PDA

View Full Version : The Nautical (D27, 99 years LH, MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

mantrix
14-12-10, 12:04
Any one knows when it will be launching soon? Think they are setting up the showflat...heard it's by MCL land.

Location is quite good - near to SSC, MRT, and the park...:2cents:

patricia
14-12-10, 12:17
Any one knows when it will be launching soon? Think they are setting up the showflat...heard it's by MCL land.

Location is quite good - near to SSC, MRT, and the park...:2cents:Near to MRT track OR near to MRT station??

OLY99
14-12-10, 12:20
Near to MRT track OR near to MRT station??

10 to 15 mins walk to mrt. saw the signboard....is resort style. i looking forward to this too.

zzz1
14-12-10, 12:20
Near to MRT track OR near to MRT station??

is near D'bayan ....not along the MRT track..properly 3 bus stop away from Sembawang MRT,,

OLY99
14-12-10, 12:21

heard is apr11.

devon_wh
14-12-10, 12:56
It's from MCC Land, the same developer for the Canopy EC.:cheers6:

kingkong1984
14-12-10, 18:28
Ulu location, expansive pricing. Good luck.

rattydrama
14-12-10, 19:42
MCC land ... its near SSC but not quite near MRT... better sale than canopy.....I think it will depend on the price but its a fairly good location so long as its not facing HDB and the main road, it should be fine. Mainly own stay and upgrader will buy. For investment, better go Sun Plaza.

Komo
14-12-10, 20:27
I still think there is a chance thomson line may come somewhere near here

mcmlxxvi
14-12-10, 21:12
Where's this place.... In Singapore???

Jokes aside, would be hell if hit 1000psf.

mantrix
14-12-10, 21:19
MCC land ... its near SSC but not quite near MRT... better sale than canopy.....I think it will depend on the price but its a fairly good location so long as its not facing HDB and the main road, it should be fine. Mainly own stay and upgrader will buy. For investment, better go Sun Plaza.

Ratty - it is not facing hdb and close to the much trendier SSC. For suinplaza - r u kidding me?? No one would touch that, seriously.

rattydrama
14-12-10, 22:45
Ratty - it is not facing hdb and close to the much trendier SSC. For suinplaza - r u kidding me?? No one would touch that, seriously.

depending on the design and facing. If its facing the junction could see the HDB flat opposite. Sun plaza I tot quite convenient and with the kind of price tag we talking about. But no one selling now. The draw back is the bus interchange noise.

kingkong1984
15-12-10, 07:31
This one was very cheap a year or two ago. Best reason to the sellers there. Buy only if u dun mind the mrt sound. A fine example of being too close to mrt. The bus interchange is a real issue there.

mantrix
15-12-10, 08:24
I still think there is a chance thomson line may come somewhere near here

i can tell you chances are very very slim...

ay123
15-12-10, 08:29
Where's this place.... In Singapore???

Jokes aside, would be hell if hit 1000psf.

MCC said around $700psf plus..... if at this price should be quite good buy

mantrix
15-12-10, 08:43
MCC said around $700psf plus..... if at this price should be quite good buy

i will buy for sure around this price...apart from being slightly ulu it's surrounded by amenities and walking distance to MRT.

But 700+psf is really really tough...

ay123
15-12-10, 08:51
i will buy for sure around this price...apart from being slightly ulu it's surrounded by amenities and walking distance to MRT.

read below article......

China's MCC Land leads bids for Sembawang site

Jun 09, 2010 -

window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({ appId: '119882084714527', status: true, cookie: true, xfbml: true }); };
MCC Land, a unit of Chinese state-owned enterprise Metallurgical Corporation of China (MCC Group), has emerged as the top bidder for a residential plot at the corner of Sembawang Road and Canberra Drive.
The company beat six others with its top bid of $131.7 million, or $387 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), the Housing and Development Board said yesterday.
MCC Land managing director Tan Zhiyong told BT that his firm intends to build a condominium with about 300 units on the plot. The break-even price is estimated to be around $600 psf and apartments could eventually sell for $700-$800 psf, Mr Tan added. The project will be launched in the first quarter of next year.
MCC Land's bid is higher than the $280-$310psf ppr which analysts predicted the 99-year leasehold plot will fetch when it was launched in April. In fact, four of the seven bids came in ahead of the expected range.
'While the top tender bid of $131.7 million, or $387 psf ppr, from MCC Land is not exorbitantly high, it is still on the bullish side considering the potential influx of home supply as a result of the ramp up in the government land sales programme for the second half of 2010,' said Tay Huey Ying, Colliers International's director for research and advisory. The Ministry of National Development in May said that it will offer 27 residential sites - on which a total of 13,905 units can be built - for sale in the second half of this year.
The top few bids are 'bullish', echoed Li Hiaw Ho, executive director of CBRE Research.
Mr Li said that units in the new project could sell for around $700 psf. CBRE's data shows that in March and April this year, units in the nearby The Estuary went for between $660 psf and $800 psf. And in the resale market, units in Northwood (a freehold low-rise condominium) were sold at between $680 psf and $730 psf from January to April this year.
If the site is awarded to MCC Land, it will mark the group's second residential project in Singapore. It won an executive condominium site at Yishun Avenue 11 with a top bid of $127.8 million in a government land tender in March.
The company's top bid for this new site was 7 per cent higher than the second highest bid of $122.6 million ($360 psf ppr) from SP Setia Bhd of Malaysia. MCC Land's offer was also a whopping 55 per cent higher than the lowest bid of $85 million ($250 psf ppr) from Frasers Centrepoint.
Parent company MCC Group is a Fortune 500 company listed in both Shanghai and Hong Kong. Its business interests span engineering, construction, mining, paper-making, equipment fabrication and property development.

Source: The Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Reprinted with permission.

gunner
15-12-10, 17:03

walking distance to mrt???? u try walking yourself before? think u need 15min walk. and better pray no hot sun or rain! cos lots of unsheltered road for u to walk!

u look at the expected selling price when the land 1st launched. MCL overbid i think. will sell as bad as canopy... u can see from canopy that distance from mrt makes alot of difference in terms of interest even though it is cheap...

aceivan
15-12-10, 23:00
I m pretty sure that is around 15mins walk. I used to stay at the small boutique condo just behind the site. After 9am, the walk to mrt can be quite sweaty... :scared-3:

Not to mention rain, you either ended up with wet wet pants or taking a cab.

The new shopping centre to me is not attractive. Went there once and that's it for me. Ended up going to sun plaza.

Unless you have car, I suggest you think twice... :)

rattydrama
15-12-10, 23:18
agree that it is not near MRT. But this is a private house enclave, SSC nearby and other shops + one old coffee shop near by.. should sell better than canopy at around 700psf.....

aceivan
16-12-10, 07:44
In terms of location, better than canopy.
For investment, think twice.
For own stay, worth considering if price, facility are good.

ay123
16-12-10, 08:29
if at $700psf should be good buy. nearby EC (between yishun/sembawang mrt) already transacted at $650psf. those are not even walking distance to mrt.

mantrix
16-12-10, 09:16
if at $700psf should be good buy. nearby EC (between yishun/sembawang mrt) already transacted at $650psf. those are not even walking distance to mrt.

i believe prices will start at 700+psf for those with big PESes (ground units or PHs).

For smaller units, say 900sf 2 bedders, my guess would be 850psf to 900psf (and this is conservative)

Let's see how it turns out :cheers1:

devilplate
16-12-10, 09:22
wah 900psf damn high for this area with no selling points....:scared-1:

rattydrama
16-12-10, 19:43
wah 900psf damn high for this area with no selling points....:scared-1:
got selling point lah, but may not be 900psf. seems lakefront 10xxpsf median price looks reasonable.

Lao Hu
16-12-10, 19:57
Resident can walk 3mins to SSC and then take free shuttle bus to Sembawang and Yishun MRT during SSC operating hours. :doh:

rattydrama
16-12-10, 21:42
yes only operating hours.

azeoprop
16-12-10, 21:49
For drivers, thousands of traffic lights before you reach an expressway...:doh:

Good for those who work in the north though. :p

mantrix
17-12-10, 06:45
For drivers, thousands of traffic lights before you reach an expressway...:doh:

Good for those who work in the north though. :p

To get to SLE using woodlands ave 12 only need to pass through 4 traffic lights

aceivan
17-12-10, 13:19

Wait till you kana the jam on either side of the SLE to BKE or CTE. You can get struck for 30mins and u r still at ave 12.

mcmlxxvi
17-12-10, 15:59
1 word - ulu. Avoid like the plaque.

kingkong1984
18-12-10, 18:16
Good points, these are for people who drives. No one mention a new mrt station in between yishun and admiralty? These low rise would appeal to some landed folks staying around there.

mantrix
18-12-10, 19:16
Wait till you kana the jam on either side of the SLE to BKE or CTE. You can get struck for 30mins and u r still at ave 12.

True - hence the MRT :)

Anyway I know the north well so I still find this project appealing. If 700psf confirm snapped up considering the Canopy selling around same price but in much more ulul location...:tsk-tsk:

wesing
18-12-10, 20:51

Even when I turn into Ave 12 from Ave 5, it still takes me at least 15 minutes to hit SLE/CTE on weekdays after 7:30 am. When kena accident along SLE/CTE or Ave 12, mati ah:doh: :doh:

wesing
18-12-10, 20:53
Also jam on SLE/BKE exit starting from Ave 2 every morning:doh: But the good news is that the SLE exit onto BKE is currently undergoing widening.

aceivan
18-12-10, 21:13
We will see how the developer price it. It will depend on market sentiment then.

I know the MRT station at Yishun is NS12 and Sembawang is NS14. If there is another new mrt station, NS13 and is right behind this project.

That is 1 gd selling point.

azeoprop
18-12-10, 21:56
I think the new mrt station will be somewhere near yishun emerald and sapphire condos. The giant piece of empty land opposite is supposed to be Simpang new town.

azeoprop
18-12-10, 22:00
We will see how the developer price it. It will depend on market sentiment then.

I know the MRT station at Yishun is NS12 and Sembawang is NS14. If there is another new mrt station, NS13 and is right behind this project.

Then again, they might have skipped the number 13 due to superstition. :beats-me-man:

devilplate
18-12-10, 23:06
Then again, they might have skipped the number 13 due to superstition. :beats-me-man:

asia countries, 13 they dun skip one...hehe...so far not tat i heard of in SG

devilplate
18-12-10, 23:07

wah, tat mrt line when announce ar? within 3yrs?

ERL gona announced first or thomson?

ay123
19-12-10, 22:49
Drove pass the site saw agent set up tentage by road side distributing flyer. Going to launch at jan11. At ridicular price of 800 plus to 950psf!!! Remem er mcc said to launch at 700 plus psf when bought land now become 200psf more look like they really sharpening their knife for big carrot

rattydrama
19-12-10, 23:17
that is rather high. what is the actual size? Interesting how will the sales be. Anyway, if really can sell at this price, I think those will bought property in the last 2 years from now will be very happy.

mantrix
20-12-10, 07:37
Drove pass the site saw agent set up tentage by road side distributing flyer. Going to launch at jan11. At ridicular price of 800 plus to 950psf!!! Remem er mcc said to launch at 700 plus psf when bought land now become 200psf more look like they really sharpening their knife for big carrot

Hmm too high for me to buy then - rental yield may be ok but cap appreciation needs to wait...

Unless for own stay - I think the convenience is there.

But better to buy D Banyan or Sensoria at 600+psf (if any) and wait for the launch to help boost prices.

Ps: if prices hit past 900psf, sembawang will never be the same again...

kingkong1984
20-12-10, 07:42
Far east plot nearby should hit

ay123
20-12-10, 08:50
Hmm too high for me to buy then - rental yield may be ok but cap appreciation needs to wait...

But better to buy D Banyan or Sensoria at 600+psf (if any) and wait for the launch to help boost prices.

if they really dare to launch at 900psf, hope they will be drag down by this project. they are too greedy. potentially they are looking at at least 400psf profit :doh: they tot can follow lakefront to launch high high and breakeven with 50% sold. is really too crazy for such price. 1) so far noth 2) walking distance but not near 3) seletaris/sensoria is only selling 600 plus psf just cannot find any reason to justify such price. if it sell well at 900psf MBT sure take action again

aceivan
20-12-10, 22:08

Both r apartment status. In terms of facility, condo has more. :)

mantrix
21-12-10, 08:55
if they really dare to launch at 900psf, hope they will be drag down by this project. they are too greedy. potentially they are looking at at least 400psf profit :doh: they tot can follow lakefront to launch high high and breakeven with 50% sold. is really too crazy for such price. 1) so far noth 2) walking distance but not near 3) seletaris/sensoria is only selling 600 plus psf just cannot find any reason to justify such price. if it sell well at 900psf MBT sure take action again

hmmm sensoria's latest caveats broke 700psf already...

1 Jalan Ulu Sembawang #01-15
Freehold
$745
$882k
27 Aug 10
1 Jalan Ulu Sembawang #03-04
Freehold
$701
$890k
06 Apr 10
1 Jalan Ulu Sembawang #03-03
Freehold
$714
$822k
23 Nov 09

mantrix
21-12-10, 08:57
Both r apartment status. In terms of facility, condo has more. :)

typically condo psf is more than apartment psf, given that the owners are paying for extra land space (and hence more facilities)

So if Sensoria hit 750psf, does that mean the new launch, being nearer to the shopping mall and mrt should be higher?

If so, 900+ psf seems reasonable already (but also out of my risk appetite)

:scared-3:

kingkong1984
22-12-10, 01:06
At this price, mrt is priced in. Anyway, free shuttle will solve the short term mrt problem. Mrt should be at least 10 to 20 years away. Some prefer walking distance to shopping complex.

mantrix
22-12-10, 15:48
At this price, mrt is priced in. Anyway, free shuttle will solve the short term mrt problem. Mrt should be at least 10 to 20 years away. Some prefer walking distance to shopping complex.

I have been to the area many times (to both SSC and to eat white bee hoon) and know it well. It definitely is within walking dist to mrt, no need for shuttle (2 traffic lights away from MRT) - my guess is 8min walk.

However, from sembawang to town, even by mrt, is a distance away so if 900psf will be a bit high IMO - however I'm pretty sure there'll be takers.

If driving, best to go along sembawang road onto upper thomson onto farrer and exit holland to get to town...but people who would buy there most likely wouldn't go town often anyway

devon_wh
23-12-10, 09:33
Canberra Residences. It's not bad though.:cheers6: Low-rise developement, only 5 storeys with 18 blocks.

ay123
23-12-10, 10:26
Canberra Residences. It's not bad though.:cheers6: Low-rise developement, only 5 storeys with 18 blocks.

saw the flyer. is actually quite nice. Unless they sell at 750psf range, it will not worth buying

mantrix
23-12-10, 10:38

the name is a bit let down...not another 'residences' :hell-hath-no-fury:

but better than D'Canberra I guess...or Canberra Suites...or Casa Canberra

if flyers are out anyone any idea of the psf?

aceivan
23-12-10, 18:01
the name is a bit let down...not another 'residences' :hell-hath-no-fury:

but better than D'Canberra I guess...or Canberra Suites...or Casa Canberra

if flyers are out anyone any idea of the psf?

I feel that the name is okay. Better than D'banyan. Imagine u board the taxi, uncle, D'banyan...... Errr along jalan sendudok, ...... Errr behind sembawang shopping centre.

So, it is pretty str forward to taxi drivers,

From what I heard from my agent. D'banyan is selling ard $700 psf but maintenance is like $400++ per month. Sensoria not too sure cos in my opinion, not near mrt n the shopping centre.

mantrix
23-12-10, 20:17
I feel that the name is okay. Better than D'banyan. Imagine u board the taxi, uncle, D'banyan...... Errr along jalan sendudok, ...... Errr behind sembawang shopping centre.

So, it is pretty str forward to taxi drivers,

From what I heard from my agent. D'banyan is selling ard $700 psf but maintenance is like $400++ per month. Sensoria not too sure cos in my opinion, not near mrt n the shopping centre.

well it is a bit cliche - too many projects using 'residences' now

D'Banyan is expensive to maintain as there are few units. Same for Sensoria I believe. For a big project like Seletaris (further away) I will imagine it's cheaper. Maintenance for a facility, say, a medium-sized swimming pool is not much more expensive than a small one - yet when the cost is borne by 400 or 500 units the maintenance will be smaller as compared to 50 or 80 units supporting the same.

Wonder how much the maintenance will cost for this...380 units should be around 300 for a 3 BR i think :cheers6:

aceivan
23-12-10, 21:54

D'Banyan is expensive to maintain as there are few units. Same for Sensoria I believe. For a big project like Seletaris (further away) I will imagine it's cheaper. Maintenance for a facility, say, a medium-sized swimming pool is not much more expensive than a small one - yet when the cost is borne by 400 or 500 units the maintenance will be smaller as compared to 50 or 80 units supporting the same.

Wonder how much the maintenance will cost for this...380 units should be around 300 for a 3 BR i think :cheers6:

I believe I will bump into you when the show flat is ready :)
:cheers6:

kingkong1984
23-12-10, 21:57

D'Banyan hard to sell leh...

zzz1
24-12-10, 10:59
D'Banyan hard to sell leh...

from the outside, the development look quite nice thuo...

mantrix
24-12-10, 12:09
from the outside, the development look quite nice thuo...

If launch price is high D'Banyan will benefit from it.

However SSC is crowded enough, not sure if 300+ extra households nearby will make it worse... :(

aceivan
24-12-10, 13:44

However SSC is crowded enough, not sure if 300+ extra households nearby will make it worse... :(

Double edge sword. Can go either way..

zzz1
24-12-10, 21:49

An la .
The shopping centre problem is the parking not the complex

kingkong1984
24-12-10, 21:54
Double edge sword. Can go either way..

smart... could be harder to sell, older, smaller and the original demand taken away from it.

If price high but buyer preference is still with buying new one. How would this benefit?

devon_wh
24-12-10, 22:46
Is this Canberra Residences or the Woodgrove S3a project by FEO (near American School, project not yet launched) a good buy?

Consider the location, room for appreciation etc...

Personally think that the Woodgrove site is getting too congested, nearby condos like rosewood, casablanca, rosewood suites, woodgrove condo, woodgrove apartment etc.

But Canberra Residences, the developer MCC Land, its EC project The Canopy is not selling well...If Canberra Residences to sell at an average of $850/$900 psf, will the response be good considering the its location? Not much selling point for Canberra Residences..I think again will be dominated by HDB upgraders nearby...:scared-1:

kingkong1984
25-12-10, 00:16
Is this Canberra Residences or the Woodgrove S3a project by FEO (near American School, project not yet launched) a good buy?

Consider the location, room for appreciation etc...

Personally think that the Woodgrove site is getting too congested, nearby condos like rosewood, casablanca, rosewood suites, woodgrove condo, woodgrove apartment etc.

But Canberra Residences, the developer MCC Land, its EC project The Canopy is not selling well...If Canberra Residences to sell at an average of $850/$900 psf, will the response be good considering the its location? Not much selling point for Canberra Residences..I think again will be dominated by HDB upgraders nearby...:scared-1:
Wait for actual sales result. These areas should have less than desired take up rate.

akow
25-12-10, 11:06
Wait for actual sales result. These areas should have less than desired take up rate.

Sembawang so remote, how to buy?
If could not get good rental, cannot buy...

Market is now flooded with so many upcoming condo projects, at more attractive locations.

devilplate
25-12-10, 11:37
Sembawang so remote, how to buy?
If could not get good rental, cannot buy...

Market is now flooded with so many upcoming condo projects, at more attractive locations.

got $$ can buy:p

gunner
28-12-10, 09:45
keen to get it for own stay since not possible to get good rental yield in this location. but if hit 800psf or more, then i will lose interest already. aiming for a 3 bedroom unit...

mantrix
28-12-10, 09:48
keen to get it for own stay since not possible to get good rental yield in this location. but if hit 800psf or more, then i will lose interest already. aiming for a 3 bedroom unit...

i think can forget it since the developer sales team told me around 850psf after discount...hopefully someone can verify this?

If FH i think it's worth it, but this is 99LH...:tongue3:

azeoprop
28-12-10, 10:07
Maybe can try Yishun Topaz by Fraser centerpoint, they bought the land cheap cheap just next to the Yishun emerald/ Yishun sapphire. :rolleyes:

gunner
28-12-10, 10:20
i think can forget it since the developer sales team told me around 850psf after discount...hopefully someone can verify this?

after discount still 850psf??? hai suan le...

Yishun Topaz when will launch? also ulu haha!

ay123
28-12-10, 10:20
Maybe can try Yishun Topaz by Fraser centerpoint, they bought the land cheap cheap just next to the Yishun emerald/ Yishun sapphire. :rolleyes:

tat is EC right?

gunner
28-12-10, 10:25
tat is EC right?

tot the EC is canopy? ya how come the land like on same place as canopy ah? or u referring to canopy?

azeoprop
28-12-10, 10:25
tat is EC right?

Nope, it is a full condo. There is a potential for a mrt station to be around that area if Simpang new town opposite really start developing, but must wait till 2020... haa haa. :beats-me-man:

http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=4
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Yishun+land+parcel+sees+a+meagre+two+bids/

ay123
28-12-10, 10:40

this is what i heard but is estimate only. i guess now they are trying to get response on price before they actually price it. hope they receive bad response then they will be more realistic in pricing. don for get they bought the land at think $387psf. so breakeven probably only slightly above 600psf. i am interested too but my acceptable price is max 750psf for around 1200sf size. 850psf really too much. those who pay this price is to be slaughter

hyenergix
28-12-10, 10:57
I guess breakeven is around $650 psf. So add another 200 psf for profit, you get $850, which is just about right. Most of the ulu 99 LH pte condo should be about $850 psf, while those very near MRT is around $1100 psf.

Do people really need to pay such a high premium to stay near MRT? I got squeezed out by aunties every morning until I gave up and bought a car. Never look back since...

gunner
28-12-10, 11:10
I guess breakeven is around $650 psf. So add another 200 psf for profit, you get $850, which is just about right. Most of the ulu 99 LH pte condo should be about $850 psf, while those very near MRT is around $1100 psf.

Do people really need to pay such a high premium to stay near MRT? I got squeezed out by aunties every morning until I gave up and bought a car. Never look back since...

200psf profit on 650psf breakeven? 30% profit margin is alot leh. i am also same as ay123. if prices for a 3 bedroom is more than 800psf, forget it. rather not buy...

i drove past recently and found the nearest coffeeshop is opp SSC? anywhere else nearer or not? cannot imagine has to walk so far to get food everyday leh.

hyenergix
28-12-10, 11:19
If you check around, 200 psf is roughly what developers are targetting nowadays for 99LH at ulu locations. Crazy developers sometimes aim for close to $1000 psf profit margin for good locations.

E.g. Flamingo Valley

Land price: $400 psf (Edit - plus $250 psf for construction)
http://www.chanlawrence.com/2010/04/flamingo-valley-launching-soon.html

Selling price: $1500 psf
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/flamingo-valley-1931

The other one is the Vision at west coast.

gunner
28-12-10, 11:27
If you check around, 200 psf is roughly what developers are targetting nowadays for 99LH at ulu locations. Crazy developers sometimes aim for close to $1000 psf profit margin for good locations.

E.g. Flamingo Valley

Land price: $400 psf (Edit - plus $250 psf for construction)
http://www.chanlawrence.com/2010/04/flamingo-valley-launching-soon.html

Selling price: $1500 psf
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/flamingo-valley-1931

The other one is the Vision at west coast.

i thought flamingo valley is FH???

ay123
28-12-10, 11:27
200psf profit on 650psf breakeven? 30% profit margin is alot leh. i am also same as ay123. if prices for a 3 bedroom is more than 800psf, forget it. rather not buy...

i drove past recently and found the nearest coffeeshop is opp SSC? anywhere else nearer or not? cannot imagine has to walk so far to get food everyday leh.

850psf is too high. they already said they are selling at 700plus psf when they got the land. this price already built in profit of at least 150~200psf. if they up the price to 850psf, meaning they are going to profit at least 350psf profit. tats too much for a 387psf land. and govt will introduce more measure to curb such crazy buying. i will not go for preview, i rather wait to see the response. if this is really so good tat sell out in short period then i LL. or i will wait when mkt quite down and get developer unit (if still have).

hyenergix
28-12-10, 11:35
i thought flamingo valley is FH???

Opps, my mistake. But the 99LH Vision profit margin should be quite close to $1000 psf if you count the useless bay windows, planters, balconies etc. My point is 200 psf for 99LH is roughly profit margin.

I feel that it is better to buy sub-sale rather than directly from developer now. Condos that TOP this year and next year should have been launched around 2008, which is the price bottom. So the owners are more reasonable in their asking price.

gunner
28-12-10, 11:36
850psf is too high. they already said they are selling at 700plus psf when they got the land. this price already built in profit of at least 150~200psf. if they up the price to 850psf, meaning they are going to profit at least 350psf profit. tats too much for a 387psf land. and govt will introduce more measure to curb such crazy buying. i will not go for preview, i rather wait to see the response. if this is really so good tat sell out in short period then i LL. or i will wait when mkt quite down and get developer unit (if still have).

haha looks like u and me are going to be sitting this one out for the moment :p

i rather use the cash to do some investment then to buy at such a crazy price. i not a carrot. i rather let someone else be a carrot. the most i stay at my current home no problem one haha!

skyhigh
28-12-10, 12:37

I do not currently stay near any MRT and drive daily.
But look at the roads/ERP/COE situation - can only get worse.
Like I really want to go to Centrepoint or Ngee Ann City but no way am I going to try driving there during this festive season as it is not worth the hassle.
So if MRT on my doorstep then it helps.
I use an umbrella to nudge the aunties out of my way...

ay123
28-12-10, 14:20
there is another land between canberra residence and sembawang shopping centre will be up for sale on mar11. this might have impact on this project as developer might not put in high bid after mas land release by govt. so MCC better be realistic in canberra pricing

devon_wh
28-12-10, 16:08
ay123,

Where do you get the land sale information, from URA website?:cheers6:

ay123
28-12-10, 16:11
ay123,

Where do you get the land sale information, from URA website?:cheers6:

yes....from ura site...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/prog1H2011clcomresi.html

teddybear
28-12-10, 16:11
Well, more reason to stay walking distance to MRT now when COE going up, up, UP! Now COE for 1.6L and above cars is $72,000 ! Soon it will be $100,000 ? :scared-3:

ay123
28-12-10, 16:22

not all near mrt with > 1000psf price tag sell well. centro is not selling well but lakefront is doing pretty good. centro thou near mrt but no potential cos no happening. lakefront on the other end is doing well becos is near mrt PLUS jurong development. so lakefront has more upside than centro

kingkong1984
28-12-10, 16:56
not all near mrt with > 1000psf price tag sell well. centro is not selling well but lakefront is doing pretty good. centro thou near mrt but no potential cos no happening. lakefront on the other end is doing well becos is near mrt PLUS jurong development. so lakefront has more upside than centro

you have great wisdom. However, the developer jacks up the prices further to compensate with the lower sales.

say $1000 psf can clear 75% units... (100 units of 1000 sqf as an example would be 75 million).

developer might want to price it at $1500 psf and clear 50% units (same 75 million).

use 300 units will be a better example.

mantrix
28-12-10, 17:07
you have great wisdom. However, the developer jacks up the prices further to compensate with the lower sales.

say $1000 psf can clear 75% units... (100 units of 1000 sqf as an example would be 75 million).

developer might want to price it at $1500 psf and clear 50% units (same 75 million).

use 300 units will be a better example.

Canberra Residences has 320 units - an ok size.
Those facing the road and inwards get an unblocked view.
Despite the price I won't be surprised if this sells well - Lakefront past 1K psf did well due to marketing of the hidden potential and with simpang plans etc some may bite - somemore it's 200psf at least lower than LR.

For me, I'll eye the development next to it - I'll rather have the shopping mall at my doorstep and walk extra 1min to MRT :)

But it may launch then at 1K psf???

kingkong1984
29-12-10, 05:04
My guess for cr yes.. Minimum 650 psf for big pes units. Average 800 to 850 psf. Max 1000 psf (unlikely to hit tat unless mm,s)

For the one next to it, it depends on market sentiments then. Likely yes but if new or extreme cooling measures introduced. Gd bless.

ay123
29-12-10, 08:33
My guess for cr yes.. Minimum 650 psf for big pes units. Average 800 to 850 psf. Max 1000 psf (unlikely to hit tat unless mm,s)

For the one next to it, it depends on market sentiments then. Likely yes but if new or extreme cooling measures introduced. Gd bless.

my take is:
if canberra residence launch at 850~950psf range, not many takers will bite.
next plot of land beside CR will be affected. developer will use CR sale as guide and will not bid high knowing the poor response
CR interested buyers should not rush in to buy. can wait n see response. if poor response, maybe can get a better deal on the next plot of land.

however if the take up rate is good......good luck to buyers and i gonna give this a miss.

ay123
29-12-10, 08:37
Canberra Residences has 320 units - an ok size.
Those facing the road and inwards get an unblocked view.
Despite the price I won't be surprised if this sells well - Lakefront past 1K psf did well due to marketing of the hidden potential and with simpang plans etc some may bite - somemore it's 200psf at least lower than LR.

For me, I'll eye the development next to it - I'll rather have the shopping mall at my doorstep and walk extra 1min to MRT :)

But it may launch then at 1K psf???

read below comments by MBT. better don bet on Simpang town. another 20 years maybe..........

TENGAH and Simpang might be the next townships to be developed, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__D9wajg6hQM/S5Hg1ma6mjI/AAAAAAAABHI/hrgfkoG1Wgo/s320/ST+6+Mar+10+Town.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__D9wajg6hQM/S5Hg1ma6mjI/AAAAAAAABHI/hrgfkoG1Wgo/s1600-h/ST+6+Mar+10+Town.jpg)
‘Flat buyers need not fear that there are not enough flats,’ Mr Mah said. ‘When Punggol is fully built up, we will consider building in new areas such as Tengah and Simpang.’
The two areas – Simpang in the north-east, and Tengah in the west – were fielded as potential development sites as early as the 1990s.
Simpang town first made its appearance on the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s 1991 Concept Plan, where it was mentioned as one of the next possible housing estates in the same breath as Punggol, Sembawang, and Sengkang.
Simpang town is located on the coast, bounded by the Strait of Johor to the north, Sembawang town to the west, Yishun town to the south and the mouth of the former Sungei Seletar to the east.
In the URA’s Simpang development guide plan, the area was meant to be a waterfront town, featuring waterfront homes and sea sports facilities.
There were even plans for a light rail system through the area.
These grand plans were evidently shelved, however, as the area remains a mixture of forest and swamp. The Simpang training grounds were at one point in use by the Singapore Armed Forces artillery as a training ground.
There have been fewer designs on the area at Tengah – bounded by Brickland Road, the KJE, PIE and Bukit Batok Road.
Today, the forested piece of land remains an excellent source of wild durians.
However, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Development stressed that there are no concrete plans to develop the areas yet. He stressed that Mr Mah highlighted the two areas only to demonstrate the adequacy of housing space.
‘(The) towns will only be developed at the appropriate time when there is sufficient demand,’ said a spokesman for HDB. ‘There was no prior commitment to develop both towns.
Source: Straits Times, 6 Mar 2010

hyenergix
29-12-10, 08:39
I do not currently stay near any MRT and drive daily.
But look at the roads/ERP/COE situation - can only get worse.
Like I really want to go to Centrepoint or Ngee Ann City but no way am I going to try driving there during this festive season as it is not worth the hassle.
So if MRT on my doorstep then it helps.
I use an umbrella to nudge the aunties out of my way...

When I go out for leisure, I take into account the quality of the journey too. The destination is not the end of it. Compare to rushing for the train and squeezing with so many people in the MRT, I would rather stroll to my car, enjoy the scenery and conversation with my family in peace. With a car, you can also go to places that are normally not accessible by many people and get better shopping experience and price compare to Orchard Road. Our MRT is over-rated...

hyenergix
29-12-10, 08:43
read below comments by MBT. better don bet on Simpang town. another 20 years maybe..........

TENGAH and Simpang might be the next townships to be developed, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday.

‘Flat buyers need not fear that there are not enough flats,’ Mr Mah said. ‘When Punggol is fully built up, we will consider building in new areas such as Tengah and Simpang.’
The two areas – Simpang in the north-east, and Tengah in the west – were fielded as potential development sites as early as the 1990s.
Simpang town first made its appearance on the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s 1991 Concept Plan, where it was mentioned as one of the next possible housing estates in the same breath as Punggol, Sembawang, and Sengkang.
Simpang town is located on the coast, bounded by the Strait of Johor to the north, Sembawang town to the west, Yishun town to the south and the mouth of the former Sungei Seletar to the east.
In the URA’s Simpang development guide plan, the area was meant to be a waterfront town, featuring waterfront homes and sea sports facilities.
There were even plans for a light rail system through the area.
These grand plans were evidently shelved, however, as the area remains a mixture of forest and swamp. The Simpang training grounds were at one point in use by the Singapore Armed Forces artillery as a training ground.
There have been fewer designs on the area at Tengah – bounded by Brickland Road, the KJE, PIE and Bukit Batok Road.
Today, the forested piece of land remains an excellent source of wild durians.
However, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Development stressed that there are no concrete plans to develop the areas yet. He stressed that Mr Mah highlighted the two areas only to demonstrate the adequacy of housing space.
‘(The) towns will only be developed at the appropriate time when there is sufficient demand,’ said a spokesman for HDB. ‘There was no prior commitment to develop both towns.
Source: Straits Times, 6 Mar 2010

I'm quite skeptical of having water sports to the north, as the exchange with fresh sea water is not good and there are many (JB) factories and (SG) sewage treatment works discharging (treated) wastes directly into the water. Due to the geography, the under-current is also very strong. Quite dangerous in my opinion.

rattydrama
29-12-10, 08:46
my take is:
if canberra residence launch at 850~950psf range, not many takers will bite.
next plot of land beside CR will be affected. developer will use CR sale as guide and will not bid high knowing the poor response
CR interested buyers should not rush in to buy. can wait n see response. if poor response, maybe can get a better deal on the next plot of land.

however if the take up rate is good......good luck to buyers and i gonna give this a miss.

now there is a spoilt of choices in this area. I believe potential buyers are very sensitive to prices at the current market situation. Yes do not rush.

rattydrama
29-12-10, 08:49
When I go out for leisure, I take into account the quality of the journey too. The destination is not the end of it. Compare to rushing for the train and squeezing with so many people in the MRT, I would rather stroll to my car, enjoy the scenery and conversation with my family in peace. With a car, you can also go to places that are normally not accessible by many people and get better shopping experience and price compare to Orchard Road. Our MRT is over-rated...

How about having enough covered car park lots to park your 2nd car and the condo is just within 2 min work to MRT station and supermarket? :spliff:

rattydrama
29-12-10, 08:52
I'm quite skeptical of having water sports to the north, as the exchange with fresh sea water is not good and there are many (JB) factories and (SG) sewage treatment works discharging (treated) wastes directly into the water. Due to the geography, the under-current is also very strong. Quite dangerous in my opinion.

when our immigration check point was built, the malaysian counter part immediately embarked on the upgrading of their check point. I am not surprise that the government will upgrade and improve the coastline in the north, in particular the Woodlands areas but not Simpang Town.

devilplate
29-12-10, 09:23

MRT not over-rated.....

Its bcoz our Car DAMN EXXXXXX

many expats got a shocked when they noe a nissan sunny cost as much as BM 5series bck home:scared-1:

devilplate
29-12-10, 09:25
How about having enough covered car park lots to park your 2nd car and the condo is just within 2 min work to MRT station and supermarket? :spliff:

feel happy for u....:D

kingkong1984
29-12-10, 09:51
when our immigration check point was built, the malaysian counter part immediately embarked on the upgrading of their check point. I am not surprise that the government will upgrade and improve the coastline in the north, in particular the Woodlands areas but not Simpang Town.

simpang... long long time away... maybe even after jurong lake district is up.

punggol done
tampines done
jurong lake done...
then maybe its simpang... hahaa.

rattydrama
29-12-10, 09:55
feel happy for u....:D

Thanks so much! I was quite sad to leave my old place but having stay here for less than a week, I like the convenience. Now, I seldom use my car since I need not drive out to buy anything in particular.

the only thing is that i spent too much due to too many eateries and finger foods... ya koon, jolly beans, old chiang kee, kcf, Jalan kayu roti prata, eat it - 24 hr some more wor....

devilplate
29-12-10, 10:10
Thanks so much! I was quite sad to leave my old place but having stay here for less than a week, I like the convenience. Now, I seldom use my car since I need not drive out to buy anything in particular.

the only thing is that i spent too much due to too many eateries and finger foods... ya koon, jolly beans, old chiang kee, kcf, Jalan kayu roti prata, eat it - 24 hr some more wor....

tat doesnt cost much....BUT it will cost ur health away....hehe

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 09:23
Canberra Residence Layout

Ground floor = Garden

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Garden_Residences.html

Mid Floor = Resort

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Resort_Residences.html

Top floor = Sky

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Sky_Residences.html

Weird layout, one in the living room (sky garden) and the other one got no door to roof... 4+1 last 2 layout.

The roof - Safe for kids?

http://www.canberraresidences.com.sg/
Asking price range 8xx??? :doh:

tboonk
31-12-10, 10:08
For this development, are the floorings marble or homogenous?

mantrix
31-12-10, 10:13
Canberra Residence Layout

Ground floor = Garden

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Garden_Residences.html

Mid Floor = Resort

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Resort_Residences.html

Top floor = Sky

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Sky_Residences.html

Weird layout, one in the living room (sky garden) and the other one got no door to roof... 4+1 last 2 layout.

The roof - Safe for kids?

http://www.canberraresidences.com.sg/
Asking price range 8xx??? :doh:

i think asking is FROM 850psf...and that is for those with PES
for resort units should be above 900psf :doh::doh::doh:

devilplate
31-12-10, 10:26

i tink developer feels tat if greenwich can sell 1100-1400psf...y not

zzz1
31-12-10, 10:30
i tink developer feels tat if greenwich can sell 1100-1400psf...y not

Saw on the flyers, the artise's impression ...look nice.

The directly opp open field/(current the show room location) is proposed as a stadium for Sembawang.

Now no sould no pic

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 10:31
Saw on the flyers, the artise's impression ...look nice.

The directly opp open field/(current the show room location) is proposed as a stadium for Sembawang.

Now no sould no pic

I have a remote feeling that the Yishun Stadium would be demolished and placed there instead.

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 10:33

China developers... chinese mentality.... go for the kill!

no door to roof leh.... 4+1 penthouses, last 2 layout.

I have to :doh: :doh: :doh: again

mantrix
31-12-10, 10:38

If chinese developer that is = chinese subcontractor...

Time to siam far far liao loh

zzz1
31-12-10, 10:42

Not being bias and IMO personally,

Their quality is still "Not There" yet...

devon_wh
31-12-10, 11:16
I'm neutral.
Have to see the overall response on the actual preview day + first launch day.

People now is crazy, anyhow chasing for private property...
Singaporean, PR, Chinese from China / HK / Malaysia / Indonesia all eyeing for a so-called 'House' in Singapore....

The above phenomenon can be seen in The SOHO Tennery by FEO.
Is it really worth the $$$? No one knows...Only future can tell....:doh: :doh:

mantrix
31-12-10, 11:23
Maybe because chinese developer in the end all PRCs go and buy....pay full in cash somemore...:scared-3:

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 11:29
One of the 2 bedders seems quite ok. Can partition easily as two units with 2 baths. Common area is the kitchen. Can one room fetch $600 and the other bigger room $1200? That would be $2k... worth it?

better to should have some MM's. MM so good, even china developer also dun want to build MM.

Response should be good as stated. From China for the China to the China.

devilplate
31-12-10, 12:33
One of the 2 bedders seems quite ok. Can partition easily as two units with 2 baths. Common area is the kitchen. Can one room fetch $600 and the other bigger room $1200? That would be $2k... worth it?

better to should have some MM's. MM so good, even china developer also dun want to build MM.

Response should be good as stated. From China for the China to the China.
I wun touch mmm in semb

aceivan
31-12-10, 13:29
If this project can sell $850-$900 psf, I am not surprise that the one at woodlands by FEO will sell abt 1k.... :scared-5:

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 13:31
If this project can sell $850-$900 psf, I am not surprise that the one at woodlands by FEO will sell abt 1k.... :scared-5:

all new launches moving towards $1000 psf and above as baseline.

quite a few already surpassed it already.

mantrix
31-12-10, 17:11

This being nearer to town and next to shopping mall should be higher leh.
The one at woodland may be priced higher only because it's by FEO, nothing else. Watch out for their glib marketing tongues :)

(Maybe end up higher psf than greenwich)

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 17:22
The plot near to Yishun Emerald Sapphire might hit...

and just maybe for the first time, MM units. But I would think that a smallest unit should be a 2 bedder of 650 sqf there about. Price about 650k (my wild guess only)

rattydrama
01-01-11, 00:10
tat doesnt cost much....BUT it will cost ur health away....hehe
hopefully its just temporally. :)

rattydrama
01-01-11, 00:15
Well, let them chase up the price of the less desired locations. For places that there is a story to tell, we can pay at higher price but for this place, buyer should think more for self stay than investment. to make yr $ work faster, should think of re-sale unit rather than new unit. anyway new unit will turn old one day but location is something that cannot be changed at all.

I'm neutral.
Have to see the overall response on the actual preview day + first launch day.

People now is crazy, anyhow chasing for private property...
Singaporean, PR, Chinese from China / HK / Malaysia / Indonesia all eyeing for a so-called 'House' in Singapore....

The above phenomenon can be seen in The SOHO Tennery by FEO.
Is it really worth the $$$? No one knows...Only future can tell....:doh: :doh:

Lao Hu
02-01-11, 15:40
Just pass-by the show-room. There is a lot of people outside. Is it the VIPP launch today?

Regulators
02-01-11, 16:09
This kind of pricin is ridiculous for sembawang. Sembawang cottage selling at only 5xxpsf

devilplate
02-01-11, 16:17
This kind of pricin is ridiculous for sembawang. Sembawang cottage selling at only 5xxpsf

which project name?

mantrix
02-01-11, 17:07

Regulators have you seen sembwang cottage? It's not even a condo at all - I am unsure even to classify it as aparment. No facilities, shophouse like and above 2 china steamboat restaurants...imagine the smell of the decomposing leftover food...

Not to mention it's facing the busy sembawang road and not walking distance to anywhere...

devilplate
02-01-11, 17:31
Regulators have you seen sembwang cottage? It's not even a condo at all - I am unsure even to classify it as aparment. No facilities, shophouse like and above 2 china steamboat restaurants...imagine the smell of the decomposing leftover food...

Not to mention it's facing the busy sembawang road and not walking distance to anywhere...

sounds like walkup apt....

Regulators
02-01-11, 22:36
i understand where you are coming from, but i was just comparing pricing for the area, not project specific. The price range for sembawang and yishun projects are in the region of 5xxpsf to 6xxpsf for older projects

azeoprop
02-01-11, 23:49
Wonder if can get the 1 bedder at 500k or below? :beats-me-man:

mantrix
03-01-11, 07:08
i understand where you are coming from, but i was just comparing pricing for the area, not project specific. The price range for sembawang and yishun projects are in the region of 5xxpsf to 6xxpsf for older projects

Where I'm coming from is that Sembawang cottage is the lowest tier of pte housing here is the area and yet is already 500psf+...the new range in yishun / sembawang is 600++ to 800++psf nowadays, depending on the lease.

Given the 99LH landed has been bidded for more than 1Kpsf, the area is going to go up. I've always said this place has a lot of potential for growth and now it's showing. (Similar to your regent heights)

rattydrama
03-01-11, 11:59
Wonder if can get the 1 bedder at 500k or below? :beats-me-man:

any update? I like to know too!

azeoprop
03-01-11, 20:51
Agent told me preview is this coming Friday. :beats-me-man:

Wee Boon
05-01-11, 15:32

Woodland ave 12 jam like siao every weekday morning to SLE :doh:

mantrix
05-01-11, 17:46
Woodland ave 12 jam like siao every weekday morning to SLE :doh:

you registered just to post this?

i agree lah, but everywhere also jam during weekday mornings what

the bottleneck is because of the SLE to TPE exit (first one) followed by the CTE to PIE exit at Upper Serangoon :mad:

teddybear
05-01-11, 18:01
Some places are just so much more worse than others! :scared-3:

you registered just to post this?

i agree lah, but everywhere also jam during weekday mornings what

the bottleneck is because of the SLE to TPE exit (first one) followed by the CTE to PIE exit at Upper Serangoon :mad:

mantrix
05-01-11, 18:06
Some places are just so much more worse than others! :scared-3:

LOL you another one! :D

teddybear
05-01-11, 18:15
What another one? I didn't register just to post this, and I am stating FACTS! :p

LOL you another one! :D

mantrix
05-01-11, 18:21
What another one? I didn't register just to post this, and I am stating FACTS! :p

you lost arguing with stalingrad and wild and come here ar :D

ok lah your CCR no jams and transport is a breeze :cheers1:;):D

teddybear
05-01-11, 18:38
Depending on which part of CCR, but that is generally true, which is why I am willing to pay premiums for my place. :cheers1:

you lost arguing with stalingrad and wild and come here ar :D

ok lah your CCR no jams and transport is a breeze :cheers1:;):D

azeoprop
05-01-11, 18:42
This place is good for those who don't work in the CBD. Near Sembawang MRT, sun plaza and sembawang shopping centre. Park connectors all the way to sembawang beach. :p

mantrix
05-01-11, 18:55
This place is good for those who don't work in the CBD. Near Sembawang MRT, sun plaza and sembawang shopping centre. Park connectors all the way to sembawang beach. :p

yupz - let's see how the response will be like this Friday :rolleyes:

Wee Boon
05-01-11, 21:04

At least 15 - 20 mins walk (most of the area not covered) to sembawang MRT. Got park connectors all the way to sembawang park/beach meh? :confused:

rattydrama
05-01-11, 22:16

That is true, if one don't work in CBD or town areas, there is really no incentive to stay near town or prime district. Outskirts area is preferred as it is easier to drive around with less traffic and away from crowd which gives you more breathing space at half or maybe fraction of the CCR price.

teddybear
05-01-11, 22:25
Contrary to what you said, outskirts area traffic is even worse. You tried driving along Upper Bukit Timah Road towards PIE during peak hours? You tried driving along CTE towards city and back to Punggol during peak hours? Very horrible! :doh:

That is true, if one don't work in CBD or town areas, there is really no incentive to stay near town or prime district. Outskirts area is preferred as it is easier to drive around with less traffic and away from crowd which gives you more breathing space at half or maybe fraction of the CCR price.

land118
05-01-11, 22:35
In the morn, many OCR residents drive to CCR to work, jam worst than reverse direction; evening same OCR workers drive home..jam. This is generally true....for most major expressways and major arterial roads, that is why most ERP gantries are located ....to milk$$$

rattydrama
05-01-11, 22:39
Contrary to what you said, outskirts area traffic is even worse. You tried driving along Upper Bukit Timah Road towards PIE during peak hours? You tried driving along CTE towards city and back to Punggol during peak hours? Very horrible! :doh:

How about work and stay in the same district, Woodlands and Sembawang areas? In Singapore so long as you drive out of your town district at peak hours, where got no jam?

hyenergix
06-01-11, 06:17
Have to match where we stay and work closely, because the vehicle population growth is now 1.5% per year if you are driving. Traffic will grow by at least 1.5% more every year. Not to mention increasing ERP rates and more traffic lights.

teddybear
06-01-11, 07:54
By the way, most of the best paying jobs are in offices in CCR (in office towers in Shenton Way, Orchard, Newton, now new MBFC etc.). Most of the best paid expats work in CCR. Is it any wonder that these people working in CCR are mostly living/renting in CCR? Those who can't afford CCR rent will living further away, but will radial outwards from CCR to RCR before considering OCR. This dictates that OCR is always the last to be considered for renting in their list (and the only reason to go there is the low rent).

How about work and stay in the same district, Woodlands and Sembawang areas? In Singapore so long as you drive out of your town district at peak hours, where got no jam?

rattydrama
06-01-11, 22:10
By the way, most of the best paying jobs are in offices in CCR (in office towers in Shenton Way, Orchard, Newton, now new MBFC etc.). Most of the best paid expats work in CCR. Is it any wonder that these people working in CCR are mostly living/renting in CCR? Those who can't afford CCR rent will living further away, but will radial outwards from CCR to RCR before considering OCR. This dictates that OCR is always the last to be considered for renting in their list (and the only reason to go there is the low rent).

I thought this is already a known fact. Your argument wont stop people buying OCR. :tongue3: OCR will help to push up yr CCR anyway.

ay123
07-01-11, 10:40
is today preview sale? anyone know the response?

Wee Boon
07-01-11, 11:16
is today preview sale? anyone know the response?

Today got preview meh? Agent never said leh :confused:

mantrix
07-01-11, 19:45
Today got preview meh? Agent never said leh :confused:

Weiwen, today is agent preview nia. VVIP preview not yet - think they are waiting for the numbers to register to hit a critical point before they preview - like that then HUAT mah...

So nothing confirmed I think until they hit a certain number of interested / kay poh people...maybe I also go contribute ;)

kingkong1984
07-01-11, 20:01
They are doing launch planning and dressing. Maybe launch after new year if response not good, i.e. Not enough blank cheques.

RE_Owner
07-01-11, 21:53
They are doing launch planning and dressing. Maybe launch after new year if response not good, i.e. Not enough blank cheques.
Better call for all to boycott this project. Teach the developer a lesson:D

aceivan
07-01-11, 22:01
:scared-4:
Sure or not.....
I drove pass earlier, kpo abit. They r definitely gathering interest.

rattydrama
08-01-11, 15:07

Yes dont kpo, dont bring in cheque. cos once u kpo, the developer will guage the interest and the price will be higher and u are doing yrself a disservice if you are really keen.

our dear china developer did not managed to sell out canopy so pricing to them is a key factor now.

aceivan
08-01-11, 22:43
Yes dont kpo, dont bring in cheque. cos once u kpo, the developer will guage the interest and the price will be higher and u are doing yrself a disservice if you are really keen.

our dear china developer did not managed to sell out canopy so pricing to them is a key factor now.

:) sure! Drove pass, saw tents n pple but showroom no one... So I guess they r gathering interest.

Just curious, if we want them to do badly, shouldn't we all kpo n give the developer false signal. When it launch, all Siam. :spliff: sure do badly...

mantrix
09-01-11, 07:37
:) sure! Drove pass, saw tents n pple but showroom no one... So I guess they r gathering interest.

Just curious, if we want them to do badly, shouldn't we all kpo n give the developer false signal. When it launch, all Siam. :spliff: sure do badly...

You need to give them blank cheque to register...risk is low but why chance it just to trick them?

RE_Owner
09-01-11, 08:51
If give cheque to show interest (even not interested) developer will price according to response. So even if can't sell well u cannot developer to revise downward right. So best is to avoid to wake them up. Don forget they buy land at 387psf, for china developer probably they can break-even at 500psf. Anything above tat is their margin.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 09:43

thats not a good strategy, better let developer quote u low psf and later raise the psf slowly (like tennery 659k initially and later 850k less 15% discount) and the earlier buyer will at least benefit from it. If higher psf and later developer throw in discount ... not so good leh, China developer will likely to do that hor.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 09:44
You need to give them blank cheque to register...risk is low but why chance it just to trick them?

only if u die die must have it such as lake front. Otherwise there are other projects nearby or re-sale projects.

aceivan
09-01-11, 10:45
I never believe in giving blank cheque to register. :)
For a place like this also require blank cheque... Ha ha. At least is a No for me.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 10:47
I never believe in giving blank cheque to register. :)
For a place like this also require blank cheque... Ha ha. At least is a No for me.

this is part of the game in SG ppty. I will not rule out cos u might miss the boat but not for every project.:spliff:

devilplate
09-01-11, 10:50
this is part of the game in SG ppty. I will not rule out cos u might miss the boat but not for every project.:spliff:

last yr projects like caspian, mi casa and even 8wood, definitely nid to put in blank chq

sian...i reluctant to put in chq for Mi casa, and ended up no high flr park facing unit left.....see la....haha

Wee Boon
09-01-11, 13:30
Wonder should go for the Fraser Centerpoint project beside Yishun Sapphire/Emerald? I saw they are doing the structure for the showroom, should have some news in few months time.

kingkong1984
09-01-11, 15:28
Wonder should go for the Fraser Centerpoint project beside Yishun Sapphire/Emerald? I saw they are doing the structure for the showroom, should have some news in few months time.
Yup, better to wait and compare unit and overall design. But feo prices won't be cheap. Price should be higher than sapphire emerald. Then sapphire emerald owner happy to buy cause they can sell theirs at a gd price. Of course not at the same psf lah, logically lower.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 15:46
last yr projects like caspian, mi casa and even 8wood, definitely nid to put in blank chq

sian...i reluctant to put in chq for Mi casa, and ended up no high flr park facing unit left.....see la....haha

aiyoh, u got better options rite? miss what huh? I miss out most of the time.:banghead:

kingkong1984
09-01-11, 20:16
Martin, wharf residences and some CCR projects right?

Lovelle
09-01-11, 20:32
Martin, wharf residences and some CCR projects right?

tis wharf residence price didn move up much...

kingkong1984
09-01-11, 20:41
tis wharf residence price didn move up much...
Oh, bad example. But prices was attractive in 09 11xx to 12xx for small units there. So it's shows CCR did not shoot up for wharf

mantrix
11-01-11, 20:10
Yup, better to wait and compare unit and overall design. But feo prices won't be cheap. Price should be higher than sapphire emerald. Then sapphire emerald owner happy to buy cause they can sell theirs at a gd price. Of course not at the same psf lah, logically lower.

new one gonna be called Yishun Topaz? Yishun Ruby?? Yishun Amethyst??? :confused:

Got blue and green now, maybe they need red to form LED colors...

Wee Boon
11-01-11, 21:07
Heard that they going to sell at least 800 psf .... wah lau :axekiller:

cashrich
11-01-11, 21:28
3 bedders over a million. That makes other condos look cheap!

aceivan
11-01-11, 21:30

Doing the same.... :axekiller:
Wah..... $800 is the new low. I still remembered when my wife n I bought our resale condo in 2008, I think $500+psf is the price for this area.....

mantrix
12-01-11, 14:11
Doing the same.... :axekiller:
Wah..... $800 is the new low. I still remembered when my wife n I bought our resale condo in 2008, I think $500+psf is the price for this area.....

2006 was around 400psf...

kingkong1984
12-01-11, 20:05
Can anyone find a 800 psf or less new launches now? Even caspian also asking more than that.

azeoprop
12-01-11, 21:17
Can anyone find a 800 psf or less new launches now? Even caspian also asking more than that.

Leftovers from oasia@elias 700psf haa haa. But new launch no more below 800psf
:beats-me-man:

mantrix
13-01-11, 08:05

Only for EC launches loh

scsc
13-01-11, 15:53
Only for EC launches loh

Some more must be ulu & inconvenient ones...

I remember Espirina was launch at ave 800+psf, that is for <3mins walk to mrt

azeoprop
13-01-11, 20:28
Looks like with the new cooling measures, the launch will be delayed or price lowered. :rolleyes:

kingkong1984
13-01-11, 21:00
Won't delay and not as bad. Purely for self stay can still consider. Pricing soft liao. Expect 7xx

Wee Boon
13-01-11, 21:14
Some more must be ulu & inconvenient ones...

I remember Espirina was launch at ave 800+psf, that is for <3mins walk to mrt

Canberra Residences is ulu place and not so convenient one leh

kingkong1984
14-01-11, 04:20

New policies, new benchmarks. Lower now... 2011 price drop year. 2012 price start recover year. 2015 just before next election. Peak again. Get it? Mrt ok, most ec.s completed. Just add new prs.

gunner
14-01-11, 12:24
think the developer must have regretted not starting to sell canberra earlier... really curious how the launch will perform now :beats-me-man:

devon_wh
14-01-11, 13:02
We shall see the response when the official launch next week..whether the blank cheques submitted before the new measurements still remain "blank" or "filled". I shall expect the response to be ...:cheers1:

ay123
14-01-11, 16:19
serve them right:D :D !! trying to sell 850psf to 900psf...with 387psf land price!!!

wont they delay the launch?

hyenergix
14-01-11, 16:26
Now is the race for developers to clear as much units as possible, because the GLS may not have good response and the land price could be cheaper. This allows the competitors to sell even cheaper.

rattydrama
15-01-11, 08:06
We shall see the response when the official launch next week..whether the blank cheques submitted before the new measurements still remain "blank" or "filled". I shall expect the response to be ...:cheers1:

looks like only North people will buy and they are not in a hurry to buy so blank cheques tactics may not be applicable here. do away speculators and price will be depressed.

mantrix
15-01-11, 08:52
looks like only North people will buy and they are not in a hurry to buy so blank cheques tactics may not be applicable here. do away speculators and price will be depressed.

With the way things are going, it's gonna be a 'ghost launch' (where some rows of seats are empty like in getais) or no launch.

Having said that, far north is not a place for speculators in the first place - who knows there are plenty of genuine upgraders for this.

They will not mind the SSD penalties but will be more affected by the LTV of 60%...

azeoprop
15-01-11, 09:05
1 bedroom units 400k? :rolleyes:

mantrix
15-01-11, 09:09
1 bedroom units 400k? :rolleyes:

1 bedroom unit 400psf :D

Wee Boon
15-01-11, 14:08
With the way things are going, it's gonna be a 'ghost launch' (where some rows of seats are empty like in getais) or no launch.

Having said that, far north is not a place for speculators in the first place - who knows there are plenty of genuine upgraders for this.

They will not mind the SSD penalties but will be more affected by the LTV of 60%...

Genuine upgraders aim 3 bedder and above ... so 1 and 2 bedder will be empty :D .... 400psf? :scared-4:

mantrix
15-01-11, 19:14
Genuine upgraders aim 3 bedder and above ... so 1 and 2 bedder will be empty :D .... 400psf? :scared-4:

let's see! But I think 800psf will be something they will launch at, with VVVVVIP discounts...there might still be takers :tsk-tsk:

mantrix
17-01-11, 22:01
Update: passed by yesterday. Brightly lit and nice showflat. Some cars, but mostly agents...

I guess launching should be delayed as it will be hard to hit critical mass (for blank cheques)

Wee Boon
17-01-11, 22:16
Update: passed by yesterday. Brightly lit and nice showflat. Some cars, but mostly agents...

I guess launching should be delayed as it will be hard to hit critical mass (for blank cheques)

Recently they damn suay ... wet weather ... u know la that area not much shelter .... :D

Oh ya the plot infront Yishun Emerald/Sapphire, seem like show room gonna up very soon, can see the structure already.;)

azeoprop
17-01-11, 22:52
Recently they damn suay ... wet weather ... u know la that area not much shelter .... :D

Oh ya the plot infront Yishun Emerald/Sapphire, seem like show room gonna up very soon, can see the structure already.;)

Looks like got chance for price war between these 2 projects. I will take The estuary as price reference. :rolleyes:

Wee Boon
17-01-11, 23:02
Looks like got chance for price war between these 2 projects. I will take The estuary as price reference. :rolleyes:

I think the developer also wanna look see look see how the Canberra Residences doing ... if CR did badly I think they also sianz half and delay the launching. :cool:

mantrix
18-01-11, 17:48
if they are smart they should launch now...maybe get similar response to Spottiswoode 18 :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
18-01-11, 18:18
if they are smart they should launch now...maybe get similar response to Spottiswoode 18 :tsk-tsk:

different ball game ...

yday news using centro vs dleedon to scare OCR buyers off....spott18 is CCR and MM combi

kingkong1984
18-01-11, 18:33
Just proceed. Self stay folks would still buy. In fact, better to buy BUC projects! Can sell if dun want to stay in it, change of mind, change of circumstances etc.

Just fewer people buying. Price hold or go up for new launches.

mantrix
18-01-11, 19:32
easy to say just proceed when developer still has not garnered enough support (or balls?) to launch

but i honestly think if they launch at an ok price (say 700psf++) there will be long queues

hitting 900psf will result in early hungry ghost festival for them :scared-1:

scsc
18-01-11, 20:10
different ball game ...

yday news using centro vs dleedon to scare OCR buyers off....spott18 is CCR and MM combi

Spot on...

but then i guess CR need to focus more on either 1st time buyer or those living in the landed...

As long as they priced lower then Greenwich, fishes will swim their way there

mantrix
19-01-11, 08:19
Spot on...

but then i guess CR need to focus more on either 1st time buyer or those living in the landed...

As long as they priced lower then Greenwich, fishes will swim their way there

Priced lower than Greenwich means priced lower than 1400psf...........

azeoprop
20-01-11, 09:49
Is the preview today? :beats-me-man:

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 09:52
Is the preview today? :beats-me-man:

No sound no shadow! :rolleyes:

mantrix
20-01-11, 10:03
later go kaypoh!

noblebaby
20-01-11, 10:03
the preview is tomorrow Friday. start from 1pm for VVIP.

No sound no shadow! :rolleyes:

ay123
20-01-11, 10:20

still have vvip .....so many cheques collected???

devilplate
20-01-11, 10:22
from 700psf?

devon_wh
20-01-11, 10:25
Heard from agent, 11AM will be press release.

1PM onwards, will be HOT COLD call from agents to those interested buyers who have submitted BLANK cheque.

Actual selling price of their registered 1st choice unit will be informed via the phone and buyer to confirm interest via the phone.:doh:

The preview is only opened after 4PM Friday.:simmering:

mantrix
20-01-11, 10:40

1PM onwards, will be HOT COLD call from agents to those interested buyers who have submitted BLANK cheque.

Actual selling price of their registered 1st choice unit will be informed via the phone and buyer to confirm interest via the phone.:doh:

Let's all guess how many units will be sold...out of 380 (I think)

I'm guessing 150

devon_wh
20-01-11, 10:45
How will the new announced North-South Expressway affect the launching price?:simmering:

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 10:52

I'm guessing 150

should be out of 320 units. may be 100 out of 320 units?

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 10:53

Don't tell me sell like hot cakes :doh:

ay123
20-01-11, 10:55

I'm guessing 150

50 they should

devilplate
20-01-11, 10:56
if 8xxpsf...most likely 30-50 units sold

ay123
20-01-11, 10:59

I'm guessing 150

50 they should be lucky

devilplate
20-01-11, 11:00
if average 700-750psf...150units no problem

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 11:12
if average 700-750psf...150units no problem

guess should fall around 750 - 800 psf :p

mantrix
20-01-11, 11:45
How will the new announced North-South Expressway affect the launching price?:simmering:

This should help boost the sentiment since they dun lie next to the track and will have an alternative road to town instead of CTE (via Gambas entry which is 1minute's drive away)

rattydrama
20-01-11, 12:03

the north south express way is near seletaris.......not near here.

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 12:14
the north south express way is near seletaris.......not near here.
It's along the same road, north up to south down. Duno gd or bad for homes there. Some mrt line should be mapping it closely, under expressway?

scsc
20-01-11, 12:33
Priced lower than Greenwich means priced lower than 1400psf...........

Greenwich launch median $1000-$1100psf nia...
I dun use MM for comparison unless...

mantrix
20-01-11, 12:37
It's along the same road, north up to south down. Duno gd or bad for homes there. Some mrt line should be mapping it closely, under expressway?

Thomson line will be in parallel to NSE for some parts...

mantrix
20-01-11, 12:39
Greenwich launch median $1000-$1100psf nia...
I dun use MM for comparison unless...

Hmm then 800psf to 900psf is safe bet?

ecimbew
20-01-11, 12:42
It has potential. But it is considered low-lying area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdFwOgPxTLc

ay123
20-01-11, 12:58
new expressway cannot be selling point right. only ready by 2020

ecimbew
20-01-11, 13:14
I stay in the north and the prices don't change much for the older condos. Yes, even when property prices elsewhere are having a bull run. :beats-me-man:

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 13:16

grrrrr only for vvip preview? :simmering:

wesing
20-01-11, 13:17
Should be at least $850. Not surprised if go above $900.

Fyi, a few units at old old Woodsvale (around 1300 sq ft) already transacting at $600 psf liao.

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 13:25
Should be at least $850. Not surprised if go above $900.

Fyi, a few units at old old Woodsvale (around 1300 sq ft) already transacting at $600 psf liao.

850psf? :scared-4: so expensive :doh: You can get rosewood suites 3 bedders below 800 psf, new one leh TOP around end Feb or early March. Upgraders can just move in and rent their flat out.

wesing
20-01-11, 13:32
850psf? :scared-4: so expensive :doh: You can get rosewood suites 3 bedders below 800 psf, new one leh TOP around end Feb or early March. Upgraders can just move in and rent their flat out.

Based on your logical deductions, people should not have bought Greenwich at over $1000 psf right? I am not that familiar with this area but I believed there must be ready built and not so old condos nearby that are a third cheaper:beats-me-man:

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 14:03
Based on your logical deductions, people should not have bought Greenwich at over $1000 psf right? I am not that familiar with this area but I believed there must be ready built and not so old condos nearby that are a third cheaper:beats-me-man:

Hmmm there are seletaris and sensoria near there selling at rank 6xx - 7xx psf. Both are FREEHOLD condos.

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:36

rosewood suites not next to causeway point what..somemore with FEO's new launch behind they will be enjoying a bit of noise

also farther to MRT as compared to CR

anyway last time Rosewood Suites launched at 500psf everyone pui chao nua now all miss the boat liao

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:37

Cheaper, yes, but not by a third...Casablanca and Rosewood selling around 700psf...Woodgrove Condo around 600++psf

ay123
20-01-11, 16:48
rosewood suites not next to causeway point what..somemore with FEO's new launch behind they will be enjoying a bit of noise

also farther to MRT as compared to CR

anyway last time Rosewood Suites launched at 500psf everyone pui chao nua now all miss the boat liao

where got 500psf, i was quoted 650psf for 2 bedrm not pool facing. luckily i miss the boat:D

devon_wh
20-01-11, 16:56
where got 500psf, i was quoted 650psf for 2 bedrm not pool facing. luckily i miss the boat:D

Yes, you are lucky! Canberra Residence location is better than Rosewood Suites. :spliff2:

ay123
20-01-11, 16:59
Yes, you are lucky! Canberra Residence location is better than Rosewood Suites. :spliff2:

but >800psf unless for own stay......no investment value

mantrix
20-01-11, 17:07
Those buyers must really like the place loh (Sembawang park, MRT, shopping centre, hawker centre or future sports hub)

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 17:54
Yishun stadium demolish n put there? Eye sore there

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 19:00
Yishun stadium demolish n put there? Eye sore there

Now not yet eyesore mah .... future then eyesore ... so wait TOP move in liao they build stadium eyesore liao sell lor .... but may be by then value never raise also hahaha!:rolleyes:

mantrix
20-01-11, 21:34
Now not yet eyesore mah .... future then eyesore ... so wait TOP move in liao they build stadium eyesore liao sell lor .... but may be by then value never raise also hahaha!:rolleyes:

I dun they are gonna demolish Yishun stadium lah

This is a new sports hub altogether

Wee Boon
20-01-11, 22:16
Those buyers must really like the place loh (Sembawang park, MRT, shopping centre, hawker centre or future sports hub)

I dun they are gonna demolish Yishun stadium lah

This is a new sports hub altogether

Sport hub can be selling point? :spliff:

Sembawang park go there feed mosquito ..... :scared-3:

Er.. where is the hawker center? nearby got meh? :confused:

I know opposite SSC got fried white mee hoon not bad, corner coffee shop got curry fish head also ok. :D

noblebaby
20-01-11, 22:38
Curry fish head there is popular... The thai food also not bad...

I know opposite SSC got fried white mee hoon not bad, corner coffee shop got curry fish head also ok. :D

zzz1
20-01-11, 23:16
Curry fish head there is popular... The thai food also not bad...
and a turtle soup stall ...business so so nia but is there for years...

mantrix
21-01-11, 06:27

Sports hub selling point for sportsmen :D

Sembawang Park badly needs a revamp lah, now is a camping ground for some malay families (no offence intended)

Hawker centre is the kopitiam - beyond like u said is the white bee hoon very yummy!

mantrix
21-01-11, 06:39
BTW preview starts today - anyone going?

I'll stick to my prediction of 150 units (though announced psf is 850) provided they launch ALL 320 units

Some here said 50, some said 80, let's see :)

NSE will be used as a selling factor LOL

noblebaby
21-01-11, 07:42
Called agent last nite said no price yet... But 1pm is for those 100% sure buy... 4pm for those 50% sure buy

I'll stick to my prediction of 150 units (though announced psf is 850) provided they launch ALL 320 units

Wee Boon
21-01-11, 07:53

Preview must make appointment ah? :confused:

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 07:54
12 am for look see look see only. Too ex lah.

noblebaby
21-01-11, 08:37
preview must give cheque...

think 3 bedder at most $800psf... who want to stay there?!?

Preview must make appointment ah? :confused: