PDA

View Full Version : Will prices in TK drop?

Eastboy
11-11-11, 19:07
Hello brothers and sisters

I am a young executive interested in buying a small boutique apt in Telok Kurau. I like the area because I grew up here.

It is precisely I grew up here I saw the growth in the prices and it has been really quite a drastic rally ever since 2009 trough.

Devts are going for $1200psf and above, which really make me wonder if prices are at its peak?

I know some of you probably would tell me to shut up (especially if you are investor) but I am just looking for a place to stay (not renting). Hence I really hope prices in TK would cool down and probably correct soon so I can enter the market with more confidence....:scared-1:

So what's your outlook on TK small devts? Looking forward to hear your views. Thanks!

hyenergix
11-11-11, 19:22
Subsales prob cheaper.

devilplate
11-11-11, 20:07

I am a young executive interested in buying a small boutique apt in Telok Kurau. I like the area because I grew up here.

It is precisely I grew up here I saw the growth in the prices and it has been really quite a drastic rally ever since 2009 trough.

Devts are going for $1200psf and above, which really make me wonder if prices are at its peak?

I know some of you probably would tell me to shut up (especially if you are investor) but I am just looking for a place to stay (not renting). Hence I really hope prices in TK would cool down and probably correct soon so I can enter the market with more confidence....:scared-1:

So what's your outlook on TK small devts? Looking forward to hear your views. Thanks!
look for older resale 2bdr....may be able to find 9xxpsf.....gd luck

Leeds
11-11-11, 21:13
By and large, asking prices be it new or older apartments are still about 15 to 20 percent higher than the last transacted prices. It means that you have to bargain hard. Possibly, there are not many serious sellers right now.

flagship74
11-11-11, 22:00

wait for a while if u have the luxury of time:sleep:

august
11-11-11, 22:15
prcies are peak-ish
and yes it will drop, but when and by how much no one knows ~

mcmlxxvi
11-11-11, 23:18

With a body like that you can earn tons as underwear model (CK eg) and afford one bedder in District 9 ba... :tongue3:

On a more serious note, prices unlikely to drop, since it is the ever hot D15 and a generally atas estate, plus the impending potential of future mrt...

However my views may be colored since i m vested there.

devilplate
11-11-11, 23:26
With a body like that you can earn tons as underwear model (CK eg) and afford one bedder in District 9 ba... :tongue3:

On a more serious note, prices unlikely to drop, since it is the ever hot D15 and a generally atas estate, plus the impending potential of future mrt...

tk and joo chiat ppty px grow prolly the slowest in whole d15....

mcmlxxvi
11-11-11, 23:36
tk and joo chiat ppty px grow prolly the slowest in whole d15....

Oh ya... Guess the main drivers of D15 is meyer and amber areas...

Eastboy
11-11-11, 23:44

Haha thanks mcmlxxv for thinking so highly of my "earning power"....did do some part time modeling in the past....the pay is shit lor:banghead:

Sigh I will slog harder to buy a district 9 MM!

Jcmillineum
12-11-11, 09:58
Haha thanks mcmlxxv for thinking so highly of my "earning power"....did do some part time modeling in the past....the pay is shit lor:banghead:

Sigh I will slog harder to buy a district 9 MM!

Modelling is not easy work... most of the time have to carry balls and do entertainment and the bargaining power for models very low...
tell u what, but your TK before it goes higher next year. I bought one last Oct last year and within a year now it has appreciated close to 200k.

I'm not selling though, waiting to move in!!:D

devilplate
12-11-11, 10:04
Modelling is not easy work... most of the time have to carry balls and do entertainment and the bargaining power for models very low...
tell u what, but your TK before it goes higher next year. I bought one last Oct last year and within a year now it has appreciated close to 200k.

I'm not selling though, waiting to move in!!:D
u mean espira suites? Where got appreciated 200k? U bot penthse or 2bdr isit? Penthse was lelong at 1kpsf.....jus checked sold at 938psf for last 2 Ph

Jcmillineum
12-11-11, 12:47
u mean espira suites? Where got appreciated 200k? U bot penthse or 2bdr isit? Penthse was lelong at 1kpsf.....jus checked sold at 938psf for last 2 Ph

erm not that one....

Eastboy
12-11-11, 12:52

I think he meant those MMs issit? Those best for capital appreciation, but I believe there is a price ceiling for MMs in OCR areas because I think it is quite unimaginable to pay 800-900k for a MM now.

devilplate
12-11-11, 12:59
erm not that one....
must reveal the project name if not lose ur credibility like basic....lol

Jcmillineum
12-11-11, 18:48
must reveal the project name if not lose ur credibility like basic....lol

erm, i'm not accountable to the devil...sorry

Wild Falcon
12-11-11, 21:03
Just few days ago got a report that tracks performance of MM. D15 has the most number of budget MMs but yet lacklustre performance. Saturated with too many low budget MM developments.

This is one area where u have the largest concentration of MMs and PSF has been pushed up due to small size of the units. I dun think units can go smaller anymore. In short prices are peakish. There are only that many wannabes who wants cramped condo at HDB price.

Eastboy
12-11-11, 21:43
Just few days ago got a report that tracks performance of MM. D15 has the most number of budget MMs but yet lacklustre performance. Saturated with too many low budget MM developments.

This is one area where u have the largest concentration of MMs and PSF has been pushed up due to small size of the units. I dun think units can go smaller anymore. In short prices are peakish. There are only that many wannabes who wants cramped condo at HDB price.

Wild falcon r u saying I am wannabe? :beats-me-man:

marktkt22
13-11-11, 00:27
It will drop but dunno when, maybe within 2yr, maybe longer...
Developer r cheaper, than sub sale. .i think. .
9xx psf unlikely... At least 1100 min..:you r not the one waiting for price Correct... many forumer also waiting...

dtrax
13-11-11, 00:53
MM increase 200k in 3mths onie 1 know lol

devilplate
13-11-11, 08:17
9xx psf unlikely... At least 1100 min..:you r not the one waiting for price Correct... many forumer also waiting...

prices definitely will drop one day.....nobody argues about it

i actually feel tat our last qtr PPI will be negative oredi(-1-2%).....my 2cents lah.....

9xxpsf for resale units(normal 2-3bdr....non-MM) in TK i tink is possible....

Jcmillineum
13-11-11, 12:17

You may not want to wait...knowing district 15 has one of the lowest price increase only means one thing...people will all rush in to buy D15 as it has the most potential to rise in price still!!:scared-5:

marktkt22
14-11-11, 06:41
Agreed, let wait for the Correctn that we waiting,

prices definitely will drop one day.....nobody argues about it

i actually feel tat our last qtr PPI will be negative oredi(-1-2%).....my 2cents lah.....

9xxpsf for resale units(normal 2-3bdr....non-MM) in TK i tink is possible....

marktkt22
14-11-11, 12:18
With all due respect, either you are the most bullish buyer
Or you are an agent , or both

You may not want to wait...knowing district 15 has one of the lowest price increase only means one thing...people will all rush in to buy D15 as it has the most potential to rise in price still!!:scared-5:

Shawn
15-11-11, 02:33
With all due respect, either you are the most bullish buyer
Or you are an agent , or both

Price will correct if there is an economic catastrophe coming from Europe and US side...at this case property price will drop 5-10% the most. Thats all u can ever hope for. But should there be an economic recovery, which I expect to come fast after a slowdown, property price will jump 10-15%. So the shortfall will be more than made up by the upward trend in price.

Singapore is a tiny island...its not going to be a cheap place anymore. Even a HDB in Marine Parade already calling at $650 psf, so if you continue to dream on buying condos in the TK/Marine Parade for less than $1000 psf, you are practically an illogical person. Those years of 1998, 2004 where condos are selling at $600-700psf are gone. Its not coming back.

Shawn
15-11-11, 02:42

Hahaha look whos talking ? What about these condos Aalto, Silversea, Meyerise etc. are they considered MMs as well ??? These condos have big sized units and some even selling above $2300 psf. Penthouses at Aalto are transacted above $2400psf and one at $3000 psf. A 4000 sq.ft condo at Meyerise was just sold for over $10 million. And a 4 bedroom 2200 sq.ft unit at Silversea was sold at $5 million plus early this year.

More than 20 units of Meyerise 3 bedroom and 4 bedrooms varying in sizes from 1800-2100 sq.ft many are transacted at above $2000 psf. Are these all MM units ?? Aalto developer sold more than 50 units of 3 and 4 bedroom units from $1700 - $2700 psf prices. And these units size are above $1500 sq.ft.

You are just making an uneducated guess. There are many MMs in River Valley/Orchard/Tanjong Pagar areas too. But you must consider the fact that the east side is also able to get buyers to pay above $2000psf for a unit of 1500 sq.ft and more is not an easy feat. Only District 9 and 10 can beat that.

Jonathan0503
15-11-11, 08:04
Those years of 1998, 2004 where condos are selling at $600-700psf are gone. Its not coming back.

I got it even cheaper. $5xx psf for a FH in D15 in 2005.

mcmlxxvi
15-11-11, 10:31
Agreed, let wait for the Correctn that we waiting,

Property price will always go up in the long term.

Miss the boat (a la aiya i should have...)

Or

Bite the bullet now (and chew on it, when still can swallow; a la cant beat them join them la)

Your choice...

Eastboy
15-11-11, 11:35
Property price will always go up in the long term.

Miss the boat (a la aiya i should have...)

Or

Bite the bullet now (and chew on it, when still can swallow; a la cant beat them join them la)

Your choice...

to me i am bullish about D15. so many good schs, seaside, young couples, creative class, proximity to town, peranakan flavours, parkway, classy condos....hiyo, those who cannot afford city will push themselves out to D15. hence constantly have demand one....

fiat500
15-11-11, 16:51
to me i am bullish about D15. so many good schs, seaside, young couples, creative class, proximity to town, peranakan flavours, parkway, classy condos....hiyo, those who cannot afford city will push themselves out to D15. hence constantly have demand one....
instead of telok kurau,why not consider projects on mountbatten rd (ola,mountbatten suites) or haig rd (haig 162)..there are definitely more upside potential there than TK...:cheers6:

devilplate
15-11-11, 17:00
instead of telok kurau,why not consider projects on mountbatten rd (ola,mountbatten suites) or haig rd (haig 162)..there are definitely more upside potential there than TK...:cheers6:
bcoz joo chiat followed by tk r the cheapest in whole d15 liao?

fiat500
15-11-11, 17:35
bcoz joo chiat followed by tk r the cheapest in whole d15 liao?
i just find there's not much selling point for telok kurau area as its not accessible if u dont drive.
joo chiat is becoz of the sleaze in that area..budget hotels,pubs with vietnamese,prc chix etc..

Jcmillineum
15-11-11, 21:21

Plus gorgeous people...yup, please do consider D15, it has the most potential considering prices haven't risen much yet...

Jcmillineum
15-11-11, 21:22
Im bullish about D15 too....can't wait to stay though..:o

Eastboy
15-11-11, 21:26
Im bullish about D15 too....can't wait to stay though..:o

Haha r u saying you are gorgeous lol

Jonathan0503
16-11-11, 08:01
Plus gorgeous people...yup, please do consider D15, it has the most potential considering prices haven't risen much yet...

Thought D15 has risen quite a lot over the last few years?

marktkt22
16-11-11, 10:24
It unlikely to crash, .... with a pool of ready buyer.
There like a very pool of bystanders waiting to buy at 10% Correctn, ...including me.
15% would be a miracles ....
Interest rate spike of 5-6% would be the most lethal cm....

jwong71
16-11-11, 10:43
It unlikely to crash, .... with a pool of ready buyer.
There like a very pool of bystanders waiting to buy at 10% Correctn, ...including me.
15% would be a miracles ....
Interest rate spike of 5-6% would be the most lethal cm....

ask urself, did u buy any stocks recently when it drop 10%?

its likely no, for many pple. cos adapt the wait and see mentality for a clearer sky.

10% in props, may not eunff to trigger buys. if the sky is blur, CM, SSD all in place

hyenergix
16-11-11, 11:08
ask urself, did u buy any stocks recently when it drop 10%?

its likely no, for many pple. cos adapt the wait and see mentality for a clearer sky.

10% in props, may not eunff to trigger buys. if the sky is blur, CM, SSD all in place

Shd trigger at 10% discount for properties from current prices. $1 million condo at $900k. V good value.

jwong71
16-11-11, 11:10
Shd trigger at 10% discount for properties from current prices. $1 million condo at $900k. V good value.

for own stay 10%, perhaps.

for investors... very much depend on sentiment

azeoprop
16-11-11, 11:14
I think Parc Elegence is giving some extra discounts to their penthouse units. TOP soon. 1 bedroom penthouse around 800k. 1000psf.

:beats-me-man:

Eastboy
16-11-11, 20:59
I think Parc Elegence is giving some extra discounts to their penthouse units. TOP soon. 1 bedroom penthouse around 800k. 1000psf.

:beats-me-man:

Really, but how much wld the goal quantum be? I honk for small devts quantum matters more than psf.

Eastboy
16-11-11, 21:01
for own stay 10%, perhaps.

for investors... very much depend on sentiment

In fact it has happened. My colleague recently bought a unit at Lorong n. seller asked for $1.05million, she negotiated to $940k. Signs of sellers lowering their expectations already...

jwong71
16-11-11, 21:23
In fact it has happened. My colleague recently bought a unit at Lorong n. seller asked for $1.05million, she negotiated to $940k. Signs of sellers lowering their expectations already...

my earlier posts quoted few projects alrdy price down, transacted lower than previous.

but tedderbear got aggressive over it.

*so i got the msg, it not advisable to share any price trend/ caveats on forum??

Jonathan0503
16-11-11, 21:32

Asking for certain sum and then lower it to conclude the sale is not conclusive that price has dropped or there's a correction.

Has to compare with last transacted price of the same project having same size, floor, etc

solsys
17-11-11, 01:31
Telok Kurau too many units.

Agree Haig got more potential.

hyenergix
17-11-11, 06:40

I expect next year to be worse. I maintain 5-10% correct from current prices, except for those near MRTs. From Q3-Q4 of this year:
- Land bids are lower
- Individual units asking prices are stagnated
- Enbloc asking prices are coming down
- MMs sales are slowing down, mass market condo sales not near MRT are worse
- Rental has peaked or starting to come down
- More property advertisements show anxiety of developers

fiat500
17-11-11, 15:22
I expect next year to be worse. I maintain 5-10% correct from current prices, except for those near MRTs. From Q3-Q4 of this year:
- Land bids are lower
- Individual units asking prices are stagnated
- Enbloc asking prices are coming down
- MMs sales are slowing down, mass market condo sales not near MRT are worse
- Rental has peaked or starting to come down
- More property advertisements show anxiety of developers
MMs sales are slowing down?? i reckon not.
the 1 bedders launched in geylang lor 39 d'weave n regent residences were snapped up instantly..
in fact imo,price to remain stagnated is healthy overall cos its a sign that prices are steady n have stabilised..
i would rather have it this way than for prices to keep going up coz it will also tumble hard.
as for rental,1 must see location n project itself..
icon,clift,sail,esta n cotz d'azur are still getting good rentals n fast take up rates also..:cheers6:

Jcmillineum
18-11-11, 21:44
MMs sales are slowing down?? i reckon not.
the 1 bedders launched in geylang lor 39 d'weave n regent residences were snapped up instantly..
in fact imo,price to remain stagnated is healthy overall cos its a sign that prices are steady n have stabilised..
i would rather have it this way than for prices to keep going up coz it will also tumble hard.
as for rental,1 must see location n project itself..
icon,clift,sail,esta n cotz d'azur are still getting good rentals n fast take up rates also..:cheers6:

I totally agree with you!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

hyenergix
18-11-11, 21:55
I'm comparing across a period of abt 2 years, when e MM craze was e hottest. Many MM apartments could b fully sold in a few days or weeks. Now they take months.

fiat500
19-11-11, 01:54
I'm comparing across a period of abt 2 years, when e MM craze was e hottest. Many MM apartments could b fully sold in a few days or weeks. Now they take months.
the 2 projects that i mentioned: d'weave n regent residences 1 bedder units were sold out on the vvip preview day itself..
it doesnt even need days not to mention weeks..
i am surprised too! :cheers6:

hyenergix
19-11-11, 06:17
the 2 projects that i mentioned: d'weave n regent residences 1 bedder units were sold out on the vvip preview day itself..
it doesnt even need days not to mention weeks..
i am surprised too! :cheers6:

There are many more MMs than these two outstanding ones. Many of them still sell well but slower as compared to 2 years+ back when I started looking at MMs ;)

TKT
19-11-11, 08:11
I believe the upcoming developments in Bedok and later Paya Lebar, will substantially bring up the prices of TK apartments, especially those near to Kembangan MRT, so there will be upside potential. Again, as I have mentioned before in various threads, those Lorongs G, H and maybe upto J and not further eastwards than perhaps half the length of the Lorongs (except G) - so not all of TK is similarly well-connected to MRT.

Example, the prices of Bedok Residences expected to be upwards of 1200-1500psf, these are 99LH and next to a very busy road and bus interchange. So, those staying near Kembangan MRT, these are just 1 MRT away, FH and most are in a nice, quiet, leafy neighbourhood will stand to benefit overall. These apartments are also easy to rent out as the expat community here is quite significant.

My 2x :2cents:

:47:

Laguna
19-11-11, 08:13
the one at former Lion City Hotel is expected to be around $1600-$1800

TKT
19-11-11, 08:13
I believe the upcoming developments in Bedok and later Paya Lebar, will substantially bring up the prices of TK apartments, especially those near to Kembangan MRT, so there will be upside potential. Again, as I have mentioned before in various threads, those Lorongs G, H and maybe upto J and not further eastwards than perhaps half the length of the Lorongs (except G) - so not all of TK is similarly well-connected to MRT.

Example, the prices of Bedok Residences expected to be upwards of 1200-1500psf, these are 99LH and next to a very busy road and bus interchange. So, those staying near Kembangan MRT, these are just 1 MRT away, FH and most are in a nice, quiet, leafy neighbourhood will stand to benefit overall. These apartments are also easy to rent out as the expat community here is quite significant.

My 2x :2cents:

Sorry, should be westwards towards city... not eastwards! :D

East Lover
19-11-11, 08:40
the one at former Lion City Hotel is expected to be around $1600-$1800
Depends on when to launch? If next year, according to basic theory, it will be 50% discount, so $800- $900/psf? Even cheaper than DBR???:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Eastboy
19-11-11, 08:46
Depends on when to launch? If next year, according to basic theory, it will be 50% discount, so $800- $900/psf? Even cheaper than DBR???:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Might as well pray for 4xxpsf haha

Jcmillineum
19-11-11, 08:53
Might as well pray for 4xxpsf haha

by the time u wait...it will escalate to 2k psf....don't wait

Eastboy
19-11-11, 10:37

wah lay you very bullish leh! kekekeke :cheers1:

TKT
19-11-11, 10:47

I think TK prices about 10% discount to Marine Parade area is "reasonable"... :D ... afterall it is just 5mins drive away...

devilplate
19-11-11, 10:52
I think TK prices about 10% discount to Marine Parade area is "reasonable"... :D ... afterall it is just 5mins drive away...

shd be more.....

15-20% discount by comparing both median psf bcoz TK all apt status whereas MP mostly full condo

Jcmillineum
19-11-11, 14:28

Marine parade may be too crowded, ppl will look at TK

NdB
25-11-11, 07:35
Marine parade may be too crowded, ppl will look at TK

After today's news, they will probably stop looking at TK....

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_737906.html

With the new requirement of an average unit size of 100m2, development potential of landed properties is gone, and long term value of developments with a high percentage of MM units will be evaporated.

kane
25-11-11, 08:23
Landed property bull run will slow down because of the new requirements.

mcmlxxvi
25-11-11, 10:13

With the new requirement of an average unit size of 100m2, development potential of landed properties is gone, and long term value of developments with a high percentage of MM units will be evaporated.
Yep. MM projects plot are usually maximised anyway so there is no long term potential for enbloc to speak of. Existing TK MM will become rare property as you cant get affordable living in landed enclave anymore.

devilplate
25-11-11, 11:54
Yep. MM projects plot are usually maximised anyway so there is no long term potential for enbloc to speak of. Existing TK MM will become rare property as you cant get affordable living in landed enclave anymore.
yes....actually gd news for existing MM owners.....the fear of oversupply of MMs haf somehow subsided

bad news for MM developers and those who bot landed ppty hoping to sold enbloc to developers.....

how oxley share doing? can short till delist? LOL

eng81157
25-11-11, 12:36
yes....actually gd news for existing MM owners.....the fear of oversupply of MMs haf somehow subsided

bad news for MM developers and those who bot landed ppty hoping to sold enbloc to developers.....

how oxley share doing? can short till delist? LOL

and MND decides to implement what i've been advocating since umpteen months ago.

devilplate
25-11-11, 12:40
and MND decides to implement what i've been advocating since umpteen months ago.
i seriously dun tink they got the idea from here.....to them we r just 'noises' from the cyberworld.....

i believe its due to existing landed owners collectively making an appeal or complaint and escalate it to URA/MND

eng81157
25-11-11, 12:51
i seriously dun tink they got the idea from here.....to them we r just 'noises' from the cyberworld.....

i believe its due to existing landed owners collectively making an appeal or complaint and escalate it to URA/MND

believe it's also partly due to MM units skewing psf to the upper end of the spectrum and thus, giving a false impression of a perpetually growing property cycle. add on the kiasu mentality of singaporeans and viola! feeding frenzy and super long queues at property launches, e.g. bedok residences

hyenergix
25-11-11, 12:57
WHO lives in landed property? MIWs.

hyenergix
25-11-11, 13:05

Conspiracy theory is the Internet savvy M of MND was here also, n picked up ur idea...:D

marktkt22
25-11-11, 17:19
That your answer...

WHO lives in landed property? MIWs.

wannabe
25-11-11, 19:41
That your answer...

They usually stay in landed housing estates w/o plot ratio.

Shawn
25-11-11, 20:11

This also means that the remainding MM units will be able to fetch super sky high prices as we wont be seeing this MM units again anytime soon. So owners can ask for higher prices if they wanna sell. There will be limited units available for sales.

With lesser land available for development purposes, buyers will have lesser choices of condos and owners can pull up their prices higher.

Isnt that logic to say this?

NdB
25-11-11, 21:11
This also means that the remainding MM units will be able to fetch super sky high prices as we wont be seeing this MM units again anytime soon. So owners can ask for higher prices if they wanna sell. There will be limited units available for sales.

With lesser land available for development purposes, buyers will have lesser choices of condos and owners can pull up their prices higher.

No - unless you look at from a standpoint of an investor who does not understand the big picture.

If you have no money and are desperate to invest in property and buy an MM unit in TK today, then I think you are going to get burned in the long run unless you can take the money, run and get out on time.

The value of TK properties as a whole will go down - the average PSF has been pushed by the MM-factor. I think if you have a large unit, it does not really matter as you never paid the MM-penalty in the first place. But if you paid the MM-surcharge, your only hope is to get a good return and I don't think that is possible. Today you get a decent rental and 2-4% return. Once the property is 10 years old, the shine is off and it is just an ugly shoebox without amenities. You can probably rent it out but the return will be less. No investor is willing to buy it with a MM-surcharge because the returns are not there. No speculator is willing to buy it with a MM-surcharge because the redevelopment potential into new MMs is not there. No owner-occupier is going to buy it because it is too small and too expensive - a 3 room HDB is a better option. Again, I think you are ok if you have a decent size unit targeted at owner-occupiers.

And there is an over supply of MMs in the first place so supply-demand will not help either.

Jcmillineum
25-11-11, 21:19

I totally agree with you...MM units will be more sought after as they are more affordable, and as the news say, only developers will pay high price for landed, so landed will go down...but due to the will be drop in supply of MMs, the MMs prices will go up, especially those located near the park connector and mrt!
Well done telok kurau!!
:o :o :o :o :o

hyenergix
25-11-11, 21:23
I'm expect FH/999 MM apartments supply to be choked off, so their prices will rise. Only 99LH mass market condos can move now. Maybe we will see more bigger 99LH MM apartments.

kane
25-11-11, 21:29
I'm expect FH/999 MM apartments supply to be choked off, so their prices will rise. Only 99LH mass market condos can move now. Maybe we will see more bigger 99LH MM apartments.

MMs can be built in places with higher plot ratios right? just these few low plot ratios private estate that they can't build them anymore yes?

wannabe
25-11-11, 21:36
I totally agree with you...MM units will be more sought after as they are more affordable, and as the news say, only developers will pay high price for landed, so landed will go down...but due to the will be drop in supply of MMs, the MMs prices will go up, especially those located near the park connector and mrt!
Well done telok kurau!!
:o :o :o :o :o
disagree!
MMs will always be crap....
The main reason why the prices of TK landed properties are 15-20% below Marine Parade/Meyer landed is because of the ever growing condos mushrooming in the area! Hopefully this ruling will narrow the price gap

wannabe
25-11-11, 21:38
MMs can be built in places with higher plot ratios right? just these few low plot ratios private estate that they can't build them anymore yes?
Yes! you are right.
You can still build MMs in TK just that it wont be commercially viable.

hyenergix
25-11-11, 21:40

Blanket restriction for plot ratio 1.4 from what I interpret, just more strict for Telok Kurau. Most good areas with 1.4 plot ratio belong to FH/999LH landed. I expect the ruling to be expanded to other areas. Hold on tight to your FH/999LH MM.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_737906.html

1. The URA has set a minimum plot size of 1,000 sq m for all non-landed residential projects. There were no restrictions previously.

2. It has also limited the maximum number of flats on land parcels with a gross plot ratio of 1.4.

3. The maximum number of homes for such sites will now be determined by a formula where a site's maximum gross floor area (GFA) will be divided by 70 sq m. The aim, said the URA, is to 'safeguard livability'.

4. The rule will be even more stringent in the Telok Kurau estate where the URA has noted a rapid proliferation of small apartments. The GFA on sites there will be divided by 100 sq m, which will result in even fewer units.

mcmlxxvi
25-11-11, 21:47
It is said by analysts that Landed/land price in these areas will drop by as much as 20%

marktkt22
25-11-11, 21:51
Serious, i am not sure it will go up or down.
If up, how much higher, it already v exp.
If down .... Becos no tenant ? Unlivable ...?
Now mm are 6xxk , up mean 7xx k...? ?
Might as well buy 2 bedder at 800-900k .

jwong71
25-11-11, 21:53

MM are makeup of investors with lower budget and die die to invest.
quatuam must be low, to attract buyers.

if prices for MM is to fetch sky high, isnt it going to priced out the budget investors??
etc 550k for 366sqft for a MM, and do you expect to sell 600-700k after choked off supply of MM?

then who buy?

mcmlxxvi
25-11-11, 22:03
There is a limit how much MM can be priced before it doesn't make sense to buy anymore. Normal new 2bedders range from 750k onwards. Given there probably wont be much new MM, existing MM price ceiling perhaps 550-650k max. With rental at 2.3k to 2.5k it still makes for good investment. Most investors of MM looking for rental income and not capital gain. Capital gain days of flipping Option of MM are long over. Personally I dont think MM price will increase, but because it has become rare goods, it will be much more easy to sell off to smaller time investors in future.

jwong71
25-11-11, 22:21
There is a limit how much MM can be priced before it doesn't make sense to buy anymore. Normal new 2bedders range from 750k onwards. Given there probably wont be much new MM, existing MM price ceiling perhaps 550-650k max. With rental at 2.3k to 2.5k it still makes for good investment. Most investors of MM looking for rental income and not capital gain. Capital gain days of flipping Option of MM are long over. Personally I dont think MM price will increase, but because it has become rare goods, it will be much more easy to sell off to smaller time investors in future.

new launches 2bedders 600-690k.

parc vera 710sqft, starting from 606k hedges park 764sqft

mcmlxxvi
25-11-11, 22:27
new launches 2bedders 600-690k.

parc vera 710sqft, starting from 606k hedges park 764sqft
In relevant GPR 1.4 areas please.

marktkt22
25-11-11, 22:47
Agreed, and as jwong71 said, mm survive by low quantum, or it not mm anymore....

Shawn
25-11-11, 23:50
Capitaland just sold an MM unit 594 sq.ft 1+1 bedroom at Bedok Residences 99 years leasehold for approx $900k. It shows that MM can still move if location is good.

TK is going to have their own mrt soon by 2018. Once the government announces the news, prices of TK condos will follow. If you think TK prices are expensive, then consider Ponggol or Sengkang. No other place is cheaper nowadays...everything is going up with inflation.

Shawn
26-11-11, 00:02

if prices for MM is to fetch sky high, isnt it going to priced out the budget investors??
etc 550k for 366sqft for a MM, and do you expect to sell 600-700k after choked off supply of MM?

then who buy?

Please bear in mind that the big units at the East Coast (District 15) are also selling well. D15 is the most popular residential district in Singapore, and the 3rd most prime after District 9 and 10. It has been reported in the papers recently and I am not making any assumptions.

Some newly launched condos in D15 are able to get above $2500psf for some of their units, and new condo launches in Amber and Meyer areas are now averaging $1800-2300psf. And you be surprised these are all not MM units. They are large sized units ranging from 1000 - 6500 sq.ft. Far East, CDL and a China developer will be launching 3 new condos in the Amber/Marine Parade area and its highly expected that they are launching them above $2000psf. This is because the 3 are located in enbloc properties of which the breakeven price already is more than $1600psf.

Some of the newest condos like Aalto, Silversea, Meyerise, The Cape are all in the east and they are selling at close to $2000psf or more. This is actually D9/D10 prices for the medium range condos, and yet they are easily transacted and you see ongoing transactions every month without fail.

Next on the enbloc list is Laguna Park. Once successful, be prepared to see condos there (99 years) launched at above $1500psf. And it wont be MM units for sure.

Dont underestimate the potential of D15. It has been a traditionally strong residential area with its charm of the sea and the landscape, with fine eateries around Katong n the airport is just a brisk away.

Jcmillineum
26-11-11, 09:14

then who buy?

FOr your information...the phenomenon is already happening...valuation for MM units in TK is from 650k onwards now...

Jcmillineum
26-11-11, 09:18
Please bear in mind that the big units at the East Coast (District 15) are also selling well. D15 is the most popular residential district in Singapore, and the 3rd most prime after District 9 and 10. It has been reported in the papers recently and I am not making any assumptions.

Some newly launched condos in D15 are able to get above $2500psf for some of their units, and new condo launches in Amber and Meyer areas are now averaging $1800-2300psf. And you be surprised these are all not MM units. They are large sized units ranging from 1000 - 6500 sq.ft. Far East, CDL and a China developer will be launching 3 new condos in the Amber/Marine Parade area and its highly expected that they are launching them above $2000psf. This is because the 3 are located in enbloc properties of which the breakeven price already is more than $1600psf.

Some of the newest condos like Aalto, Silversea, Meyerise, The Cape are all in the east and they are selling at close to $2000psf or more. This is actually D9/D10 prices for the medium range condos, and yet they are easily transacted and you see ongoing transactions every month without fail.

Next on the enbloc list is Laguna Park. Once successful, be prepared to see condos there (99 years) launched at above $1500psf. And it wont be MM units for sure.

Dont underestimate the potential of D15. It has been a traditionally strong residential area with its charm of the sea and the landscape, with fine eateries around Katong n the airport is just a brisk away.

Yes Shawn! I believe TK is the next Holland V to come, where expats will live as its so close to the beach and fine eateries like siglap and kembangan stretch. I always go against sentiments, and when people are itching to catch TK properties one day....behold, the wave of expats will arise...

wannabe
26-11-11, 13:01
It is said by analysts that Landed/land price in these areas will drop by as much as 20%

That sounds great! where is your source of info?

wannabe
26-11-11, 13:03
Agreed, and as jwong71 said, mm survive by low quantum, or it not mm anymore....

Agreed!....MMs are not welcomed in a prime area like D15.

Leeds
26-11-11, 13:08
That sounds great! where is your source of info?

Landed home prices to fall in some areas after new rules, say analysts

by Wong Siew Ying

04:45 AM Nov 26, 2011

SINGAPORE - Prices of landed homes in Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat could
fall by 10 to 20 per cent following the introduction of new rules by the
Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) to limit the number of apartments that
can be built in low-density housing areas, property analysts said.

The rules, which kicked in on Thursday, are more likely to affect smaller
developers, the analysts said. The plot size for all new flat developments
in Singapore must now be at least 1,000 sq m and there is a cap on the
number of units that can be built in a project in certain areas to prevent
overcrowding.

Homeowners hoping to sell their plots for redevelopment in the areas
identified by the URA as "problematic" will be particularly hit, analysts
said. According to its circular to professional institutes, the URA named
Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat/Jalan Eunos estates.

Mr Eugene Lim, key executive officer at property consultancy ERA, said:
"Developers are known to pay higher prices for land because they know they
can build small units and they can price them at higher per square foot.

"There are now restrictions. You will see developers being less aggressive
in their bids and we could possibly see prices for land in these areas
coming down by as much as between 10 and 20 per cent."

With the new requirements, developers will not be able to build as many
units on the site. For instance, in the past, a 1,000-sq-m plot would yield
about 20 units, but now the developers can build just over 10 units on the
same plot.

Because the URA has limited the number of "shoebox" or small units that can
be built in a project in order to improve the overall living environment,
analysts said developers will now have to rethink their marketing strategy.

"If you are looking at a much larger unit, say about 1,200 sq ft and you are
hoping to sell at the same unit price of S$1,000 psf, then you are talking
about close to S$1.2 million, as opposed to less than a million kind of
quantum. Therefore it may not be easy to sell," said Ms Chia Siew Chuin,
director of Research & Advisory at Colliers International.

But the upside of the new rules is that housing units will be better
designed, more spacious and with larger areas for landscaping.

devilplate
26-11-11, 13:53
More like 10-20% lower enbloc px....

Sell in the open market shd be slightly higher for landed since no more new apts in near future

wannabe
26-11-11, 14:19
More like 10-20% lower enbloc px....

Sell in the open market shd be slightly higher for landed since no more new apts in near future
agree. complaints were made by residents in the affected areas in the 1st place, hence the ruling.
How do people live in MMs anyway?

Leeds
08-02-12, 10:58
With the new ruling, new apartments must be at least 1076 sq ft in the case of TK and 753 sq ft in the case of Kovan area. It would mean that land price in TK and Kovan areas will be greatly affected since no more MM units are allowed. With reducing land prices, I would expect the price pressure will also be filtered down to the older developments in these areas where most of these developments have potential for en bloc. I believe prices for these older developments should also come down in line with the new restrictions.

TKT
08-02-12, 11:07
With the new ruling, new apartments must be at least 1076 sq ft in the case of TK and 753 sq ft in the case of Kovan area. It would mean that land price in TK and Kovan areas will be greatly affected since no more MM units are allowed. With reducing land prices, I would expect the price pressure will also be filtered down to the older developments in these areas where most of these developments have potential for en bloc. I believe prices for these older developments should also come down in line with the new restrictions.

Bro, how to come down in TK when the prices of L99 in Punggol can be 1300-1500psf? ... vs freehold around 1000psf for the older projects and maybe 1200-1300psf for the new ones in TK?

In fact, this new ruling is very good news for TK apartments, as it means lesser supply in future (or at least unlikely to have MMs anymore) whereas the demand for rentals/own living in this area remains so strong.

Hold on to this, if you already have one... and get more if the prices are right!

If you were referring to landed, though, then may be prices will moderate.
Indeed the landed prices have gone up so much, partly due to enbloc reasons and this new ruling certainly put paid to quite a few hopefuls.

On the flip side, for those who live and dont intend to enbloc there, certainly welcomed the change, as otherwise their nice landed neighborhood becomes a nightmare of rows and rows of apartments.

For existing apartments though, it is, as I mentioned, a good thing.

wind30
19-02-12, 14:18
If you were referring to landed, though, then may be prices will moderate.
Indeed the landed prices have gone up so much, partly due to enbloc reasons and this new ruling certainly put paid to quite a few hopefuls.

On the flip side, for those who live and dont intend to enbloc there, certainly welcomed the change, as otherwise their nice landed neighborhood becomes a nightmare of rows and rows of apartments.

For existing apartments though, it is, as I mentioned, a good thing.

I think he is refering to landed lah.

I think it is a bit too late. I drove down TK area today on sunday just to check out how the place is like. So crowded with small roads. Full of cars parked to one side and driving in and out is troublesome. JooChiat, east coast road also jam and crowded.

Seriously all people who bought TK landed thinking of enbloc are now royally screwed. No chance, price drop, and estate so crowded because of all the mini condos. Really does not feel like landed especially driving around the estate. So many cars and so jam.

Where do TK guys go and eat? Parking looks like a nightmare at all the eateries.