PDA

View Full Version : Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

fafalulu
19-04-11, 11:04
Hey guys, anyone knows that any projects ard geylang, kembangan and balestiar below $600k going to TOP before 2013???

Think most of them TOP 2014..

AK47
19-04-11, 14:47
It will last a long long time.

If brothel are shut. Streetwalker will roam the streets. Clever OKTs will operate illegally from apartment and hotel instead.

Better let them be.

anyone have idea how long the brothel license lasts? Is the govt still renewing their licenses?

Fleur
19-04-11, 15:22
[QUOTE=AK47]It will last a long long time.

If brothel are shut. Streetwalker will roam the streets. Clever OKTs will operate illegally from apartment and hotel instead.

Better let them be.[/QUOTE

In today's society, do we really need brothels? Look at other countries. Prostitution can still exist without brothels and with low related crime rate.

Geylang OKT
19-04-11, 22:19
It will last a long long time.

Better let them be.

Bro.. please donch kick me out of business! :scared-1: :scared-1: :D

kaizhe
22-04-11, 06:47
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-45.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-45a.pdf

The 1st development in Paya lebar business hub has drawn 10 bids. Geylang properties good luck!:D

irisng
22-04-11, 12:35

The 1st development in Paya lebar business hub has drawn 10 bids. Geylang properties good luck!:D

Thanks for the links.

Geylang OKT
22-04-11, 23:51
if u own a big unit(3bedder) in geylang...u can rent to 6-8 mei meis.....3k/.mth....$500 pax

but now wif these MMs....buyers nid at least 1.5k rental (450-550k)to make it worthwhile.....each MMs at least accomodate 2 mei mei?.....mabe buy 2bedder got chance squeeze in 3 mei mei....1.5-1.8k abit chance:beats-me-man:

1 mattress is just S$10-15 per night :D

6 mattress to a room. 3 bedrooms.

You do the maths :D

irisng
23-04-11, 09:12

The links are a good news to those who have the properties around that area. At least now the govt has started to do something, not just say say and then forget about it. :cheers6:

I still think that it wll be much better if red-light area can re-locate to somewhere where there are lesser residential area. Since Geylang is such a centralise area with good food around, it is a shame that family with children are advised not to stay within those Lorongs areas. :banghead:

teddybear
23-04-11, 09:30
Think quite difficult. Because of other non-vice activities, e.g. good food etc, there, people can say they go Geylang for food and not vice. If re-located to an area where there is only vice and nothing else, what excuse can you give when you are spotted there? :p

The links are a good news to those who have the properties around that area. At least now the govt has started to do something, not just say say and then forget about it. :cheers6:

I still think that it wll be much better if red-light area can re-locate to somewhere where there are lesser residential area. Since Geylang is such a centralise area with good food around, it is a shame that family with children are advised not to stay within those Lorongs areas. :banghead:

devilplate
23-04-11, 09:33

u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

for me....there is no better place other den geylang....city fringe area is always the best for such activities.....and geylang dun hf HDBs.....developer choose to build MMs there for obvious reasons.....

govt shd try to contain activites within tat few lorongs.....its spreading:hell-hath-no-fury: :doh:

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....

Fleur
23-04-11, 10:11
[QUOTE=devilplate]u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

for me....there is no better place other den geylang....city fringe area is always the best for such activities.....and geylang dun hf HDBs.....developer choose to build MMs there for obvious reasons.....

govt shd try to contain activites within tat few lorongs.....its spreading:hell-hath-no-fury: :doh:

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....[/QUOT

There are hdb in lorong 3.

kaizhe
23-04-11, 10:23

I can give u one more good news :)

The land parcel in front of the city plaza is going to put on sale next month, it is going to be a shopping mall + hotel ;)

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2010/pr10-137.html

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-137a34.pdf

devilplate
23-04-11, 10:28

The land parcel in front of the city plaza is going to put on sale next month, it is going to be a shopping mall + hotel ;)

its more like gd news for those vested in butterworth vincinity:p

Geylang OKT
23-04-11, 10:35
its more like gd news for those vested in butterworth vincinity:p

My friend, that is D15 and not D14 hor :D

irisng
23-04-11, 10:36
u tink its better to shift becoz u hf put ur money into it....

and even if geylang become clean one day.....the px of the MMs there will not move up much....its oredi severely overpriced.....perhaps only the regular sized apts there will see gd capital appreciation.....many still 6xxpsf only....

No doubt I have bought a property there, though capital appreciation and rental yield are my initial intention of buying the apartment but I have always hope to stay somewhere around the central. Currently, I'm staying somewhere in the west and there is no MRT. From my working place, I have to take about 45 mins to 1 hour bus journey and another 20 mins walk to my home. Recently, my company wants to purchase a property in Kallang Avenue and there is a likelihood that we might be shifting there which make it worse, there is no bus service to and fro my home. Frankly speaking, I like the apartment with the skypool, so I have been thinking whether should I stay there and rent out my current EC. But the only consideration is the red-light area that draw me back because I still have a daughter. I'm sure that most of the residents there will welcome the move not only for capital appreciation but also to avoid the contact of "those eyes" as much as possible. :tongue3:

focus
23-04-11, 10:38
Think quite difficult. Because of other non-vice activities, e.g. good food etc, there, people can say they go Geylang for food and not vice. If re-located to an area where there is only vice and nothing else, what excuse can you give when you are spotted there? :p

Vice is a micro-economy...
where the vice goes, the other businesses will go.

So you will still good food, internet cafe, etc etc...

devilplate
23-04-11, 10:46
No doubt I have bought a property there, though capital appreciation and rental yield are my initial intention of buying the apartment but I have always hope to stay somewhere around the central. Currently, I'm staying somewhere in the west and there is no MRT. From my working place, I have to take about 45 mins to 1 hour bus journey and another 20 mins walk to my home. Recently, my company wants to purchase a property in Kallang Avenue and there is a likelihood that we might be shifting there which make it worse, there is no bus service to and fro my home. Frankly speaking, I like the apartment with the skypool, so I have been thinking whether should I stay there and rent out my current EC. But the only consideration is the red-light area that draw me back because I still have a daughter. I'm sure that most of the residents there will welcome the move not only for capital appreciation but also to avoid the contact of "those eyes" as much as possible. :tongue3:

there r always other areas to consider....but since u oredi bot smthing....den bopian liao....MMs near to kembangan and eunos actually suits u better(along E-W line....easy to get u to kallang)....and px hovering ard 1300psf....jus slightly more den geylang MM at 1200psf

our bro mlm jus sold his decent sized 1 bedder near kembangan mrt....ready to move in or collect rental

irisng
23-04-11, 11:14
there r always other areas to consider....but since u oredi bot smthing....den bopian liao....MMs near to kembangan and eunos actually suits u better(along E-W line....easy to get u to kallang)....and px hovering ard 1300psf....jus slightly more den geylang MM at 1200psf

our bro mlm jus sold his decent sized 1 bedder near kembangan mrt....ready to move in or collect rental

Sorry, I have been seeing MM in this forum very often, actually what is the complete word?

devilplate
23-04-11, 11:17
Sorry, I have been seeing MM in this forum very often, actually what is the complete word?

mickey mouse, minnie mouse, micro mouse...whichever lor....hehe

irisng
23-04-11, 11:20

Anyway, still thanks for your efforts in providing the links. People staying around or near to that area will have more alternatives for shopping.:cheers1:

Regulators
23-04-11, 11:21
I think those many older freehold projects in geylang going for 7xxpsf seems more attractive to buy than the new ones

irisng
23-04-11, 11:24
mickey mouse, minnie mouse, micro mouse...whichever lor....hehe

Oh, what a unique name! Such name is given is it because the size of the apartments are small? :doh:

devilplate
23-04-11, 11:39
I think those many older freehold projects in geylang going for 7xxpsf seems more attractive to buy than the new ones

but our sis irisng may wana move in wif her daughter mah....geylang only suitable for single male lor....

remember i told u about my relative....trying to let go their family sized apt(without facilities) in odd lorong 30+ last yr......took a long time to sell and only sell slightly above 600psf.....but if geylang is clean one day, how much u tink it can fetch?

btw, jus realised atrium residence hit 850psf for a 818sqft unit:scared-5:

irisng
23-04-11, 11:46

Though the unit price is low but if the floor area is big, you still have to come out with a substantial amount of money. For those who wish to have their own private ppty but can only afford $500K to $600K, smaller apartment with slightly higher unit price will be within their budget, because if you multiply by the floor area, it is still affordable.

If the unit price is $700 psf and the floor area is more than >1k then the final purchase price will not be that cheap for those people who have a budget.

devilplate
23-04-11, 11:54
Though the unit price is low but if the floor area is big, you still have to come out with a substantial amount of money. For those who wish to have their own private ppty but can only afford $500K to $600K, smaller apartment with slightly higher unit price will be within their budget, because if you multiply by the floor area, it is still affordable.

If the unit price is $700 psf and the floor area is more than >1k then the final purchase price will not be that cheap for those people who have a budget.

but the psf disparity is too too much liao....

take 8courtyard for eg....smallest 1bedder of 452sqft ard 950-1kpsf.....and regular sized 2bedder of 861sqft ard 750psf....its about 200psf difference.....

but hor geylang MMs psf disparity is too much to swallow....

irisng
23-04-11, 11:56
but our sis irisng may wana move in wif her daughter mah....geylang only suitable for single male lor....

remember i told u about my relative....trying to let go their family sized apt(without facilities) in odd lorong 30+ last yr......took a long time to sell and only sell slightly above 600psf.....but if geylang is clean one day, how much u tink it can fetch?

btw, jus realised atrium residence hit 850psf for a 818sqft unit:scared-5:

Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!!

Geylang OKT
23-04-11, 12:20

Friend, you had better do your homework properly. Many older geylang freehold projects are going for a song, approx at just $500psf to $600psf at best :D :D :D

Fleur
23-04-11, 12:29
[QUOTE=irisng]Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!![/QUOTE

Aiyo, should not sound so desperate when buying properties. Stay positive, as properties is a long term investment. Although I myself would not buy even lorong geylang properties, some gurus have actually came out to say geylang is a developing area. Just think, when atrium was launched, the owners had problems getting bank loans, but not now with the recent launches.

Also, it is unfair to compare psf with 8 courtyards. The comparison was new mm and two bedder within the same development, whereas we are talking about new mm with old condo and even old apartments without facilities in geylang. I was looking at nv and the differential within the same development was about 400 psf. If you talk nv mm and old condo in pasir ris, it can be about 500 psf.

devilplate
23-04-11, 12:37
Also, it is unfair to compare psf with 8 courtyards. The comparison was new mm and two bedder within the same development, whereas we are talking about new mm with old condo and even old apartments without facilities in geylang. I was looking at nv and the differential within the same development was about 400 psf. If you talk nv mm and old condo in pasir ris, it can be about 500 psf.

i noticed NV 1bedder selling 11xxpsf and 3bedder 7xxpsf during preview launch....any smart person will grab the bigger units rather den 1bedder....

however, in general....mm px disparity shdnt vary by so much.....and its vy dangerous to use the worse example to compare.....bcoz u hf the choice....always sniff out the best deals....

i din use waterfront isle as an example oredi....their 1bedder psf is almost similar to their 2bedder psf.....and our savvy investors in this forum bot the 1bedders:spliff:

jwong71
23-04-11, 12:52
Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!!

God can only help us this much after given us a brain to think, eyes to see and ears to listen. :D

Fleur
23-04-11, 13:03
i noticed NV 1bedder selling 11xxpsf and 3bedder 7xxpsf during preview launch....any smart person will grab the bigger units rather den 1bedder....

however, in general....mm px disparity shdnt vary by so much.....and its vy dangerous to use the worse example to compare.....bcoz u hf the choice....always sniff out the best deals....

i din use waterfront isle as an example oredi....their 1bedder psf is almost similar to their 2bedder psf.....and our savvy investors in this forum bot the 1bedders:spliff:

True about sniffing out the best deals. How about this? Bedok court near to existing mrt at 6xx psf compared to waterfront isle mm at almost 1100 psf near future mrt? Unfair comparison? Sure it is. I don't have any issues with psf differential as long as there are readily buyers.

Regulators
23-04-11, 13:04
I think I overestimated liao :D I find geylang very tempting, not the vice there but the property prices, but I don't have the guys to dump my money there.
Friend, you had better do your homework properly. Many older geylang freehold projects are going for a song, approx at just $500psf to $600psf at best :D :D :D

Fleur
23-04-11, 13:04
God can only help us this much after given us a brain to think, eyes to see and ears to listen. :D

That is rather unkind.

irisng
23-04-11, 13:06
[quote=irisng]Ya lor, I'm prepared for the worst. sighhhh....

With so many properties coming out in the Geylang area and their prices are so much more attractive, I also doubt that I can fetch a good price now if I want to sell. Just hope that with the Paya Lebar Hub, some miracles might happen. Oh God, pls help!![/QUOTE

Aiyo, should not sound so desperate when buying properties. Stay positive, as properties is a long term investment. Although I myself would not buy even lorong geylang properties, some gurus have actually came out to say geylang is a developing area. Just think, when atrium was launched, the owners had problems getting bank loans, but not now with the recent launches.

Few more years, I will reach my retirement age, I don't have much time and money to spare. We bought property is for our old age retirement plan. As money value is getting smaller and smaller, that's why we invest in property.

devilplate
23-04-11, 13:07
True about sniffing out the best deals. How about this? Bedok court near to existing mrt at 6xx psf compared to waterfront isle mm at almost 1100 psf near future mrt? Unfair comparison? Sure it is. I don't have any issues with psf differential as long as there are readily buyers.

ur $$...can flip den gd for u lor.....no hard feelings:cheers6:

jus curious....u bot La Fleur? hmmm but u mentioned u wun touch Even lorong

Regulators
23-04-11, 13:18
Congrats on nearing retirement, for me still distant horizon. What is most important is enjoy your life, wherever you live coz when it comes to a certain stage in life, time more previous than money liao
[quote=Fleur]

Few more years, I will reach my retirement age, I don't have much time and money to spare. We bought property is for our old age retirement plan. As money value is getting smaller and smaller, that's why we invest in property.

irisng
23-04-11, 13:18

Is okay, sometimes it is good to say it out rather than keep it to yourself. I don't want to get any depression, hey hey.:ashamed1:

jwong71
23-04-11, 13:24
That is rather unkind.
Wait til reality bites, like the cycle in 1996-1997 etc..
That will be the most unkind.

Vices will stay on for good,becos it's centralished making easier for all corners of police stations and CID within their reach.

Fleur
23-04-11, 13:30

Haha, I like this kind of objective intellectual debate with you.

Nay, I had this nick long before la fleur exist. No offense to owners of la fleur but this is one of the silliest name for a condo, especially in geylang when the last thing would be to be associated with the sleaze.

irisng
23-04-11, 13:33

Sometimes, I found that your words are really too much. We are not GOD. Everybody makes mistakes, nobody is perfect, maybe you are the only exceptional one. To be more positive, whether this is a wrong move or not, wait until 5 yrs later or more for the Paya Lebar Hub to complete, then the answer will be out.

irisng
23-04-11, 13:38
[quote=Regulators]Congrats on nearing retirement, for me still distant horizon. What is most important is enjoy your life, wherever you live coz when it comes to a certain stage in life, time more previous than money liao

I agree, that's why if I can make some money from this property, I will use the money to travel and wait for the time to come, haha.

devilplate
23-04-11, 13:40
Sometimes, I found that your words are really too much. We are not GOD. Everybody makes mistakes, nobody is perfect, maybe you are the only exceptional one. To be more positive, whether this is a wrong move or not, wait until 5 yrs later or more for the Paya Lebar Hub to complete, then the answer will be out.

relax sis....;)

anyway, i believe there will be tenants willing to rent ur ppty....its only a matter of how much u can fetch....

FYI: many criticise Cosmo....a project just outside geylang....a MM of about 400sqft fetches 2.4-2.7k a mth;)

jwong71
23-04-11, 13:42
Dont need to wait for the 5yrs or hub. Gd luck waiting for the hub when there are plenty of projects at kembangan, for the banks to loan at ease. I think is better to wait for the ALL banks willing to loan those old existing even lorongs geylang projects at 80% first.

I not god, do make mistakes but I don't screwed myself big time.

devilplate
23-04-11, 13:42
[quote=Regulators]Congrats on nearing retirement, for me still distant horizon. What is most important is enjoy your life, wherever you live coz when it comes to a certain stage in life, time more previous than money liao

I agree, that's why if I can make some money from this property, I will use the money to travel and wait for the time to come, haha.

dun flip aso nvm lor....rent out for mabe 2k shd be ok for u rite? den keep it for ur son since its a FH ppty....can keep until it breakeven or finally make some profit:cheers6:

irisng
23-04-11, 13:43
Wait til reality bites, like the cycle in 1996-1997 etc..
That will be the most unkind.

Vices will stay on for good,becos it's centralished making easier for all corners of police stations and CID within their reach.

Then it will be a free publicize for Geylang, hehe.

devilplate
23-04-11, 13:46
Dont need to wait for the 5yrs or hub. Gd luck waiting for the hub when there are plenty of projects at kembangan, for the banks to loan at ease. I think is better to wait for the ALL banks willing to loan those old existing even lorongs geylang projects at 80% first.

I not god, do make mistakes but I don't screwed myself big time.

come to tink about it,....recently sold out project Centra Hts is a better bet den those even lorong MMs....

sims ave address.....jus like cosmo having guillemard address....makes a hell lotsa diff....can expect centra hts MM to fetch about 2.5k pm based on current market

irisng
23-04-11, 13:51
[quote=irisng]

dun flip aso nvm lor....rent out for mabe 2k shd be ok for u rite? den keep it for ur son since its a FH ppty....can keep until it breakeven or finally make some profit:cheers6:

Thanks, we have such planning too, to wait for breakeven or some small profit margin. Wise man think alike, haha.:cool:

irisng
23-04-11, 13:53
come to tink about it,....recently sold out project Centra Hts is a better bet den those even lorong MMs....

sims ave address.....jus like cosmo having guillemard address....makes a hell lotsa diff....can expect centra hts MM to fetch about 2.5k pm based on current market

Good luck to Central Heights @ Sims.

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 15:02
One should be more ambitious like "since retirement is still a distant horizon, achieve sufficient passive income from property and other investments to retire in say 2 years time". That should be your goal instead of achieving your company's goal for eg. going listing in two years, if are an employee.
[quote=devilplate]

Thanks, we have such planning too, to wait for breakeven or some small profit margin. Wise man think alike, haha.:cool:

irisng
23-04-11, 15:23
[quote=DC33_2008]One should be more ambitious like "since retirement is still a distant horizon, achieve sufficient passive income from property and other investments to retire in say 2 years time". That should be your goal instead of achieving your company's goal for eg. going listing in two years, if are an employee.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 15:39
Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.
[quote=DC33_2008]One should be more ambitious like "since retirement is still a distant horizon, achieve sufficient passive income from property and other investments to retire in say 2 years time". That should be your goal instead of achieving your company's goal for eg. going listing in two years, if are an employee.

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

Fleur
23-04-11, 15:54
http://hsrproperty.com/2009/11/16/patrick-liew-ceo-of-hsrthe-leader-of-the-pack/

Read Patrick liew's comments on geylang in one of last para.

devilplate
23-04-11, 16:10
http://hsrproperty.com/2009/11/16/patrick-liew-ceo-of-hsrthe-leader-of-the-pack/

i am sure he is refering to those 6xxpsf geylang apts and not 12xxpsf MMs:p

triple confirmed!!! as the article is posted on nov 2009.....MM geylang havent born yet

kaizhe
23-04-11, 16:15
aiya dun fight la, any nice showroom to visit to spend this boring saturday? :cool:

irisng
23-04-11, 16:22
[quote=DC33_2008]Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.

Yes, our initial plan is to buy a 2nd property so that after our retirement, we can collect the rent for our daily allowance or the rent can help to service our loan and we still have the 2nd property in hand. But one thing for sure, our net rental income from the fully paid properties won't be that much of $10k or more.

Now, I'm a bit lost, not sure whether did I enter at the right time and the right location. My plan and thinking seems to go a bit "hay-wire" now. The only thing I can do now is wait till TOP and see how is the market condition and decide from there.:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 16:36
$10,000 is just an example. Not sure how much you will really need for the kind of lifestyle you want to have. It is never too late. One will have to plan for it. There is a saying that: Man is selfish. You can strategize like sell before TOP if price is right. Stay in condo and lease out EC if rental yield is better than condo rental yield. All of us started like you with one property.

[quote=DC33_2008]Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.

Yes, our initial plan is to buy a 2nd property so that after our retirement, we can collect the rent for our daily allowance or the rent can help to service our loan and we still have the 2nd property in hand. But one thing for sure, our net rental income from the fully paid properties won't be that much of $10k or more.

Now, I'm a bit lost, not sure whether did I enter at the right time and the right location. My plan and thinking seems to go a bit "hay-wire" now. The only thing I can do now is wait till TOP and see how is the market condition and decide from there.:beats-me-man:

irisng
23-04-11, 16:59
[quote=DC33_2008]$10,000 is just an example. Not sure how much you will really need for the kind of lifestyle you want to have. It is never too late. One will have to plan for it. There is a saying that: Man is selfish. You can strategize like sell before TOP if price is right. Stay in condo and lease out EC if rental yield is better than condo rental yield. All of us started like you with one property.

Thank you so much but some said that Geylang is not a place for a family to stay, what do you think?

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 17:01
It depends how far from epic centre.
[quote=DC33_2008]$10,000 is just an example. Not sure how much you will really need for the kind of lifestyle you want to have. It is never too late. One will have to plan for it. There is a saying that: Man is selfish. You can strategize like sell before TOP if price is right. Stay in condo and lease out EC if rental yield is better than condo rental yield. All of us started like you with one property.

Thank you so much but some said that Geylang is not a place for a family to stay, what do you think?

irisng
23-04-11, 17:02

Thanks for the link. Though the report is in 2009, at least the expert has seen the potential in Geylang.

irisng
23-04-11, 17:03
[quote=DC33_2008]It depends how far from epic centre.

My property is in Lorong 28.

Regulators
23-04-11, 17:09
if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

irisng
23-04-11, 17:12
[quote=Regulators]if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

Oh, I have a son and a daughter in their early 20s.

teddybear
23-04-11, 17:13
An issue also because the son will think touch here & there & visiting prostitute is very normal. :p

if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

[QUOTE=irisng]

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 17:15
Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturn comes. Gather information and make your own judgement.

irisng
23-04-11, 17:15
An issue also because the son will think touch here & there & visiting prostitute is very normal. :p

[quote=Regulators]if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

Headache ah.....:doh:

irisng
23-04-11, 17:21
[quote=DC33_2008]Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturns come.

The problem is I'm affected by the new rules on the seller stamp fee that I can only sell after 4 years in order to avoid the stamp fee payt.

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 17:23
Oh! I see! Just wait and monitor the price.
[quote=DC33_2008]Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturns come.

The problem is I'm affected by the new rules on the seller stamp fee that I can only sell after 4 years in order to avoid the stamp fee payt.

kaizhe
23-04-11, 17:27

ya lor, no point to worry now la, just hold it for 4 years then see how lor. Go worry other things else instead!

fafalulu
23-04-11, 17:31

Not to worry, mine lor 14:) :)

irisng
23-04-11, 17:46
[quote=irisng]

ya lor, no point to worry now la, just hold it for 4 years then see how lor. Go worry other things else instead!

You are right, wait till the TOP or after 4 years and see how is the market condition then decide. Cheers! :cheers6: :cheers6: :cheers6:

maisonjai
23-04-11, 19:14
30 Apr 10~11pm, go have supper with ur hubby at that bean curd & yu tiao store at corner of Lor 27A. After that have a slow drive around lor 28 & get some real feel. :cheers4:

irisng
23-04-11, 20:33
[quote=irisng]

Not to worry, mine lor 14:) :)

Oh, I have "kaki".

irisng
23-04-11, 20:36
30 Apr 10~11pm, go have supper with ur hubby at that bean curd & yu tiao store at corner of Lor 27A. After that have a slow drive around lor 28 & get some real feel. :cheers4:

Not free on that day, going to KL. Don't want to think about it anymore.:cool:

Geylang OKT
23-04-11, 23:08
Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.

Points to Ponder

The philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on
the table in front of him. When the class began, he picked up a very
large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks
about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into
the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled
into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of
course, the sand filled up everything else.

He then asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and
proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar, effectively
filling the empty space between the grains of sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the
important things -- your family, your spouse, your health, your
children -- things that if everything else was lost and only they
remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your
house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first there is no room for the
pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all
your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for
the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things
that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take
time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out dancing. There
will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner
party and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set
your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and asked, "What does the beer represent?"

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you
that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a
couple of beers."

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

aceivan
24-04-11, 21:21
Thanks Geylang OKT.
Love it!
Thanks for sharing!

DC33_2008
25-04-11, 10:37
How about the air?
Points to Ponder

The philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on
the table in front of him. When the class began, he picked up a very
large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks
about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into
the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled
into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of
course, the sand filled up everything else.

He then asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and
proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar, effectively
filling the empty space between the grains of sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the
important things -- your family, your spouse, your health, your
children -- things that if everything else was lost and only they
remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your
house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first there is no room for the
pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all
your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for
the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things
that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take
time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out dancing. There
will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner
party and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set
your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and asked, "What does the beer represent?"

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you
that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a
couple of beers."

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

Lovelle
25-04-11, 11:27

these are words coming out fr a wise man indeed

devilplate
25-04-11, 11:40

these are words coming out fr a wise man indeed

in another forum....my quotation is:work hard for ur coy but work much harder for urself:D

DC33_2008
25-04-11, 13:17
It depends at which stage the person is in. One still has to work hard in the company to have salary to pay for the monthly instalment of the home loan (rent cannot cover instalment) or can save it for partial capital repayment (rent can cover instalment) when interest goes up.
[quote=Lovelle]

in another forum....my quotation is:work hard for ur coy but work much harder for urself:D

Lovelle
25-04-11, 14:29
my quotation would be, you don't want to work your life off....taken fr an Oz fren..

kaizhe
26-04-11, 04:42
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11200

The details of the land parcel bid recently....

Published April 22, 2011

LKH consortium tops Paya Lebar land bids

It bids $585.6m or $872 psf ppr for 99-year leasehold commercial plot, pipping nine other offers

By UMA SHANKARI

A CONSORTIUM led by Low Keng Huat (Singapore) beat nine other offers - including those from heavyweights such as CapitaLand, Far East Organization and Hong Leong Group - with its top bid for a commercial land parcel in Paya Lebar Central.

Low Keng Huat, together with partners Guthrie Properties and Sun Venture, offered $585.6 million or $872 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold plot at the close of the state tender yesterday.

Low Keng Huat, which holds the majority stake in the consortium, said it intends to build an 'iconic' development which will appeal to end-users on the site.

The company is keen on the site as it is next to Paya Lebar MRT station and will benefit from the government's plan to develop Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre, it said.

The developers have to set aside at least 80 per cent of the total gross floor area (GFA) of 671,450 sq ft for office use. The remaining 20 per cent will be retail space, Low Keng Huat added.

The consortium's bid was some 12 per cent above the second highest bid, which was from Hong Leong Group. Hong Leong offered $521 million or $776 psf ppr.

The top bid was also 76 per cent higher than the lowest bid, which was from Frasers Centrepoint and the ARA Asia Dragon Fund. The partners offered $332 million or $494 psf ppr.

Other bidders included Keppel Land and Temasek Holdings' property arm Mapletree Investments.

Analysts predicted a top bid in the range of $500-600 psf ppr for the site when the tender was launched in January 2011.

Cushman & Wakefield managing director Donald Han said yesterday that the top bid 'seems aggressive'. But he pointed out that the outlook for the office market has picked up since the site was launched for sale three months ago.

The bullish bids were underpinned by the demand for more affordable office space outside the central business district (CBD), which investors are trying to capitalise on, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui.

'Between 1992 and 2010, the growth in supply of office space has been strongest in the fringe area (a growth of 135 per cent), even higher than downtown core (where there was growth of 81 per cent), and this reflects the build-up in response to demand for more affordable office space outside CBD,' said Mr Ong.

Analysts noted that if the site is developed into a quality commercial development, it will boost the government's objective of growing Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre. This site is the first plot the government has offered for sale in the area. The strong demand from developers means that the government is likely to release more sites in Paya Lebar Central in the second half of this year, Mr Han added.

The government's vision is for Paya Lebar Central to become a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel and public spaces. The precinct has about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.

sing
27-04-11, 12:19
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11200

The details of the land parcel bid recently....

Published April 22, 2011

LKH consortium tops Paya Lebar land bids

It bids $585.6m or $872 psf ppr for 99-year leasehold commercial plot, pipping nine other offers

By UMA SHANKARI

A CONSORTIUM led by Low Keng Huat (Singapore) beat nine other offers - including those from heavyweights such as CapitaLand, Far East Organization and Hong Leong Group - with its top bid for a commercial land parcel in Paya Lebar Central.

Low Keng Huat, together with partners Guthrie Properties and Sun Venture, offered $585.6 million or $872 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold plot at the close of the state tender yesterday.

Low Keng Huat, which holds the majority stake in the consortium, said it intends to build an 'iconic' development which will appeal to end-users on the site.

The company is keen on the site as it is next to Paya Lebar MRT station and will benefit from the government's plan to develop Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre, it said.

The developers have to set aside at least 80 per cent of the total gross floor area (GFA) of 671,450 sq ft for office use. The remaining 20 per cent will be retail space, Low Keng Huat added.

The consortium's bid was some 12 per cent above the second highest bid, which was from Hong Leong Group. Hong Leong offered $521 million or $776 psf ppr.

The top bid was also 76 per cent higher than the lowest bid, which was from Frasers Centrepoint and the ARA Asia Dragon Fund. The partners offered $332 million or $494 psf ppr.

Other bidders included Keppel Land and Temasek Holdings' property arm Mapletree Investments.

Analysts predicted a top bid in the range of $500-600 psf ppr for the site when the tender was launched in January 2011.

Cushman & Wakefield managing director Donald Han said yesterday that the top bid 'seems aggressive'. But he pointed out that the outlook for the office market has picked up since the site was launched for sale three months ago.

The bullish bids were underpinned by the demand for more affordable office space outside the central business district (CBD), which investors are trying to capitalise on, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui.

'Between 1992 and 2010, the growth in supply of office space has been strongest in the fringe area (a growth of 135 per cent), even higher than downtown core (where there was growth of 81 per cent), and this reflects the build-up in response to demand for more affordable office space outside CBD,' said Mr Ong.

Analysts noted that if the site is developed into a quality commercial development, it will boost the government's objective of growing Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre. This site is the first plot the government has offered for sale in the area. The strong demand from developers means that the government is likely to release more sites in Paya Lebar Central in the second half of this year, Mr Han added.

The government's vision is for Paya Lebar Central to become a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel and public spaces. The precinct has about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.

Yeah! so govt has taken the action now. Wonder when will the govt take action on the red-light area. There are rumours saying that it might be relocated to Kovan but some says to Kranji, but how far is it true? I'm sure that most of the Geylang residents are very concerned about this issue as it is not safe for a single woman to come back late in the night. Almost similar question was raised in another forum.

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:26
Yeah! so govt has taken the action now. Wonder when will the govt take action on the red-light area. There are rumours saying that it might be relocated to Kovan but some says to Kranji, but how far is it true? I'm sure that most of the Geylang residents are very concerned about this issue as it is not safe for a single woman to come back late in the night. Almost similar question was raised in another forum.

some say shift to JB:tongue3:

sing
27-04-11, 12:44
some say shift to JB:tongue3:

JB? Is it possible?

kaizhe
27-04-11, 14:08

which forum u refer to? and wat relationship u have with our big sis irisng...? u are her daughter/son?.......:ashamed1:

kaizhe
27-04-11, 14:11

slowly it will be moved out but it will take some times...wat i know there is a hotel in geylang going to be demolished and new residential project will be built up there...at least this is a good news, maybe after sometimes more n more hotel going to be transformed into residential site? :sleep:

kaizhe
27-04-11, 14:17

anyway, the tender is confirmed, it is awarded to the highest bid siong feng with $872psf....can u imagine when the project completed, how much rental can be fetched? :ashamed1:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-49.html

devilplate
27-04-11, 15:03
buy waterbank better(1 stop to paya lebar):D ....geylang will always hf the bad reputation.....LOL:p

proud owner
27-04-11, 15:12

ironically

it is the safest place for any woman to be walking around in the night

firstly its always crowded
secondly ..they know they have to pay ... so rape is almost zero

sing
27-04-11, 18:40
which forum u refer to? and wat relationship u have with our big sis irisng...? u are her daughter/son?.......:ashamed1:

I'm neither her daughter nor her son. I got the question from the following forum.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/question/80580/is-the-red-light-district-going-to-be-redeveloped-/general-questions

kaizhe
27-04-11, 19:34
buy waterbank better(1 stop to paya lebar):D ....geylang will always hf the bad reputation.....LOL:p

like that aljuneid, eunos, macpherson all also 1 stop away from paya lebar, huat ah!

kaizhe
31-05-11, 20:48
31 May 2011

URA releases the second land parcel in Paya Lebar Central for sale on the Reserve List

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) released the detailed sales conditions for the commercial site at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road. This is the second land parcel to be made available for sale in Paya Lebar Central1.

Paya Lebar Central

Located at the fringe of the city centre, Paya Lebar Central is envisaged to be a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel developments and attractive public spaces. The precinct has in total about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than 500,000 sq m. Paya Lebar Central has the potential to be a sizeable fringe commercial centre, catering to businesses that do not need to be located within the CBD. An artist impression of the Paya Lebar Central is provided in Annex 1.

Land Parcel at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road

The land parcel at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road is located next to Paya Lebar Interchange MRT Station and has excellent frontage along Paya Lebar Road, Sims Avenue, Tanjong Katong Road and Geylang Road. The sale of the site will continue the development momentum of transforming Paya Lebar Central into a major commercial centre located at the fringe of city centre.

The 2.07 ha site, which can generate about 87,000 sqm of GFA, is envisioned to be good-quality mixed-use development comprising office, hotel and retail uses. At least 40% and 15% of the maximum permissible GFA of the proposed development on the subject site will be set aside for office and hotel use respectively. The remaining GFA can be for additional office, hotel, retail, entertainment or food & beverage uses so as to help build up the critical mass of activities that will anchor Paya Lebar Central as a prominent commercial hub.

A section of Geylang River flows through the sale site and provides an opportunity for the successful tenderer to integrate the water body into the future development and bring life to the riverbanks. The developer is encouraged to transform the river into a clean, dynamic and aesthetically pleasing waterway as part of the implementation of PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC Waters) Programme. Recreational facilities and communal spaces such as boardwalks, promenades and bridges can be built over the waterway or along the landscaped river banks to enhance the attractiveness and uniqueness of the proposed development. An artist impression of the waterway, integrated with the development, is provided in Annex 2.

Other Details

The details of the land parcel and the location plan are provided in Annex 3 and Annex 4 respectively. More details of the site are available on the URA website: http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/SimsAveTgKg/MA/SimsAveTgKg-intro(MA).html.

Under the Government’s Reserve List system, the land parcel at Sims Avenue / Tanjong Katong Road will be released for sale if the criteria for the triggering of the site are met2. When the site is put up for tender, a tender period of about 8 weeks will be allowed before tender closes.

1 The first sale site in at Paya Lebar Road/Eunos Road 8 was launched for tender on 27 January 2011 for commercial use and was successfully sold to the highest tenderer on 27 Apr 2011.
2 The Government will put up a Reserve List site for public tender if it receives an application from a developer who commits, by signing an agreement and paying a deposit of 3% of the bid price, to bid for the site at or above the minimum price which is acceptable to the Government. The Government will also consider launching a Reserve List site for sale if it receives sufficient market interest for the site. A site is deemed to have received sufficient market interest if more than one unrelated party submit minimum prices that are close to the Government’s Reserve Price for the site within a reasonable period.

fafalulu
01-06-11, 15:59
from zaobao

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/cs/cs110601_007.shtml

31 May 2011

URA releases the second land parcel in Paya Lebar Central for sale on the Reserve List

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) released the detailed sales conditions for the commercial site at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road. This is the second land parcel to be made available for sale in Paya Lebar Central1.

Paya Lebar Central

Located at the fringe of the city centre, Paya Lebar Central is envisaged to be a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel developments and attractive public spaces. The precinct has in total about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than 500,000 sq m. Paya Lebar Central has the potential to be a sizeable fringe commercial centre, catering to businesses that do not need to be located within the CBD. An artist impression of the Paya Lebar Central is provided in Annex 1.

Land Parcel at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road

The land parcel at Sims Avenue/Tanjong Katong Road is located next to Paya Lebar Interchange MRT Station and has excellent frontage along Paya Lebar Road, Sims Avenue, Tanjong Katong Road and Geylang Road. The sale of the site will continue the development momentum of transforming Paya Lebar Central into a major commercial centre located at the fringe of city centre.

The 2.07 ha site, which can generate about 87,000 sqm of GFA, is envisioned to be good-quality mixed-use development comprising office, hotel and retail uses. At least 40% and 15% of the maximum permissible GFA of the proposed development on the subject site will be set aside for office and hotel use respectively. The remaining GFA can be for additional office, hotel, retail, entertainment or food & beverage uses so as to help build up the critical mass of activities that will anchor Paya Lebar Central as a prominent commercial hub.

A section of Geylang River flows through the sale site and provides an opportunity for the successful tenderer to integrate the water body into the future development and bring life to the riverbanks. The developer is encouraged to transform the river into a clean, dynamic and aesthetically pleasing waterway as part of the implementation of PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC Waters) Programme. Recreational facilities and communal spaces such as boardwalks, promenades and bridges can be built over the waterway or along the landscaped river banks to enhance the attractiveness and uniqueness of the proposed development. An artist impression of the waterway, integrated with the development, is provided in Annex 2.

Other Details

The details of the land parcel and the location plan are provided in Annex 3 and Annex 4 respectively. More details of the site are available on the URA website: http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/SimsAveTgKg/MA/SimsAveTgKg-intro(MA).html.

Under the Government’s Reserve List system, the land parcel at Sims Avenue / Tanjong Katong Road will be released for sale if the criteria for the triggering of the site are met2. When the site is put up for tender, a tender period of about 8 weeks will be allowed before tender closes.

1 The first sale site in at Paya Lebar Road/Eunos Road 8 was launched for tender on 27 January 2011 for commercial use and was successfully sold to the highest tenderer on 27 Apr 2011.
2 The Government will put up a Reserve List site for public tender if it receives an application from a developer who commits, by signing an agreement and paying a deposit of 3% of the bid price, to bid for the site at or above the minimum price which is acceptable to the Government. The Government will also consider launching a Reserve List site for sale if it receives sufficient market interest for the site. A site is deemed to have received sufficient market interest if more than one unrelated party submit minimum prices that are close to the Government’s Reserve Price for the site within a reasonable period.

kaizhe
02-06-11, 12:57
from zaobao

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/cs/cs110601_007.shtml

wow. 1st shopping mall ard paya lebar?? good!

en9okyc
02-06-11, 13:21
wow. 1st shopping mall ard paya lebar?? good!

Things should start getting interesting for prices of condos between Paya Lebar and Kallang...

kaizhe
02-06-11, 13:28
Things should start getting interesting for prices of condos between Paya Lebar and Kallang...

centra heights sold likes hotcakes despite of high psf as 1700++!

we shall see how sims edge respond as it is nearer to the paya lebar central...

en9okyc
02-06-11, 13:46
Anyone heard about the new stadium, i heard it was put on hold but recently drove past the site on the Nicole Highway and it seems that there is some work on going?

irisng
05-06-11, 00:00
I went with my husband to Geylang at about 9pm on Sat night, spend about an hour walking around that area to have a feel of it. We parked our car at Lorong 26 and went to Lorong 27A to have the bean curd and yu tiao. The bean curd is very smooth and yu tiao very crispy, but it was not cheap. After that, we started from Lorong 24, there are lots of men around, didn't see much vice, I guess most of them might be inside the house, then we proceed to Lorong 24A, it is a complete contrast, so quiet, no activities. There seems to have lots of Buddhist association, almost whole stretch of it on one side and also saw quite a number of chinese temples (I think Lorong 24 also have temples). Then we went to Lorong 26 & 28, also very quiet, no activities. So I guess most of the activities starts from Lorong 24 and below.:eek:

In between the Lorongs, there are 2 main roads, one is Guillemard (very quiet) and the other is Geylang (more crowded & lots of food stalls). From Lorong 28 (Guillemard way), on the left side is the Dakota MRT station and on the right side is a big hawker centre. We took a slow walk to Dakota MRT station, and took about 10-15 mins to reach there. If go by Geylang way, then it will be Aljunied MRT station. Didn't try the distance but my husband said that it is nearer. :beats-me-man:

Overall, I found that from Lorong 24A onwards, it is not so bad as what I think initially. Just don't go inside the lane Lorong 24 or lower lorongs, I think it should be fine. If Geylang is really that bad, not meant for decent people, then there shouldn't have lots of temples and associations since they are all classified as holy. :o

If it happens that when you pass by and people starts looking at you, just ignore them. This type of things not only happen in Geylang, anywhere on the roadside also can happen.:D

fafalulu
05-06-11, 00:52
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4363976/for-sale-launching-soon-geylang-lor16-18-

lor 16 new launch? :doh: never heard of this..

fafalulu
18-07-11, 20:14
:eek: Project Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PROJECT_NAME');)Street Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('STREET_NAME');)Typehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PROPERTY_TYPE');)No. of Unitshttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('COVER');)Price
($)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PRICE');)Area (Sqft)1
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF');)Type of Area2
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('LOT_TYPE');)Unit Price ($psf)3
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PRICE_PSF');)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signedhttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('CONTRACT_DATE');)N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,339,4411,528Strata876Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,812,9242,745Strata660Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,812,9242,745Strata660Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,314,3001,464Strata898Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,314,3001,464Strata898Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11

en9okyc
20-07-11, 09:18
Yes, saw this as well. It seems as though there may be some movement in the lower lorongs?

Anyone heard anything?

:eek: Project Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROJECT_NAME');)Street Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('STREET_NAME');)Typehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROPERTY_TYPE');)No. of Unitshttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('COVER');)Price
($)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE');)Area (Sqft)1
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF');)Type of Area2
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('LOT_TYPE');)Unit Price ($psf)3
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE_PSF');)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signedhttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('CONTRACT_DATE');)N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,339,4411,528Strata876Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,812,9242,745Strata660Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,812,9242,745Strata660Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,314,3001,464Strata898Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,314,3001,464Strata898Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,356,2011,572Strata863Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,310,1101,453Strata902Jun-11N.A. LORONG 20 GEYLANGApartment11,800,3542,713Strata664Jun-11

Geylang OKT
07-08-11, 00:01
Hmm.... lower lorongs har..... :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Man dies in Geylang attack

Shin Min Daily News - 3 hrs 41 mins ago

Two brothers were attacked and slashed at Geylang last night.

The incident took place at Geylang Lorong 11 at about 11pm last night. The two brothers were chased to a back alley near a popular bak kut teh store.

The elder brother, Mr Yang, in his 50s, was later found lying in a pool of blood on the road. He died shortly after in the hospital. His wife is reportedly devastated by the news.

His younger brother, 48, has been hospitalised.

Pools of blood, broken glass and blood-stained bandages were found at the scene. It is unknown what caused the attack.

Fights are reportedly common in the area where the attack took place. There are known to be many karaoke lounges in the vicinity.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 6 August 2011. Click here for the Chinese report.

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201108061521-265639.html

DC33_2008
07-08-11, 10:20
Who knows? People staying near Geylang will have to pay higher insurance premium. High risk area.
Hmm.... lower lorongs har..... :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

Man dies in Geylang attack

Shin Min Daily News - 3 hrs 41 mins ago

Two brothers were attacked and slashed at Geylang last night.

The incident took place at Geylang Lorong 11 at about 11pm last night. The two brothers were chased to a back alley near a popular bak kut teh store.

The elder brother, Mr Yang, in his 50s, was later found lying in a pool of blood on the road. He died shortly after in the hospital. His wife is reportedly devastated by the news.

His younger brother, 48, has been hospitalised.

Pools of blood, broken glass and blood-stained bandages were found at the scene. It is unknown what caused the attack.

Fights are reportedly common in the area where the attack took place. There are known to be many karaoke lounges in the vicinity.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 6 August 2011. Click here for the Chinese report.

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201108061521-265639.html

irisng
10-08-11, 12:40
Who knows? People staying near Geylang will have to pay higher insurance premium. High risk area.

Fighting and murder cases not only happen in Geylang. Those who stay or work around industrial estate also need to pay higher insurance premium due to air pollution.:D

Geylang OKT
10-08-11, 22:52
If property prices crash, I wonder what will be the price of those mickey mouse apts now sprouting everywhere in geylang :)

DaytonaSS
10-08-11, 23:25
If property prices crash, I wonder what will be the price of those mickey mouse apts now sprouting everywhere in geylang :)

Sure huat!! The free lance foreign talents will start acquiring MM properties and charge their colleagues hourly rates!!

Geylang OKT
10-08-11, 23:30
Sure huat!! The free lance foreign talents will start acquiring MM properties and charge their colleagues hourly rates!!

Makes sense. I will also purchase some units to rent out. Will buy each unit for about $10,000 market price then :D

irisng
11-08-11, 13:16
Makes sense. I will also purchase some units to rent out. Will buy each unit for about $10,000 market price then :D

You mean you can get the freehold pte ppty at $10K during market crash? :scared-1: If that's the case, I also want leh.:cool:

irisng
20-08-11, 10:39
http://kshholdings.listedcompany.com/news.html/id/225805

Geylang OKT
21-08-11, 06:33
They came too late into the property scene. :doh:

Savvy developers were already snapping up geylang land way back in 2007! These are the smart ones making a pile and laughing all the way to the bank :D :D :D

Geylang OKT
21-08-11, 07:11
Just so folks know... certain developments existing in Geylang Lor 26 do not even have SCV hooked up for the entire project. So you buy and cannot watch cable TV hor ;) :D :D

irisng
21-08-11, 14:05
Just so folks know... certain developments existing in Geylang Lor 26 do not even have SCV hooked up for the entire project. So you buy and cannot watch cable TV hor ;) :D :D

Luckily, we don't watch SCV. :jump-for-joy: Last month, Starhub staff came to our unit to install the SCV and let us try for free (3 months). Yesterday, we went to return the "box" to them.:p

dtrax
21-08-11, 14:07

Still need scv? As long as there is internet to watch prawn, can liao

Geylang OKT
21-08-11, 23:38
Still need scv? As long as there is internet to watch prawn, can liao

You may not need scv. But you do not know whether your potential buyers or tenants need scv. :D :D :D

Geylang OKT
23-08-11, 07:15
PRC duo causes commotion in Geylang
Shin Min Daily News - 1 hr 26 mins ago

A Chinese national father-and-son duo caused a commotion at Geylang last night when they attacked a restaurant manager with a chopper and even assaulted policemen.

The incident happened at about 11.30pm last night at Geylang Lorong 19.

Wu Xu Cai (44, renovation worker), together with his wife Dai Gui Zhen (age 40) and his son Wu Qi Qi (18, student) were having dinner at "Su Zhou Restaurant" with three other friends before the commotion began.

Wu's friends had wanted to treat the family to a meal to welcome Wu's wife and son, whom had specially come from China to visit him.

During the meal, the group downed 24 cans of beer before Wu's friends footed the bill with $130. After paying, Wu's son decided to order two more bottles of beer.

Just as the group was leaving, the restaurant staff came up to them to say that they had not paid for the meal. This sparked off a quarrel between the group and the restaurant staff. The manager of the restaurant, Mr Li, tried to intervene and calm everyone down but the quarrel soon turned physical.

After a brief tussle, Wu agreed to returned to the restaurant and he went on to pay $217 more. But Wu did not stop his verbal abuse on the restaurant manager. He continued to hurl vulgarities at Mr Li, declaring that he earns $4,000 a month and there is no reason that he cannot pay for his meal.

The agitated Wu then dashed into the kitchen, picked up a chopper and threatened the manager with the words, "You think I don't dare to hurt you?"

Wu then smashed a beer bottle and swung it at Mr Li's head. Fortunately, Li managed to dodge the swing.

During the fight, both father and son had reportedly dashed outside the restaurant and pushed over many chairs. About five other diners were shoved by Wu in the process and they too joined in the fight.

One of the men picked up a beer bottle as a weapon and chased Wu's son for about 300 metres to Lorong 23. Wu's son sustained injuries to his head after he was hit by a beer bottle in the attack. He left a large pool of blood at the scene.

When the police arrived, Wu attempted to escape but was subdued outside the restaurant. Witnesses say both father and son resisted arrest and even assaulted the policemen. It took four policemen to subdue the duo.

When reporters arrived, the father-and-son duo were still highly agitated and continued to struggle to free themselves of the police. Wu was still hurling vulgarities at the policemen as he was put into an ambulance.

According to Wu's wife, Dai, the restaurant manager had attacked her husband first. The restaurant manager Mr Li, a Chinese national, said the father-and-son pair took turns to punch him in his face.

The massive commotion also drew a large crowd of spectators.

A police spokesperson states that a man in his 40s has been arrested for disorderly behaviour and for assaulting a civil servant. A teen was also arrested for disorderly behaviour.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 22 August 2011.

irisng
23-08-11, 08:41
It seems to be more complicated in lower lorong.

DC33_2008
23-08-11, 09:08
Too many bad news in Geylang area. Will have negative impact on the properties in this area.

irisng
23-08-11, 20:34
Hope the MP can do something to improve their constituency.:scared-3:

irisng
01-09-11, 08:35
http://kshholdings.listedcompany.com/news.html/id/225805

Project Name: REZI26 (launching soon) but so far couldn't find any relevant information yet.

Daredevil
25-02-12, 08:18
Folks, about 5 years ago, I started this thread and many folks ridiculed me when I brought up the potential and they said there was no hope for property investment in Geylang.

Back then, I had just invested in Atrium Residences.

Since then we have seen many more new condo projects and prices have since gone up quite a bit. My investment is Atrium has almost doubled. And just this week, I rented out my 1055 sq ft 3 room unit for $3900 per mth This is a $1k increase from my previous tenant. That is a rental yield of more than 7%.

Someone asked who would want to stay near the red light district? Well, definitely not locals. And foreigners especially singles don't seem to care. All they want is convenience and close proximity to town. In my case, I rented my unit to 3 British working adults - and my wife commented they were rather good looking,(that's 3 more new prospects for the stray pros who occasional might come to Lor28 :doh: )

But seriously, I see more opportunity in Geylang especially when we compare the high rents elsewhere. In the meantime, am just going to sit tight on my investment until the rest of the properties near by reach TOP as I expect Atrium to jack up further in price.:cheers5:

mcmlxxvi
25-02-12, 10:24
Folks, about 5 years ago, I started this thread and many folks ridiculed me when I brought up the potential and they said there was no hope for property investment in Geylang.

Since then we have seen many more new condo projects and prices have since gone up quite a bit. My investment is Atrium has almost doubled. And just this week, I rented out my 1055 sq ft 3 room unit for $3900 per mth This is a $1k increase from my previous tenant. That is a rental yield of more than 7%.

Someone asked who would want to stay near the red light district? Well, definitely not locals. And foreigners especially singles don't seem to care. All they want is convenience and close proximity to town. In my case, I rented my unit to 3 British working adults - and my wife commented they were rather good looking,(that's 3 more new prospects for the stray pros who occasional might come to Lor28 :doh: )

But seriously, I see more opportunity in Geylang especially when we compare the high rents elsewhere. In the meantime, am just going to sit tight on my investment until the rest of the properties near by reach TOP as I expect Atrium to jack up further in price.:cheers5:

Welcome back bro Daredevil!!! Long time no c...

Good to hear your success stories. I too have faith in Geylang. The most undervalued since 2000s... recently then reach their potential, 1200-1300psf.

en9okyc
25-02-12, 10:39
Hi Daredevil, same same for me. Been harping on about the potential etc... My property has doubled as well and my yields are the same. I also think that there is still a lot of potential probably another 20% - 50% upside in view of the new developments in Paya Lebar, Guillimard and more importantly the new stadium (which is starting to take shape!).

I heard the new stadium will be completed in 2014 and that Singapore was aiming to host the asian games in 2015 or something to that effect.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any news on the Kallang riverside development?

Tey Allen
25-02-12, 16:53
I think foreigners will set the price trending up in Geylang for locals to see the potential then they will join in to buy to push it higher.

anythingwhatever
12-06-12, 19:42
The work on Geylang River is massive!!

"Tan-Tio" for buyers of The Water Edge @ G38...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6ETSiIPQ7HQ/T9cqZOHH3lI/AAAAAAAAAww/go_HIf_q_bM/s800/Lor%252040%2520-%2520Geylang%2520River%2520Works%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yaX-FS_8RjI/T9cqYyhDFvI/AAAAAAAAAws/tm7YOtYGlRw/s736/Lor%252040%2520-%2520Geylang%2520River%2520Works%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6KA-k5qz-tU/T9cqZAQa50I/AAAAAAAAAwk/WAf87aHS2G0/s800/Lor%252040%2520-%2520Geylang%2520River%2520Works%2520-%25203.jpg

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
12-06-12, 19:46
Koh bros? Of cheese condo fame

phantom_opera
12-06-12, 21:42
Thanks for all enblocs ... Geylang looks much more like Singapore than Chicken Den now :D

hyenergix
12-06-12, 22:01
Thanks for all enblocs ... Geylang looks much more like Singapore than Chicken Den now :D

Dun say too fast! The chicken will come home to roost again!

ZeeWee
12-06-12, 23:16
Dun say too fast! The chicken will come home to roost again!

No place to invest?

Geylang = Chicken
Serangoon = Bangali
Pasir Ris, Sengkang, Punggol, Woodlands, Jurong = Too ulu

So average Singaporeans where to start their first pot of gold in property investment? Anyone in CCR selling cheap at Pasir Ris PSF?

If the day comes when the Chickens all gone, who will be happier? The people buying 'after' the chickens gone or 'before' the chickens gone?

hyenergix
13-06-12, 06:14
No place to invest?

Geylang = Chicken
Serangoon = Bangali
Pasir Ris, Sengkang, Punggol, Woodlands, Jurong = Too ulu

So average Singaporeans where to start their first pot of gold in property investment? Anyone in CCR selling cheap at Pasir Ris PSF?

If the day comes when the Chickens all gone, who will be happier? The people buying 'after' the chickens gone or 'before' the chickens gone?

Double confirm red-light district at Geylang is here to stay. The higher cost of accommodation in the new apartments will be passed on to clients.

irisng
13-06-12, 21:36
Double confirm red-light district at Geylang is here to stay. The higher cost of accommodation in the new apartments will be passed on to clients.

Are you working in the government dept that you have insight news?

anythingwhatever
14-06-12, 10:55
Are you working in the government dept that you have insight news?

Might have "double-confirmed" with Hossan Leong...

hyenergix
14-06-12, 13:08
This one no double confirm :p

phantom_opera
14-06-12, 13:19
Only place with no reits and monopoly of kopitiam

anythingwhatever
27-06-12, 22:18
Saw from Wanbao the other day on the sharp reduction of brothels in Geylang...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-POS9sQO7pbg/T-qpj8NyWmI/AAAAAAAAA3U/r-ORk9rUqZ0/s400/2012-06-25_20-15-30_655.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eUM3exeWSIA/T-m-SmuhjII/AAAAAAAAA14/5oyX-Md0yw4/s400/2012-06-25_20-15-22_148.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Hgk2UkgCDec/T-qpp8TC8aI/AAAAAAAAA2k/a76T1HOFb6o/s400/2012-06-25_20-16-01_890.jpg

hyenergix
27-06-12, 22:33
Next time just rent the MM by the hour loh. I will be surprised if it is gone for good in Geylang. Where else can the foreign workers find happiness? :beats-me-man:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 00:06
OFW tap turned off again? Luncles (local uncles) rather go punt at cashinos... Bo seng li for the chickens...

anythingwhatever
28-06-12, 09:17
OFW tap turned off again? Luncles (local uncles) rather go punt at cashinos... Bo seng li for the chickens...

Even GEYLANG UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB isn't spared, with clubhouse (jackpot) earnings down significantly after the opening of IRs:

http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/EDC120627-0000066/Painful,-but-necessary

fafalulu
28-06-12, 10:36
wondering is it government effort or poor bussinuss that closed up the 210 brothels.

Motel number should also be dropping as businesses are also badly hit when the freelance are chased away

anythingwhatever
28-06-12, 11:49
"Zoom-in" versions of the reports:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zO9uJOTnbyU/T-qppzYTVwI/AAAAAAAAA2s/XtxPyLrbOXE/s800/2012-06-25_20-16-30_587.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--Ikdl7lB2yg/T-qpp7hr8CI/AAAAAAAAA2o/2JCxx2-wdWY/s800/2012-06-25_20-16-44_159.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-09mCG6dLtys/T-qprNRaEAI/AAAAAAAAA20/zYdW8GcBFlE/s800/2012-06-25_20-16-55_218.jpg

anythingwhatever
28-06-12, 11:52
Even GEYLANG UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB isn't spared, with clubhouse (jackpot) earnings down significantly after the opening of IRs:

http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/EDC120627-0000066/Painful,-but-necessary

Extracts of the Report:

Geylang revealed a 50-per-cent drop in clubhouse takings, fuelled by the Integrated Resorts (IRs) and a recently implemented tax system.

"We're not much better off; all of us are affected by the IRs," said Gombak United Chairman John Yap.

"The funding model is taking a beating due to factors beyond our control, and because attention is being diverted away from the S-League to the LionsXII."

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?300&450&f=1763&img=1763_577628.jpg

focus
28-06-12, 13:34
It's really underpriced with respect to the whole of D15.
Geylang is now in between paya lebar biz hub and the new national stadium plus some integrated development in the old airport(PA HQ) site. Plus 5mins to city and casino.. plus a lot of FH in that area.

I also tempted.. but i scared it will be like that forever... but does not seem to be that way hor.

anythingwhatever
28-06-12, 15:55
It's really underpriced with respect to the whole of D15.
Geylang is now in between paya lebar biz hub and the new national stadium plus some integrated development in the old airport(PA HQ) site. Plus 5mins to city and casino.. plus a lot of FH in that area.

I also tempted.. but i scared it will be like that forever... but does not seem to be that way hor.

You meant D14? :cool:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 16:01
wondering is it government effort or poor bussinuss that closed up the 210 brothels.

Motel number should also be dropping as businesses are also badly hit when the freelance are chased away

Unemployment on the rise... will have ripple effect... young man loses job, no allowance to daddy... daddy no money or little money all spend at cashino and where got any left to eat geylang fc.... i mean geylang kfc......

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 16:03
When economy improves, the gfc will all b back in force.... however, by then the chix coops all turned into MM housing... no more display number big big using LED... it's the mech car lift display double up as eg...

#03-69 $50 hand $150 full ..... scrolling acrosss...

doufei
30-06-12, 09:54
The ura caveat website has already proven that Geylang is a good investment, especially for those who bought new units 2 years back. Centra suites/studios, casa aerate...etc are already transacted at more than 1500psf. Congratulate to all those who have faith in Geylang and reaping the profits now. :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :im-so-happy: :OldFart:

anythingwhatever
15-08-12, 12:49
Saw that there is a condonear completion at No. 10 Aljunied Road, any idea what's the name of the project?

Was looking it up in StreetDirectory (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53117/travel_site_50901/) though there seemed to be no clue...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MjZNJuDtFZE/UCsn4TSnkmI/AAAAAAAABAw/AyvW8PRWiqg/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gVj0nZILGik/UCsn8V2gmzI/AAAAAAAABBA/oijoKw8ZUKQ/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ICQLUOEJ7fE/UCsn8W6S7II/AAAAAAAABBE/m29AKi7ViTM/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

xtreme_46
15-08-12, 16:44
Saw that there is a condonear completion at No. 10 Aljunied Road, any idea what's the name of the project?

Was looking it up in StreetDirectory (http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53117/travel_site_50901/) though there seemed to be no clue...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MjZNJuDtFZE/UCsn4TSnkmI/AAAAAAAABAw/AyvW8PRWiqg/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gVj0nZILGik/UCsn8V2gmzI/AAAAAAAABBA/oijoKw8ZUKQ/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ICQLUOEJ7fE/UCsn8W6S7II/AAAAAAAABBE/m29AKi7ViTM/s800/10%2520Alujunied%2520Road%2520-%2520Aug%25202012%2520-%25203.jpg

Centra studios

anythingwhatever
15-08-12, 18:58
Centra studios

Huh? No lah, Centra Studios is at the other side of the building...

Centra Studios - Updates June 2012 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=281161&postcount=69):

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5wf9fMsrN4M/T9f6PZEJwgI/AAAAAAAAAxg/goWaG17vSPE/s512/Lor%252025%2520-%2520Centra%2520Studios%2520-%25201.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1CDLP8hkCM0/T9f6PKNyFFI/AAAAAAAAAxk/0s93Qv-L1bI/s800/Lor%252025%2520-%2520Centra%2520Studios%2520-%25202.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VwgefnqNOlA/T9f6PJ_zHfI/AAAAAAAAAxo/s8T6Pma0nNU/s800/Lor%252025%2520-%2520Centra%2520Studios%2520-%25203.jpg

rontan_83
21-09-13, 23:04
Huh? No lah, Centra Studios is at the other side of the building...

Hi, any potential for condo development at lorong 24 geylang

Shanhz
22-09-13, 09:45
Hi "Interested Investor",

I own another Geylang unit (99 year leasehold) which I will not tell u where (since i have received so many judgemental comments. A few have even concluded that I am a property agent which I am not).

I will give u my advice based on my own experience in living there for at least 2 years - and renting my apartment for the last 7 years. I do not claim to be an expert (as I always try to learn from others esp the other experts in this forum) but I guess that qualifies me to give u my own 2 cents worth (vs many others who have made judgements based on their own subjective perceptions and impressions).

Here are 3 strategies
Strategy #1: Get a condo near to the MRT stations (Paya Lebar or Aljunied) or the Circle line. While people tend to conclude that Geylang is a red-light district, in reality, the main activites are at lorongs (<20). There might be stray prostitutes from time to time - no choice.

Strategy #2: Do it the LEGAL way. Do not rent to any tom, dick (pun intended) or harry (another pun intended). No Students (let alone prostitutes). Ensure you check their documents. In my last 7 yrs, I have rent out to Chinese, Koreans, and Indians - all are legitimate working professionals in IT, banking (contrary to what is being said in this thread). I have never had to wait more than 1 month to find a tenant and i have not had huge difficulties collecting the rent. In fact, my current tenant is going to extend his current lease and increase his rent by another $500.

Strategy #3: Ensure you have ongoing "intelligence" of your tenants. Check with the guardhouse when you go there for maintenance. You will be surprised how much they know. Also ensure that the condo management knows who you are and how to contact you if there is an emergency. (this advice is applicable even outside Geylang). In my case, I insist that for air-con maintenance, the tenants use my contractor (who reports to me what is going on inside)

Having shared the above strategies, look for condos away from the main activity area. You can consider the odd-number lorongs like The Alcove, where banks are more open to providing loans. Then there are condos in Geylang Central and East (where all banks will provide loans - contrary to popular opinion. ).

A typical condo (>5 years) with 3 rooms cost between $450-550k. Assuming you place a 20% deposit (80%LTV:loan-to-value ratio), and go for the maximum loan period, you should be able to get a $300-500 positive monthly cashflow (that's extra cash after factoring in your condo maintenance).

There are people who are going to pour cold water on my recommendations but it's my own 2 cents worth since u asked.

bro, i am helping a fren seach for a low cost entry level apt. and grandview at lor 22 looks attractive. furthermore lor 22 is main rd and not amongst the chicken den.

what is the tenant profile nowadays? still able to get those genuine FT professionals (not the foreign trash type)?

rontan_83
22-03-15, 13:37
bro, i am helping a fren seach for a low cost entry level apt. and grandview at lor 22 looks attractive. furthermore lor 22 is main rd and not amongst the chicken den.

what is the tenant profile nowadays? still able to get those genuine FT professionals (not the foreign trash type)?

ONce paya lebar airbase is shifted...any potential for price of Geylang to shoot up....

meow123
26-03-15, 09:48
already priced in, bloke...

you think you can move faster than the developers ?

get a reality check.

wongwong
30-03-15, 07:55
already priced in, bloke...

you think you can move faster than the developers ?

get a reality check.

A**ho*e...have u invested any property in geylang?

siewsphone
14-05-15, 10:49
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10189&d=1431571760

Kelonguni
14-05-15, 12:04
Some values look very suspicious. Possible that there was no sales during period resulting in no movement?

meow123
14-05-15, 19:12
to buy a space in the area, go down to the place and walk to get the best info.

over many many times, you will get your own revelations...

non-financial data beats financial data, that cannot give u that qualitative feedback.

is there upside on geylang ? this depends on the timeline you are willing to wait for your returns on investment.

irisng
15-05-15, 08:38
Some values look very suspicious. Possible that there was no sales during period resulting in no movement?

I guess those areas with a loss is that their ppty prices are already quite high, not much people willing to pay for such high price in today's market whereas those areas with no movement or loss, the prices are still quite low at the present moment as compared to those areas, so people still can afford or willing to pay.

Kelonguni
15-05-15, 09:23
I guess those areas with a loss is that their ppty prices are already quite high, not much people willing to pay for such high price in today's market whereas those areas with no movement or loss, the prices are still quite low at the present moment as compared to those areas, so people still can afford or willing to pay.

I guess those with 0% changes in the peak just puzzled me. That's when I realise they are currently at their peak.

But not very sure about the data collection. Median, mean, number of units sold, age and size of property etc?

Certain areas are looking very tantalizing based on the table.

rontan_83
15-05-15, 16:02
I guess those with 0% changes in the peak just puzzled me. That's when I realise they are currently at their peak.

But not very sure about the data collection. Median, mean, number of units sold, age and size of property etc?

Certain areas are looking very tantalizing based on the table.

Geylang area is great ya...i m very sure , if the stamp duty no longer imposed on the foreigners..the price will accelerate and could hit 1600sgd/Sqft

meow123
17-05-15, 09:23
only a pty agent would talk about sg$1,600 psf for geylang...

who wants to offer sg$1,600 psf for a residential pty in geylang ?

I can connect u with many geylang pty sellers...

who can give a date if the red-light district would even be relocated ?

no one even knows if there's a plan to relocate them.

people reading this forum, please use your grey matter...

there's lots of scums, i mean, pty agents, who would tell you EVERYTHING that you want to hear, so that you sign on the dotted line to make the sale.

I won't be surprised if condosingapore itself is fueled by pty agents...

so in short, please use your brains... ( if any )

rontan_83
17-05-15, 09:44

there's lots of scums, i mean, pty agents, who would tell you EVERYTHING that you want to hear, so that you sign on the dotted line to make the sale.

Whats wrong with red light activities there?u looking down at low wage worker?

SQ008
18-05-15, 11:31

I agree with your assessment.

wongwong
15-09-15, 08:35
I agree with your assessment.

If you agreeable, how come u still buying at Lorong 24?

Please clarify.

rontan_83
16-09-15, 09:31
Dear All,

I have written to the MP for this area, and seeking her assistance to eliminate the illegal prostitution at lorong 24...

Her reply is as follows:-

"we continue to work on this just like we have changed various aspects of the upper lorongs too."

meow123
18-09-15, 11:34
well...

let's be realistic.

There is the exempted brothels, which have licenses to operate in the area.

Do you think it's actually going to happen?

There are 3 brothels newly opened, in the midst of #1 Loft's construction... they aren't going to vanish anytime soon.

We bought into that area, eyes-wide-open, it's not like a brothel suddenly turned up in the middle of Toa Payoh, etc.

Give it time, maybe 2030, maybe 2050... and things would improve.

If your time horizon is 5 - 10 years, you really shouldn't be buying it anyway.

bigbear
18-09-15, 14:13
We are not asking for brothels to close down.

We are not happy with illegal prostitutes lining the street of Lor 24 selling their services. It makes walking along the lorong uncomfortable as they attract foreigner workers crowding there too.

Even if its a red light district, it doesnt mean there is no law to enforce. illegal is illegal...the spf sld do their job. if they want to sell sex, do it inside confined space.

mummy
18-09-15, 20:20
I have invested in Smart Suite at district 14 at Sims Ave opp Aljunied mrt... managed to get my second professional SEA tenant, a female accountant, even before my 1st tenant lease is up, which is in Dec. Amazing the ease of getting tenants so far thx to the good location....gives good passive income too....looking at it for rental passive income longterm...but unsure about resale value of MM units... so far still within the 4 year SSD period, wonder if resale demand is high for RCR Geylang MM units? Who would be the future buyers? Can gurus here comment?

bigbear
18-09-15, 21:23
is yours freehold? if so, just hold on to it. why sell it? or rent as airbnb haha.

wongwong
19-09-15, 11:05
is yours freehold? if so, just hold on to it. why sell it? or rent as airbnb haha.

1) yea..just hold on.

2) Paya lebar airbase will be relocated to Changi

3) Plot ratio of all the development at Geylang will be increased by 2030.

mummy
19-09-15, 17:59

Yes, is freehold, but bought quite high at 1400 psf, just worried about resale value...

mummy
19-09-15, 18:03
1) yea..just hold on.

2) Paya lebar airbase will be relocated to Changi

3) Plot ratio of all the development at Geylang will be increased by 2030.

Yes, if hold for longterm maybe best, provided got holding power and rental continues to be good....but a bit nervous as shoeboxes r really ex compared to the new hdb studio and 2 bedders so wondering who will be the future buyers..

rontan_83
19-09-15, 18:41
Yes, if hold for longterm maybe best, provided got holding power and rental continues to be good....but a bit nervous as shoeboxes r really ex compared to the new hdb studio and 2 bedders so wondering who will be the future buyers..

I buying for own stay..

mummy
19-09-15, 19:41
I buying for own stay..

May I know yr profile? R u Sgpn? If u r, why not buy a cheaper HDB? If a foreigner, why not rent? Hope u dun mind me asking, just wondering wh will be my future buyer should we decide to sell...

rontan_83
19-09-15, 19:54
May I know yr profile? R u Sgpn? If u r, why not buy a cheaper HDB? If a foreigner, why not rent? Hope u dun mind me asking, just wondering wh will be my future buyer should we decide to sell...
I prefer freehold development...cus i can transfer the ownership to the next generation...

mummy
19-09-15, 21:09
I prefer freehold development...cus i can transfer the ownership to the next generation...

Yes, my hubby and I prefer freehold too, coz, it retains value better....

rontan_83
20-09-15, 01:44
Yes, my hubby and I prefer freehold too, coz, it retains value better....

Initially, i was considering studio apartment at redhill,99 years leasehold...$1 million...i cannot afford..

So i ended up with 670k , loft unit....at geylang..freehold..

irisng
20-09-15, 10:59

I think for private shoebox, most likely the buyers will be either:-
1) foreigners where they cannot buy HDB
2) Singaporeans or PR or foreigners who buy it for investment
3) Singaporeans who are not eligible to buy any HDB either because they have already utilized twice of their chances to buy HDB or their salary is too high or they already have a private ppty.

Your apartment has quite a good location, near MRT, I would think that :-
1) if you still can afford to pay your instalments with no problem and yet still able to rent out your units at a reasonable price to help finance part of your instalments
2) if you can make a decent profit
3) unless you find it a chaos to keep finding tenants and clearing up the house after lease expire one after another

bigbear
20-09-15, 11:35
buying shoes box within city or city fringe still OK.

buying shoes box in neighbourhood areas or even punggol is not recommend unless for own stay.

mummy
20-09-15, 12:02
I think for private shoebox, most likely the buyers will be either:-
1) foreigners where they cannot buy HDB
2) Singaporeans or PR or foreigners who buy it for investment
3) Singaporeans who are not eligible to buy any HDB either because they have already utilized twice of their chances to buy HDB or their salary is too high or they already have a private ppty.

Your apartment has quite a good location, near MRT, I would think that :-
1) if you still can afford to pay your instalments with no problem and yet still able to rent out your units at a reasonable price to help finance part of your instalments
2) if you can make a decent profit
3) unless you find it a chaos to keep finding tenants and clearing up the house after lease expire one after another

Thanks for yr detailed reply....dunno about the making decent profit part but so far no prob finding tenants to help us pay mortgage and give us some passive income so we will hold for now....

mummy
20-09-15, 12:10
Initially, i was considering studio apartment at redhill,99 years leasehold...$1 million...i cannot afford..

So i ended up with 670k , loft unit....at geylang..freehold..

Let me guess, u r a local single male who is a pretty high earner?

mummy
20-09-15, 12:17
buying shoes box within city or city fringe still OK.

buying shoes box in neighbourhood areas or even punggol is not recommend unless for own stay.

Yes, agree, that is the general belief as high earners who rent shoeboxes generally work in cbd and want to live as near there as possible.

rontan_83
20-09-15, 12:24
Yes, agree, that is the general belief as high earners who rent shoeboxes generally work in cbd and want to live as near there as possible.

yes....the place i bought..6 minutes walk to Aljunied....take train to City Hall, about 10 minutes can reach....

nvm about the whore and the foreign worker from south asia....

As i m currently working in construction line, i can always c south asian workers on construction site...so their presence will not bother me much...

cym
20-09-15, 21:57
btw just like to get some opinions, realized that sims urban oasis its loft unit does not seem to be selling. Is there any particular reason to this given that its 1 beded seems to be selling much better.

And generally would it be a good idea to buy a 1 beded unit from sims urban oasis in terms of rental given that its not very far from many other 1 beded units in the geylang area?

meow123
22-09-15, 02:37
btw just like to get some opinions, realized that sims urban oasis its loft unit does not seem to be selling. Is there any particular reason to this given that its 1 beded seems to be selling much better.

And generally would it be a good idea to buy a 1 beded unit from sims urban oasis in terms of rental given that its not very far from many other 1 beded units in the geylang area?

this is a 99 year leasehold, meaning it's alot closer to the MRT than most.

can buy.

99 year and freehold doesn't make a difference in sg...

it's just BS-talk from real agents on the difference between them, the only significant difference is that for 99 yr, the last 20 years? you can't get a loan from the bank... but you probably won't see a pty that is 70-80 years old in sg without getting enbloc...

cym
22-09-15, 09:10
this is a 99 year leasehold, meaning it's alot closer to the MRT than most.

can buy.

99 year and freehold doesn't make a difference in sg...

it's just BS-talk from real agents on the difference between them, the only significant difference is that for 99 yr, the last 20 years? you can't get a loan from the bank... but you probably won't see a pty that is 70-80 years old in sg without getting enbloc...

Hi meow123, thanks for the the advice.
I am thinking of buying 1 beded at sims urban oasis but think most of the norm 1 beded has been sold only left the more pricy high floor or the stack that is facing the expressway.

was considering the 1 beded loft but think the sale was not good.
not sure if its due to its height of 3.3m considered low for loft, in the show flat the bed is on the loft however its not high enough to stand up fully on the loft.
also there is no wall separating the bedroom loft from the living room.

my friend just bought 1 beded loft on 5th floor facing the side of the pool, 43 sqm for 700 k.
as im focusing more on rental, not sure if its a good idea for me to get similar loft unit, or i could get better options elsewhere for similar amt?

any advice on this :) ?

bigbear
22-09-15, 09:19
i think the loft u r talking are 'fake' loft. its actually supported by a platform?

loft projects like 1 loft and 1 suites are actual two storeys unit. if you dont mind, u can consider 1 suites but its at lor 20 beside the hotels.

cym
22-09-15, 10:48
i think the loft u r talking are 'fake' loft. its actually supported by a platform?

loft projects like 1 loft and 1 suites are actual two storeys unit. if you dont mind, u can consider 1 suites but its at lor 20 beside the hotels.

its actually just a 5 sqm meta platform for putting of bed or other stuff depending. the platform is 2m high from the floor.

so likely this type of unit may not be a good , in terms of rental?
as so far think only a handful has been sold only.

meow123
25-09-15, 14:43
hi cym,

Not sure if you agree with me on this perspective, buying property is like a sprint, esp for units from new projects.
If the lower priced 1BR are gone, where the leftovers are higher-floors / bigger spaces / extremely poor facing, etc ... I would consider another project.

Since your purpose is for rental, what you like to consider is low capital layout.
Get the cheapest unit, so that you don't have to bear so much loan ( I assume you are like most of us, who doesn't buy on full cash ).

how about considering other developments in the geylang region, even though that are located in the red-light district region?
I think paying for a less than 500 sq ft @ 700k dollars is quite expensive, but you are paying for the premium for being so near the MRT.

If I were you, I would consider a pty investment of 600k and below.
Is this your first pty or?

wealthcore
12-05-18, 13:37
Hi Everyone,

Would like to revive this dicussion on Geylang properties. I recently invested in a 2BR unit in the ODD lorong's of Geylang(Nearer to Kallang). Found some good pointers in this thread, what are some of the things you look out for when you're securing your tenant's in geylang?
:)

handsometeck
31-07-18, 21:37
Hi Everyone,

Would like to revive this dicussion on Geylang properties. I recently invested in a 2BR unit in the ODD lorong's of Geylang(Nearer to Kallang). Found some good pointers in this thread, what are some of the things you look out for when you're securing your tenant's in geylang?
:)

With Geylang Rezone from lorong 4 to 22, my feel is rental just outside geylang will have a spill over effect. After all, Geylang has the best rental yield in the whole of Singapore. Some of the new condos there you can explore include
- 33 Residences (https://www.propertyreview.sg/33-residences/)
- Rezi 24 (https://www.propertyreview.sg/rezi-24-geylang/)
- Arena Residences (https://www.propertyreview.sg/arena-residences/)

Geylang in District 14 where current works of its expansion and metropolitan development surely heightens its presence not just amongst locals but also from foreign investors.

The 2014 Master Plan of Urban Redevelopment Authority, although consisting of a series of development works, also includes an underground river facility from the Kallang River area towards the lively Central Business District. Entertainment venues, dining facilities and retail shops will be incorporated at its huge improvisation, which comes after the successful creation of Gardens by the Bay.

The once known red light district of Geylang, is now well supported with high end community facilities which blends accordingly to the urban city lifestyle of its residents .

Read More on the rezone: https://www.propertyreview.sg/geylang-rezone-from-lorong-4-to-22/

mummy
01-10-18, 10:48
Have a district 14 property in Smart Suites. Wondering if I should sell to get back absd of $88k cause I bought another 3 bedder. But won't best cpf returns if I sell now.

Kelonguni
01-10-18, 12:58
Have a district 14 property in Smart Suites. Wondering if I should sell to get back absd of $88k cause I bought another 3 bedder. But won't best cpf returns if I sell now.

Do you mean sell the Smart Suites unit then buy another 3 bedder to avoid ABSD of 88K?

mummy
01-10-18, 13:08
Do you mean sell the Smart Suites unit then buy another 3 bedder to avoid ABSD of 88K?

We already bought and paid the ABSD.

Kelonguni
01-10-18, 13:24
We already bought and paid the ABSD.

Not so easy to claim back though (if you meant remission) because you need to prove both were used as matrimonial homes as far as I know.

If seems intended for rent or have other properties, I don’t think can claim back ABSD.

Arcachon
01-10-18, 13:31

Did anyone advise you on this?

mummy
01-10-18, 13:33
No...

mummy
01-10-18, 13:35
In that case, will not sell then as offer too low. Only S$648k. Or sl above S$1400 psf. PPR one mrt stop away more than S$2000psf and only leasehold while mine is freehold. Most of my neighbours with my size asking for S$800k.

Kelonguni
01-10-18, 14:29
In that case, will not sell then as offer too low. Only S$648k. Or sl above S$1400 psf. PPR one mrt stop away more than S$2000psf and only leasehold while mine is freehold. Most of my neighbours with my size asking for S$800k.

The wise decision is not to sell. If need money, do equity term loan. Really used all means and still not enough then sell.

Arcachon
01-10-18, 14:40
This is one of the options.

There are other options depends on the individual, if only one size can fit all life will be so simple.

mummy
01-10-18, 18:23
Now he up to S$658k but I dunno how to calculate if made profit or not.

Rental income $90600

ABSD remission S$88k.

Loan S$341k.

Bought at S$636801.

Can anyone help me to calculate?

Arcachon
01-10-18, 18:56
Now he up to S$658k but I dunno how to calculate if made profit or not.

Rental income $90600

ABSD remission S$88k.

Loan S$341k.

Bought at S$636801.

Can anyone help me to calculate?

Not enough info, can use my xls to calculate.

mummy
02-10-18, 10:00
Not enough info, can use my xls to calculate.

Sold already last night. Don't make much. Same or less than cpf. Just get back absd. Should have sold this before selling my primary residence then can beat cpf....sigh....

Arcachon
02-10-18, 15:27
Sold already last night. Don't make much. Same or less than cpf. Just get back absd. Should have sold this before selling my primary residence then can beat cpf....sigh....

Congrats, now you can retire.

Kelonguni
02-10-18, 16:05

Must plan a little lah, sis... Why buy so suddenly? Something that compelling?

mummy
02-10-18, 16:44
Must plan a little lah, sis... Why buy so suddenly? Something that compelling?

That time property prices kept going up and reports keep saying it will rise...and hubby didn't like renting...

Arcachon
02-10-18, 17:29
That time property prices kept going up and reports keep saying it will rise...and hubby didn't like renting...

A bit confusing, you sell every property than rent?

mummy
02-10-18, 17:52
No, I sold my terrace then rented a condo to stay. Then buy another condo to stay that is why got absd.

Arcachon
02-10-18, 21:35
No, I sold my terrace then rented a condo to stay. Then buy another condo to stay that is why got absd.

Sell one, rent one, buy one why got ABSD

sginvestor
02-10-18, 22:53

Sigh... i thought property would surely make money?
Better to leave money in CPF and earn 2.5% interest.
buy good US shares e.g. Apple shares, more easy to make money, lower capital outlay, lower opportunity costs and most importantly, lower transaction costs e.g. $15 per trade vs $20k agent fees when sell $1mio property, $30k taxes on buyer's stamp duty.
i ask myself, at 1,7xx psf for 6xx sq ft condo, where's the margin of safety? can you even make at least 10k net of transaction costs, interest costs after 4 yrs to TOP? not to mention property taxes.. interest rates are at 4 yr high and continue to climb. Paying 10% more for new launch is painful... why pay high prices for a unit in a 1,400 unit/1,200 unit development?

and please don't tell me about swiber shares/bonds, these are debt-laden companies.

ifv80
18-09-19, 01:51
any thoughts about a small development (less than 20 units) FH apartment (no facilities other than car park) near lorong 7 and kallang MRT ...going for $850+psf ....able to convert into dual key

one for my own stay one to rent out

wealthcore
03-05-20, 17:02
Do u mean the Apartments at Lorong Tahar?