PDA

View Full Version : Cascadia Penthouse

hl124273
11-11-11, 20:24
Cascadia penthouse going for 2.54 million , 2368 sq ft with roof terrace of the same size as the lower floor (bbq pit and jacuzzi) .. is it worth it ?? Would the penthouse be able to fetch better price than normal 3 bedder ? Lower floor is the standard 3 bedroom.

Eastboy
11-11-11, 20:29
Cascadia penthouse going for 2.54 million , 2368 sq ft with roof terrace of the same size as the lower floor (bbq pit and jacuzzi) .. is it worth it ?? Would the penthouse be able to fetch better price than normal 3 bedder ? Lower floor is the standard 3 bedroom.

hi, all i can say is that penthouse is quite a niche market and may be harder to sell...but that said i must say 2.54mil i would buy landed instead.

hl124273
11-11-11, 20:34
hi, all i can say is that penthouse is quite a niche market and may be harder to sell...but that said i must say 2.54mil i would buy landed instead.

I was told the super penthouse at Cascadia all sold out ( cost 5-6 mil type) .. hmm yeah, that amount can prob get a orchard road address instead ? Agent said it is niche, will be sought after by the foreigners who want their kids to study in BT area ..

Eastboy
11-11-11, 20:40
I was told the super penthouse at Cascadia all sold out ( cost 5-6 mil type) .. hmm yeah, that amount can prob get a orchard road address instead ? Agent said it is niche, will be sought after by the foreigners who want their kids to study in BT area ..

yes u r right now is the good time to buy orchard properties if you have gunpowder to enter....prices have stabilized in the luxury market.....when u see

however some say when all HDB upgraders start snapping up mass-market condos in OCRs, maybe it's time to exit the property market, just like stock markets. when all the aunties and uncles started buying shares, it's time to sell. :spliff:

hl124273
11-11-11, 20:47
yes u r right now is the good time to buy orchard properties if you have gunpowder to enter....prices have stabilized in the luxury market.....when u see

however some say when all HDB upgraders start snapping up mass-market condos in OCRs, maybe it's time to exit the property market, just like stock markets. when all the aunties and uncles started buying shares, it's time to sell. :spliff:

I think alot of older generation started snapping up condos because they realised in general putting money in properties beat putting money in the bank which erode half of your savings after ten years, assuming they have holding power of a decade or more, not for short term speculation.

hmm cascadia penthouse - think not so attractive afterall I guess .. 50% of the space is outdoor space on top floor, though it looks really spacious and good for entertaining guest with about 1200 sq feet of outdoor .. too space .. but even better if it is live in space with smaller outdoor space.

bargain hunter
11-11-11, 23:55
don't be conned by the agent. the 5 to 6m super penthouses is a REAL penthouse where the upper level has liveable space + pte swimming pool (not jacuzzi). have to differentiate, not even comparable.

the pure roof terrace on 2nd floor ones are much harder to sell. u are actually paying a few hundred thousand more than the unit directly below u. i always ask myself, is it worth paying these few hundred thousand more for a roof terrace? the answer is always a NO. :ashamed1:

2.54m, if u intend to resell next time, hard to find buyers willing to fork out 3m for it (ie the roof terrace now costs even more few hundred thousands :D )

august
12-11-11, 10:17
the penthouses are 10th or 11th floor only. Would prefer penthouses that are 15th storey and above. :(

Eastboy
12-11-11, 12:25
the penthouses are 10th or 11th floor only. Would prefer penthouses that are 15th storey and above. :(
August have you seen those "penthouses" in geylang or east coast? 5th floor lol!

devilplate
12-11-11, 12:28
August have you seen those "penthouses" in geylang or east coast? 5th floor lol!
i prefer low rise PH....lol

I hf nvr bot any high rise PH other den katek ones....whahaha

Lovelle
12-11-11, 13:13
i prefer low rise PH....lol

I hf nvr bot any high rise PH other den katek ones....whahaha

Terrene PH has a decent layout at 1.6m, it's a steal.

Recently, passed by, units are nearer to each other and progress has been fast - most at 2nd level....low rise btw.

devilplate
12-11-11, 13:58
Terrene PH has a decent layout at 1.6m, it's a steal.

Recently, passed by, units are nearer to each other and progress has been fast - most at 2nd level....low rise btw.
i mentioned last time tat i so tempted to buy the terene ph at 1kpsf....vy nice layout wif 2bedrooms on upper level....

dmonddd
12-11-11, 19:47
i was looking at this project. but wifey debating with me as fear of flood.

floridian should be coming up soon...now other than flood risk, debating which is the better one.

anyone knows of flood problem or this project has good drainage and no impact at all?

one of these days, i probably need to drive over and check it out during heavy downpour

devilplate
12-11-11, 20:24
i was looking at this project. but wifey debating with me as fear of flood.

floridian should be coming up soon...now other than flood risk, debating which is the better one.

anyone knows of flood problem or this project has good drainage and no impact at all?

one of these days, i probably need to drive over and check it out during heavy downpour
wats nice for this project?

dmonddd
12-11-11, 21:11
wats nice for this project?

lasting bldg design = modern glass
newly TOP
sizeable project with 500+ units more than floridian >300+ units
jardin calling for higher psf which further down the road nearer to flyover

devilplate
12-11-11, 21:21
lasting bldg design = modern glass
newly TOP
sizeable project with 500+ units more than floridian >300+ units
jardin calling for higher psf which further down the road nearer to flyover
ic but u r not looking to buy now rite? Asking sky high now at 15xx to 16xxpsf! Scary! I anytime go for the shelford at 16xxpsf.....mabe can try 15xxpsf....

dmonddd
12-11-11, 21:47
ic but u r not looking to buy now rite? Asking sky high now at 15xx to 16xxpsf! Scary! I anytime go for the shelford at 16xxpsf.....mabe can try 15xxpsf....
no no not looking to buy...not now.esp see so many vacant units
wifey at one point wanted to buy i said no
now i think of buying wifey said no

gut feel dun buy la
flood thingy has always been phobia after tessarina case.
have to see real hard esp. nowadays so many flash flood

probably will wait till all projects top next yr
and EU US Asia clearer on extent of impact
someone needs to set up thread on projects TOPping next year

wanted to do but dunno how

bargain hunter
12-11-11, 22:45
click http://forums.condosingapore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

and look for that button "New Thread". i presume u r more keen on D9, 10 and 11. can do the same for other districts as well.

no no not looking to buy...not now.esp see so many vacant units
wifey at one point wanted to buy i said no
now i think of buying wifey said no

gut feel dun buy la
flood thingy has always been phobia after tessarina case.
have to see real hard esp. nowadays so many flash flood

probably will wait till all projects top next yr
and EU US Asia clearer on extent of impact
someone needs to set up thread on projects TOPping next year

wanted to do but dunno how