PDA

View Full Version : trival - balcony, planter box, bay window

marktkt22
14-11-11, 12:44
trival discussion- balcony, pes, planter box, bay window,aircon ledge, open kitchen,yard and bomb shelter, mech carpk..., a continuation of my earlier posts which were placed wrongly in d15, ,
Assuming for own stay by a family,what your view, on these features ¦

In my view,
Yard -- can do without, use balcony to dry cloth.
Balcony ,pes- a must, for chill out and laundry
Bomb shelter- a must,used as store rm
Open kitchen --no no, impossible to cook, impractical
Bay window --no no, even if can design over, these r waste of space
Planter --no no, useless, even if can deck over
Air con ledge --must have , no choice ..but hopefully not too big.
Mech carpk--no no, too much waste of time to park and drive

Any other views...

hyenergix
14-11-11, 12:49
trival discussion- balcony, pes, planter box, bay window,aircon ledge, open kitchen,yard and bomb shelter, mech carpk..., a continuation of my earlier posts which were placed wrongly in d15, ,

In my view,

Any other views...

I'm okay with all, except inaccessible air-con ledges, and if developers doesn't charge us for them. BCA still hasn't removed the 10% bonus and other requirements for developers. BCA really takes good care of developers :mad:

teddybear
14-11-11, 13:20
My view:

Need lah, small one will do. Please don't use balcony to dry cloth! So ugly and unsightly urghhhhh!!

Useless, unless your unit is >1800 sqft.

Useless! Just a normal store room will do. Bomb shelter takes up more space than a normal store room (and those Sqft area you have to pay for them!)

What open kitchen? If open means no kitchen! :banghead:

Useless, but yet sometimes can be decorated up to make best use of them.

Useless.

Small one will be, but unfortunately the new ones (after 2008) will be super big after govt took away free GFA for planter area & bay windows! Super waste of space!

Oh no! :doh: Wait till they are >10 years old & you get stuck in them at night? You think the technicians work 24 hours and can arrive within an hour to save you?!!!

In my view,

Any other views...

teddybear
14-11-11, 13:25
My view:

Need lah, small one will do. Please don't use balcony to dry cloth! So ugly and unsightly urghhhhh!!

Useless! Just a normal store room will do. Bomb shelter takes up more space than a normal store room (and those Sqft area you have to pay for them!)

Useless.

Small one will be, but unfortunately the new ones (after 2008) will be super big after govt took away free GFA for planter area & bay windows! Super waste of space!

Oh no! :doh: Wait till they are >10 years old & you get stuck in them at night? You think the technicians work 24 hours and can arrive within an hour to save you?!!!

In my view,

Any other views...

marktkt22
14-11-11, 13:36
Teddybear, hyenergix,
Great, we are more or less align....

After 2008,air con ledge that are bigger than balcony emerged ... Ha ha

Wild Falcon
14-11-11, 14:04
Agree with Teddybear.

Jonathan0503
14-11-11, 15:16

Why useless if can deck over leh?

Can treat like balconies right, though might be a bit small?

gav108
14-11-11, 15:36
My view:

in the end pple will still hang some stuff in front of the house, whether it's planter, balcony or just a railing, because yards are usually where sun does not reach directly. at least if put some stuff to dry within the balcony is better than draping things over the railing :doh:

oh dear, then u cannot buy any newer condos of less than 1800 sqft. sometimes for al fresco dining etc. is nice, esp. with the cool weather we have right now :D with some retractable sun/rain screens will become more functional.

not useless. thicker walls don't mean useless. those thicker walls don't take that significant amt of space, as they are only as thick as those structural walls/cores in tall condos/buildings.

ah, well. i guess so. open kitchen for people who hardly cook or don't know how n eat out, n would therefore rather save on kitchen space. perfect for me :D

yup. would rather no bay window.

Useless.

yup. would rather larger balcony, which will be more usable.

totally agree!

devilplate
14-11-11, 15:38
Buy hdb la! Fits all the above! Whahahahaha

teddybear
14-11-11, 15:41
Got many older private properties also fit the above lah! Only when people die die must buy new then they have to pay through their nose for useless space! :banghead:

Buy hdb la! Fits all the above! Whahahahaha

ysyap
14-11-11, 16:24

In my view,

Any other views...

Yard - better than balcony for clothes drying. Can hang up laundry but balcony cannot hang up.
Balcony, pes - Can do w/o if not staying in landed. If have children still have to worry if they topple over balcony.
Bomb Shelter - a must by civil defense so double up as store rm.
Bay Window - a total waste of space. Still have to spend money to make it usable... Good that new projects come w/o BW.
Planter - Useless. How many dare say they use those boxes or merely just cover it.
A/C ledge - How come cannot install compressors inside the house or something so can still use the space for further storage?
Mech park - waste time and impractical..

buttercarp
14-11-11, 18:45
To me any space that is not livable is useless space.

Any idea why private developers must put useless space namely balcony, bay windows, planters, roof terrace and aircon ledge?

Why can't private condos design be as practical as HDB?

ysyap
14-11-11, 20:40

Any idea why private developers must put useless space namely balcony, bay windows, planters, roof terrace and aircon ledge?

Why can't private condos design be as practical as HDB?They want to make more :2cents: at the expense of buyers lor... anyway now baywindows are not part of a condo feature anymore... :spliff:

masterkey
15-11-11, 10:37
They want to make more :2cents: at the expense of buyers lor... anyway now baywindows are not part of a condo feature anymore... :spliff:

How about aircon ledge? do they count towards GFA consumed or "free" for developers?

devilplate
15-11-11, 10:40
How about aircon ledge? do they count towards GFA consumed or "free" for developers?

foc foc foc foc:doh:

mcmlxxvi
15-11-11, 10:46
They want to make more :2cents: at the expense of buyers lor... anyway now baywindows are not part of a condo feature anymore... :spliff:

Yes.... If one sees it, it means is old design liao....some recently top projects still have!!! Imagine your house immediately 'yesterdays fashion' when it just brand new completed. :beats-me-man:

mcmlxxvi
15-11-11, 10:48

Why can't private condos design be as practical as HDB?

Becoz they will look exactly like hdb without the bay windows, balconies, a/c ledges, pes etc... ... ...then nobody wanna buy liao

marktkt22
16-11-11, 07:46
Put grille on balcony then it usable and safe.
Pes .... No idea, maybe a sunshade....

gav108
16-11-11, 10:04
or sliding screens like this for balcony:

http://www.trimlite.com.au/sliding-screens.html

looks great and fits ura requirements, which say screens must be capable of being drawn open n allow natural ventilation at all times. looks like fully drawn blinds, except better-looking, so condo management or residents shouldn't complain :)

seriously considering something like this for privacy when needed, and with adjustable louvres can monitor light/air flow as well as block the rain :spliff:

mcmlxxvi
16-11-11, 10:17
or sliding screens like this for balcony:

http://www.trimlite.com.au/sliding-screens.html

looks great and fits ura requirements, which say screens must be capable of being drawn open n allow natural ventilation at all times. looks like fully drawn blinds, except better-looking, so condo management or residents shouldn't complain :)

seriously considering something like this for privacy when needed, and with adjustable louvres can monitor light/air flow as well as block the rain :spliff:

They have sg disty?

http://www.trimlite.com.au/products/slidingscreens/main.jpg

You cant really cover the side right? In the pic the right side still got gap. Plus is it secure from breakins?

Normal rollup blinds also can open up/close when needed.

gav108
16-11-11, 12:39
They have sg disty?

http://www.trimlite.com.au/products/slidingscreens/main.jpg

You cant really cover the side right? In the pic the right side still got gap. Plus is it secure from breakins?

Normal rollup blinds also can open up/close when needed.

can cover side - just install another screen there. the screen's purpose is not security. if u r concerned about security, just close the sliding doors to the balcony when u sleep or go out lor. but i can't imagine many spidermen climbing up the walls to reach the balcony :D

yup roll-up blinds can do the same, but i just like things to look nice lar. blinds just too flimsy n 'quick-fix' for my taste. besides, i enjoy doing modifications to my living spaces, including hacking walls n changing fixtures to suit my style. it's just a choice.

that particular design is currently only available in Australia, but can source for similar ones in S'pore, or customize. essentially just top-hung sliding windows with adjustable louvres in place of glass..