PDA

View Full Version : Katong mall

marktkt22
07-11-11, 15:48
Wait until neck v long, Katong mall not ready yet ...sian. .

devilplate
07-11-11, 16:09
Wait until neck v long, Katong mall not ready yet ...sian. .
shd b ready by dec

Piglet
10-11-11, 17:18
looks more or less completed liao leh. can't wait for my 24 hours cold storage to come back!

its coming back rite????

gn108
11-11-11, 08:32
And with a cinema ...midnite show with the girlfriend.

iwantgizmos
11-11-11, 11:19
Also got Food Republic for those makan-lovers...

eng81157
11-11-11, 13:32
Also got Food Republic for those makan-lovers...

so many good eateries along east coast leh......wouldn't settle for food republic myself :D

gn108
11-11-11, 13:42
Agree...tons to choose from over there.
Baba, bah kut or bbq ribs, even Pinoy food...colourful place
Only thing it's very congested on that side of joo chiat...

eng81157
11-11-11, 13:45
Agree...tons to choose from over there.
Baba, bah kut or bbq ribs, even Pinoy food...colourful place
Only thing it's very congested on that side of joo chiat...

no need joo chiat road........beef kway teow, prawn noodle, pasta, chicken rice just further down (or up, depending where you come from)

Jonathan0503
11-11-11, 15:33
so many good eateries along east coast leh......wouldn't settle for food republic myself :D

Yah, food republic price sucks!

Was charged $8 for a bowl of ba chor bee at vivo.:doh:

bullman
11-11-11, 18:49
no need joo chiat road........beef kway teow, prawn noodle, pasta, chicken rice just further down (or up, depending where you come from)

Just drove past to check on my Coralis and was pleasantly surprised to see part of the front facing facade for PSB. Certainly looks nice!

eng81157
11-11-11, 20:01
Yah, food republic price sucks!

Was charged $8 for a bowl of ba chor bee at vivo.:doh:

add two bucks and u can have a meal at astons!!! :D

Jonathan0503
11-11-11, 22:24
add two bucks and u can have a meal at astons!!! :D

Yalor, exorbitant prices. Thought $6 is already on the high side

Shawn
15-11-11, 03:19
Finally, we going to see a shopping mall which will stay awaken after midnight because it offers GV cinemas to movie goers as well as a rich servings of food from baba peranakan to ethnic malay, indian and chinese foods. I think Orchard will lose a big slice of its existing customers/shoppers.

The areas surrounding Katong Mall including Parkway will be brought back to life after 10pm. As of now, the shopping mood light goes off after 10pm but soon this will extend to after 12.

Paramount Shopping Mall will also be rejuvenated with Far East reconstructing the hotel component nearby. I can bet the hawker centres and the shops near Parkway Parade will also be brought back to life.

Its going to be a colorful mini city in this area cum mid-2012.

I heard that Katong Shopping Centre is also going for enbloc soon. I cant imagine if another shopping mall built there. This will effectively make this area second to Orchard Road shopping area.

Piglet
19-11-11, 01:06
I went inside the mall today and it looks so nice!

A lot of shops not opened yet. but Can tell its going to be quite hapening!

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 11:20
I went inside the mall today and it looks so nice!

A lot of shops not opened yet. but Can tell its going to be quite hapening!

But I think the traffic there (joo chiat, marine parade and east coast road) will be a nightmare once it's fully open

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 11:27
It has happened at Serangoon and Clementi when malls opened.
But I think the traffic there (joo chiat, marine parade and east coast road) will be a nightmare once it's fully open

Shawn
25-11-11, 20:02

The roads in the east is more organised as they have lots of junctions and side roads whereas in Serangoon its like if u are in that road, you will be stuck in it for good. I know some condo owners near Serangoon who desperately wanna sell their units cause of bad traffic.

In the east, there isnt much of a traffic congestion unless there is an accident or severe peak hours (6:15-7:15pm)

reuters
26-11-11, 07:39

These congestions did not happen by coincidence or by miscalculations you know? Clementi and Serangoon eventually became hubs, well connected by MRT and transport systems. Isn't this a strong sign of SOMETHING that may be planned near Katong mall, Roxy, Parkway area?

Worsty
26-11-11, 08:03

Katong to Still road stretch is already quite bad.Well, the search for parking at least.

Any idea how this mall is like with their tenant listings? More like Century Square type or like Tampines One?

Shawn
30-11-11, 23:45
Katong to Still road stretch is already quite bad.Well, the search for parking at least.

Any idea how this mall is like with their tenant listings? More like Century Square type or like Tampines One?

This whole katong/marine parade area is going to be exciting. Katong 112 mall is going to have a GV cinema the first cinema in Marine Parade area after so many years. And Katong 112 tenants are interesting with many established food joints and retail shops. The mall design is also modern, yet simplistic and open concept layout.

Marine Parade/Amber going to have 2 major shopping malls - Parkway Parade and Katong 112 with effect from 2012. And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area. Paramount Shopping & Hotel will undergo a major refurbishment by Far East (owner) to add color to this area. A Peranakan theme is set to make the malls different from other malls in Singapore.

Its going to be an exciting area to live in. I am now contemplating of buying a unit at The Silversea cause I can foresee the huge potential of this area after the announcement of the mrt construction near Amber and Marine Parade area.

devilplate
30-11-11, 23:50
This whole katong/marine parade area is going to be exciting. Katong 112 mall is going to have a GV cinema the first cinema in Marine Parade area after so many years. And Katong 112 tenants are interesting with many established food joints and retail shops. The mall design is also modern, yet simplistic and open concept layout.

Marine Parade/Amber going to have 2 major shopping malls - Parkway Parade and Katong 112 with effect from 2012. And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area. Paramount Shopping & Hotel will undergo a major refurbishment by Far East (owner) to add color to this area. A Peranakan theme is set to make the malls different from other malls in Singapore.

Its going to be an exciting area to live in. I am now contemplating of buying a unit at The Silversea cause I can foresee the huge potential of this area after the announcement of the mrt construction near Amber and Marine Parade area.

Y silversea.....our guru agent

Shawn
01-12-11, 00:26
Y silversea.....our guru agent

Silversea has the best seaview facing of all the condos in the east or u can say in Singapore other than those at Sentosa Cove of course. This is because Silversea is sited at a location the closest to the sea from Amber Road. The sea shore is probably like just less than 50 metres away from the Silversea condo fencing. Other condos like Cote D Azur, Costa Del Sol are located on a piece of land 50-100 metres away from the seashore. It makes a huge difference in terms of the seaview.

In addition, this development is beautiful and boast new concepts like fine dining area, small spa pools on mid bridge floor etc.

The only setback is its 99 years and not freehold. But then this area will be expensive regardless of condo status.

Jonathan0503
01-12-11, 08:18
And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area.

The plot of land katong shopping centre is sitting on is not very big compared to parkway parade leh. So how can it be the biggest mall in marine parade area? Unless the developer also buy over a substantial number of the landed residential units behind katong shopping centre?

devilplate
01-12-11, 08:30
Silversea has the best seaview facing of all the condos in the east or u can say in Singapore other than those at Sentosa Cove of course. This is because Silversea is sited at a location the closest to the sea from Amber Road. The sea shore is probably like just less than 50 metres away from the Silversea condo fencing. Other condos like Cote D Azur, Costa Del Sol are located on a piece of land 50-100 metres away from the seashore. It makes a huge difference in terms of the seaview.

In addition, this development is beautiful and boast new concepts like fine dining area, small spa pools on mid bridge floor etc.

The only setback is its 99 years and not freehold. But then this area will be expensive regardless of condo status.
silversea definitely the bestest project in tat area IF we disregard its LH status and pricing

but i tot entry px very impt? y not consider those resale FH apts along meyer wif seaview?

eng81157
01-12-11, 08:39
silversea definitely the bestest project in tat area IF we disregard its LH status and pricing

but i tot entry px very impt? y not consider those resale FH apts along meyer wif seaview?

well, i'm grateful to silversea pushing the psf limits to new heights, huat ah!!!! :D

Laguna
01-12-11, 08:56
I am not really exciting about Katong Mall. In fact, I am waiting for the transformation plan for the entire Marine Parade Town Centre which is easily 40 years old.

All the old shophouses, multiple storey carpark, hawker centre and market, NTUC, the church etc..the potential is so huge, and I think this will be announced once ERL is settled.

FEO knows it, that is why grabbing the land in this area

devilplate
01-12-11, 09:01
I am not really exciting about Katong Mall.
same same

i went there bcoz got 1st hr free parking....LOL!!!(no more free liao hor....ended oredi)

quite a small Mall....hopefully GV can last there lor....hehehe

marktkt22
01-12-11, 09:17
yeap, focus on projt near marine parade.
It will reap both erl and the town center revamp ...

solsys
01-12-11, 11:24

Totally agree.... the roads are way too narrow.... going to be like CitySquare at Kitchener......

tkc2263
01-12-11, 14:48
The roads in the east is more organised as they have lots of junctions and side roads whereas in Serangoon its like if u are in that road, you will be stuck in it for good. I know some condo owners near Serangoon who desperately wanna sell their units cause of bad traffic.

In the east, there isnt much of a traffic congestion unless there is an accident or severe peak hours (6:15-7:15pm)

Kid me not? Have you ever been caught in the jam at the junction of Mountbatten Road and Joo Chiat Road on normal days? Try driving there and you will know what I mean.

The fact that you have lots of junctions and side roads, no doubt more organised, results in bottlenecks.

I can imagine how much traffic jams it will create, assuming the number of car park lots, car park entry and exit remain status quo.

With Coralis, The Sound, Mountbatten Suites and the church goers there, its gonna be a BIG nightmare.

My :2cents: worth..

eng81157
01-12-11, 15:11
Kid me not? Have you ever been caught in the jam at the junction of Mountbatten Road and Joo Chiat Road on normal days? Try driving there and you will know what I mean.

The fact that you have lots of junctions and side roads, no doubt more organised, results in bottlenecks.

I can imagine how much traffic jams it will create, assuming the number of car park lots, car park entry and exit remain status quo.

With Coralis, The Sound, Mountbatten Suites and the church goers there, its gonna be a BIG nightmare.

My :2cents: worth..

as much as i hate to admit, this is true

gn108
01-12-11, 15:18
Don't forget the SeaWind - that's nice too. But adds to the traffic.

NdB
02-12-11, 12:21
as much as i hate to admit, this is true

To me it is not worse than any other place in Singapore. As long as you know how to drive to where you need to go it is not too bad. Ever tried Cairnhill, Novena, 6th Avenue and Bukit Timah Road at the wrong time of the day? East Coast road is a mess with all the cars parked there and people looking for a spot to park, but it is not jammed...

Don't forget the SeaWind - that's nice too. But adds to the traffic.

SeaWind is not even close to the area. That one is in TK.

Wolverine23
04-12-11, 07:13
revamp of Marine Parade central will be something which will be annouced in 1 - 2 years times. That is exciting.

For those of you who want some cheap action in the east, try TK.

With the new commercial/ residential projects such as heritage East & Vibes (which will easily add 60+ shops to that area) as well as the new shops popping up along east coast road, TK (Lor N/ M) and St PAtrick's area will be buzzing with life.

Add a MRT annoucment near there and you will probably get a 30% appreciation. :)

clemdale
04-12-11, 17:16
What do you guys think of the St Patrick's area?

revamp of Marine Parade central will be something which will be annouced in 1 - 2 years times. That is exciting.

For those of you who want some cheap action in the east, try TK.

With the new commercial/ residential projects such as heritage East & Vibes (which will easily add 60+ shops to that area) as well as the new shops popping up along east coast road, TK (Lor N/ M) and St PAtrick's area will be buzzing with life.

Add a MRT annoucment near there and you will probably get a 30% appreciation. :)

Laguna
04-12-11, 17:27

Grand Duchess
beautiful

Wolverine23
05-12-11, 23:00
St Patrick is a great area. Go for St Patrick's Loft, Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue... :p

clemdale
08-12-11, 18:35
I think so too. How are the prices compared to the marine parade area now?

St Patrick is a great area. Go for St Patrick's Loft, Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue... :p

Shawn
17-12-11, 02:29
I think so too. How are the prices compared to the marine parade area now?
UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15.

Imagine what will be the launch price for a new low floor condo at St Patrick Lodge old site ?? My bet around $1500-1600 psf. As well as the new condos coming out soon next year in Amber/Marine Parade will be close to $2000psf

As i mentioned earlier those condos which will be badly hit by the new law will be the top district 9 and 10, and city areas especially those with psf of $3500-5000psf. They have to lower psf to attract foreign buyers. But east side condos with price around $1500-$2500psf are priced to sell especially those with freehold titles.

tiverton18
17-12-11, 09:52
Should be St Patrick's Gardens, not St Patrick's Lodge.

Cannot agree with you more that the launch price will hit around the $1500 psf level with freehold status. St Patrick is a serene area to live compared to the overbuilt Amber Rd area.

With the future Telok Kurau MRT station likely to be situated within short walking distance from the St Patrick condos development and with more F & B coming up in the adjacent East Coast Rd/Telok Kurau N vicinity, the UOL project will definitely be a sell out, especially smaller units.

newbie11
17-12-11, 11:56
UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15.

Imagine what will be the launch price for a new low floor condo at St Patrick Lodge old site ?? My bet around $1500-1600 psf. As well as the new condos coming out soon next year in Amber/Marine Parade will be close to $2000psf

As i mentioned earlier those condos which will be badly hit by the new law will be the top district 9 and 10, and city areas especially those with psf of $3500-5000psf. They have to lower psf to attract foreign buyers. But east side condos with price around $1500-$2500psf are priced to sell especially those with freehold titles.
R u agent?

buttercarp
17-12-11, 15:48
Went to 112 Katong today.
Spent $50 or more and can get $2 off carpark rate.
Strange thing is that they don't give u a complimentary carpark exit coupon.
I was at Challenger, they just minus $2 off the bill.
Was thinking if did not park there but drove and they asked if you drove, and you said yes, then they will just minus $2 from your bill!

Jcmillineum
17-12-11, 16:24
Went to 112 Katong today.
Spent $50 or more and can get $2 off carpark rate.
Strange thing is that they don't give u a complimentary carpark exit coupon.
I was at Challenger, they just minus $2 off the bill.
Was thinking if did not park there but drove and they asked if you drove, and you said yes, then they will just minus $2 from your bill!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Thats for challenger only la.

buttercarp
17-12-11, 17:04
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Thats for challenger only la.

So for other outlets no parking rebate?
Or do they issue you with parking exit coupon?

phantom_opera
17-12-11, 17:57
terrible mall, small , cramped, dark, irregular shapes, same route for taxi/car to get in, only thing is cinema and a few cafes ...really disappointing ... Changi City point is 10X better

hyenergix
17-12-11, 18:39
terrible mall, small , cramped, dark, irregular shapes, same route for taxi/car to get in, only thing is cinema and a few cafes ...really disappointing ... Changi City point is 10X better

Mostly eateries I heard. I like small air-con malls with medium-sized (around 500-2000 sqft) shops that sell that things I usually need e.g.

Supermarket, Food-court, Electronics, Clothings, ATM and AXS machines, Mailbox, Confectionery.

Plus parking lots beside it. Like those in Jurong West.

buttercarp
17-12-11, 19:23

I prefer 112 Katong to Changi City Point.

112 Katong has different types of food, unlike Changi City Point which has food that are similar to most other malls.

112 Katong got free valet parking, in case it gets crowded and has 2 levels of carpark.

Changi City Point has only 1 level of carpark.
I was disappointed with Changi City Point.

devilplate
17-12-11, 20:21
Both mall cmi actually.....nothing much to shop.....go there makan and buy groceries ok lor...

buttercarp
17-12-11, 20:35
Both mall cmi actually.....nothing much to shop.....go there makan and buy groceries ok lor...

You are right.

At least 112 Katong is accessible to residents.
People who go along Katong to eat or send kids for enrichment lessons can drop by there.

Changi City Point is so out of the way.

Laguna
17-12-11, 20:51
UOL just acquired St Patrick Lodge for enbloc at $172 million a few days ago just after government announcement of 10% ABSD stamp duty on foreigners. It seems the big developers are bent on maintaining the price psf for District 15..

Hi Shawn
what is the psf ppr like?

devilplate
17-12-11, 21:23
You are right.

At least 112 Katong is accessible to residents.
People who go along Katong to eat or send kids for enrichment lessons can drop by there.

Changi City Point is so out of the way.
I aso tot changi pt will be quite empty during wkends....but den long queue to enter carpark.....zzzzzzzz

reuters
18-12-11, 11:05
I aso tot changi pt will be quite empty during wkends....but den long queue to enter carpark.....zzzzzzzz

Different comparison between Katong Mall and Changi. The Katong one isn't the only mall there, but is an addition to all the malls/eateries/shophouses in that area of Marine Parade. Coming up next is the redevelopment of Roxy and Paramount Hotel and Shopping Centre.

Piglet
22-02-12, 21:27
I'm worried for the tenants at katong mall leh.
Was there this afternoon and it seems like a lot of shops, especially ladies fashion, are very quiet! one of them even have buy one get one free promotion , which appears to me as a desperate measure to clear stocks.

heard from a staf from ZTP chinese medicine shop saying sales very very bad too...

So I wonder what went wrong with the retail and if the tenants can survive like that!

So sad.

Makan places seems to be doing fine though....

buttercarp
22-02-12, 21:51
I'm worried for the tenants at katong mall leh.
Was there this afternoon and it seems like a lot of shops, especially ladies fashion, are very quiet! one of them even have buy one get one free promotion , which appears to me as a desperate measure to clear stocks.

heard from a staf from ZTP chinese medicine shop saying sales very very bad too...

So I wonder what went wrong with the retail and if the tenants can survive like that!

So sad.

Makan places seems to be doing fine though....

I also just returned from 112 after dinner.
Yup, agree with you that other than the shops selling food, the rest don't seem to have many customers.

howgozit
22-02-12, 23:06
Parkway Parade still has better mix of shops. Difficult to beat compete.

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 12:30
I also just returned from 112 after dinner.
Yup, agree with you that other than the shops selling food, the rest don't seem to have many customers.
I am starting to really believe that spot of land is cursed with bad fengshui. Nothing ever flourish there.

marktkt22
23-02-12, 13:07
Katong mall not all that negative
1)there a gv cinema, great for mid nite movie
2) raffles medical clinic ..great for me . I had to go siglap in the past.
3) it push up ppty price
4) the eateries quite ok, but just a tat pricey
5) shops quite crappy...i must admit
6) the toast box operate until 4am , great for mid nite snack after movie
7) it made surrounding traffic a nightmare . It be worst after psb and coralis top
8) carpk r forever full.

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 13:13
Katong mall not all that negative
1)there a gv cinema, great for mid nite movie
2) raffles medical clinic ..great for me . I had to go siglap in the past.
3) it push up ppty price
4) the eateries quite ok, but just a tat pricey
5) shops quite crappy...i must admit
6) the toast box operate until 4am , great for mid nite snack after movie
7) it made surrounding traffic a nightmare . It be worst after psb and coralis top
8) carpk r forever full.
Should have just build multistorey carpark come one level of eateries plus one level cinema. Done.

marktkt22
23-02-12, 13:44
Great idea

Should have just build multistorey carpark come one level of eateries plus one level cinema. Done.

gn108
23-02-12, 14:08
Like the little retail space opposite Katong Church ...Lau's Arcade.
Most famous was the illegal gambling in the consulate...damn farny.
Now it's residential ....

I am starting to really believe that spot of land is cursed with bad fengshui. Nothing ever flourish there.

howgozit
23-02-12, 17:25
That building got some paranormal thing also going on right? At one time it was painted either blue or green for some fengshui reason to ward off the "dirty" things. That was years ago... anyone remember?

Like the little retail space opposite Katong Church ...Lau's Arcade.
Most famous was the illegal gambling in the consulate...damn farny.
Now it's residential ....

mcmlxxvi
23-02-12, 21:58
That building got some paranormal thing also going on right? At one time it was painted either blue or green for some fengshui reason to ward off the "dirty" things. That was years ago... anyone remember?
Yes. recall that it was some jarring colors...

ripclaw
01-03-12, 12:25
whats going to happen to Katong Shopping Center? Anyone knows?
Its already enbloc right? What are the going to build there? Condo? Shopping mall?:beats-me-man:

From wikipedia

As of August 2011, the mall is in the beginning of its final phase of en bloc sales, slated to be completed in mid 2012.

mkl22
01-03-12, 13:59
got meh? katong shopping centre enbloc? i doubt so,

ripclaw
01-03-12, 14:19
its in wikipedia leh.....enbloc since jan 2010....thats why i'm confused cos i couldnt find anything relating to that anywhere else. but it looks kind of old and dilipidated....

Jonathan0503
01-03-12, 15:40
Heard haven't got majority of owners to agree yet

zeamybro
23-11-12, 09:57
i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

But now PP is back with its most recent revamp! The new food court is very posh and somehow gave me the similar 'peranakan' feel as i12... On top of that, they have now brought in Toastbox, Honeymoon Desserts, ThaiExpress...... Will it give i12 a run for its money? Check out the new PP Basement 1...

Nevertheless, thats good news for all D15 folks.. more varieties, more choices :cheers5:

leesg123
23-11-12, 10:17
i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

But now PP is back with its most recent revamp! The new food court is very posh and somehow gave me the similar 'peranakan' feel as i12... On top of that, they have now brought in Toastbox, Honeymoon Desserts, ThaiExpress...... Will it give i12 a run for its money? Check out the new PP Basement 1...

Nevertheless, thats good news for all D15 folks.. more varieties, more choices :cheers5:

4919 Is the mee rubus, meesiam, curry chicken stall still operating a stall?

zeamybro
23-11-12, 10:26
Is the mee rubus, meesiam, curry chicken stall still operating a stall?

Oh ya, i didnt notice .... will keep a look out again later this evening.

By the way, HANS also invaded PP...

jbtay
23-11-12, 14:58
[quote=zeamybro]i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

Yipee! Last week, still not opened...:D

zeamybro
23-11-12, 15:08

yeah i waited till my neck v long also... finally .........

zeamybro
23-11-12, 18:11
Is the mee rubus, meesiam, curry chicken stall still operating a stall?

Leesg .. Unfortunately the laska and chicken curry stall no more... An auntie walking in front of me also searching for it, and walked away disappointed.

Check out the former fish n co premise, an exciting revamp

radha08
23-11-12, 21:49
[quote=zeamybro]i12 seems to be thriving well thus far... alas a successful revival from the old katong mall. It has quite a number of local favourites which PP didnt have ie. Toastbox, DingTaiFeng and Honeymoon Desserts which always have long queues...

posh means more $$$ to pay:D

bakasa2002
23-11-12, 23:22
Heard mini steamboat moved upstairs already. Anybody dine there yet?

zeamybro
23-11-12, 23:34
Heard mini steamboat moved upstairs already. Anybody dine there yet?

I dined at Kenny rogers just now. Din see the mini pot. But I saw Thai express, DingTaiFeng and a PApa-duno-wat, not in operation yet, but selling meesiam, laksa, nasilemak etc wondering if its from the same boss as the old food court one

fiat500
25-11-12, 02:19

Perhaps it's time for katong shopping centre to go for a complete revamp..
It's certainly an eyesore now...:D