may see water bodies... Wakaka

carbuncle
12-05-12, 17:25
bro, u know this proj name is called Ai-Kee-Beh-Loh? (wanna up cannot down). Naturally price is up like morning effect. heehee
I beg to differ. Its more like Ai Kee Beh Lak Gu (wanna go high but cmi) wakakaka

oreo
12-05-12, 17:48
I personally found the quality of the interior finishing very good too. Marble flooring & timber strips for 3bedders & above. Esp to the other projects like WV.

The layout and kitchen area also very practical.

chiaberry
12-05-12, 19:02
zeamybro:

You mentioned that the MRT will be about 400m away. From the map, it seems to be further away. More like 700m which I measured on onemap.sg using the measuring tool. Or maybe my expectation of where the station entrance will be is not correct?

phantom_opera
12-05-12, 20:41
Finally visited the showflat, saw some Indians, Ang Moh, young couples, steady stream of visitors ..

1. The interior finishing is good, marble flooring / walls everywhere, toilet'/MBR is very spacious for the 5br

2. It is obviously targeting big / rich extended family who wants to live close to nature ... the quantum for townhouse, 5br/4br all hitting CCR threshold.

3. The showflat renovation is imo, quit lousy ... it does not give sense of coherence / harmony especially those upstairs, overuse of brown and confusing / unmatched decors etc make me dizzy :doh: The photos are crazy, too much vividness and post-processing, does not look natural at all ..

4. The best bet for investors probably is 2br around 900k ...

Highly recommended for nature lovers, believers of negative ions, retirees, landed lovers (I think it is very close to landed living even you stay in condo) as the land is huge with varying height. Personally I hate mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches so not my cup of tea :o

panamera
12-05-12, 20:46
Did the scale model there show the different elevations. Which blocks will sit on higher land?

buttercarp
12-05-12, 21:33
zeamybro:

You mentioned that the MRT will be about 400m away. From the map, it seems to be further away. More like 700m which I measured on onemap.sg using the measuring tool. Or maybe my expectation of where the station entrance will be is not correct?

MRT is about 700-800m away.
The agent there confirmed it.

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 21:55
DT16 CE1 Bayfront 海湾舫 Circle Line

Thanks price bro, means still have to transfer from mrt at circle line to mbs stop, I was thinking it's a direct line. Hehehe

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 21:57

I tend to agree little upside considering the Psf they are selling at. It looks unlikely to have new proj close by, so unless mkt goes up further. This is as good as it gets. Good to stay but investment potential not high. :)

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 22:03
I personally found the quality of the interior finishing very good too. Marble flooring & timber strips for 3bedders & above. Esp to the other projects like WV.

The layout and kitchen area also very practical.

Indeed, finishing and space planning IMO is easily the best among proj new or old alike for 3bedders but that has alrdy been factor into the price. For me, at least u r not paying for bw, hs, planter or excessive balcony, so perhaps the higher Psf is justifiable?

zeamybro
12-05-12, 22:34
Thanks price bro, means still have to transfer from mrt at circle line to mbs stop, I was thinking it's a direct line. Hehehe

Bakasa ..its direct line, dont have to change at circle line

http://blog.iproperty.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DowntownLine2.jpg

zeamybro
12-05-12, 22:44
zeamybro:

Chiaberry ... havent used onemap.sg before so this would be my first attempt, pls guide me if i didnt use it correctly.

Assuming the start point is at the bus-stop where the side gate is - Seems that if you take the direct path by cutting through the HDB and carpark, it is less than 400m. And if you choose to take the detour route using the sheltered walk-way, it is 480m.

I am conservatively assuming the MRT entrance is next to the canal. In actual fact, it could be even nearer to the HDB and bus-stop as it makes more sense to serve the community there than to locate it further away (nearer to PIE).

zeamybro
12-05-12, 22:57
I just realised that if you take the start point from the project main entrance, it is even nearer at 355m from the MRT station.

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 23:03
bro bakasa, you should consider WFG subsale too, it has sky garden at 16th floor ;)

How much are dev sale for WF these days?

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 23:06
Did the scale model there show the different elevations. Which blocks will sit on higher land?

Blk 511 and 525 r on the highest pt according to agent.

bakasa2002
12-05-12, 23:13
I just realised that if you take the start point from the project main entrance, it is even nearer at 355m from the MRT station.

Really looks v near!

chiaberry
13-05-12, 00:40

Hey thanks a lot. I did not figure that you could cut through the HDB flats to get a short-cut. Seems very near now that you have pointed it out. :doh:

panamera
13-05-12, 00:42
Blk 511 and 525 r on the highest pt according to agent.

Thanks. Not sure if any 4 bedder still left avail.

phantom_opera
13-05-12, 10:19
How much are dev sale for WF these days?

Check propertyguru.com.sg, call agents, WFI still has about 20 units but min quantum 1.2m

bakasa2002
13-05-12, 10:39
Thanks. Not sure if any 4 bedder still left avail.

I think only one left, I chk w agent again yest but I'm more keen on 3bdr which hv v limited 3bdr for pool facing. So far, best unit avail is 02-34.

bakasa2002
13-05-12, 10:43
Check propertyguru.com.sg, call agents, WFI still has about 20 units but min quantum 1.2m

Thanks bro, I do agree Archi Reno is a bit slipshod

phantom_opera
13-05-12, 10:59
Anybody knows whether there is any plan to link up DTL, ERL and EWL via LRT ... may be they will have very frequent buses feeding station to station from DTL Bedok Reservior to Bedok EWL to the future ERL Bedok South station

panamera
13-05-12, 11:24
I think only one left, I chk w agent again yest but I'm more keen on 3bdr which hv v limited 3bdr for pool facing. So far, best unit avail is 02-34.

Thanks. Last weekend when i was there, only 3 to choose for but not sure if blk 519 is not too near the edge of the development.

No 3 bedder facing park?

bakasa2002
13-05-12, 14:36
Anybody knows whether there is any plan to link up DTL, ERL and EWL via LRT ... may be they will have very frequent buses feeding station to station from DTL Bedok Reservior to Bedok EWL to the future ERL Bedok South station

I would like to think that LTA have their hands full with all the maintenance wk and checks they need to step up to. Maybe ERL be the last addition to MRT lines for a while. :)

bakasa2002
13-05-12, 14:39
Thanks. Last weekend when i was there, only 3 to choose for but not sure if blk 519 is not too near the edge of the development.

No 3 bedder facing park?

Think no more 3bdr facing park, I was asking abt pool facing and quoted 1.3mil and was told a park facing is about 100k more. Hmm, at 1.3mil do u guys think it is worth it?

zeamybro
13-05-12, 15:38
Think no more 3bdr facing park, I was asking abt pool facing and quoted 1.3mil and was told a park facing is about 100k more. Hmm, at 1.3mil do u guys think it is worth it?

There is one more park-facing unit left (a 4BR PH i think) at Blk 519 but its quite near to Bedok North Road.

Went down to see a few Dakota Residences resale units this morning. Although i like the peaceful env + city view a lot, i find the baywindows really excessive, making the floor space really tiny. Frankly speaking, my family is re-considering the 4BR PH (semi-d or pool facing) units at Archi now, but we would need to wait for another 3-4yrs.

Bakasa - it will be worth it only if you and your family likes it a lot :)

panamera
13-05-12, 16:35

Can you imagine living there? If you can and finances can support it, i would say go for it. If the rational reasons say buy, the final factor will be the emotional one.

I will probably keep this in mind and look at units there only TOP, cos the units i like are sold already.

bakasa2002
14-05-12, 01:09
There is one more park-facing unit left (a 4BR PH i think) at Blk 519 but its quite near to Bedok North Road.

Went down to see a few Dakota Residences resale units this morning. Although i like the peaceful env + city view a lot, i find the baywindows really excessive, making the floor space really tiny. Frankly speaking, my family is re-considering the 4BR PH (semi-d or pool facing) units at Archi now, but we would need to wait for another 3-4yrs.

Bakasa - it will be worth it only if you and your family likes it a lot :)

How much is Dakota priced these days? Must be ex. :)

Thanks for your thoughts. Pretty divided in terms of family opinion I would say, that why the decision is taking so long. Hehehehe...

bakasa2002
14-05-12, 01:13
Can you imagine living there? If you can and finances can support it, i would say go for it. If the rational reasons say buy, the final factor will be the emotional one.

I will probably keep this in mind and look at units there only TOP, cos the units i like are sold already.

Financially should be ok if continue to have a job. Timing and Psf I'm pretty uncertain cos I felt that even buying for own stay at this area, the prices seems to have peaked, and it should be stabalise or on the way down. I mean there are no other plots nearby for dev and possibly at 1100psf, it's about highest it can go? I'm comparing say vs optima which is at Tanah Merah side?

zeamybro
14-05-12, 09:59
How much is Dakota priced these days? Must be ex. :)

Thanks for your thoughts. Pretty divided in terms of family opinion I would say, that why the decision is taking so long. Hehehehe...

I was quoted $1430psf for Dakota ... view is fantastic and v quiet facing but we thought the psf is v much on a high side for a 1800sf unit. Thats why we r looking back at Archi where the psf for larger units are below 1kpsf. I know 2 v diff locations, but what matters most to us is the environment - we like both =)

Prices have gone crazy since 2009 and have been making new peaks ever since. The CMs are here to cool down the fever, but not to crash the ppty prices (why would the govt wanan do it?). The next crash would prob comes when there is a worldwide economy downturn, and thats if you believe it would be coming soon. Otherwise, what i am seeing now is only inflation and more inflation =(

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 10:32
In general, OCR near MRT or future MRT has limited downside due to inflation and shortage of resale HDB till at least 2018 ... you will be surprised how long inflation can last, it lasted for more than 10y in the 1970's for the US

Unless of course there is very serious deflation worldwide (Great Depression), with all the QEs ... this probability is not high

bakasa2002
14-05-12, 14:05
In general, OCR near MRT or future MRT has limited downside due to inflation and shortage of resale HDB till at least 2018 ... you will be surprised how long inflation can last, it lasted for more than 10y in the 1970's for the US

Unless of course there is very serious deflation worldwide (Great Depression), with all the QEs ... this probability is not high

hmm, sounds like 买得过?

carbuncle
14-05-12, 14:46
hmm, sounds like 买得过?
不好不好。。。这一带永远存在那死亡的阴影!不驱不散叻。。。

bakasa2002
14-05-12, 14:51
不好不好。。。这一带永远存在那死亡的阴影!不驱不散叻。。。
Hahahaha .... That's a good input as well. :)

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 14:56
You should be thankful that our garmen zoning bedok reservoir as residential, not hotels .. if you have been to West Lake in China or Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan, surrounded by hotels, temples mostly

If for own stay and psf reasonable mai tu liao ... later when 30k immigrants come in every year for 10y... MM will turn into capsules :eek:

http://www.shangri-la.com/assetimages/0/720x355/jpg/Shangri-la_Hotels/Shangri-La_Hotel,_Hangzhou/rooms-suites/rooms/east-wing/SLH-East-Wing-Premier-Room

carbuncle
14-05-12, 15:09
You should be thankful that our garmen zoning bedok reservoir as residential, not hotels .. if you have been to West Lake in China or Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan, surrounded by hotels, temples mostly

If for own stay and psf reasonable mai tu liao ... later when 30k immigrants come in every year for 10y... MM will turn into capsules :eek:

http://www.shangri-la.com/assetimages/0/720x355/jpg/Shangri-la_Hotels/Shangri-La_Hotel,_Hangzhou/rooms-suites/rooms/east-wing/SLH-East-Wing-Premier-Room
哎哟。。务洛蓄水池怎能与日月潭相比呢!简直是一天一地嘛!!!

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 15:11
哎哟。。务洛蓄水池怎能与日月潭相比呢!简直是一天一地嘛!!!

Without fish, small prawns also good lah .. if you can decor your home like Shangri-La hotel in West Lake (above photo), just on air-con full blast and drink HangZhou green tea at your balcony enjoying reservoir view also same mah

Frankly speaking, Westlake and Sun moon lake quite lousy liao ... the best is Kanas Lake

http://www.chinatrekking.com/UserFiles/Image/kanas-1.jpg

What matter is the mood :)

carbuncle
14-05-12, 15:17
Without fish, small prawns also good lah .. if you can decor your home like Shangri-La hotel in West Lake (above photo), just on air-con full blast and drink HangZhou green tea at your balcony enjoying reservoir view also same mah

Frankly speaking, Westlake and Sun moon lake quite lousy liao ... the best is Kanas Lake

http://www.chinatrekking.com/UserFiles/Image/kanas-1.jpg

What matter is the mood :)
说的也是啦。情调最重要。。。您蛮懂享受的喔!

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 15:37
说的也是啦。情调最重要。。。您蛮懂享受的喔!

I do not regret this life as I have trekked the great mountains of Annapurna, strolled at the beautiful Kanas lake, camped in the Ngorongoro Crater among the lions and hyenas :cool:

My ambition is to collect MM or 1br with superb views ... starting from Singapore, next one probably Bali (SC Global bought seaview lands liao in Bali), then China Yunnan region

carbuncle
14-05-12, 15:43
I do not regret this life as I have trekked the great mountains of Annapurna, strolled at the beautiful Kanas lake, camped in the Ngorongoro Crater among the lions and hyenas :cool:

My ambition is to collect MM or 1br with superb views ... starting from Singapore, next one probably Bali (SC Global bought seaview lands liao in Bali), then China Yunnan region
哪个米老鼠屋有令人赞叹的风景??

pinkpolkadot
14-05-12, 15:50
哪个米老鼠屋有令人赞叹的风景??

赞!

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 15:55
If MM does not have direct view is ok, as long as project has a sky garden or high floor clubhouse that commands the same view?? :cheers1:

Vision / Ripple Bay has seaview for everybody?? Not vested.

zeamybro
14-05-12, 17:02
If MM does not have direct view is ok, as long as project has a sky garden or high floor clubhouse that commands the same view?? :cheers1:

Vision / Ripple Bay has seaview for everybody?? Not vested.

WFG 1-bedder has reservoir view also (if thats considered a good view), lol...

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 17:38
Ok la can see tekong, ubin and sands tiny tiny view

phantom_opera
14-05-12, 21:23
This is probably one of the most realistic commercials for SG condos ... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOJ3s7Btws

hyenergix
14-05-12, 21:26

At night it can be otherwise.

bakasa2002
15-05-12, 10:08

Hahahaha ... That's a good one. :)

phantom_opera
15-05-12, 10:12

It is in your mind only ... don't fall to the dark side of the force ...

Darkness stirs and wakes imagination

the darkness of
the music of the night . . .

Every HDB has its fair share of sad story too :jason:

bakasa2002
15-05-12, 10:16

Phantom bro, I think those who seen the SF will agree that it gives the 'home' type of feeling rather than over the top kind of ID we have seen in some showflat. It can be consider quite basic but the finishing use does bring out a certain quality that the place is livable. :)

carbuncle
15-05-12, 10:48

It's realistic because it never showed one bit part of the condo. :-D

phantom_opera
15-05-12, 11:14

Finally someone gets my idea :)

It is my belief that an ideal home should be one that integrates harmoniously with the environment. What makes Archipelago so attractive is simply because it is "park into the home, home into the park" whether the Waterfront series are forever having disharmony due to the busy Bedok Reservoir Road and the PIE behind

bakasa2002
15-05-12, 12:03
Suicide is just a doorstep away? :P

phantom_opera
15-05-12, 22:25
If only I can afford the town house sigh ... this is probably the closest of nature living:

http://www.patternlanguage.com/houses/medlockext.jpg
http://www.patternlanguage.com/houses/medlocklivingroom.jpg

hyenergix
15-05-12, 22:34
R u sure? Bears, tigers, snakes and scorpions are also part of nature.

phantom_opera
15-05-12, 22:44
R u sure? Bears, tigers, snakes and scorpions are also part of nature.

Yeah, I camped in Tanzania b4 ... shiok :p

http://www.etravelphotos.com/photos/2003ea/2003ea-044-24s-w.jpg

phantom_opera
15-05-12, 23:37
Lovely country living
http://www.katarxis3.com/Gallery/details/medlocknyt.jpg
http://www.katarxis3.com/Gallery/comfort/poppykitchentable.jpg
http://www.katarxis3.com/Gallery/houses/whidbeybedrm2.jpg
http://www.katarxis3.com/Gallery/landscape/eating-patio.jpg

hyenergix
15-05-12, 23:44
Yeah, I camped in Tanzania b4 ... shiok :p

http://www.etravelphotos.com/photos/2003ea/2003ea-044-24s-w.jpg

Better dun kenna poisonous bites or fall sick there. Can b deadly.

bakasa2002
16-05-12, 10:52
phantom bro, the nature living part is good but in this heat and humid country, it can be quite a diff experience ... hehehehe

ppty
19-05-12, 10:49
Site at Tampines Ave 10, north of Bedok Reservoir, only gets three bids. We are not surprised

This site at Tampines Ave 10 only got three bids. It's in Tampines, so it should be quite popular. So why only three bids? Because it's at the worst bit of Tampines - right at the far western corner, above Bedok Reservoir and east of Tampines Quarry. Nowhere near anything. Residents get a water view though!

The winner?

The gang of three - Far East, Frasers and Sekisui. The people behind Punggol's Watertown and Hougang's Boathouse Residences. The bid?

Only $252.77m for maximum GFA of 604,931sqft. That works out to a cost price of $417.86 psf for each potential unit there.

The potential selling price?

We reckon it would come in the range of $850-$900psf.

Interestingly, the location of the site is north of Waterview.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Site+at+Tampines+Ave+10%2C+north+of+Bedok+Reservoir%2C+only+gets+three+bids.+We+are+not+surprised/

via URA. Image: Onemap.sg.

bakasa2002
19-05-12, 12:50
STill cheaper than ARchipelago ... Keep reading the avg psf is $1000 but for 3br is almost like $1100 for most pool facing units ... :(

phantom_opera
19-05-12, 12:59
How to compare? Mrt and amenities and easy access to PIE

ppty
19-05-12, 13:12
STill cheaper than ARchipelago ... Keep reading the avg psf is $1000 but for 3br is almost like $1100 for most pool facing units ... :(

u r right earlier in dec - jan the early birds paid much lower - my relative paid below $890 for a direct pool facing - so i can agree with u that now developer is not keen to sell lower but again if the new site at tampines ave 10 is at avg 950 then archipelago is still value for money

ppty
19-05-12, 13:14
TAKE-UP RATE

UOL says Archipelago, launched in December 2011, is now 66 per cent sold

phantom_opera
19-05-12, 13:16
phantom bro, the nature living part is good but in this heat and humid country, it can be quite a diff experience ... hehehehe

You know, in a wet and hot country like Singapore. The most natural way of living is raised wooden house aka Malay kampong style and plant coconut trees to block the west sun ... they should market Archipelago as the modern waterfront kampong living lol

http://www.postcolonialweb.org/singapore/arts/painters/walker/2.jpg

bakasa2002
19-05-12, 17:41
How to compare? Mrt and amenities and easy access to PIE

Valid pt. Just concern not much rm for capital appreciation cos' it's still mass mkt however near reservoir it is. FV is quite close in terms of price for quantum at 1.3 to 1.5mil. :(

bakasa2002
19-05-12, 17:42
u r right earlier in dec - jan the early birds paid much lower - my relative paid below $890 for a direct pool facing - so i can agree with u that now developer is not keen to sell lower but again if the new site at tampines ave 10 is at avg 950 then archipelago is still value for money
That's w PES?

bakasa2002
19-05-12, 17:43
TAKE-UP RATE

UOL says Archipelago, launched in December 2011, is now 66 per cent sold

Last wk, agent text me sold 383/577, so I think that figure tally say the usual might reduce discount thingy. With the eurozone brewing, any chance got more discount instead? Hahahhaha ...

zeamybro
19-05-12, 22:43
There is a new rule requiring developers to build and sell all units on residential sites within five years or face a 10 per cent stamp duty, but Archipelago is NOT under this ruling.

Heard UOL is launching a new project in town. I guess developer might possibly just close down the showflat, since they could continue to sell the remaining units slowly, even after TOP.

bakasa2002
21-05-12, 14:18
There is a new rule requiring developers to build and sell all units on residential sites within five years or face a 10 per cent stamp duty, but Archipelago is NOT under this ruling.

Heard UOL is launching a new project in town. I guess developer might possibly just close down the showflat, since they could continue to sell the remaining units slowly, even after TOP.

Wah, just 6 mths and they wanna close showflat already ah? I think the sales are picking up prior to euro crisis and I still see quite a few visitors 2 wks ago when I pop in .... Maybe they will hang on for a while more. The showflat cos' them quite a bit of $, esp for the PH and 4bdr units, so need ROI mah ... :)

zeamybro
21-05-12, 14:59
Wah, just 6 mths and they wanna close showflat already ah? I think the sales are picking up prior to euro crisis and I still see quite a few visitors 2 wks ago when I pop in .... Maybe they will hang on for a while more. The showflat cos' them quite a bit of $, esp for the PH and 4bdr units, so need ROI mah ... :)

I think this must be one of the longer lasting showflats for UOL. Their KR was snapped up within a week, so I guess the sf shld be gone soon? Waterbank@dakota was also snapped up within 2 wks or so, and I always love complaining to my friends that I didn't get the chance to visit the WB showflat for a 2nd time after I made my purchase during my 1st and only visit. It was torn down wayyyy to fast :doh:

bakasa2002
21-05-12, 16:16
I think this must be one of the longer lasting showflats for UOL. Their KR was snapped up within a week, so I guess the sf shld be gone soon? Waterbank@dakota was also snapped up within 2 wks or so, and I always love complaining to my friends that I didn't get the chance to visit the WB showflat for a 2nd time after I made my purchase during my 1st and only visit. It was torn down wayyyy to fast :doh:

I see, so you are vested in WB? I thought it was sold like 2 years ago, when Dakota was being built out or TOP?

zeamybro
21-05-12, 17:48
I see, so you are vested in WB? I thought it was sold like 2 years ago, when Dakota was being built out or TOP?

Yeah my investmemt focus was always around D15 area (alas WB turned out to be D14 instead). I m pretty much a water person ... That's why I like archipelago too

bakasa2002
22-05-12, 22:08
Yeah my investmemt focus was always around D15 area (alas WB turned out to be D14 instead). I m pretty much a water person ... That's why I like archipelago too

Sigh ... I am not certain if it's time to go in now ... Are we having another recession soon? and will prices drop? hahhahaa

hyenergix
22-05-12, 22:25
Sigh ... I am not certain if it's time to go in now ... Are we having another recession soon? and will prices drop? hahhahaa

Just buy :p

zeamybro
22-05-12, 22:57

If u r not in an urgent need of a house, esp when this project is only going to TOP in 2016, u can wait, hoping for prices to cool down.

But with so many CMs in place, acting like fingers artificially suppressing the prices, what do u think are the chances? Will u still consider buying if the price goes up say 1 or 2 yrs later?

insigina
22-05-12, 23:53

If you like the unit and location you should give it serious thought about buying. But keep in mind that you should not over leverage.

phantom_opera
23-05-12, 10:05
人生得意须尽欢
莫使金尊空对月

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Singapore-Bedok-Reservoir.jpg/800px-Singapore-Bedok-Reservoir.jpg

bakasa2002
23-05-12, 10:37
If you like the unit and location you should give it serious thought about buying. But keep in mind that you should not over leverage.

Gonna take 80% loan of I think ard 1mil, was thinking maybe can commit and see how things go when TOP, if really can't manage, then will sell HDB to get a smaller loan. The current calculation w rental fr HDB is still can manage unless the missus decide to become tai tai. :)

bakasa2002
23-05-12, 10:39
If u r not in an urgent need of a house, esp when this project is only going to TOP in 2016, u can wait, hoping for prices to cool down.

But with so many CMs in place, acting like fingers artificially suppressing the prices, what do u think are the chances? Will u still consider buying if the price goes up say 1 or 2 yrs later?

If prices fall, gahmen will just take off CM to boost sales? Will it even wk if the mkt is going thru a bad times, considering now is like historic high for OCR? I am of the view that it will stabalised for the next 3-5yrs, and at most drop 5-10% after that before climbing. Any opinions?

2015 will see market flooded w houses and prices will free fall? hehehhehe

zeamybro
23-05-12, 10:53
If prices fall, gahmen will just take off CM to boost sales? Will it even wk if the mkt is going thru a bad times, considering now is like historic high for OCR? I am of the view that it will stabalised for the next 3-5yrs, and at most drop 5-10% after that before climbing. Any opinions?

2015 will see market flooded w houses and prices will free fall? hehehhehe

bakasa - i kinda share same sentiments as you, I believe the prices is going to stabilize for the next couple of yrs, followed by a small crash (5-10%) in 2014/5, before chionging again. But some are saying prices will start to chiong towards the end of the yr...

But so far most of the predictions in the past were incorrect. Back in 2008/9, ppl were saying 2011/2012 will see many projects TOP and there will be oversupply, price will crash yada yada yada ... but prices failed to go down despite so many CMs...

Whenever i made my past investments, there are 2 key factors which i will seriously consider:
1) Affordability (i must be confident that i could sustain the loan even if there is 0 rental)
2) I must like the place (regardless for rental or flipping, i make sure it must be a house which i dont mind staying in it myself).

carbuncle
23-05-12, 11:29
人生得意须尽欢
莫使金尊空对月

诗(尸)情绵绵...

phantom_opera
23-05-12, 11:48
诗(尸)情绵绵...

lol ... 语带双关

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 17:45
lol ... 语带双关
Hahaha .. You guys are creative. I did not seen anything floating last night ... Lolx! It's is no ECP but it is indeed quite nice cos' I took a walk fr the Archipelago SF to the fishing platform just in front, I can understand what UOL/Singland is selling about all the nature and stuff.

I can imagine staying there and strolling out for a leisure walk after dinner, it's really nice and peaceful to have a rustic and quaint park just at the doorstep. The weather last night was good and there was no mosquitoes at about 8pm and definitely no floaters. :)

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 17:46
Oh, surprisingly no one in this forum bought a unit at Archipelago at all? :P

phantom_opera
24-05-12, 17:51
Hahaha .. You guys are creative. I did not seen anything floating last night ... Lolx! It's is no ECP but it is indeed quite nice cos' I took a walk fr the Archipelago SF to the fishing platform just in front, I can understand what UOL/Singland is selling about all the nature and stuff.

I can imagine staying there and strolling out for a leisure walk after dinner, it's really nice and peaceful to have a rustic and quaint park just at the doorstep. The weather last night was good and there was no mosquitoes at about 8pm and definitely no floaters. :)

did u climb up to the small hill on the left of the jetty? that is the best place for panoramic view ..

bakasa2002
24-05-12, 20:30
did u climb up to the small hill on the left of the jetty? that is the best place for panoramic view ..

I did, that's the vantage point but also the quietest area, a bit dark and scary. Maybe they should built a Mac or cafe there. Lolx! :)

nochoice
28-05-12, 12:46
Hi, am thinking of getting a 1 bedder, 600k seems not too ex... anyone has any thought on this...easy to rent out a one bedder there & at wat price?

zeamybro
28-05-12, 14:16
Hi, am thinking of getting a 1 bedder, 600k seems not too ex... anyone has any thought on this...easy to rent out a one bedder there & at wat price?

1-bedder are all road facings but given the low rise concept of the project, i imagine those sitting on the low hills could actually be very beautiful . A few considerations for rental investment:

- Amongst the 10 over condo projects surrounding the reservoir, only WFG, WFI and Archi have 1-bedders. Clearwater also has 1-bedder but is 7xxsf and much older.

- Sheng Shiong, NTUC and eateries are nearby (in fact much nearer compared with the WF series)

- Low-rise concept, appeals to those who love resort style living

However ......

- No immediate nearby centres to generate the rental demand ie. CBP has tanah merah and simei condos; CBD still quite a distance away.

- Nearby plenty of HDB flats which can pose as direct competitors

- MRT not ready until 2017? But once its up, rental should come in.

I think rental should be around $2-2.3K

phantom_opera
28-05-12, 14:21
1-bedder are all road facings but given the low rise concept of the project, i imagine those sitting on the low hills could actually be very beautiful . A few considerations for rental investment:

- Amongst the 10 over condo projects surrounding the reservoir, only WFG, WFI and Archi have 1-bedders. Clearwater also has 1-bedder but is 7xxsf and much older.

- Sheng Shiong, NTUC and eateries are nearby (in fact much nearer compared with the WF series)

- Low-rise concept, appeals to those who love resort style living

However ......

- No immediate nearby centres to generate the rental demand ie. CBP has tanah merah and simei condos; CBD still quite a distance away.

- Nearby plenty of HDB flats which can pose as direct competitors

- MRT not ready until 2017? But once its up, rental should come in.

I think rental should be around $2-2.3K

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/eastwood-regency-20589/rent/1

This should serve as a reference point for rental

bakasa2002
28-05-12, 15:19

Personally wldn't recommend getting there for rental cos' I think it will be more from temasek poly or UWCSEA crowd rather than CBP crowd. I agree w Zeamybro on this.

Anyway, I go SF last wkend to kapo again, think the 1.2-1.3 mil prices for 3bdr is out of my reach, so officially have to give it up. :(

One good news for nochoice bro, they are in the midst of converting the 5bdr SF to 1&2bdr ones, so you will get a feel of how it is when it's ready.

The proj stands at 70% sold w no more pool facing unit avail for 3bdr. :)

zeamybro
28-05-12, 15:34
Personally wldn't recommend getting there for rental cos' I think it will be more from temasek poly or UWCSEA crowd rather than CBP crowd. I agree w Zeamybro on this.

Anyway, I go SF last wkend to kapo again, think the 1.2-1.3 mil prices for 3bdr is out of my reach, so officially have to give it up. :(

One good news for nochoice bro, they are in the midst of converting the 5bdr SF to 1&2bdr ones, so you will get a feel of how it is when it's ready.

Wow bakasa .. tks for the updates, will be keen to get a feel how the 1BR and 2BR would be like ... so have they started the physical conversion for the SF when u were there?

phantom_opera
28-05-12, 15:43
the Archipelago advert in ST Saturday interviewed two buyers:

1. Professor 69y old buying 3br for retirement - guess the live by the park, park by the home sells ... the town house and 3-5br could attract good rentals from 4th university teaching staff, who knows? Such family can choose between cocky Waterfront penthouse / 4br overlooking reservoir with traffic noise or right within the park itself ...

2. 41y engineer bought 1br for future rental - mention CBP/4th university ...

Frankly speaking, whether Bedok Reservoir can command good rental depends on the commercial shops ... WAWAWA Bistro seems to be doing pretty well selling beers to angmohs during sunset ....

The town center seriously need the condo crowd .. with a DBSS, Archi and Waterfront Collection ... would they be enough biz drivers for some nice cafes there?? Unfortunately it is under opposition so unlikely to see major commercial activities by the big boys ..

People visit Wawawa Bistro to have a beer and enjoy sunset and fresh air

http://www.facebook.com/wawawabistro

zeamybro
28-05-12, 15:50

1. Professor 69y old buying 3br for retirement - guess the live by the park, park by the home sells ... the town house and 3-5br could attract good rentals from 4th university teaching staff, who knows? Such family can choose between cocky Waterfront penthouse / 4br overlooking reservoir with traffic noise or right within the park itself ...

Frankly speaking, whether Bedok Reservoir can command good rental depends on the commercial shops ... WAWAWA Bistro seems to be doing pretty well selling beers to angmohs during sunset ....

The town center seriously need the condo crowd .. with a DBSS, Archi and Waterfront Collection ... would they be enough biz drivers for some nice cafes there?? Unfortunately it is under opposition so unlikely to see major commercial activities by the big boys ..

Ya the mini town centre is kinda pathetic right now. I only go there when I need to drive my mum down to shop at NTUC/ShengShiong and to fetch the kids to the Childcare Centre there... But i believe with the in-coming condo crowds, these shops are going to see new 'live' ...

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 16:13
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/eastwood-regency-20589/rent/1

This should serve as a reference point for rental

I beg to differ on this. Eastwood has a definitive expaty vibe to it. I won't say the same for Bedok Reservoir. There is a reason why they have COLD STORAGE and quaint (read expensive) ice cream parlours there (EASTWOOD CENTRE) and not NTUC or SHENG SHIONG.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 16:30
The 1 bedders here, then would be truely what I call UNTESTED. :scared-2:

zeamybro
28-05-12, 16:33
I beg to differ on this. Eastwood has a definitive expaty vibe to it. I won't say the same for Bedok Reservoir. There is a reason why they have COLD STORAGE and quaint (read expensive) ice cream parlours there (EASTWOOD CENTRE) and not NTUC or SHENG SHIONG.

Yupes, Eastwood is pretty much a private estate env, and it has a bedok corner hawker centre (famous for the cheng tng and malay food?) + an army camp with fit soldiers (a plus point for carbuncle??? :tongue3: )

Jokes aside, i guess Phantom-bro meant to use Eastwood Regency as a reference point only since not many 1BR in OCR yet. I would believe the reservoir region shld fetch lower rentals at about $300-500 diff ...

phantom_opera
28-05-12, 16:35
The 1 bedders here, then would be truely what I call UNTESTED. :scared-2:

Hmm ... then the same applies to 1br or SOHO in Ripple Bay, Optima, Caspian, Double Bay, Watertown, Euhabitat, Hillsta, Parc Rosewood, The Hillier, The Tennery etc pretty much east west south north every corner of Singapore

Yet in Hong Kong, it is so normal

Bear in mind the expat profile today is PMETs from Pinoys, India, Burma, mainland Chinese, Indonesia ... very different from the typical angmohs

Untested yes, as long as you pay untested pricing .. :)

Not vested

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 16:48
Hmm ... then the same applies to 1br or SOHO in Ripple Bay, Optima, Caspian, Double Bay, Watertown, Euhabitat, Hillsta, Parc Rosewood, The Hillier, The Tennery etc pretty much east west south north every corner of Singapore

Yet in Hong Kong, it is so normal

Bear in mind the expat profile today is PMETs from Pinoys, India, Burma, mainland Chinese, Indonesia ... very different from the typical angmohs

Untested yes, as long as you pay untested pricing .. :)

Not vested

On all the other projects ... U said it. Not me hahah.
:tsk-tsk:

Dun wanna be humtum by the buyers...

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 16:49
Yupes, Eastwood is pretty much a private estate env, and it has a bedok corner hawker centre (famous for the cheng tng and malay food?) + an army camp with fit soldiers (a plus point for carbuncle??? :tongue3: )

Jokes aside, i guess Phantom-bro meant to use Eastwood Regency as a reference point only since not many 1BR in OCR yet. I would believe the reservoir region shld fetch lower rentals at about $300-500 diff ...

R u kidding... That camp isnt commando camp... Fit or fat lol

zeamybro
28-05-12, 16:56
R u kidding... That camp isnt commando camp... Fit or fat lol

Who knows, mabbe u have fetish for bak bak ones...

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 17:05
Who knows, mabbe u have fetish for bak bak ones...

Tried before... Nice chaps generally but always raining sweat on me leh...

nochoice
28-05-12, 20:36
Thanks for all bros valuable comments. Personally think 1 bedder ard $600k is quite good buy based on today context, wonder why there is still a few units for sale as 1 bedder normally sold out first.

zeamybro
28-05-12, 20:39
Thanks for all bros valuable comments. Personally think 1 bedder ard $600k is quite good buy based on today context, wonder why there is still a few units for sale as 1 bedder normally sold out first.

Oh, how many units left?

I guess most who bought Archipelago are for own stay ... and probably that explains why the bigger units are moving faster. Yeah 600K in my opinion is okie, with the upcoming MRT, there should be some upside.

phantom_opera
28-05-12, 21:20
Oh, how many units left?

I guess most who bought Archipelago are for own stay ... and probably that explains why the bigger units are moving faster. Yeah 600K in my opinion is okie, with the upcoming MRT, there should be some upside.

That is because MM is a quantum game, 600k you can also buy 8RS .. nearer to city with Boon Keng MRT already there ... of course 8RS is 441sqft while Archi is 530sqft ... the ABSD also is a killer (in your mind you will say shit, I paid garmen almost 6% tax b4 I can invest)

Interestingly, My Manhattan 1br is 7XXk so is Optima and DBR ... is EWL commanding so much higher premium compared to NEL and DLT3 ??

The ultimate stunner is of course Bedok Residences and Watertown ... you need to pay 100k more for a shopping mall down there :scared-3:

bakasa2002
28-05-12, 21:50
Tried before... Nice chaps generally but always raining sweat on me leh...

A lot of RT personnel at Bedok camp too. That's a guards camp, not cdo one.

CAL88
28-05-12, 21:54

What is SF??

bakasa2002
28-05-12, 21:55
That is because MM is a quantum game, 600k you can also buy 8RS .. nearer to city with Boon Keng MRT already there ... of course 8RS is 441sqft while Archi is 530sqft ... the ABSD also is a killer (in your mind you will say shit, I paid garmen almost 6% tax b4 I can invest)

Interestingly, My Manhattan 1br is 7XXk so is Optima and DBR ... is EWL commanding so much higher premium compared to NEL and DLT3 ??

The ultimate stunner is of course Bedok Residences and Watertown ... you need to pay 100k more for a shopping mall down there :scared-3:

Maybe cos EWL has easier access to changi airport and cbp, so rental generally better. Archi definitely for own stay one. Not much potential for rental IMO.

To add to the point about shops, they are indeed kind of sad at the moment if u take a walk, not sure if belvia n Archi crowd will add to the buzz. Now that it belong to ajunied Grc, I suppose we see slowly development there though the flip side is it will have a rustic feel to the place. :)

bakasa2002
28-05-12, 21:57
Wow bakasa .. tks for the updates, will be keen to get a feel how the 1BR and 2BR would be like ... so have they started the physical conversion for the SF when u were there?

Yeap, it was boarded up, so reno is going on.Was told the 15 x 5 bdr single flr is sold out so they can go ahead w Reno. :)

zeamybro
28-05-12, 22:00

Ya, if i were to buy purely for rental investment, i would get 8RS which i believe will give me a more guaranteed rental. But if its for own stay, I will take Archi.

EW line was thought to be the backbone of Sg's transport network in the past, but with more upcoming MRT lines and MRT stations planted all around the island, several of those EW stations would gradually lose their 'importance' in singaporeans' eyes...

zeamybro
28-05-12, 22:17
What is SF??

CAL88, SF = ShowFlat

nochoice
28-05-12, 23:11
Will go down the SF to take a look... If I give this a miss, the next one I'm eyeing will be condo near punggol mrt by wee hur... Hope the 1 bedder will be less than $600k.

bakasa2002
29-05-12, 00:48
Will go down the SF to take a look... If I give this a miss, the next one I'm eyeing will be condo near punggol mrt by wee hur... Hope the 1 bedder will be less than $600k.

One and two bedroom no SF yet, still reno but can take a look at environment and place. Found this official brochure u can take a look -
http://www.archipelago.sg/main.php

bakasa2002
29-05-12, 15:31

Phantom bro, I kind agree with your point, it actually need a few more wawawa cafe, maybe a mac of sorts will do the place some good, like the one in Bishan park. :)

The prob w the town centre is that it's mix of shops is rather peculiar and not really so lively, lack a good zhi char to spice things up. In fact it is a rather sleepy mini town centre as zeamybro put it, cos' i think most people around the reservoir area wld prefer to go to the tampines mall or bedok town centre for supermarket and stuff. :)

zeamybro
29-05-12, 16:23
Phantom bro, I kind agree with your point, it actually need a few more wawawa cafe, maybe a mac of sorts will do the place some good, like the one in Bishan park. :)

The prob w the town centre is that it's mix of shops is rather peculiar and not really so lively, lack a good zhi char to spice things up. In fact it is a rather sleepy mini town centre as zeamybro put it, cos' i think most people around the reservoir area wld prefer to go to the tampines mall or bedok town centre for supermarket and stuff. :)

I remember when i was in pri one or two, the foodcourt was very vibrant, and my family always have problem finding a table during weekends. A huge range of food like indian rojak, prata, bbq chicken wings, western food etc Now, the foodcourt is surviving only on a few anchor stalls ie. ChapChyePeng, ChickenRice and the BanMian.

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 16:36
There are 1 or 2 commercial shops in Waterfront Isle (unfortunately not at sky garden)... hope it offers something nice :p

bakasa2002
29-05-12, 23:58
There are 1 or 2 commercial shops in Waterfront Isle (unfortunately not at sky garden)... hope it offers something nice :p

There's shops there? Is it open to public or just condo owners? I think WFI remaining units shd be selling higher than Archi?

phantom_opera
30-05-12, 06:21
There's shops there? Is it open to public or just condo owners? I think WFI remaining units shd be selling higher than Archi?
there is a star buy #03 facing reservoir, heard about 1.2m 1152sqft

shops open to public

Komo
30-05-12, 07:01
just one 7-11 good enough:D

bakasa2002
30-05-12, 18:37
just one 7-11 good enough:D

Hahaha, I rem viewing waterview and ask about amenities nearby and guess what agent told me? There's a Caltex Star mart across the road!:scared-4:

hyenergix
30-05-12, 18:48
Hahaha, I rem viewing waterview and ask about amenities nearby and guess what agent told me? There's a Caltex Star mart across the road!:scared-4:

Just buy Archi lah :p

nochoice
30-05-12, 21:01
Went to see the 1 bedder just now... Seriously thinking of getting 1... The only drawback is all 1 bedder are facing the bedok reservoir Rd... A bit noisy... No wonder there are still some left over of 1 & 2 bedder all facing the road.... Do u guys think the road noise will affect rental?

heroes
30-05-12, 21:49
Went to see the 1 bedder just now... Seriously thinking of getting 1... The only drawback is all 1 bedder are facing the bedok reservoir Rd... A bit noisy... No wonder there are still some left over of 1 & 2 bedder all facing the road.... Do u guys think the road noise will affect rental?

If you really like reservoir view and 1br maybe waterfront gold 1+1 resale can consider. for ur tenant , noise from road will compensate with panoramic view . IMHO

bakasa2002
30-05-12, 22:26
Just buy Archi lah :p

Hahaha. LIKE! Thinking whether is worth parting w the $$$$$

bakasa2002
30-05-12, 22:29

I think all 1bdr face the road, but I think this part of reservoir will not have as much traffic compared to WF stretch, provided the unit u get is not near intersection at Bedok north rd.

Btw, 1bdr SF done up alrdy?

nochoice
30-05-12, 22:44
But waterfront gold cheapest 1 bedder ard $750k not to mention the 1+1... too ex! And I've to fork out 40% straight... Cannot afford!

zeamybro
30-05-12, 23:11
But waterfront gold cheapest 1 bedder ard $750k not to mention the 1+1... too ex! And I've to fork out 40% straight... Cannot afford!

Wow if WFG 1 bedder subsale is already $750K, doesnt it make Archi's 1 bedder @ $600K seems very affordable?

Since all 1BR are facing the main road, then the tenants would have nothing to compare as all would be equally noisy. Mabbe try to get the lower floors so that the trees could shield away some noise?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 00:20

Dont buy if is for rental. It is UNTESTED remember.

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 04:30
if it is proven, would it be sold for 600k? UOL got this land for 465psf ... do u expect any future land bid near here to be higher or below that?

no risk no gain if u can afford to pay 40% I don't see very high risk... too risk adverse won't be good in this stupid situation, look at how low the US treasury yield go nowadays:

Benchmark US Treasury yields fell 12 basis points to 1.62 per cent, the lowest in more than 60 years.

heroes
31-05-12, 09:25
If you check ura, last 2 transaction for 1+1 is 750k and 830k. May be this mid fl n high fl.

heroes
31-05-12, 09:31
If you check ura, last 2 transaction for 1+1 is 750k and 830k. May be this mid fl n high fl.
Sorry 813k not 830k. 1bedder 648k august 2011 :D

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 10:20

aiyoyo, just compare to Optima loh ... that is the potential when MRT is up:

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 690,000 484 Strata 1,425 Apr-12

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 700,000 484 Strata 1,445psf Apr-12

Forget about psf, it is a quantum game, Archi 600k efficient layout + MRT + shops almost bao jia

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 10:24

How does the size of WFG and Archi compare? Which is smaller and has a better layout? I believe WF collection all have BW?

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 10:34
aiyoyo, just compare to Optima loh ... that is the potential when MRT is up:

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 690,000 484 Strata 1,425 Apr-12

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 700,000 484 Strata 1,445psf Apr-12

Forget about psf, it is a quantum game, Archi 600k efficient layout + MRT + shops almost bao jia

bro, you really positive, shd get one unit. Optima is cos' it's one stop away from Expo and CBP I suppose, btw, I didn't really it was MM size. For Optima, it was another Bedok Residences w ppl queuing over night, by the time my agent submitted cheque, my choice unit has been gone. :(

zeamybro
31-05-12, 11:39
How does the size of WFG and Archi compare? Which is smaller and has a better layout? I believe WF collection all have BW?

Based on bro Hero's postings, we can see how much profits WFI/G first owners have enjoyed in the subsale.

WFG 1BR is 581sf compared with Archi 1BR at 527sf. It has a baywindow which makes the bedroom floorspace smaller, but it has a larger dining area.

I personally like WFI 1BR layout more.. at last the kitchen has a window ... which to me is impt :)

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 11:50
Based on bro Hero's postings, we can see how much profits WFI/G first owners have enjoyed in the subsale.

WFG 1BR is 581sf compared with Archi 1BR at 527sf. It has a baywindow which makes the bedroom floorspace smaller, but it has a larger dining area.

I personally like WFI 1BR layout more.. at last the kitchen has a window ... which to me is impt :)

WFG/WFI quantum also around 600k so Archi is considered cheap already.

The main selling point of WFG/WFI, IMO, is the bubble lift & sky garden .. it is going to be superb as you have unblocked view almost 200 degrees from East (Tekong Island) to South West (MBS) on 16th floor and the sunset / after rain view is beautiful ...

;)

Komo
31-05-12, 13:30

window to see your neighour?:D

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 14:06
WFG/WFI quantum also around 600k so Archi is considered cheap already.

The main selling point of WFG/WFI, IMO, is the bubble lift & sky garden .. it is going to be superb as you have unblocked view almost 200 degrees from East (Tekong Island) to South West (MBS) on 16th floor and the sunset / after rain view is beautiful ...

;)
Hmm, why Archi consider cheap since it is smaller in size compare to WF?

Actually, Archi is really nx to the part and possibly the only one wo view. Hahahhaa ... Aquarius, Clearwater, Baywater, WF collection, Tropica, WV all will have some units w reservoir view, so end up UOL sell you nature. :)

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 14:08
window to see your neighour?:D

Hahahah ... For ventilation is it? :P

phantom_opera
31-05-12, 14:17
Hmm, why Archi consider cheap since it is smaller in size compare to WF?

Actually, Archi is really nx to the part and possibly the only one wo view. Hahahhaa ... Aquarius, Clearwater, Baywater, WF collection, Tropica, WV all will have some units w reservoir view, so end up UOL sell you nature. :)

Not true, you walk out, 50m you will reach the top of the hill and 220 degree panoramic view .... more nature but less privacy ... WFI/WFG sky garden is to wow the girl friend for reservoir sunset / sunrise b4 bring her back to your 1br to have intimate moment, Archi is more for family, WF is more for hippies

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fd/Psych_out.jpg/250px-Psych_out.jpg

WFI/WFG 1br has bay window and HS

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 14:36
Not true, you walk out, 50m you will reach the top of the hill and 220 degree panoramic view .... more nature but less privacy ... WFI/WFG sky garden is to wow the girl friend for reservoir sunset / sunrise b4 bring her back to your 1br to have intimate moment, Archi is more for family, WF is more for hippies

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fd/Psych_out.jpg/250px-Psych_out.jpg

WFI/WFG 1br has bay window and HS

Hahahaha ... Yeap, I kind of agree on family and hippies part, can't help but feel that UOL is indeed using Archi to target the mature crowd, so maybe that's why the 1-2bd aren't particularly effective. Lolx!

Didn't get your comment on more nature less privacy, i thought Archi has more privacy as it's tuck to one side of the reservoir rd?