PDA

View Full Version : Sherwood Towers

graveyard
26-11-11, 16:47
Ppl, what do you think of this 30yrs old condo? its on top of bukit timah plaza and is near Beauty World mrt. My impression is big space but old but the psf is quite low ($8xx) considering its prime location.

mcmlxxvi
26-11-11, 17:05
Is it the one with the faeces shit in water tank case many many many years back?

graveyard
26-11-11, 17:10
Is it the one with the faeces shit in water tank case many many many years back?

WHAT? seriouss? at least its not some dead body if dats any consolation
Not too sure. its together with bt timah plaza overlooking the highway i think

My fren is looking around for affordable condo but he wants it big and i told him probaby he wants to aim for old condo which is more spacious. i m just keeping a lookout for him. i saw ad selling 688K for studio 800+ sqf which work out to be 800+ psf

mcmlxxvi
26-11-11, 17:15
Not kidding. Try google "sherwood condominium water contamination"

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 17:29
sewerage piping running above water tank,...
and also heard something like this one and hongheng both got some building structure problem before?, cannot confirm...

better check with older generation first....

graveyard
26-11-11, 17:30
Not kidding. Try google "sherwood condominium water contamination"

yucks, i searched and saw some articles on it thg it wasnt mentioned faeces were involved. Thanks for the note. otherwise, this looks quite attractive with close proximity to mrt, shopping downstairs and good food nearby. any idea whether dat pro is fixed. i researched online and saw comments saying the facilities were renovated and revamped.. not sure the timeline though

graveyard
26-11-11, 17:43
sewerage piping running above water tank,...
and also heard something like this one and hongheng both got some building structure problem before?, cannot confirm...

better check with older generation first....

Thanks. Seems problematic. i wonder if dats why ppl are letting go the unit at low psf in such prime area

dmonddd
26-11-11, 18:04
is this an en bloc potential? LH99

the other highoak also LH99 looks nicer

graveyard
26-11-11, 18:10
is this an en bloc potential? LH99

the other highoak also LH99 looks nicer

according to agents/sellers pusshing this out, it is. no prize as to why so!
but online comments read its supposed to en bloc in 2007 but no go. anyway i wont be surprised if its up for enblock. the location is prime and both beauty world and bt timah plaza are ancient.

where is high oak? i am also looking at kismis view (rented there before, beautiful quiet surroundings with loads of greenery) but all priced >1mil as the units are huge (>1000 sqf)

dmonddd
26-11-11, 18:27
according to agents/sellers pusshing this out, it is. no prize as to why so!
but online comments read its supposed to en bloc in 2007 but no go. anyway i wont be surprised if its up for enblock. the location is prime and both beauty world and bt timah plaza are ancient.

where is high oak? i am also looking at kismis view (rented there before, beautiful quiet surroundings with loads of greenery) but all priced >1mil as the units are huge (>1000 sqf)
next to canadian school who is moving
good time to buy as noise pollution.can bargain

graveyard
26-11-11, 18:34
next to canadian school who is moving
good time to buy as noise pollution.can bargain

its at kismis ave behind the cc? then its near kismis view as well. i wld imagine these estates will rise in value with the clementi mrt revamp and new mrt like beautyworld and holland v. and these are big units - impossible to find in new condo without smashing ur wallet

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 18:49
with some ikan bilis budget only, me took a look at sherwood in 2009/2010, but never physically visited any units. The bigger 14xxsqft units were 500-600psf at that time... photos on propertyguru all showing run down condo for both interior and exterior...

if you have some bigger budget, may be can consider The Linear, TOP2006, Near future BTL MRT, 999yr, but could be noisy hor...

:rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
26-11-11, 18:55
Thanks. Seems problematic. i wonder if dats why ppl are letting go the unit at low psf in such prime area
It was way way way back. I am sure been rectified!

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 19:00
water contamination was about 10yr ago, that 1 easy to fix, just rerun piping,
building structure problem (if true) was about 20+yr ago, after new world hotel collapsed, they fixed few buildings from same contractor/developer, that's what i heard, don't know how true...

anyway, this 1 99yr lease and already 30+yr old liow...

:scared-4:

peterng8
26-11-11, 19:01
would rather buy a HDB unit if eligible with this KIND of PRICE unless has a chance for Enbloc if not forget about it...>30 yrs old, may qns crossed my mind - bank loan? buyers profiles if resell? upside chances at current prices? building looks like I am looking at some old building in JB...

graveyard
26-11-11, 20:19
would rather buy a HDB unit if eligible with this KIND of PRICE unless has a chance for Enbloc if not forget about it...>30 yrs old, may qns crossed my mind - bank loan? buyers profiles if resell? upside chances at current prices? building looks like I am looking at some old building in JB...

yess. maybe getting bank loan is a uphill task. not sure if the bank is willing to give the loan on this. 60 years left on the lease. the builiding looks rundown too. And there are some comments its rather noisy as its near highway

graveyard
26-11-11, 20:26
with some ikan bilis budget only, me took a look at sherwood in 2009/2010, but never physically visited any units. The bigger 14xxsqft units were 500-600psf at that time... photos on propertyguru all showing run down condo for both interior and exterior...

if you have some bigger budget, may be can consider The Linear, TOP2006, Near future BTL MRT, 999yr, but could be noisy hor...

Tks ikan bilis. u go well with nasi lemak lol
did u view nearby condo like highoak, kismis view, kismis lodge. i think all at the back of bukit timah cc. the pro is my fren's budget is ikan bilis too. on his budget, probably he can just get a MM

devilplate
26-11-11, 20:46
yess. maybe getting bank loan is a uphill task. not sure if the bank is willing to give the loan on this. 60 years left on the lease. the builiding looks rundown too. And there are some comments its rather noisy as its near highway
From wat i heard, once ppty left below 60yrs....usable cpf amt starts to decrease according wif buyer age....

Left below 40yrs, good game liao....cannot take bank loan rite?

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 20:50
Tks ikan bilis. u go well with nasi lemak lol
did u view nearby condo like highoak, kismis view, kismis lodge. i think all at the back of bukit timah cc. the pro is my fren's budget is ikan bilis too. on his budget, probably he can just get a MM

sorry, different approach....

- i did not look at BTL/Bt Panjang mrt line much as it is only ready in 2015...
- my preference is have to be near mrt as i might not want to stay in the condo. aslo prefer large space over FH.
- i was looking at JE parc vista in end 2009, price shot up by 100K by end 2010
- so i keep moving north by mrt stations until i reach D23 choa chu kang, where birds don't lay eggs. Luckily did not miss the boat again else ended up in woodlands or Sembawang
- i did not get the warran, but i think that 1 is good also.
- i was only looking more at NS mrt line along JE to Woodlands...

anyway, may be you can look at hezel, hillview park, the linear, mayspring if need to be along BTL line... these are good condo but need higher budget of 800-1.xmil

:D

the other condos for very limited budget is here... completed project for <700K (last time)...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11777

graveyard
26-11-11, 21:00
sorry, different approach....

- i did not look at BTL/Bt Panjang mrt line much as it is only ready in 2015...
- my preference is have to be near mrt as i might not want to stay in the condo. aslo prefer large space over FH.
- i was looking at JE parc vista in end 2009, price shot up by 100K by end 2010
- so i keep moving north by mrt stations until i reach D23 choa chu kang, where birds don't lay eggs. Luckily did not miss the boat again else ended up in woodlands or Sembawang
- i did not get the warran, but i think that 1 is good also.
- i was only looking more at NS mrt line along JE to Woodlands...

anyway, may be you can look at hezel, hillview park, the linear, mayspring if need to be along BTL line... these are good condo but need higher budget of 800-1.xmil

the other condos for very limited budget is here... completed project for <700K (last time)...
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11777

wads warran? so u got one at CCK. congrats!! its near mrt? haa why is wdl or sembawang not good? too near jb?

hmm. i clicked the link . MELVILLE PARK is the pink condo near simei rite. huge estate. my fren used to stay there and he said many many india indians:cheers5:

graveyard
26-11-11, 21:02
wads warran? so u got one at CCK. congrats!! its near mrt? haa why is wdl or sembawang not good? too near jb?

hmm. i clicked the link . MELVILLE PARK is the pink condo near simei rite. huge estate. my fren used to stay there and he said many many india indians:cheers5:

but the psf is really reasonable ..like 800 psf at this time! i dont think my fren mind east, i posted here because i was asking abt sherwood tower, not because hes looking for a place in the west

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 21:19
you have to list down the requirement of your friend before that kaypoh devil-agent (that devil guy who is damn free around, and very expert) could come in and help you, like....
- budget
- size? studio, 1-2 bdrm?
- age of property
- near mrt?
- location?
- 99yr, FH?
- and others like school and etc...

there are some low quantum but very old condos around lakeside, may be can search for e.g. lakepoint condo, yuan ching apts. But all these are also very run down and no mrt nearby.

northvale at cck has quite some small units of 700ft at ~600-650K but they do not appear on market often...

graveyard
26-11-11, 21:30
you have to list down the requirement of your friend before that kaypoh devil-agent (that devil guy who is damn free around, and very expert) could come in and help you, like....
- budget
- size? studio, 1-2 bdrm?
- age of property
- near mrt?
- location?
- 99yr, FH?
- and others like school and etc...

there are some low quantum but very old condos around lakeside, may be can search for e.g. lakepoint condo, yuan ching apts. But all these are also very run down and no mrt nearby.

northvale at cck has quite some small units of 700ft at ~600-650K but they do not appear on market often...

oh so yours is northvale. haa awesome location. near mrt. i did a search on propertyguru and all range 800K above. no 700sqf. guess no sellers

yes yes, thanks for the checklist. well hes just exploring the market and not even know how serious is he. as hes not local, i am just helping him to navigate ard. sure i will ask him to pass me those details if hes really keen.

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 21:36
mine is not northvale... can only tell you me bought around 600psf a year ago... a year ago 800k get you a 3-4 bdr, now only 2bdr... :scared-4:

BTW, since your friend is a guy and if single without family, then ask him to stay at geylang lah...

- RCR
- MRT station everywhere
- FH at <800psf can get everywhere
- lots of nice food and cute mei mei also...

may be you can go check with that Geylang OhKuiTau in this forum... ;)

and you should be checking pricing here.... not propertyguru...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

graveyard
26-11-11, 22:08
mine is not northvale... can only tell you me bought around 600psf a year ago... a year ago 800k get you a 3-4 bdr, now only 2bdr... :scared-4:

BTW, since your friend is a guy and if single without family, then ask him to stay at geylang lah...

- RCR
- MRT station everywhere

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/TransactionController.jpf

yeahhh. missed the boat!!!! 6xx psf! ..dats really cheappp! good deal!!

haa, hes getting married. i will still mention that to him. full disclosure!! its up to him whether he wants the area.

to be honest, i think geylang is a great plc. good cheap food and ermm candyeye. location is prime too. i dont mind staying there ..well specific lorong

cool! thanks for sharing. does this url site shows u all lodged with caveats? i chk one project that is supposed to be fully sold (total 600+ units) but i managed to retreive only 200 records, my project is showing 20% takeup!!! :scared-5:

ikan bilis
26-11-11, 22:23
need to wait,... some delay of 3-4wks after option-to-purchase exercised, before caveat data get recorded. for new condo bought from developer will be slightly longer...

if your project is ec, those with deferred payment scheme will not have caveat data until top...

and may be those purchase new condos from developer with full cash, or those fund managers bought whole block of condo, will not need to lodge caveat...

ask that devil, he knows better...

devilplate
26-11-11, 22:29
need to wait,... some delay of 3-4wks after option-to-purchase exercised, before caveat data get recorded. for new condo bought from developer will be slightly longer...

if your project is ec, those with deferred payment scheme will not have caveat data until top...

and may be those purchase new condos from developer with full cash, or those fund managers bought whole block of condo, will not need to lodge caveat...

ask that devil, he knows better...

Wah....i shd set up askdevil.com and charge fees ?lol

Can get u as my marketing mgr....whahaha

graveyard
26-11-11, 22:42
Wah....i shd set up askdevil.com and charge fees ?lol

Can get u as my marketing mgr....whahaha

thanks ikanbilis!!! ur explanation is gd enuff, not gg to hell to see :hell-hath-no-fury:

haa. u are devil advocate for devilplate

irisng
27-11-11, 10:38

- RCR
- MRT station everywhere

Now, new project no more <800psf already.

devilplate
27-11-11, 11:01
Now, new project no more <800psf already.
They r toking abt older resale

Geylang still can find 7xxpsf....cheap anot vy subjective

mcmlxxvi
27-11-11, 11:04

Ya. Those project names ending with MANSIONS or LODGE or APARTMENTS usually lol

graveyard
27-11-11, 15:14

i still think geylang is an uncut diamond. if in future govt move the chickens and the coop away or put a fence to restrict their movements, the diamond will shineee!

rattydrama
27-11-11, 15:20
I think Sherwood Towers is not a bad place. The shopping center is not haunted. It has less traffic but enough to keep small businesses going.

I have been to the condo may years ago. swimming pool is decent. dwelling units are big.

Its near future MRT and good school and its quite windy with unblock view. But I think it would be quite noisy.

good chance for en bloc but will the gov allow it as this plot is smack right in the middle of the road?

graveyard
27-11-11, 16:03
I think Sherwood Towers is not a bad place. The shopping center is not haunted. It has less traffic but enough to keep small businesses going.

I have been to the condo may years ago. swimming pool is decent. dwelling units are big.

Its near future MRT and good school and its quite windy with unblock view. But I think it would be quite noisy.

good chance for en bloc but will the gov allow it as this plot is smack right in the middle of the road?

haa. is the mall haunted??? yea dat was my first impression of this too. maybe in future the govt wans more highway or build a new condo or other projects in conjunction of the new beautyworld mrt (like whats happening to bedok now) .. a good chance to enbloc

rattydrama
27-11-11, 16:17
haa. is the mall haunted??? yea dat was my first impression of this too. maybe in future the govt wans more highway or build a new condo or other projects in conjunction of the new beautyworld mrt (like whats happening to bedok now) .. a good chance to enbloc

no the mall is not haunted.... intergrated mall? wow that wud be nice...:-) developer will be very keen after the success of Bedok Residences.

I think more to come...and price should be high, higher & highest....

graveyard
27-11-11, 16:49
no the mall is not haunted.... intergrated mall? wow that wud be nice...:-) developer will be very keen after the success of Bedok Residences.

I think more to come...and price should be high, higher & highest....

yes yes. bt gotta fight with clementi mall. so hurry up and fish for a deal at sherwood tower!

rattydrama
27-11-11, 16:53
yes yes. bt gotta fight with clementi mall. so hurry up and fish for a deal at sherwood tower!

clementi is abv ground and this is underground. surely this is better. and lots of private ppties here surely the mall will attract diff.crowd.

but the highway noise is a NO NO for me.

my colleague got it ard 8xxk for 3 bedder in 2010.

graveyard
27-11-11, 17:01
clementi is abv ground and this is underground. surely this is better. and lots of private ppties here surely the mall will attract diff.crowd.

but the highway noise is a NO NO for me.

my colleague got it ard 8xxk for 3 bedder in 2010.

attracts flood leh. haa

highway noise? cant soundproof the window?? when u were at pool or anywhere on the tower outside the unit, did u hear the highway nose?

devilplate
27-11-11, 17:35
i still think geylang is an uncut diamond. if in future govt move the chickens and the coop away or put a fence to restrict their movements, the diamond will shineee!
May not live to see it happen

Anyway mm over there oredi hit 12xxpsf....and doesnt help to pull up those 7xxpsf older apts....

graveyard
27-11-11, 18:21

Anyway mm over there oredi hit 12xxpsf....and doesnt help to pull up those 7xxpsf older apts....

Nice. freehold rite? if the area is indeed an uncut diamond, those who has freehold there will have a piece of the diamond

devilplate
27-11-11, 18:32
Nice. freehold rite? if the area is indeed an uncut diamond, those who has freehold there will have a piece of the diamond
Diamond no resale value hor...Nid to find appreciative buyer

Pick up gold better

irisng
27-11-11, 18:54

Just happen to read the news from PropertyGuru.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/property-management-news/2011/11/31724/Is%20Geylang%20a%20good%20place%20to%20invest??utm_source=emailer-italerts&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=news-daily

rattydrama
27-11-11, 20:04
attracts flood leh. haa

highway noise? cant soundproof the window?? when u were at pool or anywhere on the tower outside the unit, did u hear the highway nose?

yes possibly shield off some noise but if you gonna close the window all the while it is quite miserable.

tat time was too young to notice anything....as what i can remembered,
swimming pool shd have less noise..but tat time highway wasnt up yet.

rattydrama
27-11-11, 20:08

lol now cannot buy anything.

graveyard
27-11-11, 21:08
Diamond no resale value hor...Nid to find appreciative buyer

Pick up gold better

haa true. saw the link posted by rattydrama? :cheers1:

graveyard
27-11-11, 21:10
Just happen to read the news from PropertyGuru.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/property-management-news/2011/11/31724/Is%20Geylang%20a%20good%20place%20to%20invest??utm_source=emailer-italerts&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=news-daily

So tempted? no ..i dont mean the girls

graveyard
27-11-11, 21:13
yes possibly shield off some noise but if you gonna close the window all the while it is quite miserable.

tat time was too young to notice anything....as what i can remembered,
swimming pool shd have less noise..but tat time highway wasnt up yet.

Agree. All cooped up is no good, wasted the unblocked view, windy

devilplate
27-11-11, 21:38
haa true. saw the link posted by rattydrama? :cheers1:
Simi link? Can show to me.....? Kamsia

graveyard
27-11-11, 21:39
Simi link? Can show to me.....? Kamsia

eh this one lo

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/pr...ign=news-daily

devilplate
27-11-11, 21:51
eh this one lo

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/pr...ign=news-daily

Y show me one cute little baby face.....lol

graveyard
27-11-11, 21:53
Y show me one cute little baby face.....lol

in line with the cute baby faces in geylang ma

irisng
28-11-11, 07:24
in line with the cute baby faces in geylang ma

The baby eyes make me recall of a "Baby Ghost" show. Couldn't remember the name of the show.

mcmlxxvi
28-11-11, 11:04
The baby eyes make me recall of a "Baby Ghost" show. Couldn't remember the name of the show.
Chucky's bride?

graveyard
28-11-11, 23:02

ju on la loll

irisng
29-11-11, 07:02
Chucky's bride?

Oh! yes.:ashamed1:

irisng
29-11-11, 07:03
ju on la loll

Sorry, what does that mean?

graveyard
29-11-11, 12:18
Sorry, what does that mean?