PDA

View Full Version : Commercial & Residential site @ Jelebu/ Petir

Pro888
30-11-11, 17:15
Sim Lian put in the highest bid of $493 mil.

Despite the gloom ahead, developers are still agressively putting in high bids, which is higher than the one in Punggol in the of psf. This plot attracted 10 bidders.

Allthepies
30-11-11, 17:55

Despite the gloom ahead, developers are still agressively putting in high bids, which is higher than the one in Punggol in the of psf. This plot attracted 10 bidders.

The developers are probably dumb, they can get it at 50% discount very soon according to certain group of people :p

moneymatters
30-11-11, 20:45

I think Sim Lian bid works out to $795 psf ppr?

Pro888
30-11-11, 20:55
The developers are probably dumb, they can get it at 50% discount very soon according to certain group of people :p

Developers dumb ???

Supply & demand. If there is no demand, developers dare to bid high high meh.

mastrix
30-11-11, 21:14
Developers not stupid lah....

Those who think that area are waste of $ to invest... then really stupid! hahaha :D

wait and see... :sleep:

mastrix
30-11-11, 21:20
SINGAPORE: The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has closed the tender for the commercial and residential site at Jelebu Road/Petir Road.

The 1.89-hectare site attracted a total of 10 bids, with the top bid of S$492.8 million coming from Sim Lian Land and Sim Lian Development.

URA said the rest of the bids for the 99-year leasehold plot ranged between S$445.2 million and S$250 million.

Located adjacent to the existing Bukit Panjang LRT station and the upcoming Bukit Panjang MRT Station, the land parcel is expected to be an attractive mixed-use development, with retail, F&B and residential uses.

The future development will also be integrated with a bus interchange, which will provide seamless access to public transportation.

URA said in order to provide more commercial facilities within Bukit Panjang Town, at least 19,903 square metre of the maximum permissible Gross Floor Area (GFA) for the development must be for commercial uses.

A decision on the award of the tender will be made after the bids have been evaluated.

Allthepies
30-11-11, 21:29
Developers dumb ???

Speak to the diehard in another thread of this forum, I'm just relaying his view here :D

Pro888
30-11-11, 21:41
Speak to the diehard in another thread of this forum, I'm just relaying his view here :D

Please relay my msg back. Hahaha.....

In short term, no doubt, it's goin to be gloomy, but once the land is gone , is gone. esp commerical mixed near mrt, in the long term view. Dun think goin to have a 3rd shopping mall like Tampines.

The next one is Yishun in Dec. :D

mastrix
30-11-11, 22:03
Please relay my msg back. Hahaha.....

In short term, no doubt, it's goin to be gloomy, but once the land is gone , is gone. esp commerical mixed near mrt, in the long term view. Dun think goin to have a 3rd shopping mall like Tampines.

The next one is Yishun in Dec. :D
I like it... once the land is gone...is gone!

You got it right here! :D

some still don't get it. hahaha are they stupid? :sleep:

nobrainer32007
30-11-11, 22:19
Please, lets have some basic courtesy here and dont anyhow call people stupid!

It will be less offensive if we can these people dumb instead :hell-hath-no-fury:

I like it... once the land is gone...is gone!

You got it right here! :D

some still don't get it. hahaha are they stupid? :sleep:

mastrix
30-11-11, 22:39

It will be less offensive if we can these people dumb instead :hell-hath-no-fury:
ok. then I prefer to call them no brainer.

Thanks! :banghead:

kane
30-11-11, 23:08
this i don't get, they ask for ah gong to relax some cooling measures and they go and bid high high for land??

so are they bearish or bullish & greedy?

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:22
this i don't get, they ask for ah gong to relax some cooling measures and they go and bid high high for land??

Too much liquidity

Its scary for govt to keep releasing land actually....once built cannot unbuilt.....policy can always unturn......

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:24

I believe dumb equally offensive leh.....

Confused or stubborn better! Hehehe

kane
30-11-11, 23:24
Too much liquidity

Its scary for govt to keep releasing land actually....once built cannot unbuilt.....policy can always unturn......
just allow for en bloc and redraw the plot ratio and usage purpose.

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:34
just allow for en bloc and redraw the plot ratio and usage purpose.
I worried overbuilt and become like those ghost buildings in china suburbs

Pro888
30-11-11, 23:37

Relax - goin forward looks gloomy
High bid - not going to see another commercial mixed development in the next 10, 20 or 30 years and the potential returns along the new mrt lines. Comparing to nex @ Serangoon.
Ah gong - you say relax, i relax. Then i m a person with no purpose. I also want my fat fat bonus leh. Wait lah.

kane
30-11-11, 23:39

No lah, our middle income group quite big. Besides heartlanders can do all their shopping in neighbourhood malls, why go orchard to squeeze with tourist.

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:49
No lah, our middle income group quite big. Besides heartlanders can do all their shopping in neighbourhood malls, why go orchard to squeeze with tourist.
Not just toking abt this land

I am toking about the crazy amt of ocr gls on the confirmed list.....

Nowadays getting more ppl buying condo for investment.....

Even for own stay, theywill either rent out their hdb or sell when their condo TOP......

Pro888
30-11-11, 23:53

Direct impact will be more on the city shopping malls. If you notice, many shops closed down this year.

Bedok point - just opened
Bedok hub - in progress
Causeway pt - Upgrading & expanding towards mrt station
Yishun hub - future
Clementi pt - just opened
Punggol - future
Jurong East - Cube & Jem in progress
Bukit Panjang- future

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:54
Alamak....sorry to mislead u guys

I dun mean to say ghost shopping malls la

I am refering to the huge bulk of oncoming gls......

Pro888
01-12-11, 00:13

Every year, govt issue at least 13k new "passport". Also must consider temp passport holders & starting family & the backlog for the past decade.

moneymatters
01-12-11, 04:14
Sim Lian raise top bid for Bukit Panjang site

A future commercial and residential site located at Jelebu/Petir Road that will be integrated with the Bukit Panjang LRT and future DTL MRT stations and an airconditioned bus interchange - attracted 10 bids at a state tender yesterday.

The top bid, from Sim Lian was for $805.26 per square foot of potential gross floor area, or 10.7 per cent higher than the second highest bid of $727.36 per square foot per plot ratio from two Keppel Land units.
The third highest bid, from a partnership between United Engineers unit UED Capital Venture and Singapore Press Holdings' Earth Holdings, was $679.65 psf ppr.

The recently launched Bedok Residences site attracted nine bidders resulting in a top bid of $841 psf ppr in September 2010 while the Punggol Central site fetched a top bid of $752 psf ppr with seven parties contesting in February 2011.

Analyst estimates that Sim Lian could be targeting an average selling price of $1,300 psf for the residential component

Pro888
01-12-11, 06:09
Sim Lian raise top bid for Bukit Panjang site

A future commercial and residential site located at Jelebu/Petir Road that will be integrated with the Bukit Panjang LRT and future DTL MRT stations and an airconditioned bus interchange - attracted 10 bids at a state tender yesterday.

The top bid, from Sim Lian was for $805.26 per square foot of potential gross floor area, or 10.7 per cent higher than the second highest bid of $727.36 per square foot per plot ratio from two Keppel Land units.
The third highest bid, from a partnership between United Engineers unit UED Capital Venture and Singapore Press Holdings' Earth Holdings, was $679.65 psf ppr.

The recently launched Bedok Residences site attracted nine bidders resulting in a top bid of $841 psf ppr in September 2010 while the Punggol Central site fetched a top bid of $752 psf ppr with seven parties contesting in February 2011.

Analyst estimates that Sim Lian could be targeting an average selling price of $1,300 psf for the residential component

BR - $1300 psf (East) :scared-1:
BPanjang - $1300psf (West) :scared-1:
Yishun - $1300 psf ??? (North) :scared-1:

Sg is so small. Price should be the same. Hahahaha..........

Those lost in this round will go and try for the next one in Yishun this month.

hyenergix
01-12-11, 06:12
Every year, govt issue at least 13k new "passport". Also must consider temp passport holders & starting family & the backlog for the past decade.

2005-2009: Government under-estimated number of houses needed.
2010-current: Investors over-estimated number of potential tenants.

Next year will be challenging for new pte condos landlords. Stories of rental psf increasing must be taken with a pinch of salt because these investors bought their golden geeses long ago at rock bottom prices in best locations.

moneymatters
01-12-11, 08:03
Guthrie, UE, SPH and now Sim Lian moving into shopping malls/integrated transport hub management to generate stable recurring income stream.

rattydrama
01-12-11, 08:09
this plot has potential. For what I can remember there is no such development in Bt Panjang - residential cum shopping. There maybe a lot of pen up demand by the HDB upgraders.

I am keen....but looking at the land psf......my hope delimishing.

devilplate
01-12-11, 08:28
this plot has potential. For what I can remember there is no such development in Bt Panjang - residential cum shopping. There maybe a lot of pen up demand by the HDB upgraders.

I am keen....but looking at the land psf......my hope delimishing.
no way its gona below 1kpsf....hehehe

tennery from 1.1kpsf to 1.4kpsf....

rattydrama
01-12-11, 08:41
no way its gona below 1kpsf....hehehe

tennery from 1.1kpsf to 1.4kpsf....

tennery location is not as good as this one ... the human traffic flow is not as convenient compare to this plot.

devilplate
01-12-11, 08:49
tennery location is not as good as this one ... the human traffic flow is not as convenient compare to this plot.
yeah so we prolly see 1300-1500psf

whahahhaha

moneymatters
01-12-11, 08:50

looks like $1300 psf is the new minimum psf benchmark for mixed development residential in OCR

rattydrama
01-12-11, 08:51
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ok lah got CCR good deal PM me...

yeah so we prolly see 1300-1500psf

whahahhaha

peterng8
01-12-11, 08:53
Developers dumb ???

Bro, this is a misunderstanding , what the other bro means is the MR B thread which he claims those are fools who buy property now and claims that price will drop more than 50% soon....go to the threads which has the highest postings(mostly his own postings ha ha) and you will know...u will either pity , forsake him or Join him :D :D :D

rattydrama
01-12-11, 08:53
looks like $1300 psf is the new minimum psf benchmark for mixed development residential in OCR

i adovcate near mrt and near shopping for sometimes. looks like developer help me to push up the psf for my current ppties ..........:p

phantom_opera
01-12-11, 08:57
really scary, if no Europe crisis, our OCR psf already in 9th heaven

peterng8
01-12-11, 08:57

Bro, another sign that Garmen cannot tahan, the gate opening soon again...and the influx will come in ...than stop it when 2016 Quite near...watch for it :D :D :D

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:00
cannot be all 10 developers are dumb.....I for one being a west cum north person can appreciate the potential. Lets put it in another way, if the market is very bullish, i think the land psf will be even much higher....you dont have sim lian but some other big brothers who will bid high high...

hopefully sim lian cannot make it and we can expect some durians to drop in 2013..LOL happy that they got the land at some point... by the way, they are the developer for the Jade at Bt Batok...

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:02
Bro, another sign that Garmen cannot tahan, the gate opening soon again...and the influx will come in ...than stop it when 2016 Quite near...watch for it :D :D :D already opened...2 weeks approval... latest I heard.

phantom_opera
01-12-11, 09:03
It is because of DTL2 mah .... a few stops from Bukit Timah prestigious schools .... 30 mins to Marina Bay via DTL ... same as Bedok .... Bukit Panjang is 10X better than CCK imo

1.2kpsf MM I buy

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:05
It is because of DTL2 mah .... a few stops from Bukit Timah prestigious schools .... 30 mins to Marina Bay via DTL ... same as Bedok .... Bukit Panjang is 10X better than CCK imo

1.2kpsf MM I buy

definitely........:cheers5: but must also consider that there are alot of old & freehold condo....

LH old condo difficult to have upside imho...

devilplate
01-12-11, 09:08
definitely........:cheers5: but must also consider that there are alot of old & freehold condo....

LH old condo difficult to have upside imho...
those cannot fight one la

who can truly claim their condo is just a lift away? hehehehehee

but hor i am not encouraging u all to hoot hor.....entry px above all ;)

masterkey
01-12-11, 09:09
BR - $1300 psf (East) :scared-1:
BPanjang - $1300psf (West) :scared-1:
Yishun - $1300 psf ??? (North) :scared-1:

Sg is so small. Price should be the same. Hahahaha..........

Those lost in this round will go and try for the next one in Yishun this month.

And Centro has reached 1400-1500. Interestingly, similarly integrated but completed development e.g compass heights are transacting below $1k.

daniel_chua_sg
01-12-11, 09:10
Is bedok or Bukit Panjang better in terms of location?
Anyone here got any units from BR?
Heard it is more than 500 units sold but will be a 100% sold out project?

Pro888
01-12-11, 09:13
Bro, this is a misunderstanding , what the other bro means is the MR B thread which he claims those are fools who buy property now and claims that price will drop more than 50% soon....go to the threads which has the highest postings(mostly his own postings ha ha) and you will know...u will either pity , forsake him or Join him :D :D :D

No worries bro. I know Mr. B and was one of the "pioneer" in that thread. I think i stop at page 6 or 7. Wow, now 400 plus.

But back to the main topic, $1300psf in the west... Hmm.....

$1300 psf in the east understandable due to Changi Business Park, Tampines Business Hub, masses from Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei, Marine Parade etc and Bedok itself.

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:17

bedok to me too crowded... BP growing....

Pro888
01-12-11, 09:17
And Centro has reached 1400-1500. Interestingly, similarly integrated but completed development e.g compass heights are transacting below $1k.

Tinkin back, during the launch at around 1000 was crazy. Now speechless. 50% increase.

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:18
No worries bro. I know Mr. B and was one of the "pioneer" in that thread. I think i stop at page 6 or 7. Wow, now 400 plus.

$1300 psf in the east understandable due to Changi Business Park, Tampines Business Hub, masses from Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei, Marine Parade etc and Bedok itself.

ppty with intergrated mall/MRt/residential will be a class of its own....
bus station maynot be necessary for me ihmo... more pollution

Montaigne
01-12-11, 09:19

I think BR underpriced.. especially now knowing that BP gonna fetch similar prices. Wanted to hoot BR, but not enough moolahs hee hee...

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:20
I think BR underpriced.. especially now knowing that BP gonna fetch similar prices. Wanted to hoot BR, but not enough moolahs hee hee...

overpriced lah.....look at durians later. :p

Montaigne
01-12-11, 09:22
overpriced lah.....look at durians later. :p

But bedok leh.. above mrt somemore.. if you compare this to kovan residences in D19, this seems a better bet.

rattydrama
01-12-11, 09:23
Tinkin back, during the launch at around 1000 was crazy. Now speechless. 50% increase.

in early 2009, tempted to buy want to see showflat but closed liao... the developer was asking 6xxk for 3 bedder... I tot it was cheap that time.
in the end got something else.

DC33_2008
01-12-11, 09:25
BR and Centro has both noise pollution from the mrt tracks.
ppty with intergrated mall/MRt/residential will be a class of its own....
bus station maynot be necessary for me ihmo... more pollution

Pro888
01-12-11, 09:26
bedok to me too crowded... BP growing....

Me 2. Always like the growing one.

Fully grown, no anticipation, no expectation, no anxiety = no show.

propertychap
01-12-11, 10:16
ON hindsight with this SIM Lian buying price of 804psf and expected launching at 1300 psf, it seems BR would be a good buy. But no more 1 and 2 bedders liao. 3 bedrooms quantum too high. maybe 3 bedders will be gone soon given the news out that Sim Lian got Bukit Panjang plot at similar price?

moneymatters
01-12-11, 10:23

the big differentiator between condos sited along EWL and DTL2 is that one is a partially above ground, noisy & aging line and the other a new,quiet & fully underground system. And more importantly the DTL2 tracks along Singapore premier educational corridor with big brand name primary, secondary school, international schools, top notch JCs and not forgetting NUS Law School. DTL2 offers superior connectivity to CCL, NSL, EWL and future Thomson line. It takes approx. 18 mins to go from Bukit Panjang to Newton. 20+ mins to Orchard.

Nman
01-12-11, 10:25
3 bdr 1320psf high floor facing south, pool view can grap. Dun know whether need to Q over the night like happen at Bedok Residences?

Montaigne
01-12-11, 12:09
ON hindsight with this SIM Lian buying price of 804psf and expected launching at 1300 psf, it seems BR would be a good buy. But no more 1 and 2 bedders liao. 3 bedrooms quantum too high. maybe 3 bedders will be gone soon given the news out that Sim Lian got Bukit Panjang plot at similar price?

That is why I suddenly feel that BR is underpriced lor..

maisonjai
01-12-11, 12:11
wah...not so long ago, ppl say Capland bishan overbidded. :scared-5:

august
01-12-11, 12:28
That is why I suddenly feel that BR is underpriced lor..

no big name architect, no iconic design, convenient location but ultimately is OCR.

capland just wanted to off load quickly ~

august
01-12-11, 12:29
double post

edited

phantom_opera
01-12-11, 12:34
Fear not Sim Lian, MM is still hot:

EASTWOOD REGENCY EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 668,888 452sqft Strata 1,480psf Nov-11

KOVAN GRANDEUR TAMPINES ROAD Apartment 1 735,000 570 Strata 1,288psf Nov-11

bargain hunter
01-12-11, 12:43
when i look at the quantum, i feel sorry for sim lian for paying more than $48m more than the next fella. hehehe :ashamed1:

mastrix
01-12-11, 13:54
what is 48M to a developer?

bargain hunter
01-12-11, 14:56
48m is a lot to sim lian if sim lian is going to do this alone without inviting other partners. :D

what is 48M to a developer?

mastrix
01-12-11, 15:20
48m is a lot to sim lian if sim lian is going to do this alone without inviting other partners. :D
Sim Lian is ok. U think the banks are not interested meh? :D

Pro888
01-12-11, 17:00
no big name architect, no iconic design, convenient location but ultimately is OCR.

capland just wanted to off load quickly ~

Capland got too many projects on hand.

Chongqing in China. Multi Billions JV with Temasek & CMA.

Offload liao can come to Yishun. Bid high high.

moneymatters
02-12-11, 14:11
Capland got too many projects on hand.

Chongqing in China. Multi Billions JV with Temasek & CMA.

Offload liao can come to Yishun. Bid high high.

True, too many high profile mega projects like Chongqing, Jurong East Gateway & more recently Bishan. Pretty highly geared with all the new mega bucks investments.

Anyway, Capland/CMA has Bukit Panjang Plaza and Far East will open soon to be Junction Ten. With Sim Lian coming into the picture Bukit Panjang is turning into a 'Golden Triangle' . Hope a new multiplex will be build at new mixed development site

Pro888
02-12-11, 21:24
True, too many high profile mega projects like Chongqing, Jurong East Gateway & more recently Bishan. Pretty highly geared with all the new mega bucks investments.

Anyway, Capland/CMA has Bukit Panjang Plaza and Far East will open soon to be Junction Ten. With Sim Lian coming into the picture Bukit Panjang is turning into a 'Golden Triangle' . Hope a new multiplex will be build at new mixed development site

Should have multiplex. Core tenant who has longer lease period and also crowd puller surrounding & along the new mrt line.

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 06:57
Will it be as hot as BR when it launched 6 month to 1 year later?

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 07:52
Mr Ong Kah Seng, director of independent property market research firm R’ST Research, told Today that residential units would be expected to fetch S$1,000 psf to S$1,200 psf, while the retail space would fetch about S$2,000 psf in the transit-integrated development that will enjoy heavy footfall.

kane
03-12-11, 08:01
they all like to set 1000psf as their magical number eh.

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 08:11
Sim Lian winning bid translates to about S$805 per sq ft per plot ratio. $1000 - $1200psf is not unreasonable. May be more when it launches.:simmering:

moneymatters
03-12-11, 08:18
Sim Lian winning bid translates to about S$805 per sq ft per plot ratio. $1000 - $1200psf is not unreasonable. May be more when it launches.:simmering:

Land cost = $805
Construction cost = $300-400?
Marketing & holding cost = $?
margin (10-15%) = $100-150?

Likely more MM/SOHO units similar to The Tennery on the way

Pro888
03-12-11, 08:38
Land cost = $805
Construction cost = $300-400?
Marketing & holding cost = $?
margin (10-15%) = $100-150?

Likely more MM/SOHO units similar to The Tennery on the way

$1000 - $1200 not possible. $805 is only the land cost.

True. Normally construction cost is around $300- $400 psf.

Dun be surprise if Sim Lian sell it at $1300 & above. Now they can sell high high without much intervention unlike the DBSS in Tampines.

devilplate
03-12-11, 08:38
Mr Ong Kah Seng, director of independent property market research firm R’ST Research, told Today that residential units would be expected to fetch S$1,000 psf to S$1,200 psf, while the retail space would fetch about S$2,000 psf in the transit-integrated development that will enjoy heavy footfall.

r they gona sell retail space?

tats gona be terrible.....rojak.....LOL

devilplate
03-12-11, 08:40
$1000 - $1200 not possible. $805 is only the land cost.

True. Normally construction cost is around $300- $400 psf.

Dun be surprise if Sim Lian sell it at $1300 & above. Now they can sell high high without much intervention unlike the DBSS in Tampines.
805 includes retail component rite which can fetch 2kpsf....so residential can afford to sell cheap cheaper cheapest?

hyenergix
03-12-11, 08:40

Basic is right. Developer will sell ard $1000psf n lose money bcoz of property crashing by 50% if developer doesnt let go. Even director of property firm agrees w him.

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 08:42
Should be. Otherwise, better buy BR if $psf for apt here at $1300psf.
805 includes retail component rite which can fetch 2kpsf....so residential can afford to sell cheap cheaper cheapest?

ikan bilis
like that... those condo estates directly next to it huat liow...

mayspring/99yr (700-800psf), the linear/999yr (800-850psf)...
mayspring mainly small units of <1k sqft

:D

devilplate
Basic is right. Developer will sell ard $1000psf n lose money bcoz of property crashing by 50% if developer doesnt let go. Even director of property firm agrees w him.

retail gfa can fetch 2kpsf ok

how come no analyst provide a breakdown......sianzzz

devilplate
03-12-11, 08:44

both projects CMI leh

been to both since MRT was announced......just CMI

ikan bilis
03-12-11, 08:45
both projects CMI leh

been to both since MRT was announced......just CMI

why arh ??.. i also never consider mayspring/linear a year ago, never viewed any units.... :doh:

devilplate
03-12-11, 08:46
why arh ??..
y not?????

go view ;)

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 08:47
Surprise to learn that more than 10 years old FH condos nearer to beauty world fetching more than $900psf for large units of 1500sqft in recent caveats.

ikan bilis
03-12-11, 08:47
give me some reasons lah... never view any units in the 2 condo estates... :D

moneymatters
03-12-11, 09:04

commercial can only take up 40% max of GFA...so residential still needs to pull its weight.

moneymatters
03-12-11, 09:19
r they gona sell retail space?

tats gona be terrible.....rojak.....LOL
seriously doubt it. Think Sim Lian is developing its 3rd engine of growth & new recurring income stream. They started with construction, then into development of condo/EC/DBSS and potentially in future into retail mall management.

It's getting very challenging for public listed property & construction firm to smoothen out quarterly earnings reporting. Even the non-construction/property listed company like SPH, Guthrie & coop like NTUC are getting actively involved in mall management. The foot fall for suburban malls/integrated transport hubs translates into stable & superior income generators.

Selling strata title retail units for a reasonably big mall is going to be a huge challenge. I would not however discount the possibility of Sim Lian selling the commercial/retail component enbloc at a later stage to some REITS.

moneymatters
03-12-11, 12:29
Surprise to learn that more than 10 years old FH condos nearer to beauty world fetching more than $900psf for large units of 1500sqft in recent caveats.
Are u refering to signature park?

DC33_2008
03-12-11, 12:34
Not so far. Nearer to courts.
Are u refering to signature park?

moneymatters
03-12-11, 15:55
Junction10 nearing completion. Visited the site. Must say, RSP Architects did a pretty impressive job transforming the facade & interior. The Tennery buyers should have little to complain about. Infact, those who bought facing the old Malayan railway line got the best units now that the noisy trains are a thing of the past.

Looking forward to revisiting when the mall is operational by mid Jan? Hopefully, the tenant mix is good.

kane
03-12-11, 16:16
seriously doubt it. Think Sim Lian is developing its 3rd engine of growth & new recurring income stream. They started with construction, then into development of condo/EC/DBSS and potentially in future into retail mall management.

It's getting very challenging for public listed property & construction firm to smoothen out quarterly earnings reporting. Even the non-construction/property listed company like SPH, Guthrie & coop like NTUC are getting actively involved in mall management. The foot fall for suburban malls/integrated transport hubs translates into stable & superior income generators.

Selling strata title retail units for a reasonably big mall is going to be a huge challenge. I would not however discount the possibility of Sim Lian selling the commercial/retail component enbloc at a later stage to some REITS.

That's why SPH paid (some say overpaid) for Clementi mall. i think it was to to smoothen their earnings from real estate.